ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, December 01, 2014

"Shut up, boys," they explained

The St. Louis police appear to have been underwhelmed by the Black Power-style Ferguson gesture made by five of the St. Louis Rams at yesterday's game:
“The St. Louis Police Officers Association is profoundly disappointed with the members of the St. Louis Rams football team who chose to ignore the mountains of evidence released from the St. Louis County Grand Jury this week and engage in a display that police officers around the nation found tasteless, offensive and inflammatory.

“All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson. Our officers have been working 12-hour shifts for over a week, they had days off including Thanksgiving cancelled so that they could defend this community from those on the streets that perpetuate this myth that Michael Brown was executed by a brother police officer and then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis’s finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance.

“I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights. Well, I’ve got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours.  I’d remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser’s products.  It’s cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do.”
It was a remarkably stupid gesture. But young men are foolish, and spoiled young black male athletes are more foolish than most. It signifies nothing. What I find more interesting about their gesture was the public reaction to it. It tends to support the notion that blacks have lost the average white American's inclination towards sympathy. The 60's-instilled white guilt over slavery and white enthusiasm for the civil rights charade is rapidly dissipating in a considerably less white country where tens of millions of Hispanics, Asians, and Arabs simply don't give a quantumn of a damn about blacks or their historical sob story.

"Oh, lawsy, mah great-great-great grandpappy wuz a slave!"

"Qué chingados, cabron. I just got here five minutes ago. What the fuck do I care about your pendejo grandpappy?" 

This mass indifference quite naturally causes many whites to wonder why they are expected to feel guilty about the continued inability of Africans to behave, or even to want to behave, like 18th century Englishmen. Not that there aren't plenty of white SJWs who will salute the five players for their "courage" and "inclusivity" and spew all the customary buzzwords, but the anger and contempt most fans felt for the anti-police gesture was palpable on a number of sports-related sites. I also suspect that the half-hearted nature of the riots may have been in part due to blacks correctly sensing that there are an increasing number of whites who would welcome the race war that blacks have been threatening for fifty years.

It's easy to be magnanimous and optimistic about the prospects for a permanent state of kumbaya when everything is going well economically and the majority population doesn't feel threatened. It's when the economy goes south and the majority is in the process of becoming a minority itself that race relations, class relations, and ideological relations tend to disintegrate.

Remember, majorities exist in almost every human society for a reason. And where they don't exist naturally, they usually create themselves, often through less than entirely peaceful means. Fred points out the observable reality:
We need to realize, but will not, that blacks are a separate people, self-aware and cohesive. They have their own dialect, music, and modes of dress, which they value. They name their kids LaToya and Keeshawn instead of Robert and Carol because they want to maintain a distance from whites.

The races spring from utterly different cultures. Compulsory integration is thus a form of social imperialism in which whites try to force blacks to conform to European norms. Blacks have no historical connection at all to Greece, Rome, the Old Testament Hebrews, Christianity, the Middle Ages, the Enlightenment, Industrial Revolution, to Newton, LaGrange, or Galois, to the philosophic tradition of Thales, Aquinas, Schopenhauer, or Hegel. Nor do Eurowhites have roots in Africa. No commonality exists.
Postracialism isn't merely one of the many equalitarian unicorns, it is intrinsically opposed to black self-determination. They don't want to be white. They have their own identity, their own pride, and their own culture. And there is nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that it has been forcibly intertwined with white American culture.

Labels: ,

204 Comments:

1 – 200 of 204 Newer› Newest»
Anonymous rho December 01, 2014 5:52 AM  

They may have reasons to come out with their hands up, viz. Rice and Peterson.

Anonymous zen0 December 01, 2014 6:43 AM  

William S. Lind weighs in on the subject:


> On Wednesday, November 25, the Cleveland Plain Dealer came perilously close to telling the truth about recent killings of young black males by police officers (as distinguished from killings by other young black males, which happen all the time). The PD began a front-page story with this paragraph:


A makeshift memorial for Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old boy shot to death by police, appeared Monday in Cudell Commons–50 yards from two permanent markers honoring officers killed by suspects in the neighborhood.

Both in Cleveland and in Ferguson, Missouri, police officers shot young black males because they thought, with good reason, that their lives were in danger.

Unlike reporters and politicians, police have to live in the real world. In the real world, the black rate of violent crime is twelve times the white rate. Almost all that crime is committed by young black males. If a young black male points a gun at a cop, the cop must assume he is in a kill-or-be-killed situation, because usually he is.


Silence of the Goats

Anonymous bob k. mando December 01, 2014 6:48 AM  

i'll believe that whites are getting serious about porch monkey chimpouts when the fan response to dumbass player demonstrations like this is to get up and walk out ... or at least start heckling.

Anonymous Mad As A Hatter.. December 01, 2014 6:54 AM  

My sympathy meter for these rabble rousing indigents is at an all-time low.

Blacks should know that whites are getting fed up with having to feed, cloth and house them....all without a simple thank you; rather complete contempt and threats.

This will not end well.

Anonymous Difster December 01, 2014 7:14 AM  

The shooting of that 12 year old boy was completely unnecessary. The police rolled up on him ready to shoot. No attempt to de-escalate. No attempt to get him to drop his weapon. It's stupid to come up that close to someone you think is holding a gun. They knew before they ever approached him that they were going to shoot him.

All that being said, there's a good chance a race war is coming. It will be blacks against everyone else since they tend to be very disliked by the South and Central Americans as well as Asians.

Not sure how they think this will end well for them.

Anonymous NateM December 01, 2014 7:15 AM  

Coming out like that? Usually the Rams wait til During the game to give up

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 7:23 AM  

...to behave, like 18th century Englishmen.

I dunno. Those Hanoverians were pretty violent too. Had strings of mistresses, abandoned or kidnapped children, and fought turf wars all over the world. They also had a pretty lucrative drug trade going.

Shit...if not for those red coats they might have been the original Crips.

Blogger FALPhil December 01, 2014 7:37 AM  

zen0 notes that William S. Lind wrote:

Both in Cleveland and in Ferguson, Missouri, police officers shot young black males because they thought, with good reason, that their lives were in danger.


And Difster noted:

The shooting of that 12 year old boy was completely unnecessary. The police rolled up on him ready to shoot. No attempt to de-escalate. No attempt to get him to drop his weapon ... They knew before they ever approached him that they were going to shoot him.


Whether or not the NFL players presented "a remarkably stupid gesture", the fact remains that the civil police forces in the USA use deadly force far more often than they need to. Granted, black neighborhoods are, for the most part, more dangerous for police to operate in, but with the callous disregard for human life that police display in those neighborhoods, we have an escalating cycle of violence.

I suspect that the scenario that Difster describes is more common that we know. Police in the USA kill more and more people each year, many of them innocent or guilty only of misdemeanor crimes that do not warrant the death sentence.

It is my theory that police departments, in general, are hiring men and women with (a) the wrong psychological profile for civil police work, and (b) lower IQ than is available in the applicant pool. Combine that with the tribal, warlike mentality promoted by the upper management ranks, the problem is going to get worse, and it will not be just in the black neighborhoods.

This is not going to end well.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 7:42 AM  

Jeff Roorda, the spokesman for the cops, sounds like a real upstanding guy:

Though Roorda is, by all accounts, a friend to the police, his own history as a cop isn't all that flattering. He spent eleven years as a police officer in Arnold before the department terminated him 2001. According to court filings from a later appeal, Roorda was accused in 1997 of trying to cover for another officer by filing a report containing false statements about a suspect's apprehension and arrest. That incident earned him a reprimand.

Four years later the department fired him after a dispute with his police chief over paternity leave grew heated. Roorda claimed that the chief verbally intimated him, but an audio recording proved that this claim, too, was a "false report."


http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/09/nixon_stumps_for_rep_jeff_roorda_an_ex-cop_who_says_body_cameras_make_people_less_safe.php?page=2

Blogger Miguel D'Anconia December 01, 2014 7:50 AM  

Again, the disease that is the amerikan negro. Eventually there will be a separation. I for one have absolutely no sympathy for the plight of the blacks in the US. Martin Luther King had a dream and with the governments welfare and civil rights, they pissed it away.

I also don't welcome the world that the various invading hordes would create either. America will eventually have to break up or Balkanize. It can be via peaceful means or violence. I suspect it will be violent.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 7:52 AM  

William S. Lind weighs in on the subject:

More from your link:

Justice for us means ending the threat we all face from young black males. That may require hanging in a public park on Saturday all young black males caught carrying guns in the previous week. If that’s what it takes, so be it.

He's quite the friend of the second amendment, this guy.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 7:58 AM  

He's quite the friend of the second amendment, this guy.

What second amendment? Lind believes that constitutional America is dead and you can't appeal to a corpse. But he's no libertarian, he is a conservative in the original sense of the term. What he and I primarily have in common is that we are both a) Christians and b) Western civilizationists.

Anonymous Eric Ashley December 01, 2014 8:08 AM  

let's raise a cheer for Imperialism!

Anonymous ZhukovG December 01, 2014 8:09 AM  

Based on my training when I was a cop and the information that I have seen, Ferguson looks like use of deadly force was justified. However, I would have to say that the incident involving the 12 year old boy, does not. In the latter case the officer appears to have fired too quickly, and should be charged with negligent homicide. Police work is not for those who can’t keep their cool.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 8:13 AM  

Lind: "The state’s job is to preserve order."

Umm....no. Good God, no.

The states only legitimate job is to secure the border. We can preserve our own order, thank you very much.




Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:16 AM  

"That may require hanging in a public park on Saturday all young black males caught carrying guns in the previous week. If that’s what it takes, so be it. "

Fascinating... so my buddy Tony can't use his CCW license... because his grand daddy happened to be one of the tuskegee boys?

Tell us more about how skin color may be employed to remove God Given Rights. Perhaps he weighs more than a duck and is therefore made of wood?

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 8:19 AM  

Lind: "The state’s job is to preserve order."

Umm....no. Good God, no.


We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

The English and American tradition is that rights supersede order.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:20 AM  

Also...

Lets see... dropping bombs creates more enemies than it kills... because cousins and fathers and brothers get really mad when innocent people die.

but mass hangings in the park won't do that at all.

because ropes are magic. They aren't like bombs.

Right?

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:21 AM  

"What second amendment? Lind believes that constitutional America is dead and you can't appeal to a corpse."

The Second Amendment wasn't created by a government or a piece of paper. It was created by God.

The government and paper just acknowledged its existence.

He is therefor not appealing to a corpse. He's appealing to God.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 8:22 AM  

but mass hangings in the park won't do that at all.

because ropes are magic. They aren't like bombs.

Right?


Scary black people are more scary than scary brown people

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 8:22 AM  

Based on my training when I was a cop and the information that I have seen, Ferguson looks like use of deadly force was justified. However, I would have to say that the incident involving the 12 year old boy, does not. In the latter case the officer appears to have fired too quickly, and should be charged with negligent homicide.

I concur on both counts.

We can preserve our own order, thank you very much.

Observably untrue. This is why conservatives are sometimes not unreasonably confused with fascists. They aren't principled - as we know - and they will impose order without any regard for it once they see it being necessary.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 8:26 AM  

This is why conservatives are sometimes not unreasonably confused with fascists.

Well when mass murder is part of your toolkit, how could they not be?

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:26 AM  

"They aren't principled - as we know - and they will impose order without any regard for it once they see it being necessary."

indeed.

The standard conservative reaction to ferguson was "kill them all."

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 8:28 AM  

WSL distinguishes between foreign armies and domestic police force, because the former have legitimacy while the latter, don't.

And yeah he has some insane ideas. Like banning video games because they cause school shootings and ordering a media blackout on all killing sprees to prevent other people getting inspired by it. Lol.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 8:29 AM  

Fascinating... so my buddy Tony can't use his CCW license... because his grand daddy happened to be one of the tuskegee boys?

Of course. It always works that way. Police your own or you'll be caught up in the backlash against them. It's not about coulds and shoulds, it's about observable historical realities.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 8:32 AM  

Observably untrue.

Wrong. Even dumb as dirt amazonian tribes with bones through their noses can maintain order in their communities without the need for some national police force.

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement with "...if allowed to do so."



Anonymous dantealiegri December 01, 2014 8:32 AM  

Nate,
Let's not be coy.. mass murder is a part of everyone's toolkit.

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 8:34 AM  

"It's not about coulds and shoulds, it's about observable historical realities."

I suppose that would not be an option for the followers of the religion of peace, right Mr. Repatriator? (assume for a second that they had the discipline to do it)

Blogger Chris Mallory December 01, 2014 8:35 AM  

Honestly, I am in more danger from cops than from young black males. But then I am not a New Urbanist like Lind, so I don't want to live among the vibrants like he does.

We could preserve order very well if not for the yankee influenced government.

Blogger Salt December 01, 2014 8:36 AM  

Ending the black - white problem is really quite easy. Allow seperation. Vox is quite right as black culture "has been forcibly intertwined with white American culture."

Tangentially, my car runs better on pure gas rather than the bullshit ethanol mix. They'll naturally seperate over time.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 8:36 AM  

And yeah he has some insane ideas.

In fairness, we all do.

The standard conservative reaction to ferguson was "kill them all."

Exactly. Which is precisely why it is vital to prevent a society from devolving to the point that the conservatives, who are its bedrock, lose faith and revert to a "civilized order at any cost" posture. Notice what I pointed out: majorities exist in almost every human society for a reason.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:40 AM  

"Of course. It always works that way. Police your own or you'll be caught up in the backlash against them. It's not about coulds and shoulds, it's about observable historical realities."

And do whites police there own?

Shall I also be hung for carrying a weapon? after all there is a trailer park down the road full of white meth heads and someone is getting shot there every few days or so.

Lets see...

By age 23 38% of white males have been arrested.

That doesn't sound like whites are "policing their own"... whatever that means. For fucks sake man. This idiocy would have black shop keepers that were defending their stores from rioters (policing their own right?) hung right along with the rioters.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 8:42 AM  

"It's not about coulds and shoulds, it's about observable historical realities.

Got that, southrons?

It's not that you didn't have the right to secede -

it's just that...well, we'll kill you.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:44 AM  

"Let's not be coy.. mass murder is a part of everyone's toolkit."

No. Its not murder when they're yankees. Its just killing. And as the bible says... there is a time for it.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 8:44 AM  

Got that, southrons?

You have it precisely backwards. If people don't want to stay, or even aren't willing to be part of the order, you should HELP THEM LEAVE as easily and as peaceably as possible. Otherwise, you WILL end up fighting them eventually, and you may not win.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:45 AM  

"It's not that you didn't have the right to secede -

it's just that...well, we'll kill you. "

Well we've always said the yankee position is nothing more than might makes right.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 8:45 AM  

And do whites police there own?

They did once. They are no longer permitted to do so.

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 8:45 AM  

"WSL distinguishes between foreign armies and domestic police force, because the former have legitimacy while the latter, don't."

.......exactly the other way around.

Anonymous FP December 01, 2014 8:46 AM  

I see Denninger thinks something stinks and there should have been a trial.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229628

I'm just sick of hearing about the damn thugs, be they thieves hopped up on goofballs, thug cops or thug protesters.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:46 AM  

"
You have it precisely backwards. If people don't want to stay, or even aren't willing to be part of the order, you should HELP THEM LEAVE as easily and as peaceably as possible."

No one is arguing that.

What I am arguing.. is that this public hanging nonsense will create more enemies than it removes.

Which.. for crying out loud... LIND of all people should realize.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 8:48 AM  

"They did once. They are no longer permitted to do so."

I would argue that the blacks could make this same argument. The ghetto after all was very different in 1950.

Anonymous Roundtine December 01, 2014 8:51 AM  

Asian shopkeepers will follow black kids around the store because they're worried about being robbed. No guilt.

Blogger Rek. December 01, 2014 9:00 AM  

pendejo ... heh

Blogger Salt December 01, 2014 9:02 AM  

All this brings to mind that forcible integration violates Vox's hypothesis concerning Time to Civilization. The process has been short-circuited.

The ghetto after all was very different in 1950. - Nate

Anonymous Eric Ashley December 01, 2014 9:08 AM  

If you read Victoria, Lind would agree with your last point, Nate.

Conservatives have principles, and Tarians have one principle. Its just C's are playing at the Reality level, and Tarians are playing at the Teenager level of the game. Cheap certainties tend to be harder to come by the higher the level.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 9:09 AM  

I note that all these big riots happen in yankee hell.

Why don't we round up every yankee that was caught with a gun the week before and hang them in the park on Saturday?

After all the yankees aren't policing their own.

Anonymous Discard December 01, 2014 9:19 AM  

If you've got overwhelming power over another group, mass hangings of malefactors can work. Blacks are 13% of the country. The other 87% can do to them as it pleases and make them take it. Remember Jim Crow?

We have mechanized cotton pickers now, so Blacks are obsolete. Unless protected on reservations, Blacks will go the way of the Neanderthal and the passenger pigeon. They do not compete successfully with Whites.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 9:19 AM  

I note that all these big riots happen in yankee hell.

Why don't we round up every yankee that was caught with a gun the week before and hang them in the park on Saturday?

After all the yankees aren't policing their own.


No justice no peace!

Anonymous zen0 December 01, 2014 9:20 AM  

Why don't we round up every yankee that was caught with a gun the week before and hang them in the park on Saturday?

Now, Nate. Calma, calma. You don't hang every yankee. Just young male Yankees. and only if they commit crimes 12X as much as the general population. The rest of the Yankees will probably be thankful, although they won't say so publicly.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 9:20 AM  

We have mechanized cotton pickers now, so Blacks are obsolete. Unless protected on reservations, Blacks will go the way of the Neanderthal and the passenger pigeon. They do not compete successfully with Whites.

They any fully mechanized all agriculture, hoss.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 9:24 AM  

Why don't we round up every yankee that was caught with a gun the week before and hang them in the park on Saturday?

The historical examples are clear. The time for principled discussion is over, not because they are right or wrong, but because they are now irrelevant. This is precisely WHY I tried to convince people for eleven years to turn from their idiocy and why I finally quit. I hoped the tide would turn. It didn't.

Kipling warned us. Many people warned us. But all the idiots argued "this time it is different". No. It's not different. The gods of the copybook headings are on their way back. Deal with it. It doesn't matter what you say or think. They are on their way. It's not something to celebrate.

You might as reasonably discuss the supreme importance of sovereign territorial integrity in the spring of 1938.

Blogger YIH December 01, 2014 9:24 AM  

Nate:
Fascinating... so my buddy Tony can't use his CCW license... because his grand daddy happened to be one of the tuskegee boys?
Yes, in Imperial (no longer) Constitutional America's race war (as Robert Occulus III pointed out) ''your skin is your uniform'' - wear the enemy uniform, have the status of an enemy.

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 9:32 AM  

The main thing about this is: so what if the cop actually overstepped his boundaries? This is a thug piece of shit. A healthy nation would write that of and focus their sympathies on more deserving targets.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/01/17/justice-for-sal

Most reasonable people should consider this a net positive for society and be thankful that it didn't hit anyone important.

Anonymous zippo December 01, 2014 9:33 AM  

"pendejo ... heh"

Having unfortunately spent my fair share of time around annoying Mexicans yammering in naco Spanglish, I really wish they'd come up with a few more and better insults than just pendejo and tu madre all the time. It's the language of Lope de Vega, FFS.

Getting back to the OP, did the St. Louis crowd boo these schmucks at all? I sure hope so.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 9:33 AM  

Yes, in Imperial (no longer) Constitutional America's race war (as Robert Occulus III pointed out) ''your skin is your uniform'' - wear the enemy uniform, have the status of an enemy.

What you're not getting is that southrons don't consider blacks to be the enemy.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 01, 2014 9:34 AM  

"Anti-racism" is nothing but a fraud, even the kids in the SJW won't defend that lie anymore, nowadays they admit to being "anti-white." Good, we are that much closer to defenestrating the taboos of Political Correctness, and once that is done good and hard the changes will happen fast. The post- 1945 social order is being eaten away at its foundations, it looks good from the NYT's boardroom, but their view is a mirage.

Anonymous zen0 December 01, 2014 9:35 AM  

And where will the blacks and liberals flee when it all comes down? Canada, of course. Thanks loads.

Hopefully it will be it winter. They might think twice about heading North.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 9:44 AM  

"You might as reasonably discuss the supreme importance of sovereign territorial integrity in the spring of 1938."

meh.

Then why aren't they rioting in Nashville? Mobile? Houston? Dallas? Charlotte? Birmingham? or even that shithole Atlanta?

If it is the epic historical truth coming home to roost... why is it that large geographical regions are not seeing it?

Seems to me the symptoms in 1938 were a might more universal on the Continent.


Anonymous Dikaios Rik December 01, 2014 9:52 AM  

And meanwhile in Germany, they're planning to honour a woman of Turkish descent who died while fighting an 18-year-old Serbian Muslim man while trying to defend two other girls from him harassing her: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/30/berlin-tribute-student-tugce-albayrak-killed-intervene-harassment

Pitiful, but that woman was foolish. No doubt she probably thought she could moxie her way around the situation and waif-fu the guys into submission. This lesson in biology will, no doubt, go forgotten.

Also, I still remember when Germans had Germanic-sounding names. Who's willing to bet that the man does simple community service for his crime, and that the German government is going to use this as an excuse to bring in more "heroic" immigrants?

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 9:54 AM  

The main thing about this is: so what if the cop actually overstepped his boundaries?

Because cops will continue to overstep their boundaries and the victims won't just be thugs.

Blogger Salt December 01, 2014 9:57 AM  

Then why aren't they rioting in Nashville? Mobile? Houston? Dallas? Charlotte? Birmingham? or even that shithole Atlanta?

Patience, Nate. Patience. All in good time.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 10:06 AM  

If people don't want to stay, or even aren't willing to be part of the order, you should HELP THEM LEAVE as easily and as peaceably as possible.

Well, I guess publicly hanging innocent citizens might somehow be interpreted as "helping them leave".

It seems the common theme of late is "CIVILIZATION WILL BE PRESERVED...EVEN IF WE HAVE TO ACT LIKE BARBARIANS TO DO IT!"

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents December 01, 2014 10:10 AM  

@Vox Postracialism isn't merely one of the many equalitarian unicorns, it is intrinsically opposed to black self-determination. They don't want to be white. They have their own identity, their own pride, and their own culture. And there is nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that it has been forcibly intertwined with white American culture.

More than forcibly intertwined, it's been jammed down the throats of Americans for decades. The myth of black exceptionalism has been force fed in the media and the education complexes for years and years. Millennials all know about Harriet Tubman, but few know of William T. Sherman. They've had Rosa Parks and the Tuskeegee Airmen, etc. shoved in their faces over and over again. Yet the myth of the exceptional black contrasts starkly with the actual, real, black people that millennials have been forcibly integrated with.

Communist dictators kept control of their populations with lies. Not just telling lies to the people but forcing people to lie to each other. When the lies were shown to be false, the Comunist regimes collapsed nearly overnight. People had thought "I'm the only one who can see this shit", when they were free to tell neighbors "This is shit!" and the reply was "Well, yeah, I know!" opinion crystallized like in a supersaturated solution.

If anyone's going to form a "white party" in the US, it is the millennials. They won't have a shred of white, Boomer guilt and they tend towards group think.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 01, 2014 10:11 AM  

The SJW cult tries to peddle that idiocy of white guilt and other nonsense. Pure rubbish, but since the establishment types peddle it with their media propaganda the conservatives being the step and fetch types try and triangulate so conservatives give us the tropes of "Waiting for Uncle Remus" which middle aged white males eat up like cotton candy. We even got some of that backwash here last week when someone who should know better thought of Vox as that dreaded monster of the ages a "White Sooooooopremacist." (the sulfuric acid of left rhetoric)

Anonymous Tabula Rasa December 01, 2014 10:16 AM  

But…but..but..Vox! All we need to do is close the reading gap! Close the math gap! Close the achievement gap! Stop profiling innocent black children! Teach peace! Educate whites about their privilege!

And if that doesn't work, then just do it all over again, louder and harder until it does work! Dr. King! Civil Rights! It worked in the 60's, it's got to work now!

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 10:19 AM  

"Pitiful, but that woman was foolish. No doubt she probably thought she could moxie her way around the situation and waif-fu the guys into submission. This lesson in biology will, no doubt, go forgotten."

Nonsense. She didn't fight that guy, just told him to leave. That guy didn't punch himher either. He was pissed as hell and his buddy was trying to restrain him. He pushed his buddy and just at that moment, this ditz walks past the two, completely unaware of her surroundings, he falls on her, she falls to the ground, the back of her head onto the concrete. Coma, brain death. Oh well.

Take it from me, I actually live around that place.

"Because cops will continue to overstep their boundaries and the victims won't just be thugs."

That is besides the point. There are ample examples of innocent people getting harmed or killed by police officers. most of them far more suitable for sympathy than this scumbag.

Anonymous ZhukovG December 01, 2014 10:25 AM  

If there is a serious breakdown into racial violence, I expect it will be far more muted in the South. Atlanta would probably burn again, but this would be no great loss, Georgia would just need to air out the old buildings in Milledgeville.

There would probably be a few hangings, a burning cross or two. But I suspect Nate’s friend would be safer than those white meth heads in the trailer park as I suspect that Southerners, black and white, will relish the opportunity to clean house.

Anonymous Borderline Anonymous December 01, 2014 10:27 AM  

Off topic but no where else to put this.

Hey, Markku


Going to try to get my Finnish Nagant out to the range today. Got some Red Star targets to take with me, too. No Molotov cocktails, though, rangemaster doesn't like them much. Still, like the old guy once said, "it's the thought that counts".

Sisu!

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 10:28 AM  

Honestly, the South seems to be a place where seperate but equal is a brilliant principle. I don't see hate between the two communities but some degree of seperation probably is necessary.

Anonymous The other skeptic December 01, 2014 10:38 AM  

Whites asserting other identities to protest black misbehavior.

Blogger FALPhil December 01, 2014 10:40 AM  

Nate wrote:

By age 23 38% of white males have been arrested.


That's because we have waaayy too many laws on the books, and waaayy too many people minding other peoples' business.

zen0 wrote:

And where will the blacks and liberals flee when it all comes down? Canada, of course. Thanks loads.


I seriously doubt it. Get more than about 75 miles from the border, and life is too tough for those looking for an easy way out. They will head south. Heh, maybe we can have a reverse Mariel boat lift!

Nate wrote:

Then why aren't they rioting in Nashville? Mobile? Houston? Dallas? Charlotte? Birmingham? or even that shithole Atlanta?


They were rioting in Atlanta. They tried to shut down the downtown connector. The police were prepared, showed up in force, and made a couple dozen arrests. There were, however, no riots in Provo.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 December 01, 2014 10:48 AM  

Funny, I don't recall anyone doing anything for Kelly Thomas, other than peaceful protests. And this guy was beaten to death by two cops for not complying with their orders.

But mentally impaired homeless white people don't count I guess.

Blogger Remo December 01, 2014 10:49 AM  

I'll admit to harboring more than a few negative feelings for blacks. I grew up in D.C. as a white kid and the number one threat was black males. They are different, they seem to crave violence, they are collectively stupid, they fail to organize to solve problems constructively, they do not think beyond themselves, they have no concept for the greater good, and they do not understand their individual behavior is destructive to the society they currently live in. Personally I don't see a peaceful way to end this. Send them back to Africa? Not going to float for obvious reasons. Grant them large portions of the U.S. to despoil? They'll be demanding money forever just as now and always blaming whitey for their situation regardless of what it is.

In order for blacks to live in anything other than sod huts and hunter gatherer type culture the blacks will need to adopt European customs to some degree and I don't see it happening. In the meantime they feel it is their right to prey on whites and demand a huge portion of our incomes not to mention the all to often rapes and murders at their hands because slavery. I just don't see how this end peacefully. Had I been able to donate $100 to see all blacks shipped off to concentration camps I would have done it when I was living in D.C. just to be able to use the school bathroom without having to take my life in my hands.

Anonymous ZhukovG December 01, 2014 10:50 AM  

Tommy,

A certain amount of separation is natural. I am sure that you have observed this where you live.

In my travels around the United States, I have noticed that there is a greater degree of social interaction between blacks and whites in the South. Frankly, I am not entirely sure why this appears to be so. Some of it may have to do with shared history over the last 300 hundred years or so. Also I think that since the civil rights movement did so much social and economic damage to blacks, particularly in the South, that many Southern blacks may be more wary of SJW’s bearing gifts.

Anonymous zippo December 01, 2014 10:53 AM  

"By age 23 38% of white males have been arrested."

I have a hard time believing that figure, but even assuming it's true, the question is... arrested for what exactly? Probably a LOT more arrests for petty bullshit and quota-filling to goose the gubmint stats, and a lot LESS arrests for serious crime.

Anonymous zippo December 01, 2014 10:55 AM  

The captcha for that last comment was "sarxist". That's pretty good, I'm gonna keep it. Cultural Sarxism, think of the possibilities.
/sarx

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 11:05 AM  

I have a hard time believing that figure, but even assuming it's true, the question is... arrested for what exactly? Probably a LOT more arrests for petty bullshit and quota-filling to goose the gubmint stats, and a lot LESS arrests for serious crime.

Same with blacks. Nonviolent drug arrests.

Blogger Ghost December 01, 2014 11:05 AM  

On the naming front, my daughter went to school with two black brothers, one named Jace, and the other... K-Jawn. That's how his mama spelt it. Guess which one is prison for robbing white folk.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 11:06 AM  

"They were rioting in Atlanta. They tried to shut down the downtown connector"

I don't think you can call that a riot.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 11:07 AM  

Why Ferguson?

It's a criminal justice system gone insane:

" In 2013, the municipal court in Ferguson — a city of 21,135 people — issued 32,975 arrest warrants for nonviolent offenses, mostly driving violations."

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 11:08 AM  

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-01/uosc-sho010314.php

Source for the stats on white arrests.

Anonymous Fred December 01, 2014 11:08 AM  

Ann Coulter maintains that if you factor out blacks the violent crime rates in the U.S. are about the same as they are in Belgium

Blogger jimmy-jimbo December 01, 2014 11:16 AM  

Not exactly comforting that the original cop was forced to resign without a severance package or benefits. Who has stood by him?

Anonymous The other skeptic December 01, 2014 11:18 AM  

Steve Sailer is on a roll. He has an article up about a perceptive French Author's take on the destruction of France, and it seems all the right thinking people hate but the French public, those ungrateful slobs, like it.

Anonymous Lana December 01, 2014 11:18 AM  

There were protests in Dallas. However, the protesters on Wednesday were joined by some Open Carry guys who supported the right of the people to protest and brought along their weapons to protect businesses from looting or damage. There was no looting or damage reported.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 11:21 AM  

It seems the common theme of late is "CIVILIZATION WILL BE PRESERVED...EVEN IF WE HAVE TO ACT LIKE BARBARIANS TO DO IT

(laughs) Porky, once again you have it backwards. Civilized people don't kill like barbarians do, haphazardly and enthusiastically. They do it methodically and thoroughly. Civilization will be preserved and order will be restored the same way it always is.

You and everyone else who argued, "no, it's fine, it doesn't matter, people are people" are the ones to blame. If you insist on interfering with the natural order, don't be surprised when the natural order reasserts itself.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 11:25 AM  

"They did once. They are no longer permitted to do so."

I would argue that the blacks could make this same argument. The ghetto after all was very different in 1950.


See Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Dwight Howard, and Chris Brown.

Anonymous zippo December 01, 2014 11:45 AM  

btw, do any of you legal types know if Wilson can sue the players for libel? As the police guy pointed out, the players were essentially calling a formally-acquitted innocent man a murderer on national TV, and their stupid gesture was officially proven false in a court of law. I hope the guy can get rich off of nuisance suits.

Anonymous Laz December 01, 2014 11:49 AM  

"Same with blacks. Nonviolent drug arrests."

I call shenanigans. Only idiots would believe dealers, especially in the hood, wouldn't be carrying a piece.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 11:49 AM  

"Not exactly comforting that the original cop was forced to resign without a severance package or benefits. Who has stood by him?"

You realize he's recieved over 500k in donations right?

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 11:51 AM  

' Only idiots would believe dealers, especially in the hood, wouldn't be carrying a piece."

he isn't arrested for carrying a piece.

Carrying a piece isn't illegal.

Anonymous Laz December 01, 2014 11:54 AM  

@ Zippo: I agree that they are POS's but, they have the right to free speech.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 11:56 AM  

Civilized people don't kill like barbarians do, haphazardly and enthusiastically. They do it methodically and thoroughly.

To the contrary, the ISIL barbarians are being quite methodical and thorough about their killing. It is the "civilized" west that gleefully drops bombs that kill haphazardly and then congratulates themselves.

Civilization will be preserved and order will be restored the same way it always is.

As we've seen, you and I have very different ideas about civilization. I consider the ascetic rural christian monk to be infinitely more civilized than any of the King Georges and imperialists that you appealed to earlier.

You and everyone else who argued, "no, it's fine, it doesn't matter, people are people"

Why do you make things up? Rhetoric still needs to be based in truth, you know. Otherwise it ceases to be rhetoric, but instead becomes mere propaganda.

Anonymous Laz December 01, 2014 11:57 AM  

"Carrying a piece isn't illegal."

It is when you're carrying drugs too.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 11:57 AM  

' Only idiots would believe dealers, especially in the hood, wouldn't be carrying a piece."

he isn't arrested for carrying a piece.

Carrying a piece isn't illegal.


This is giving me flashbacks to the pittbull discussions...

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 11:58 AM  

"Carrying a piece isn't illegal."

It is when you're carrying drugs too.


End the war on drugs.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 11:58 AM  

" It is the "civilized" west that gleefully drops bombs that kill haphazardly and then congratulates themselves."

***sigh*** we've been over this. barbarians kill up close.. with clubs and knives. civilized types kill from a distance... with cruise missiles and stealth bombers.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 11:59 AM  

"It is when you're carrying drugs too."

Dumbass. the drugs are the relevant factor. Not the gun.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:00 PM  

Here's a clue for you retards. Make the drug dealers compete with walmart... and they go out of business like everyone else that competes with walmart.

Then you can maybe not live in the biggest prison state the world has ever known.

Blogger Rabbi B December 01, 2014 12:04 PM  

"Remember, majorities exist in almost every human society for a reason."

It might be important to thoughtfully consider the 'tone at the top' as well.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/30/how-obama-blatantly-disregards-the-law/

Salient highlights:

- “I just took an action to change the law!” he reminded Hispanic activists in Chicago last week . . .

- Obama has directed his education secretary and attorney general to pressure public school districts to limit the
number of minority students they suspend. To comply with the policy, Minneapolis Public Schools and other
districts have adopted de facto racial quotas in discipline.

- Also, Obama is illegally rewriting both the Fair Housing Act and Equal Credit Opportunity Act in order to pressure
lenders and insurers into setting quotas for minority homebuyers.

- Meanwhile, EEOC Chairwoman Jacqueline Berrien, a former NAACP activist, is unlawfully expanding enforcement
of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act to pressure employers to hire minorities with criminal records.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:05 PM  

also Josh... its not really even the war on drugs... its the psycho use of driving violations as revenue.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 12:09 PM  

also Josh... its not really even the war on drugs... its the psycho use of driving violations as revenue.

Nice car you've got here...hate to see anything happen to it...

Anonymous Curtis December 01, 2014 12:09 PM  

That cop who shot the 12 year old already had his weapon at the ready before he jumped out of the car and immediately fired. It was an execution. And, the two cops involved lied about what transpired. But for the video.

As for those cops in Ferguson protecting anyone, it is rubbish. In fact, there is video that some SWAT/DHS may have started the fire at the Advance Auto Parts store. Whatever they were doing with that car parked next to the store, it doesn't look good.

Then, there was the Oath Keepers who came in and protected some businesses. Cops came by and gave them a hard time and ordered them to leave on misrepresentation of the law and threat of arrest.

And don't forget the guy who was fired for taking pictures of all the DHS vehicles parked the hotal he worked at.

Also never forget:

“We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.”

What are you doing?

Anonymous Scooter December 01, 2014 12:11 PM  

Here's a clue for you retards. Make the drug dealers compete with walmart... and they go out of business like everyone else that competes with walmart.

MS13 and the Crips ain't got shit on the Waltons...

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 12:14 PM  

***sigh*** we've been over this. barbarians kill up close.. with clubs and knives. civilized types kill from a distance... with cruise missiles and stealth bombers.

So when ISIL gets ahold of nuke ICBM's then they will be civilized.

Got it.

Blogger jimmy-jimbo December 01, 2014 12:26 PM  

"You realize he's recieved over 500k in donations right?"

I just found out by you. Doesn't change the fact that he didn't receive a severance package and benefits.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:26 PM  

"So when ISIL gets ahold of nuke ICBM's then they will be civilized. "

yes!

exactly.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:27 PM  

"I just found out by you. Doesn't change the fact that he didn't receive a severance package and benefits."

it does make you look kind of foolish when you lament that the poor soul has no one looking out for him.

Blogger jimmy-jimbo December 01, 2014 12:32 PM  

"it does make you look kind of foolish when you lament that the poor soul has no one looking out for him."

No it doesn't because his police department didn't and I said so. You're just looking for a fight.

Anonymous Jack Amok December 01, 2014 12:34 PM  

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement with "...if allowed to do so."

I think there's solid agreement on that point. If allowed to do so.

@Nate:

I would argue that the blacks could make this same argument. The ghetto after all was very different in 1950.

True, but unfortunately "The Black Community" has become synonymous with the sort of folks who work overtime to prevent any self-policing. Idiots like the Rams players help reinforce that. The playbook has been to foster a racial cold war and extract money and power in exchange for keeping the peace.

And anyway, we shouldn't need to "kill 'em all" but we do need to kill some of them, like the violent thug in Furgeson. And Trayvon. But every time we do, we get pushback and more thuggery. Maybe Vox is right that some of them are getting smart and realizing the gig is up and if they force a choice between chimp-outs and "kill 'em all", it'll be "kill 'em all". I'm pretty sure you've basically said that's what southern blacks already know*, and maybe their northern cousins need to learn it.


* sidebar: every ethinic group has it's own Bell Curve. If genetics influence civilizational aptitude as Vox says, then some blacks are more capable of civilization than others. D'ya suppose southern Blacks took the opportunity that abolition offered to export the more barbarous half of their Bell Curve north?

Anonymous ZhukovG December 01, 2014 12:34 PM  

I would argue that ISIL is already civilized. The fact that we dislike their idea of civilization is immaterial. They maintain rather strict law and order within their territory, they engage in international commerce, they have very strong social and religious principals, very civilized.

And in terms of pure malevolent evil, they got nothing on the good old USA.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:43 PM  

"Not exactly comforting that the original cop was forced to resign without a severance package or benefits. Who has stood by him?"

"No it doesn't because his police department didn't and I said so. You're just looking for a fight. "

See a problem here? See where you said, "who has stood by him?" See? That's why you look like an idiot now.

Try to not look like an idiot. Millions of people are rallying around the dude... to the tune that he'll likely never have to work as a cop again.

Anonymous Billy December 01, 2014 12:45 PM  

I think a lot of the comments, people like Nate and Josh, are sentimentalists. In that they see the world as they wish it were, not as it really is.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:48 PM  

"I would argue that ISIL is already civilized"

cutting off people's heads with knives is no civilized! you have to blow them up with million dollar bombs to be civilized.

God you people are slow.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:48 PM  

" In that they see the world as they wish it were, not as it really is. "

where do you live Billy?

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 12:49 PM  

They maintain rather strict law and order within their territory, they engage in international commerce, they have very strong social and religious principals, very civilized.

Ask ten different ilk for a definition of "civilized" you will get ten different answers.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 12:50 PM  

I think a lot of the comments, people like Nate and Josh, are sentimentalists. In that they see the world as they wish it were, not as it really is.

Nate and I interact with black folk on a daily basis.

Blogger RobertT December 01, 2014 12:52 PM  

This would have made a great column.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:53 PM  

See I live in the deep south. And down here... blacks don't want a race war. Down here blacks are scared to death of whites.

this isn't rose colored glasses. this is personal exerience. I've seen black men and women react to white people like that. The standard example I give happened in a grocery store to me. A little 5 year old black boy was running wild in the store and ran into me on accident. His mother flipped out and snatched him up and started yelling at him while the dad apologized. The woman said, "What is wrong with you? don't you see that's a white man! you don't EVER touch a white man!" While the dad... who was a good foot taller than me... politely apologized.

I just said, "hey man I've got 5 of my own I know what its like" but you could tell they were both very shook up.

So forgive me... but I just don't think you get that same reaction to a similar situation in chicago.

Anonymous zippo December 01, 2014 12:54 PM  

"Millions of people are rallying around the dude... to the tune that he'll likely never have to work as a cop again."

Unless of course it all gets hoovered out of his wallet in a civil suit, and goes into the pockets of the Brown family. Which they will definitely try -- lower burden of proof and all that. Or if he has to spend it all on lawyers to defend himself from civil rights charges. This guy isn't out of the woods yet, not by a long shot.

And Nate, c'mon, don't be such a literalist, the guy was making a main point that Wilson has got no severance etc. The other sentence was a rhetorical flourish. He didn't look like an idiot, you look like a tone-deaf nit-picker.

Blogger jimmy-jimbo December 01, 2014 12:58 PM  

"Not exactly comforting that the original cop was forced to resign without a severance package or benefits. Who has stood by him?"

@Nate: You're the idiot for trying to find something wrong that I've said.

"Millions of people are rallying around the dude"

That you have yet to name, which of course, does not include his own police department that has forced him to resign and refused to provide a severance package and benefits. Who has supported him? This was in direct response to the article above that named "The St. Louis Police Officers Association". You could have cited this organization, which would be almost comical if their support is in any way relevant. To the actual cop, he disappeared.

Blogger Chris Mallory December 01, 2014 12:58 PM  

"Because cops will continue to overstep their boundaries and the victims won't just be thugs."

"That is besides the point."

That is the point. The average cop is on the same intellectual level as a retarded Basset Hound. Let either one get in the habit of using the bathroom on the kitchen floor and you will never break them of the habit. Any time a cop kills a citizen, thug or not, the cop needs his nose rubbed in the feces.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 12:59 PM  

'
And Nate, c'mon, don't be such a literalist, the guy was making a main point that Wilson has got no severance etc. The other sentence was a rhetorical flourish. He didn't look like an idiot, you look like a tone-deaf nit-picker."

Oh spare me your poor pitiful cop bullshit. he's a cop. he's an asshole by default.

As for the rhetorical flourish... don't give me that crap either. he had no idea anyone was helping that poor innocent hero. he was all alone in this big mean world!

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 1:00 PM  

The average cop is on the same intellectual level as a retarded Basset Hound.

Hey man don't offend hound dogs

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 1:00 PM  

To the contrary, the ISIL barbarians are being quite methodical and thorough about their killing. It is the "civilized" west that gleefully drops bombs that kill haphazardly and then congratulates themselves.

The Islamic State is not barbarian. To the contrary, they are an example of order imposing itself. They have a clear set of rules and they follow them. Those rules simply happen to be different than our civilization's rules.

I would think this would be obvious, considering that I and many others have referred to the conflict with the Dar al-Islam as "the clash of civilizations" for decades.

Anonymous hausfrau December 01, 2014 1:01 PM  

"That may require hanging in a public park on Saturday all young black males caught carrying guns in the previous week. If that’s what it takes, so be it. "

Ridiculous. If there's one thing places like Chicago needs its guns in the hands of non-gang members living in violent neighborhoods. Let blacks form their own militias and police their own neighborhoods. They know their own and who does what. No need for police to pry information from race loyal/intimidated witnesses. Crime would drop dramatically and they wouldn't be able to blame whitey when they went about dispensing street justice.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 1:02 PM  

"That you have yet to name"


http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/ferguson-cop-resigns-receiving-500000-donations/

This number is supported by multiple sources nancy. Google is your friend.

Anonymous ZhukovG December 01, 2014 1:03 PM  

“cutting off people's heads with knives is no civilized! you have to blow them up with million dollar bombs to be civilized.”

Give them time. Hanoi John and Miss Lindsey will give some missiles to some ‘moderate’, anti Assad, Muslims and then ISIL will have them.

Anonymous dw December 01, 2014 1:04 PM  

I attended an HBCU in North Carolina. Not Deep South but definitely not Yankee. I never felt threatened, most everyone I met was polite and friendly or they just left you alone. The idea that Southern blacks seriousy want a race war with whites is laughably absurd.

Blogger jimmy-jimbo December 01, 2014 1:06 PM  

And what support from other police organizations?

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 1:08 PM  

I attended an HBCU in North Carolina

Is you one of them high yella uppity negroes?

Anonymous dw December 01, 2014 1:13 PM  

Nope, paleface. I went there cause it was the cheapest college in town and I didnt want to leave with college debt.

And yes, I took an African Studies class while I was there. That was a riot.

Anonymous Salt December 01, 2014 1:13 PM  

The idea that Southern blacks seriousy want a race war with whites is laughably absurd.

Southern blacks hate the Mexicans as much as the whites, perhaps even more so. It's not a race war we in the south need overly concern ourselves with so much as nature taking its course when the feed trough goes dry. Race will not be the determining factor here in the south.

Blogger jimmy-jimbo December 01, 2014 1:16 PM  

@Nate. You're a clumsy literalist.

"Millions of people are rallying around the dude... to the tune that he'll likely never have to work as a cop again."

But you gave me.

"http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/ferguson-cop-resigns-receiving-500000-donations/"

500,000 is not millions. Poor use of Google.

How is never working again as a cop means it is a good thing for a cop? Is this the support he wanted? And always looking behind his back for those who want revenge.

Anonymous zippo December 01, 2014 1:20 PM  

"Oh spare me your poor pitiful cop bullshit. he's a cop. he's an asshole by default.

As for the rhetorical flourish... don't give me that crap either. he had no idea anyone was helping that poor innocent hero. he was all alone in this big mean world!"

Now you're wandering into the Canyon of Douchebags. This was a union matter, a legal matter, and it doesn't get settled in the Court of Nate. This man was officially cleared of any wrong-doing in a court of law. It was firmly established that he acted appropriately in the line of duty. Whether you think he is an asshole is very much beside the point. There was no breach of his duties as an officer: no scandal, no nothing. It's like he fell on the job and broke his leg. It is understandable that he can no longer patrol the streets of Ferguson, but again: it was legally established that he did no wrong. There is nothing his department can "nail" him for. He is entitled to a severance package, benefits, and perhaps a pension. People don't join the police out of civic duty, they join for the solid benefits. His union is behaving in a disgraceful manner.

I suppose it's possible that his union's PR people are simply putting out the story that he got stiffed, so the vibrants think they screwed him at least on that score, and maybe he's getting his bennies on the sly. But the plain fact is, he is entitled to certain things, and your personal opinion about it does not matter.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 1:21 PM  

500,000 is not millions. Poor use of Google.

"Rallying around" != "donating money." Poor use of logic.

The number of people who support something are at least an order of magnitude greater than the number of people who donate money.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 1:24 PM  

"And what support from other police organizations?"

define support? What organizations have not supported him? he lost his package because he chose to retire.

He has idiots like Hannity praising him every day. Rudy Gulianni even toted his water recently. Practically every conservative in america is supporting him.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 1:26 PM  

He has idiots like Hannity praising him every day. Rudy Gulianni even toted his water recently. Practically every conservative in america is supporting him.

He's going to get a huge book deal and he's going to make a good living as a speaker.

He'll also probably get a gig with Fox News as their police expert or something.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 1:26 PM  

"This man was officially cleared of any wrong-doing in a court of law. "

And what does that have to do with him being an asshole? I think all the evidence suggests he made a good shoot. That doesn't change the fact that he's an asshole. We know he's an asshole because he was a cop.

funny... I haven't seen many severance packages for employees who up and quit.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 1:30 PM  

The Islamic State is not barbarian.
A year ago I asked you to define what made a savage a savage. You said:

Time preferences and inability/unwillingness to adhere to Christian morality and traditional Western European culture.

Now you've adopted a relativist definition of civilized.

Sure would be nice of you to offer us some concise, sturdy definitions- since you opine on the matter frequently.

Blogger Nate December 01, 2014 1:32 PM  

Porky.... c'mon man. you know he was speaking in context of western civilization.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 1:33 PM  

Sure would be nice of you to offer us some concise, sturdy definitions- since you opine on the matter frequently.

Porky, you don't need to be so goddamn passive aggressive.

Just ask him a question, like "hey vox how does ISIS fit into your previous definition of civilization?"

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents December 01, 2014 1:38 PM  

Anyone care to contemplate how the Ferguson, MO. cops will react to the next call involving strongarm robbery of an Asian merchant by a "gentle giant"?

America is overpoliced in some ways, and the "us vs. them" training in too many departmental acadamies is a very bad thing. But having them on the city payroll, yet never quite seeing them show up at a crime scene is not a solution, either. The liberals running NYC may be about to find that out. Make it painful for a cop to bust a thug, and they'll find other things to do, maybe inspect all the donut shops in a given area.

Nobody wants to see the cops show up, untl they really, really want to see the cops show up.

Blogger Thordaddy December 01, 2014 1:39 PM  

Even Fred's point misses the mark as the frame rests solely on self-annihilating "white" liberals and their desires...

But "blacks..."

They want liberation WITHOUT separation, also!

Where is the genuine black Supremacist? The one black man whose determined desire for truth and excellence invokes an automatic separation from his enemies?

He apparently does not exist anywhere on the globe even during those times he needed most.

Anonymous Anubis December 01, 2014 1:43 PM  

What people seem to be missing about the 12yo black boy that a 911 caller who reported him pointing a gun at people was the initial age estimate was 20. Maybe it was someone who saw 17yo Travyon Skittles baby picture used in the media as current, the media needs to stop using baby pictures for full grown non-Asian minorities. The video is compressed, many security videos only show between one frame per second and one frame per 5 seconds to save on memory space as opposed to 60 frames per second of normal video, making the video seem to go faster than it occurred.

I invite any disingenuous liberal to get an airsoft gun like the boy used with the orange fake gun identifier removed, go 20 feet in front of a cop, then pull it out and point it in his general direction. Please have a friend shoot a video of this for us.

Anonymous Stilicho December 01, 2014 1:43 PM  

He is entitled to a severance package, benefits, and perhaps a pension.

Nope...that would depend entirely upon the terms of his CBA, if he has one. Political tarts tossing around gimmedats is no basis for fiscal sanity. Wilson worked a job and earned...wait for it, this is a revolutionary idea... wages. Moreover, the only report I saw stated that he resigned, as in he quit. Now, it's entirely possible that the resignation was coerced in some fashion, but I haven't seen that yet.

Anonymous Tired of it December 01, 2014 1:44 PM  

NFL says no punishment for Rams players protest

Anonymous Tired of it all December 01, 2014 1:48 PM  

Farrakhan wants a race war

Anonymous Tired of it all December 01, 2014 1:50 PM  

St. Louis man beaten to death with hammers by "teens" of unknown race

Looks like Farrakhan's race war already began, but only one side showed up.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 1:51 PM  

Why can't they all be like Blake Sims and just do what whitey tells 'em to do? :)

Anonymous Tired of it all December 01, 2014 1:53 PM  

Liar Obama to meet with liar Sharpton at White House

Guess the last looting session didn't provide enough optics.

Anonymous Anubis December 01, 2014 1:55 PM  

" In 2013, the municipal court in Ferguson — a city of 21,135 people — issued 32,975 arrest warrants for nonviolent offenses, mostly driving violations."
Whites and Asians get caught in speed traps once. Back when I believed in equality a black co worker complained about a racist cop that was targeting him by giving him multiple tickets over a 2 months. I asked him where it was happening. It was the local speed trap where the cop hides behind the bridge & foliage conceals the car.

Anonymous Amok Time December 01, 2014 1:55 PM  

"We have mechanized cotton pickers now, so Blacks are obsolete. Unless protected on reservations, Blacks will go the way of the Neanderthal and the passenger pigeon. They do not compete successfully with Whites. "

If memory serves me, there was an attempt after the Civil War to relocate the freed slaves back to their home soil. I am not sure if it failed due to lack of cooperation or funding. It might be worthwhile to try that again. After all, blacks in America are not happy. It might lift their spirits to have new challenges of carving out a new home. Hard work and all that makes a human strong, productive and satisfied.

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 2:02 PM  

"That is the point. The average cop is on the same intellectual level as a retarded Basset Hound. Let either one get in the habit of using the bathroom on the kitchen floor and you will never break them of the habit. Any time a cop kills a citizen, thug or not, the cop needs his nose rubbed in the feces."

You don't get it. The Gentle Giants of the world are the LAST people you should turn into a martyr.

There are so many people getting killed by cops. Why THIS guy out of all possible candidates to lionize?

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 2:08 PM  

There are so many people getting killed by cops. Why THIS guy out of all possible candidates to lionize?

That's the most frustrating part.

Anonymous De'Onald Rumsfeld December 01, 2014 2:13 PM  


There are so many people getting killed by cops. Why THIS guy out of all possible candidates to lionize?


You goes to riotin' wif de niggas you gots

Anonymous ZhukovG December 01, 2014 2:19 PM  

Amok Time

It was Lincoln who wanted to deport them. John Wilkes Booth put a stop to it.

Anubis

As a former cop, If you get the drop on a cop and draw down on him the following is likely to happen.

1. Eyes Bug Out.
2. Hands Go Up.
3. Bowels and Bladder Empty.
4. Possibly some vaguely Porcine Squealing

Based on the information we have, the shooting of the 12 year old constituted improper use of deadly force. The cops should be charged with negligent homicide

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 2:22 PM  

Porky.... c'mon man. you know he was speaking in context of western civilization.

I've also heard him equate civilization with flush toilets and savagery with grass huts. Of course, by Vox's definition Andrew Carnegie would be considered a savage even though he practically built the entire infrastructure for all those toilets.

I don't think a definition is too much to ask. Certainly we can do better than "anybody with WMD's"

Porky, you don't need to be so goddamn passive aggressive.

Oh, stop being such a toady. You didn't complain when Nate asked "So my friend can't carry a CCW!?!?"





Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 2:31 PM  

Oh, stop being such a toady. You didn't complain when Nate asked "So my friend can't carry a CCW!?!?"

Dude. "Sure would be nice of you" is passive aggressive. Nate's question wasn't.

Anonymous Cash December 01, 2014 2:33 PM  

Gosh Nate. How do you think the blacks in the South became so passive to the white man? It wasn't with chocolate and roses.

Anonymous Cash December 01, 2014 2:36 PM  

@Josh "end the war on drugs "

Why do you want to deprive blacks of so many jobs?

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 2:38 PM  

Dude. "Sure would be nice of you" is passive aggressive. Nate's question wasn't.

Josh....starting a hostile sentence with "Fascinating..." or "Tell us more about..." is pretty much the definition of passive-aggressive.

You simply can't comprehend it when it comes from the object of your toadyism.

Anonymous Curtis December 01, 2014 2:42 PM  

I invite any disingenuous liberal to get an airsoft gun like the boy used with the orange fake gun identifier removed, go 20 feet in front of a cop, then pull it out and point it in his general direction. Please have a friend shoot a video of this for us.

Something has changed. I’m 55. When I was a child, I had a realistic looking WWII Tommy Gun. We used to run all over the neighborhood playing army and pointing our “guns” at people. It was nothing nefarious in our minds. Cops never gave it a second look if they happened to drive by. So what is it? What has conditioned today’s cops to just shoot? I have a copy of the “No Hesitation Targets” flyer that some DHS supplier was selling to the police. I am sure that may be part of the problem, but that originated after the fact. Maybe ex-cop can explain other than it is their training. It has to go deeper than that.

I shudder to think what would happen to me if I was a kid today on the playground with my realistic (from a distance) looking cowboy cap gun.

Drop the gun! Get on the ground!

Huh? What?

Pew-Pew-Pew-Pew-Pew-Pew!

“When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.” – Adolf Hitler

A new camp is being created. And I’ll go with that as the answer.

Anonymous AnalogMan December 01, 2014 2:55 PM  

From the linked article by Fred:

If Jesse and Al and the Black Panthers got their race war, blacks would lose it hugely. The country would not recover.

Does not compute. That, and only that, would almost guarantee that the country would recover.

Anonymous Titus Didius Tacitus December 01, 2014 3:03 PM  

"Civilization" refers to culture that includes the construction and maintenance of cities. It's about built and sustained human geography, together with mastery of the arts needed to make full use of the potential of cities (with libraries, granaries, museums, temples, courts, fixed land titles, sanitation and so on); it's not a synonym for morality. One can be a civilized fiend or a nomadic paragon.

Asians are generally the best at sustained civilization. Not always though. The Khmer Rouge shouldn't qualify. Civilized living, in their Cambodian hell, was whatever was left over from previous builders that Pol Pot and his followers hadn't emptied out and consigned to decay -- yet.

The Islamic State obviously qualifies as "civilization". It's insisting on strict adherence to rules that have under-pinned some level of constructive urban culture in the Middle East for more than a thousand years.

Should America count as "civilization"? Clearly it used to. The Anglo American nation was a great building people.

But they lost power. The new rulers are living off their capital and g-wording them. The new rulers, driven by anti-white animus (and a preference for usury over stewardship), push "urban" policies (as seen in Detroit, Baltimore and many other cities) that might as well be designed mainly to make once-fine cities wholly or partly uninhabitable for whites.

Ferguson is just another illustration among multitudes.

American civilization is essentially whatever the white nation built that the anti-white ruling class has not destroyed yet. White culture is now paradigmatically rural culture. "Urban" means black. And the weak rebuilding after 9/11 can stand for the failure of the new ruling class to build and rebuild in the spirit of the displaced and dying nation.

Should that be called "civilization"? I doubt it.

It shouldn't be called "barbarism" either. It lacks the barbaric virtues.

It's a great parasite that kills the source of every virtue that sustains it. It's evil -- something that doesn't deserve to exist, any more than "civilization" in the spirit of Pol Pot deserved to continue to exist.

Anonymous Will Best December 01, 2014 4:16 PM  

Here's a clue for you retards. Make the drug dealers compete with walmart... and they go out of business like everyone else that competes with walmart.

The problem with the libertarian agenda is it doesn't work in parts. I would rather pay to lock up junkies than to pay for their junkie lifestyle, even if the former is more expensive.

Now if we can get away from subsidizing idiotic lifestyle choices like recreational drug use, single motherhood, black culture, homosexuality, etc. while ending the war on drugs we would be in business.

Anonymous Porky December 01, 2014 4:22 PM  

"Civilization" refers to culture that includes the construction and maintenance of cities.

So is an ascetic monk who studies christian theology in a cave less civilized than the great Aztec chieftains? Are the Amish communities less civilized than the Inca Empire?

Morality must play a part, otherwise the term becomes meaningless and tautological.

Anonymous Will Best December 01, 2014 4:27 PM  

funny... I haven't seen many severance packages for employees who up and quit.

He might have resigned contingent on a buyout, which does happen with some regularity. And nobody would want that to go public, because the blacks would see it as him being rewarded.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 4:34 PM  

The problem with the libertarian agenda is it doesn't work in parts. I would rather pay to lock up junkies than to pay for their junkie lifestyle, even if the former is more expensive.


Would you also rather pay to lock up diabetics because they drink too much coke than pay for their coke drinking lifestyle?

You're already paying for drugs for the people who abuse painkillers.

Anonymous AussieTom December 01, 2014 4:47 PM  

For people wondering why the MSM chose this one case where the shooting was clearly justified to lionise when there are so many more deserving examples? This is the same MSM that observably is pushing an agenda that involves faithfully serving their political overlords and bureaucratic machine.

To ask the question is to answer it.

Anonymous Will Best December 01, 2014 4:48 PM  

Would you also rather pay to lock up diabetics because they drink too much coke than pay for their coke drinking lifestyle?

Yes. In fact, that would probably save us a lot of money because if you can lock them up, alter their diet, and get them exercising its cheaper than dialysis.

In theory, I don't have a problem with people being allowed to live their life however they want, just so long as I don't have to pay for it.

Anonymous tiredofitall December 01, 2014 5:09 PM  

"Not sure how they think this will end well for them." - Difster

Well see the thing about black folks is that they tend not to be long term thinkers. Add in the lower than average IQ, and you'll see a race self-select itself for extinction.

"We have mechanized cotton pickers now, so Blacks are obsolete. Unless protected on reservations, Blacks will go the way of the Neanderthal and the passenger pigeon. They do not compete successfully with Whites." - Discard

We already put them on "reservations", only they're called the projects. And much like the real reservations, life there is shit mostly because left to their own devices both races tend to race to the bottom as fast as they can.

"he isn't arrested for carrying a piece.

Carrying a piece isn't illegal." - Nate

It sure as shit is when you buy it with a couple of crack rocks and a few grams of weed off the street, rather than at a licensed dealer/gun store. Guess which most black folk do?

Also that guy using my name upthread isn't me. So stop using my name, get your own.

Blogger Krul December 01, 2014 5:12 PM  

Porky - Morality must play a part, otherwise the term becomes meaningless and tautological.

A word doesn't have to be moral to be meaningful. "Civilized" can be an objective descriptor, with no judgement implied.

A person could then take the next step and say "Given that the definition of 'civilization' is 'X', it is better to be civilized than uncivilized", or "civilization is better than uncivilized society". These statements would be like saying "it is better to live in a mansion than a tepee", or "a skyscraper is better than a grass hut".

I suggest that the word "civilization" doesn't need moral content for the same reason that the word "mansion" doesn't need it. It can have it, but it doesn't need it to be meaningful. I think that Vox et al are using the word as an objective description of certain social circumstances, not as a moralistic plaudit.

Blogger Josh December 01, 2014 5:28 PM  

Yes. In fact, that would probably save us a lot of money because if you can lock them up, alter their diet, and get them exercising its cheaper than dialysis.

So, lock up diabetics because it's cheaper, but lock up junkies even if it's not cheaper?

Truly, your intellect is astounding...

Blogger Tommy Hass December 01, 2014 6:03 PM  

"The problem with the libertarian agenda is it doesn't work in parts. I would rather pay to lock up junkies than to pay for their junkie lifestyle, even if the former is more expensive. "

You're not very intelligent then.

Also, what makes you think that every drug user is a junkie? You know that pot is hardly crystal meth, right?

Anonymous Tired of it all December 01, 2014 6:06 PM  

tiredofitall
We already put them on "reservations", only they're called the projects. And much like the real reservations, life there is shit mostly because left to their own devices both races tend to race to the bottom as fast as they can.


Until the real estate those projects squat on is too valuable. Then Section 8 gets used to disperse them, like a cancer in metastasis.

Anonymous map December 01, 2014 6:08 PM  

Karl Denninger has an interesting take on Ferguson:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229628

Anonymous PFT Commenter December 01, 2014 6:08 PM  

These damn millenial hipster police officers need to get a damn job instead of protesting like a bunch of filthy hippie communists. Since when are the police look-at-me protestor types? Memo- you swore to Protect & Serve, not to Protest and Selfie. They think there going to change the world well how about they change into a clean shirt first folks. These activist libtard law enforcement officers need to remember that there freedom of speech ends where my right to enjoy high-flying NFL action begins, and I dont take kindly to them injecting themselves into what should be a issue only for NFL fans. Maybe the cops need to take a look at there OWN communitys and police themselves for protesting before they start policing football players for doing it. Roger Goodell is the judge jury AND executioner and dosent need your oversite.

Anonymous Still tired of it all, but won't say so because butthurt December 01, 2014 6:08 PM  


Also that guy using my name upthread isn't me. So stop using my name, get your own.


Ok.

Anonymous bob k. mando December 01, 2014 6:41 PM  

Porky December 01, 2014 8:32 AM
Wrong. Even dumb as dirt amazonian tribes with bones through their noses can maintain order in their communities without the need for some national police force.



the wonderful thing about the Porkstar is that he almost unerringly chooses the single most contravening fact to use as a supposed buttress for his 'point'.

you'd think he was Al Sharpton's brother from another mother or something.

"bone in nose" Amazonian tribesmen have long been known to be among the most murderous societies on the face of the planet, both inter- and intra-tribal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huaorani_people#Recent_history
"At this time, it was estimated that up to 60% of all Huaorani deaths were due to murder."


winning like Charlie Sheen?

winning like Charlie Sheen.

Anonymous bob k. mando December 01, 2014 6:44 PM  

Porky December 01, 2014 8:32 AM
Wrong. Even dumb as dirt amazonian tribes with bones through their noses can maintain order in their communities without the need for some national police force.



the wonderful thing about the Porkstar is that he almost unerringly chooses the single most contravening fact to use as a supposed buttress for his 'point'.

you'd think he was Al Sharpton's brother from another mother or something.

"bone in nose" Amazonian tribesmen have long been known to be among the most murderous societies on the face of the planet, both inter- and intra-tribal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huaorani_people#Recent_history
"At this time, it was estimated that up to 60% of all Huaorani deaths were due to murder."


winning like Charlie Sheen?

winning like Charlie Sheen.

Anonymous tiredofitall December 01, 2014 6:45 PM  

@ Still tired of it all, but won't say so because butthurt

Not butthurt, I had the name first, and have been posting here since the Haloscan days. Google me and this site if you don't believe me.

Blogger ChicagoRefugee December 01, 2014 6:59 PM  

The standard conservative reaction to ferguson was "kill them all."

Interesting. According to my kid I'm so conservative I'm prehistoric and my initial reaction was: "Let's not judge; we don't have the facts yet. Don't let the media stampede you - but cops really need to wear cameras."

He thought I was ... insensitive, maybe? He definitely thought I was wrong.

I don't think he thinks that anymore.

Anonymous Laz December 01, 2014 7:40 PM  

Nate: "Dumbass. the drugs are the relevant factor. Not the gun."

The gun becomes relevant if found alongside drugs.

Anonymous VD December 01, 2014 8:11 PM  

Karl Denninger has an interesting take on Ferguson:

The sky is falling?

Anonymous Will Best December 01, 2014 8:38 PM  

So, lock up diabetics because it's cheaper, but lock up junkies even if it's not cheaper?

Truly, your intellect is astounding...


No, since we live in a world where we give most of our money to a central authority who then redistributes it to the "needy", I am all for jailing people engage in destructive behaviors so that there are less needy. On the blue collar side of thing that includes people driving up transfer payments, and on the white collar side of things that involves recipients of bailouts, those that fail to pay off government backed loans, grants for idiotic "art", etc. That any of the jailing is cost effective is just a bonus.

I don't know why this would be even remotely controversial in a country where people can get fired or have their property taken away from them for "hate".

Also, what makes you think that every drug user is a junkie? You know that pot is hardly crystal meth, right?

What makes you think a drug user that gets caught isn't a junkie?

Anonymous Bob Sacamano December 01, 2014 9:25 PM  

"Ethnic mixing doesn’t work, gang. Not Moslems and Parisians, Irish Catholics and Protestants, Shias and Sunnis, Indonesians and Chinese, nor even New Yorkers and Alabamans."

Did not Fred Reed marry himself a vibrant? Hypocrite.


""bone in nose" Amazonian tribesmen have long been known to be among the most murderous societies on the face of the planet, both inter- and intra-tribal."

//Facepalm

ONE subgroup. Several other Yanomami groups have decided MUCH lower homicide rates.

Key fact #1--The OVERALL violence among the Yanomami tribe ranks far lower for "uncivilized" folk compared to "civilized" folk.

Key fact #2--Tribal violence tends NOT to make the distinction between warfare and murder.

Yanomami Crime Rates


"Civilized" can be an objective descriptor, with no judgement implied."

What a neat rhetorical trick. Too bad that the term when applied has decidedly "right" or "wrong" connotations.


"Make the drug dealers compete with walmart... and they go out of business like everyone else that competes with walmart."

Right. Because drug lords would adhere to the laws of government and the laws of economics if pot, coke, and/or meth are legalized. They'll compete all right...by blowing up Walmarts that dare interfere with their profit margins. Dude, lay off the bourbon.

Anonymous Don December 01, 2014 10:15 PM  

Don't forget that the New Guinea tribesmen while the smartest people on Earth, also are one of the most murderous and cannibally. Stone age people were remarkably murder prone. And gangs of guys crossing a valley to rob rape and murder their neighbor tribe are murderers not soldiers.

Anonymous Barbra Billingsley Speaks Jive December 01, 2014 10:32 PM  

"We have mechanized cotton pickers now, so Blacks are obsolete."

Youz gottsta be kiddin' me!

Whoz gonna supply all dem folks for da prison industrial complex, and all dem social welfare workers a'minsturing all dem welfare programs? Wif out all dat crime and gangbangin' iss much mo diffcult to justify all the militarization and surveillance actions of the po po!

Black folks 'aint obsolete, dey is more nessuhsary den eva ta keep dis country doin what it be doin fo da past hunnert years!!

Anonymous bob k. mando December 01, 2014 10:51 PM  

Bob Sacamano December 01, 2014 9:25 PM
ONE subgroup. Several other Yanomami groups have decided MUCH lower homicide rates.



and those peaceful other sub-groups are what? highland dwelling?

in other words, EXPLICITLY NOT THE AMAZONIANS to which Porkstar was referring. it being, you know, somewhat difficult to be a denizen of the Amazon valley when you're living on a mountain.

from pg 24 of *your own reference*
"Certainly the Yanoama who have moved to sites on or near navigable water are not representative."

IF Porkstar wants to use the highland sub-groups ( who commit murder at an ~11% rate, i dunno, still seems kinda high to me )
THEN he should probably restrict his definition to them.

iow, it's amusing that you're blaming me for Porky's choice of example. but no more than i would expect from either of you.

Anonymous bob k. mando December 01, 2014 10:53 PM  

then again, if you define 'order in the community' as regularly murdering your neighbors ... then i guess Porky's point is perfectly valid.

Anonymous Harold December 01, 2014 11:00 PM  

"Ethnic mixing doesn’t work, gang. Not Moslems and Parisians, Irish Catholics and Protestants, Shias and Sunnis, Indonesians and Chinese, nor even New Yorkers and Alabamans."

My Irish Catholic grandmother married my Scottish Presbyterian grandfather. In Brooklyn, not back in the UK, where such a thing even today is rare. I'm in a similar mixed marriage. (Plus the mix of Northerner and Southerner.) Mixed religious marriages are quite common in the U.S., still quite rare elsewhere. Of course, since Catholics and Protestants are both Christian, a good number of people in the world don't consider it a mixed marriage at all.

Anonymous Jack Amok December 02, 2014 12:22 AM  

Make it painful for a cop to bust a thug, and they'll find other things to do, maybe inspect all the donut shops in a given area.

Unfortunately, that's not what happens. The cops don't spend all their time eating donuts, they spend their time being highly visible hassling less dangerous non-vibrants for dumbass petty offenses. That way when people complain about the high crime rate, the Chief can say yes, it's terrible, but his department is stretched to the max already, and they need a tax increase to hire more cops. The dumbass laws get passed because the legistlators want to look like they're doing something too, so instead of cops cracking down on drunk vibrants shooting up neighborhoods, we get cops cracking down on college students drinking in public and enforcing oppressive anti-gun laws that the vibrants ignore.

Anonymous Bob Sacamano December 02, 2014 12:22 AM  

"Certainly the Yanoama who have moved to sites on or near navigable water are not representative."

The context of this statement refers to distinct Yanomano groups, some of are more prone to murder and some of which are less prone to murder. The tipping point for those groups more likely to commit this brutal act are “caught in a squeeze between adverse influences of civilization”--steel goods, disease, and outsiders. However, it seems that the “stealing of women” seems to be the trigger for murder between tribes. Perhaps you ought to teach them a thing or two about “game”. 

Regardless, the point still stands...the OVERALL violence among the Yanomami tribe ranks far lower for "uncivilized" folk compared to "civilized" folk.

Anonymous Jack Amok December 02, 2014 1:11 AM  

Key fact #2--Tribal violence tends NOT to make the distinction between warfare and murder.

Would the dead be any less dead if someone made the distinction?

Anonymous map December 02, 2014 2:29 AM  

VD,

From Denninger:

The important thing to note is that he described Brown as charging him full-tilt, he shot, and Brown went down face first with his momentum throwing his feet forward up over his back.

That statement, if true, is sufficient to deem the shooting as justified.

But note the fact that this encounter occurred and Brown went down on pavement.

Wilson said he went down at a full run, face-first, with enough momentum to throw his feet up over his back.

Yet the autopsies do not contain any evidence of 300+ lb Brown's face being turned into hamburger by said full-run impact onto the road -- an impact that Officer Wilson says, both on TV and under oath, occurred and to which he was not only a witness but the closest person to it and the person who caused it.

The physical evidence just is. The story told by various witnesses and actors must match the physical evidence or they are either (1) wrong or (2) lying.

Anonymous Porky December 02, 2014 10:07 AM  

"bone in nose" Amazonian tribesmen have long been known to be among the most murderous societies on the face of the planet, both inter- and intra-tribal.

Bob, like many leftists you conflate order with non-violence.

A tribe can settle disagreements with the spear and still maintain an orderly community.

I don't think you or VD understand what a disordered society looks like.

I think that Vox et al are using the word as an objective description of certain social circumstances, not as a moralistic plaudit.

Then he should remove the requirement of morality from his definition.

Anonymous Eric Ashley December 02, 2014 12:59 PM  

Civilized has positive associations because the PTB tended to be so, and they paid for the bards.

I think there is a third or fourth choice rather than Barbarism, Civilization, or Parasitism. Consider the orchard grower, yeoman farmer, or web site operator. Hopefully creating VERY long term value on their own so that with forethought one is able to enjoy the dividends, the peace of the land, and have the time and wealth for supporting the arts and reading.

We live in a world where cities have been exalted for centuries. I suspect there is a better way.

Anonymous Titus Didius Tacitus December 02, 2014 2:52 PM  

Eric Ashley: "We live in a world where cities have been exalted for centuries. I suspect there is a better way."

Maybe so, but while the YKW dominate, we'll never know.

What you describe sounds like an improved, high-tech version of the English squire-ocracy. But the YKW, established legally in England by Cromwell, increasingly dominated in London, and turned King and Parliament ever against the rural, gentile interest and toward enrichment through debt. Locked out of positions of influence by the same sorts of tactics we see today (though in less advanced forms) and with the central power influenced ever to their detriment, century after century, the squires could only wither.

"Live and live" is not a viable option in the face of great intensity and aggression, intelligence, wealth, influence and persistence.

You need a solution for this sort of ethnic / racial strategizing combined with financial manipulation and nowadays with mass immigration policy and the full social justice warrior attack.

For that matter, we all do.

Anonymous tiredofitall December 02, 2014 5:24 PM  

"I don't think you or VD understand what a disordered society looks like." - Porky

I think Vox does, it explains why he GTFO of America when he did.

1 – 200 of 204 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts