ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Hard Brexit it is

The EU is making the UK's restoration of national sovereignty easy and obvious:
Britain will have to quit the EU altogether in a ‘hard Brexit’ if we want to control our borders, the president of the European Council warned last night. Donald Tusk said there would be ‘no compromises’ to allow the UK to curb the free movement of workers, break free of the European Court or stop sending billions to Brussels. And he claimed this left the UK with a simple choice between making a clean break from the EU, including the single market, or reversing the result of the referendum. The top Eurocrat said: ‘The only real alternative to a hard Brexit is no Brexit.’ 
Since the British people have made their will clear, hard Brexit it is. What sort of idiot would want to continue the free movement of workers, submit to the European Court, or send billions to Brussels anyhow?

Labels:

41 Comments:

Blogger L' Aristokrato October 14, 2016 4:46 AM  

"What sort of idiot would want to continue the free movement of workers, submit to the European Court, or send billions to Brussels anyhow?"

A cuck.

Blogger Balázs Varga October 14, 2016 4:48 AM  

Fuck free movement, fuck the European court, and don't send them money that they use to bribe our politicians either!

Blogger The East Mercian October 14, 2016 4:48 AM  

There are many vested interests that have benefited from EU largess. These are trying desperately to frighten the markets and the British public into staying in the EU. Their allies in the media are doing what they can to assist. Pray for us.

Blogger residentMoron October 14, 2016 4:57 AM  

The empire doubles down on its antidemocratic authoritarianism. The problem is that things have changed, and the old verities are no longer operational.

What was once the absolutely necessary and correct thing to do, in order to hold on to and increase centralised power, is now the absolutely wrongest possible thing to do.

Discontinuity's a bitch - when you're a linearist.

Blogger JP October 14, 2016 5:03 AM  

I thought Brexit was a "hard Brexit" from the beginning.

Blogger Kona Commuter October 14, 2016 5:06 AM  

Maybe they'd like to give the citizens of other EU members a vote to see if they want to stay?

Blogger weka October 14, 2016 5:10 AM  

The empire doubles down on its antidemocratic authoritarianism. The problem is that things have changed, and the old verities are no longer operational.

The empire assumes an ever closer union, regardless of the wishes of the nations.

That generally ends badly.

Brexit is a love tap. The Islamists destroying Brussels will happen if current policies continue, because straight line projections show the EU going bankrupt and thus the benefits drying up.

Anonymous DJF October 14, 2016 5:13 AM  

So the EU is willing to give up “Free Trade” with Britain in order to keep “Free Movement” and EU rule over Britain

Just shows how “Free Trade” is just a tool for the EU to get what they really want.

Free Trade is just a Trojan Horse to get past National Borders

Blogger weka October 14, 2016 5:17 AM  

@9. Australia and NZ have a free trade agreement without half as much micromanagement and both PMs have met with May and offered the same. That does not include free movement. It does allow biosecurity and limits refugees. But goods and businesses flow. The old empire did quite nicely, and will again.

Tusk is a tool thinking he can bully a people who have told him to go and commit onanism elsewhere.

Britain does not need the EU. It is the converse. The EU needs Britain.

Anonymous Millenium October 14, 2016 5:18 AM  

A leaked email that may refer to the assassination of Scalia has been found:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6008

Blogger APL October 14, 2016 5:19 AM  

JP: "I thought Brexit was a "hard Brexit" from the beginning."

We ( someone who has agitated against the European Union for at least twenty years ) want out, but for pragmatic purposes want to minimise the economic disruption to the minimum possible.

The UK civil service has been hollowed out and currently acts as nothing more than a rubber stamp for EU regulations.

Personally, I bear no ill will toward any German, Italian, Dutch people, I'd like to do business with them as an independent country. The French, they're a different matter :)

Fact is an immediate withdrawal from the political apparatus of the European Union, AKA invoke article 50 TLT. And a gradual realignment of the economic arrangements to follow.

If we are in the EU - which the UK is, we can still have the trading advantages - such as they are, and curtail the free movement of people through the 'Liechtenstein clause' to the EEA. Which allows them to restrict the right of people to settle.

By the way, I quite like Germans, Dutch bla bla etc, their freedom of movement isn't a worry to me, they tend to bring a better quality of woman with them, it's the Musslemen who prey on our stupid lower class females, they're the ones we need to send home - and I don't care if they've been born here, they behave like uncivilised sand monkeys they can go back to sand monkey country.

Blogger Lovekraft October 14, 2016 5:47 AM  

And looking at that devious little leader of the Scottish parliament try to wiggle out of her obligation to follow Britain's will reflects the lack of integrity of feminist politicians.

Blogger Stilicho October 14, 2016 6:02 AM  

In other words, Tusk is lobbying for another referendum to reverse the Brexit. Much like the EU did with other countries that rejected any part of the EU agenda: keep voting until the EU gets the result it wants.

Blogger The Kurgan October 14, 2016 6:28 AM  

I doubt it will be so easy to achieve Brexit.
I hope they do though.

Anonymous Laz October 14, 2016 6:38 AM  

@11. APL "The French, they're a different matter"

Ha! Nobody does condescending like the french.

Blogger szopen October 14, 2016 6:49 AM  

The worst thing is that our current government also is pushing for hard Brexit i.e. they say there will be absolutely no compromise over right of Polish workers in UK. This is insane; why any government should negotiate the conditions for its citizens to leave and work for another country, in the situation of a demographic crash?
What's even more insane, is that this position has wide support from both elites and the population.

Blogger David Power October 14, 2016 6:53 AM  

As someone has mentioned above, it is the French or more accurately their current socialist President François Hollande, who bares Britain the most ill will.

But both he and the butt-hurt dictators in Brussels, really don't understand us British. Although through weariness or laziness over the years we have often been tempted by carrots that turned out to be rancid, sticks, we will not abide. And so the more petty and vindictive they become, the wiser our decision to leave them becomes.

I believe we will get a hard/full Brexit but only because UKIP is waiting in the wings to pounce if the 17 million Brexiteers start to believe they have been betrayed. Because despite their ridicule of UKIPs single MP, the entire Conservitive establishment was rocked to its core by the fact that 1 out of five voters voted UKIP in the last General Election. So although Nigel Farage has taken a step back from mainstream politics, his shadow is still enough to scare the PM into behaving herself.

[For what it's worth, I believe the final Brexit settlement will be total control of our borders but having to pay a huge financial contribution to trade freely within the single market.]

Blogger Doom October 14, 2016 6:55 AM  

Who? Well, every politician pretty much on both sides of even that debate. Most of them didn't want this to happen, regardless of what they say. They will try to worm out of it. They really thought their would be some wiggle room, in spite of having slept with the EU long enough so as to known better. When cocaine and champagne is flowing, who is counting though?

OpenID basementhomebrewer October 14, 2016 7:03 AM  

This is just the first nudge. They may think it's harder than it really is, but it will not be the last. I expect that blood is going to be spilled by the tyrants at the EU before they let go of Britain. I don't think it will come to war but I would not be surprised if assassinations are attempted.

Blogger Cataline Sergius October 14, 2016 7:09 AM  

Almost the first words out of John Kerry's word-hole were, "I think we can walk this back."

Remember the globalists never pursue their goals openly. They always work in secret.

Anonymous Eduardo October 14, 2016 7:40 AM  

Well you only really need to do what brits do best meight.

Stab'em...

Yeah we all know you dig some stabbing chaps...

Blogger Servant of the Chief October 14, 2016 8:26 AM  

The sooner Britain leaves the EU, the sooner it falls apart, and if it doesn't, the sooner actually pressure mounts up in my country to leave along with them, they are our single largest trade partner, we cant have an effective trading economy in the EU without them,a nd the EU prevents us from having non EU alternatives so all signs point to dissolution. Because if there is one thing our politicians care more about than their actual country, its money.

Blogger Nick S October 14, 2016 8:39 AM  

Related:

Antonio Guterres, the new secretary-general of the United Nations vows to fight populism. This is concerning.

Blogger pyrrhus October 14, 2016 9:04 AM  

Without the UK and its markets, the EU will plunge directly into depression. So be it......

Blogger Johnny October 14, 2016 9:19 AM  

Nick S wrote:Related:

Antonio Guterres, the new secretary-general of the United Nations vows to fight populism. This is concerning.


Seems like one of the reasons they keep pushing on global warming is that they see it as a means to get a tax base independent of the member nations.

Global Problem = Global Tax

Blogger Johnny October 14, 2016 9:22 AM  

I am pleased to see the Brits move ahead on this Brexit as much as they are. I more than half expected the political class would simply not act on it. And of course they are not out yet.

Blogger Desillusionerad October 14, 2016 9:27 AM  

As someone who knows what he is talking about, this is not news.
This was known before Brexit, and several people brought it up from what I heard from the debates, and since so many seem confused the poll maybe should have asked if they wanted to leave the EEA or not - Because all their problems are with the EEA and not the EU -Or rather, staying in the former entails all the 'problems' of the latter, and none of the perks (voting rights).
Staying in the EEA would mean continuing to pay money, obey the courts, and permit free movement.
The 'lichtenstein' clause is a special exemption for them, because their population is like 40k.
Even if the UK could get away with not paying in money (which is such a longshot the brexiteers are not even talking about that), could get some stops in free movement, the bit about Primacy of law and the courts are simply non starters - The only way you can have a single market is by having one rulebook -
As for people confusing the EEA with a 'free trade treaty' it's not just a free trade treaty - and if the UK got what most call a 'free trade treaty' it would most likely mean tarrif free trade in goods, and some commonality on regulations (of course, that would limit UK sovereignty, just like every single international agreement.)
This is important, because Services are rarely found in 'free trade' treaties - which happen the be a key UK export.

Blogger Escoffier October 14, 2016 9:52 AM  

Every time TPTB open their mouths I am astonished at the clueless arrogance. They talk as if they have the power of a despot.

Anonymous BigGayKoranBurner October 14, 2016 10:22 AM  

NO MORE NIGGER RAPERS & BEHEADERS FOR YOU IF YOU DONT LET US LOOT YOU. BREXIT IS BAD FOR THE JEWS MONEYBAGS.

A leaked email that may refer to the assassination of Scalia has been found:

Was going to post that and this http://www.thedailysheeple.com/disgusting-wikileaks-reveals-hillarys-camp-carefully-handpicks-which-shootings-to-exploit-for-her-gun-control-agenda_102016
"Campaign director of engagement, De’Ara Balenger, ... Jordan Davis was killed by a white man, so arguably – this crime was racially motivated"

Blogger VFM #7634 October 14, 2016 10:26 AM  

The worst thing is that our current government also is pushing for hard Brexit i.e. they say there will be absolutely no compromise over right of Polish workers in UK. This is insane; why any government should negotiate the conditions for its citizens to leave and work for another country, in the situation of a demographic crash?
What's even more insane, is that this position has wide support from both elites and the population.


@16 szopen
It's pretty much the exact same position that Mexico and Mexicans take with us. Countries get very butthurt when you say you don't want their people living in your country any more.

Although, as you mentioned, Poland has a low birth rate and can't sustain that many people leaving over the long run, but it doesn't really make much of a difference. They'll likely argue that Poland has too many people and that a population crash is desirable.

Blogger Anthony October 14, 2016 11:56 AM  

Poland benefits far more from the EU than does Britain. It gives their people places to work while they rebuild the industry that the communists gutted.

But I wonder if Tusk is saying that Brexit needs to be hard, to encourage the UK to do it right. Britain outside the EU will do ok, and will adjust. Britain in a halfway house will be like most residents of halfway houses. If the time comes for Poland, or the Visegrad group, to leave, having a successful UK completely out will help them.

Incidentally, if the rulebook is a thousand pages long, it's not *free* trade.

Blogger Jourdan October 14, 2016 12:40 PM  

I still don't think it will happen at the end of the day, vote or no vote. There is about as much appetite among the elites in Britain for Brexit as there is for repealing NAFTA among the elites in the U.S. We wouldn't trust a President Clinton to do the latter regardless of any popular vote, and I see no reason to trust PM May to do the former. The longer this drags on, the further back the vote is, the easier it will be for the British authorities to paper it over with half-efforts and symbolic, low-cost efforts.

Blogger tublecane October 14, 2016 1:33 PM  

You'd think the EU-rocrats would at least drag their feet. Why are they making it easy? How did these people ever trick everybody in the first place?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash October 14, 2016 2:44 PM  

tublecane wrote:You'd think the EU-rocrats would at least drag their feet. Why are they making it easy?
They're pissed and they're gonna punish the damn Brits, whatever it takes.

Blogger Thucydides October 14, 2016 3:52 PM  

The message is being aimed at "The City" and the various political, economic and bureaucratic classes which benefit from the EU, not so much as the British people who rarely say any advantage of being in the EU accrue to them. This is, in fact, the entire lesson of the Brexit, Donald Trump and European Nationalist parties: people are angry at being used as doormats and will not for their own best interests as well as they possibly can.

Socialists around the world (including American Democrats) used the "appeal to your own interests" to rig elections and grab power by offering "freestuff", but forgetting to mention just who is going to pay for it. People accepted it in the 1990's because they were getting "freestuff", but when the bill came due in 2008....

Anonymous Takin' a Deplorable Look October 14, 2016 7:49 PM  

@ Cataline Sergius


"Remember the globalists never pursue their goals openly. They always work in secret."

Absolutely untrue, they ALWAYS openly state their goals....in a paragraph blip...on page 33...of some small-town publication in Podunk nowhere.

Blogger michael savell October 15, 2016 12:05 PM  


Hitchens doesn't seem to think that Brexit is causing a run on the pound so who could it be==Soros?

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable October 15, 2016 2:34 PM  

Jourdan wrote:I still don't think it will happen at the end of the day, vote or no vote. There is about as much appetite among the elites in Britain for Brexit as there is for repealing NAFTA among the elites in the U.S. We wouldn't trust a President Clinton to do the latter regardless of any popular vote, and I see no reason to trust PM May to do the former. The longer this drags on, the further back the vote is, the easier it will be for the British authorities to paper it over with half-efforts and symbolic, low-cost efforts.

The Rule of Law is over. Our would-be masters have shown that Justice has keen eyesight, and sees kinds, so Her moral power has been destroyed.

Would you like to revisit your expectation, taking into account little people being as lawless as big people, and in their own interest?

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable October 15, 2016 2:39 PM  

Or I should say, in their tribe's interest. Because men are self-sacrificing.

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable October 15, 2016 2:54 PM  

Johnny wrote:Seems like one of the reasons they keep pushing on global warming is that they see it as a means to get a tax base independent of the member nations.

Global Problem = Global Tax


You have to understand that midwits are precisely that. So from a poor country, they go, great! If true, this means I have a moral argument for basically doing financial femdom on white countries, convincing them to pay me to not work! Awesome!

They do not have the IQ to understand -- or they don't care? -- that placing a direct financial disincentive on work that uses energy will result in less of the products of that work, and make them more expensive. And all just because they're racistly envious of how good we are at producing goods.

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable October 15, 2016 3:14 PM  

David Power wrote:[For what it's worth, I believe the final Brexit settlement will be total control of our borders but having to pay a huge financial contribution to trade freely within the single market.]

Ridicule it as Financial Femdom and the People will not agree, which will stiffen your negotiators; and then the Continent will cave for wanting your trade however they can get it.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts