ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

We, the Dread, Academic Edition

Ultimately, Gamergate demonstrated the refinement of a variety of techniques of gamified public harassment—including doxing (publishing personal information online), revenge porn (spreading intimate photos beyond their intended recipi-ents), social shaming, and intimidation. It also provides insight into gender as a key rallying point for a range of online subcultures. Moreover, it set the conditions for the rise of the alt-right. Several of the most active promoters of Gamergate are now core alt-right figures, including Milo Yiannopolous, Vox Day (Theodore Beale), Matt Forney (of Men’s Rights blog Return of Kings), and Andrew “weev” Auern-heimer. Gamergate’s success at mobilizing gamers to push an ideological agenda indicates the fruitfulness of radicalizing interest-based communities.
Media Manipulation and Disinformation Online (PDF)

I think the Far Cry 5 version is probably more accurate and relevant.

Labels: , ,

68 Comments:

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable May 27, 2017 4:34 AM  

Better beards.

Anonymous Hesiod May 27, 2017 4:41 AM  

I like the Alt-Right, baby, she says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpA3NVafsdo

Blogger Wolfman at Large May 27, 2017 4:45 AM  

Kek Vult!

Anonymous MawBTS May 27, 2017 5:07 AM  

Man, academia sure sucks these days. Rewrite a bunch of Wikipedia/We Hunted the Mammoth articles and YOU TOO can be a public educator!

Blogger psychegram May 27, 2017 5:27 AM  

I love how they keep insisting the Milo is Alt-Right. Including Forney as an Alt-Right luminary is also just weird.

Blogger VD May 27, 2017 5:44 AM  

I also find it amusing how they devote 106 pages to the Alt-Right, identify me as a "core alt-right figure", include copious notes, and still somehow manage to avoid even mentioning the 16 Points of the Alt-Right.

The way the opponents of the Alt-Right studiously go about avoiding them is a strong indication of how effective and appealing they are.

Blogger Duke Norfolk May 27, 2017 6:40 AM  

I have been disappointed at the lack of reference to the 16 points in the alt-right sphere (even aside from the alt-white sector); blogs, podcasts, etc.

I think there must be some bitchiness going on, as I can't understand why people wouldn't want to discuss them and get them out there to help lead the way.

But hey, maybe I just haven't seen it and it's really going on out there.

Anonymous Achates May 27, 2017 6:51 AM  

If you want some Lulz, check out the bullet-point summary of the alt-right on page 12. Take this one, "a belief in permanent warfare and a corresponding cult of action for action’s
sake." What rigorous reasoning, alt-right equals fascism, fascism supports constant war, therefore alt-right supports constant war. I wonder how they square the circle on this one, when most alt-right people are against almost all foreign wars.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy May 27, 2017 7:16 AM  

Achates wrote:I wonder how they square the circle on this one, when most alt-right people are against almost all foreign wars.
SJWs always project.

Blogger SouthRon May 27, 2017 7:29 AM  

That report is racisss. Every evil thing is black. Covering and obscuring all the good whiteness.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 27, 2017 7:29 AM  

If more than two leftards actually read a 106 page word salad waste of bandwidth I'm the pope.

Anonymous Rocklea May 27, 2017 7:59 AM  

I thought it was actually quite funny, maybe it's satire?
The gist of it seems to be:
bad wrongthink getting popular,
It shouldn't be getting popular because wrong,
everything we do seems to make it more popular,
but we know it's wrongthink so it can't really be popular,
further study required.

One of their examples was great:
"In September, Hillary Clinton abruptly left a 9/11 memorial event, and her campaign provided the vague explanation that she was overheated. Many social
media users did not trust this official statement and instead speculated on other
explanations. When Clinton’s doctor later disclosed that she was recovering
from pneumonia, many felt this justified their distrust, and conspiracy theorists
felt it was proof of a larger cover-up about her health."

Not one mention of the Faceplant. They can't even tell the truth to their own side or themselves.

Blogger Dirtnapninja May 27, 2017 8:58 AM  

The Enemy does not understand us. And increasingly does not understand themselves.

But we understand them. And I think we are finally starting to understand ourselves.

Blogger JACIII May 27, 2017 9:03 AM  

LurkingPuppy wrote:Achates wrote:I wonder how they square the circle on this one, when most alt-right people are against almost all foreign wars.

SJWs always project.


Bingo. Because everytime they turn around we are using them for a a chewtoy.

Anonymous Bz May 27, 2017 9:19 AM  

How convenient that all these official-sounding academic and media reports manage to subtly omit some key events, emphasize others, call out others as fake, assign suitable motivations and labels to smooth the presentation, and generally spin it as they desire, with the imprimatur of only the best in society.

These different actors don't even have to run the same story, just blur it until nobody can quite remember what actually happened. I'm sure they wait for a reasonable period, say six months to a year, so that readers won't immediately call it out. If this isn't sufficient, they can always revisit it some years later with various historians so the story can be just right. ("Now with details from interviews with the key actors and documents recovered in the meantime, giving a whole new interpretation!")

Take whatever pleasure you can derive from actually experiencing recent history being edited, rewritten and faked in realtime.

Blogger JACIII May 27, 2017 9:20 AM  

Oh, and because they are fat liars too lazy to do any actual research.

Anonymous Pseudotsuga May 27, 2017 9:27 AM  

Did the authors not include the actual reason for "Gamergate?" No mention of Quinn's trading sex for good reviews?

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 9:37 AM  

@6 VD

They're in the "ignore it exists" phase. We'll reach the "it makes you Hitler" phase soon enough.

"The far-right exploits young men’s rebellion and dislike of “political correctness” to spread white supremacist thought, Islamophobia, and misogyny through irony and knowledge of internet culture. "

I'm always amazed, even when they make something as dry as possible, that they could type that with a straight face. Though it's from two female academics, which means the ability to understand Cause & Effect will be quite limited.

"Media manipulation may contribute to decreased trust of mainstream media, increased misinformation, and further radicalization."

Speaking of a very limited understanding of Cause & Effect... sweeties, we're doing this *because* of the manipulation. If the Media were honest, we wouldn't be at war with them.


"hat a vast ring of pedophiles was operating out of a Chevy Chase, Maryland pizza parlor" <-- they keep repeating this about #pizzagate, but I watched the entire situation develop. Comet Ping Pong was never a big feature, but the owners on that block were a huge part. Would explain the disinformation campaign. No wonder the owner of the place was going nuts. He was the clear fall-guy if the ring got found out.

"that Clinton had a secret desire to assassinate Julian Assange" - in other cable intercepts, I believe, she specific asked if they could Drone him. There's little about "secret desire" here.

"There is still a great deal of ambiguity around the outcome of the election and why the majority of experts and predictions did not foresee Trump’s win." - Because they were paid to not look closely, and, if they did, they'd be ruthlessly attacked. It was a Republican Cycle and Hillary was the worst politician to sniff the Presidency in a century. I'm only sorry I can't prove I called Trump the "odds on favorite to win" back in Fall 2015. There's a reason the Historic Modeling put Trump's win as extremely likely.

" Taking advantage of the opportunity the internet presents for collaboration, communication, and peer production, these groups target vulnerabilities in the news media ecosystem to increase the visibility of and audience for their mes-sages." 3 pages in and the only accurate statement.

They still haven't gotten over how badly they got beat up by GamerGate, nor are they willing to accept that what was a non-issue to everyone but about 25 people we blown up into an entire Customer Base Revolt by the idiots.

Blogger Drippy Drops May 27, 2017 9:38 AM  

Were 'Alice' and 'Rebecca' born women? My TERF girlfriend needs to know before reading.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy May 27, 2017 9:38 AM  

Pseudotsuga wrote:Did the authors not include the actual reason for "Gamergate?" No mention of Quinn's trading sex for good reviews?
See page 8 (PDF page 10). They say that that claim was ‘questionable’, not that it was false.

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 9:39 AM  

@17 Pseudotsuga

"Gamergate’s origins are complicated. Briefly, software developer Zoe Quinn became the target of an organized brigade after her ex-boyfriend published a 10,000-word screed about her on his blog. He claimed that Quinn lied to him, cheated on him, and, most damagingly, slept with a video game reviewer to get favorable coverage for her game Depression Quest. While these claims were questionable, they led to significant harassment of Quinn under the pretext of reforming “ethics in video game journalism.”"

That's the best they're willing to go. The End-Notes point to some of the massively one-sided pieces about it.

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 9:44 AM  

"variety of techniques of gamified public harassment" - they seem stuck on the concept of all of it being made like a Game. It would appear they lack any understanding of the phase "because it's fun".

Clearly, they're adherents to the No-fun-menism.

Blogger Troy Lee Messer May 27, 2017 9:49 AM  

They will never want to talk about our ideas. The left is too stupid toninderstand them and the fucks are f..ing cowards. Take open borders libertarians. Diversity + proximity = war is kryptonite to their philosophy. Because the are intellectual cowards, they do not want to admit that they've been led astray.

Blogger Troy Lee Messer May 27, 2017 9:50 AM  

Ummm that was meant to say cucks. My apologies. Android keyboard is satan

Anonymous Godfrey May 27, 2017 9:51 AM  

Thus the establishment speaks spewing hypocritical banalities devoid of an ounce of self-reflection or intellectual depth.

Now that such oppressive people have destroyed basic culture and sucked most enjoyment out of individual life, isn't relentlessly f&^%#$* with such people one of the true pleasure of life left?

I think it is.



P.S. His name was Seth Rich.

P.P.S. Israel has a wall.

Blogger Cail Corishev May 27, 2017 9:57 AM  

"that a vast ring of pedophiles was operating out of a Chevy Chase, Maryland pizza parlor" <-- they keep repeating this about #pizzagate, but I watched the entire situation develop. Comet Ping Pong was never a big feature, but the owners on that block were a huge part.

Same here. Comet kicked it off because someone emailed Podesta to say he left a handkerchief there with a "pizza-related map" on it, and there was obvious pedophile symbolism used there and at some nearby businesses. The assumption wasn't that there were kids in cages in the back/basement and auctions for them being held there; it was that it was a meeting place for pedos, where they could associate and plan their activities while ogling some innocent kids. Presumably those activities took place somewhere more private, the same way mobsters don't do hits in the front businesses they use for laundering money.

But they certainly don't want to talk about the wider issue of pedophile rings involving powerful people, and they certainly don't want more people to start connecting the dots between Epstein and Clinton and Hastert and Podesta and.... So they're sticking to their strawman of "Comet doesn't even have a basement" and whacking at it every chance they get.

Anonymous Godfrey May 27, 2017 9:58 AM  

"Carter National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski Dead"

Some good news today.

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 10:03 AM  

They found the Overton Window! (Page 11) Though they've only managed to get Alt-Right = White Nationalism in their own window. As I type this into the comments of a blog owned by a Red Nationalist.

"On the other, it denotes a loosely affiliated aggregation of blogs, forums, podcasts, and Twitter personalities united by a hatred of liber-alism, feminism, and multiculturalism." Second truthful statement they've made.

If someone does feel the need to read this, realize they hide how stupid they are behind an aloof point of view taken to the work.


"The blogger Mencius Moldbug, originator of the “Dark Enlightenment” movement, is a software developer and former libertarian who believed that liberal democracy was, essentially, incompatible with freedom and the free market, instead advocating for a return to monarchic feudalism. (His popular, now defunct, blog, primarily consists of very long posts about political theory.)" Kinda, sorta of got Yavin, but I swear I've seen that exact line before.

Page 18 has a pretty solid list of the problems facing Western Society. They list them all as "fear of", but they are all quantifiable *problems* that will send the cultures into War.

Blogger Samuel Nock May 27, 2017 10:08 AM  

"This is a tragedy of monumental proportions."

Boo hoo hoo. Isn't it sad we can't distinguish the good ones from the bad ones?

Unlike every other war in history, where soldiers on one side handed the other side a list of twenty questions to make sure that politically, ideologically, factionally and temperamentally, the person really really really was the enemy one needed to kill before unloading on him.

Blogger Lew Rand May 27, 2017 10:09 AM  

Well other than revenge porn (which I didn't see much of honestly) almost every technique was used much more by the side of 'light' than all those evil gamers.

The problem is the shaming, doxxing and intimidation didn't drive the gamers into submission. It just made them mad. And when your best weapons just annoy the enemy, it does drive you nuts.

All the alts needed in the end was a green frog and barely trying. I hate to think how fun it would be if people were truly intent on melting the snowflakes.

The whole paper seems to be a demonstration of the rules of SJW...

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 10:13 AM  

@26 Cail Corishev

The sort of saddest part is when the stuff first started getting going, the Shills were out in force promoting it. There was about 24 hours where there was this weird, clear shilling until someone realized "oh, ****, this stuff isn't a joke".

It's the reason the Seth Rich case is such a problem for them. Pedophile Rings among the elites needs a lot of proof, which is the reason why planting the possibility was a really bad choice (and thus caused them to false flag Comet Ping Pong). But killing a leaker? That's a slam-dunk case in the public view, and ain't no one going to believe any denials. House of Cards had an entire story line about this. Oops!

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey May 27, 2017 10:28 AM  

@Rocklea

"Not one mention of the Faceplant."

Or, as it's often phrased, "Hillary collapsing into her own footprint at near-freefall speed."

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 10:34 AM  

Page 21 has a mention of "alt-light". So, clearly, they've seen Vox's construction.

Page 22:

"By naming the alt-right as a significant opponent, Clinton inadvertently cemented their importance. Likewise, when she used the term “basket of deplorables” to refer to Trump supporters who were “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic—you name it,” these supporters proudly embraced the expression."

Well, they noted the massive Own Goal.


"Gab.ai is a far-right oriented, invite-only Twitter clone that states in its Community Guidelines, “Gab’s mission is to put people and free speech first. We believe that the only valid form of censorship is an individual’s own choice to opt-out.”"

I think Andrew should get some good trolling of these people going. :)

Anonymous Bz May 27, 2017 10:40 AM  

Hillary collapsed like, well, a puppet with its strings cut.

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 10:59 AM  

There's a long chain of claiming things without actually looking at them. Mostly because any actual analysis would show our critique is, in fact, highly accurate of the problems facing society.

It's also very clear that these writers can only conceive of Neo-Nazis. Everything else is actually outside their ability to understand. It's part of why they keep going back to it.

Ah, Page 35. They finally admit the Chans are smarter than they are. Well, in passing.

Page 39 they can't quite come to accept that all they've done is circumvent what the Media normally does.

Page 53. They can't admit a video of Hillary collapsing exists and did more to move the polling needle than any other event.

There's a lot of benefits when your enemies are only semi-competent. A lot.

Blogger Dirtnapninja May 27, 2017 11:26 AM  

Looking Glass wrote:There's a lot of benefits when your enemies are only semi-competent. A lot.

The enemy is competent. But they are trapped by their narrative. They cannot admit to certain truths, because to do so would contradict the narrative. And like any revealed truth, the narrative must be accepted in full, or not at all.

Blogger Heian-kyo Dreams May 27, 2017 11:31 AM  

Brave, so brave just-as-valid-as-repeatable-math-centric research from two just-as-important-as-stem women academics?

So brave. People might make fun of them on the internet.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2017 12:14 PM  

Achates wrote:"a belief in permanent warfare and a corresponding cult of action for action’s sake."

sake."

Pure projection. Let's rephrase it:
"a belief in permanent revolution and a corresponding cult of radicalism for radicalism’s sake."

Remind you of anyone you know?

Blogger wreckage May 27, 2017 12:15 PM  

@33 If they close their eyes and disbelieve hard enough, the alt-right stops existing. Just like herpes!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2017 12:26 PM  

Lew Rand wrote:Well other than revenge porn (which I didn't see much of honestly) almost every technique was used much more by the side of 'light' than all those evil gamers.
Because it didn't happen. "revenge porn" is when your boyfriend posts your nudes online to get back at you for breaking up. Very reprehensible, but people are awful.

What they're calling revenge porn is channers finding your porn shoots and pointing them out to people, as happened to a couple of anti-gater whores.

By carefully redefining the term, they're trying to make you, their opponent, a monster.

Blogger papabear May 27, 2017 12:41 PM  

Instead of letting them paint themselves as "progressive" or "enlightened" or whatever, how do we rhetorically reframe it so that we are no longer seen as "radicals"? They are ______? Degenerates?

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents May 27, 2017 12:51 PM  

@40
Exactly, Moldilocks hairy vag poses are out there on commercial porn sites, all /pol did was find them. That's not revenge porn. That's just a female SJW making money off of being porny. It's Saturday, is that the day of the week feminists hate porn or love it in their sex-positive way?

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky May 27, 2017 1:38 PM  

After a quick perusal of the academic paper, a couple things really stand out. One, it seems kinda fair-minded. Could be wrong about that, this is merely a first impression. But that was a big a takeaway.

But two, and this is the biggie, it's readable!. I haven't seen a readable academic paper coming out of the humanities in years. This is not written in that horrible academia-speak fevered unintelligible madness.

It is as if "normies" have somehow broken into the asylum.

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 2:09 PM  

@43 a deplorable rubberducky

It's better written than most, which is what it comes across different. It's actually written to be quoted in the WaPo & NYT. I was thinking about it while doing other work that aside from 1 or 2 lines, nearly all of the references & names used are people the MSM has profiled. It's the reason Spencer, Milo, Anglin and Cernovich were mentioned so much.

It is more aloof and attempting to take a bird's eye view of the topic, at least as far as Progressive academics are mentally & emotionally capable or doing. It's the reason there's a real lack of "whoppers" that are so blindly stupid as to be amazingly mockable. It's why I said it was semi-competent.

It's not a hard narrative reinforcement paper and written for "general" consumption, thus all of the pictures.

Blogger Sheila4g May 27, 2017 2:24 PM  

@7 Duke Norfolk: "I have been disappointed at the lack of reference to the 16 points in the alt-right sphere (even aside from the alt-white sector); blogs, podcasts, etc."

Remember, there just hasn't been that much coordination among various branches of the Alt-Right, to the point where many didn't even know others existed. It was extremely atomized, and I think it's been due to readers and commenters that there's been more contact recently. But contact is not coordination.

There are also legitimate policy differences; as an example, my son makes the distinction that he is a "14er" but not an "88er" (meaning supports nationalism and a future for White children, but isn't into the Hitler worship and considers Nazism a specifically German ideology not applicable to wider White America).

Blogger JP May 27, 2017 2:27 PM  

That's practically straight out of the communist playbook, the belief in permanent revolution. It's the most concrete example of "SJWs always project" that I've ever seen!

Blogger Resident Moron™ May 27, 2017 2:39 PM  

A far cry from Far Cry?

Very salty, indeed.

Blogger kh123 May 27, 2017 2:53 PM  

"Not one mention of the Faceplant."

Or, as it's often phrased, "Hillary collapsing into her own footprint at near-freefall speed."


The van was carpeted.

"When Clinton’s doctor later disclosed that she was recovering
from pneumonia, many felt this justified their distrust, and conspiracy theorists felt it was proof of a larger cover-up about her health."


IIRC, it was touted by her campaign team and the MSM (but I repeat myself) as non-communicable after she'd been in physical contact with at least one kid during the ceremony, touching their face, the act caught on camera.

But again, this would be expecting accuracy from the crowd that can't even identify a bike lock to the head constituting attempted murder. I suppose nailguns, asphyxiation by falling weights, and failed muggings are just random faceless acts of natural selection. L'homme, ne culpabilise pas.

Blogger Bellguard May 27, 2017 2:58 PM  

Far Far Cry?

In the land of Far Far Away?

Blogger kh123 May 27, 2017 3:02 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Deplorable Winning May 27, 2017 3:42 PM  

Middling OT. A case of Spontaneous Breivik Syndrome in Portland, OR. https://archive.fo/dEnMf

two women who appeared to be of Middle Eastern-descent get on the train. At least one of them was wearing a headdress. The suspect was asking them questions when he got belligerent. When another bystander tried to calm him down, the man took out a knife and began stabbing people.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,” Evelin Hernandez said.


Sounds like he killed two white-knighting cucks.

Anonymous JAG May 27, 2017 3:56 PM  

Rocklea wrote:
Not one mention of the Faceplant. They can't even tell the truth to their own side or themselves.


https://imgur.com/woSGykm

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2017 4:36 PM  

@33-"Clinton inadvertently cemented their importance"

That was not inadvertent. The entire point in calling out the alt-right was to make it more important. Because they keep their side together via the Brown Scare, or KKKrazy Glue, as Steve Sailer calls it. That, plus she was concern-trolling Conservatism, Inc. into following new guidelines for policing right-deviationism.

It would be as if Republicans tried to paint the entire leftist opposition as like BLM. Which might be a good idea, because BLM is massively unpopular. The problem with giving all that press to the alt-right was that the mainstream left misjudged the Overton Window. They figured the alt-right was a non-starter, and therefore safe to publicity. Oops.

That's not inadvertence. It's just foolhardiness.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy May 27, 2017 4:41 PM  

From the article linked by @51:At a press conference, Portland Police Bureau spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson confirmed eyewitness reports that the man was verbally abusing two women, one in a hijab.
Simpson said that screed was part of a larger, unfocused rant and erratic behavior.

Hmm. Was he on drugs?

I find it difficult to believe that someone with Alt-Right leanings would willingly (a) complain about Muslims because they don't pay taxes, (b) start a fight using (only) a knife, and (c) only kill the white guys, and not knife the people he started out yelling at. A leftist doing that is only slightly more plausible, and only because leftists are crazy to start with. This story is odd.

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2017 4:42 PM  

@12-"When Clinton's doctor later disclosed that she was recovering from pneumonia, many felt this justified their distrust"

"Many" felt the fact that they were lying justified not trusting them in the first place? How utterly, disgustingly reasonable!

"and conspiracy theorists felt it was proof of a larger cover-up about her health"

Where would they get that idea? I mean, the Clinton campaign came clean about having lied on 9/11, and you can't lie twice in a row. Therefore, there was no conspiracy.

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2017 4:49 PM  

@38-Isn't Trotskyite "permanent revolution" still in the Marxist utopian framework? That is to say, at some point you hit worldwide communism, and then everything's happy and you can stop revolting. So not "permanent," after all.

The "action for action's sake" formula I'd put more in the nihilism pile. Which is also projection, of course. They want their readers to believe the alt-right doesn't really believe anything. That it "just wants to watch the world burn," and is staring into the abyss that stares back, or whatever.

Basically, the mental state of a leftist when someone takes their toys away from them for a five-minute timeout.

Anonymous Looking Glass May 27, 2017 4:56 PM  

@51 Deplorable Winning

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6dpp45/portland_stabbing_suspect_was_a_militant_diehard/

Violent Bernie supporter.


@54 LurkingPuppy

Meth more than likely. The knife was the weird part. He's probably "anti-gun", but randomly kills people with a knife.

Blogger Karl May 27, 2017 4:58 PM  

OT: Interesting read about Eric Weinstein's brother, professor at Evergreen State. Long story short he confronted a leftist mob to try to talk things out like a good liberal. If you watch the Facebook video linked from this Daily Mail writeup you'll see why that was doomed.

'There's a difference between debate and dialectic. Debate means you are trying to win, dialectic means you are using disagreement to discover what is true,' the professor told the students gathered outside his classroom.
'I am not interested in debate. I am only interested in dialectic, which does mean I listen to you, and you listen to me.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4546704/Professor-called-racist-asked-resign-students.html

Blogger Lance E May 27, 2017 6:01 PM  

The fact that they use the word "Islamophobia" on page 1 tells you just about everything you need to know about these "academics".

Yes, it's evil far-right internet trolls who are turning people against Islam, and certainly not the continuous stream of Islamic invasions and terrorism. All religions are equal!

Anonymous Mr. Rational May 27, 2017 9:37 PM  

LurkingPuppy wrote:I find it difficult to believe that someone with Alt-Right leanings would willingly (a) complain about Muslims because they don't pay taxes, (b) start a fight using (only) a knife, and (c) only kill the white guys, and not knife the people he started out yelling at. A leftist doing that is only slightly more plausible, and only because leftists are crazy to start with. This story is odd.
It looks like they were trying to make it the Dylann Roof narrative all over again, but if he's actually a Berniebot then that goes out the window.

https://imgur.com/a/QsVkC

My first theory was guy is an asset and was set off to divert attention from the Los Angeles taco truck stabbing and the murder of infant Reese Bowman, but this?  Might be an authentic lone wolf.

Or maybe the machine is trying to demonize Bernie supporters now.  What strange times.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 28, 2017 12:07 AM  

@34 Bz
Hillary collapsed like, well, a puppet with its strings cut.
---

I like to say she collapsed like a drunk into that gutter.

Anonymous Shut up rabbit May 28, 2017 3:40 AM  

TL;DR

"More and more people are ignoring societal norms, propagated by corrupt media which benefit a small, corrupt elite and they are choosing instead to live their lives based on their own observations and on cause and effect.

"This continues despite our name calling and the snarky condemnation of their bad-think."

Anonymous Shut up rabbit May 28, 2017 3:52 AM  

The leftist position seems to be, "provide no evidence to support or counter any claims but make sure you make the other guy sound stupid for doing or for believing something you disapprove of".

It's a total appeal to authority (the assumption that there is a right, good, government approved, expert sanctioned opinion on everything that must be adopted without questioning). However, as their "authorities" are slowly reveled as the corrupt, degenerate, greedy, murdering psychopaths that they are, you really have to worry about those still taking them as an authority.

Odd that leftists would deny god as an ultimate authority and yet kowtow to the most despicable members of their species in his place.

To invoke St. Stefan of Molyneux: restating your opponent's position in a snarky manner is not an argument.

Blogger Emmanuel Mateo-Morales May 28, 2017 4:39 AM  

@63

Big G, man, and no, that's not a nitpick.

Blogger Resident Moron™ May 28, 2017 4:55 AM  

In the immortal words of Annie Lennox:

"This is the fear
This is the dread
These are the contents of your head"

Or, in other words; SJWs Always Project.

Blogger robins111 May 28, 2017 7:54 AM  

I haven't finished reading the entire article, but what I've seen is that it is a long winded, thinly disguised sniveling whine, that they are getting their asses handed to them, by a loose collection of people who've grown tired of their bullshit.

Blogger Silly but True May 28, 2017 9:11 AM  

They're just mad Alison's main job gave her a bad rapp?

Blogger wreckage May 30, 2017 9:02 AM  

Don't mistake detached language for even-handedness. Selective presentation of facts and repeated presentation of "aguables" as though they were facts, while maintaining apparent detachment and "giving a fair hearing" (but only to weak arguments, compromised spokespersons, and/or in such a way as to confirm the narrative, for example, by presenting a counter argument like "yes there's a horrible evil patriarchy but it's really not as bad as it used to be!") is basically how every inveterate and despicable liar in the upper crust of our society does what they do.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts