Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Can confirm

"If you say "Vox Day" three times, he might appear in a malignant cloud of brimstone and a thundering bassline of techno."

All right, so it's more House than Techno, but this was always my favorite mix of "Silicon Jesus". Unless you've got the CD single or came across it in a club, it's unlikely you've heard it before. Called "House of Jesus", Paul did it, although he threw in the little keyboard riff that Dan borrowed from 2Unlimited.

The one thing marring it was the bizarre two-second"XXHHHRRRHH-XXXHHRRR-RRRHH" that somehow got added in the mastering process at 4:35. I still have no idea how that happened, but Wax Trax! was in too much of a rush to get the CD out to fix it. And granted, a two-second flaw deep into the 5th remix of their new band's first single just wasn't a major priority to them. The Duality mix was the studio mix that they were pushing on vinyl. Frankly, I thought it was too disjointed and that most of our mixes were better.

Anyhow, one thing I always thought we did very well was to do entirely different remixes, to the point that some of our fans genuinely thought that the "Welcome to My Mind" CD single was a new album.



Anonymous Baseball Savant March 08, 2016 10:43 AM  

who is saying "GIVE IT UP!"?????

Anonymous Brick Hardslab March 08, 2016 10:55 AM  

A thundering bass line?

Blogger VD March 08, 2016 11:03 AM  

A thundering bass line?

Club music is usually mixed in a way that you can't even hear the bass properly unless you've got giant speakers. Ideally, you feel it in your chest more than you hear it.

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 08, 2016 11:09 AM  

BabyMetal would tear this up, you sex machine that takes me past the veil of mortal brotherhood. If only you would move to Japan where you would fit in better.

Give it up, indeed.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab March 08, 2016 11:10 AM  

Gave the giant speakers away to the kids when I put my vinyl in storage. I am way too old.

Blogger August March 08, 2016 11:27 AM  

Even supreme dark lords have weaknesses.

Blogger Krul March 08, 2016 11:27 AM  

This is the third* techno song that I remember hearing. Since three is a pattern, I can now say with authority that all techno sounds the same.

*the first
the second

Anonymous TS March 08, 2016 11:45 AM  

"Unlearn" seems pretty popular. Just found out you guys did a song for Mortal Combat!

Blogger VD March 08, 2016 11:46 AM  

Just found out you guys did a song for Mortal Combat!

Two, actually.

Blogger Escoffier March 08, 2016 11:57 AM  

Which gives me cause to quote one of my favorite lines from Shaun of the dead...

"it's not Hip Hop It's electro."

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 08, 2016 11:58 AM  

Why do I have the eerie feeling that The Blues Brothers are getting the band back together on a mission from God?

This can't possibly end well.

Blogger Conan the Cimmerian March 08, 2016 12:38 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous plokoon March 08, 2016 12:40 PM  

Utter blasphemy.

Blogger Conan the Cimmerian March 08, 2016 12:40 PM  


Oh the second ... and many lulz were had.

Blogger praetorian March 08, 2016 12:48 PM  


OpenID denektenorsk March 08, 2016 1:16 PM  

Supreme Dark Lord,

I discovered a few months ago that I am a long term fan of your work. I used to listen to your band when I was at university in the early 90s. My prefered genres were electronic, industrial and metal bands (so plenty of Wax Trax! albums in my collection at the time). The Mortal Kombat sound track was a really good collection, shame about the movie (but entirely predictable really).

I used to annoy my residence floormates on a weekly basis with my "shit music" (ironic from the types that listen to top 40 pop crap, but I digress). I had Cerwin-Vegas with 12" sub-woofers so they definitely felt it in their chests alright.

Blogger Thomas Davidsmeier March 08, 2016 1:16 PM  

*vomits all over himself*

Is it supposed to have this effect on me?

Blogger TheDanielsaur March 08, 2016 1:34 PM  

Never actually listened to your band's music until today, but I am digging it!

Blogger Ingot9455 March 08, 2016 1:45 PM  

@16 Only if you're weak.

Blogger Conan the Cimmerian March 08, 2016 1:49 PM  

It's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

Blogger CarpeOro March 08, 2016 2:28 PM  

Techno is one of the points on which we disagree. I'd say the bit at 4:35 was close to the part I liked the most. It broke the looping at least.

Anonymous Steve March 08, 2016 3:42 PM  

Never been a huge club music fan, but that's a slice of early 90's nostalgia right there.

Good times.

Anonymous LastRedoubt March 08, 2016 3:44 PM  

Damn, the memories. Some buddies and I were into industrial in the early 90's. Mostly courtesy of a buddy who came from Chicago.

Oddly never remembered hearing any Psychosonic back then, but remember a lot of their bands. Front 242, Laibach, Meat Beat Manifesto, KMFDM, and of course Ministry and 1000 homo DJ's.

So nice tune, will have to listen to some more.

Blogger Silly But True March 08, 2016 5:07 PM  


While I wouldn't think you guys hung out at the same bars getting into brawls or scoring heroin together, I'm presuming you had some interaction with Alejandro Jourgensen during your time at Wax Trax. I recall at about the time of his Psalm69 / NWO release that he suggested his muse was a Republican president in the White House. I looked back at his good albums/singles and the bad ones, and I had to agree with him at least until that point in time. (It seems that GWB just drove him nuts).

I wonder what he would do with an anti-Bush/anti-establishment Republican. Will the resulting Ministry album during the Trump years be Land of Rape and Honey or Filth Pig?

Anonymous jon March 08, 2016 5:45 PM  

Hmmm ... I would've guessed metalhead, or if dance music, at least ska. Interesting.

Anonymous Thank you for the Mortal Kombat album March 08, 2016 6:15 PM  

Ha, I only found your blog because I was doing a search on your old group. Your first CD was one of the first ones I ever bought.

Blogger Patrikbc March 08, 2016 9:18 PM  

Now I miss the wax trax black box set.

Blogger The Daily Ground Hog March 08, 2016 9:55 PM  

I don't know how long ago you did this, but I was 21 in 1978 and this is worse than the best disco and I really hated disco. I enjoy your writing, your opinions, your arguments; but please no more. You are a much better as the Dread Lord of Darkness. I suppose you could use this to torture SJW's in the dungeon. Probably not though. They would just want to dance. Lord it was awful.

Blogger Factory March 09, 2016 1:52 AM  

Reminds me of some of the KMFDM side projects, or maybe My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult. The 90's was an underrated decade for music.

OpenID cirsova March 09, 2016 11:37 AM  

Yeah, when I'd heard Vox played industrial music, my first thought was Boyd Rice, Esplendor Geometrico or The Gerogerigegege.

Anonymous Johnny Caustic March 10, 2016 2:00 AM  

Vox, did you sing any of the vocals in this song?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts