ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, February 01, 2015

The Divide-by-Zero Left

John C. Wright observes how the other side has transformed over the course of his lifetime:
Something rotten, very rotten has happened to the Left just in my lifetime. They used to be champions of free speech; and now they are its most vehement opponents.

They use to be able to give some sort of argument or logical reason for their position, even if an incorrect argument; now they have no argument, none of them, aside from wild and insincere accusations delivered in a mechanical fashion without any hope of being believed, phony as a three-dollar bill.

They used to be firmly on the side of the workingman; now they hate the workingman as a white racist oppressor.

They used to be in favor of free love and the sexual liberation; now they object to rocket scientists wearing shirts with cartoon women printed on them, they object to science fiction magazines showing a scantily clad warrior princess slaying a monster, and they call all sex rape, and demand strict segregation of women and men. On the same day as these protests, they appear in front of the Pope, writhing on the ground naked with crosses and crucifixes inserted into their vaginas. So the Puritan rules apply arbitrarily, without sense or order, to anyone or no one.

They used to be in favor of Blacks and other minorities; now their disgust for all the impoverished and dispossessed is plain to see. All they want is to keep the Blacks on the plantation, addicted to welfare, addicted to crack, their children aborted, their parents unwed.

They used to be in favor of the Jews, and other minorities; now they kneel to Islamic Jihad at every opportunity, vowing that those who slander the prophet of Islam will no be in the future, and ergo the Left now curse the Jews, and pray daily for the destruction of Israel, and a new Holocaust in the warhead of a Muslim nuke.

What? You say that his the not what the Left says? That they say they are creatures of purity, goodness, and sweetness, who live only to help others out of the depth of their hearts and the depth of your wallet? No, that was the old Left, back when the Left still had some scraps of sanity and intelligence.

They serve Sauron and have forgotten their own names.

They do not say what they are, because, if you listen to them, they say that words mean nothing, that truth is relative, that all civilizations are no better than savagery, that no religion is better than another, and that anything which is not illegal is allowed.  So of course they say they are perfect angels: because the word has no meaning to them, no words have meaning, and telling the truth is not correct. Only political correctness is correct.

Now they have gone fullbore barking moonbat mouthfoaming evil.
To summarize: the answer to the question "is the Left evil or stupid?" is "yes". The truth is what we always expected: they never held the values they professed. They were charlatans; they never had any intention of fighting for free speech with which they disagreed, they never gave a damn about blacks, Jews, homosexuals, immigrants, or science.

All those things were to them were tools. All those things were was a means of attacking that which they hate and want to destroy, Christian civilization in the West. They are literally nothing, they stand for nothing, they seek only to destroy and they have absolutely no more conception of what will come after the fall of Western civilization than Karl Marx did the Worker's Paradise.

It is not possible to compromise with them because there is no middle ground on which to meet them. It is like trying to divide by zero. It's not merely undesirable, it can't be done. Their principles and their objectives are a constantly moving target, always pushing the outer limits, stretching them out further.

Reject them. Don't seek their approval or try to reason with them or hope to win them over through dialectic and discourse. Their sickness is not of the mind, but of the soul.

Labels: ,

151 Comments:

Blogger Remo February 01, 2015 5:49 AM  

In other words they are devils and want to destroy Heaven and Earth and make them both into hell. Then if they actually succeeded in doing this they'd still be miserable, angry, venomous, stupid, and clueless about what they've done. That seems to fit what I've seen for the last 3 decades although I don't think ignoring will work any longer. Fighting them verbally at first and no doubt violently later seems to be the only choice.

Blogger JACIII February 01, 2015 6:18 AM  

I used to think they were the ignorant souls who wanted to achieve heaven on earth. This turned out to be incorrect. The wish to pursue heaven on earth is how they rationalize their evil deeds with evil intent.

Anonymous Eric the Red February 01, 2015 6:44 AM  

The time is coming soon when active resistance and ultimate cleansing of the left's evil will be the only remaining option... not only that, it will be the only just and righteous option.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 01, 2015 6:54 AM  

They used to be champions of free speech; and now they are its most vehement opponents.

That one was always expected.

The absolutist interpretation of the First Amendment was necessary to protect Communists. Now that that is no longer needed. It can be safely disposed of.

Blogger Ben February 01, 2015 7:16 AM  

Reject them. Don't seek their approval or try to reason with them or hope to win them over through dialectic and discourse.

Agree. Life is too short to taint with stupid.

re: JACIII rationalization comment: A former pastor and friend once observed that man generally prefers to make God in his image, rather than the other way around. We certainly see that in many recent developments in the American church.

Anonymous Bah February 01, 2015 7:18 AM  

That they say they are creatures of purity, goodness, and sweetness, who live only to help others out of the depth of their hearts and the depth of your wallet? No, that was the old Left, back when the Left still had some scraps of sanity and intelligence.

Yes. The Old Left of sanity and intelligence. The Old Left of the gulags, the purges, the terror famines, the secret police, and a pile of skulls 60 million people high. Those guys, and their apologists in the West, were the sane ones who wanted to help people.

Anonymous Dirtnapninja February 01, 2015 7:31 AM  

This isn't surprising. The left went insane when the Soviet Union fell. It took a while for this to trickle through the tribe mind, but now its fully on display. The insane left has pared itself down to its base of tyranny, narcissism and hesperophobia. That is why they are so keen on Islam.

Anonymous TLM February 01, 2015 7:51 AM  

Amusing to me that growing up the left never missed an opportunity to defend Russia and lecture us all on the merits of communism. Now they hate Russia and are doing their best to get us to go to war with them.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:30 AM  

What has changed? What has changed is that the Left as achieved almost Total Power in the West. The Left is the Establishment, the Elite.

They used to be champions of free speech; and now they are its most vehement opponents.

This is because the Left is in power, and can do it.

Anonymous Susan February 01, 2015 8:33 AM  

God's opinion of the left is very plain for all to see. The first punishments listed in Revelation are all directed at the earth worshipers when he destroys 1/3 of the land and the oceans/seas by fire and pestilence. When He says no other gods before ME, He isn't kidding.

Rush was right about the communist party. When the USSR fell, they did not "go away". They simply morphed into what is the current Green movement. That is why the left has turned hard left nasty like they have. It's all communism on steroids. Gorbachev never went into retirement, he just went green as an "adviser".

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:33 AM  

What most people prefer not to think about is that we're not going to beat the Left through reasoned debate, we're going to have to kill them.

Sometimes I think all those White men playing violent video games and writing violent SF/F books are just practicing and preparing for what they'll be required to do someday in real life.

Blogger Northern Hamlet February 01, 2015 8:40 AM  

The Left is the Establishment, the Elite.

I came to this conclusion as a young man as I saw the tide beginning to turn within the Left. What was once counter-culture had now become the establishment. It's not so much that there aren't arguments that could be made, it's that we're seeing a group struggle with its own sense of power, a group of individuals who seem like they've never had power before and don't understand it.

Like the fat kid that the teacher puts in charge of the group out of pity. He's drunk with power and fighting over every perceived slight like his new power can eradicate any trace that he was ever out of power or ever could be.

Blogger Salt February 01, 2015 8:45 AM  

The idea of being a train and heading towards the cliff is imagery of Leftism. They once thought themselves the caboose; now they're the engine. It's keeping what they're now pulling connected and in-line. The welfare state giving rise to every social program even yet to be imagined.

The Left is darkly comedic. They are not normal and what they're doing is not natural.

Anonymous jack February 01, 2015 8:45 AM  

In one segment of this 'left' are the trans humanists and their ilk [pardon ilk; I do not demean your/our label here].
I think they demean the bulk of humanity, for at least one reason, that is to better salve over what little conscience that they may have when the time comes to destroy and 'depopulate' what they consider an over burdened planet. If one tenth of their effort and our treasure were spent in exploration of new planets and truly infinite energy sources we would not have to worry about planetary carrying capacity.
Ultimately, it may severely surprise them when any depopulation happens and who will be the guests of dishonor.
IMO

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:50 AM  

While the Christian Right and Tradcons have spent decades pursuing what they perceive as virtue and truth, the Left has successfully pursued power--and achieved it!

The Christian Right and Tradcons have proved themselves inadequate defenders of Western Civilization, and must be replaced with something harder, more brutal, more willing to do whatever it takes, to kill.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:51 AM  

The Right needs to rediscover its killer instinct.

Blogger Rantor February 01, 2015 8:52 AM  

Studying Ezekiel this winter. God sent a man dressed in linen to mark the foreheads of the faithful with an X and the. Following the man in linen He sent six destroying angels to kill the evil men, women and children left in Jerusalem.

A remnant was preserved, both in Israel and in the nations like Babylon where the remnant were prisoners. Prepare to be the remnant.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:54 AM  

Eventually the Churchian pussies and shekel-grubbing businessmen that currently lead the American Right will be pushed aside by a a cohort of Hard Men.

The dawn of Provisional Government of National Restoration (PGNR) will be accomplished through violence, bloodshed, and warfare.

Blogger IM2L844 February 01, 2015 8:57 AM  

"Now they hate Russia and are doing their best to get us to go to war with them."

This is because Russia is beginning to embrace its Orthodox roots (It's why they want Kiev back) and moral absolutism, more than anything else, is the enemy of leftists.

"The Right needs to rediscover its killer instinct."

I'm afraid there will be nothing left worth fighting for before that happens.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:57 AM  

The Christian Right, Conservatives, and Tradcons have betrayed us.

The late William F. Buckley Jr. was one of the biggest frauds, conmen, and traitors this country has ever seen.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:01 AM  

I'm afraid there will be nothing left worth fighting for before that happens.

There's a Remnant.

Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 9:02 AM  

@ Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 8:50 AM

You do not have the moral capacity to understand what you are demanding: you are demanding that we stand with the demonic in order to fight the demonic.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:06 AM  

I demand that you stop being a coward.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 9:07 AM  

Did God really say....?

The Left: No.
The Right: Yes.



Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:08 AM  

If you're not going to fight, then get the f*ck out of the way and let the real men of the West do the fighting.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:13 AM  

It's entirely possible that the Left has triumphed so thoroughly in our lifetime not because good men did nothing, but that there weren't any good men to begin with.

Anonymous PA February 01, 2015 9:19 AM  

I'm afraid there will be nothing left worth fighting for before that happens.

There is plenty remaining to reclaim, and there will still be. Unless you look a White child in the eyes and tell him "I'll do nothing for you" or you look at an Appalachian vista and shrug "I don't want it anymore."

Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 9:21 AM  

Laguna, you are demanding that I worship power to fight against those who worship power: that is demonic.

This nation and has come under judgment because it has turned away from Christ: the growth of false churches - that includes the Babylonian one-, false teachers, and false doctrines; under the false belief that we are to tolerate pagan/occult religions, we have allowed them to attain a stronghold; we have allowed the unrighteous to push us out of the public square, as though practicing the Christian religion is properly confined to one's closet; And now the unrighteous and wicked run rampant over this nation: they have thoroughly given this nation over to the laws of man, not God: they have declared good evil and evil good; and they have denied the godly the right to refuse to accommodate evil. In short, this nation has been given over to a reprobate mind: Obama is the epitome of the reprobate spirit: this nation has become useless and worthless (that is what reprobate means).

Blogger J Curtis February 01, 2015 9:22 AM  

Was just wstching Chuck Todd interview Rep Paul Ryan on Meet the Press. Any time Ryan tried to point out democrat culpability on anything, Todd quickly interrupted him and cut him off ( albeit in a 'nice' way).

NBC is nothing but the full throated cheering section for the democrat party. Pathetic. Walter Winchell wouldn't spit on their hands, much less shake them.

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 9:24 AM  

> What most people prefer not to think about is that we're not going to beat the Left through reasoned debate, we're going to have to kill them.

No. We're going to have to defend ourselves when they try to kill us. Give them time. They're working on it. Remember Obama's words, which Wright refers to above: "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." How do you suppose he expects to accomplish that, given that we slander their camel humping prophet just by existing and proclaiming the dominance of Christ?

> ...but that there weren't any good men to begin with.

All are fallen. But can you really read here on a regular basis and still say that?

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:26 AM  

I'm demanding that you worship nothing.

The source of this reluctance, inability, or refusal to fight is something only you can determine. Don't be afraid to take up the sword.

We're clearly in a situation where just war doctrine applies. not just with respect to the Muslim invasion of our ancestral lands, but more directly to the elites (Left and Right) currently in power in the West.

The rottenness of betrayal runs deep.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:28 AM  

We're going to have to defend ourselves when they try to kill us

Which is another way of saying, we're going to have to kill them.

Stop pussyfooting around.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:28 AM  

But can you really read here on a regular basis and still say that?

Like I just said, there's a Remnant.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 9:30 AM  

If you're not going to fight, then get the f*ck out of the way and let the real men of the West do the fighting.

First, the American people have been preparing for war for some time now; being a free and peaceable people, we are patient and long-suffering; being a Christian people, we do not move until He makes it clear what He wants us to do (possibly, nothing). For those who hear His voice, the promptings of the Holy Spirit are quite clear and cannot be denied; it is unwise to substitute our passions for His directions.

Second, God has a sense of humor and He is just and fearsome and kind and holy. From personal experience, I find that He works where we are not looking. While generalizing from personal experience could be wrong in this case, I find myself thinking that God has the same sort of 'where did that come from?' moment in store for the Left.


Third, I am not a warrior or a tactician or a strategist; you could be right, I could be wrong. It is not fear or doubt that keeps my powder dry, it is something else. FYI.





Anonymous PA February 01, 2015 9:31 AM  

Realistically very few leftists will "need killing". A cathartic Ceausescu-style trial and dispatch of one or a handful of traitors may be all it takes. Most of the white leftists are idiots under a spell that they have the potential of snapping out of. There were no mass killings in Russia when it reconverted form Communism to Christianity. That's the optimistic scenario in any case. It's important to be steeled for a different scenario.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:34 AM  

(possibly, nothing)

How could He not want you to live? I've felt the call for 25+ years. What poison has infiltrated the souls of White men in the West that would forestall the will to live and prevail? Don't call it Christianity, that's for sure.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 9:35 AM  

I'm demanding that you worship nothing.

The source of this reluctance, inability, or refusal to fight is something only you can determine. Don't be afraid to take up the sword.

We're clearly in a situation where just war doctrine applies. not just with respect to the Muslim invasion of our ancestral lands, but more directly to the elites (Left and Right) currently in power in the West.

The rottenness of betrayal runs deep.



I feel like a lesser Hobbit at The Council of Elrond considering the words of Boromir.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:36 AM  

A cathartic Ceausescu-style trial and dispatch of one or a handful of traitors may be all it takes.

Ever the optimist, PA!

Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 9:36 AM  

Yes, Laguna you did ask me to worship power:
While the Christian Right and Tradcons have spent decades pursuing what they perceive as virtue and truth, the Left has successfully pursued power--and achieved it!

If virtue and truth are nothing when faced with the pursuit of power, then you have declared power to be greater and worthier of pursuit.

If you had said that Christian teachers had preachers pursued falsehood and lies and personal power, then your accusation would have had merit.

The greatest lie of the twentieth century was that of the "empty public square:" it was always about the Left bringing their god to rule the square; and they have succeeded...for the time being.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:37 AM  

I feel like a lesser Hobbit at The Council of Elrond considering the words of Boromir.

I hear you. I've been reading too much Frankish history lately. But the situation is probably not too far off the mark.

Anonymous Sensei February 01, 2015 9:38 AM  

It's entirely possible that the Left has triumphed so thoroughly in our lifetime not because good men did nothing, but that there weren't any good men to begin with.

...will be accomplished through violence, bloodshed, and warfare.

I guess you don't see any good men coming down the pipeline either... unless you mean: Good man = willing to kill people for any reason you deem valid.

Which is the opposite of a good man in the western culture you claim to wish to fight for. The Red Horse is not so discriminating. Your way leads to innocent blood crying out for vengeance in the sight of God.

Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 9:39 AM  

"and", not "had."

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:40 AM  

Pursuit and worship are two different things, did you really need me to point this out?

Pursuit of power in the service of truth and virtue. That's probably a more accurate description of our aims, but its rightness is probably a matter not for fighters, but for priests.

Blogger IM2L844 February 01, 2015 9:41 AM  

There is plenty remaining to reclaim, and there will still be. Unless you look a White child in the eyes and tell him "I'll do nothing for you" or you look at an Appalachian vista and shrug "I don't want it anymore."

Well, I just hope we realize that before they start rounding up Christians and feeding them to the lions at half-time shows in MetLife Stadium. There's precedence.

Anonymous CrisisEraDynamo February 01, 2015 9:46 AM  

Regarding the Left and free speech, here is a study stating that political correctness somehow "boosts creativity" in mixed sex groups by reducing uncertainty when speaking.

The NPR article then visibly claims that it can be extrapolated to society at large, even though we discuss a whole lot more than what to do about vacant spaces and the PC norm applies in all things at all times throughout society, not in the highly limited circumstances of the article. Plus, the PC norm has manifestly shut down discussion and intimidated speakers from speaking on subjects having to do with people - just look at any university.

What say you, readership? Is this study total piffle, or does it have a point?

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:46 AM  

They have succeeded because their Christian Right and Tradcon adversaries have consisted mostly of 'girly-men'.

You really have to stand back at a great distance and take a good looks to really discern fully the extent of the pussification of modern men.

Anonymous p-dawg February 01, 2015 9:47 AM  

@Laguna Beach Fogey: Man, you're doing a lot of talking in this thread. Why not do some leading by example? That way, you could demonstrate your principles without having to incite others to demonstrate them for you.

Anonymous Athor Pel February 01, 2015 9:49 AM  

" Laguna Beach Fogey February 01, 2015 9:34 AM

(possibly, nothing)

How could He not want you to live? I've felt the call for 25+ years. What poison has infiltrated the souls of White men in the West that would forestall the will to live and prevail? Don't call it Christianity, that's for sure.
"



It makes absolutely no difference whether a Christian's earthly body is killed or not. The Lord will use it for His purposes. Maybe as a witness of commitment, maybe as a witness of resurrection. But in any case if you strive to save your life by your own hand and only by your own hand you will lose it, completely and eternally.


Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 9:49 AM  

You made an idol out of power.You would be more correct if you said [Use] "of power in the service of truth and virtue.

"rightness is probably a matter not for fighters, but for priests."

No, it is not, not with the Christian. You want a Cromwell; but he is denigrated and hated by the Romanists on this blog; and as the Romanists are now, unfortunately, a major voice in this nation, such will not arise.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 9:53 AM  

(possibly, nothing)

How could He not want you to live? I've felt the call for 25+ years. What poison has infiltrated the souls of White men in the West that would forestall the will to live and prevail? Don't call it Christianity, that's for sure.


He does want us to live and thrive; . I am in the Appalachian redoubt because of His promptings, I have worked with others who are in the Montana redoubt. I have had many a conversation with perfect strangers over what is afoot--we all feel it and see it and talk openly about it.


The same Spirit that prompted my sorry butt up here is prompting me differently now; I get the sense that He has won it and that they will not stand before Him. It quite possibly will require me to fight and die, but I do not get that sense from Him anymore. I sense a big smile on His face as the He makes His presence known to all and sundry. I do know that He will direct the fight if it comes to that. Like I say, I depend on Him and not on my thinking; this is way bigger than I will ever be and my role is to obey Him. He will let me know what and when to act and in which way to act.

When I wrote "(possibly nothing)" it was with the sense that God has something up His sleeve and my role is too witness it.

Note too, that "sit back and watch God do it" is well supported by scriptural examples. Moses did not part the Red Sea, God did.

That said, if God tells me its killing time, then I pray that I have the courage to follow His lead. However, there is a quality to Him that is more real than reality and that cannot be denied and that is useless to fake. Until He says "go" I stay.

Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 9:56 AM  

@ CrisisEraDynamo February 01, 2015 9:46 AM
political correctness somehow "boosts creativity" in mixed sex groups by reducing uncertainty when speaking.

I am going to say PC does not enhance creativity: uncertainty is another way of saying ambiguity: an area wherein creativity and genius excel.

I spent a good portion of Saturday reading Bruce Carlton and his essays on genius. Thank you to whoever put that link up here.

Anonymous PA February 01, 2015 9:58 AM  

Ever the optimist, PA!

In the words of commenter Whiskey (I know, I know...), nobody wants to die for United Colors of Benneton.

Blogger Doom February 01, 2015 9:59 AM  

I believe, if he thought about is s'more, he'd realize they have most certainly not changed.

You merely have to understand what it is the left wants, and that it doesn't matter to them what they have to do to make it happen. Their goals are the same, their methods merely confuse the issue. For example, if they believe they can calmly dissuade certain behavior, modes of thought, or topics from being presented, through simple methods, they will use those. If not, depending on how much power they can pull from people, they will do anything else necessary, including murder some number of people, or one might presume from people like Jim Jones, murder all of them.

At various stages in their access to power they simply change methods. But the goals and what passes for values, do not change.

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 10:07 AM  

Why hasn't someone quoted Tolkien or Samuel Adams yet?

Slackers.

Blogger njartist February 01, 2015 10:11 AM  

Tolkien drank warm ale, not Samuel Adams.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 10:12 AM  

Regarding the Left and free speech, here is a study stating that political correctness somehow "boosts creativity" in mixed sex groups by reducing uncertainty when speaking.

I learned years ago that whenever the Left spouts, "studies show ..." I need to do the opposite.



Anonymous Stilicho February 01, 2015 10:13 AM  

LBF is right. It's only a matter of timing. Conflict is inevitable. Pacifism tastes like slow-boiled chicken.

Anonymous CrisisEraDynamo February 01, 2015 10:16 AM  

@ njartist February 01, 2015 9:56 AM

That's my problem with the article. On the basis of students talking about an inoffensive subject, NPR wants to claim that more censorship makes us freer, so when they punish someone for discussing something not allowed by dogma, they will claim to be increasing freedom of speech when no such thing is occurring. If anything, the study shows that it's better to stay on topic, not that widespread societal censorship boosts creativity.

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 10:18 AM  

> Stop pussyfooting around.

If you don't recognize the difference between self defense and murder, I can't help you any.

Anonymous CrisisEraDynamo February 01, 2015 10:22 AM  

@ simplytimothy

We need to be able to say why the studies are wrong though, since the studies might convince the naive.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 10:37 AM  

@Laguna Beach Fogey.

On a positive note are two articles on the nature of our victory.

William S. Lind's essay at Tradtional Right seems right up your alley. The following from the article caught my fancy:

“And all the nations of Europe are real nations once again,” added Kaiser Karl. “We have reversed the globalist process of homogenization. The British wear bowler hats and take afternoon tea. The French have dinner mid-day and allow two hours to enjoy it. A movement called Retroculture has spread across Europe. Those who join pledge to restore the old ways of their land, their people, in their own lives. Retroculture’s motto is, ‘What worked before can work again.’ And it does.”



Angelo M. Codevilla had another clarifying essay describing what victory over* Bush's "war on terror" will look like. His is the decidedly clear headed, American outlook on our covenantal liberties; my hobby-horse is the deplorable TSA and I quote his point-counterpoint on the matter here:

"Learning to put up with security measures will make us safer, and is a contribution we can all make to victory." On the contrary, security measures will not make us safe, and accustoming ourselves to them is our contribution to defeat. The sign of victory over terrorism will be the removal of security measures


Lind and Codevilla have started the important work of defining what we are fighting for; I expect to see more of this before things get frosty.

*"over" used intentionally, Bush was a freaking disaster for Americans on many levels.

Anonymous DCM February 01, 2015 10:38 AM  

"Reject them. Don't seek their approval or try to reason with them or hope to win them over through dialectic and discourse."

One really has no choice in the matter. As Nassim Nicholas Taleb said in a different context: "It is necessary to engage someone who is wrong, but impossible to engage someone who is not even wrong."

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 10:44 AM  

LBF wrote: "Don't be afraid to take up the sword."

Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

Anonymous VD February 01, 2015 10:59 AM  

Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

In other words, take up the sword when someone is coming at you with a sword, because you're about to die by it either way. Jesus also said to sell your cloak and buy a sword.

Remember, Peter wasn't being attacked or even arrested when Jesus said that to him.

Anonymous Homesteader February 01, 2015 11:27 AM  

"The future belongs to those who show up for it".

Find a worthy woman, if you can. Raise two or more kids. Get dirt and cultivate it. Get weapons and become proficient in their use.
Teach those kids who and what we are, and what we are not. Teach the misguided, where you can. Pray for understanding, or at least peace of mind. His Will WILL be done, regardless.

Anonymous Mr. Rational February 01, 2015 11:29 AM  

Vox and many others here appear to think that science is a thing of the left.  This is obviously wrong.  "Science be racist" and always has been; it wasn't scientists who declared that all the various racial groupings were inherently equal (doing things like throwing James Watson under the bus for speaking the truth, and denying the MEASURED differences in cranial volumes between Africans and Europeans, as the leftist ideologue Stephen Jay Gould did... said measurements since re-confirmed), it was the left's commisars.

You see a similar left/science split on climate policy.  Leftists push "renewable" wind and solar, real climate scientists push hydro and nuclear.

Real, hard science has always been "racist" and "politically incorrect".  Even in those areas where this camp believes otherwise.

Blogger Vox February 01, 2015 11:47 AM  

Vox and many others here appear to think that science is a thing of the left.

You're wrong. Science fetishism is a thing of the Left.

Anonymous bbtp February 01, 2015 11:48 AM  

@PA:

A cathartic Ceausescu-style trial and dispatch of one or a handful of traitors may be all it takes.

Ceausescu's trial was designed to focus the blame for Communism onto two people (him and his wife.) And it worked: senior Communists were able to rebrand themselves as social democrats and to keep on running the country. There was no lustration and most Communist hatchet men never paid for their crimes.

A Ceausescu-style trial would be a serious mistake. What we need are Nurmeberg-style trials, with competent and impartial judges, advocates and hangmen.

--bbtp

Blogger automatthew February 01, 2015 12:10 PM  

"What we need are Nurmeberg-style trials, with competent and impartial judges, advocates and hangmen."

Don't forget the testicle-crushers and Soviet witnesses.

Anonymous sawtooth February 01, 2015 12:20 PM  

"Question authority" has morphed into "kiss the boot of authority you non-elitist nobodies".

Fucking boomer hippies are now displaying themselves as the lying frauds they've been all along.

Anonymous A. Nonymous February 01, 2015 12:32 PM  

This nation and has come under judgment because it has turned away from Christ: the growth of false churches - that includes the Babylonian one-, false teachers, and false doctrines

Didn't Vox recently forbid this sort of passive-aggressive Catholic/Protestant sniping on grounds of counter-productiveness?

Blogger Rabbi B February 01, 2015 12:44 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Rabbi B February 01, 2015 12:48 PM  

When I think of the Left I can't help but think of the Amalekites: base opportunists who worship power. At the end of last week's Torah reading, Amalek is highlighted: "So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. Then the L-RD said to Moses, "Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven." And Moses built an altar and called its name, The-LORD-Is-My-Banner; for he said, "Because the L-RD has sworn: the L-RD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation."

Later in Deuteronomy we are adjured to:

"Remember what Amalek did to you on the way as you were coming out of Egypt, how he met you on the way and attacked your rear ranks, all the stragglers at your rear, when you were tired and weary; and he did not fear G-d. Therefore it shall be, when the L-RD your G-d has given you rest from your enemies all around, in the land which the L-RD your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance, that you will blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven. You shall not forget."

So, the Torah reminds us that this is ultimately not a ground war, but a heavenly one. There is no doubt that Joshua waged physical war with a sword in his hand against a physical enemy committed to wiping Israel out, but let us not forget and let us remember that this war is ultimately fought and won in the heavenlies: as long as Moses' hands were held aloft, Israel prevailed.

The moral future of mankind is threatened not so much by Amalek himself, but by glorifying the memory of Amalek. Glorifying those and the memory of those who have committed themselves to destroying the happiness of mankind by whatever means possible will awaken the desire of future generations to emulate them.

Amalek's greatness lies in the power of destruction. Therefore Moses builds an altar for remembrance, an antithesis to the sword of Amalek, indicating that someday in the future the entire earth will be transformed into an altar to G-d. It is with this altar that the war against Amalek has begun. Moses calls the altar 'Hashem Nisi', 'the L-rd is my bnanner' or 'the L-rd is my miracle,' precisely because G-d is calling us to battle and He is showing us exactly where we are to fight.

A banner is not a weapon, but is employed to show the soldiers the direction and location of the battle. This was an enterprise launched by G-d through Moses. The purpose then is to fight and overcome everything that is unGodly on earth. Our objective is not militant in nature, but rather a defensive struggle where Amalek is ultimately defeated. This is ultimately a war for the complete recognition of G-d's Name on earth, and therefore G-d's direction of history will inevitably mean war against Amalek until the end of the age.

Amalek, and its imitators on the Left, will ultimately be defeated, not by a sword stronger than their own, but by a force augmented by G-d's power, a force rooted in tenacious adherence to the truth and unflappable faithfulness to G-d and His Word. Sans provocation we will continue to be attacked by the Left, simply because they sense a threat latent in us which contradicts their power.

May we never envy or glorify these destroyers of everything, men who are always promising you freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; if by such men a person is overcome, by such men he will also be brought into bondage. They feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; they behave as raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

Remember to blot out his memory . . . do not forget.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 12:52 PM  

Vox wrote: "In other words, take up the sword when someone is coming at you with a sword, because you're about to die by it either way."

No. A thousand times, no. Peter did not take up arms when they came to crucify him. Paul did not take up arms before he was beheaded. Stephen did not take up stones when the came to stone him. Polycarp did not wield a flamethrower before he was burned.

To take up physical arms is to deny the message of Christianity - that nothing - not even death - can kill us. Nothing can stop our Risen King.

Furthermore, taking up arms works against the proclamation of the Gospel in the long run. When you display a willingness to kill one group of people, eventually, other groups will understand that you might come after them some day.

"Jesus also said to sell your cloak and buy a sword."

For what purpose? To kill those who would take your cloak? For protection against nature?

It is the job of Caesar to protect its citizens. And, if Caesar won't do it, well, Christianity outlasted Rome. It will outlast this current time.

Blogger dfordoom February 01, 2015 12:58 PM  

Great article, but there is one thing he's wrong about. "They used to be firmly on the side of the workingman." The Left has hated the working class since the First World War, when the working classes chose loyalty to fight for their countries rather than joining the glorious communist revolution.

Since that time the Left has had no interest in the dictatorship of the proletariat. What they want is the dictatorship of the intelligentsia. One of the reasons the Left is so keen on the welfare state is because it destroys working-class communities and demoralises the working class. Always remember that the Left is driven purely by hate, and has been for at least a century.

Anonymous Jack Amok February 01, 2015 1:04 PM  

Their leaders are power-mongers who want to lord over the rest of us. Their followers are consumed by envy and wish to destroy everything they can't have.

What most people prefer not to think about is that we're not going to beat the Left through reasoned debate, we're going to have to kill them.

I agree. Not all of them, but a bushel fucking basket-full of them. Enough that the rest go back to slinking in the shadows.

I'm afraid there will be nothing left worth fighting for before that happens.

If nothing else, the power to choose how to rebuild and the freedom to not live under the Left's thumb are both well worth fighting for.

OpenID cailcorishev February 01, 2015 1:04 PM  

So the Puritan rules apply arbitrarily, without sense or order, to anyone or no one.

This is a false note in an otherwise good description. It's not arbitrary at all. I could post a comic strip containing a religious joke, or the summary of a book that's coming out, or the results from a recent election, and we could all accurately predict how leftists would react to it. That's because there very much is an order to it, and we all know what that order is.

They're not crazy or acting at random. As Evan Sayet said, if it were random, they'd accidentally get something right once in a while. Their positions change over time, but in a predictable way based on circumstances. Free speech was useful to them when they didn't own the medium; now that they own it and have the power to decide what speech is allowed, it works against them, so it's out. It makes perfect sense.

Blogger dfordoom February 01, 2015 1:09 PM  

Laguna Beach Fogey said:

The Christian Right and Tradcons have proved themselves inadequate defenders of Western Civilization, and must be replaced with something harder, more brutal, more willing to do whatever it takes, to kill.


I mostly agree. Not necessarily more brutal, but certainly more ruthless. More prepared to use any method that will work. And more prepared to sow discord amongst the Left. The feminists, the LGBT nutters, the greens and the atheists are uneasy bedfellows at best. We've already seen some very entertaining cat fights between the feminists and the trannies. We need to encourage that.

Blogger dw February 01, 2015 1:17 PM  

@Rabbi B

That was epic.

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 1:28 PM  

> Furthermore, taking up arms works against the proclamation of the Gospel in the long run. When you display a willingness to kill one group of people, eventually, other groups will understand that you might come after them some day.

As I said to LBF, if you can't tell the difference between self defense and murder, I can't help you.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 1:38 PM  

James Dixon wrote: "As I said to LBF, if you can't tell the difference between self defense and murder, I can't help you."

That's not the issue. The issue is whether Christians are called to self-defense, or not. IMO, the Gospel and self-defense are polar opposites. Jesus didn't engage in self-defense, even though He had a legion of angels at His command. Are we greater than our Master?

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 1:50 PM  

> IMO, the Gospel and self-defense are polar opposites.

And IMO, you're incorrect. Others can decide for themselves.

Blogger dfordoom February 01, 2015 1:55 PM  

One of the things that worries me about so many Christians is their fatalism. They seem to believe that God will do the job for them, will smite their enemies for them. But the Lord helps those who help themselves.

I don't think violence is the answer. But I don't think that sitting around and waiting for God to destroy our enemies will work. Leftists did not destroy our civilisation by just sitting around and waiting for the forces of history to do the work for them. They made it happen.

Blogger dfordoom February 01, 2015 2:02 PM  

I see no reason why we shouldn't be prepared to make short-term tactical alliances with anyone who can be useful to us. Islam for the most part has the same enemies that we have - atheism, hedonism, modernism, materialism, consumerism, degeneracy, feminism. Encouraging Islam to see the Left as its real enemy might be worthwhile. After all the long-term plan for the Left is to undermine and destroy Islam the same way they undermined and destroyed Christianity. That makes the Left and Islam natural enemies. And, you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And while I think violence on our part would be counter-productive, when Islam takes out degenerate leftist scum like the Charlie Hebdo crowd I don't mind cheering them on.

Anonymous A.B. Prosper February 01, 2015 2:06 PM  

wrf3, The Bible disagrees with you. All quotes using KJV because I'm old school

Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

which sound like "pointy end goes in the other guy" to me

Also the reason Jesus didn't ask for a legion of angels to help is dying was his job. Him simply laying waste would never have achieved his message and mission . He had to die for mankind.

Another quote Mathew 10:34

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

So, war and self defense are perfectly Christian things.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:06 PM  

James Dixon wrote: And IMO, you're incorrect. Others can decide for themselves.

The Gospel is that Jesus died for me, lives for me, and defends me. He does the work for me. So tell me why I'm incorrect.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera February 01, 2015 2:12 PM  

I'm with njartist.

Anyway, if we're talking practical measures rather than emotional warmongering, then I'd advise LBF to starve them out. Set up some borders, bleed off the productive folks, and let the leftists eat each other. Starvation is the oldest and best weapon, if killing's really what you want. Disease is a good runner-up.

Anonymous Jack Amok February 01, 2015 2:14 PM  

IMO, the Gospel and self-defense are polar opposites.

A religion that tells it's followers not to defend themselves wouldn't have survived 2,000 years.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:16 PM  

A. B. Propser wrote: Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Sure, but not a sword made of metal, but a sword made of words. Why do you think the Left is so against free speech? "Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." [Gal 6:17, NRSV. I'd go old school and use Koine Greek, but fewer people know that than the King's english].

which sound like "pointy end goes in the other guy" to me

Killing other people isn't the only thing a sword can do. And, when the disciples produced two swords, He did say "that's enough."

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 2:16 PM  

The issue is whether Christians are called to self-defense, or not.

They are.

Here is St. Peter practicing self-defense in Acts

“And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him” (Acts 12:7–10).

St. Peter was in jail under the auspices of lawful secular authority.
God busted St. Peter out of jail.
At that point, St. Peter was breaking the law. Per your take on a Christian's role in this world, the right thing for St. Peter to do would be to turn himself back in to the authorities. St. Peter did not.
As a consequence of St. Peters self-defense, the guards in charge of guarding him where killed by the state.


Let's recap.
St. Peter breaks the law by breaking out of prison.As a result of his disobedience, two innocent guards where slaughtered by the state. The obedient actions of St. Peter, led to the death of two innocent men that St. Peter could have prevented by being disobedient to God.

I argue that St. Peter's actions are self defense (the use of weapons is not relevant to the principle) and that the example God set's forth with St. Peter is a general one and that the introduction of the use of arms is an irrelevancy to that principle.

That is one example.

There is also the issue of Christian government and its use of arms in ordering civil society against predators; this example obliterates your argument that the use of force only belongs to Caesar and not to Christians as the two are the same.

We could then introduce The Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates where the battle is between different levels of government--one lawful the other unlawful; since both 'are Caesar' both are (in your view) entitled to the force of arms, however, the doctrine extends all the way down to the individual.

Your pacifist position is a wide-spread one in Christianity-earnestly held by good people; I do not think it holds up to scrutiny.





Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:18 PM  

Jack Armonk wrote: A religion that tells it's followers not to defend themselves wouldn't have survived 2,000 years.

A human religion that tells its followers not to defend themselves might not survive 2,000 years. But God does not need us to defend Him. His Son was killed, but He didn't stay dead.

No wonder "Christianity" is so weak if Christians go around doing things the world's way in their own strength.

Blogger Robert What? February 01, 2015 2:20 PM  

"anything that is not illegal is allowed"

Excellent post, but I have to take issue with the above. Under the Leftist statists who have been running the government for the past half-dozen years, pretty much everything is illegal on the books. Every one of us is in violation of numerous federal laws and regulations every day. Oh, except abortion - that is OK.

Anonymous Toby Temple February 01, 2015 2:21 PM  

But God does not need us to defend Him.

Nice strawman you got there.

This is not just about self-defense.

Do you even understand the logical conclusion of your retarded belief against defending using force?

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:23 PM  

SimplyTimothy wrote: Per your take on a Christian's role in this world,...

Please don't go putting words into my mouth. I have no problem disobeying secular authority if it contradicts why my Master tells me to do. After all, Peter told the authorities "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

That's not the same as killing people.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:25 PM  

Toby Temple asked: Do you even understand the logical conclusion of your retarded belief against defending using force?

Since my understanding isn't necessarily your understanding, why don't you say what you actually mean to say, instead of engaging in guessing games? And then we can see whose understanding is congruent with Scripture, and whose isn't.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:29 PM  

SimplyTimothy wrote: The obedient actions of St. Peter, led to the death of two innocent men that St. Peter could have prevented by being disobedient to God.

And that, in a nutshell, is what's wrong with your position.

Anonymous Toby Temple February 01, 2015 2:30 PM  

Who's playing the guessing game. wrf3?

These are your words:

To take up physical arms is to deny the message of Christianity - that nothing - not even death - can kill us. Nothing can stop our Risen King.

No need to guess what your understanding is. You would never take up physical arms. PERIOD.

Now try to stop typing and think for a minute and find out if you will never have any reason at all to take up physical arms.

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 2:34 PM  

> So tell me why I'm incorrect.

Because you're picking and choosing passages which apply to specific people at specific times an not to everyone across time. Like I said, others can decide for themselves.

But why would I want to convince you? You've made your decision. I have no reason to try to change it.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:38 PM  

Toby Temple wrote: No need to guess what your understanding is. You would never take up physical arms. PERIOD.

You really do everyone a disservice when you try to put words in my mouth.

"We should not take up arms to defend ourselves" does not equate to "we shouldn't take up arms to defend others. And, if you had paid attention, you would have seen that I wrote "It is the job of Caesar to protect its citizens."

I haven't said anything about whether or not Christians should be a part of the secular government. At this point, the only argument I care about is whether or not Christian individuals should defend themselves with the sword. The answer is clearly, "no."

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 2:42 PM  

James Dixon wrote: Because you're picking and choosing passages which apply to specific people at specific times an not to everyone across time.

Then show me the passages that apply to the here and now. I have no problem being shown to be wrong.

But why would I want to convince you?

Why do you think it's you that convinces anyone? Instead why not cite God's word and let God do the convincing? Stop this passive-agressive nonsense and make your case. If it's in the Bible, you should be able to present something, even if it's incomplete.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 2:53 PM  

@wrf3

That's not the same as killing people.

In your view, then there is no continuum along the line of individual self-defense from 'fleeing in self defense' to 'killing in self defense'. Is that a fair statement?

Anonymous Toby Temple February 01, 2015 2:53 PM  

No one is doing anyone a disservice other than you,wrf3. You are even doing yourself a disservice by not paying attention to what you say.

This is what you said earlier:

To take up physical arms is to deny the message of Christianity - that nothing - not even death - can kill us. Nothing can stop our Risen King.

To take up physical arms. PERIOD.

You even went further and said:

Furthermore, taking up arms works against the proclamation of the Gospel in the long run.

Then you even start building strawmen like these:

The issue is whether Christians are called to self-defense, or not.

But God does not need us to defend Him.




OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 2:54 PM  

James Dixon wrote: Because you're picking and choosing passages which apply to specific people at specific times an not to everyone across time.

Then show me the passages that apply to the here and now. I have no problem being shown to be wrong.


/facepalm

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 3:03 PM  

SimplyTimothy wrote: Is that a fair statement?

Of course not. Paul presenting his case before Agrippa is an example of valid defense. Vox's "... take up the sword when someone is coming at you with a sword, because you're about to die by it either way." is not.

This isn't hard.

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 3:06 PM  

> I have no problem being shown to be wrong.

Your entire posting history here argues otherwise, wrf3.

Now, I don't have a problem with that. The best of the Ilk are all rather arrogant, myself included. It's one of our characteristic faults. But it does mean there's not much point in trying to change our minds on issues we've already decided on.

> Why do you think it's you that convinces anyone?

In point of fact, I don't. I can't point to a single case in which I can show I've convinced anyone over the years. That doesn't mean that someone somewhere won't find one of my posts helpful sometime. If only in a "there but for the grace og God" sense.

> Instead why not cite God's word and let God do the convincing?

God doesn't need me to cite his word. He's got others who are far more capable than I am for that task. And the word is readily available for anyone who wants to check.

It's merely that I can't let such a blatant misinterpretation of his word (IMO, of course) stand without voicing a disagreement.

> Stop this passive-agressive nonsense and make your case.

What's passive aggressive about simply disagreeing?

> If it's in the Bible, you should be able to present something, even if it's incomplete.

If I had the time and inclination, sure. I don't have either.

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 3:23 PM  

James Dixon wrote: What's passive aggressive about simply disagreeing?

"You're wrong" (aggressive) "but I don't have the inclination to present why" (passive).

Blogger James Dixon February 01, 2015 3:41 PM  

> "You're wrong" (aggressive) "but I don't have the inclination to present why" (passive).

Then I guess my entire existence must be a passive aggressive assault on your identity, wrf3.

Seriously, not every position needs to be argued ad īnfīnītum. Sometimes a simple, I disagree is all that's called for.

I don't have a problem with your position. There's a well established pacifist strain in Christianity. As you've noted, it even has some basis in scripture. There's are reasons it's a minority position though.

Anonymous Stilicho February 01, 2015 3:44 PM  

Mmmmm.. pacifism... still tastes like chicken.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 3:54 PM  

This is interesting.

By your examples, I infer that Christianity is always a hounded group of Apostles at the mercy of the world. The Church has not multiplied and there is no Christendom to defend; we can also infer that said Christendom is illegitimate being it arose partially from the use of arms.

You have not dissuaded me from my position which is that the Christian use of arms is justifiable on Christian principles supported by Scripture and the nature of the living God who is even now transforming our Church into His image.


OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 4:14 PM  

@James Dixon wrote:
I don't have a problem with your position. There's a well established pacifist strain in Christianity. As you've noted, it even has some basis in scripture. There's are reasons it's a minority position though.

+1

Anonymous Giuseppe February 01, 2015 4:44 PM  

In other words, take up the sword when someone is coming at you with a sword, because you're about to die by it either way. Jesus also said to sell your cloak and buy a sword.

Precisely. I don't know if it's your Red roots or my Trojan ones, but while not my first choice, I think we both (as I think do many ilk) feel that dying with a sword in your hand and fighting is certainly a better way to go than while running or begging.

Anonymous Anubis February 01, 2015 5:44 PM  

If you wait to pick up a sword until after you have been drinking poisoned well water for a week you will lose.The Bolsheviks killed 65+ million white Christians by taking away peoples guns and then taking away their food, including seeds, forcing them to starve to death. The enemy of the West is willing to poison wells and import diseases like it did with TB/ EV-68 /measles. Dan Savage licked actual doorknobs at republican offices when he had the flu. Soros is after peoples guns and their food supply. Bath House Barry has forced the shutdown of most Mormon canneries as they store a years worth of food so they can be prepared for famine.

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 6:16 PM  

WRF3,

If I swung by your house and proceeded to rape your wife and gut your kids would you take up arms to stop me?

Or would you hide in the corner sucking your thumb? Does your wife know she can't depend on you to defend her and your children from rape and murder?

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 6:33 PM  

Sgt58/Animal Mother asked: "If I swung by your house and proceeded to rape your wife and gut your kids would you take up arms to stop me?"

Without hesitation. Is there some part of self-defense you don't quite grasp?

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 6:38 PM  

Ok now I'm Muslim. Do you defend your family then?

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 6:54 PM  

Sgt58/Animal Mother asked: "Ok now I'm Muslim..."

Changing your identity doesn't change my answer. I will protect the innocent.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 7:10 PM  

So wrf3 unequivocally recognizes and supports the use of force of arms at the primary level of Christian government--the family; let's see if he supports it at the community level where his wife and children are participants at a school function at it is attacked by suicidal Mohammedans such as happened in Russia several years ago. My bet is that he will say, 'yes'.

Anonymous Toby Temple February 01, 2015 7:15 PM  

Without hesitation. Is there some part of self-defense you don't quite grasp?

wrf3, when you posted this:

Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

Did you even bother to reread the story there to know whether Peter was defending himself or someone else?

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 7:21 PM  

SimplyTimothy... (I'm on my phone, texting my daughter, and watching the Superb Owl. So I'll be brief)

Your question changes nothing. I will protect the innocent. I will not take up arms to protect myself.

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 7:28 PM  

I thought you weren't going to take up arms?

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 7:30 PM  

WRF3,

You won't defend yourself? Why don't your children deserve to grow up with a father?

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 7:30 PM  

Sgt58/Animal Mother...

I'll ask again. What part of self-defense do you not understand?

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 7:36 PM  

I understand it but you don't, since you will readily bare the neck to your oppressor.

OpenID simplytimothy February 01, 2015 7:38 PM  

SimplyTimothy... (I'm on my phone, texting my daughter, and watching the Superb Owl. So I'll be brief)

Enjoy the game and good night

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 7:50 PM  

Sgt58: so if someone wants to kill you because you're a Christian (assuming that's the case), you'd kill them first?

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 7:55 PM  

If someone attacks me while yelling "Aloha Snackbar" I will kill him.

Anonymous TheVillageIdiot(Ret.) February 01, 2015 9:04 PM  

Inside every Left wing puppet Master,
every Left wing puppet,
every feminista, sodomista, apeist, etc.
Is a Totalitarian,screaming to get out.
Ready to relight the ovens,and stand guard at the oven doors.

DannyR

Anonymous paradox February 01, 2015 9:30 PM  

So wfr3, you're okay with suicide? Because self-defense is legitimate for the same reason suicide is not. Life is a gift from God. Christ has offered me to follow Him to the point of martyrdom. However, it's not a requirement.

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother February 01, 2015 9:33 PM  

Saying there is going to be persecution simply means people will hate you and come after you. When are we instructed to do nothing?

Blogger wrf3 February 01, 2015 9:49 PM  

paradox asked: So wfr3, you're okay with suicide?

No.

However, it's not a requirement.

There are a whole lot of saints who have disagreed with you. Stephen, Peter, James, Paul, Polycarp, Ridley, Latimer, ... and I'm ashamed that I don't have more names on the tip of my tongue.

Nobody wants (or should want) to be a martyr. Even Jesus asked that that cup pass from Him. But being the innocent target of evil is a greater witness than the evil itself.

Blogger Tommy Hass February 01, 2015 10:29 PM  

"They used to be in favor of the Jews, and other minorities; now they kneel to Islamic Jihad at every opportunity, vowing that those who slander the prophet of Islam will no be in the future, and ergo the Left now curse the Jews, and pray daily for the destruction of Israel, and a new Holocaust in the warhead of a Muslim nuke."

....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shabbos goyim (in the figurative sense) are absolutely despicable. I mean, John has the excuse that his wife is of the hooknosed tribe, but that drivel?

Does he live in a parallel universe where the leftist establishment that owns the media DOESNT hound "anti semites" like a terrier going after rats?

Blogger Tommy Hass February 01, 2015 10:31 PM  

http://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/1016-crimes-of-the-jew-that-led-to-the-holocaust/#entry17065

Here, John.

Blogger Tommy Hass February 01, 2015 10:43 PM  

"How do you suppose he expects to accomplish that, given that we slander their camel humping prophet just by existing and proclaiming the dominance of Christ?"

I would gladly watch you and people like you get tortured to death.

You don't slander him by not believing in Islam. I suggest you look up what the verb "to slander" means.

Also, I SERIOUSLY hope you're not trying to imply that Obama or leftists would actually attack people who insult him.

Blogger Tommy Hass February 01, 2015 10:48 PM  

"We're clearly in a situation where just war doctrine applies. not just with respect to the Muslim invasion of our ancestral lands,"

I know you worship the Lord of Lies, but I will repeat it until you turn green in the face: there is no Muslim invasion. Immigrants who come because you let them in are not invaders. I know you are a bloodthirsty, unclean vermin that wouldn't mind killing every single one of us, but don't lie to yourself by pretending that you're resisting an invasion.

Wanna stop Muslim immigration? Vote for parties that wish to end Muslim immgration.

The reality is, most westerners don't care enough about it enough to vote for them. In Germany, the protests against Islamization have been a failure in all cities but one. They were drowned out by their opponents. Hell, I felt bad and actually defended them as I feel that they do have a point.

But for the love of all that is holy, do not pretend that everyone is like you. They aren't.

Blogger Tommy Hass February 01, 2015 10:59 PM  

"I see no reason why we shouldn't be prepared to make short-term tactical alliances with anyone who can be useful to us. Islam for the most part has the same enemies that we have - atheism, hedonism, modernism, materialism, consumerism, degeneracy, feminism. Encouraging Islam to see the Left as its real enemy might be worthwhile. After all the long-term plan for the Left is to undermine and destroy Islam the same way they undermined and destroyed Christianity. That makes the Left and Islam natural enemies. And, you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And while I think violence on our part would be counter-productive, when Islam takes out degenerate leftist scum like the Charlie Hebdo crowd I don't mind cheering them on."

Now this I like.

One cannot ignore that muslimfanatics DO go after Christians. It would be foolish to let in Muslims in your country if you aren't Muslim.

But this medieval, Crusade type of rhetoric is preposterous. End support to Israel and the anti western animus will drop like a boulder.

That won't be the end of it, but it is a necessary step. I would also not care much if jihadists chilling in the West got the Long Knives.

It is a shame there can be no co-operation or an eye to eye type of siutuation.

Anonymous Stilicho February 02, 2015 12:06 AM  

tldr: invitations to Muslims, like herpes, are forever.

Anonymous Stilicho February 02, 2015 12:17 AM  

Pacifism is the last refuge of cowards. And churchianity.

Anonymous Mr. Rational February 02, 2015 12:37 AM  

I do believe the filter has stopped automatically deleting everything I post.

Wanna stop Muslim immigration? Vote for parties that wish to end Muslim immgration.

Which US parties are those, specifically?

End support to Israel and the anti western animus will drop like a boulder.

Bull****.  The Barbary pirates attacked the newborn USA's shipping and enslaved our sailors/passengers because "it is commanded by their Prophet".  Being nice to them is weakness; you must kill them if they so much as look at you sideways.  Islam must be crushed, then it will die off.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2015 12:47 AM  

> I would gladly watch you and people like you get tortured to death.

That's fine, Tommy. The feeling is mutual.

> You don't slander him by not believing in Islam. I suggest you look up what the verb "to slander" means.

I know what it means, Tommy. I didn't say by not believing in Islam.

Blogger dfordoom February 02, 2015 2:03 AM  

Tommy Hass said:

It is a shame there can be no co-operation or an eye to eye type of siutuation.


The alliance between the Left and Islam is bizarre and it can only end in tears. You're talking about two belief systems that not only have nothing in common - on most issues their values are diametrically opposed.

On the other hand an alliance between conservatives (and I don't count neocons as conservatives) and Islam makes sense. There's lots of common ground. Both believe in tradition, in respect for religion, both distrust moral relativism, both are suspicious of militant atheism, both are suspicious of the Left's advocacy of cultural and social degeneracy, both see feminism as the evil that it is, both think global warming is a load of old rubbish.

And there's the added bonus that a conservative-Islam alliance would make liberals' heads explode and would decisively outflank the Left. For Islam it would offer an alliance with people who are not (generally speaking) bigoted atheists who want to abolish all religions. It's really an obvious and ideal match.

Anonymous Giuseppe February 02, 2015 7:43 AM  

Wrf3,
You might not reply to this, as you might not see it, but your position makes no sense.
In order to successfully rape your wife and kids, all the rapist killer has to do is attack you first. Since you will not defend yourself, you then leave your loved one to the tender mercies of your killer.
Logic is not just a good idea. It's kinda a God given thing you know.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2015 12:07 PM  

> On the other hand an alliance between conservatives (and I don't count neocons as conservatives) and Islam makes sense.

Well, except for that little "convert or die" thing they're in to.

Blogger Dewave February 02, 2015 3:59 PM  

"It is the job of Caesar to protect its citizens. And, if Caesar won't do it, well, Christianity outlasted Rome"

What if Caesar is a Christian?

Must he also stand aside, embrace pacifism, and hope someone else will protect him?

Blogger Dewave February 02, 2015 4:06 PM  

"That's not the issue. The issue is whether Christians are called to self-defense, or not. IMO, the Gospel and self-defense are polar opposites. Jesus didn't engage in self-defense, even though He had a legion of angels at His command."

You should try reading the old Testament sometime!

Also, Jesus makes it plain that he had the right and the power to deploy said legions of angels, but that he voluntarily forebore doing so in order to be a sacrifice to save mankind. Your death of course will not save anyone, including yourself.

Blogger Dewave February 02, 2015 4:24 PM  

"After all the long-term plan for the Left is to undermine and destroy Islam the same way they undermined and destroyed Christianity."

I wouldn't be so sure of this. Why do we think that the world will attack false religions as vehemently as they attack Christianity? Atheists and those believing in false religions serve the same master.

Anyway it is abundantly clear the left has a visceral hatred of Christianity but will roll over and play dead when confronted by Islam.

Blogger Dewave February 02, 2015 4:31 PM  

"Your question changes nothing. I will protect the innocent. I will not take up arms to protect myself."

A man shows at your house. He ties up your wife and daughters and announces his intention to kill you, but not them.

Do you take up arms to defend yourself or calmly submit to your fate?

Blogger dfordoom February 02, 2015 5:27 PM  

I wouldn't be so sure of this. Why do we think that the world will attack false religions as vehemently as they attack Christianity? Atheists and those believing in false religions serve the same master.

Because no other explanation makes sense. The only religion that the Left in western countries has had to confront so far is Christianity. It makes sense that the Left believes that if they can destroy Christianity so easily and so completely then they can also destroy any other religion that opposes them, and do so just as easily. And the Left has to destroy (or neutralise) any religion that gets in their way, religion being the biggest single threat that they face. The Left's aim is to leave people with nothing to serve except the State, nothing they can rely on except the State. That means they have to destroy the family and in order to do that they must destroy or neutralise religion.

Their hope is clearly that they can turn Islam into Episcopalianism, Episcopalianism being atheist socialism with just the faintest tinge of a vague woolly feel-good pantheist spirituality.

If they cannot neutralise Islam then in the long term they're in deep deep trouble.

Christianity can effectively be left out of the equation. It's now so insignificant that it can for all practical purposes be ignored. Genuine conservatives (ignoring neocons and libertarians) are a tiny minority. That leaves Islam as the only force capable of opposing the Left. They might not be the sort of ally we'd really like to have but they're the only potential ally we have, especially now that we have an atheist socialist Pope.

Blogger dfordoom February 02, 2015 5:38 PM  

Sooner or later the Leftists will realise they've made a fatal error in regard to Islam and that Islam is not going to surrender as cravenly as Christianity has done, and they are then going to turn on Islam. They will have no choice. It will be a fight to the death. My biggest fear is that conservatives will be tempted to ally themselves with the Left.

And it's already happening. I've already heard supposed conservatives express the view that we must oppose Islamisation because OMG they are being mean to the gays. Or OMG they oppose feminism. Well I for one have no intention of fighting Islam in order to further the homosexual or feminist agendas.

An alliance with Islam would be tricky and it's not something I would particularly look forward to. An alliance with the Left would be fatal, and evil, and would spell the complete ruin of civilisation.

Sometimes you have to make a choice between two not very enticing prospects. The lesser of two evils.

OpenID cailcorishev February 02, 2015 6:31 PM  

And the Left has to destroy (or neutralise) any religion that gets in their way, religion being the biggest single threat that they face. The Left's aim is to leave people with nothing to serve except the State, nothing they can rely on except the State. That means they have to destroy the family and in order to do that they must destroy or neutralise religion.

You have it backwards. The Left's promotion of the State is a means to the end, which is the destruction of everything Good, including Christianity and the family. If Christianity and other Good things like the family were ever destroyed, the Left wouldn't need the State anymore. By the same token, the Left doesn't mind Islam because Islam isn't Good.

I've already heard supposed conservatives express the view that we must oppose Islamisation because OMG they are being mean to the gays.

That's because conservatives don't understand either one. They actually think they need to point out to leftist groups like gays that Islam wants to kill them, as if they don't already know that. "Why don't gays/Jews/women speak out against these people who want to kill them? I guess we need to post more videos of Muslims killing them on Facebook." It doesn't matter. Leftist gays will always hate the Christian who doesn't want them to marry more than the Muslim who wants to behead them, because the only enemy that matters is Christianity.

Blogger dfordoom February 02, 2015 7:39 PM  

The Left's promotion of the State is a means to the end, which is the destruction of everything Good, including Christianity and the family. If Christianity and other Good things like the family were ever destroyed, the Left wouldn't need the State anymore.

I strongly disagree. Virtually all the evil in the world is caused by people with good intentions. Hitler didn't wake up every morning saying to himself, "What evil things can I do today?" He woke up each morning asking himself what he could do that day to make the German people happier and healthier. The problem with Leftists is that they're not evil as such. If they were they'd be easy to deal with. Their problem is that they're spoilt cosseted children. All of us, when we're young and stupid, think we could make the world a happier and better place if only the grown-ups would let us. A healthy person grows out of that nonsense. Leftists never grow out of it. And there are no grown-ups left to stop them.

Leftists genuinely believe that when all children are taken from their mothers at birth and raised in a state-run child-raising facility that those children will grow up to be happy. They genuinely believe that people will be happier once the government has the power to make all their decisions for them. They genuinely believe that family life makes people miserable, and that unlimited access to every imaginable sexual perversion in unlimited quantities will make people happy.

Leftism is infantile and hyper-feminised behaviour. Hugs will solve everything. If you don't want a hug you need to be sent to a re-education centre where you will be taught to want hugs, for your own good.

The future is not a boot stamping on a human face forever. The future is a crowd of vacuous empty-headed overgrown children wanting to suffocate us with group hugs forever. Orwell was wrong. Huxley was right.

And the Left will never ever abandon the State. How could they? They couldn't survive for five minutes without the Nanny State to tell them how to think, how to feel, how to behave. Re-read Brave New World. Once their victory is complete and all dissent has been eliminated people will be even more dependent on the State.

because the only enemy that matters is Christianity.

Again I disagree. Everything outside the State is the enemy. Christianity was merely one obstacle that needed to be removed. Every other obstacle that they encounter will be dealt with in the same remorseless manner. The only reason the Left hesitates in attacking Islam is that it's potentially a much tougher enemy. They need to make the State much more powerful before tackling such an enemy. What they haven't considered (because they're only overgrown children and they ignore any realities that are unpleasant to them) is that Islam might be an enemy too powerful for them to deal with.

They will proceed against Islam slowly and cautiously, relying on their absolute control of the schools and the media, slowly but surely conducting their relentless propaganda war.

Blogger TheCitadel February 04, 2015 8:05 PM  

The state had two primary enemies, patronomy and theonomy. That is why there has been a two-pronged attack on both masculinity and religion. Destroy these, and you can have your eternal revolution of degeneracy

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts