ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

All your rhetoric are belong to us

A GamerGate tactic goes mainstream and the mainstream media backs down fast.
When Jim DeMint wanted to dis a TV interviewer’s suggestion that Obamacare has merits as well as flaws, the former senator and tea partyer used a handy putdown: “You can put all that under the category of fake news.”

When conspiracy theorist Alex Jones wanted to deny a CNN report that Ivanka Trump would take over the East Wing offices traditionally occupied by the first lady, he used the same label.

And when a writer for an arch-conservative website needed a putdown for ABC’s chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl, he reached for the obvious: “fake-news propagandist.”

Fake news has a real meaning — deliberately constructed lies, in the form of news articles, meant to mislead the public. For example: The one falsely claiming that Pope Francis had endorsed Donald Trump, or the one alleging without basis that Hillary Clinton would be indicted just before the election.

But though the term hasn’t been around long, its meaning already is lost. Faster than you could say “Pizzagate,” the label has been co-opted to mean any number of completely different things: Liberal claptrap. Or opinion from left-of-center. Or simply anything in the realm of news that the observer doesn’t like to hear.

“The speed with which the term became polarized and in fact a rhetorical weapon illustrates how efficient the conservative media machine has become,” said George Washington University professor Nikki Usher.

As Jeremy Peters wrote in the New York Times: “Conservative cable and radio personalities, top Republicans and even Mr. Trump himself . . . have appropriated the term and turned it against any news they see as hostile to their agenda.”

So, here’s a modest proposal for the truth-based community.

Let’s get out the hook and pull that baby off stage. Yes: Simply stop using it.
The Alt-Right and conservatives managed to jujitsu the rhetorical term "fake news" so easily because the best rhetoric is rooted in truth. And because it is readily observable that no one reports more false information than the mainstream media, there were far more examples that could be reasonably described as "fake news" to be found in the mainstream media than were being spread around social media by the Right. Ergo, it stuck to them rather than to their targets, and blew up in their faces.

That doesn't mean the tactic will work every time, only when the truth is more in line with the Right's use of the rhetorical term than the Left's. Of course, that will be most of the time, as the shameless dishonesty in this piece demonstrates:

"the label has been co-opted to mean any number of completely different things: Liberal claptrap. Or opinion from left-of-center. Or simply anything in the realm of news that the observer doesn’t like to hear."

No, it hasn't, as it was instead applied to mean false information presented as accurate news by the mainstream media. Notice that Left can't afford to be completely honest even when they are affecting to do so, which is why they will always be vulnerable to rhetorical jujitsu of this sort. And on a tangential note, observe that this is why larping and "mocking" the media by playing along with its narrative is always a mistake, as doing so strengthens their rhetoric and eliminates the possibility of turning it around on them.

If you don't understand the tactic's connection to #GamerGate, it is an application of the frequently used GG tactic of taking over enemy hashtags, also known as "all ur hashtag are belong to us". I even described this specific tactic in modest detail in SJWs Always Lie.


Labels: ,

81 Comments:

Anonymous Icicle January 10, 2017 4:54 AM  

You tired of winning yet?

It makes you think about how pathetic the Republican "opposition" was all those years.

Were they just that lazy? Dumb? Bought off? Blackmailed? A combination? I wonder...

Blogger wreckage January 10, 2017 5:23 AM  

What should we call a conservative who can't get it up, legislatively or rhetorically speaking, but gets off on watching conservative values, institutions, and voters getting buggered senseless by the left? Golly, if only a rhetorically devastating yet perfectly simple word existed for this....

Blogger Cinco January 10, 2017 5:40 AM  

Were they just that lazy? Dumb? Bought off? Blackmailed? A combination? I wonder...

I would say they clung to the reasoning that if youwrestle with pigs you are going to get some mud on you. The reality is that it's the only way to get the bacon!

Anonymous Rocklea January 10, 2017 5:48 AM  

That's rich. An article from The Washington (com)Post, wanting to retire the term "fake news". They have comments open on this article and none seem to to flattering. I hope this still means rule 2.

Blogger James Dixon January 10, 2017 5:55 AM  

Given the readily demonstrated lies the mainstream media has peddled over the years, you have to ask yourself just how deluded they must be not to realize how readily it would be turned on them.

Blogger Al From Bay Shore January 10, 2017 6:00 AM  

@5 The mainstream media resides in a Leftist echo-chamber and they don't know it. Many of them have lived in this echo-chamber since grade school. There is a line from a song by Funkadelic (I think). It's "Fish don't know he's wet."

Blogger Lovekraft January 10, 2017 6:03 AM  

These charges are also intended to drive a wedge between Trump and his people. When one gives validity to an attack on him, it is intended to make us choose.

But 'fake news' and other alt-right tactics are designed to send the attacker scurrying for new targets. We aren't so quick to fall for the virtue signaling appeal.

In fact, we press back, requiring facts, establishment of issue parameters, integrity of claimant etc.

Blogger VD January 10, 2017 6:07 AM  

Given the readily demonstrated lies the mainstream media has peddled over the years, you have to ask yourself just how deluded they must be not to realize how readily it would be turned on them.

Especially since they were warned it would happen by one of their more astute members very early on.

Blogger Dirtnapninja January 10, 2017 6:18 AM  

The Enemy is not used to being on the receiving end of subversion and appropriation tactics and it shows.

As every good insurgent knows...you must take the weapons of the enemy and use those weapons against them.

OpenID basementhomebrewer January 10, 2017 6:36 AM  

They are so used to controlling the narrative that they couldn't see how this would backfire on them. The dirty open secret is that their Meme's all come from an old school source (Soros funded and ran organizations). All media gets meme's from this source and dutifully deny that fact even though they are all start using the same terms that materialize out of nowhere. Due to this fact they are not agile enough to react to the opposition when meeting them in the field.

When fake news is turned against them they stop and say, "well...... nuh-uh.... we work for legitimate news organizations". They have to then wait for Soros to come up with a counter argument and distribute it through his network. They will always be outside our OODA loop due their structure and inability to think for themselves.

Anonymous jakob January 10, 2017 6:44 AM  

"Fake news", just as "conspiracy theory" before it, is apparently something that they think only liberals have a right to use. Post something like this on some political reddit sub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUoOU3xvqU8
and you will receive buncha downvotes and comments explaining how that doesn't classify as "fake news" because reasons.

Blogger Stilicho January 10, 2017 7:16 AM  

Personally, I expect the Russians hacked the term "fake news" away from the leftists. Congress must investigate and unnamed CIA sources must spread unverified innuendo to combat the Ruskie threat!

Blogger Earl January 10, 2017 7:35 AM  

As a hunter, yes it's true. You have to wrestle with the pig for that bacon. Especially the anus and urethra. Ew. And then, you don't really get much bacon from a feral hog. So let's move on shall we

Anonymous CC January 10, 2017 7:37 AM  

They will always be outside our OODA loop due their structure and inability to think for themselves.

Yeah, and this inflexibility to respond hurts them, which comes on top of a sloppiness which they gained from running practically unopposed in their manipulation of perceptions for decades now. Not to mention their distance from the truth which is greater than it's ever been.

This fake news crap was very poorly thought out, it's like they were firefighting and starting accidentally pouring gasoline instead of water. But it seems they're learning by shifting tack quickly. We'll see if the next smear is any better (it couldn't be much worse).

The 4th Generation Warfare analogy holds up well: as was pointed out in many places the meme war reminds me so much of the VC tactics I learned reading about the Vietnam War with the US military response being misguided and cumbersome. Let's hope the the current enemy remains similarly confounded, although I can see them napalming the internet in due course.

Blogger Salt January 10, 2017 7:48 AM  

Fake News. Yes, the media establishment does like to talk about itself.

OpenID paworldandtimes January 10, 2017 7:59 AM  

Unstoppable rhetoric: GBFM valorizing the Western canon and the sanctity of virgin marriage thru "lollzzlling" and "lotsas cockas."

PA

Blogger Dirk Manly January 10, 2017 8:01 AM  

Interesting that the propagandist tied the origin of the term fake news directly and ONLY to pizzagate.

Blogger ZhukovG January 10, 2017 8:07 AM  

Their only hope is to become honest; they are doomed.

But yes, MSM 'news' and Nazi Larping are both the equivalent of handing your enemy the ammunition with which he will shoot you.

Anonymous jonny January 10, 2017 8:07 AM  

Thing is, it must be admitted that they have a very specific definition of what classifies as fake news, whereas right wing is using that term for pretty much anything...

Blogger VD January 10, 2017 8:13 AM  

Thing is, it must be admitted that they have a very specific definition of what classifies as fake news, whereas right wing is using that term for pretty much anything.

No, not at all, because the definition provided in the article is not how the term was generally used by the mainstream media. You're falling for their bait-and-switch game.

Blogger ZhukovG January 10, 2017 8:14 AM  

@Jonny, we need admit nothing. If the MSM puts out a story it, by default, should be considered a lie and attacked as such. Show them no mercy, for you will be shown none.

Blogger Mighty Lou January 10, 2017 8:15 AM  

Here's something that might be helpful,

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2017/01/05/ten-basic-forms-of-fake-news-used-by-major-media/

Anonymous sapopular January 10, 2017 8:46 AM  

"Let’s get out the hook and pull that baby off stage. Yes: Simply stop using it."

translation: "Please, stop using effective language against us!"

Answer: NO.

OpenID elijahrhodes January 10, 2017 8:58 AM  

The term "hate crime" should be similarly co-opted:

"In the two months since election day, the paper [Washington Post] has published 196 news stories, analyses, and editorials mentioning Trump and hate crimes, an average of 3.2 pieces a day, according to Lexis Nexis archives."

http://freebeacon.com/culture/hate-time-trump/

Blogger Deplorable Gaiseric January 10, 2017 9:02 AM  

jonny wrote:Thing is, it must be admitted that they have a very specific definition of what classifies as fake news, whereas right wing is using that term for pretty much anything...
No such thing must be admitted. Their definition of fake news is any news that weakens their control of The Narrative™. The Right's definition of fake news is any news that is in fact actually fake—dishonest, misleading, or wrong.

Given that it's the Left's narrative that is constantly shifting, you've got that exactly backward; the Right has a very specific and easily identifiable definition, while the Left uses the term—like they use all language—to mean whatever they want it to in the moment.

Blogger Deplorable Gaiseric January 10, 2017 9:08 AM  

CC wrote:The 4th Generation Warfare analogy holds up well: as was pointed out in many places the meme war reminds me so much of the VC tactics I learned reading about the Vietnam War with the US military response being misguided and cumbersome. Let's hope the the current enemy remains similarly confounded, although I can see them napalming the internet in due course.
And the likely result of that move will be the complete loss of the war at the moral level. 4GW is indeed the best analogy, because a force can win every battle—and napalming the internet would be a massive battlefield win, certainly—and yet completely and utterly lose the war.

Blogger Jimmy The Freak January 10, 2017 9:08 AM  

They will always be outside our OODA loop due their structure and inability to think for themselves.

Just remember, statements like these are how you end up in the same position as the left is now. They will "always" be until they aren't.

Anonymous Mr Hyde January 10, 2017 9:13 AM  

paworldandtimes wrote:Unstoppable rhetoric: GBFM valorizing the Western canon and the sanctity of virgin marriage thru "lollzzlling" and "lotsas cockas."

PA


"The women have been Bernankified"

Anonymous BBGKB January 10, 2017 9:20 AM  

Were they just that lazy? Dumb? Bought off? Blackmailed? A combination? I wonder

We will find out when Julian Assange delivers the pizza thru the gate for the inauguration party.

We aren't so quick to fall for the virtue signaling appeal.

CMDR Salamander is using the term "Compassion Pimps" for virtue signalers. Makes a nice companion to poverty pimps.

Personally, I expect the Russians hacked the term "fake news" away from the leftists

Its bad enough that orthodox Russians are under the bed, but THINKPROGGRESS editors are afraid to take showers because of TRUMPnazi plumbers.
http://freebeacon.com/politics/thinkprogress-senior-editor-is-scared-of-his-plumber/

They will always be outside our OODA loop due their structure and inability to think for themselves

They require signing off by Soros cheerleaders, and journalist must send their stories to the DNC for approval so the fake news is newsier.

Blogger Lobo Util January 10, 2017 9:23 AM  

"Dog whistle" needs to be obliterated, coopted, and flung in liberal faces.

How about: "Check your privilege" is a dog whistle for shut up whitey.

Any other suggestions?

Blogger Cerdic Ricing January 10, 2017 9:24 AM  

This was such an easy one to do as well, however, never get in the way of your enemies as they make a mistake. They even did this mistake bad enough that they didn't listen to their own warning them about it. This one was so bad that, with Trump, etc. now using it, the general, common man is running around calling the MSM "fake news" at this point. It's pretty funny to see in real life.

I've had many laughs making jokes to friends, family, etc. about them being the "fake news."

They can try to stop using it, but I don't think they understand that the meme is not theirs anymore. If the MSM stops using it, people will continue to use it, because all their meme are belong to us.

Blogger William Hudson January 10, 2017 9:41 AM  

@29 BBGKB, (your link) What a whiny little oven-dodger! 'Fraid uv 'is OWN plumber. If he wants a "plumber" to fear, ol' G. Gordon Liddy could give him some lessons in terror. I merely pontificate....

Blogger Mr.MantraMan January 10, 2017 9:42 AM  

#29 Reading a post over at occidental dissent this morning I find out even that Yglesias twink is peddling the Putin funds the white nat rumor. No wonder that jew was crapping his pants and not in the toilet.

Anonymous BBGKB January 10, 2017 9:50 AM  

Fake news claims there is a lack of jobs

Obama and Clinton Loyalists Grapple with … Trump Recession (*)

“Trump’s unexpected win has Democrats coping with a vastly smaller job market for their skills.

“It feels like there are just thousands of us trying to find a job, and there are no jobs,” said Mira Patel, a longtime Hillary Clinton aide...

"She added, “I have friends who even on LinkedIn have removed any Democratic Party alignment because they’re afraid if employers see too much Hillary stuff they’re not going to get a job"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-clinton-loyalists-jobs-233296

even that Yglesias twink is peddling the Putin funds the white nat rumor

Yglesias ain't no twink, looks like he lost a childhood fight with a pipe wielding plumber.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan January 10, 2017 9:51 AM  

"Twink" and all encompassing term for weak dweeb, could have called him a Scalzi but few would understand the meaning.

Anonymous Donald Trump January 10, 2017 9:57 AM  

“It feels like there are just thousands of us trying to find a job, and there are no jobs,” said Mira Patel, a longtime Hillary Clinton aide...

You're fired!

Blogger Cail Corishev January 10, 2017 10:02 AM  

truth-based community

So that's what they're calling themselves now? Good grief, their rhetoric is getting as awkward as the right's used to be.

Anonymous genericviews January 10, 2017 10:12 AM  

The latest in fake news is describing protesters for the inauguration as "anarchists". Right. Anarchists that can organize a transcontinental migration to Washington DC, going through TSA, getting funding, budgets, recruiting and training and organizing on the ground, complete with life support while they are there, because anarchists really, really care about who won the last election in Washington DC. It is the democratic party sock puppets like BLM and Occupy Wall Street that will be doing this. Don't count on DC police to notice the links or do anything about them.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor January 10, 2017 10:13 AM  

@5 Given the readily demonstrated lies the mainstream media has peddled over the years, you have to ask yourself just how deluded they must be not to realize how readily it would be turned on them.

Perhaps more desperate than deluded. The mainstream media went all out to sell the story that Trump would lose the election, trying to turn perception into reality, and it wasn't enough. They see their influence waning and they're terrified - most people just don't trust them anymore because they know the mainstream media habitually lies.

Rededicating themselves to being rigorously truthful isn't an option, since the truth doesn't fit their agenda.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor January 10, 2017 10:18 AM  

@38 I'm hopeful that Trump's presidency is going to be genuinely different. Coordinating violent protesters for profit is classic organized crime and investigating it should be a top FBI priority.

Blogger Cail Corishev January 10, 2017 10:25 AM  

Thing is, it must be admitted that they have a very specific definition of what classifies as fake news

We don't have to admit anything to a gang of proven liars, but you're wrong anyway. Only now are they trying to restrict the definition to obvious fake articles like Francis endorsing Trump (he'd sooner cut out his own tongue). Before we turned it against them, they were using it to discredit all news detrimental to the Clinton campaign, from reports (with video) of her bad health episodes to Soros's involvement with voting machines. Everything that didn't come from a verified Old Media source was supposed to be suspect.

But especially Pizzagate. That's what really brought on the "fake news" onslaught. Which was stupid, because it was (and is) an ongoing investigation, so there was no way they (or anyone) could know it was fake yet.

Heck, it wasn't even "news" for the most part; it was strange facts people turned up and passed around on social media and blogs. "Some of these emails don't make sense, like they're code for something. Can anyone figure out what?" "Whoa, look at these police sketches; don't they look an awful lot like two prominent D.C. brothers?" "Whoa, check out the sick 'art' these people have in their houses [from MSM articles], and what was on the walls in this pizza place." "Does anyone know what 'Spirit Cooking' is?"

And so on. A bunch of people asking questions isn't "news" (though, come to think of it, it might be real journalism). The Old Media actually elevated it to the status of "news" so they could attack it as fake. All that did was show how much they fear it. Like I said, stupid.

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Hair January 10, 2017 10:26 AM  

"You tired of winning yet?

It makes you think about how pathetic the Republican "opposition" was all those years."

@1. Not tired of winning and Republican opposition was horrid. Also Sessions is undergoing confirmation hearings.

OpenID bc64a9f8-765e-11e3-8683-000bcdcb2996 January 10, 2017 10:30 AM  

Hoist by their own petard.
"Um, OK, THAT didn't go so good...
We DEMAND a "new civility" AGAIN!!!!!, (just let us synchronize our stopwatches first)

OpenID bc64a9f8-765e-11e3-8683-000bcdcb2996 January 10, 2017 10:31 AM  

Crap, CaptDMO above

Blogger Robert Divinity January 10, 2017 10:35 AM  

The predictable and unavoidable application of "fake news" to its proper source has been awesome to experience. I used "source" rather than "mainstream" media because there isn't anything mainstream at all now about the Fake News Networks and Fake Newspapers. Their business models no longer work and their products are outside the bounds of normality. Appropriately enough, "Mainstream Media" itself was a label the forerunners to the Alt-Right attached to Fake News, and while it was resisted they eventually adopted and used it. Time to take that label back as it confers legitimacy on propaganda organs.

Blogger kennymac January 10, 2017 10:59 AM  

Lobo, how about this:

"Check your privilege"
"Go fuck yourself"

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros January 10, 2017 11:00 AM  

@41
The thing is, "I'm not saying it's true, I'm just asking questions" and "A lot of people are suggesting that..." are ways people can spread untruth, either deliberately or by accident.

And the MSM does this all the time.

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros January 10, 2017 11:01 AM  

@45
"Yup, still got it! *grin and a thumbs-up*"

Anonymous Bob Just January 10, 2017 11:21 AM  

@Vox and others:

A year or so ago, Drudge on the Alex Jones show said the MSM was going to try the "Fake News" strategy.

Vox along with many others said this is what they are going to do and this is how can we stop/co-opt it. Yet, the MSM persisted. Why? hubris?

It has been interesting to watch:
MSM - centralized narrative
Alt-media - counter-narrative (perhaps multiple)
MSM - Alt-media is racist
Alt-media - potentiation of effective counter-narratives (Memes)

What the media doesn't realize is that lies only have power when they aren't recognized as lies.

If Vox or Cernovich makes an honest mistake (of the top of my head, Vox made a mistake on overlooking the importance of fungi to carbon sequestration) and it was a honest (not having all-the-facts) - that is fundamentally different than deception. Once people are aware of the deception, then everything out of the deceiver's mouth is suspect.


Blogger VD January 10, 2017 11:24 AM  

Vox along with many others said this is what they are going to do and this is how can we stop/co-opt it. Yet, the MSM persisted. Why? hubris?

Yes. They cannot BELIEVE, even now, that their microphone is not as effective as it once was.

Blogger Cail Corishev January 10, 2017 11:32 AM  

I'd guess that most Fake News employees never watch/read non-mainstream sources like Alex Jones. Leftists aren't exactly known for thinking they need to understand the opposition. If they do watch, it'll be with the assumption that everything being said is stupid or evil, so they won't get any insight from it.

Besides, a comrade might see what you're looking at and suspect you of heresy yourself. Dangerous.

Blogger Matthew January 10, 2017 11:58 AM  

"Check your privilege"

[pause while I adjust my crotch]

"It's fine."

Blogger Matthew January 10, 2017 12:00 PM  

"You have to admit..." is a tell. Anyone using that in the comments here is a shill, or worse, a moderate.

Blogger Cail Corishev January 10, 2017 12:05 PM  

@52, I was wondering if it should be on the list right below "It seems like you're saying..."

Blogger Shimshon January 10, 2017 12:05 PM  

@41 Cail, they almost certainly spiked interest in PizzaGate for those who were even a little curious what all the fuss was about. But it doesn't matter. It seems to me (yes, I said that) the important people know. And heads will roll (hopefully some literally).

I know the behavior is predictable, but it still never ceases to amaze me. The "fake news" meme can persist for a long time before it loses its sting. Because, like Vox says, every use of it is layered on top a kernel of truth. And the audience already distrusts and loathes the media. Even left-wing media personalities like Glen Greenwald are jumping on the fake news bandwagon due to how bad the problem has become with the MSM. Every single retort will drive some part of the audience seeking real news elsewhere.

Anonymous CC January 10, 2017 12:08 PM  

Deplorable Gaiseric wrote:And the likely result of that move will be the complete loss of the war at the moral level. 4GW is indeed the best analogy, because a force can win every battle—and napalming the internet would be a massive battlefield win, certainly—and yet completely and utterly lose the war.

Yes exactly. Internet censorship is what they've trying to do anyway with their scouring of social media and comment sections, as well as police and legal intimidation in Europe. But it has to be a step at a time to avoid a major backlash, they can't unload all the ordnance at once. Fake news was meant to be part of that; to help delegitimatize the enemy and morally justify a crackdown on them.

Alas, like those great Roadrunner cartoons, it's all gone and blown up in Wile E. Coyote's face. They'll need to try something other than "ACME's Never Fail Fake News Dissident Suppressor TM".

Anonymous Tipsy January 10, 2017 12:38 PM  

Jimmy The Freak wrote:They will always be outside our OODA loop due their structure and inability to think for themselves.

Just remember, statements like these are how you end up in the same position as the left is now. They will "always" be until they aren't.


So true. Eisenhower say plans are useless but planning is essential. Same spirit.

Anonymous Tipsy January 10, 2017 12:49 PM  

Here's another thing. The MSM hates the alt-right, because unlike the conservative movement, the alt-right is on a war footing. It (rightly) recognizes the anti-Western left not as a wayward brother, but as the enemy. The MSM's game has worked well when people have perceived them to be at worst misguided. It doesn't know what to do with people who consider them to be downright evil.

Blogger Jon Mollison January 10, 2017 12:53 PM  

It's worth pointing out that "fake news" was co-opted first by the alt-right people fighting in the social media trenches. After a week or so of success, you started to see it burbling up into the more mainstream discussions.

That happens on a regular basis.

Expect to see more and more stories in the mainstream press declaring that "social media is over". Everybody should stop using it. It's just trolls and idiots. Stop paying attention to that field of battle where we are so easily defeated.

They did that with news article comments. They've put filters on Facebook. Soon they'll come for social media in general. I've seen one or two already - with Lindy West bailing out of Twitter being a prime example. Right now it's all vague, "I'm not sure the democratization of media was such a good idea after all," but just watch. Once it's clear that Jack can't save them, they'll abandon it en masse.

It's going to be glorious!

Blogger GracieLou January 10, 2017 1:21 PM  

“It feels like there are just thousands of us trying to find a job, and there are no jobs,”...there are no jobs...OH GAWD THERE ARE NO JOBS!!!!

Remember the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie where people get sucked out of a bubble dome and land on the surface of Mars and they're gasping for air, and their eyes are buggin'? That.

Speaking of bubbles: the Melinda Byerley tweet. In short, Melinda is a poodle-haired Silicon Valley shemale who says middle American is a violent "shithole" full of bars (gin soaked I'm sure like "Dinosaur My Love") bad schools, women-haters, cross-burners and overall dumbasses. But fear not knuckle-draggers, she has the answer--progressivism. Make your small town more like San Francisco or Aspen, and then enlightened god-like beings such as herself will come and if you pay proper homage to her golden snatch and pledge allegiance to diversity, then you MAY get a job, because persons such as herself would like a more "rural lifestyle" (huh? That suggests a desire to escape something. Wonder what?)

So...even if your only news source is Upchuck Todd, you'd know Chicongo and Detroit are progressive Midwestern areas. Progressivism + Diversity = "shithole." To someone like her the news may not seem left biased at all because sometimes a whiff of reality sneaks through which would surely disturb her dark triad bubble. Imagine Breitbart from her point of view.

Anonymous JAG January 10, 2017 1:23 PM  

Nope... still not tired of winning yet. Actually, my hunger for more winning is only growing. I'm like Homer Simpson in Hell, with the devils and demons attempting an ironic torture trying to make me sick of winning, and yet millions of aeons later I am still just as hungry, if not more so.

Anonymous Soylent_Green January 10, 2017 1:26 PM  

I sent this quote to an associate who is a "reporter" for a midsize state paper who is concerned about people not believing the MSM anymore and getting their news from other sources.

As George Orwell wrote about England's leftist media 70+ years ago:

"a message to English left-wing journalists and intellectuals generally: ‘Do remember that dishonesty and cowardice always have to be paid for. Don’t imagine that for years on end you can make yourself the boot-licking propagandist and then suddenly return to mental decency. Once a whore, always a whore.’ "

I also suggested he update his resume ...... :)

Blogger Were-Puppy January 10, 2017 1:54 PM  

@17 Dirk Manly
Interesting that the propagandist tied the origin of the term fake news directly and ONLY to pizzagate.
---

Every time some media does that, I think they are in on it and in on the cover up.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 10, 2017 2:02 PM  

@34 BBGKB
“It feels like there are just thousands of us trying to find a job, and there are no jobs,” said Mira Patel
---

She can get her h1b visa ass out of the US and return to India

Blogger Were-Puppy January 10, 2017 2:11 PM  

@59 GracieLou
Speaking of bubbles: the Melinda Byerley tweet. In short, Melinda is a poodle-haired Silicon Valley shemale who says middle American is a violent "shithole" full of bars (gin soaked I'm sure like "Dinosaur My Love") bad schools, women-haters, cross-burners and overall dumbasses. But fear not knuckle-draggers, she has the answer--progressivism. Make your small town more like San Francisco or Aspen, and then enlightened god-like beings such as herself will come and if you pay proper homage to her golden snatch and pledge allegiance to diversity, then you MAY get a job, because persons such as herself would like a more "rural lifestyle" (huh? That suggests a desire to escape something. Wonder what?)
---

I saw that story last night and shot it out on Gab. Another uppity progressive whining about safe rooms, but on a larger scale.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan January 10, 2017 2:17 PM  

If rhetoric did not work we would not have words in our language that ended in "ist", "ism" and "phobia." It's all rhetoric all the time, and it can be turned upon them, they are either lying, doubling down on the stupid lies and/or projecting their own twisted thoughts upon you.

If Sigmund Freud came back from Hell to visit the latter day West he would exclaim, "I won.", as we are all batshit crazy as the Vienesse Jewesses who comprised his test bed.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan January 10, 2017 2:22 PM  

Melinda Byerley is a batshit crazy female with crazy racial theories who in a just society would have no business pronouncing any moral judgement upon anyone at anytime, but conservatives just love them some of that moral judgement in the hope one day they will get a pat on the head from the likes of her.

I myself put no credibility with the bitch or her crazy racial theories.

Blogger tublecane January 10, 2017 2:22 PM  

@44-I don't think it did confer legitimacy, because no one who used the term "MSM" thought it legitimate. Now is a good time to switch terms, because I think MSM lacks a certain punch. But not for the reason you cite.

There will come a time when they're not, in fact, mainstream, and for all I know that time has already passed.

Blogger Lovekraft January 10, 2017 2:24 PM  

The underlying importance of this fake news phase is how vulnerable the alt-right is right now.

We are keenly aware and experienced in surveying cultural trends and, being forward-thinkers, study the left and try to anticipate its moves.

Should the alt-right be pushed into the arena while being thoroughly smeared as evil , we'd fold quickly.

To overcome this potential outcome, we have to take a long, hard look at what we're up against. To sway the public to where the alt-right is the base suggests that Trump is, in our lifetimes, a critical juncture.

We will bring back the notion of 'nothing to lose'. Seems most people just need a little nudging to wake them up to how various influences are serving as very real threats to their survival.

Blogger Cail Corishev January 10, 2017 2:26 PM  

@62, Beyond those who are in on it, I think there are many who know the people involved well enough to suspect it's mostly true, and that if it does all come out, it'll hurt their side a lot more than ours.

Imagine that you're a D.C. or NYC style reporter, so you've been in the homes and offices of a lot of influential people. You've seen a lot more of the kind of "art" they have than the glimpses we've gotten from pads like Tony Podesta's. You remember the social circles of people like Hastert, and you know which party's members are more likely to go for that kind of thing. You've seen the wink-and-a-nods between people with unusual tastes. Maybe you don't know anything, but you still know.

Blogger papeja January 10, 2017 2:30 PM  

http://google.com !

Blogger tublecane January 10, 2017 2:35 PM  

@19-With all the talk about the MSM's incompetence on this thread, in the very least it must be admitted that they were smart enough to sucker this poster. Obviously, the alt-right is having a field day calling any and everything "fake" at this point, including stuff that's merely false, ambiguous, tendentious, etc. Even though, as the stupid article quoted above says, "fake" denotes deliberate deception: forgery, counterfeiting, and so forth.

Of course, the left wanted you to think the fake news it was worried about was indeed deliberately deceptive. But were they sticking to the standard they're condescendingly attempting to hold the right to now? Or were they calling everything that didn't help their side fake, too? Duh.

They're only seeking to enforce the stricter definition (or seeming to) because they're losing.

Anonymous BBGKB January 10, 2017 4:03 PM  

Oy Vey who could be powerful enough to hack drudge? http://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-ddos-drudge-report-2017-1

Victor Orban to go after Soros. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-10/trump-s-win-prompts-hungarian-call-for-crackdown-on-soros-groups

Blogger James Dixon January 10, 2017 4:31 PM  

> "You have to admit..." is a tell.

Agreed. The correct usage in such a case is "I have to admit". You have no right to pretend you speak for anyone else here.

> Should the alt-right be pushed into the arena while being thoroughly smeared as evil , we'd fold quickly.

Since everyone on the right has been being smeared that exact way for years (I could argue decades) now, I'd say you're incorrect.

Blogger tublecane January 10, 2017 5:09 PM  

@74-I think by "being thoroughly smeared as evil" the above poster meant the smear worked. That is, regular people believe it, uniformly. That obviously hasn't happened, but there are still several steps to go before the alt-right becomes mainstream. It could happen in the meantime.

Anonymous Mr. Rational January 10, 2017 6:21 PM  

genericviews wrote:Anarchists that can organize a transcontinental migration to Washington DC, going through TSA, getting funding, budgets, recruiting and training and organizing on the ground, complete with life support while they are there
All it takes is ONE OVERT ACT in conjunction with planning to commit a crime to charge conspiracy.

It can't be hard to find out who these people are, tracking them down by their social connections.  When they check in for their flights, pick them up.  When they load up a rented bus, pull it over, put a couple officers on board and drive it straight to detention.  Once charged with conspiracy, a whole lot will be ready to turn state's evidence on their handlers.

Follow that chain, rolling up the charities, foundations and non-profits along the way.  When both the treasonous (Open Society Foundation) and converged (Ford Foundation) money-piles are all under receivers and the organizers are copping pleas to avoid facing worse charges, this crap will suddenly vanish like waking from a bad dream.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey January 10, 2017 9:27 PM  

@paworldandtimes
'Unstoppable rhetoric: GBFM valorizing the Western canon and the sanctity of virgin marriage thru "lollzzlling" and "lotsas cockas."'

Oh yeah. GBFM, one of the great poets of our age, explicating his usually-cryptic posts, and butthexting the banksters:

"Why do I mention butthext in the context of fiat currencies and counterfeiters? It is because Dante and Milton associated all these things, as did many others. In Dante’s Inferno the butthexters are placed on the same level of hell as the counterfeiters, as both engage in unnatural acts that produce no true wealth, but only debauch and degrade.

The counterfeiters funded the women’s movement and encourage butthexters to desoul and debauch your future wife, robbing her of value and you of an intact family. While such atrocities are occurring in mass, the funny thing is that the myopic Christians here are saying, “GBFM said butthext! I’m offended!” at the very same moment that their future wife is being butthexted... And so I lozozzlzlzlzozo that I may not weep."

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/feminism-for-bros-defcon-vomit-bag/

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey January 10, 2017 9:34 PM  

@elijahrhodes
"The term "hate crime" should be similarly co-opted"

Or perhaps we should start referring to the run of the mill type of black on white violent crimes as "love crimes?" "Yeah, that google raped a 90 year old white woman and beat her to death, but don't worry, it was officially certified as just a love crime." Too sarcastic?

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey January 10, 2017 9:47 PM  

@Mr.Mantra man
'If rhetoric did not work we would not have words in our language that ended in "ist", "ism" and "phobia."'

Personally, I've encountered a lot of toxic, hate-filled racistphobia out there lately...

Blogger Lazarus January 10, 2017 10:02 PM  

tublecane wrote:They're only seeking to enforce the stricter definition (or seeming to) because they're losing.

Of course they are losing, they have to wait for orders before they act, and follow the previously approved rules of engagement.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd January 13, 2017 10:23 AM  

Francis Parker Yockey wrote:Or perhaps we should start referring to the run of the mill type of black on white violent crimes as "love crimes?" "Yeah, that google raped a 90 year old white woman and beat her to death, but don't worry, it was officially certified as just a love crime." Too sarcastic?

Try calling it a hate crime, and then try calling it a love crime. See which produces the desired reaction (lefties squeal in pain, normies disgusted by lefties). Go with the one that works.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts