ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Graphic design needed

A message from Castalia House's art director.

As Castalia House continues to grow we need another graphic design professional to help with cover typography and pre-press needs. Ideally the candidate will have a strong background in graphic design with a love of composition, type, and an understanding of the pre-press process including ICC color profiles, color conversion from RGB to CMYK for the press, and how to read and understand provided print specs and templates. A typical project will include the typography for a cover design with both the artistic cover type over a provided illustration for an eBook cover, and then prepping select covers for printing including laying out the body copy on the cover, designing the spine and back cover based upon the font illustration, and all pre-press work to create a make-ready file for the printer based upon a template. The designer will need to have industry standard software and be able to provide an X-1a compliant pdf for print.

The work and pay is based upon the project and an online portfolio for evaluation of your work is a must. Please email books AT castaliahouse DOT com with COVERS in the subject, provide a link to your work, and include your rates for the work specified above. Not all books will require print layout. If you want to help the Blue SFF revolution and work with a talented and very dedicated team of professionals, this is your opportunity.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Giuseppe January 15, 2015 11:24 AM  

Vox,
I can't PM you from my phone now, but I have a good guy who helped me out before and geographic location means his services are cheap. There is also a direct route because my brother knows him and can call/say hi, etc if required or if it's an urgent issue etc.
Happy to pass along his details if you want. Just drop me a mail if it interests and is still live tonight, and I will forward his details when I get home.

Anonymous NorthernHamlet January 15, 2015 12:20 PM  

VD,

an online portfolio for evaluation of your work is a must

No chance of working anonymously through a paypal amount? How does one scrub a damn sample so you can't be connected? I hate mixing online and real life.

Dammit, I'm going to miss my chance.

Anonymous Viidad January 15, 2015 1:12 PM  

It's times like these that I wish I'd taken a few commercial art classes during the course of obtaining my studio painting degree...

Anonymous Nate Winchester January 15, 2015 1:17 PM  

If it doesn't work out with Vox, (looking at you NorthernHamlet or Viidad) a friend and I are looking for more artists for a game project of ours (board/card not digital). Send samples and your rates to my gmail, "simplegarak" in front of the @.

Blogger LP 999/Eliza January 15, 2015 2:30 PM  

One of these days I might be good enough to apply.

Anonymous daddynichol January 15, 2015 6:35 PM  

I'm out.

Blogger pae young January 18, 2015 9:10 PM  

that beast, look wretched silver cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses swing, how there are so handsome Chu Chen's sister, I so dashing and handsome gentleman why it is a loner. cheap ray ban sunglasses australia Your ray ban aviator sunglasses sale brother in the door, you are looking for him right. cheap cheap ray ban sunglasses australia thought, sale do cheap ray ban sunglasses australia not know ray ban sunglasses sale australia cheap mind, quickly said Feige Ge, sister speak.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts