ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, April 14, 2017

On vulgarity

I am getting more than a little tired of the unending stream of vulgarity pouring out of a) some of the newer commenters and b) the usual suspects. First, my occasional use of the same does not constitute permission for you. Second, it is particularly unacceptable when directed at fellow commenters. Third, it makes me want to stop paying attention to the blog, so I can only imagine how it affects the casual readers. There is a reason I and many of the long-time commenters have increasingly disengaged from the comments; I have no interest in attempting to communicate with people who emote rather than think before they speak.

Seriously, get a grip. "TRUMP HAS CUCKED AND BETRAYED US ALL, THE END IS NIGH AND REICHSFUHRER KRISTOL REIGSN UBER ALLES!" doesn't make you look clever, or smart, or even sane. There is not only no need for you to announce your opinion of every zig and zag of foreign policy, but the unpredictability of the God-Emperor all but guarantees that you're going to look like a complete buffooon within days, if not hours, regardless of what you say.

On a tangential note, I note that, as I anticipated, virtually no one has acknowledged that I correctly observed, from the very start, the way in which the Syrian cruise missile attack was primarily about China and North Korea. So, next time, don't ask me to make my predictions on this sort of thing public if I have chosen to withhold them for one reason or another. There is literally no reason for me to do so. When I get it wrong like everyone else, I hear about it for years. And when I am very nearly the only one to get it more or less right, everyone either ignores it or simply pretends it was obvious in retrospect.  Now, I'm not annoyed, I expected this, and I'm simply taking the opportunity to remind those of you who asked me to share my interpretation on the day of the missile attacks that I will not pay any heed to such requests in the future.

Anyhow, the moderators and I are going to start deleting comments containing vulgarity on sight and spamming those who refuse to moderate their language. Nor am I interested in any discussion of what words are acceptable and what are not. If you're going to play the childish game of "let's see how close to the line I can dance", I'm just going to delete your comment for being tedious and immature. If your comment is nothing but an insult directed at me or someone else, it's instant spam. And remember, these are Google comments and any spamming will affect your account across all Google products.

I don't blog for the comments. I don't get a rush out of seeing lots of comments. I'd much rather have five intelligent comments than 400 comments when most of them consist of idiots escalating rhetorical hostilities and talking past each other. While it's fine to criticize, disagree, and utilize rhetoric, you're going to have to learn how to do so without resorting to the insults and vulgarities that many of you have been using in the recent past.

There is no point in asking for clarification or trying to argue for the benefits of free speech here. The comments exist as a courtesy I extended in response to requests from my readers. If they annoy me sufficiently, I will simply turn them off and continue to blog as before. So, if you happen to want to have this particular microphone available to you, please treat it with more care and respect.

And for God's sake, stop touching the poop! It's not that hard. You're not the poop police. And you're not helping. Unless you have deletion powers, you are not part of the cleanup process, you're part of the problem.

UPDATE: From a longtime reader:
I appreciate the vulgarity crackdown.  I had indeed been spending less
time on your site, and, especially, less time reading the comments,
because of the language used.
I had sensed as much. I probably should have done it right after the election, but better late than never.

Labels:

262 Comments:

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 262 of 262
Blogger Roger G2 April 14, 2017 3:53 PM  

First and only mention I saw of the Syria strike being about the Asian mess was right here. I for one can appreciate, if no one else will. Keep up this great blog, VD. It's the only blog I check on a daily basis, and the internet would be boring without it.

Blogger Matthew April 14, 2017 3:58 PM  

Stickwick wrote:Since I spilled the beans, everyone said it's okay to tell y'all that the group is called "Young Heaving Bosoms of Liberty."

And for spilling the beans, Stickwick has been forced to change her username there to WREwick.

Anonymous Siobhan April 14, 2017 3:58 PM  

Officially jealous.

Blogger Bobby Dupea April 14, 2017 3:58 PM  

Thanks. Never read the comments, anyway, because I also don't visit taverns with dumb people who talk too much.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that we dropped the MOAB when Korea has the most extensive underground network in the history of the world.

Anonymous CharlieB April 14, 2017 4:00 PM  

The amount of slack (((Vox Day))) and other Trump supporters are willing to give this president and the amount of incompetence (((Vox))) thinks is ok in a leader is disheartening.

Additionally, it's true that if anyone else had so much circumstantial evidence pointing at their collusion with a foreign power for the purpose of screwing America (((Vox))) and others would be screaming bloody murder.

Hypocrisy is disheartening.

Anonymous Stickwick (possibly StickWREck) April 14, 2017 4:02 PM  

Matthew: And for spilling the beans, Stickwick has been forced to change her username there to WREwick.

How about StickWREck? And I'll bring an extra bottle of tequila this weekend.

Anonymous CharlieB April 14, 2017 4:04 PM  

"THERE WAS NO SUCH PROMISE."

'NATO is obsolete' ... not any more.

'Obamacare will be repealed day one' ...not any more.

'Drain the Swamp'....or just bring in more Wall Street Bankers.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 4:04 PM  

CharlieB wrote:The amount of slack (((Vox Day))) and other Trump supporters are willing to give this president and the amount of incompetence (((Vox))) thinks is ok in a leader is disheartening.
You know that communication gap that Vox talks about, between the genius and the midwit? Yeah, Trump isn't the midwit. The fact that you don't understand what is going on is no argument that it is incompetence, especially given the competence already displayed.

CharlieB wrote:Additionally, it's true that if anyone else had so much circumstantial evidence pointing at their collusion with a foreign power for the purpose of screwing America (((Vox))) and others would be screaming bloody murder.
The "circumstantial evidence" is created out of wholecloth by the CIA at the instigation of the Democrat party. It's simply inarguable.

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable April 14, 2017 4:05 PM  

(((Vox)))

Say no more. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Could be taken on holiday ...

Anonymous CharlieB April 14, 2017 4:15 PM  

"The "circumstantial evidence" is created out of wholecloth by the CIA at the instigation of the Democrat party. It's simply inarguable."

And yet it's argued all the time....not the part about the CIA. That's just ludicrous, otherwise (((you))) would provide a link. What's argued over is whether the collusion was for profit, political gain or both.

But yeah, that pizzagate thing has legs. Why no FISA warrants like there were for numerous Trump cronies?

Blogger DonReynolds April 14, 2017 4:25 PM  

Thank you.

Blogger VD April 14, 2017 4:35 PM  

I guess I just like to scrap.

That's fine. This isn't the place for it.

And Javier, it's fine that you don't trust me. It's fine that you don't trust Trump. It's fine that you don't like Jews.

It's not fine that you're tedious, repetitive, and monomaniacal. Don't comment here anymore.

Blogger tublecane April 14, 2017 4:38 PM  

@210-The communication gap (which I think ought to be blamed on the higher intelligences, especially on a blog that spends so much time going over the importance of rhetoric*) isn't the issue. Because Trump is a Great Communicator, when he wants to be. What's at issue is how to interpret his actions when you can't necessarily trust his words. For if Vox is right, Trump has been dissembling.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I hope Trump was lying about his motives regarding Syria.

*That is, concerning inter-wit communication. When a mid-wit overhears conversations above his head, his duty is to try his hardest to understand or defer. That's not the situation with Trump, though, who is a politician and either duty-bound to explain things or keep them secret.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 4:40 PM  

CharlieB wrote:'NATO is obsolete' ... not any more.
Not a promise.
'Obamacare will be repealed day one' ...not any more.
Presidents don't repeal. Talk to your congresspedo.
'Drain the Swamp'....or just bring in more Wall Street Bankers.
Drain The Swamp is not a promise not to hire Jews.

That all you got?

Blogger tublecane April 14, 2017 4:42 PM  

@213-"when you can't necessarily trust his words"

That's all the time, I realize. I probably should say when you have reason to doubt his words, and especially when you manifestly can't trust him.

Blogger tublecane April 14, 2017 4:43 PM  

@210-You use a loaded word: "collusion."

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 4:59 PM  

Give us your "circumstantial evidence", which is no such thing, of collusion.

Blogger Patrikbc April 14, 2017 5:00 PM  

You kids, don't make me come down there!

Blogger Ken Prescott April 14, 2017 5:06 PM  

Ah, memories of a funny moment in the Marine Corps:

The squadron CO, in front of the group CO, while conducting the squadron monthly all-hands: "There's too much (expletive deleted) profanity around here."

We all laughed.

His brain then processed what had come out of his mouth. He hadn't INTENDED to be comical, but there it was.

He then said, "And that is an example of the problem, that was all my fault, and I apologize. I promise to put a tighter rein on my mouth. I request that all hands do likewise."

We stopped laughing. A commander's request is an order--politely expressed, true enough, but an order, nevertheless. And we did clean up our language--and that paid off in a lot less hostility and anger while dealing with the stressors of keeping 12 F/A-18A Hornets flyable and making sure we were ready to go to war.

(To understand, the F/A-18 was, in those days of yore, regarded as a step backwards from the glorious days of the F-4 Phantom II, much as the F-35 is regarded relative to the F/A-18 today...)

Blogger marco moltisanti April 14, 2017 5:10 PM  

O domine acerbe, I think.

Blogger Javier April 14, 2017 5:16 PM  

Vox, Lol mono maniacal? Tedious? You don't address the biggest issue in politics Ever! I don't have a personal issue with all Jews, if they didn't mess with every state In the world I would be just fine. The reality is that they don't. For a guy that thinks that he is so smart you are Clearly are or quite stupid (which I don't think it's the case), or quite dishonest which is the mostly likely scenario. I'm OK with donald, so long he doesn't make a major idiotic mistake like bombing a Russian base or something like that. If he does even 50 per cent of what he sets up to do its just fine. Don't take it personally if I don't trust you, I usually don't trust anyone with many followers, they always hide some skeletons. I can be whatever I want to be so please don't tell me what to do, and you can keep ignoring the real issue if you want to, you have every right and you must have your reasons. But There is a reason the subject is tedious even to myself, cause people like you, cernovich, Alex Jones, the rebel media, who claim to be the alternative way to the mainstream media, are just as as bad or even worse. That is all

Anonymous ATMEGA April 14, 2017 5:19 PM  

Ezekiel Cassandros wrote:@ATMEGA

"Doesn't matter if the Syrian Tomahawks had accomplished 1000 years of peace, he still broke his promise."

You are either an enemy infiltrator, or very mercurial.

Wait and see, and soon you will have another data point when assessing whose voice can be trusted.


The problem with 'wait and see' is that that is what voters have been doing since politicians started being politicians. It is the opposite of 'start using your God-given brain'. Not trying to insult anyone I am just pointing out the obvious that shooting missiles at Syria is extremely unlikely to be good for America. I'm sure Israel approves though - but Israel isn't America. No more data-points needed.

Blogger Javier April 14, 2017 5:19 PM  

It is when you promise to bomb isis, not the guy who is killing isis (something trump himself said). There is a big difference there, let's hope it was a 1 time thing

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 5:28 PM  

What part of "Don't comment here anymore." are you too stupid to understand?

Blogger My Dead Gramps April 14, 2017 5:29 PM  

Secret King. Last word. Never fails.

Blogger Garuda1 April 14, 2017 5:44 PM  

/pol/ is always right...people need to lurk moar before commenting. I've been reading for years and I, too, miss the old comment section of glory. Nate, Josh, Stickwick, the good Rabbi, and the other regulars kept the comments fun and dynamic (guns, booze, and politics all in one place with good-natured teasing all around? Most excellent). Hope to join the Dread Ilk one day at their safe space, but for now know that your old commentary is missed by the lurkers! Props to Vox for keeping things reasonable and for the insight into the patterns of life and history that I hadn't considered before.

Blogger Javier April 14, 2017 5:47 PM  

I responded for the last time u mental midget, I'm done with this blog for shills. I don't know how I ended up here, but for sure it was a mistake. Chao boludo

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 5:50 PM  

My Dead Gramps wrote:Secret King. Last word. Never fails.
Javier wrote:I'm done with this blog for shills.

Spot on Gramps.

Blogger Matt April 14, 2017 6:54 PM  

I do miss the old days. When a thread would only have 200+ comments because of Riker refusing his own command.

Blogger VD April 14, 2017 7:14 PM  

Javier, I repeat: don't comment here anymore. Your opinions are neither needed nor desired.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) April 14, 2017 7:31 PM  

I do miss the old days. When a thread would only have 200+ comments because of Riker refusing his own command.

Has anyone told Nate yet?

Blogger Tom Kratman April 14, 2017 7:56 PM  

You're still a complete waste of life and prime candidate for the let's-improve-the-human-gene-pool, fop. Besides being a rancid, runny, and rotten set of female genitalia.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents April 14, 2017 8:06 PM  

@231

Has anyone told Nate yet?


Perhaps he's busy planning how to defend the West Coast against invasion.

Blogger Lovekraft April 14, 2017 8:18 PM  

The alt-right will either be subsumed and trodden upon by the next era of shitlords

or

it will emerge as a potent and relevant source of social indication.

We're pretty much ready for both scenarios.

Blogger JaimeInTexas April 14, 2017 8:19 PM  

The frequency of my posts is directly related to how slow my work is. I always able to read but not respond. Also, when the subject matter is none of my cocern, for example, music, I leave it alone.
As to vulgarity, I seldom use it. It is not my normal way of speech. It seemed to me, though, that there were many new comers that were just name calling and not adding much.
Regardless, even when in disagreement with VD, I will continue to read him. How can I stop a habit formed when I used to read WND.

Anonymous Mathias April 14, 2017 9:21 PM  

@236,

I know that feel, my truck is broken down and I'm stuck at the house for a few days while the parts come in.

Anonymous Deplorable Winning April 14, 2017 9:34 PM  

Apparently some snippets from the President-Hillary and Vox-Is-Always-Wrong timelines bled over into this thread.

Blogger Matthew April 14, 2017 9:36 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Matthew April 14, 2017 9:53 PM  

Blast it, Snidely.

Blogger Mountain Man April 14, 2017 9:57 PM  

Being an individual who has liberally thrown expletives around on the comment board..your request has been heard and will be honored. Not easy as f - bombs and a sundry other expletives are hurled - both in and out of the home - on a regular basis. Never personally directed at people per se..but none the less - used liberally. My blessed wife - is very tolerant of it and has come to accept this part of me. Working around loggers every day - its just a part of the word that I live in.
Its not even a symptom of the times. Recently, I stumbled on this very old manuscript describing the writers experience of witnessing woodcutters cutting the “Kings Pine” - here in the new world ( circa early 1700s) . He stated that thought the woodcutters were very upright and honorable men when working “ many oafs and cusses were to be heard”

Anonymous MendoScot April 14, 2017 9:59 PM  

As my Gran would say...

"Fock aye"

A wee swearie might give ya a rest,
But where is yer han and yer heart?

Anonymous Ken7- April 14, 2017 10:57 PM  

The Anonymous Conservative has written that after the collapse, those things that are obvious to us now such as differences between people and the agenda of globalism will be claimed as the always held truth by a lot of people.

As for the Syria strike prediction, I gave you real life credit. I came here because I figured that most of those who were jumping ugly about the strike -i.e. about 98% of the alt-right- were emoting rather than observing. Well, I've learned not to underestimate Trump, but I also wasn't sure which pieces of the global game of power was in probable play. Your explanation made a lot of sense, particularly in keeping with how Trump operates. A phone call from my work boss asking me what "was really going on" led to me giving him your answer and then a text of the url. We've been having a lot of based conversations and the guy is in the process of getting red pilled.

Assume the credit. You often get credit in the form of a new silent reader.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 11:05 PM  

Matthew wrote:Blast it, Snidely.
Whaaaat? WuddIdo?

Blogger Mountain Man April 14, 2017 11:12 PM  

How did LBF manage to fly in under the radar.? C’mon Old Wrinkles..how do you have time to comment here ? I though it was all taken up servicing your harem of 25 year olds..


Oh thats right ..don’t touch the poop - my bad !

Blogger Mish in Utah April 14, 2017 11:15 PM  

Thank you for cracking down!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 14, 2017 11:20 PM  

Oh, ummmm

Sorry.

Blogger DeploraBard April 15, 2017 12:00 AM  

My wife often asks "What did Vox say about it?". Trump is playing a dangerous game. Chaos happens quickly. The cost of a nuke hitting Seoul, Beijing, or Japan would be terrible. Pray it goes as planned.

Anonymous Rambam April 15, 2017 2:02 AM  

Vulgarity is the least of our problems. And as far
sin goes, it is insignificant.

Anonymous Gurpgork April 15, 2017 2:51 AM  

The Korea call was incredible. It got 2 friends into reading your blog.

Blogger William Hudson April 15, 2017 9:49 AM  

@242 Ken7- As an ordinary Trump voter, I confess that I, too, emoted profusely for a very short while. Then, I remembered that God Almighty is in control of things, not our dear Donald. That allowed me to calm down and observe these events in a somewhat saner manner.

I was ranked #2 in my junior high school chess club & tournaments in the early 60's, but even my 2D chess game has gone south over the years. I'll leave the 3D & 4D chess game assessments to the younger and smarter VFM & Dread Ilk. Once again, thanks to all of you who contribute solid thoughts & ideas to VD and his one-of-a-kind blog.

Thought for Tomorrow: He is RISEN!

Blogger Kentucky Packrat April 15, 2017 10:13 AM  

The NeoCons and globalists ignore a needed principal in International politics: There is nothing wrong with letting your opponent "win" by doing what you want them to do.

North Korea is getting so unstable that South Korea and Japan will be forced to work together to invade sometime in the next decade. China doesn't want a unified Korea, and especially a unified Korea that owes Japan. China would consider it a win to keep a vassal state in North Korea, run by either a controllable Kim or a rational general.

What most observers don't realize is that Japan and the US would consider this a win too, and most of South Korea would be happy with it as a draw. SK wants North Korea to work itself out of abject poverty slowly, so it doesn't have to try to absorb the entire country right after a brutal war (East Germany on steroids). Japan would have to abandon its "self-defense only" appearance (gone in reality, but the "face" is still there), and it really can't afford a big war right now. The US military isn't capable of slugging it out with the North Koreans and the Chinese on their home turf any more (and we're even more broke).

For all involved, there should be nothing wrong with letting the Chinese score the win, and letting them handle the heavy lifting in the problem. It's only the neocons who can't let a nationalist win occur who have any reason to be upset at the prospect.

Blogger Shimshon April 15, 2017 3:52 PM  

Stickwick, is the super-secret thing for real? Did you violate the fist rule of said super-secret club?

Blogger Casher O'Neill April 15, 2017 6:46 PM  

My apologies for using vulgarity on your blog and for the last few arguments. A number of things here had been irritating me for quite some time. I let them build up and I did not move on fast enough.

Peace to you and yours.

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable April 15, 2017 7:44 PM  











IrishFarmer wrote:I honestly think the real problem was gemerational. For millenials and probably gen x the beginnings of major war looks like bombs dropping from navy warships. So they probably just assumed it meant all out war regardless.

Still reading the comments but no. Gen-X here and we expect bombs, yes, but those were cruise missiles.

So much less commitment, just the pump'n'dump of wars.

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable April 15, 2017 7:59 PM  

Deplorable Winning wrote:Apparently some snippets from the President-Hillary and Vox-Is-Always-Wrong timelines bled over into this thread.

I hate it when that happens. But Pres. Hillary timelines are low-energy, so I'm not worried about physical timeslips. Won't step off an elevator into one.

Blogger Nate April 15, 2017 8:51 PM  

SNIDELY TOUCHED THE POOP ON THE POST ABOUT NOT TOUCHING THE POOP... AFTER HE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE WAS THE ONE TOUCHING THE POOP.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Anonymous Clay April 15, 2017 10:23 PM  

Lord, Nate...sounds like you are fussing at your chillrun's in the backseat, explaining why they can't stop at Baskin Robbins to get ice cream:)

Blogger Casher O'Neill April 16, 2017 3:10 AM  

So it's OK for people to beak promises?

And for God's sake, stop touching the poop! It's not that hard. You're not the poop police. And you're not helping. Unless you have deletion powers


I meant what I said in the previous post, but just FTR: It's a bit harder to see if the poop's just got thrown in your face

you are not part of the cleanup process, you're part of the problem.

Anonymous Escape from treason April 16, 2017 5:02 AM  

I thank you for your action Vox I myself pop in here from time to time to catch your take on events. It is depressing to see some of the nonsense that is in the comments at times hence I try not to read them that much.

One of the problems right of centre people have had over the years has been the lack of choice between cucks and nazis. What I mean by that is, we all knew that the mainstream "Right" was and is basically leftist and hoped that an actual Right would be somehow appear so we could vote for them. The fact that it never appeared meant the choice for any Right minded electorate was always only between continuing to vote cuck or vote full on nazi nutter.

The tactics and strategy of the alt Right has successfully managed to defuse and neuter the the left's primary method of preventing debate namely stigmatising the opponents. So far so good but it must go further and get past it's percieved and aometimes actual association with low intelligence thug types. If it can't get to that position then it will remain to many to be too toxic to align with.

Blogger Cail Corishev April 16, 2017 9:34 AM  

It's a bit harder to see if the poop's just got thrown in your face

I try to follow one simple rule: if a comment seems designed to provoke a response, rather than continue or start a reasonable discussion, don't respond to it. Don't respond with a persuasive argument or a killer comeback. Just don't respond. And you don't have to be sure it's poop; if you catch even a whiff, just move on.

Occasionally one is subtle enough that you can't tell that's where it's headed right away, but that's rare. 99% of them just open with an insult or an obviously false assertion, because that's usually enough to get someone to take the bait. At least make them work harder than that.

Anonymous CarpeOro April 17, 2017 8:51 AM  

I was away for the weekend, but yes, I was in agreement with you that the early jumping to conclusions regarding the real nature of the Syria situation was ridiculous. I saw some different scenarios playing out (some of which may still be part of it in a tertiary effect of the events) than the North Korea one, but the one many were claiming was center stage didn't make sense to me either. When you are hold 5 pieces of a two hundred piece puzzle it makes more sense to sort more of the pieces before making a conclusion.

Anonymous Clay April 18, 2017 1:27 AM  

After all these years,I only remember using curse words...(except for "hell", "damn", "crap"


"FU", only one time. And that was because Morgan Of The Lake Made disparaging comments about my daughter.

Just as aside...my mother NEVER used a cuss word. I was cooking myself a couple of hamburgers on the stove, went to transfer them to my plate, and dropped them both on the kitchen floor. My mother was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the Saturday morning newspaper.

She saw what happened. I was about to bust. She saw it, and went back to her paper, and said "OK".

I hollered SHIT as loud as I could, and tried to clean up my mess.

All she said, "there's a time and place for everything".

That followed me all my life.

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 262 of 262

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts