ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2014 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Head's up: free book

Now that A Throne of Bones is out, Marcher Lord Hinterlands has enrolled A Magic Broken in Amazon's Kindle Select program, which allows a publisher to give books away for free for a limited period of time.  So, starting tomorrow, on December 24th and 25th, Kindle users will be able to download the novella for free.  If you've been curious about my fiction but hesitant to pay the necessary price for one reason or another, tomorrow would be an excellent time to do it.

If you've already read AMB but hadn't quite gotten around to reviewing it on Amazon, this would also be a very good time to pop your review up there.  In related news, if you're willing to commit to reviewing The Wardog's Coin when it comes out, most likely towards the end of January, please let me know via email.  I'll be sending out review copies to the first 50 respondents upon the book's release.  This will consist of two short stories, one of which features a character who is likely to be a new perspective character in the second book of Arts of Dark and Light.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous OCS December 23, 2012 5:08 AM  

Neat. I'll be sure to nab "A Magic Broken". It's been a while since I've read any fiction as of late (the last bit-of-lit being the Odyssey). Thanks you magnificent bastard, I'll read your book.

Anonymous Idle Spectator December 23, 2012 5:17 AM  

Cool story, econobro.

Anonymous jack December 23, 2012 10:55 AM  

Looking forward to Wardog. I would sign up for the review except I don't feel I am able to give a high flutin review. I can just say, yeah I liked it or not. Will leave one of the 50 slots for someone more aware, in literary terms, why it is they like something. Just have to wait for the general public distribution.

Anonymous VD December 23, 2012 11:10 AM  

Looking forward to Wardog. I would sign up for the review except I don't feel I am able to give a high flutin review. I can just say, yeah I liked it or not.

There is no need for high fluting. If you like it, or if you don't like, then simply say so and say why. That's all that other readers really want to know anyhow. So, if you're interested in reading it, I'd encourage you to do it.

Anonymous Krul December 23, 2012 12:01 PM  

Just finished re-reading SE and AMB in preparation for ATOB.

I've got to say, of all I've read so far in the Amorr universe, The Master of Cats is the best. The intimate portrayal of the beginning of a sophisticated, learned skeptic's spiritual journey and the revelations he has about himself and his fellow elvish scholars is most engaging.

It also does a great deal to flesh out the cultural mindset of the elves. The lack of elvish POV characters in the rest of SE and AMB means that I the reader have a much better understanding of the Amorran and Dwarvish perspective than that of the elves, which remain aloof and mysterious.

Although, I definitely hope that the wizard Nicholas returns in ATOB. Magnificent bastard, he was!

Anonymous J. Doe December 23, 2012 1:49 PM  

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought:

- A Throne of Bones (Arts of Dark and Light)
- Summa Elvetica: A Casuistry of the Elvish …
- Can Big Government Be Rolled Back?
- Stack Silver Get Gold - How to Buy Gold and …
- So You Want to Own a Gun

Had to laugh at that. I don't imagine one would find similar interests for the customers who bought Bakker's or Scalzi's books.

Blogger WATYF December 24, 2012 12:51 AM  

How do we get in on the Wardog review?

I'm about half-way through ATOB and I like it so far. Found a lot of errata, though, that I'm sending to Jeff as I go.

WATYF

Anonymous Anonymous December 24, 2012 1:16 AM  

So true, VD, we should all think aboufamily]t that. even though we have a picture perfect

Anonymous Bobby Joe Trosclair December 26, 2012 2:05 PM  

Thanks, Vox!

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts