ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Resist or be conquered

Peter Grant considers Mark Steyn's words in the aftermath of Manchester:
Poland and Hungary and Slovakia do not have Islamic terrorism because they have very little Islam. France and Germany and Belgium admit more and more Islam, and thus more and more terrorism. Yet the subject of immigration has been all but entirely absent from the current UK election campaign. Thirty years ago, in the interests of stopping IRA terrorism, the British state was not above preventing the internal movement within its borders of unconvicted, uncharged, unarrested Republican sympathizers seeking to take a ferry from Belfast to Liverpool. Today it declares it can do nothing to prevent the movement of large numbers of the Muslim world from thousands of miles away to the heart of the United Kingdom. It's just a fact of life - like being blown up when you go to a pop concert.

All of us have gotten things wrong since 9/11. But few of us have gotten things as disastrously wrong as May and Merkel and Hollande and an entire generation of European political leaders who insist that remorseless incremental Islamization is both unstoppable and manageable. It is neither - and, for the sake of the dead of last night's carnage and for those of the next one, it is necessary to face that honestly. Theresa May's statement in Downing Street is said by my old friends at The Spectator to be "defiant", but what she is defying is not terrorism but reality.

There's much more at the link.  Recommended reading.

I want to disagree with Mr. Steyn, but I can't.  I disagree profoundly that Islam as a whole is the source of our terrorism problem;  but the fact that the terrorists are overwhelmingly fundamentalist Muslims undermines my argument, because it's almost impossible to tell them apart from Muslims who are not terrorists or terrorist sympathizers.  If you can't distinguish the dangerous from the harmless, you're left with only one alternative to ensure your safety.  You have to regard all of them as dangerous until proven otherwise.

This is a tragedy of monumental proportions - and it's one that until recently simply was not a factor.  I was discussing this with Lawdog last night.  He and I can recall many encounters with Muslims in Africa back in the 1970's and 1980's, he in the west of that continent, I in the south and east.  Almost universally, the Muslims we knew then were not radicalized, were perfectly happy to coexist in peace with their neighbors, and were not interested in terrorism as a tool to promote their beliefs.

If there was a single, seminal event that changed everything, it was the war against Soviet invasion in Afghanistan.  So-called 'mujahideen' flocked there from every corner of the world to resist the invaders - and the survivors took back home with them the newly radicalized Islam they had learned there.  Now, in the aftermath of Afghanistan, things are radically different in Africa, to the point where Lawdog and I can no longer recognize the socio-political-cultural landscape we once knew.  From Boko Haram in West Africa to Al-Shabaab in East Africa, from Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) in North Africa to Qibla and PAGAD in South Africa, radicals attempted (with varying degrees of success) to subvert and take over more moderate Muslim organizations and activities.  Their efforts have been beaten back, but continue to this day.  The same is true all over the world.
I don't see why so many people are having so much trouble grasping the fact that groups go through quiescent and expansionist stages. 200 years ago, the English were imperialist. 60 years ago the Germans were imperialist. Now the Islamic world is imperialist. It is meaningless to observe that a group was once what it now is not, or that it once was not what it now is. We have to deal with the situation that presents itself today, not 500 years ago or even five years ago.

Either the natives resist the imperialist invaders are they will be ruled by them. This isn't rocket science. It is just history in action.

Labels: ,

118 Comments:

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable May 26, 2017 7:23 PM  

Steyn, Grant, Vox. I agree with you all insofar as you correctly observe that the answer is PUNT THEM ALL OUT NOW.

Not egalitarian. Not multicultural. Not self-destructive either.

Blogger Lazarus May 26, 2017 7:25 PM  

So-called 'mujahideen' flocked there from every corner of the world to resist the invaders - and the survivors took back home with them the newly radicalized Islam they had learned there.


From Infogalactica:

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideen prior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, from 1979 to 1989. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by the regime of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq in neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention.

God Bless America.

Blogger Michael Maier May 26, 2017 7:25 PM  

"...I went to Amsterdam, which is markedly less gay than it used to be"

Well it's not ALL bad...

Blogger Cataline Sergius May 26, 2017 7:26 PM  

I things will get better...after they get worse.

Sad but there it is.

Blogger tz May 26, 2017 7:46 PM  

The nice lady who is Poland's PM ripped the EU a new one. Poles apart.

I'm not sure it is so much an explicit expansionsist phase as much as "We'll pay you to come here and rape our women, defecate in our swimming pools, and we'll feed you and provide MacBooks". Now I'm 3rd generation American, but can't get half the goodies for going back, and I'd probably contribute to the GDP.

Perhaps each European country should establish a Galt's Gulch and see what happens. Besides the invisibility shield and some weapon that will ... neutralize the Muslim problem.

On another topic, the only problem with Gianforte is his target was some unknown dweeb from the Guardian. I'd pay (Bail and more) to see Fareed Zakaria need a GPS to find where he was drop-kicked to.

Blogger tz May 26, 2017 7:48 PM  

@3 You mean gay butterflys can't.
I don't mean spread grease on toast.

Anonymous Rfvujm May 26, 2017 7:51 PM  

Looks like he didn't draw the connection between Poland and Hungary's strong Christian population and their lack of Islam. Is Slovakia as Christian as Poland and Hungary?

Blogger newanubis May 26, 2017 7:52 PM  

Merkel,Blair, Hollande, Soetoro, et al do not suffer the repercussions of idiocy in the form of making 'mistakes'. Rather, they are owned and thus wholly compromised doing the bidding of the ruling elite lest their power vanish as quickly as their morality.

This is not about being wrong. It's about subservience to manifest evil.

Blogger John Williams May 26, 2017 8:00 PM  

Even if you could distinguish the well intentioned muslims, history shows that their children, or grandchildren, may be murderous radicals.

Blogger Alan Gould May 26, 2017 8:02 PM  

... be conquered, and Die, like the Copts in this latest slaughter.

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky May 26, 2017 8:05 PM  

Islam was always a warlord's religion. What do people expect. The militancy, the thirst for conquest, the jihads and fatwa and madrassas churning out warriors - these were always there. They will always be there, too.

Blogger seeingsights May 26, 2017 8:05 PM  

There is something that might cause the European states to close their borders: the emergence of a new pandemic.

Europe has been hit with pandemics before, for example the Black Death:
https://infogalactic.com/info/Black_Death

The 1918 Flu Pandemic:
https://infogalactic.com/info/1918_flu_pandemic

Concerning the Black Death, the main view is that it originated in the East.

Concerning the 1918 Flu Pandemic, there is a robust theory that it originated from the East also:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140123-spanish-flu-1918-china-origins-pandemic-science-health/





Anonymous Klaus Kennher May 26, 2017 8:05 PM  

"Either the natives resist the imperialist invaders are they will be ruled by them."

What's the evidence that the muslims in Europe or the U.S. represent "imperialist invaders" in any sense of the term as it has been historically used. It seems much more likely that a very small group of muslims in Europe have terrorism of any sort in mind.

The claim of "imperialist invaders" is really nothing more than especially simplistic rhetoric that doesn't offer any insights into contemporary European demographics

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Grass May 26, 2017 8:06 PM  

Steyn is dead on, Grant is cucked (he might come along).

@2 you can thank our "ally" Saudi Arabia for OLB and AQ. They wouldn't touch our money even through the ISI.

I saw a Muslim chick walking down a street near where I live today: chador and hijab. I made a point of staring at her. Hopefully she saw it (was wearing sunglasses). Here's to hoping FBI and DHS and Army EOD bring their A game for the 500 like they did last year.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2017 8:12 PM  

Klaus Kennher wrote:The claim of "imperialist invaders" is really nothing more than especially simplistic rhetoric that doesn't offer any insights into contemporary European demographics
They are openly calling for conquest and domination of native Europeans.

Blogger Shane Sullivan May 26, 2017 8:13 PM  

When it comes to Islam, terrorism, or attacks of a similar nature, have been quite common throughout its history. Whenever Islamic warriors conquer new territory and settle in, the ruling classes inevitably become worldly, or dare I say, secular; soon such idleness catches the eyes of fundamentalists who begin raving about how all of their societal failings, whatever they may be, are caused by such attachment to the mortal plane; and they set out to correct those ills with what else, but violence. I'm pretty sure you can see such occurrences back during the Umayyad days.

Blogger Cail Corishev May 26, 2017 8:25 PM  

I'm sure our military meddling hasn't helped. But as I understand it, much of the radicalism -- including the funding of the most radical mosques in the US and Europe -- is being driven from Saudi Arabia, supposedly our ally. We haven't attacked or undermined Saudi Arabia; on the contrary, we've been doing their bidding (theirs and Israel's, which tend to be the same thing).

So I wonder if a bigger factor isn't the oil money we've been pumping into them for years. We give them piles of cash, which they've used to radicalize and arm mosques over here. In the meantime we increasingly open the borders, making it easy for those they've radicalized to import more of the like-minded. They can afford a lot more activity and invasion than they could in the 1970s.

So I wonder if those moderate Muslims he met over there in the past were really that moderate, or if they just couldn't afford to be as open about it as they are now. Were they really happy to live among infidels, or did they just feel they had no other choice at the time? I dunno.

Anonymous Merry Englander May 26, 2017 8:26 PM  

@7 Yes, Slovakia is very Christian. Mostly Catholics with a splash of Orthodox and Protestants to round things out.

They don't like Muslims.

"SLOVAKIA has passed a law which will effectively ban Islam from gaining official status as a religion...

Islam, which has just 2,000 supporters in Slovakia according to the latest census and no recognised mosques..."
, Express

"Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico is defying EU officials in the migrant crisis - and may win re-election on Saturday [he did]...

campaign stresses the need to protect largely Christian Slovakia from Muslim migrants...

I can tell you we will never - under a quota system - bring one single Muslim to Slovakia," Mr Fico says, his voice rising.

...And we will never - not even voluntarily - create a self-contained Muslim community, because it would represent a serious security risk."
, BBC

And that guy, Fico, is the softy. There are growing far-right parties that would not be so nice to Muslims.

Blogger seeingsights May 26, 2017 8:33 PM  

Vox,

The InfoGalactic article on the 1918 Flu Pandemic basically follows Wikipedia. The InfoGalactic article says:

"Hypotheses about source
Investigative work by a British team led by virologist John Oxford[15] of St Bartholomew's Hospital and the Royal London Hospital identified a major troop staging and hospital camp in Étaples, France, as almost certainly being the center of the 1918 flu pandemic. A significant precursor virus, harbored in birds, mutated to pigs that were kept near the front.[16]"

I got suspicious when I read the phrase "almost certainly". So I looked further into the issue, and saw that the source cited comes from 2009.

However a robust alternative theory, was written about in 2014:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140123-spanish-flu-1918-china-origins-pandemic-science-health/

I have a hunch that the Wikipedia editors have a bias for the Flu-Originated-in-Europe-Theory. Perhaps the article in InfoGalactic could be written.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 26, 2017 8:36 PM  

I think we should drop the term terrorism for the term war

Anonymous Mark Auld May 26, 2017 8:46 PM  

Steyn is one of the sane and rational voices out there,and I hope that his joined with a growing chorus of others will turn public opinion around in the EU countries...very soon.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents May 26, 2017 8:47 PM  

@16
That's the basic cycle of Islam. Raiders overrun an area and impose Islam by force & dhimmi laws. The next generation rules the area and raises more raiders. The generation after that finds some parts of Islam to be ugly and softens. A generation or so after that corruption sets in, young men read the Koran and decide their rulers are degenerate, then revolt. If the revo succeeds, they then invade neighbors.

Iberia was invaded at least twice, and the second invasion was due to the previous invaders not being Mo enough in their Islam.

@17
Islam was on the ropes 150 years ago, leading to "friday only" Islam in a lot of places. Peter is a bit of a fish out of water now because the world he grew up in is gone and has a problem with that.

Back in 2003 I knew a boomer who was ex Air Force. He didn't buy the idea that Turkey was sliding radical, so when the Turks refused to let the 4th Infantry through he was surprised. See, he'd been to Turkey with the Air Force and had traveled a lot in country, been in the economy, drank their beer and imported wine. He knew all about Turkey. All about it. Because he'd been there in 1975, and that was all he needed. All the changes in the 90's and 00's due to AKP and Erdogan went right by him, because he'd been there in 1975. The only rhetoric that shook him a little was this: "So America is the same now in 2003 as it was in 1975?:" but not much.

Peter is a smart man but in some ways he's stuck in the past. So are a lot of other people. Including the whole Davos crew.


Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents May 26, 2017 8:52 PM  

Can confirm Slovakia is mostly Catholic with some Orthodox and Protestant. The Czech Republic is pretty much agnostic to atheist. Have known missionaries to both countries.

The bloc (Poland, Hungary, Czech, Slovak) has a lot of resources and adjoining territory. They could be increasingly important, and therefore an EU target.

Blogger tuberman May 26, 2017 8:54 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents May 26, 2017 8:59 PM  

Everything said in Steyn and Grant's postings can be swept to one side with a simple sentence:

They have to go back. Period. Now or later. All of them. Even the gaybois in rompers have to go back .

They have to go back.

Blogger Jourdan May 26, 2017 8:59 PM  

There is no doubt that Islam is in an energetic phase, but I'm not convinced it's anything other than opportunistic intrusion due to a weak West. Any reasonable Western government could resolve all issues presented today by Islamism in less than six months. Since that is true, the aggression from Islam is obviously being *allowed* not *imposed*.

It is my view that Western Civilization was deeply, profoundly wounded by WWI, and the only thing that remains to be seen is if that wound was mortal.

If it is, "there are no people so small in the world that could not do them harm."

If it is not, then once recovery has begun, the little folk will go back behind the wall, and Rome will not hear when they call, her sentries will pass on, that is all.

Anonymous DirkH May 26, 2017 9:02 PM  

13. Klaus Kennher May 26, 2017 8:05 PM
""Either the natives resist the imperialist invaders are they will be ruled by them."

What's the evidence that the muslims in Europe or the U.S. represent "imperialist invaders" in any sense of the term as it has been historically used. It seems much more likely that a very small group of muslims in Europe have terrorism of any sort in mind. "

It might behoof you well to read the Holy Quran which says, I quote from memory, Not All Of You Shall Go To Jihad At The Same Time, But The Ones Who Stay Behind Shall Support The Fighters.

And that's exactly what the "muslim communities" are doing. They follow their "religion" to a tee.

Anonymous One Deplorable DT May 26, 2017 9:13 PM  

I just don't understand. 200 years ago HIV wasn't killing people in NYC. Surely we can't discriminate though.

#NotAllViruses

Blogger Lazarus May 26, 2017 9:16 PM  

Klaus Kennher wrote:The claim of "imperialist invaders" is really nothing more than especially simplistic rhetoric that doesn't offer any insights into contemporary European demographics

War is politics by other means. Immigration by migration is war by other means.

Diversity + proximity = war.

Dance around it all you want, you can't change the reality of these relationships.

Blogger VD May 26, 2017 9:17 PM  

What's the evidence that the muslims in Europe or the U.S. represent "imperialist invaders" in any sense of the term as it has been historically used. It seems much more likely that a very small group of muslims in Europe have terrorism of any sort in mind.

Your logic is incorrect. Imperialism != Terrorism.

Anonymous One Deplorable DT May 26, 2017 9:21 PM  

I don't see why so many people are having so much trouble grasping the fact that groups go through quiescent and expansionist stages.

Binary thinking. It's the same reason Germans still feel guilty about a holocaust they weren't even alive for.

For most people seeing humanity as a set of probabilities, bell curves, and continually changing genomes and cultures is like math class to Barbie.

Blogger Cail Corishev May 26, 2017 9:26 PM  

There is no doubt that Islam is in an energetic phase, but I'm not convinced it's anything other than opportunistic intrusion due to a weak West.

That's a much better (and shorter) statement of what I was trying to get at. Another thought: there have been Muslim/Arab terrorists hijacking planes and blowing stuff up as long as I've been alive. There was a time when it wasn't politically incorrect to notice it, so you even saw it in movies and TV shows. But they didn't have the werewithal to do as much of it outside their immediate neighborhood, and Israel hadn't yet built a Wall to take away the nearest target.

So has their motive really increased that much, or is it that we've increased their means and opportunity?

The distinction does matter. If the problem is radicalization caused by our meddling, then we should focus on ending the meddling, but maybe it's not so important to kick them out. Maybe the moderates will live happily among us again if we just stop offending them [insert multicultural bromides here]. But if they were always radical and just waiting for a chance to start spreading Dar Al Islam, it's more important to take away their opportunity by sending them all back -- all of them.

Anonymous Bad Attitude May 26, 2017 9:37 PM  

@9 Even if you could distinguish the well intentioned muslims, history shows that their children, or grandchildren, may be murderous radicals.

I don't think you can ever really tell the good ones from the bad ones.

Several years ago, I read the book The Battle of the Casbah by General Paul Aussaresses. He tells of a 1955 massacre in a small mining village where the Algerian Muslim workers had turned on their European neighbors with no provocation. He observes "I saw children chopped up into pieces, with their throats slit or crushed to death, the women who had been disemboweled or decapitated... What was hardest to believe was that these people had been massacred and mutilated by their Algerian Muslim neighbors, who had been peacefully living with them until then."

As to why these Algerians had turned on their European neighbors: One Algerian foreman who had murdered the entire family of one of his French coworkers explained, "I was told that I ran no risk." The foreman further explained: "Yesterday an FLN representative came to see us. He told us the Egyptians and the Americans were landing today to come and help us. He said we should kill all the French and that we ran no risk. So I killed all those I could find."

As a kafir, you trust Muslims at your own peril.

Anonymous Lurker May 26, 2017 9:40 PM  

What's the difference between a radial Muslim and a moderate Muslim?

The radical Muslim wants to kill you. The moderate Muslim wants the radical Muslim to kill you.

Blogger SteelPalm May 26, 2017 9:50 PM  

Like others here, I'm no fan of Ben Shapiro. He proved himself a weak moderate during the election cycle. However, he did do one thing in producing this excellent video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

Those nice "moderate" Muslims Peter Grant describes? They were just biding their time. But these "moderates" overwhelmingly support and aid the jihadis.

Most Muslims don't have the bravery to kill themselves for Allah in the same way most Westerners never serve in the military.

However, jihadis are the heroes of the Muslim world in the same way soldiers (used) to be heroes of the Western world.

Blogger Kristophr May 26, 2017 9:53 PM  

I don't think Islam is just going through a phase.

The Maxim gun and the gunboat put the boot to their necks, so they retreated, and followed the Mecca hadiths ( Islam is weak at the moment ).

They have been emboldened, and are now following the Medina hadiths ( Islam is strong now, begin conversion by the sword ).

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 26, 2017 9:58 PM  

So after reading Mr. Steyn's outstanding piece, I decided to look into the Lebanon case... I searched for "Fall of Lebanon"... next thing I know I'm looking at the damn Breivik Manifesto 2083. That thing is MASSIVE, and it tells a very distressing tale (if accurate) of a Lebanon that was a majority Christian, and now something much different.
One question I was pondering... Did anyone care that Lebanon was becoming another Constantinople?

Blogger Kristophr May 26, 2017 10:02 PM  

seeingsights wrote:Vox,

...

I have a hunch that the Wikipedia editors have a bias for the Flu-Originated-in-Europe-Theory. Perhaps the article in InfoGalactic could be written.



The re-write it. It IS a wiki, after all. Unlike wikipedia, you don't have to worry about some barking moonbat vandalizing your work.

Anonymous DonReynolds May 26, 2017 10:02 PM  

Let's put this in terms that all people can immediately understand....

Very few orca (killer whales) ever attack a human in the water. Very few great white sharks ever attack swimmers in the surf. The hippo kills more human beings than any other animal, yet very few ever kill a human being. Lions and tigers and bears are known to kill and eat human beings, yet few ever do. The FACT that few of these predators ever actually kill (or attack) a human being does not mean they make good house pets, or neighbors, or that they are not a present danger to any person they find.

Does that mean that these predators should be tracked down and destroyed for the safety of any and all human beings? Most people say NO.

Does that mean these predators are safe around small children (or anyone else)? Most people say NO.

In fact, most people would insist that the predators be confined to areas separate from humans as much as possible. When they come to the USA, we would keep them in secure zoo facilities with trained handlers. In some parts of the world, they would be permitted to roam the oceans and wildlife preserves.

Blogger michaeloh59 May 26, 2017 10:03 PM  

#13
The stupidity and cowardice of the cuck is a blight on Western Civilization. Cowardice and stupidity feed on each other, and are contagious. Facts don't matter, as this commenter so cleary demonstrates. He will cling to his willful ignorance when 3rd world illiterates destroy the wages of his neighbors, turn his kids schools into low IQ warehouses, lower his property value and rape his daughter. None of these will be the fault of the illiterates, but of the whites who can never do enough for the illiterates. But so long as Klaus kennher gets to call you a racist then his pathological insecurity is temporarily satiated. He need achieve nothing, build nothing, save nothing- indeed it is easier to destroy and America rewards nothing so much as destruction; especially of people, especially white people. Hatred of whitey and the West is a career path. In order that Klaus Kennher and the cowards like him are not personally threatened or inconvenienced, there are no people worthy of protection, not even their own children, and there is no c*ck they won't suck.

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 26, 2017 10:03 PM  

@36 Well, looks like the Sabra and Shatila massacre can give us an indication of what may happen if Islam cannot rid itself of it's extremism. Future isn't looking too bright right now.

Blogger Lazarus May 26, 2017 10:07 PM  

Sterling Pilgrim wrote:One question I was pondering... Did anyone care that Lebanon was becoming another Constantinople?

Beirut used to be called "the Paris of the Middle East".
Now Paris is the Beirut of Europe.

The sense of humor of the God of History is impressive, to say the least. This may be where Seinfeld is getting his material.

Blogger tuberman May 26, 2017 10:12 PM  

"Well, looks like the Sabra and Shatila massacre can give us an indication of what may happen if Islam cannot rid itself of it's extremism. Future isn't looking too bright right now."

Islam is extreme at it's root. It is 1400+ years of criminal intent pretending to be a religion. It needs be completely destroyed.

Anonymous Gen. Kong May 26, 2017 10:18 PM  

5343 Kinds of Deplorable wrote:
Steyn, Grant, Vox. I agree with you all insofar as you correctly observe that the answer is PUNT THEM ALL OUT NOW.

Not egalitarian. Not multicultural. Not self-destructive either.


Here's the thing that Steyn and other don't understand that St. Breivik did understand: The invaders cannot be removed until people like May, Hollande and Hi-Fellatin' Franny are removed first - along with all who support the invasion for whatever reason, whether cucks, churchians, Talmudic Satanists, or SJWs. Even the Musloid who beheaded the disarmed (by his own government) Lee Rigby - like a modern day Baalam's ass - saw the basic reality: Remove your governments. They are not for you. As long as people continue to ghost-dance about elections and constitutions, watch fake-news, participate in fake-elections and pay fake-nations with fake-money, they will continue to be blind to reality.

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 26, 2017 10:24 PM  

@33 "Weapons at the mine were locked up because the person in charge of the key had gone to the beach."
Damn.

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 26, 2017 10:25 PM  

@33 "At the funeral of one pied-noir woman killed by the FLN, her husband gave an emotional eulogy about his love for his wife followed up by an explicit description of how she was first gang-raped, then had her vagina mutilated before being allowed to bleed to death. After the funeral ended, members of the funeral party as they left the church lynched the first seven Muslims on the street that they encountered."

No that's a eulogy!

Blogger Cail Corishev May 26, 2017 10:25 PM  

Islam is extreme at it's root.

Right, that's really the question. Is there even such a thing as "non-extreme Islam," or is that just "Islam minding its manners when it has to"? I suspect it's more the latter.

When people talk about encouraging "moderate Islam," I think what they're hoping is to shift Muslims to a Churchian form of Islam, to get them to stop believing in or living out the commands of Islam, but replace them with some basic humanist ideas like being nice and helping others. Like Churchians who call themselves Christians, the idea is that they can retain some of the culture and customs, but give up the strongly held beliefs.

They're skipping over the question of whether that's even possible, and assuming it is because they think it's a done deal with Christianity. But that's a cycle that's going to come around again, so they're wrong on that from the start. I also note that they never suggest that we turn Muslims peaceful by trying to convert them to Christ.

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 26, 2017 10:26 PM  

@45 **Now**

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 26, 2017 10:28 PM  

@33 "However, it is a measure of how peaceful El-Halia was that the Pied Noirs there thought that, in the unlikely event that they were visited by the rebels, then the Algerians and French would fight the FLN off together."

Looks like trusting the "moderates" got them no where.

Blogger Cail Corishev May 26, 2017 10:29 PM  

It just hit me what this new Churchian style of moderate Islam they think they can nurture will be called: Judeo-Muslim.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 26, 2017 10:38 PM  

Only guaranteed way to utopia for a Muslim is to die waging jihad against the infidels

Anonymous Rocklea May 26, 2017 10:43 PM  

Mr.MantraMan wrote:
"I think we should drop the term terrorism for the term war"

This. This is not terrorism. This is War.

Blogger Lazarus May 26, 2017 10:43 PM  

Gen. Kong wrote:Here's the thing that Steyn and other don't understand that St. Breivik did understand:

Absolutely. Class A traitors = politicians, Class B traitors = media. His mother was a Class B traitor, and though he loved her as a mother, he was fine with her being eliminated for her crimes.

Blogger wreckage May 26, 2017 10:52 PM  

"What's the evidence that the muslims in Europe or the U.S. represent "imperialist invaders""

Orthodoxy in Islam is essentially imperialist religio-nationalism. Everyone must obey Shariah under threat of violence (normally the role of the State, INCLUDING in Christian Europe c.1400 AD), apostasy is punished by death (normally the punishment for treason), and the Prophet enjoys all the protections of Lese Majeste.

It is also expansionist, not traditionally evangelistic (see: death penalty for apostasy; this works identically to conquest).

Islam may be peaceful or violent, it may be moderate or extreme, but it is always imperialist; if it ceases to be imperialist it ceases to be Islam. However far it may drift from that, Reform and Revival will always return it to its roots and intent.

Blogger Lazarus May 26, 2017 11:11 PM  

An appropriate response would be to assassinate the mayor of London, be captured, and say that it is just something one has to get used to in a Big City.

When a BBC commenter says the same thing, same response, etc.

Nobody is going to do that, because they are not as committed as the muslim looneys. Until people commit to their survival, they will continue to die.

Blogger Lazarus May 26, 2017 11:18 PM  

Assassinate Class A traitors, like the mayor of Manchester, and the chief of police. Any Class B traitors in the media, including JK Rowling. the Harry thing has jumped the shark anyway.

Otherwise, shut up and avoid possible target areas, hoping you die a horrible death of natural causes, like being blind and deaf and overwhelmed by alzheimers.

Cue Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU


Anonymous Rocklea May 26, 2017 11:43 PM  

A leopard can't change its spots.
Unless it's a politician, in which case it sniffs the political winds and acts accordingly. Doesn't mean we forget though. Anonymous conservative, on his blog, has made the point that some of the most ardent SJW's will switch sides for amygdalae relief.

Anonymous LES May 26, 2017 11:49 PM  

The violence from Islam comes straight from the Old Testament. How come no mention of Jewish terrorists?

Everything is going according to (((their))) plan. Destroy the countries near Israel and force the West to accept the refugees squatting on the future Great Israel.

Anonymous LES May 26, 2017 11:55 PM  

Greater Israel. Even so, let all the nations remain separate.

Anonymous bill #79 May 27, 2017 12:13 AM  

This USA Today article, written by Dr. Nabeel Qureshi,a speaker with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, is a Must-Read for understanding what has changed in the world to create so many terrorists!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/03/22/radicalization-isil-islam-sacred-texts-literal-interpretation-column/81808560/

Here's my favorite and most enlightening part of that article:

"As a young Muslim boy growing up in the 1980s and 1990s, it was impossible for me to look up a hadith unless I traveled to an Islamic library, something I would have never thought to do. For all intents and purposes, if I wanted to know about the traditions of Muhammad, I had to ask imams or elders in my tradition of Islam. That is no longer the case today. Just as radical Islamists may spread their message far and wide online, so, too, the Internet has made the traditions of Muhammad readily available for whoever wishes to look them up, even in English. When everyday Muslims investigate the Quran and hadith for themselves, bypassing centuries of tradition and their imams’ interpretations, they are confronted with the reality of violent jihad in the very foundations of their faith."









Blogger Benjamin Kraft May 27, 2017 12:29 AM  

On another level, the religion of a people or culture is powerfully ingrained. I love it when they call them "radicalized" or "radical" islamic terrorists. Sad lies.

Here's the facts of the matter. When life gets tough and times get hard and people start starving or dying or killing, you fall back into the patterns that claim to be the strongest for survival.

Perhaps you know a muslim, or a Christian, who seems to get along with everyone, you wouldn't even know they were religious apart from you asking/them telling you. Those people basically aren't following their religion, because times are good and they "know" they can get away with it.

When times get hard? Then they either break with their religion, or dive in fully. If they break with it, you can stake your life on them adopting and diving into some other system instantly. If they dive into it fully they become exemplars of that religion.

So, what are the actions of an exemplar of a given faith? Islamic exemplars are "holy warriors" willing to do quite literally anything to advance their faith by force and violence, because all these things are not only allowed but mandated by their religion. Islam is, properly, not only a religion, but a fully formed political and legal system as well, all falling neatly under the shroud of that faith. "The government belongs to Allah", "The law belongs to Allah", "The (physical)world belongs to Allah".

Understand, government carries the monopoly of force and violence. Islam as a religion, government and law is not only willing, but mandated to conquer the entire world, by deceit, by politics, by rape and slaughter and genocide, by violence and force of arms.

Compare and contrast with Christianity, whose faithful are not only commanded, but prophetically mandated conquer by the word of their testimony:

Revelation 12:10-11: And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, he who accuses them day and night before our God. They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death.

And which explicitly teaches Christians to work as possible within the established government, even to the point of being slaves, because God has caused it to be so:

Daniel 2:21: It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

Psalm 75:7: But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another.

Matthew 22:20-21: “Whose likeness is this,” He asked, “and whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they answered. So Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

Titus 2:9-10: Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.


TL;DR: When life gets tough, religions get strong and their adherents get fundamental (what that word ACTUALLY means). All those moderate and tolerable people who don't live according to their faith? Yeah, those people are going to disappear by every possible means, because the cycle of the world has passed another apogee, and it's a long, long way down in the increasingly likely-looking event that it is necessary for us to hit perigee.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd May 27, 2017 12:44 AM  

Cail Corishev wrote:. Maybe the moderates will live happily among us again if we just stop offending them [insert multicultural bromides here].

Moderate or not, converted to Christianity or not, they are not us, they can never be part of our nation, and they have to go back.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd May 27, 2017 12:59 AM  

When I first skimmed the headline, I saw ``Racist or be conquered.'' It works pretty well that way, too.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey May 27, 2017 1:32 AM  

"France and Germany and Belgium admit more and more Islam, and thus more and more terrorism."

This is a deliberate distortion, only partly made up for by the mention of immigration later on. They are admitting, not "Islam," but millions of non-Whites who believe in Islam. If they all gave up terrorism, and all converted to Christianity tomorrow, they would still be an existential threat.

"So-called 'mujahideen' flocked there from every corner of the world to resist the invaders - and the survivors took back home with them the newly radicalized Islam they had learned there."

Let's be precise here. These "radicalized" or "fundamentalist" Muslims follow a particular sect within Sunni Islam. They are Salafi (Wahhabi). Salafist Islam as an ideology is largely backed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and other Gulf States that our leaders tell us are allies. Salafi mosques in Europe, like the one that the Manchester bomber attended, are usually funded by the Saudis or Qataris. Salafist terrorist groups often get their funding from the same sources. US government-backed groups of "freedom fighters," or proxy armies, are very similar to these terrorist groups, and often will perform what the WWE would call a "face-heel turn" (or vice versa), as dictated by the needs of the narrative.

For example, the Manchester bomber, Salman Abedi, and his father have ties to LIFG (an al Qaeda-linked group) and similar Salafist terrorist groups that Western governments backed in the attack on Qaddafi.
The Manchester Bomber is one of Hillary Clinton’s Libyan “Rebels”
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/05/24/manchester-bomber-salman-abedi-linked-to-libyan-isis-libyan-dawn/comment-page-2/

Anonymous James Bold May 27, 2017 1:35 AM  

Cail Corishev wrote:I wonder if a bigger factor isn't the oil money we've been pumping into them for years. We give them piles of cash, which they've used to radicalize and arm mosques over here.
Gee, ya think?

The world literally ran on oil until long after we could have eliminated most of it.  It wasn't until the 1980's that the USA, France and the UK stopped burning oil to make a large fraction of our electricity.  Then we let the SUV craze reverse the gains we'd made in OPEC dependency.

After 9/11, millions of morons drove around well above the speed limit with drag-increasing flags streaming from their trucks.  Every extra gallon they burned fed Saudi coffers.

If 9/11 has cost us $3.3 trillion, that's about $2 for every gallon of gasoline we've used since then.  That is the MINIMUM financial punishment which should be inflicted on its use, because every dollar not spent on imports sucks money right back OUT of Saudi coffers.

The most dangerous man to Islam living today is not Donald Trump.  It's Elon Musk.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey May 27, 2017 1:36 AM  

@LES

"Everything is going according to (((their))) plan. Destroy the countries near Israel and force the West to accept the refugees squatting on the future Great Israel."

Yinon Plan >> "A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm" >> PNAC

It's all there. The countries, and the order.

Blogger ViciousCreep May 27, 2017 1:41 AM  

@22
I should add mention of the most dangerous form of this process. Western nations mostly lack ethical and legal justification for specifically prohibiting muslim immigration. Authorities have explicitly accepted that we should accept migrants who have genuinely peaceful intentions. In many places it is considered unlawful to so wisely discriminate.

Unfortunately for us, Islamic law codifies the use of this vulnerability.

Those least inclined to violence, and most disposed to friendship with non-muslims are obligated *under sentence of death* to move to non-muslim countries. In this case, occupation of the land precedes hostile intentions on the part of individual Muslims..

Blogger Scott Birch May 27, 2017 2:03 AM  

Could you not write it yourself?

Anonymous Just another commenter May 27, 2017 2:23 AM  

We should not let them in for the same reason that we shouldn't play Russian Roulette. Not all muslims are bad, and not all chambers are loaded... but some are, and the risk-reward ratio isn't anywhere close to worth it.

Blogger Phillip George May 27, 2017 2:47 AM  

Every Muslim is Anti Christ by definition.
The cost benefit analysis of doing deals with a capital or small d devil are all the same. You lose.

But Vox, I'm reliably informed that the most recent candle lit vigil has the enemy on the run. And Adriana Grande is doing a charity concert back in Man-Chested to show our collective defiance. Money raised will be administered by the Clinton Foundation to aid in the recovery process and building bridge to marginalized victimized third world peoples before they can self radicalize and conduct more of these lone wolf inexplicably motivated responses to rampant Islamophobia.

CNN have your back.

Blogger Phillip George May 27, 2017 2:50 AM  

Aurlie Chatelain's killer is being clothed, housed, fed, recieves medical and dental cover, and has his religious beliefs protected and respected by the secular 'authorities' of the Republic of France.

QED. You need no further proof.

Blogger szopen May 27, 2017 3:45 AM  

In the meantime, the party of "Nowoczesna" ("the modern [party]") declared it will demand reprimand for Polish PM for "xenophobic and europhobic statements". Nowoczesna currently is polled at 5%.

The former president Komorowski in an interview said "the PM tried to appeal to the worst kind of voters". I have never seen such an uniform response in the forums; "I am the worst kind of voter", "I hate Law and Justice and PM, but I have to say, I am one of the worst kind of voters" were typical. In polls 70 to 75% of Poles is against receiving "refugees", the stance probably strengthened by the fact, that two Polish parents died in Manchester terrorist attack.

It's not to say we don't have the cucks - we have. But I'd say for at least next few years we are quite safe.

And, finally, the problem is not with terrorists or islam. The problem is with people, who are not easily assimilable, are genetically somewhat different and who will change our states into something unrecognisable.

Blogger szopen May 27, 2017 3:48 AM  

Francis Parker Yockey wrote:They are admitting, not "Islam," but millions of non-Whites who believe in Islam. If they all gave up terrorism, and all converted to Christianity tomorrow, they would still be an existential threat.

Exactly yes. Those are OUR lands. They are not us. They have THEIR countries, they have place to go back. We have not.

Anonymous George of the Jungle May 27, 2017 4:03 AM  

The left love it when people waste time arguing about the nature of islam. It takes their mind off the real enemy, because mohammedans are just hired mercenaries. The left deliberately imported them, because the left designated us as their enemy in a war they declared long ago. The third-worlders do all the dirty work that leftists don't have the balls to do directly themselves. They're never going to stop terrorism, they perpetuate it in order to go after you and your children.

The left can't be seen to overtly support terrorism, otherwise the populace would get wise to their agenda. Therefore they keep it at just the right tempo to keep the general populace in a constant state of fear. Also they are waging both a hot war and a cold cultural war. They import invaders to do both jobs. Terrorism is the hot side, keeping you in a constant state of tension and a subconscious desire to have a police state to keep you safe. The left is happy to oblige.

Then cultural replacement is the cold side, where enough invaders will permanently change what used to be traditional America and Western Civilization. It will happen and you won't even realize it, only your grandchildren will feel the full effects of living in a third-world dystopia.

Anonymous Bobby Farr May 27, 2017 4:18 AM  

Terrorism is a red herring. Just the fact that these people are different is sufficient grounds for barring them. Even in a bizarro world where the immigrants were superior to the natives (e.g., Japanese migrating to the US), the should be barred because the natives have a right to be governed by and live among their own kind and otherwise enjoy the benefits of social cohesion. The fact that migrants are in fact stupid, ugly poor and prone to crime is only relevant in that it makes the decision a no brainer and the failure to make it clear evidence of corruption.

And compare the SW USA to any part of Europe and it is obvious that imperialism can be carried out by migrants without mass killings of civilians. In terms of cost, killings and territory taken, the Mexicans beat the Muslims.

Blogger J A Baker May 27, 2017 4:22 AM  

Hungary has not forgotten how after WW2 the UN allowed Russia to establish a communist dictatorships there resulting in millions of deaths through forced starvation. They know evil realities of the UN first hand.

Blogger S. Thermite May 27, 2017 4:52 AM  

All these idiots talking about accepting more "moderate" Muslims as if that isn't a harbinger of conquest are being willfully blind. People, immigrants included, want to their neighbors and culture to mostly mirror to their own. The secular Left hates it when Christians proselytize, to the point that they work themselves into a frenzy fighting against an imaginary theocracy, and try to put their thumbs in the eyes of Christians every chance they get with same-sex marriage, transgender acceptance, etc. But tell them about surveys of Muslims immigrants who openly admit wanting Sharia law, sympathize with honor killings, stoning adulteresses, and suicide bombers...and watch them stick their fingers in their ears as they claim there's no threat. I'm watching the FGM "religious freedom" debate with interest because it could either signify a turning point (not holding my breath) or the continued death of America. If FGM isn't banned then Feminism should cease being any sort of meaningful movement. Crying about an imaginary wage gap and a war on birth control will make Feminists look incredibly irrelevant if they can't even (or won') stop innocent young girls from being mutilated.

Anonymous DirkH May 27, 2017 5:04 AM  

"60 years ago the Germans were imperialist. Now the Islamic world is imperialist."

What's it called, the Youth Bulge. Industrialisation under Bismarck in the absence of modern spermicide lead to a burgeoning population, cities grew rings of factories and worker quarters around them. Agricultural production quickly hit the limits and expansionist war became a luring prospect for the Prussian military caste to get rid of excess young men while at the same time possibly gaining some useful territory.

Anonymous DirkH May 27, 2017 5:15 AM  

@76. "But tell them about surveys of Muslims immigrants who openly admit wanting Sharia law, sympathize with honor killings, stoning adulteresses, and suicide bombers...and watch them stick their fingers in their ears as they claim there's no threat. "

I regularly try to deprogram certain demoralized young colleagues. When I bring this up, I get an INSTANT PROGRAMMED RESPONSE; a Tu Quoque: "But some Christians do this as well...".

Don't waste time explaining to them that a Tu Quoque is not a defense but a confirmation. Too complicated.
Don't waste time asking them for examples like, when did those Christians castrate and gouge out eyes of Muslim concert goers in an Islamic capital.

Ride roughshod over their conditioned response that has been implanted by the MSM liars and continue your own message.

The MSM liars work with repeating the same nonsensical messages again and again.

Strike back twice as hard. Don't even care for wimpering opposing rethoric, don't even point out to them that they're defending the child rapists, just pump them as full of information as you can without turning them off. Don't lose TIME! Their rethorical attempts at resisting your message are SPEEDBUMPS, not ARGUMENTS.

Anonymous J. J. May 27, 2017 7:36 AM  

I've talked to missionaries who have recently lived in Africa amongst the same kind of peaceful pre-Afghanistan muslims. My take... they didn't have smart phones, or any phones. Give a nice peaceful backwater Muslim even the smallest contact with modernity and you've got sudden jihad syndrome on your hands. Some of them are just still so backward that they haven't yet realized there is more to life than their goats.

Anonymous glosoli May 27, 2017 8:36 AM  

After investigating the Manchester incident, it's as clear as day to me that it was a fake incident.
There are many reasons why I came to that conclusion, notably people were apparently killed, but lighting and the building itself were untouched (a very smart bomb indeed), two of the *dead* have been ID'd as fake (one alive, one died 4 years ago), and there is the usual use of crisis actors, who are typically really bad at the job.

Instead, consider the rhyme with history, when the great depression lead to the (deliberate) stoking of nationalism all over the world, and eventually to (a highly stimulative) world war. Then, the bogeyman was Hitler's Germany, now it's ISIS.

There's no way the importation of Muslims has been a random accident, nor the destabilisation of the Middle East to create conditions for ISIS to thrive.

And now, just as the 100 year debt bubble is about to burst, meaning something much much worse than the great depression, we have attacks all over Europe, creating fear, a quasi-police state, and the desire for 'something to be done'.

PM May is promising to clamp down on any websites or news that don't tick their boxes for being 'truthful', or are 'extremist'. (She looked really uncomfortable talking about the attacks, a sign of a Christian under duress from the devil, she should speak out, not sell out). The days of free speech in the UK vanished long ago, the free internet is about to vanish too. I use Infogalactic now, and recommend it to friends, but I bet it will be on their banned list.

Soon, we'll have running pitched street battles, white guys against Muslims, and it will all be part of their (the deep state controllers) plan. Then we'll have war in the Middle East, versus Turkey probably.

It's all so predictable and pathetic.

Blogger Johnny May 27, 2017 9:35 AM  


The current invasion of Europe by Islam does not fit the traditional model of imperialism. Typically the imperial power goes about conquering territory, and this is often done with some justification that goes beyond the pure use of force. The Romans only wanted peace, and as their neighbors were warlike they had to be taken over. The result was Roman Rule, Pax Romana, Roman peace along with Roman rule and Roman taxation. In the post WWII period our control was spread under the justification of promoting democracy or stopping communism, and both came with a degree of control by the United States.

Islam puts the doctrine ahead of the control. In the current period it is not an imperial power making war on neighbors, rather a doctrine covertly spreading power by spreading the doctrine, which in turn is a means for arriving at Islamic imperialism. At least by some this is explicitly understood because there is support for it on a doctrine level. It is another form of Jihad, which is the spreading of Islam by any means possible. It can be likened to the incursion of Europeans during the age of exploration. The spread of a population leads to control regardless of the original motive.

So call it imperialism if you like. It is a covert form of it.

Blogger Johnny May 27, 2017 9:37 AM  

>>US government-backed groups of "freedom fighters," or proxy armies, are very similar to these terrorist groups, and often will perform what the WWE would call a "face-heel turn" (or vice versa), as dictated by the needs of the narrative.

A side thought on this is that in our era the covert use of force is not viewed as a kind of war by the implementer. When a foreign nation supports a terrorist group, or we do covert violent stuff, it should really be seen as an act of war by the supporting nation.

Blogger Drippy Drops May 27, 2017 9:43 AM  

Gerry Adams didn't have kompromat of Thatcher with farm animals, that's why Muslims are treated different.

Anonymous BBGKB May 27, 2017 10:23 AM  

Look Gen Blackjack Pershing killing 49/50 moslems & burying them with pig parts stopped jihad against the west until moslem nations heard liberal men pee sitting down. It doesn't help that jewTV only shows pussy white men except for the Ninja Warrior show

It just hit me what this new Churchian style of moderate Islam they think they can nurture will be called: Judeo-Muslim.

Judo-moohamad
Muslims in Africa back ...Almost universally, the Muslims we knew then were not radicalized, were perfectly happy to coexist in peace with their neighbors

OMG who knew the magic dirt that made blacks behave was somewhere in Africa. Unless his message is black moslems are not more criminal than black non moslems.

"...I went to Amsterdam, which is markedly less gay than it used to be"

London is the same,

Blogger Tim Gilley May 27, 2017 11:31 AM  

David Wood states on his youtube video that all Muslims benefit from terrorism. The Islamic terrorist gets the death and destruction he desires. The so-called moderate Muslim claims the moral high ground to deflect 'Islamophobia'. So by both the whole of Islam advances.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club May 27, 2017 1:56 PM  

OMG who knew the magic dirt that made blacks behave was somewhere in Africa.

Well, in the good old days, the denizens of Africa didn't need Islam to engage in wholesale war, rape and genocide, they had Marxism for that. Or they did it just for fun.

what may happen if Islam cannot rid itself of it's extremism

In their earliest days, the Muslim converts either drove out or subjugated non-believers and sustained themselves by raiding merchant caravans. The "extremism" is at the very root of the religions appeal, so how can it be "rid" of its core?

The most dangerous man to Islam living today is not Donald Trump. It's Elon Musk.

Bollix. Telsa is a gov-funded Spruce Goose that will never manage to replace the current ICVs. Even if the silly notion that people carriers are to be replaced with electrics any time soon (or that people carriers are even that important), the rest of the JIT global economy is entirely dependent on fossil fuels. Or is someone ready to start selling the battery-operated triple-trailer semi or the sail-powered 10,000 TEU container ship? How about the wind-powered aluminum smelter or the pedal-powered bucket-wheel excavator?

Blogger Mr Darcy May 27, 2017 2:23 PM  

@7:

Slovakia is the only country in all of Europe without a single mosque. I can't say whether that makes them "as Christian" as, or more Christian than anybody else.


Blogger Bellguard May 27, 2017 3:10 PM  

You will never be rid of Islamic extremists until the religion itself is gone and forgotten.

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 27, 2017 3:36 PM  

You can tell when someone isn't paying attention.
Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club wrote:How about the wind-powered aluminum smelter or the pedal-powered bucket-wheel excavator?
Those things don't run on oil today.  Why do you even bring them up?

:Or is someone ready to start selling the battery-operated triple-trailer semi or the sail-powered 10,000 TEU container ship?
I'm sure you could put a triple trailer behind this electric truck's daddy.  The container ship is even easier; big, low-speed diesels have already been run on powdered coal, and advanced sail power may be coming back.

Even if the silly notion that people carriers are to be replaced with electrics any time soon (or that people carriers are even that important)...
Aviation is really the only thing that requires liquid hydrocarbons, and liquid methane is arguably a better jet fuel than kerosene.  The single biggest product IS motor gasoline, with distillate (which includes diesel) the second by a mile and jet fuel a distant fourth.

You can knock off 2/3 of gasoline use with electricity and batteries, even with engine backup.  Electric highways would probably do the same for diesel consumption.  Once you've knocked off 6128 out of 9327 kbbl/d of gasoline and 1928 out of 2892 kbbl/d of diesel, you're down more than 8 million bbl/d in total consumption... and you've still got 1.6 million bbl/d of jet fuel waiting for substitutes.  That's more than our net imports.  We could crush OPEC and turn Saudi Arabia into camel country again fairly easily.

Anonymous Clay May 27, 2017 5:28 PM  

For your purviewing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankin_County_Confederate_Monument

I've lived here all my life. After the raping of the monuments in New Orleans, I'm glad to see Alabama showing some balls.

I only hope Mississippi will do the same.

We have the Vicksburg Military Park. Plenty of Federal Monuments, some very nice ones.

Nice cemetery, too.

Oh...wait a second....the only graves are from Federals...I guess all them Rebels swam the Mississippi River.

I say we should burn the park down.

Anonymous BBGKB May 27, 2017 5:53 PM  

The most dangerous man to Islam living today is not Donald Trump. It's Elon Musk.

Musk is a bigger welfare queen than Latrina.

Electric highways would probably do the same for diesel consumption.

New Orleans couldn't even keep blacks from stealing drain covers for scrap metal with the threat of being under sea level, & I really hope you are not talking about Solar roads that cars driving on them would lower the power of, & accidents would destroy.

Blogger Miss Carnivorous May 27, 2017 6:00 PM  

@DonReynalds
True dat! Also, leftists who are against the "Death Penalty" often complain about "Innocent people" who might be executed​. Yet, they are totally unconcerned about "Innocent people" who might be executed by Muslims, recent immigrants or homegrown. They also are very concerned about people killed by "Gun violence", but not so concerned about people killed in motorcycle accidents. Go figure. The left is programmed to go off at preselected triggers. And so it goes.

Anonymous Luke May 27, 2017 7:03 PM  

Minor math quibble:

"60 years ago the Germans were imperialist"

2017-1945 = 72

Blogger Durandel Almiras May 27, 2017 7:28 PM  

If there was a single, seminal event that changed everything, it was the war against Soviet invasion in Afghanistan. So-called 'mujahideen' flocked there from every corner of the world to resist the invaders - and the survivors took back home with them the newly radicalized Islam they had learned there.

I hope Peter is saying it was this event that kicked off the recent growth of Wahabism and is not an ignorant statement about Islam, because Islam was happy to kill Christians in large numbers before Russia invaded Afganistan.

Granted, if you blame Afganistan, you get to blame Westerners for Islam's crimes be it "muh Russia" or CIA and can ignore all of the atrocities before then.

As to friendly Muslims of the past, they were friendly because they were not ascendant and not in power. Once the winds changed, they did too, indicating their niceness was not intrinsic nor principled.

Anonymous patrick kelly May 27, 2017 7:32 PM  

Sperg gonna sperg

Anonymous James Parliament May 27, 2017 8:29 PM  

+1

Anonymous Young Ned of the Hill May 27, 2017 8:45 PM  

BLM and Antifa apparently have something brewing in Houston over the Sam Houston Memorial. My friends who still belive in logic will have pointed out that he was opposed to the Confederacy, but we here know it was never about that. I'm hearing rumors of a sizeable counter-protest being organized, and shall keep an ear to the ground in that regard.

Anonymous Young Ned of the Hill May 27, 2017 8:48 PM  

@Clay*

My phone does not lend itself well to this.

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 27, 2017 8:57 PM  

BBGKB wrote:I really hope you are not talking about Solar roads
You'd know if you'd, like, clicked through on the link provided.  That's what it's for.

Blogger Dirk Manly May 27, 2017 9:41 PM  

@90 Mr. Rational

"I'm sure you could put a triple trailer behind this electric truck's daddy. "

That electric truck's daddy is diesel-powered.

Note the electrodes coming out of the top of that truck. Do you HONESTLY propose that we festoon every city and interstate highway in the U.S. with electric cables for this cargo-tram arrangement?

The price of copper is already through the roof, such that a mere penny from the 1970's or earlier already has more than its value in copper (which is why the modern penny is made of zinc, with a very thin copper electroplate). If stacked up -- how many pennies to the mile? Well, let's see... its about 15 pennies to the inch... x 63360 inches/mile = approx copper 950400 pennies per mile of cable.. x2 because the system requires 2 such cables... so you're talking $20,000/mile in the RAW MATERIAL for the cable -- not even counting the manufacturing cost...And that's for the FIRST mile of electrification. Each further mile will cost more and more in material costs, as the price of copper gets bid up by such a boondoggle.

Ever notice how in the U.S., even rail isn't electrified, other than underground (i.e. enclosed) subway lines. Because it's damned expensive. The ONLY way Europe and Japan are able to afford electrified inter-city rail is due to the extremely high population densities AND the fact that the number of rider/miles/day vs. the population is huge compared to the U.S.

Transportation solutions that work for densely populated regions are not always economically feasible for those with lower population density, and any requiring infrastructure beyond the basic roadbed almost always completely out of the question for the rest of the world.

Before you bring up the vast electric-rail network in Russia... remember, that was built by the Soviet Union.... which literally went bankrupt by running on such SJW-style "ideology over economic reality" thinking. After all, the Russian Politburo literally invented the terms "Politically Correct" and "Political Correctness," first appearing in publication in 1925.

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 27, 2017 11:36 PM  

Dirk Manly wrote:That electric truck's daddy is diesel-powered.
Nope.  That's the version that looks almost the same on the outside, but is only a distant cousin internally.

Note the electrodes coming out of the top of that truck. Do you HONESTLY propose that we festoon every city and interstate highway in the U.S. with electric cables for this cargo-tram arrangement?
No, actually.  The tram wires make a good demo but we really need to take the concept more in this direction, with heavy trucks running most of their mileage on steel rails.  It is much cheaper to maintain steel rails on ties in ballast than to rebuild asphalt or concrete roads every few years, and flush switched third rails are already proven for power supply.

Electric motors are much more powerful than diesels per unit weight, so the electric tractor will be able to accelerate, climb and descend faster than a diesel.

The price of copper is already through the roof
The standard these days is aluminum conductors with steel reinforcement.

Before you bring up the vast electric-rail network in Russia... remember, that was built by the Soviet Union.... which literally went bankrupt by running on such SJW-style "ideology over economic reality" thinking.
If you don't have ridiculously high discount rates, it makes a great deal of sense to build long-lived infrastructure that is easily maintained.  Heavy machinery's always a big help, but railways can be maintained by men with prybars, shovels and hammers.  Electric stuff is 19th century technology.

Consider what it costs per mile, compared to what it saves in fuel and what it eliminates in noise and air emissions.  It probably eliminates a lot of labor too, because rails provide guidance and makes the self-driving truck that much easier.  If you have enough traffic on a route, or there are costs from side effects, it makes sense to go electric.

If you need to go off the electric network, a highly supercharged engine burning methanol can match the output power of a much bigger, heavier diesel.  Methanol is easily made from natural gas.  You can even burn anhydrous ammonia.  Seriously, we've got this.

Anonymous DonReynolds May 27, 2017 11:55 PM  

@93 Miss Carnivorous
I came up with a suitable compromise on the "Death Penalty", and all forms of long-term incarceration. The Leftists are opposed to the "Death Penalty", in part because it cannot be reversed in those occasions when the condemned are later found to be innocent of the crime. That is a reasonable complaint. We know the jury system and pre-trial publicity and elected prosecutors can make mistakes.

The ancient Greeks believed that the worst possible punishment was exile....to be forced to leave the beauty of Greece and be forced to live among barbarians with their strange tongues, weird food, and depraved ways. I feel the same way about the USA. To be exiled from the USA would be one of the worst things that could happen to me too.

So I advocate exile as a substitute for the "Death Penalty" and anyone sentenced to 10 years or more in prison. We get almost nothing from prisons and no one even bothers to suggest that prisons have a rehabilitative effect on the condemned. If they refuse to play by the rules and there is no hope of rehabilitating anybody, then be rid of them. Exile them to live the rest of their life outside the USA. Where will they go? Who cares? Just be gone and never return. We will save billions in tax dollars. It will be difficult for them to victimize any more Americans and they face summary execution by the police or military if they ever try to re-enter the USA.

It may be that some people simply cannot function in civilization and they must live among the barbarians. They might get a new start on life and make something of themselves....or they might end up hanging from a tree in Zanzibar or at the bottom of the Amazon river. They have a chance to apply themselves and start a new life elsewhere or they can be fed to the lions....either way, it is no longer our concern.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab May 28, 2017 12:48 AM  

Congrats rational, you've discovered the electric railroad.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab May 28, 2017 12:52 AM  

DonReynolds,
How are we supposed to exile someone when we can't close our borders to foreign criminals?

Anonymous DonReynolds May 28, 2017 3:25 AM  

@104 Brick Hardslab
We certainly CAN control our borders, and we should.
In fact, nothing else matters.
Either we stop the invasion or there will be war.
Is there anyone who doubts it?

Blogger The Overgrown Hobbit May 28, 2017 4:05 AM  

Over 10 years ago, I wrote a letter to the editor of National Review magazine outlining my theory that the current horror show that comprised Islamic terrorism was a result of the modern Islamic world sending it's best and brightest to European Universities where they were steeped in Gramscian post-colonialist Marxism.

Islam is bad enough. But it didn't become the horror show that it is today and until it married communism.

You get not only be useful idiots who are co-religionists, but all the Westerners, as well.

God-dampened commies.

Anonymous Bz May 28, 2017 5:39 AM  

Ireland seems to be quietly circling the drain, by the way. Once the strongest catholic country in the West, yet now:

1. Gay marriage introduced, 2015

2. Ireland will take in 4000 refugees (after basically none), 2015

3. Ireland wants to end pre-clearance of US visitors because of muslim travel ban

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/politics/ireland-may-end-us-immigration-pre-clearance-over-refugee-ban

4. May elect openly homosexual prime minister (from India)

http://nypost.com/2017/05/28/ireland-might-elect-its-first-openly-gay-prime-minister/

There furthermore seems to be a curious lot of foreigners as government ministers. Katherine Zappone (USA), "Leo" Varadkar, (((Alan Shatter))), perhaps more. All of them pushing the globalist agenda.

Alan Shatter, nominally Irish and yet ...

"Under [Shatter's] guidance, major reforms were introduced into Irelands’ citizenship laws and a new Citizenship Ceremony was created. During his time as Minister, 69,000 foreign nationals became Irish citizens. Shatter also took steps to facilitate an increased number of political refugees being accepted into Ireland and created a special scheme to facilitate relations of Syrian families already resident in Ireland who were either caught up in the civil war in Syria, or in refugee camps elsewhere as a result of the civil war in Syria, to join their families in Ireland."

This what ye bled for, Irishmen?

Anonymous Bz May 28, 2017 5:51 AM  

PS. From the NY Post article above

Varadkar is known for his conservative leanings and bills himself as a visionary.

“What I am interested in are the philosophies of the future,” he said, according to The Sunday Times.

“That’s what drives me. What I see around the world are movements around people like [Emmanuel] Macron in France and [Justin] Trudeau in Canada.”


Conservative, sure. Confirmed globalist homo mafia is more like it. They will all meet in the futuristic Brussels EU men's bathroom and plot out their visions.

Anonymous Bz May 28, 2017 5:57 AM  

Varadkar's mother is named 'Miriam'. Let me just put a question mark by that and I'm done.

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 28, 2017 8:23 AM  

@103  All the advantages thereof, yes... but with the ability to deliver each individual carload direct to a different loading dock.  And you've gotten rid of any dependency on foreign energy supply in the bargain.

Anonymous DonReynolds May 28, 2017 3:31 PM  

Vox is correct.....

Those who beat their swords into plowshares, will plow for those who did not.

Anonymous ogunsiron May 29, 2017 10:23 AM  

@37 :
I also learned a lot about the story of Lebanon from that Breivik text. I think that the Lebanese christians made a big mistake when they answered "yes" to the French offer to rule not just Mt Lebanon, the christian area, but the other areas too where the muslims lived.

Blogger Gospace May 29, 2017 10:19 PM  

100. logger Dirk Manly May 27, 2017 Ever notice how in the U.S., even rail isn't electrified, other than underground (i.e. enclosed) subway lines.

Not strictly true. The northeast corridor mainline between Washington DC and Boston is electrified. The old Pennsylvania RR GG-1s could haul an enormous number of freight cars. But then, the NE corridor is the most heavily trafficked rail in the Unites States. Notwithstanding the fact that our tracks out here in CNY have a train pass by every 20 minutes 24 hours a day.

Subways are electrified with a third rail rather then overhead wires and pantographs. It's a much hardier system. Much less maintenance needed. Perfectly suited for subways OR elevated tracks with limited access. And puts the 3rd rail at ground level so critters and kids can easily zap themselves. Which is why catenary is used for main lines.

If (big IF) quick charging long lasting batteries can be made, most city bus lines could be electrified. Wouldn't need overhead wires like San Francisco's electric busses, which have no trouble handling the steep grades that diesel busses struggle on. Every few stops, have a charging pole, and stick the bus probes up in to the poles. Wouldn't get a full charge, but wouldn't be charging a fully discharged battery either.

Same thing with electric long distance trucks. Equip truck and rest stops with charging poles. Stick a charge card in the reader, and the trucker takes his nap or eats lunch. The traction motor technology is well developed. Suitable electric storage and distribution isn't.

And with the battery if (Big IF) the same could be done with most main RR lines. Run 2 or 3 miles of catenary every 100 miles or so, and swing the pantograph up when under the wires. Electrify all the switching yards, so the entire time spent in one the batteries are being refreshed.

So far, the best portable energy source we have is liquid fuels. An IC car or truck can go 500 miles on a single fill up (if provided with a large enough tank...), and refuel in 5 minutes or less, and be ready to go. I'm looking at getting a Prius Prime. Basically 8 hours to charge on a standard 120V 15@ circuit, that then has enough power to get me to work, but not back, on just the battery. If I had to rely on the battery only to go cross country, I could probably make better time getting on my bicycle.

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 30, 2017 1:07 AM  

Gospace, the problem with electrified railways in the USA isn't the technology, it's the property taxes levied by localities on the local infrastructure.  That's why the railroads pulled up most of the parallel tracks on their rights-of-way twenty years ago or so; they'd converted their routes to one-way loops, and it slashed their property taxes.

The power to tax is the power to destroy.  Exempt such infrastructure from taxation and watch it all grow like a weed.

Blogger Gospace May 30, 2017 1:21 PM  

I was slightly aware such taxes existed, but not aware of their full effect.

Does remind me of a discussion I had about property taxes. Apparently there are a few jurisdictions in the U.S. where land is taxed. Just the land, not what you build on it. If you own 60 acres and build a mansion on it and you next door neighbor owns 60 acres and lives in a tent, you pay the same property tax, because you're taxed on the land. You're not penalized for making improvements. No tax courts if you feel your home was overvalued at assessment time. No assessments. All land is valued the same. The people up here I explained it to said that would be grossly unfair. But couldn't explain why.

Blogger Will May 30, 2017 5:32 PM  

Mr Rational:
You have tiptoed around the subject of power generation for this electrical transport system. If you are thinking of using natural gas, how much of our output will it consume? Frankly, nuclear would appear to be the best source, except for the Eco-wacko's longstanding attack on the subject.

IIRC, aluminum is not suitable for overhead powerline use, due to it's material qualities. In addition, there are problems using it for electrical distribution just as wiring. Cheap, but trouble-prone. Not user friendly.

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 30, 2017 9:38 PM  

Will wrote:You have tiptoed around the subject of power generation for this electrical transport system. If you are thinking of using natural gas, how much of our output will it consume?
Supposedly we have no issues with shortages and can pump all we want for decades.

Supposedly.  Like the US's oil independence going away in 1949 and not coming back, this will be true until it isn't.  At that point scarcity rents will make the owners of what's left another shit-ton of money and the public will suffer in misery.

Frankly, nuclear would appear to be the best source, except for the Eco-wacko's longstanding attack on the subject.
Got it in one.  We could have all our major cities lit, heated and powered by fission using 1960's technology, except for pols putting every new development under government monopoly and then killing it (with "environmental" groups doing the PR for the last 30+ years).  This is again at the behest of the energy monopolists.

The monopolists hate nuclear because of all the money it takes off the table.  Natural gas at the last Henry Hub spot price of $3.24/mmBTU (HHV), burned in a 38%-efficient (LHV) peaking turbine, uses about 3.2¢ of gas per kWh (plus shipping and other markups).  At $22.00/lb U3O8, 3.5% enrichment with 0.2% U-235 tails assay, 35000 MW-days per metric ton burnup and 33% thermal efficiency, the actual uranium in the fuel costs a trivial 0.13¢/kWh.  There is literally 1/25 of the money in trade for them to get their hands on with nuclear, even at today's depressed gas prices.

(calculating this was a whole lot more fun than the thermo I'm trying to wrap my head around.)

IIRC, aluminum is not suitable for overhead powerline use, due to it's material qualities.
Quite the opposite, almost all transmission and distribution wiring has been some flavor of aluminum for quite a while (since the end of the 19th century).  I would recommend having a look at this to get up to speed on the subject.

In addition, there are problems using it for electrical distribution just as wiring.
There are issues with thermal cycling and oxidation, but people are still pushing it because it's cheap.  I wire with copper because I don't have time to learn how to do aluminum right.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts