Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tech volunteers wanted

We are looking for some assistance on the Big Fork team. Here is what we're looking for:

  1.  Producer/Project Manager. Someone to keep track of what everyone is doing and free up Rifleman to focus on the coding.
  2. Mediawiki -- has worked with the Mediawiki codebase and has deployed Mediawiki sites for at least 2 years, has worked on or is at least familiar with Mediawiki templates and extensions.
  3. PHP -- understands the internal and external architecture of PHP, is aware of latest developments in PHP 7, HHVM and other optimizers, has experience with problems and solutions in large-scale PHP projects.
  4. Web application optimization -- familiar with various methods of caching and parallelizing web applications, including load-balancing, proxy servers, Memcached, ElasticSearch, Varnish, knows Apache, NGinX.
  5. HTML/CSS/JS/AJAX -- able to bridge the gap between web design and client-side development. Experience with modern Javascript UI frameworks like jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, understands reactive design concepts.
  6. Javascript expert -- understands the architecture of Javascript, including object-oriented and functional Javascript coding, performance optimization, cross-browser compatibility, future developments in Javascript,
  7. PostgreSQL Administrator -- good understanding of configuration settings, performance tweaks, security, user account management, database/filesystem interaction, replication, failover, backup/restore automation.
If one of those roles fits you and you want to help out, email with BIG FORK in the subject. We're making a lot of progress, but there is still plenty left to do.



Anonymous Grime Knight May 31, 2016 3:35 PM  

Email sent. I've been trying to be more active in the Alt-Right and Christian sphere rather than simply sitting on my laurels and pointing out the problems. This looks like a great opportunity!


Blogger 1337kestrel May 31, 2016 6:34 PM  

Sadly my skills are too limited to help. (HTML/CSS, basic javascript, and algorithms (numerical, genetic, cfd)) If it were something like an open source project where I could research and code at my own pace, I would help.

If you need SMEs later I'll sign up.

Anonymous FrankNorman May 31, 2016 6:56 PM  

What's going on here? Making a forked version of all of those tools, that's free of SJW influence?

(ie: better, since the main effect of "convergence" on the development of a programming language would have to be lower quality, since they put ideological conformity over actual competence.)

Blogger Matthew May 31, 2016 8:52 PM  

1337kestrel, email me at so I can keep track of you.

Blogger Rusty Fife May 31, 2016 9:45 PM  

I'm in a similar boat to 1337kestrel. Code in VB for Aplications to do analysis; interested in SQL.

Muddled around in BASIC and C a while ago.

Blogger VFM6974 May 31, 2016 11:07 PM  

Registered as well as contributor.

A suggestion based on the distributed composition of the team is to use a digital Kanban board to make the state of the project visible at all times and the team self-organizing:

Here are a few links that might be of interest:

Professionally I have ceased to use Project Management on anything I cannot plan 80%. Kanban does work better in changing environments.

*Snowden, David; Boone, Mary (November 2007). "A Leader's Framework for Decision Making”, Harvard Business Review.

Thrilled to be of help, let me know how can I contribute.

Blogger James Higham June 01, 2016 7:15 AM  

Shall put up the call at my place later today.

Blogger thak June 01, 2016 7:52 AM  

I'd love to help, but I'm pretty much all SQL coding at this point. If you need query optimization once things start slowing down, hit me up.

Blogger Deep Thought June 01, 2016 10:26 AM  

I am a Program Manager at a Fortune 50 Company. If you want someone of my skills (Responsible for multiple projects 2.6 m to 27.5 m directing project managers and planning analysts), I could brush off my Project management skills and assist as needed.

Blogger mina smith June 01, 2016 12:34 PM  

I'm an expert database administrator & database engineer. Haven't worked specifically w Postgre extensively but have done Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL. A database system is a database system ... once you get past the touch layer. I will send an email.

Anonymous r June 01, 2016 5:56 PM  

Postgres isn't just any database engine, it's the best one. You'll be pleasantly surprised once you start working with it.

Blogger Hậu Nguyễn June 03, 2016 12:14 PM  

Thanks for the great post. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

This is my site: du hoc uc

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts