ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, March 27, 2017

She did the math

Nice to see that women are capable of grasping that feminism is bad for more women than it benefits economically:
Author Fay Weldon has risked infuriating fellow feminists by claiming their cause left two-thirds of British women worse off. In an interview in The Mail on Sunday’s Event magazine today, Weldon, 85, says the feminist revolution had adverse implications by ‘halving the male wage, so it no longer supported a family.’ That meant some women had to get jobs, even if they would rather have been at home with their children. ‘Women had to work to support the family. So for two in three women, it really was a problem.’
I first pointed this out back in 2007:
Anyhow, it's interesting that people are finally beginning to pay some attention to the basic economics of the issue. I expect more than a few people on both sides of the feminist aisle are going to be very upset when the period from 1970 to the present is studied.

Feminists will be upset because it will make feminism look like a disaster for women. Working, married non-feminists will be upset because they'll realize that they are essentially working for nothing. Men won't like it either, since they'll realize that they're getting paid less for the same work that their fathers did.

It's interesting how everyone understands that immigrants cause labor prices to fall, but most people don't grasp that a substantial increase in domestic work force participation, by any group, has the same effect.
For the benefit of those who needed me to type more slowly, I spelled it out in more detail in 2013:
While immigration too plays a role here, the only significant effect native women have when they enter the labor force in greater numbers is to depress the price of labor.  Unlike immigrants, they don't bring in new consumption to help mitigate their wage-depressing effects; the reason real hourly wages peaked in 1973 and have been falling ever since is because that was the year that the number of men younger than 20 and older than 65 leaving the labor force was surpassed by educated, middle-class women entering it.

One-third of working class women have always worked.  The change brought by feminism is that now middle class and upper middle class married women work as well.  And the more women that work, the more women have to work and the less time women who don't work will have with their husbands who support them, because an INCREASE in the SUPPLY of labor necessitates a DECREASE in the PRICE of labor, demand remaining constant.

And to make matters worse, demand does not remain constant, but actually declines, because a woman who works is statistically much less likely to eventually become a wife and mother, and even when she does, she becomes one several years later and has fewer children.  This means that feminism is a structural economic failure as it creates a downward-spiraling vicious circle of three easily identifiable revolutions:
  1. The increase in the supply of labor causes wages to go down.  This is indisputable in either logical or empirical terms.
  2. Female hypergamy, female independence, and opportunity cost reduces the marriage rate and the average birth rate, while increased male work hours and work-related romantic opportunities increases the divorce rate.  These connections are all logically sound and readily observable.
  3. The reduced birth rate has a negative effect on consumption, and therefore the demand for labor, 20 years before the consequent negative effects on the supply of labor can help balance it out, putting further negative pressure on wage rates.  This is also indisputable, both logically and empirically. 

Labels: ,

145 Comments:

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) March 27, 2017 12:03 PM  

It's interesting how everyone understands that immigrants cause labor prices to fall, but most people don't grasp that a substantial increase in domestic work force participation, by any group, has the same effect.

I think you were too optimistic in the battle of supply and demand vs the narrative. How often do we hear that immigrants don't decrease wages, they create businesses, etc?

Anonymous kfg March 27, 2017 12:07 PM  

"It's interesting how everyone understands that immigrants cause labor prices to fall, but most people don't grasp that a substantial increase in domestic work force participation, by any group, has the same effect."

But, well, I am informed, by feminists with lots of credentials in the humanities, that this is a myth.

They also inform me that a woman set the men's world record in the decathlon.

Is a puzzlement.

Blogger JudgeMontrose March 27, 2017 12:08 PM  

Would not the increase in supply of labor be at least partially balanced out by an increase in all the jobs upper and middle-class women used to do around their homes, but are no longer doing since they are working in a corporate setting? For example, gardening, meal preparation, childcare, and laundry?

Presumably additional jobs open up in the microwave dinner factories, the laundromats, daycare, and landscaping. Or is that effect negligible?

Outsourcing those tasks of course leads to lower quality of life for the middle-class family, especially if the tasks are outsourced cheaply, or not at all.

Anonymous kfg March 27, 2017 12:10 PM  

@2:

In Sweden, women drop off their kids at a daycare center on their way to work at . . . a daycare center.

Blogger Cloudswrest March 27, 2017 12:12 PM  

I first pointed this out back in 2007

Ronald Reagan pointed this out during his presidency.

Blogger VD March 27, 2017 12:13 PM  

Would not the increase in supply of labor be at least partially balanced out by an increase in all the jobs upper and middle-class women used to do around their homes, but are no longer doing since they are working in a corporate setting? For example, gardening, meal preparation, childcare, and laundry?

No.

Anonymous Rocklea March 27, 2017 12:15 PM  

It's hard to imagine a more evil design

Blogger JudgeMontrose March 27, 2017 12:16 PM  

@5:

[Deleted my original comment and reposted a better-worded version.]Yeah, that makes sense. In the US, I wonder if the effect of upper and middle class women in the workforce decreases white collar wages while creating blue collar service industry opportunities.

Of course, decreased white collar wages result in an inability to afford personal cooks, nannies, etc.

And Vox makes a good point--if women aren't having kids, or are delaying and having fewer kids, then there's less demand for "household" services that would be traditionally performed by middle-class women in their own homes.

Blogger Polynices March 27, 2017 12:18 PM  

Could we also blame part of the growth of government and the welfare state on more women working for wages instead of being at home participating in and supporting community functions? It's not like women never "worked", they just didn't work for a salary but were still doing important things (beyond the central importance of raising kids).

Blogger pyrrhus March 27, 2017 12:19 PM  

I have commented on Twitter many times that Feminism is the worst thing that ever happened to women....I have not received any dissenting replies, many women agree.

Anonymous Crew March 27, 2017 12:21 PM  

Would not the increase in supply of labor be at least partially balanced out by an increase in all the jobs upper and middle-class women used to do around their homes, but are no longer doing since they are working in a corporate setting? For example, gardening, meal preparation, childcare, and laundry?

Like caring for kids? See below.

https://t.co/srzj1UAtEP

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky March 27, 2017 12:28 PM  

These days American housing prices for the middle class assume double income, no kids (DINK). I've got two housewives on my street, out of 15 houses. One is on disability and can't work. The other is a foreigner.

Why aren't Americans having more kids? Too expensive, no time. And still, despite everything, child-rearing duties fall mainly on the mother. This is inescapable, doesn't matter how much your Mr. Mom ethic happens to be. The kid will insist on mommy. And mommy will insist on being mommy. You see young mothers trying to juggle that with having a career, and they are killing themselves. It's so bad.

Anonymous One Deplorable DT March 27, 2017 12:32 PM  

@3 - Would not the increase in supply of labor be at least partially balanced out by an increase in all the jobs upper and middle-class women used to do around their homes, but are no longer doing since they are working in a corporate setting? For example, gardening, meal preparation, childcare, and laundry?

You mean...the jobs done by Mexican immigrants?

Blogger digra March 27, 2017 12:32 PM  

Doublethink?

Anonymous Faceless March 27, 2017 12:37 PM  

Definitions matter! These are my favorites.

Feminist: Someone who hates women as much as she claims men do.

Feminism: An incoherent political philosophy with the aim of establishing for women all the rights and prerogatives of adulthood while ensuring women have fewer responsibilities than children.

Feminist Policy: A political policy built around protecting women from the consequences of their actions at the expense of men and children.

Blogger Dirk Manly March 27, 2017 12:40 PM  

JudgeMontrose.

No. Those middle and upper-middle-class women then como home and birch all day that their husbands Don"t help them do the housework they neglected all day while playing "office" Strangely enough, these same wome never get off their lazy ass to do so much as change the oil in their car, paint the garage, 're-shingle the house, or any of the other male household chores

Blogger Midnight Avenue J March 27, 2017 12:41 PM  

@ Crew, that guy looks like a grade A pedo. The rage issues are obvious, now. Poor little girl.

The Chateau recently had a post about how the victims of feminism are little boys. Single mommery hurts kids, boys more than girls.

Feminism doesn't mean real liberation. Women are well-trained consumers, even of daycare! The pricier, the better, because high price always equals high value. And they need those jobs, you know, because things are expensive. Kids, daycare, why, they MUST work just so they can afford it all!

The obvious answer is always just st out of their reach, isn't it?

Blogger Midnight Avenue J March 27, 2017 12:44 PM  

@ 16, yes, exactly. The Working Mother Grief Industry sells a ton of goods and services to women based on this have-it-all nonsense, but they still get to gripe about their awful lazy husbands, which handily paves the way for frivorce.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor March 27, 2017 12:49 PM  

While immigration too plays a role here, the only significant effect native women have when they enter the labor force in greater numbers is to depress the price of labor.

Like so many great truths, this is blindingly obvious once you think about it.

Blogger Joshua_D March 27, 2017 12:51 PM  

MATH IS HARD Y'ALL

Anonymous hoots March 27, 2017 12:52 PM  

Stuff like this makes one wonder how many famous thinkers were just latecomers who benefitted from the work of those who actually did the hard work of breaking intellectual ground ahead of them. An idea can't become widespread until it becomes socially acceptable, and it seems many ideas can't become socially acceptable until enough people have suffered for believing it. All ideas, even the most ancient and cherished, are born as red pills.

Blogger Gordon March 27, 2017 12:56 PM  

a deplorable rubberducky wrote:These days American housing prices for the middle class assume double income, no kids (DINK). I've got two housewives on my street, out of 15 houses. One is on disability and can't work. The other is a foreigner.

Why aren't Americans having more kids? Too expensive, no time.


Yes, this. One even sees it in the TV ads: A 20-something couple showing off their suburban 3000-square foot home to another couple. When my parents were in their 20s, they served us bologna sandwiches and beans to save the down payment on a house. And my dad was a professional, living in a small town with low housing costs.

Also, 20-somethings today spend money on stuff that our parents never would have, such as expensive restaurant meals and pricey vacations. No wonder they put off having the one-and-only kid: might not be able to afford the $150 evening out at the cider bar.

Anonymous John Scalzu Unfinished Weldon Project March 27, 2017 12:58 PM  

Good God, people, go read "She May Not Leave" and "The Spa"!

These books are HAND GRENADES. Suicide-vest anti-feminism wrapped in shiny pink covers!

Weldon has been epically trolling the shit out of feminism for years. The Spa even places, in "Straussian" style, a Conspiracy Theorist's Tale dead center in the book (with the narrator's "recommendation" to skip it!) that names the (((Gramsci Project)))!

Blogger Student in Blue March 27, 2017 1:03 PM  

She did the monster math.
It was a graveyard smash.

Anonymous Rocklea March 27, 2017 1:13 PM  

Soylent Green comes next

Anonymous kfg March 27, 2017 1:16 PM  

It's not easy being Soylent Green.

Anonymous John Scalzi Unfinished Asimov Project March 27, 2017 1:18 PM  

Crazy Aunt Fay's "Weather Girl's Tale", some excerpts:

'I’ve had a real struggle to get where I am. I seriously think I was switched at birth – and have asked my parents to have their DNA tested, but they won’t co-operate. I’ve explained again and again that taking a smear from inside your mouth for a DNA test hardly counts as a transfusion, but they are so stupid they can’t even see that. They’ve told me time and time again that I’m no child of theirs but when I take them up on it they won’t see it through. I certainly don’t look like them. They’re Jehovah’s Witnesses: as a child there was no TV, no holidays, no Christmas, just dreary, dreary, God-fearing misery. My mother’s fat and lumpy and my father lives with his head always to one side because he’s got some kind of twisted nerve in his neck. Imagine being picked up from school by people like that. My two elder sisters were lumps of lard. Thinking of their conception sickens me. I just do not believe I can have been the result of the union of those two sub-humans. I have looks, charm and intelligence, and they have none. No, I was switched at birth: my real parents are A list, I just know it. One day the truth will emerge. My alleged mother pretends to be upset when I don’t go home at this time of year but since she refuses to celebrate Christmas she can hardly complain. When I explain that there is no God she looks at me with these stricken eyes.

‘Believing in God and being virtuous has done them no good at all. They face a poverty-stricken old age, and I am not going to help them. They made my early life a misery: why should I look after them now?’

She looked around at us for affirmation, but since she had forbidden us to speak no one did so.

Blogger Doug Cranmer March 27, 2017 1:18 PM  

They are truly horrible people.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr March 27, 2017 1:19 PM  

One problem I've seen with mothers working is that their kids are consigned to day care...and caretakers who frequently have poorer decision-making abilities.

I have long thought this was part of the reason why kids today seem to have gone somewhat feral. They were raised by just-above-feral caretakers in a just-above-feral day care/school environment.

Anonymous Gen. Kong March 27, 2017 1:20 PM  

As noted by the gayest thing here above, if feminism were vulnerable to empirical arguments or dialectics, it would have been been discredited long ago. It should have been laughed off the stage in ridicule in the wake of (((Mother Gloria's))) get-a-grope-pass-free card for Llord Beelzebubba of Arkinsaw in response to the exposure of his many rape victims. That was two decades ago and the ideology is even more insane than then (if possible).

As with everything believed by SJWs, feminism is a mountain of lies. Thus the narrative (the lie) must be supported, buttressed - with fake science, fake news, etc. at all costs. The lies are repeated daily in public edumcayshun and the (((media))) - even ones which have been blown out of the water years ago like the wage gap and abuse on Super Bowl Sunday. The sisterhood always doubles down when the facts are presented. A feminist is truly someone who hates women at least as much as she claims men do.

Anonymous Susan March 27, 2017 1:23 PM  

As somebody who was treated like dirt back in the 70's for choosing the traditional role of marriage and motherhood, I have seen enough of what feminism does to women, and how it rots their very souls. I cannot disagree with a single thing in this post.

Except maybe, calling those things women. They don't deserve the label, they have forgotten how to BE women. They are simply female by accident of birth. To call them otherwise is an insult to those of us who are women and who love and respect our menfolk.

Feminism has been going on for a very long time. This is not a new phenomena. As a matter of fact, Wiki has some interesting things to say about how deeply rooted in our culture feminism really is. As far back as the mid 14th century, women writers were writing books about the subject, and griping about men.

Betty Friedan and her ilk are considered by historians to be second wave feminists. This rot has been going on for a very long time. Longer than she and her ilk have been around. Gonna be hard to root it out too.

Anonymous fop March 27, 2017 1:27 PM  

In 20 some years we've met only 2 other housewives in our neighborhood. And one was a muslim lady who was not allowed to work or drive.

Anonymous kfg March 27, 2017 1:29 PM  

@Susan: "They are simply female by accident of birth."

Half of them will agree with you while the other half excoriates you for using a gendered adjective.

Anonymous Sam th Man March 27, 2017 1:30 PM  

Not mentioned is something my wife has seen, compared to what her mother's existence in the 1970s:

The death of female organizations.

It used to be the stay at mom moms would devote themselves to activities of use to the women and society at large. My wife' mother did that sort of thing in the 1970s, with a few different female social groups, some church based some not. Now with so many of the get up and go type women working these organizations are for the most part gone or are dying. A small continent of older women still exist in them, there is an almost complete lack of women in pre 60 age group.

There is a real loss here. These collective societies were one of the ways that female wisdom was passed down from generation to generation, as thee organizations were all women of many generations, for the most part run by older women who no longer had young kids to attend to. Women tended o entre these organizations in their early 30s, when the kids were all off at school. The inherent issues they were facing, which they thought were new, were things the older women had all faced and overcome. Now that intergenerational wisdom path is gone. A lot of female wisdom that existed in 1970 has been lost from the collective female zeitgeist today, replaced by intra generational thoughts, which given the modern world are so much vapid sophistry.

Blogger Joab March 27, 2017 1:31 PM  

-if feminism were vulnerable to empirical arguments or dialectics, it would have been been discredited long ago.-

The only solution remaining is force. The sooner we have the Civil War, the better. It gets bloodier with every day that we put it off. Otherwise, its helicopter rides until we run out of leftists.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 1:32 PM  

So, women in the work force hurts women (and men).

But that certainly isn't an argument for legally discriminating against women nor against equal rights under the law for women.

Opportunity for women (not equal outcome--obviously) is what's key, what's necessary and what's ethical and required.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer March 27, 2017 1:32 PM  

Susan wrote:As somebody who was treated like dirt back in the 70's for choosing the traditional role of marriage and motherhood, I have seen enough of what feminism does to women, and how it rots their very souls. I cannot disagree with a single thing in this post.

Except maybe, calling those things women. They don't deserve the label, they have forgotten how to BE women. They are simply female by accident of birth. To call them otherwise is an insult to those of us who are women and who love and respect our menfolk.

Feminism has been going on for a very long time. This is not a new phenomena. As a matter of fact, Wiki has some interesting things to say about how deeply rooted in our culture feminism really is. As far back as the mid 14th century, women writers were writing books about the subject, and griping about men.

Betty Friedan and her ilk are considered by historians to be second wave feminists. This rot has been going on for a very long time. Longer than she and her ilk have been around. Gonna be hard to root it out too.


The symptoms are going to overcome us soon. As all of the above commenters are observing the problems are numerous and overwhelming. No matter how hard the narrative is pushed it will not overcome the "Gods of the copy book headings". The reset is coming sooner rather than later and natural society is going to be forced upon us.

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 27, 2017 1:33 PM  

I cannot disagree with a single thing in this post.

Except maybe, calling those things women. They don't deserve the label, they have forgotten how to BE women.


Well, we were going to call them Caitlyn, but Bruce Jenner took that one.

Blogger Nate March 27, 2017 1:34 PM  

the association with feminism is an insult to cancer.

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 27, 2017 1:35 PM  

Good idea, Samuree. Let's start with co-ed prisons.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 1:36 PM  

"The only solution remaining is force. The sooner we have the Civil War, the better"

Which practical principles and policy will those on the anti-feminist side of this "civil" war be fighting or and advocating and put into place once they overcome and defeat the might of the federal government?

There is never an answer to this question when some yahoo begins babbling about "civil war".

Anonymous basementhomebrewer March 27, 2017 1:36 PM  

So, women in the work force hurts women (and men).

But that certainly isn't an argument for legally discriminating against women nor against equal rights under the law for women.

Opportunity for women (not equal outcome--obviously) is what's key, what's necessary and what's ethical and required.


Who is defining equal? You? Eliminate all employment laws that are favorable to women (over men and the business they are working for) if you truly want equality. Start with all the FMLA and maternity leave requirements.

Anonymous John Scalzi Unfinished Asimov Project March 27, 2017 1:37 PM  

Aunt Fay's Weather Girl devises a clever way to pay for college:

‘Anyway Velicette was mates with this computer nerd Jimmy – everyone needs a Jimmy in their life – who altered my results on the UCAS computer so at least I qualified for college and while he was at it wiped the stuff about my background. I didn’t even have to do anything for it; he was so nuts about Velicette. Academic records and personal history are no real problem to access, but when it comes to money the firewalls tend to be solid. So money remained a problem. I was going to have to hand over real stuff in the end. I wasn’t going to go the Student Loan route and leave college with massive debts – that was just too sad to contemplate. Velicette and I planned the solution like a military operation. She would take ten percent. You get at least £ 10,000 from the Criminal Injury Compensation Board, if you can prove a really nasty rape, sometimes more. Conviction rates are low, so it’s a bit of a risk, but the lady lawyers are working on it, so it’ll be easier to get money in future.'

--lozlzolz the lady lawyers are working on it!

. . . 'We had a good meal, curry, and drank rather a lot, or at any rate he did – I didn’t; they do a breathalyser when you report in, and the higher your level is, the word is, the less compensation you get. Girls do the date rape scam quite a bit to pay off their credit cards and so on, but I was playing for higher stakes. I’d spent a lot of thought and planning on this and was having to give Velicette ten percent, which was beginning to seem unreasonable: five percent was more like it. If everything went wrong I’d be in prison not Matthew, but she’d be okay either way.'

--that Velicette chick is black btw. Supposedly knows Greek and Latin too!

Well, I think Aunt Fay probably needs you to buy the rights to see the rest of this disturbing sad tale. She is writing some very stark satire these last dozen or so years. As a lapsed feminist, Weldon's Crazy Old Lady schtick has allowed her to become a literary suicide-bomb attacker of liberal pieties.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 1:37 PM  

"Good idea, Samuree. Let's start with co-ed prisons."

I don't think this would work since most law-breaking men don't know how to conduct themselves properly in the presence of women.

Blogger Otto Lamp March 27, 2017 1:38 PM  

Reagan did have a degree in economics from an Rea when having a college degree meant you had actualy learned something.

Blogger OneWingedShark March 27, 2017 1:38 PM  

a deplorable rubberducky wrote:These days American housing prices for the middle class assume double income, no kids (DINK). I've got two housewives on my street, out of 15 houses. One is on disability and can't work. The other is a foreigner.

Why aren't Americans having more kids? Too expensive, no time. And still, despite everything, child-rearing duties fall mainly on the mother. This is inescapable, doesn't matter how much your Mr. Mom ethic happens to be. The kid will insist on mommy. And mommy will insist on being mommy. You see young mothers trying to juggle that with having a career, and they are killing themselves. It's so bad.


I've come to the conclusion that this is by design -- much like the illegal immigrant problem is, at this point. (It's also interesting to note that it dovetails with big-business. [Goals #40, #41, #37.])

Blogger HanSolo March 27, 2017 1:38 PM  

Another example of diversity is our greatest strength:

"An illegal immigrant tied up a Texas woman, forced her into her car and tried to drive off with her on Wednesday, but the woman was able to escape and eventually helped lead authorities to her suspected attacker, officials said."

"The woman told authorities she had been supplying food and water to the man, who was staying somewhere behind her house, for three days before he allegedly tried to kidnap her."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/26/illegal-immigrant-charged-in-kidnapping-texas-woman.html

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 1:39 PM  

"Who is defining equal? You? Eliminate all employment laws that are favorable to women (over men and the business they are working for) if you truly want equality. Start with all the FMLA and maternity leave requirements."

Or extend maternity leave to men who would like time off after the birth.

Blogger Cicatrizatic March 27, 2017 1:41 PM  

Even self-report studies on happiness, flawed as they are, can't save feminism. They show a decline in reported happiness by women since the 1970s.

All that money-making and independence, for what? To be a fat, childless miser at 40, screaming rage poetry into a loudspeaker at an anti-Trump rally. Or perhaps marry a beta at 35 and shamelessly cheat on him with pump and dump alphas in a desperate yet hopeless attempt to find what you wanted all along.

Blogger The Other Robot March 27, 2017 1:49 PM  

Doesn't some emanation or penumbra in the constitution guarantee that women must work, whether they want to or not?

Blogger Le Regardeur March 27, 2017 1:49 PM  

Vox is completely correct in this post.

There are even some Democrats such as Elizabeth Warren that agree with him on this point. What I find most disappointing about Elizabeth Warren and Democrats in general is that they drink the kool-aid on issues such as this. They aren't willing to stand-up to the corporate feminists and the radical lesbians.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 27, 2017 1:57 PM  

Who thought it would be a good idea to let that cretin work at a day care?
Such an upsetting story. I hope he pays for the assault on that little girl.

Anonymous Reenay March 27, 2017 2:06 PM  

HanSolo wrote:Another example of diversity is our greatest strength
Apparently, diversity was the woman's strength, because she managed to escape!

(Am I doing this narrative thing right?)

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) March 27, 2017 2:07 PM  

The only solution remaining is force. The sooner we have the Civil War, the better. It gets bloodier with every day that we put it off. Otherwise, its helicopter rides until we run out of leftists.

Found the informant

Blogger Bodo Staron March 27, 2017 2:08 PM  

Vox it’s worse, maybe something you haven’t seen. Or this is only a problem in Germany: It’s not more supply of labor through women. It’s a blockade for lack of a better word.

Example: A lot of women now occupy the veterinarian programs in universities. What do they do afterwards? They tend to open a office for dogs and cats etc. Very often they only work limited hours. However, one huge demand for vets is to take care of livestock. And the women doctors that take care of cats and dogs very often do not go and and care for these animals.

Also, with the feminist overtaking of MINT programs and special catering toward women, they take over many spots. They will never work in that field, maybe they then do decide to have children. Or they only work for some years, and then stop.

Anonymous Discard March 27, 2017 2:09 PM  

In Southern California, the rapid increase of women in the paid labor force drove housing prices through the roof in the 1970s. DINKs, couples with Double-Income & No-Kids, could afford to pay more to get what they wanted, and did. Very good for sellers, very bad for buyers.

Anonymous Bukulu March 27, 2017 2:19 PM  

Joab @ 35,

" Otherwise, its helicopter rides until we run out of leftists."

Don't neglect the possibility that we might run out of helicopters first.

Anonymous Discard March 27, 2017 2:24 PM  

36. Samuree: Women need to make the babies in order that humanity shall survive. Smart women need to make babies in order that civilization shall survive. Blathering about opportunity and equality and discrimination in the face of these facts is a sign of stupidity.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) March 27, 2017 2:26 PM  

Why do y'all continue to touch the poop and engage with obvious troll?

Anonymous Discard March 27, 2017 2:27 PM  

55. Bodo Staron: IIRC, we get about 2/3 of the work out of a female physician that we get out of a man, for the same investment. Women work shorter hours and fewer years.

Anonymous Discard March 27, 2017 2:39 PM  

A century ago, Progressives, including many suffragettes, advocated the "Family Wage", by which a man ought be able to support his wife and family with one income. Banning child labor, mass immigration, and limiting female workforce participation were the keys to forcing real wages up.
They did the math, and the working class benefitted.

Anonymous One Deplorable DT March 27, 2017 2:51 PM  

@50 - Doesn't some emanation or penumbra in the constitution guarantee that women must work, whether they want to or not?

Give the Ninth Circuit time to find it.

@57 - Don't neglect the possibility that we might run out of helicopters first.

We will build helicopters, which will provide jobs. A win-win!

Blogger Natalie March 27, 2017 2:52 PM  

Sam th Man wrote:

I've seen this myself with one of the differences being that any organization I've been with has ended up being converged or run by go grrrl feminists who drag their crap into otherwise beneficial groups.

Also, the grandmothers don't have time any more. Unless they're rich or quite old they all have jobs or are taking care of their grandkids because their daughters/daughters-in-law have jobs.

It's been a top to bottom breakdown. Result? Moderately based peers trying to form their own community and reverse engineer the wheel because that's about all we've got at this point. And I do mean moderately based. Even my closest peers espouse ideas I find nutty, contradictory, or detrimental to one extent or another.

Blogger Dad29 March 27, 2017 2:56 PM  

Unmnnhh, yah, The Rockford Institute was publishing those conclusions (working women will reduce incomes) back in the mid-1970's. Doesn't seem to make much difference, eh?

Blogger Dirk Manly March 27, 2017 3:02 PM  

JudgeMontrose
Remember also that domestic service jobs do not create one iota of wealth.

For example, suppose you hire me to mow your lawn, and pay me $50. Now, because I'm busy mowing your lawn. I decide to pay to have it done-- and you take the job, and I pay you $50.

The politicians are as happy as pigs in shit, because the result us $100 in taxable income... but in the end, you and I are both poorer than if we had both just decided to now our own lawn, because neither of us would have given the politicians any tax money. Enlarge the circle from 2 people to chains that are a few dozen people long, and you gave today's "service economy "

Anonymous Jeff March 27, 2017 3:09 PM  

Not only did feminism drive down the price of labor, but also its productivity, as anyone who has worked with women can attest.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor March 27, 2017 3:13 PM  

Free idea for Dark Lord Designs: "I spent my fertile youthful years working a dead end job, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

The perfect give for that feminist in your life.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor March 27, 2017 3:14 PM  

Also with a picture of a cat on it.

Anonymous Opus March 27, 2017 3:23 PM  

This is something I not merely feel strongly about but have data to back it up: when my parents married back in 1950 my Mother gave up work and my Father who on my birth Cert is described as a Bank Clerk was able not merely to purchase a half million pound first home on mortgage but keep my Mother at home as the family - myself brother and sister grew up. A few years after my birth he also purchased a motor vehicle. Some quarter century later and even though I was professionally qualified I have never been in a financial position to support little more than myself.

Blogger VD March 27, 2017 3:25 PM  

I don't think this would work since most law-breaking men don't know how to conduct themselves properly in the presence of women.

That certainly isn't an argument for legally discriminating against women nor against equal rights under the law for women.

Blogger Bob Loblaw March 27, 2017 3:29 PM  

Would not the increase in supply of labor be at least partially balanced out by an increase in all the jobs upper and middle-class women used to do around their homes, but are no longer doing since they are working in a corporate setting? For example, gardening, meal preparation, childcare, and laundry?

There will be increases in those sectors, but not enough to make up the difference. One woman can watch a dozen kids at a childcare center. They won't get the same quality of care, but it does free up eleven other women.

The big beneficiary of all this was the government (or, I should say, people working for the government). When Alice and Betty both do their own laundry and watch their own children, there is nothing to tax. But if Alice opens a daycare and Betty a laundry, the government gets a piece of activities in which it previously didn't have any involvement. Plus, the GDP goes up even though the same amount of economic activity is being done.

Anonymous BBGKB March 27, 2017 3:37 PM  

How often do we hear that immigrants don't decrease wages, they create businesses, etc?

But but but that study with Cubans when a billion dollars worth of cocaine flowed thru Miami per year.

No wonder they put off having the one-and-only kid: might not be able to afford the $150 evening out at the cider bar

Some women get frivorced then spend $100 of alimony money on drinks for their gay friends.

be fighting or and advocating and put into place once they overcome and defeat the might of the federal government?

Oy Vey the might of the federal government. Most states have more hunters out in the woods than the entire US armed forces & the military cunts on your side run away when the flag music plays. This is your sides best fighter http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/7/soldier-who-hid-avoid-saluting-flag-be-punished-se/

It gets bloodier with every day that we put it off. You really should go to a gynecologist if it bleeds for more than 8 days.

Otherwise, its helicopter rides until we run out of leftists." Don't neglect the possibility that we might run out of helicopters first.

Helicopters have weight limits, flight medics tell people that want to ride along "if you weight over xyz we will run out of fuel and crash"

Blogger szopen March 27, 2017 3:39 PM  

I am not sure women going to work were effect of feminism, unless "feminism" means simply "allowing women to get work as doctors, typists etc".

I rather think that feminism was enabled by women going to work.

Blogger szopen March 27, 2017 3:43 PM  

as for happiness/feminism, here is some relevant information:

https://ofpsychandsociety.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/reanalysis-of-sabrina-vieira-limas-data-with-updated-data/

Blogger frigger611 March 27, 2017 3:46 PM  

Can someone help me with a bit of statistics?

If an 85 year old feminist finally understands basic economics, on par with my understanding as 12 year old hillbilly kid,

then how much smarter are boys from the sticks than worldly college educated feminists?

Blogger Le Regardeur March 27, 2017 3:53 PM  

@73 It's a feedback loop.

The comments about the tax system making it more efficient to do things for yourself is completely true. Most of my wife's relatives are farmers on relatively small farms. They do mostly vegetables and fruit, but they'll all have a few livestock on the go at a time - they pay someone to slaughter a bullock or a pig and chop it up and then freeze the lot. It's an enormous saving. They don't earn that much money but the amount of cash that they spend is very low.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 27, 2017 3:55 PM  

frigger611 wrote:then how much smarter are boys from the sticks than worldly college educated feminists?
About 6 inches and one red pill.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 4:07 PM  

"That certainly isn't an argument for legally discriminating against women nor against equal rights under the law for women."

You would be correct...if we weren't talking about...Jail. You ought to know this all too well.

Anonymous RabidRatel March 27, 2017 4:17 PM  

BBGKB wrote:Helicopters have weight limits, flight medics tell people that want to ride along "if you weight over xyz we will run out of fuel and crash"

Do you reckon this one will do for the larger species of landwhales?
https://infogalactic.com/info/File:Sikorsky_Skycrane_carrying_house_bw.jpg

Blogger Jew613 March 27, 2017 4:19 PM  

I'm glad Weldon has come to see reality, the tragedy is she only came to her senses at 85.

Blogger Lone Catholic March 27, 2017 4:21 PM  

It is both amusing and pathetic that non-Christians feel they need elaborate economic studies to prove what anyone -- even a simple, uneducated peasant -- innately knows: that feminism is evil.

In fact, any ideology or movement that purports to fight on behalf of the "oppressed" is evil.

Believe it or not, righteousness is simple. It need not be proved by theory or analysis. Had these non-Christians not been so bad-willed, so filled with pride that they thought they could solve the world's problems without God, we never would have had feminism. Or the black movement. Or any other kind of liberation movement that only led to misery, horror, and destruction.




Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 4:28 PM  

@VFM #6306

"Good idea, Samuree."

It's almost as if the Left doesn't care about objective reality, or what works, only about the appearance of pursuing an impossible "equality," the definition of which changes with the latest "progressive" fad. Or something.

Remember, you CAN make the inherently different, exactly the same, if you just BELIEVE in the narrative strongly enough. And if it turns out (unsurprisingly), that you can't, it's still good, because everyone knows that you genuflected to the current manifestation of the Great God Progress. That's what really matters, after all.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 4:36 PM  

"It's almost as if the Left doesn't care about objective reality, or what works, only about the appearance of pursuing an impossible "equality," the definition of which changes with the latest "progressive" fad. Or something."

Equality under the law. Is that so hard?

Anonymous basementhomebrewer March 27, 2017 4:40 PM  

Samuree wrote:"It's almost as if the Left doesn't care about objective reality, or what works, only about the appearance of pursuing an impossible "equality," the definition of which changes with the latest "progressive" fad. Or something."

Equality under the law. Is that so hard?


Yes, because you continually change the meaning of that term to suit your preferences. You choose not to see how the law is tilted to favor women in many instances, especially when it comes to child custody.

Blogger Gospace March 27, 2017 4:50 PM  

I've lived in my current small town for 17 years. Once again this year the top 2 graduates in the local high school will share some attributes. In particular, the following: Living with married mom and dad, both on the first and only marriage, with mom a full time housewife and mother. One of the two this year will belong to my wife and I.

Must be pure 100% coincidence, because the nearest city newspaper won't point that out, but will find an inner city HS where a black female raised by a single mother graduates first in her class, and write stories about how she overcame all those obstacles. Won't mention her SAT or ACT scores, just that she graduated first from an inner city HS, proving that broken families can raise kids just as well as a married mom and dad can.

Anonymous Discard March 27, 2017 4:52 PM  

83. Samuree: Are children treated as adults under the law? No, because they're not equal to adults. Neither are men and women equal, so there's no sense in bleating about equality under the law. Different situations, different rules.

Blogger Student in Blue March 27, 2017 4:53 PM  

Equality under the law. Is that so hard?

Equality is an impossible quest.

Anonymous A.B. Prosper March 27, 2017 4:54 PM  

The problem I have with the idea is while the percentage of women working since the 1960's has gone up, according to OECD stats for the US, its 65% part time workers.

caution PDF also includes European stats

http://www.ehs.org.uk/dotAsset/4e68f7d2-4ddb-4d34-889d-30c831beb6b1.pdf

In theory since most women who work, work part time and children are in school from age 4 to 6 until 17 or 18 , there would be enough time for parenting . Also typically part time jobs are not career focused and woman can for example parent for a time, send JR off to school and resume work

This might reduce numbers some, juggling to kids 3 years apart is more awkward but its not insurmountable given the near 2 TFR

This type of work shouldn't have a large impact on male wages for full time workers until the late 90's or so either since job categories are different

It will function as an IQ shredder since smarter better educated women higher social class tend to work full time which seems to be born out in educational stats ( along with the effects of the degradation of the public education system)

On top of that there has been virtually no large scale fluctuation in the overall White TFR since 1972 (2.0 to 1.7) but the rate of working women skyrocketed

Now wages have gone down tremendously since 1973 measured as GDP (about half) but I suspect while feminism is part of the problem (along with trade) , its only part.

Automation is the biggest culprit. Functionally from the late 40's till the early 70's men of modest intellect could get a job at a young age at union scale wages and this allowed for the suburban population boom

Those wages are gone for good for most and so the population boom will end with it and the natural tendency of urbanized societies will happen, population declines to carrying capacity (much lower)

Europe is the arch example, given the high unemployment in Europe (22% across the Euro Zone ) and the higher costs of living and density,fertility rates are pretty low.

Still given Italian unemployment (near 50% not counting low wage work) the fertility rate is pretty high which suggests if you fix the economy, remove kebab and clean up the cans, you should have a higher TFR

The only exception is Germany with 7% unemployment but again wages may not meet cost of living or peoples expectations and since they don't less babies. well that and Germans cultural PTSD

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 27, 2017 4:58 PM  

Samuree wrote:Equality under the law. Is that so hard?

It's not just hard, it's not even just impossible. It's a f'ing category error.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 27, 2017 5:00 PM  

The good thing is that the economic system discourages feminists from breeding.

The bad part is that the educational system heavily indoctrinates smart women in feminism.

Blogger John Williams March 27, 2017 5:02 PM  

@Samuree, Equality under the law does not mean a male engineer should make the same as a female third-grade teacher,yet this is what makes up the wage gap.

You talk about opportunity being important. Women have the opportunity to choose higher-paying positions, routinely choose lower paying jobs, then people like you act like someone's taking advantage of their inability to make a good choice.

Title IX failed. It merely resulted in men's programs getting shut down. It would have been more effective if it mandated women attend all the controversial programs & classes at the same level as men. Mandatory enrollment & atttendance for women would have resolved the issue.

There was a time the US men's Olympic gymnastic team had a lot of members that came from the UCLA men's gymnastic program. Because of Title IX and the lack of women in enrolling and sports, UCLA dropped men's gymnastics to be compliant with Federal Law. Can't see how that helped any women.

Blogger John Williams March 27, 2017 5:11 PM  

Samuree wrote: "Equality under the law. Is that so hard?"

Think if I looked up Vox's post on how women get 1/2 to 2/3's the sentence for crimes that men get she'd change her tune? Me neither. Time to end the dialectic.

Blogger Gospace March 27, 2017 5:13 PM  

Equality under the law is either attainable or non-attainable dependent solely on how you define equality. The few women I've seen in my job make, per hour, exactly the same as a man who has worked the same amount of time at the same place. But yet, in the course of a year, every one of the women I've seen in my job make less money per annum. Why? They decline overtime. Call in sick on holidays, whereas men drag themselves in no matter how sick they are. And come in for or are forced to stay for holiday overtime when the women call in sick.

Now, if someone insisted that equality meant we were paid the same per annum- there'd be problems. But that's also part of the so called "wage gap". But that's how some people want to define equality.

Blogger GracieLou March 27, 2017 5:18 PM  

Growing up people always said, "You don't want to be a bored housewife sitting home on your fat ass all day do you?" Yet everybody else's mom looked happier than mine, a chain-smoking, Valium-popping widow, who never stopped bitching and throwing psychotic fits about sorting mail at the post office, traffic, weather, chores, yard work, "smug" happily married couples and the burden of "all these effin' kids!" She was quite proud of not "needing" a man even though she collected copious Government cash from the Railroad Retirement Account for all her "effin' kids". She even had a "woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" fridge magnet. I learned to loathe feminism. And for any feminists reading this, you look fat in those vagina suits and I mean that sincerely.

I married young and had my perfect baby and stayed home. Was neither bored nor fat. A woman at home, who's really doing it right can give herself and her family an incredible quality of life. I'd even be willing to bet an increased life-span. Aside from the cleanliness, orderliness and good nutrition, there's the PEACE. You can't put a price on that.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 5:19 PM  

@Samuree

"I don't think this would work since most law-breaking men bla bla bla"

Clearly, we must do more to correct this egregious disparity in arrest and conviction rates between the sexes, which is obviously due solely to the toxic effects of female privilege.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 5:26 PM  

@Josh (the gayest thing here)

"Found the informant"

Surely you're not suggesting that publicly advocating for violence on a public forum might be more characteristic of provocateurs than honest posters?

Blogger VD March 27, 2017 5:39 PM  

Equality under the law. Is that so hard?

Apparently. Even you don't want to treat men and women equally when it comes to prison.

If you don't, then why do you expect anyone else to do so with regards to their pet issues? Your argument is totally incoherent.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 5:42 PM  

@Samuree

"Equality under the law. Is that so hard?"

Treating different things "equally" is not justice. Is that so hard?

Your pathetic failure to appreciate the constantly-changing (and impossible to to achieve) nature of the leftist definition of "equality" is duly noted.

Anonymous A.B. Prosper March 27, 2017 5:50 PM  

BBGKB wrote:Helicopters have weight limits, flight medics tell people that want to ride along "if you weight over xyz we will run out of fuel and crash"

Helicopters are traditional but a C130 could handle over 1000 land-whales, 2000 regular sized or 3000 scrawny ones per payload

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 5:52 PM  

@Snidely Whiplash

"It's not just hard, it's not even just impossible. It's a f'ing category error."

OK, that's the best poop-touching answer so far.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 6:03 PM  

@A.B. Prosper

"Helicopters are traditional but a C130 could handle over 1000 land-whales, 2000 regular sized or 3000 scrawny ones per payload"

C130? Or C5?

Blogger Bob Loblaw March 27, 2017 6:07 PM  

I rather think that feminism was enabled by women going to work.

Feminism would have existed in the absence of help from other actors, but it would probably be languishing in intellectual backwaters without a push from people (governments and corporations) who stand to benefit. It may be a coincidence the successful "civil rights" movements of the late 20th century centered around jobs and drastically increased the pool of labor available to businesses. But I doubt it.

Blogger Joab March 27, 2017 6:11 PM  

-Surely you're not suggesting that publicly advocating for violence on a public forum might be more characteristic of provocateurs than honest posters?-

I'm not really advocating for it so much as lamenting that we have arrived at this.

I would much rather have the US culture of my childhood, when Republicans and Democrats went to the same backyard parties in my neighborhood, ate the same hot dogs, drank the same cokes, shared the same Sun. Now, we have black-suited antifas running around and formerly easygoing people beating them with American flags, chanting about helicopter rides.

Its obvious where this will end up. It may take several more years, but it will end badly for many of us.

I don't look forward to it. Its more like wanting a surgical procedure to be already over instead of waiting for it and the inevitable painful recovery.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 6:18 PM  

"36. Samuree: Women need to make the babies in order that humanity shall survive. Smart women need to make babies in order that civilization shall survive. Blathering about opportunity and equality and discrimination in the face of these facts is a sign of stupidity."

It takes 10 minutes to make a baby. I'm sure it can fit in to the lunch break.

Also, concerning the "equality" thing, it's all about equality under the law.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash March 27, 2017 6:22 PM  

Samuree wrote:It takes 10 minutes to make a baby. I'm sure it can fit in to the lunch break.

Also, concerning the "equality" thing, it's all about equality under the law.


It's one thing to be a stupid gamma. IT's another thing entirely to insist on proving it at every possible opportunity.

Oh, wait, no it isn't.

Secret Genius is right again!

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 6:24 PM  

"Are children treated as adults under the law? No, because they're not equal to adults. Neither are men and women equal, so there's no sense in bleating about equality under the law. Different situations, different rules."

Clearly men and women are different. But they both become adults. They both ought to have the same rights. Both are able to do things the others may not. Both contribute to society. Both can do the same work. Both are citizens. Both subject to criminal law.

It's simple. You are just thinking with your dick.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 6:26 PM  

"It's not just hard, it's not even just impossible. It's a f'ing category error."

Simple question: Is it possible to write a law that outlaws murder of both men and women?

Who let you out?

Equality under the law. It's not that hard.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 6:32 PM  

"Apparently. Even you don't want to treat men and women equally when it comes to prison."

Who said I didn't want to? I said it's not a good idea due to men's unseemly behavior. Plus, as you very well know, once in prison, it's quite common and legal to remove certain rights.

"If you don't, then why do you expect anyone else to do so with regards to their pet issues? Your argument is totally incoherent."

Have dispensed with your first comment, this one makes little sense. But I'll ask you what I asked above with regard to simple equality under the law: Is it possible to write a law that outlaws the murder of both men and women? If it is, then you have a good example of equality under the law. The law should not discriminate. What's legal for one sex or illegal for one sex ought to be illegal or legal for the other.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 6:39 PM  

"Yes, because you continually change the meaning of that term to suit your preferences. You choose not to see how the law is tilted to favor women in many instances, especially when it comes to child custody."

Well, we should fix that custody thing.

Anonymous A.B. Prosper March 27, 2017 6:45 PM  

Francis Parker Yockey wrote:@A.B. Prosper

"Helicopters are traditional but a C130 could handle over 1000 land-whales, 2000 regular sized or 3000 scrawny ones per payload"

C130? Or C5?


C130 Hercules of course. Its fitting to use Hercules to clean the filth from our proverbial stables.

It looks like the C5 would provide good service as well though.

Decisions, decisions.

Blogger Elizabeth March 27, 2017 7:05 PM  

Sam th Man wrote:Not mentioned is something my wife has seen, compared to what her mother's existence in the 1970s:

The death of female organizations.

It used to be the stay at mom moms would devote themselves to activities of use to the women and society at large. My wife' mother did that sort of thing in the 1970s, with a few different female social groups, some church based some not. Now with so many of the get up and go type women working these organizations are for the most part gone or are dying. A small continent of older women still exist in them, there is an almost complete lack of women in pre 60 age group.

There is a real loss here. These collective societies were one of the ways that female wisdom was passed down from generation to generation, as thee organizations were all women of many generations, for the most part run by older women who no longer had young kids to attend to. Women tended o entre these organizations in their early 30s, when the kids were all off at school. The inherent issues they were facing, which they thought were new, were things the older women had all faced and overcome. Now that intergenerational wisdom path is gone. A lot of female wisdom that existed in 1970 has been lost from the collective female zeitgeist today, replaced by intra generational thoughts, which given the modern world are so much vapid sophistry.


Various charities used to be dependent on housewives; now, they're more dependent on retirees.

Modern-day people may laugh at the members of Women's Club (the one in my hometown went out of business), but many a school, park and library owes its existence to the lobbying and fundraising abilities of the ladies in the late 19th and early-to-mid-20th centuries.

Women tend to be more sociable than men and are typically the social directors of their households. Women make the phone calls, send out the cards, plan the parties, etc. Women in the workforce have less time to socialize, less time to make friends.

Blogger Front toward enemy March 27, 2017 7:13 PM  

@ samuree...mandatory female selective service registration, mandatory combat assignments..."under the law"? Equal divorce/custody "under the law"? Equal representation in professional sports "under the law"? I guess I should stop trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 27, 2017 7:34 PM  

I've taught in one of these failing black schools.

A "diploma" from one is really just an affidavit that the kid in question committed no felonies on school grounds lol.

Anyway, congratulations on your kid's high performance. I hope my children perform that well.

Blogger Natalie March 27, 2017 7:43 PM  

Gracie Lou - I read somewhere that babies in utero do indeed send stem cells out repairing bits and pieces of their mother's bodies. I don't how that correlates to lifespan, but I did find it fascinating that the exchange does go both ways (ie babies aren't parasites!).

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 7:43 PM  

@Joab

"I'm not really advocating for it"

I didn't actually think you were, which was why I phrased it in general terms. I was just going along with the previous response to your comment. If nothing else, if you don't own a helicopter, it's hardly a specific, credible threat. Agree with the rest of your post.

Anonymous Jack Amok March 27, 2017 7:50 PM  

Size XL and up...

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 7:50 PM  

@Snidley Whiplash

"Secret Genius is right again!"

This is actually getting pretty entertaining-- comical, really. It appears that he's taking the second sentence as a premise, in order to arrive at the first sentence as a conclusion.

Like this:
1. The government needs to mandate "equality."
2. Once they do so, that means that men and woman are "equal."
3. Since men and women are now equal, and a man can make a baby in 10 minutes, then a woman can, too.
4. QED

Is it really possible for someone to have so little insight into their own "reasoning" processes?

Anonymous Eric the Red March 27, 2017 7:52 PM  

When held up against the light of reality, all leftist ideology always comes down to this rejoinder: We don't care if it makes things worse, instead what's most important is living up to our fantasy ideals no matter what.

And this is also always coupled with the unstated corollary: if you don't like it, then we want you dead because the excuses we make for our ideology eventually and essentially amount to suicide anyway.

Anonymous Eric the Red March 27, 2017 7:55 PM  

When held up against the light of reality, all leftist ideology always comes down to this rejoinder: We don't care if it makes things worse, instead what's most important is living up to our fantasy ideals no matter what.

And this is also always coupled with the unstated corollary: if you don't like it, then we want you dead because the excuses we make for our ideology eventually and essentially amount to suicide anyway.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 27, 2017 7:55 PM  

@A.B. Prosper

"It looks like the C5 would provide good service as well though."

I was just thinking that, given your initial numbers, a C5 should handle--
>9000

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 27, 2017 8:05 PM  

Then let them succeed and fail in the same manner.
We don't have that though. They get special consideration.

Deep down even the most deluded Marxists know that we are good at different things, as individuals, as men or women, as ethnic groups, as regional cultures, etc. affirmative action, harassment laws, cultural double standards, can't be there for "equality of opportunity" at this point.

They are there to ensure equality of outcome, which they fail at miserably.

Deep down all Leftists know that working until midnight, fighting for the top spot, out competing others, and accepting defeat are male strengths. They know that men will head up the companies if merit alone is used as a metric, simply because an occupation is a bigger part of a man's identity than a woman's. On the whole, that is; the exceptions prove the rule.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer March 27, 2017 8:40 PM  

Both can do the same work.

Thought you could sneak that one in there? Liar and you know it. When it comes to manual labor, women never do equal work. There is a reason the physical requirements are always lowered when not "enough" women qualify. It's because (on average) they can't do the same work.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 8:42 PM  

mandatory female selective service registration, mandatory combat assignments..."under the law"?

YES

Equal divorce/custody "under the law"?
YES

Equal representation in professional sports "under the law"?
NO

Equality under the law. It's not that hard.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 8:47 PM  

"Both can do the same work.

Thought you could sneak that one in there? Liar and you know it. When it comes to manual labor, women never do equal work. "

As long as there is no law against a woman doing manual labor and as long as they are physically able then why not? Many women like many men won't cut it. As long as men and women capable of the work are not discriminated against, then alls well.

Blogger Harsh March 27, 2017 8:52 PM  

"Both can do the same work"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Blogger Gospace March 27, 2017 9:03 PM  

Samuree March 27, 2017 8:42 PM
mandatory female selective service registration, mandatory combat assignments..."under the law"?

YES


NO!
There's no compelling need to endanger male combat troops or increasing the odds of defeat by placing females in combat assignments.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 9:09 PM  

"There's no compelling need to endanger male combat troops or increasing the odds of defeat by placing females in combat assignments."

Agreed. And if the recruit can't cut it...they are gone.

And for the reason, there is no compelling reason for women to be denied equal protection under the law.

Blogger Yarnwinder March 27, 2017 9:23 PM  

Feminism is a mess, granted. I lost interest when it seemed one had to be gay to join.

But culture helped it along. Check out all those delightful comedies from the 50s and 60s. The woman was always a ding-bat, sitting at home watching soap operas all day. Doris Day was always portrayed as an excellent mother, but the man in her life worried more about how she inconvenienced him and how silly she was. Then there was 'How to Murder Your Wife'...brother!

I agree that female abilities are not the same as male abilities. Rosie the Riveter was willing to go back home when the men returned from the war, but it was not wise for the men to laugh at her for doing so.

Blogger wreckage March 27, 2017 10:06 PM  

Ultimately this is driven by the fact that a woman's labour and value-add in the traditional context is of enormous material value... BUT NOT TAXABLE.

In support of Vox hypothesis, most dual-income families raising children actually find themselves at zero net benefit, or even slightly worse off, than if one stayed home. But in the latter scenario, GDP doesn't rise and less tax is paid, so governments have less spending money and less collateral to borrow against.

All of the productivity gains since the 70's have actually gone to the government. Much of the theoretical gain from global trade has done the same, since the specifics favour the death of small, low or zero tax local producers in favour of inferior but much much more profitable importers - who pay much, much more tax and contribute more to MEASURED GDP.

Much of the current brouha over globalization, tax havens, multinational companies, and so on, is actually being given credence for one reason: the government has discovered that the market, including consumers, have figured out the game and are now playing it very effectively.

The rulers have discovered, possibly too late, that - HORRORS - their welfare is DOWNSTREAM from the national welfare. The damage they have inflicted with all these policies, including "encouraging women back to the workforce" which is functionally identical to "penalizing stay at home mums" is becoming apparent.

Why can we expect to see change? Because the insulation is being stripped away and the elites are finding the chilled national economy is not to their liking.

Anonymous Eric the Red March 27, 2017 10:08 PM  

Equality is the Be All and the End All!
Everything done in the Holy name of Equality !!!

Equality can be judged only in materialistic terms; egalitarianism is the materialist/humanist substitute for morality.

Leftists don't care that it inevitably makes things worse, what's most important is living up to their idealistic fantasy... and forcing YOU to do the same.

BTW, here's the Final Theorem to round out the Reductive Response and its Corollary: In a perverse twist of logic, the leftist mind comes to the conclusion that the best, in fact the only proof of their ideology is indeed dying on that hill, i.e., the commission of destruction both self and otherwise.

Blogger SirHamster March 27, 2017 10:32 PM  

A.B. Prosper wrote:C130 Hercules of course. Its fitting to use Hercules to clean the filth from our proverbial stables.

It looks like the C5 would provide good service as well though.

Decisions, decisions.



Maybe we should reconsider this as a Berlin Airlift moment.

All available transportation aircraft dedicated to giving commies free rides.

Anonymous Samuree March 27, 2017 10:48 PM  

"Equality can be judged only in materialistic terms"

Not true. Equal protection under the law isn't measured in materialistic terms.

Blogger Noah B The MacroAggressor March 27, 2017 11:19 PM  

If those big evil corporations are willing to do anything to turn a profit, and it's also true that women do the same quality of work as men for 25% less, then corporations would be hiring only women.

Anonymous Discard March 27, 2017 11:37 PM  

104. Samuree: Ten minutes to make a baby? Try nine months. And 18 years of rearing to get them to grow straight.

106. Samuree: As rare as thinking is, men are still much more likely to think about things than women are. Few women think; they feel instead. Whereas about one White American man in four is fit to be a citizen, only about one in twenty White American women is. Which is why sensible, thinking societies consider most women to be more than children but less than adults, and treat them accordingly.
BTW, no, women cannot do the same work as men as well as men do it. Female "firefighters"?

122. Samuree: Mandatory combat assignments for women? Epic failure. Idiot.

Sorry for the poop-touching, Nate. I'm just practicing. I've got my gloves on.

Anonymous Clay March 28, 2017 1:17 AM  

I know, it's different for every military....even our own, sometimes. (Batallions, Brigades, Companys, etc.)

Why do the American women, who are so head-strong to be in the military, WANT to be "integrated" with men?

Why can't they form an all-wimmen battalion? Has any woman ever even suggested it?

ALL Officers women.

Anonymous Clay March 28, 2017 5:09 AM  

It's been a long time since I looked this up, but...I just thought it might be educational for anyone who might give a crap.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/military-unit

Anonymous Eric the Red March 28, 2017 5:48 AM  

@131:
Absolutely true. "Equal protection under the law" is a lofty meaningless phrase. Only it's outcomes can be measured, in materialistic terms.

And like everything purporting to be equal, it is a lie. We don't need equality under the law, we need consistent application of the law. But the left has debased the language so much that gaseous idealistic fantasies are now the order of the day.

Blogger Daniel March 28, 2017 7:20 AM  

I am like yourvfathers, and my brothers are the lots of travels and expensive car type one child only mothering at 35. Sometimes they pity me, i know, but I would not change places, ever. I prefer to have the old fiat car and my three kids

Blogger wreckage March 28, 2017 8:04 AM  

Only two kids, because reasons, but we had 'em young. My sister has four. Possibly because she's a thinking type and knew you can't have a career into your mid forties and then start a family, unless you're a guy. Nature doesn't give a fuck about equality.

She's got a degree, some post-grad quals, and four kids.

A big part of fertility decline in the West, PARTICULARLY the Anglosphere, is psychologically castrated men. Some believe they can be boys forever, others believe the malthusian bullshit that their children would steal the bread from their mouths, none have any desire to be husbands and fathers.

Blogger Yarnwinder March 28, 2017 9:54 AM  

wreckage

I look forward to more of your posts, you seem to have your head on straight.

So prying women into the workforce when they didn't need to go was yet one more government scam. Also, the 'too many people' scam. And if you aren't having kids, ya gotta do something, yes?

Then there is the Playboy syndrome where men remain free and happy bachelors indefinately. Then Cosmo copied that model for women.

What a world.

I don't think we can go back to pre-Industrial Revolution society where the entire family was at home...well...surviving. At least they were together.

What would be an ideal model for THIS century?

Anonymous Eduardo the Magnificent March 28, 2017 11:55 AM  

Samuree wrote:"
It takes 10 minutes to make a baby.


You're a fucking idiot.

Anonymous craig March 28, 2017 2:03 PM  

108. Samuree "...Is it possible to write a law that outlaws the murder of both men and women? If it is, then you have a good example of equality under the law. The law should not discriminate. What's legal for one sex or illegal for one sex ought to be illegal or legal for the other."

So it ought to be equally illegal for a woman to abort her unwanted unborn child, as for a man to compel abortion of his unwanted unborn child.

Or else it ought to be equally legal for a man to disavow all legal responsibilities for an unwanted child, as for a woman to give up an unwanted child for adoption.

Blogger JP March 28, 2017 10:34 PM  

Fuck off. If we had actual equality, affirmative action would be illegal, discrimination laws would be repealed, family courts would play fair, false rape accusations would be punished with jail time, and bullshit grants for progressive crap would be repealed.

Let me know when feminists are ready to roll the clock back to 1919, and maybe I'll take them seriously. As it is, they're the best argument for repealing the 19th amendment.

Blogger wreckage March 29, 2017 9:19 AM  

@140 It's not a conspiracy so much as blindness and convergence of interest. Which is why it will turn around; because ultimately it doesn't work. We'll fix it, prosper, forget, and the parasitism will renew, over and over... but just as the career parasites return to the ruling caste, so they are eventually purged from it again.

My advice? Move somewhere housing is cheap, preferably have your own business, profession or trade, and home-school. That's the way of resilience and even anti-fragility, that's where culture is preserved during cyclic collapse.

Works magnificently in the short term, too. Probably why the powers-that-be hate small and rural towns.

Blogger Olivia Smith March 29, 2017 10:36 AM  

Hello everyone, I'm here to let the whole world know of a man called Dr. Ekpen he is a spell caster and he is the man that helps me in my restore my marriage when my husband broke up with me, he use his power and gift to restore joy in my relationship. I want to also let the whole world know that he can still help if you are been blackmail by someone or you want to win a court case he can help. Contact him today via email: ekpentemple@gmail.com or you can whatsapp him on +2347050270218.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts