ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, January 27, 2017

The winning will continue

The medias, both conservative and mainstream, are shocked and awed to witness Trump actually doing what he said he would do:
In his first frantic week at the White House, Donald Trump is doing almost exactly what he promised to do during his campaign, stunning those who thought he'd adapt his style as president.

Trump has signed an executive order to begin building a wall on the Mexican border and doubled down on his promise to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement and repeal ObamaCare.

Actions to temporarily suspend visas for people coming to the United States from a number of Muslim nations are expected to come soon.

Trump hasn't stopped tweeting either, nor has he quit his habit of launching into new fights seemingly on a whim. Much of his first week in office has been dominated by his claims, without any evidence, that massive voter fraud cost him a popular vote victory to Hillary Clinton. On Wednesday, he announced a “major investigation” into his unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud.

President Obama famously said that "elections have consequences" in explaining to Republicans why he was moving forward with a nearly $1 trillion stimulus plan and his signature healthcare bill. Now Trump is showing Washington and the world the truth of Obama's words.

During the campaign, Trump’s critics dismissed his ambitious agenda as rhetoric that he’d back away from once in office.

If candidate Trump beat the odds and made it to the White House, they said, The Trump Show will surely grind to a halt once he’s confronted with the realities of governing.

It hasn't turned out like that at all.

“Enough all talk, no action. We have to deliver,” Trump told Republican lawmakers Thursday. “This is our chance to achieve great and lasting change for our beloved nation.”
I like that fact that Viceroy Mike Pence has already put Congress on alert that it is not going to be permitted to slow the God-Emperor's onslaught. Donald Trump clearly understands what is at stake, and it appears that he is providing a salient example to other Western leaders, putting some steel in the spine of hitherto unreliable leaders such as British Prime Minister Theresa May, who said "let’s stand together and halt eclipse of the West."

Strong words, although I would have preferred her to say that she is committed to Making England Great Again. If she was wise, she would offer Scotland another vote, encourage them to pursue independence, then have the Parliament vote on Brexit. However, given the Conservative majority in the House of Commons, that's not actually necessary. All she really has to do is refuse to let the MPs vote freely, as the Labor Party is already committed to supporting Brexit by Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, and Parliamentary endorsement for Brexit as well as the invocation of Article 50 will be secured.

Labels: , ,

87 Comments:

Anonymous Bobby Farr January 27, 2017 11:03 AM  

I've read about history's great men but never expected to live to see one.

Blogger pyrrhus January 27, 2017 11:06 AM  

Much of his first week in office has been dominated by his claims, without any evidence, that massive voter fraud cost him a popular vote victory to Hillary Clinton. On Wednesday, he announced a “major investigation” into his unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud.

These people never stop...

Anonymous PinochetsChopperPilot January 27, 2017 11:08 AM  

If we get into his second term, I hope HE is the one that actively starts a real effort to get to, and colonize Mars. It's not too early to actually shoot for that at this point. Before China.

Blogger Joshua_D January 27, 2017 11:15 AM  

SO. MUCH. WINNING.

Blogger TontoBubbaGoldstein January 27, 2017 11:18 AM  

CNN Headline:

"Determination to keep campaign promises verges on obsession inside the Trump White House"

Naturally, to them, this is a bad thing...

Blogger Undocumented Pharmacist January 27, 2017 11:21 AM  

@3 Can you explain to me why we'd want to expend the resources to attempt to do this?

Anonymous Gen. Kong January 27, 2017 11:22 AM  

Recucklickins, ever the shuffling step-n-fetchits to (((limousine leftists))), have been abiding by a consent decree they signed in 1983 which forbids them from taking any actions to oppose vote fraud in dindu districts - because rayciss. Of course a Trump DOJ operates under no such decree and will not be limited to investigating dindu districts either. I read somewhere that there is massive document shredding under way in Californistan.

Blogger kurt9 January 27, 2017 11:23 AM  

In his first frantic week at the White House, Donald Trump is doing almost exactly what he promised to do during his campaign, stunning those who thought he'd adapt his style as president.

That an elected official follows though on his campaign promises and the media and establishment is shocked, shocked I say, indicates just how thoroughly cynical and corrupt such an establishment is. This is simply more grist for the mill and why we need trump more than ever.

Anonymous Fran January 27, 2017 11:26 AM  

I keep hearing "No evidence " of voter fraud. But what about the fact that these sanctuary cities are the same cities with politicians that support no id required for voting. Gee, those same population centers went heavy on Clinton when the rest of state go for Trump. I wonder why. And what about the speech Obama gave that was practically begging them to vote because "that's what makes you American" Grrr.
I know it was only a small part of your point but I just wanted to vent on that particular point.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey January 27, 2017 11:27 AM  

@TontoBubbaGoldstein
CNN Headline:

"Determination to keep campaign promises verges on obsession inside the Trump White House"

Hilarious. Of course, had he failed to rapidly implement his plans, the headline would have been something like:
"Trump Fails to Make Good on Campaign Promises-- Lies vs. Incompetence"

The "Heads I win, tails you lose" school of journalism.

Anonymous Edjamacator January 27, 2017 11:31 AM  

"On Wednesday, he announced a “major investigation” into his unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud."

Ok, I've never read the Hill. Before I bother, are they supposed to be conservative? Or leftist, because if conservative, they need to go. Practically everyone knows by now voter fraud happens. I didn't think anyone but leftists still denied it.

Blogger Salt January 27, 2017 11:31 AM  

"FOX had a live-shot of the White House on the screen, when one of their hosts asked the Don to flash the room’s lights if he’s actually watching.

Within seconds, HE ACTUALLY DID IT.

This is our country now, enjoy."



Anonymous VFM #6306 January 27, 2017 11:33 AM  

You are hearing "no evidence" of voter fraud the same way you are hearing "no evidence" of child sex trafficking by Democrats the same way you are hearing "no evidence" of the NY Times generating Fake News the same way you are hearing "no evidence" of a Trump campaign victory the same way you are hearing "no evidence" of a Clinton illness the same way you are hearing "no evidence" of foul play in the death of Clinton leakers the same way you heard "no evidence" from Charlie Manson's defense team.

When a criminal organization is caught red-handed, you will keep hearing "no evidence" from a hell of a lot of places in the underworld. This should not be unexpected.

Blogger Hen January 27, 2017 11:35 AM  

Claims about voter fraud are anything but "unsubstantiated"--lots of available evidence, even on the surface, of institutionalized voter fraud. This is a must investigate initiative. Thank God!

Blogger Lazarus January 27, 2017 11:39 AM  

There is a story on Drudge about a study that says Clinton received at least 800,000 votes from non citizens.

Also, Debka has a map of the proposed safe zones in Syria. No participation of the UN OR Nato. Just Russia, Turkey and the US.

I can't keep up. Need a day off.

Blogger Dr Caveman January 27, 2017 11:40 AM  

After eight years of Obama, a president actually doing what he promised is headline worthy news

Blogger Dr Caveman January 27, 2017 11:41 AM  

The left is schizophrenic:
No evidence of voter fraud!
OK, then let's implement voter identification laws. No ID, no vote
That's racist!

Blogger The Kurgan January 27, 2017 11:44 AM  

I hope he's also sending squadrons of ninjas to investigate all the pizzagate stuff and then releases a massive nuke from orbit with dozens if not hundreds of very public arrests of all involved just when no one expects it.

Anonymous PinochetsChopperPilot January 27, 2017 11:48 AM  

Undocumented Pharmacist, I don't think it's crazy dystopian sci-fi to believe someday we humans will need or want to leave the planet--for resources, to use as a base to go farther, for population alone. My hope is that we can do the whole colonizing thing with biodomes, terra-farming, etc, and of course, per every disaster flick, if things go south, we will need to decide who goes, who stays and who DOESN'T get to go, either way.

I think if we were smart, we'd get there, set up a society, and use whatever excuse to keep out/away most of what is now known as Africa and the Middle East. With the long commute (four years?) and the logistics, all sorts of arguments can be made to have the colony(ies) have specific criteria which is highly selective.

And yes, you can BET that if we ever do colonize Mars, to any degree beyond basic scientific curiosity--there will be clamoring to make it more "diverse" and "look like earth" and all that. Whites (and possibly Asians) will get there and build it, and 3rd worlders on spaceboats will be trying to get there, metaphorically.

Blogger Hen January 27, 2017 11:49 AM  

If there is no evidence, then why are they in such a rush to insist there be no investigation?

Anonymous Edjamacator January 27, 2017 11:51 AM  

PinochetsChopperPilot wrote:And yes, you can BET that if we ever do colonize Mars, to any degree beyond basic scientific curiosity--there will be clamoring to make it more "diverse" and "look like earth" and all that. Whites (and possibly Asians) will get there and build it, and 3rd worlders on spaceboats will be trying to get there, metaphorically.

So....the Expanse? :)

Anonymous Henry Havelock January 27, 2017 11:52 AM  

2 million Scots voted to remain in the UK on an 85% turnout. 1.6 million voted to remain in the EU on a 67%. It's not wisdom to give in to Sturgeon and give another vote to the Scots over Brexit, it's a betrayal of our nation to short term opportunists and snake-oil salesmen.

Corbyn has no control over his parliamentary party. They've already forced a second leadership election on him and his frontbench pretty much do and say whatever they want. He can enforce a 3-line whip and still see lots of rebels.

That said, Article 50 is definitely going to pass the Commons. Guido Fawkes has a tracker of who has said they'll vote against: https://order-order.com/2017/01/24/article-50-mps-voting/

The danger is in the Lords, who can delay the bill and send it back for further readings. This has all the makings of a constitutional crisis.

Blogger praetorian January 27, 2017 11:57 AM  

> unsubstantiated

The God Emperor's word is its own substantiation.

OpenID elijahrhodes January 27, 2017 11:57 AM  

One of my lefty neighbors told me it's insane that Trump is going to waste money investigating voter fraud. I asked if he supported voter id laws, because that's an inexpensive way to make sure there isn't fraud. Of course he didn't.

Blogger VD January 27, 2017 12:01 PM  

The danger is in the Lords, who can delay the bill and send it back for further readings. This has all the makings of a constitutional crisis.

I'm not concerned. That sort of stupidity would only get the House of Lords abolished.

Blogger Jose January 27, 2017 12:01 PM  

VD: "putting some spine in the steel of hitherto unreliable leaders"

Do you mean "putting some steel in the spine of hitherto unreliable leaders"?

Also, Lubos Motl has an interesting reaction to the reactions to immigration policies: http://motls.blogspot.com/2017/01/student-visas-dont-guarantee-permanent.html

Blogger Ingot9455 January 27, 2017 12:03 PM  

The great thing about voter id laws is that they put the suspicion on the poll workers, ie, Party Member rank and file. If a precinct comes up with fraud then you can put the people who were supposed to be eyeballing the IDs and didn't in jail.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd January 27, 2017 12:05 PM  

Is it necessary, or even wise, to invoke Article 50? Britain is sovereign, they don't need to run to Brussels for permission to go their own way. Certainly Brussels needs Britain far more than Britain needs Brussels.

Blogger Al From Bay Shore January 27, 2017 12:06 PM  

OT: Twitter just suspended Sargon of Akkad.

Blogger Al From Bay Shore January 27, 2017 12:09 PM  

OT: PJW is saying that Sargon was banned.

Blogger TheLiberatorOfBados January 27, 2017 12:09 PM  

29. Yeah, just saw that. He doesn't know why, maybe his popularity and his scathing criticism of the Left despite being a Lefty himself has upset the SJWs in Twitter.

Blogger pyrrhus January 27, 2017 12:09 PM  

@28 As the Queen suggested, I believe, the UK could just say "bye" and shut off immigration...The EU would have to come crawling to them, because the UK's markets are crucial....

Blogger Jose January 27, 2017 12:10 PM  

@29: OT: Twitter just suspended Sargon of Akkad.

Twitter should just get serious about this: using a classifier algorithm to map users into the political spectrum and then removing the rightmost 20%; then repeat as necessary.

I'm sure that'll work out well in the end.

(See also: contraction mappings in compact spaces, or "didn't anyone learn anything from the CRM debacles of the 1990s?")

Anonymous Patron January 27, 2017 12:17 PM  

If she was wise, she would offer Scotland another vote, encourage them to pursue independence, then have the Parliament vote on Brexit.

You assume the Scots would vote for independence, but between fears of being out of the EU *and* out of the UK (NVM any British identity), they might well prefer to stay. One theory with the SNP is that they don't really want independence, because then they couldn't live off English taxes and would have to actually make Scotland work - however, if only to appease the lunatic fringe, they have to keep up the charade.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the SNP once the UK is actually out of the EU, because they won't then be able to fall back on their (admittedly stupid) "we'll still be in the EU" argument, and Spain etc will be there to block them from rejoining (due to Catalonia).

= = =

@5

Guido Fawkes documents the same thing this side of the pond. "UK experiences something good - despite Brexit" is the headline half the time :P .

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) January 27, 2017 12:19 PM  

9. Fran January 27, 2017 11:26 AM
I keep hearing "No evidence " of voter fraud. But what about the fact that


...Obama told illegals to vote?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLt-a6dI_0&feature=youtu.be&t=3m20s


Shitlibs will try to lie to you and say that Obama did NOT tell illegals to vote. pay close attention to the question and the answer.

SHE specifically asks about whether or not "Dreamers" ( jumped the border while under age ) and "undocumented" people should be concerned that attempting to vote could get them deported.

SHE considers them 'citizens' because ... they contribute to society? notice the complete and total abrogation of the Law which she is engaging in here.

Obama runs with her unlawful, illegal and Treasonous definition of 'citizen' ( someone who is physically present with the geographic borders of the US and thus, 'contributing', whatever the fuck that means )

tells the illegal 'citizen' that they SHOULD vote. and notes that other undocumented ( that is ILLEGAL ) members of the household should have no concerns about deportation.

WHY should an illegal EVER be unconcerned about deportation? because Obama committed Treason to the Nation and unilaterally ordered the Immigration to abrogate the Law?

oh.

Blogger modsquad January 27, 2017 12:21 PM  

pyrrhus wrote:@28 As the Queen suggested, I believe, the UK could just say "bye" and shut off immigration...The EU would have to come crawling to them, because the UK's markets are crucial....
The UK's markets are crucial in the same way Spain's market is crucial: meaning they're not. What's crucial is the City of London's hold on the financial reigns of the West.

Anonymous Anonymous January 27, 2017 12:21 PM  

Many the media are repeating over and over Trump is a liar. They ignore that he is actually doing what he said he would. My understanding is that he said it was his opinion that there were millions of illegal votes. He is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong he may be, that does not make him a liar.

Blogger Erynne January 27, 2017 12:26 PM  

At this point, if he appoints a special prosecutor to look into the Clintons than I will be absolutely stunned and ecstatic.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd January 27, 2017 12:27 PM  

modsquad wrote:The UK's markets are crucial in the same way Spain's market is crucial: meaning they're not. What's crucial is the City of London's hold on the financial reigns of the West.

Who exports more to whom?

Anonymous Henry Havelock January 27, 2017 12:28 PM  

@25

It's incredibly unlikely that anyone currently in the House of Commons would ever abolish the House of Lords. You are right not to be concerned - the function of the Lords is to delay and not to block.

There is a real danger that there is enough support in parliament for some kind of concession that guarantees all EU citizens currently here the right of residence in the UK. This doesn't rid us of the "Dutch" and "Swedish" Somalis who bleed our welfare system, or the c. 200,000 Roma gypsies who have taken over begging patches from our own indigenous homeless, or the Bulgarian and Romanian workmen who hang around in car parks early in the morning looking for day work. This is what all the promises from the SNP about "tabling 50 amendments" to the bill are about.

May refuses to be drawn on this question but she is a globalist feminist who legitimised Sharia courts during her time as Home Secretary.

@36

Ridiculous. UK GDP is more than $1 trillion more than Spain.

Anonymous Rory January 27, 2017 12:28 PM  

@22 @34 Aye, I don't see much happening with Scotland. It's not like they were on the knife-edge of leaving last time, and I don't see the EU allowing them to join, or them wanting to join without the favourable terms they have at the moment as part of the UK (or, as is pointed out, Spain allowing this kind of thing to encourage Catalonia).

That said, I always find myself laughing at Ireland - all this talk of escaping the yolk of British rule, only to join the EU. I'd laugh my arse off at those proud hypocrites if Scotland did the same.

Blogger pyrrhus January 27, 2017 12:29 PM  

@36 You are seriously misinformed if you think that Spain is remotely comparable to the EU in wealth, population or market demand. Germany and France would instantly enter depressions without the UK's demand for luxury goods of all kinds. Germany has a large trade surplus with the UK due largely to sales of luxury automobiles...

Blogger pyrrhus January 27, 2017 12:31 PM  

For example, few families in Spain have clothes dryers...

Blogger pyrrhus January 27, 2017 12:33 PM  

Scotland declaring independence would be an additional benefit to the UK, as Scotland is currently a welfare sink.

Anonymous Patron January 27, 2017 12:36 PM  

@36 - I'm not sure that the UK's markets are *crucial*, but @41 and others are correct that the rest of the EU has a big trade surplus with the UK, and losing that trade would really hurt them. Not to mention losing access to the City of London would be a huge blow to our investment expertise etc. If they cut off their noses to spite their face, they might just find themselves in another big recession to boot.

= = =

@40 - I agree it's tempting to laugh, but you just know the buggers would invade half of Africa to Scotland, then let them move south :P . England would have to rebuild Hadrian's Wall :D ...

Blogger demo January 27, 2017 12:42 PM  

I hope the visa restrictions/cancellations from the muslim countries also include student visas. I am a full-time college student and our campus is crawling with arab-speaking, burqa-wearing students. The burqa, by the way, is something that has blown up (heh) on the scene within the last year alone. Not sure if that has to do with the number of arab/muslim males on campus intimidating some of the females back into their "senses".... or not.

Anonymous Jack Amok January 27, 2017 12:45 PM  

Can you explain to me why we'd want to expend the resources to attempt to do this [colonize Mars]?"

The answer to that question will never make sense to anyone who would ask it.

Anonymous CarpeOro January 27, 2017 12:49 PM  

No evidence of voter fraud? In Chicago the local new ran a segment BEFORE the election showing one guy who was voting three times (using the id of at least one dead person, another was fake). Voting fraud is a tradition in Chicago, just like the Mob connections of elected politicians since before Kennedy (who only won the presidency from the grave vote in Chicago, would have lost Illinois otherwise).

Blogger Cail Corishev January 27, 2017 12:53 PM  

Maybe if they call the evidence of vote fraud "unsubstaniated" enough times in enough ways, it will go away.

"Trump hasn't stopped tweeting either, nor has he quit his habit of launching into new fights seemingly on a whim."

If he's doing these things on a whim, his whims are amazingly accurate.

I like that fact that Viceroy Mike Pence has already put Congress on alert that it is not going to be permitted to slow the God-Emperor's onslaught.

Absolutely. I took Ryan's announcement that Congress would meet to hear Trump a month from now as an attempt to slow his momentum, hoping that he would delay major actions until he could present them to their augustnesses. Trump just responds with, "End of February? Cool, that gives me a free month to get things done without you guys underfoot. See you then."

Blogger Elocutioner January 27, 2017 12:56 PM  

14 (b). The Alt Right believes we must secure space for the existence of white people and a future for white children.

Hopefully we'll stamp out the civic nationalist delusion in time so we don't unnecessarily send stupid problems to orbit. (In space nobody can you hear you cuck. Because they shoved you out the airlock.)

Anonymous It's 2015+2 January 27, 2017 1:05 PM  

Can anyone comment on this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/01/26/constitutional-problems-with-trumps-executive-order-on-sanctuary-cities/?utm_term=.5962a886c09f

Anonymous coyote January 27, 2017 1:14 PM  

@Equation - you are one cold equation, dude. : ))

Blogger Cail Corishev January 27, 2017 1:14 PM  

Can you explain to me why we'd want to expend the resources to attempt to do this [colonize Mars]?

Because it would be really freaking cool.

Also not that expensive. The live-off-the-land plan from Zubrin and the Mars Society (look up Mars Direct) would fit in NASA's current budget, so unless we're going to abolish NASA entirely, we might as well have it do something more useful than hunt for nonexistent evidence of global warming.

Anonymous coyote January 27, 2017 1:17 PM  

@elocutioner- misread your handle - my bad. your post made me think of the old SF novel !

Blogger Jack Ward January 27, 2017 1:20 PM  

@18
Trump probably will have to wait until Sessions is confirmed before releasing the hounds.
There is a reason the likes of McConnell and others in the senate are trying delaying tactics like the week long 'retreat' That word retreat has a certain ring to it, does in not?

Anonymous Mahbahlzr Richey January 27, 2017 1:25 PM  

Asking this question is like saying "I am still alive and I don't go to the gym, so why should I go the gym?" An aggressive space program will help our collective intelligence, economics, spirit, and more in the same way that being physically fit will proactively help the body's health.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer January 27, 2017 1:26 PM  

Jack Ward wrote:@18

Trump probably will have to wait until Sessions is confirmed before releasing the hounds.

There is a reason the likes of McConnell and others in the senate are trying delaying tactics like the week long 'retreat' That word retreat has a certain ring to it, does in not?


I am disappointed that Trump didn't leverage Prebus and stage a coup in the Senate. McConnell may be entrenched, but if the RNC threatened to withhold money from any Senator who voted for him as leader it would have been all over.

Blogger Eric Mueller January 27, 2017 1:28 PM  

So far, our God Emperor has been a wet dream come true. No more TPP. NAFTA will be renegotiated. We will have the wall. Chicago better get its damn murder rate under control. I saw a headline that Miami dropped its "sanctuary city" status. Holy crap. The winning feels great. And that's only the first week. Wait until he REALLY gets to work.

Anonymous PinochetsChopperPilot January 27, 2017 1:31 PM  

If we ever did colonize Mars and had any kind of covert selectivity for our people, you can bet the liberals of earth would be trying to get there, "because we heard they have better schools".

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Hair January 27, 2017 1:35 PM  

"For example, few families in Spain have clothes dryers..."

@46 Yep. When I lived there, I remember seeing ads on TV for dryers costing only 500€!

I had to hang mine on a clothesline.

Blogger Elocutioner January 27, 2017 1:42 PM  

@coyote - thanks.

Space control is also of strategic military importance. It's do it first or be at the mercy of the Chinese (eventually). No thank you. Let's do this and reap the near infinite rewards and control our own destiny. We just want to be left alone to do our thing and nobody can stop us if we're the only ones up there.

Blogger Timmy3 January 27, 2017 1:55 PM  

Interesting that Congress needs another month to repeal and replace Obamacare. Republicans were in the majority for 6 years and wanted to repeal it without replacement. Now that they have their chance, they delay. Health Care doesn't need a new bureaucracy or regulations. Just stay out of the insurance markets and health care. Remove the barriers to cheap health care.

Blogger Lazarus January 27, 2017 1:56 PM  

Trump and Nieto reportedly talked on the phone for an hour. I kinda thought the cancellation was more or less just politcal theater to mollify Nieto's people.

Blogger SteelPalm January 27, 2017 2:10 PM  

@50

Can anyone comment on this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/01/26/constitutional-problems-with-trumps-executive-order-on-sanctuary-cities/?utm_term=.5962a886c09f


I can! The writer, Ilya Somin, was a Facebook friend back when I had an account. While an intelligent man on some matters and a (genuinely tolerant) man of the Left, he is also a rabid, unreasoning Trump Hater who denigrates anything and everything the God Emperor does.

Pay no heed to Ilya's lies and hysteria on the matter, which stem from a combination of personal animus as well as virtue-signaling for the increasingly totalitarian leftist George Mason University he teaches at.

This is the same place where the guy behind The People's Cube, Oleg Atbashian, was arrested for putting up pro-Israeli, anti-jihad posters, since this made him a "right-wing extremist terrorist";

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/16/peoples-cube-artist-faces-5-years-in-jail-for-hanging-up-anti-terror-posters-at-gmu/

Also, Vox, I think you are seriously misjudging Theresa May. She appears to be another Frau Merkel;

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/01/26/britains-theresa-may-in-u-s-uses-daesh-instead-of-islamic-state-proclaims-belief-in-liberty-despite-expanding-uk-surveillance-state/

Blogger Elocutioner January 27, 2017 2:15 PM  

@61 The GOPe doesn't want it repealed or it would have been already. McConnell and Ryan are part of that Chamber of Commerce cabal. If insurance costs are crippling it is even more crippling for the crony capitalists' smaller rivals who can't afford their own senators to carve out legislative exceptions. If it's removed and FDR's handiwork is undone and it goes back to being market-based rather than a regulated and taxed benefit it's a level playing field and they'll have to raise wages to compete. So the American worker gets screwed and big business gets special treatment. And it's complicated enough that the average Joe knows something is up but isn't savvy enough to put his finger on it. Good luck getting the corporate lugenpresse to badmouth the structure and design of Obamacare.

Blogger Ingot9455 January 27, 2017 2:38 PM  

@56 McConnell must have come through for Trump voter-wise or on other things. He was rewarded with his wife being given Secretary of Transportation.

Kentucky came in 62%-32% for Trump, beating Romney's performance. Who knows what else he's done behind the scenes besides his usual faithless cuckery.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 27, 2017 2:39 PM  

"How dare you, you have no evidence of that!" is a very real tell in criminal investigations. When accused, the innocent are usually confused. They think the system works. The guilty are already arguing before the jury in their heads.

Blogger BassmanCO January 27, 2017 2:43 PM  

Somewhat OT, but related to the winning, I received this email from my dad today:

When asked what he thinks about General Mattis being sworn in as Secretary of Defense, Rob O’Neill (the man who killed Bin Laden) said:

“General Mattis has a bear rug in his home, but it's not dead. It's just afraid to move.”

Blogger Ingot9455 January 27, 2017 2:46 PM  

@50 In addition, keep in mind that many programs from the Feds are written with discretion. (Some big ones are not.) They are written such that, if the Feds like what you are doing, they have the ability to send you money for such and such program.
Well guess what? If the Feds find you in violation of the report-on-illegal-immigrants statute, they say, "Because you are in violation of statute, we exercise our discretion to withhold funds for your UBWF (underwater basket weaving for felons) program."

Cities can try taking those to court but it'll be just the same way that the Feds removed highway funds from states that didn't enforce a 55 MPH highway speed limit.

The big programs like Medicaid/Medicare/SCHIP with various federal rebates/assistances, those have less in the way of discretion. But the executive order can hurt a Sanctuary City plenty without coming close to the constitutional line.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 27, 2017 2:55 PM  

pyrrhus wrote:For example, few families in Spain have clothes dryers...
Clothes dryers are a necessity in England, and a luxury in Spain.

Re:Mars
We have to go because Atheists need something bigger than themselves to believe in. That's why none of them can articulate a real reason. They aren't mystical or irrational, of course, but singularity, space colonization, etc! We will become as gods!

Anonymous BBigGayKoranBurner January 27, 2017 2:59 PM  

I've read about history's great men but never expected to live to see one.

When I found out an army was sent to stop Napoleon who was traveling alone, who end up leading it, I realized all the good parts of history got ignored in school.

On Wednesday, he announced a “major investigation” into his unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud.

And CA moved to destroy evidence. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/01/25/california-officials-instruct-state-dmv-programmers-to-remove-undocumented-alien-flags-on-drivers-licenses/

That link came up as a 404, here is the article. https://archive.fo/bDr46

"Determination to keep campaign promises verges on obsession inside the Trump White House"

If nothing else trust TRUMP's ego will follow thru on campaign promises.

Practically everyone knows by now voter fraud happens. I didn't think anyone but leftists still denied it

Even Bernie Bros believe now.

colonize Mars... Whites (and possibly Asians) will get there and build it, and 3rd worlders on spaceboats will be trying to get there

As long as they have black women doing the math to get them to mars there will be no problem, like the hoax movie Hidden Figures

One of my lefty neighbors told me it's insane that Trump is going to waste money investigating voter fraud

Tell him the best way to save money is to stop importing 3rd world refusegees. Compared to Asians & Whites everyone else is medically needy.

If a precinct comes up with fraud then you can put the people who were supposed to be eyeballing the IDs and didn't in jail.

Even better if it uses an ID swipe thing cops could come and arrest felons who try to vote.

So far, our God Emperor has been a wet dream come true. No more TPP. NAFTA will be renegotiated. We will have the wall.

If TRUMP does Nationwide Carry I will buy a 50 cal pistol just to wear on visits to NYC.

Blogger modsquad January 27, 2017 3:02 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:modsquad wrote:The UK's markets are crucial in the same way Spain's market is crucial: meaning they're not. What's crucial is the City of London's hold on the financial reigns of the West.

Who exports more to whom?


We're playing Texas Hold 'Em and you're only looking at the two cards in your hand, ignoring the up cards on the table. Bet those pair of 10s you're holding, they're going to get mauled.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 27, 2017 3:18 PM  

EU does what Volkswagen, Daimler and Siemens want. No way they want a trade war with UK, so it won't happen.

Anonymous BBGKB January 27, 2017 3:55 PM  

Gun related: TRUMP might let silencers be cheap/legal but SD Tactical gets shut down for selling parts to make them

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/26/breaking-sd-tactical-shut-selling-solvent-trap-parts/

Blogger Jed Mask January 27, 2017 4:04 PM  

Go Mr. President! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Bro. Jed

Blogger digra January 27, 2017 5:49 PM  

I can't read Theresa May. Can't trust her even though she talks as good a game as most (career) politicians, considering she is PM basically by virtue of sitting on the fence then seizing her opportunity. Very stoic, and at times determined in her addresses.

Blogger Lazarus January 27, 2017 7:38 PM  

Theresa May before being PM


https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/27/theresa-may-profile-beyond-the-public-image

Blogger Were-Puppy January 27, 2017 7:40 PM  

@18 The Kurgan
I hope he's also sending squadrons of ninjas to investigate all the pizzagate stuff and then releases a massive nuke from orbit with dozens if not hundreds of very public arrests of all involved just when no one expects it.
---

#PizzaGate and "Lock her up" are the two biggies I hope he has his people dig into.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 27, 2017 7:42 PM  

@19 PinochetsChopperPilot
And yes, you can BET that if we ever do colonize Mars, to any degree beyond basic scientific curiosity--there will be clamoring to make it more "diverse" and "look like earth" and all that. Whites (and possibly Asians) will get there and build it, and 3rd worlders on spaceboats will be trying to get there, metaphorically.
---
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fimages%2Fspacecraft_rickety_rocket3.jpg&f=1

Blogger Were-Puppy January 27, 2017 7:52 PM  

@57 Eric Mueller

Wait until he REALLY gets to work.
---

A while ago I felt the earth trembling. Flipped on the TV and Trump and Pence were swearing in Mad Dog :P

Blogger Were-Puppy January 27, 2017 7:53 PM  

@58 PinochetsChopperPilot
If we ever did colonize Mars and had any kind of covert selectivity for our people, you can bet the liberals of earth would be trying to get there, "because we heard they have better schools".
---

Let's go ahead and plan on "airlocking" these useless libtards.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 27, 2017 7:56 PM  

@62 Lazarus
Trump and Nieto reportedly talked on the phone for an hour. I kinda thought the cancellation was more or less just politcal theater to mollify Nieto's people.
---

I saw some funny tweets yesterday about it.

Ann Coulter tweeted something like "come on up and visit. It's just like Mexico, but with more Mexicans"

A parody of Spicer tweeted something like "Now what are we going to do with all these Trump Taco Bowls we were going to serve at the meeting?"

Anonymous Just another commenter January 27, 2017 8:29 PM  

@76 - From the article: Does she care what other people think of her?
"No," comes the answer. "Not at all."


Trying to restrain immigration. Investigating a police / child abuse scandle. "She comes across as straightforward, shrewd and reassuringly staid."

Sounds good so far. Maybe in eight years there will be many Regan/Thacher to Trump/May comparisons. We should be so lucky.

Anonymous Just another commenter January 27, 2017 8:30 PM  

@80 - Nah. Too much carbon buildup on the valves.

Anonymous Satan's Hamster January 27, 2017 8:46 PM  

"Let's go ahead and plan on "airlocking" these useless libtards."

Yes. SJWs won't last long in a world where they're reliant on the right for air to breathe.

However, Mars is really a dead end. I'd rather dismantle an asteroid and build a self-contained habitat millions of miles from the nearest SJW.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 27, 2017 10:59 PM  

Jed Mask wrote:Go Mr. President! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Funny, that's what I was saying 8 days ago.

Anonymous VFM #6306 January 28, 2017 10:08 PM  

Federal Judge blocks deportations...

...deport the judge.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts