ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2014 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, August 17, 2012

The Lizard Queen must rule!

Of course she turned down the offer of Number Two. She must be Number One!
"Up until just a couple of weeks ago the White House was putting out feelers to see if Hillary would accept the vice-presidential nod and replace Joe Biden. Bill Clinton was, I’m told, urging his wife to accept the number two slot. He saw this as a great launching pad for her for running in 2016.”
I note that my prediction of an Obama drop-out is still in play.... I mean, why were the Democratic elders trying to drop Biden if it weren't for their concerns about the electoral problems of his boss?

Labels:

100 Comments:

Blogger Lovekraft August 17, 2012 1:07 PM  

Obama has likely cut so many 'inconveniences' that his VP wouldn't be safe. Simpler for Obama to use Biden as a scapegoat (although it is clear that Biden is about as useful to the country as used bubblegum).

What I wonder is how MSM will react should Mitt win. Will they beg for forgiveness, or just double-down on their bias?

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 1:15 PM  

You are perhaps the worst predictor of US politics with a widely read blog. Maybe Bill Kristol is worse, it's a close call.

You would never accept unsourced anonymous informants from your ideological foes, but you have no problem lapping them up like stooge when the story lines interest you.

Anonymous Daniel August 17, 2012 1:22 PM  

I'd prefer Hillary to either Obama or Romney in the white house, but only because it would be nice to have a man in the Oval Office for a change.

Blogger Cloud William August 17, 2012 1:23 PM  

dh (August 17, 2012 1:15 PM):

...you have no problem lapping them up like stooge when the story lines interest you.

VD's blog, VD's rules. Vox Popoli is all about what interests Vox Day; Vox has made no secret of this, so why the snark?

Anonymous Fatso McGraw August 17, 2012 1:24 PM  

Rim shot.

Good one Daniel.

Obama is and will be the Democrat candidate.

Blogger Markku August 17, 2012 1:24 PM  

VD's blog, VD's rules. Vox Popoli is all about what interests Vox Day; Vox has made no secret of this, so why the snark?

Irrelevant to the claim of being a bad predictor.

Blogger Joshua_D August 17, 2012 1:28 PM  

Daniel August 17, 2012 1:22 PM

I'd prefer Hillary to either Obama or Romney in the white house, but only because it would be nice to have a man in the Oval Office for a change.


Heh heh heh ... good one.

Anonymous Johnny Reb August 17, 2012 1:33 PM  

I agree Vox, you suck at political predictions but then again so do I. I still owe a friend a dinner from my failure at predicting '08 :(

What the hey though, you do come up with some intriguing ones though.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 1:36 PM  

> VD's blog, VD's rules. Vox Popoli is all about what interests Vox Day; Vox has made no secret of
> this, so why the snark?

Because it shows a weak mental character to lap up drivel when it agrees with you, and then to deride it (rightly!) when it comes from your critics and/or detractors.

If the run of the mill atheist blog ran an article claiming global warming almost destroyed California yesterday, but it was narrowly avoided by brave scientists, based on anonymous sourcing and name dropping, VD would either (a) ignore it or (b) deride it. When a story of the same credibility with the same sourcing emerged today, VD ignores objective reality.

Anonymous Salt August 17, 2012 1:41 PM  

The Dems are saddled with Obama which would put HILLARY! at odds with him should she have accepted. Why would she do that? It's Obama who has to go. The Dems don't want a President Biden.

In order for HILLARY! to ascend, watch for a major Obama scandal and HILLARY! being nominated on the convention floor.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 1:56 PM  

> In order for HILLARY! to ascend, watch for a
> major Obama scandal and HILLARY! being nominated
> on the convention floor.

Fantasies like this only exist in the minds of the right-wing bloggers and nutjobs.

Fact - delegates earned by Pres. Obama in the primaries are committed - in many cases by law - to vote for their candidate in the first round of nominations.

Fact - the only way for delegates to be released would be for party rules to be changed and for the candidate to release them personally.

Fact - at this point in the race it is Obama's to lose. He's not even behind, and election day is not that far off. The best poll analysts (unlike VD, the ones who make predictions and then stand by their results good or bad) all show Obama with a solid EV lead. The day to day variations in the polls notwithstanding, the trend has not changed perceptibly in several months.

Anonymous Stickwick August 17, 2012 1:57 PM  

When a story of the same credibility with the same sourcing emerged today, VD ignores objective reality.

What objective reality is that?

The Hillary story is not of the same credibility as a crackpot claim like the one you conjured up. It's not that difficult to accurately distinguish the plausible claims from the ridiculous ones (like the example you cited).

Blogger IM2L844 August 17, 2012 2:06 PM  

VD ignores objective reality.

Project much?

Blogger Titus Quinctius Cincinnatus August 17, 2012 2:07 PM  

Stickwick - you're a good egg.

Anonymous The Anti-Gnostic August 17, 2012 2:13 PM  

Is she seriously considering the 2016 Presidential race? She will be 69 years old, and she's no Ronald Reagan, much less marathon-running Ron Paul (who was also too old). Hillary looks old, tired and fat because she is old, tired and fat. I don't despise her so much as I want to tell her to sit down and put her feet up.

Lifespans are increasing; quality of life and brain function are not, not to mention the handicap of being generally clueless about the national interest and diplomacy in the first place. Clinton has no business being in charge of anything but Thanksgiving Dinner beyond 2012. Not that she'd have a clue how to roast a turkey.

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 2:20 PM  

dh August 17, 2012 1:15 PM

You would never accept unsourced anonymous informants from your ideological foes, but you have no problem lapping them up like stooge when the story lines interest you.


You're confusing Vox with the typical leftist journalist, of which the MSM is almost entirely comprised. I'm positive you have no problems with their slanted leftist fantasies they publish 24 hours a day.

Here's the reality. Vox is not a journalist. He writes whatever he likes to write about on this blog. Nobody is paying him to do it. Nobody is forcing you to read it. But of course you can't help but yap and snarl and jump around like the spiteful little anklebiter you are.

Anonymous Matt August 17, 2012 2:23 PM  

You would never accept unsourced anonymous informants from your ideological foes, but you have no problem lapping them up like stooge when the story lines interest you.

Call be crazy, but the contents of a post entitled "The Lizard Queen must rule!" might not be meant as an entirely serious scholarly analysis...

Anonymous ENthePeasant August 17, 2012 2:25 PM  

VD may indeed by a bad predictor but when friends in DC tell me that the executive is in total chaos and they can't figure out from one minute to the next what's going on (and this isn't a matter of politics, they are Dems) it makes me wonder. No one likes to talk about why Obama has never put together a single budget in his entire term. He's actually never put together anything (although he promises everything) even the health care bill was crafted by Pelosi with the support of Barry and Harry. But there's a huge problem that makes Barry's withdrawal complicated. Joe Biden is next in line, and then Pelosi, both of whom suffer from dementia tinged with extreme self importance. The press may not be covering all this (they love the idea of being pounded in the ass by a liberal black man who's white) but the chaos will eventually bare fruit. It's not going to be held off forever. The stink is getting ever greater. We should all be very afraid. There was a wonderful book called "Soldier of the Great War". One of the characters is a former accountant who becomes a bureaucrat in the Italian war bureaucracy. He sends battalions here, and another one to replace the one that was just there, allocates ammunition where it's not needed, and has trains run empty to different parts of the country based on his whim. That's Barry, he runs on whim. The Democrats are very afraid, as they should be. But to remove him has even worse dangers short term and they can't imagine not being in power.

Anonymous ENthePeasant August 17, 2012 2:27 PM  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of VD's assertions has been that Hilary would be in the mix. Looks like that was close enough.

Anonymous Daniel August 17, 2012 2:28 PM  

A slower, retardeder Hillary would be even better for the country. The closer a candidate is to room temperature the more effective they become at impeding endless reform. Incompetence has no advantage over inactivity. The only better scenario is a Weekend at Bernie's: White House Edition.

The last thing we need is another media-knighted smarty like Obama or Woodrow Wilson making things better for everyone with their anesthetic brain vapors.

Anonymous Fatso McGraw August 17, 2012 2:38 PM  

ENthePeasant wrote, "One of the characters is a former accountant who becomes a bureaucrat in the Italian war bureaucracy. He sends battalions here, and another one to replace the one that was just there, allocates ammunition where it's not needed, and has trains run empty to different parts of the country based on his whim."

Great novel. You're talking about the spiteful little dwarf who was enraged that the typewriter had made his manual scribing obsolete. I believe our government is filled with spiteful little dwarves. Heaven help us.

Anonymous Stickwick August 17, 2012 2:47 PM  

Stickwick - you're a good egg.

Heh. I'm the one who posted the Hillary story in another comment thread, so I'z kinda defending myself there.

A slower, retardeder Hillary would be even better for the country.

Agreed. For all their twisted ways, the Clintons are superior to the more ideological Dems in that they're more interested in what's politically expedient than what's ideologically correct. If she's trying to be expedient while she's slower and retardeder, all the better.

Anonymous Josh August 17, 2012 2:55 PM  

Hell, Bill Clinton was probably the best president we've had since Eisenhower, if you look at government spending, taxes, economic growth.

Anonymous Bob Ramar August 17, 2012 3:01 PM  

I think that the only shot Obama has at winning reelection would be with Hillary taking Biden's place. I was rather nervous yesterday when I saw the headlines about the President having meetings with Hillary, then Biden, then lunch with Biden. I figured old Joe was a goner. Then, later in the day I saw the headline that Biden was staying and breathed a sign of relief. I think that Romney won the election when he picked Ryan as his VP. I think Obama just lost the election by not replacing old Joe.

Anonymous VD August 17, 2012 3:22 PM  

You are perhaps the worst predictor of US politics with a widely read blog. Maybe Bill Kristol is worse, it's a close call.

Not at all true. I got the Palin pick right. And I correctly anticipatd that the Republican candidate would be a Senatorial sacrificial lamb in the Dole mode if it wasn't Pataki.

Also, I make my predictions months, sometimes even years in advance.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 3:22 PM  

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of VD's
> assertions has been that Hilary would be in the > mix. Looks like that was close enough.

Prediction was that she would win 2008 election. And maybe 2012 somehow.

Anonymous JartStar August 17, 2012 3:23 PM  

@ENthePeasant

Vox was right in characterizing Obama as someone who enjoys the trappings of power, but doesn’t really use the power. If we weren’t in the Great Recession and had a normal economy he’d probably go down as one of the most popular presidents of the 50 years because he’d do so little

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 3:25 PM  

> You're confusing Vox with the typical leftist
> journalist, of which the MSM is almost entirely
> comprised. I'm positive you have no problems
> with their slanted leftist fantasies they
> publish 24 hours a day.
I do no such thing. I think these types of fantastical claims that are unsourced are a joke. It should never be printed. If your sources won't comment on the record, you aren't a reporter or journalist, you are playing games.

> But of course you can't help but yap and snarl
> and jump around like the spiteful little
> anklebiter you are.

Of course he can write whatever he wants, but if he accepts comments, he should expect to be challenged when a reader finds his analysis to be amazingly childish.

Anonymous VD August 17, 2012 3:28 PM  

Because it shows a weak mental character to lap up drivel when it agrees with you, and then to deride it (rightly!) when it comes from your critics and/or detractors.

You're clearly clueless here. Do you honestly think I give even the smallest damn about this irrelevant stuff? It amuses me, no more, no less. You must have an IQ lower than 120 to think that I take my political horse race predictions 1/100th as seriously as my economic ones.

And since we're talking about predictions, I will say that Romney is going to beat Obama, if Obama runs in November. I don't care what the polls say, as I don't pay any attention to them.

Anonymous VD August 17, 2012 3:29 PM  

If your sources won't comment on the record, you aren't a reporter or journalist, you are playing games.

I'm not a reporter or a journalist, you moron. Not only have I never claimed to be, I have always expressly denied it.

Anonymous Lysander Spooner August 17, 2012 3:38 PM  

My prediction:

1. Obummer drops out and gives the ball to Hitlery.

2. Romulus drops out and Ron Paul wins the nomination in spite of all
gnashing of teeth of the Neocons.
3. Ron crushes Hitlery in the general election, only to be offed and
will claim she is in charge.

Blogger James Dixon August 17, 2012 3:49 PM  

> Of course he can write whatever he wants, but if he accepts comments, he should expect to be challenged when a reader finds his analysis to be amazingly childish.

Well, you'll notice that your comments are still here. I doubt we could say the same for most other blogs (Scalzi's comes to mind).

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 4:03 PM  

dh August 17, 2012 3:25 PM

but if he accepts comments, he should expect to be challenged when a reader finds his analysis to be amazingly childish.


Pulling stupid leftist tricks again. Your were not challenging Vox's analysis, you were yammering about his criteria for selecting topics on which to post about.

Blogger IM2L844 August 17, 2012 4:10 PM  

...if he accepts comments, he should expect to be challenged...

Shouldn't a challenge, by definition, be challenging?

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 4:12 PM  

I do no such thing. I think these types of fantastical claims that are unsourced are a joke.

I missed this bit of drivel. You buy every stinking bit of propaganda the MSM puts out there. For example, I have no doubt you were with the rest of the leftist mob calling for Zimmerman's head. Your only criteria for selecting what you will believe is that it supports your leftist ideology. Being a lefitst, you have ZERO credibility in the area of objectivity. You are, however, shameless hypocrites, thus your initial comment.

Anonymous FUBAR Nation (Ben) August 17, 2012 4:14 PM  

Chocolate covered lizard ... sounds yummy.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 17, 2012 4:18 PM  

Yes, Vox has made some wrong predictions (I'm thinking Hillary in 2008 here). So what? I think this error was probably due to the fact that VD was observing the situation over here in the Banksta Banana Republick from afar. He likely had no idea of just how wildly enthusiastic younger white female voters and the legions of metro-sexualized white males who follow them were over the Mocha Messiah that year. It was absolutely sickening. I see less enthusiasm for D'Won on d'downlow this year, but I agree with dh's reckoning of the electoral vote. Zero will probably walk away with a clear victory, which was no doubt the plan of Satanists who pull the strings all along.

This kabuki "erection" farce is a but another example of Repukes in their classic role of the fake opposition. I expect that Bankstas, Neo-Trotskyites, and Leninists who completely control R-jersey franchise have no actual intention of winning the present episode, much in the way that their counterparts who operate the D-jersey franchise had no intention of winning in 2004 when they nominated the sneering, elitist, billionaire gigolo from the Marxist hellhole of Massachusetts against the all-hat West Texas "Decider" caudillo.

Anonymous JartStar August 17, 2012 4:29 PM  

I will say that Romney is going to beat Obama, if Obama runs in November.

If fundraising money and bankers pick the POTUS then Romney will definitely win. The Republicans and “moderates” fear what he will do in the next 4 years, and the Democrats are ticked that he stabbed them in the back repeatedly and aren't donating. Ultimately the economy will likely be his undoing.

Anonymous Daniel August 17, 2012 4:33 PM  

I'm almost certain that the next President will have and O and an M in his last name.

Ommmm....

Ommmm....

Ommmm....

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 4:39 PM  

Concerning Vox's score on his predictions, I've yet to read anyone, including those on the inside and those paid to study this garbage, who has any consistency in predicting what will actually be transpiring in the world of politics. That pit of vipers is too deep and too crowded to be able to clearly see all the slithering and manipulations that are taking place at the very bottom.

Blogger JohnG August 17, 2012 4:41 PM  

On the other hand, Joe can't control his mouth and unless they lock him in a closet for the next couple of months he's bound to gaffe again. The reporting today is that the Dem's are getting a little frantic, I expect them to start yelling that Repubs are going to turn old people into Soilent Green... If Joe blows it, they'll be pushing Hillary even harder. I don't doubt that they're talking about dumping the guy, they're only one term away from trying to run that clown in a general...

Blogger Baloo August 17, 2012 4:54 PM  

If you want good predictions, go to this guy:
http://nowstradamus.blogspot.com/
And I'm sure it's true that Hillary was offered VP, but equally sure that Bill didn't want her to take it. My theory here:
http://ex-army.blogspot.com/2012/08/hillary-says-nyet.html

Anonymous Josh August 17, 2012 4:55 PM  

And since we're talking about predictions, I will say that Romney is going to beat Obama, if Obama runs in November. I don't care what the polls say, as I don't pay any attention to them.

What's your reasons behind that? The economy tanking, people unhappy with Obama, Obama being politically incompetent?

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 17, 2012 5:21 PM  

Looks like Willard Mittens has his marching orders should he assume the blessed position. Of course, these are no doubt the very same orders Zero was given a while back by those who must no be named. Going back to Vox's point in his award-winning series of hi-skool articulz at WND for the edification of the "conservative" intelligentsia, D'Won on d'downlow prefer to be spendin' his days playin' golf, mastah-killah wi' de drohnnzz, etc. Willard Mittens, by contrast, is a teleprompter-reader that a guy like Bill Kristol can count on to attack the mostest evilest evil since Hitler himself. A bizniss-man who will get the job done! Ooooo-raaah!

Anonymous Mrs. Pilgrim August 17, 2012 5:21 PM  

I mean, why were the Democratic elders trying to drop Biden if it weren't for their concerns about the electoral problems of his boss?

The Dems are trying to replace Biden because Biden has been making increasingly stupid and offensive comments over the last few weeks--and the Republican cheerleader sites and blogs have been making merry over his gaffes like flies over a cow pie.

He's an embarrassment to an already humiliated running mate, and one thing the Left cannot abide is being embarrassed.

In any event, I don't think they'd do an Obama drop-out. I think that, if there's a conspiracy afoot, they'd prefer him as an MLK-esque martyr. Maybe these public shootings are actually dry runs for something more sensational?

/conspiracytheorist

Blogger Markku August 17, 2012 5:27 PM  

which was no doubt the plan of Satanists who pull the strings all along.

I prefer the term Luciferians. It emphasizes more that these people don't think they are worshipping a devil in red tights (as C.S. Lewis puts it) but rather think that Satan is actually the good guy in the war.

Anonymous JohnR August 17, 2012 5:35 PM  

Hilary would not take VP. Obama, even if he wins, is a loser. The economy will not improve. In fact, I think it will get worse. Anyone tied to Obama will likely be a loser too.

History will not be kind to Obama.

Blogger Markku August 17, 2012 5:37 PM  

Hopefully Obama will at least succeed in making affirmative-action presidents an unpopular concept in the future.

Blogger Joshua_D August 17, 2012 6:34 PM  

Josh August 17, 2012 4:55 PM
VD - And since we're talking about predictions, I will say that Romney is going to beat Obama, if Obama runs in November. I don't care what the polls say, as I don't pay any attention to them.

What's your reasons behind that? The economy tanking, people unhappy with Obama, Obama being politically incompetent?


I'd go with ...

1. Obama is bad.

2. Romney is white.

3. Profit!

Anonymous Godfrey August 17, 2012 7:10 PM  

Romney is Bush III. His regime will look just like that of Bush II. Obama, the "Black" version of Bush, will win because he is slightly less likely to lead us into another neo-con war and WWIII.

Blogger LP 999/Eliza August 17, 2012 7:53 PM  

If the media thinks voters are going to sit through those gawd awful debates they have another fact to observe. As a country is deep in a depression, unemployment and growing lawlessness, there are no amount of goofy debates to calm either side.

Anonymous Johnny Caustic August 17, 2012 7:58 PM  

Why would the Vice Presidency be a better launching pad for her 2016 run than her current position as a well-respected Secretary of State? I would bet on the opposite.

Anonymous JCclimber August 17, 2012 8:10 PM  

Let's see:
Obama had zero governing experience.
Zero actual world business experience.
Just a few years in national public office.
Of dubious (at best) legal standing to even hold the office due to citizenship.
Was black.
Can't speak clearly when off teleprompter.
Had serious ties to far-leftist organizations.
Spent much of his childhood outside America.
Has a Muslim name.
Is suspected of being a Muslim.

And yet, he still won the presidency in 2008. In my area, the San Fran Bay Area, people are still just as likely to vote for him again, and once again are lining up to donate to his reelection.

He got at least three major leftist fantasies accomplished. 1) Mandatory healthcare for everyone! 2) Gays openly in the military. 3) Amnesty for illegal immigrants.

What could possibly lead any of you to believe that the left and moderates won't pull the lever for the D-Team in November?

Anonymous JCclimber August 17, 2012 8:12 PM  

as a follow up to my comment, you obviously underestimate the size, flavor and amount of steroids in the hamster food the liberals consume every day to feed their rationalization hamsters.

Blogger JohnG August 17, 2012 8:26 PM  

"In my area, the San Fran Bay Area..." - JC

Bah, sorry. God that whole area is beautiful, I spent years in Monterey. The politics of that whole state keep me from going back there, even though there's good jobs in my industry (well, that and my guns, I'm not registering them).

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 8:29 PM  

> I'm not a reporter or a journalist, you moron.
> Not only have I never claimed to be, I have
> always expressly denied it.

I was not directing this towards you, this was directed towards another post which claimed I must be happy with the liberal-left media's news reporting similar garbage, or to that effect. Which is not true, the above comment is in response to that claim.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 8:32 PM  

> Being a lefitst, you have ZERO credibility in
> the area of objectivity. You are, however,
> shameless hypocrites, thus your initial comment.
Honestly, if you believe I am leftist based on this conversation, you are completely lacking in reasoning. Understanding the fundamental tenets of objective reality does not make me a leftist. All of the prediction re:Biden, the VP ticket, Hillary are coming from people (a) who will not name a single source, (b) who have no positive track record, and (c) are not credible. Acknowledging that does not mean I am an Obama voter, or anything of the sort. It simply is what is - pointing out that the entire line of argument is drummed up by right-wing media types who think their readers are literally stupid.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 8:35 PM  

> Pulling stupid leftist tricks again. Your were
> not challenging Vox's analysis, you were
> yammering about his criteria for selecting
> topics on which to post about.

VD didn't provide any analysis. It's apparently just a low-brow game he likes to play, or something. All he did was breathlessly repeat and excerpt another fabulists story.

Blogger Earl August 17, 2012 8:43 PM  

A silly prediction about a political race requires much less evidence than a claim about a global crisis. In this case, anonymous/unsourced is fine; nobody was harmed in the making of this fun political fantasy. The cost and risk of Vox making this prediction is negligible, but the reward if true would be extraordinary.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 8:47 PM  

> Do you honestly think I give even the smallest
> damn about this irrelevant stuff? It amuses me,
> no more, no less. You must have an IQ lower than
> 120 to think that I take my political horse race
> predictions 1/100th as seriously as my economic
> ones.

This makes no sense. For one, it's hard to swallow because you post often about any conspiracy theory that possibly involves Sec. Clinton. It's really weird. Maybe its' some fixation on the Clintons. Maybe you can't accept the fact that they don't really run much of anything in liberal politics anymore.

Secondly, it's also pretty weird that making bad predictions based on apparent speculation is amusing. But if you say so, I guess it's amusing to you.

Finally, you can keep claiming a good track record from the Palin pick, and predicting that the nominee would be the guy who was runner up last time around, but that's still an amazingly thin record. The Republicans perennially pick the 'runner up'. GHW Bush was the runner up to Reagan, Dole was the runner up to GHW Bush, McCain was the runner up to GW Bush, Romney was the runner up to McCain. It's hardly an amazing feat of prognostication to half-way select McCain given that he was the previous 2nd place finisher.

Predicting that Palin was the VP candidate for McCain sure strikes more of "broken clock" syndrome than the result of analysis or skill.

But I suppose if you want to be commended for making that smart prediction, you can collect you medal. Of course, you blew the entire DNC primary battle, start to finish. Every prediction you have made about Hillary Clinton has been wrong, again and again.

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 8:54 PM  

Honestly, if you believe I am leftist based on this conversation, you are completely lacking in reasoning. Understanding the fundamental tenets of objective reality does not make me a leftist.

You wouldn't know honesty and reality if they gang-banged you for a week. My claims about you are based on much more than this single conversation, you dipwad. This is not the first comment you've ever made on this blog.

VD didn't provide any analysis. It's apparently just a low-brow game he likes to play, or something. All he did was breathlessly repeat and excerpt another fabulists story.

If he did, what of it? He can repeat anything he likes on his blog - your breathless claims notwithstanding. And the fact that Vox has far more readers than you could ever get, your criticisms about the substance of this post comes down to you being just another one of his anklebiters - as I said earlier.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 8:59 PM  

> In this case, anonymous/unsourced is fine;

I guess we disagree on that. The people pushing these theories are screwing their low-information readers.

There is an entire class of right-wing media loon jobs who literally lie to their readers & followers every chance they get, in order to scare them, in order to extort from them. It's really sick. Michelle Maklin - check. Ann Coulter - check. Glenn Beck - check. Jonah Goldberg - check. Half the losers at the NR Corner (which VD wisely unlinked) - check. Matt Druge - check. Andrew Breitbart - check.

These people don't believe the shit their writing. Nobody on the right with a brain actually thinks that Obama was going to replace Biden. It's all a way to (a) make money (screaming headlines, clicks, traffic, buzz are mean money) from their idiot readers (b) and advance an agenda.

I actually accept that VD isn't in it for this reason, he finds it's amusing or rewarding for whatever reasons. But the people he's linked to are not in it for any other reason than to bilk their low-brow paranoid readers into buying the next book probably titled "Biden: How the Village Idiot Exorted Obama Into Giving Him the 2nd Most Powerful Job on the Planet". I am sure it will revolve around birth certificates, or socialist parents, or gay down-low escapades. And I am sure it will be available for the low, low price of $19.99, or whatever price point they determined works best for paranoid nut jobs.

Glenn Beck, Matt Drudge and Andrew Breitbart are best case examples of this operation their is. Take something true, find other related things, inject sinister overtones, and dose liberally with lots and lots and lots of stuff that's made up. That's how you get stories like this: "Biden-Blocking Baker Thanked by Secret Service" that buzz around the internet based on this quote from a small town newspaper:

"Here's the back story, we’re told that shortly after Crumb and Get It told Biden’s advance people 'no' -- the secret service walked in and told Chris McMurray ''Thanks for standing up and saying 'no' -- then they bought a whole bunch of cookies and cupcakes."

They put quotes in the mouths of secret service agents that are unidentified, related by an unknown 3rd party. It's _all_ based on what is most probably a lie.

It's not harmless.

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 9:06 PM  

This makes no sense. For one, it's hard to swallow because you post often about any conspiracy theory that possibly involves Sec. Clinton. It's really weird. Maybe its' some fixation on the Clintons. Maybe you can't accept the fact that they don't really run much of anything in liberal politics anymore.

For someone who just claimed to understand reality, then go on to defend that commie cunt liar, Hillary I-was-named-after-Edmund Clinton, as some mostly powerless public servant just going about her job, you prove that you're either hopelessly delusional or stupid. Reality is not even an occasional guest in your world, must less occupy it.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 9:10 PM  

> My claims about you are based on much more than
> this single conversation, you dipwad. This is
> not the first comment you've ever made on this
> blog.
Agreed, I've posted here a long time - years. It's pretty funny that you seem to find this tipping point in making me a leftist.

I note you of course can't bear to deal with the objective fact that this entire silly theory is based on not one single named source. So on the one hand you have nothing - literally made up stories with no verifiable facts - and on the other hand you the tedious momentum of reality. Colorfully written banging's aside, it's not going to happen.

Last, I don't think you could find anywhere where I am saying that VD "can't" publish whatever he wants. I come here to read his writings.

I ignore a great deal of what he writes, because it's uninteresting to me.

It is certainly interesting that VD doesn't actually care about politics and predictions thereof. It's odd because he writes an explicitly political column, he often writes about American politics, and he seems to follow the major races as intently as any very interested blogger.

I'll be open about the fact that if he's not taking it seriously, I probably won't take his posts at face value, and few will probably interest me enough to respond to. So in that respect, I guess I am an anklebiter.

If he's not making a serious effort at analysis than this really is just anklebiting...

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 9:21 PM  

Agreed, I've posted here a long time - years. It's pretty funny that you seem to find this tipping point in making me a leftist.

What kind of retard are you? Like everything else you've written here, it's all apparently just inside your little leftist head. Prove exactly how it is that you've read my mind and know that your comments on this post are the tipping point. Again, I will spell out reality for you. Your comments here only continue to confirm my impressions of you being a leftist. I can smell a filthy leftie from a long way away, and it doesn't take many comments to know that someone is one.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 9:22 PM  

> Hillary I-was-named-after-Edmund Clinton, as
> some mostly powerless public servant just going
> about her job, you prove that you're either
> hopelessly delusional or stupid. R

Sadly I disagree. The Clintons do not control the DNC anymore. It's 100% Obama people. That's how it works - the titular head of the party put's his people into the levers of power. The entire DNC is 100% loyal to Obama, end of story.

Clinton is not a harmless public servant. I said no such thing. That is a disconnected from reality lie.

What I said is that the Clinton's don't control much of anything in liberal politics. And they don't. Because they lost. Hillary lost in 2008, and all of her and her husbands people got swept from the DNC.

Examples:

The national chair: Wasserman-Shultz. Feminist-gas bag, in the tank for Obama. Switched her endorsement after Clinton was down.

Vice Chairs: Donna Brazille - in the tank for Obama (she's a sister), also she's a rapid anti-Clintonite.

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 9:32 PM  

Clinton is not a harmless public servant. I said no such thing. That is a disconnected from reality lie.

Yikes, you can't read either. I said Clinton's not a powerless public servant. Harmless is nowhere to be found in my comment. Clinton is biding her time. Like the experienced snake she is, she is waiting for the best opportunity to strike. Do you not think she knows better than you, and exactly who is and who isn't loyal to her faction of the party?

Hillary has not put her ambitions aside simply because some nigger happens to be the current flavor of the month at the DNC.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 10:01 PM  

>she is waiting for the best opportunity to strike

Proof that you are living in fantasy land. She isn't waiting. That's like saying a 2nd string quarterback is waiting for the perfect time to showcase his talent.

Clinton isn't waiting for anything. She is 2nd string BECAUSE SHE LOST.

Whatever happens in the future is the future, however, right now, she is virtually powerless within the world of liberal politics. Sure, she *might* make a comeback, sure she *may* run in 2016 - all possible.

But she has no power until after the 2012 election is over. Win or lose, that's when Obama's power within the party will start to wane.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 10:02 PM  

> and know that your comments on this post are the tipping point.

Fact: You never said anything about it today.

Anonymous dh August 17, 2012 10:06 PM  

Suomynona, honestly it's a little bit mystifying that pointing out reality is somehow apologizing for, supporting, etc whatever fun-loving titles you attach to various public figures.

This isn't zero sum. Criticizing a scummy article in a scummy newspaper written with no basis in fact or reality isn't the same as saying I think Clinton or Obama or anyone is some swell great public servant.

Hopefully you can understand that. I have to think on VD's position that his political analysis is not a serious focus, but I don't have to think on the fact that the right-wing media niche has carved out a paranoid, crass, money-making operation that intimates but never explicitly says things that have no problem saying.

It's not shocking, it's just crass.

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 10:28 PM  

Proof that you are living in fantasy land. She isn't waiting. That's like saying a 2nd string quarterback is waiting for the perfect time to showcase his talent.

You don't think she was at the top echelons of power when Clinton was POTUS? Your 2nd string quarterback analogy is wrong. She attempting to regain that power, not get something she's never had

Clinton isn't waiting for anything. She is 2nd string BECAUSE SHE LOST.

You obviously don't know the mind of a lifelong politician whose entire identity revolves around her political career. This ambitious, power-hungry parasitic old hag has nothing else in this world except politics.

But she has no power until after the 2012 election is over. Win or lose, that's when Obama's power within the party will start to wane.

Does, "the best opportunity to strike" ring a bell?

Fact: You never said anything about it today.

If you meant that I never said anything about it before today, I'll have to take your word for it because I don't keep track of what all I've said to whom. Even so, at most that only proves you don't have access to my thoughts. What difference does it make anyway? I'm sure that I'm as insignificant to you as you are to me.

Anonymous Suomynona August 17, 2012 10:33 PM  

honestly it's a little bit mystifying that pointing out reality is somehow apologizing for, supporting, etc whatever fun-loving titles you attach to various public figures.

You haven't been pointing out reality, you've been making your own conclusions, then calling it reality. This is not the same thing.

Anonymous The other skeptic August 17, 2012 10:41 PM  

People can't figure out why African American females have a high rate of STDs

Any clues?

Anonymous The OASF August 17, 2012 11:36 PM  

Vox... that little political athlete in you has been eating too many potato chips and drinking too much tap water.

This is a play bordering on hubris, not lack of faith in Barry Sorterotor Sorbakaha. Dem party elders are already plotting the end game scenario of the GOP in 2016 when even Die-bold will throw in the towel on saving them.

And not soon enough shall it come.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 12:42 AM  

So. That means you're voting for Romney/Ryan, OASF?

Anonymous The OASF August 18, 2012 1:13 AM  

Clay... the GOP can never match the amusement factor of circa 2008, their last great attribute... from the "We're all South Ossetians now!!!!" T-shirts, or whatever, to suspending campaigns to save the banksters and wall street to Palin interviewed while still-living animals were shredded in the background... and that ridiculous McCrazy nomination ceremony in which I had to hit the Red Stag really REALLY hard to McCrazy's "victory" party at some redneck bar somewhere highlighting a drunk passed out on the bartop apparently urinating himself...

That kind of quality shall not be matched, sir. So, short answer... No.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 1:28 AM  

I understand, OASF.

But. I will vote, and it won't be for that nigger/Islamistit/Communist Obama.

Anyway, I don't plan to even live in the "US" by this time, regardless.

Anonymous Idle Spectator, Animal Rights Activist August 18, 2012 1:31 AM  

Rebecca Carey, Georgia Student, Killed By Dogs She Rescued

"The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote that she had five dogs with her at the time she was found dead in her home -- two pit bulls, a boxer mix and two Presas. They were euthanized."

I can't help but think of the Onion piece, "Should animals be doing more for animal rights?" Why is it always women who collect too many animals? Are they like dolls to them? Please don't chime in with some anecdote "Well I know this ONE guy who had 50 poodles / 27 goldfish / 102 cats." It's always a crazy cat lady.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 2:03 AM  

HEY! A damn cat didn't kill her. I have all the testostorone you need. But. I still like cats. You can train them, if you know what you're doing.

I could go on for days about this, but I have a Rescue cat named Pickles, who was muching on a hog, long before I walked the 125 yd. distance. She was sitting in the stand with me.

She didn't want to eat it....just chew.

BTW. There is a special way to get cat's used to guns. It takes a while.

Blogger Earl August 18, 2012 2:31 AM  

Why in the hell would you need to desensitize a cat to gunfire? On a related note: How soon are you leaving the country?

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 18, 2012 4:01 AM  

but I have a Rescue cat named Pickles

Do you enjoy pickles?

Anonymous tiredofitall August 18, 2012 5:15 AM  

"Why is it always women who collect too many animals?" - Idle Spectator, Animal Rights Activist

Two words: biological clock.

Anonymous 1966 Aborted Generation August 18, 2012 5:17 AM  

BLUF: Hillary needs to retire after the Arab Spring as that disaster will go down like the Turkish F4 recon flight over Syria. Mittens is looking strong. Just make Ron Paul the SEC of the Treasury and pay me some interest before all my money ends up in BDO accounts. 1 and done, 1 hit wonder, whatever you want just end this disastrous liberal response to Bush 2. Looking forward to Batangas and the Phils over 4 more years of this. I am Gaulting overseas to sit this one out if the O wins. Not worth my time to work in this environment. Conclusion bring back the draft so no more 10 plus year wars! AVERAGE AMERICAN NO SKIN IN THE GAME. Arab spring = Christian genocide! Only thing more immoral is the 50 million plus aborted boomer babies replaced by illegals. Boomers sorry, no pension funds left after ZIRP. No babies to run the farm means no hands to do the work = no retirement for you!

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 9:04 AM  

Earl, my cat likes to ride, and when she rides with me, guns might possibly part of the "trip". I hope to move South by next tax day.

Idle Spectator, I LOVE pickles, and olives, et al. People at my company will bring me a jar of pickles for my birthday.

The cat has green eyes...like a pickle.

Anonymous The OASF August 18, 2012 9:13 AM  

"Anyway, I don't plan to even live in the "US" by this time, regardless."

Good for you. If you have found any reliable resources (preferably online) that can show a managed and practical way out, I think we'd all like to know.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 9:24 AM  

Oh. And kiss my ass, all you cat haters.

Read gas meters for a year, get in hand to hand combat/feet/mace/glass Pepsi bottles/ with them dogs who wait for a man in a uniform to jump the fence, and you might feel the same.

Loooong time ago, but it set.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 9:26 AM  

Look at Roatan Island, OASF.

Anonymous The OASF August 18, 2012 9:32 AM  

Any career opportunities down there?

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 9:40 AM  

Shipping Industry, .......ice-making...you'll have to do your own reseach from here.

LUCKILY, I know a guy who lives there.

Last time I looked.....1 USD = 19.50 Honduras Lempiras.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 9:44 AM  

ENGLISH is the main languge too!

Anonymous The OASF August 18, 2012 9:46 AM  

Yeah... I'll look into it. Thanks.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 10:03 AM  

Hurricanes are rare. Hell I live in Mississipi, about 200 miles from the Coast. But the bitch Katrina still took all the shingles off the roof, and made my bedroom ceiling fall on me in bed, and scared the shit out of me. I lived thru Camille ,too, but she didn't hit us with much force.

Last hurricane to hit Roatan, was Mitch, in 1999.

I plan on living on the west side, and there are four ferryes a day to mainlan Honduras.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 10:05 AM  

Terrible typing.

Anonymous Stickwick August 18, 2012 10:29 AM  

Why is it always women who collect too many animals?

It's simple. In general, women are more prone to mental health problems than men and also have a greater need to be part of a social / familial group. Find a woman who is lonely, has a difficult time relating to people, and she'll probably have a collection of animals.

Anonymous Clay August 18, 2012 10:45 AM  

So. If I'm a guy, who whops Pickles upside the head, I'm OK?

Anonymous E. PERLINE August 18, 2012 12:36 PM  

Biden's gaffs are a bit amusing but they don't warrant our delighted "gotchas" when we conservatives hear one. Biden also happens to be a liberal, and his liberalism should be fair game for critiques. But then, all liberals are fair game for critiques. They are, like that one poor guy on "The Five" of the Fox TV show, left with nothing to stem the citical tide with.

By the same token VD has the guts to make predictions and is criticized if they aren't accurate. Take it from an atheist, only God can make accurate predictions and God doesn't exist.

When I was taking lessons in classical guitar, I told the teacher, "At least I'm not making mistakes." He said that what counts is what happenss between the mistakes."

Anonymous Gx1080 August 18, 2012 1:16 PM  

On this salesmen "competition", the Ryan pick gave momentum to the GOP and, more importantly, it allows them to set the frame. If they focus the debate on Healthcare, they just have to sell the Ryan budget (with Ryan's charisma) and they are set.

(Ironically, the Dems were actually ok with most of the Ryan budget back on 2010. This "election" is as legit as an election of the Soviets)

Being pro-Gay and pro-illegal aliens doesn't win votes from, you know, most people outside the leftie elite bubble. It has been already proven. So, uh, yeah.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 18, 2012 4:15 PM  

Idle Spectator, I LOVE pickles

I bet you do.


That question was a trap.

Anonymous Stilicho August 19, 2012 7:18 PM  

Clay, I have a good friend who lives there. Ex-pat jarhead. If you do make the move, let me know and I'll put you in touch. You two would get along fine.

Anonymous Locklizard August 23, 2012 4:51 AM  

Thank. It makes me feel great when I read all these stories. It helps me from hopelessness and make me more stronger to fly… thank… for everything.

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts