ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2014 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, August 13, 2012

WND column

Ryan is a RINO

Many Republicans are understandably pleased by Mitt Romney’s selection of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as a running mate. Unlike Marco Rubio, Ryan is a natural-born American citizen and actually eligible for the office. Unlike Tim Pawlenty, he is not a spineless coward with all the charisma of fat-free vanilla yogurt. And unlike Robert Portman, he is not a member of the extended Bush family. He is intelligent. And unlike the current presidential administration, he’s capable of actually putting a budget together, which is a talent that should not go unremarked considering that the country has been operating without one for more than three years now.

Thanks to Slurtebrautfust for the list of Ryan votes. And there was one more well worth noting: YES to Budget Control Act of 2011 that raised the debt ceiling.

Labels: ,

107 Comments:

Blogger Heuristics August 13, 2012 3:37 AM  

(disclamer, I know little of US politics, i'm not even from there)

He does appear to be a Thomist though, thats nice.

http://thomistica.net/news/2012/8/13/give-me-thomas-aquinas.html

Blogger LP 999/Eliza August 13, 2012 4:54 AM  

Bottom line, pro-bank=fail. Did anyone recall if Ryan spoke against the NDAA? Didn't think so.

Anonymous scoobius dubious August 13, 2012 5:24 AM  

h/t http://oldatlanticlighthouse.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/gop-true-believers-medicare-ss-are-welfare-for-elderly/

Worth a read. Some highlights:

"Paul Ryan pushes Medicare to age 75. Romney fires you at age 45 and replaces you with a young immigrant H-1b or green card. GOP true believers actually support this as work.

Why not announce it in New Delhi? Set up a card table to staple green cards of foreign tech degrees.

Ryan and Romney will leave a gap between a later age for Medicare or lower benefits and bringing in H-1b and green card stapling to replace workers in their 40s and 50s in peak earning years. That hits many professions including middle management, computer programmers, nurses, engineers, etc.

What you get is Mitt replacing you out, or someone in your extended family. No one in your extended family is a computer programmer, nurse, pharmacist, engineer, teacher or middle manager?

So if a person is in their 40s or 50s, house value below remaining mortgage balance, kids in college, and have not saved for retirement, they are to be fired from their peak earning job and replaced with a young immigrant green card or H-1b is the Romney plan.

The Adelsons, Bloombergs, Bill Gates, Buffets, Hedge Funds, Silicon Valley, Stanford Inc, Goldman Sachs, Bains, Romneys, etc. don’t want to pay for their workers to have underwater mortgages, kids in college and save for their retirement. They want them fired and replaced with young immigrants. That is what they will get. Plus the billionaire club doesn’t have to pay for Medicare or Social Security at full rate.

This is acceptable for them to say, but race realism is not?"

***

Now that R/R have come forward and said This is the Ticket, they now need to be held to the fire on immigration and its implications for the economy and the society which they allege they want to fix.

Romney's vapid slogan is "Believe in America" -- well, which meaning of the word "America" does he want us to believe in? Is America a nation? Are the American People in fact a people? Is his "America" just an empty word which can just as easily be filled up with roaming random Asians and and Latinos and Subcons, as by the actual historical people whose families personally built it, tended it, fought for it, died for it? Is Romney's "America" a hotel lobby, an airport terminal, a flophouse, a parking lot? Or is it an actual country, filled with actual countrymen, who are different from, and more precious to us than, some wandering caravan of migrants in the South China Sea?

Ask these two guys these questions. Ask them loud. Ask them insistently. And don't let go of their greasy lapels until they give you an honest answer.

Anonymous Weak August 13, 2012 5:31 AM  

But is Ryan bad? That is the question.

Anonymous scoobius dubious August 13, 2012 5:54 AM  

"That focus on the middle class has been here since the beginning," says Romney adviser Kevin Madden."

How can there be an honest focus on the middle class without a strident, militant, full-bore anti-immigration policy? Ask them that.

Are they stupid, or are they lying? Ask them that, too.

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 6:20 AM  

"That focus on the middle class has been here since the beginning," says Romney adviser Kevin Madden."

Of course, the focus continues to be on transferring the wealth of the middle class. It's like that bank robber from the 20's or 30's who, when asked why he robbed banks, replied: Because that's where the money is.

Anonymous Bob Ramar August 13, 2012 6:34 AM  

Great! We will just call it the 'R^3' (R Cubed) ticket! Rhinos Romney & Ryan.

Anybody else have something catchier?

Blogger Positive Dennis August 13, 2012 6:37 AM  

I think that Ryan's support of tarp is understandable. People were afraid. Part D Medicare, on the other hand, ...

Anonymous Rantor August 13, 2012 6:44 AM  

@ Scoobius, nah, they are just believers in Free Trade and Gary North...

Great column, simple, like farting lowdly at a dinner party.

I was at the CPAC hotel this year to see the movie Run Away Slave, about how the Democratic Party is the new plantation owner. When I left to go home, Ryan was in the ballroom speaking, I went by a monitor where people were watching him and rhetorically asked why this big-government liberal was invited. They looked at me like I was an alien.

THanks for the column and a great day to all the Ilk

Blogger Joshua_D August 13, 2012 8:12 AM  

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Of course, I'm seeing R/R photos posted by my friends and family who are excited about "Romney/Ryan!" Ugh ...

Blogger Morrison August 13, 2012 8:14 AM  

Ryan has long been a follower of the Evangelical Atheist Ayn Rand.

Who ya all kidding?

Anonymous JartStar August 13, 2012 8:22 AM  

Do the American people want someone who they believe will try to get the budget under control (regardless of his actual ability to do so), or go for the most entitlements possible with Obama?

I really don't know if there are enough people that even want to try anymore. Certainly the Boomers will sell their first born (their first conceived was already murdered in womb) for their SS and Medicare.

Anonymous Negative Joel August 13, 2012 8:22 AM  

"I think that Ryan's support of tarp is understandable."

I think the New Deal is understandable. People were afraid.
I think the Iraq war is understandable. People were afraid.
I think the Patriot Act is understandable. People were afraid.
I think the TSA is understandable. People were afraid.
I think suspension of the 2nd Amendment in New Orleans following hurricane Katrina is understandable. People were afraid.

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” - Benjamin Franklin

Anonymous VD August 13, 2012 8:32 AM  

I think that Ryan's support of tarp is understandable. People were afraid.

Oh, well, that makes it okay then. Being afraid doesn't make him a fool incapable of understanding the obvious consequences of supporting TARP at all.

Anonymous Ghost of Tomoyuki Yamashita August 13, 2012 8:43 AM  

[An apparent hologram materializes and speaks]

I am from your past, your history. Who I am is not as important, as my message to you. I will be blunt here. This dilemma is beyond [your] Romney/Ryan vs. Obama/Whoever. Beyond [your] "R" vs. "D." It could well be beyond a 3rd party remedy, depending upon that party's complete focus and perspective.

You speak of liberty. The man, de Tocqueville essentially stated that nations with "secrets," (govt. vs. the people) cannot expect ultimate liberty. Until this nation decides (and executes) full discovery of the events of 9/11, you will remain in darkness, regardless of who your govt. leadership is composed of.

It is quite possible, that the 9/11 event (motive) was a simple cover operation for a gold heist. A treasure meant to finance perpetual war around the globe, for the unseen future. A war, a battleground, that includes each and everyone's own little and literal front and backyard.

I now ask you this. What now, do you intend to do about it?

Anonymous E. PERLINE August 13, 2012 8:56 AM  

It seems as if the Ryan nomination was a signal for the liberal artillery to open up. Even Here.

Anonymous Ghost of Kashii Kojima or Kojima Kashii (it doesn't seem to matter) August 13, 2012 8:59 AM  

Golden Lily: How the CIA Funded a Covert Empire

Just like the current Chief Executive, and his Sec. of State, your Romney/Ryan may as well be CIA too...

Anonymous harry12 August 13, 2012 9:00 AM  

E. PERLINE August 13, 2012 8:56 AM It seems as if the Ryan nomination was a signal for the liberal artillery to open up. Even Here.

Another Second Amendment denier?

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 9:01 AM  

It is very clear that Captain Underoos needed a sidekick. The Green Hornet has Kato, Batman has Robin, even the Green Lantern has a faaahhhbulous ring. And now, Captain Underoos has...Jughead? Wait a minute...

Blogger Vox August 13, 2012 9:01 AM  

It seems as if the Ryan nomination was a signal for the liberal artillery to open up.

What part of "Ryan is not a conservative" do you not understand? But by all means, stick to the idiot Blue vs Red theme if you like. I, myself, don't deal in children's politics. If that's your style, I'm sure National Review will have some excellent pieces on how those dastardly evil liberals are unfairly lying about the white shining handsome conservative knight, Paul Ryan.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 9:05 AM  

This is precisely the reasoning that Keynes used to justify his support for massive government intervention in the economy in the 1930s. Like Ryan, he recommended a big government in order to prevent an even bigger government, and unwittingly provided the basis for a much larger government than he had ever envisioned. What Ryan fails to recognize is that the doubling of U.S. federal debt that he has supported did not prevent a depression; it merely mitigated its obvious effects for four years while ensuring that the deflationary spiral will be all the more vicious when the spending finally slows.

Alright. In that case I'd ask: is Ryan capable of understanding it? And if he did, would we have good reason to believe he'd take the right lesson from learning as much?

Maybe the answer to both questions is "no", or "no" to one of them. But if the answer is "yes" to both, then that seems like some reason to consider support the ticket he's on.

Anonymous dB August 13, 2012 9:12 AM  

I am sure that rush limbaugh will be on the radio today stating what a great thing this is. The liberals we be put in their place and the country will now be all fixed. Sarcasm off.

Anonymous Rantor August 13, 2012 9:17 AM  

@ Vox, you are right, Ryan is not a COnservative... but if you saw any of the Democrat talking heads over the weekend, you'd think he was a right wing monster. We are stuck with the left and the more-left, and they hate each other because they all want the majority of the wealth. The Dems are squealing because Goldman Sachs and many others decided that RR was a better bet than OB.

Anonymous Rantor August 13, 2012 9:19 AM  

and that is it, the Republicans are being RR'd: railroaded by these statist politicians.

Anonymous Faust August 13, 2012 9:28 AM  

Are there any republicans who AREN'T RINOs?

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 9:32 AM  

Alright. In that case I'd ask: is Ryan capable of understanding it? And if he did, would we have good reason to believe he'd take the right lesson from learning as much?

Ryan has already demonstrated by his voting record that he either does not understand, or he understands and simply does not care. There is simply no valid reason to support the ticket he is on unless you want more of the same statist, big government, banksteresque nonsense shoved down your throat for the next four years.

Anonymous stg58 August 13, 2012 9:56 AM  

The idiots are out in force today on the Facebook WND page.

A sampling:

"More leftist BS"

"Quoting a voting record is childish and foolish"

"Vox, you are an overeducated year"

"WND has gone liberal. Time to dump them"

Reminds me of people running towards a cliff with their fingers in their ears.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 9:59 AM  

Ryan has already demonstrated by his voting record that he either does not understand, or he understands and simply does not care.

Why? Because he's been encountering the arguments and rejecting them?

In the case of Obama and Biden, I don't think they're capable of understanding or caring. In the case of Romney and Ryan, I'm tempted to think they can understand (that's what I'm asking with regards to Ryan), and wondering if they'd care. Vox seems to endorse the 'understanding' part of the equation - in which case it's a matter of hoping you can get the concept through to him, and that he'd care.

There is simply no valid reason to support the ticket he is on unless you want more of the same statist, big government, banksteresque nonsense shoved down your throat for the next four years.

Yeah, I'm not aware I had a choice in that matter. Who am I going to support? Ron Paul? I was under the impression Paul flipped to the pro-immigration side of libertarianism. Vox has already shown how clueless the Libertarian party is. Who else is a viable choice? And it doesn't even have to be "they'll win" viable, just "supporting their third-party candidacy or party will help build them for the future". But I'm not aware of any choices on even that marginal front. Maybe someone will tell me of one.

But if the completely is completely freaking weak, why shouldn't I support the least horrible candidate at this stage of the game? What will I lose, exactly? Give me an alternative and I may consider it, but if you tell me every choice I can make is bad, what's the harm in trying to figure out the least worse of them all?

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 10:00 AM  

Er, if the field is completely weak, that is.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 13, 2012 10:02 AM  

"Are there any republicans who AREN'T RINOs?"

Mostly no, so RINO should be retired as you face up to the fact that the whole Republican party is CIRO, conservative in rhetoric only. In fact they have been so for at least 20 years IMAO.

Anonymous Josh August 13, 2012 10:03 AM  

Vox, the column should have been titled "Ryan is Rong"

You clearly fail to understand the importance of good hair and 8% body fat. Ryan has both, although I think he's lying about his love of cheese and brats.

Blogger Vox August 13, 2012 10:04 AM  

is Ryan capable of understanding it? And if he did, would we have good reason to believe he'd take the right lesson from learning as much?

Yes. No. He already knows the score and yet continues to push solutions he knows will be totally useless.

why shouldn't I support the least horrible candidate at this stage of the game?

Because you are granting it legitimacy and contributing to the illusion. It's the same reason the Soviets and the Ba'athists forced everyone to vote in their sham elections.

Anonymous Chedddarman August 13, 2012 10:05 AM  

Republicans, with the exception of Ron Paul and perhaps a few others, are traitors of the worst kind.

sincerely,

Cheddarman

Anonymous Josh August 13, 2012 10:07 AM  

I was under the impression Paul flipped to the pro-immigration side of libertarianism. 

Um, no, you're either misinformed or an idiot.

Paul gets a bad grade from numbers USA because he opposes most of their proposed "solutions" (like real id) because they are unconstitutional.

Paul actually had the best platform on immigration and the border of all the candidates.

Anonymous Josh August 13, 2012 10:09 AM  

It's the same reason the Soviets and the Ba'athists forced everyone to vote in their sham elections.

That's just democracy in action, don't ya know?

Anonymous Feh August 13, 2012 10:32 AM  

"Unlike Marco Rubio, Ryan is a natural-born American citizen and actually eligible for the office."

Apparently the argument that Rubio is not a "natural-born American citizen" rests on the fact that his parents were not citizens when he was born in Miami.

That's BULLSHIT.

We will see, in our lifetimes, an American President who fits exactly that description. He will be a Democrat. The Democrats will laugh at anyone who says he is not eligible.

Blogger W.LindsayWheeler August 13, 2012 10:33 AM  

The Dutchman6 over at Sipsey Street Irregulars has this to say:

I am not pimping for Romney here, not at all. I despise the GOP leadership and their unprincipled and Constitutionally worthless candidate. I will not vote for him. The election of Romney will provide even more challenges to liberty, made harder to fight by the fact that the GOP -- if they retain the House and recapture the Senate -- will circle the wagons around "their" president.
I am merely warning here that civil war is probable with the re-election of an Obama administration "liberated" from any political constraints that have heretofore applied.
Got militia? (from here)


It seems that there is a lot of disgust for the GOP. Here is another person not voting. And from the post, there is a lot of disgruntled people about the Obamanation that are taking up arms. Along with Ann Barnhardt who wants a mustering point, I think they are blowing smoke. There will not be a revolution anywhere in America. There is no state or religious leadership. If a militia started, even the Governor of that state will sic the National Guard on them. In the War between the States, revolution was led by several state governments. Today?

When the war and survival is about race, and all local, state and federal employees are PeeCee, there is no way forward to conduct a counter-revolution.

If Mike Vanderboegh in his old age thinks he is going to conduct war against the power of our State and Fed Government, he is a fool. No one is conducting anything.

There is no leadership or authority anywhere. Disgruntled reactionaries scattered here or there are not going to cut it.

Anonymous Ceinwyn August 13, 2012 10:38 AM  

But say I decide not to vote to make the point to whoever and ofafa wins. Then what? Do you really think the repubs are going to wake up and send out a resurrected Reagan? That didn't work with McCain. I didn't vote for him either. Doom quickly. Or doom where I have time to get the hell out and find somewhere to go. I think I'll take the slower route.

Anonymous Ceinwyn August 13, 2012 10:40 AM  

But say I decide not to vote to make the point to whoever and ofafa wins. Then what? Do you really think the repubs are going to wake up and send out a resurrected Reagan? That didn't work with McCain. I didn't vote for him either. Doom quickly. Or doom where I have time to get the hell out and find somewhere to go. I think I'll take the slower route.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 10:45 AM  

Yes. No. He already knows the score and yet continues to push solutions he knows will be totally useless.

If you say so - you know this guy better than me, I'm sure.

Because you are granting it legitimacy and contributing to the illusion. It's the same reason the Soviets and the Ba'athists forced everyone to vote in their sham elections.

They also forced everyone to keep their mouths shut about how and why they were voting. How much legitimacy is granted when I point out that everyone in the race is incompetent at best and the selection process is a sham, but screw it, I'll throw my vote at Romney/Ryan in the desperate hope that it will improve things, and there's no other viable option anyway?

And really, what's the alternative again? What I've picked up from here is "The alternative is there is no alternative, because the entire system is going to collapse no matter what." In which case, what am I accomplishing by NOT voting other than getting some extra time to play Team Fortress 2 for a single night? Everything's doomed to collapse anyway and there's nothing productive I can do with my vote, and granting the process legitimacy doesn't mean anything.

Anonymous III August 13, 2012 10:47 AM  

Save AmeriKa! Get rid of the devil and vote for his demon!

Anonymous Feh August 13, 2012 10:47 AM  

I have little doubt that everyone reading this is exactly the type of person whom the Obama campaign is trying to demoralize into staying home on election day.

Anonymous III August 13, 2012 10:50 AM  

Do you really think the repubs are going to wake up and send out a resurrected Reagan?

Reagan was just one of many baby steps to where we are today. Remember Ollie North and COG?

Blogger Huggums August 13, 2012 10:57 AM  

Funny, but when are you going to switch off your "simple Wikipedia" writing style for WND articles?

Also, how exactly do you expect this election to go. I know you expect Mitt "The Gaffinator" Romney to win, yet it seems sure that Obama will clinch reelection so far.

Anonymous Huh? August 13, 2012 10:57 AM  

What inna hell did Ollie North have to do with the crazy expansion of the welfare state?

Anonymous paradox August 13, 2012 10:59 AM  

The commenter on the column: JBenning

Question of the day.....is the above article based on facts (didn't see very many)....


What an idiot neocon Romulan. Obviously didn't even read the part on Ryan's voting recorded.

Blogger Vox August 13, 2012 11:00 AM  

What I've picked up from here is "The alternative is there is no alternative, because the entire system is going to collapse no matter what." In which case, what am I accomplishing by NOT voting other than getting some extra time to play Team Fortress 2 for a single night?

What you are accomplishing is preserving your intellectual integrity. If you have none, then do whatever the hell you want. I don't write for the mindless and the corrupt. The fact that you had no better choice than the lesser of two evils doesn't wash the guilt from your hands should you decide to actively support it of your own free will.

I have little doubt that everyone reading this is exactly the type of person whom the Obama campaign is trying to demoralize into staying home on election day.

What part of "Romney will likely be worse than Obama" do you not understand? It makes no difference who wins the election. It's not going to make the ongoing depression one iota less severe. It's not going to make the coming collapse of the USA any less likely.

Blogger James Dixon August 13, 2012 11:00 AM  

> I have little doubt that everyone reading this is exactly the type of person whom the Obama campaign is trying to demoralize into staying home on election day.

Of the people who read this here, the majority will probably not vote and never intended to vote. The majority those that do vote will probably vote third party. The remaining minority of a minority will vote for Romney. At most a handful will vote for Obama.

Of those that read the WND column, the vast majority will vote for Romney. A small subset will vote third party. A very small percentage might vote for Obama.

Just looking at that. it sounds like Obama's demoralization efforts are being about as effective as his economic policies.

Anonymous rienzi August 13, 2012 11:03 AM  

Romney/Ryan vs Obama/Biden. Nothing more than professional wrestling for the right half of the IQ bell curve.

The only difference is that professional wrestlers give more entertaining speeches.

Anonymous kh123 August 13, 2012 11:03 AM  

Was going to say some of the comments over at WND were amusing - but there are some here that take the cake.

"I believe we were on the cusp of a chemical imbalance which would have created a Depression. I think that’s probably pretty likely. If we would have allowed that to happen, I think we would have had a big suicidal agenda sweeping through this country so fast that we wouldn’t have recovered from it. So in order to prevent a Depression and a complete evisceration of the Prozac/illusion of the happiness system we have, I used morphine instead of heroin*. I think it was necessary." -St Ryan; Book of Keynes, 8:44

*Some sources read: 9mm instead of a .44.

Blogger James Dixon August 13, 2012 11:04 AM  

> Also, how exactly do you expect this election to go. I know you expect Mitt "The Gaffinator" Romney to win, yet it seems sure that Obama will clinch reelection so far.

Follow the money. When 70% of Goldman Sachs' money goes to a candidate, you can be pretty sure the fix is in.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 11:10 AM  

What you are accomplishing is preserving your intellectual integrity. If you have none, then do whatever the hell you want.

Alright, then let's clarify something.

You had no problem encouraging people to vote for Ron Paul during the primary portion of this election cycle. So, what should I take from that? That it's okay to vote in primaries because they're not corrupt, but general elections are? Or that it's okay to legitimize a corrupt process, but only in the right situations?

Anonymous Orion August 13, 2012 11:11 AM  

Riddle me this: if Ryan is basically standard issue Republican conservative (or what the leadership label it as) is he truly a RINO? The Republican party has moved the goals enough that the party is RINO. Those that don't fit the new mold are marginalized like Ron Paul.

Anonymous paradox August 13, 2012 11:11 AM  

TonyBertram

WND is now officially the communist manifesto


lol... Vox is now a communist.

Anonymous Orion August 13, 2012 11:12 AM  

Oh, and the script was written with Kato as the sidekick but anyone who saw the show thought it was the other way around after an action sequence.

Anonymous alexamenos August 13, 2012 11:15 AM  

A semantic quibble....

Is it really fair to call a big-government, war-mongering, budget busting, open-borders, establishment tool a Republican in "Name Only".

If Republican is as Republican does, is he not quintessentially Republican?

I think the small-government, socially conservative types who vote Republican are not so much genuinely Republican as they are useful idiots.

Anonymous Feh August 13, 2012 11:26 AM  

What part of "Romney will likely be worse than Obama" do you not understand?

I understand you made the bald assertion, but I thought the supporting case for "worse" was untenable.

1. "instead of instinctively reacting in opposition to the lunatic proposals coming out of the White House (even if they usually end up caving in the end), Republicans in the House and Senate will be running interference for them"

If Romney wins, the Democrats (and their lackeys in the media) will oppose the lunatic proposals coming from the White House even more effectively than Republicans currently oppose Obama's lunatic proposals.

2. "Mitt Romney is a hard worker. Given the choice between two corrupt, anti-constitutional, authoritarian administrations, isn’t it obvious that the one run by the lazy golfer who does nothing in the Oval Office but watch ESPN is to be vastly preferred to the one headed by a guy who will burn the midnight oil working out new ways to crush American freedom?"

No, because under Willard the bureaucracy, which is largely run by liberals, will be obstructing and opposing him for the simple partisan reason that they want to see him fail.

In short,

Romney POTUS opposed by Congressional Democrats, the media, and the civil service > Obama POTUS opposed by Congressional Republicans BUT supported by the media and the civil service

Anonymous VD August 13, 2012 11:39 AM  

If Romney wins, the Democrats (and their lackeys in the media) will oppose the lunatic proposals coming from the White House even more effectively than Republicans currently oppose Obama's lunatic proposals.

Strike one. You're wrong. They'll support the lunatic ones. They'll oppose any sensible ones. See TARP.

Under Willard the bureaucracy, which is largely run by liberals, will be obstructing and opposing him for the simple partisan reason that they want to see him fail.

Strike two. The bureaucracy opposes all elected officials. They don't care about political success or failure, they care about their bureaucratic fiefdoms. Foggy Bottom in particular is notorious for not caring who the President and the Secretary of State are or what they want.

Liberal vs Conservative and Democrat vs Republican is for the grassroots children. It's a battle of all against all in the bureaucracy, even if they're all liberals.

Anonymous FrankBrady August 13, 2012 12:07 PM  

Many years ago Alan Simpson, then Wyoming's Republican Senator, said, "America has two political parties, the evil party and the stupid party. I belong to the stupid party." Simpson was right.

For so long as "good conservative" Americans and "good liberal" Americans continue to fall for the by-now absurd political binary meme (Republican vs. Democrat, Right vs. Left, Conservative vs. Liberal, Red State vs. Blue State), the respective wings of the criminal Washington Party will continue to steal, rob, and kill in the name of their respective blind and apparently unconscious constituencies.

Now Obama's waspish nastiness is easy to despise. The Democrat's penchant for pungent class warfare rhetoric is galvanizing. Unfortunately, the Left's malignant toxicity effectively blinds people who should know better to the facts of what it is that the Romney/Ryan ticket actually want to do and has done in the recent past. Someone recently wrote that in the Ryan budget, for example, the American people will get "slightly less socialism and a balanced budget in 2048." I would add to that the observation that they will almost certainly get, regardless of who "wins" in November, more war.

To continue to participate is to confer undeserved moral authority to these thugs. It is to convey the appearance of legitimacy to a process that has lost any right to claim it. It is time to make a statement. It is time to stay home.

Anonymous Rantor August 13, 2012 12:13 PM  

Just read Farah on Ryan... you two could be brothers today. Although we know Joe thinks better Republican than Democrat, he clearly wrote about Ryan's moderate, big government positions and doesn't like them.

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 12:20 PM  

Give me an alternative and I may consider it, but if you tell me every choice I can make is bad, what's the harm in trying to figure out the least worse of them all?

Close your political legs and quit being a cheap date. Until you do so and stop voting for the "least worse of them" the GOP will continue to give you liberal candidates like Mittens. As far as the GOP is concerned, conservative is the new black: you are there to be taken advantage of and your votes can be taken for granted because you have no place else to go. The solution is to opt out and ignore them or to vote for a write in candidate like Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan in order to send the GOP a message. They may not get the message or may ignore it, but if you have to do something, do that. Voting for more of the same because you have no meaningful choice ensures that you'll get more of the same.

Anonymous FrankBrady August 13, 2012 12:24 PM  

The conscious decision to acquiece to an evil because one believes that the evil cannot be defeated is the ultimate moral cowardice.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 13, 2012 12:30 PM  

" In which case, what am I accomplishing by NOT voting other than getting some extra time to play Team Fortress 2 for a single night?"

If I don't vote it won't be because I think it will accomplish fixing or helping anything, it just takes less effort than voting which also doesn't accomplish or fix anything, and I consider your playing Team Fortress a much more worthwhile pursuit of someones happiness.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 12:38 PM  

Close your political legs and quit being a cheap date.

Says the 90 year virgin still waiting for the right man to sweep her off her feet. Don't worry, sweetheart, he'll show up someday. Keep dusting that hymen off!

Until you do so and stop voting for the "least worse of them" the GOP will continue to give you liberal candidates like Mittens. As far as the GOP is concerned, conservative is the new black: you are there to be taken advantage of and your votes can be taken for granted because you have no place else to go.

Well, I don't have any other place to go. What, I should make believe I do? No one can even point me at a third party to vote for so far in this thread. The advice seems to end at "don't vote". Or better yet, "write in Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan".

By the way: if Pat Buchanan and/or Ron Paul endorse Romney, should I take that as a sign that I should vote for Romney/Ryan? I mean Ron Paul, at the end of the day, is a Republican. Apparently he rejects this whole "the Republicans are your enemy too!" line others are going off on here. Pat Buchanan actually went third party once - do you think he'll do so this time?

Or are you telling me to vote for guys are either possibly going to sacrifice their principles to support the party (Ron Paul) or who definitely are (Buchanan, unless Romney/Ryan starts going all in for war on Iran)?

Hey, how about Rand Paul? He's actually endorsed Romney from what I read. Should I regard him as a sellout to the political establishment and yank my support from him too?

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 12:54 PM  

Close your political legs and quit being a cheap date.

Says the 90 year virgin still waiting for the right man to sweep her off her feet. Don't worry, sweetheart, he'll show up someday. Keep dusting that hymen off!


That's the best you can do? Don't worry darling, I'm sure Willard will call in the morning. In the meantime, lie back and enjoy it.

Well, I don't have any other place to go.

Like I said, lie back and enjoy it. Massuh gonna do right by you any day now. Besides, plantation life ain't so bad, what with the singin' in dem fields and all.

By the way: if Pat Buchanan and/or Ron Paul endorse Romney, should I take that as a sign that I should vote for Romney/Ryan?

Quit being a tard. Vote for Thomas Jefferson or for Mickey freakin' Mouse. Write in the name of whomever represents your position. Of course, we know that your position is likely to be bent over Captain Underoos' kitchen table don't we? Don't worry though, house niggers have it better than field hands by all accounts.

Anonymous VD August 13, 2012 1:01 PM  

The conscious decision to acquiesce to an evil because one believes that the evil cannot be defeated is the ultimate moral cowardice.

Fine piece of work there, Mr. Brady. Fine, fine piece of work. You will be quoted.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 1:02 PM  

That's the best you can do? Don't worry darling, I'm sure Willard will call in the morning. In the meantime, lie back and enjoy it.

I don't take sex advice from virgins. ;)

Quit being a tard. Vote for Thomas Jefferson or for Mickey freakin' Mouse. Write in the name of whomever represents your position.

And there we have it. The beginning and end of your master plan: "I don't know! Just don't vote!" I mean, surely THAT is the proper avenue, right? Not voting, and uh. Waiting. For what, Christ Almighty to descend - and then, launch a PAC?

So much for voting for Buchanan (tainted! He's supporting Romney!) or Ron Paul (Heretic! He's a Republican! Part of the problem!) No, only vote for the ideologically pure - what a shock, no such option exists! I guess we better vote for no one, surely THAT will work.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 1:07 PM  

And you know what? I'm A-OK, completely OK, with saying "screw it, none of them deserve my vote" and not voting. But that cannot be the beginning and end of the advice or the action. There has to be something more - let's talk about what third parties are viable, let's talk about what should be done during the time leading up to the election. But holy hell, this "just don't vote and I don't know what the hell else to do" thing is just ridiculous, especially when it's done with posturing like it's some brilliant goddamn plan for the principled. If your plan is "do nothing at all", you're not principled, you're just clueless.

Anonymous VD August 13, 2012 1:09 PM  

I guess we better vote for no one, surely THAT will work.

Yes, put on the Ring and seize power. Then surely you can do good and .bring about righteous rule That should work well. After all, does not history show that a Republican White House, Supreme Court, House, and Senate ushered us into a golden age when George W. Bush was President?

I can't even cast any aspersions your way. Your genuine belief that Romney/Ryan could make any substantially positive difference is simply sad.

Anonymous Feh August 13, 2012 1:14 PM  

Strike one. You're wrong. They'll support the lunatic ones. They'll oppose any sensible ones. See TARP.

Nope. They will oppose lunacy coming from the White House if Romney proposes it simply because Romney proposes it.

Strike two. The bureaucracy opposes all elected officials.

You are wrong. The bureaucracy opposed Bush and facilitated Obama when they were doing exactly the same thing.

The conscious decision to acquiesce to an evil because one believes that the evil cannot be defeated is the ultimate moral cowardice.

Um, too bad "don't vote because it makes no difference" is exactly the same type of moral cowardice.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 1:17 PM  

Yes, put on the Ring and seize power.

Yeah, I don't picture voting as the equivalent of "putting on the One Ring". How dramatic. You know, for a brief time I considered voting for McCain/Palin - or, as you may call it, I once bonded my soul to that of Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living. But only for a moment!

I can't even cast any aspersions your way. Your genuine belief that Romney/Ryan could make any substantially positive difference is simply sad.

Where in the hell have I said anything close to "Romney/Ryan will make a substantial positive difference"? My problem here isn't the advice of "don't vote for Romney", it's the lack of direction beyond "don't vote". Not to mention this claim that voting is legitimizing the system which you should NEVER do - unless, you know, it's a primary challenge and Ron Paul is running. Then hey, vote away.

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 1:25 PM  

So much for voting for Buchanan (tainted! He's supporting Romney!) or Ron Paul (Heretic! He's a Republican! Part of the problem!) No, only vote for the ideologically pure - what a shock, no such option exists! I guess we better vote for no one, surely THAT will work.

Indeed, voting for no one would be better than voting for Romney. A vote for Romney says that you agree with his plan to continue Obama's policies. As for the rest, you are indeed a moron if you are incapable of understanding the "if you really have to do something, send a message" tactic. Just admit it, you're here to troll for Mittens, because if you were truly that stupid, you would have forgotten to breathe by now.

I don't take sex advice from virgins. ;)

Don't bother to wink son, I don't swing that way.

Anonymous Orville August 13, 2012 1:29 PM  

What part of "Romney will likely be worse than Obama" do you not understand? It makes no difference who wins the election. It's not going to make the ongoing depression one iota less severe. It's not going to make the coming collapse of the USA any less likely.

The collapse is already baked in. TPTB are just rearranging the deck chairs to be appealing to the doomed. The libtard populace is not the ones threatening revolt, its the so called conservatives. The conserviturds will be much more accepting of NDDA and COG coming from R/R than from Obamney.

Blogger Crude August 13, 2012 1:37 PM  

As for the rest, you are indeed a moron if you are incapable of understanding the "if you really have to do something, send a message" tactic.

Yeah, guess what? "Not voting" doesn't send a message other than "I didn't vote". Many, many people do not vote. They're not considered rebels, they're considered lazy. Now, not voting AND doing something else? That can send a message. Still waiting on the advice there. Actually, I'm not because I know it's not coming. "Don't vote and... that's it, I dunno, that'll fix things!" is the master strategy for you. You honest to God haven't thought past that.

Just admit it, you're here to troll for Mittens, because if you were truly that stupid, you would have forgotten to breathe by now.

Yeah, what with all my endorsements and defenses of how Romney/Ryan is so great and... oops, wait, didn't do that at all. I've just been waiting for advice beyond "don't vote", but I've waited in vain. You don't have a clue what to do beyond that. Not voting is supposed to solve everything!

Don't bother to wink son, I don't swing that way.

He said in a deep voice, wearing his black leather biker outfit and neatly trimmed moustache. ;)

Blogger Joshua_D August 13, 2012 1:51 PM  

Crude August 13, 2012 1:37 PM <--- INFILTRATOR!

So, you're saying the Don't Vote For Evil advice isn't good because we don't have a central plan laid out for the next 20 years?

I mean, you think that

Step 1. Vote for evil.
Step 2. Watch evil continue to steal from Americans
Step 3. Complain until the next most important election ever!

is more sensible than

Step 1. Don't vote for evil.
Step 2. Let's see what happens. .............?


Right.

Oh no, oh no, no no no! I can't stop taking the poison, because you haven't told me what I'll do after! What comes next? WHAT DO I DO AFTER I STOP DRINKING POISON?!? WHAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!

Anonymous FrankBrady August 13, 2012 1:56 PM  

Thank you Vox.

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 1:58 PM  

Not voting is supposed to solve everything!

You asked what your options were and you were told. Not my problem that you don't like the answer. In fact, your discomfort with the truth is rather amusing. Your inability to accept the fact that collapse is coming regardless of the outcome of this election is rather common.

I've just been waiting for advice beyond "don't vote", but I've waited in vain.

Again, not my problem. Besides, you are not looking for advice, you are looking for absolution for what you are about to do in November. Look elsewhere.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 13, 2012 2:05 PM  

Patrick Kelly:
"Are there any republicans who AREN'T RINOs?"

Mostly no, so RINO should be retired as you face up to the fact that the whole Republican party is CIRO, conservative in rhetoric only. In fact they have been so for at least 20 years IMAO.


Nice to see some of the ilk are getting it. The Republican party's chief purpose and objectives are to a) deflect money, time, and political energy from those who are opposed to the agenda of the Babylonian vampire-squid overlords by offering a bogus opposition party which promises a reversal or opposition to the ongoing long march towards the shiny turn-key totalitarianism; b) conserve the advances made towards said objective by their nominal opponents who wear the D-jerseys.

There's hardly a better illustration of this than Paul Ryan and the Repuke congress of which he is a prominent member. Two years ago, the grassroots opposition tea party folks bought into the standard Repuke flim-flam about how they would oppose two items passed by the Mocha Messiah and the Pelosi-Reid axis: Obamacare and increased spending. They have completely folded on both issues. The Repuke house could have refused to fund Obamacare's implementation. They could have impeached Federal judges and Eric Holder (instead of passing a toothless contempt resolution) - even if there would have been no convictions in the Senate. They could have refused to raise the debt limit - stopping the spending party. Instead, they have rolled over and given D'Won on d'downlow his entire agenda - conserving the gains made by their D-jersey teammates. Why is it so terribly difficult for some to see what is plainly obvious from the last few decades of hsitory: There is no opposition political party in a position to actually oppose, thwart, or even slow down the march towards a Soviet-style totalitarian polity.

Anonymous VD August 13, 2012 2:19 PM  

Nope. They will oppose lunacy coming from the White House if Romney proposes it simply because Romney proposes it.

Sure, just like all the Democrats opposed TARP and the bank bailouts because Bush proposed them. You're a rank amateur.

You are wrong. The bureaucracy opposed Bush and facilitated Obama when they were doing exactly the same thing.

Right. They didn't permit a single bank bailout or invasion of a foreign country while Bush was in office.

Um, too bad "don't vote because it makes no difference" is exactly the same type of moral cowardice.

It's not the same thing at all. One is acquiescing to evil, the other is refusing to acquiesce to it. You are clearly too short for this ride.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 13, 2012 2:31 PM  

Orion:
Riddle me this: if Ryan is basically standard issue Republican conservative (or what the leadership label it as) is he truly a RINO? The Republican party has moved the goals enough that the party is RINO. Those that don't fit the new mold are marginalized like Ron Paul.

No riddle about it. That's what has happened. Arlen Spector even boasted of the fact shortly before donning the D-jersey. All those in the Repuke party who actually oppose the totalitarian agenda have been marginalized like Ron Paul. The whole tea-party debacle of the last two years is very illustrative of how they operate. Capt. Underoos was selected in advance by a central committee, the "conservative" division of the Ministry of Truth (Limbaugh, Hannity, Faux-News, etc.) was instructed to manipulate things in Mittens' favor so that sufficient numbers of the Repuke idiocracy would believe the lies and vote for him in the primaries along with Dems in open primaries (lessening the need for outright vote-rigging, which was still employed in places), plus funding bogus stalking-horse candidates (Perry, Gingrich, Cain, probably Bachmann) in order to dilute the vote of those smart enough to perceive the putrid stench of squid.

Anonymous FrankBrady August 13, 2012 2:37 PM  

Yeah, guess what? "Not voting" doesn't send a message other than "I didn't vote". Many, many people do not vote. They're not considered rebels, they're considered lazy. Now, not voting AND doing something else? That can send a message. Still waiting on the advice there. Actually, I'm not because I know it's not coming. "Don't vote and... that's it, I dunno, that'll fix things!" is the master strategy for you. You honest to God haven't thought past that.

The "message" you will send to the Washington establishment by voting for the Republican ticket is: "Please adjust the pace of your theft and killing to less conspicuous--but still lethal--levels."

My "master strategy" is to recognize an unpleasant reality, that the impending economic, social, and political disaster cannot be averted through electoral politics. The causative events have already transpired over the course of many decades. The demographic and economic forces in motion are too powerful and have developed too much momentum to be checked by government action,regardless of which party "wins" on November 6. In the near term, this means accepting individual responsibility for the safety and security of our families and, to the extent possible, organizing locally to maintain the safety and security of the immediate community. Beyond that, it means preparing to rebuild on the ashes of a collapsed and fragmented society.

Anonymous JartStar August 13, 2012 2:41 PM  

Vox,

Do you think that all men no matter how high their moral character have some evil intentions, particularly politicians?

If so, how could you ever vote for any of them, including Ron Paul? What if the politician doesn’t have evil motives, but either lacks the intelligence to understand an issue or makes logical errors like being for Free Trade? Would you acquiesce to 10% evil to achieve the 90% of good? Or only perfect candidates can get your vote? (Jesus)

Anonymous Suomynona August 13, 2012 2:45 PM  

I am merely warning here that civil war is probable with the re-election of an Obama administration "liberated" from any political constraints that have heretofore applied.

This is the same thing I opined a few months back. There are too many people who despise Obama and see him as their enemy. This makes the US very unstable, and unstable means unpredictable. If this Marxist nigger gets another 4 years, there's no telling what will happen. The TPTB know this. They're reeling in their giant fish, the USA, and now it's time to let out a little slack in the line. The last thing they want is for it to struggle so hard it will break the line and go free.

A severely unstable USA, with rioting and violence, would make the rest of the world very unstable, and unpredictable as well. These bastards are very patient. They will see their plans of a one world government come to fruition and the only way to do this is to secure one piece at a time.

The Republicans will win this election. By choosing Ryan, the ticket is the antithesis of Obama/Biden - exactly what the people want. Except Romney/Ryan will pull their stupid RINO tricks, pretending to hold conservative values while continuing the USA on its path to assimilation into the NWO.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 13, 2012 2:47 PM  

Crude:
Well, I don't have any other place to go. What, I should make believe I do? No one can even point me at a third party to vote for so far in this thread. The advice seems to end at "don't vote". Or better yet, "write in Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan".

The US Constitution Party is on the ballot in several states. Virgil Goode is their candidate as I recall. One can also write in the name of a person if you insist on playing in their absurd game. The "choices" being offered by the genocidal treasonous ruling oligarchs is very similar to Henry Ford's "choice" of color for the Model T.

Blogger Desert Cat August 13, 2012 2:48 PM  

It's a hard, bitter pill to swallow, but the truth is that we do not have any power to change the "big picture" plans of our overlords by voting.

It's hard. It's bitter.

It's the truth.

Once you wake up, you realize that "doing something about it" has never been within your power. What you can do about it extends to your personal life and to the lives of those close to you.

There. Now that your attention is focused where you *can* make a difference, what are you going to do about it?

If you are a Christ-follower, you may want to consider praying. Praying like your eternal destiny depends upon it. Because it likely does. The resurrected Fourth Beast is upon us, and we will need the fortification of prayer to stand for Christ in the moment that it matters.

If you are not a Christian, you may want to consider pooling all the resources you can muster with your like-minded friends and family and building that mountaintop retreat fortress that you are going to need to temporarily stave off the forces of tyranny that are steamrolling your way. Be sure to read some James Wesley, Rawles novels to help convince yourself that you could actually succeed.

You could do as Vox has done and move to a pre-collapsed society, learn the language, wear the shoes and try to blend in as a local when chaos ensues.

Or you could buy a Che Guevarra T-Shirt, a SEIU membership, a large tube of lube, and prepare to welcome your new satanic overlords when they reveal themselves.

Blogger LP 999/Eliza August 13, 2012 2:51 PM  

Not choosing Rubio gave legitimacy to the BC issue among more than one politician. So once again, Corsi is proven right...

Show me the politician who has a grasp on economics, fictional reserve banking, sinternational banking, the biz cycle and public policy. Oh, Ron Paul...

I am dreading the media digging up quotes from Rand for smears on Ryan. Look, chicks write crazy sh-t that few people take read let alone take seriously. And if his hero or intellectual fanship rests on someone like her it might suggest Ryan is a average intel guy with dangerous austerity power plays that vibrant ones ain't gonna follow (?).

I read Rand's work as a teen and thought, big deal. Didn't anyone else have that same response?


Anonymous Gen. Kong August 13, 2012 3:04 PM  

Orville: The collapse is already baked in. TPTB are just rearranging the deck chairs to be appealing to the doomed. The libtard populace is not the ones threatening revolt, its the so called conservatives. The conserviturds will be much more accepting of NDDA and COG coming from R/R than from Obamney.

Interesting point. It dovetails with my own point a in the post above. The Mocha Messiah and his minion Janet Snapping-Turtle-in-need-of-Facelift should be truly thankful for all the loyal Republicans in congress who handed them a big, bloated DHS-stasi force, the perversely-titled "Patriot" act, and the NDAA Murder, Inc. act. I remember the Repuke idiocracy screaming that anyone who questioned such totalitarianism was either a 'liberal-commie-faggot' or a 'closet Moose-Limb' at the time - pulled along by their fecal nose-rings (naturally) by super-dooper patriotic dual-citizens like Kristol, Perle, Wolfowitz and some of their real leftist-commie-faggot acolytes like the Palmetto Princess herself.

Anonymous Suomynona August 13, 2012 3:09 PM  

One may wonder, even find it incredible, that any group of men, over the span of several lifetimes, can have the knowledge and power to manipulate matters so successfully to their own ends - then one is reminded of who is at the top calling the shots.

Anonymous Good Will (aka The Mormon Hamster) August 13, 2012 4:18 PM  

I, too, was dismayed by many of Ryan's votes. But have you heard what Ryan is saying? Have you heard Ryan's analysis of our country's financial situation? Or Ryan's assessment of "progressivism"? Ryan is saying what every TEA Party member wants to hear. And Romney was genius in selecting him as VP.

VD is right. Ryan probably doesn't understand the role of debt. But what is VD's solution? Crash, burn and rebuild?

As I said before, the BEST thing Romney has going for him is his religious experience. The Mormons are FANTASTIC about "rebuilding" both body and soul from the ashes. They've been "burned out" many times before.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 13, 2012 4:19 PM  

I live in a state that most assuredly will send all of its electors to vote for the candidate with the R next to their name. My presidential vote really doesn't matter, in fact even if everyone else likely to vote irrelevant-party or write in voted for Obama this will still happen.

There are other more local issues and candidates I care about, and will vote accordingly.

But please understand, I am no longer under any illusions about the national and world politics. My voting or not voting will not change or fix anything there, it is meaningless. Sending a message to Washington, or the RNC will not mean or change anything. Even if they hear and understand the message, they don't care, your national vote and message doesn't matter or mean anthing to TPTB, it won't make a difference.

Any detailed plans about what anyone can or should do involve local families, churches, communities and neighborhoods, and are best not discussed on blogs and forums beyond generalities and links to resource sites. You don't talk about fight club.

Anyone who has not spent a significant part of the last 20 years at least thinking, planning and preparing to some extent for this scenario has a lot of catching up to do. I have, and still feel woefully inadequately prepared.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 13, 2012 4:24 PM  

I could understand someone living in a "swing" state who still believes the Repubs would actually do something different would care and vote for the big R.

Blogger Joshua_D August 13, 2012 4:28 PM  

Good Will (aka The Mormon Hamster) August 13, 2012 4:18 PM

The Mormons are FANTASTIC about "rebuilding" both body and soul from the ashes. They've been "burned out" many times before.


I'm curious. How many times have the Mormons been "burned out"? What exactly is "burned out"? And what have the Mormons rebuilt in their less than 200 years of existence?

Anonymous Good Will (aka The Mormon Hamster) August 13, 2012 4:46 PM  

Vox August 13, 2012 11:00 AM

What part of "Romney will likely be worse than Obama" do you not understand? It makes no difference who wins the election. It's not going to make the ongoing depression one iota less severe. It's not going to make the coming collapse of the USA any less likely.


EXCEPT that Romney (because of his heritage and upbringing) actually BELIEVES in America. Romney actually UNDERSTANDS the free-market system. Romney actually HAS EXPERIENCE both building businesses and helping the poor (in body and spirit) rebuild their lives.

Romney will be no savior. But just like he helped administrate (and rescue) the 2002 Olympics, he will help turn America around and PREPARE America to rebuild after the crash.

You will see amazing GOOD things with Romney. He's a flawed person and candidate. But he is SURROUNDED by people who love what America once was, who are committed to returning her to her former glory and freedoms.

It's NOT time to abandon ship or give up all hope.

Even if the worst happens -- and ALL does go to hell -- I'd rather have a moral, religious, Christian capitalist in the White House than a Muslim-raised, Marxist-trained muckraking dictator leading the nation toward communism.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 13, 2012 4:51 PM  

So, what will Romney replace the "Warning, Communism ahead" sign with when he takes office and drives the train down the same track?

Anonymous Stilicho August 13, 2012 5:19 PM  

Romney will be no savior. But just like he helped administrate (and rescue) the 2002 Olympics, he will help turn America around and PREPARE America to rebuild after the crash.

Dear Politicians, please stop helping us.

Blogger Vox August 13, 2012 5:34 PM  

But what is VD's solution? Crash, burn and rebuild?

The crash is inevitable. That is the point that everyone can't seem to get through their thick little skulls. It's MATHEMATICALLY guaranteed. Since it is inevitable, my suggestion is to crash it with a minimum of damage, so hopefully it won't burst into flames and fry everyone. Then rebuild.

If the car is careening out of control and the brakes are gone, you do not step on the bloody gas! Why is this so hard to understand?

Do you think that all men no matter how high their moral character have some evil intentions, particularly politicians?

Yes. Including me.

If so, how could you ever vote for any of them, including Ron Paul? What if the politician doesn’t have evil motives, but either lacks the intelligence to understand an issue or makes logical errors like being for Free Trade? Would you acquiesce to 10% evil to achieve the 90% of good? Or only perfect candidates can get your vote?

Because I don't expect perfection. People keep mentioning the perfect being the enemy of the good, but Romney and Ryan aren't good. They're not good at all. They are evil, evil men who have knowingly embraced lies and untruths. They may be marginally less evil than Obama, but who cares? It's like arguing over whether Trotsky is worse than Beria or not. The mere discussion is a category error.

Blogger Vox August 13, 2012 5:37 PM  

I would happily vote for a one-legged homosexual pagan crack whore so long as he understood and was willing to take on the debt issue, ended immigration, defended Christian First Amendment rights, and offered tax credits to every American citizen who purchased a fully automatic machine gun, a home laser defense system, or a tank.

God, Guns, Demographics, and Debt. That's all I truly care about. The rest is irrelevant details.

Blogger Vox August 13, 2012 5:40 PM  

You will see amazing GOOD things with Romney. He's a flawed person and candidate. But he is SURROUNDED by people who love what America once was, who are committed to returning her to her former glory and freedoms.

That's just pathetic. You sound exactly like a black woman talking about Obama four years ago. Romney goan pay mah moahgage. Cuz he Lattah Day!

Blogger Joel August 13, 2012 7:04 PM  

EXCEPT that Romney (because of his heritage and upbringing) actually BELIEVES in America.

Which America? Multicultural, racially-diverse America? Mormon America? Too-big-to-fail America?

Obama believes in America too, you know. Of course, his idea of America is completely alien to the one of its founding. This goes for Romney as well, whose own twisted idea of America is no different in substance than that of Obama's.

But I'm wasting my time with you. Judging by your raging GOP zeal, you're far too stupid to have any clue what I'm talking about.

Anonymous Godfrey August 13, 2012 7:16 PM  

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

Vox Day, the destroyer of all hope. The last three columns were a work of art.

Anonymous Godfrey August 13, 2012 7:25 PM  

After providing a sliver of hope, your previous column callously smashed it to bits. And now… now with this most recent column you stomp on the corpse. When the truth is delivered in such a brutal manner, one is almost tempted to look away.

Blogger James Dixon August 13, 2012 8:27 PM  

> No one can even point me at a third party to vote for so far in this thread.

I don't recall your asking.

However, since you have, the Libertarians will almost certainly be on the ballot in all 50 states. The Constitution party will be on the ballot in most states. Your state probably has a secretary of state web page, if you simply search for it, it will have a ballot up before the election where you can review the candidates and select the one closest to your preferences.

Are any of these perfect? No. Most aren't even very good. But any third party president elected will guarantee one thing. Absolute gridlock, and potentially a shutdown of the federal government. Which would be far preferable to what we'll get under either Romney or Obama.

Of course, I'm just wasting my time, but maybe someone is actually listening.

> I live in a state that most assuredly will send all of its electors to vote for the candidate with the R next to their name.

't know what the hell else to do" thing is just ridiculous, especially when it's done with

Blogger James Dixon August 13, 2012 8:28 PM  

Hmm. Clicked publish too soon,forgetting I had pasted in another comment and some leftover text. I apologize.

> I live in a state that most assuredly will send all of its electors to vote for the candidate with the R next to their name.

Likewise. It makes voting your conscience significantly easier.

Blogger Desert Cat August 13, 2012 9:05 PM  

Vox August 13, 2012 5:40 PM
That's just pathetic. You sound exactly like a black woman talking about Obama four years ago. Romney goan pay mah moahgage. Cuz he Lattah Day!


He basically acknowledges this with his pseudo-pseudonym, no?

Spin Hamster, Spin!

Anonymous E. PERLINE August 15, 2012 9:11 AM  

Romney and Ryan made many bad decisions in conservatism. But they've found a course of action that's appropriate to the times. How could that be?

It has to do with E. Perline's Law. The law states that just when a government is about to succumb to a bad situation, but isn't ready to succumb, it allows itself to be rescued. This rescue is always accomplished by a last-minute correction.

That's why it's so hard to sell stock short. Or to beat inflation by buying goods. Or to keep exchanging currency for gold.

Blogger Good Will August 15, 2012 2:55 PM  

Sorry for responding so late. (Not that anyone has been waiting with bated breath.) Took the family to the beach and couldn't respond.

I'm not a cheerleader for the GOP and I'm certainly not a fan of Romney. I merely had confidence that his Mormon upbringing and experience would imbue him with principles and skills that would serve him -- and U.S. -- well in the presidency. (That may still be the case.)

Then Vox crystallized the argument by writing he would vote for a one-legged homosexual pagan crack whore who pledged to properly address the issues of God, guns, demographics and debt. Because nothing else matters.

And how are Romney/Ryan different (or better) than Obama/Biden on those issues?

They're not (enough). We're still going over the cliff.

Thanks, Vox. My education and demotivation are now complete.

Blogger Good Will August 15, 2012 4:39 PM  

Joshua_D August 13, 2012 4:28 PM
Good Will (aka The Mormon Hamster) August 13, 2012 4:18 PM

The Mormons are FANTASTIC about "rebuilding" both body and soul from the ashes. They've been "burned out" many times before.


I'm curious. How many times have the Mormons been "burned out"? What exactly is "burned out"? And what have the Mormons rebuilt in their less than 200 years of existence?


It's kind of off-topic now (even if Romney does get elected...and I believe he will), but in the 1830s and '40s the Mormons were driven from Illinois and Missouri, their goods confiscated and destroyed, their leaders imprisoned and killed. The Mormons eventually settled outside the U.S. -- in the valley of the The Great Salt Lake (then in the territory of Utah). They established their own (almost theocratic) government, based on constitutional principles, and helped found nearly 400 communities throughout the West (including in Mexico and Canada). Mormons were ferociously independent from -- and even hostile toward -- the U.S. federal government...until the U.S. government's efforts to quash polygamy by force compelled the Mormons to end the practice ostensibly in 1890.

Perhaps because of its insular, socialistic origins, the Mormon Church has a very well developed welfare program to help the economically disadvantaged and under-educated. The Church's welfare programs, business involvements and educational programs and universities (including campuses in Utah, Idaho and Hawaii) are well recognized today.

You may not agree with Mormon theology. But (for the most part) the Mormon organization does things right. Mitt Romney is an expert on that organization. With his background, education and experience, Romney should be highly qualified to help set the U.S. Ship of State aright again.

Whether he can (or will) is The Big Question. Conventional wisdom would say that the "knots" are so extensive and complex in their creation that no one man (or group of men), short of revolution, can untie them.

And, even then, history shows that most "revolutions" (like the name suggests) eventually return to where they started -- in the same big mess.

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts