ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Intelligence and communication

Normal: Eh, it was fine.
Midwit: 1,500-word monologue reiterating the Mary Sue article that said the comic book was better.
High: 3,000-word dissertation on the technical details.
VHIQ: Eh, it was fine.
UHIQ: What movie?

I can explain the latter process:
  1. The movie ends.
  2. Think about X scene or character.
  3. Think about how something like that might be useful in the book I am currently writing, or less frequently, thinking about the possibility of writing someday.
  4. Start mentally writing the dialogue or playing through the action sequence.
  5. Upon completion, think about what implications that little vignette will have for previous or subsequent scenes. Mentally note the more significant ones.
  6. Lights go on.
  7. Debate whether it would make sense to write the scene down upon returning home, or simply file it away mentally for later in the hopes that I actually recall it at some point. Regardless of what is decided, it is always mentally filed away for later. There is perhaps a 5 percent chance it will ever cross my mind again.
  8. Suddenly recall a previous idea that had been filed away for later, but never recollected. Consider whether it would have utility in the current book or not, then remember that the book for which the idea is applicable was published five years ago. Mentally shrug. 
  9. Everyone stands up. Spacebunny says, "did you like the movie?"
  10. "What movie?" "The. One. We. Just. Saw." The latter statement is usually accompanied by an eyeroll and eyelid flutter that is less a gesture of contempt and more one indicative of seriously questioning her life choices.

Labels:

387 Comments:

1 – 200 of 387 Newer› Newest»
Blogger Fenris Wulf August 28, 2017 5:08 AM  

And then there's Homer Simpson ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ta0Sj05tjc

Anonymous Just Call Me Fishmail August 28, 2017 5:13 AM  

a) "I need a shower after that"
b) "It was NOT fine"
c) "How many minutes of my life did I just lose?"
d) Privately wonder whether the semiotic sludge you've just had dumped on you washes off with regular bar soap
e) All of the above


Blogger Ezekiel August 28, 2017 5:17 AM  

Fenris Wulf wrote:And then there's Homer Simpson ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ta0Sj05tjc

Wisest of them all.

Blogger exfarmkid August 28, 2017 5:38 AM  

So the movie was about half a dozen mental operations previous....

My God, this actually makes perfect sense.

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable August 28, 2017 5:46 AM  

I do this all the time, and I'm not even VHIQ.

Blogger VD August 28, 2017 5:47 AM  

So the movie was about half a dozen mental operations previous....

Why do you think highly intelligent people often speak so slowly and haltingly? We're trying to articulate things that we thought about several mental cycles ago. I'm usually selecting between several different ways of saying the same thing, some of which have been, or are in the process of being, edited.

I strongly suspect that someone who articulates clearly and much faster than most, such as Milo, is thinking at much the same speed he is speaking.

We all know people who talk faster than they think; who "speak without thinking". It should come as no surprise that the reverse phenomenon exists as well. The only question is, how does it usually manifest? I suspect it is usually indicated by halting speech that is punctuated with strange pauses, seemingly unrelated topic jumps, and sudden leaps of logic. Several of the smartest people I know speak this way, and I am told that I initially did when first doing Darkstreams.

It's related to why I hate video or listening to lectures and recordings. The information flow is too slow.

Blogger JACIII August 28, 2017 5:48 AM  

They make these little notebooks that are super slim and they fit right in your back pocket. "Field Notes" - something about having jotted something down makes you remember it forever, which is weird 'cause then you shouldn't have to write it down.

Anonymous Rocklea August 28, 2017 6:13 AM  

My max thinking speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHW1ho8L7V8

Blogger Jamie-R August 28, 2017 6:31 AM  

I'm really not needed so I'm here to explain the post in an easier to break down alt-right rap.

I'm at the movies, tryna paint the picture
Spacebunny says it's time to go but now I'm thinkin' bigger
I got neurons in the studio, bouncing tight, big fight
Gotta watch that shit, mess around & I'll blog deliver
Google not my nigga
But babe, got a movie ticket to show for it
I mean my mental really get it, I can go for it
Oh Lord, who else trippin' like this?
This ain't make me where I am, moofies just trigger this
I was ready... fuck that, I've been ready
Since Al Franken used to tell us he was comin' to a ring to fight for free
He ain't show up
Minnesotans now Somalis what a blow up
Now back to the movie & myself
Brain still fighting on 5 fronts without help
It's Vox Day
And the Roman Frontier with a Rap Templar
Otters & Baby Metal at his seminars

Anonymous VFM #6306 August 28, 2017 7:15 AM  

You know SB's no dummy. She used the exact words, "What did you think" on purpose.

She's gathering defence evidence for the murder trial.

Blogger Iowahine August 28, 2017 7:15 AM  

So, what movie?

Blogger Gareth August 28, 2017 7:28 AM  

That's like me.

Blogger Student in Blue August 28, 2017 7:30 AM  

Jeez, what do the VHIQ spend their braincycles on, then, if they aren't mentally running through the what-ifs and how best to use the information they processed?

Anonymous Viiidad August 28, 2017 7:33 AM  

@Jamie R

Steppin' down the row but the floors are sticky
Pain in my neck - ah, I see it's a hicky
Can't remember where it came from though I ain't dumb
U-H-I-Q
Just a sigma's day ain't gonna lie to you
True
Midwits repeatin mouthbreather's Mary Sue
Like it's their own never gettin a clue
A little bit smarter kid's talking frame rate
I'm thirty scenes ahead as normal saps cogitate
VHIQ tugs at my shirt tails
Not now, dog, you'll kick my scene off the rails
I'm at 451 original page count - you'll get a shout out
If you're lucky, that is, I'll let you edit my draft
You got craft but brilliance? Naw, you ain't shinin
By the way, SB - my car keys? You find 'em?

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 7:33 AM  

@Student -

Actually assessing the movie, then coming to the conclusion "Eh, it was fine." (Or insert variant assessment depending on the quality of the movie)

Blogger Markku August 28, 2017 7:35 AM  

They used their idle cycles on the movie, as there was nothing noteworthy about it. Their main cycles were spent on unrelated topics not of interest to their company.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 7:35 AM  

@12. Student in Blue, VHIQ: "I know you don't care what I thought about the movie because there's too much for your attention span, so meh."

Blogger Student in Blue August 28, 2017 7:41 AM  

So the VHIQ just don't lose themselves enough in thought that they still keep aware of context ("Oh, they are clearly referring to the movie we just watched" vs "I can think of twenty+ movies that qualify for the question, which movie is she referring to?"), or what?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 7:41 AM  

Once in a while there's a form of visual entertainment that actually has enough going on to keep one busy with the implications if not entirely the cryptic plot itself. This is why Ergo Proxy was fun. The writers weren't dummies, and they planned out absolutely everything in advance, then they just show you an obscure diagonal view of what's going on.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 7:44 AM  

It's also a good example of someone taking a very simple concept composed of two random words and then relentlessly unfolding the contents and possibilities repeatedly.

Blogger Markku August 28, 2017 7:48 AM  

There weren't THAT many interrupt requests from higher priority processes that the movie would have been pushed off the stack for the VHIQ.

Blogger VD August 28, 2017 7:56 AM  

Remember, the difference between VHIQ and UHIQ is that VHIQ think faster, but normally. UHIQ think differently.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 28, 2017 7:58 AM  

Conversations often take place too slowly to maintain continuity of thought (at least for those like me who do not multitask well.) This annoys a lot of people, who think you're just not listening (which often is true, since listening requires concentrating to cease mind-wandering.) I've learned to go back and "review the stack" in order to respond "in thread."

It's the leaps of connection (metaphorical synapses) leading to new insights that make "conversation" so exciting.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy August 28, 2017 7:59 AM  

Student in Blue wrote:Jeez, what do the VHIQ spend their braincycles on, then, if they aren't mentally running through the what-ifs and how best to use the information they processed?
Our processors can't do anything useful with all the noise, so they drop to a much lower clock speed to save power and reduce heat production.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 28, 2017 8:01 AM  

UHIQ people I've met are bored if they're forced into normal life patterns. Alcoholism is a risk.

As with people who are very high-spectrum novelty seekers, I doubt the UHIQ make good husbands or fathers.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 28, 2017 8:07 AM  

Since I believe the pursuit of spiritual wealth more likely leads to happiness, VHIQ people who are also wise will spend a lot of time inside their heads fine-tuning their honest self-assessment, their proper course and comparing the two for course correction.

They may also wonder about those who inhabit parallel worlds, whose denizens march to the beat of entirely different drums.

Anonymous Critically Bent August 28, 2017 8:17 AM  

I'm an IQ 145 who makes a living out of communicating to (and teaching) people in the 85-105 range.

I has forced me to really pop the hood and peel back the layers on how I think so that I can explain to them how they should think. Things I take for granted like self-assessment and asking if a conclusion actually makes sense are usually completely missing from their thought processes.

The thing is though, you can teach people who think more slowly to use some of the the smart people tricks to help them think better, though not quicker.

I'm real happy I married a woman as smart as me most of the time though. I couldn't handle trying to talk to people who think too much slower about important, meaningful things. My wife and I can think things out together because we're essentially of comparable intelligence, though we think in drastically different ways about somethings (I don't mean we have different opinions, but rather our thought processes are very different).

Blogger Dave August 28, 2017 8:20 AM  

Some DVRs have an option to replay recordings at up to 1.2x speed. There have to be apps that will do the same to YouTube, Vidme, etc

Perhaps Voxiversity can build in the option to speed up replays.

Blogger VD August 28, 2017 8:22 AM  

As with people who are very high-spectrum novelty seekers, I doubt the UHIQ make good husbands or fathers.

That's because you're operating on the same false assumption you always do. This is the syllogism you always repeat, both here and at AG.

1) I am a good husband and father.
2) I lived my life a certain way.
3) Therefore, only those who live their lives the way I lived mine are good husbands and fathers.

You make precisely the same logical error every single time you make one of your pronouncements telling everyone that they should do as you did, because sons and their wives. Occasionally you throw in a twist.


1) I am a good husband and father.
2) I lived my life a certain way.
3) Everyone from the very small sample size of people whose life histories I know that didn't live their lives like I did turned out to be bad husbands/bad fathers/unhappy/etc.
4) Therefore, only those who live their lives the way I lived mine are good husbands and fathers.

Your logic is inept. Save your advice for those who are asking you for it.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 8:23 AM  

VD wrote:Remember, the difference between VHIQ and UHIQ is that VHIQ think faster, but normally. UHIQ think differently.

Faster synaptic activity as in Galton's reaction time experiments vs. fundamentally different reactions. So if the test is to press a complex series of buttons in response to a colored light, referencing a chart of button patterns, then the VHIQ will do this quickly and enjoy getting caught up in the task while the UHIQ is thinking "can I rewire this machine to do this for me and get out of here?"

Blogger szook August 28, 2017 8:25 AM  

Ok, this is so besides the point....but has anyone asked what movie VD and SB went to see in the first place? Are we talking Dunkirk or RomCom LV?

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2017 8:25 AM  

To quote a recent post: "That sounds like my average Saturday night."

Well, not really. I stopped going to movies in the theater in the late 90's.

Anonymous Avalanche August 28, 2017 8:32 AM  

@5 someone who articulates clearly and much faster than most, such as Milo, is thinking at much the same speed he is speaking.

That is Milo's Super Power! (Well, one of them...)

Blogger Cail Corishev August 28, 2017 8:34 AM  

I'm usually selecting between several different ways of saying the same thing, some of which have been, or are in the process of being, edited.

Yes. A pause before a word can represent a little internal conversation about what word to use, including reflections back on other times you used it, things it reminds you of, that kind of thing.

I once made the mistake of honestly answering the question "What are you thinking about?" I was driving and had been quiet for a while, as usual. Instead of saying, "Nothing," I ran through a list of the 5-6 things that had been going through my mind in the last couple minutes. Her eyes got big, and then she decided I must be making it up to be sarcastic.

Blogger VD August 28, 2017 8:34 AM  

the UHIQ is thinking "can I rewire this machine to do this for me and get out of here?"

More likely, "I wonder what the purpose of this test might be?" Then redesign the test to prospectively measure the object of the test more effectively.

Bonus points if you actually complete the redesign but don't complete the test.

It's not at all uncommon for me to be thinking about how to go about applying my newly designed fitness plan intended to lower my cholesterol, which the doctor has told me is high relative to my other health metrics, and respond to Spacebunny's question "so, how'd it go?" with "how did what go?"

"The appointment."
"What appointment?"
"The. One. With. The. Doctor. That. You. Just. Came. Back. From."
"Oh, right. I need new shoes."
"What?"

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable August 28, 2017 8:39 AM  

I wonder if there might also be a difference in experience for the more chaotic and more organized (P vs. J in MBTI terms). Because I'm +3.5 SD and totally lose myself in the moment.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 8:42 AM  

"Because I don't run often enough because my shoes are almost worn out."

"..."

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 8:44 AM  

VD wrote:the UHIQ is thinking "can I rewire this machine to do this for me and get out of here?"

More likely, "I wonder what the purpose of this test might be?" Then redesign the test to prospectively measure the object of the test more effectively.


The important distinction is that VHIQ derives particulars from generalities (how do I do the thing) and UHIQ generalizes particulars into generalities (why do I do the thing).

Bonus points if you actually complete the redesign but don't complete the test.

I prefer to discriminate between conscientiousness and intelligence, and between follow-through (introverted conscientiousness) and achievement-striving (extraverted conscientiousness).


"so, how'd it go?"

"how did what go?"

"The appointment."

"What appointment?"

"The. One. With. The. Doctor. That. You. Just. Came. Back. From."

"Oh, right. I need new shoes."

"What?"


Fun story, the introversion shows through very well. I expect UHIQ women, such as exist, do not have this particular problem because they are very good at 1) paying attention to others and 2) fetching what the person just said from short-term memory after a moment of not paying attention.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy August 28, 2017 8:45 AM  

VD wrote:to lower my cholesterol, which the doctor has told me is high relative to my other health metrics,
Cholesterol is the main component of myelin. People with higher IQs have more myelin-sheathed neurons in their brains. Cholesterol is good for you, and because of your IQ, you need more of it than most people do.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 8:46 AM  

Some DVRs have an option to replay recordings at up to 1.2x speed. There have to be apps that will do the same to YouTube, Vidme, etc

Perhaps Voxiversity can build in the option to speed up replays.


Podcasts at 2x+ speed are life changing

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 8:47 AM  

James Clerk Maxwell is a good case study in UHIQ.

"All indications suggest that Maxwell had maintained an unquenchable curiosity from an early age.[19] By the age of three, everything that moved, shone, or made a noise drew the question: "what's the go o' that?""

https://infogalactic.com/info/James_Clerk_Maxwell

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 8:47 AM  

@35. SciVo, well, I think there are differences in such things as how much time you spend searching through memory (how much you'll [have time to] recall of what you "saved for later" outside of events specifically calling for memory), how focused in you are on a singular aspect of a problem (happens less the more you deal with that type of problem [associative horizons come into play here]), how well you can backtrack to keep on an old line of thought that you've blitzed past several times over in the time you've been communicating, and also how novel a particular type of problem is to you (experience based, as well as what types of problems you've had the capacity to work through before).

Blogger VD August 28, 2017 8:48 AM  

Cholesterol is good for you, and because of your IQ, you need more of it than most people do.

My cholestorol is actually normal, it's just that everything else is very low, so it stands out. It's most likely just a consequence of a high-stress occupation.

Blogger Tino August 28, 2017 8:48 AM  

Vox, speaking purely as a doctor, cholesterol and fats in general, are not all that impacted by exercise, literature notwithstanding. It is more a symptom of poor carb processing. Cut back on the carbs and the numbers will come into line. Most importantly, there are plenty of folk with normal numbers and heart disease. Inflammatory status is more important. All my best and thanks for a great blog.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 8:49 AM  

@37. Aeoli, "UHIQ generalizes particulars into generalities (why do I do the thing)."

Sounds right. It's like continuously recompiling your kernel.

Anonymous Jeff August 28, 2017 8:51 AM  

With their minds constantly in overdrive, how do UHIQ's even sleep?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 8:54 AM  

@45. Jeff, fatigue?

Blogger Koanic August 28, 2017 8:55 AM  

This is one reason Vox is such a topicality Nazi in his Darkstreams.

A queue lines up behind the slow mouth speed. For someone who typically has only one item in this queue, topic switching is cheap. However, for someone whose queue typically fills his RAM, topic switching is extremely irritating.

It is a form of topical inertia. Water striders are more agile than icebergs.

Thus he appears irascible to the flighty.

The mismatch between mouth speed and queue size may be one of the limiting evolutionary factors on human intelligence. Female pelvis size is another.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 8:56 AM  

Jeff wrote:With their minds constantly in overdrive, how do UHIQ's even sleep?

That's a problem for both VHIQ and UHIQ. My recommendation is to get enough exercise, take a long walk before bed, practice light discipline*, and listen to a difficult (for you) audiobook on high speed as you drift off. The purpose of the audiobook is to turn off the thoughtstream and receive thoughts passively, and it removes anxiety because even if you don't succeed in sleeping, at least you're getting some reading done.

*Sleep mask, blue-light blockers (the glasses, not the screen coloration software), light intensity control.

Anonymous Avalanche August 28, 2017 8:57 AM  

@38 Cholesterol is good for you, and because of your IQ, you need more of it than most people do.

Sorry, but I need to sperg out here... SO many people don't know about this -- and it's KILLING (or worse, maiming and enstupidating <-- direct link to this blog entry!) people! (It's Big Pharma's worst injury to people!)

Cholesterol levels: Are they really that important?
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2013/10/24/are-cholesterol-levels-important/

How to Interpret Cholesterol Test Results
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-interpret-cholesterol-test-results/

Really really deep dive: The straight dope on cholesterol – Part I
http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/the-straight-dope-on-cholesterol-part-I

Cholesterol and cognitive decline
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2007/10/09/cholesterol-and-cognitive-decline/

Cholesterol and heart disease: no correlation
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2007/10/06/cholesterol-and-heart-disease-no-correlation/

and if – God forbid! -- Your doctor tries to force you onto statins:
Statin madness
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2013/12/06/statin-madness/

The Statinator Paradox
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2009/11/19/the-statinator-paradox/

Dr. Duane Graveline
https://spacedoc.com/

50 Facts on Statins, Cholesterol and Heart Health
https://spacedoc.com/articles/50-facts-on-statins-cholesterol-and-heart-health

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 8:58 AM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:@37. Aeoli, "UHIQ generalizes particulars into generalities (why do I do the thing)."

Sounds right. It's like continuously recompiling your kernel.


More generally, UHIQ is always generating the prisca sapientia whereas VHIQ thinks he already has it.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd August 28, 2017 9:00 AM  

VD wrote:... how to go about applying my newly designed fitness plan intended to lower my cholesterol, which the doctor has told me is high relative to my other health metrics ...

Did your doctor tell you there is a correlation between cholesterol and any disease? Tino and Lurking Puppy have covered the ``it's good for you'' angle, but it's also not bad for you.

Stay active, cut down carbs until your weight stays where you want it, and look for a doctor who doesn't fixate on meaningless numbers like cholesterol.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 9:02 AM  

Matching the folds of reality vs Jumping over them until you trip.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 9:02 AM  

I suppose it goes without saying for most, so this is for my high-AQ n*****s out there: sexual release is also a huge factor in getting to sleep and staying asleep. If you're a week into Nofap, plan on staying up later than usual and getting up earlier.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 28, 2017 9:03 AM  

Jeez, what do the VHIQ spend their braincycles on, then,

(I think I fall mainly in the VH category.) We're thinking about a lot of the same things, both related and not related to the movie. But we don't get so lost in other thoughts that we lose the main thread of A) we just saw a movie, and B) we're with another person who will want to talk about it in normal terms. So we're ready to say, "It was fine," when it's time.

Any time I'm driving for more than an hour, I start theorizing about transporters and FTL travel. Not like "Wouldn't it be nice," but seriously scanning back to things I've read about the latest research, speculating on what the real possibilities might be. But if a passenger asks if we're there yet, I can still answer, because there's a thread going that keeps track of the normal stuff too. I rarely get completely focused on other ideas and lose track of what's going on, which I think is what Vox is describing here.

Anonymous SciVo de Plorable August 28, 2017 9:07 AM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:@35. SciVo, well, I think there are differences in such things as how much time you spend searching through memory (how much you'll [have time to] recall of what you "saved for later" outside of events specifically calling for memory), how focused in you are on a singular aspect of a problem (happens less the more you deal with that type of problem [associative horizons come into play here]), how well you can backtrack to keep on an old line of thought that you've blitzed past several times over in the time you've been communicating, and also how novel a particular type of problem is to you (experience based, as well as what types of problems you've had the capacity to work through before).

Okay! I know for a fact that I'm very good at holding conversations in my brain and creating arc-tangents to bring closure. And I have actually stopped watching anything at all because annoying, so I do think about it.

Perhaps the difference is that I'm holding it in a buffer to think about later?

Blogger Harambe August 28, 2017 9:12 AM  

So did you like the Death Note movie or not?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 9:14 AM  

@55. SciVo, buffers are nifty, but there always seems to be a limit to how much can actually be (or rather WILL be?) recalled later versus how much we wish were. Probably the faster you're running the big topology of topic-shifts the less your buffer will be able to contain the sum to refresh you later.

Blogger Harambe August 28, 2017 9:14 AM  

Guys, not everyone's weiner can be above-average. It's mathematically impossible.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 9:16 AM  

You're making an unstated assumption.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 28, 2017 9:16 AM  

VD wrote:As with people who are very high-spectrum novelty seekers, I doubt the UHIQ make good husbands or fathers.

That's because you're operating on the same false assumption you always do. This is the syllogism you always repeat, both here and at AG.

1) I am a good husband and father.

2) I lived my life a certain way.

3) Therefore, only those who live their lives the way I lived mine are good husbands and fathers.

You make precisely the same logical error every single time you make one of your pronouncements telling everyone that they should do as you did, because sons and their wives. Occasionally you throw in a twist.

1) I am a good husband and father.

2) I lived my life a certain way.

3) Everyone from the very small sample size of people whose life histories I know that didn't live their lives like I did turned out to be bad husbands/bad fathers/unhappy/etc.

4) Therefore, only those who live their lives the way I lived mine are good husbands and fathers.

Your logic is inept. Save your advice for those who are asking you for it.


Fair enough. Parallel worlds.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 9:18 AM  

Harambe wrote:Guys, not everyone's weiner can be above-average. It's mathematically impossible.

This! Is! VOX POPOLI!

If it's above average weiners you want, try Sparta.

Blogger SouthRon August 28, 2017 9:24 AM  

This. Exactly.

The UHIQ do think differently.

Sometimes my wife asks what I'm thinking and really wants to know because I seem deep in thought or it seems like I'm ignoring her. By the time I give her 4 of the 6 or 7 things I'm thinking about she says nevermind or your really thinking about all of that? Well, I was.

My VHIQ (mid 160s) cousin's attempts at conversation always seemed like non sequiters and everybody would look at him funny. I could see the 3 or 4 steps from their A to his D or E.

And by the time we hit the door of the theatre or church and my wife asks about it I've jumped through so many things the movie is a usually a remote memory. With sermons I'm probably off on some remote theological thought 7 steps removed from the sermon. Occassionally I can backtrack and explain how I got there.

Probably why I prefer to work solo. It's frustrating when it takes your peers or managers 6 months to realize they need to go with the solution you came up with in minutes.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 9:27 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous TS August 28, 2017 9:29 AM  

"Cut back on the carbs and the numbers will come into line."

In Italy!?

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 9:30 AM  

All y'all can't be UHIQ sigmas

Blogger SouthRon August 28, 2017 9:35 AM  

And frequently there really are leaps in thought. With the UHIQ it's not always linear. Often it's more like a graph search or not so simple pattern recognition applying principles and patterns from seeming ulrelated areas to the problem at hand.

Hell I read some BS from the Charlottesville BLM leader this morning and nevermind her hyper-rascist 10 points for fixing rascism. My first thought was your an economically braindead and that's exactly why you and your proposals should be ignored. With all the gibsmedats we'd be back at Nishita's and lean-tos in a generation.

Anonymous Jeff August 28, 2017 9:39 AM  

Thanks, Aeoli. My youngest brother also finds audio books very effective for sleeping. However, he prefers light fiction that, he says, relaxes his mind.

Anonymous AZFloyd August 28, 2017 9:39 AM  

Who hid my thick crayons?

Blogger maniacprovost August 28, 2017 9:40 AM  

With their minds constantly in overdrive, how do UHIQ's even sleep?

Why do you think smart people historically stay up later at night?

Personally I don't have a problem with my mind racing keeping me awake, which everyone can get. The problem when I was younger was that my normal thoughts are so complex and self sustaining that they kept me up the same way that a movie would. The brain doesn't relax in the absence of outside stimuli because there are so many internal stimuli.

The only solution is to have kids. That way you'll be tired enough and mentally exhausted enough to sleep immediately.

Blogger David August 28, 2017 9:44 AM  

@Josh

Secret King meets Secret Wizard.

Blogger Harambe August 28, 2017 9:48 AM  

So who's the Alpha Sigma here?

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 9:56 AM  

The only solution is to have kids. That way you'll be tired enough and mentally exhausted enough to sleep immediately.

This would eliminate 90% of the internet whining from both the left and the right.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 9:59 AM  

Jeff wrote:Thanks, Aeoli. My youngest brother also finds audio books very effective for sleeping. However, he prefers light fiction that, he says, relaxes his mind.

Everybody will have a different sweet spot.

Harambe wrote:So who's the Alpha Sigma here?

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/selectall/2017/02/13/wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

What matters for our purposes is I'm funnier than you.

Blogger Student in Blue August 28, 2017 10:01 AM  

@54. Cail Corishev
Any time I'm driving for more than an hour, I start theorizing about transporters and FTL travel.

That's basically my point though, if you're only theorizing about transporters and FTL travel after an hour, what in the world were you spending time thinking about up to that hour mark?

Perhaps LurkingPuppy was right on the mark when it comes to cutting back on operating hertz when not in use.

All I know is, even though I'm not high enough IQ to qualify for UHIQ, there's enough of a similarity that I know where Vox is coming from. The absent-minded professor trope is the #1 example.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:04 AM  

@68. AZFloyd, I ate them.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:06 AM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:The only solution is to have kids. That way you'll be tired enough and mentally exhausted enough to sleep immediately.

This would eliminate 90% of the internet whining from both the left and the right.


And yet Alphas refuse to do what would be required to make that happen because it's easier to criticize from above and enjoy the spoils of intratribal competition. As long as that's true, the Alt-West will fail to be anything other than a marketing platform. When alt-reichtards accuse Vox of stirring shit to elevate himself, they're wrong in the particular but correct in general. Individualists never won anything, just ask the neanderthals.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:12 AM  

@76. Aeoli, the problem with Alphas is that society cannot permit them to have their way unless 100% of the males are Alphas, another version of magickal complete equality.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 10:15 AM  

And yet Alphas refuse to do what would be required to make that happen because it's easier to criticize from above and enjoy the spoils of intratribal competition.

No one needs an alpha to change anything in order to find a wife and have kids.

Blaming alphas for a lack of marriage and kids is the same mentality as a leftist blaming white privilege for black unemployment.

There will always be multiple someones to blame.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:18 AM  

So you blame the losers instead, because that makes more sense. Alternatively...we can use statistical reasoning and say there are Omegas who would be Deltas if we had a real country.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:20 AM  

"Vox of stirring shit to elevate himself, they're wrong in the particular but correct in general."

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

<If you interact with others, you necessarily communicate some of your own needs or desires, no matter how abstract or abstruse.
<"Fair" interaction involves everyone getting something they wanted.
<Life isn't fair (here), materials are not unlimited, everyone breathes the same air and there's only so much of it at any given time.
<To the victor go the spoils. If you don't compete, you automatically lose.
<....Profit?

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 10:22 AM  

So you blame the losers instead, because that makes more sense. Alternatively...we can use statistical reasoning and say there are Omegas who would be Deltas if we had a real country.

I blame the people who aren't even trying, and whining about how it's not their fault. The world is not perfect, life is not fair. You are in control of your actions. Deal with it.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:24 AM  

@78. Josh, "No one needs an alpha to change anything in order to find a wife and have kids.

Blaming alphas for a lack of marriage and kids is the same mentality as a leftist blaming white privilege for black unemployment."


I suppose this depends on what kind of Alphas we're talking about.

If we're talking about some kind that will live under "the law" (such as only marrying one woman, and not messing around before that), you're correct.

If we're talking about the type who will do what they can get away with, Aeoli is correct. They'll always stomp the betas and deltas to some extent (more the further down the food chain), so a society that likes to think of itself as either "fair" or valuing liberty cannot permit them to operate as they would wish.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 10:29 AM  

If we're talking about the type who will do what they can get away with, Aeoli is correct. They'll always stomp the betas and deltas to some extent (more the further down the food chain), so a society that likes to think of itself as either "fair" or valuing liberty cannot permit them to operate as they would wish.

The kind of women deltas and lower can land aren't the kind of women alphas are ruining for marriage.

Also, alphas aren't even aware that anyone lower than a beta exists, except maybe as an abstract exercise.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:32 AM  

You're stuck in binary thinking. A distribution of traits in a population can shift, yes or no? If necessary, e.g. height.

Blogger Harambe August 28, 2017 10:36 AM  

Aeoli Pera wrote:You're stuck in binary thinking. A distribution of traits in a population can shift, yes or no? If necessary, e.g. height.

The reason people find it hard to understand you isn't because you're thinking too fast. It's that your punctuation is horrendous.

Anonymous Michael Maier August 28, 2017 10:39 AM  

Who hid my thick crayons?

I love joyful laughs like the one you just gave me. Thanks. I needed that.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:40 AM  

@85. Harambe, "It's that your punctuation is horrendous."

His punctuation is odd but correct. Hence...

Granted he could reorganize his sentence structure to be more accommodating, but that's neither here nor there.

Blogger dvdivx August 28, 2017 10:40 AM  

Being selected to author "Emoji Movie: The Book" would be a test of anyone's sanity. You could try typing the whole book out in emojis just to be a smart ass but you probably wouldn't see a paycheck.

Anonymous Killua August 28, 2017 10:42 AM  

I am a starting artist and I am going to start making comics someday, I am also starting to get in the habit of writing down the cool parts of movies/series/anime I watch in order to use them in my stories.

Blogger Durandel Almiras August 28, 2017 10:42 AM  

@58 Harambe

"Guys, not everyone's weiner can be above-average. It's mathematically impossible."

You must have missed the previous post about the IQ communications gap. It seems to exist, so the implications from it are the following:

1) IQ tends to seek its own IQ tribe of -30 >= X =< +30 due to the communication-IQ gap.
2) Vox, as the author of the blog, has an IQ of 165.
3) So people who will gravitate towards this blog generally (there are always outliers) fit into the IQ range of 135-195.

Now that doesn't mean there isn't fibbing or stretching of the numbers going on, but at the same time, the nature of IQ means this website is going to have an IQ range that is over-representative of the norm.

I get confused by many of those making various claims to having high IQ or very high and even posting a specific number. This is likely due to my bias, as I've only taken 1 IQ test and 2 tests that correlate with IQ and I still find such tests to be less than definitive. The IQ test I took in 5th grade, I scored 128. My SAT score in the late 90's was 1440, I only took one test, and that score correlates with an IQ in the low 140's. I took the GRE in the 2000's and scored a 1410, again correlating to an IQ in the low 140's.

Indirect "dick" flashing? No, I mention it because many here who have not commented on these articles, but read regularly and comment elsewhere, likely have similar IQ's. Not everyone here feels a need to flash his/her mental penis around. Most of us know we are above average from our experience in school, college, church, and other fuctions. Many of us do not go around taking IQ tests every 5 years and applying to every boring IQ group, like MENSA.

NB: Vox does so because it is useful to rub it into the enemy's face that they are dumber than him. Hence the posts on IQ, it serves an excellent purpose.

Perhaps I am speaking out of turn, but I don't notice the uniqueness of my IQ outside of a classroom or a church function, and I think that is true for many V/HIQ. And my opinion of high IQ has gone down after seeing that high IQ does not grant 1) better access to truth, 2) better protection against bias, 3) protection against propaganda, 4) protection from laziness and a boost to diligence.

IQ means better processing, both in speed of processing, running multi threads of ideas, and connecting information and pieces together. So when high IQ is utilized by the right personality, it's impressive. But when it is utilized by people to rationalize falsehoods, or for self-aggrandizement, or is combined with laziness and/or lack of direction, it is a major disappointment.

So many more readers here at VP are much more humble about the issue of IQ, but we are also well aware of it's importance and utility, and are also aware that it correlates to many important things, the big one being running a modern, Western civilization.

@ Vox - Question for you, my father is in the low genius range, around 145. He manages a team of guys at his business that have IQ's averaging about 10-20 points higher than him. They hold him in respect as the normie who gets them and keeps them in line. Is this a typical arrangement for very high IQ types? My father's take is that UHIQ's have so much going on in their heads that many prefer to have someone manage them if it means distractions are removed from them getting to think and problem solve. He notes that historically, many true geniuses achieve their breakthroughs when a bunch of lesser IQs see their ability and provide an environment for them to do what they do best.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:42 AM  

@83. Josh, "The kind of women deltas and lower can land aren't the kind of women alphas are ruining for marriage."

Depends on the Alpha and his standards and his surroundings at any given time. You're thinking too simplistically. In addition, Deltas (by Vox's definition) are probably the largest section of the male population. If Alphas are taking more than their share, Deltas are almost inevitably going to be affected.

Blogger John Williams August 28, 2017 10:46 AM  

As long as SB doesn't say "Dear"...

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:47 AM  

Harambe wrote:Aeoli Pera wrote:You're stuck in binary thinking. A distribution of traits in a population can shift, yes or no? If necessary, e.g. height.

The reason people find it hard to understand you isn't because you're thinking too fast. It's that your punctuation is horrendous.


Being a charitable sort, I'll point out (with perfect English, mind) that the subject of the conversation you've quoted is not the OP, and your criticism is therefore mere ankle biting.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 10:50 AM  

If Alphas are taking more than their share, Deltas are almost inevitably going to be affected.

Marxism, but for pussy.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:50 AM  

Durandel Almiras wrote:2) Vox, as the author of the blog, has an IQ of 165.

He seems to think so most of the time, but that can be blamed on personality factors.
His measured full-scale IQ is 151. Most of his subtests are significantly higher (likely in the 170 range), but there are gaping holes in his ideas where visuospatial retardation have deleterious effects.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:51 AM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:If Alphas are taking more than their share, Deltas are almost inevitably going to be affected.

Marxism, but for pussy.


Binary thinker. Sad!

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 10:51 AM  

Being a charitable sort, I'll point out (with perfect English, mind) that the subject of the conversation you've quoted is not the OP, and your criticism is therefore mere ankle biting.

You can either write to have a dialog or you can write to show people how smart you think you are. It's difficult to do both simultaneously.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 28, 2017 10:56 AM  

That's basically my point though, if you're only theorizing about transporters and FTL travel after an hour, what in the world were you spending time thinking about up to that hour mark?

A bunch of other stuff. I'm not saying that's when my brain kicks in; I'm saying that's when I get annoyed enough with driving that I start thinking about alternatives. That might be a bad example, since driving becomes automatic enough that anyone who can do it is probably thinking about other things much of the time.

But there is no "idle" time, mentally, for me. That doesn't mean the thoughts that fill in the extra time are always useful; far from it.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 10:56 AM  

@94. Josh, "(((Marxism))), but for pussy."

Marxism says that the state is important and the individual concerns aren't.

Objectivism (LOL) says that the individual matters and the state is a mirage.

Both are wrong. You have to balance the needs of the individual and the concerns of the state.

Put another way, if you want to maximize "freedom" or "liberty", you have to try to balance those freedoms and liberties between various individuals, almost no matter how unequal they are. If they can pull their own weight, they get in on the balancing act.

Alphas, left to their own devices, would tilt that scale toward themselves, however the good of society (and of other individuals) cannot let them do that too much.

Blogger Tupla-J August 28, 2017 10:56 AM  

That sounds extremely familiar, with the train of thought and difficulty with speaking fluently, but I've chalked it up to my poor attention span, as I'm hardly an UHIQ.

My wife would probably get very annoyed if I claimed it's just my stellar intellect flaring up again.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 10:57 AM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:Being a charitable sort, I'll point out (with perfect English, mind) that the subject of the conversation you've quoted is not the OP, and your criticism is therefore mere ankle biting.

You can either write to have a dialog or you can write to show people how smart you think you are. It's difficult to do both simultaneously.


Answer my question about distributions then. Blog rule 2.

Blogger Durandel Almiras August 28, 2017 10:58 AM  

@95 - Aeoli, thanks, I recalled 165 but I choose to be lazy rather than look it up. Granted, his IQ is 151 +/- 15, so 165 isn't out of the question, nor is 136. And as you said, the subtests he's taken point to the upper end.

"there are gaping holes in his ideas where visuospatial retardation have deleterious effects"

Can you elaborate?

Blogger Harambe August 28, 2017 11:00 AM  

If you gaze long enough into the navel, the navel gazes back at you.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:01 AM  

Answer my question about distributions then. Blog rule 2.

This question? You're stuck in binary thinking. A distribution of traits in a population can shift, yes or no? If necessary, e.g. height.

I have no idea if the distribution of all traits can shift. It would depend on the traits in question. Amusingly, you accuse me of binary thinking and then demand a yes/no answer to your question.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:02 AM  


Can you elaborate?


Vox is bad at spacial reasoning

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:02 AM  

@103. Harambe, "If you gaze long enough into the navel, the navel gazes back at you."


This is a good cure. Especially if your navel is an "outie". Paint an eyeball and you'll never go solipsistic again!

Blogger tuberman August 28, 2017 11:02 AM  

Intense concentration on a current interest often gets in the way of minor stuff with very smart people. Even IQ test can be considered unimportant and brilliant guys will score average or below average, 'cause the just don't give a care. Richard Feynman and John Boyd are two examples, as they were both exceptional, and they both scored low on IQ.

The constant background of playfully twisting and turning ideas, or visions they are working with is typical. The rest of the world flows by with only an occasional distraction.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:04 AM  

Pure retardation. Are these the same thing?

"A distribution of traits in a population"
"the distribution of all traits"

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:04 AM  

@104. Josh, "Amusingly, you accuse me of binary thinking and then demand a yes/no answer to your question."

The question was, "The distribution of traits can shift, yes/no?"

It wasn't "The distribution of alltraits can shift, yes/no?"

You're just rationalizing your binary thinking at this point.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:06 AM  

"A distribution of traits in a population"
"the distribution of all traits"


Reading is hard:

It would depend on the traits in question.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:07 AM  

The question was, "The distribution of traits can shift, yes/no?"

It wasn't "The distribution of alltraits can shift, yes/no?"

You're just rationalizing your binary thinking at this point.


As I said, It would depend on the traits in question.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:09 AM  

"A distribution of traits"

!=

"All traits".

A distribution of traits can be a subset of all traits. I guess I'm not allowed to shorten things for expediency's sake, because people like to double down.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:10 AM  

Since the question was, "can X shift" and your answer is "sometimes" that means you have to say "yes" because it is possible in some cases.

Slow class is in session.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 11:10 AM  

I suspect that Vox's estimation of UHIQ is partially incorrect. My experience with people on the far fringe of high intelligence indicates that some are "normal but far, far better" and some are "better, but also very different". The idea of UHIQ presented here seems to be limited to "far better, and also different".

Or maybe I'm just conflating weirdness with different processing.

---

"Marxism, but for pussy."

Oof. Harsh, but true.

I'm going to repeat something I've said before: Aeoli doesn't understand that there's a very large space occupied by a whole lot of people that are neither alphas nor low-to-middle deltas. "Winning" isn't just for alphas. It's just of less importance.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:13 AM  

If there's any "disclaimer" or "cryptic" or "complicated" or "snobby" terms, it means you need to look very hard, because the writer is intentionally not making a simple imperative statement.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:13 AM  

The funny thing is I know Josh isn't actually dumb, and I know he can do statistical reasoning if he wants to, but he insists on kicking the goads anyway because it's worked in the past.

Blogger Shoshana August 28, 2017 11:16 AM  

eh, SHIQ doesn't waste his/her time on movies.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 11:18 AM  

"eh, SHIQ doesn't waste his/her time on movies."

Secret genius wins again?

Blogger Shoshana August 28, 2017 11:19 AM  

@S1AL

always, my dear, always...

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:19 AM  

Adherence to societal norms will often have a retarding effect at some point, as an extremely intelligent individual may find that some norms are flawed. Thus, some "weirdness" can be a result of a combination of superior processing and a willingness to violate societal norms. Not all weirdness is due to this effect though, as the flipside of the coin, people who just don't understand a societal norm, also comes into play.

I'd say that people who refuse to violate certain societal norms in an (actually) flawed society effectively retard themselves by doing so, thus (non-self-retarding) UHIQ will appear odd whether or not different processing comes into play (although I'd be inclined to think that it does also).

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:20 AM  


The funny thing is I know Josh isn't actually dumb, and I know he can do statistical reasoning if he wants to, but he insists on kicking the goads anyway because it's worked in the past.


Did you have any specific traits you wanted to discuss, or do you want to continue to jerk yourself off?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:21 AM  

@119. Shoshana, it's not typically about the movie, it's about the company.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:23 AM  

@121. Josh, "do you want to continue to jerk yourself off?"

From your perspective, you should note that his jerking off is working on you.

From his perspective, he may not be jerking off.

Blogger Student in Blue August 28, 2017 11:23 AM  

@Aeoli Pera

There is a point being made though, that while some traits shift, we do not know if all traits shift. And if we do not know if all traits shift, then it is incorrect to assume that the trait in question can shift, as it may be one of those special few that do not.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:26 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:27 AM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:

The funny thing is I know Josh isn't actually dumb, and I know he can do statistical reasoning if he wants to, but he insists on kicking the goads anyway because it's worked in the past.


Did you have any specific traits you wanted to discuss, or do you want to continue to jerk yourself off?


N. Sexual partner count as a distribution over the US male population. But it was necessary to first establish that we are speaking statistically, and not moralistically.

Blogger tuberman August 28, 2017 11:27 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:29 AM  

Student in Blue wrote:@Aeoli Pera

There is a point being made though, that while some traits shift, we do not know if all traits shift. And if we do not know if all traits shift, then it is incorrect to assume that the trait in question can shift, as it may be one of those special few that do not.


Dialectically true, but he was being obtuse on purpose and I don't do plausible deniability.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Deplorable Cents August 28, 2017 11:30 AM  

Oh, boy, another thread where everyone comments about how smart they are. Great fun, but needs some Boomertard nostalgia added to the mix for flavouring.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:33 AM  

N. Sexual partner count as a distribution over the US male population. But it was necessary to first establish that we are speaking statistically, and not moralistically.

I don't have the data on that. Given that human nature is human nature, I would expect that it's not as prone to shift as people assume.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:35 AM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:N. Sexual partner count as a distribution over the US male population. But it was necessary to first establish that we are speaking statistically, and not moralistically.

I don't have the data on that. Given that human nature is human nature, I would expect that it's not as prone to shift as people assume.


How lucky for you then that you need only ask! Well you didn't, but I sense the yearning for knowledge in your spirit.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/15/millennials-much-less-sex-grandparents/

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 11:36 AM  

"I don't have the data on that. Given that human nature is human nature, I would expect that it's not as prone to shift as people assume."

The data that exists appears to indicate that, aside from fringe extremes, you're mostly correct. More young people are delaying sex, but that's mostly due to shifts in socialization.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 11:38 AM  

How the hell did we get to this conversation, anyways? It's interesting in its own way, but has pretty much nothing to do with the OP.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:38 AM  

@127. tuberman, I would be completely unsurprised if there were a large overlap of the potential IQ ranges between VHIQ-style processing an UHIQ-style. This would imply that UHIQ-style is a system that can come into play at a certain lower bound, and boosts the potential of the hardware.

Assuming that UHIQ-style does not have a (humanly reachable) max potential IQ bound, this would tend to result in a VHIQ section that cannot often reach the common upper bounds of UHIQ processing, but does occasionally, particularly in specific disciplines.

Alternately, UHIQ processing may lack limits that VHIQ processing does, in which case VHIQ processing could never intrude into the upper UHIQ domain.

Your example would suggest the former, assuming it's anything to do with processing style at all.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:39 AM  

Gosh, more millenials are virgin at later ages? That sounds like loser Omega talk to me. Better purge them from the Alt-West, we all know how Jesus felt about LOOSERS.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:40 AM  

@133. "How the hell did we get to this conversation, anyways? It's interesting in its own way, but has pretty much nothing to do with the OP."

Virtually everyone likes sex, thus no one gets left out.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:41 AM  

S1AL wrote:How the hell did we get to this conversation, anyways? It's interesting in its own way, but has pretty much nothing to do with the OP.

Aeoli feels a mighty duty to teach the spirit of charity to the poor to Christians who apparently haven't heard of it. And he has nothing better to do at work today.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:41 AM  

Better purge them from the Alt-West, we all know how Jesus felt about LOOSERS.

10But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ 12I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:43 AM  

Maybe you should stick to basic statistics until you get that one down.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:43 AM  

@137. Aeoli, some would say that "Charity" is a better translation of the nature of God than "Love".

Are you sure you're not feeling the urge to merge (with our side)?

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:45 AM  

Next direct question!

If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted because there are more inappropriately old virgins, is it imaginable that the distribution could shift back?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:46 AM  

@138. Josh, "But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you."

Erm, "But whenever you enter a woman and she does not receive you, go unto the men and say 'Even the dust of your passage that clings to things we wipe off against you.'"

Am I doing it right?

Anonymous Grayman August 28, 2017 11:48 AM  

VD

A 30 points comm gap is a huge issue. Your point about average IQ of a society being the critical one is a great illustration of this. With US blacks having an average IQ of 85, the implication is that half of the blacks in the US are incapable of functioning in roles where average IQ is 115 or above. That would be most technical and management fields.
Only 15% of blacks can effectively communicate with those of IQ 130 or above (Whites and Asians primarily). Only 50% of Whites can effectively communicate with IQ 130 or above. Those who run western society, who “build it” are probably on average 115 or higher. We effectively have an aristocracy of intelligence.

https://imgur.com/a/Oqid5

http://imgur.com/a/DzMNo




Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:49 AM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:@137. Aeoli, some would say that "Charity" is a better translation of the nature of God than "Love".

Are you sure you're not feeling the urge to merge (with our side)?


I'm more on the side of the Alt-West than anyone realizes. I told you all, there will be times you don't understand what I'm saying or doing, and you'll just have to trust me because I'm a genius and y'all aren't. I teach with the stick because I care, and because this crowd is a bunch of mules.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 11:49 AM  

"Gosh, more millenials are virgin at later ages? That sounds like loser Omega talk to me. Better purge them from the Alt-West, we all know how Jesus felt about LOOSERS."

Look, I know that this is how the conversation goes in your head, but that's not what's happening. And being a whiny bitch about it just means that the people you're attacking are far less likely to care.

And bonus points for spelling errors that convey the opposite point of what's written.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:50 AM  

"We effectively have an aristocracy of intelligence."

SSHHHH! We're not allowed to talk about that.

"...whom you are not allowed to criticize..."

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:50 AM  

If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted because there are more inappropriately old virgins, is it imaginable that the distribution could shift back?

Yes.

Is the distribution similar for both men and women?

Blogger VFM #7634 August 28, 2017 11:50 AM  

The only question is, how does it usually manifest? I suspect it is usually indicated by halting speech that is punctuated with strange pauses, seemingly unrelated topic jumps, and sudden leaps of logic.

@5 VD
Also having to calculate whether the other party can understand what you're talking about, or even WANTS to talk about it. And then how to phrase it to match with what you suspect his IQ level is.

UHIQ people I've met are bored if they're forced into normal life patterns. Alcoholism is a risk.

@24 dc.sunsets
I suspect loneliness has more to do with what you're seeing than boredom.

If Alphas are taking more than their share, Deltas are almost inevitably going to be affected.

Marxism, but for pussy.


@94 Josh
Heh. Actually, Betas should be most affected. Maybe a slight resentment at getting sloppy seconds is why they seem to be more conventionally leftard or cuckservative on average than Alphas or Sigmas.

And for every Alpha ruining hot women, there are several horny Gamma extroverts (and lesbians nowadays) ruining the warpigs, and even more Betas and extroverted Deltas ruining the women in the middle. Chateau Heartiste has noted that women in the 5-7 range are hardest to game, and I think this is why.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:51 AM  

I told you all, there will be times you don't understand what I'm saying or doing, and you'll just have to trust me because I'm a genius and y'all aren't.

140 IQ is not genius level

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:52 AM  

"I told you all, there will be times you don't understand what I'm saying or doing,"

B-b-but, AEOLI, you said you felt a "Spirit of Charity", did you not?!?

Blogger Harambe August 28, 2017 11:53 AM  

Aeoli Pera wrote:Next direct question!

If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted because there are more inappropriately old virgins, is it imaginable that the distribution could shift back?


Yes, Socrates, it is possible to imagine such a thing. Will it happen? Probably not unless we drop chemicals in the water to make the alphas gay. And maybe also eliminate Tinder and cheap travel options for pretty people.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:55 AM  

"I suspect loneliness has more to do with what you're seeing than boredom."

Have you considered that alcohol makes you look stupid? I know several people who would be drunk all day long in order to chemically lobotomize themselves down to a comfortable level for socialization. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 11:57 AM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted because there are more inappropriately old virgins, is it imaginable that the distribution could shift back?

Yes.

Is the distribution similar for both men and women?


No. http://alphagameplan.blogspot.com/2012/02/alpha-game-demographics.html

Next question, do Alphas have higher N than they used to, and do Deltas have lower N?

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:I told you all, there will be times you don't understand what I'm saying or doing, and you'll just have to trust me because I'm a genius and y'all aren't.

140 IQ is not genius level


IQ is not genius, but you will never believe me on this point. For the peanut gallery, I'll note that one of my lesser ideas was in the Hallpike book Vox just published.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 11:57 AM  

Heh. Actually, Betas should be most affected. Maybe a slight resentment at getting sloppy seconds is why they seem to be more conventionally leftard or cuckservative on average than Alphas or Sigmas.

Beta is probably the sweet spot on the SS hierarchy. 80% of the reward with 20% of the effort.

Blogger Student in Blue August 28, 2017 11:58 AM  

Would it be fair or correct to say that the main difference between VHIQ and UHIQ is that UHIQ is constantly challenging its assumptions, while VHIQ isn't even aware of its assumptions?

That's quite close to "UHIQ is always generating the prisca sapientia whereas VHIQ thinks he already has it.", but there's just a shade of difference.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 11:59 AM  

"Heh. Actually, Betas should be most affected. Maybe a slight resentment at getting sloppy seconds is why they seem to be more conventionally leftard or cuckservative on average than Alphas or Sigmas."

You're absolutely correct. I tried to imply that, but it didn't come across. Delta-itis is both a second-order effect from those places where Betas displace downward rather than go for "sloppy seconds" as well as those places where both Alphas and Betas have low enough standards (or poor enough current circumstances, or both), to wish to intrude on what would be typically Delta leavings.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:00 PM  

Harambe wrote:Aeoli Pera wrote:Next direct question!

If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted because there are more inappropriately old virgins, is it imaginable that the distribution could shift back?


Yes, Socrates, it is possible to imagine such a thing. Will it happen? Probably not unless we drop chemicals in the water to make the alphas gay. And maybe also eliminate Tinder and cheap travel options for pretty people.


The point of charity is not to tear down the strong. That's the point of socialism. If we cleaned up the chemicals that are already in the water, the average Delta's N would probably go back up. Imagine that!

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:00 PM  

No. http://alphagameplan.blogspot.com/2012/02/alpha-game-demographics.html

Too small of a sample size for the female population.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:03 PM  

"Probably not unless we drop chemicals in the water to make the alphas gay."

What did you think the "one man one woman" change to the marriage stricture in conjunction with the "Don't f*** around before marriage" was about? This is a part of the cause for that effect. Alpha only allowed one woman, no one gets sloppy seconds. (Assuming the law is followed).

"Would it be fair or correct to say that the main difference between VHIQ and UHIQ is that UHIQ is constantly challenging its assumptions, while VHIQ isn't even aware of its assumptions?

That's quite close to "UHIQ is always generating the prisca sapientia whereas VHIQ thinks he already has it.", but there's just a shade of difference."


Consider that he said "generating" the prisca sapienta, and that that is an oxymoron.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 12:03 PM  

"Beta is probably the sweet spot on the SS hierarchy. 80% of the reward with 20% of the effort."

This.

"The point of charity is not to tear down the strong. That's the point of socialism. If we cleaned up the chemicals that are already in the water, the average Delta's N would probably go back up. Imagine that!"

Did chastity stop being a virtue at some point?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:07 PM  

@160. S1AL, "Did chastity stop being a virtue at some point?"

Did everyone start being chaste at some point?

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:08 PM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:Too small of a sample size for the female population.

Regardless, we agree the distributions have different shapes. I appeal to our common sense to observe this.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:10 PM  

Hence the nomenclature "Village Bicycle" and "Football Team".

Little black dress = little black swan, ideally.

Unfortunately, that is very much not the case in modern society.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 12:12 PM  

"Did everyone start being chaste at some point?"

Which has a more deleterious effect on society, widespread cocaine use or widespread methamphetamine use?

Which should we encourage?

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:16 PM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:Consider that he said "generating" the prisca sapienta, and that that is an oxymoron.

Paradoxical. The prisca sapientia is impossible, but people try to build it anyway.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:17 PM  

Regardless, we agree the distributions have different shapes. I appeal to our common sense to observe this.

Is the population of sexless men relatively equal to the population is sexless women?

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:18 PM  


IQ is not genius, but you will never believe me on this point. For the peanut gallery, I'll note that one of my lesser ideas was in the Hallpike book Vox just published.


Did he get the idea from you?

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:22 PM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:Regardless, we agree the distributions have different shapes. I appeal to our common sense to observe this.

Is the population of sexless men relatively equal to the population is sexless women?


I don't know. You still owe me an answer upthread.

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:

IQ is not genius, but you will never believe me on this point. For the peanut gallery, I'll note that one of my lesser ideas was in the Hallpike book Vox just published.


Did he get the idea from you?


No dessert until you finish your homework.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2017 12:23 PM  

> Since the question was, "can X shift" and your answer is "sometimes" that means you have to say "yes" because it is possible in some cases.

Or the answer can be a more truthful "it depends". Do you want a generalization or the truth?

> Given that human nature is human nature, I would expect that it's not as prone to shift as people assume.

From what history I know, I would have to agree.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:26 PM  

"Paradoxical. The prisca sapientia is impossible, but people try to build it anyway."

"There is no God."

Imagine if you didn't go with that assumption?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:27 PM  

"Which should we encourage?"

We're not even at that point in the conversation yet. We're still trying to define what IS happening.

Blogger Shoshana August 28, 2017 12:28 PM  

Shoshana, it's not typically about the movie, it's about the company.

Yeah, I read this blog for comments mostly. With all due respect.
However, watching movies lost its appeal to me once I stopped smoking pot. I strongly believe that the incessant focus on image in Western Culture is the major source of its downfall. It suppresses imagination, restricts the flow of ideas, and eventually it cripples minds and souls even of the best of us.

Blogger tuberman August 28, 2017 12:28 PM  

90. DA
"Question for you, my father is in the low genius range, around 145. He manages a team of guys at his business that have IQ's averaging about 10-20 points higher than him. They hold him in respect as the normie who gets them and keeps them in line. Is this a typical arrangement for very high IQ types? My father's take is that UHIQ's have so much going on in their heads that many prefer to have someone manage them if it means distractions are removed from them getting to think and problem solve. He notes that historically, many true geniuses achieve their breakthroughs when a bunch of lesser IQs see their ability and provide an environment for them to do what they do best."

A 145 IQ is high enough that most people at this level appreciate even higher IQs, and do not bother to envy them, and a 145 IQ person can fit in well enough to make an excellent manager.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:29 PM  

I don't know. You still owe me an answer upthread.

What's the question?

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:30 PM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:"Paradoxical. The prisca sapientia is impossible, but people try to build it anyway."

"There is no God."

Imagine if you didn't go with that assumption?


I'm a Jesus freak.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:33 PM  

"I strongly believe that the incessant focus on image in Western Culture is the major source of its downfall."

Image = icon ~ idol.

"I'm a Jesus freak." My bad, something about "teaching the Christians" set me off. I'll reexamine my suppositions and get back to you.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2017 12:33 PM  

> http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/15/millennials-much-less-sex-grandparents/

And what have we discussed in the just the past week or so about the validity of such "studies"?

> If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted...

Given the above, why would I do that?

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:35 PM  

Given the above, why would I do that?

Because you should support the narrative that it's the fault of those bad alphas

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:37 PM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:I don't know. You still owe me an answer upthread.

What's the question?


Do Alphas have higher N than they used to, and do Deltas have lower N?

I hate the Socratic thing, by the way, so if you want to skip to the end I'm game. The central tendency of my argument is: 1) that religion influences sexual outcomes (obvious, and the point we're arguing through now), 2) the West has lost its Christianity (mostly true and obvious), 3) Christianity has lost its spirit of charity (less obvious), and 4) the Alt-West will lose the culture war if it doesn't regain the spirit of charity (much less obvious).

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 12:40 PM  

The obvious flaw in that series of axioms is the assumption that your operational definition of charity is correct. Very obvious.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:42 PM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:Given the above, why would I do that?

Because you should support the narrative that it's the fault of those bad alphas


No, it's due to secularism. Secularism has no use for charity. Fascism hates charity because it says weakness is evil.

James Dixon wrote:

And what have we discussed in the just the past week or so about the validity of such "studies"?

> If we accept that the distribution of N has shifted...

Given the above, why would I do that?


Because it matches our observations of reality as well. The pool of Deltas willing to "man up and marry those sluts" is shrinking, and the pool of Omegas is increasing.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:42 PM  

S1AL wrote:The obvious flaw in that series of axioms is the assumption that your operational definition of charity is correct. Very obvious.

It's not a set of axioms (or even premises), it's a set of waypoints.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:44 PM  

Okay, Aeoli. My understanding of "Prisca Sapientia" is that it should be defined (in English) as Pristine Wisdom. I know that Tarot makes some references to it, so it definitely has some mystical klingons associated with it.

My understanding may be incorrect here as well, but this is a reference to knowledge, understanding, or patterns that underlie the world from the beginning (ultimately the beginning, anyway). (Even if we're only referring to knowledge first discovered by ancient peoples and then forgotton, there are plenty of examples. However, this should more properly, I think, be about the "divine pattern".)

How can you say that such a thing is impossible? Perhaps it has associations with gnosticism that I am unaware of?

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2017 12:45 PM  

> 1) that religion influences sexual outcomes (obvious, and the point we're arguing through now)

Largely a tautology. Social norms do affect behavior, yes.

The question in this specific case then becomes how much of the behavior is actually changed and how much of it is merely forced underground?

History strongly suggests the latter is much more common than the former.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:45 PM  


Do Alphas have higher N than they used to, and do Deltas have lower N?


What does the data say?

Anonymous Grayman August 28, 2017 12:45 PM  

@159 Azure

What did you think the "one man one woman" change to the marriage stricture in conjunction with the "Don't f*** around before marriage" was about? This is a part of the cause for that effect. Alpha only allowed one woman, no one gets sloppy seconds. (Assuming the law is followed).

Depending on what source you look at 10% to 30% of children are not sired by the husband, but by "extra-pair copulations".
Even with the one-man-one-woman rule you still have women finding the beta husband to raise the children, then finding the alpha to impregnate her.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:46 PM  

@178. "Because you should support the narrative that it's the fault of those bad alphas"

Are you saying that there are no bad Alphas? If you're not, you've got no place to stand. Regardless of whether it's ENTIRELY the fault of "those bad Alphas", some of it is the fault of bad Alphas.

Blogger S1AL August 28, 2017 12:47 PM  

Axiom: "a statement or proposition that is regarded as being established, accepted, or self-evidently true."

Your series treats it as exactly that, regardless of whatever name you'd like to apply to it. And if it's still not blindingly obvious, the entire issue here hinges on the fact that *other people do not agree on that axiom*.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:48 PM  

Because it matches our observations of reality as well. The pool of Deltas willing to "man up and marry those sluts" is shrinking, and the pool of Omegas is increasing.

And yet if the number of sexless men is roughly equal to the number of sexless women, there are plenty of non sluts that the deltas and omegas could man up and marry. But they won't, because that would invite risk.

Blogger Shoshana August 28, 2017 12:49 PM  

Image = icon ~ idol.

1. Idolatry. No question about it. Idolatry and corollary sexual promiscuity to keep more on the current topic.
2. But also: Image is misleading. Think of analogy between the relationship of image and reality, and intellect and the soul. Both give us a glimpse, but they don't let us to touch the essence of our being.

Blogger James Dixon August 28, 2017 12:49 PM  

> Because it matches our observations of reality as well.

If you don't include me in "our", you may be correct. I have absolutely no observations on the matter.

> The pool of Deltas willing to "man up and marry those sluts" is shrinking, and the pool of Omegas is increasing.

Marriage and sexual partners are not equivalent, especially if you include the paid variety.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:51 PM  

@186. Grayman, I'm assuming "Ultra-Law-Nazis" enforcing it with extreme prejudice so that no one can deviate. In the case of society at large, this is generally going to be the Deltas who have every reason to enforce it as thoroughly as they can.

On a non-societal and less compulsory level, I'm assuming that consequences proceed from Divinity for human actions, and that if this is made more commonly known, "bad Alphas" may be reduced significantly (enough) or (virtually) eliminated.

Obviously not going to happen for the world at large, but for a selective single society? Possible (for a time).

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 12:53 PM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:

Do Alphas have higher N than they used to, and do Deltas have lower N?



What does the data say?


The data says the proportion of Omegas is higher than it used to be. We must conclude that the proportion of some other group is lower. I will assume that either the proportion of Deltas or Gammas has gone down because it's much less likely for natural Alphas, Betas, etc. to become Omegas through dysgenics or environmental effects. Do you think the proportion of Gammas in the male population has gone down?

Blogger Markku August 28, 2017 12:57 PM  

"Image" is an extremely unfortunate translation of what was actually forbidden by the Ten Commandments. It's talking about a very specific type of object, which was shaped as the preferred symbol or image of the targeted deity, and that deity was then expected to take residence in the image, after a ceremony in which it was "breathed to life". Then you would be able to strike deals with the deity.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 12:57 PM  

@190. Shoshana, Interestingly, your option 2 also falls into the definition of Idolatry, even if that's not immediately apparent.

It's still taking appearances over the Word. Satan can mask himself as "An angel of light" as well as being the "Father of lies", so ultimately it boils down to Satanism if nothing else.

Materialistic Science is a great example of Idolotry. It glorifies what is apparent to the senses and assumes that nothing else exists. It's a nice example of a tree chopping off its own trunk to spite the roots. Even beyond that, it takes certain sensory input (current studies) over other sensory input (well validated recorded history) even when such is not logical.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 28, 2017 12:57 PM  

I hate the Socratic thing, by the way, so if you want to skip to the end I'm game. The central tendency of my argument is: 1) that religion influences sexual outcomes (obvious, and the point we're arguing through now), 2) the West has lost its Christianity (mostly true and obvious), 3) Christianity has lost its spirit of charity (less obvious), and 4) the Alt-West will lose the culture war if it doesn't regain the spirit of charity (much less obvious).

How is the spirit of charity going to help you get married?

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 28, 2017 1:03 PM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:Okay, Aeoli. My understanding of "Prisca Sapientia" is that it should be defined (in English) as Pristine Wisdom. I know that Tarot makes some references to it, so it definitely has some mystical klingons associated with it.

A concise definition might say, "the principle or system from which all other natural phenomena can be derived or predicted". But that's not quite correct. Read here: http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath066/kmath066.htm. If you're still interested, pick up David Flynn's book Temple at the Center of Time or send me an e-mail at aeoli dot pera at gmail.

The reason I say it's impossible will require a bit of scratch paper. Ultimately, it's like trying to build a perpetual motion machine, except more general than that.

S1AL wrote:Axiom: "a statement or proposition that is regarded as being established, accepted, or self-evidently true."

Your series treats it as exactly that, regardless of whatever name you'd like to apply to it. And if it's still not blindingly obvious, the entire issue here hinges on the fact that *other people do not agree on that axiom*.


I prefaced it with "if you want to skip". Pick the one where you don't agree and we can start from there.

James Dixon wrote:> 1) that religion influences sexual outcomes (obvious, and the point we're arguing through now)

Largely a tautology. Social norms do affect behavior, yes.

The question in this specific case then becomes how much of the behavior is actually changed and how much of it is merely forced underground?

History strongly suggests the latter is much more common than the former.


History suggests monogamous societies are uncommon, and cultures where Alphas enjoy the spoils of their social competition are the norm. But those aren't Christian cultures, and we're talking about charity.

Blogger Shoshana August 28, 2017 1:03 PM  

How is the spirit of charity going to help you get married?

(it's half-serious response, but I can't help myself)
If you are charitable, you can easily overlook flaws of your prospective marriage partner. And vice-versa

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 28, 2017 1:06 PM  

@194. Markku, ""Image" is an extremely unfortunate translation of what was actually forbidden by the Ten Commandments. It's talking about a very specific type of object, which was shaped as the preferred symbol or image of the targeted deity, and that deity was then expected to take residence in the image, after a ceremony in which it was "breathed to life"."

I agree about the translation. I would also note that many, many modern things are "shaped as preferred symbols or image"s of targeted deities (consciously or subconsciously) and that those (usually ideological) deities are thought to manifest their blessings to their worshipers.

With this concept in mind, "Idolatry" expands to cover almost every sin in existence.

Similarly, the commandment "Thou shalt not kill." can be "unfolded" to cover all of the law as well in my opinion, through its various incarnations of "Thou shalt not kill thy neighbor" or "Thou shalt not kill thyself", etc, as sins are slow methods of self-murder, even if they (somehow) do not affect other people.

As you might guess, I took the concept of fractals and ran with it. I'm rather under the opinion that the entire universe might be one or several.

1 – 200 of 387 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts