ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2015 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mailvox: the hidden contempt for women

Norah is skeptical:

"And if one of you assholes (and you know who you are) that I've been reading the past few days would EVER lift a finger to save me from a rapist, then I'm Queen fucking Elizabeth.

There is a certain irony in that the more traditionally oriented male - the sort who thinks date rape is a myth - is far more likely to save a woman from another man than the sort who enjoys posturing about how terrible rape is and how he would never rape a woman.

If the definition of rape is stretched so far to include women who have not given consent, then I am absolutely a serial rapist. So, too, is every man I know. And if that makes me a rapist, I shall endeavor to somehow survive with that upon my conscience.

Although Norah is not likely to believe it, unlike many of the bold anti-rapists striking morally superior poses, I have actually physically defended a woman from an attacker. It wasn't a rape situation, though, just a mere beating. A loser named Buzzy had been dating a stripper friend of mine, and for whatever reason, decided to punch her in the face outside a nightclub just after closing. TPAM caught the girl as she collapsed, while I introduced Buzzy's head to the brick wall of the nightclub, then twice ran his face back and forth along what turned out to be a rather rough surface.

He didn't look quite as pretty after that, but he did learn his lesson. I'm always quite happy to defend a woman from an unprovoked attack and I'd probably, out of sheer instinct, defend a woman from an attack that she provoked and perhaps even deserved. But I do not accept that women are children, totally devoid of all responsibility for their decisions and actions in all situations.

I may not think that they should be allowed to vote, but I don't harbor that sort of utter contempt for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger K80theSHADE June 10, 2015 12:16 PM  

How is it you do not harbor contempt for your lesser?
If women are not the equal of men, how could men see them as having equal rights?
If women do not have the same rights as men, (obviously, we are not stretching the definition of "right" to include "capability." If a woman cannot think; the same as a cripple cannot walk, they still have the right to try) then how could they be respected?
If women are not respected, how could that be justice?

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted. Rules of the blog

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts
cdn title