ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Brainstorm: Gorilla Mindset

Since mindset is so important, it has always baffled me that many people gloss over its significance. You’ll see guys who want to be rich, yet talk themselves out of ever starting a company. Or grown men want to get better at dating, but spend all their time complaining that it’s impossible to attract women.

In reality the only thing holding these people back is themselves. It’s impossible to become a winner if you constantly think like a loser.

Mike Cernovich's book, Gorilla Mindset, is a good "mental reset" book that is likely to be useful to any man who is struggling with negativity, laziness, or burnout. I've read it myself and gleaned some useful performance tricks from it, and I've even given it to my son to read.

On Tuesday evening at 6 PM Eastern, Mike Cernovich will be my Brainstorm guest, where we will be discussing Gorilla Mindset and other topics of interest for 90 minutes, including Q&A. It's a free event, so you can register here. Please note that registration will NOT guarantee a seat; only 500 can be seated at a time. If you haven't read the book yet, I'd encourage you to do so before the event. I wouldn't call it "life-changing", but I have no doubt at all that there are others who would. Mike's personal story is inspirational; he is an impressive guy.

Brainstorm note: I didn't realize it until two days ago, but 2,395 people tried to register for the Brainstorm Hugo Party. The registration limit was set to 500, of whom 395 actually attended at some point. Since a lot of people will be interested in what Mike has to say, I'm going to bump up the limit to 750, of whom 500 will be able to simultaneously attend.

When we reach 100 annual Brainstorm members, I will bump up the maximum limit to 1,000 simultaneous attendees. For those who want to know how they can help boost the signal, that's one way to do it.

In related news, I've been working with the institute and the Game Dev course is finally coming together and I anticipate it starting in January. It will be free for all annual Brainstorm members. The full price for the 10 sessions will be $199, but it will be initially priced at $150 for VP readers, #GamerGate members, and subscribers to the two Castalia House mailing lists.

UPDATE: Mike contacted me to let me know that he will be providing PDF versions of Gorilla Mindset and Juicing for Men to all Brainstorm Annual members on Monday.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Hartwick October 14, 2015 7:18 AM  

Will transcripts be available? (I can't stay for the entirety.)

Blogger VD October 14, 2015 7:28 AM  

Most likely, yes. J, can you make it?

Blogger Phillip George October 14, 2015 7:42 AM  

sounds like going Amway double diamond. All those day time soap actors who never work or go to the bathroom [toilet in french]. You know Howard Hughes was wealthy? And Joan Rivers. And Marilyn Monroe. And John Kennedy was president. And let's see, the apple guy, or yeah, Steve Jobs, look at his success.

Blogger Durandel Almiras October 14, 2015 7:49 AM  

Looking forward to finally being able to attend one. Thanks VD

Blogger Patrick October 14, 2015 8:31 AM  

I also hope there is a transcript or video. 6pm start time is rough.

Blogger Jeff October 14, 2015 8:59 AM  

Are there costs involved with increasing the number of attendees?

Blogger Markku October 14, 2015 9:05 AM  

Yes, significant.

Blogger Markku October 14, 2015 9:07 AM  

The annual billing is by the maximum allowed number per webinar. Actual, realized number of attendees is irrelevant.

Blogger Dystopic October 14, 2015 10:13 AM  

Gorilla Mindset is a good book for any man, I think. But it's especially powerful to folks like myself who had been heavily indoctrinated. In simple terms, if you're trying to escape being Gamma/Beta, the book is very helpful in breaking your bad habits.

The Self Talk Mike Cernovich refers to is especially important, but he addresses everything from posture to how you view the world, and does so in simple, practical ways. It's not a book full of fluff or super-self-esteem bullshit.

I think anybody could learn from it, but if you're in my shoes and don't want to be a fucking tool for the rest of your life, it's a must-read.

Blogger ScuzzaMan October 14, 2015 11:41 AM  

6PM Eastern is midnight where I live, and where Vox lives. Dunno how he does it. I get up at 5:45 am so I've only attended one free brainstorm. The RushV one.
It's the only thing keeping me from the paid sub but with this latest round of freebies I am thinking I should do it anyway.

Blogger Josh October 14, 2015 11:42 AM  

Dunno how he does it

Espresso

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts