ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

No more automatic residence

This new immigration policy is one of the first Obama policies with which I've ever agreed:
President Barack Obama is ending a longstanding immigration policy that allows any Cuban who makes it to U.S. soil to stay and become a legal resident, a senior administration official said Thursday.

The repeal of the "wet foot, dry foot" policy is effective immediately, according the official. The decision follows months of negotiations focused in part on getting Cuba to agree to take back people who had arrived in the U.S.
It was always a stupid and irresponsible policy. Cubans aren't Americans, they're one-issue foreign nationals who have ceaselessly attempted to embroil the USA in policies that are not in the national interest, and none of them should have been given residence, let alone citizenship, in the first place.
Since October 2012, more than 118,000 Cubans have presented themselves at ports of entry along the border, according to statistics published by the Homeland Security Department. During the 2016 budget year, which ended in September, a five-year high of more than 41,500 people came through the southern border. An additional 7,000 people arrived between October and November.
Permitting Cubans to immigrate to the USA was far more harmful to Americans than simply invading and overthrowing Castro would have been. It was a cowardly half-step, and disastrous, like most policies based on virtue-signaling.

Labels:

93 Comments:

Anonymous NateM January 12, 2017 5:53 PM  

I'm sure he'll make an exception if they convert to Islam...

I heard a few horror stories on the negative fallout of this policy through the years. particularly a couple brothers who were involved out west with smuggling along the US-Mexico border and kept getting caught at it. But then when they did get prosecuted all they could do is jail them because when they got out, they weren't able to deport them, Because Cuba.

Anonymous karsten January 12, 2017 5:54 PM  

Nothing changes the fact that Obama was consciously the most anti-white president in U.S. history.

However, it is ironic that in his last days, he does two good things (even if for the wrong reasons):

this,

and the recent U.N. kerfuffle that so rustled the jimmies of our self-appointed, divinely-chosen(-just-ask-them) supreme (((overlords))).

Doesn't make up for anything, but still, a stopped clock, and all that.

Blogger TM Lutas January 12, 2017 6:02 PM  

Stratfor has some good analysis about the geographic interests of the United States and why it's quite important for us that the Caribbean be an American lake. If you haven't read it already, you should. The US is blessed with a lot of favorable geography but others can render our natural advantages less useful. We have a strong interest in protecting and maximizing these advantages.

Here it is in two parts:
https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/geopolitics-united-states-part-1-inevitable-empire
https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/geopolitics-united-states-part-2-american-identity-and-threats-tomorrow

Anonymous LurkingPuppy January 12, 2017 6:11 PM  

TM Lutas wrote:Stratfor has some good analysis about the geographic interests of the United States and why it's quite important for us that the Caribbean be an American lake. If you haven't read it already, you should.
Stratfor had an e-mail about how they procured ‘hot dogs’ and ‘pizza’ ‘using the same channels’ that Obama had spent $65,000 on. If you haven't read it already, you should.

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1223066_re-get-ready-for-chicago-hot-dog-friday-.html

Anonymous WaterBoy January 12, 2017 6:17 PM  

I never got that whole Elian Gonzalez thing and why he should have been allowed to stay in the US when his father wanted him back home in Cuba, just because his mother died getting him here.

Granted, the Clinton administration may have gone about doing it the wrong way, but at least they were deporting him. And they should have taken the rest of the family with him.

Anonymous Wooly Phlox January 12, 2017 6:20 PM  

Just Cubans?

Why not anyone from Syria? Or Somalia? Or any other part of the Ummah?

This is like Obama adding some salt and pepper to the bowl of crap he's serving us.

Yeah, he rocks. Come on, Vox. Really?

Next week, he'll pardon 200 or so Muslim murderers, and give them full, lifetime US Bennies.

But at least he sent some freedom-seeking Cubans back to their prison.

Really, Vox?

Blogger Dave January 12, 2017 6:20 PM  

???Obama...Obama...Obama???

Oh yeah, wasn't he the guy whose name everyone attached to the Affordable Care Act that never even lasted 5 years?

Whatever happened to that dweeb?

Blogger Were-Puppy January 12, 2017 6:25 PM  

But .. But.. Muh Cuban Sandwiches! QQ

Anonymous onejohnfour@yahoo.com January 12, 2017 6:25 PM  

Maybe a sprinkle of oregano. That'll make the dish tuto bene.

Vox, are you trolling us all?

Preemptively, I Don't Care.

Blogger AdognamedOp January 12, 2017 6:26 PM  

Payback for those Cubans in Florida that voted Trump. IMO.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 12, 2017 6:27 PM  

@4 LurkingPuppy

Stratfor had an e-mail about how they procured ‘hot dogs’ and ‘pizza’ ‘using the same channels’ that Obama had spent $65,000 on. If you haven't read it already, you should.
---

I stopped noticing their tweets around time this dump of emails came out

Anonymous Wooly Phlox January 12, 2017 6:27 PM  

You taught me that.

"I learned it from YOU, dad!"

I really don't care.

Scalzi could have made this post.

Anonymous The OASF January 12, 2017 6:28 PM  

@8 "But .. But.. Muh Cuban Sandwiches! QQ"

The ones from Publix tasted just as good.

Not sure why. I probably don't wanna know.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 12, 2017 6:29 PM  

I hope the send Mark Cuban back too

Blogger Retrenched January 12, 2017 6:37 PM  

Finally Obama does something smart. It only took him 7 years, 11 months and 23 days....

Anonymous The OASF January 12, 2017 6:37 PM  

I strongly suspect this is an attempt by Obama to salvage his reputation in some minuscule way, by mildly attacking the least-odious of the various assortment of American-Foreign brownskins.

I bet a month after he departs office, fake news will be writing harrowing tales of Obama's swift crackdown on illegal immigration... just in the nick of time!

Anonymous Galactic Starfleets of Deplorable Spartacus January 12, 2017 6:39 PM  

This is interesting and out of character. Why, and why now on Day T-minus-9? It's like a reverse pardon. What gives?

One theory- It's one less onerous thing for Trump to have to do, especially since the Cubans-in-America had more or less supported him. It's a signal to whomever that God Emperor is indeed to ascend. A capitulation.

Blogger TM Lutas January 12, 2017 6:39 PM  

Nice to see that there's a full complement of jokers available today.

Blogger Ransom Smith January 12, 2017 6:44 PM  

I hope the send Mark Cuban back too

You inadvertently made a ton of 1488'ers happy with that statement.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy January 12, 2017 6:45 PM  

TM Lutas wrote:Nice to see that there's a full complement of jokers available today.
I don't want the (((Soviets))) basing missiles in the Caribbean either. Fortunately, they're not doing that at the moment, and they're not likely to try anytime soon.

As for Stratfor, you really should consider the fact that your source may have just wanted to keep their swamp's supply of young Haitians uninterrupted. (And maybe they like Cubans too.)

Anonymous Eric the Red January 12, 2017 6:47 PM  

The Affirmative Action Pustule's motives are easy to understand. He doesn't want any anticommunist Cubans from fleeing their island paradise.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd January 12, 2017 6:49 PM  

I always figured that the policy on Cuban wetbacks was a sort of reverse Bay of Pigs - it's been Castro's invasion of the US. He sends the people he hates, and they screw us up.

Because conservatives are so pro-Cuban refugee, 0bammy probably figures this is a great way to hurt conservatives. If he realized that this is actually good for the country, he surely wouldn't have done this.

Anonymous BiigGayKoranBurner January 12, 2017 6:53 PM  

Probably the worst part was because only the most productive & smartest part of the bell curve fled Cuba it gave a false appearance of competent Hispanics from south of America. That along with the billions of dollars of drug trade flowing thru Miami masked the problems of immigration.

Granted, the Clinton administration may have gone about doing it the wrong way, but at least they were deporting him.

They only deported him because the Cubans who escaped(other than when prisons emptied out) where those smart & productive enough to be better off under capitalism than communism, thus tending to vote republican.

Anonymous WaterBoy January 12, 2017 6:54 PM  

Ominous Cowherd @22: "...it's been Castro's invasion of the US. He sends the people he hates, and they screw us up."

Indeed:

"The arrival of the refugees in the U.S. created political problems for U.S. president Jimmy Carter, first when his administration struggled to develop a consistent response to the immigrants and then when it was discovered that a number of the refugees had been released from Cuban jails and mental health facilities."

Blogger Pseudotsuga January 12, 2017 6:57 PM  

But...but...Vox...muh principles! Magic Florida dirt--I mean sand!
Seriously, though, you make a good case here. Bad policy is bad, no matter who made it.
Too bad his Obamaness won't do the same thing for his Romneycare Redux Act.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 12, 2017 6:58 PM  

In all seriousness, it's probably just Obama getting back at them for voting massively for Republicans

Blogger Lazarus January 12, 2017 6:58 PM  

karsten wrote:and the recent U.N. kerfuffle that so rustled the jimmies of our self-appointed, divinely-chosen(-just-ask-them) supreme (((overlords))).

Be careful what you wish for. The resolution gives incentive to Israel to officially annex Area C, which is the majority of the West Bank (((Judea-Samaria))), before the UN comes up with something else.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 12, 2017 6:59 PM  

@19 Ransom Smith
I hope the send Mark Cuban back too

You inadvertently made a ton of 1488'ers happy with that statement.
--

I was thinking if he won't go to Canada with the rest of them, Cuba is a good place

Anonymous Steve January 12, 2017 7:00 PM  

Everything Obama has done lately has amounted to a pissy, passive aggressive little foot stamp. So I presume this is to punish Cubans in Florida for electing Trump.

Anonymous Brad N January 12, 2017 7:00 PM  

The mistake the Cubans made was voting republican. Otherwise Obama would be fine with the whole island coming to Florida.

Blogger TM Lutas January 12, 2017 7:06 PM  

@20 The actual most likely threat in my estimation is breakdown into warlordism in Cuba a la Somalia and the Caribbean suffering from a piracy problem. I'm much less worried about Russia going back in to support Cuba as a client, or for that matter China (which seems to worry President-Elect Trump more than Russia these days).

I don't endorse Stratfor as a company, or their general product. This particular piece of analysis, however, does make sense and is worth a read. The Cuba relevant section is small and not the most important part of the piece.

For the TL;DR crowd, the most important part, imo is the obvious observation that the Mississippi river is big and a long section on why that is important and makes the US do stuff that otherwise wouldn't make any sense.

There's also a nice section that covers some of the nasty things you can do with targeting immigrants at another country and how the US used that against Mexico back in the day. It's really relevant to the immigration debate and in my experience the pro-immigration people aren't prepared to argue on those grounds at all.

Blogger Lazarus January 12, 2017 7:06 PM  

Were-Puppy wrote:In all seriousness, it's probably just Obama getting back at them for voting massively for Republicans

Could just be a happy co-incidence.

From the link:

The Cuban Medical Professional Parole Program, which was started by President George W. Bush in 2006, is also being rescinded. The measure allowed Cuban doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to seek parole in the U.S. while on assignments abroad.

This keeps them in Cuba where they have to work for next to nothing like everybody else, except the top 1% of course.

Blogger Jim January 12, 2017 7:18 PM  

Come on. You realize this is only becuause Cuban's that brave the crossing tend to vote Republican. These ARE the type of people that will assimilate and adopt American values. That's why he wants to end the policy.

Blogger Chris Mallory January 12, 2017 7:21 PM  

TM Lutas wrote:why it's quite important for us that the Caribbean be an American lake.

When ever the conservatards start pounding their sunken chests about the Iranian Navy harassing our ships in the Persian Gulf, they will never give me an answer when I ask them if they would support the Iranian Navy conducting operations in the Gulf of Mexico or the Caribbean.

Can we get Cruz and Rubio deported?

Blogger Chris Mallory January 12, 2017 7:22 PM  

Jim wrote:These ARE the type of people that will assimilate and adopt American values

They have not adopted American values in the past 70 odd years, why would they start now? Cruz and Rubio are not American.

Blogger VFM #7634 January 12, 2017 7:34 PM  

Actually, it's a common mistake to assume Cubans vote Republican. Most of the older ones do, but not the younger more Marxist-infected ones.

Also, Cuban Republicans are notorious squishes when it comes to immigration.

I applaud this new policy by the Obama administration and hope Trump keeps it in place. The old policy essentially made Cuba a second Puerto Rico with unlimited immigration rights.

Blogger Cail Corishev January 12, 2017 7:42 PM  

@36, Right. I haven't seen numbers on Cuban voters in 2016, but one reason the Democrats thought they had a good chance of winning Florida was that Cubans are not as reliably Republican anymore as they used to be. As any race-realist could have predicted. There's also a whole lot more to being assimilated than voting Republican.

Obama surely did this for the reason he does everything: to take a personal shot at a group he doesn't like because it hasn't worshipped him enough. But it's a good thing anyway.

Blogger JJ from AZ January 12, 2017 7:54 PM  

He didn't do it for any good reason. He did it because Raul Castro (and Fidel before he died) demanded it.

The Cubans have been pissed that they could lose their best and brightest (the one's that want out are in that category by default) by luring the. Here with auto residency.

This is capitulation. It may fit with my desire to limit immigration from poor countries, but it's still capitulation. SNAFU.

Blogger VD January 12, 2017 8:11 PM  

You realize this is only becuause Cuban's that brave the crossing tend to vote Republican. These ARE the type of people that will assimilate and adopt American values.

Maybe. No, they obviously don't. Even after three generations in America, their primary interest is still Cuba. That means they are not assimilated.

Anonymous Cyclone Bob January 12, 2017 8:19 PM  

This is great news. The USA have been unfairly brain-draining Cuba all these years, and it's finally coming to an end.

Now let's hope he will strike another blow to Yanqui imperialism and colonial conquest, by giving Puerto Rico what it has long deserved and earned -- full independence and nationhood.

We must neither forget that we owe reparations to all our great Hispanic neighbors (Mexico, especially), and must make them whole again by returning the human capital we've so selfishly borrowed from them.

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Hair January 12, 2017 8:24 PM  

"Permitting Cubans to immigrate to the USA was far more harmful to Americans than simply invading and overthrowing Castro would have been. It was a cowardly half-step, and disastrous, like most policies based on virtue-signaling."

In retrospect, we should've told Kruschev, F you, we're going in. Cuba launches so much as one bird at us, we'll consider it from you all. This is our equivalent of Hungary. As much as it would've pained the USSR, I think they wouldn't have risked Armageddon (yes, I am referring to what we SHOULD HAVE done in the Cuban Missile Crisis). A man I knew in grad school, God rest his soul, worked on Ex Com as a CIA liaison. They KNEW the Soviets wouldn't use them...the Cubans on the other hand...

"Stratfor had an e-mail about how they procured ‘hot dogs’ and ‘pizza’ ‘using the same channels’ that Obama had spent $65,000 on. If you haven't read it already, you should."

@4 Ddd ddd ddamn!

"Payback for those Cubans in Florida that voted Trump. IMO."

@10 Probably.

"Bad policy is bad, no matter who made it. "

@25 Clinton did back in the mid-90s.

"I applaud this new policy by the Obama administration and hope Trump keeps it in place. The old policy essentially made Cuba a second Puerto Rico with unlimited immigration rights."

"When ever the conservatards start pounding their sunken chests about the Iranian Navy harassing our ships in the Persian Gulf, they will never give me an answer when I ask them if they would support the Iranian Navy conducting operations in the Gulf of Mexico or the Caribbean. "

@34 My answer is no. Furthermore, you know something is seriously amiss when the restrictive ROEs under Obama still allow us to open fire on an Iranian vessel a few days ago. A former co-worker of mine who was career Coast Guard said the Soviets always tried ramming his cutter because Carter said lethal force was not authorized unless you were essentially burning and being shot at. Reagan changed that shortly after inauguration and the Soviets stopped.

@36 We should've told Spain at the end of the Spanish-American War that they could keep PR. Also, fuck William Hearst.

I personally support the policy staying in place but who knows? This might cause an internal revolution in Cuba. Win-win all around.

Anonymous VFM #6306 January 12, 2017 8:38 PM  

That'd be funny if Obama thought sending brownskins back home would help his legacy.

Blogger Ezekiel January 12, 2017 8:47 PM  

The kings of Europe would sometimes set aside land and food for those who were fleeing from a mutual enemy. The Serbian Despotate under the Hungarians comes to mind. The catch, of course, is that almost all of the military-aged males would serve in the military of their hosts.

If we were going to do anything at all with the Cubans, it should have been that. Train and equip them for our planned invasion of Cuba (to get back our mafia-playground narco-state), and when that fell through then send them all to Vietnam and, if they prove themselves in battle, then maybe their wives and children could stay here for the duration.

We'd basically be doing what Castro feared and what some of the more radical exiles (Alpha 66 and friends) wanted. And maybe if we had set up a "Cuban Reservation" in some relatively unclaimed part of the country (Colorado was still pretty empty back then) then maybe they wouldn't have turned Miami into a mafia-playground narco-state.

As an aside, VD, have you read the menofthewest articles about inviting the Boers over? Thoughts on that?

Blogger Pteronarcyd January 12, 2017 9:08 PM  

Cuban-Americans vote overwhelmingly for Republicans. In my mind, Cuban refugees aren't anywhere near our biggest problem. Stopping the importation of socialist refugees is a muxh bigger priority.

Blogger Patrick Wilson January 12, 2017 9:10 PM  

even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

Blogger Darth Spanky January 12, 2017 9:15 PM  

at #29 You might be right. It's a petty poke at a small group who thwarted him, so it makes sense in that way. But I still wonder what he's up to b/c this is a good idea and I know he doesn't have any of those. Some sort of booby-trap?

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 12, 2017 9:16 PM  

The few Cubanos I've met and know of who were American-ish are anecdotal compared to the overall whole.

For the most part, Cubans in Florida favored Republicans because they took a harder line on Cuba - to hasten the Castro regime's end. The idea was that if Castro were ousted, then Cuba would be free, then they would go back home. Exiles were what they considered themselves.

And exiles are fine. Except...now that socialism's slow death is near in Cuba, it's time they go back to where they consider home.

TL;DR - the old school, decent Cubans considered themselves exiles and would've gone back to Cuba had Castro been toppled. I respect that, at least.

Blogger Ron January 12, 2017 9:18 PM  

It's despicable. Like everything else the man does. If he had done it at the beginning of his term, fine. If in the middle, also fine.

I can accept the reasons VD gives to justify it. If the country decided they'd be doing the right thing by ending that, then that is their right. My disgust and contempt is for the autocratic manner in which this nasty piece of work goes about his business. He has never had any concept of collaboration with others, any idea of discussion that was not just another form of manipulation.

A rotten, entitled individual who was elected by a generation filled with narcissistic imbeciles. Shame on them all.

He does it at the very end, as a final "fuck you". There is no discussion, no collaboration, just the typical stab in the back from the nasty little coward who represents an entire group of nasty little cowards.

The one good thing about this is that it increases my hatred for the Leftist garbage that voted for him. And as for the Jews that voted for him: "feh!"

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 12, 2017 9:20 PM  

@42 Ezekiel

American (and European?) institutions could sponsor visas for Boers and their families, much like nonprofits do here. Granted, they may not be "refugees" legally, but sponsored work visas would help. If any were involved with US military personnel, that could work too.

Something worth looking into, anyway.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 12, 2017 9:28 PM  

Jim wrote:These ARE the type of people that will assimilate and adopt American values.

Damn. He even put quotes around "waitresses".
If they weren't talking about an orgy at the least, I'm Queen of the May.

Blogger tz January 12, 2017 9:38 PM  

But they love Lucy (those over a certain age will get it)

Blogger praetorian January 12, 2017 9:43 PM  

OT: The Saxon is starting to get woke:

Todd Kincannon · @ToddKincannon
7 hours
Had dinner with a political operative friend last night. He said "I had no idea that all it took to win was to call Democrats and media worthless pieces of shit all the time. I thought you had to be reasonably nice. Trump has shown me the light. Fuck the Left."

This is an exact quote.


https://gab.ai/ToddKincannon/posts/3954968

Anonymous Gen. Kong January 12, 2017 9:48 PM  

Castro is dead. They need to go home and re-build their own land.

Blogger Jack Vibe January 12, 2017 10:50 PM  

If they left Cuba to escape Castro's reign, they should go back now that he is gone. This should be the same no matter where the refugee's came from. If a nation takes in refugees, they should not be allowed to stay there after their homeland is safe to repopulate again. Stepping foot on U.S. soil shouldn't grant them citizenship just because their home country is currently unsafe.

Blogger Andy Texan January 12, 2017 10:53 PM  

The SOB POS (countdown is 8) is preferring Porto Ricans and dissing Cubans. Nothing more.

Anonymous Romano January 12, 2017 11:06 PM  

"Cubans aren't Americans"

Of course they aren't. They are Cubans. But, once naturalized and given citizenship, they are then Americans.

Anonymous OsricPearl January 12, 2017 11:14 PM  

American of Cuban decent, second generation. I have a few thoughts.
First, I agree with Obama's decision even if I think it was done in bath faith (more on that later). The US has enough people and it doesn't need any more. The ones who have been arriving as of late have not been the best and the brightest, and have added nothing to the US except for more debt through social services and depressed wages.

Second, I know that this was done because of the elections. Obama is a petty man. Had Hillary won, Obama probably would have sat this one through and let Hillary take it down. Cubans hate the Clintons anyway, so there would be no love lost there. But Steve Sailor has this right, Cubans went for Trump 54%. They voted for him with the same percentage as white women. So yeah, a petty move by a petty man. Although good was done, it was still done under false presences. Had this been an honest move, he would have done it before the election, right around the time relations with Cuba were normalized (a good move, IMO). (cont).

Anonymous OsricPearl January 12, 2017 11:16 PM  

(cont)
Third, and this isn't something anyone here is going to like to hear, but it must be said. For the poster who stated that the "Exile" should now go back, the "Exile" is dead. Literally. Those Cubans who considered themselves "The Exile" were baby boomers/greatest generation of which most have died. The last member of that generation is my grandmother who is so old she can neither speak nor move.

Their children, the Baby Boomers, either came to the US as young children or were born here. They are somewhat culturally Cuban, but this is the gist, the Cuba which they are culturally a part of is no longer alive. CUBA, is dead. Dead dead dead. They may think they are Cubans, but most Cubans don't acknowledge them as such. Indeed, they are very different in values and appearance. (cont)

Blogger Robert What? January 12, 2017 11:18 PM  

I think Obama chose Cubans because they tend to be among the more conservative immigrants. In addition Cubans have a higher percentage of people of European descent than other Hispanic immigrant groups.

Anonymous OsricPearl January 12, 2017 11:19 PM  

(cont). And this is connected to my Fourth point. It's very interesting that in a blog like this, and others, where race matters and where differences of race are considered, few people consider this dynamic in another country, like say, Cuba. If anyone were to scan the faces of those who went to Fidel's funeral, one would see a sea of black people. When one of my family members visited in the 90's, she came back with rolls of tape and a sad heart. "It's just not the same," she said. I wonder why. A great aunt, not quite so PC, asked while watching the video of the trip what "all those black people are doing there." The people who made Cuba what it is, the White/mostly white Spaniards are gone. That means Cuba is gone. This is a tough pill to swallow because no one likes to admit these things since to admit them, one would have to discuss difficult issues about race.

It's been white flight since '56. I know this because the Cubans I grew up with don't look anything like the majority of Cubans who live in Cuba right now. There is no way that second and third generation children will go there and fell at home. This is very different from going back to Europe and being surrounded by a people and a culture who are familiar. As a comparison, my Aunt who found Cuba too Different to visit again goes to Spain all the time and thinks its great.

I am honest enough to admit this, but most Cubans are not. Instead, they will find some excuse or other to stay here. A few recent arrivals who can't cut it may go back, but those who were born here of the original three waves will be in no hurry to go. I suspect that the man whose half-Cuban niece considered going to Cuba after Castro's death will have a mysterious change of heart if she ever seriously entertains the idea and does a few preliminary visits. She may never speak the reason, because to do so will mean she will cross the bounds of social respectability, but she will know it in her heart. Namely, that the Cubans that live in Cuba look nothing like her Cuban parent and extended family. She may as well move to Detroit, with nicer black people.

Race matters. Even in Cuba.

Fifth, Socialism isn't dead there. Castro's death changes nothing. The family is still very much in power, and a successor has been named upon Raul's death. The majority black/mulatto population backs and happily does their bidding even though the ruling class is almost entirely white.

Cuba is dead to me. But it isn't just dead to me, it is dead period.
That's it. God bless and Viva Trump! XD

Blogger Almodavar January 12, 2017 11:51 PM  

If not for Cubans, Florida would have swung blue a lot more often, and shit would have crumbled faster VD. Ignorant cock holsters like you don't get it. Obama only blocks Cuban immigration because it doesn't suit his purposes of robbing YT of all his wealth. He's fine with opening the floodgates to the hordes from elsewhere that suit his designs.

Blogger Almodavar January 12, 2017 11:58 PM  

But seriously I signed up for the whole American project since I was a kid. Want to dislodge me VD? This is my dirt. I will kill for it. Where are you right now...I bet overseas sucking Italian cock?

Blogger wreckage January 13, 2017 12:17 AM  

@60 Thanks, interesting stuff. Very interesting indeed.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) January 13, 2017 12:23 AM  

17. Galactic Starfleets of Deplorable Spartacus January 12, 2017 6:39 PM
Why, and why now on Day T-minus-9? It's like a reverse pardon. What gives?



Cubans are one of the few immigrant groups that vote heavily Republican.

Obama is both sticking a thumb in their eye ( for not voting for Hillary ) and trying to create a problem for Trump.

Trump could simply reverse the order his first day in office though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Trump could extend the ruling to ALL immigrant "refugees", freezing all applications and deporting them.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor January 13, 2017 12:25 AM  

Letting Cubans into the US acted as a safety valve for social pressures in Cuba and was probably responsible for keeping Castro in power for so long.

Just imagine if all those who left had instead felt they had no choice but to stay and fight.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor January 13, 2017 12:26 AM  

@64 Trump could extend the ruling to ALL immigrant "refugees", freezing all applications and deporting them.

God tier agree-and-amplify trolling.

Blogger Thucydides January 13, 2017 12:53 AM  

Have to agree with the "right idea, wrong reasons" consensus here. This is a slap at the Cubans who voted for the New American Party, a slap at the ones who fled an oppressive dictatorship for a chance at freedom and a parting gift to the Castro's.

Much like releasing billions of dollars to the Iranians or sitting quietly aside while the Russians and Chinese rummaged through the White House servers or OPM databases, the political objective has nothing to do with making America strong and everything to do with creating weaknesses in America for others to exploit. Exploit the same weakness to the detriment of the Democrat party, however, and look at the speed and violence of the reaction....

Obama is so unreflective he sees no irony in building a wall around the mansion he has rented in Washington DC. How constant posturing for the media during the Trump and Pense administrations will be like annoying static on the radio. The only upside there is he will continue to suck oxygen from the Democrat party and probably work the same magic that saw the loss of 1000 Democrat legislative seats over the last 8 years.

Anonymous Iforgotmyscreenname January 13, 2017 1:46 AM  

It is the older Cuban Americans who are largely Republicans. The younger Cuban Americans are now mostly voting Democrat. When the older generation of Cuban Americans die off, Cuban Americans will mostly be Democrat Party voters just like the majority of other Hispanics.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 13, 2017 2:11 AM  

Romano wrote:But, once naturalized and given citizenship, they are then Americans.
No. They weren't. They were Cubans in America. See:
Almodavar wrote:But seriously I signed up for the whole American project since I was a kid. Want to dislodge me VD? This is my dirt. I will kill for it. Where are you right now...I bet overseas sucking Italian cock?
Go the fuck back, dickwad. You're not wanted here, you don't belong here. Go make Cuba great again.

Blogger John Wright January 13, 2017 3:06 AM  

I recall the days when you referred to yourself as a libertarian, Vox. Now your obsession has reached a point where, given a choice between siding with Castro's slave state or rethinking your position on racial matters, you side with Castro. Given a choice between siding with Obama, who fundamentally hates every thing you love and who desecrates everything you hold sacred, and rethinking your position on race, you side witn Obama.

On a personal note, the Left stopped seeming like humans to me and started seeming like remorseless enemy monsters in human form was when I heard them applauding the midnight military style raid on the house of Elian Gonzales, and cheering the news that the child would be returned to the island sized concentration camp. They hate liberty that much, the Left. They hate humanity, hate life, hate reason,truth and beauty.

Yet each of them was born as an innocent wee babe,cute and cuddly and poopy as were we all.

What changed them? What turns men into monsters?

I suggest that it is the lure of simple, elegant, powerful ideas which become like idols to them. The idol demands a small sacrafice at first, then more, then more.

I have always wondered why the first time one of them found his powerful idea and his cause was leading him into siding with what he himself despised and knew to be wrong, no friend warned him.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 13, 2017 4:01 AM  

John
Not wanting more Cubans in this country is not "siding with Castro's slave state".
The Communist regime has been dumping their mentally ill and criminal population on the Us for decades thanks to the inane "dry foot" policy. What has it brought us? Mostly an organized crime wave and a flood of narcotics. Cubans are not Americans and we should stop pretending they are.

Blogger American Spartan January 13, 2017 4:06 AM  

Almodavar wrote:If not for Cubans, Florida would have swung blue a lot more often, and shit would have crumbled faster VD. Ignorant cock holsters like you don't get it. Obama only blocks Cuban immigration because it doesn't suit his purposes of robbing YT of all his wealth. He's fine with opening the floodgates to the hordes from elsewhere that suit his designs.

2/3 gen Cubans vote for the left just as much as Mexicans....

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor January 13, 2017 5:04 AM  

What changed them? What turns men into monsters?

I suggest that it is the lure of simple, elegant, powerful ideas which become like idols to them. The idol demands a small sacrafice at first, then more, then more.

I have always wondered why the first time one of them found his powerful idea and his cause was leading him into siding with what he himself despised and knew to be wrong, no friend warned him.


This all describes you much better than it describes Vox. Your blind devotion to libertarian ideals is leading you to embrace policies that are observably weakening the United States and destroying liberty.

Anonymous One of the Diaz Brothers January 13, 2017 5:13 AM  

There's a mike sitting on the stage..someone pick it up.

Blogger Ron January 13, 2017 5:32 AM  

@John C Wright

simple, elegant, powerful ideas which become like idols to them

Thats because you are highly intelligent, so you think people are damned like Faust. But people are actualky very fragile and do not know themselves half as well as rhey think they do.

These thungs are done for darker and smaller reasons. Because they want to be considered cool, they want to be accepted. It is because thinking is painful and scary. Confronting ideas is terrifying. Having integrity opens you to harm. I look at a gangster and see someone I desperately yearn to put in the ground, someone else sees him and admires the same beast.

But no one wants to belive they are that petty, so they invent big grand sounding ideologies to back up their cruelty and theft. Part of the problem is that we look down on small things, not because small things arent important, but because the genuine big things are hard to do, and since people dont like to actually do them they prefer to adopt an affectation of despising the small.

As for the Cuban issue, the question is not providing amnesty but freeing Cuba.

Blogger wreckage January 13, 2017 5:48 AM  

@70 The ethnostate arguments are not necessary to the immigration argument. Consider: does immigration make the country left behind better, or worse? I think many times, worse. Now, does it make the new country better or worse? Well, I think in many modern situations, worse.

So, given that it makes both nations net worse off, is it actually ethical?

We could say yes, to the extent that the individual and their family are better off, but are the individuals and families they then interact with also better off? If we're talking about individual benefits and losses, doesn't the state simply compel some citizens to accept a loss, without consultation or compensation, in order to better the life of the immigrants? Is that, then, liberal in the classical sense?

To the extent that immigration policies are a "warm fuzzy" bought by the upper middle class in nice suburbs, at the expense of lower middle class and working people, by compulsion, that is in no way classically liberal. It's a transfer of sense of well-being, as a tradable good, by force.

Blogger VD January 13, 2017 6:15 AM  

But seriously I signed up for the whole American project since I was a kid. Want to dislodge me VD? This is my dirt. I will kill for it.

Yes, perhaps it is your dirt. You're just another invader who conquered it. And when the real Americans are gone, the dirt you inhabit will be exactly like the dirt you left.

Because the dirt isn't magic. And you will never be an American, any more than you will ever be a squirrel or a dolphin.

Anonymous VFM #6306 January 13, 2017 7:05 AM  

The old Cuban wetfoots were not Republican because they were conservative. They were Republican because old Republicans were pro-Cuban wetfoot!

This is difficult to observe? Since when have Cuban-Americans led the charge to restore the Rights of Englishmen?

Anonymous the management January 13, 2017 7:09 AM  

OsricPearl wrote:It's been white flight since '56. I know this because the Cubans I grew up with don't look anything like the majority of Cubans who live in Cuba right now. ...

Race matters. Even in Cuba.


Thanks for the informative and objective post, Osric. Really enjoyed it.

Anonymous Athor Pel January 13, 2017 8:01 AM  

"70. Blogger John Wright January 13, 2017 3:06 AM
I recall the days when you referred to yourself as a libertarian, Vox. Now your obsession has reached a point where, given a choice between siding with Castro's slave state or rethinking your position on racial matters, you side with Castro.
...
I suggest that it is the lure of simple, elegant, powerful ideas which become like idols to them.

"



First you say accepting any Cuban onto American soil is an anti-Castro act. Which is a simple elegant idea. Then you call such ideas idols.

You should remember the Mariel boatlift.
https://infogalactic.com/info/Mariel_boatlift
Castro was all for it.

Blogger YIH January 13, 2017 8:28 AM  

Ah Cubans, ain't they wonderful?
Just like cars no longer have push-button automatic transmissions and tailfins and computers are no longer as big as your house (with hard drives the size of a washing machine) this was a relic of 55 years ago.

Blogger Avalanche January 13, 2017 8:37 AM  

@ "However, it is ironic that in his last days, he does two good things"

"I NEED a legacy dammit! ANY legacy -- just SOMETHING to be praised for later!! Throwing Russian diplomats out didn't work... Going to Chicago and TELLING them how great I was didn't work! I NEED a legacy!!!"

Blogger Avalanche January 13, 2017 8:40 AM  

@6 "Why not anyone from Syria? Or Somalia?"

Becuse "those are MY people!" Just ask Holder.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) January 13, 2017 10:35 AM  

68. Iforgotmyscreenname January 13, 2017 1:46 AM
It is the older Cuban Americans who are largely Republicans. The younger Cuban Americans are now mostly voting Democrat. When the older generation of Cuban Americans die off, Cuban Americans will mostly be Democrat Party voters just like the majority of other Hispanics.



i don't disagree with any of that.

however, it's wholly irrelevant to what and why Obama is doing what he's doing.



70. John Wright January 13, 2017 3:06 AM
and cheering the news that the child would be returned to the island sized concentration camp.



the child was returned TO HIS FATHER, John.

you do realize that even under debased US Law, it is the surviving parent who has primary custody rights, yes?

and that even under debased US Law, what the mother did would be considered an illegal act of kidnapping AND child endangerment, yes?

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/violent_crimes/what-is-parental-kidnapping.htm

HOW Elian was seized was merely normal Clinton / Federal jack booted thuggery. go tell Vicki Weaver or the Branch Davidians about "excessive force", why don't you?

oh wait, you can't. because we live in a continent sized concentration camp.




70. John Wright January 13, 2017 3:06 AM
I have always wondered why the first time one of them found his powerful idea and his cause was leading him into siding with what he himself despised and knew to be wrong, no friend warned him.


this is a good question:
perhaps if a friend had warned Abraham Lincoln that it was improper for him to attempt to elevate ( extremely limited portions of ) the Declaration of Independence ABOVE the status of Constitutional Law, the lives of some 600,000 Americans could have been spared, eh?

Blogger Avalanche January 13, 2017 10:51 AM  

@75 "As for the Cuban issue, the question is not providing amnesty but freeing Cuba."

No no, I don't CARE!

(Not about Cuba, Cubans, eeeeevil commies ruining their land, all of it! NOT my problem!!)

If THEY want to free Cuba -- let them go away and do it. We'll even rent them some boats!

Blogger Avalanche January 13, 2017 10:54 AM  

@78 "when have Cuban-Americans led the charge to restore the Rights of Englishmen"

Well, they HAVE led the charge to put actual CENSORSHIP into FLA law, does that sorta count?!
(didn't think so....)

Anonymous NateM January 13, 2017 11:08 AM  

@61 Almodavar-

Yea, totally American. That must be why many places in south florida you can't find anyone no speaking spanish, and white people are basically given dirty looks for being there. Feel the Unity.

Blogger Stephen Davenport January 13, 2017 11:12 AM  

So send them back to prison or even death because we want to keep America white, is that you are saying Vox? There is a difference between coming from Cuba or coming from Mexico, a HUGE difference. Sides Cubans tend to be more conservative than their Central American cousins. Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador are free countries, Cuba is not and deserves more consideration than the former. Now if Cuba ever dumps communism and adopts some sort of democracy then I might agree with your position.

Blogger James Dixon January 13, 2017 12:29 PM  

> This is my dirt. I will kill for it.

Perhaps, but if it comes to that you'll also die for it.

> So send them back to prison or even death because we want to keep America white, is that you are saying Vox?

No, he's saying don't give them citizenship.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy January 13, 2017 1:00 PM  

TM Lutas wrote:@20 The actual most likely threat in my estimation is breakdown into warlordism in Cuba a la Somalia and the Caribbean suffering from a piracy problem. I'm much less worried about Russia going back in to support Cuba as a client, or for that matter China (which seems to worry President-Elect Trump more than Russia these days).
As long as the U.S. has a real president and the pirates don't have nukes, they're not our problem and they won't fuck with U.S.-flagged ships more than once. The Liberian Navy and Air Force can look after their own civilian ships.

I don't endorse Stratfor as a company, or their general product. This particular piece of analysis, however, does make sense and is worth a read. The Cuba relevant section is small and not the most important part of the piece.

For the TL;DR crowd, the most important part, imo is the obvious observation that the Mississippi river is big and a long section on why that is important and makes the US do stuff that otherwise wouldn't make any sense.

Hmm. That report is interesting, but I'm not convinced that its reasoning or conclusions are sound, or that even the pizza crowd's actions are explained by it.

There's also a nice section that covers some of the nasty things you can do with targeting immigrants at another country and how the US used that against Mexico back in the day. It's really relevant to the immigration debate and in my experience the pro-immigration people aren't prepared to argue on those grounds at all.
H-1B wogs flood in the same way. All the more reason to send all the Cubans back at once.

Stephen Davenport wrote:So send them back to prison or even death because we want to keep America white, is that you are saying Vox?
If we send back enough of them at once, the Cuban government won't be able to imprison them all. If we send them back armed, they'll defeat and replace the Cuban government.

Blogger Frank Gappa January 13, 2017 3:08 PM  

Obviously a shot at Trump for wanting to build a wall across the Mexican border while being so supportive of Cuban exiles. He is implicitly trying to highlight Trump's hypocrisy over migrations and citizenship. It really is quite pitiful that Obama is going out like this.

Blogger Deep Thought January 13, 2017 4:32 PM  

As one who grew up in Miami in the 70's, Cubans destroyed Miami. The Neighborhoods of my youth are all crime ridden cesspools.

Blogger Ron January 14, 2017 11:02 AM  

@Avalanche

If they want to free cuba let them go away and do it

They tried, they were also promised air support and betrayed. Subsequently, after it was clear that you were weak, the Soviets put nukes there within early striking distance of most of your military installations and cities. You were lucky that your diplomats were able to get thme out, because they could have destroyed you and there wasnt a thing you could have done about it. Afterwards the communists proceeded to wreck havoc on South America using Cuba as an operating base. As they are doing in Venezuela. And those victories encouraged the Left in your own country.

But it is really your decision what to do with Cuba, not mine.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts