ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, October 31, 2016

The two-bullet theory

Scott Adams presents his two-bullet theory to explain why Comey first covered for Hillary, then exposed her:
My movie says Comey had good evidence against Clinton during the initial investigation but made a judgement call to leave the decision to the American public. For reasons of conscience, and acting as a patriot, Comey explained in clear language to the public exactly what evidence the FBI found against Clinton. The evidence looked daming because it was. Under this interpretation, Comey took a bullet to his reputation for the sake of the Republic. He didn’t want the FBI to steal this important decision away from the people, but at the same time he couldn’t let the people decide blind. So he divulged the evidence and stepped away, like the action hero who doesn’t look back at the explosion.

In the second act of this movie, Comey learns that the Weiner laptop had emails that were so damning it would be a crime against the public to allow them to vote without first seeing a big red flag. And a flag was the best he could do because it was too early in the investigation to leak out bits and pieces of the evidence. That would violate Clinton’s rights.

But Comey couldn’t easily raise a red flag to warn the public because it was against FBI policy to announce a criminal investigation about a candidate so close to election day. So Comey had a choice of either taking another bullet for the Republic or screwing the very country that he has spent his career protecting.

In this movie, Comey did the hero thing. He alerted the public to the fact that the FBI found DISQUALIFYING information on the Weiner laptop. And he took a second bullet to his reputation.

How do I know the new emails are that bad?

I start by assuming Comey is the same man now as the one who was carefully vetted before being hired to protect the integrity of one of our most important institutions. And even Comey’s critics concede he’s smart.

So…

The way you know the new emails are disqualifying for Clinton is because otherwise our hero would have privately informed Congress and honored the tradition of not influencing elections. Comey is smart enough to know his options. And unless he suddenly turned rotten at his current age, he’s got the character to jump in front of a second bullet for the Republic.

According to this movie, no matter who gets elected, we’ll eventually learn of something disqualifying in the Weiner emails.

And we can’t say we weren’t warned. Comey took two bullets to do it.
While I agree with Scott's conclusion that the emails have to be THAT bad in order to justify Comey's change of heart, I don't agree with his twice-heroic interpretation of Comey's actions. Comey strikes me more as someone who did the dirty the first time around, felt guilty about having failed in his duty, and when given the opportunity to do the right thing and redeem himself, leaped at the chance.

The fact that we have word of an internal rebellion at the FBI and his wife's initial disappointment in him tends to support this theory. The good news about the redemption theory is that having failed once, and having personally experienced the negative consequences of that failure, I expect Comey is much more likely to hold firm under fire this time around, especially given that he knows he will have the support of those around him. He's going to need it, too, because he is already coming under tremendous fire from some very powerful people.

Besides, if we're talking about movies, the Redemption motif is stronger than the Machiavellian Hero story.

Labels: ,

121 Comments:

Anonymous KPP October 31, 2016 5:07 AM  

I agree with you Vox. Comey screwed the pooch the first time around and knew it. This is his chance to make it right. He is going to take a bullet (figuratively, hopefully) on this, but he'll be able to live with himself afterwards.

And if Hillary comes undone because of this, he'll never have to buy his own drinks for the rest of his life.

Blogger Ezekiel October 31, 2016 5:09 AM  

Discovered irrefutable evidence of pedophilia, would be my guess.

Blogger Markku October 31, 2016 5:18 AM  

Yep, Vox's theory sounds like actual life, and Scott's theory sounds like that of someone who is constantly amazed at how people do things that just aren't logical.

Anonymous TJK October 31, 2016 5:19 AM  

Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary to avoid her being dragged through the court system being spun as political revenge by the media or to look statesmanlike, or like a good sport?

I suppose that also depends on the magnitude of dirt being uncovered.

Blogger John M October 31, 2016 5:20 AM  

The American people are not a jury, they are not supposed to decide whether or not Hillary gets punished for a crime. Comey failed to do his job and should be sacked if there are enough evidence to charge Hillary and he refused to do that.

Blogger Shimshon October 31, 2016 5:21 AM  

650K emails?!

What we're seeing is that IT from the highest levels of the Democratic party on down is fully converged.

First, you have Podesta's IT guy replying that the phishing email was legit, when even a cursory glance would have revealed it to be phony. I've gotten those emails before. Just mouse and look at the link. Second, how on earth did Weiner do what he did or get away with it?! This is what you get when you treat workers as cogs (or check boxes in identity politics).

I doubt Trump's organization will ever be hacked similarly. He might know nothing about tech, but he hires people who do, and appreciate the importance of security.

Your explanation of Comey's actions are more realistic and reflective of human nature than Scott's. I agree. Comey attempted to wash himself of the whole sordid affair, and didn't expect the intense backlash he fully deserved. He jumped at this opportunity to absolve himself because it offered him an easy out.

Now that the whole investigation has been revived, I wonder if her medical records are going to be leaked too, given the huge red flag she waved in front of the agents who interviewed her in mentioning a medical issue affecting her memory.

Anonymous Vile Deplorable Minion #8859 October 31, 2016 5:22 AM  

Comey still dropped the FBI's reputation into the sewer. He showed it to be no more that another of Obama's political enforcement tools.

Anonymous Difster October 31, 2016 5:22 AM  

Either way, I hope Hillary hits the mat like a prize fighter on the take.

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable October 31, 2016 5:26 AM  

OT: I just finished John C. Wright's Chronicles of Chaos trilogy. And it was phenomenal. I did my best with the Tor boycott by library --> used --> used ex-library. Anyway, great books.

It was also my favorite description of the fourth dimension. Most writers either handwave or give a math lecture, and John threaded the needle by intimating his understanding of the math, while actually giving a visceral and visual description. Brilliant.

Anonymous Vile Deplorable Minion #8859 October 31, 2016 5:28 AM  

650K emails? Is that like a database copy of every state dept. email ever?

And Huma put it on Weiner's laptop? Which laptop HAD to be visiting every porn site in eastern europe, and be filled with all malware known to mankind.

There comes a point at which I stop believing anyone can be so stupid.

Blogger synp October 31, 2016 5:31 AM  

TJK wrote:Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary to avoid her being dragged through the court system being spun as political revenge by the media or to look statesmanlike, or like a good sport?

I suppose that also depends on the magnitude of dirt being uncovered.


It does and he might, but not because he's a good sport, but because they are part of the same milieu. The campaign makes it seem like they're bitter enemies, but it's no coincidence that he's been photographed with the Clintons so often and has engaged in locker room banter with Billy Bush.

But he'll only go so far for his buddies the Clintons. He'll do it only if it doesn't turn out to be terrible.

However, this is very different from Ford pardoning Nixon. Nixon was the president. He stood for America. Clinton is just a candidate. Yes she was secretary of state, but that is just a highly-placed government official. What she does does not reflect on the US any more than some police officer shooting an innocent man or some American tourist getting arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Singapore.

Anonymous Vile Deplorable Minion #8859 October 31, 2016 5:34 AM  

@4 It is extremely unlikely the Hagraven would even care about a Trumpardon. Normally, exiting presidents pardon their people on the way out. I'd be very, very surprised if the Hildebeast doesn't get one of her own from Big O.

He could pardon her now, but she's not done with her crimes yet.

Anonymous Roundtine October 31, 2016 5:35 AM  

I don't think Comey was heroic in July, but I agree with Adams' interpretation of events. Comey figured listing all of her crimes would be enough to sink her in the election and save the FBI from getting involved in presidential politics. That's the only way one can interpret his listing of all of her crimes, and plainly answering Congress' questions. There was no attempt to deceive or soften the news, he didn't want to indict her. History would have been on his side, and would have blamed the Democrats for choosing a plainly corrupt candidate, but I can understand why in the short-term he took a pass. Then new info probably means she'll be indicted in 2017. Here comes impeachment!

Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary to avoid her being dragged through the court system being spun as political revenge by the media or to look statesmanlike, or like a good sport?

Yes, but if this is really big he'll let it run because the Clinton Foundation is a core part of the Democrat party. If the new evidence leads to indictments against major players, the Democrats will go down in flames in 2018 whether Trump wins or loses. Then, once the spirit of progressives is broken and the Democrat party is ashes, pardons are possible.

Blogger Markku October 31, 2016 5:39 AM  

Not being particularly informed on the events, do I understand correctly that he didn't actually volunteer the information, but merely was very exhaustive in his answer when the Congress asked for all of it?

Anonymous Takin' a Look October 31, 2016 5:45 AM  

http://82.221.129.208/basepages2.html

Anonymous Cantostop October 31, 2016 5:49 AM  

"Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary to avoid her being dragged through the court system being spun as political revenge by the media or to look statesmanlike, or like a good sport?

I suppose that also depends on the magnitude of dirt being uncovered."

Aw hellllll no, I certainly hope not. That would be the blueballing of the decade.

If he ends up in a situation in which he could pardon her and does, I for one would be livid. I want to see that treasonous, cold-blooded bitch in prison, at BEST! In fact, if only a small handful of people end up in prison that won't be enough!

https://ballotpedia.org/Changes_in_Net_Worth_of_U.S._Senators_and_Representatives_(Personal_Gain_Index)

Blogger Lovekraft October 31, 2016 6:00 AM  

My take on it is Comey has some measure of integrity, having to play a game surrounded by snakes.

What happened is he gave Hilary and her camp a chance to display some measure of remorse, and not to laugh off the scandal as just another day at the office.

This didn't happen. He saw that the democrat machine is filled with criminals and basically let them hang with their own rope.

Good for him.

Blogger Phillip George October 31, 2016 6:12 AM  

Marlon Brandon's Mark Antony is perhaps the most brilliant take down of politics ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9C55TkUP8
3 minutes of Marlon doing Comey ??? - nothing condemns as savagely as faint praise and feigned defence.
Comey, it would seem, waited till there was blood on the ground. Incontrovertible, indelible, irrevocable and unretrievable - he could do no more. Whoever fed this, is the Machiavellian hero/ gets the congressional medal of honour. Was it him closing the circle by other means? They dodged maybe, the real thing bullets, where others stepped not so fortunate.

Anonymous Mister M October 31, 2016 6:26 AM  

The pedophilia thing has been rumbling in the 'conspiracy community' for 20 years now. Congress, hollywood, Big Gov't - all supposedly in on it and the servile press too scared to go near it.

Perhaps there was something to it after all. Yet another "conspiracy theory!" becoming conspiracy fact.

Anonymous Bz October 31, 2016 6:27 AM  

I'm feeling more cynical and think the FBI are whitewashing the whole thing as quickly as they can. Though to be fair it seemed at the first press conference like Comey was under intense pressure (from Loretta Lynch?). He all but said Hillary should be prosecuted except we just can't.

Perhaps the change of heart has to do with the evidence this time being in the hands of that Indian prosecutor, Preet Bharara.

Anonymous Anonymous October 31, 2016 6:34 AM  

I think whether President Trump will pardon Clinton will depend on what he get out of it? Its a card he could hold when negotiating with Democrats

Anonymous Bz October 31, 2016 6:36 AM  

The ongoing mass elite pedophilia thing seems too weird to be true, except for one thing: The gnawing feeling that much of the political class are being remote controlled (or at least nudged) by blackmail material. That they only get funded for campaigning once they are firmly under the thumb of their backers.

The mechanism for doing this would be: homosexuals being themselves (drugs, sickening activities and underage boys); perhaps some plagiarism, serious drugs, hushed-up rape accusations in college; or, why not, party hard with some of these good looking, discreet girls. Oh dear, you have done some very bad things, but we can make them all go away.

Blogger Ezekiel October 31, 2016 6:37 AM  

Bz wrote:I'm feeling more cynical and think the FBI are whitewashing the whole thing as quickly as they can. Though to be fair it seemed at the first press conference like Comey was under intense pressure (from Loretta Lynch?). He all but said Hillary should be prosecuted except we just can't.

Perhaps the change of heart has to do with the evidence this time being in the hands of that Indian prosecutor, Preet Bharara.

That's the impression I got in the first press conference: "She's guilty as Hell, but we like being alive too much to charge her for anything."

Whether or not we like Comey or whatever reason he has for doing what he's doing, it's probably worth noting that his life expectancy has probably gone down quite a bit for it.

Blogger M Cephas October 31, 2016 6:43 AM  

I heard on Molyneux's channel them float the idea around that Comey might not have wanted to risk going after her, if it would have led to a failed charge, as they would only have one shot at getting her.

Which is another possible angle. It's either that, or redemption. Comey wanting to "leave the decision to the public" seems kinda ridiculous in comparison.

Anonymous Cantostop October 31, 2016 6:45 AM  

My take is similar to Lovekraft's and Adams's in that I think Comey may come out of all this looking pretty good. MAY. For sake of discussion, I'd like to offer up an out-there theory that Comey may have envisioned the destruction of his country with the Clintons, and made it his mission to take them down.

Consider:
1) Back in July during his press conference, after he just clearly laid out all the facts which showed her provably guilty as sin, he seemed legitimately troubled by his "no reasonable prosecutor" conclusion BS, like he wanted to go in the bathroom and vomit.
2) He's obviously not stupid, and had he recommended prosecution, after thirty years of Clinton's sociopathic lying and criminal behavior, he no doubt believed they would have ample time to weasel themselves out of it. I'd like to hear if anyone agrees with this, I certainly believe she would have found a way to bury it like everything else.
3) At that point, if Clinton later won, he avoids any suicide-by-nailgun, and if the country was diseased enough to vote in someone like that regardless, then he would take comfort in knowing he did all he could without getting suicided. If Trump won, he looks bad, but not bad enough to have any significant impact... and if he believed Trump will go after her and everyone else in the criminal enterprise with full force, he need only be compliant with Trump by that point.

IOW I believe even in July he wanted to take them down, and did all he could while intelligently hedging his bets.

Some reasons I can think of for this not to be true:
1) Supposedly he was on the board at HSBC when Lynch arranged a sweetheart deal to only fine HSBC five weeks' profit for money laundering for drug cartels.
-Suspicious but he could have just kept his head down throughout, not getting involved. These people work in high capacities and paths are sure to cross, who knows.
2) The wife said he's been torn and stressed.
-Imagine you knew what was at stake back in July, as did your wife. You would need each other's mutual support throughout, and her saying some crap a few days ago about how stressed he was at the end could just as easily have been planned long in advance.
3) The FBI mutiny.
-I don't doubt this at all, but could he have told others of his intentions back in July? No, to me this seems like it would have to be done solo.

IOW... if I were Comey, and wanted to put an end to the reign of terror of the Clinton's once and for all, I would have done exactly as Comey did, in July, and on Fri.

Thoughts?

Anonymous Eric the Red October 31, 2016 6:51 AM  

In this society equality was always ever supposed to mean equality under the law. But insane evil assholes like the Clintons perverted it twice: they dropped “under the law” and insisted on the absurdity that every warm body is supposed to be equal in abilities, looks, money, jobs, everything. Then they broke every damn law based on morality and decency and gamed the system because they thought they were some higher order of life that could make its own rules.

They perverted it twice, they need to be punished twice; first by being thrown into the deepest dankest prison for the rest of their natural lives, and then thrown into the fires of hell in the next life.

Anonymous Bz October 31, 2016 6:52 AM  

Comey in the first press conference also did make himself and the FBI an out, of sorts: He recommended not to prosecute, but that means first, that Hillary as I understand it can't be pardoned by Obama if she wasn't prosecuted, and second, that a Trump AG at a later time still could make another evaluation of the case and decide to prosecute. The FBI would be in the doghouse, but perhaps there would be a willingness to forgive and forget.

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume October 31, 2016 6:57 AM  

I don't know about the heroism angle the first time around. The heroic thing, given his situation, was to go the his big press conference and say everything Lynch obviously wanted him to say.

And then resign and tell the public his job and the FBI itself has been compromised and he can no longer do his job because he was just ordered not to Indict.

Anonymous dagwood October 31, 2016 6:58 AM  

"or some American tourist getting arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Singapore."

Well, she pretty much ran State that way, except drunk tourists don't burn down entire countries and get their own people killed to cover it up.

The thing that astounds me is, even if the emails and the scandals and even the Clinton Foundation never existed, her mere dreadful performance at State, in the Senate, and as the retard who auto-nuked the health care plan during Bill's go at it, more than establish her blithering incompetence.

And apparently there are entire books written, and substantial testimony from insiders, about her swearing like a sailor constantly and saying malicious, quasi-psychotic type things on a regular basis. Trump said some slightly raw things about women in private to the moral equivalent of a drinking buddy. Clinton apparently routinely tells the Secret Service and Marine honor guards to go f!ck themselves.

Anonymous Cantostop October 31, 2016 7:06 AM  

4) Also, before his July conference he would have anticipated anger from the "good" guys within the FBI, and that they would be increasingly vocal about their displeasure. And he would have recognized this as a way to weed out those whom he could and could not trust. The people most obviously upset by his actions back in July - and influential and trustworthy - were probably the ones he quietly approached as the election drew nearer.

Anonymous Broken Arrow October 31, 2016 7:10 AM  

If the FBI really has a bombshell they are going to need to release it very quickly to really move the needle on the election, or for her to step down.

Blogger Salt October 31, 2016 7:10 AM  

Redemption or Machiavellian, either way Comey should transfer to Secret Service, having taken two hits for the Office of the President of the United States of America.

Blogger Cataline Sergius October 31, 2016 7:11 AM  

The Democrats all out attack on Comey smells of terror and desperation.

Anonymous Ahazuerus October 31, 2016 7:22 AM  

The FBI has been running around framing idiots with beards for fake terror offences in support of the executive branch's foolhardy war on tourism. To anyone actually paying attention, there is no oft-vaunted "FBI reputation" to sully.

They're simply the last government agency not to be completely unmasked and ruthlessly fisked in public. It is THAT status Comey is jealously guarding, because with it comes a flow of money, "actionable intelligence" (i.e. ownership of the biggest closet in which many skeletons are interred), and vast influence over domestic policy execution.

Which influence is a highly saleable commodity in its own right.

I know lots of people really really want to believe there's some unsullied US government agency left in this world, but the evidence is overwhelmingly against it being the FBI, if one does exist.

Remember that the FBI has shot over 150 people dead in the last 25 years and never made one mistake.

According to the FBI.

Not even one mistake, let alone any corrupt killings for revenge, to cover another crime, in commission of other crimes, or any other legally culpable cause.

According to the FBI.

You have to be incredibly naive and ignorant to believe any of this.

Blogger Cataline Sergius October 31, 2016 7:25 AM  

Weiner is cooperating with the FBI. He wouldn't have done that without an immunity deal.

Which means they would not have needed warrants to start looking through the laptop, if he gave them permission.

Blogger Basil Makedon October 31, 2016 7:25 AM  

I don't believe the Hero narrative because a "Hero" that believed in the "Republic" would have given the Democrats a chance to replace her before or during their convention.

He didn't, so they didn't. He did his best to whitewash it.

Then, faced with an internal mutiny, another investigation that he couldn't control (because it was run by the US Attorney in SDNY) and the inevitable constitutional crisis that he would bear a large part of the blame for created, backed into the corner he did some small part of the right thing.

Blogger OGRE October 31, 2016 7:27 AM  

I've considered this as well, and while both Adams and VDs interpretation make total sense, I think Adams may be right here. But with the added consideration that Comey was likely being weighed on quite heavily by his boss and possibly the President to not push for an indictment.

Thinking about how I would have proceeded if I had been in his shoes, I very well might have done the same thing. Do you go down in history as being the guy that forced a criminal prosecution on a major party Presidential candidate 5 months before the election? Or do you spell out the issue and let the public decide, at the same time getting the President and AG off your ass and possibly bagging a huge favor from a potential incoming POTUS? Unless he was sitting on some damning evidence of serious wrongdoing, he has to punt.

Most of the public don't give two shits about emails and classified documents. Thats boring nerd talk. It doesn't carry the kind of moral outrage with the public that things like murder or treason or pussy-grabbing does. Now for people like us who understand how important it is for the President to be at least competent enough to not send classified documents over the interwebs unencrypted and unsecured, its a major disqualifier all on its own. But most people have no idea what all the hubbub is about.

So--from Comey's perspective--he either forces a go on an indictment about technical stuff that doesn't really have any moral components to it, and risk looking like he interfered in the election. Or he makes the AG happy, and possibly his future POTUS as well, and simply spells out to the public what Clinton did wrong and why it was so bad, but holds off on pursuing actual charges. Its really a no-win situation for him, he has to do something and he either looks like a Democratic hack trying to provide cover or like a Republican hack trying to interfere in an election. At least the former keeps him out of the history books.

Of course, all that changes if he knew of something far more sinister was down the pipe.

Blogger Lazarus October 31, 2016 7:34 AM  

John M wrote:The American people are not a jury, they are not supposed to decide whether or not Hillary gets punished for a crime. Comey failed to do his job and should be sacked if there are enough evidence to charge Hillary and he refused to do that.

Ever hear of the Court of Public Opinion?

Blogger Orville October 31, 2016 7:38 AM  

No pardons. Trump says he wants to drain the swamp. This appears to be a once in a lifetime opportunity to do just that. What he needs to do is restock DOJ ASAP and take a scorched earth fast trial approach on any actionable evidence on any person including Republicans, as I expect to see some of their names get floated in all the plea deals.

I don't think Obama can pardon himself, so I doubt that he will pardon the Clintons.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) October 31, 2016 7:38 AM  

650k isn't that many emails over an eight year period depending on how many of them are just cc

OpenID aew51183 October 31, 2016 7:38 AM  

The whole orwellian complex is going all out on this one.
Social media is suppressing all trends surrounding this despite everyone talking about it.

Blogger OGRE October 31, 2016 7:39 AM  

@10 I've heard two things regarding the Huma computer. The first is that they were all stored under a folder labelled "Life Insurance," and that this was Weiner purposefully making a backup to protect himself. The second is that they are a backup created by an auto-sync feature. I'm more inclined to think its the second. I don't think a guy like Weiner has that kind of foresight, intelligence, or dedication to backup that many emails. And it is consistent with the level of ignorance and stupidity of the Clinton people to be all "i am not good with computer."

I can only imagine the shock among the Clinton people if this backup was there completely by accident and unknown to any of them. Looking at those images taken on the campaign plane of Huma and Hillary, Huma looks about ready to break down, and Clinton has the look of a monarch resigned to her destiny with the headman's axe.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) October 31, 2016 7:40 AM  

Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary to avoid her being dragged through the court system being spun as political revenge by the media or to look statesmanlike, or like a good sport?

Only if he plans on betraying his base.

Blogger Basil Makedon October 31, 2016 7:43 AM  

@38

It works out to about 200 emails a day for a decade. 200 emails a day is a very substantial number of emails. Some, likely were deleted instantly because Weiner doesn't need herbal viagra ... oh wait. Anyway, it is a completely plausible number of emails.

Blogger Montrose October 31, 2016 7:44 AM  

Comey is a paid-off agent of the deep state. It is a mistake to assume he has any motivation that is not entirely self-centered.

Blogger OGRE October 31, 2016 7:45 AM  

@37 The Presidential pardon power extends only to violations of federal law, except in cases of impeachment. Theres some debate as to whether a President could issue a pardon for crimes that would give rise to impeachment.

Its also of note that he could not issue a pardon for state level prosecutions. Things like murder and statutory rape would generally be prosecuted at the state level and be beyond the president's power to pardon.

Blogger Orville October 31, 2016 7:47 AM  

Fedgov generates an unbelievable amount of email, mostly worthless. It's not unusual for me to get over 100 a day. I once had to re-image the boss' laptop and her email archive was 8GB.

Blogger Orville October 31, 2016 7:50 AM  

Also there is a formula N(N-1)/2, where N is the number of people on your team or project. Your email communications can really get out of hand if you are working with large numbers of people.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) October 31, 2016 7:51 AM  

Especially if that number also includes sent and replies

Anonymous VFM #6306 October 31, 2016 8:00 AM  

Trump should publicly toy with the concept of pardoning her. It is a Presidential consideration, after all.

It will give that difficult moment when he signs the order for the Clintons' executions for treason all the more poignant.

Blogger dienw October 31, 2016 8:01 AM  

A superior level of understanding from Lame Cherry:
To translate this, the FBI in New York in the field agents were given a STAND DOWN order by McCabe. New York FBI uncovered the Anthony Wiener laptop with 650,000 illegal emails from the Clinton server. New York FBI knowing they were being stonewalled by the crooks in DC, had just embarked upon permission to get a Federal Prosecutor (translate that as a non corrupt political hack) not to just handle the probe into the Clinton Foundation, but the prize they had on the books, in Anthony and Huma Wiener's laptop with the illegal emails.

New York FBI did not divulge this evidence for almost two months. They intended to prosecute this case with their own prosecutors to get out from under the corruption of Obama and Clinton in DC. It was only after McCabe shut down New York FBI, that they then dumped this all onto Director Comey, who now had a cover up on his hands, that he could not cover up, even though Justice was again ordering Comey to shut the investigation down.

Blogger Giovanni Dannato October 31, 2016 8:02 AM  

I got the impression that as usual Adams is playing around. I interpret this as an open letter to Hillary supporters giving them an interpretation they'll find palatable enough to re-evaluate their assumptions and overcome their cognitive dissonance so that once they get out of their rut, they continue that chain of thought and reach further conclusions on their own...
The real "movie" is a little less compelling. Simplest explanation is Comey is a career bureaucrat who got his hand forced and is now jumping ship to try to save himself.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 31, 2016 8:03 AM  

Adams doesn't write to convey the truth; he writes to be persuasive (usually in a particular way he's working on).

I think Vox said in a previous post that this is a masterful bit of persuasion. It's designed to work on two groups:

1) People who agreed with Comey the first time: Democrats and those who like to think American officials are the good guys. By agreeing with them on Comey Decision #1, he makes them inclined to want to agree with him on CD#2, to reinforce that he's right about them being right on CD#1. If they say he's wrong about CD#2, then he might be wrong about them being right about CD#1, and they don't want that. It's a lot like opening with a compliment before you offer a criticism.

2) People who didn't have a particular opinion about CD#1, but they like to think always agreeing (or disagreeing) with both sides makes them smart and insightful. Moderates, in other words. Saying the Democrats were right about CD#1 encourages them to think that the Republicans are right about CD#2, to keep their moderate universe in balance.

Blogger The Kurgan October 31, 2016 8:06 AM  

Nope. Comey is a bought and paid for scum. He lied and protected the lizard queen and now is only throwing her to the dogs to cover his own ass, but as for Scott, he wrote what he did to give Comey an escape route, because if he does that Comey can then go after Clinton hard.

Scott has been known to have influenced national politics on purpose before. TPTB actually read his stuff.

Blogger dienw October 31, 2016 8:07 AM  

While all this turmoil about Clinton's emails is going on, the Clinton GOPelites (including FOX) have been working on a new smear against Trump: Two connected pedophiles who know each other, one is on the west coast the other the east, have concocted several hours of tape trying to smear Trump with pedophilia. This his been on the back burner for a couple of weeks as the groundwork is being laid.

Again, Lame Cherry has been the first in following it.

Blogger Johnny October 31, 2016 8:07 AM  

@37 No pardons. Trump says he wants to drain the swamp. This appears to be a once in a lifetime opportunity to do just that.

I could live with some pardons, but if he doesn't go after at least some of this I will be truly disheartened and royally pissed.

@40

Anybody who is old enough to remember John Dean knows that one way of getting cover is to document every damn thing you do. Just because Weiner is a sexual weirdo does not mean he is stupid. If it is genuinely under "Life Insurance," then I vote deliberate.

Blogger horsewithnonick October 31, 2016 8:07 AM  

Huh - maybe there's hope for my political career after all...

Blogger clk October 31, 2016 8:08 AM  

No .. you guys have it all wrong. Here the real deal -- when it became clear that Trump would win the primary, the establishment was prepared to help Hillary (knowing that Bernie could not beat Trump) .. and they were happy until the last few weeks were it looked like not only was Hillary going to win (and still may), she was going to have coat tails long enough to take the senate if not the house too. So they instructed Comey to act ..

This whole thing is meant to still get Hillary elected but with no coat tails AND enough damage that she will be a one term president.

Blogger Johnny October 31, 2016 8:09 AM  

Well, you know, a list of why he might have done it.

I doubt moral epiphany because it is not common. But most people do have some sense of decency and no doubt the collective distaste for Hillary was part of what brought this about.

Events in New York, that other investigation, forced his hand.

The new stuff is really hot, making disclosure safer than non disclosure.

(My most optimistic assessment.) It's starting to look like a Trump win, making legal action safer than non action.

And finally, my fondest hope is that Trump will sick the legal guys on all this government corruption, with the Clintons apparently at the head of it. Whether Hillary gets a pardon or not is really secondary to the big picture, the now greater than usual level of Washington corruption.

If Bill Clinton gets dragged into it I would favor he not be prosecuted. It is not healthy to go after former heads of state.

Blogger Lobo Util October 31, 2016 8:10 AM  

According to the NYPD the file folder on Weiner's laptop where they found all the emails was called: LIFE INSURANCE

I wonder what that meant?

Anonymous JAG October 31, 2016 8:11 AM  

There is real horror in those files in my opinion. I am beginning to think there will be evidence of murder, treason, pedophilia, sheesh. I'm almost scared to find out. History will not be kind to this particular era.

Blogger Lobo Util October 31, 2016 8:12 AM  

Also some NYPD sources claim that they threatened to release the full files themselves if the FBI didn't announce what they had. The NYPD didn't need a warrant to search the laptop since Weiner gave it to them.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 31, 2016 8:14 AM  

Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary

In general, I don't think Americans want to see state officials hanged or spending their retirement in jail (except Illinois governors). They prefer to think that stuff happens in banana republics, not in the Greatest Nation Ever. So if she loses and concedes gracefully, and Trump is a magnanimous victor (as you know he will be) and decides not to release the hounds on a defeated old woman, I think most Americans would be okay with that.

But a pardon goes much further, preventing the wheels of justice from turning and others from pursuing justice, though there are limits to how much it covers. Americans would have a problem with that. As the history books have it, Ford's pardon of Nixon soured the people on him from the start, and Nixon's crimes were jaywalking compared to Clinton's.

In short, I think Trump can nobly stay out of it, declining to either order new investigations or issue pardons, and simply let the investigations already underway take their course. It's easy to imagine him looking regretful about the results while saying justice must be done so he won't interfere.

Blogger clk October 31, 2016 8:16 AM  

And Obama will pardon Hillary --- absolutely without a doubt. In fact, he might pardon her if she wins too...

Anonymous Undocumented Civilizationalist October 31, 2016 8:17 AM  

The desperation of the Democrats is what makes me think there is something there that will hurt her. They really started sounding shrill, especially yesterday.

Another Veritas video is supposed to drop, and Wikileaks says it is starting "Phase 3" of its election stuff this week.

If a Trump 'scandal' doesn't drop today, there isn't one. Because now is when they really need it!

P.S. Most accurate poll of 2012 this morning has Hillary dropping down to just a 1 point lead...and that is with a R+5 raw sample being reweighted to a D+7, and Indies being undersampled.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 31, 2016 8:21 AM  

Another way Trump could handle it: he's already promised to clean up corruption in government. He can start that process and let it turn up whomever it may, knowing it will lead to the Clintons (among many others), but that way it doesn't look like personal revenge.

Blogger Shimshon October 31, 2016 8:23 AM  

Re the enormous quantity. It now occurs to me that Huma likely had Admin access. Huma or the pervert, being one of the "big dogs" (or married to one, and certainly with egos to match), either she or the pervert (these people were so careless it's easy to see him spoofing her) could perhaps have set up a method to siphon off ALL email activity for insurance. Not sure how that would go unnoticed (incompetence would be my working hypothesis). The "possibly many dups" story sounds less plausible to me than it being a long term total archive.

Anonymous JAG October 31, 2016 8:25 AM  

Cail Corishev wrote:Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary

In general, I don't think Americans want to see state officials hanged or spending their retirement in jail (except Illinois governors). They prefer to think that stuff happens in banana republics, not in the Greatest Nation Ever. So if she loses and concedes gracefully, and Trump is a magnanimous victor (as you know he will be) and decides not to release the hounds on a defeated old woman, I think most Americans would be okay with that.

But a pardon goes much further, preventing the wheels of justice from turning and others from pursuing justice, though there are limits to how much it covers. Americans would have a problem with that. As the history books have it, Ford's pardon of Nixon soured the people on him from the start, and Nixon's crimes were jaywalking compared to Clinton's.

In short, I think Trump can nobly stay out of it, declining to either order new investigations or issue pardons, and simply let the investigations already underway take their course. It's easy to imagine him looking regretful about the results while saying justice must be done so he won't interfere.


Fuck that. Jail the lot of them. No mercy. Blind justice. Equal treatment before the law. These people must be brought to justice to begin restoring this nation to the proper rule of law. Letting a defeated old evil hag get away with all this would be a travesty. No sale.

Blogger Johnny October 31, 2016 8:27 AM  

Something that has not been brought up, perhaps because it falls under the tin foil under the hat conspiracy theory category, is that Huma Abedin could very easily be a spy. An examination of her life history makes the contention easy to support. Plus it would explain why she has stayed with Weiner. The arrangement is one of mutual convenience.

Blogger Shimshon October 31, 2016 8:27 AM  

@Cail he could pardon her (old age, illness, especially once her true condition is exposed) after letting the bureaucrats make unimpeded choices. Pardoning her prematurely impedes the real goal, which is going after the entire corrupt group of orbiters around her that are equally complicit and guilty.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 31, 2016 8:31 AM  

It would make no sense for the GOPe/NeverTrump to still be holding a Trump scandal in reserve. They would have released it at one of the earlier times he was supposedly on the ropes, preferably before or during the convention, when he could still be replaced with one of their tame Republicans. Releasing something now would destroy any credibility they ever had about trying to save the GOP for conservatism, and make it clear they only cared about winning it for globalism and war all along.

So if something comes out now, it's from the Dems, either something they just produced, or something they rejected earlier because they knew it wouldn't hold up to scrutiny. From what I've heard, it's probably the latter. So if they get desperate enough to throw it out there as a last-ditch effort, it will backfire as they feared it would.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 31, 2016 8:34 AM  

Shimson, yes, if the investigations run their course and turn up nothing new beyond the malfeasance in office that we already know about, and she's basically dying, I could see that. But I think we all know there's a lot more there, and running a private email server will be the least of it. As you say, that's exactly why he shouldn't pardon her (or anyone) until all the facts are out.

Blogger Basil Makedon October 31, 2016 8:36 AM  

@69 Surprises are a great deal more complicated to time with the advent of Early Voting. A great deal of votes in battleground states like Colorado and Florida are already done.

I think Tuesday is the last day for optimal impact. If they don't nuke Trump from orbit on Tuesday, there is nothing. If Wikileaks and Veritas don't nuke Hillary from Orbit on Tues/Wed they have nothing left either.

Blogger Shimshon October 31, 2016 8:39 AM  

@69 Monday would be a good time to release some dirt, because it could be in cycle for days.

At this point, I highly doubt they've got anything. They can only pull one PussyGate out of their hat (unless he starts talking about doing it with little girls, boys, or animals, anything else is a big fat NOTHING). They're running out of time to make an impact, and her woes are increasing moment by moment.

Blogger Cail Corishev October 31, 2016 8:41 AM  

@66, I agree. And President Trump can get all that by simply allowing the current investigations to proceed, and telling the investigatory agencies that he wants them to start doing their jobs for the first time in 8 (24? 28?) years and pursue justice wherever the facts lead. He doesn't have to appoint a special prosecutor or do anything that makes it look like he's picking on a dying old woman. He will be very good about looking regretful and hands-off as he takes questions about the latest indictments, and says it's a huge shame that these crimes have to come to light, but justice must be done and the cops and attorneys are doing a great job, the best job ever.

Blogger Shimshon October 31, 2016 8:42 AM  

A successful seduction post-Melania would be pretty bad. This failure served him well and even makes him more human.

Blogger VD October 31, 2016 8:45 AM  

Something that has not been brought up, perhaps because it falls under the tin foil under the hat conspiracy theory category, is that Huma Abedin could very easily be a spy.

I have always assumed that.

Blogger Chris Eastlund October 31, 2016 8:46 AM  

In general, I don't think Americans want to see state officials hanged or spending their retirement in jail (except Illinois governors).

Way too general here. Hang 'em high. As many of them as you can catch. Pour Encourager Les Autres, as you won't catch them all.

Anonymous Nick October 31, 2016 9:07 AM  

A lot of good it does us if something "disqualifying" is found after the election that Hillary wins. Even if it was damning, the Republicans would actually have to muster the courage to impeach her, which is hard to imagine. Even then we'd still be stuck with Tim Kaine for nearly four years and he may be even worse than her. The best case scenario (despite the media lies about a Hillary landslide) was a weak, mandate-less presidency. The Dems will take a national disgrace impeachment over losing the executive office to Trump. A President Trump is far worse for them. Wonder how many of the 22 million voters who cast votes already want to take it back?

Blogger Robert Divinity October 31, 2016 9:10 AM  

Redemption has precious little to do with it. This is about self-preservation. Comey took a dive in July and unexpectedly the Weiner server emerged and numerous agents, already mad at the director, knew about it. There was no way to keep this bottled up so Comey got out in front. Comey is corrupt and an apple polisher and all about Comey. This actually is the best possible scenario as it will drive him to knock off Clinton lest he face her in the White House. If you are going to try to knock off the king and all....

Anonymous Cantostop October 31, 2016 9:12 AM  

@39
The disconnect is excruciatingly painful... I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. A career criminal as a POTUS nominee, the endless scandals and embarrassments, and still, our MSM and useful idiot compatriots gamble with the future of our country. Because racist, and pussy. I don't know whether to laugh, or cry, or throw my monitor at the fucking wall.

I cannot bear the thought of a Clinton presidency and what is means for the country and the world. I want to believe we'll get the much-needed 8 years to prepare for the secession movement and civil war. But this is painful as hell, each day is torture. The mindless morons who vote for whomever CNN tells them to, fine, I get that. MPAI.

The ones who consciously support her though, knowing all that it is likely to entail, and what's at stake... and the complicit MSM... and traitorous elite, GOPe cucks... the rage I feel for them knows no bounds. Maybe one day I'll get to put it to good use.

Between everything coming together, the videos, the emails, the leaky Weiner and now this, part of me thinks there might be divine intervention in this election. Let's pray.

@67 re Huma being a spy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKt2zaOrxD8&feature=youtu.be

Blogger Robert Coble October 31, 2016 9:13 AM  

Interesting comparison between InfoGalactic and Wikipedia on FBI Director James B. Comey. If you want a demonstration of how SJW converged Wikipedia has become, this is an excellent example.

Wikipedia (excerpt):

Hillary Clinton email investigation

Main article: Hillary Clinton email controversy

On July 5, 2016, Comey announced the FBI’s recommendation that the United States Department of Justice file no criminal charges relating to the Hillary Clinton email controversy.[57] During an unusual 15 minute press conference in the J. Edgar Hoover Building, Comey called Secretary Clinton's and her top aides' behavior "extremely careless", but concluded that "no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case".[57] Comey's public comments came after Attorney General Loretta Lynch announced that she would "fully" accept the recommendation of the FBI regarding the probe. It was the first time the FBI disclosed its prosecutorial recommendation to the Department of Justice publicly.[57] On July 7, 2016, Comey was questioned by a Republican-led House committee during a hearing regarding the FBI's recommendation.[58][59]

On October 28, 2016, less than two weeks before the presidential election, Comey announced in a letter to Congress that additional emails related to the Clinton controversy had been found and that the FBI will investigate "to determine whether they contain classified information as well as to assess their importance to our investigation."[60] Comey's announcement was inconsistent with Justice Department policy and he was warned by lawyers at the Department of Justice against proceeding with his letter to Congress. Both Republican and Democrat lawmakers, as well as both the Clinton and Trump campaigns have called on Comey to provide additional details.[61] At the time Comey sent his letter to Congress, the FBI had still not obtained a warrant to review any of the e-mails in question and was not aware of the content of any of the e-mails in question.[62] In making the announcement Comey acted on his own against the advice given to him by top Justice Department officials who were described as "apoplectic" over the letter.[63] The announcement "subjected the FBI director to withering criticism" because the contents of the emails were unknown to Comey at the time, and it was days from the election.[63]


InfoGalactic:

THIS SECTION IS NOT INCLUDED.

Given today's date (31 OCT 2016), somebody wasted no time in getting the Democrat Narrative into Wikipedia.

Given the fury against Comey by the BiFactional Ruling Party, I can only presume that he is NOT an "honest" politician[1].

[1] "An honest politician is one who, when he is bought, will stay bought." Simon Cameron

Blogger Giovanni Dannato October 31, 2016 9:13 AM  

He has campaigned on "Lock her up" and "drain the swamp" and now will have a huge mandate to do it. Why would he back down from that? The basic magnanimity and goodwill between factions is gone. The order we've had more or less since the 1860s is ended. Ritual humiliation of the opposition will play an important role in consolidating victory and power.

Anonymous Undocumented Civilizationalist October 31, 2016 9:37 AM  

Oh, my goodness. Axiom, a fairly decent poll with regard to their internals and samples has Trump up 4 in Nevada!!!! And only down 1 in Colorado. If he pulls out NV and CO, (along with FL, NC, and OH which he will get), he doesn't even need PA! That would give him the 270.

Even my pessimism is being overcome. Hot damn, the Donald just might actually win this thing...


Blogger Natalie October 31, 2016 9:39 AM  

Y'all already brought up the money Hillary sent to Quatar in another thread. That's the obvious and simple option - she doesn't leave Quatar while Trump investigates anyone remotely close to her, and once he's done she's either dead of parkinsons or afraid to leave.

Anonymous SaltyDonnie October 31, 2016 10:01 AM  

I'm an attorney, and I concur with Vox. Adams is out of his element here. Comey had LUDICROUS amounts of evidence against Spill in July, and all of the procedural irregularities (i.e. no grand jury; no subpoena powers; no searches of homes and confiscations, etc.; interviews not done under oath; destruction of evidence; no investigation into how the confidential material jumped the air gap; etc.) clearly illustrate that the investigation was never serious. Further, Comey pulled a "Roberts" and changed law on a whim to avoid the clear violation of the statutory strict liability offense for gross negligence, detracting us with the seperate "specific intent" section of the same statute that, frankly, she also violated simply by having the server.

But now, apparently what Weiner had on his PC is even WORSE than what they already had in their possession, AND the FBI rank and file and ready to revolt after having their reps ruined. Threatened leaks would look even worse, so Comey had no choice at this point. That last thing he wanted to do was go back to his steaming turd of a decision, reopening that wound and playing around in it, ESPECIALLY 10 days out of an election. He isn't doing it because he's a hero; he's covering his ass, and he's taking it from all sides. All because he simply didn't do his job and follow the law in July like he should have. He politicized it then, and now he's stuck with it.

My personal opinion is that Comey WAS going to recommend charges (to save face/credibility), and AG Lynch was going to refuse to take it to trial. Then Lynch and Der Schlick got caught on the tarmac rigging the game, so Comey had the booger flicked to him. That's why he peppered his July speech with reasons why she's guilty - he was forced to do the dirtiness to save Lynch and Barry from embarrassment or worse.

Anonymous Ironsides October 31, 2016 10:02 AM  

Cail Corishev wrote:In general, I don't think Americans want to see state officials hanged or spending their retirement in jail (except Illinois governors). They prefer to think that stuff happens in banana republics, not in the Greatest Nation Ever. So if she loses and concedes gracefully, and Trump is a magnanimous victor (as you know he will be) and decides not to release the hounds on a defeated old woman, I think most Americans would be okay with that.



Here's one who wouldn't be fine with that.

The leftists have never shown mercy to a defeated enemy. They're still hunting down 100-year-old Germans who might have answered a phone somewhere near Auschwitz, and such.

Hound her to her doom, I say. To hell with excessive chivalry, giving her a pass because she's female -- it's part of how we got here in the first place. And as noted, these people don't show mercy to anyone because they're old. Treat them the same.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Grab 'Em By The Pussy And Their Hearts And Minds Will Follow ) October 31, 2016 10:29 AM  

Even Dilbert Would Know Better said:
And even Comey’s critics concede he’s smart.



the same people who keep telling us that Hillary is "the smartest woman in the world"?

sorry, if your hypotheses is dependent on the opinion of Demoncrats evaluating someone's "intelligence", you've already got a fatal flaw in the heuristic.

much more likely that Comey is a midwit jumped up to his Peter Principle Point and now experiencing the derision of his more highly qualified ( and intelligent ) subordinates who are disgusted by his venal and incompetent decision making.



50. Giovanni Dannato October 31, 2016 8:02 AM
I got the impression that as usual Adams is playing around. I interpret this as an open letter to Hillary supporters giving them an interpretation they'll find palatable enough to re-evaluate their assumptions and overcome their cognitive dissonance so that once they get out of their rut,



agreed.

one would think that a Master Persuader would spend a bit less time crowing about how easy everyone else is to manipulate ... but the Left Hand of the Bell really is too dumb to notice that he's rubbing their faces in it.



53. dienw October 31, 2016 8:07 AM
(including FOX) have been working on a new smear against Trump



Fox ran a bullshit climate scare story last night about how Miami is now in constant danger of flooding due the AGW / ocean rising and how Trump is ( foolishly ) refusing to address the US being at fault ( even though China emits more greenhouse gases ) for Antarctica melting.

IF Fox is 'Right Wing'
THEN what need have we of Communists?

Anonymous SaltyDonnie October 31, 2016 10:31 AM  

49. dienw

THIS I believe.

Blogger Sheila4g October 31, 2016 10:41 AM  

@79 Cantostop: This. Every word x 2.

Blogger JWM in SD October 31, 2016 10:44 AM  

I agree with Salty Donnie although that should be apparent from my other posts on the previous thread. Adams is painting a palatable narrative but it's not reality. Let me remind posters that Comey has been a Clinton hack since the 90's. She would not have been a Senator or Sec State if it had not been for Comey. The problem now is that all of this bullshit with the private server, Clinton crime foundation, and DickPics is that it is all simply a bridge too far.

Anonymous BGKB October 31, 2016 10:48 AM  

There comes a point at which I stop believing anyone can be so stupid.

Just wait till you get to the point of realizing non Asian minorities that stupid can't be fired.

Either way, I hope Hillary hits the mat like a prize fighter on the take.

Well I guess that's what you would call it if the girls are too young to have a carpet.

that Hillary as I understand it can't be pardoned by Obama if she wasn't prosecuted, and

Clinton pardoned (((Marc Rich))) for financial crimes before he was prosecuted.

Is there any chance of President Trump pardoning Hillary

I could see him asking the question at rallies "Should I pardon Crooked Eye Clinton?"

In general, I don't think Americans want to see state officials hanged or spending their retirement in jail

That's why there will be a late night live game show for it.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Grab 'Em By The Pussy And Their Hearts And Minds Will Follow ) October 31, 2016 10:54 AM  

90. BGKB October 31, 2016 10:48 AM
Clinton pardoned (((Marc Rich))) for financial crimes before he was prosecuted.



Nixon was *never* convicted of anything but Ford pardoned him anyways.

Blogger Giovanni Dannato October 31, 2016 11:02 AM  

How I immediately knew it was different this time: She got blindsided. Every time before had plenty of advance notice like she was a dance partner. This time she got Justine Saccoed while she was up in the air.

Blogger JWM in SD October 31, 2016 11:02 AM  

Lame Cherry for the win. Guess I'm not the only one who goes there.

Anonymous Deplorable S E Delenda October 31, 2016 11:04 AM  

Comey is a bureaucrat; bureaucrats work to maximize their political capital. Let's not impute heroism to man making self-serving rational calculations. He miscalculated two things. First, that the general public would be raised to righteous anger by the idea of a Presidential candidate who was "extremely careless"; instead it merely deepened the mistrust of those already opposed to her; and her supporters treated the absence of criminal charges as complete exoneration and vindication. His second miscalculation was that the rest of the FBI wouldn't see the damage he caused to their reputation.

Whatever they found this time has to have all the indications of being so outrageous and outlandish that if it came up after the election, he would be accused of being involved in a coverup. Note however, he erred again. He attempted to give disclosure without action, and now the Democrats are calling for his head.

@84,

SaltyDonnie Forget John Roberts, Comey's model is Pontius Pilate, who thought scourging an Innocent would pacify the crowd who sought His crucifixion; the difference in this case is the crowd wants the release of a somebody who is almost certainly guilty-if not of a crime-of manifest incompetence.

@85

Ironsides, I'm with you. There should no comfort, no safety now or in history for this woman. Political defeat is not enough; reputational annihilation should be the goal. Nixon is dead, and they never miss a chance to cite him as the ne plus ultra of political corruption. Ceterum autem censeo Hillary esse delendam.

Of course you can be sure that if Trump wins, Michelle Obama will be running for the Senate in the first deep blue state that a Democrat seat vacated by death or retirement, unless they decide to play identity politics with a Latino, a Muslim or a homosexual. Maybe being a mannish black woman won't be novel enough for them.

This has to be about more than Hillary; she is merely the emblem of the endemic corruption and infinite ambition of the left and its corporate incarnation-the Democrat party.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan October 31, 2016 11:10 AM  

While conservatives hope against hope that they can finally shame the left it won't happen. A TruProg cannot be shamed and a minion D voter can only be mentally broken

Blogger Basil Makedon October 31, 2016 11:15 AM  

@84 I am also an attorney. I completely agree with you. My expertise is not in criminal law, but the investigation of Clinton was a kabuki dance. It appears that there are some patriots still in the FBI that weren't going to put up with it and when they got their chance to strike, they took it.

It looks to me that Comey was about to loose complete control over there and had to reverse course publicly or else he was going to be burned.

If the FBI and DOJ gives non-prosecution letters to conspirators to obstruct justice as part of another level of obstruction of justice, and orders evidence to be destroyed do those letters stand or are they all void as ultra vires acts in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan October 31, 2016 11:32 AM  

Wild card is the Preet fella up in NYC. Do I assign pure virtue to him? No I assume he is another ethnic hustler clearing out the "Eyes Wide Shut" deadwood to be slowly replaced by his caste.

And isn't it a coincidence that the Donald plays off a little bit of Indian politics (dot not feather)?

But it is Monday morning and I am still waiting for Epstein Island scandal to reach the usual scandal sheets, so maybe it is a nothing burger.

Blogger slarrow October 31, 2016 11:36 AM  

Couple of things here. First, Comey-as-hero was Adams' take on the actions at the time, so he's not retrofitting anything. If anything, he's falling prey to the principle of consistency. It was a bold, counter intuitive play then, and he's sticking by it.

Second, lots of folks here are saying how they think Comey is no hero. That's fine, but that's missing Adam's point. His point is that everyone is the hero of his own story. The movie Adams plays is the one he deems most likely to be running in Comey's own head, not the one running in the heads of all the observers.

Now, why is that important? Because the more people identify with that movie, the most damning they suspect Hillary's emails to be. Remember that Adams endorsed Trump last week and kept hinting "something changed." Recall that his gambit is aimed at soft Hillary supporters and independents and not the Ilk. The closer this movie maps to the one that those folks have running in their own heads (where they're always the hero themselves), the more effective this play is.

Now, is it closer to accurate than Vox's take is? I don't know. Is the Redemption arc stronger? Yeah, I think so, but it takes fuller explanation and time to play out, so I suspect the Machivellian Hero will be more effective in the short term. Mike Cernovich talks about wanting things that will "move the needle". I think that's Adams' goal here too.

Blogger JWM in SD October 31, 2016 11:46 AM  

"If the FBI and DOJ gives non-prosecution letters to conspirators to obstruct justice as part of another level of obstruction of justice, and orders evidence to be destroyed do those letters stand or are they all void as ultra vires acts in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy?"

Now that is very interesting.

Anonymous SaltyDonnie October 31, 2016 11:55 AM  

98 slarrow

But Comey isn't the hero of his story or anyone else's - he's covering his ass on a YUGE political/criminal scandal. He's just trying to keep his head above water an indoor pool that keeps filling up, but now the oxygen is being sucked out of the same room. Flack from the right and now the left. He's royally screwed BECAUSE he didn't truly investigate, collect evidence, point to black letter law, and do his job the first time around.

And misery loves company, so he's rightfully reopening the investigation and trying to push some shit back upHill. But it's not moral to do the Right Thing when your back is to the wall.

Anonymous SaltyDonnie October 31, 2016 11:57 AM  

96. Basil Makedon
"If the FBI and DOJ gives non-prosecution letters to conspirators to obstruct justice as part of another level of obstruction of justice, and orders evidence to be destroyed do those letters stand or are they all void as ultra vires acts in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy?"

That's a good question. I think it is evidence of a cover up. But who watches the watchmen? See Trump and a new, incoming administration (God willing).

Anonymous SaltyDonnie October 31, 2016 12:02 PM  

94. Deplorable S E Delenda

I agree with your Pilate take, but I used Roberts as an example because his Obamacare decision was such a bullshit asspull of a rationale that it reeked of trying to save/fix the law, rather than doing what was legally, constitutionally required - shooting it down and sending it back to Congress to fix. It was a result in search of a rationale, and he twisted precedent to make it happen (see Scalia calling it SCOTUSCare).

Same with Comey - adding an "intent" requirement to a strict liability offense, which, when examined, completely undermines the strict liability offense. He did it to make sure he avoided bringing charges - a result in search of a rationale that was equally absurd on its face.

Blogger slarrow October 31, 2016 12:06 PM  

SaltyDonnie, to quote Adams again, facts don't matter here. He might very well be the weasel many here say he is. He might not, objectively speaking, be any kind of hero (although Adams himself would deny there's any such thing as "objective"--one his his quirks.) But in terms of persuading fence sitters to switch sides or stay home, hammering the character of Comey is far less effective than telling a story where this noble public servant (ack, I know, but remember the audience!) is so overwhelmed by the evidence that he has to stick his neck out.

There's a tension here between being right and being effective. "Conservatives" have fallen into that trap for a long time. (I don't much like it myself; I studied philosophy in college because I care about that stuff. But darned if Adams' worldview doesn't have a lot of explanatory power.)

Blogger bob kek mando ( Grab 'Em By The Pussy And Their Hearts And Minds Will Follow ) October 31, 2016 12:35 PM  

103. slarrow October 31, 2016 12:06 PM
He might very well be the weasel many here say he is.



he constructed extralegal syllogisms in order to refuse to do his job.

this makes Comey, personally, an accessory after the fact to every one of Hillary's numerous NatSec felonies.

it also violates his oath of office, which alone would be justification for impeachment.



103. slarrow October 31, 2016 12:06 PM
But in terms of persuading fence sitters to switch sides or stay home



which is what you get when you extend the franchise to the wholly and obviously unfit via the anti-American principle of Universal Democracy.

Blogger Stephen St. Onge October 31, 2016 1:02 PM  

        I think Scott Adams is half right: Comey is the same man he's always been.

        My read is that he buckled under political pressure the first time, just didn't have the spine to recommend prosecution of Clinton, or to resign if she wasn't indicted.  He should have resigned when the Obama administration sabotaged the election.  Instead he went along, but gave that 'explanation' of "extreme carelessness."  And in doing so, he dishonored himself.

        Now, he's buckling again.  On Friday, I tweeted that he had no choice about whether the news was coming out.  If he didn't act, it would have leaked.  And he'd be the guy who tried to cover up for Crooked Hillary.  So he notified Congress to cover himself.

        We'll see what occurs.  I won't be surprised to see him stick it out this time, because the alternatives for him are worse.  Sometimes, a desperate weak character acts the way a strong character would anyway.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Grab 'Em By The Pussy And Their Hearts And Minds Will Follow ) October 31, 2016 1:14 PM  

105. Stephen St. Onge October 31, 2016 1:02 PM
Sometimes, a desperate weak character acts the way a strong character would anyway.



the moment to present himself as 'strong' ( whether true or not ) is long, long past.

had he been 'strong', he'd have followed the law and referred charges to the AG well in advance of the Demoncrat primary.

thus, all consequences for refusing to enforce the Law would have fallen on the Justice Dept / Lynch / Obama.

now, because of his previous cowardice and venality, there is no part of the stick left for him to grab which is not covered in shit.

Blogger Thucydides October 31, 2016 1:42 PM  

Come is both covering his ass over his failure to do the job the first time around (does not matter if he was being forced/blackmailed or was a willing participant) and ensuring he has enough political capital to save himself after the results of the election are in.

If Clinton steals the election, he has a nuclear weapon connected to the dead man's switch to protect himself and the agency; if Trump is elected he can hand over the evidence and gracefully "retire" without facing a few dozen years in prison himself.

While I don't enjoy the idea of President Trump giving Clinton a Presidential Pardon, it may be a politically expedient move so he can carry out his agenda. Prosecuting Clinton will raise a(n artificial) shitstorm on the Left, with media, bureaucrats, academia, the entertainment industry and social media screaming 24/7 about this being "revenge", unfair because she is a weak old lady etc. Trying to be heard over that noise is hard enough now, when it is raised to category 5 it may become impossible.

The best compromise might be to allow investigations to run their course, let the DOJ recommend prosecution and only then issue a pardon (and only a limited one at that), while allowing prosecutions to run freely for the rest of the Democrats, their Bureaucratic stooges, the enablers who actually took classified emails from classified servers and put them on the Clinton server, media hacks etc. Let her sit on her throne at the Clinton Library while watching everything she spent her life to create burns around her. Quite possibly a far better fate than 20-life breaking rocks at a maximum security prison or being on 24hr lockdown at a supermax.

Anonymous Avalanche October 31, 2016 3:33 PM  

@58 "According to the NYPD the file folder on Weiner's laptop where they found all the emails was called: LIFE INSURANCE
I wonder what that meant?"

*I* wonder who he TOLD he had life insurance!

Blogger DEPLORABLILITY October 31, 2016 3:48 PM  

Comey was the prosecutor for the whitewater ordeal. he swept that under the rug. What makes any of us think he's any different today. IMO just a smoke screen.

Anonymous FAILBOAT October 31, 2016 3:53 PM  

Or you know, once a hint of 'clinton emails' hit his desk he put it out because he didn't want some low level jagoff to leak it like what happened with petraeus.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd October 31, 2016 4:13 PM  

Deplorable S E Delenda wrote:Of course you can be sure that if Trump wins, Michelle Obama will be running for the Senate in the first deep blue state that a Democrat seat vacated by death or retirement ...

Expect Mooch to come out as a tranny, dump 0bammy, and run for some Senate seat. The wookie might have enough animal cunning to make it work better that Hillary has.

The only thing in doubt is whether Mooch will be a man transitioning to ``woman,'' or vice-versa. Either way, she dumps the queer halfrican stoner.

Blogger tublecane October 31, 2016 4:16 PM  

@19-There already has proven to have been something to it. In Britain, at least, with the Jimmy Savile scandal. Also, among particular celebrities, like Michael Jackson (allegedly).

Blogger tublecane October 31, 2016 4:29 PM  

@20-"He all but said Hillary should be prosecuted except we just can't"

He did and he didn't. What he actually said was that no prosecutor in their right mind would bring the case, and that if it were anybody but Clinton they'd have been in big trouble. Which could have meant she's guilty or not. He left me with a feeling rather of "if she's guilty it's of a technicality that no one bothers with" than "she's guilty but my hands are tied."

If it really has been as you say, the obvious option would be for him to kick the can down the road to the Justice Dept. Who is the "we" in "we just can't," anyway? Since when do FBI directors make such decisions themselves or speak for the administration?

Cagey Comey's strategy should have been either to announce nothing and let the Attorney General assume the responsibility, or actually come out and recommend prosecution. The mealy-mouthed press conference he gave accomplished NOTHING toward establishing her guilt.

All the headlines were along the lines of "Hillary Cleared of All Charges" for a reason. Except on the right, where some took comfort in Comey's coming as close to saying she's guilty as possible without actually saying it. But of what use was that, except to make Comey himself look better to them? At best it made them more comfortable with the idea of Clinton not being prosecuted,which was a bad thing.

Blogger tublecane October 31, 2016 4:34 PM  

@32-What are you talking about, the last agency. May be you weren't around for the 70s break-in and revelation of COINTELPRO. I grew up with J. Edgar Hoover as a punchline. Then there was WACO.

Who in their right mind still respects the FBI?

Blogger tublecane October 31, 2016 5:03 PM  

@79-The world looks a lot saner from through the lense of Who/Whom? They fear Trump not because of racism/pussy-grabbing, but because he's not on their side. Hillary they support merely because she's on their side. Politics is gang warfare. Choose a side!

Blogger bosscauser October 31, 2016 10:17 PM  

Monica had her little blue dress. Huma had her little Weiner....
Both will live long lives!

Let's go #Trump and hurry!

Blogger technovelist November 01, 2016 3:57 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger technovelist November 01, 2016 3:58 AM  

"IOW... if I were Comey, and wanted to put an end to the reign of terror of the Clinton's once and for all, I would have done exactly as Comey did, in July, and on Fri."

Yes, exactly.

When I heard the original press conference, my reaction was, like most people's, "He just proved that she is a criminal and then said that he wasn't going to recommend prosecution? Did I understand that correctly?"

My next reaction was "That is the absolute best he could ever do, because the fix is in, so any recommendation for prosecution would be ignored and the whole thing would blow over."

Then this Friday I realized that he had planned this the whole time but couldn't tell anyone, even his wife, because that was the only way to be sure he wouldn't be stopped in time.

He deserves the medal of honor, or whatever the highest medal a civilian can get may be.

Blogger technovelist November 01, 2016 4:04 AM  

"According to the NYPD the file folder on Weiner's laptop where they found all the emails was called: LIFE INSURANCE

I wonder what that meant?"

You really have to ask? Remember which crime family we're talking about here...

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts