ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Why he left the conservative movement

A lifelong conservative Republican informs the conservative media why he is no longer a conservative:
Let me say up front that I am a life-long Republican and conservative. I have never voted for a Democrat in my life and have voted in every presidential and midterm election since 1988. I have never in my life considered myself anything but a conservative. I am pained to admit that the conservative media and many conservatives’ reaction to Donald Trump has caused me to no longer consider myself part of the movement. I would suggest to you that if you have lost people like me, and I am not alone, you might want to reconsider your reaction to Donald Trump. Let me explain why.

First, I spent the last 20 years watching the conservative media in Washington endorse and urge me to vote for one candidate after another who made a mockery of conservative principles and values. Everyone talks about how thankful we are for the Citizens’ United decision but seems to have forgotten how we were urged to vote for the coauthor of the law that the decision overturned. In 2012, we were told to vote for Mitt Romney, a Massachusetts liberal who proudly signed an individual insurance mandate into law and refused to repudiate the decision. Before that, there was George W. Bush, the man who decided it was America’s duty to bring democracy to the Middle East (more about him later). And before that, there was Bob Dole, the man who gave us the Americans with Disabilities Act. I, of course, voted for those candidates and do not regret doing so. I, however, am self-aware enough to realize I voted for them because I will vote for virtually anyone to keep the Left out of power and not because I thought them to be the best or even really a conservative choice. Given this history, the conservative media’s claims that the Republican party must reject Donald Trump because he is not a “conservative” are pathetic and ridiculous to those of us who are old enough to remember the last 25 years.

Second, it doesn’t appear to me that conservatives calling on people to reject Trump have any idea what it actually means to be a “conservative.” The word seems to have become a brand that some people attach to a set of partisan policy preferences, rather than the set of underlying principles about government and society it once was. Conservatism has become a dog’s breakfast of Wilsonian internationalism brought over from the Democratic Party after the New Left took it over, coupled with fanatical libertarian economics and religiously-driven positions on various culture war issues. No one seems to have any idea or concern for how these positions are consistent or reflect anything other than a general hatred for Democrats and the Left.
TL;DR: He is an American nationalist who rejects cuckservatism.

For many years, people on both sides of the political spectrum have repeatedly tried to label me a conservative. If you look back to the very beginning, to my first column on WND after 9/11, I have steadfastly resisted that label because I have always known that I do not share an outlook with those who proudly wear it.

I am a nationalist, I am a traditionalist, I am a Christian, and I am right-wing, but I am most definitely not a conservative. I never was and I never will be.

The reason is this: conservatives are nothing more than progressives in slow motion.

The author, a veteran, proceeds to address the neoconning of conservatism, as reflected in conservatism's newfound enthusiasm for violently exporting what it deceptively calls "democracy" around the world:
Third, there is the issue of the war on Islamic extremism. Let me say upfront that, as a veteran of two foreign deployments in this war, I speak with some moral authority on it. So please do not lecture me on the need to sacrifice for one’s country or the nature of the threat that we face. I have gotten on that plane twice and have the medals and t-shirt to prove it. And, as a member of the one percent who have actually put my life on the line in these wars movement conservatives consider so vital, my question for you and every other conservatives is just when the hell did being conservative mean thinking the US has some kind of a duty to save foreign nations from themselves or bring our form of democratic republicanism to them by force? I fully understand the sad necessity to fight wars and I do not believe in “blow back” or any of the other nonsense that says the world will leave us alone if only we will do that same. At the same time, I cannot for the life of me understand how conservatives of all people convinced themselves that the solution to the 9-11 attacks was to forcibly create democracy in the Islamic world. I have even less explanations for how — 15 years and 10,000 plus lives later — conservatives refuse to examine their actions and expect the country to send more of its young to bleed and die over there to save the Iraqis who are clearly too slovenly and corrupt to save themselves.

The lowest moment of the election was when Trump said what everyone in the country knows: that invading Iraq was a mistake. Rather than engaging the question with honest self-reflection, all of the so called “conservatives” responded with the usual “How dare he?” Worse, they let Jeb Bush claim that Bush “kept us safe.” I can assure you that President Bush didn’t keep me safe. Do I and the other people in the military not count? Sure, we signed up to give our lives for our country and I will never regret doing so. But doesn’t our commitment require a corresponding responsibility on the part of the president to only expect us to do so when it is both necessary and in the national interest?

And since when is bringing democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan so much in the national interest that it is worth killing or maiming 50,000 Americans to try and achieve?
Devastating. Absolutely devastating.

Labels: ,

275 Comments:

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 275 of 275
Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 3:56 PM  

So if Reagan deviates from conservatism in any way over the years, he's not a conservative. Um, no.

You stated that you support marriage. You stated that Ronald Reagan was a conservative. Since you're just here to vomit cuckservative talking points you probably were ignorant of the history of no fault divorce. So now, rather than be a man and admit you might be wrong, you move the goalposts.

Just like I'd expect a cuckservative to do.

As I said, it's an attitude.

Define this "attitude", then. Since you can't define "conservative" in any terms other than handwaving, and you can't defend both marriage and no-fault divorce, maybe you can take a try at this one. Although I predict you'll fail on this, too.

Also, a bit understandable considering we are talking about California.

Geeze, cucky, is that the best you can do?

Karl Rove isn't getting much value out of you, cucky.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 3:57 PM  

BTW, does it mean anything if Cruz wins Kansas by over 50%?

Only to cuckservatives.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:01 PM  

198. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
Reagan supported no-fault divorce in California.
He shouldn't have done that, but it wasn't the end of the world. Oops.
Maybe his failed marriage to Jane Wyman colored his views. To err is human, to forgive divine.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:04 PM  

Uh-oh, Here comes the "cuckservative" namecalling. I'm not sure how I'll be able to sleep tonight, knowing that I've lost "A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents'" respect.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:08 PM  

DAY-UM!!!
It is an ASS-WHOOPING in Kansas!
I hope their early returns don't influence the races in KY or LA or ME. I already predicted Trump would win two of those, and I'd hate to be embarrassed by having Cruz win instead.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 4:13 PM  

Reagan supported no-fault divorce in California.

No, Reagan signed into law no-fault divorce in California. That's more than "support". So your "conservative" definition includes no-fault divorce, when convenient, and opposes it when convenient.

Your "conservativism" is the "conservatism" of a weathervane - whichever way the wind blows, you'll "conserve" it, right?

He shouldn't have done that, but it wasn't the end of the world. Oops.

It's too soon to tell if no-fault divorce is the end of the world, but it has caused immense damage to the social fabric of the nation, has cost yuuge sums of money, has resulted in the deaths of probably millions of men, has led to great damage to millions more of children who then grew up to be damaged men and women.

Weathervane that you are, I don't expect you to understand this.


Maybe his failed marriage to Jane Wyman colored his views.

Oh, did you spend some time on Wiki and accidentally learn something? Do you want a cookie as a reward? Maybe next time you could try learning before opining? Or would that get in the way of your cuckservative talking points?

To err is human, to forgive divine.

Are you now claiming to be God, cucky?

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:17 PM  

204. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
Look at you, lashing out. I'll pray for your soul.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 05, 2016 4:22 PM  

Matt Edwards wrote:Reagan supported no-fault divorce in California.

He shouldn't have done that, but it wasn't the end of the world. Oops.

Gawd you're dumb.

Maybe his failed marriage to Jane Wyman colored his views. To err is human, to forgive divine.

Reagan also, with the full support of the GOP, signed California's law permitting abortion. Years before Roe v Wade.
The GOP is not and never has been conservative. They benefited from the support of conservatives for the last 40 years, because Conservatives had nowhere else to go. There were attempts in 1964 (Goldwater), 1980(Reagan Supporters), 1992(Buchannann) and 2008(Paul) to capture the party for Conservatism. They failed. Reagan, while he was supported by conservatives, was himself not particularly conservative and did not make any effort to capture the ideological and financial apparatus of the party. That's why he selected GHWB as VP.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 4:23 PM  

Matt Edwards, look at you, concern-trolling this blog with your ignorant cuckservative Karl Rove talking points.

Isn't it about time for you to declare victory and go get your cookie from your mommy?

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:26 PM  

206. Snidely Whiplash March 05, 2016 4:22 PM
Matt Edwards wrote:
Reagan supported no-fault divorce in California.

He shouldn't have done that, but it wasn't the end of the world. Oops.

Gawd you're dumb.


That's odd. I don't remember writing "Gawd you're dumb." Maybe I blacked out. Maybe we can have Vox check the record with his godlike administrator's powers.
I'm gonna need an instant replay.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 4:27 PM  

Ten years from now Matt Edwards will be opposing the legalization of poly-marriage and defending gay marriage.

Because "conservatism".

Irony: my Captcha is "waffles".

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:30 PM  

206. Snidely Whiplash March 05, 2016 4:22 PM
That's why he selected GHWB as VP.
That must be why the establishment fought tooth and nail to defeat his candidacy: because he was in their pockets!
Man, those guys are clever!

Blogger James Dixon March 05, 2016 4:32 PM  

> So it's semantics time, is it?

You're the one who defined your term, not me. It appears that your definition has a few limitations.

> ... except that it would've been retarded.

And your point is?

> Or, you could've just assumed I meant the good things.

If I'm going to just assume good things about people, I'd rather assume them about Trump than you.

> See how easily I dismissed that? Just like a Trump supporter.

Yes, Matt, as I noted early, we're well aware of how readily you disqualify arguments and people.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:34 PM  

208. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
I sympathize with your pain at the ASS BLASTING your candidate is getting in Kansas. Just lie back, and think of conservatism.

Blogger James Dixon March 05, 2016 4:36 PM  

> Reagan, while he was supported by conservatives, was himself not particularly conservative

Reagan is the one who said ""I didn't leave the Democratic Party, The party left me." He was more conservative than the Rockefeller Republicans, but that's all you can say.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 4:40 PM  


I sympathize with your pain at the ASS BLASTING your candidate is getting in Kansas.


Gee whiz, cucky, what gave you the idea I'm a Republican?

Just lie back, and think of conservatism.

Sorry, cucky, I don't roll that way. Since you are looking for hot, gay, action and you're obviously a bottom, maybe you should be trolling Milo or Big Gay Steve?

But don't get upset, it's ok, Matt Edwards, we accept gays here. You can be calm about your orientation. This is a safe space for you.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 4:45 PM  

I sympathize with your pain at the ASS BLASTING your candidate is getting in Kansas.

What makes you think I'm a Republican, cucky?

Just lie back, and think of conservatism.

Sorry, I don't roll that way, only find women interesting.
So you're a bottom, eh? Not a surprise. I wonder how many other cuckservatives are still in the closet?

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 4:48 PM  

I sympathize with your pain at the ASS BLASTING your candidate is getting in Kansas.

What makes you think I'm a Republican, cucky?

Just lie back, and think of conservatism.

Sorry, I don't roll that way, only find women interesting.
So you're a bottom, eh? Not a surprise. I wonder how many other cuckservatives are still in the closet?

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 4:54 PM  

213. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
Wow, you're good. All this time you've been advocating for Trump, I thought you might be an actual Trump supporter.
It's like you're bulimic: you can read minds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG6Jg17Ouus

Blogger rcocean March 05, 2016 5:06 PM  

need to retitle this comment thread the "Matt Edwards and Friends"

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:09 PM  

215. rcocean
Yeah, I'm bored. You take your entertainment where you can get it.
It's okay...when the results for KY and LA come in, I'm sure the pro-Trump camp will "rub my nose in it."
Enjoy your victory, you magnificent bastards!

Anonymous Steve March 05, 2016 5:11 PM  

Ten years from now Matt Edwards will be opposing the legalization of poly-marriage and defending gay marriage.

To be fair, having seen pictures of "poly" people on the internet, I agree they should all be married to each other in one of those Moonie-style mass weddings.

Then drowned.

Anonymous Steve March 05, 2016 5:13 PM  

This comment was brought to you by Matt Edwards and friends, in association with Panda Insurance.

Panda: we're endangered because we really don't give a fuck.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:15 PM  

217. Steve March 05, 2016 5:11 PM
Ten years from now Matt Edwards will be opposing the legalization of poly-marriage and defending gay marriage.

The thing is, that's not even accurate. In Buckley-esque style, I intend to stand athwart history, yelling "Stop!"
I'm a dead-ender, if there ever was one.

Blogger Escoffier March 05, 2016 5:17 PM  

Neanderserk wrote:
Summary: I am a son of Jehovah, the God of the Bible. Politically, I am a paleoconservative neoreactionary nationalist.


Summary I am a Nationalist and a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:19 PM  

Horatius at the Bridge
http://www.bartleby.com/360/7/158.html

Anonymous Steve March 05, 2016 5:19 PM  

Matt - OK, but how did that work out for Bill Buckley?

Blogger Escoffier March 05, 2016 5:19 PM  

Matt Edwards wrote:
Trump supporters don't understand what actual conservatism is, so they have no frame of reference for judging if someone is lying to them about it. They fail the conservative Turing Test.


That may be true but they know they are hurting and want it to stop. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:23 PM  

223. Escoffier
Fine. But there's a right way, and a wrong way to make it stop. It's the difference between justice and revenge.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 5:25 PM  

@176 Neanderserk

"A son of Jehovah, the God of the Bible" puts a middle finger right through the Pharisees' eyeball.
---

FWIW, when I read that I think of a Jehovah Witness. Not sure if that's what you are meaning to imply.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:25 PM  

222. Steve March 05, 2016 5:19 PM
Matt - OK, but how did that work out for Bill Buckley?
See #221.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 5:37 PM  

It's like a Mai Tai Massacre in here

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:37 PM  

Uh-oh!
Early returns out of Maine not looking good for Trump.
Cruz: 48%, Trump 35%.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:40 PM  

227. Were-Puppy
Sorry, baby. It's beer tonight: Corona.
I just hope I don't lose my "street cred" because it's Mexican beer!

Blogger James Dixon March 05, 2016 5:42 PM  

> But there's a right way, and a wrong way to make it stop. It's the difference between justice and revenge.

The right way has been denied to us for 28 years and counting. At this point we'll take whatever path is available.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 5:42 PM  

In Buckley-esque style, I intend to stand athwart history, yelling "Stop!"

Trolling this blog with cuckservative GOPe talking points approved by Karl Rove is surely yelling "Stop" at something.

The question is, what is it you are trying to stop?

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 5:44 PM  

All this time you've been advocating for Trump, I thought you might be an actual Trump supporter.

You have a real problem with reading comprehension.

But that's not surprising in a GOPe cuckservative concern troll.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:45 PM  

231. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
Karl Rove: Buckely-ite.
-- said no one, ever.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 5:47 PM  

To be fair, having seen pictures of "poly" people on the internet…

Yeesh. A couple of lesbians "married" to a beta boy, now that's sure to work out well.

Blogger James Dixon March 05, 2016 5:47 PM  

> Enjoy your victory, you magnificent bastards!

No see, Matt, was that that hard to type? We're not your enemies here. You enemies are the Clinton supporters. We simply disagree about what candidate will best represent us.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:47 PM  

232. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
Go ahead, call me a "cuckservative" again. It worked so well the first 20 times.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 5:49 PM  

Matt Cuckservative to Escoffier:
But there's a right way, and a wrong way to make it stop. It's the difference between justice and revenge.


"More of the same beatings" , i.e. cuckservatism, is not the way to make the pain stop, cucky. And "More of the same" is what you offer with your GOPe Karl Rove approved talking points.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:49 PM  

235. James Dixon March 05, 2016 5:47 PM
Enjoy your victory, you magnificent bastards!

No see, Matt, was that that hard to type?


For some reason, it was a lot easier after I started drinking.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 5:50 PM  

@229 Matt Edwards
227. Were-Puppy
Sorry, baby. It's beer tonight: Corona.
I just hope I don't lose my "street cred" because it's Mexican beer!
---

What treachery is this? What about the Labbats? What about Moosehead? Ya hoser!

Anonymous WINDUP March 05, 2016 5:54 PM  

Used to identify as a Nationalist. However, I looked more and more like the idea that a Group of People form a nation instead of the other way around.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 5:54 PM  

Karl Rove: Buckely-ite.

Yeah, pretty much the case.

-- said no one, ever.

I'll say it. Buckley changed quite a lot in the 1980's and 1990's. By the Clinton years he was pretty much GOPe. Quite different from the 1960's.

Sorry if this is too complicated for you, and there's nothing on your latest email blast from the GOPe to enable you to deal with it.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:56 PM  

239. Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 5:50 PM
What treachery is this? What about the Labbats? What about Moosehead? Ya hoser!

I am so tired of immigrants coming here and taking our jobs. FUCKING CANADIANS!!!

Blogger Ilíon March 05, 2016 5:58 PM  

VD: "TL;DR: He is an American nationalist who rejects cuckservatism."

He never was a conservative -- but then, neither are most who call themselves that -- rather, he was a "soft" libertarian who has now turned more socialistic.

"Nationalism", as distinct from patriotism -- is inevitably socialistic.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 5:59 PM  

241. A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents
Wow, man. That blew my mind. I think I'm gonna go back to my pad and rethink my life!

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 6:04 PM  

Wow, man. That blew my mind. I think I'm gonna go back to my pad and rethink my life!

If anything here actually encourages you to think rather than emote and react, your time won't be entirely wasted.

Blogger James Dixon March 05, 2016 6:07 PM  

> For some reason, it was a lot easier after I started drinking.

Well, it worked for Hemingway and Thompson, so...

Blogger Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 6:07 PM  

@242 Matt Edwards

I am so tired of immigrants coming here and taking our jobs. FUCKING CANADIANS!!!
--

A real Cruz supporter will have conga lines forming as the returns come in

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 05, 2016 6:12 PM  

rcocean wrote:need to retitle this comment thread the "Matt Edwards and Friends"

Sorry, he's never had any friends.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 6:13 PM  

247. Were-Puppy
I realized this responding to an Instapundit post:
If Trump nominated Cruz for VP, that would be an admission that the whole birther stuff was bullshit. He can't claim that Cruz in ineligible for president, then nominate him for the #2 spot.

Also, someone else pointed out: Cruz left Canada when he was 4. He lived the rest of his life in the U.S. In what way is he possibly more Canadian than American?!?
It makes no sense.

Blogger Nick S March 05, 2016 6:28 PM  

BigGayKoranBurner wrote:Tell us what you think of those that have fallen into traps laid by him?

You mean Trump's base? I think of them as Trump's Chumps. I said he was too stupid to be my president. I didn't say he was too stupid to be their president.

Blogger Escoffier March 05, 2016 6:28 PM  

223. Escoffier
Fine. But there's a right way, and a wrong way to make it stop. It's the difference between justice and revenge.


Not sure I can tell the difference anymore.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 6:29 PM  


A real Cruz supporter will have conga lines forming as the returns come in


¡Ricky Ricardo para El Presidente!

Anonymous average bob March 05, 2016 6:32 PM  

They were opposed for telling the truth. They were outing the globalist and their agenda 50 years ago.

Blogger James Dixon March 05, 2016 6:37 PM  

> If Trump nominated Cruz for VP, that would be an admission that the whole birther stuff was bullshit.

Or that he changed his mind. Something everyone seems to accuse him of doing all the time anyway, so what has he lost?

> In what way is he possibly more Canadian than American?!?

No on has said that he is. They've said he's not a natural born citizen. He's as American as any other citizen (say Sarah Hoyt). Unfortunately, that's not good enough to be President.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 6:39 PM  

251. Escoffier March 05, 2016 6:28 PM
223. Escoffier
Fine. But there's a right way, and a wrong way to make it stop. It's the difference between justice and revenge.

Not sure I can tell the difference anymore.


You know it in your heart, because you don't take glee at the punishment. You observe it because it's your duty, then you move on. The purpose of justice is to right the wrong. Its focus is on the next generation.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 6:40 PM  

@249 Matt Edwards
247. Were-Puppy
I realized this responding to an Instapundit post:
If Trump nominated Cruz for VP, that would be an admission that the whole birther stuff was bullshit. He can't claim that Cruz in ineligible for president, then nominate him for the #2 spot.
---
Correct. Same thing for the others like Narco, Nikki Hair, Jindal, etc.


Also, someone else pointed out: Cruz left Canada when he was 4. He lived the rest of his life in the U.S. In what way is he possibly more Canadian than American?!?
It makes no sense.
---

Tundra Ted, Canadian Cruz, etc, these are all rhetorical. I really doubt that literally Tundra Ted and Blubberin' Beck snuck across the border on a Zamboni, but it's fun rhetoric :P Well, anyway, I practice rhetoric a lot here and at BB.

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 6:46 PM  

255. Were-Puppy
...snuck across the border on a Zamboni, but it's fun rhetoric...
Yes, yes it is.

Blogger Rusty Fife March 05, 2016 6:46 PM  

Matt Edwards wrote:As I said, it's an attitude.

It's all about the feelz.

Blogger Neanderserk March 05, 2016 6:49 PM  

Disciple and Jesus Christ are safe words to Churchians and the general culture. Jesus always pointed to the Father. Might as well do the same.

Jehovah is the King James English word for the Judaicism "Yahweh".

If someone asks, "Are you a Jehovah's Witness," one can simply respond: "No. I avoid the label 'Christian' because it is now a euphemism for Moralistic Therapeutic Deism, the religion of teenagers."

Blogger Rusty Fife March 05, 2016 7:03 PM  

Matt Edwards wrote:

You know it in your heart, because you don't take glee at the punishment. You observe it because it's your duty, then you move on.


More feelz. What is this, the "burning in the bosom" of conservatism?

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 7:04 PM  

257. Rusty Fife March 05, 2016 6:46 PM
Matt Edwards wrote:
As I said, it's an attitude.
It's all about the feelz.


Some things are not about logic. Read your Lincoln and Wordsworth and Whitman about "mystical chords," and shit. LOL

Blogger Matt Edwards March 05, 2016 7:10 PM  

259. Rusty Fife March 05, 2016 7:03 PM
More feelz. What is this, the "burning in the bosom" of conservatism?

No, actually it's about feeling LESS, not feeling more. We're not supposed to take joy in the downfall of our countrymen, because in the end we're still the same family.
If they're all fuckered up in their beliefs, then they need to be corrected with Christian understanding and charity. But corrected they must be.

Blogger Halifax Donair March 05, 2016 7:14 PM  

conservatives are nothing more than progressives in slow motion

Before the Reform Party coup the Canadian Progressive Conservative party brought you CAFTA.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 05, 2016 7:32 PM  

Matt Edwards, Yankee Cuckservative
Some things are not about logic. Read your Lincoln …

Paging Nate. Paging Nate...

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 05, 2016 7:36 PM  

When will you h8ers admit that Matt and Nick are the most specialest princesses? They're super-smart and prettier than ALLLLL OF YOU. You're just dumb and ugly and jealous!

Blogger Nick S March 05, 2016 7:48 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:When will you h8ers admit that Matt and Nick are the most specialest princesses? They're super-smart and prettier than ALLLLL OF YOU. You're just dumb and ugly and jealous!

Awwwww, don't be mad at me. I'm not the one that scammed you out of your dignity and self-respect.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 05, 2016 7:54 PM  

The real question is, Who will Puerto Rico go for?

Blogger James Sheives March 05, 2016 8:20 PM  

VD, what do you mean when you say you are right-wing? Seems to me the term has been so abused it is meaningless. For most people it represents anything and everything the left doesn't like as represented by the SPLC Terror from the Right https://www.splcenter.org/20100126/terror-right.
I have therefore avoided using that label for myself, along with conservative. Very interested in your take on that.

Blogger Rainer March 06, 2016 9:11 AM  

No "blowback"?

Perhaps not for the US, but why, pray tell, does he think Europe is now in the middle of nothing less than a full-scale invasion from the Middle East (and North Africa, courtesy of the destabilisation of Libya)?

BTW, something that I like to ask people;

if you were planning for contingencies that might include a martial clamp-down in the US or UK, how would you recruit and train a sufficiently large military force for the purpose?

Would it not be useful to have a large number of hardened veterens from a long foreign occupation, veterens who are accustomed to facing only guerilla tactics and hence an enemy who are, generally, indistinguishable from non-combatants?

Blogger Joshua Sinistar March 06, 2016 10:52 AM  

Hey, Matty Bumpo, why don't you go to your log cabin and play with your Lincoln Logs, cabin boy? For youse, its Trump or Die. Nominate a nationalist or the Lincoln Logs are going to burn down like the Whigs. Capice?

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 275 of 275

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts