Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Brainstorm tonight

People are still registering, but I'm going to cut off the monthly option in one hour, 30 minutes before the event starts, so I can get the registration information out in time for people to join us. The chat is already live, so if you're a Brainstormer feel free to hop in whenever you like.

I'm told Nate is busy swimming in his Scrooge McDuck-like pool of gold coins in preparation for his pitch for fire. If you haven't had a look at the Inflation/Deflation debate on the left sidebar, you might want to get up to speed now.

See you soon.



Anonymous SS June 24, 2015 6:17 PM  

Never saw anymore updates, so I figure this is as good a place as any to ask. Did you ever stop getting DDOS'd over the weekend? How long did the extra hits keep going on?

Blogger VD June 24, 2015 6:41 PM  

No, it's still ongoing. Click on the black rectangle under Blog Archives and you can see.

Anonymous Reality June 24, 2015 6:41 PM  

pool of gold coins

Not bad if you're in from $600. What's it look like from the top?

Anonymous DontSeeIt June 24, 2015 6:45 PM  

Where in the left sidebar?

Anonymous BigGaySteve June 24, 2015 7:20 PM  

OT: Queer heckler told off by Bath House Barry that he is eating his food,

Perhaps BHB didn't read the news that his parties are paid for by stealing money from children's charities someone should tell him.

"Six others have pled guilty to charges in the overall investigation, which focused on activities involving former Council Member Harry L. Thomas, Jr. Thomas pled guilty in January 2012 to charges stemming from a scheme in which he used more than $350,000 in taxpayers’ money that was earmarked for the arts, youth recreation, and summer programs for" Ok I admit I am being disingenuous by pretending money thrown at DC kids would have made a difference, but Shirley someone would care.

Blogger Nate June 24, 2015 7:22 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Joe A. June 24, 2015 7:38 PM  

Shit. Forgot. :(

Blogger Nate June 24, 2015 7:50 PM  

and yes.. I am totally swimming in gold... and silver...

Anonymous zen0 June 24, 2015 8:17 PM  

Speaking of debt and stuff, Steve Keen did a half-hour lecture with cool 3 dimensional charts recently.

Rising debt causes crises

Blogger Aquila Aquilonis Fulminata June 24, 2015 9:04 PM  

Great session. Thanks!

Blogger Nate June 24, 2015 9:05 PM  

Hey man... here's the graph I was talking about...

Anonymous Eric Wilson (#0242) June 24, 2015 9:15 PM  

Haha, I could see the credit market debt being like ~$20t larger if the rate of growth had remained constant since ca. 2006.

Also, nice to put a face behind the name, Nate.

Anonymous Eric Wilson (#0242) June 24, 2015 9:16 PM  

Actually, it kind of looks like the graph of college debt vs. "inflation" that I've seen elsewhere, but I guess that's not a huge surprise.

Blogger Nate June 24, 2015 9:21 PM  

I do hope everyone appreciated my battle flag shirt.

Anonymous JD June 24, 2015 9:35 PM  

I noticed it immediately, it was a nice touch.

Anonymous BGS June 24, 2015 9:57 PM  

I do hope everyone appreciated my battle flag shirt.

I might have to get a shirt with this to taunt the leftists.

Blogger SirThermite June 24, 2015 11:16 PM  

I do hope everyone appreciated my battle flag shirt.

This Michigander never would've appreciated it more than I do now. When I heard Wal-Mart banned them, I was looking at merch on Amazon late Monday night and thought, "Nah...Amazon sells'll still be there tomorrow." When it wasn't, I stopped at the local mil surplus store Tuesday after work and picked-up a battle flag, patch, and pin to add to my collection.

Blogger automatthew June 24, 2015 11:36 PM  

Zazzle searches return nothing if the word "confederate" is used, even though you can find individual listings through other means.

Methinks this was a very well planned maneuver on the part of the goddam yankees.

Blogger automatthew June 24, 2015 11:36 PM  

Or possibly the Amish.

Anonymous Jack Amok June 25, 2015 1:29 AM  

Unfortunately had to miss tonight. I look forward to the transcript though.

Hey Nate, what's your preferred form of gold? Rounds, bars or coins? Or all of the above?

Blogger SirThermite (VFM #0025) June 25, 2015 3:30 AM  

Zazzle searches return nothing if the word "confederate" is used

Yeah, I heard Etsy banned the battle flag too. Am imagining Nate and others scoffing about Yankees paying liberal arts major dykes to surrogate knit, quilt, and craft for us, how the Southron word for "Etsy" is simply "The Wife." It hurts because it's true...

Blogger Nate June 25, 2015 6:59 AM  

Gold? I buy bullion and coins. I also buy silver the same way.

Anonymous Shut up rabbit June 25, 2015 11:52 AM  

Cant get any results for "Confederate" items from ebay, amazon, zazzle or Google shopping in France either

Anonymous Jack Amok June 25, 2015 12:13 PM  

Gold? I buy bullion and coins. I also buy silver the same way.

How much value do you put in the premiums from government-minted coins? For gold it's fairly negligible, but for silver it's a decent percent of the spot price. Myself I'm coins for gold and bars/rounds for silver.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts