ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2014 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Black Gate Christmas list

I first have to praise John for having the courage to announce a Christmas list rather than the increasingly common, and ludicrously insipid holiday list.  And then, I would be remiss if I did not point out his good taste in including works by Howard Andrew Jones and yours truly in his top 10:
  1. A Guile of Dragons, James Enge ($17.95)
  2. The Bones of the Old Ones, by Howard Andrew Jones ($25.99)
  3. American Science Fiction: 9 Classic Novels, edited by Gary K. Wolfe ($70)
  4. Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection ($149.98)
  5. Lords of Waterdeep, Wizards of the Coast ($49.99)
  6. The Weird, edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer ($39.99)
  7. Epic: Legends of Fantasy, edited by John Joseph Adams ($17.95)
  8. A Throne of Bones, Vox Day ($4.99)
  9. Three Parts Dead, Max Gladstone ($24.99)
  10. Books To Die For, edited by John Connolly and Declan Burke ($29.99)
I should note that if you're looking for something you can wrap, A Throne of Bones is also available in hardcover from Marcher Lord Hinterlands for $34.99.  To see the rest of the list, which goes 50 items long, go to The Black Gate Christmas List.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JDC December 09, 2012 9:04 AM  

Asked the wifey for the hardcover for Christmas. I love it when people peruse my bookshelf in my office and get a confused look on their faces (the nature of my vocation often causes people to make certain assumptions). I like to remind them that life ain't all about theology.

Blogger Booch Paradise December 09, 2012 9:31 AM  

Also made my Christmas list. Life ain't all about computer programming either (thank God).

Anonymous Susan December 09, 2012 9:36 AM  

JDC, the fact that you understand that truth just means you are a better counselor to your flock (if you have one).

Best pastor I ever had came to the ministry after retiring as a fire chief/EMT. You could and can talk to him about anything. My husband and I are still close to him and his wife even though we have moved out of the area.

Someone who has no life experiences has no business counseling those who do.

Anonymous stg58 December 09, 2012 11:59 AM  

I have to buy my own Christmas presents, Halo 4 being the exception. FN-FAL parts are more expensive than your average gift budget.

Anonymous stg58 December 09, 2012 11:59 AM  

I have to buy my own Christmas presents, Halo 4 being the exception. FN-FAL parts are more expensive than your average gift budget.

Anonymous Syfy fan December 09, 2012 10:25 PM  

Vox you might want to try taking it to the next level and get your novels written into movie script format. You know there is a dearth of good fiction on the Syfy channel, Hollywood etc... and a huge audience for it.

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts