ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

SJW doesn't like being identified as such

The amusing thing about SJWs taking offense to being called SJWs is that they clearly don't understand that it was originally their own label adopted by their own kind that was weaponized by the Alt-Right's sarcasm. Also: Every.Single.Time.
I’ve always said that I appreciate all my readers, both those who agree with me and those who don’t. But lately I’ve been puzzled by the new slurs directed at me by some of the latter. Many I didn’t even understand, so I did some digging.

Apparently, tried-and-true insults such as “fag,” “fairy,” “kike” and “hebe” (yes, I’m Jewish) are old-school, especially among the alt-right. That small, far-right movement that seeks a whites-only state is developing new coded language, much as the Nazis once did, says noted linguist George Lakoff, a professor emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley.

For instance, in February I wrote about Milo Yiannopoulos, the now-disgraced Breitbart News editor and alt-right poster boy. I heard from many readers about that column, which took Yiannopoulos to task for his incendiary language. But one email caught my eye: “Milo is far less bigoted, misogynist, and hateful than those of you sick sociopathic and psychotic SJW’s who smear him so desperately.” Sick, sociopathic and psychotic, I knew. But SJW? I had no clue. In a personal ad it might mean “straight Jewish woman,” but two of those don’t apply to me. So what was this snarky new gem of an insult?

I emailed back, “What is an SJW?” The reply: “An SJW is a social justice warrior. In the press, this particular public predator tends to be big on PC [political correctness] virtue signaling but happy to smear others viciously with false accusations of sexism, racism, white nationalism, hate speech, etc.”

Well, that was certainly clear — I’m a “public predator” allegedly guilty of smearing Yiannopoulos by referring to his very own, widely reported hateful language.

I started looking into other slurs readers hurled at me. There was “libtard,” and one I really liked at first — “snowflake,” because they’re magical, in moderation.

But here’s the nasty undercurrent: These new words are intrinsic to the alt-right’s rise, according to Lakoff. He connects this to the Nazis and the coded language (prime example: “the master race”) that eventually allowed them to topple governmental institutions. “The strategy is to control discourse,” Lakoff points out. “One way you do that is preemptive name calling . . . based on a moral hierarchy.”
First, the Alt-Right is much bigger than the Alt-White, much less the Alt-Reich. As evidence of this contention, I note that I've just been sent translations of the 16 Points in Ukrainian and, of all things, Esperanto. Second, Milo is Alt-Lite, not Alt-Right.

Third, the incessant whining about name-calling by people who don't hesitate to hurl "Nazi" and "anti-semitic" at a pizza delivery driver who arrives thirty second late with their Veggie Supreme with extra eggplant and tofu is both pathetic as well as indicative of the extreme susceptibility of SJWs to rhetoric.

Fourth, they're not "codewords". As one of Steve's commenters pointed out: " The alt right is small but has power and this is for one reason only – the alt right is the one group that Calls Things By Their True Name." And fifth, it's not hard to understand why Steve Sailer's appeal remains self-limited, he's the classic example of the dialectic speaker who simply can't bring himself to accept the necessity of rhetoric. I mean, if you're still loftily sperging at this point about using the term "warrior" for SJWs, you simply don't grasp the way rhetoric works.

Steven Petrow's column is prima facie evidence of why you should simply utilize SJW instead of whatever your preferred dialectic alternative might be.

Labels: ,

154 Comments:

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd April 12, 2017 8:12 AM  

``I mean, if you're still loftily sperging at this point about using the term "warrior" for SJWs, you simply don't grasp the way rhetoric works.''

When I expand SJW, often I find it amusing and apropriate to use Social Justice Wanker. But yes, since SJ Warrior chafes their diaper rash, it's good rhetoric.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 8:15 AM  

The only thing I'm 'getting over' at this point in my 20+ year awareness (I'm woke, bitches) of the thing at hand, is the fact of divergent weltanschauung amongst peoples presented with all of the exact same data/information.

Frequently, I speak with entirely informed individuals. They disagree with me; they do not conclude as I do; I point out the empirical errors of their conclusion(s); the dialectic dies. Rinse, repeat.

And thus it is, folks. This is not an error with dialectic so much as it is a collision of world-views. As such, rhetoric matters. A lot.

You must choose. It really is now, or potentially -- never.

Anonymous Jeff April 12, 2017 8:19 AM  

The SJW's have, of course, taken Sean Spicer's apology as an admission of guilt and are now doubling down.

Blogger Koanic April 12, 2017 8:28 AM  

Violence is a subset of rhetoric, as war is a subset of politics. Anyone attempting to precipitate Left Singularity forfeits civilian status.

The concept of "civilian" doesn't exist in the Bible anyhow, although some synthesis of "coward" and "slave" would cover it.

Anonymous Darth Dharmakīrti April 12, 2017 8:29 AM  

"extra... tofu"

soy is for cucks

Anonymous Lit Dog April 12, 2017 8:31 AM  

Reading this post pleases me that I dropped the term SJW into my new short story. It’s about a dog who gets red pilled by his family on immigration. Then he has to deal with the decivilizing presence brought into their household by a shelter dog. That dog is an allegorical stand-in for a refugee, and the daughter who’s responsible for bringing him into the household is an SJW in the making.

Its 6K words demand a little of the reader’s time— but I like happy endings.
www.DukeDougherty.com/short-stories

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2017 8:39 AM  

Anyone want to guess how many times the person complaining about the alt-right's use of language used the word Nazi in his article?

Oh, and it's not because of the alt-right that I don't believe anything you say or write, Stevie boy, it's because you write for the Washington Post.

And yes, Every. Single. Time.

Anonymous VFM #6306 April 12, 2017 8:42 AM  

As well as Aristotle's Rhetoric does to convince the dialectic-minded that there are those who can't follow the dialectic...he over-relies on dialectic to convince the dialectic-minded to use rhetoric.

At one point, he takes about four pages to say "In rhetoric, if you insist on using logic, you are being illogical."

Blogger Samuel Nock April 12, 2017 8:42 AM  

And apparently he doesn't understand certain of the connotations of "snowflake" as used in the Alt Right / White....

Blogger Cail Corishev April 12, 2017 8:45 AM  

Someone who's clued in enough to know who Milo is, claims not to have known what "SJW" means in February of 2017?

That's a flat-out lie. A political writer not being familiar with "SJW" in 2017 is like an NFL writer not being familiar with 2016's Rookie of the Year. He's lying. (Or he's so bad at his job that he should be fired immediately.) And yes, it's more evidence of how effective it is. He hopes that pretending he's never heard of it will make us think it's not gaining traction.

Anonymous VFM #6306 April 12, 2017 8:46 AM  

These are the same tards who think "politically correct" was a term invented by the right and are trying to have it banned from campus.

Anonymous BBGKB April 12, 2017 8:49 AM  

tried-and-true insults such as “fag,” “fairy,” “kike” and “hebe” (yes, I’m Jewish)

Word around the Home Depot dumpsters are the others are true also.

I mean, if you're still loftily sperging at this point about using the term "warrior" for SJWs

I still catch my self typing worrier from time to time.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 8:50 AM  

This 'Alt-Right' vs. 'Alt-White' thing does require clarity/elaboration, however. Given that the exact same set of facts leads one to one or the other.

I suspect many are (rightfully) confused by this arbitrary delineation.

Blogger JohnofAustria April 12, 2017 8:51 AM  

A lefty Jew talking about how the bad people will try to control government by controlling language is off the charts levels of irony.

Blogger Samuel Nock April 12, 2017 8:51 AM  

@10 The fact that he felt the need to explain "libtard" as if it were some obscure mystery tells me that, yes, he could indeed be that stupid.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 8:54 AM  

The Alt-Right includes the Alt-White. Technically, it does not include the Alt-Reich, because the National Socialists were not of the political right. No workers' party or party that believes in state ownership of the means of production is of the Right.

Anonymous hair shirt April 12, 2017 8:57 AM  

i find the funny thing to brag about how the alt right is powerful becuase they always tell the truth and then claim the need to embrace the uses of rhetoric ... by definity rhetoric is not the truth...

Anonymous Regor April 12, 2017 8:59 AM  

Some of us like their Alt-right served with just enough spice to lighten up things a little even if that limits its appeal to some.

Anonymous DriesNK April 12, 2017 9:02 AM  

Oh, I thought SJW stood for Single Jewish Woman. Huge overlap between both tribes of SJWs though.

Anonymous manna April 12, 2017 9:03 AM  

it seems every time theres a member of the alt right that doesnt follow what the alt right sees as policy they are called the alt something and claimed to be seperate... is this some twisted version of the no true scotsman defense...

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 9:12 AM  

VD wrote:The Alt-Right includes the Alt-White. Technically, it does not include the Alt-Reich, because the National Socialists were not of the political right. No workers' party or party that believes in state ownership of the means of production is of the Right.

Yes, and accurate. Thank you.

The (as I, and I suspect, many White-Nationalist-leaning observers see) not infrequent derision of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP are ultimately a character flaw in what is an ultimately upstanding blog.

One is forced to guess at, Theo, whether or not your own thoughts have progressed to their logical conclusions; or, you are playing at some or another rhetorical angle.

I, personally, do not fault you for any of this. I am, however, acquainted with many who do/would/will.

You will, of course, take my critique as face value and as a moment for thought experiment.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan April 12, 2017 9:12 AM  

No true Jew would be an alt-righter.

If all the long winded conservative intellectuals would open their essays with a rhetorical pilum they would be effective, but instead they go with the dialectical butt up in the air all but granting the libtards an authority they do not deserve.

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable April 12, 2017 9:13 AM  

by definity rhetoric is not the truth...

Oh please, not THIS again [buries head].

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 9:14 AM  

i find the funny thing to brag about how the alt right is powerful becuase they always tell the truth and then claim the need to embrace the uses of rhetoric ... by definity rhetoric is not the truth

That's because you're stupid and obviously unfamiliar with both Aristotle as well as my own work on the subject. There is no definition of rhetoric that precludes it from being the truth. Indeed, the more the rhetoric is in line with the truth, the more powerful and effective it is.

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2017 9:17 AM  

> ...by definity rhetoric is not the truth...

Really? And what definition would that be exactly?

Between hair shirt and manna, I see the trolls are already out this morning.

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 9:20 AM  

That's because you're stupid and obviously unfamiliar with both Aristotle as well as my own work on the subject.

Speaking of, mark down another very interested customer in a VD commentary on Aristotle's Rhetoric.

Sadly, it probably wouldn't be quite the blockbuster an SJWADD would be.

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2017 9:20 AM  

Ah, and Vox goes straight for the jugular, rather than leading the troll on. :)

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 9:21 AM  

Okay, but note that "more in line" also fairly implies that much or most of it is not fully in line.

There's another way to look at that rhetoric which is not so much in line with the truth; I commend it to you: Rhetoric and propaganda come in various flavors. Among these are flavors designed to get certain reactions from friend and foe. Almost anything is good that pisses off the enemy so badly that they can barely think (which, with SJWs, has never been a forte, anyway) and drives them to acts that are not in their interest but are in your interest. However, for friends, I recommend absolute truth, as eloquently presented as possible, of course, but never veering into falsehood. The reason for this is that, as Carlyle said, "A lie will not stand." Eventually, any lies you tell will come out and will contaminate and make doubtful the truths you have told. SJWs must lie; their entire worldview is fantasy and fraud. We do not have to and should not.

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 9:25 AM  

"A lefty Jew talking about how the bad people will try to control government by controlling language is off the charts levels of irony."

First of all, words had to lose their ordinary meanings...--Thucydides

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 9:30 AM  

@21. Fisher
The (as I, and I suspect, many White-Nationalist-leaning observers see) not infrequent derision of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP are ultimately a character flaw in what is an ultimately upstanding blog.

Stop trying to marry White Nationalism to NSDAP then. They're not the exact same thing, and Naziism is not mandatory for people who are white to be very interested in the security and prosperity of their nation.

After all, before Nazis, were there nations of white people who were nationalistic? Of course there were.

It's really shortsighted to take criticisms of Nazi ideology as an attack on white nationalism. Nazis were not the arbiter of whites.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 9:31 AM  

Okay, but note that "more in line" also fairly implies that much or most of it is not fully in line.

True, but irrelevant. Manna set up a false dichotomy between the Alt-Right political philosophy, which is based on truth, and Alt-Right tactical rhetoric, which may or may not be.

Since his posturing and false dichotomy were mere rhetoric, there is no need to respond to him dialectically. Instead, it is sufficient to simply observe that he is a) stupid and b) wrong.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 9:35 AM  

Student in Blue wrote:@21. Fisher

The (as I, and I suspect, many White-Nationalist-leaning observers see) not infrequent derision of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP are ultimately a character flaw in what is an ultimately upstanding blog.

Stop trying to marry White Nationalism to NSDAP then. They're not the exact same thing, and Naziism is not mandatory for people who are white to be very interested in the security and prosperity of their nation.

After all, before Nazis, were there nations of white people who were nationalistic? Of course there were.

It's really shortsighted to take criticisms of Nazi ideology as an attack on white nationalism. Nazis were not the arbiter of whites.


I have done none of this. I heartily suggest, in all cordiality, you take the time to examine why you think I might have; for therein lies the truth of what you are after.

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2017 9:37 AM  

From merriam-webster.com:

Definition of rhetoric

1: the art of speaking or writing effectively: such as
a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times
b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion

2 a : skill in the effective use of speech
b : a type or mode of language or speech; also : insincere or grandiloquent language

3: verbal communication : discourse

Note that none of the above speak to either the truth or falsehood of the language being used, though as Vox notes, the more truth is contained in rhetoric, the more effective it tends to be.

Blogger Cail Corishev April 12, 2017 9:42 AM  

by definity rhetoric is not the truth

It'd be just as definity to say rhetoric is always the truth. A favorite bit from DS9, as Garak is dying:

Bashir: So of the stories you told me, which ones were true?
Garak: My dear doctor, all of them were true.
Bashir: What about the lies?
Garak: Especially the lies.

Blogger Sheila4g April 12, 2017 9:44 AM  

While Steve Sailer is an excellent thinker and writer and excels at noticing patterns, another reason for his "self-limited" appeal is his insistence on his own form of civic nationalism, which he calls "citizenism." His commentariat includes a few genuine Alt-Righters, lots of classical liberals and Jews who accept only some elements of HBD [Negro versus White] and think that makes them edgy, and a number of Orientals [a number of whom have taken White women out of the White genetic pool] who equate IQ alone [and their presumed superiority in such] as the measure of a superior man and thus superior race and/or society.

Blogger Settler of the Silent Planet April 12, 2017 9:45 AM  

He really thinks Milo wants a "whites only state"? But how would Milo ever have sex?

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 9:48 AM  

@32. Fisher
I have done none of this.

Then why would White Nationalist-leaning people be concerned whatsoever by criticisms/derision of NSDAP?

The only good explanation I can see is that for some reason, you and they are associating White Nationalism irrevocably with Naziism.

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 9:51 AM  

"True, but irrelevant."

As per my second paragraph, no, not irrelevant.

There are ends beyond the ends we desire and means beyond the means we use. There is a price for everything and it is always fair except where it's exorbitant.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey April 12, 2017 9:52 AM  

All true right wing thinkers must support international finance capitalism unreservedly, as it is a force that invariably works to preserve both the nation and traditional social institutions.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 9:54 AM  

Student in Blue wrote:@32. Fisher

I have done none of this.

[...]The only good explanation I can see is that for some reason, you and they are associating White Nationalism irrevocably with Naziism.


Therein lies the flaw in your reasoning. That you are willing to elaborate gives one hope that you might come to a more accurate conclusion.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 9:55 AM  

The (as I, and I suspect, many White-Nationalist-leaning observers see) not infrequent derision of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP are ultimately a character flaw in what is an ultimately upstanding blog.

I could not possibly care less what those morons think. I am, and have always been, totally opposed to the overwhelming majority of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP. I am not a socialist. I am not a Teutonic supremacist. I am not an imperialist.

And only a moron would fail to understand that the NASDAP was actively opposed to white nationalism. Teutonic supremacism and Lebensraum are not compatible with white nationalism.

Anonymous TS April 12, 2017 9:56 AM  

"Third, the incessant whining about name-calling by people who don't hesitate to hurl "Nazi" and "anti-semitic" at a pizza delivery driver who arrives thirty second late with their Veggie Supreme with extra eggplant and tofu is both pathetic as well as indicative of the extreme susceptibility of SJWs to rhetoric."

More irony/contradiction given that's the kind of pizza that the nazi's would probably order given their healthy food focus.

Anonymous Rocklea April 12, 2017 9:58 AM  

@39 Tom Kratman:
""True, but irrelevant."

As per my second paragraph, no, not irrelevant.

There are ends beyond the ends we desire and means beyond the means we use. There is a price for everything and it is always fair except where it's exorbitant."

Pendulums don't stop in the middle Tom.
And rocks don't move without being pushed.

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 10:03 AM  

@40. Fisher
Therein lies the flaw in your reasoning. That you are willing to elaborate gives one hope that you might come to a more accurate conclusion.

Then please, explain that flaw in reasoning slowly for us dims.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 10:03 AM  

VD wrote:The (as I, and I suspect, many White-Nationalist-leaning observers see) not infrequent derision of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP are ultimately a character flaw in what is an ultimately upstanding blog.

I could not possibly care less what those morons think. I am, and have always been, totally opposed to the overwhelming majority of the aims and objectives of the NSDAP. I am not a socialist. I am not a Teutonic supremacist. I am not an imperialist.

And only a moron would fail to understand that the NASDAP was actively opposed to white nationalism. Teutonic supremacism and Lebensraum are not compatible with white nationalism.


Well... there you go being a rhetor. And, in the end accounting, good on you for it.

Your dissections/vivisections of the matter, insofar as I have witnessed them, leave much to be desired, however.

In the end, tomato, tommahto. The end is the end.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer April 12, 2017 10:04 AM  

So this article checked all 3 boxes.

1.) lies when he pretends to never have heard the term SJW while posing as an authority on what Milo has said. (Milo uses the term incessantly)

2.) Continues to lie about Milo encouraging violence.

3.) Projects when claiming the Alt-Right is trying to control the language to effect control of society. This is a hallmark strategy of his type.

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 10:06 AM  

Pendulums don't stop in the middle Tom.
And rocks don't move without being pushed.

Now _that_ is a good example of true but irrelevant.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 10:06 AM  

Student in Blue wrote:@40. Fisher

Therein lies the flaw in your reasoning. That you are willing to elaborate gives one hope that you might come to a more accurate conclusion.

Then please, explain that flaw in reasoning slowly for us dims.


You're obviously not dim (why deride yourself? You are not amongst rhetorical hostiles). You simply need to more widely consider the permutations of your own thoughts.

Blogger Gaiseric April 12, 2017 10:07 AM  

Fisher wrote:Therein lies the flaw in your reasoning. That you are willing to elaborate gives one hope that you might come to a more accurate conclusion.
You're not nearly as clever as you think you are. Stop dancing around with trying to appear to be the wise guru leading people carefully to the truth and just say what you mean. You're approach of passive-aggressiveness is dishonest and off-putting. All that you're doing is pissing actual men off.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd April 12, 2017 10:09 AM  

BBGKB wrote:I still catch my self typing worrier from time to time.

Heartist is very good at using these elegant variations on the theme to twist his shivs. SJ Warrior works, stick with it, but if sprinkling in a few variations leaves your audience laughing with you at the SJWhatever, that's good too.

Blogger praetorian April 12, 2017 10:10 AM  

Steve's an enthonationalist too, he just thinks only certain, special enthos' get their own nation.

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 10:12 AM  

@49. Gaiseric

If he had an answer, he would've given it in 48 and not dodged it yet again.

This guy's an active troll who doesn't believe what he says.

If he just wasn't smart, he wouldn't have dodged a direct question when it would've made him look good.

Blogger Gaiseric April 12, 2017 10:14 AM  

@52. Oh, I know. I was just a little less inclined to play with him this morning than you were.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 10:17 AM  

Well... there you go being a rhetor.

That's not rhetoric. That's pure dialectic. I went over the Munich Manifesto in detail years ago. Virtually none of it merits support. Nor do I support the notion of a Reichskirche, enslaving the Slavic peoples, or most other Nazi idiocies.

Your dissections/vivisections of the matter, insofar as I have witnessed them, leave much to be desired, however.

That's nice. I think you and all your kind are retarded. It's fitting that you would lionize Adolf Hitler, the worst thing to ever happen to the German people. Not even Merkel has gotten as many Germans killed as he did.

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 10:18 AM  

@53. Gaiseric

Is it really playing with him if I'm handing him a rope?

Wait, silly question, it definitely is. Well, it was half playing, half hoping that maybe this guy is just sub-100 IQ instead of an active troll.

Anonymous JAG April 12, 2017 10:20 AM  

Tom Kratman wrote:"A lefty Jew talking about how the bad people will try to control government by controlling language is off the charts levels of irony."

First of all, words had to lose their ordinary meanings...--Thucydides


"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." --George Orwell

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 10:23 AM  

It's fitting that you would lionize Adolf Hitler, the worst thing to ever happen to the German people. Not even Merkel has gotten as many Germans killed as he did.

Now that's rhetoric!

10/10 spicy, made my morning a little bit brighter.

Blogger Quilp April 12, 2017 10:29 AM  

I found Petrow using urban dictionary's definition of Cuck to be most interesting. If being a cuck means you have to be white, while also not being a White supremacist, then most of the white race could be define so, which of course would make using the term meaningless. Not to mention it ignores the latter half of the term (servative) in, I guess, an attempt to conflate conservative and white supremacy, without actually doing so. I suppose both sides can play the word game, but WAPO's attempts are rather pathetic at best.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 10:33 AM  

I think you and all your kind are retarded. It's fitting that you would lionize Adolf Hitler

My "kind"? I have "Lion[ized]" Adolf Hitler?

No. And you're smart enough to know it and that nothing of what I have said is hostile. Which, of course, brings one 'round again: The Achilles heal of this otherwise upstanding blog is, as one example, it's derision of the greater aims and goals of the NSDAP; all of which were of the utmost moral stature as concerns the continuation of the Graeco-Roman (and subsequent Germanic commandeering of) legacy.

What is it, precisely, we're arguing about?

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 12, 2017 10:33 AM  

Since when was "master race" coded language? I thought the take away from the Nazis before WWII was that they were totally upfront about what they wanted and what their ideas were. Hello! 1936 Olympics. Mein Kampf. Leni Riefenstahl. Goebbels.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 12, 2017 10:40 AM  

Many people on the left are simply unable to grasp that someone might come out and say exactly what they are thinking and doing so in a manner meant to make their meaning clear.

I posit the reason for this is that they have been indoctrinated to view people on the right in a certain way, and when someone on the right fails to conform to that view, rather than conceding that their view is incorrect and needs adjustment, they find a way to make the conservative conform to the view.

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 10:40 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 10:43 AM  

"all of which were of the utmost moral stature"

The hilarious thing there, Fisch, is that you're probably not joking.

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 10:44 AM  

"Garak: Especially the lies."

Yeah, but we're really talking about two aspects of truth, factual truth and moral truth. As long as we understand which is which, then things which didn't actually happen are not lies, but illustrations. There may or may not, for example, have been any particular prodigal son Jesus had in mind. Even if not, though, it doesn't matter and Jesus was not lying, because the point of the story is the moral truth and guide to right conduct.

Anyone who spent more than a single term in the armed forces probably recognizes that the typical evaluation report, officer or non-com, bears little relationship, in its plain language, to the truth. That bugged me for some years until it finally hit me that, in fact, some-language-not-English was being employed where the words did not carry their normal meanings and everyone involved understood that they didn't. Thus, "superb" meant "just adequate" to any informed reader, whereas "Exemplary" meant, for example, "He never got caught fucking the colonel's underaged daughter so he'll do for now," and "brilliant" meant, that, "somewhere a village is being deprived of its idiot."

Blogger Tom Kratman April 12, 2017 10:46 AM  

And, speaking of village idiots, HEY, REMUS!

Anonymous BBGKB April 12, 2017 10:49 AM  

Pendulums don't stop in the middle Tom.
And rocks don't move without being pushed.


I would hate to think I left the gayborhood of DieVerse City for nothing.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 10:51 AM  

Tom Kratman wrote:"all of which were of the utmost moral stature"

The hilarious thing there, Fisch, is that you're probably not joking.


I am not. But your baby-boomer hyper-inclusiveness penchants cannot be accounted for outside of their place in space and time.

This is not so much an insult (in spite of the fact that you will, of course, take it as first and foremost insulting) as it is a 'water is wet' observation.

Blogger Commenter April 12, 2017 10:53 AM  

64. Ah, eval and award-speak. Did anyone really believe the hyperbole? My favorites were the legendary but probably never used insults: "of all the officers in the wardroom, he was one of them."

Anonymous Longtime Lurker April 12, 2017 11:04 AM  

Memo to Petrow: Sometimes an insult is just an insult.

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros April 12, 2017 11:12 AM  

Fisher, you talk like a Jew. For the love of Evropa, using large numbers of words is not diplomacy. That only works when hypnotizing the stupid and gullible.

Anonymous CS April 12, 2017 11:13 AM  

Isn't it rich hearing leftists talk about the right inventing and re-inventing words to enrich political expression? The left has made an art of this for ages. What does the word "liberal" actually mean, after all?

Blogger Commenter April 12, 2017 11:13 AM  

Petrow's definitions are a little off across the board. Never pass up an opportunity to influence the narrative while supposedly decrying said narrative.

Anonymous Jack Amok April 12, 2017 11:22 AM  

The most powerful examples of rhetoric use emotion to force someone to confront truths that they know but, because of other emotions, refuse to accept. It forces their amygdala to make a choice - confront this fear, or that fear, but no more pretending it's all okay.

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 11:28 AM  

Jack Amok wrote:The most powerful examples of rhetoric use emotion to force someone to confront truths that they know but, because of other emotions, refuse to accept. It forces their amygdala to make a choice - confront this fear, or that fear, but no more pretending it's all okay.

Oh, you mean like the picture of little Ebba's corpse laying torn in half in the streets of Sweden by the muslim terrorists?

Anonymous basementhomebrewer April 12, 2017 11:31 AM  

Tom Kratman wrote:"all of which were of the utmost moral stature"

The hilarious thing there, Fisch, is that you're probably not joking.


But look at his intentions! They are so good! Can't you see how good his intentions are? Why won't you see his good intentions!

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 11:31 AM  

@73

Or perhaps the pictures of the woman muslim walking past the london victims while evryone else helps, or the image of muslim men smiling as they look at the carnage of the sweden truck attack?

Blogger Darwinian Arminian April 12, 2017 11:33 AM  

. . . It's not hard to understand why Steve Sailer's appeal remains self-limited, he's the classic example of the dialectic speaker who simply can't bring himself to accept the necessity of rhetoric.

Don't know about that; I rather liked his admitted preference for the term "Social Justice Jihadi."

Blogger bosscauser April 12, 2017 11:36 AM  

What's his problem? I can't post this website address or use the word cuck on Twitter thanks to guys like this!.
That's serious shit!

Gab.ai/GaryCauser

Anonymous DeeJay April 12, 2017 11:37 AM  

A WaPo journalist consults a professor from UC Berkeley about the alt-right.

Ye gods, it's almost like self-writing parody at this point. These folks would be perfect conscripts for a lunar colony; certainly they don't dare stray outside their safe, comfortable bubble habitats for five seconds.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 11:41 AM  

basementhomebrewer wrote:Tom Kratman wrote:"all of which were of the utmost moral stature"

The hilarious thing there, Fisch, is that you're probably not joking.


But look at his intentions! They are so good! Can't you see how good his intentions are? Why won't you see his good intentions!


Calm down, fag.

Anonymous Critically Bent April 12, 2017 11:43 AM  

Rhetoric gets at how human beings actually communicate.

Dialectic is inefficient. Sure, it is accurate, but it can't compete with Rhetoric for power (amount of effect per time spent communicating).

I really want to bring up stopping power of various firearms versus their relative accuracy. But, I fear I'll derail the conversation...

Rhetoric - 50 cal., wide spread.
Dialectic - .22, tight grouping.

Anonymous Rocklea April 12, 2017 11:44 AM  

Your a brave man BBGKB

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 11:54 AM  

@Fischer,
Men say what they mean. (((useless faggot))) circumlocute, hint, tease and play definition games.

Go Jew it up somewhere else. Your kike-ish faggotry isn't appreciated here.

Blogger Lovekraft April 12, 2017 11:57 AM  

Anyone taking bets that this douche lives in a white, safe neighborhood?

Anonymous Jamie April 12, 2017 12:00 PM  

Is calling yourself The Master Race any different from calling yourself The Chosen People?

Blogger Mocheirge April 12, 2017 12:03 PM  

Fisher ought to become a chef because his word salad is amazing.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 12:04 PM  

@Fischer,
Men say what they mean. (((useless faggot))) circumlocute, hint, tease and play definition games.

Go Jew it up somewhere else. Your kike-ish faggotry isn't appreciated here.

Were you born confused or the latter?

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 12:10 PM  

Jamie wrote:Is calling yourself The Master Race any different from calling yourself The Chosen People?

Alt-right should co-op that term from the jews! Whites are the chosen people who have built the foundation of modern society!

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 12:12 PM  

Grayman wrote:Jamie wrote:Is calling yourself The Master Race any different from calling yourself The Chosen People?

Alt-right should co-op that term from the jews! Whites are the chosen people who have built the foundation of modern society!


Hold on, forget that, we might hurt someones feeling due to cultural appropriation

Anonymous Keener April 12, 2017 12:14 PM  

Lakoff again! He keeps thrusting up his wormy head! Lakoff the Berkster, quoted oft and everywhere SJWs smarm and grool. A language expert! We are to grovel and believe Lakoff's every wordand his general expert wordishness. Rush made fun of this guy for about three or four broadcasts in a row. 'Rhymes with...'

Anonymous basementhomebrewer April 12, 2017 12:16 PM  

@Fisher

I see I got the message across.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey April 12, 2017 12:22 PM  

Leaving aside the "muh ebil not-sees!" countersignaling for a moment, and returning to the Petros piece, there's another part that struck me as a little odd-- the paragraph that purports to define "snowflake."

"Snowflake. This is no compliment, even if you like to think that you’re one of a kind. At best, it’s a derisive term for someone considered entitled, which to those using it includes people of color, LGBT folks, students — even Meryl Streep for her pro-kindness stance at the Golden Globes. Sarah McBride of the Human Rights Campaign told me that it’s often used against LGBT people in reference “to pronoun usage, particularly nonbinary pronoun use, and the efforts on college campuses to be more aware and affirming of people’s pronouns.” Used in a sentence, via Urban Dictionary: “Hey snowflake, Trump won, deal with it.” With one word you’re dismissed as weak, feminine, juvenile — a loser."

I never thought of "snowflake" as particularly powerful rhetoric, but it's odd that the author goes so far out of his way to mischaracterize it. He either feels the need to employ considerable distortion for rhetorical purposes (implying that it is an effective term), or he's pretty slow on the uptake.

"Snowflake" does capture some element of entitlement, but it's more about calling out the NAXALT style of argument, or the insistence on viewing a problem from a purely personal standpoint; what Vox would call "It's not about you."

Perhaps because snowflakes are delicate and fragile, the author associates it automatically with effeminacy, and thus homosexuals, while missing the "no two are alike" connotation? Sounds like some kind of offensive stereotyping there. Leftists are the real homophobes!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 12:26 PM  

Fisher wrote:Were you born confused or the latter?
Shut your lying mouth, Jew-whore.
If we want your opinion, we'll ask through the oven door.

Blogger JaimeInTexas April 12, 2017 12:34 PM  

Merkel has not killed as many Germans as Hitler .. yet?

History is not over. I doubt that it will get to that level but if we go into a WW3, Germany under Merkel will be in the thick of its cause.

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 12:36 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Fisher wrote:Were you born confused or the latter?

Shut your lying mouth, Jew-whore.

If we want your opinion, we'll ask through the oven door.



I thought we were using wood chippers now????? What am I supposed to do with the 200 wood chippers I just ordered????

Blogger beerme April 12, 2017 12:40 PM  

Truth telling is obviously anti-semitic due to reliably triggering Jewish monomania.

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 12:43 PM  

JaimeInTexas wrote:Merkel has not killed as many Germans as Hitler .. yet?

History is not over. I doubt that it will get to that level but if we go into a WW3, Germany under Merkel will be in the thick of its cause.


Merkel is using slightly more finesse. She has imported millions of young men to BREED the Germans out. The same end result you just cant pin it on her so easily.

Blogger mushroom April 12, 2017 12:49 PM  

Darth Dharmakīrti wrote:"extra... tofu"

soy is for cucks


Coffee and meat are for closers.

Anonymous The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect April 12, 2017 12:59 PM  

The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect joins with the obscure Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect in demanding White House Spokesperson Sean Spicer be fired "at once".

To be clear, The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect doesn't give an airborne rodent's posterior that Spicer might be labeled a holocaust denier. The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect is alarmed and disappointed that Spicer folded like a cheap suit, and frankly, we're not fans and believe the God Emperor could do better.

Speaking of airborne, The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect is beginning a world-wide search for the Official Airline of The Vox Day Center for Mutual Repect. We are open to any and all suggestions, however, be advised KLM Airlines is presently the Official airline of the obscure Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect.

Blogger JACIII April 12, 2017 1:04 PM  

Wood choppers and ovens are so last century. Helicopter rides are all the rage!

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2017 1:04 PM  

> Speaking of airborne, The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect is beginning a world-wide search for the Official Airline of The Vox Day Center for Mutual Repect.

Iceland Air, obviously. The ones who told the bankers to take a long walk off a short pier.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 1:07 PM  

I rather liked his admitted preference for the term "Social Justice Jihadi."

Neither you nor Steve understand the point of rhetoric. It's not about what you like, it's about what manipulates the emotions of the target. No left-winger is bothered by being called a "jihadi". They get very upset by being mockingly called a "warrior", because they actually see themselves as warriors.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 1:08 PM  

The Vox Day Center for Mutual Respect is beginning a world-wide search for the Official Airline of The Vox Day Center for Mutual Repect.

One would assume that United would be the obvious candidate, in light of their recent experiments in mutual respect.

Anonymous Grayman April 12, 2017 1:22 PM  

JACIII wrote:Wood choppers and ovens are so last century. Helicopter rides are all the rage!

Helicopters arent very efficient given the numbers to be processed. If you really insist on airborne approaches, then a c-5 Galaxy for a mass dump from altitude is more beneficent.
If your looking for the modern alternative to ovens, might i suggest plazma gassifiers, they even come in standard shipping container portable configurations!

Anonymous Mr. Rational April 12, 2017 1:23 PM  

VD wrote:Not even Merkel has gotten as many Germans killed as he did.
Give her time.  Over half the German fatalities in WWII came after Hitler was dead, and there's no sign that Merkel is about to stop making mischief any time soon.

Grayman wrote:I thought we were using wood chippers now????? What am I supposed to do with the 200 wood chippers I just ordered????
Put 'em in inventory.  We'll be mostly renting ones from stock and hiring tree companies (minus their crews, don't want to traumatize anyone) but a certain number are bound to wear out from a month or so of constant use and we'll use them to provide replacements.  Some might also not clean up well enough with just pressure-washing.

If you've done the numbers, you know just how appallingly easy that part of the logistics would be.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 12, 2017 1:34 PM  

@85 Jamie
Is calling yourself The Master Race any different from calling yourself The Chosen People?
---

That's going to make a hell of a meme

Blogger Dawid van Coller April 12, 2017 1:59 PM  

Were-Puppy wrote:@85 Jamie

Is calling yourself The Master Race any different from calling yourself The Chosen People?

---

That's going to make a hell of a meme


Now I'm getting confused - was Hitler a (((Literally Jooo))), or are all (((Jooo's))) now "Literally Hitler"?

Blogger John April 12, 2017 2:10 PM  

I know there isn't much rhetorical ammo in it, but I did enjoy the irony of the SJW author bitching about the alt-right adopting the SJWs' favored strategies. Self-awareness is not their strong suit.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd April 12, 2017 2:34 PM  

VD wrote:They get very upset by being mockingly called a "warrior", because they actually see themselves as warriors.

I wondered why it worked. Effective is as effective does.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 2:45 PM  

I want to say the author of that article is stupid or lazy, because it should take about five seconds to look up what those terms mean. They're not meant to be obscure, after all. And though they have levels of meaning--especially "cuck"--they're intended to be easily understood, so that those on the receiving end can be easily offended.

But of course the point of the article is to link "alt-right" and "Nazi" in the reader's mind. Everything but those words is so much blah, blah, blah-ing. It doesn't do a very good job of it, because it doesn't make sense.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents April 12, 2017 2:51 PM  

@110 tubalcane
I want to say the author of that article is stupid or lazy, because it should take about five seconds to look up what those terms mean.

Or triggered. For crying out loud, the whole article is one long, blubbering Trigglypuff exercise. If xie took out a billboard in London and New York that said "Calling SJW's special snowflakes makes us CRY!" it could not be more obvious.

It's rare to get such obvious confirmation of the effectiveness of rhetoric. It's like the hysteria a year ago in the GOPe over "cuckservative", how much more do we need to know?

The whole articles can be summed up: "That word, that other word, those words, oh how they burn! It burns! It burns!"

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 2:53 PM  

What lofty sperging are you referring to? I see Steve prefers "jihadi" to "warrior." Is that because he thinks it's more accurate? Almost certainly it's because it tickles his rhetoric bone better than warrior.

That's not sperging; that's having an inferior sense of rhetoric.

Anonymous BBGKB April 12, 2017 3:00 PM  

Shut your lying mouth, Jew-whore.

Is a jew-whore someone who whores themselves to jews or a jew that's for rent?

Men say what they mean. (((useless faggot))) circumlocute,

According to Nate all you have to do to qualify for that is to use barbeque sauce.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 3:05 PM  

@17-"by definity rhetoric is mot the truth"

I'm going to assume you meant rhetoric is mot the truth by definition, which is hogwash. Rhetoric is the art of persuasion. People can be persuaded with the truth. There are some who say it's easier to persuade with the truth. I consider that true in the long-run, though not on an encounter-by-encounter basis.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 3:10 PM  

What lofty sperging are you referring to? I see Steve prefers "jihadi" to "warrior." Is that because he thinks it's more accurate? Almost certainly it's because it tickles his rhetoric bone better than warrior.

Neither you nor Steve understand that rhetoric isn't about you. And that's the kind of mistake that spergs so often make.

Blogger Sevron April 12, 2017 3:11 PM  

I thought they hated SJW because they know in their hearts that they are just about the furthest thing from actual warriors.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents April 12, 2017 3:27 PM  

@116 Sevron
I thought they hated SJW because they know in their hearts that they are just about the furthest thing from actual warriors.

Who cares why it works? A good hammer pounds nails right down, I don't care what happens inside the nail at the molecular level.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 3:31 PM  

@115-Okay, but that's pretty much what I said: he's not great at rhetoric. I think Steve himself admits that. I certainly never claimed to be.

Above, you said it was because he's a dialectician who can't bring himself to see the necessity of rhetoric. But that's not true. Steve tries rhetoric all the time, including in the post you to which you link above. It's just not great rhetoric, is all.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 3:41 PM  

@22-"No true Jew would be an alt-righter"

Maybe not in this country. Then again, there are such things as Jewish Nazis, communist businessmen, and slaves who fought for the Confederacy.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 3:58 PM  

Right.

And so in the end, we wet-workers, as we always have, will step forward and do what needs doing.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 4:04 PM  

@102-"Neither you nor Steve understand the point of rhetoric. It's not about what you like, it's about what manipulates the emotions of the target"

There's a difference between not knowing the point of rhetoric and not being effective at it. I don't know how you know the above poster or Steve Sailer likes "Social Justice Jihadi" simply because it tickles their personal fancy. They could like it because they think it to be effective against the enemy.

If they're wrong, they're wrong. But that's not necessarily because they don't know better than to rely on their own personal appreciation rather than the target's. It could be because that's all they have, lacking killer verbal instincts or the habit of properly putting themselves inside the heads of other people.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 4:08 PM  

Fisher wrote:And so in the end, we wet-workers, as we always have, will step forward and do what needs doing.

Lol, now the Jew's agent is a KGB assassin.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 4:08 PM  

@92-I can't help but think "snowflake" connotes homosexual sex acts, or something, of which I am happily unaware. And of which this author is all-too aware.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 4:17 PM  

tublecane wrote:I can't help but think "snowflake" connotes homosexual sex acts, or something, of which I am happily unaware. And of which this author is all-too aware.
The key concept is "no two snowflakes are alike. You're extra super special just like you are and deserve a trophy, and a guaranteed income, and never to have anyone make you feel bad."

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 4:21 PM  

@124-I know that, but if it has an extra-special meaning in a certain community, that might explain this author's weird reaction to it.

Of course, that can also be explained by stupidity/laziness.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) April 12, 2017 4:35 PM  

Neither you nor Steve understand that rhetoric isn't about you. And that's the kind of mistake that spergs so often make.

To his credit Steve admits that he's been hopeless when it comes to rhetoric for a long time.

Blogger VD April 12, 2017 6:17 PM  

I don't know how you know the above poster or Steve Sailer likes "Social Justice Jihadi" simply because it tickles their personal fancy. They could like it because they think it to be effective against the enemy.

It's very easy. It's recognizably the same pattern as everyone else who prefers X to effective rhetorical term Y. There is absolutely no reason not to simply use Y except personal distaste for it, which means that the person is more concerned about how he feels about the term than the target affected.

In fact, in most cases, people don't even use the term they claim to prefer very often. Many times, you'll see people say "I call them X", but if you examine their work, you can see that they generally don't. It's not about X, it is about a distaste for Y. Which, obviously, means they are focused on something other than effective rhetoric.

Blogger SteelPalm April 12, 2017 7:00 PM  

@22

No true Jew would be an alt-righter.

Why is that? Myself, Shimson, Rabbi B, and I'm sure others here are Jewish. The concepts of nationalism and the importance of race are very attractive to any number of Israeli or Eastern European Jews, if not for American ones.

Hell, read some of Rabbi Meir Kahane's writings from the 70s and 80s; they correspond very closely to many of the Alt-Right's positions. (His political party was banned by the Israeli Supreme Court from the Knesset for being rayciiiss in 1988)

The title of his 1981 book, They Must Go, is essentially a version of "They have to go back".

Blogger F.D. Stephens April 12, 2017 7:04 PM  

George Lakoff is still alive?

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 7:06 PM  

@127-"There is absolutely no reason not to simply use Y except personal distaste for it"

Not being aware of the the rhetorical superiority of Y is a reason.

"which means that the person is more concerned about how he feels about the term than the target affected"

He may be wrong to use his feelings if his feelings are a poor indicator of how the target will feel. But he doesn't necessarily know that. You could be right 9 times out of 10 as to the secret reason why someone prefers his own term to a more popular and proven term. But I don't think that's the case with Sailer.

Think for a moment, is it really plausible that Steve has some moral scruple with the term "warrior" that he lacks with "jihadi?" I think that unlikely.

Blogger Bogey April 12, 2017 7:21 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 7:23 PM  

@127-"Many times, you'll see people say 'I call them X', but if you examine their work, you can see that they generally don't."

That's probably true. If that's what they call it, they'll just call it that instead of saying they call it that. Unless they just came up with it.

"It's not about X, it is about distaste for Y. Which, obviously, means they are focused on something other than effective rhetoric."

That's not obvious. Again, that may be true 9 times out of 10, and your talent for pattern recognition is admirable. But more than one thing can fit a pattern, or appear to. If I fail at rhetoric because I rely on my own taste rather than what's effective, that does not mean I'm focused on something other than effective rhetoric. It could mean I don't have enough appreciation for the difference between my taste and good rhetoric.

I made the mistake in my last post of confounding moral scruples with your use of distaste. But of course taste need not have anything to do with morals. Good rhetoric might be distasteful to me in the same sense that Philistines famously have poorly developed taste for high art. But what if I don't know it? In that case, I'm at least not deliberately focused on something else.

Or, what if I know it--as Sailer does, judging from how he admits he has a bad track record at it--but don't know another way? Besides copying other people, which is what those with bad taste ought to do. But you can't do that and be influential or original.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 7:32 PM  

By the way, though Sailer is not good at the head-to-head type of rhetoric with your enemies, nor do much at coining catchphrases, rhetoric is an expansive field and there are parts he's pretty good at. Jargon and inside jokes, for instance, are important. They don't win arguments, but they do bind people together, and movements need that. Also, he is a great Noticer, but no one would know that if the way he did so didn't stick on your mind. You can't make things stick in people's minds reliably without good rhetoric.

Blogger Mr Darcy April 12, 2017 7:43 PM  

May I just point out that Milo Y. is, in fact, not a "poster boy of the alt right"? Decent people repudiate that degenerate. If our movement has to rely on garbage like that, then we are truly lost. And don't bother "explaining" anything to me. Decent people reject him.

Blogger JP April 12, 2017 8:06 PM  

"Your dissections/vivisections of the matter, insofar as I have witnessed them, leave much to be desired, however."

Jesus, a thesaurus doesn't make you smart. Maybe if you had an actual argument you'd explain what's wrong with his. Instead of, "you're a dumb poo-poo head!"

Blogger SteelPalm April 12, 2017 8:06 PM  

As for Steve Sailer, I love the guy, but yes, his writing can come across as esoteric. Part of that is a poor use or understanding of rhetoric.

Shame, because he is absolutely brilliant and deserves an even wider audience.

Blogger michaeloh59 April 12, 2017 8:24 PM  

Speaking of rhetoric, from one of Steve's commenters:


More PC codewords:

Far-right: the mere desire of white European nations to preserve borders, identity, and culture.

White supremacism: Any positive white racial consciousness.

Antisemitism: Once meaningful term now just means (1) noticing Jewish power and (2) especially noticing that it may go against interests of your own people.

Pride: the new ‘gay’

Hate Speech: Usually white speech hated by those who hate white people or sane people. It once had some meaning when applied to KKK and Holocaust deniers. Now, the refusal to use 50 different pronouns for gender makes you a hater.

Hate Crime: More often than not, a ‘hate hoax’ pulled by blacks, homos, Asians, browns, and creative Zionists with fancy high-tech equipment in Israel.

Diversity is our strength: ‘Our’ meaning globalist elites who reduce all the masses of the world into replaceable minions. ‘

‘Diverse’: An all black team is ‘diverse’. An all white team isn’t.

Racist: Whatever upsets blacks. So, if a more black kids are suspended for bad behavior in schools, that sho is ‘racist’.

‘Israel’s right to exist’: It really means the Occupation of West Bank must go on.

Inclusive: It really means the West should not defend itself from invasivism.

Nativist: Used as epithet for wanting to defend one’s nation from demographic imperialism.

Marriage Equality: Homo supremacism as it’s not about polygamy or incest-marriage.

They: a funny Meso-American kid who killed a white girl but feels like victim

Affirmative action: Bend rules to favor rich blacks over poor whites.

Disparate Impact: Bend rules to favor blacks and browns over whites.

And Globalism also has a bunch of codewords:

Enhanced Interrogation Technique: Torture (Surely if any nation captured US soldiers and waterboarded them, it’d be called ‘torture’.)

Spreading Democracy: Smashing any nation to serve globalism.

Rogue Nation: Any nation detested by the GLOB.

WMD: Potent weapons in the hands of enemies of globalism. When globalist nations have such weapons, they’re called something else.

War on Terror: Now, it’s mostly war for terror by aiding Jihadis against secular Assad.

Western Values: Worship of Homos and Welcoming of Muslims. Yep, that is what ‘western values’ are all about according to France and Germany. And of course, Sweden.

Extremist: Europeans wanting to preserve European territory, race, and culture.

Welcoming: Celebrating invasion of your nation.

Russian: Whatever goes wrong is due to ‘Russian’ something or other. I spilled milk. Damn Russians. My car broke down. Damn Russians.

Fake News: Alternative media that challenges MSM narrative.

Blogger tublecane April 12, 2017 8:29 PM  

Also, I just want to ad that there's a big difference between intellectually knowing rhetoric is about manipulating your reader's emotions rather than tickling your personal fancy and actually being able to do so in practice. Maybe not for people like you, who have both a native talent and decades of intensive practice, but for people without perfect pitch for rhetoric, yes.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 8:55 PM  

An odd admixture of thoughts, here. And thus we have the Internet, I suppose.

This world many of you aim for: it does not conclude as you hope/feel it will.

Many of you will simply need to feel just how White the world will of course be.

Which is, of course, what keeps some of you so reactionarily strident.

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2017 9:05 PM  

> This world many of you aim for: it does not conclude as you hope/feel it will.

Yeah, yeah. Stormfront is thataway.

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2017 9:06 PM  

Word salad is the hallmark of the midwit.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 9:13 PM  

James Dixon wrote:> This world many of you aim for: it does not conclude as you hope/feel it will.

Yeah, yeah. Stormfront is thataway.


No, friend. Reality comes only in the direction it does. Like it or not.

This is not an argument you, me, or anyone else can win.

Given your response, however, I imagine the truth of the thing will need to be shoved down your dissident, fag throat.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 9:16 PM  

Fisher wrote:This world many of you aim for: it does not conclude as you hope/feel it will.

Many of you will simply need to feel just how White the world will of course be.

Men state what they mean, plainly. (((Useless Faggots))) circumlocute, hint, and divert.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 9:24 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Fisher wrote:This world many of you aim for: it does not conclude as you hope/feel it will.

Many of you will simply need to feel just how White the world will of course be.


Men state what they mean, plainly. (((Useless Faggots))) circumlocute, hint, and divert.


Suck my dick.

We plain enough yet?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 9:58 PM  

Go back to whatever disease-infested syphilitic asshole your crawled out of and crawl right back in, you impotent, stupid, pointless waste of fat and despair.
Your existence has been measured out in the your self-obvious failure and in trying to hide it from yourself, you've retreated into the rationalization of "I may be an excretum on the underpants of humanity, but at least I'm not a Jew."

But you know your rationalization is false. your value to the world, to the country, to the race, to your family, to yourself has fled, if you ever had any to start with. All your efforts at hiding your pointless miserable failure from yourself have failed, just like every positive thing you have ever feebly attempted in your life. Now you are reduced to trying to cause others to despair. And you fail even at that.
No-one here respects your idiotic opinion. No-one here is buying your lie. No-one here is going to lie down and die because Trump has hired Jews.

Even the people you think you are on the side of mock you.

Give up.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey April 12, 2017 9:59 PM  

@Fisher

"Suck my dick.

We plain enough yet?"

Perhaps an inappropriate fecal reference, and a lament about muh 6 billion, might make it plainer.

Anonymous Fisher April 12, 2017 10:14 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Go back to whatever disease-infested syphilitic asshole your crawled out of and crawl right back in, you impotent, stupid, pointless waste of fat and despair.

Your existence has been measured out in the your self-obvious failure and in trying to hide it from yourself, you've retreated into the rationalization of "I may be an excretum on the underpants of humanity, but at least I'm not a Jew."

But you know your rationalization is false. your value to the world, to the country, to the race, to your family, to yourself has fled, if you ever had any to start with. All your efforts at hiding your pointless miserable failure from yourself have failed, just like every positive thing you have ever feebly attempted in your life. Now you are reduced to trying to cause others to despair. And you fail even at that.

No-one here respects your idiotic opinion. No-one here is buying your lie. No-one here is going to lie down and die because Trump has hired Jews.

Even the people you think you are on the side of mock you.

Give up.


Wordy responses are wordy. You're on the right track, though. Don't give up on what you might be.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2017 10:23 PM  

"Hurrr hurrr sux mah dixor. Derp."

Such a brilliant correspondent.
Back the shtetl with you.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 12, 2017 11:27 PM  

@107 Dawid van Coller

Were-Puppy wrote:
@85 Jamie

Is calling yourself The Master Race any different from calling yourself The Chosen People?

---

That's going to make a hell of a meme


Now I'm getting confused - was Hitler a (((Literally Jooo))), or are all (((Jooo's))) now "Literally Hitler"?
---

The beauty is this statement will trigger both nazis and (((tribesmen))) - it's like that one episode of Family Guy I saw a long time ago where there was a palestinian and an israeli and Peter says "You know, you guys look alike to me" :P

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable April 13, 2017 2:22 AM  

I have always loved rhetoric, or at least that which expresses truths: the poems of reason. So I really appreciate this laboratory. Thank you.

Now we can disagree on formulations, like I think "whatever can't go on forever won't" is tight, but however people want to say it, as long as they infect people with that truth.

On the other hand, "Intersectionality = Rape Culture" might just be too much inside baseball. But what if someone took that same concept, personalized a target, and froze it?

Then you'd have Robert Stacy McCain's latest, Dear @EmmaWatson: You Are the ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for a Rape Culture

Blogger James Dixon April 13, 2017 8:13 AM  

> No, friend. Reality comes only in the direction it does. Like it or not.

Yes it does. You're not going to like it.

> This is not an argument you, me, or anyone else can win.

And yet here you are, mouthing off.

> Given your response, however, I imagine the truth of the thing will need to be shoved down your dissident, fag throat.

You're welcome to try. Somehow I doubt I have anything to worry about. Reality and I are well acquainted, I have nothing to worry about from it either.

Anonymous Altrabbi April 13, 2017 10:33 AM  

I'd say Steve is pretty good at rhetoric. In fact, one of the primary reasons the altright has been effective is because Steve created so much of the language the alt right universally employs: Invade the world invite the world, Vibrancy, zeroeth amendment, crime of noticing, hate stat etc etc

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd April 13, 2017 10:19 PM  

tublecane wrote:They could like it because they think it to be effective against the enemy.

If they're wrong, they're wrong. But that's not necessarily because they don't know better than to rely on their own personal appreciation rather than the target's. It could be because that's all they have, lacking killer verbal instincts or the habit of properly putting themselves inside the heads of other people.


I have no clue what's going on inside others' heads. In person, I'm pretty weak on reading expressions. However, when cucks and sjws start being concerned or offended by a phrase, I know I've found something effective.

Repeat what others are drawing blood with, mix it up, take popular phrases and mangle them to fit your purpose, and always be alert for the offended shrieks of the liberals and concerns of the cucks, because those are the Xs that mark the rhetorical treasure.

Blogger michaeloh59 April 14, 2017 12:41 PM  

#152

I think Steve has created some important memes as well. But are they rhetoric? An analysis of some of Steve's memes would be an excellent excuse for VD to craft an interesting post on rhetoric if he is so inclined.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts