ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2014 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fake Republicans for Obama

Powerline exposes the latest iteration of a stupid old Democratic trick:
It happens all the time in talk radio: a caller will say that he is a lifelong Republican, and will recall fondly how he voted for Ronald Reagan. Then he says that today’s Republicans have gone too far, and for the first time ever he is voting for a Democrat! These callers are nearly always lying. If you look them up, you likely will find that they are Democratic Party precinct chairmen.

The Obama campaign is trying to perpetrate the same deception. It has just released a video called Republican Women For Obama, which features four or five women who claim to be Republicans, or to have been Republicans until recently. But, of course, they are appalled by Mitt Romney–it is hard to say why, apart from a couple of discreet references to abortion, but did they really just now figure out that the Republican Party is pro-life? The ad is surprisingly ineffective, but it is also dishonest. At least one of the women who pose as “Republican women for Obama” is a long-time Democrat.

Her name is Maria Ciano, and BuzzFeed finds that she has been a registered Democrat in Colorado at least since 2006.
Of course, there is an easier way of knowing that the woman isn't a Republican than combing through her Facebook page and voter registration. First, she is an unmarried Hispanic woman. Second, one has to be a pretty extreme Democrat to be appalled by Mitt Romney's "right-wing" ways.

UPDATE: Obama is clearly getting desperate. President Barack Obama said Mitt Romney has locked himself into "extreme positions" on economic and social issues and would surely impose them if elected, trying to discredit his Republican rival at the biggest political moment of his life.

Romney is a flip-flopper, not an extremist, and everyone knows it. Obama's 2012 campaign is looking more hapless than Hillary Clinton's catastrophic 2008 team.

Labels:

57 Comments:

Anonymous DennisP August 26, 2012 9:14 AM  

It is reaching the point, that IF Obama made a pattern of speaking the truth, it would take a long time before I would actually believe him...

Anonymous FUBAR Nation (Ben) August 26, 2012 9:15 AM  

A hispanic woman republican? I don't think there's such a thing or will be unless republicans give a lot more free #$%# than the democrats always promise.

Is anyone else here tired of hearing about women's issues and the "assault on women?" It seems like this demographic is especially prone to idiotic emotional arguments.

Anonymous mec August 26, 2012 9:28 AM  

Actually if you look at the women in the ad they all look large, ugly and mad
That was what clued me in they were Dems.

Anonymous George August 26, 2012 9:30 AM  

What should have been done is an ad entitled "Independent Women for Obama" since it is these folks who will play a key role in the Obama victory.

It's no secret that in order to obtain the nomination, Romney has had to paint himself into a corner far to the righ on social issue, the put himself in opposition to not merely most left leaning women, but moderate females also.

Gay rights, women's health, reproductive rights, gun control, etc, etc. it goes on and on.

In addition, politically, women are more inclined to support compromise and they rightly see Romney and Republicans as unwilling to compromise. Another strike against Romney getting the moderate woman vote.

This all might be difficult for VD and others of his political and moral ilk to to see and appreciate. But its not hard for most others, including Romney and Obama to see. Hence, Romney's distaste in discussing nearly any social issues and Obama's pleasure in bringing them up.

Anonymous FUBAR Nation (Ben) August 26, 2012 9:48 AM  

Vox, why do you even cover the election? It's a contest between two identical candidates. The fact is that the party is over and the fed government will collapse eventually due to its insane spending and regulations. The time is over for trying to change the fed government. It's time to just hunker down and prepare for the worst.

Anonymous Joe August 26, 2012 9:53 AM  

Right up there with "Nuns for Satan"...

Blogger Vox August 26, 2012 9:57 AM  

It's no secret that in order to obtain the nomination, Romney has had to paint himself into a corner far to the righ on social issue, the put himself in opposition to not merely most left leaning women, but moderate females also.

That's not true, George. Especially not on abortion. Ross Douthat has a piece on this today. Romney is right in the middle on the abortion issue: anti-abortion except in cases of rape and incest. That is the majority position. Obama's pro-late term abortion in all circumstances position, including partial-birth, is the extreme one.

Anonymous George August 26, 2012 9:57 AM  

What's the difference between "Nuns for Satan" and "White Folks for God"??? It's all fantasy anyway.

Anonymous George August 26, 2012 10:00 AM  

Vox:

And yet, Obama gets the vote of those most impacted by Abortion policy. Add to this that Romney supports the hilarious "personhood" law, which is so far outside the mainstream you can't even get it passed in Mississippi.

Anonymous Mrs. Pilgrim August 26, 2012 10:11 AM  

And yet, Obama gets the vote of those most impacted by Abortion policy.

I wasn't aware that unborn children voted.

Anyway, Vox, this story doesn't surprise me. A good 70% of Obama's Twitter followers don't even exist, so of course he'd have fake Republican adherents. One thing liberals are obsessed with is popularity...

...Which stands to reason, considering that they have the political acumen and philosophy of middle-school girls.

Anonymous Josh August 26, 2012 10:11 AM  

And yet, Obama gets the vote of those most impacted by Abortion policy.

Wait, there's an "unborn babies for Obama" group?

Blogger IM2L844 August 26, 2012 10:19 AM  

... rightly see Romney and Republicans as unwilling to compromise.

The simple response that completely destroys that assertion: The Senate!

That Romney isn't using it in force is just more evidence he is not really trying to win the election, but was a tool to prevent a more electable (against Obama) candidate from running.

Blogger IM2L844 August 26, 2012 10:27 AM  

@Jorge

The majority of Caribs thought the hilarious practice of cannibalism was perfectly acceptable.

Anonymous hardscrabble farmer August 26, 2012 10:29 AM  

I have always been intrigued by the opinions of folks like George (see post above) who use words like "compromise" when clearly nothing could be further from the truth. In terms of abortion, for example, a compromise would be to allow abortion in the case of rape or incest (the two cases most often cited by the pro-choice crowd to move people emotionally towards a pro fetus slaughter position, but if you were to actually make that compromise, the goal would move a bit further, as in the case of "the health of the mother" angle which inevitably leads to emotional health, etc.

There is no compromising at all, it's either abortion on demand for everyone regardless of need or reason or it's "men want to chain women to the stove and beat them between patriarchal rapes in order to keep them pregnant and illiterate, etc, etc" Same thing with gay "marriage". Legally civil unions solved every legal argument (can't visit their dying loved one in the hospital, can't bequeath property in the event of death, etc) all of which are clearly legal falsehoods. Anyone can enter into a legal contract with anyone else in America regardless of sexual orientation- in fact protected by law- designating any party to any right whatsoever. That's a compromise, but Noooooo,the word marriage was the thing they wanted and nothing short of this- pardon the expression- linguistic abortion- would suffice.

There is no compromise with the Gorges of this world. You have it, they want it and that's all there is to it, so you'd better be prepared to do so and celebrate the loss for your troubles.

Blogger Vox August 26, 2012 10:40 AM  

And yet, Obama gets the vote of those most impacted by Abortion policy.

Dead unborn children can't vote, George. Moreover, none of this has anything to do with the fact that his campaign feels the need to lie about support from Republican women.

Blogger Trust August 26, 2012 11:32 AM  

@George: And yet, Obama gets the vote of those most impacted by Abortion policy.
_______

It's not rocket science, George. He'll get 95% of those who hold the minority position, and maybe 40% of those who hold the majority position. Problem is, for those who hold the majority position, they are less inclined to be one-issue voters.

The left is the master of the one issue voter. Affirmative action locks in the black vote even as most blacks are more conservative than liberal. Abortion locks in the female vote, even as most americans agree with the Republicans more than Democrats. Welfare, disability, entitlements, and other handouts tend to buy the votes of people who are otherwise not leftists. And all this flocks republicans like sheep into thinking they have to move left to get the middle, when he republican establishment is already left of center anyway.

This is a variation on the "two steps forward, one step back" logic of Karl Marx. When society feels we have gone two far left with the Democrats, they elect a Republican. They feel they are going to the right, when actually they are just going left a step at a time instead of two. Then when things continue to go to hell, they want "change" which is nothing more than hitting the gas in the same direction.

And every once in a while, they strike gold with a president like George Bush. We moved left slowly during Clinton, largely because of gridlock. Then we moved left faster under Bush, because he's a big spender and too much of a compromiser (although he isn't painted that way). So meanwhile, the voters blamed conservatism for the failures of the Bush administration and credited liberaldom with the "successes" of Clinton. So the country did the equivalent of running towards the burning building to get away from the fire.

Forward. *puke*

Anonymous Stickwick August 26, 2012 11:48 AM  

OT: School's 'Señores and Señoritas' day deemed offensive

Canyon High School will eliminate "Señores and Señoritas Day," an event where students were encouraged to don Latino-themed attire, after several students this spring arrived to campus dressed as gang members, gardeners, border patrol agents and pregnant teens.

Naturally, the administrative staff is being forced to take sensitivity training as a result.

Anonymous joe doakes August 26, 2012 12:07 PM  

Once you understand the rules of the game, Obama's strategy makes perfect sense.

40% will vote Democrat and 30% will vote Republican no matter what. That leaves 30% to fight over, the people who have no firm convictions, no unassailable principles. These are the kids who never fit in with the IN Crowd but wanted to. Hangers-on. Wanna-bes. Obama is playing them like the snotty girls did in high school.

"We're all going to vote for the First Black President in 2008, won't that be cool? You want to be cool, don't you? Obama is awesome. Besides, Sarah Palin is a B. Vote Obama!" Yeah, okay, I guess . . . .

"Ooooh, that Mitt is a weirdo. Nobody likes him. We used to Like his crowd but we un-friended those losers. You don't want to hang with losers, do you? You want to be cool like us, don't you? Obama is awesome. Vote Obama!"

Hey, it worked in high school. Hell, it worked four years ago. Sad part is, it might work again . . . .

Anonymous kh123 August 26, 2012 12:35 PM  

"Add to this that Romney supports the hilarious "personhood" law, which is so far outside the mainstream you can't even..."

Ah, Curious George has come down from the treetops today to share with us something special. Why, look George, there's an aborted child. Let's see what she... uh, I mean "it" has to say.

Anonymous Shild August 26, 2012 12:52 PM  

This ad is hilarious when you think about it for a second.

For example:
If you're a conservative woman and you believe in small government then Barack Obama is your candidate because he's keeping the government out of the decisions that should remain between you and God and you and your own conscience.

Remember, Obama is the candidate for you if you're a conservative (or a "moderate"). Because the Democrat Party is so much more conservative (and more moderate) than the Republican party (which is too "extreme" and also not "conservative" enough).

This add is DoublePlusGood!

Anonymous The other skeptic August 26, 2012 2:20 PM  

Dead unborn children can't vote, George. Moreover, none of this has anything to do with the fact that his campaign feels the need to lie about support from Republican women

Oh come now. Surely being dead is less of an inconvenience that having to deal with a needy child. And after all, in the long run, we are all dead. Abortion just hastens the natural condition. Furthermore, think of the women and minorities! We should protect them from the results of their actions.

(Note, for the satire impaired, those are not my actual views.)

Anonymous The other skeptic August 26, 2012 3:06 PM  

The contradictions inherent in the current US world view are interesting.

On the one hand, we have the claim that 90+% of climate scientists agree that anthropogenic global warming/catastrophe/whatever is proven. On the other hand when a large body of experts claim that something underhand was done they are regarded as cranks.

Then again, on the one hand, many people seem ready to believe that Bush was a monster who most likely authorized the 9/11 stuff, and yet these same people are not prepared to entertain the possibility that a subsequent administration might engage in some shady activity to get laws passed.

Blogger Nicholas Poirier August 26, 2012 3:12 PM  

Obama appears to be on the ropes and he is throwing desperate cheapshots. One of the only cards he had left in his hand is the social issue one. He needs to play it because he cannot run on jobs or the economy. Now this also could help Romney as well because it detracts from the attention from the fact Romney is a career flopper plus the fact he implemented Romney care. Social issues are important but peripheral to the main issue that both candidates are both similar in economic views and serve the powers that be.

Anonymous Cheddarman August 26, 2012 3:39 PM  

It is too bad for Obama that Rahm Emmanuel is not directing Team Obama's re-election bid. He would be fighting a dirtier and more effective campaign, sort of like Sherman's march to the sea. (not that i like emmanuel or sherman, both are/were evil men)

Anonymous The Angel Moroni (or is it Gabriel?) August 26, 2012 4:03 PM  

Why the next election should concern you ...

Anonymous Pazuzu (aka Fazuzu or Pazuza) August 26, 2012 4:16 PM  

Sorry.. I couldn't resist. I AM historical..... Ya know..

Anonymous Noah B. August 26, 2012 4:16 PM  

I wish they could both lose.

Anonymous Joseph Fielding Smith August 26, 2012 4:24 PM  

"Interesting what we say about Magic Negros....."

"I DID say that!" "I'm not kidding, ya know....."

"Is this somehow ........ prophetic?"

"Yikes...... the synchronicities here are just....... oozing, dripping........"

"This is spooky enough to scare even -- me!"

Anonymous FUBAR Nation (Ben) August 26, 2012 4:39 PM  

If the election were held and no one shows up to vote, does that mean the government is illegitimate?
If so, the solution is to not vote and withhold consent.

Anonymous WinstonWebb August 26, 2012 4:46 PM  

If the election were held and no one shows up to vote,

If NO ONE went to the polls and actually punched the card/keyed in at the Diebold, then Obama would only win the election by 8,000,000 to 0.

Anonymous Ferd August 26, 2012 5:10 PM  

Hillary had a disasterous campaign in 2008. BUT, why? She is suppose to have the "Clinton Machine" and is the smartest women in the World.

Is she one of those urban myths? Or Urbane Miss?

Her legend grows but she does not.

Anonymous Mrs. Pilgrim August 26, 2012 5:31 PM  

Her legend grows but she does not.

Explain her butt, then.

*ducks and runs*

Blogger Doom August 26, 2012 10:08 PM  

Fake Republicans? Heck, the man has fake Democrat followers on Tweet and elsewhere. I have heard Michelle doesn't even actually like him. She's in it for the vaca's.

Anonymous oregon mouse August 26, 2012 11:37 PM  

Mormonism has a lot of raciss baggage, especially against blacks. I'm surprised his surrogates haven't brought it up yet.

Anonymous Outlaw X August 27, 2012 1:15 AM  

Vox, how long until the prince Harry camera man turns up dead?

Blogger James Dixon August 27, 2012 5:33 AM  

> I'm surprised his surrogates haven't brought it up yet.

What makes you think they haven't>? I'm sure the whisper campaign is going full steam among their target audience.

Anonymous George August 27, 2012 10:09 AM  

"Dead unborn children can't vote, George. Moreover, none of this has anything to do with the fact that his campaign feels the need to lie about support from Republican women."

Live children can't vote either, VD. But it's neither here nor there since since embryos aren't children...they are...embryos.

It's pretty clear that Romney's views on Reproductive rights are every bit as obscene as Akin's and the rest of the GOP. Reproductive rights and women's health isn't the most pressing problem by a long shot. However, if they can't get something simple like this right, what are the odds they are going to get anything else right.

Anonymous Mrs. Pilgrim August 27, 2012 10:37 AM  

But it's neither here nor there since since embryos aren't children...they are...embryos.

He speaks with such certainty of things about which he is completely ignorant. Then he wonders why people don't take him seriously.

Boring.

Anonymous George August 27, 2012 10:58 AM  

Mrs. Pilgrim:

Zygote/embryo is to child as Corporation is to person.

But it's hardly the point. The point is that it appears that the GOP and Romney have not only completely given up on even addressing women's issues in a coherent way, but have sign on to so many other silly policy positions pushed by the Tin-Foil-Hat Right that now they have very little room to maneuver in this election.

I knew this was the case when Romney agreed with the policy position that all and any Americans ought to be able to ignore any law as long as they make the case that it offends their moral world view.

In any case, Romney and the rest of the GOP-AKIN party have no chance of attracting the votes of liberal and moderate women. And it will kill them in many a swing state. Look at Missouri post-Akin. There has been a 10-13 point reversal in the polls. Look at how many of those reversing their position are women of a moderate ilk.

It appears we will save ourselves from having to deal with a disastrous Romney presidency as folks are beginning to get a sense of just how radical this flip-flopper is.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 27, 2012 11:06 AM  

Vox, I think we all agree. Obama painting Romney as a right-wing extremist is a nutty move, since it would only get out the conservative vote for Romney. But any conservative who votes for Romney (or Ryan) will be sorely disappointed. Neither Romney or Ryan are conservative on the important issues that are critical to actually being called conservative.

Romney is by no means a leader, he will follow the lead of Congress, in the same way that he followed the lead of the Massachusettes legislature. This tradition goes back to the roots of the Republican Party to the Whig Party past. It is also consistent with the traditions of the original thirteen colonies. Once they became states, they were deeply suspicious of executive authority and created weak governors. If you want what George Bush Jr. calls the "unitary executive", an all-powerful governor, you would have to go west to the newer states with little or no American Revolution experience. People who have resisted tyranny seldom want more of it, whereas the frontier experience gave people little patience with the group think of state legislatures. That is where you find the strong executive in civil government.

It is a tad unfair to call Romney a flip-flopper. He is not ideological in the tradition of the strong executive, but I welcome less of an imperial presidency. An unusually strong executive seems to be more likely to usurp authority reserved in the Constitution for Congress, or for the states, and this we see every day with Mr. Obama. He may not be a bright president and his borrowed ideas show a lack of judgement, but no one can say he has been reluctant to operate the levers of government....including the ones not available to the President. Nothing is more frightful than ignorance on the move.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 27, 2012 11:12 AM  

No one ever lost an election appealing to the least intelligent portion of the electorate. If Obama can convince white women to vote for his re-election, they will get exactly what they deserve. Unfortunately, the rest of us will get the same thing....even though we did not vote for Obama.

Anonymous George August 27, 2012 12:25 PM  

Don:

White women did and will vote for Obama for the simple reason that across issues, Obama and the Democrats best represent the reasonable middle on social and economic issues. Plus, no women, upon examining the positions taken by the Tin-Foil-Hat Republicans, believes they have any understanding of the issues that pertain to women.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 27, 2012 2:54 PM  

George:

There is no "reasonable" middle on social and economic issues, but if there were any such positions, Obama would be well to the left of them. Obama lied his way into the White House in 2008, forgot every promise he made, and delivered nothing. (Oh yeah, blame Congress....or maybe Bush.)

NO WOMEN who have a job (or business) today believe with any certainty that their job (or business) would survive yet another four years of Obama policies. This must rank much more significant to ALL WOMEN than the bonanza of free birth control pills every month.

Obamba has become a tyrant and a dictator. He has disregarded the Constitution at every turn, governed by edict when Congress would not pass his lunacy into law, and ignores existing laws by ordering agencies to refuse to enforce them. The first two years of his term of office, Obamba thought he was elected King instead of President. Now in the last two years, Obamba says "We Can't Wait". Just today, the "Liar in Chief" said he is NOW willing to compromise in ways that would shock his own party faithful. (Next month is September and then October. He can show us in the time remaining before the election. I doubt it too.) Obamba is a bloody liar and nothing he says is binding on himself or anyone else. If the white women get seduced again....not saying they will or they won't....they will get what they deserve.

Blogger James Dixon August 27, 2012 3:57 PM  

> Live children can't vote either, VD.

Give your party time George. They're working on it.

> However, if they can't get something simple like this right, what are the odds they are going to get anything else right.

It's only your opinion that they have it wrong.

> Zygote/embryo is to child as Corporation is to person.

Gee. I'm going to grow to be a corporation some day. Why didn't my parents ever tell me?

> In any case, Romney and the rest of the GOP-AKIN party have no chance of attracting the votes of liberal and moderate women.

Well, half right, anyway. Maybe as much as 2/3rd's. We'll have to wait and see.

> There has been a 10-13 point reversal in the polls.

Really? I didn't realize Romney/Ryan had gained that much. :)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

> White women did and will vote for Obama for the simple reason that across issues, Obama and the Democrats best represent the reasonable middle on social and economic issues.

Yep. That's the democrat's position for you. Anything to the right of Mao is an extremist right wing position.

Anonymous George August 27, 2012 6:13 PM  

Don:

You should warn someone that you are tin-foil-hat-wearing lunatic before you engage them.

Blogger James Dixon August 27, 2012 6:48 PM  

> You should warn someone that you are tin-foil-hat-wearing lunatic before you engage them.

George, you think we're all tin-foil-hat-wearing lunatics. In fact, as noted above, you think anyone to the right of Mao is. So stop pretending you expect otherwise.

Anonymous George August 27, 2012 8:11 PM  

James:

When this Don fella says things like "He [Obama] has disregarded the Constitution at every turn" the only thing to assume is that he has a collection of tin foil hats.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 27, 2012 8:16 PM  

George: I need no introduction here. I have been on this blog for years using my own name. Your name is relatively new and the nonsense you write is consistent with a political campaign shill, either for the Democratic Party or the Obamba campaign. It really does not matter to me either way.

I do not work for any politician or campaign at all nor am I a Republican. Wear your own tin-foil-hat if you like. But you fail to realize that this blog is not like some of the others you hit. Many of the people posting here have known each other for many years (by name) and your antics are not going to have much effect. Suggest you spend more time on the Slate over at Yahoo. You will like it there.

Blogger James Dixon August 27, 2012 9:11 PM  

> When this Don fella says things like "He [Obama] has disregarded the Constitution at every turn" the only thing to assume is that he has a collection of tin foil hats.

A detailed list of the times Obama has disregarded the Constitution would take me all night to type in. And would be completely factual. But to you, that's "tin foil hat" talk.

Of course, Obama is merely continuing the tradition set by his direct predecessor. One would almost think they were brothers separated at birth, given the way they act.

Anonymous Stilicho August 28, 2012 6:37 AM  

appears we will save ourselves from having to deal with a disastrous Romney presidency as folks are beginning to get a sense of just how radical this flip-flopper is.

Coming to an anti-Captain Underoos blog to campaign against Captain Underoos reeks of desperation. Don't worry George, even if Romney wins (which is looking highly likely right now), nothing important will change: we'll still have a massive debt crisis, a pointless war in Afghanistan, a gargantuan, intrusive police state, you'll be able to sacrifice to Moloch whenever you want, and do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

Anonymous George August 28, 2012 9:44 AM  

Don said:

"George: I need no introduction here. I have been on this blog for years using my own name. Your name is relatively new and the nonsense you write is consistent with a political campaign shill, either for the Democratic Party or the Obamba campaign. It really does not matter to me either way."

I'm not sure what your status as an institutional commenter has to do with your loony toon statement that Obama "has disregarded the Constitution at every turn." It's loony toons whether you posted comments here daily or have merely put on your tin foil hat once to comment.

Anonymous Stilicho August 28, 2012 1:19 PM  

George,

Please identify the Constitutional basis for:

Not having to demonstrate eligibility for the office of President;

Committing U.S. troops to combat without Declaration of War, Congressional authorization, or a finding of clear and present danger to the U.S.;

Executive order to not enforce U.S. immigration law; etc.

Let's just start with those 3. I'm sure the Ilk will have additional questions.

Anonymous George August 28, 2012 1:44 PM  

Stilcho:

1. The Constitution does not require and time, place and method of confirming eligibility for office. The what's the point since Obama was born in the U.S and proved it with a Birth Certificate.

2. I believe most administrations, including all those going back to Truman have used various constitutional reasoning for involving U.S. resources in conflicts including the War Power's Act.

3. Article 2, Section 1.

Anonymous Stilicho August 28, 2012 2:00 PM  

George:

1) But it does require one to be eligible. You have not answered the question: what is the constitutional basis for asserting that one does not have to demonstrate eligibility. Note that this is a different question from whether one is eligible. Now, answer the question.

2) So, you have nothing or are too stupid to understand why that type of "other kids are doing it" answer is routinely rejected by every parent in the land.

3) By all means, provide us with a quote of the text in Article 2, Section 1 that authorizes the President to order government employees to not enforce federal laws. I'll give you a hint: it's not in there.

4) Short bus will be by to pick you up at 4.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2012 4:11 PM  

> The what's the point since Obama was born in the U.S and proved it with a Birth Certificate.

Yet another person who has no understanding that natural born citizen does not equate to citizen. But then we already knew that.

Anonymous George August 28, 2012 6:56 PM  

Stilcho

"1) But it does require one to be eligible. You have not answered the question: what is the constitutional basis for asserting that one does not have to demonstrate eligibility. Note that this is a different question from whether one is eligible. Now, answer the question."

Indeed, one must be eligible to hold the office of the president. What's the point? Obama is a Citizen. He was 35 or older.



"3) By all means, provide us with a quote of the text in Article 2, Section 1 that authorizes the President to order government employees to not enforce federal laws. I'll give you a hint: it's not in there."

Sure: "The executive power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America."

Anonymous Stilicho August 29, 2012 7:52 AM  

George:

Thank you for demonstrating your stupidity and evasiveness for all and sundry. Why are you afraid to answer questions 1 & 2?

As for your answer to 3, that's a complete non-answer-- please show us where the executive power is defined in the Constitution to include the power to override constitutional laws enacted by Congress. Or do you really believe that a President can do whatever he wants without Constitutional authority?

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts