ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dialogue with a moderate

This discussion between Nate and a #GamerGate moderate should help illustrate the essential problem with the moderate perspective and demonstrate how they are never truly on the side they nominally claim to be supporting. It should also make it clear that for all his posturing and preening, the moderate is guaranteed, on the basis of his own unprincipled philosophy, to be a loser.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
If you respond to disagreement with any of these: Shill, Concern Troll, Divide and Conquer, you want a hugbox just like SJWs do.

Nate @bloggerblaster
horse shit. moderates shooting at their own side because they are scared to shoot at the actual enemy. Concern Trolls suck

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
Fuck this tribalistic "us vs. them" crap. If you can't handle dissent, you're no better than "the enemy".

Nate @bloggerblaster
We didn't make them the enemy. They made us the enemy. Talk to them.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
So? If you refuse to allow dissent and dismiss criticism with labels, you're no better than "the enemy".

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
I'm not dismissing your criticism of me. I'm still talking to you, aren't I? Meanwhile, you dismiss all criticism from me.

Nate @bloggerblaster
more poser bullshit. Look son...we're being punched. and now you're bitching at us because we're punching back.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
I'm not gonna engage in the same tactics SJWs do when it's their tactics that make me dislike them in the first place.

NOTE:  The tactics are what make him dislike SJWs. He apparently has no problem with their ideals or objectives.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
If I "punch back" in the exact same manner, then there is no functional difference between me and "the enemy".

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
If you handle dissent this way, then I have no desire to help you "punch back". And nor will the vast majority of people.

Nate @bloggerblaster
But using dialect to people who only respond to rhetoric is not only ineffective its actually counter productive.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
I don't compromise my principles for what is supposedly "effective", especially when I remain unconvinced that your rhetoric will do anything other than alienate those who might be sympathetic but aren't as extreme.

Vox Day ‏@voxday
That's because you're ignorant. Aristotle explained your position was hopelessly wrong 2,400 years ago.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
I'm criticizing the idea of using the exact same tactics SJWs do when SJW tactics are what make me dislike them.

Vox Day @voxday
Then you have no principles. It is the objectives that are relevant, not the tactics.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
It's the tactics that I find distasteful about SJWs in the first place. If I use those tactics, I'm' no different.

Nate @bloggerblaster
You'd rather lose than win wrong. Then go away loser. We want to win.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Vox Day @voxday
Compromise what? You have no principles. You dislike certain TACTICS. That's just style over substance. That's etiquette!

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
My principles forbids the use of certain tactics.

Nate @bloggerblaster
so you admit it. You'd rather lose than win wrong.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
Winning by becoming just like SJWs is no victory at all.

Vox Day @voxday
You're being a complete idiot. TACTICS do not make you like the other side. They have different objectives.

Nate @bloggerblaster
I would tell you that history is full of losers with your view. but it was written by those that killed them. so no.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
And history is also full of people who fought against monsters and eventually became them in the end.

NOTE: I actually double face-palmed here...

Vox Day @voxday
No, it's not. That's a stupid aphorism that isn't even remotely close to being true.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
And I'm supposed to just accept that so I can beat whichever enemy is in vogue right now? No thanks.

Vox Day @voxday
That's fine. Then lose. That's what moderates always do.

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
If the extremist tactics on either side win, I lose either way

Nate @bloggerblaster
sounds like you're used to losing already. So honorable!

 Vox Day @voxday
That's what we've been telling you.

Labels: ,

233 Comments:

1 – 200 of 233 Newer› Newest»
Blogger Dominic Saltarelli October 27, 2015 12:03 PM  

I've managed to avoid having anything at all to do with twitter thus far in my life. Stop tempting me.

Blogger bw October 27, 2015 12:06 PM  

Nate @bloggerblaster
more poser bullshit. Look son...we're being punched. and now you're bitching at us because we're punching back


Exactly.

Open war is upon you, whether you would risk a victory via "tactics" or not

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 12:06 PM  

He appears to have not gotten the message that if what you're doing doesn't work, the answer is not to always do MORE of it FASTER and damn the consequences!

Blogger JN October 27, 2015 12:08 PM  

I don't own a gun because shooting back at the criminal makes me just like him! /sarc

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 12:12 PM  

Its not if you win or lose its how you play the game!!!!

Ever notice that the phrase is only said by parents of the kids who lost to make them feel better?

Blogger bw October 27, 2015 12:13 PM  

The Irrational Cuck by Vox Day and Nate, $37.50, limited time only, 3/4 pg in length.

Blogger Stingray October 27, 2015 12:14 PM  

Moderates still believe what SJWs say. Be damned their lying eyes.

Blogger Dominic Saltarelli October 27, 2015 12:16 PM  

Its not if you win or lose its how you play the game!!!!

I agree with this. The 'how' being "better than the other guy". That way, if you do lose, the ref's an idiot. Or it was lag. Or whatever.

Stupid lag.

Blogger Dexter October 27, 2015 12:17 PM  

If I "punch back" in the exact same manner, then there is no functional difference between me and "the enemy".

The Nazis used tanks, airplanes, battleships, submarines, and artillery.

The Americans used tanks, airplanes, battleships, submarines, and artillery.

See! See! No difference between us and the enemy!

Blogger Cail Corishev October 27, 2015 12:17 PM  

There's a GamerGater I follow on Twitter. I won't name him, and I don't give him any grief there, because he does tweak the SJWs quite a bit, so shooting the same direction. But once in a while, like last night, he tweets something about avoiding extremes on both sides. He wants so badly to claim a middle ground between two bad sides, even after months of being attacked from only one direction. It's kind of amazing.

Blogger Dexter October 27, 2015 12:18 PM  

I don't own a gun because shooting back at the criminal makes me just like him! /sarc

Also, very important to note, there is no "functional difference" between criminals and the police, since both use guns.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 12:24 PM  

"Its not if you win or lose its how you play the game!!!!"

Yeah. It's what all losers say. Only losers. And it's not even Biblical to lose. It may even be a sin to lose.

We run the race to win. We run the race to receive a prize. We do not beat the air. We fight the good fight . . . to win.

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (cf. I Corinthians 9)

The moderate is ecstatic if he gets a t-shirt.

Blogger Steve, the Dark Ninja of Mockery October 27, 2015 12:27 PM  

And history is also full of people who fought against monsters and eventually became them in the end.

Yes. Like... uh... examples.

Blogger Scott Rassbach October 27, 2015 12:27 PM  

Also, very important to note, there is no "functional difference" between criminals and the police, since both use guns.

More than that! They both also use incarceration, resource acquisition (in the form of protection money and direct confiscation), and intimidation to further their goals! Exactly the same!

Blogger Scott Rassbach October 27, 2015 12:28 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger D. Lane (#0067) October 27, 2015 12:28 PM  

I agree with this. The 'how' being "better than the other guy". That way, if you do lose, the ref's an idiot. Or it was lag. Or whatever.

The netcode in this game sucks, guys.
- Mr. Scary Cell, 2015

Blogger Daniel October 27, 2015 12:34 PM  

Is there really a participation trophy for "using fewer tactics than the enemy?"

By the way, red man, I salute your unconventional prep for that little skirmish. Typically the palm print goes on the pony.

God I hate those Nazis for using blitzkrieg. The only way to defeat them is to avoid using Patton. So triggering.

OpenID Jack Amok October 27, 2015 12:35 PM  

What a moron. He's afraid to shoot at the enemy because the enemy will shoot back, so he shoots at his own side instead.

Well, his own side is shooting back now too. Let's see if the moderates are smart enough to figure that out.

Blogger Fatherless October 27, 2015 12:35 PM  

I can't help but think of the RAF officer who objected to carpet bombing earlier in the war: "but, sir! That's private property down there!"

Blogger Krul October 27, 2015 12:36 PM  

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
"And history is also full of people who fought against monsters and eventually became them in the end. "


This fellow has regurgitated a partially-digested fragment of Nietzsche's aphorism #146 from Beyond Good and Evil, I see, although he wrongly assumes that it is a truism of history.

I wonder what he thinks of Nietzsche's other aphorisms:
"144. When a woman has scholarly inclinations there is generally something wrong with her sexual nature. Barrenness itself conduces to a certain virility of taste; man, indeed, if I may say so, is "the barren animal."

145. Comparing man and woman generally, one may say that woman would not have the genius for adornment, if she had not the instinct for the SECONDARY role."


And really, what examples from history are there of people who fight against monsters only to become monsters themselves? The French Revolution, maybe? The Athenians, who fought the Persian empire then later became an empire? I'm stretching here; it's hard to think of a really good example.

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 12:37 PM  

Born losers prefer not to give it everything they've got. That way, when they lose, they can tell themselves they could have won if they'd really tried, as if that's some consolation.

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 12:37 PM  

Moderates are born losers.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 12:38 PM  

@18 Jack Amok

"He's afraid to shoot at the enemy because the enemy will shoot back, so he shoots at his own side instead."

No, he's afraid the enemy won't like his gun.

Blogger Elocutioner #0226 October 27, 2015 12:38 PM  

So the enemy uses emotional sophistry and we respond with dialectic in rhetoric, but responding in kind is beyond the pale.

Egalitarians think everyone is equal and thus deserve honor be extended, whereas we see the barbarian for what he is. Their understanding of honor is what is faulty. Being raised by women and weak men will do that to you.

Blogger wrf3 October 27, 2015 12:43 PM  

Vox wrote: Then you have no principles. It is the objectives that are relevant, not the tactics.

This is wrong. What's at play are two competing principles, namely "the end justifies the means" versus "the end does not justify the means."

One of these is congruent with Christiany. The other is not.

Blogger White Knight Leo #0368 October 27, 2015 12:44 PM  

That's an interesting aphorism about monstrous actions making you a monster. Moral questions are normally more concerned with "why" than with "what", after all. If I shoot a man, an observer can't make a justified judgment about the morality of the shooting unless he knows *why* I shot him.

A more extreme example would be the bombing of Hiroshima. We did that because we wanted Japan to surrender and stop fighting, but we did that *because they attacked us first*. We weren't looking to conquer and enslave them, we wanted to stop fighting and go home. Bombing them brought about the surrender, so at minimum it was morally neutral if not morally justified.

I'm a little uncomfortable personally with using Leftist tactics to fight back against Leftists, so I understand where this guy is coming from, but that's for the same reason that I would be uncomfortable with shooting a man who is trying to shoot me. I can *do* it, and I would feel okay about it after a bit, I would just hate that it was necessary. But when you are under fire, shooting or surrender are your only options. Surrender wouldn't be tolerable, because it would mean living in a Leftist world, but that assumes that Leftists are actually interested in accepting surrenders; they haven't shown any interest thus far, given their reaction to apologies.

I'll freely admit that I don't like it, but I can swallow my distaste for it so long as our objectives continue to be what guides our actions.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 12:46 PM  

Also, very important to note, there is no "functional difference" between criminals and the police, since both use guns.

The only difference is one armed gang has badges.

Blogger Viking Gamer October 27, 2015 12:47 PM  

Even the Devil plays by the rules when he has to, but that doesn't make him the good guy.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 October 27, 2015 12:49 PM  

You don't treat the uncivilized with civilization.

When dealing with the SJWs, take them down. If they dox one of us, we dox 10 of them. If they harass one of us, we harass all of them. If they support pedophilia, we call the police on all of them, if possible.

The only reason these Unmen haven't backed down is because they assume they are on the right side of history (having paid waaay too much attention in gov't skool) and because nobody really reacted to them before.

At least Mao knew how to use guerrilla tactics against a superior army.

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 12:56 PM  

This is wrong. What's at play are two competing principles, namely "the end justifies the means" versus "the end does not justify the means."

No, it is not. Only ends CAN justify means. This does not mean all ends intrinsically justify all means.

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 12:57 PM  


I'll freely admit that I don't like it, but I can swallow my distaste for it so long as our objectives continue to be what guides our actions.


Don't worry. We'll keep feeding you SJW blood and bones until you start to develop the taste for it.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 1:01 PM  

I think his prestige bio morality is internally consistent except that he is not living in a 30 person tribe where it would be workable. So not at all, actually.

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 1:05 PM  

What about- love your enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you, bless them that curse you, etc?

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 1:08 PM  

What about- love your enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you, bless them that curse you, etc?

Nothing. We're not talking about Christian theology here. We're talking about the philosophy of tactics. There is no martyrdom that isn't for the faith. God isn't going to reward you for being murdered for your library card or your Green Bay Packers jersey.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 1:13 PM  

"What about- love yoyur enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you, bless them that curse you, etc?"

You should pray for the guy that breaks into your house. You should pray for him and attempt to save his life.

After you shoot him 8 times.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan October 27, 2015 1:13 PM  

Has he ever resisted the SJW in anyway and if so has he been effective?

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 1:14 PM  

Everything is theology, VD. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." Do you think Jesus and Paul were just talking about the way we should behave at church? They are talking about the way we live our lives. The goal of the Christian life is to be Christlike. It's not to win some short-term battle in the culture war. Let God take care of that. When He was struck, He answered back not a word. And He was the strongest, greatest man that ever lived.

"Set your minds on things above, not on things on the earth."

Blogger Dug October 27, 2015 1:19 PM  

When He was struck, He answered back not a word.

Why is it that people always forget that Christ went at moneychangers with a whip, repeatedly called people out as sinners, talked openly about how people would be damned and more?

Especially in this context. We're talking about calling people out as shills and concern trolls.

By your view of Christ, Matt, you should be quiet and leave us in peace. Anything else would be a betrayal to the Lord your God.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 October 27, 2015 1:22 PM  

"Set your minds on things above, not on things on the earth."

We do. Do you not perceive the outright wickedness of SJWs? They are a perverse and evil group who wish to impose that evil on the rest of the world. If we do not actively fight them, then they will conquer the world. Already they own much of the narrative in Western Culture.

Pray for them, yes, but that is the minimum. Remember that even Paul used underhanded tactics when confronted by religious leaders of his day (by declaring the resurrection of the dead in the company of the Pharisees and Sadducees).

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 1:22 PM  

What about- love your enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you, bless them that curse you, etc?

I know we are not discussing theology, Christian or otherwise, but we're in a war. It's a defensive war. And when we are attacked in this war we are permitted to take the fight to the enemy, to every outpost, stronghold, and city. We are also on the right side, which happens to be the side of truth. Cunning as serpents, innocent as doves.

SJWs operate in the spirit of Amalek. They are cowardly and prey on the weak and vulnerable. Moses builds an altar in the wilderness to signify that the war to be waged against Amalek has begun. He calls the altar Adonai Nisi (The L-rd is my banner) which means: G-d calls me to battle, showing me where I am to fight. The banner is neither a weapon nor a shield, but a standard that is raised aloft to show the fighters the direction and site of the battle.

The purpose of the banner in conjunction with the command to blot out the memory of Amalek is to fight and overcome everything ungodly and inhumane on the earth. The objective is not militant, but defensive, and in this defensive struggle Amalek is defeated. G-d’s direction of history (signified by the the banner) essentially means war against Amalek until the end of time.

So, as long as the SJW continues to manifest himself in the spirit of Amalek in this world, we will remember to blot out his name, we will remember and not forget - as we have been commanded by the One who is waging this war.

Get in the fight, or get out of the way.

Blogger Steve, the Dark Ninja of Mockery October 27, 2015 1:23 PM  

What about- love your enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you, bless them that curse you, etc?

Crush your enemies. Drive them before you. Laugh at the lachrymosity of their lugubrious landwhales. Have your Night-Hounds rend the pallid flesh of their prissy pyjamaboys. Burn their safe spaces to greasy ash and then dance in the embers.

You can always go to confession later.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 1:25 PM  

" When He was struck, He answered back not a word. And He was the strongest, greatest man that ever lived."

Shut up you churchian piece of shit.

You should never reference that verse because you have no damn idea what it means.

OpenID would-be-tellin October 27, 2015 1:29 PM  

Reminds me of things I've read about how the anti-anti-Communists attacked McCarthy and company. At that time, they couldn't directly support all these Communist Party members who were by definition sworn enemies of the Republic having submitted to party discipline, so they attacked McCarthy's tactics. Even when they were using the same or worse tactics, like burglary.

Surely some of these "moderates" are really, truly, on the other side, but just like those anti-anti-Communists don't have the courage to declare that.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 1:31 PM  

Vox posts illustrative example of the problem with Concern Trolling...


Churchian shows up to concern troll.


This is why we drink.

Blogger Lulabelle October 27, 2015 1:34 PM  

From Matt Powell's blog: "......but it is to say that we as a culture and civilization are still reaping from the long trail of benefits from the building of our civilization in northern and western Europe by people who were Christians".

And would you have all Christians prefer death rather than fight evil? Then what of your Civilization?
Go. Enjoy your Western Civilization courtesy of men such as Charles Martel.
Stay out of the way and don't dare to insult your betters by pretending to school them in theology.

Blogger Lulabelle October 27, 2015 1:35 PM  

"This is why we drink."

This is pure genius. Why didn't we think of making this a drinking game before now? Every concern troll comment = one shot.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 1:35 PM  

When He was struck, He answered back not a word. And He was the strongest, greatest man that ever lived.

13The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there. 15And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. 16And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father’s house a house of trade.” 17His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 1:36 PM  

This is pure genius. Why didn't we think of making this a drinking game before now? Every concern troll comment = one shot.

We're gonna need a bigger liver...

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 1:37 PM  

It's not to win some short-term battle in the culture war. Let God take care of that."

Then you're clueless, at best. G-d is taking care of that, by enlisting soldiers. What do soldiers do? They fight, they put their lives on the line, and sometimes pay with their lives defending and fighting for the truth.

What part of defensive fight don't you understand? Use whatever tactics your conscience allows, just don't use them to maim your own side.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 1:37 PM  

This is why we drink.

To quote Roger Sterling:

My generation we drink because it's good. Because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar. Because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do.

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 1:38 PM  

Everything is theology, VD. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." Do you think Jesus and Paul were just talking about the way we should behave at church? They are talking about the way we live our lives. The goal of the Christian life is to be Christlike. It's not to win some short-term battle in the culture war. Let God take care of that. When He was struck, He answered back not a word. And He was the strongest, greatest man that ever lived.

You are a liar and a deceiver. Everything is NOT theology. Get thee behind us, Satan.

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 1:38 PM  

Yes, I recognize the SJWs as the enemies of Christianity, the enemies of the gospel of Christ. But the devil is a crafty old liar. His greatest successes come not by flatly denying the truths of Christianity, because that's already failed badly. His greatest successes come by distortion, by heresy. He takes some aspect of Christianity which is true (like the concern for victims) and radicalizes and distorts it, and ignores the rest of it. Marxism, environmentalism, progressivism, feminism- they're all Christian heresies, all based on truths of Christianity but distorted and divorced from the rest of Christian doctrine.

In doing so, he often gets us both ways. On the one hand, he tricks many into falling into the error. Jesus teaches us constantly that we should be concerned for the poor, for example. Therefore we should pursue wealth redistribution, says the Marxist. But then others, reacting against Marxism, say, "Screw the poor, they deserve it." So the devil has gotten us on both sides- some who advocate for forced charity (contrary to God's word) and some who respond by ignoring the need for charity entirely. The devil wins both ways, because the only thing he cares about is destroying the gospel.

The devil doesn't care about gays, or evolution, or Marxism, or video games, or the Hugo awards, or America, or western civilization, or any of those things. He only cares about destroying Christ's work of salvation. Don't let him fool you, brothers.

How do we become like the monster we fight? The crusades, the Holy Roman Empire, the Thirty Years War, the papacy, etc etc etc. Christian history is chock full of people fighting against evil empires and becoming like them in the process.

Blogger Lulabelle October 27, 2015 1:40 PM  

"Christian history is chock full of people fighting against evil empires and becoming like them in the process."

Unadulterated BULLSHIT. Everyone step over that steaming pile.

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 1:42 PM  

Lulabelle, I absolutely believe we should fight evil. What I'm saying is that it matters, immensely, how we fight. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but are mighty to pull down principalities and powers. And I am not a pacifist. But even in military conflict, we fight the way God tells us, not the way the enemy does. We do not put our trust in horses and chariots, but in the name of our God.

Christians have always won by dying, not by killing.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 1:42 PM  

"Everyone step over that steaming pile."

***adjusts chest waders***

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 1:42 PM  

Don't let him fool you, brothers.

That's precisely why we're responding to you.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 1:43 PM  

"Christians have always won by dying, not by killing."

Who died?

Blogger John Wright October 27, 2015 1:43 PM  

"If the extremist tactics on either side win, I lose either way..."

The difference is that if the extreme fascists win, they will not let you alone but impose extremely on your liberty until you are extremely enslaved. If the extreme Libertarians win, they will let you extremely alone, and you will be extremely free.

Hence, you 'lose' if and only if your winning condition is a matter of procedure, etiquette, and not a matter of actually reaching the goal.

This idea that all extremes are bad has a grain of truth: Aristotle talks about how too much courage or too little is either recklessness or cowardice: but there is no such thing as too much justice, too much truth, and so on. Some virtues are matter of balance between two evils, but some are primary goods where the only evil is the absence of the good.

This modern version of 'all extremes are wrong' is in fact an SJW talking point and a moral principle that the postmoderns use rather than making the frightening distinction between good and evil.

But let us accept the idea that two men disagreeing on means but agreed on goals can and should compromise rather than forswear the goal: two men whose goals are exactly opposite each other, particular two men one of whom is a parasite on the first and bent suicidally on killing the host for hate's sake, cannot compromise. Each inch lost to one is a gain to the other.

In a battle of this kind, between a parasite, who wants both to die, and a host who wants to live, in a question between food and poison, there is no middle ground, no room for compromise, and no moderate position. A dish of half food and half poison will still kill you.

Blogger IM2L844 October 27, 2015 1:45 PM  

Context matters, Matt. Long term ramifications matter. Complacency in the face of a metastasizing spiritual cancer is not tantamount to Jesus' courageous sacrifice. It's cowardice. Your children's children will suffer for your imperious cheek turning.

Blogger The Deuce October 27, 2015 1:45 PM  

If the extremist tactics on either side win, I lose either way

And of course if you don't meet their tactics with comparable force, you also lose, so his "strategy" simply means choosing to lose as a foregone conclusion.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 1:48 PM  

"Christians have always won by dying, not by killing."

MATT DAMON

Cross down, ass up, that's how Islam likes to fuck.

Dhummi.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 1:49 PM  

"A dish of half food and half poison will still kill you. "

Amen Sir. Amen.

Blogger Krul October 27, 2015 1:49 PM  

MP - "Marxism, environmentalism, progressivism, feminism"

Marxism and feminism do, in fact, "flatly [deny] the truths of Christianity". They're quite explicit about it; I'm surprised you didn't notice.

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 1:49 PM  

Goodbye, Matt. I don't permit liars here. Everything is not theology.

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 1:51 PM  

Krul- they do indeed, but that's not where they start. They start with Christian truth, truth that would never have been known without Christianity (concern for the poor, the equal dignity of women), and then distort and radicalize them, and use the distortions and radicalization to deny Christianity. Because the way they do it, they have taken in many Christians.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 1:51 PM  

Lulabelle, I absolutely believe we should fight evil.

Blogger White Knight Leo #0368 October 27, 2015 1:51 PM  

"If the extreme Libertarians win, they will let you extremely alone, and you will be extremely free."

This amuses me. I don't disagree with it, but it's funny to say this anyway.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 1:52 PM  

My liver thanks you.

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 1:53 PM  

Very good, VD. I will desist.

Blogger Lulabelle October 27, 2015 1:55 PM  

Et tu, Rabbi? I trusted you. I clicked. I winced.

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 1:55 PM  

THEOLOGY
1. the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.
2. a particular form, system, branch, or course of this study.

I note that it is not a synonym for everything.

NB: If you attempt to rationalize your idiocy by resorting to blatant untruths and inept enthymemes after I have already pointed it out, I will spam your comments for the rest of the day. Matt can return tomorrow, if he wishes, but he would be wise to avoid his previous line of argument, or indeed, the entire topic.

Blogger VD October 27, 2015 1:55 PM  

Very good, VD. I will desist.

In that case, you can comment on other posts here today. But drop this argument.

Blogger Chiva October 27, 2015 1:56 PM  

What about- love your enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you, bless them that curse you, etc?

So your love will passively let them to continue in their ways without being addressed?

Pray for them, yes.
Bless them, yes.
Address what is evil, yes.

If we are the hands of our Lord then by being passive we are allowing what is evil to prosper.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 1:56 PM  

Any grand pronouncement that "Everything is _____" has a high probability of being incorrect.

Blogger JaimeInTexas October 27, 2015 1:57 PM  

"Its not if you win or lose its how you play the game!!!!"

I am in this camp but ... the way you play your best is by playing to win. Doing your best helps your conscience. Winning helps you be motivated to play your best.

In the end, though, the above is games.

When life, or family's, is on the line, and you are not the burglar, all means are fair. The burglar surely is not concerned with limiting his means. War is the same, in a larger scale and more at stake.

Sometimes, just one round is too late for prayers.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 1:58 PM  

> What's at play are two competing principles, namely "the end justifies the means" versus "the end does not justify the means."

And what do you do when there's only one means to an end or all means are equally distasteful?

> The goal of the Christian life is to be Christlike.

So our goal should be to be crucified and raise from the dead three days later? Somehow I don't think Christ expects that of us.

Blogger Dexter October 27, 2015 2:01 PM  

Christians have always won by dying, not by killing.

Tell that to the victors at Tours, Lepanto, and Vienna, you ignoramus.

Tell that to everyone who fought in the Reconquista, and those who pushed the Ottomans out of the Balkans.

Blogger Krul October 27, 2015 2:01 PM  

@74 Josh - "Any grand pronouncement that "Everything is _____" has a high probability of being incorrect."

NO!!!

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 2:02 PM  

"Et tu, Rabbi? I trusted you. I clicked. I winced."

It's hard to explain, but something comes over me and I just can't help myself.

#-fanboiofstevedarkeninjaofmockery

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 2:03 PM  

**bows to Sensei**

Blogger Lulabelle October 27, 2015 2:05 PM  

"It's hard to explain, but something comes over me and I just can't help myself. "

Is this what Poe called "the Imp of the Perverse"?

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 2:08 PM  

NO!!!

FTW

Blogger JaimeInTexas October 27, 2015 2:08 PM  

Only God defines the means to His end. We are limited to the means. What are the means we are limited to? Christ gave examples and principles for us to learn. For example, cannibalism. We are not to murder so that we can eat but, in a survival situation, where a cadaver is the only thing between starving or living, life take precedence. We are still not allowed to murder so that we can eat.

So life justifies cannibalism, in one instance. But not in another.

Point to Vox.

PS: I have read both Adrift (survival at sea) and Alive (survival in the Andes)

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 2:09 PM  

Saying "everything is theology" is practically animism.

Blogger newanubis October 27, 2015 2:10 PM  

It's unfair from the outset to be taking on either Vox or Nate in this arena. But the two of them together should have Nancy subsequently self-identify as a pinata. If she were only capable of understanding what just happened, of course.

Blogger newanubis October 27, 2015 2:11 PM  

It's unfair from the outset to be taking on either Vox or Nate in this arena. But the two of them together should have Nancy subsequently self-identify as a pinata. If she were only capable of understanding what just happened, of course.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 2:11 PM  

Is this what Poe called "the Imp of the Perverse"?


Nah. just simplemind control, brought to you by the Evil Legion of Stevil.

Pray for me.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 2:12 PM  

> But even in military conflict, we fight the way God tells us

And when God sends a leader who tells us the effective way to fight? What then? How do you know Vox isn't such a leader? Who are you to deny him?

> Christians have always won by dying, not by killing.

Always? The last time I looked there were still a few alive. I guess you're doing your best to remedy that, aren't you?

> I am in this camp but ... the way you play your best is by playing to win.

Forgive me, I can't resist

Blogger JaimeInTexas October 27, 2015 2:13 PM  

Everything could theology but we are not Jesus Christ. We cannot through life and function if we were to question the implications to our relationship to God and His purposes in life every time, when getting dressed, we select which socks to wear, or such minutiae.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:14 PM  

I admit.. this was my favorite tweet of his...

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

So honorable! Thanks for this!

Also... note the drama? what is it with the white knight histrionics?

OpenID Steve October 27, 2015 2:16 PM  

You should link him this vid. Troll the Cuck out of you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R54PQABH_Vg

Also, very important to note, there is no "functional difference" between criminals and the police, since both use guns

"Only cops should have guns. Cops kill blacks for no reason"

"Its not if you win or lose its how you play the game!!!!"

Win a 5-1 attack that started with a sucker punch, and people like that will complain that you fight dirty.

Nate-pray for the guy that breaks into your house. You should pray for him and attempt to save his life.After you shoot him 8 times.

Maybe you need more range time, or a laser.

"If the extreme Libertarians win, they will let you extremely alone, and you will be extremely free."

More like no enforcement of borders with everyone smoking pot. While the 3rd world floods in. Libertarians only can function in 1st world conditions.

A dish of half food and half poison will still kill you.

The dose makes the poison - Paracelsus father of the therapeutic window
That is to say, substances considered toxic are harmless in small doses, and conversely an ordinarily harmless substance can be deadly if over-consumed.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 2:16 PM  

Also... note the drama? what is it with the white knight histrionics?

The histrionics is part of emotive signaling, and is an indicator that he made his decision via emotions and is rationalizing after-the-fact.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:19 PM  

"Maybe you need more range time, or a laser."

***chuckle***

maybe you got no idea what a shooting actually looks like.

You think you're gonna shoot one or two times and stop? No. You don't. You won't. odds are you're gonna sit there pulling the trigger with the slide locked back.. and you may even reholster the weapon without even noticing.

happens to cops all the time.

Blogger Dewave October 27, 2015 2:20 PM  

"This is wrong. What's at play are two competing principles, namely "the end justifies the means" versus "the end does not justify the means."

One of these is congruent with Christiany. The other is not."

Correct. Christianity makes it explicitly clear that the ends DO justify the means, and are the only thing that justify the means.


"Lulabelle, I absolutely believe we should fight evil. What I'm saying is that it matters, immensely, how we fight. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but are mighty to pull down principalities and powers. And I am not a pacifist. But even in military conflict, we fight the way God tells us, not the way the enemy does."

King Saul thought the way you did. He spared some of the pagan Canaanite tribes instead of slaughtering them livestock,man, woman, and child. For this, God rebuked him and took away his crown and gave it to David.

"Christians have always won by dying, not by killing."

Christians have won because Jesus refused tojust roll over and die, instead rising from the dead, and killed death itself.

If Jesus had only died, christianity would be a sad lie.

Blogger Danby October 27, 2015 2:20 PM  

Everything is theology

Wait, I thought everything was politics?

Unless your theology is your politics.

In which case you're doing both wrong.

Blogger JartStar October 27, 2015 2:21 PM  

Moderates can't wait to quote Matthew 5:44 but never quote this verse for their own side. 1 Peter 4:8 "Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins."

A moderate has no love of his own side, only perfectionism dressed up in love language.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 2:22 PM  

@BGS
The dose makes the poison - Paracelsus father of the therapeutic window
That is to say, substances considered toxic are harmless in small doses, and conversely an ordinarily harmless substance can be deadly if over-consumed.


And of the two main sides in Gamergate, who is it that is the poison? Who kills everything they infect? Whose ideology after it is adopted by companies make them lose tons of money?

Rhetorical questions, of course, but SJWism is a potent poison, and the moderate has not realized his lips turning blue in the midst of his delusions.

Blogger Tom Terrific October 27, 2015 2:24 PM  

Good article and interesting comments. I'd like to read more along these lines.

"Let God take care of it."

One thing I have learned in my 40 years as a Chrisrian, "If it's to be, it's up to me." We are God in the world. We are His hands, His feet. It is through us that His will is done - or not done.

Blogger Tom Terrific October 27, 2015 2:25 PM  

Good article and interesting comments. I'd like to read more along these lines.

"Let God take care of it."

One thing I have learned in my 40 years as a Chrisrian, "If it's to be, it's up to me." We are God in the world. We are His hands, His feet. It is through us that His will is done - or not done.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 2:28 PM  

> You think you're gonna shoot one or two times and stop? No. You don't. You won't. odds are you're gonna sit there pulling the trigger with the slide locked back.

Yep. I've thankfully never been in that situation, but I've been in enough that were even less stressful and had the same result.

Blogger FP October 27, 2015 2:31 PM  

"Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon. "

Inter arma enim silent leges.


Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 2:31 PM  

"You think you're gonna shoot one or two times and stop? No. You don't. You won't. odds are you're gonna sit there pulling the trigger with the slide locked back.. and you may even reholster the weapon without even noticing."

It is common for people to come apart under stress. How you shoot on the range under optimal conditions has little bearing on how you will perform when your life is actually threatened.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 2:31 PM  

Just because you long for the proverbial thorn in the flesh does not mean all are commanded to spread the other cheek.

Blogger wrf3 October 27, 2015 2:32 PM  

VD @30: Only ends CAN justify means

There is a sense where I agree with you. If I'm driving to the local coffee shop to start the morning, I can't drive through my neighbor's yard or run over pedestrians in order to get my caffeine fix. Those means are not justified by that end. But if I'm driving my pregnant wife to the hospital at three in the morning I have fewer qualms about speeding or running red lights (even though I still don't get to run over pedestrians).

In that case we're talking about different ends. But in the battle against the SJWs, I assume that there is one common goal: to end SJW-ism. One way to do that is physically destroy them. Another way might be to isolate them and let them destroy themselves. Another would be to get them to change their minds. One way to do that might be to use rhetoric against rhetoric and dialect against dialect. Another way would be to always and everywhere stand firm against their goals. And the list goes on.

Do you really think that the goal of ending SJW-ism, for example, justifies physically destroying them? Does it justify being like them? Is nothing off limits?

Finally, since I'm feeling contrary today, yes, theology is not everything. But everything is either viewed through Christ's eyes or our eyes. It's either "thy will be done" or "my will be done." And if that's so, then theology is central to understanding and doing God's will.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:33 PM  

I tried to explain the problem with this cat by going with the surgeon metaphor at one point.

Surgeon and Thug both use knives. Both cut people.

Same tactics. Different objectives. See its the objective that matters. Surgeons and street thugs are not the same.

That's when he went full austic on me.

Blogger BassmanCO October 27, 2015 2:34 PM  

If you are in a boxing match, you follow the rules (no elbows or blows below the belt, follow the ref's instructions). In a street fight, you do what it takes to survive and walk away. Kick the nuts, punch the throat, gouge eyes, whatever it takes.

Some people think a street fight should be a boxing match. Which, in the real world, can get you killed.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 2:35 PM  

An insight:
you just might
be catawhite!

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:36 PM  

"Do you really think that the goal of ending SJW-ism, for example, justifies physically destroying them? "

You're being attacked. You respond in kind. If the SJWs escalate... you escalate. If they take it to that level... actual killing.. then yes... killing them is justified.

That's what war is.

Blogger Peter Pan October 27, 2015 2:37 PM  

Dang, this was a good post.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 2:38 PM  

That's a great example Nate because surgeons are essentially high functioning serial killers, and that's what he's objecting to.

Blogger Robert Coble October 27, 2015 2:41 PM  

Is this the same Jesus, always meek and mild?

Luke 11: 14 Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed. 15 But some of them said, “By Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons.” 16 Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven.

17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebul. 19 Now if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your followers drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

21 “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. 22 But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

23 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

Sounds to me like he meant for us to make a decision, one way or the other, with no middle ground for moderates to shoot at their own side.

Failure to choose IS a choice, but not one that will leave you on the side of the angels.

Blogger wrf3 October 27, 2015 2:42 PM  

Nate @108: you respond in kind.

We obviously have different Bibles.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:45 PM  

"That's a great example Nate because surgeons are essentially high functioning serial killers, and that's what he's objecting to."

Correct. What people don't realize is.. this is what makes anesthesiologists so vital. They are the only things that keep the surgeon from killing you. And he's often doing thinks to you that very much should kill you very very dead. Sometimes even on accident.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:46 PM  

"We obviously have different Bibles."

Well you're a calvinist... you literally worship Satan. So I mean... yeah. We do.

Blogger Desiderius October 27, 2015 2:46 PM  

"imperious cheek turning"

+ 1

Blogger Nate Winchester October 27, 2015 2:49 PM  

I think there might be some misunderstanding since what Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla has in mind is probably this:
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/989729-gamergate
http://memegenerator.net/instance/60313893

And yes, MovieBob (who's tweet inspired the above) firmly SJW (like, honestly believes conservatives really are nazis, SJW).

This concludes contextbot's operation.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 2:50 PM  

> Do you really think that the goal of ending SJW-ism, for example, justifies physically destroying them?

Would they physically destroy us if given the opportunity?

But the answer to your question depends on whether they can be defeated without physically destroying them or not.

Blogger Markku October 27, 2015 2:51 PM  

Just because you long for the proverbial thorn in the flesh does not mean all are commanded to spread the other cheek.

Spread?!

Uh, Koanic, which cheeks are you spreading again?

Blogger wrf3 October 27, 2015 2:52 PM  

James Dixon @76 asked: And what do you do when there's only one means to an end or all means are equally distasteful?

Excellent question. Game theory is replete with examples where it's possible to get into a state where there is no path to the end without breaking the rules of the game. At that point you have to decide whether to break the rules and continue playing, walk away from the game, or concede defeat.

So our goal should be to be crucified and raise from the dead three days later? Somehow I don't think Christ expects that of us.

No, because that has already happened (Ephesians 2:1-7). We are supposed to be living the post-Resurrection life.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 2:53 PM  

> We obviously have different Bibles.

Quite likely. You don't strike me as the KJV type.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 2:54 PM  

> We are supposed to be living the post-Resurrection life.

Ah, so we're supposed to give a sermon on the mount and then ascend into heaven. No, somehow I don't think that's it either.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:55 PM  

"Spread?!"

THA LULZ

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 2:58 PM  

"Quite likely. You don't strike me as the KJV type."

Neither am I though. I hate KJV. I've never been much for politician bibles.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 2:59 PM  

@Markku
Uh, Koanic, which cheeks are you spreading again?

It's not him doing the spreading, it's the cucks who are, and almost religiously.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 3:00 PM  

This is straightforward. SJWs are holier than Pharisees are holier than thou. The only New Testament endorsed dialogue option is

"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

@118 That's nothing Markku; try working out the thorn in the flesh bit.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 3:03 PM  

@125

PREACH! Talk it!

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 3:03 PM  

> Neither am I though. I hate KJV. I've never been much for politician bibles.

Well, it's my native version of English, Nate. Of course I would prefer it. But yeah, I remembered that you don't like it.

Blogger Dexter October 27, 2015 3:03 PM  

But even in military conflict, we fight the way God tells us, not the way the enemy does.

Alrighty then.

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.


Just as God tells us!

Blogger GJ October 27, 2015 3:06 PM  

The ends justify or condemn the means; even those who oppose this principle condemn it precisely on the basis of the terrible ends it is supposed to engender.

OpenID pancakeloach October 27, 2015 3:11 PM  

Heh. I am one of the despised Calvinists, but the phrase "Let God take care of that" @37 gives me an extreme allergic reaction right along with the non-Calvinists. I do realize that there is a significant strain of Christianity in which people believe that God constantly goes around doing miracles, directly causing things to happen without human mediation, but I have never subscribed to this view. Even in the Bible God often uses elements of His creation to achieve His will, and thus saying anything along the lines of "It's all right to fail to oppose evil effectively because God will take care of it!" is utterly moronic.

Sure, at the Judgement, God will take care of it, but in the meantime there's such a thing as temporal justice.

OpenID elijahrhodes October 27, 2015 3:15 PM  

By the moderate's logic, if a thug were punching his wife in the face he would be morally obligated to allow it, and he would demand his wife do so as well, so that she would not be guilty of using the same tactics as the thug. Punching back would make her morally equivalent.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 3:19 PM  

@pancakeloach

Hell, even believing in double predestination doesn't mean that you can skive off what God commands you to do. It's still disobediance regardless.

Even if God goes around constantly doing miracles and directly causes things to happen doesn't mean that we should stop resisting evil.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 3:21 PM  

He who would enter the Kingdom of Heaven must become like a little girl. Catawhites spread the other cheek because they're glory-holier than Jesus. They justify themselves with their ends, and have received their reward in full. Prostate yourself before the Lord!

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 3:27 PM  

At a certain point if you engage in the same tactics, depending on what they are, you do become the enemy. Thought policing comes to mind, how many times have we seen the left try to ruin someone’s life and livelihood because of bad think, over things like wedding cakes and satirical quips about race or gender? If we do the same thing we are becoming what we hate, I have no desire to be the thought police and ruin people’s lives over bad think.

But in a fist fight I would completely endorse using the same tactics.

The exchange posted was so vague it didn’t seem very useful. They could have been just talking past each other the entire time.

Blogger Sensei October 27, 2015 3:35 PM  

Don't know if Matt's still around. I wanted to respond because I used to think and argue almost exactly as he does, and it may be a teachable moment.

I suspect Vox has no patience for this kind of thing because he is actively engaged in fighting battles (and winning them) against ideological opponents who are doing much damage in the world.

In America (Canada, etc., don't know where Matt's from), Christian thought has become almost entirely divorced from action. A few good churches are out helping the Kingdom come, but the rest of them are either CINO or they live entirely in a world of hypothetical theology.. theology that never touches the ground, if you will.

The "battlefield" is thus narrowed almost exclusively to apologetics and theological correctness, which is the battle well-meaning people keep showing up here to fight, not realizing they're trolling allies.

Matt means well and is right in much of what he says within his own context, but he's in a certain set of trenches and doesn't realize there's a whole other theater of war that Vox is fighting in, and here we're talking about this fight and not that one.

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 3:36 PM  

iirc, Sergeant Alvin York worked through a few reservations of his own:

His pastor doubled as the local postmaster, and three months after the war began for America, Alvin York — like millions of his male peers across the country — received his draft notice, brought to him personally by his pastor the postmaster. What to do? War violated his religion. The pastor suggested he file for conscientious objector. Alvin agreed. Not the most literate of men, Alvin filed thusly, writing simply on his response: “Dont [sic] want to fight.” He would say of this period: “I wanted to follow both [the Bible and the U.S.]. But I couldn’t. I wanted to do what was right…If I went away to war and fought and killed, according to the reading of my Bible, I weren’t a good Christian."

He hated war — yet he was a superb marksman. Deadly. He drew the attention of his commanding officers — his company commander Captain Danforth, and his battalion commander Major Buxton. Both men, as it happened, were devout Christians themselves. As reported here by the Sergeant York Discovery Expedition, the three began a long, unusual dialogue between commanders and corporal about when war is moral, or as many faiths call it today, they discussed what is a “just war.” Says the site:


Alvin shared his concerns with them. Buxton and Danforth knew their Bible very well, and dedicated hours of their time to contend with York’s doubts. They literally walked through the Bible together to debate the issue. For every verse the commanders used to support their position on warfare, York countered. Finally, one night, Captain Danforth read Ezekiel 33.

“But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.” Ezekiel 33:6

… Specifically, Danforth and Buxton… spent hours out of their time to the concerns of this one soldier. They had every reason to decline speaking with York, foremost was the serious time constraints the unit was under. They had only a few months to train raw recruits for combat. Despite this, they sacrificed their time to help York overcome his doubts. [York would later write:]

“We talked along these lines for over an hour…We did not get angry or even raise our voice. We jes (sic) examined the old Bible and whenever I would bring up the a passage opposed to war, Major Buxton would bring up another which sorter (sic) favored war. I believed that the Lord was in that room. I seemed to somehow feel His presence there.”

Eventually, Alvin came to the reluctant belief that in fact there was a time for war — and this moment was it. After the citation of Ezekiel 33:6, as the Sergeant York site puts it, “York stood up and said, ‘All right, I'm satisfied.’ With this assurance, he sought to excel in all that was entrusted to him.”


We find ourselves engaged in a war whether we like it or not. May we learn to excel in all that has been entrusted to us.

Blogger Matt Powell October 27, 2015 3:42 PM  

Sensei, thank you for your comment. I appreciate much that you say and would like to rejoin, but my comments on this subject are not welcome here, so I will not.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 3:42 PM  

Thought policing comes to mind, how many times have we seen the left try to ruin someone’s life and livelihood because of bad think, over things like wedding cakes and satirical quips about race or gender? If we do the same thing we are becoming what we hate, I have no desire to be the thought police and ruin people’s lives over bad think.

However, the moderate would take that an extra step by equating policing our own organizations with the SJW thought policing that seeks to ruin lives.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 3:43 PM  

> I have no desire to be the thought police and ruin people’s lives over bad think.

Then you will lose. They will have no hesitation at ruining your life.

Blogger Caedryn Stonelaw October 27, 2015 3:45 PM  

I've always been surprised by how little the average person understands the will to fight. You fight to win, full stop. In a serious situation such as home invasions or muggings, you have to understand you are already dead, you are fighting for the chance to live. I would guess that was what was meant by the phrase 'Dead to Rights(includes the right to life)'

Also, the churchian mindset seems to neglect entirely that the soul, mind, and body are all different, separate entities. You pray for a man's soul, even when executing a man's body, as it is intended to cease damage to the soul. Jesus was all about intentions in terms of souls and sins, however, we as people can only examine each other's means (body) and ends (minds). Which is why we can only justly punish or reward based on those. The difference between us an evil is demonstrably evident in the ends of our actions.

Same for the SJWs, these people are attacking you, the soul, by any of the three parts that presents its weaknesses first. It is a serious threat, as much as any fist or gun, and should be treated as such. However, in the interest of not trying to sound histrionic, since this is not an act solely of a physical matter, it does not exclusively necessitate a fist to the face. But it may have been a much greater kindness than what might have to be done if we keep letting our backs get into corners.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 3:46 PM  

We find ourselves engaged in a war whether we like it or not. May we learn to excel in all that has been entrusted to us.

Like the sniper from Saving Private Ryan.

Blogger wrf3 October 27, 2015 3:47 PM  

Rabbi B @136. The question isn't whether or not we are at war. We are. The question isn't whether or not to fight. We must. The question is what, if anything, in this war, constitutes war crimes (as judged by God).

Blogger Markku October 27, 2015 3:48 PM  

Everyone except JW's and Mormons has to admit that Jesus used rhetoric here:
Jhn 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Jhn 10:35
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Jhn 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

He knew damn well that his claim to being Son of God was a bigger claim than that of those judges being "gods". But the Scribes had no answer to it, and it was adequate to cow them.

Rhetoric is Christ-like.

Blogger Sensei October 27, 2015 3:48 PM  

Sensei, thank you for your comment. I appreciate much that you say and would like to rejoin, but my comments on this subject are not welcome here, so I will not.

You're welcome, and that's probably wise.. Respect is an aspect of theology I don't hear enough about anyway.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 3:50 PM  

WWI warn't just; just Christendom imploding. But hey, at least now we've got this shiny disco ball:

All are one flesh in Jesus Christ. If someone asks you for oral, give him anal also. Ass-traffic increases, go the extra mile. Let he who would come first be bottom among you. Behold, I shall make you fuckers of men.

Blogger Sensei October 27, 2015 3:52 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

OpenID Steve October 27, 2015 3:55 PM  

Just because you long for the proverbial thorn in the flesh does not mean all are commanded to spread the other cheek.

Spread?Uh, Koanic, which cheeks are you spreading again?


That would be the MCC's version of the bible. post 145 proves it.

Would they physically destroy us if given the opportunity?

They would import 3rd world savages to destroy us.

"You think you're gonna shoot one or two times and stop? No. You don't. You won't.

I will keep shooting until my target is deformed or catches fire. Cough.. I mean until I am no longer in fear for my life. I know people can keep going for a minute after deadly blows. To get to 8 shots with my bedside gun I would have to reload, but I think 6 shots of 12gauge or 45/.410 revolver should slow someone down.

maybe you got no idea what a shooting actually looks like.

I used to ask people on their last day working with me if there was anything I could have done to make them want to stay. One woman said "every time I work with you someone gets shot". She meant GSWs came in but I explained to her I only worked at that inner city hospital on fri & sat nights so it was the cities fault for not shooting enough people during the week. Shot placement is very important, unless you bought up a lifetime supply of those banned RHINO bullets.
-BGS

Blogger Rabbi B October 27, 2015 3:56 PM  

"The question is what, if anything, in this war, constitutes war crimes (as judged by God)."

Oh, thanks for the enlightenment. I may not be a smart man, but while you and rest of your ilk are sitting around wringing your hands and pontificating about what constitutes so-called "war-crimes," the rest of us are busy, busy doing and not busy SHOOTING AT OR DISTRACTING OUR OWN SIDE.

If you don't like the tactics, the means, whatever the reason, then don't employ them.

(as judged by G-d)

So long as it's not you.

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 3:59 PM  

Its not if you win or lose its how you play the game!!!!

Certainly true to a point, it depends on what we are talking about. I would look my son in the eye and say I was proud if he honorably did his best and still lost because the other side was dishonorable. My reaction certainly wouldn’t be disappointment that he didn’t cheat better than the other side so he could win.

It’s odd to me that any Christian would price winning over honor in most contexts.
After all is it not how we live our lives, how we play the game that matters the most, certainly more than trying to win? Win at all cost is the world’s standard, demonic in nature. Context does matter, but most of the time I would say that how you play the game is more important than winning.

Blogger Marie October 27, 2015 4:02 PM  

@131

You are on to something there. The moderate's problem is they refuse to acknowledge how much harm happens when you allow an SJW to have their say unchecked.

Most people don't think that hard or deeply about things. They listen to other people talk and base their beliefs on what they hear. They aren't evaluating ideas on their merits they are evaluating ideas based on the reception they get. If no one argues against an idea or they argue badly, then that idea is considered "better" and is accepted.

I'd rather mock the SJW's stupid idea so my best friend doesn't think it is a good idea than die an "honorable" death to an SJW's rhetoric and make a moderate happy. That ticks the moderates off. They love their "rules."

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 4:04 PM  

"If we do the same thing we are becoming what we hate, I have no desire to be the thought police and ruin people’s lives over bad think."

This begs the question of how exactly you intend to fight. If you can't "thought police", what is it that you ARE willing and able to do?

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 4:04 PM  

“However, the moderate would take that an extra step by equating policing our own organizations with the SJW thought policing that seeks to ruin lives.”

Honor and loyalty is key, we need to behave honorably and remain loyal to our own.

Blogger Desiderius October 27, 2015 4:08 PM  

Sensei,

"A few good churches are out helping the Kingdom come, but the rest of them are either CINO or they live entirely in a world of hypothetical theology.. theology that never touches the ground, if you will."

The exchange in the OP never did either - both the moderate and Vox/Nate avoided concrete (counter)examples entirely. Was this a conscious rhetorical strategy on your part, Vox?

"The 'battlefield' is thus narrowed almost exclusively to apologetics and theological correctness, which is the battle well-meaning people keep showing up here to fight, not realizing they're trolling allies."

No Christian theology can be correct without touching the ground (as well as the heavens). He is the Word made Flesh. Their exclusive abstraction is error, as one can readily see in both Mr. Scary Cell's argument and Matt's.

Blogger Sensei October 27, 2015 4:17 PM  

@153

No Christian theology can be correct without touching the ground (as well as the heavens). He is the Word made Flesh. Their exclusive abstraction is error, as one can readily see in both Mr. Scary Cell's argument and Matt's.

Exactly. A non-incarnate theology is merely a set of propositions, it's neither faith nor practice.

Blogger Doom October 27, 2015 4:28 PM  

Ah, Mr. Scary Cell is every Republican in office. I don't think it is idealism, however, mostly. Just money. And the rich who are feeding their campaigns are on the SJW side. Not for politics, just so they don't have to face the evil they do. No evil means the can do whatever they want, in their minds.

Also, that is why moderates are more hated than even the left. Both sides will be putting them up against the wall first, whichever side wins. Can't have that kind of bullshit lingering. Whichever side wins, nothing will be the same. Either way, it's... gone, done, over, at least for a while. And that war is coming.

Although, don't bother going after politicians. They are bought and sold as soon as they get to D.C. Find the few hundred families that buy and trade in them. There is, usually, only one head of those households who can keep it altogether and maintain the corruption. Far fewer, and easier, targets... if a little more difficult to locate. *wink*

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 4:33 PM  

"To get to 8 shots with my bedside gun I would have to reload, but I think 6 shots of 12gauge or 45/.410 revolver should slow someone down."

Ya know S&W makes a sweet 8 shot 357.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765757_-1_757783_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Gun Porn.

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 4:39 PM  

“This begs the question of how exactly you intend to fight. If you can't "thought police", what is it that you ARE willing and able to do?”

Keeping the context narrow (people posting on this are all over the map, from home invaders to concern trolling and the answer does change depending on what the context is) to thought police. I suppose ways to “fight” would be.

1. Lead by example, do not engage in PC and make it clear to others that you have no time for it and why.
2. Avoid making blunders in the wrong company, meaning don’t get yourself fired saying something stupid when you know you are enemy territory. Don’t make it easy for them.
3. Don’t use your talents to support progressive companies.
4. Don’t use your money to support progressive companies.
5. People are such sheep. Try to make PC unpopular, uncool, that will change the culture. Hard to do with all of media/entertainment on the PC band wagon…but there is always something cool about being a rule breaker.
6. Raise your children up to be strong and have a spine.
7. Help people, Love people, be bold for Christ. Nothing is going to drive a progressive crazier than an unapologetic Christian out there actually helping people.
8. Support people in legal fights who are being targeted by PC, give to those causes you support.
9. Support the NRA and GOA.
10. Take someone shooting.

That’s ten. I could come up with more. None of them involve trying to get someone fired for bad think.

We are talking about massive cultural phenomenon. One should expect his or her own range of influence to be limited…although God works in weird ways.

Blogger Nate October 27, 2015 4:43 PM  

"That’s ten. I could come up with more. None of them involve trying to get someone fired for bad think."

Its not bad think that is making your fire them Rufusdog.

You fire them because they are not there to be productive for your company or your organization. You fire them becuase they lied to you. You fire them because they want you to pay them, for using your company to forward their ends, rather than for working toward your company's or organization's goals.

Its not thought policing.

Its action policing.

You fire them because they are cancer and you don't want your organization to die.

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 4:51 PM  

That’s ten. I could come up with more. None of them involve trying to get someone fired for bad think.

Are you talking about your organization or just some random person who tweeted something?

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 5:03 PM  

> 4. Don’t use your money to support progressive companies.

Hard to do when the government supports them with your tax dollars, isn't it?

> Try to make PC unpopular, uncool,

5. ... You can do that by defeating them. How can you make winning uncool?

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 5:14 PM  

Josh,
If you are asking me who got fired for thought policing, no it’s not personal to me.
Years ago ISU ran off a Christian professor because he had bad think.
Bakers being prosecuted by our government because they won’t bake a queer cake.
Some old time academic guy made some quip about women in his field and they tarred and feathered him for it.
Anymore this stuff seems to be common place.
Those are examples of tactics the left use that I find loathsome. I have no interest in becoming what I hate.

Blogger Stilicho #0066 October 27, 2015 5:14 PM  

Tldr: moderate wants you to bring a knife to a gunfight because guns give him feelbadz.

Blogger John Wright October 27, 2015 5:15 PM  

"Any grand pronouncement that "Everything is _____" has a high probability of being incorrect."

So, in other words, "Everything is complex"!

I am glad I can boil this down to such a simple rule.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 27, 2015 5:16 PM  

That’s ten. I could come up with more.

I hope they're better than these. Most of these are passive and will have no effect on SJWs. Some are fine, quality activities, but people have been doing them for years without slowing the SJW advance. Punching them in the nose slowed their advance, in those areas where it has been tried so far.

Being better than them isn't good enough. You have to fight back, actively -- which you can do while still being better than them, because they are the aggressors.

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 5:16 PM  

Its not thought policing.

Its action policing.


Whatever we choose to call it, these are targeted efforts to minimize the power and influence of SJWs. If you're interviewing someone and a gigantic red flag shows up, it would be foolish to hire that person on the theory that they haven't actually done any harm yet and deserve a chance.

Rufusdog, most of that list consists of doing things that are defensive. Now I support doing every one of them, but they are still not enough. We must maintain the initiative and take the fight to them, when and where it will be effective, rather than sitting meekly by and waiting for our turn to be attacked.

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 5:22 PM  

“Hard to do when the government supports them with your tax dollars, isn't it?”

Yup. Not sure this is a fight that can currently be won, the cultural forces at work are so large.

Prayer and petition, grit your teeth and get on with it.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 5:23 PM  

@John Wright
I am glad I can boil this down to such a simple rule.

You cheeki breeki.
He quite specifically said "has a high probability".

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 5:23 PM  

Perhaps some people need to be reminded that we already achieved the society of tolerance that SJWs claimed for so long that they wanted. No sooner did we achieve it than they began demanding acceptance and participation from everyone. It is clear that, now that they seem to have the upper hand in some respects, they are not offering to us the tolerance they demanded for so long. Their demand is total submission. Are you willing to accept that?

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 5:25 PM  

Cartoon idea: Tank with one of those "Coexist" bumper stickers running over a guy carrying a cross. If it hasn't been done already.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 5:25 PM  

@rufusdog
Prayer and petition, grit your teeth and get on with it.

That's what conservatives have been trying to do for at leasty fifty years now. At what point does the possibility that maybe it's not a viable strategy begin to be contemplated?

Blogger Josh October 27, 2015 5:29 PM  

If you are asking me who got fired for thought policing, no it’s not personal to me.


No, that's not what I was asking.

There's a difference between thought policing some random person and getting them fired for a tweet and policing an organization that you are a part of. One is offensive, the other is defensive. Savvy?

Blogger Marie October 27, 2015 5:32 PM  

@161 "Those are examples of tactics the left use that I find loathsome. I have no interest in becoming what I hate."

With all due respect, you don't have the power to use those tactics. If you did have the power to use those tactics you might find the _threat_ is enough.

OpenID pancakeloach October 27, 2015 5:35 PM  

@34
"Thought policing comes to mind, how many times have we seen the left try to ruin someone’s life and livelihood because of bad think, over things like wedding cakes and satirical quips about race or gender? If we do the same thing we are becoming what we hate, I have no desire to be the thought police and ruin people’s lives over bad think."

This is a terrible mistake. Consider the past of the SJW: when they were not in power, and were in danger of being outcast by the establishment because of their insane, socially destructive ideas, they were 100% advocates of free speech and employment immunity for nonconforming opinions. As soon as they became the establishment themselves, they proceed to shut down all speech except their own and punish anyone who does not align with their own dogma.

Therefore, if you are in favor of free speech, the logical thing to do is present a credible threat of censorship to the SJWs. As soon as the censorship, shunning, and witch-hunts are used against the SJWs, the SJWs will switch back to being proponents of free speech again. It is only when the destruction is mutually assured that the nuclear option will not be used.

This does not mean that you immediately go nuclear on random crazy SJWs who are not already engaged in harassment themselves. You can reserve the tactic for defensive measures only: if an SJW leads a Twitter mob to get someone fired, then that person is a legitimate and necessary target of reprisal.

Would you try to reason a serial killer into compliance with your moral view that murder is wrong? Or would you throw him in jail so he can't keep killing? SJWs may not be murdering people (yet) but they certainly are ruining innocent people's lives, deliberately and with malice aforethought. Believing that sweet reason about the value of freedom of speech will convince an SJW to tolerate dissenting opinion is as ridiculous as believing that "GUN FREE ZONE" signs will deter a mass murderer!

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 5:36 PM  

"Prayer and petition, grit your teeth and get on with it."

Close your eyes and think of diversity.

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 5:36 PM  

I’m not sure how taking legal action, refusing to work for or buy stuff from shitty companies is defensive?

I mean…some pissing match on twitter…that is the thing, that’s going to push them back?

What is your list?

Blogger Were-Puppy October 27, 2015 5:41 PM  

90. Nate October 27, 2015 2:14 PM
I admit.. this was my favorite tweet of his...

Mr. Scary Cell @gameragodzilla
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

So honorable! Thanks for this!

Also... note the drama? what is it with the white knight histrionics?
---

It looks like doubling down. Maybe these guys are proto-sjws.

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 5:41 PM  

"I mean…some pissing match on twitter…that is the thing, that’s going to push them back?"

It can't hurt, and it is way more fun that sitting passively by waiting for the next attack/betrayal. We'll never know for sure how big a factor it was, but at least as of now it looks like the hanging the #cuckservative label on the GOPe has been absolutely crippling.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 5:52 PM  

It looks like doubling down. Maybe these guys are proto-sjws.

It's doubling down because it's a decision based on emotions. Which is also what SJWs do, true, but that's also like saying cuckservatives are proto-sjws. They're related, but they're not necessarily a precursor.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 5:56 PM  

Plan A: Benzene
Plan B: Twice as much explosives.
Plan C: See Plan B.

Blogger Cataline Sergius October 27, 2015 5:56 PM  

And now I have to go back on Twitter

DAMN IT!!!

Obviously the first problem is dealing with our own Burkean Moderates. We have to clean our own house first. I get that and it has to be done. It wont' be fun but get used to it.

A big part of how Burkean Silents and Boomers have maintained their power so far was by crossing the aisle from time to time and portraying themselves as Amenable to Reason Figures of Authority to the leftists.

Or in simpler terms they were willing to be useful whores for the SJWs if their effete sensibilities were offended by something the South Park Right said.

Bad news guys. We. Are. Not. The South Park Right. That ship has sailed. We are nowhere near as nice as the South Parkers were.

OpenID rufusdog October 27, 2015 5:57 PM  

“That's what conservatives have been trying to do for at leasty fifty years now. At what point does the possibility that maybe it's not a viable strategy begin to be contemplated?”

Well, you are never going to talk me out of prayer and petition, but certainly I would listen to whatever ideas you have? I meant what I said earlier, really tough sledding ahead, courts and both political parties stacked against you, half the country has lost its mind and we are importing millions who will vote for whoever promises the best hand out…

When I say “prayer and petition and get on with it” that is with my eyes wide open, we need some walls of Jericho type help.

Blogger Were-Puppy October 27, 2015 5:59 PM  

@140 Caedryn Stonelaw
I've always been surprised by how little the average person understands the will to fight. You fight to win, full stop.
---

It's the lack of a survival instinct.

Blogger Were-Puppy October 27, 2015 6:02 PM  

@143 Markku

Rhetoric is Christ-like.
---

I tried explaining this to a Christian friend, and I couldn't even get out an example of Jesus using rhetoric. The idea that Jesus would use rhetoric was enough to send this friend into a full out fit of get the behind me satan :P

Blogger Noah B #120 October 27, 2015 6:02 PM  

Rufusdog, the list basically consists of three things.

1) Speak out against SJWs in every way you believe will be effective. (Obviously, this can be divided into many arbitrary sub-categories.)
2) Prepare for option #3, in the hope it won't need to be used.
3) RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE

Blogger Were-Puppy October 27, 2015 6:06 PM  

@149 rufusdog

You either win, lose, or draw.

This whole idea reminds me of excitable girlfriend who claims "It's not what you said, it's how you said it."

Blogger Sensei October 27, 2015 6:18 PM  

@181

When I say “prayer and petition and get on with it” that is with my eyes wide open, we need some walls of Jericho type help.

I think I'd use the analogy of Sodom, except the US does still have the 50 righteous people. (Genesis 18, second half) As a Christian, if you love God, you'll be leading people to God and making disciples because He said so. If you love your country, you'll be doing it because you don't want what happens when you drop below 10...

So prayer, yes, but as we actively go about being Salt and Light.
(It just so happens that SJWs are nocturnal slugs... so bringing salt to Twitter works too)

Blogger Bradford Walker October 27, 2015 6:25 PM  

Something I learned long ago, the hard way: Victory needs no justification. Defeat allows none. Conquest justifies.

The moderate has yet to grok this lesson. They still thing that how they go about a thing matters more than winning or losing. Nonsense. That's something you do during the clean-up after the fight is over and the war is won, to secure the peace. Once the war is on, all that matters is winning. Do what it takes without concern, because it won't matter if you lose because you will be dead. Life belongs to the hardcore.

Blogger Groot October 27, 2015 6:41 PM  

@13. Steve, the Dark Ninja of Mockery:
"'And history is also full of people who fought against monsters and eventually became them in the end.'
"Yes. Like... uh... examples."

Earl Harbinger and his redheaded girl.

Blogger Student in Blue October 27, 2015 6:55 PM  

@rufusdog
Well, you are never going to talk me out of prayer and petition, but certainly I would listen to whatever ideas you have?

Since prayer, petition, and not fighting back hasn't worked... I'd suggest giving prayer, petition, and fighting back a shot. It certainly seems to have had a great effect.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 27, 2015 6:58 PM  

Well, you are never going to talk me out of prayer and petition

No one's trying to. You can pray and fight. What do you think Christians did at Lepanto? We have a much longer history of Christian Soldiers than we do of Christian Can't-We-All-Just-Get-Along-ers.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 27, 2015 7:02 PM  

#11: Don't go around telling people who are trying to fight that they're not being very nice, or ridicule their efforts as not effective enough to suit you.

Blogger James Dixon October 27, 2015 8:20 PM  

> I mean…some pissing match on twitter…that is the thing, that’s going to push them back?

Yes. These people are mentally unstable, and social media is a big part of their lives. Making it unlivable for them may actually push them over the edge to where they're no longer functional and can no longer mount an offensive.

Blogger Trimegistus October 27, 2015 8:34 PM  

Why shouldn't we become monsters?

The left has worked for decades to make the world safe for monsters -- monsters like Stalin or Pol Pot. They've done this because they think that they will always be on the side of the monsters.

Don't believe their lies about wanting good things for people, or the lies of apologists who claim leftists are good at heart but take things to an extreme. That's just false. Leftists want the monsters. They want to see the piles of heads next to the guillotine. They want to see the Killing Fields. They want to hear the screams from the cellars of the Lubyanka. If they were not cowards and weaklings, they'd even pick up a machete and join in the massacres. The monstrosity is the goal for them; a way to lash out at a world in which they are not the strongest, smartest, sexiest, and richest. A world which does not conform to their whims, and therefore deserves punishment. They love monsters because monsters hate the world just as they do.

And since leftists love monsters and monstrosity, it is only right and proper to meet them head-on with monsters of our own. Let them feel the fear they wish to inspire in others. Let them understand what it means when your foe shows no mercy. Let them see what power unchecked by law or morality feels like.

No weapon should be off-limits, no tactic should be too low, no strategy out of bounds. They hate law and mercy and morality so they deserve no protection. This is what they want, let them have it good and hard.

Blogger Markku October 27, 2015 8:39 PM  

Yes. These people are mentally unstable, and social media is a big part of their lives. Making it unlivable for them may actually push them over the edge to where they're no longer functional and can no longer mount an offensive.

Exactly. When you develop chronic anxiety, especially in relation to depression, it is amazing how small things can cause great and lasting pain.

Blogger Markku October 27, 2015 8:39 PM  

So, take away the safe spaces. Guarantee that there is nowhere that they can expect to rest and recuperate without being attacked.

Blogger JCclimber October 27, 2015 9:34 PM  

The ends do NOT justify the means. Saul was rejected by God for that kind of example.

However, there is a considerable number of actions that are Christ-like.
How is doxxing not Christ-like?
How is answering Rhetoric with Rhetoric not Christ-like?

Leviticus clearly shows the importance of "action policing", which is quite similar to "thought policing" if you have proof from their actions of what their thoughts are.

Purging the SJWs from your organizations is important.

Blogger JCclimber October 27, 2015 9:38 PM  

As for the pussy way out of saying that we shouldn't fight back, I will point out that the battle is the Lords', but that He calls each of us to be His soldiers. And go where the Holy Spirit commands us.

Just be sure it is the Holy Spirit, or He may say "I never knew you" despite all the things you did in His name.

Also, don't be a defeatist. Our fight against Satan and the forces of darkness is not out battle to win, but Christ's. And He calls us to actively take up our cross and battle under His banner. We can't lose if we fight under His banner, but we are to fight, and we may lose our life. But there is the promise of the Resurrection.

Blogger Durandel Almiras October 27, 2015 10:04 PM  

There is a special circle of hell for cowards. Heaven is filled with heroes, not hand wringing luke warm nice guys who crap their pants when they are confronted by evil.

We need to bring back martial religious orders. I'm sick of priests and pastors preaching a hippy peace and love Jesus who is just nice and welcoming and is a giant rug meant to be walked upon. I didn't realize to Churchians that Christ is the great Cuck and we should all follow him and spread the other cheek.

I think we may need an Inquistion first before the Reconquista 2.0 and the next Crusades.

Blogger Koanic October 27, 2015 10:07 PM  

Yes because Jesus said, "Saul Saul why are you persecuting?" not "Saul Saul why are you persecuting ME?"

Twisting scripture, smells like a Calvinist!

Blogger John Wright October 27, 2015 10:47 PM  

Forgive me, but for the life of me I cannot see why such simple principles cause so much debate.

Sports are as artificial as the usages of war among Christian and civilized nations. In a sporting event, you do not cheat to win, because the whole point of sports is not to teach ruthlessness (that is the point of boot camp) but to teach how to win without vaunting and lose without whining so that next week another team will be willing to play you. It is meant to teach courage and self-command.

Wars between civilized nations are conducted with certain mutually recognized restrictions because civilized nations recognize that they will be neighbors after the war is over, and may be allies in the next war.

A mugging is not a sporting event, nor is a war with socialists, barbarians, or Mohammedans, or SJWs. They do not have our worldview, our values, nor our sense of fairfplay. In their warped and twisted worlds, it is considered a sign of weakness to act with restraint on your behavior, and they offer no reciprocity, no mutual restraint, if you do.

I have been astonished that the entire Mohammedan strategy in this century has been nothing but harping on this one folly: the assumption that a gentleman treats a villain like a gentlemen, and fights with civilized restraint when fighting someone who might be a friend or ally in the future.

They will never be friends or allies. They have not the capacity. An SJW is deliberately and totally set against the world of civilization, and hates the niceties and rules of war that protect them. They like riots. They cheer at sabotage, at cop killers, at sneak attacks, at ambushes against women and children. Read their literature, look at their politics, listen to their speeches.

They are natural allies with the Mohammedans: both are humans who have repudiated their humanity, thinking subhumanity is stronger.Both praise subhuman barbarism, both hate Christ, both despise civilization.

When fighting such creates as these, after making an initial offer to any undecideds (who should not take more than a deep breath's space of time to decide) one attacks the barbarian without quarter,without mercy,by any means,fair or foul,and fights to extermination, ignoring pleas for mercy, since such pleas are too often false, and cannot be trusted.

The barbarian is always at your throat or at your feet.

1 of 2

1 – 200 of 233 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts