ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Retreat is pointless

Christian organizations might as well learn to start standing firmly on their principles, because you either use them or you lose them:

One of the largest evangelical organizations on college campuses nationwide has told its 1,300 staff members they will be fired if they personally support gay marriage or otherwise disagree with its newly detailed positions on sexuality starting on Nov. 11.

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship USA says that it will start a process for “involuntary terminations” for any staffer who comes forward to disagree with its positions on human sexuality, which holds that any sexual activity outside of a husband and wife is immoral.

One of Rod Dreher's commenters adds an observation.

Federal law makes it pretty much impossible to take a stance along the lines of, “This is what we believe, but out of compassion and pragmatism we’re willing to be flexible for a certain amount of time, with certain people, and/or in certain situations.” Either you have a blanket policy that applies to all people in all instances, or federal courts will rule that you don’t “really” have a principled position and invalidate the broader policy because of the exceptions.

So, do the right thing. Don't make exceptions. Tolerance is not a Christian virtue, it is the first step along the path to destruction.

Labels: ,

112 Comments:

Anonymous Helton Strom October 07, 2016 1:33 PM  

Well... That ought to flush out a few people from the underbrush, and likely as many lawsuits as chapters.

Interesting times, indeed.

Blogger S1AL October 07, 2016 1:37 PM  

Good for them. Confirms my decision to support them financially. If you have the ability to do so, I'd encourage other believers to find these kinds of organizations to bolster, whether with funding or prayer or time.

Anonymous CarpeOro October 07, 2016 1:42 PM  

Good for them. Also, reject "flexible" interpretations of the bible. That is the Deceiver's game. Period. You reject the sin, not the sinner. That means you set the bar and make it clear where they need to be versus where they are, and what it is that holds them back. There is no kindness in telling them a sin is not a sin.

Blogger Thucydides October 07, 2016 1:42 PM  

BZ to them. Do they have any branches in Canada I can support?

OpenID basementhomebrewer October 07, 2016 1:45 PM  

CarpeOro wrote: There is no kindness in telling them a sin is not a sin.

This is the thing Churchians do not understand. Either they don't really have faith or they are cruel and wish to condemn others to Hell by not encouraging them to repent for their sins.

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook October 07, 2016 1:45 PM  

Might as well move to Russia now. I don't feel good about the prospects of fighting for this tyranny against a Christian state even with Putin at its head.

Blogger S1AL October 07, 2016 1:45 PM  

https://www.ivcf.ca

Anonymous Elipe October 07, 2016 1:52 PM  

Time to ask my IVF friends if they support gay marriage. Let the purges begin!

Make IVF great again.

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros October 07, 2016 1:53 PM  

Golf clap.

Sadly, they were pretty chummy with Black Lives Matter last I checked, since they invited a BLM speaker to lie to them at their World Missions conference, and put a BLM column in their prayer newsletter.

So here's hoping this is the first step of many.

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 07, 2016 1:55 PM  

I'm always arguing that belief in souls necessitates cosmopolitanism, but if it's possible for Christianity to be redeemed, let us see the works of the faith. We will remember the first large-scale organized resistance to the poz.

Blogger Matamoros October 07, 2016 2:04 PM  

Today is the anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto where the Catholic fleet of the Holy League, which included the famed Knights of St. John, defeated the massive Moslem Turkish fleet.

This decisive victory broke moslem seapower, and their psychological belief in the victory of the Cresent over the Cross.

Our Lady appeared in the sky in full battle armor with sword drawn to urge the Catholics onward to victory. Pope St. Pius V received a miraculous message of victory from an angel at the moment of triumph.

The banner of Our Lady of Guadalupe (which shows her trampling the crescent) was carried into the battle. Pope St. Pius V proclaimed this day the Feast of Our Lady of Victory, know known as Our Lady of the Rosary - as all Christendom prayed the rosary for the victory of Christ over Mohammed.

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/the-battle-that-saved-the-christian-west

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents October 07, 2016 2:05 PM  

IVCF will probably lose membership over this. A smaller but more focused and unified organization should result.

They may be kicked off of campuses as well. The Ivies won't like it, especially where the "in" thing is putting tampons and pads in the men's bathroom. So, ok, be an off campus org.

Christians are overdue for either cleaning up the existing "Christian" colleges or creating new paths of higher learning anyway.

Blogger LonestarWhacko October 07, 2016 2:06 PM  

God's standards aren't negotiable. Creator vs creation. Eternal values. Not Demonic values. The Bible is quite clear about what we should do in the face of apostasy. Fact is, our faith has to be tried and tested. Homosexuality, Abortions, the list is long.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents October 07, 2016 2:10 PM  

Tolerance is not a Christian virtue

Not as defined now, which is more "niceness" than actual tolerance.

"Inclusion" is another Churchian value along with niceness. It's just worldly politics leaking in. It's how churches wind up with atheist pastors.

The Bible is full of exclusion. The sheep are not to be mixed with the goats. The wheat and the weeds will someday be separated.

Blogger LonestarWhacko October 07, 2016 2:20 PM  

The Bible teaches by contrast. Sheep, goats, etc. The point is this....this life we have now is just a refining process. Think of the ancient Christians. All they had to do was burn some incense before a statue of the Emperor. Or suffer some sort of terrible death. With Demons run rampant, well, abortion and literally every sort of sexual depravity are everywhere. Expect IVF to be attacked from every side. Prayer is essential.

Blogger praetorian October 07, 2016 2:25 PM  

Go and sin no more.

Anonymous CarpeOro October 07, 2016 2:35 PM  

@11
The final battle reviewed in Military History of the Western World, volume I by J.F.C. Fuller. In ways, every bit as pivotal as the Battle of Vienna. As a Protestant I still recognize the service done for all Christendom, divided as it was then and still is today.

Anonymous Dan October 07, 2016 2:40 PM  

Leftists heads must be exploding. They just assume that everyone is on board with their program and then something like this comes up.

The number of gay "marriages" that have occurred in the world is zero. There is no such thing. The number of people who have changed their gender is zero. There is no such thing.

The probability of my position on these things ever changing is zero. I've checked my math and I'm correct.

The left stands where the Catholic Church did when they denied that the Earth revolved around the sun. Lots of power but pesky dissent that will never be stamped out because the dissenters are correct. The left is empirically incorrect. Gay 'marriage' is just biologically invalid, as is sex change.

I don't hate any of these people. I genuinely wish them well. I just stand aside and try not to get caught up in the wreckage. They are flying a plane upside down and invariably experience trouble with the physics.

Anonymous VFM #6306 October 07, 2016 2:43 PM  

C.S. Lewis once referred to his work as a "rearguard action."

The hope was that some day in the future, Christians would be in a position to regroup and counterattack.

That day is now.

Blogger LonestarWhacko October 07, 2016 2:51 PM  

I reckon I'm like a man out in the woods. I know that the bears are used to eating at night. So, I tell folks to stay out of the woods after dark. I have no say in what they do. I don't hate them, I just leave them alone.

But, the bears are out there. Looking to devour someone. Hate the sin, love the sinner. You hear that a lot. So, if someone stumbles out of the woods after being attacked, I'll try to stop the bleeding.

There's a lot of bears out there, ya know? Don't feed them.

Blogger Mighty Lou October 07, 2016 2:55 PM  

Sin means to miss the mark in archery terms, however as Christians, when we sin or miss the mark, we still maintain that there is a mark to miss, and we spend our lives bettering our aim.

The Bible gives us a golden standard to measure and live our lives by. We are not expected to achieve this perfect standard in our lives, but we are expected by God's grace to acknowledge it, teach it , and practice our faith and try.

If you are a Christian struggling with a sin, i.e. homosexuality, that is one thing, but if you are a Christian and you openly practice and promote sin, then that is an entirely different thing. You are either being decieved or you are a deceiver, and ultimately really you are both decieving and being decieved.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 3:13 PM  

@18 "The left stands where the Catholic Church did when they denied that the Earth revolved around the sun. Lots of power but pesky dissent that will never be stamped out because the dissenters are correct."

I think you're so full of shit you squeak when you walk, but im also open minded. So when did the Catholic Church deny that Earth revolves around Sol? Documentation. Put up or shut up.

And for the record, Galileo had no evidence for his novel hypothesis. Furthermore, the current state of physics sys Galileo was wrong.

Blogger Ceerilan October 07, 2016 3:13 PM  

I was unaware that the courts in the US was still following the 1st Ammendment by allowing organizations taking a principled stand against homosexuality to continue operating.

Blogger pyrrhus October 07, 2016 3:14 PM  

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."

Blogger jandolin October 07, 2016 3:15 PM  

Time to heed the wisdom of Archbishop Chaput.

“We need to remember that tolerance is not a Christian virtue. Charity, justice, mercy, prudence, honesty — these are Christian virtues. And obviously, in a diverse community, tolerance is an important working principle. But it’s never an end itself. In fact, tolerating grave evil within a society is itself a form of serious evil. Likewise, democratic pluralism does not mean that Catholics should be quiet in public about serious moral issues because of some misguided sense of good manners. A healthy democracy requires vigorous moral debate to survive. Real pluralism demands that people of strong beliefs will advance their convictions in the public square — peacefully, legally and respectfully, but energetically and without embarrassment. Anything less is bad citizenship and a form of theft from the public conversation.”

– Archbishop Charles Chaput

Blogger Rabbi B October 07, 2016 3:16 PM  

Tolerance is not a Christian virtue, it is the first step along the path to destruction.

Absolutely true. I ran across this the other day:

Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good. -Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

Blogger Rabbi B October 07, 2016 3:17 PM  

Get your own brain jandolin. #hivemind

Blogger Stilicho October 07, 2016 3:21 PM  

Good for them. They will lose the deadweight and emerge stronger.

Blogger Roger G2 October 07, 2016 3:21 PM  

Seems they're making a stand in regards to all of human sexuality as opposed to just the gay marriage issue.
But when this is talked about in most other outlets, we'll only hear the part that involves gay marriage.

"Hateful Christian bigots trying to pray the gay away!"

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 07, 2016 3:37 PM  

Sin means that actions are harmful because G-d says so instead of because they are harmful, and leads to tolerance because saying the word nigger is a personal sin you can go to hell for while getting raped by a nigger leaves your soul clean.

Blogger Yemi Fawehinmi October 07, 2016 3:42 PM  

I am an IV alum and was happy to hear about this last night.

You have the usually heretics like Micheal Vines crying that this will cause more suicides, more depression and more pain.

Also, it seems more Christians are waking up to Soros' and the globalists plans for the west. A site (http://americanevangelicals.com/) has been created calling false teachers like John Wallis to repent for their assistance in "anti-Christian Progressive political movement plans" for America.

The have top ten list of consequences of progress political activism and numbers 7 and 8 stand out:

"7. Open borders and ‘sanctuary’ cities increasing drugs, disease, crime, gangs and terrorism.

8.Forced refugee resettlement in hundreds of American cities without citizen consent, mandated by the federal government in collusion with the United Nations. “Refugees” are primarily non-assimilating Muslims, while authorities reject persecuted Christians."

Close but encouraging.

Blogger comreich October 07, 2016 3:45 PM  

Maybe not quite so fast.

They apparently didn't come out and say they were going to fire staff that didn't believe in their theological stance. It's more that they expect that staff, including those who identify as LBG*alphabet_soup, will abide by their 75y/o theological position.

Blogger comreich October 07, 2016 3:47 PM  

Forgot to finish my thought. This is still a good position (the 75y/o part being how long the organization has been around) and draws a solid line in the sand.

Blogger Matamoros October 07, 2016 3:51 PM  

#18 The left stands where the Catholic Church did when they denied that the Earth revolved around the sun.

You realize, of course, that this has never been proven - and that the most modern knowledge shows that geocentrism is, indeed, correct?

Heliocentrism was an anti-Christian meme pushed to deny Christian revelation and the authority of the Church.

Movie
http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/

Book
https://www.amazon.com/Galileo-Was-Wrong-Church-Right/dp/0977964000

Blogger jandolin October 07, 2016 3:52 PM  

Time to heed the wisdom of Archbishop Chaput.

“We need to remember that tolerance is not a Christian virtue. Charity, justice, mercy, prudence, honesty — these are Christian virtues. And obviously, in a diverse community, tolerance is an important working principle. But it’s never an end itself. In fact, tolerating grave evil within a society is itself a form of serious evil. Likewise, democratic pluralism does not mean that Catholics should be quiet in public about serious moral issues because of some misguided sense of good manners. A healthy democracy requires vigorous moral debate to survive. Real pluralism demands that people of strong beliefs will advance their convictions in the public square — peacefully, legally and respectfully, but energetically and without embarrassment. Anything less is bad citizenship and a form of theft from the public conversation.”

– Archbishop Charles Chaput

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 3:58 PM  

@34. Um, just no, the fuck no.

Or as Sting sang, "Don't stand so close to me!"

Blogger Lucas October 07, 2016 4:00 PM  

Better few and loyal than many and weak.

Blogger synp October 07, 2016 4:02 PM  

Hezekiah Garrett wrote:@18 "The left stands where the Catholic Church did when they denied that the Earth revolved around the sun. Lots of power but pesky dissent that will never be stamped out because the dissenters are correct."

I think you're so full of shit you squeak when you walk, but im also open minded. So when did the Catholic Church deny that Earth revolves around Sol? Documentation. Put up or shut up.

And for the record, Galileo had no evidence for his novel hypothesis. Furthermore, the current state of physics sys Galileo was wrong.


Dan did not mention Galileo. You did. So you know that The Catholic Inquisition declared heliocentrism as heretical and put Galileo on trial for publishing books that promoted heliocentrism. In declaring heliocentrism as heretical with the only other theory being geocentrism, they denied that the earth revolves around Sol.

Of course in the Copernician model the sun is stationary while the Earth revolves. Today we know that two bodies always revolve around a shared axis, although in this case the axis is within the sun. And we also know that the sun is moving within the galaxy. Is that what you mean by "physics sys Galileo was wrong"? Because if that's what you mean than physics says that Newton was wrong about everything too.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents October 07, 2016 4:05 PM  

@34
You realize, of course, that this has never been proven - and that the most modern knowledge shows that geocentrism is, indeed, correct?

Yah, all those various satellites scattered across the solar system are totally fake, dude.

Be sure to troll us next with the menace of dihydrogen monoxide.

Anonymous #8601 October 07, 2016 4:06 PM  

Evil preaches tolerance until it's dominant, then it tries to silence good.

- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

Blogger dc.sunsets October 07, 2016 4:09 PM  

When your tent is so big that anyone is special enough to join, your group ceases to have any identity at all. Discrimination (AKA having borders) is the foundation for order.

This is the paradox of Modern Universalism. Since every snowflake is special, all snowflakes must be fundamentally the same.

Churchians seem to have misunderstood the admonition to "judge not, lest ye be judged."

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 4:10 PM  

@38 Don't tell me what I said, or what I meant.

Offer some evidence that the Church declared heliocentrism heretical, or shut up.

Yes, that is close to, but not precisely,what I meant. What I actually meant is that to claim the earth revolves around Sol is to give preference to a point of observation, which flies in the face of relativism.

Don't get me wrong, I've refined my scientific knowledge by declaring my understanding and being proven wrong. So I might misunderstand Einstein. But I don't think so yet.

But I do know you haven't a clue when you claim the Church declared heliocentrism heretical. You are free to provide evidence proving you aren't impacted, but let's say I'm not holding breath.

As an aside, Vox, your rules are genius. People make claims, claims are challenged. To overcome the challenge requires research a d education. MUCH more effective than merely making counterclaims.

Blogger comreich October 07, 2016 4:16 PM  

Forgot to finish my thought. This is still a good position (the 75y/o part being how long the organization has been around) and draws a solid line in the sand.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 4:17 PM  

But yeah, if Ptolemy was wrong (he's still being taught in Into astronomy courses), then Newton was wrong too.

Blogger Cecil Henry October 07, 2016 4:21 PM  

There is an important development against the SJW police in Canada at U of Toronto.

Jordan Peterson, a well renowned professor has final had enough of the PC police terror. He is adopting a campaign to attack it.

While not specifically against White Genocide, it is a step in the right direction.

His arguments and techniques employed are an important change.

1. Fear and the Law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPgjg201w0


Even the professor's are getting angry (and fearful)

Anonymous kfg October 07, 2016 4:32 PM  

"Even the professor's are getting angry (and fearful)"

It becomes harder to ignore the fact that the left always eats its own when it is your own limbs that are being gnawed on.


Anonymous Drummergirl October 07, 2016 4:36 PM  

@3 - There is no kindness in telling them a sin is not a sin.
@5 - This is the thing Churchians do not understand. Either they don't really have faith or they are cruel and wish to condemn others to Hell by not encouraging them to repent for their sins.

Completely agree. In the name of "love", they would withhold the very truth that sets people free. If you won't acknowledge the sin, there will be no repentance and without repentance there can be no salvation.

@21 - ...if you are a Christian and you openly practice and promote sin, then that is an entirely different thing. You are either being decieved or you are a deceiver...

Yes. The push to rationalize sin and accept it as "normal" is, I believe, more dangerous than the sinful act itself. As Martin Luther once said, "Sin boldly".

Blogger Were-Puppy October 07, 2016 4:41 PM  

Hey any ilk still on Twitter?
I've got a half triggered angry athiest* about to spin her hamster wheel.

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/784392586790330388

*I think it's more an SJW - but not entirely sure.

Blogger Timmy3 October 07, 2016 4:57 PM  

If no exceptions is the policy, then what about admittance of openly gay or gay sympathetic students to Christian schools, colleges, and universities. Schools can't allow students to have opposing religious viewpoints. California wants reports of gay students being rejected or penalized for their viewpoints. Christian schools should have a signing statement. This will alleviate the problem, but not everyone profess to be Christians. Some should be allowed to learn about Christian theology even if not Christians. The Federal law can be changed or reinterpreted more strictly today than ever before.

Blogger Matamoros October 07, 2016 4:59 PM  

Here is an anti-SJW article on Lepanto:

The Banners of Lepanto

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2016/the-banners-of-lepanto

Anonymous Mr. Rational October 07, 2016 4:59 PM  

@44 @38  This is how science progresses:  every time the standard model proves to have an error, whatever corrects that error is "less wrong".  Total knowledge is humanly impossible, but you can see where the asymptote of the curve is pointing.

@39  DHMO?  Nasty shit.  Do you have any idea how many people die every year from inhaling the stuff?  And fish COPULATE in it!  They offer me some at restaurants, I get the whiskey.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 5:03 PM  

@58. That's great! Do you have anything to add about whether the Catholic Church declared heliocentrism heretical at some point? No? STFU.

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 07, 2016 5:03 PM  

@41 This is the paradox of Modern Universalism. Since every snowflake is special, all snowflakes must be fundamentally the same.

they are called ‘souls'

Blogger Cerdic Ricing October 07, 2016 5:08 PM  

Retreat is what has gotten us into pretty much all of this mess. In almost any context we might want to win, perhaps standing our ground is the first thing we can do. If we refused to retreat, we wouldn't be here.

The main thing I lament is religious organizations not standing their ground. With the destabilizations that happened due to anti-West stuff, I would almost postulate that they'd have solidified their position instead of weakening it, if they were to have stood their ground, denounced the dyscivics, kept to themselves for a bit, and waited it out for a generation.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 5:14 PM  

So is all this Chaput quoting just sucking up to the Blanket-ass host?

Anonymous BigGayKoranBurner October 07, 2016 6:20 PM  

What if the are only against gay divorce/alimony?

The number of gay "marriages" that have occurred in the world is zero. There is no such thing.

That's actually pretty close the only gays that want to be married are the gold diggers.

"Hateful Christian bigots trying to pray the gay away!" Are worse than afghani moslems shooting 100+ gays in a bar's bathroom. A lesbian (((Hispanic)))activist was interviewed after PULSE and she spewed more vitriol at the hospital that saved lives than the mad moslem, on the show Gaycation.

Blogger Paul October 07, 2016 6:30 PM  

As Vox has obviously noted by quoting a comment from there, Rod Dreher, who seems to get most of his blog traffic from gays and liberals who consider him a "nice" Conservative, is triumphantly all over this - in a blog post.

OTOH, I seem to recall that Dreher recently abandoned his rural church and Crunchy Con Benedict Option homestead for a richer life in the adjacent big city. So I'm confused. How do you tell a true Christian from a true Churchian, and which one is Rod Dreher, formerly noted here as the biggest cuckservative?

Blogger Benjamin Kraft October 07, 2016 6:34 PM  

@34 .....Stellar parallax. Oh, yeah and the fact that we have different seasons. You.... seriously? I'd list about 10 other reasons, but I suspect you're running on the neo-tychonic system, which manages to ward off a few of them.

No, the neo-tychonic model cannot explain stellar parallax, in direct contradiction to what Sungenis attempts to imply, while constantly restating incorrect versions of what Wright ACTUALLY said on the topic, and trying to say that things like a single letter typo show that Wright doesn't know what he's talking about (granted, he DID get Wright on a couple of things, but Wright SLAMMED him on literally everything else).

Checked one article about Michelson/Einstein. One of the things that understanding relativity will eventually enlighten you about, is the fact that no matter how fast you are going, due to time dilation/contraction of your reference frame at higher speeds, light will appear to move at exactly the same speed. This fact alone not only invalidates Michelson's experiment, but also shows that his equipment was borked. On top of that.... "westward was the presumed direction of the earth's movement around the sun"... Do these people actually listen to themselves before they type this retarded shit? Westward is relative to the surface of the Earth, which means that it will do a full 360 on a daily basis with regards to its path around the sun.

Checked another article on John C. Wright's rebuttal. The shitstick running this scam seriously says that "This is the favorite introduction of those of Mr. Wright’s ilk. The attempt is to demonize his opponent at the starting gate so that he can incite your prejudices. He will try his best to caricature me as a science-hating bible thumper as if he was doing character development for one of his science fiction books." Directly after he just finished bashing Wright with ad-hominem fallacious attacks such as "as we will see, “dishonest” in Mr. Wright’s world means that he doesn’t understand the science or know the history and thus thinks that his teacher is deceitful." and "I’ll try not to be too prejudicial, but the occupations of “att
orney,” “newspaper editor” and “author of science fiction” don’t exactly inspire confidence in me that Mr. Wright has won any truth-telling awards in his career. His scurrilous rant about me and geocentrism provide enough evidence to see why." After bashing an a-priori argument he attributed to Einstein in the Einstein article, which his mental retardation caused him to call a "petitio principii" (begging the question) fallacy. Goddamn, this shitstick. Ironic/Hypocritical/Dishonest/Insane. I'm not sure which of the above apply, and I don't care, @34 I'm not sure how to break this to you, but you're been duped, sorry.

Oh, yes, finally, we can measure the circumference of the earth (via circumnavigation... I can't believe I need to point this out...) and find that it's about 25k miles. Many of the other planets are observably considerably larger (and we've dropped probes into some of them, the gravity is much, much stronger in the gas giants), so unless you don't believe in gravity either?

Your linked book is so wrong on so many different subjects that I can't even... it doesn't even...

Blogger M Cephas October 07, 2016 6:34 PM  

@38.

Synp

"Of course in the Copernician model the sun is stationary while the Earth revolves. Today we know that two bodies always revolve around a shared axis, although in this case the axis is within the sun. And we also know that the sun is moving within the galaxy. Is that what you mean by "physics sys Galileo was wrong"? Because if that's what you mean than physics says that Newton was wrong about everything too."

What you're referring to I believe is called the center of mass. The problem with Newton is that he only took into account the solar system, not the entire universe. If you take into account the universe, the Earth could occupy he center, while the universe revolves around it.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft October 07, 2016 6:36 PM  

@52 I wonder why you're replying to me before I even posted. I never said they DID declare it heretical, now did I? Jackass.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft October 07, 2016 6:40 PM  

@52 Then again, maybe I'm being paranoid here and you typo'd your attempted reply to someone else.

OpenID karmakelli2000 October 07, 2016 6:40 PM  

Genesis 34:25. Lop off their foreskins and pillage their village.

OT God was a badass.

Blogger guest October 07, 2016 6:46 PM  

Get rid of the fat that has been blubbering up the Lord's church for at least half of a century, and we will be left with a lean mean fighting machine.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett October 07, 2016 7:01 PM  

@61 exactly

Anonymous Gen. Kong October 07, 2016 7:04 PM  

Ceerilan wrote:I was unaware that the courts in the US was still following the 1st Ammendment by allowing organizations taking a principled stand against homosexuality to continue operating.

As some of us have to keep in reminding folks, there is no rule of law in the Banana Empire. You can be sure that a blackrobe will be coming down on them with his vulture-feather boa in short order. The moneybags will stop the funding and they'll be getting sued.

Paul wrote:As Vox has obviously noted by quoting a comment from there, Rod Dreher, who seems to get most of his blog traffic from gays and liberals who consider him a "nice" Conservative, is triumphantly all over this - in a blog post.

OTOH, I seem to recall that Dreher recently abandoned his rural church and Crunchy Con Benedict Option homestead for a richer life in the adjacent big city. So I'm confused. How do you tell a true Christian from a true Churchian, and which one is Rod Dreher, formerly noted here as the biggest cuckservative?


Firstly, as some have already noted, the statement isn't quite as draconian as it might seem. It remains to be seen what they'll do when the real pressure comes. The Boy Scouts won a major victory with respect to freedom of association in the Supreme Court yet they're now totally cucked. The fact that this group has allowed Soros' BLM into its tent is not a good omen.

Secondly, the fact that Dreher opposes sodomite marriage is likely a mere unprincipled exception to his essentially Churchian-Marxoid beliefs. If Gospel of Galatians 3:28 (equality) trumps all - and it does for Churchians regardless of whether they bow to the Golden Dindu or to Goldman-Sachs - Dreher will eventually come around, just like the "conservatives" at NRO have, to supporting sodomite weddings and even forcing churches to perform such weddings (while exempting mosques and talmud-temples).

If IVF sticks to its guns and gets de-funded and booted off campus it might be the best thing to happen to them. It could open the door to purge the place of Churchians and their 'nice' allies, something which is likely long overdue. Either that or they go full retard under pressure and are converged.

Anonymous El Trumpo October 07, 2016 7:05 PM  

>>Genesis 34:25. Lop off their foreskins and pillage their village.

Yup, or as El Jefe would say, "Grab them by the pussy"

Blogger Wanda Sherratt October 07, 2016 7:09 PM  

@41 - "When your tent is so big that anyone is special enough to join, your group ceases to have any identity at all. Discrimination (AKA having borders) is the foundation for order."

In Canada, the Anglicans had as the theme of one of their syndos "Draw the circle wide. Draw it wider still!" http://archive.anglican.ca/gs2007/atsynod/se/ It's the sort of inclusive crap you'd expect.

Chesterton once wrote about this sort of mindset, that it was as if a person thought windows were so attractive that he started making his window bigger and bigger, until finally there was no frame at all. And, coincidentally, there was no window, either. If there isn't a frame, if there isn't any "outside", then there's no "inside" either.

Anonymous johnc October 07, 2016 7:26 PM  

@66

Yeah... There are going to be far more October surprises about Trump than there will be about Hillary.

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY October 07, 2016 7:40 PM  

" A lesbian (((Hispanic)))activist was interviewed after PULSE and she spewed more vitriol at the hospital that saved lives than the mad moslem, on the show Gaycation."
I bet than dumb lesbo wants to fill this country up to the rafters with mahometans more than willing to kill her. Goot Lawd, she should have caught a bullet .

Anonymous Clay October 07, 2016 7:51 PM  

Oh, be nice, Mosby.

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Blogger John rockwell October 07, 2016 8:01 PM  

@LoneStarWacho

''God's standards aren't negotiable. Creator vs creation. Eternal values. Not Demonic values. The Bible is quite clear about what we should do in the face of apostasy. Fact is, our faith has to be tried and tested. Homosexuality, Abortions, the list is long.''

A thing made clear in Scripture is that God mandates Patriarchy. Man at the head in command, wife obeys and so on and so forth.

As well as no female leadership over men whatsoever in the church and outside of it. Requirements for church leaders to be gentle self-controlled yet ruling the roost of his household.

Blogger John rockwell October 07, 2016 8:02 PM  

@LoneStarWacho

This is the crisis of the age and what is under attack among other things. This is where the majority of the so called "church'' is failing to obey God.

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY October 07, 2016 8:27 PM  

I try, Clay
You know I hope all is well with you and yours, my brother.

Anonymous johnc October 07, 2016 8:30 PM  

@71 As well as no female leadership over men whatsoever in the church and outside of it

This is a real problem in the workplace. Men subordinate to women for 8-10 hours a day can really be emasculating. Office work is basically a testosterone killer.

Anonymous Clay October 07, 2016 8:30 PM  

I have come to consider myself as a Christian Deist.

Look it up, if you choose to do so.

Blogger Paul October 07, 2016 8:45 PM  

Rod Dreher, standing at the barricades.

Quit now, Trump

So Dreher the Courageous basks in the radiance of IVCF, then recommends Trump, statistically even in the polls with Hillary, drop out and let Hillary trounce eleventh hour Pence and a draft pick to be named later.

Because, God forbid, Trump talks like a man.

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY October 07, 2016 8:45 PM  

"This is a real problem in the workplace. Men subordinate to women for 8-10 hours a day can really be emasculating. Office work is basically a testosterone killer."
I thank the Good Lord I never had to work in an office environment. Sumbitch, I would have prolly gone postal.

Anonymous Threepster October 07, 2016 8:48 PM  

OT: Mike Vanderboegh passed away. He will be missed

Anonymous Clay October 07, 2016 8:50 PM  

You're already postal, ya goober:)

You are still trying to deliver:)

Anonymous kfg October 07, 2016 8:52 PM  

@59: " If you take into account the universe, the Earth could occupy he center, while the universe revolves around it."

Toplogically speaking, what the universe does is expand around it.

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY October 07, 2016 8:53 PM  

You know the postman always rings twice, dont'cha ?

Anonymous Clay October 07, 2016 8:56 PM  

First time I've laughed out loud in a while.

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY October 07, 2016 8:58 PM  

"Because, God forbid, Trump talks like a man."
They don' like it, but they best get used to it .
Trumpenkrieg !

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY October 07, 2016 9:02 PM  

"First time I've laughed out loud in a while"
Glad to hep out, my good friend.
I'll be here all night, stick around.

Anonymous Obvious question October 07, 2016 9:33 PM  

Does Rod Dreher even lift?

Blogger M Cephas October 07, 2016 9:52 PM  

79.

I don't think you understood what I said.

Anonymous kfg October 07, 2016 10:22 PM  

@85:

I did.

Anonymous Charles October 07, 2016 10:29 PM  

>>Because, God forbid, Trump talks like a man.

THASS RIGHT, GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY!!

Trump knows what they want, and once he's elected, get ready...it's open season!!

Anonymous Marvin Boggs October 07, 2016 11:20 PM  

@47: Yes. The push to rationalize sin and accept it as "normal" is, I believe, more dangerous than the sinful act itself. As Martin Luther once said, "Sin boldly".

"Normal" has nothing to do with right or wrong. Divorce, currently, in North America is frequent enough to be called "normal". It is certainly not what God intended, so it is not right. "Normal" can and will change. Right and wrong are fixed.

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 08, 2016 12:21 AM  

The universe isn't gravitationally bound, so it doesn't make sense to talk about it having a center, and it certainly doesn't make sense to talk about the cosmic walls and voids having a planet-sized center.

This talk is just more of the same religiously motivated utter nonsense.

@54, there's a reason Christian organizations didn't stand up to the Left, they were the Left. Margaret Mead was cucking her Lutheran minister husband when she was fucking the men of Samoa and then wrote her nonsensical book about it. Obama's mother probably saw herself as another Margaret Mead.

There is a reason we have only discovered cuck-shaming recently, and that reason is Christianity.

If belief in souls can cause you to postulate that the earth, running around in the solar system, running around in the galaxy, running around in the cluster, is the center of the universe, what else can it cause you to postulate? Sure, you've rejected the lottery of souls, and the idea that a female soul can be accidentally put in a male body, and the idea that since souls are ageless age is just a number. What terrifying nonsense haven't you rejected yet?

Blogger M Cephas October 08, 2016 1:30 AM  

@89.
Einstein and Hawking certainly had no problem talking about a universe with a center, even if they chose not to believe it on philosophical grounds. A point that occupies the center of mass, which is the center of the total mass added up. Not a geometric center.

@86.

It seemed rather irrelevant to what I had said.

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 08, 2016 2:08 AM  

Right, you can take the barycenter of the distribution of mass in the entire universe, assuming the universe isn't a closed manifold with a more or less even distribution of mass. It won't tell you anything about the dynamics of the universe, since the universe isn't gravitationally bound.

And when you do, you can define the speed at which it moves as zero, actually you have a gauge freedom to define its speed, but it must have constant velocity of your chosen magnitude.

We do know that our planet is orbiting our star with an orbital speed of 30km/s (faster at aphelion, of course, thanks to Kepler). We also know that the sun orbits the galactic core at approximately 200km/s, though, of course, density fluctuations change this speed regularly. We also know that the ecliptic, the plane in which the planets live, is at a 60 degree angle to the galactic plane, in which the spiral arms live. We also know that the Milky Way is moving within the its galactic group, and expected to collide with the Andromeda galaxy in 3.75 billion years, at which point the sun's orbit will become even more chaotic.

And within all of this whirling motion, the center of the entire universe stays inside this 6370km radius spheroid? That's impossible.

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 08, 2016 2:30 AM  

...and this is retarded. Biology is politicized since Darwin's dangerous idea of natural selection challenged racial equality. Atmospheric science is politicized since the lunatics decided to get scared about the climate.

Last time I was arguing physics as a political issue, it was with dhimmicrats who didn't know and refused to learn some basic facts about nuclear physics.

I've never seen basic mechanics turn into a political issue before. I wouldn't put it past you to try to argue that general relativity invalidates the assumption of flat space and the actual barycenter maybe changes quickly with gravitational lensing or whatever. Honestly, I've never looked into what corrections to make to these notions with general relativity.

OpenID anonymos-coward October 08, 2016 3:12 AM  


And within all of this whirling motion, the center of the entire universe stays inside this 6370km radius spheroid? That's impossible.


Your understanding is fundamentally wrong. The universe doesn't have a center, and thus any arbitrary point can be considered to be a center. (See: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/GR/centre.html)

You are committing an anthropomorphic fallacy -- trying to imagine the day-to-day Newtonian mechanics of human-sized objects and extrapolating them a billion times bigger.

It doesn't work like that, time and space on a universal scale don't work in intuitive ways.

Anonymous Eric the Red October 08, 2016 3:20 AM  

The left are dinosaurs. Each petty little tyrant is a T.Rex roaming around thinking she is lord of all she surveys. But the thing is, an asteroid is coming. Leftists don't realize it, but each and every one of them is headed for extinction. They and their value system will never rise again.

When it happens, good riddance.

Blogger M Cephas October 08, 2016 3:34 AM  

"We do know that our planet is orbiting our star with an orbital speed of 30km/s"

We don't know that. That's the standard model we go by. We've never proven that with any experiment.

"Your understanding is fundamentally wrong. The universe doesn't have a center, and thus any arbitrary point can be considered to be a center"

You're discussing just one interpretation of the data.

Anonymous Avalanche October 08, 2016 8:38 AM  

@29 "Seems they're making a stand in regards to all of human sexuality as opposed to just the gay marriage issue."

When I ran a dating, mating, marrying advice list, I used to describe this (partly hoping it was true?):

Religious girls (theoretically) have a 'built-in' reason to turn down boys asking for sex: "God wouldn't like it."

Non-religious girls used to have: "my daddy wouldn't like it" -- but in this pathological society, too many dads now urge their daughters to cat around (or, at least, don't guard against it).

*I* was teaching the non-religious girls (also the religious ones but they, theoretically, already had a 'guard') how to *gracefully* say no; how to value their own bodies (and souls / mental and emotional health) by NOT sleeping around. (Alas, it was mostly "girls" in their 30's, having discovered that society's pathology was NOT helping them, as the feminists had promised, to a loving husband and (often desperately desired) babies.

How could it be, that at age 30, they had never been taught -- or even SHOWN -- it is possible to respectfully say no, to enlist the MAN'S chivalry in protecting the girl's (granted, too often reclaimed) virtue? Dating is for pleasure in the moment; COURTING is for pleasure and happiness in the long-term!

Alas, for the so-lost girls!

Blogger G-S. October 08, 2016 9:24 AM  

Nov 8th will determine if pussy grabbing is a christian virtue. I'm doubting it is, but the world will discover exactly the number of voters that believe it is.

Trump voters must be suffering from neurosis. How to be both decent and good, and support someone who displays exactly the opposite of those qualities.

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 10:53 AM  

@65 Gen. Kong

As some of us have to keep in reminding folks, there is no rule of law in the Banana Empire. You can be sure that a blackrobe will be coming down on them with his vulture-feather boa in short order. The moneybags will stop the funding and they'll be getting sued.
---

An old wrestling statement - Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Knowing that is most likely to happen, what would be a way to thwart them?

- let the moneybags go and give up some excessive luxury, or public shaming of the moneybags/steal their ability to virtue signal?

- no rule of law = removal of the blackrobe by hook or crook, as well as the feather. He goes there doesn't return?

These are not the kind of things I see a church doing, unless a Solomon Kane shows up and starts dealing out retribution.

Yeesh, these must be the things that philipine president was facing when he took office.

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 10:56 AM  

@66 El Trumpo
>>Genesis 34:25. Lop off their foreskins and pillage their village.

Yup, or as El Jefe would say, "Grab them by the pussy"
---

Meanwhile, Bill Clinton is back home #DickingBimbos

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 10:58 AM  

@69 jOHN MOSBY
" A lesbian (((Hispanic)))activist was interviewed after PULSE and she spewed more vitriol at the hospital that saved lives than the mad moslem, on the show Gaycation."
I bet than dumb lesbo wants to fill this country up to the rafters with mahometans more than willing to kill her. Goot Lawd, she should have caught a bullet .
---

As the saying goes, defend our women, but not the lesbians

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 11:00 AM  

@74 johnc
@71 As well as no female leadership over men whatsoever in the church and outside of it

This is a real problem in the workplace. Men subordinate to women for 8-10 hours a day can really be emasculating. Office work is basically a testosterone killer.
---

The worst thing about this - they are usually more interesting in placing the blame for problems than fixing the problems.

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 11:02 AM  

@80 jOHN MOSBY
You know the postman always rings twice, dont'cha ?
---

What's with these limp wristed delivery cucks who barely get a full ring ? It's like a chirp, and they are driving down the street.

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 11:04 AM  

@87 Charles
>>Because, God forbid, Trump talks like a man.

THASS RIGHT, GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY!!

Trump knows what they want, and once he's elected, get ready...it's open season!!
---

How did I miss all this candy ass exhibitions yesterday?

And Charles here was probably a steadfast Clintonian going on and on about consent during the Monica years.

Get outta here with your mangina before one of us grabs it biiitch

Blogger Were-Puppy October 08, 2016 11:08 AM  

@97 G-S.
Nov 8th will determine if pussy grabbing is a christian virtue.
---

*Grabs G-S*
*Struts around virtuously*

Anonymous Instasetting October 08, 2016 11:30 AM  

As I've heard, fwiw, the Earth is within a 100,000 lightyears of the universal center, and that's close enough to be described as the center.

As to the 'Christians make bad Science', why do you think Science was born in Europe?

Anonymous mature craig October 08, 2016 2:05 PM  

Great title really hit me hard. Retreat is pointless

OpenID peppermintfrosted October 08, 2016 5:29 PM  

@93, if the universe is a closed manifold without boundary, then it doesn't have a center, which would be the place minimizing the integral of x dx. If it in addition has a more or less even distribution of matter, the calculation of the barycenter, minimizing the integral of density*x dx, won't tell us anything. If the universe is an open manifold and the distribution of mass in it has some volume, then it would have a well defined barycenter, which would be somewhere or other but almost certainly not here.

It is unknown what kind of manifold the universe is.

Blogger M Cephas October 08, 2016 7:04 PM  

106.

The COBE, WMAP, and Planck satellites used to map the CMB(Cosmic microwave background radiation), did show that the universe is not homogeneous. That means the universe is defined with special locations and directions.

“But when you look at CMB map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of the earth around the sun. Is this Copernicus coming back to haunt us? That’s crazy. We’re looking out at the whole universe. There’s no way there should be a correlation of structure with our motion of the earth around the sun — the plane of the earth around the sun — the ecliptic. That would say we are truly the center of the universe.”

That's from Krause's book, "A Universe from Nothing".

Anonymous SciVo October 09, 2016 5:09 AM  

Instasetting wrote:As I've heard, fwiw, the Earth is within a 100,000 lightyears of the universal center, and that's close enough to be described as the center.

I suspect an anthropological fallacy -- this is what we've found so far, because we're looking out from where we are. If someone can point me to a rebuttal, great.

Anonymous SciVo October 09, 2016 5:11 AM  

Sorry, I mean anthropocentric.

Anonymous SciVo October 09, 2016 5:36 AM  

Paul wrote:So Dreher the Courageous basks in the radiance of IVCF, then recommends Trump, statistically even in the polls with Hillary, drop out and let Hillary trounce eleventh hour Pence and a draft pick to be named later.

It's amazing how the anti-Americans are just handing us a list of names of people to purge come the revolution, whether it's November or some other date. They did such a good job of pretending to be pro-America, and for so long; why break the kayfabe?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts