ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

The virus spreads


Now #GamerGate is spreading into fitness and media. It's a pity David Pakman didn't stick to the topic at hand, as I made a prediction about #GamerGate that is already beginning to come true. The anti-SJW offensive is spreading out from games into books and other industries.

The SJWs took the cultural high ground. But due to their being centralized, they have a very limited ability to respond to the 4GW tactics being utilized by the various #XGates.

Labels: ,

103 Comments:

Blogger D. Lane April 25, 2015 12:25 PM  

DISQUALIFY should be a potent weapon in this arena.

Blogger pdwalker April 25, 2015 12:39 PM  

It's a beautiful thing.

Anonymous fish April 25, 2015 12:40 PM  

Mind the gap Vivian!

Anonymous Girl Watcher April 25, 2015 12:41 PM  

Subtle hint of camel toe, very nice.

Wonder how the landwhales will try to rationalize this?

Anonymous Stingray April 25, 2015 12:48 PM  

Do you think this could be the beginning of the stand off? Could games really be the line that was drawn in the sand?

It makes sense. It was the last vestige of peace men were allowed.

Anonymous Scintan April 25, 2015 1:02 PM  

Do you think this could be the beginning of the stand off? Could games really be the line that was drawn in the sand?


The left is finally turning on itself. That's the key to victory for the right. The right has been fighting itself for decades, while the left has been relatively unified, and the right has been getting its ass kicked as a result.

That's changing now, as evidenced by things like the closing of the Michigan Womyn's festival and the vicious fight for preeminence at the victimhood table.

If (and it's a big if) the right can get unified instead of having its moderates selling it out all the time, the current inertia can be reversed.

Blogger D. Lane April 25, 2015 1:06 PM  

Do you think this could be the beginning of the stand off? Could games really be the line that was drawn in the sand?

Certainly. Over the past 4-5 years, the SJW brigade has amply demonstrated that it recognizes no boundaries. It especially doesn't respect the boundaries of "noncombatants." #Gamergate merely blew the lid off the whole affair by making a public spectacle of the SJW philosophy - it's incoherence and tyrannical nature.

SJWs are easy to ignore when it comes to larger issues. Most people naively dismiss them for being a member of what they believe is an intellectually comedic political faction. But, when said comedians start attacking people for the triviality that is their preference of video game and actually impacting the industry, they begin to appreciate the seriousness of the threat. Doubly so when they subsequently realize the exact same principles that define SJWism are strongly represented elsewhere: Hollywood, the church, TV, books, education, etc.

Anonymous Geoff April 25, 2015 1:17 PM  

@GirlWatcher, good eye.

Blogger Henry Smith April 25, 2015 1:30 PM  

Apologies for being clueless, but I don't get it. There's a British ad campaign featuring a pretty girl in a bikini, and some of the feminazis and SJW's are whining about it. What it got to do with Gamergate?

Blogger darkdoc April 25, 2015 1:31 PM  

The right has been fighting itself for decades, while the left has been relatively unified, and the right has been getting its ass kicked as a result.

The right has demanded conservative purity (look at the comments about the current Repub president candidates already, and is willing to dump anyone who does not conform to a strict definition), where the left has usually circled the wagons to defend any libprog of almost any definition. Look at the SJW's of science fiction defend, or at least refuse to criticize child sexual molesters.

It does appear, though that they are starting to feed off each other. It is not to be assumed yet to be fuly baked into the cake. The attacks by GG and the Pupies/Ilk must continue relentlessly, without a glimmer of mercy.

Blogger Noah B April 25, 2015 1:34 PM  

Nice.

Blogger James Dixon April 25, 2015 1:35 PM  

> What it got to do with Gamergate?

http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php/Vivian_James

Anonymous Godfrey April 25, 2015 1:37 PM  

We're waging an intellectual guerilla war.. The SJWs are learning it's much easier to undermine a society than to rule it. And we're learning how much fun it's to be the the rebellious counter-culture.

We're here, we're normal, and we're not going away!

Anonymous Scintan April 25, 2015 1:44 PM  

The right has demanded conservative purity (look at the comments about the current Repub president candidates already, and is willing to dump anyone who does not conform to a strict definition), where the left has usually circled the wagons to defend any libprog of almost any definition.

The problem on the right has not been a demand for ideological purity. That's a bullshitclaim argued by leftists and RINOs. The problem on the right has been the moderates and RINOs breaking ranks. Senators like Snowe, Collins and Chafee are good examples.

Blogger D. Lane April 25, 2015 1:52 PM  

What's it got to do with Gamergate?

See also: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/25/protein-world-the-body-shaming-protest-that-turned-decidedly-ugly/

Blogger maniacprovost April 25, 2015 2:04 PM  

If (and it's a big if) the right can get unified instead of having its moderates selling it out all the time, the current inertia can be reversed.

I disagree with this. The Left, especially the SJWs, is "unified" because they are som completely irrational and splintered. They can promote higher spending, lower taxes, lower prices, highly paid union workers, and rising stock markets, all while denouncing Wall Street, Main Street, and the culture of the same union workers. It's because they are splinter groups that they can fight effectively in each individual arena. It's primitive tribal warfare, which the 2GW Conervative Establishment could never match.

The left could divide and conquer because they do not have the basic sense of aesthetics that demands self-consistency between different topics.

4GW, to my understanding, wipes the floor with tribal warfare, because it is even more highly organized than a centralized command would be. It is logically organized at the grass roots level. The tribals are organized by emotions. They may be able to swarm like a flock of birds, and evolve like germs, but they cannot think like a network.

Blogger Noah B April 25, 2015 2:06 PM  

OMG -- "online feminist magazine Vagenda"

Parody is pointless.

Anonymous Porky April 25, 2015 2:08 PM  

Strange bedfellows with radical feminist anti-white-male patriarchy group.


Blogger Noah B April 25, 2015 2:09 PM  

So this is basically a counterattack against those who demand that Victoria's Secret have models that wear tent-sized undergarments.

Anonymous Stingray April 25, 2015 2:10 PM  

maniacprovost,

That add campaign makes me wonder if someone finally wised up and had the courage to use the SJW's eternally offended meme against them. How many more people have now heard about that protein supplementation because the SJW's went full retard again?

Blogger overcaffeinated April 25, 2015 2:13 PM  

"The problem on the right has been the moderates and RINOs breaking ranks."

Correct. For example in the UK, when it's the "Conservative" party that pushed through "gay marriage," something is wrong. That's why they're bleeding votes to UKIP.

Anonymous Scintan April 25, 2015 2:15 PM  

I disagree with this. The Left, especially the SJWs, is "unified" because they are som completely irrational and splintered. They can promote higher spending, lower taxes, lower prices, highly paid union workers, and rising stock markets, all while denouncing Wall Street, Main Street, and the culture of the same union workers. It's because they are splinter groups that they can fight effectively in each individual arena. It's primitive tribal warfare, which the 2GW Conervative Establishment could never match.

No, it's because they generally don't shit on one another, and use teamwork instead. The homosexual lobby teams with the feminist lobby who teams with the environmentalist lobby who teams with the immigration lobby, etc... They've been doing it for decades, even at their own expense (see the black faction for the most obvious example).

Anonymous Godfrey April 25, 2015 2:19 PM  

The problem on the right is that they are, for the most, normal and have a life. For the left life IS politics. It's literally all they have. They're enormously shallow broken people.
.

Blogger Henry Smith April 25, 2015 2:37 PM  

The left may consist of enormously shallow broken people, but they are extremely dangerous. They are responsible for immeasurable human suffering, death, and destruction throughout history. They must be utterly defeated and suppressed for civilization based upon human freedom and happiness to flourish.

Blogger Henry Smith April 25, 2015 2:40 PM  

And thank you for the information about "What's it got to do with Gamergate?" The CEO of Protein World, speaking in the wake of the SJW attacks: "We’ve added 5000 new customers. Sales are booming." Wonderful!

Anonymous Scintan April 25, 2015 2:42 PM  

The problem on the right is that they are, for the most, normal and have a life. For the left life IS politics. It's literally all they have. They're enormously shallow broken people.

Show me all the blue dog Democrats in Congress today. And, seriously, stop kidding yourself about the differences between left and right in the U.S.. They are generally very small, and there are a whole lot of broken and shallow people on both sides of the political 'aisle'.

If you want to see an example of the problems on the right, take a look at the Free State Project.

Blogger JDC April 25, 2015 2:49 PM  

All protein world has to do is form a subsidiary called Carbohydrate World, change the picture, and re-word the meme to read, "Are You Beached Body Ready?" That will include all the SJW's who were body shamed, and threatened by a shapely and bikini ready body.

Anonymous Starets April 25, 2015 3:02 PM  

@Noah B

"...Victoria's Secret have models that wear tent-sized undergarments."

I believe that would be called 'Barnum and Bailey's Secret'.
A spin off brand for the 'big and beautiful'. Lols.

Blogger Ken April 25, 2015 3:10 PM  

Since beached whales often have high blood pressure, I think I'll buy a tub of protein powder, just to further infuriate them and exacerbate their condition.

JDC: Brilliant. We need a meme of this.

Blogger Jay Lucas April 25, 2015 3:17 PM  

"I believe that would be called 'Barnum and Bailey's Secret'.
A spin off brand for the 'big and beautiful'. Lols."

The other day I started referring to the SJW rallies as circus jerks instead of circle jerks. Now... this. My God, what if this was the reason we had circuses all along: to siphon off the crazy...

Anonymous Soga April 25, 2015 3:20 PM  

Scintan wrote:
No, it's because they generally don't shit on one another, and use teamwork instead.

Actually, they do shit on one another. The problem is that those leftists like eating shit. Like you said... the black faction. Look at how despite being shat on like crazy, they still play for the blue team.

GamerGate has black people in it because those black people are tired of that game.

Anonymous Steveo April 25, 2015 3:27 PM  

In order to include SJW sensibilities, a scale of comparison between Beach Body Ready Art & Beached Body Ready Art should be measured in Cheetohs.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey April 25, 2015 3:36 PM  

#fitshaming

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey April 25, 2015 3:37 PM  

9/10 would bang.

Anonymous Difster April 25, 2015 3:37 PM  

Wouldn't it be excellent if a chain of clubs for straight men only popped up? I don't mean strip clubs, I mean true men's clubs. No women allowed on the property.

The terms of membership would ensure confidentiality, and protect against obtaining a membership for fraudulent purposes, etc.

Everything from city and suburban clubs, to sprawling estate clubs.

Watch the feminists howl in protest.

Blogger Jay Lucas April 25, 2015 4:08 PM  

@ difster - Re: Men's Clubs

Caught the Ken Burns documentary on prohibition a month or two ago. (Netflix) And it was interesting the roles alcohol serving establishments played in working class and masculine culture, as well as politics.

Anonymous B Lewis April 25, 2015 4:23 PM  

I know I'm probably alone in this, but I don't like it when somebody tarts up Vivian. I don't know why. I just prefer her in her usual state.

Blogger Mark Citadel April 25, 2015 4:34 PM  

Yes, the momentum continues. But remember, the SJWs are only target practice, they are the fringe frontline sentries. Once we send them running back to their masters with tails between their legs, then get ready for a real fight. I'm talking UAF thugs firebombing your house and anti-hate speech lawyers dragging you into court. Be prepared. This is only the beginning.

Blogger traderdoc April 25, 2015 4:34 PM  

That's a bullshitclaim argued by leftists and RINOs. The problem on the right has been the moderates and RINOs breaking ranks. Senators like Snowe, Collins and Chafee are good examples.

OK. I make a statement, you counter it, then go right ahead and prove my point by telling me how 3 supposed conservative Senators are not really conservative and pure enough - to quote you, " they are moderates and RINO's ... breaking ranks." Next time read carefully before talking.

I really Don't Care about politicians or RINO's or any of them. I was talking about MPAI voters, not defending politicians.

I think pretty much anyone on the national political scene is a a lying, self-serving piece of shit.

Blogger john black April 25, 2015 4:58 PM  

"9/10 would bang."

No, she has freckles and shes probably a slut who will divorce rape her husband. 2/10 would bitch about it to dalrock

Anonymous fish April 25, 2015 5:03 PM  

UAF thugs ....?

Blogger Bard April 25, 2015 5:04 PM  

Are they "Beached Whale Body" ready?

Anonymous Ricky-Ticky-Tango April 25, 2015 5:05 PM  

This sort of thing always cracks me up. These are the idiots who keep waving Darwin at you to make you think you're stupid, but who somehow always fail to understand that the real message of Darwin is, "vive la difference!"

The guys who demand a girl who has a "beach body" and its appropriate requirements, are exactly the sort of guys who are in turn themselves demanded by a "beach body" girl, who in her own rightful status requires that her man knows what a left hook is, and how to properly use one in a situation that threatens her safety.

I grew up in a rather dangerous place, and I never once walked down the street with a hot chick on my arm, who wasn't convinced that I was ready, willing and able to inflict death on people who might threaten her. What she offered in reply was that she was really hot. I believe Be Bop Deluxe wrote a song on this theme, called "Fair Exchange."

Anonymous Wyrd April 25, 2015 5:07 PM  

Watch the feminists howl in protest.

Tempest in a B-cup.

Blogger Doom April 25, 2015 5:18 PM  

Yeah. I have either been seeing more things regarding GG, or my mind is wrapping around the concept and making things that weren't meant that way into it. Further, when they try to put up an anti-GG flurry of something, all it does is advertise GG, and positively. They were only affective when they stayed in the shadows and kept everyone adverse to their groupthink out. Gig is up.

It would be as if .gov and .soc had slipped meat out of the daily daily. And I had just stopped eating where meat wasn't present, and got used to it. All of a sudden, a backlash and meat started becoming publicly available in very select locals but easily and often. Once my hunger started, and expectations grew, no amount of propaganda or shame or other shit can put that genie back in the bottle. Broken, the bitches back is, as Yoda might suggest. The Meat Wars have begun, and it's becoming delicious.

You may place your order when you are ready. Yeah, I'll have a brisket and pork roast sandwich, with bacon, and some more meat. Yum!

Blogger CM April 25, 2015 5:26 PM  

Noah B

So this is basically a counterattack against those who demand that Victoria's Secret have models that wear tent-sized undergarments.

I could be wrong, but i think most of the hype on models is that they want that "plus-sized" model in that sports illustrated issue to be the standard VS model (i think most men agreed she was hot) while the the Tent-sized panty ladies are representative of plus-sized models :p

Anonymous Geoff April 25, 2015 5:34 PM  

Is Vivian James over 18?

Asking for a friend.

Anonymous Strange Aeons April 25, 2015 5:43 PM  

@Wyrd
+1

Anonymous Xander April 25, 2015 6:11 PM  

Gamer gate supporters need to peek outside their little bubble. If they do, they will realize they are part of the fringe of an inconsequential fringe.

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother April 25, 2015 6:14 PM  

Mark Citadel,

Yes, we're aware of the second line behind the SJW pickets. Have you heard of The Dread Ilk?

I've had police crosshairs on my chest on several occasions. Have you?

OpenID thenoisyrogue April 25, 2015 6:21 PM  

How fantastic that the company concerned didn't back down and do the usual cowering before the onslaught. I can only hope that this sets a precedent and encourages others in the free market to start fighting back against the SJW horde.

Blogger D. Lane April 25, 2015 6:25 PM  

Gamer gate supporters need to peek outside their little bubble. If they do, they will realize they are part of the fringe of an inconsequential fringe.

A fringe of what segment of society, exactly? The fundamental principles upon which the movement legitimizes itself are shared by an overwhelming number of people.

Or are would you have us believe that relevant events (such as tanking media ratings and mass counter-protests to leftist shenanigans) are wholly separate from the grievance that characterizes #Gamergate?

Anonymous T14 April 25, 2015 6:28 PM  

Ha. Athletes will not prove as easy a target as doughy nerds. They are punching too far up on this one.

Anonymous Harsh April 25, 2015 6:42 PM  

Gamer gate supporters need to peek outside their little bubble. If they do, they will realize they are part of the fringe of an inconsequential fringe.

Hmm, it's interesting then that Gamergate has caused so much consternation among the SJW crowd, being so inconsequential and all.

Blogger Salt April 25, 2015 6:43 PM  

they will realize they are part of the fringe of an inconsequential fringe

I'm sure Gawker's accountants would agree.

Blogger Krul April 25, 2015 6:59 PM  

B Lewis,

Although this is clearly supposed to be Vivian, this character really doesn't convey the same personality as Vivian. She doesn't have Vivi's sardonic expression for one thing, and Vivi really isn't the type to strut her stuff in a bikini.

I sort of think of this as a different character, like a sister maybe, who is less into games and more into fitness.

Anonymous Soga April 25, 2015 7:14 PM  

they will realize they are part of the fringe of an inconsequential fringe

I'm sure Gawker's accountants would agree.

Also, Protein World is currently printing money. Their sales TRIPLED because SJWs were getting sand in their panties over Protein World advertisements.

Please, do bite harder on that pillow, Xander. It'll be over, soon...

Blogger So Meh April 25, 2015 7:54 PM  

Nice push back from "Protein World". endure the predictable SJM "Two Minutes Hate" and enjoy the increased sales.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/25/protein-world-the-body-shaming-protest-that-turned-decidedly-ugly/

Anonymous rubberducky April 25, 2015 8:04 PM  

D. Lane, thanks for that Breitbart link, that was great. It's hard to believe that "Anarchista Barista" protestor guy on Twitter is actually out there on the webz openly calling for Protein World headquarters to be attacked with hammers and brazenly threatening their employees. One day I fear that man may be introduced to the concept of "blowback", which would be fun to watch, but not pretty.

Anonymous Xander April 25, 2015 8:18 PM  

Tad is a faggot nigger with AIDs.

Anonymous AnalogMan April 25, 2015 8:54 PM  

James Dixon April 25, 2015 1:35 PM

> What it got to do with Gamergate?

http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php/Vivian_James


Thank you. As my daughter would say, that is "ossum".

Anonymous Stg58 / Animal Mother April 25, 2015 8:55 PM  

Xander, was that a Freudian Slip?

Tad?

Blogger Sleepy April 25, 2015 9:29 PM  

OT: there's a term that describes how it's faster/easier to get advice if you get someone to prove you wrong, rather than just ask. For example

"A asks question, waits for another party to answer" is less optimal than

"A asks question, B gives flagrantly wrong answer, and then other parties rush in to correct B to A's benefit."

What is that term?

Blogger IM2L844 April 25, 2015 9:56 PM  

"Gamer gate supporters need to peek outside their little bubble. If they do, they will realize they are part of the fringe of an inconsequential fringe."

Knock-knock.
Fuck off. We don't care. That's who.

Anonymous DeepThought April 25, 2015 10:04 PM  

A request:

I just watched Justified, a critically acclaimed FX series. it was sold as old school modern western. I found it to be like Game of Thrones but set in Kentucky.
Characters had:
No Integrity
No sense of honor
Anyone with any morals dies
Worse - All are stupid. People betray each other and it doesn't matter to others.
The men act in a fashion that defies belief when it comes to their women. Women betray their men, shoot their men, cheat on their men and the men just take them back and act like nothing happened.

Why the hell was this show even considered entertaining? I do not watch much TV but can someone tell me why this show was "critically acclaimed"?

Anonymous p-dawg April 25, 2015 10:13 PM  

@Xander: How's it feel to get beaten by an inconsequential fringe of a fringe? That must sting like a bitch.

Blogger D. Lane April 25, 2015 10:24 PM  

Why the hell was this show even considered entertaining? I do not watch much TV but can someone tell me why this show was "critically acclaimed"?

Does it support the approved narrative: [y/n]

You have your answer.

thanks for that Breitbart link

No problem.

Anonymous Wyrd April 25, 2015 10:33 PM  

Yesterday's Tom Sawyer didn't get high on God or government. How lame the current batch of progressives are.

OpenID malcolmthecynic April 25, 2015 11:08 PM  

Why the hell was this show even considered entertaining? I do not watch much TV but can someone tell me why this show was "critically acclaimed"?

Mostly because from your description it seems as if we must have been watching two different shows.

There is absolutely no way for me to make you a convincing argument if that is how you feel about it.

Anonymous a nony mouse April 25, 2015 11:09 PM  

ive been reading vox day nearly daily for 12+ years, tho i seldom comment. i remember posting here several years back, posting a link to SJWs lying their asses off on reddit (their main sub is ShitRedditSays, if anyone cares). at the time, no one here knew what an SJW was, and i was berated for supposedly attempting to enlist the ilk in my own personal internet comment battle

no hard feelings on my part, as i know how it mustve looked. but its very validating to see the man himself now recognizing and regularly writing about the SJW bullshit. vox's line that 'SJWs always lie' is correct. we've all run into liars, we all have lied ourselves. but ive never seen a specific group of people that lied so regularly and shamelessly

their dishonesty is the most identifying characteristic, even moreso than their politics. their shit is like, dilbert levels of dishonesty. youd expect to see this in a cartoon, not in person. when i first encountered it, i had a hard time believing they were serious

so thats my bit, im an admitted fan boy of vox, and glad to see him and the ilk have come around SJW thing and are making a much larger splash against it than i ever could. oh, and i fuckin told you so years ago

Anonymous zen0 April 25, 2015 11:22 PM  

@ a nony mouse

..so thats my bit, im an admitted fan boy of vox, and glad to see him and the ilk have come around SJW thing and are making a much larger splash against it than i ever could. oh, and i fuckin told you so years ago

That's nice and all, but Vox was on the case in 2004, if not earlier.

How to argue like a Liberal

Note that both examples in the article start with "make an untrue statement".

Anonymous Vile Disgusting Evil Minion From Hell April 25, 2015 11:26 PM  

That Vivian reminds me :

Red on the roof, fire in the hole

Obvious bikini wax, although those gingers have silky pubic hair, unlike some of the more savage genetic mixes. Would hope not too much was removed.

Anonymous Stg58/Animal Mother April 25, 2015 11:28 PM  

Gingers are good from head to toe. Trust me.

Anonymous zen0 April 25, 2015 11:31 PM  

A female british aquaintance told me that the crotchal phenomenon exhibited by the Vivian was called "chewing her knickers"

Has a certain ring to it.

Anonymous a nony mouse April 25, 2015 11:40 PM  

@zen0

vox has been on the case at least ever since i found him back in like, 2002. when fark.com linked to and mocked his WND column, and i followed the link fully expecting to read the rantings of a loon and ended up thinking the man made a really good case

but the SJW thing, that is a recent development of his. you could argue that its just liberalism, and hes been arguing against portions of that for years. but the SJWs are their own special brand of crazy and are worth classifying into their own category. and regarding that- vox and the ilk have only been after them since GG broke

Anonymous Anubis April 25, 2015 11:45 PM  

"SJWs, is "unified" because they are som completely irrational and splintered" "they generally don't shit on one another"

They are unified in their hate of white males & hiding when each side shits on each other. Look at the Rolling Stones fake rape when ThinkProgress posted several gang rapes to prove they happen on campus they did their best to hide the fact they where Black on white college gang rapes for black vs. feminists. Feminists carry water for blacks despite the fact they have the most to fear from them.

One big advantage SJWs have is their side doesn't have to work for a living, giving them lots of free time & taxpayer paid obamaphones.

Blogger Poor Guy April 26, 2015 1:07 AM  

Some are tweeting that Denver Comic Con might boot out those with "offensive" shirts (Gamergate?)

Denver Comic Con ‏@DenverComicCon 2h2 hours ago

We have heard your concerns and are working on a reply. We will release it soon.

(That was 2 hours ago)

Blogger Double E April 26, 2015 1:26 AM  

"Ha. Athletes will not prove as easy a target as doughy nerds. They are punching too far up on this one."

Don't be so sure. The NFL and other sports entities have wilted in front of the SJWs as pathetically as anyone. The "doughy nerds" have been the first group to stand up to them, because they had nothing to lose. They were already looked upon as losers by women and others, so cries of misogyny and threats of being ostracized from a group they were never in didn't scare them.

The situation is different with successful, popular athlete types.

Blogger Poor Guy April 26, 2015 2:37 AM  

Seriously Denver Comic Con??

"If someone feels they have been harassed it is harassment."

and you know enforcing this is going to be a one-way street

Blogger bob k. mando April 26, 2015 2:55 AM  

Geoff April 25, 2015 5:34 PM
Is Vivian James over 18?



a real man would know that the true answer to this question is, "Georgia, Hawai'i, Missouri ( marriageable at 15 ) or New Hampshire ( marriageable at 13 )".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

ahem, i know this because a friend asked.

yeah.

that's the ticket.

>.>

<.<

Blogger epobirs April 26, 2015 3:03 AM  

When someone takes the time to declare something inconsequential, it isn't.

Anonymous B Lewis April 26, 2015 3:06 AM  

Krul: Thanks. I know it's kind of strange to feel protective of a completely imaginary character.

As I have gotten older, my attitude toward young women has shifted from "oh la la" to more of a fatherly/avuncular state. I still recognize feminine beauty, of course, but I less and less frequently look upon coeds with the same predatory eye I once did. Neither is it any dilution of my Precious Bodily Fluids -- the plumbing's working just fine. I guess that at age 50 I just no longer see les jeunes filles as peers or potential partners, but rather more as sweetie-pies who need to be defended from the sort of horny, slick player that I used to be.

Even though I am a hairy-armed, testosterone-saturated he-man, I still find my own male psychology to be sometimes odd. For example: there is this one Japanese actress (age 29) upon whom I have recently developed an embarrassing, intense, secret crush. I'd love to meet her, and perhaps buy her lunch. Yet as attractive as she is, I would never want to have any relationship with her other than friend, or perhaps mentor. And not just because I'm happily married and Catholic, but because if I were to do so I would feel as if I was sullying and corrupting something clean and beautiful. Does that make sense, or am I being a sentimental bag of oatmeal?

Even though I have a basically happy life, and have achieved essentially all the goals I set for myself as a young man, this situation is just one more example of why I feel increasingly out of place in the world of 2015. As the song says, "I guess I just wasn't made for these times".

Anonymous Jack Amok April 26, 2015 3:15 AM  

And in a comment that will surely pour vinegar into the protester’s wounds, Staveley claims the protest has actually helped his company’s brand profile and increased sales.

Protein World should run another ad with a typical tattooed manatee SJW on the left and Renee Somerfield (the model in the original ad) on the right. The caption would be "People who look like this (arrow to the left) don't want you to look like this (arrow to the right)."

Or if they really want to black knight, it could just say "your body, your choice."

Blogger Eric April 26, 2015 3:32 AM  

The problem on the right has not been a demand for ideological purity. That's a bullshitclaim argued by leftists and RINOs. The problem on the right has been the moderates and RINOs breaking ranks.

Is "demanding purity" the same thing as expecting your Congressman to actually vote the way he campaigned? Did anyone catch the way the Republicans in the Senate arranged the Iran "compromise" such that the Senate is assumed to have approved the president's deal subject to a vote which can be filibustered? I'm so sick of Republicans screwing conservatives and then saying "Aw shucks, we fought for you as hard as we could!"

Anonymous Gary April 26, 2015 4:03 AM  

"OK. I make a statement, you counter it, then go right ahead and prove my point by telling me how 3 supposed conservative Senators are not really conservative and pure enough"

It is a fallacy and playing into the enemies hands to claim they are conservative in the first place. I have given it some thought over the years and come to the conclusion that some RINO's are actually democrats running as (R) to spread havoc in the party. Only takes a few to tilt events in the direction you want things to go. Combined with the establishment desire for big government and you have a recipe for disaster.

Anonymous Titus Didius Tacitus April 26, 2015 5:16 AM  

Eric: "Is "demanding purity" the same thing as expecting your Congressman to actually vote the way he campaigned?"

Sometimes it means the same sort of thing in relation to a Senator or a President. It can even mean hoping an appointment to the Supreme Court doesn't turn into the next David Souter.

Blogger Henry Smith April 26, 2015 8:10 AM  

Scintan, what is the Free State Project, and why is it an example of "problems on the right"?

Blogger Nate April 26, 2015 9:56 AM  

Raylan is a good guy at the end. Art was never anything but a good guy.

OpenID malcolmthecynic April 26, 2015 11:32 AM  

Raylan is a good guy at the end.

Well, except for his not turning in a wanted thief and murderer. But then, it was at least in character. He's always had a weakness for women.

Blogger Iowahine April 26, 2015 1:35 PM  

I got excited about Justified, Season One, because Raylon was a real man who could outdraw his opponents and prevail. The first season seemed unapologetically masculine and the thirsty audience lapped it up. Later seasons had problems and gaffs, but by that time, we were rooting for Raylon, regardless, as we did Breaking Bad's Walter White - both of these men who have to operate outside the feminized system in order to be who they are (Philip of The Americans vacillates, but seems to be coming around again to needing to overthrow his previously accepted worldview to be true to himself). Since most of these shows are created, written, and run by liberals, I find it amusing that it they consider it edgy and avant garde to depict men being traditional men. Creator of Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan, struggled with Skylar White, as in spite of his liberal self, she didn't religiously follow the feminist playbook, but alternated between right and wrong in order to serve her own interests and family - disgustingly traditional, not the Supreme Almighty Female. Even Walt Jr. says she is more evil than her husband. I think the takeaway is that men have to operate outside the system to be men, which is the meme of traditional westerns, no?

As for critical acclaim - there was good writing on Justified, inspired by Leonard Elmore, and acting - but recall critics are people in the biz trying to draw attention to themselves and/or sell the show. It's an incestuous system, as most of these are . . .

Anonymous Ain April 26, 2015 2:16 PM  

Sleepy: "A asks question, waits for another party to answer" is less optimal than

"A asks question, B gives flagrantly wrong answer, and then other parties rush in to correct B to A's benefit."

What is that term?"



Trolling?

OpenID thetroll April 26, 2015 2:43 PM  

> "A asks question, B gives flagrantly wrong answer, and then other parties rush in to correct B to A's benefit."

The canonical formulation is "the best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."

> What is that term?

Cunningham's Law.

OpenID cailcorishev April 26, 2015 3:14 PM  

What is that term?"

Trolling?


No. Contrary to what some are suggesting, rhetorical tricks are not trolling, nor is winning an argument. In fact, trolls rarely even try to win an argument; their goal is to derail, not to win. Regarding SJW trolls specifically, since they don't believe in objective truth, they don't believe an argument can be "won" in the way we do anyway. They "win" by halting the argument (and preventing any feelbad or wrongthink it might produce), not by continuing it.

"A asks question, B gives flagrantly wrong answer, and then other parties rush in to correct B to A's benefit."

Again, it sounds a lot like the Socratic method. He'd ask leading questions and play kinda dumb until someone gave a dumb answer, then pick it apart until his target, possibly with the help of bystanders, came around to the truth. It's a much more effective teaching method than, "I say this is how it is, so believe it." And it's not trolling, because he was trying to get at the truth, not avoid it or obscure it.

OpenID malcolmthecynic April 26, 2015 3:46 PM  

As for critical acclaim - there was good writing on Justified, inspired by Leonard Elmore, and acting - but recall critics are people in the biz trying to draw attention to themselves and/or sell the show. It's an incestuous system, as most of these are . . .

It deserved it, though. At its best the show was out of this world awesome. Season 2, the climax of season 4, that fantastic run on the final season, and individual episodes from all 5.

Plus, Olyphant and Goggins are ridiculously good.

Anonymous Scintan April 26, 2015 4:06 PM  

Scintan, what is the Free State Project, and why is it an example of "problems on the right"?

Free State Project website

Begun in 2001, they haven't even been able to get 20k people to even promise to be on board with a move to NH, never mind getting them to actually move there.

With an entire nation to recruit from, the number of people who've actually moved is still well under 3,000. In the meantime, a once solidly freedom and small government oriented stated is getting more and more liberal and big government in its policies, partly because the unorganized lefty immigration around the country has dwarfed the 'organized' attempt by the right.

In other words, the right hasn't even been able to hold on to a relatively small population that was initially extremely favorable to its positions, and can't even get 20K people to move there to try re-taking the state.

In about 25 years, the state has gone from heavily Republican to leaning Democrat, voting Democrat in 5 of the last 6 elections.

Blogger Cuca Culpa April 26, 2015 4:32 PM  

Stingray: strongly suspect that the recent Chlorox Bleach 'outrage' was trolling for earned media too. Ashley Madison, the adultery website, has been doing that for years.

Good ad campaigns push your buttons. One of the only good things left on the CBC in Canada is this show:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/undertheinfluence

That and The Century of the Self are two 'redpills' I often hand out.

Anonymous Harsh April 26, 2015 7:33 PM  

Vivian is awfully hot. I'm feeling kind of ashamed that I think that.

Anonymous scoobius dubious April 26, 2015 8:28 PM  

The real reason the Right (sometimes I'm not even sure it exists) always loses to the Left is that the Left knows precisely what they want -- free stuff, other people's stuff -- and the Right just wants to go home, be left in peace, and read bedtime stories to the kids.

The underlying strategy was pointed out a few years ago by a leftist Hispanic politician in California, who was surprisingly concise and astute. What he said to a conservative enemy was this:
"The difference between us is, if I win, I get to take your stuff. If you win, all you get to do is keep your own stuff that you already had. There isn't an option where if you win, you take my stuff."

Anonymous Scintan April 27, 2015 12:10 AM  

The real reason the Right (sometimes I'm not even sure it exists) always loses to the Left is that the Left knows precisely what they want -- free stuff, other people's stuff -- and the Right just wants to go home, be left in peace, and read bedtime stories to the kids.

It's part of a "This far, but no further" strategy that guarantees failure.

Blogger Iowahine April 27, 2015 8:36 AM  

Plus, Olyphant and Goggins are ridiculously good.

Agreed on Olyphant and Goggins (though I'd need to watch Justified ten more times to erase that disgusting character Goggins played on Sons of Anarchy).

Blogger CarpeOro April 27, 2015 1:04 PM  

"which is the meme of traditional westerns, no?"

Uh, no. That has been the meme of more recent Westerns, but originally it was all about standing up to the bad guy. Not until "High Noon" did it start to drift in the direction of having to go outside of society to do what was right. Justified was outstanding. Attended a church for awhile in Michigan when it was in the second or third season and a member had family in Harlan County originally. They weren't sure whether to be appalled or proud of the action going on or the fact that much was actually shot in the county. I am fairly certain I missed some episodes early on so may rewatch it on Netflix.

OpenID therationalmale.com April 27, 2015 8:45 PM  

Martin Daubney concurs:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/27/making-the-trolls-pay-how-one-uk-company-made-1-million-in-four-days-from-furious-social-justice-warriors/

Anonymous Viking April 29, 2015 11:41 AM  

Is Vivian James over 18?

Asking for a friend.


Vivian is only 8 months old so you should has the feelbads.

Or...
We can remember that Vivian is a cartoon, a character and a concept and therefore doesn't have an age nor a need to consent. The above depiction clearly portrays the Vivian as having secondary female sexual characteristics. Noticeably breasts and wider hips. Therefore, finding the depiction appealing is not weird. Thinking that Vivian some how needs to be imbued with background that puts her over an age of consent in order to make picture of her ok is weird.

Don't give into SWJ framing.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts