Monday, May 04, 2015

On the radio

A #GamerGate interview with Aerith Radio. The download link is here.

Labels: ,


Blogger Alexander Thompson May 04, 2015 5:28 PM

And my favorite gaming podcast interviewed Larry Correia.

Blogger Salt #0008 May 04, 2015 5:54 PM  

Good interview. Clarifying that an argument as rational does not equate to being moral, outstanding.

Anonymous Geoff May 04, 2015 6:35 PM  

Now that was a great interview. He didn't interrupt Vox or stray off topic.

Regarding the Larry interview, I think he called Vox a jerk. See the 52:45 minute mark.

Anonymous buzzcut #207 May 04, 2015 7:18 PM  

You're watching Lifetime. Up next, "Lipstick On a Pig - The Brianna Wu Story," a Lifetime original, starring Harvey Fierstein and the Chinese guy from Community. Only on Lifetime.

Anonymous Harsh May 04, 2015 7:34 PM  

Good interview. The interviewer seemed to have trouble staying focused at times, but that's a minor quibble.

Anonymous Peter Pan #0196 May 04, 2015 7:34 PM  

I hope it's not an ambush...

Blogger Myles May 04, 2015 7:39 PM  

I co-host on that station, how did I not hear about this and take off work?

Blogger automatthew 0062 May 04, 2015 8:26 PM  

"For all I know, another member of GamerGate might be a ..."

Ginger youth group leader who consumes most of Maker's Mark's annual output while learning to shoot from his motorcycle while jumping a ramp over the imported sharks* in his private lake, causing Porky to have to change his pants?

* Yes, lasers.

Blogger Joel #0164 May 04, 2015 10:16 PM  

I can't get the interview to download. The site keeps giving me an error. Anyone else having trouble?

Blogger Blackburn #0040 May 04, 2015 10:38 PM  

@#0164 It would not work for me in Epic or Chrome I had to use Safari (ducks)

Try changing browsers

OpenID lostsailor32 May 04, 2015 10:41 PM  

Great interview. Though it will be ignored by the other side.

To emphasize a point. I've been a regular reader for years, and an occasional commenter both here at at AG. I disagree with you, Vox on a wide variety of issues, such as TENS (though you've made me reconsider some points) and climate change. I have no intention of debating these with you, because I've read your posts and I'm not going to change your mind, you're not going to change mine.

But when it comes to SJWs and feminists, I'm with you. And I'm a pretty liberal guy. But I'm not blind. I've never held with political correctness. But what's been happening with GamerGate (though I'm not a gamer...well not much anymore) and now in SFF (which a have been quite involved in and looking to get back in that fight) has shown me I can't be on the sidelines.

I'm not going to endorse all of your opinions, but I have yet to see you making any of the points you're accused of. You're just polemical. No problem. But on the SJW issues, whether we agree or not on other things, I'm still shooting in the same direction...

Blogger Joel #0164 May 05, 2015 7:32 AM  

I tried Chrome. It worked.

Thanks, Minion #0040.

Blogger VD May 05, 2015 7:38 AM  

I'm not going to endorse all of your opinions, but I have yet to see you making any of the points you're accused of. You're just polemical. No problem. But on the SJW issues, whether we agree or not on other things, I'm still shooting in the same direction...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Not me. Not my clone. Not my blood-brother. But still, my friend and ally.

Blogger Conan the Cimmerian May 05, 2015 8:47 AM  

But still, my friend and ally.

No more tears. I'll be your friend little buddy.

(end humour)

Anonymous RatDog May 05, 2015 10:45 AM  

Good interview. Sounded like you used a lavaliere mike or good condenser mike. You had good points backed up with evidence.

You interview really well when the interviewer gives you space to talk or keeps it at the dialectical level.

Your points don't score nearly as well when the interviewer comes at you at the rhetorical level and you stay at the dialectical level-- but that appeals to a different audience. Problem: talking at the dialectical level with a rhetorical interviewer means that almost no information is communicated-- and you end up losing everyone.

With Roosh's interview by Dr. Oz, and formerly Matt Forney's interview with one of the big news shows, it occurs to me that alt-right 4GW opinion leaders are finally starting to get air time with the mainstream media. They are very good with logic-- and that certainly throws the interviewer off when he wants to make the interviewed person seem like a nutjob. But the alt-right seems that they can't / won't make good rhetorical arguments. They aren't nearly as 'polished' as mainstream media professionals. I think this is just the movement growing up and will change as time goes on.

Going back to Boyd's framework-- it seems like in our society, rhetoric dominates dialectic in public discussion. I'm not sure that good alt-right rhetoric would even yield any strategic benefit at this point-- not enough sheeple on board yet. Time will tell. And the political left's Maginot Line is showing gaps on a few fronts.

Anonymous RatDog May 05, 2015 1:00 PM  

It looks like any sense of strategy I had deserted me in my last post. You have to seize a victory on the moral level of war before mental or physical. That's what all the dialectic instead of attacking is about right now. It's the right way to go.

Once a larger percentage of the population sees this and gets screwed by the leftists, it'll be time to move to the mental level-- or in this case, rhetoric. And from there only a short distance to the physical level of war-- or in this case, mass 'black knighting.'

I stand corrected.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts