ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Facebook, free speech, and the FBI

Yes, American, you are now officially living in a police state possessed of an all-seeing eye the likes of which even the Soviets and East Germans never managed to achieve:
A man says that within hours of making an impassioned post on Facebook, he was being interrogated by police and the FBI. Blaine Cooper, 33, contacted policestateusa.com with a concerning story about how his sentiments posted on Facebook had drawn the attention of the federal government.  He showed me the comment and told me that within 24-hours of posting it, he was being contacted by the police and FBI.

His colorful comment was in reference to what he believes is an “American Police State,” in which the power of the federal government is growing in a direction which may one day lead people to fight back.

Cooper, who is training to be a wild land fire fighter, said that on August 23, he was contacted by Officer Jason Kuafman of the Prescott Valley Police Department and was told that he needed to come to the police station for an interview with the FBI.

He complied with the request for an interview, which lasted 45 minutes with federal agents present.  He was released after apparently being determined to not be a threat.

“They had every Facebook post I had ever made in a huge file, along with all my wife’s information, and parent’s information,” Cooper told policestateusa.com.
I sometimes feel as if I should take requests from the federal agents charged with monitoring this blog.  I mean, if I knew the usual guy was a Jets fan or particularly into Asian women, I'd feel obliged to occasionally surf through a few Jets sites or hit up Hot Asian Babes every now and then. While I'm obviously opposed to the universal spying system and I think it is the very definition of the sort of fragile system that predictably ends in chaos and tears, the actual individuals are basically the Internet equivalent of the late-night security guard.

What is there to do?  Either go entirely dark or flood them with information.  Those are your two options.  Nothing else is even remotely viable.

Labels: ,

144 Comments:

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 9:06 AM  

I sometimes feel as if I should take requests from the federal agents charged with monitoring this blog.

You should just be flattered that civilServant thinks the blog so good that he feels compelled to actually comment here.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 9:16 AM  

The solution is to become absolutely, fanatically devoted to God. As we should have in the first place. After all, the world is now such an absolute dystopia, with no hope for future other than becoming many orders of magnitude worse, that by now it should be obvious it has nothing to offer.

Anonymous DrTorch August 28, 2013 9:18 AM  

A freedom-hating, control-loving minion of the state, we can all tolerate.

But a Jets fan!?!

That's over the line.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 9:19 AM  

If I could just somehow inject fanaticism into my head, I would. But it still resists. The human heart is its own worst enemy. It can see obvious truth, know it is the obvious truth, and still say no, I'm just going to pretend that it isn't.

Anonymous Porky August 28, 2013 9:23 AM  

“If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.”

-George Orwell

Anonymous Michael of Charlotte August 28, 2013 9:29 AM  

Option 2 is kind of funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4z09el30f8

Contains profanity so it's NSFW. Oh and those who don't live by God's law deserve death.

Anonymous bw August 28, 2013 9:35 AM  

FBI 2011 Annual Otherwise Illegal Activity report from 2011:

FBI informants carried out 5658 acts of ‘Otherwise Illegal Activity’ (OIA) that were pre-approved by their Bureau handlers. All the detail in the report, such as which field offices approved how many acts of OIA, are redacted.

DOJ guidelines on handling informants makes it clear that ‘tier 1 OIA’ includes, “any activity that would constitute a misdemeanor or felony under federal, state, or local law if engaged in by a person acting without authorization and that involves the commission or the significant risk of the commission of certain offenses, including acts of violence; corrupt conduct by senior federal, state, or local public officials; or the manufacture, importing, exporting, possession, or trafficking in controlled substances of certain quantities.”

Anonymous Redjack August 28, 2013 9:53 AM  

I often joke that the poor SOB monitoring me has had to look at way to many classical history sites than he was used to.

Hope to meet the guy some day, just to laugh and say "Sorry about that".

Anonymous Will Best August 28, 2013 10:00 AM  

What is there to do? Either go entirely dark or flood them with information. Those are your two options.

Option 2 is actually pretty hard. They can monitor pretty much everything now. And since you don't know what filters they would use to determine if you are a bona fide threat or just producing make work for them, you wouldn't know when what you say would be "safe"

Anonymous WG August 28, 2013 10:03 AM  

This is old news.

There are a numbers of us WNs who for the last few years have created bogus FB profiles to communicate with one another and to spread false information. Our real identities are known to only a few.

Repeated tests have confirmed that, yes, domestic intelligence services personnel _are_ monitoring FB and will react accordingly, sometimes with hilariously pathetic results.

Remember, guys, we're not dealing with geniuses here. The multikult empire will _still_ have to be maintained by the late night security guards.

Anonymous a_peraspera August 28, 2013 10:05 AM  

He obviously didn't know the first rule of talking to the police: "Don't ever talk to the police."

Anonymous Anonymous August 28, 2013 10:08 AM  

I prefer the option of flooding them with false information so whatever stats they derive are meaningless.

Example: HUD wants to do a neighborhood by neighborhood survey to ensure diversity. Remedy: everyone check the block "Black" on HUD forms when buying a house or renting. Instantly, your neighborhood is federally protected from getting any more of them. Also randomly dropping words like "pressure cooker" and "Jihad" on other people's comment sections is enough to trigger all sorts of scurrying and hamster wheeling.

--Hale

Anonymous Salt August 28, 2013 10:11 AM  

Can the PTB actually afford the surveillance state? Could the courts handle everyone going out and getting speeding tickets and fighting every one with a trial? Could the welfare state actually survive people who stop working and taking it for all it has to offer?

Anonymous Vidad August 28, 2013 10:13 AM  

Time to make dunkindonuts.com my new homepage.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2013 10:19 AM  

> ... he was contacted by Officer Jason Kuafman of the Prescott Valley Police Department and was told that he needed to come to the police station for an interview with the FBI.

To which the correct response is: Am I under arrest? And if told no, then the answer is no. And refuse to answer any questions without a lawyer present.

Blogger Bernard Brandt August 28, 2013 10:19 AM  

And, as another public service, I will point out that the web article in question cites both 18 USC 1001 and U.S. v. Brogan, to the effect that ANY false statement made to a Federal Agent (yes, even to a Post Office official) is a federal crime and a felony. Even if you only answer "No" to a question as to whether you have engaged in any wrongdoing.

That's what got Martha Stewart her extended stay at Club Fed.

A word of advice here: if you get questioned by a federal Stazi, er, agent, and you have anything to hide, DO NOT LIE. Instead, begin by saying, "I refuse to answer under the Fifth Amendment", and to any subsequent question, "I plead the Fifth". Repeat until the ordeal, er, questioning is over. Do not vary from this script. If you need help in doing this, look up "assertiveness training" and "broken record"

Anonymous DonReynolds August 28, 2013 10:20 AM  

Dark or flood the place. How about a third option: Mix in deliberate disinformation, fake codes, encrypted bs, and announcement of meetings where no one shows up.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 28, 2013 10:25 AM  

Bernard Brandt...."A word of advice here: if you get questioned by a federal Stazi, er, agent, and you have anything to hide, DO NOT LIE. Instead, begin by saying, "I refuse to answer under the Fifth Amendment", and to any subsequent question, "I plead the Fifth". Repeat until the ordeal, er, questioning is over."

NO. Do not take the Fifth. Do not lie. Do not say anything. Silence is the only thing that works when being questioned. Do not plead. Do not ask questions. Do not answer questions. The only words that should come out of your pie-hole is...."I want to speak to my lawyer". Nothing more.

Anonymous David August 28, 2013 10:25 AM  

An amusing story from Eric Margolis on old-fashioned KGB spying where the eavesdropper angrily tells the people he is spying on to go to sleep.

http://ericmargolis.com/2013/08/are-we-becoming-what-we-once-hated/

Anonymous Noah B. August 28, 2013 10:38 AM  

"How about a third option: Mix in deliberate disinformation, fake codes, encrypted bs, and announcement of meetings where no one shows up."

The problem with counterintelligence is, it requires that one's opponent have some intelligence to counter.

Blogger haus frau August 28, 2013 10:39 AM  

You have to explicitly state you are using your 5th amendment right to silence now or your silence can be used against you. Thank you Supreme court for that little gem.

Blogger haus frau August 28, 2013 10:39 AM  

You have to explicitly state you are using your 5th amendment right to silence now or your silence can be used against you. Thank you Supreme court for that little gem.

Anonymous Roundtine August 28, 2013 10:49 AM  

Damn, I wish I knew this before I made the Anders Breivik All-Pork Chili Cook-Off page on Facebook.

Anonymous Hyperphrenius August 28, 2013 10:52 AM  

I assume by this point that all the Ilk have subscriptions to offshore VPNs.

Anonymous Anonymous August 28, 2013 10:57 AM  

Since the 2010 decision in Berghuis v. Thompkins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berghuis_v._Thompkins) you have to affirmatively invoke your right to silence.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2013 10:58 AM  

> I assume by this point that all the Ilk have subscriptions to offshore VPNs.

Believe me, I've considered it. I just haven't had time to research which ones are trustworthy.

Anonymous p-dawg August 28, 2013 11:00 AM  

@Hyperphrenius:

I certainly could NOT recommend btguard for that purpose. It's NOT a very good service. Something I DON'T like about them is they log to /dev/null, so even if they get contacted, there's nothing for them to turn over. You should NEVER use a proxy service for all your internet browsing.

Anonymous AdognamedOp August 28, 2013 11:07 AM  

We're talking about gov't employees. They couldn't even begin to hang with the folks here ,let alone disrupt the ongoing narrative of the enemy within.
Sure their mamas up high could use the force of state to take one down but we aint drones and dont play that way.
We can lay brick too bitches.

Anonymous Noah B. August 28, 2013 11:09 AM  

"Believe me, I've considered it. I just haven't had time to research which ones are trustworthy."

Is there anything you possibly find out about a VPN service that would actually convince you it was trustworthy? For me, I doubt that there is. VPN's might work well for keeping your identity hidden from most websites you visit, but they won't work well for hiding anything from many or most governments. For that, one must look beyond (widely advertised) commercially available services.

Anonymous hillwalker August 28, 2013 11:12 AM  

Do not talk to the FBI without representation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMZrdyCWu7M
with Harvey Silvergate

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 11:12 AM  

You have to explicitly state you are using your 5th amendment right to silence now or your silence can be used against you. Thank you Supreme court for that little gem.

This is quite a misleading summary of the case, since the suspect had answered "yes" to did he pray to God to forgive him for shooting the victim. This was the evidence used, and not the silence. The suspect's side then argued that his answer cannot be used as evidence because the officers had already violated Miranda at that point, to which the counter-argument was that for THAT to be the case, he should have been explicit about invoking his right.

I would have sided with the majority opinion too, based on Wikipedia's description of the case.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 11:13 AM  

Paradoxically, if the VPN is Russian, I'm going to trust it.

Anonymous Rex Little August 28, 2013 11:14 AM  

I'm curious about something. When posting to some comment sections (not this one), I give my email address as well as my screen name. The address doesn't show up in the comment, but can the monitoring agencies pick it up? (Obviously they could subpoena the blogger, but I'm talking about the usual passive monitoring.)

Not worried about Facebook; I don't go there.

Anonymous Sigyn August 28, 2013 11:15 AM  

It's simple. It's really very simple. Just scroll through the Harry-Potter fanfiction "My Immortal" every day. Your monitor will eventually try to kill himself.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 11:15 AM  

The address doesn't show up in the comment, but can the monitoring agencies pick it up?

Yes. I can't believe you're actually asking that question. It should be just PATENTLY obvious.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2013 11:16 AM  

> We're talking about gov't employees. They couldn't even begin to hang with the folks here...

Government employees are like everyone else. There are good ones and bad ones. Don't assume they're all incompetent.

Blogger crazyivan498 August 28, 2013 11:19 AM  

No doubt the nsa probably has a database on us all. I don't have any gold or silver at my house, but the nsa probably has a database of those of us who fit a profile to own those commodities. If you buy online your an easy target. They will come for it once things get bad economically.

Anonymous Peter Garstig August 28, 2013 11:20 AM  

The address doesn't show up in the comment, but can the monitoring agencies pick it up?

Sure. That info is send.

Anonymous Daniel August 28, 2013 11:23 AM  

Heh. Jets. Blown coverage as coverage.

Makes a lot of sense.

Anonymous RINO August 28, 2013 11:26 AM  

Question: Why shouldn't someone keep an eye on them?

Go to the comments section on any alt-right hot spot and you'll find it filled with death threats, threats of violence, dreams of executing political opponents, etc.

Anonymous Anonymous August 28, 2013 11:32 AM  

Rex,

If it's not in the page source, there's no way for them to get it by ordinary parsing. However, you should assume that any hosting company will gladly hand over any data the government asks for, usually without putting up even token resistance and forcing them to go through the legal process. People I know who work for such companies tend to regard the kind of customers who prompt such requests as nuisances who probably asked for it.

And even if you run your own server in some foreign location where they can't identify or subpoena it, I think you should assume that they can still match you up to your real persona online if you have one. I'm sure they could match my pseudonym here to my real life name that I've used other places, by doing Bayesian and other types of analysis on the text, because I've probably mentioned some of the same things in both places and don't try to vary my writing style. But that would only happen if someone took an interest in this pseudonym and wanted to track it to a real person for some reason.

Blogger Bernard Brandt August 28, 2013 11:33 AM  

DonReynolds,

I wish that I could agree with you, that silence in the face of federal agents is a way to prevent incrimination, but the recent U.S. Supreme Court case of Salinas v. Texas is replete with cases, and is a case itself, which shows that that way would lead to consequences you would not wish to entertain, nor to experience. That case can be found here, should you wish to read it:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/12pdf/12-246_7l48.pdf

I will repeat, the only way that I know to avoid both incrimination and application of 18 USC 1001 is either pleading the Fifth, or refusing to answer questions without a lawyer present, and my experience has been that most public defenders are mouth-breathers with a J.D. and a Bar card.

Anonymous Peter Garstig August 28, 2013 11:35 AM  

If it's not in the page source, there's no way for them to get it by ordinary parsing.

Stop telling misleading bullshit. What do you think happens with the email adress Rex is entering in the field and presses the send button?

Anonymous Susan August 28, 2013 11:36 AM  

Markku:

According to that infamous report that DHS released several years ago, fanatics for God are among their top targets as so-called homegrown terrorists.

I would hope that I would never get ashamed of my Christianity to the point that I actually denied it. Sort of like that great apostle did. That actually concerns me sometimes. I don't ever want to deny God.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 11:38 AM  

According to that infamous report that DHS released several years ago, fanatics for God are among their top targets as so-called homegrown terrorists.

Yes, I know. It is good to be accounted worthy to suffer for the Lord.

Anonymous Peter Garstig August 28, 2013 11:39 AM  

I'm sure they could match my pseudonym here to my real life name that I've used other places, by doing Bayesian and other types of analysis on the text, because I've probably mentioned some of the same things in both places and don't try to vary my writing style.

Or they could intersect your browser fingerprint with your online activity...in real-time.

It's not as complicated as you make it sound.

Anonymous Noah B. August 28, 2013 11:39 AM  

"Paradoxically, if the VPN is Russian, I'm going to trust it."

With proper security measures, Russian content should be beyond the direct reach of most Western powers, but the possibility of some sort of regularly occurring data exchange between Russia and the US/UK should be considered. For instance, I had not anticipated that Russia would enact such a potentially aggressive anti-piracy law, which may indicate that it is cooperating more closely with the US to subvert international electronic privacy than is widely recognized. It will be interesting to see how this law is applied.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2013 11:44 AM  

> Go to the comments section on any alt-right hot spot and you'll find it filled with death threats, threats of violence, dreams of executing political opponents, etc.

And left leaning sites aren't?

Anonymous Noah B. August 28, 2013 11:49 AM  

Consider too that every time software on your machine tries to update itself, there is the potential for a log to be kept of the IP address you're using at the time, even if you're using a VPN. Potentially, you could be broadcasting the fact that you're using a VPN a half-dozen or more different software companies. Many of these companies claim they don't keep personally identifiable information, but -- right. Given the other thuggish tactics we've seen the NSA, FBI, and others resort too, I have no doubt they're obtaining this data as well.

Blogger TontoBubbaGoldstein August 28, 2013 11:53 AM  

The solution is to become absolutely, fanatically devoted to God. As we should have in the first place. After all, the world is now such an absolute dystopia, with no hope for future other than becoming many orders of magnitude worse, that by now it should be obvious it has nothing to offer.

Well, there's always Asian women.


Hey... this time, Vox started it!

Blogger TontoBubbaGoldstein August 28, 2013 11:56 AM  

flood them with information

Hope my agent likes Brazilian goat porn.

--UnoBaaaaaaadHombre

Anonymous Anonymous August 28, 2013 12:00 PM  

Stop telling misleading bullshit. What do you think happens with the email adress Rex is entering in the field and presses the send button?

I was talking about passive parsing of web sites, which seemed to be what he was asking about. Yes, if they're doing network monitoring somewhere between you and the server, they can pick it up there. (Theoretically you could use https, but who knows how secure that is, and as I said, the hosting company will hand it over anyway.)

Again, I think there are lots of ways they can collect your information and match you up to any "anonymous" accounts you may use online. I'm not saying it's difficult for them; just saying that they don't have some special way of looking at this web page and seeing things you can't see by viewing the source in your browser. But they have plenty of other ways, and I doubt that any amount of hiding and/or obfuscation would keep them from tracking you down if it became a priority. Keeping your email address private won't even slow them down.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 12:03 PM  

just saying that they don't have some special way of looking at this web page and seeing things you can't see by viewing the source in your browser.

Hey, it's Blogger. You know, owned by Google. I think a special way of looking at this website and seeing all those things is EXACTLY what they have.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 12:14 PM  

You do understand that Vox Popoli is hosted by Google, right? Everything that you write in any field on it, plus any data remembered by the browser and connected to your person if you have logged with your Gmail account (I mean SOMEWHERE, not necessarily on this site) goes directly to a Google database. Do you think they have any qualms about giving that information to the alphabet soup agencies? Hell, they're probably mining it themselves and offering whatever they find.

Anonymous smwinak August 28, 2013 12:16 PM  

I am an attorney with extensive federal criminal experience. I would not use the term "Fifth Amendment" when dealing with law enforcement. The best thing to say is something like, "Thank you for contacting me. I do not wish to answer any questions. If you need anything further, you may contact my lawyer, who has advised me to not answer any questions." Do not discuss anything any further. If you make additional comments, your comments or actions may be viewed as waiving your rights.

After that, you should contact a lawyer ASAP. How do you find the right lawyer? First, get a recommendation if possible. Second, see if the lawyer is a member of professional organizations dedicated to criminal defense, such as NACDL or a local criminal defense group. Third, ask your lawyer about his experience, particularly if you are approached by federal law enforcement. Many lawyers who are criminal defense lawyers handle DUIs and domestic violence cases. Federal criminal defense is a whole different animal and you need someone experienced in federal law.

Anonymous Hyperphrenius August 28, 2013 12:17 PM  

Noah B. August 28, 2013 11:09 AM

"Believe me, I've considered it. I just haven't had time to research which ones are trustworthy."

Is there anything you possibly find out about a VPN service that would actually convince you it was trustworthy? For me, I doubt that there is.

Listen to others' experiences with said VPNs. If trust hasn't been breached yet, assume trust. The worst the VPN can do is sell you out, and then it's just like you're browsing with no VPN at all.

VPNs from non-US compliant countries do seem to have especially trustworthy records, though.

VPN's might work well for keeping your identity hidden from most websites you visit, but they won't work well for hiding anything from many or most governments.

Even if your VPN's encryption is compromised, it's better for the government to have to decrypt gigabytes of encrypted data, than to just serve it up to them unencrypted for free. Anything that gums up the works, that slows them down, if only a little, is good.

Blogger Beau August 28, 2013 12:20 PM  

The solution is to become absolutely, fanatically devoted to God.

Time management. What do you choose to do? I used to be "so busy" there just wasn't any time to do evangelism, until two of us committed to set aside Friday evenings. Then, knowing evangelism goes flat fast if not undergirded with prayer, we started a Tuesday evening Pray and Plan meeting to fuel the Friday evening GIG. Then, we added a Monday evening adult home Bible study to disciple people won to Christ. Now, we are working on visitation (Which I am admittedly terrible at) and individual discipleship. Non of this would have occurred unless two of us had made the decision to set aside Friday evenings from 7 PM till 10 pm to do God's will to proclaim the Gospel. Three years ago God convicted me, "If you can give an hour-and-a-half to the Rotary Club, why couldn't you give Me three hours a week?" Almost all the vignettes posted by me of the past three years are merely reporting the fruit of a pedestrian time management decision.

Anonymous Shutterbug August 28, 2013 12:25 PM  

My friends and I text bible verses back and forth as often as possible to fight this evil with The Word. Haven't been putting bible verses in my fb statuses yet, but I'm going to start. I've also considered going dark, but quite frankly I'm tired of retreating. I have the right to use the internet without threat dammit. And yet, when I log on, I feel like I'm walking through a vibrant neighborhood without protection. I hate feeling like this in my own living room.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 12:27 PM  

Time management. What do you choose to do? I used to be "so busy" there just wasn't any time to do evangelism, until two of us committed to set aside Friday evenings.

Yes, I can see it, and it is blatantly obvious.

An hour from now, I'm not going to see it.

Anonymous civilServant August 28, 2013 12:33 PM  

You should just be flattered that civilServant thinks the blog so good that he feels compelled to actually comment here.

While I sometimes feel compelled it is not always because the blog is so good.

Can the PTB actually afford the surveillance state?

The surveillance yes. Example enforcement yes. Full enforcement not yet. But when electronic money is fully implemented then full enforcement will be a trivial matter.

Go to the comments section on any alt-right hot spot and you'll find it filled with death threats, threats of violence, dreams of executing political opponents, etc.

Well. One can find that here. As long as they are merely talking these will have low priority.

How about a third option: Mix in deliberate disinformation, fake codes, encrypted bs, and announcement of meetings where no one shows up.

This will earn you a flag and a second look by the algorithms but little more.

Consider meta-data. Often this will say more about you than much of the actual data. Example:

...
phone call - gynecologist
phone call - oncologist
phone call - family member
phone call - family member
phone call - family member
phone call - family member
phone call - family member
...

An agent's analysis is hardly necessary to determine what happened here.

Either go entirely dark or flood them with information.

Either behavior will be flagged as abnormal.

Blogger Beau August 28, 2013 12:41 PM  

An hour from now, I'm not going to see it.

Don't you have a local Christian brother with whom you can commit some time with to the Kingdom of God? Our master sent his guys out two by two probably in part for the very reason you describe, alone we are too prone to be prone. What about putting the audio Bible on cell phones for import to certain countries?

Anonymous patrick kelly August 28, 2013 12:43 PM  

"Either behavior will be flagged as abnormal."

At the point enough people are flagged as abnormal, abnormal no longer has the same meaning or usefulness it would.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 12:44 PM  

Don't you have a local Christian brother with whom you can commit some time with to the Kingdom of God?

Sadly, no. I literally don't personally know any other Christian who isn't at least 25 years older than me.

What about putting the audio Bible on cell phones for import to certain countries?

Heh heh, they actually do this? The moment I saw the first microSD card some years ago I thought of Saudi-Arabia.

Anonymous WaterBoy August 28, 2013 12:46 PM  

RINO: "Go to the comments section on any alt-right hot spot and you'll find it filled with death threats, threats of violence, dreams of executing political opponents, etc."<

There used to be a place way back when where a fella could go and vent his spleen like that, without constant monitoring by Big Brother.

It was called a "bar".

Anonymous realmatt August 28, 2013 12:50 PM  

I imagine 2 versions of myself. One cares and one doesn't.

The actions of the one who doesn't care, at this point, seem so much more practical.

I just don't care. Fight for what? This country is dead because the people are dead and prayed for the nation we have. They don't wish to be educated, and only listen when it's wrapped in a shiny package. As the great Benjamin Franklin said

..this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other.

Anonymous David August 28, 2013 12:50 PM  

"Go to the comments section on any alt-right hot spot and you'll find it filled with death threats, threats of violence, dreams of executing political opponents, etc."

Yes we know government paid provacateurs are constantly posting on those sites.

Anonymous civilServant August 28, 2013 12:50 PM  

Either behavior will be flagged as abnormal.

At the point enough people are flagged as abnormal, abnormal no longer has the same meaning or usefulness it would.


Were enough people behave abnormally then yes. But most will continue about their business without trying to hide anything.

Anonymous RINO August 28, 2013 12:52 PM  

Yes we know government paid provacateurs are constantly posting on those sites.

I don't know, the obsession with guns, killing cops, and a number of other groups seems pretty genuine.

Anonymous civilServant August 28, 2013 12:54 PM  

The actions of the one who doesn't care, at this point, seem so much more practical.

Ah. So you no longer care for what was. You are half-way to your destination. The next step is to learn to care for what comes. You will be assisted.

Anonymous realmatt August 28, 2013 12:55 PM  

You look around at your peers and can never imagine they will be the next generation of Old Murderers, but it's clear who the next enemies are. Whether it's out of fear or genuine concern for Americans, Zuckerberg is the enemy. Google is the enemy. Zuckerberg could have gone public with the information he had. Could have let everyone know the government has it's hand up his ass and is using Facebook to spy on us all.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 12:55 PM  

Waaaait, now I feel I've been duped for years. Could it be that we actually have a proto-Loki on our hands?

Anonymous realmatt August 28, 2013 12:57 PM  


Ah. So you no longer care for what was. You are half-way to your destination. The next step is to learn to care for what comes. You will be assisted.


I will be assisted in leaving the country? Well, that's a relief.

Anonymous We Are Anonymous August 28, 2013 1:00 PM  

What is there to do? Either go entirely dark or flood them with information. Those are your two options. Nothing else is even remotely viable.

ATTACK AS ONE

Anonymous David August 28, 2013 1:00 PM  

"I don't know, the obsession with guns, killing cops, and a number of other groups seems pretty genuine."

Rolling Stone and the Guardian both did articles on how the FBI uses provocateurs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/how-fbi-entrapment-is-inventing-terrorists-and-letting-bad-guys-off-the-hook-20120515

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/nov/16/fbi-entrapment-fake-terror-plots

And here is when two paid provocateurs targeted each other.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/06/28/heres-what-it-looks-like-when-two-hacker-fbi-informants-try-to-inform-on-each-other/

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 1:00 PM  

If civilServant turns out to be Carolus in disguise then, why, I oughta [redacted]

Anonymous WaterBoy August 28, 2013 1:02 PM  

smwinak: "If you need anything further, you may contact my lawyer, who has advised me to not answer any questions."...After that, you should contact a lawyer ASAP."

Erm...isn't that backwards? Shouldn't you already have a lawyer beforeclaiming that said lawyer advised you not to say anything? Otherwise, you'd be lying....

It isn't necessary to go to the extent of having an attorney on retainer. But researching the ones in your area and meeting with one before they're needed is not a bad idea, even if you might have to pay a nominal charge just to say hello (which often you don't).

Unless you are personally offering to be that initial lawyer for everybody?

Anonymous AdognamedOp August 28, 2013 1:06 PM  

"Government employees are like everyone else. There are good ones and bad ones. Don't assume they're all incompetent"

I dont,.. but the fact is they have nothing on the folks here. There are no idiots spouting death threats or speaking of plots around here. There are more than enough muzzie yoofs ready to be duped among the 51. No need to waste time. And let's not forget the vibrant animals. There are many dorito colored ribbons to be had by duping that set. But that's too colorful and the kids with the net are playing with charcoal
You cant police an ideology and you cant catch water with a net.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 1:07 PM  

Don't get me wrong, there's of course that other screen name that's basically the disguise equivalent of writing "Just some guy who is not Carolus" on your shirt. I mean proper disguise.

Anonymous Dr. J August 28, 2013 1:13 PM  

I though Gen Kong was Carolus of old. BTW - what ever happened to Takuan Seiyo? He hasn't written anything in months.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 1:13 PM  

Thank you, General Obvious.

Anonymous Josh August 28, 2013 1:17 PM  

Scalzi on comments:

If your comments are unmoderated and toxic (or moderated poorly and toxic because of it), people will avoid your site because it makes them feel unclean to drag their eyeballs over that sort of crap; people will avoid commenting there to avoid associating with creeps. It’s a variation of Gresham’s Law, as it applies to sites and commenting.

This looks like an easily falsifiable statement.

If the comments on this blog are toxic, than readership and comments should be decreasing. That they are not indicates that the blog comments are not toxic.

SO GUESS WHAT GUYS we're not dudebros or dipshits anymore!

Anonymous Anonymous August 28, 2013 1:17 PM  

Markku, that's what I was saying. They don't need some high-tech way of deciphering your email address from a blogger page, because they can just ask Google for it -- assuming Google isn't already providing them with access to mine whatever they like on the back-end, which wouldn't be surprising at this point.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 1:20 PM  

assuming Google isn't already providing them with access to mine whatever they like on the back-end, which wouldn't be surprising at this point.

My point is, I don't think they even need to ask for raw data to sift through, I think they have their own user interface to Blogger that shows the info on every commenter.

Anonymous oi87uy64 August 28, 2013 1:23 PM  

I don't flatter myself.

I know I'm a loser of no value to anyone.

So, what does the government need to fuck with me for?

They pay for my food each month, so all they need to do is turn off my stamps and let me starve, if they want me gone.

But, they don't care, because I'm a plain old nobody, who is not a threat to anyone except roaches and ants.

Blogger LP 999/Eliza August 28, 2013 1:24 PM  

Ah, it depends upon periods; if I am up for a dysinfo bite, I'll swirl that. Or I go dark for months at a time, its probably because I am too tired or sick to bother.

Dislike FB then and now. It is a total henhouse!!

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 1:25 PM  

So, what does the government need to fuck with me for?

Spying on your neighbor in exchange for food stamps springs immediately to mind.

Anonymous The One August 28, 2013 1:26 PM  

Anne Barnhardt has a piece about how there is no reason to use aliases anymore, pretty compelling imo. Does going dark mean never commenting on sites or never visiting those sites in the first place? Or not having internet at all?

Anonymous Difster August 28, 2013 1:27 PM  

I'm under no delusions that my nickname here has been tied to my real name (which many of you know, I haven't exactly kept it a secret). Based on what I have posted on FB, Huffington Post and other places, I'm shocked that I have not yet had the police knocking on my door.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 1:27 PM  

For example, one of them might be a true Christian. Well then, you could pretend to be a potential seeker, and then report everything.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 28, 2013 1:28 PM  

Bernard Brandt...."I will repeat, the only way that I know to avoid both incrimination and application of 18 USC 1001 is either pleading the Fifth, or refusing to answer questions without a lawyer present, and my experience has been that most public defenders are mouth-breathers with a J.D. and a Bar card."

Repeat all you like.....but the MOMENT that you plead the Fifth, EVERYONE involved will instantly be convinced that you are GUILTY of something (that you do not care to incriminate yourself for) and they will endeavor to identify it and search for proof of your guilt. Do not be surprised that invoking the Fifth will get you arrested (on suspicion, at least) or taken into custody (or questioning). But nobody can later defend any action where no answer was provided to questions. This does not mean STFU sometimes....it means shut your mouth and do not nod in agreement or shake your head. If you have trouble doing this.....swoon, or fall down and shut your eyes....but do not make any sudden movments.

If you say nothing, they have nothing and your refusal is not "probable cause".

Blogger IM2L844 August 28, 2013 1:29 PM  

Hey, it's Blogger. You know, owned by Google. I think a special way of looking at this website and seeing all those things is EXACTLY what they have.

Interesting. Microsoft's Sky Drive will soon be unable to be de-linked from their operating systems. That probably won't have any long term consequences. /s

Anonymous Anonymous August 28, 2013 1:40 PM  

F*ck that guy, Amerikan Stasi bastard that he is. This is no laughing matter and never puppy-roll for a govt dork. He should apologize to you for taking tax dollars to spy on you like a paparazzi pervert. This is proof there are people who will do anything for money no matter what abuse it entails. Lives of Others. The shame is all theirs. These people go home each day and are afraid to live for fear someone might 'catch' them because of their awareness of the scope of the program to turn our private lives into bonobos zoo exhibits. Spying ruins their lives more than anyone they spy on. They're paralyzed by the fear of someone spying on them, gone is serendipity, they always think of the trail they leave behind, every action is second-guessed, they live in a prison all because they needed the money.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 28, 2013 1:53 PM  

The only time I had FBI at my house (and they probably do not remember) was in the early spring of 1978. I was sitting in the living room and saw the tail lights of their car, when it pulled up in front of the house. Two of them got out of the car and dashed down both sides of the house to the back yard. The other two took their time coming to the front door. They seemed a bit startled when they noticed I was looking at them before they knocked on the screen door. One of them held a badge up to the screen and asked me if I was some guy, I do not remember his name. I told them, never heard of the guy and he did not live there. After hesitating, they slowly left, joined at the car by the two guys from the back yard, and left quietly.

Anonymous Dr. J August 28, 2013 2:06 PM  

Sorry Markku, I didn't realize you were doing a thing there...

Blogger Cimon Alexander August 28, 2013 2:16 PM  

Amelia Earhart was a passenger: http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/charles-lindbergh-and-amelia-earhart/

Anonymous Anonagain August 28, 2013 2:19 PM  

I was just telling someone yesterday that there's no way I'd be posting rants on FB exactly for the reason we are seeing here. I imagine the Feds have an entire unit dedicated to following and analyzing FB posts and assessing the threat level of citizens' postings. This government is paranoid because they know the people have a legitimate reason to hate them.

It isn't necessary to go to the extent of having an attorney on retainer. But researching the ones in your area and meeting with one before they're needed is not a bad idea

I have both a criminal and civil attorney's phone numbers saved in my cell phone - and I haven't had so much as a parking ticket in over ten years. I no longer trust the authorities to behave in a lawful and civilized manner. And one never knows what's around the next corner in these increasingly interesting times.

Blogger Bernard Brandt August 28, 2013 2:24 PM  

smwinak:
I am an attorney with extensive federal criminal experience. I would not use the term "Fifth Amendment" when dealing with law enforcement. The best thing to say is something like, "Thank you for contacting me. I do not wish to answer any questions. If you need anything further, you may contact my lawyer, who has advised me to not answer any questions." Do not discuss anything any further. If you make additional comments, your comments or actions may be viewed as waiving your rights.

I think this generally good advice, save for one wrinkle in it: if you ask for a federal agent to contact your lawyer, but have not arranged to have one beforehand, you are opening yourself to a charge of violating 18 USC 1001, or making a material mis-statement of fact to a federal agent. When last I looked, the penalties for that were rather severe.

Perhaps the statement should be amended to this: "Thank you for contacting me. I do not wish to answer any questions. If you need anything further, you may contact my lawyer, after I have retained one.

DonReynolds:

Obviously, there are some problems with pleading the Fifth, but there are also problems with simple silence, which, if you had read Salinas v. Texas, you would find include being held for questioning for an hour or three, being arrested, or having your silence being treated as an admission of guilt.

I think it should be obvious that any response by a 'citizen' to a Federal Agent other than admissions and compliance will likely be treated as 'contempt of cop', and you can expect reprisals as a result, up to and including arrest. The difference is that if you take smwinak's or my advice (and preferably the former), you are less likely to wind up where Martha Steward did.

Anonymous Harsh August 28, 2013 2:38 PM  

If the comments on this blog are toxic, than readership and comments should be decreasing. That they are not indicates that the blog comments are not toxic.

I have to dig up the article but I remember reading that comments section have very little impact on blog readership. That said, I prefer one with unmoderated or lightly moderated comments.

Anonymous lozozlo August 28, 2013 2:54 PM  

@Beau

"If you can give an hour-and-a-half to the Rotary Club, why couldn't you give Me three hours a week?

Love your posts - the only argument I could have is that you write with the implication that you should be 'giving God time' with the (seeming) implication that there is 'your time' and 'God's time' as distinct non-intersecting entities.

As I understand it (and I don't claim to be a teacher or have any authority whatsoever) all time should be God's time and there is no distinction between 'secular/me time' and 'God/religious time' (even 'secular' work is part of God's Creation and should be offered to Him.) Whatever you should be doing at any moment should be what God wants you to do - it should be done as to the Lord, and not men. (Leisure and enjoying His Gifts in Creation is part of that too.)

God is entitled to all of us, He made us after all.

Lewis talked about this at length. You are probably familiar with this concept already.

Maybe I am reading too far into your comment.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 28, 2013 3:03 PM  

"But most will continue about their business without trying to hide anything."

Hmmm... this guy acts like he's got nothing to hide....that's not normal ..... wonder what he's hiding..... that's not normal.

When the state's paranoia hits that critical mass, everyone is suspect.

Anonymous Stilicho August 28, 2013 3:44 PM  

While I sometimes feel compelled it is not always because the blog is so good.

Functionally retarded isn't a feeling you have, it's your default condition. You're still boring, even by DMV standards.

Anonymous FP August 28, 2013 4:03 PM  

Guys, there is nothing to worry about. Obama has a new review panel. They'll make sure nothing wrong is done.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-taps-former-aides-intel-review-panel-004452751.html

Anonymous civilServant August 28, 2013 4:25 PM  

When the state's paranoia hits that critical mass, everyone is suspect.

Of course everyone is suspect. But the issue is the level of response to that suspicion. Even Stalin was able to arrest only one third of Leningrad.

You should just be flattered that civilServant thinks the blog so good that he feels compelled to actually comment here.

While I sometimes feel compelled it is not always because the blog is so good.

You're still boring, even by DMV standards.


And yet you feel compelled to actually respond ....

Blogger Beau August 28, 2013 4:47 PM  

Maybe I am reading too far into your comment.

No problem. Yes, it's all God's time, but unless and until I go into the field the harvest remains ungathered. Here's the kicker, the four men who do the GIG are the happiest men in town. Unless you got married today, or had a kid today, we've got you beat - because we know God is pleased with our conduct and we see the results right before us. Sublime satisfaction fills our hearts knowing we are numbered among those "In whom I am well pleased."

A good starting point perhaps, "God, you know I don't want to, I know I don't want to, but please make me willing to want to." I pray this too, when necessary.

Blogger Beau August 28, 2013 5:06 PM  

Sadly, no. I literally don't personally know any other Christian who isn't at least 25 years older than me.

Wow. Alone is tough.

Lord, I don't know how you're gonna do it. But I ask you to bring Markku into contact with another brother so iron can sharpen iron in Finland. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

And Lord, use the internet as a catalyst for a great awakening. Bring us close together in Jesus so we may shine like stars in the heavens announcing life for the repentant.

Blogger hadley August 28, 2013 5:10 PM  

"NO. Do not take the Fifth. Do not lie. Do not say anything. Silence is the only thing that works when being questioned."

This is dead wrong. A federal appeals court recently held that remaining silent is not enough assert the privilege. Some Mexican dude was questioned, never said a word, but was expressive in his silence: downcast eyes, quaking shoulders, etc. this was admissible as evidence of his guilt since he never actually said "I shall answer no questions under the fifth amendment" or equivalent terms. Had he said that, the court held, the police could not have asked questions and reported his (alleged) physical "tells" at trial.

You MUST actively assert your rights to prevent this sort of questioning and subsequent cop testimony.

Once you assert your rights they cannot testify "I asked him XYZ and he refused to answer" or "I asked him ABC and he grimaced and looked frantic" or "I asked him if he knew how fast he was going and he said 'I aint't gonna tell you shit, pig!' ".

Anonymous Outlaw X August 28, 2013 5:21 PM  

They're paralyzed by the fear of someone spying on them, gone is serendipity, they always think of the trail they leave behind, every action is second-guessed, they live in a prison all because they needed the money.

Everyone who hasn't should watch "The Conversation".

http://www.amazon.com/The-Conversation-Gene-Hackman/dp/B003O7I6SE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377724753&sr=8-2&keywords=the+conversation

Anonymous DT August 28, 2013 5:33 PM  

Once you assert your rights they cannot testify "I asked him XYZ and he refused to answer" or "I asked him ABC and he grimaced and looked frantic" or "I asked him if he knew how fast he was going and he said 'I aint't gonna tell you shit, pig!' ".

Can you mix and match? Example: "I shall answer no questions under the fifth amendment, therefore I ain't gonna tell you shit, pig!"

Anonymous DT August 28, 2013 5:35 PM  

Yes, American, you are now officially living in a police state possessed of an all-seeing eye the likes of which even the Soviets and East Germans never managed to achieve:

I would have never believed it had someone told me in the 1980's that America would turn out this way.

Can we just have a bankrupt central government followed by a peaceful dissolution of the union? Please???

Blogger Markku August 28, 2013 6:03 PM  

Beau:

Thank you. And it's not all bad, I have a family that's as intact as they get. Still, one needs peers for certain things, for which family or vertical relationships just won't do.

Can we just have a bankrupt central government followed by a peaceful dissolution of the union? Please???

Sorry, I don't think so, but would a jackboot on your face forever do?

Anonymous Measlomapaddycakes Fuckerbumpkin August 28, 2013 6:17 PM  

Does a photo capture need an explanation?

I did word search in these 100+ comments thus far. I searched the words "jew," "Israel," and "Mossad." Nothing.

I was applying for a Geek Squad job at Best Buy recently. In the application process, BB admitted in plain black print, on their webpage that they are a GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR. And, thus must follow certain federal regulations. At the end of the application, is an assessment. Some pretty invasive questions, particularly concerning breaking the law.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out, that this is data mining for the ABCs, and has little or nothing to do with a job application. I didn't finish the assessment.

I'm not crying a river, over not being considered for this job. I don't want to work for people like that. Anymore than I want to work for Walmart Corporation, or Home Depot, who proselytizes for homosexuals, or Amazon, whose CEO gives actively to gay marriage lobbying. Or Halliburton, who is complicit with murdering innocents abroad. Don't get me started on Google. Simply see Starfor emails.

Let's cut to the chase here. All federally mandated assessments can be streamlined down to one question, to truly separate the sheep from the goats.

Q: What is your opinion of the State of Israel?

The next thought that comes to mind, is would it be a multiple choice or essay?

I'm not inclined to poke Caesar in the eye. But sometimes I just want to. It is getting quite boring. Time for some adventure...

Anonymous This is not Idle Spectator August 28, 2013 6:36 PM  

You can never be too careful these days.

Anonymous MPC FBK August 28, 2013 6:40 PM  

I'm not sure just how much further we can go...

America’s Neo-Praetorian Guard

And, as we approach the anniversary of 9/11/01, everyone here, please start paying attention:

2 + 2 != 5

* Americans are generally quite naïve about Israel and how the Zionist state really functions. The general ignorance about Israel is primarily due to the fact that most people are woefully misinformed about the Middle East having grown up consuming news and entertainment products provided by Hollywood and the Zionist-controlled media. This has resulted in a very significant part of the American population suffering from an extremely distorted point-of-view. Prior to 9/11 this may not have been a matter of great concern, but with the U.S. involved in at least two long-term wars in the Middle East, Americans can no longer afford to be blissfully ignorant about the Zionist state of Israel and its criminal network that are the root of the conflict in the region.

Anonymous This is not Idle Spectator August 28, 2013 6:49 PM  

The ironic part is, this is literally the only place I post anything. Zip, zilch, zero, null, empty set, in other places. I just do it for the lulz.

Anonymous Anonagain August 28, 2013 6:53 PM  

Still, one needs peers for certain things, for which family or vertical relationships just won't do.

Not to mention needing a decent woman. How do you expect to find yourself a mate in that godless land? Perhaps you hope to stumble upon an ex-Nazi moon resident, and convert her heathen ways. Although I'm afraid the inner you will not be enough to make up for your severe lack of melanin on the exterior to suit her taste... :)

Seriously, that's chilling, Markku. When people around you sneeze, do you say, "Gaia bless you"?

Anonymous civilServant August 28, 2013 7:10 PM  

I would have never believed it had someone told me in the 1980's that America would turn out this way.

Then you were not paying attention.

Could it be any other way?

Can we just have a bankrupt central government followed by a peaceful dissolution of the union? Please???

Sorry, I don't think so, but would a jackboot on your face forever do?


If the government becomes bankrupt then there will be no government jackboots. There will however be local or tribal or libertarian jackboots.

Anonymous Loki Sjalfsainn August 28, 2013 7:22 PM  

If the government becomes bankrupt then there will be no government jackboots. There will however be local or tribal or libertarian jackboots.

Unless you are fortunate to dwell in my domain, in which case the boots are far more aesthetic.

Anonymous Titus Didius Tacitus August 28, 2013 7:34 PM  

Markku: "Sorry, I don't think so, but would a jackboot on your face forever do?"

Mass non-white immigration into all white countries and only white countries plus forced integration is white genocide.

That means "a jackboot on your face forever" is not an option. Either the white genocide will go ahead, in which case the future will be like Zimbabwe or Haiti, and we won't be tyrannized because we'll be gone, or white people will overcome the international anti-white hegemony, reclaim their freedom and survive.

Live free or die.

When tyrants are intent on genocide, whether by mass immigration and forced integration or by any other means, that's not a proud boast (vain or not), it's a sober statement of the alternatives.

Anonymous Cousin Ned August 28, 2013 7:36 PM  

If anyone here needs more teasers, this should be enough:

Bollyn: You write that Israel’s Mossad and Shin Bet keep tabs on Israelis in the same way that East German’s secret police (Stasi) or the KGB of the Soviet Union spied on their fellow citizens. Are the Israeli secret services at the top of the pecking order? Who are they really serving? Do they take orders from the Rothschilds, the banking family who played a leading role in organizing and financing the creation of the state of Israel?

Roi Tov: It’s not only my writings that say this. The Shin Bet itself has openly said that. Following Rabin’s assassination, the Shin Bet agitator Avishai Raviv appeared in an Israeli court. There we learned about “Haagaf Hayehudi” (The Jewish Department of the Shin Bet) and about Avishai pushing Yigal Amir into committing the hideous murder in the name of hatred, war, and war bankers. These are facts: Israel is a POLICE STATE run by organizations keeping a network of “politruks.”


* The political commissar (also politruk Russian: политрук from политический руководитель: political officer) is the supervisory political officer responsible for the political education (ideology) and organization, and loyalty to the government of the military. Historically, the commissaire politique (political commissary) first appeared in the French Revolution (1789–99), guarding it against anti-Revolutionary (ideological) thought and action, and so ensuring the Republican victory.

=================================================

The more the populace begin to comprehend and stop electing officials beholden to the State of Israel, the day things start to change. Spread the word, before you find yourself attempting to do so behind a FEMA fence. By then, it may well be too late. Someone knock Jones, Limbaugh, Beck, et al in the head, and shake some neurons loose!

Anonymous zen0 August 28, 2013 7:56 PM  

civilServant drivels:

There will however be local or tribal or libertarian jackboots.

Libertarians don't march. They don't need jackboots.

Bitch.

Anonymous zen0 August 28, 2013 8:05 PM  

Markku explains to Beau: Still, one needs peers for certain things, for which family or vertical relationships just won't do.

Have you tried the ask and you shall receive thingy? Like, seriously and in a humble manner?

No need to actually answer, but it might take more than once to show you are serious.

I join Beau in wishing you well.

Anonymous civilServant August 28, 2013 8:07 PM  

There will however be local or tribal or libertarian jackboots.

Libertarians don't march. They don't need jackboots.


Oh the rulers themselves never march. That is for others. Watch and see. Again.

Anonymous tiredofitall August 28, 2013 8:37 PM  

"Government employees are like everyone else. There are good ones and bad ones. Don't assume they're all incompetent." - James Dixon

Fair enough, how's 99.999999% sound to you?

Anonymous Stilicho August 28, 2013 8:40 PM  

And yet you feel compelled to actually respond ....

Not so much. Feeling compelled is your thing. Think of it as a public service announcement. If only to alleviate the boredom.

Anonymous Outlaw X August 28, 2013 8:49 PM  

Oh the rulers themselves never march. That is for others. Watch and see. Again.

I'm not a Libertarian in the modern sense, but "Libertarian Rulers" is an oxymoron. I am a Jeffersonian Liberal and you are a dumbass.

Anonymous Outlaw X August 28, 2013 8:57 PM  

A hint that will shut up the Left. When they talk about gun control and how you are a racist or not PC, just simply tell them, I am the Liberal here and you are the authoritarian Left.

Anonymous Sugar Tit(u)s August 28, 2013 9:48 PM  

"Mass non-white immigration into all white countries and only white countries plus forced integration is white genocide."

Well, then, it's settled. America ought to follow Putin's lead. Nate and Josh would be tickled pink. Enter the Russian gummint (trumpets sound)! “Free stuff” in the form of housing and education, direct cash payments to women who pop out more chilluns (and even adjusting their work schedules to meet maternal demands!), and programs to dry out the Vodka swilling man-childs running amok.

I'm sure the Christian Libertarian intelligentsia in their shiny jackboots would approve of these measures to address falling white birth rates and meet the vibrant scourge head-on!

Anonymous zen0 August 28, 2013 10:05 PM  

I'm sure the Christian Libertarian intelligentsia in their shiny jackboots would approve of these measures to address falling white birth rates and meet the vibrant scourge head-on!

Now you are just being silly. And Obvious. Pretty lame.

Get a room with yourself.

Anonymous farmer Tom August 28, 2013 10:08 PM  

Vox,

This is OT, but possibly some info worth noting.

There was a land auction, in my neighborhood, yesterday.

It is very good quality agricultural land. A mile from a little town of about 150 people. This property will never be subject to urban development or for manufacturing. It is just highly productive farmland.

Farm Land Auction

According to my boss, who was at the sale, the current farm renter bid up to $11,400 an acre for parcel number 1 where he owns the building site with the property laying to the north and west of the buildings. The final bid was $11,500.

The other parcel (#2) brought $11,000 per acre.

According to the auctioneer, the buyer, bidding over the phone, was a Chinese national, bidding from China.

Somebody in China, decided that his fiat Federal Reserve notes were worth more as black Iowa dirt. I wonder what he knows that most idiot Americans haven't figured out yet.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2013 10:30 PM  

> Can we just have a bankrupt central government followed by a peaceful dissolution of the union? Please???

That's the best hope, yes. But I wouldn't be placing any bets on that being the outcome.

> There will however be local or tribal or libertarian jackboots.

We know where they live and how to get there. You really don't understand how local and tribal politics work, do you?

Anonymous tiredofitall August 28, 2013 10:58 PM  

"Somebody in China, decided that his fiat Federal Reserve notes were worth more as black Iowa dirt. I wonder what he knows that most idiot Americans haven't figured out yet." - farmer Tom

The same thing Lex Luthor figured out long ago, "You can print money, manufacture diamonds, and people are a dime a dozen, but they'll always need land. It's the one thing they're not making any more of."

Blogger LP 999/Eliza August 28, 2013 11:17 PM  

Praying; Beau said the following for MK, "Lord, I don't know how you're gonna do it. But I ask you to bring Markku into contact with another brother so iron can sharpen iron in Finland. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

LP: Amen and Amen, Let MK also be excited fof his future, wich he might already be.

And Lord, use the internet as a catalyst for a great awakening. Bring us close together in Jesus so we may shine like stars in the heavens announcing life for the repentant."

Anonymous Sugar Tit(u)s August 28, 2013 11:19 PM  

Dilemma on your hands, hey, zero? On one hand, a desired policy for Whitey being facilitated by the gummint. On the other hand, those measures wreak of social engineering.

What size do you wear? Never mind, I found them in the kiddie section at Famous Footwear.

Anonymous p-dawg August 29, 2013 2:42 AM  

Everyone misquoting Salinas seems to forget that he answered some questions, then remained silent on others. You can't do that, as the Salinas verdict clearly shows. But, if you do not answer ANY questions, and in fact do not speak any words at all, there is no possible way for the police to determine that you understand your rights. Try to keep your face completely blank. Do not nod your head, do not roll your eyes, do not smile, do not frown. There are three rules to dealing with the police, and Salinas broke one of them. They are:

1. Keep quiet
2. Don't say anything
3. Shut up

Here is the holding in the Salinas case straight from Scotusblog:

When petitioner had not yet been placed in custody or received Miranda warnings, and voluntarily responded to some questions by police about a murder, the prosecution’s use of his silence in response to another question as evidence of his guilty at trial did not violate the Fifth Amendment because petitioner failed to expressly invoke his privilege not to incriminate himself in response to the officer’s question.

Blogger Markku August 29, 2013 5:03 AM  

Not to mention needing a decent woman.

Already covered by "vertical relationships". This is not to say that isn't true, just pointing out it WAS mentioned.

Blogger Markku August 29, 2013 5:30 AM  

Have you tried the ask and you shall receive thingy? Like, seriously and in a humble manner?

I'm going to remind you that this particular issue only came up as an answer to a direct question. It's not as if I came to you asking for advice without considering all that really advanced Christian stuff, such as asking God.

Blogger Bernard Brandt August 29, 2013 10:52 AM  

pdawg:

I'll see your quote from scotusblog and raise you with an actual quote from Salinas:

(a) To prevent the privilege against self-incrimination from shielding information not properly within its scope, a witness who ‘desires the protection of the privilege . . . must claim it’” at the time he relies on it. Minnesota v. Murphy, 465 U. S. 420, 427. This Court has recognized two exceptions to that requirement. First, a criminal defendant need not take the stand and assert the privilege at his own trial. Griffin v. California, 380 U. S. 609, 613–615. Petitioner’s silence falls outside this exception because he had no comparable unqualified right not to speak during his police interview. Second, a witness’ failure to invoke the privilege against self-incrimination must be excused where governmental coercion makes his forfeiture of the privilege involuntary. See, e.g,,Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U. S. 436, 467 − 468, and n. 37. Petitioner cannot benefit from this principle because it is undisputed that he agreed to accompany the officers to the station and was free to leave at any time. Pp. 3−6.

(b) Petitioner seeks a third exception to the express invocation requirement for cases where the witness chooses to stand mute rather than give an answer that officials suspect would be incriminating,
but this Court’s cases all but foreclose that argument. A defendant
normally does not invoke the privilege by remaining silent. See Roberts v. United States, 445 U. S. 552, 560. And the express invocation requirement applies even when an official has reason to suspect that the answer to his question would incriminate the witness. See Murphy, supra, at 427−428. For the same reasons that neither a witness’ silence nor official suspicion is sufficient by itself to relieve a witness
of the obligation to expressly invoke the privilege, they do not do so
together. The proposed exception also would be difficult to reconcile
with Berghuis v. Thompkins, 560 U. S. 370, where this Court held in
the closely related context of post-Miranda silence that a defendant failed to invoke his right to cut off police questioning when he remained silent for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Id.,at ___.


Next time, pdawg, I would suggest that you actually read the case, rather than the 'cliff notes' version.

Blogger thimscool August 29, 2013 11:16 AM  

Not to mention needing a decent woman.

Already covered by "vertical relationships".


She should be covered in a horizontal relationship...

Badumpbump... tish.

Good luck, brother. Stay strong.

Blogger Markku August 29, 2013 11:25 AM  

She should be covered in a horizontal relationship...

Part of it becomes vertical roughly at the time it gets horizontal.

Anonymous p-dawg August 29, 2013 12:20 PM  

@Bernard:

Again, if you do not say ANYTHING, you're okay. What you cited are examples of people who voluntarily answered some questions, and who were Mirandized. You cannot be Mirandized unless you answer either "Yes" or "No" when you are asked if you understand your rights. If you do not answer, you have not actually been Mirandized. Note the following:

"Petitioner cannot benefit from this principle because it is undisputed that he agreed to accompany the officers to the station and was free to leave at any time."

"The proposed exception also would be difficult to reconcile
with Berghuis v. Thompkins, 560 U. S. 370, where this Court held in
the closely related context of post-Miranda silence"

I *did* read the whole case. I only POSTED the "cliffs notes" version. Also, I appear to have understood it better than you did. Perhaps you should try that next time.

Anonymous aandrews August 29, 2013 3:34 PM  

"I just haven't had time to research which ones are trustworthy."

"Is there anything you possibly find out about a VPN service that would actually convince you it was trustworthy?"

"Paradoxically, if the VPN is Russian, I'm going to trust it."

What about TOR (keeping in mind the details)?

Blogger Markku August 29, 2013 3:37 PM  

Yes, I use TOR, but it isn't a generic VPN, it's just for browsing.

Blogger Bernard Brandt August 29, 2013 5:32 PM  

pdawg:

Since I can quote the material for you, but I can not seem to read it for you, I will just personalize the quote for you, so that the readers of this comment line might be able to avoid your bad (i.e., legally invalid) advice:

pdawg "seeks a third exception to the express invocation requirement for cases where the witness chooses to stand mute rather than give an answer that officials suspect would be incriminating, but this Court’s cases all but foreclose that argument. A defendant normally does not invoke the privilege by remaining silent. See Roberts v. United States, 445 U. S. 552, 560."

Have a nice day.

Blogger James Dixon August 30, 2013 8:54 AM  

> What about TOR (keeping in mind the details)?

Tor encrypts your traffic, but only until it hits the exit node, and in general you don't choose the exit node. It's actually designed to hide your location, not the traffic you're sending.

With a VPN tunnel, you know where your end point is located, and hopefully it's trustworthy.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts