We have been gradually disempowered by a corporate state that, as Huxley foresaw, seduced and manipulated us through:We can take some comfort in the knowledge that all of this was foreseen and explained nearly two thousand years ago. Of course, that doesn't mean it is going to be a good time for everyone.
• Sensual gratification,
• Cheap mass-produced goods,
• Boundless credit,
• Political theater and
While we were entertained,
• The regulations that once kept predatory corporate power in check were dismantled,
• The laws that once protected us were rewritten and
• We were impoverished.
• Credit is drying up,
• Good jobs for the working class are gone forever and
• Mass-produced goods are unaffordable,
.... we find ourselves transported from “Brave New World” to “1984.”
Labels: decline and fall