ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

National Security Adviser Flynn resigns

Flynn did the right thing and resigned from the Trump administration as a result of his having provided "incomplete information" to Pence and the transition team:
Michael Flynn abruptly resigned as President Donald Trump's national security adviser Monday night, hours after it was learned that the Justice Department informed the White House that it believed he could be subject to blackmail.

Retired Army Gen. Keith Kellogg, a top policy adviser for Trump's presidential campaign, was appointed acting national security adviser, the White House said in a statement announcing Flynn's replacement....

Flynn's status was considered perilous after it was disclosed that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other senior officials about his communications with Sergei Kislyak, Russia's ambassador to the United States.

"Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the President and the Vice President, and they have accepted my apology," Flynn said in his resignation letter.
That's exactly what I said that he should do if the reports that he had lied were true. And, as I also mentioned, I don't see it as a loss to the God-Emperor at all, because Flynn was heavily influenced by the neocons, and by Michael Ledeen in particular. With him out, and Eliot Abrams being rejected, I anticipate that some of the pressure to instigate trouble with Iran will be reduced.

The opposition media will consider this a scalp and will try to make the most of it, and they will fail to recognize what I pointed out before the inauguration, which is that the Trump administration is almost certainly going to have record turnover, as the God-Emperor will quickly remove subordinates in whom he loses confidence or trust. It worked for him during the campaign and it will work for him in office.

Some, like Mike Cernovich, see this as a form of cucking and as a major strategic victory for the media:
The fake news media had been going after Flynn for months, and for nonsense. In November they had a special on CNN about me simply because the General recommended Gorilla Mindset (which has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon and has been read my countless veterans).

Flynn was always a target because only he, Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, and Stephen Miller are in touch with Trump’s base.

Trump should have disbanded the White House Press Corps, as I advised. This lack of access would have put CNN on the state playing field as an ordinary blog. They’d be starved for ad revenue.

Tonight was a major stategic defeat. The fake news media and so-called #TheResistance are inspired.
I disagree. Trump has always been very clear that he prizes loyalty above all else, even performance. His handling of Flynn is no different than the way he handled Chris Christie; as I mentioned on GabTV last night, if Flynn did lie to Pence, or intentionally mislead him, then he absolutely had to resign. If I'd been in Trump's position, I wouldn't have hesitated to ask for Flynn's resignation myself; no president who is as surrounded by internal and external opposition as he is can afford to have anyone in his inner circle whom he cannot fully trust. The media may be inspired by the resignation, but remember, they were inspired and excited about Trump firing two campaign managers too. How did that work out for them?

What did I tell you even before the God-Emperor took office?

"The God-Emperor is absolutely ruthless when it comes to taking action on underperforming team members. He doesn't care how it looks, he just shuffles the deck and draws." 
- 11 November, 2016

So, why are you even remotely surprised? I don't see Flynn's departure as a loss to the administration, but rather, a potentially substantive gain. The one reason I was always a little dubious about him - his enthusiasm for Gorilla Mindset notwithstanding - was the fact that he was the one member of the administration about whom the neocons were always they most enthusiastic. Look at who is most lamenting his resignation now:
Gen. Flynn is the hardest of hardliners with respect to Russia within the Trump camp. In his 2016 book Field of Fight (co-authored with PJ Media's Michael Ledeen), Flynn warned of "an international alliance of evil movements and countries that is working to destroy us....The war is on. We face a working coalition that extends from North Korea and China to Russia, Iran, Syria, Syria, Cuba, Bolivia, Venezuela and Nicaragua." The unsubstantiated allegation that he presides over a "leaky" National Security Council tilting towards Russia makes no sense. The only leaks of which we know are politically motivated reports coming from the intelligence community designed to disrupt the normal workings of a democratic government--something that raises grave constitutional issues.

Flynn is the one senior U.S. intelligence officer with the guts to blow the whistle on a series of catastrophic intelligence and operational failures. The available facts point to the conclusion that elements of the humiliated (and perhaps soon-to-be-unemployed) intelligence community is trying to exact vengeance against a principled and patriotic officer. When the Turkish smear against Flynn came out in November, I smelled a rat. The present affair stinks like a dumpster full of dead rats.
Why on Earth would we want the hardest of hardliners with respect to Russia in the administration? Russia is not the problem, and if Americans had wanted a continuation of the Bush-Obama foreign policy against the Axis of Evil, and eventual war with Russia, they would have elected Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump.

Labels: ,

133 Comments:

Anonymous Icicle February 14, 2017 4:31 AM  

But Trump is just a Bannon puppet! The news said so!

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable February 14, 2017 4:40 AM  

Yeah, I don't see anything to get excited about here. Mike C. seems a little worked up, but he went all-in on speculating that the MSM reports were false in a D&P post a few days ago, which must be a little irritating.

Oh well, he nailed the election. You can't be right every time.

Anonymous Philipp February 14, 2017 4:51 AM  

I agree with your take. A war with Iran is the last thing the U.S. needs now. It would completely derail the Trump administration. The neocons would be happy of course.

Trump should listen to Bill Lind and Martin van Creveld.

Blogger Phillip George February 14, 2017 4:53 AM  

On the issue of man made disasters it is looking particularly bad at the Orville Dam /is happening right now. Why pick up on this?

You are Alt Media News. Jim Stone is under ICANN attack right now DIRECT IP ACCESS: 82.221.129.208
Or try web sits JImstone.is or jimstonefreelance.com

Reason to run with this early. If this dam breaks it will amount to the most expensive disaster in US history. Jim is calling it sabotage.

If it is sabotage it is an act of War. 4G or next generation/ does it matter? Look up Saints. Pick this up early.

Blogger Rory Hodgson February 14, 2017 5:06 AM  

The storm will pass.

Bless Cerno, but it's quite ironic that he talks about not feeding the media machine, and then writes a piece about how dangerous they are.

Just take it like a man. Flynn is gone. Trump will adjust. He's a man reliant on advisors, like any leader, but he isn't cemented by them. He isn't Bush Jnr with a perfect team assembled for a grand unified strategy - he has a strategy, and he's gonna use whoever will help him do it best, who can help him navigate the terrain. The moment they're more trouble than they're with, they're gone. Simple. Easy.

Buckle up kids. We've got way more wilds to track yet!

Blogger Rentaghost okish February 14, 2017 5:15 AM  

Yes Flynn lied, yes he had to go,and no it's not a death blow to the Trump administration. But today the opposition just sacked our QB...

Anonymous simplytimothy February 14, 2017 5:21 AM  

when neocons wail it is a good sign. Spengler, Rothman, Commentary,CIA us an interesting stir if the pot.

Who to replace him?

Blogger Stilicho February 14, 2017 5:27 AM  

Meh. Perhaps we'll get a NSA who understands the Chinese threat and the need for cooperation with Russia against it.

P.s. Don't lie to the god-emperor.

Anonymous EH February 14, 2017 5:33 AM  

(From the last thread:)

I thought it was a bad sign when Ziocon Flynn came on board and hoped he wouldn't last, but his appointment soothed the fears of some very dangerous people in the deep state during the critical transition period. This "scandal" provides a pretext to get rid of him, but I don't like letting the media feel like they got a win, especially with so little effort and such a nothing allegation. OTOH, maybe it'll take the edge off their desperation for a news cycle or so.

Blogger Jamie-R February 14, 2017 5:36 AM  

The hardest of hardliners? The dude is sitting next to Putin at the 10 year anniversary of Russia's intentionally subversive Russia Today news channel. On RT I can respect the Russian point of view these days with the rats & traitors we're dealing with in the Anglo World, but Flynn strikes me as a high-valued spy for the Russians. Obviously he was in a key position to help them without Trump's assistance.

Anonymous Rocklea February 14, 2017 5:37 AM  

Alex Jones reckons Reince Priebus is on the outs too. We will see.

Blogger SemiSpook37 February 14, 2017 5:40 AM  

Part of me thinks this is a trial balloon. Sure, Flynn did fuck up, and did the honorable thing and resigned, but it puts a signal out to those in the administration that incompetence, even if it's an accidental slip up, will not be tolerated.

I think Prebus just got put on notice by Flynn resigning.

Blogger Stilicho February 14, 2017 5:43 AM  

Priebus is the go between for the GOPe. If the GOPe are going to openly join their life partners at the DNC in openly opposing Trump, then they'll lose their seat at the table and Priebus will be gone. Until then, I doubt it.

Blogger Lazarus February 14, 2017 5:48 AM  

Flynn warned of "an international alliance of evil movements and countries that is working to destroy us....The war is on. We face a working coalition that extends from North Korea and China to Russia, Iran, Syria, Syria, Cuba, Bolivia, Venezuela and Nicaragua."

No paranoia there. Minus China and Russia, the only thing the countries mentioned in this list seem capable of destroying is themselves. Do you stay up at night worrying about what Venezuela is plotting?

Anonymous Icicle February 14, 2017 5:52 AM  

but his appointment soothed the fears of some very dangerous people in the deep state during the critical transition period.

Who?

Anonymous TLM February 14, 2017 6:00 AM  

Flynn was a neocon, Flynn reads Cernovich, Cernovich is the Gutenberg of the Neocons. Now I can pinpoint why I've never cared for Cernovich.

Blogger Lazarus February 14, 2017 6:16 AM  

Icicle wrote:Who?

The nefarious ones.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 6:19 AM  

Flynn was a neocon, Flynn reads Cernovich, Cernovich is the Gutenberg of the Neocons. Now I can pinpoint why I've never cared for Cernovich.

That makes zero sense. Plenty of neocons read here too. I tend to assume that Mike's enthusiasm for Flynn had considerably more to do with Flynn's appreciation for Gorilla Mindset than his hard-core positions on Iran and Russia.

The limits of the binary thinker are never more apparent than when multiple variables are involved.

Anonymous TLM February 14, 2017 6:27 AM  

Relax, it was a joke.

Blogger Jamie-R February 14, 2017 6:35 AM  

Flynn's appreciation for Gorilla Mindset

Speaking of which, unless Baked Alaska has a million & one troll accounts (he probably does but still) I was amused when I came across a political comment on a You Tube video from user "Baboon Brainframe". I had to immediately send observation to Josh with the tag #VoxsMates

Blogger Benjamin Kraft February 14, 2017 6:36 AM  

@19. That's what they all say, TLM.

Anonymous Spergatron 9000 February 14, 2017 6:43 AM  

"19. Anonymous TLM February 14, 2017 6:27 AM
Relax, it was a joke."



But jokes are supposed to make people laugh.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 6:48 AM  

Relax, it was a joke.

Just kidding, he said, after failing to achieve the desired reaction. To say nothing of the false imputation of the other party being upset and needing to relax.

Verdict: Gamma

Anonymous weston February 14, 2017 6:51 AM  

"The hardest of hard-liners"

He was as practical and non-ideological as one can be that far up in the Empire's military complex.

"sacked our quarterback"

More like blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. All the Soros fronts are supremely happy. They didn't even have to work up a sweat to take out a big name. Throwing your wounded into the water tends to bring more sharks, not satiate the existing ones.

Blogger Happy LP9 February 14, 2017 6:51 AM  

Flynn Jr. is on Gab, I wonder what he will comment.

POTUS DJT has a positive duality, he is very ZFG, values loyalty, thick skinned. It is unfortunate Flynn did resign, it will be exciting to see whos the replacement. Even more intersting will be POTUS Trump and Yellen sparing.

Blogger J A Baker February 14, 2017 6:55 AM  

Yes the media will spin this as a victory, and it will embolden them to go after others on Trump's team calling for their resignation at every perceived indiscretion. Granted, this is the same petty media that created fake news and by suggesting the Grammy's were racist because a white woman won more awards than a black woman. How anyone can take these sycophants seriously anymore is beyond me.

However Trump handled it well IMO when he blocked out the major news networks during his press conference with Trudeau, though if Spicer holds a preserve today it's sure to be colorful to say the least.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer February 14, 2017 6:56 AM  

I would agree he has to go. On the next one the media goes after (likely Bannon) Trump needs to dig in to show that he isn't going to be influenced by them and that there really needs to be fire and not just smoke.

Prebus is safe until McConnell or Ryan visibly buck Trumps agenda hard. Once that happens Prebus will be jettisoned and all out war will be declared on the GOPe. I think this is going to happen eventually because the GOPe can't help themselves.

Blogger Duke Norfolk February 14, 2017 6:56 AM  

I know very little about this whole thing, as I just haven't spent the time tracking it and it's not in my interest wheelhouse, so to speak.

But when I saw this what popped into my head was, "accountability, what a concept." As Vox said, we're liable to see huge turnover with Trump instead of the usual B.S. where top officials have to practically kill a baby on main street to ever pay for a mistake with their job.

This will pass very quickly, and I see no reason to get all foamy as Cernovich is doing. Strange to see this reaction from him. He's giving the media what they want.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 14, 2017 6:59 AM  

Flynn just isn't that big of a loss. In terms of public perception, he's no Kissinger. He's not even a Condi.

Looking over the twitter feeds there is some ritual dancing in the endzone by the SJWs but they clearly don't know why there are supposed to be dancing. There's no energy behind it.

Anonymous Yann February 14, 2017 7:02 AM  

But Trump is just a Bannon puppet! The news said so!

I wonder is the media realizes that every time they say "president Bannon", they make Bannon look more presidential. They can regret that in 8 years from now.

Anonymous VFM #0265 February 14, 2017 7:02 AM  

Relax, it was a joke.

And the Secret King triumphs once again. Wow.... Gamma.

Anonymous Rocklea February 14, 2017 7:03 AM  

I think Mike is right, in that the oppomedia will be celebrating a 'great victory', but what else is new? They try and do that everyday. Today there's just a bit more meat on the bone is all. Like Mike though, some of the base will be disheartened. I remember during the election cycle, on some of the multiple times Trump was 'destroyed' I would anxiously be waiting for Alt media's take on things, particularly Stefan's. Now he in office I am bit more chilled. Things are going nicely.

Anonymous VFM #0265 February 14, 2017 7:04 AM  

The war is on. We face a working coalition that extends from North Korea and China to Russia, Iran, Syria, Syria, Cuba, Bolivia, Venezuela and Nicaragua.

You mentioned Syria twice.

"I LIKE Syria." lol

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 7:09 AM  

I think Mike is right, in that the oppomedia will be celebrating a 'great victory', but what else is new? They try and do that everyday.

Exactly. Who cares?

More like blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. All the Soros fronts are supremely happy. They didn't even have to work up a sweat to take out a big name. Throwing your wounded into the water tends to bring more sharks, not satiate the existing ones.

They didn't take him out. He took himself out. Misleading Pence was dumb enough, doing so when you know the call is being recorded and there will be transcripts provided to the individual you are misleading is SJW-level idiocy. It's not merely his trustworthiness that is questionable, it's his judgment.

Anonymous VFM #6306 February 14, 2017 7:18 AM  

I'm sure that Trump is so distraught over this that he'll finally cave to the media and name an NSA they'll love.

Perhaps Vladmir Putin?

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr February 14, 2017 7:18 AM  

Every incoming Administration loses someone at about this point, usually prior to confirmation. It's a tactical win for the Left, but not a strategic victory. Flynn was never on my short list for NSA.

Anonymous CMC February 14, 2017 7:20 AM  

I think it speaks well of the God-Emperor. People are disqualifying themselves from serving! It's like they know they have to be as above reproach as Caesar's wife. It's a whole new world: people are actually resigning!

Meanwhile, with regard to the press, Morning Joe stacked this morning to push this. Sure it's a big story, but it's like they're salivating. And --and this is hilarious to me, they put Tom Flathead Friedman on and he's saying russia hacked the election, that it was a 9/11 level event, a Pearl Harbor level event. Ha ha ha. Mika and Joe can't switch off him fast enough.

Blogger wreckage February 14, 2017 7:23 AM  

I can't imagine anyone giving a damn about this guy going. It's not a political victory of any kind. It doesn't erode the God Emperor's position, it doesn't damage his ordained and inevitable Second Term, and it doesn't put an SJW in power.

There are only two victories: to win votes or to gain resources (social or material). The former (votes) matters because of the latter. They gained nothing.

Anonymous CMC February 14, 2017 7:23 AM  

One question though: Any chance Flynn is some sort of hero and jumped on a diplomatic grenade, telling the Russians something and breaking the law just to break up something bad that was coming due to the US-Obama kicking out of 35 Russians?

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 7:25 AM  

Any chance Flynn is some sort of hero and jumped on a diplomatic grenade, telling the Russians something and breaking the law just to break up something bad that was coming due to the US-Obama kicking out of 35 Russians?

Why would he lie to Pence about that? It's possible, I suppose, but I doubt it.

Anonymous VFM #6306 February 14, 2017 7:27 AM  

The media takes credit for every firing and resignation at Fortress Trumpenstein.

And then quakes itself to sleep at night, wondering what new mutation midnight shall bring.

Blogger Mark Jeffery February 14, 2017 7:35 AM  

I'm guessing that Flynn was acting on Trump's instructions, and, when caught out, was the lowest man on the totem pole who could reasonably be sacrificed, If the Dog Emperor is capable of learning, he will have learned to be a little more careful with his channels of communication. Not thinking that the Russian ambassador was having his calls recorded is a pretty silly error.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 14, 2017 7:35 AM  

Twitter quote: "It's a great day when both Mike Flynn and Pewdiepie lose their jobs."

That tweet alone shows you how important the SJWs think this really is.

Blogger Lazarus February 14, 2017 7:47 AM  

Flynn's son was pushing the pizzagate story, he got removed. Now Flynn. Could be pizzagate is dead.

Maybe, maybe not. Speculation only.

Anonymous A February 14, 2017 7:52 AM  

Stop trying to put ketchup on this poop sandwich...

Flynn resignation is a huge victory for neocons/Democrats and the CIA.

We got cucked. The Deep State won today.

Blogger Orville February 14, 2017 7:57 AM  

Yes the media will spin this as a victory, and it will embolden them to go after others on Trump's team calling for their resignation at every perceived indiscretion.

Trump blitzed the field during the first few minutes of the first quarter, and then a lull and an interception. Another blitz of EOs will throw the media right off the cycle again. I predict a renewed immigration pitch will be the next media dog whistle.

Anonymous weston February 14, 2017 7:58 AM  

VD,

I hope you are right, but wouldn't bet that way. First of all, this is war, and truth is so precious she must be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies. So we don't know what is really going on. We just have different stories and narratives. If Flynn royally screwed up and was incompetent, then why was he Trump's main man for reforming what he said is a mess? And why does it seem like he has people like Manafort and Flynn around who seem bought off by the Russian mafia? (Their argument, not mine.)

Not trying to be ornery. I know zero about science-fiction books and the differences between Gammas and Betas, but do know a bit about DC politics. It is a swamp, and Pence isn't protection, he's an incentive for swamp creatures of all stripes. If Trump wants a friend or an ally in DC, he should buy a dog, because it certainly isn't with the alligators and snakes who have made up GOP, Inc. for the last 20 years.

My take would be more like something Richard Spencer said last week. "Trump is both too early and too late. He is too late to be able to change things through somewhat normal means, and too early to take effective measures as very few people would support that." That was a rough version, but the idea comes through. Nobody in DC wants change, and people here writing about the "God-Emperor" kind of beg the question: Where is his army or huge band of religious soldiers to warrant the title?

Anonymous JAG February 14, 2017 8:00 AM  

I don't see this as that big of a deal. The left would consider it a huge victory if Trump needed a few extra minutes to find his left shoe before leaving for work. FFS, this is the same media and left that made a huge deal about Rubio taking a sip of water.

Blogger Orville February 14, 2017 8:00 AM  

BTW that new kid just didn't give in a lick to Steponallofus. I saw a little tremor in George's hand. But the kid needs to step back a little from the prompter so his eyes don't dart around. Distracting.

Blogger Old Ez February 14, 2017 8:01 AM  

The Saker is saying its a catastrophe.

Blogger pyrrhus February 14, 2017 8:01 AM  

Russia is a natural ally, not an enemy. Good riddance...

Blogger Wrangler February 14, 2017 8:01 AM  

Nope, bad strategic move. Of course if he lied to Pence, he had to go. Not when the media can claim the kill though. Freeze him out, ignore him and have him resign in 2 months for 'family issues', but not now. Must keep the enemy demoralized, and this gave them a win. And, I never liked Flynn the neocon. I knew of him in the Army wasn't impressed & didn't like his foolish sabre rattling with Iran. Still, mistake by Donald.

Anonymous Rocklea February 14, 2017 8:03 AM  

Bearing all this in mind, their may come a time when even someone like Bannon goes. Seeing a trend and capitalizing on it brilliantly, will not make him or anyone immune from the God Emperor's performance reviews.

Blogger J A Baker February 14, 2017 8:03 AM  

So someone sent me a link to a video posted recently by Keith Olbermann. He's railing against Trump calling for the arrest of Flynn and am ivestigation into Trump's relationship with Russia and so on, and I wouldn't have mentioned it, except he shows a picture of Flynn sitting next to Putin at a table at some dinner or event, and says this is some sort of evidence of something or other, but I'm looking at the picture and in the bottom right hand corner I think I see Jill Stein.

So I guess Jill is a Russian double agent too. Weird.

Blogger Orville February 14, 2017 8:03 AM  

@52 Nope. Fire fast, hire slow, reward loyalty. It had to be done appearances be damned.

Blogger praetorian February 14, 2017 8:03 AM  

Flynn's son was pushing the pizzagate story, he got removed. Now Flynn. Could be pizzagate is dead.

Hillary's strange tweet in response to the Flynn news:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/831377792893849600

Pizzagate just keeps popping up...

Blogger pyrrhus February 14, 2017 8:07 AM  

@33 The war is here in the US, not on foreign territory. Trump needs to avoid being distracted.

Anonymous Rocklea February 14, 2017 8:07 AM  

westen said:
"Where is his army or huge band of religious soldiers to warrant the title?"

mmmm, very concerning weston.

Blogger Last Redoubt February 14, 2017 8:08 AM  

@42 Mark Jeffery

You really don't get the loyalty/etc thing. Nor are you capable of seeing competence in those you dislike.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) February 14, 2017 8:12 AM  

I'm glad Flynn is out...he was the worst Trump appointee and easily the most hawkish member of the senior national security team. Hopefully his replacement will have a saner view of Iran.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 8:18 AM  

Flynn resignation is a huge victory for neocons/Democrats and the CIA.

That's retarded. Flynn is a neocon. He is also a registered Democrat.

We got cucked. The Deep State won today.

You don't even have your basic facts straight. So, are you a troll or are you just stupid?

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 8:19 AM  

I'm guessing that Flynn was acting on Trump's instructions, and, when caught out, was the lowest man on the totem pole who could reasonably be sacrificed

That makes no sense. The problem wasn't that Flynn lied to the media, it is that he lied to Mike Pence and the Trump administration.

Blogger WK February 14, 2017 8:20 AM  

Per Conservative Treehouse; once Yates declared Flynn compromised and by CIA a liar, Flynn was done no matter the facts. The in-coming Trump Administration was being monitored, its phone calls leaked to press, but hey, that's okay.

The Deep State will get its wins but the war goes on. The only rule broken here:

"Give them nothing. Take from them everything."

Trump did manage this setback well. Miller/Conway give enough space between them so MSM jaws on that aspect, Trudeu presser freezes out MSM, quick trigger on Flynn, next presser old news.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 8:26 AM  

The Saker is saying its a catastrophe.

I like the Saker. But his reaction doesn't even make sense when compared to his previous columns. How does getting rid of the biggest neocon in the administration amount to a neocon triumph?

You would think that everyone would have learned to stop counting the God-Emperor out. Anyone dumb enough to say "it's over" is going to be as embarrassed as those who said it was over when Trump didn't win Iowa.

The man has been in office for less than a month. He just ejected a disloyal subordinate who was proven to have lied to his superior. That is not a bad thing, no matter WHO that lying, disloyal subordinate was.

FFS, what do any of you think Flynn was going to be able to do once he was caught out? Trump absolutely did the right thing. Whether he does the right thing with his replacement, and his foreign policy, is another matter and is yet to be determined.

Oh ye of little faith....

Blogger Mark Jeffery February 14, 2017 8:26 AM  

So, is it the consensus here that Flynn was out on his own and acting without any higher authorisation when he made the call?

Blogger James Dixon February 14, 2017 8:34 AM  

Stephen Green comments on Instapundit:

"I think Trump dodged a bullet with this one, even if he did originally fire it at himself. By most accounts, Flynn was a fine general, but was in over his head management-wise as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Whatever Flynn’s relations with Moscow might have been — and I suspect they were overblown — the President just can’t afford a bad manager as his National Security Advisor. Better that Trump take his lumps quickly and appoint someone better qualified for the job."

Blogger dienw February 14, 2017 8:36 AM  

I disagree Vox; instead, I suspect,as does A, that this was a deep state coup:
A senior U.S. official confirmed part of a report in The Washington Post, which quoted current and former U.S. officials Monday as saying Sally Yates, then the acting attorney general, delivered the message that Flynn was considered vulnerable to White House counsel Donald McGahn.
The Post reported that Yates was privy to FBI monitoring...


That was some very, very quick intelligence report. Don't forget that the Washington Post is CIA. The NSA is in on the obstruction of Trump's presidency:
A senior National Security Agency official explained that NSA was systematically holding back some of the “good stuff” from the White House, in an unprecedented move.

"Unprecedented?" Does this mean that the NSA did not cut Obama out of the loop on important intel?

Why hasn't the FBI put on Trump's desk or fed to the acting AG Sally Yates Pence's and Katie Walsh's influence peddling influence peddling?

When Manchin, a centrist Democrat facing re-election next year, called incoming Trump White House adviser Katie Walsh in early January to request a meeting with Pence, the senator found himself face to face with Pence only a few hours later. They exchanged cellphone numbers and Manchin again sat down with Pence on Wednesday for a discussion that included the Supreme Court vacancy and federal judicial appointments.

BTW. Where are the recording of Shadow President Obama as he coordinates the insurrection and sedition against this administration?

The coup against Trump is winning unless he gets back on the ball and cleans house.

Blogger Chris Mallory February 14, 2017 8:42 AM  

So we get rid of NeoCon Flynn and keep Abrams and Bolton out of the administration and the NeoCons are winning? Must be a new definition of winning the NeoCons have.

Blogger Harsh February 14, 2017 8:42 AM  

In a few weeks everyone will be saying "Flynn who? "

Blogger allyn71 February 14, 2017 8:42 AM  

Trump ebbs and flows and is a counter puncher. He will get it figured out and be back like a boss.

R-E-L-A-X the God Emperor didn't get here by chance. They couldn't take him out before and he hasn't gotten weaker since ascending the cherry blossom throne.

Anonymous digger February 14, 2017 8:44 AM  

Is Cernovich's depressive response more theater or a tell that Flynn was his [only?] inside source?

Blogger allyn71 February 14, 2017 8:46 AM  

Cernovich went all in on it being fake news a day or two ago. Cernovich brand takes a hit on this one.

Blogger Tom Tapp February 14, 2017 8:51 AM  

Yeah i read that....how does he rationalize that opinion?

Blogger Tom Tapp February 14, 2017 8:54 AM  

The Saker was off this time....

Blogger wreckage February 14, 2017 8:57 AM  

@65, you're really not going about your subtle manipulation very subtly. Do you really not have better things to do with your time that try to set-up a long-shot "gotcha" in the comments section of someone else's blog?

Why not go LARP being a second-rate journalist somewhere else?

Anonymous ZhukovG February 14, 2017 9:03 AM  

Hmmm, see a lot of new names in this thread.

Ave, Imperator Trump!

Blogger Cail Corishev February 14, 2017 9:11 AM  

Must be a new definition of winning the NeoCons have.

Exactly. If the Deep State decided for some reason Flynn had to go, that doesn't mean it can't be a positive for Trump. I was starting to wonder if the administration wasn't a little heavy with generals anyway, after the (rumored?) talk about pushing Iran around.

We voted for Trump to get rid of the Democrats and neocons running things. Sounds like this was correcting a mistake, not making one.

Blogger Bodo Staron February 14, 2017 9:17 AM  

As a total outsider, some questions I hope will be answered.

How can Flynn take calls with Russians and then lie about the content? He must have known all calls are monitored and recorded. It makes no sense. The guy was a general. Can someone be so incompetent?

Will we ever see (partial) transcripts of those calls?

Blogger Solaire Of Astora February 14, 2017 9:20 AM  

Firing someone because of the media is bad and so is not firing someone who should be because the media is attacking them. The media will attack everyone working for Trump. Does that mean he can't ever fire people? That too would give them control over him which would be stupid. He did the right thing.

Blogger modsquad February 14, 2017 9:29 AM  

Flynn did what he was needed to do and took a bullet. Any upcoming testimony as a civilian can now be done without worry of national security.

Anonymous BBGKB February 14, 2017 9:29 AM  

I saw somewhere that Obama had Flynn under complete surveillance for the past 2 years. It's not surprising they could find something that he summarized that don't match up to the complete set of recordings of the phone calls, especially since the CIA feared his appointment. I will counter leftist snark with this with "Flynn & Eliot Abrams were the only Israel First America Last Neocons on the TRUMP team, and they both got taken out by Old Media."

On the issue of man made disasters it is looking particularly bad at the Orville Dam /is

The only sabotage is affirmative action inspectors, but then again the San Bernardino Christmas party moslem shooter was a food inspector.

Do you stay up at night worrying about what Venezuela is plotting?

They could be plotting to send all their starving socialists to the US as Refusegees

That makes zero sense. Plenty of neocons read here too. But here they are reading to see what their enemy is up to

Blogger RC February 14, 2017 9:30 AM  

Trump's willingness to fight his nation's existential battle, risking his fortune and his life, when many if not most don't even understand there is a battle to be engaged is exceedingly courageous and admirable. Great men are historically rare. We are blessed to have him. I pray that his current conservative enemies will decuck and understand Trump is their natural ally.

I spent all day yesterday with a refreshing intelligent liberal Xer who was conflicted that his social cohort could live in such cognitive dissonance. He was no Trump fan but he was chasing truth and will arrive.

As with the Oroville dam, time will reveal all.

Blogger wreckage February 14, 2017 9:33 AM  

People try to wargame out very complex strategies when dealing with this sort of stuff.

Here it is: either the firing was what Trump wanted to do, for whatever reason, or it wasn't. If the former, then it was right regardless of other considerations. Timing, who appears to win, who will claim the scalp: all of that is irrelevant. The only relevant consideration is whether Trump's decision was compromised and his hand forced, against his own perceived self-interest.

It wasn't.

The end.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) February 14, 2017 9:38 AM  

People try to wargame out very complex strategies when dealing with this sort of stuff.

Look if you don't want to play 12D underwater chess while blindfolded...

Blogger wreckage February 14, 2017 9:45 AM  

Blindfolded AND tripping balls on LSD. Otherwise it's not challenging enough.

Anonymous weston February 14, 2017 9:53 AM  

Coups are often accomplished by taking out the leader's lieutenants first. Trump is already seriously lacking people he can trust who have reasonable experience in managing governmental agencies. That is a big reason he has been forced to put so many old GOP operatives all over the place. Then, those we might call his enemies, which may also include Priebus and possibly Pence, can make it so communications and decisions don't happen in a reasonable speed. And the Deep State actors can force Trump to give up his telephone and otherwise make if very cumbersome for him to operate in a timely manner. Many argue that he just called Putin and this caused a big uproar as there is a large coterie of people who prepare calls and see to it that nothing constructive gets done that isn't PTB-approved. The White House and Congress are very bloated, and you can bet that bloat is riddled with intel guys.

http://theduran.com/trump-official-washington-putin-call/

By the way, if you are old enough, you've already seen a right-wing, populist-oriented outsider president brought down into not changing much. It was President Reagan, who broke his promise to not take Bush as VP, and then the VP's guys took over things over time. One of the keys for that was the media constantly attacking Reagan's people.

Anonymous Ironsides February 14, 2017 9:55 AM  

The Russians don't seem too happy about the situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/14/russian-officials-defend-flynn-say-admin-may-be-infected-with-russophobia.html

Yes, I know it's just Fox News, but unless they just made up the Russian tweets and statements out of whole cloth, it appears that the Russians view this as a blow against good US/Russian relations, not the removal of a warmongering neocon.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 9:57 AM  

Coups are often accomplished by taking out the leader's lieutenants first. Trump is already seriously lacking people he can trust who have reasonable experience in managing governmental agencies.

That's precisely why he can't keep someone who lied to his second-in-command on the team. Do you guys seriously not understand that your own arguments undermine your case?

Anonymous Looking Glass February 14, 2017 10:01 AM  

Since the Media is in gloating mode, it's hard to say exactly Trump's thought process, and there were clearly plays by the NatSec groups to remove Flynn. But it strikes me that the one thing Flynn couldn't do was lose the Trust of those above him.

It's also possible that Flynn was not quite capable of pulling off his job in the reorganization efforts that Trump had planned. Flynn did get purged by the Obama Admin, so he had people after him beyond just working for Trump. It's also possible Flynn made the one error that really isn't acceptable when it comes to Trump.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) February 14, 2017 10:16 AM  

That's precisely why he can't keep someone who lied to his second-in-command on the team. Do you guys seriously not understand that your own arguments undermine your case?

They must not believe that Flynn lied to Pence.

Anonymous Crude February 14, 2017 10:17 AM  

I think VD is correct here.

Flynn made a stupid mistake. It's unfortunate in a sense, fortunate in another (out goes a neocon, hopefully not to be replaced by another neocon.) Worse, his mistake (in this case, not being entirely honest with his own team) ended up tripping up another team member. It's unfortunate that they had to take his resignation, only because anything that gives SJWs/Deep State a morale boost sucks. But compounding bad decisions by refusing to do anything that SJWs will cheer, is another way to let them control you.

This is a major conflict with a desperate fucking collective enemy. We just had a series of major victories, from DeVos/Sessions/etc getting nominated, to more. Shit happens. All the more reason to fight back hard, and not go into a tailspin of despair. I think Cernovich is right that, at the least, this is a loss (tactical nuke, not so much.) But again - shit happens.

We'll be taking some scalps of our own, and we already have a few piled up, including Obama's and Hillary's. Not a bad fucking start.

Anonymous TheShrike February 14, 2017 10:22 AM  

I didn't like Flynn from the beginning because of his lobbying on behalf of Erdogan; who is quite possibly the most evil leader in the world today. Flynn is also a registered Democrat from what I remember, so it makes sense he would be neo-con friendly.

Cernovich says anyone who thinks this isn't a huge defeat,"has the mindset of a loser". I think he may have just lost his biggest in with the administration, and is predictably upset.

Blogger Lazarus February 14, 2017 10:28 AM  

Trump tweets:

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

Did anybody else catch the story about Muslim moles in the State Dept.?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-11/alleged-muslim-spy-ring-why-rex-tillerson-cleaned-house

Blogger Jamie-R February 14, 2017 10:33 AM  

Pence is the bedrock conservative here.

Trump was the electable guy, Sessions got that right.

Pence is the Underboss for Conservatism.

Flynn can't be doing that. If he's a rat playing the right like a stradivari you come up to Pence you best not miss cause 'Murica.

Pence, man.

The Electric Light Orchestra.
The Elemental Master of Atmospheric Phenomena.
NIGGA COMING DOWN ON A LIGHTNING BOLT AT THE MARDI GRA FLYING AROUND ON WIRES CUTTING THEIR GAY NARRATIVE TO SHREDS WITH HIS THERAPEUTIC REMEDIES OF RIGHTEOUS VOLTAIC CURRENTS TO GET THEM CURRENT WITH THE LORD

PPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNCCCCEEE. My man.

Blogger Gregory February 14, 2017 10:36 AM  

Mike Pence is the one who put him down.
Don't lie to the Biker in Chief.

Blogger Cail Corishev February 14, 2017 10:37 AM  

Since the Media is in gloating mode,

The thing the media and the other haters keep forgetting is that Trump doesn't follow the usual GOP rules. A typical Republican would follow an embarrassing failure (assuming this was one) with some sort of concession meant to placate the hounds and get them off his back. Reagan replacing Bork with Kennedy, for instance.

Trump isn't stupid; he knows that would just encourage them. So whatever he does, it won't be what they're excitedly waiting for.

Anonymous Jack Amok February 14, 2017 10:41 AM  

seriously lacking people he can trust who have reasonable experience in managing governmental agencies.

1) Vox already beat me to pointing out Flynn lied so he was no longer someone Trump could trust

2) Flynn wasn't doing a good job managing a governmental agency.

3) A yuge part of the problem in DC is people with "reasonable experience in managing governmental agencies", which usually translates into letting them grow like topsy and become infested with unionized, lefto-globalists sneering at middle-class white voters in Ohio.

The press will claim this as a victory. If it was a victory for them, if Trump cut Flynn loose because the press made Flynn a liability, then it is bad for us. OTOH, if Trump cut him loose because Flynn made himself a liability, then it's a good thing, and the press being deluded into thinking they can run their usual script will be an added bonus.

Which scenario is true? If you're a defeatist, you probably think the Press Victory is true. Don't be a defeatist - it's not like any of us need to change tactics one way or another.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 10:42 AM  

Cernovich says anyone who thinks this isn't a huge defeat, "has the mindset of a loser".

That strikes me as precisely backwards.

Anonymous BBGKB February 14, 2017 10:42 AM  

man made disasters it is looking particularly bad at the Orville Dam

Compare a white privileged 2000 year old roman road to an affirmative actioned 2year old modern road.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/history/built-last-craftsmanship-enabled-roman-roads-withstand-passage-time-007523?nopaging=1

Anonymous A February 14, 2017 10:44 AM  

Why do we assume that Pence is "on our side", or "on Trump's side" -- and not a Deep State operative?

If Trump is assassinated or politically destroyed (leading to resignation) ...does Pence gain or lose?


Michael Tracey ‏@mtracey
"Deep staters who'd leaked info on Flynn emboldened: they smell blood. Russia issue will be "leveraged" to pressure the GOP to turn on Trump."
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/831363017807847424

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
" The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/831510532318429184

Anonymous A February 14, 2017 10:49 AM  

"You don't even have your basic facts straight. So, are you a troll or are you just stupid?"

Am I stupid or a troll? Maybe I work for the Russians? Or maybe I just read Wikileaks?

WikiLeaks ‏@wikileaks
"Trump's National Security Advisor Michael Flynn resigns after destabilization campaign by US spies, Democrats, press" https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/831468455413030912

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) February 14, 2017 10:49 AM  

That strikes me as precisely backwards.

This part was also weird:

If we collectively agreed that the words in WaPo were a lie, they would lose all power.

When Trump fires or forces someone to resign, he has given power to the media.


In this situation, WaPo and the rest of the media reporting on this were correct.

Mike's logic here dictates that Trump can never fire anyone because of the media, which is a dumb way to manage anything, least of all the executive branch.

Blogger Timmy3 February 14, 2017 10:55 AM  

So did Flynn get scalped by his own? If Flynn was hardline against Russia, then getting rid of him better serves Trump. Still, the Democrats are calling for more investigations since there is smoke, there must be fire. The Democrats now distrust Russia, but didn't seem to care when Obama was in charge. This just shows Russia policy is in turmoil and Trump can't act without his motives being called into question. This is the hijacking of American foreign policy by his enemies.

Anonymous Jake Saga February 14, 2017 11:02 AM  

This is a tough one. No matter who is right here (Flynn resigning will embolden the enemy, or Flynn had to go because he lied and was unreliable), it is not a GOOD thing.

The critical thing is what does Trump do next? Wars are long. This is just one battle. You can lose a lot of battles and still win the war.
Let's keep the faith.

Blogger Ingot9455 February 14, 2017 11:12 AM  

Remember also Trump's push-and-rest, push-and-rest style. We had the blitz, then we coast a little, see how things are developing. We got a pushback in several areas. Less so in others. That will direct us for the next blitz.

Anonymous Iron Spartan February 14, 2017 11:17 AM  

Deep state lie #1, only government officials can run government agencies.

Deep state lie #2, people are never fired for mistakes, its always because of something else.

Deep state lie #3, competence and integrity always a back seat to connections and long time deals.

General Flynn screwed up, lied about it, and was allowed to resign before he was fired. This is a normal sequence of events everywhere but national capitols. The clearest indication of the rot in the system is that such clear and concise events require people making convoluted conspiracy theories to make it fit their world view.

Blogger Student in Blue February 14, 2017 11:18 AM  

Why do we assume that Pence is "on our side", or "on Trump's side" -- and not a Deep State operative?

Because Trump, being very experienced in business at the top and the very various forms of betrayals that happen in that industry, has decided to keep him close.

Either Pence is legit and Trump trusts him, or he isn't and Trump doesn't and is actively aware of Pence. Both of which are more than fine and aren't worth worrying about.

Blogger Cail Corishev February 14, 2017 11:29 AM  

Mike's logic here dictates that Trump can never fire anyone because of the media, which is a dumb way to manage anything, least of all the executive branch.

Right. If Trump refused to fire people he wants to fire for fear of letting the media portray him as weak or disorganized, that would be letting the media influence him.

Why do we assume that Pence is "on our side", or "on Trump's side" -- and not a Deep State operative?

Because Pence was tested over pussy-grab. That's when the DNC and NeverTrump put on the last real full-court press to get the party to dump Trump. If Pence had flinched, odds are it would have all been over. He didn't flinch, and Trump went on to win.

In other words, if Pence were their man, Trump wouldn't be president in the first place.

Blogger Nationalist Flicka February 14, 2017 11:57 AM  

I don't trust Pence.

I don't trust any of 'em except Bannon.

Trump needs to take the rule book and burn it. He has about six months to ready the field and run Trumpistas in 2018. (but he has to survive to 2018, politically speaking)

If not a revolution, what?

Anonymous Sharrukin February 14, 2017 12:08 PM  

Flynn may simply be the first win for the Soros "orange Revolution" in America.

Regardless of what actually happened Trump needs to hit the Deep State hard and put them on the defensive.

I think he has less time than most would believe.

Anonymous TLM February 14, 2017 12:10 PM  

Maybe I was just trolling for a response as I knew you would take the bait regarding your strange infatuation with everything Cernovich.

And Gamergate did change this blog for the worse. There once was some decent discourse & humor in the comments, but now it's just 'gamma' secret king, sperg, etc. Get some new material.

As to those accusations about me, I'm not the one that invented my own SMV hierarchy to shoehorn myself into some made up category because I didn't like where I landed on Roissy's scale.



Anonymous weston February 14, 2017 12:15 PM  

I think constructive criticism is the best thing in the world, and something that is rarely appreciated. Trump is in an impossibly difficult position because many establishments want him gone. He has made the reasonable attempt to bring in people, such as Priebus, but he is basically in enemy territory most of the time. Almost everyone in DC wants him taken down/out. If you can't sense that, you are politically tone deaf. And the swamp includes "friends" like Gingrich. He was one of the original futurist/globalist/technozealots from way back. Trump is way too nationalist/reactionary for that.

And this site has gone way into the "God-Emperor" range. You are defining things based on the fact that God is involved. This is strange. We don't know what Flynn said to whom and when and how. We don't know if one particular phone call was the issue or something else. Hell, we don't even know if Pence would tell the truth about something. What we do know is that the Russian narrative is going to be pushed so hard you would think it was the 1950's.

And for those who assume that Pence is tested by Pussygate, well, he had something to lose at that point and something to gain now.

A @101,

Some folks have never even heard of a destabilization campaign and don't realize that the US intel community is superb at it. Taking out a leader's lieutenants is a part of that. Said lieutenant may or may not have screwed up, but the important thing is the set-up and controlling the narrative so that the guy has to go. Mission accomplished in the current case. You would think the smiles and gloating from certain quarters would wake people up.

Blogger Student in Blue February 14, 2017 12:21 PM  

There once was some decent discourse & humor in the comments, but now it's just 'gamma' secret king, sperg, etc. Get some new material.

Those darn Goobergaters. They ruin everything!

As to those accusations about me, I'm not the one that invented my own SMV hierarchy to shoehorn myself into some made up category because I didn't like where I landed on Roissy's scale.

Vox's ability to identify Gammas is astounding. I thought it was a stretch when he made his prognosis this time, but here comes TLM to confirm it...

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 12:24 PM  

Maybe I was just trolling for a response as I knew you would take the bait regarding your strange infatuation with everything Cernovich.

And Gamergate did change this blog for the worse. There once was some decent discourse & humor in the comments, but now it's just 'gamma' secret king, sperg, etc. Get some new material.

As to those accusations about me, I'm not the one that invented my own SMV hierarchy to shoehorn myself into some made up category because I didn't like where I landed on Roissy's scale.


Gamma confirmed.

You are defining things based on the fact that God is involved. This is strange. We don't know what Flynn said to whom and when and how. We don't know if one particular phone call was the issue or something else. Hell, we don't even know if Pence would tell the truth about something. What we do know is that the Russian narrative is going to be pushed so hard you would think it was the 1950's.

You're a bit late with the spin. Flynn already admitted he misled the Vice-President.

Blogger VD February 14, 2017 12:25 PM  

Vox's ability to identify Gammas is astounding. I thought it was a stretch when he made his prognosis this time, but here comes TLM to confirm it...

I can smell their stink ten miles away. Imagine how developed a hot girl's anti-Gamma radar is.

Blogger Student in Blue February 14, 2017 12:25 PM  

@weston
And this site has gone way into the "God-Emperor" range. You are defining things based on the fact that God is involved.

I'm going to let someone else take care of the rest of your post, but just the fact that you believe this fact makes it clear that you don't know what in the world is going on with this blog.

"Hello, fellow Alt-Righters."

Blogger Student in Blue February 14, 2017 12:29 PM  

@VD
I can smell their stink ten miles away. Imagine how developed a hot girl's anti-Gamma radar is.

Imagine... developed... hot girl... mmm.

Pleasant thoughts aside, it's certainly an example of why excising every bit of Gamma tendencies is priority number one for getting a good girl.

Anonymous weston February 14, 2017 12:32 PM  

VD,

re: "They didn't take him out. He took himself out. ... it's his judgement."

Similarly, Agnew's enemies didn't take him out. He took himself out. Same for Nixon, and every other politician who ever fell from grace. The only thing is, the enemies disagree. There are a million scandals all over the place, and it behooves the enemies to get a particular issue to rise above the noise. Half the people in Congress belong in prison, but there is no traction to take them on, and the current system is quite comfortable for everybody who matters.

Anonymous weston February 14, 2017 12:39 PM  

VD,

Flynn can say anything. He has to. That doesn't prove much. All of politics is based on lying, as is war. And, if you haven't noticed, we are in a war. Flynn lying would be a soldier doing his duty. This is what I mean with these references to "God". Trump has to lie, as does Flynn. We have to deal with the real world, one with a disgusting Deep State. They lie, cheat, and steal. Give no quarter and expect none.

Blogger Lew Rand February 14, 2017 12:58 PM  

Rush is going 100% the route that Cernovich went. He is acting like Pence didn't read the transcripts of the phone call and thus couldn't prove that he was lied to by Flynn.

The calls for an investigation should be interesting. Why was Flynn wiretapped? Who leaked it to the press? What exactly did Flynn say?

Again from a meta point of view (and us 'doves') its wonderful our enemy (the media) is taking out the hawks (maybe our enemy. But I was uncomfortable with some of the sabre rattling personally). Then again my gamma tendencies (or delta. I am not a secret king. Too wishy washy) realize that foreign affairs is VERY tricky right now and don't want certain parties think they have a 100% free hand to do whatever the hell they want.

Or do I want that? My American side says let the Persians wipe out the Arabs, China clean out Africa and Russia become strong and regional again. Would seem to be a better world...

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 14, 2017 1:01 PM  

VD wrote:Oh ye of little faith....

What's that smell? It smells like... HERESY!!!!!

Blogger bearspaw February 14, 2017 1:20 PM  

Rush has been 100% neoconverged for quite a few years.

Blogger Arthur Isaac February 14, 2017 1:28 PM  

For the sake of levity: Edward Snowden for NSA.

Blogger Matthew February 14, 2017 2:17 PM  

"Weston" is the name of the satanic scientist in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy.

You have to wonder who these new commenters think they're fooling.

Blogger schroeder February 14, 2017 4:06 PM  

This is a dangerous business. If the contents of Flynn's private phone call were intercepted and leaked by the NSA then we have an intelligence apparatus functioning as a new Praetorian Guard. By this I mean that they will be the king-makers and un-makers, just like the praetorians of imperial Rome in the third century A.D.

Blogger Bernard Brandt February 14, 2017 6:35 PM  

Axiom: No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

Corollary: Successful battle includes continual course correction on the basis of events and the territory.

Application: T has made a number or course corrections during his candidacy and now as president. Flynn's resignation was one of those. Expect that to continue.

However, that was then, and this is now. Of more interest is that moles within DoJ, FBI and intelligence did the surveillance upon T and T's team, and performed their little 'gotcha' game. Expect that also to continue, until rooted out.

Of even more interest is that O, the (formerly) great and powerful, is about two miles away, has an extensive shadow deep state still in place, and while his pen has been taken away from him, still has his phone.

A little more attention to the sword, and a little less to the red cape, would be advised for all of us cattle who have been invited to the bull fight.

Blogger bosscauser February 14, 2017 9:27 PM  

I voted to put Trump in charge!Plan working just fine!

#PresidentTrump2020

Blogger Robert What? February 14, 2017 9:55 PM  

The person that worries me the most is Neil Gorsuch. I can easily see him turning Left or at least mushy. Why is he "disheartened" that a contemptible judiciary are treated with contempt? He should be disheartened that they are contemptible.

Blogger Lazarus February 14, 2017 9:55 PM  

was the fact that he was the one member of the administration about whom the neocons were always they most enthusiastic. Look at who is most lamenting his resignation now:

Vox. Spengler/Goldman has disavowed the Neocons early on and has been a Trump guy.


From Bye Bye NeoCons:
Rothman’s attempt to sandbag Flynn was restrained compared to the wrath that the neoconservatives poured on Trump adviser Steve Bannon. John Podhoretz inveighed, “The key problem with Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s newly named strategist, isn’t that he’s an anti-Semite. He may be. … The key moral problem with Steve Bannon is that as the CEO of Andrew Breitbart’s namesake organization, he is an aider and abettor of foul extremist views, including anti-Semitic ones.”

As it happens, I have spent some time with Steve Bannon, and I—like other Jews of his acquaintance—observe that he is exuberantly pro-Israel and as friendly to Jews as any Gentile I know. After reading Podhoretz’s accusation, I examined every article published on Bannon’s Breitbart website during the past years containing the search terms “Israel” or “Jews” and found that all were pro-Israel and friendly to Jews without a single exception. Facts are facts, and Commentary’s shrillness stems from hysteria more than outrage.


http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/220055/bye-bye-neo-cons

Anonymous Icicle February 14, 2017 10:29 PM  

then we have an intelligence apparatus functioning as a new Praetorian Guard

Posted that point a while ago.

Anonymous Gurpgork February 15, 2017 1:23 AM  

This entire 'Flynn Episode' doesn't make sense to me.
The only logical course of events I see:
> Trump is going to fire Flynn.
> Media gets knowledge of this and, desperate for a scalp, start targeting Flynn.
> Trump has some doubts about giving in to the media but fires him anyway.
> Media declares victory for something they had 0 part in.

For me, looking at the facts and past behaviour, it just doesn't add up any other way.

Blogger Jack Hanson February 15, 2017 4:00 AM  

Flynn came up in MI and should have known better. He didn't. No loss.

This looks more like a desperation move by the Deep State than anything. All they've done is show their hand and underlined the fact that they need to be dealt with... For what? To take out a neocon in a semi important position? Flynn isn't Bannon or Miller. These people are scared.

Anonymous Thomas February 15, 2017 4:17 AM  

I'm glad Flynn is gone. An associate of Michael Ledeen was really not someone who should've been in Trump's administration, and, even if it was the Obama administration who swung the axe on him at DIA, the word was that he was a poor manager and almost certainly was destined to prove too controversial for a position that requires a smooth administrator. And the mere fact of this whole brouhaha, caused by his own lack of candor, shows that he was a liability that would have caused a problem sooner or later.

Having said that, there's problems here nonetheless. Injecting another story about Russia and the election out there is now starting to cause cracks between Trump and Republicans in Congress. It's not just Old Man McCain and his cabana boy Lindsey Graham anymore. The perception here still will be that Trump caved to media pressure, even if it's BS, and that will embolden them to double down going after Bannon, Miller, etc. More importantly, though, it's part of a developing perception of an administration out of control of even its own senior personnel within the White House, not to mention one contending with a deep state and bureaucracy that is, for all intents and purposes, nakedly waging an insurgency against the President. Trump can deal with many things, but a public perception of chaos, disorder, and lack of control is seriously dangerous to him, not to mention generally frightening to the public and other countries.

Two things Trump should make absolute top priorities: (1) finish filling out the Cabinet and the hundreds of appointed deputy positions that need to be filled; and (2) (related) root out and crush the insurgency inside the federal government. Have Sessions and the FBI take care of it, and see to it that people responsible for leaking are arrested, hard, with the full SWAT team treatment on their houses at 3 am, and held incommunicado under espionage statutes. Maybe grab up a reporter or two for "soliciting" violations of federal law at that.

NB: there is almost no way in hell that Obama isn't playing a role in this "shadow government" conspiracy against the Trump administration. The people playing this game are Obama loyalists, appointed by him or hired by him. And the prompts for a lot of what's tripping up Trump now were set by Obama in the transition (e.g., the lame-duck sanctions Flynn was talking with the Russians about). It's likely, very likely, that part of the Obama transition was spent explicitly setting up a plan to undermine, and possibly overthrow, the Trump administration. There's certainly a reason he's stayed in DC. Trump and his administration should consider investigating Obama, with an eye towards putting him in handcuffs, if possible.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts