Friday, December 12, 2014

The results

Apparently everyone expects Jerry Pournelle to produce the best story in the forthcoming RIDING THE RED HORSE. The results of both polls were as follows:
  1. Pournelle 108
  2. Day 45
  3. Torgersen 28
  4. Nelson 17
  5. Raymond 14
  6. Kennedy 4
  7. Nuttall 7
  8. Rzasa 5
  9. Mays 3
  10. Filotto 3
  11. Cheah 1
  12. Carr 1
As much as I hate to disappoint my most hard-core fans, I regret to inform you that neither my story nor the story I contributed in collaboration with Steve is likely to be regarded as the best, or even the second-best story. It's not that the stories are bad, in fact, they are among the best I have ever written. It's just that the quality of the stories, even from the lesser-known names and newcomers, is remarkably high.

I changed my mind about doing a poll on the non-fiction, because, with the possible exception of Mr. Lind, it's too hard to guess what the author could possibly be writing about.

In any event, if you're a New Release subscriber, you can now decide for yourself.

Labels: ,


Anonymous MadPiper December 12, 2014 12:43 PM  

Just a reminder that I am still not getting my subscription even though personal email from Castalia arrives just fine. I understand Comcast has a history of blocking bulk mail from overseas accounts.

Thanks. Bill

Anonymous VD December 12, 2014 1:04 PM  

Send me an email directly, Bill.

Anonymous Edjamacator December 12, 2014 1:18 PM  

OT: Looks like we're heading for the fall even quicker. Purposely spreading these people out to 49 states is like injecting cancer into different parts of a person's body to take them out quicker.

On topic, the book looks interesting. I am getting my emails and saving them for after Christmas.

Anonymous Rantor December 12, 2014 3:46 PM  

Looking forward to several of these works, great expectations and all that. Read a lot of Pournelle and Niven in High School. Looking forward to some more. Also like Day, Rzasa, and Torgersen. Not sure I've read the others.

Still working on On War and reading Colder War a good book about Putin, economics, and what he is doing.

Anonymous Dave December 12, 2014 5:26 PM  

Received Castalia New Release email; in under three minutes had purchased & downloaded anthology and started reading epub file.

Preface signoff from Geneva, Switzerland? Hmmmm...

Blogger Vox December 12, 2014 7:04 PM  

Preface signoff from Geneva, Switzerland?

The Evil League of Evil was NOT meeting with the United Nations. I repeat, NOT meeting with them. Officially.

Blogger Josh December 12, 2014 11:28 PM  

Uh huh. So when the large hadron collider accidentally creates a wormhole...

Anonymous Tom December 13, 2014 1:21 PM  

I just got done reading EVERYBODY, and Damn, that's some good stuff. Rolf's and Steve's stories were faves, ESR's and Vox's hit me hardest with fears about the coming world, and not one wasn't worth the price of admission alone. If there's any justice, some of these will get recognized come awards time. Alas, "justice" as a term and a concept has been co-opted by folks that will probably hate every story on principle.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts