ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, September 08, 2017

Gab's Torba to release emails, recorded phone calls

Micus Expectorus@expectorant
Who the hell posts on a public forum criticizing an ally because he thought he got a phone call or two and didn't want to pick up?

Look, we get you're trying to be the lion for @a, but you're coming across as a passive-aggressive weenie. You should grow up too.


Utsav SandujaPRO · @u
If only it were a phone call or two...or an e-mail or a two.

My friend, you have no idea what you're talking about.

You just don't.


Vox Day@voxday
He doesn't, but he will. I will post all of our recent emails back and forth on my blog tomorrow.

I never write anything I'm not willing to expose to the public.


Vox Day@voxday
[9/7/2017 10:09:13 AM] *** Call to [number redacted] ***
[9/7/2017 10:25:59 PM] *** Call ended, duration 16:31 ***
[9/7/2017 8:01:25 PM] *** Call to [number redacted], no answer. ***
[9/7/2017 8:55:19 PM] *** Call to [number redacted], no answer. ***

Note that the first call was at @u's request.


Andrew Torba@a
Note that these are recorded.

Keep going.

Please this will be fun.

I am more alpha than you will ever be.

Try me.


Andrew Torba@a
Vox I'll publish every email you ever sent us and phone calls which have been recorded,

Please try me.

You can destroy your personal brand all you want, but you're not going to drag down Gab with it.

Mark my words.


Vox Day@voxday
I am happy to grant your plea. Go for it.

Release the text of all 81 emails from 9/22/2016 to 9/7/2017 in their entirety. I suggest you redact the names and email addresses of all third parties.

You made the threat. Now deliver on it.

Labels: ,

383 Comments:

1 – 200 of 383 Newer› Newest»
Blogger Sean September 08, 2017 10:34 PM  

Holy smokes. I will always back Vox. I just wish I understand what the hell is going on. Some weird 4d chess. Shame to see Torba turn his back on an early and vocal advocate.

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 08, 2017 10:36 PM  

Man. I can believe they rejected your advice.

I just can't believe they rejected it to behave like this.

Has Torba mistaken you for A SV VC or something?

Blogger S1AL September 08, 2017 10:36 PM  

Assuming that Torba is, in fact, just going the alpha posturing route...

Yeah, I still don't understand alphas.

Blogger VD September 08, 2017 10:36 PM  

I don't know what is going on either. Andrew told us we had to get a court order to get the defamation removed. So, we're doing what he told us to do.

That sparked this weirdness from Utsav, then Andrew doubled down.

I don't think he realizes that a) I don't bluff, and b) I don't care.

Anonymous Ivan Throne September 08, 2017 10:37 PM  

Foul temper in an executive is a risk to the enterprise.

Unfortunate.

Regards,

Ivan

Blogger Solaire Of Astora September 08, 2017 10:38 PM  

Good God, did he actually claim to be 'more alpha' than you ever will? Yikes.

Blogger Mastermind September 08, 2017 10:39 PM  

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what "sparked" this, you're using the guns of the state to force him to betray the principle for which he sacrificed everything else when he built gab. I'm surprised he didn't snap earlier.

Anonymous Difster September 08, 2017 10:40 PM  

So begins the implosion of Gab.

Blogger VD September 08, 2017 10:41 PM  

I'm surprised he didn't snap earlier.

And here I thought the Narrative was that I had snapped. Repeatedly.

Blogger Heian-kyo Dreams September 08, 2017 10:41 PM  

New psycoactive drugs?

Anonymous Justin Bailey September 08, 2017 10:41 PM  

He's still on there name calling and posturing. All this to impress the alt-retards who have nowhere left to go but Gab. It's sad, honestly.

Anonymous UF September 08, 2017 10:41 PM  

Normally, this is where I'd say "Gammas gonna gamma." But I didn't see any warning signs or have Torba pegged as a gamma. Didn't look like he was cracking under pressure, but how in the world is a libel suit going to "drag down Gab?" And even if it was, how does posturing and threatening to release this stuff prevent it? Madness

Anonymous Hermione September 08, 2017 10:43 PM  

Torba is so alpha that his mommy is his attack dog on Gab when he gets in fights with community volunteers.

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 08, 2017 10:44 PM  

Too bad. He really did build a pretty good thing, but the team is just cracking under the pressure.

What a @Jack move.

Blogger Mastermind September 08, 2017 10:49 PM  

@9 the narrative I'm seeing about you is considerably more damaging in the long term than it would be if you had simply snapped. You're using up a lot of good will you've built up just to get revenge on 3 nobodies for making fun of you.

Anonymous User September 08, 2017 10:50 PM  

Vox you're a self proclaimed expert on socio-sexual hierarchy so why are you alpha baiting Torba? You're not an innocent (in the naive sense) here everything he's done has been a predictable response to stimuli you've provided.

I'm genuinely curious what the upside is because while alphas are easily baited, he's not in a fragile position.

Anonymous Charlottesvillain September 08, 2017 10:52 PM  

Again, really questioning the wisdom of the recent fight-picking.

Blogger tuberman September 08, 2017 10:55 PM  

This is more than temper, this is out of control ego. He will be declared the overall leader of the Alt-Right, by his Larper buds. Unless...unless, he stops to see reality. I'm hoping he reorients.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 10:55 PM  

Difster wrote:So begins the implosion of Gab.

Thank goodness I am loathe to join anything. I seem to have avoided much angst.

Blogger Guitar Man September 08, 2017 10:55 PM  

Torba is screeching like Scalzi.

Anonymous Reenay September 08, 2017 10:55 PM  

Gab could've dealt with this whole situation in a much more graceful manner while still honoring their commitment to freedom of speech. After all, you can still talk about anything in a movie theater (but not while the movie is running, please!), you just can't yell "FIRE!"

It's obvious that Vox was putting Gab to the test to see how they would handle a confrontation. If you thought Vox was being rough with Gab, you haven't even begun to consider how rough the SJWs would be once they run one of their swarming attacks on Gab complete with Soros funding backup for lawsuits.

Iron sharpens iron. Gab has made it exceedingly clear they're not iron, otherwise this would be seen as a hardening exercise to help make Gab stronger and more antifragile.

America is no longer a libertarian experiment. It is now what it is: a multicultural empire with multiple factions vying for control. Learn to live by the new rules or die.

Blogger Cynic In Chief September 08, 2017 10:56 PM  

Going Conservative -> Alt-Right, you don't understand the near-absolute free speech advocates. Having gone Libertarian -> Alt-Right, I get what he's going through. Torba has to comply with your subpoena, but it's like forcing a Christian baker to bake a fag cake, it violates one of the core principles he stands for and what he built his company on (as did being threatened by the registrar). Of course he's going to be testy and lash out at you and issue counter-threats when he thinks you're threatening him.

Don't push him any more and let the subpoenas go through. This will settle down in time, but don't expect Gab to be chummy with you for a while.

Anonymous Rollory September 08, 2017 10:56 PM  

"Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"

... I'm not sure yet just WHO in this dispute that refers to, but I'm sure we'll find out.

Anonymous Crew September 08, 2017 10:57 PM  

I think Torba is hoping this will boost Gab's base bigly!

Blogger Mastermind September 08, 2017 10:58 PM  

@22 you're rationalizing because you know vox is in the wrong. This is why I don't get too invested in any talking heads, they're all human and bound to disappoint you, eventually in major ways, sooner or later.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) September 08, 2017 10:59 PM  

protip for all would be Alpha-tards:
Vox does not characterize himself as Alpha or feign Alpha power traits in a group. he never has.

trying to "out Alpha" someone who doesn't consider Alpha a position worth trying to gain betrays an incredible lack of comprehension about your opponent.

iow, if you're the Alpha of the Roadhouse, don't bother AMOG-ing the guy who would just as soon burn down the Roadhouse so he can see what color the purty flames will be.


as to the specific incident here:
so far as i can tell, it went like this
1 - pseudonyms on Gab slander Vox and harass SB
2 - Vox reports activity which violates Gab's ToS
3 - Gab denies that said activity violates their ToS and says that they will not reveal info on accounts committing the slander ( while complaining about being slandered themselves in other venues )
4 - Vox complains again, Gab says to get Court Order
5 - Vox gets Court Order
6 - Torba goes, "OMG, you got a Court Order just like we told you, how dare you!"
7 - Vox says, "I post all emails in public tomorrow"
8 - Torba ripostes with, "I will post all emails in public. neener neener!"
9 - Vox tells Torba to get on with his bad self, although he suggests deleting 3rd party info ( because it's less work for Vox if Torba does it )

have i got this right?

because if this is a decent summation, Andrew Torba is a window licking retard. regardless of his supposed 'Alpha' status.

you don't complain about people doing WHAT YOU TOLD THEM TO DO.

you don't threaten people with actions they have already said they were going to do.

this alone is enough reason to abandon Gab.

does Torba have a coke habit? that would certainly explain his bizarre behavior coupled with his delusions of grandeur.

Blogger Dwight House September 08, 2017 11:01 PM  

Boy. That escalated quickly.

Blogger Alex September 08, 2017 11:02 PM  

I've lost all interest in Gab watching their top dogs reactions to this. It has been unusable for the last week due to the alt-retards crapping all over the floor anyways.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 08, 2017 11:03 PM  

@22 Reenay
After all, you can still talk about anything in a movie theater (but not while the movie is running, please!), you just can't yell "FIRE!"

Yes. You. Can.

You just have to be prepared to pay the cost of what you yelled.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Prior_restraint

Anonymous Rigel Kent September 08, 2017 11:03 PM  

What does Torba think will happen to Vox after he (Torba) releases Vox's emails? Unless Vox confessed to something pretty bad in them, (which I kinda doubt) nothing is what will happen.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:04 PM  

Mastermind wrote:@22 you're rationalizing because you know vox is in the wrong. This is why I don't get too invested in any talking heads, they're all human and bound to disappoint you, eventually in major ways, sooner or later.

I can tell by your screen name that you will be spectacularly wrong.

Anonymous Daniel September 08, 2017 11:04 PM  

I hope that when this whole dustup blows over, somebody explains what it was all about.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 08, 2017 11:05 PM  

I think Torba took the first comment the wrong way, and he's had a rough two weeks. And the Stormpoopers worked hard to cause this issue. He needs to de-escalate the situation, as he's wrapped his ego up and doing the cycle-up effects.

Blogger Woo September 08, 2017 11:06 PM  

Vox's Gamma rage sure is something. Dont sue me bro!

Blogger Cataline Sergius September 08, 2017 11:07 PM  

Twitter has never turned a profit but so long as silicon Valley VCs are in love with it, it will stay afloat one way or another.

Gab doesn't have those options. It can't get on the Apple or Google app store.

Looking at his posts I'm getting the impression of an entrepreneur that is tripling down when he should have admitted defeat and closed shop.

Some entrepreneurs are like that when they feel their business is a calling.

Blogger Woo September 08, 2017 11:07 PM  

haha Vox you weak faggot. Your wife looks like a teenage boy.

Blogger Quilp September 08, 2017 11:08 PM  

I just don't see how Vox could have handled this any differently. Pedo accusations, while juvenile, are not something anyone would just ignore. So he requests the posts be taken down and those making the vile accusations unmasked. What else could he have done?

Torba isn't defending free speech, he is acting almost as a co conspirator in a libel plot. By refusing to unveil who it is who is making accusations of such severity, its the free speech of Vox that is actually under attack. How can he defend himself if his attackers never have to face him to back up their allegations?

Blogger Orville September 08, 2017 11:09 PM  

I think Torba is hoping this will boost Gab's base bigly!

Maybe, or maybe he got the fame bug being on Tucker (where he performed well). He could learn a few things reading Ivan's book. I hope this is just youthful indiscretion.

Anonymous Merideth September 08, 2017 11:10 PM  

Gab crossed a red line here. I support free speech, but not defamation. Gab needs to go. Good luck Vox!

Anonymous Rum Raisin September 08, 2017 11:10 PM  

So begins the implosion of Gab.

Time will tell, but it's not looking good.

I'm pro on Gab and a regular user, but pending the revelations tomorrow, it may be time to end that. Unfortunate, because I respect the hard work and vision of Torba and crew. But history is replete with good men who self destruct because of pride and wrath.

Blogger Guitar Man September 08, 2017 11:11 PM  

Woo, you're too short for this ride.

Blogger Orville September 08, 2017 11:12 PM  

I'm a pro too, and contribute monthly so I'll be watching closely how this goes.

Blogger tuberman September 08, 2017 11:13 PM  

Looking Glass wrote:I think Torba took the first comment the wrong way, and he's had a rough two weeks. And the Stormpoopers worked hard to cause this issue. He needs to de-escalate the situation, as he's wrapped his ego up and doing the cycle-up effects.

LG, I'm still hoping you're correct, but Torba has had several phases of this to reconsider, and his ego just expands. He has already set things up to play the victim. Who does that? Who is he listening to now? I'll never know, but if he doesn't get his ego under control, it will become obvious.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:14 PM  

Dwight House wrote:Boy. That escalated quickly.

This is some of the best Vox Fu I have been privileged to witness. As the Blind Master in the TV series Kung Fu said to the new student, Fear is the only darkness

Blogger Samuel Nock September 08, 2017 11:14 PM  

@27 There has not been any court order, which will take a lot longer than a matter of days. Years, possibly.

Torba has simply started going public in voicing his rage that Vox requested that he take down a post. Torba made himself clear in his two part Gab of two days ago, and in his subsequent Periscope, which was not naming names and was pretty measured. He should not have escalated / melted down after that. It was basically over with, and his melting down has only fed the flames of the Gab cultists and the Alt-reich.

Anonymous kHz September 08, 2017 11:16 PM  

44. 'Who is he [Torba] listening to now?'

The AltRetards are egging him on. They truly destroy everything.

Anonymous Sharrukin September 08, 2017 11:17 PM  

46. Samuel Nock September 08, 2017 11:14 PM

the Gab cultists

The only cultists here are you.

Do you have any self awareness at all?

Anonymous Looking Glass September 08, 2017 11:17 PM  

@33 Daniel

Sept 1 the Anglin Collective found a way to attack Gab via the Registrar. To the point that the Registrar threatened to rapidly remove the Domain. This is outright War on a Website, so Torba has been a bit on edge this entire week.

Into that, some defamation was made against Vox & Spacebunny, and Vox told the person to take it down or he was going to contact Torba. I think that's the key issue that set Torba off, and it's really just been a chain of problems since. (Torba has traveled a bunch & the Tucker appearance was a huge deal, so he's tired & stressed.)

Now, Torba doesn't know it was the Anglin Collective that pulled the Registrar stunt. (That situation was messy as well, as Gab was playing catch-up to figure out what the heck was going on.) At least not yet. The Registrar wouldn't tell them, as I imagine whoever did the stunt made sure to cover their tracks enough it wouldn't matter. It was a play to get the Anglin Collective on the Tucker Carlson show.

Now they're working up Torba and it's just too much emotion involved. Torba's family has always been under harassment and he's probably just too tired. Took the situation as another attack against Gab (see some of the statements), so it's up to him to de-escalate the situation. He's under a lot of stress and just needs a break, which is a bad time to start shouting at Vox.

For any aspiring Socio-Sexual Hierarchy students out there, realize that a Sigma is never a worry to "take" an Alpha's position. A Sigma is always the biggest worry to take out the Alpha's position and leave him ruined. Vox isn't out to ruin Torba, but Torba needs to calm down & get some proper advice on this.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:17 PM  

Guitar Man wrote:Woo, you're too short for this ride.

Or too idiotic. Like most people.

Woo is drunk on stupid.

Blogger tuberman September 08, 2017 11:19 PM  

kHz wrote:44. 'Who is he [Torba] listening to now?'

The AltRetards are egging him on. They truly destroy everything.


I suspect that they are telling him he is the Alpha King of the Alt-Right, and he is in the mood to go with that.

Blogger Aquila Aquilonis September 08, 2017 11:19 PM  

The Dread Ilk are happy we can stop pretending to like Gab.

Anonymous Raw Cringe September 08, 2017 11:20 PM  

I never realized how myopic this comments section is...

Everyone who is not a VP regular is laughing at you. Not just you, VD, but all of you LARPing VFM regulars. This may come as a shock but it's not exactly socially exalted to call a man your Supreme Dark Lord, as I'm sure you're coming to realize... I should know about social unacceptability, let me show you my MLP fanfictions ok

What kind of normie wants to side with "virgin" Vox Day instead of "CHAD" Andrew Torba? Infogalactic vs. GAB? They are both cool sites and needed but Vox Day is the "aggressor" here. No perceived moral high ground. Just an old man yelling at the kids on his lawn.

the bit from Becker comes to mind... "Hey, Dr. Becker, how ya doing?" "Oh, you know, pretty good... except the fact you're SUING ME!"

people like free speech. Suing to censor speech is not a good look. "Perception over reality" as styxhexenhammer always says. Even if you are technically right in a nerdy sort of legalistic way, no. one. cares. because you are still the guy trying to censor others on a free speech website.

and now the commenters here are taking this as a sign of GAB's imminent demise... talk about myopia, like, wow.

ok time to listen to 3 hours of anime music and play with my yugioh cards till bedtime. have fun, good luck, hope everything works out fer y'ns on both "sides".

Blogger Ransom Smith September 08, 2017 11:21 PM  

Excrement, thou hath hit the rotating oscillator.

Anonymous VFM September 08, 2017 11:22 PM  

Raw Cringe, we don't need gab. Gab needs us.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 08, 2017 11:23 PM  

@4 I smell internal pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if those accounts are either sockpuppets from the devs, or belong to someone related to them. The only way I could explain this was if Torba felt that releasing their names would have an worse effect than this whole mess is having.

@6 Funny thing is that VD doesn't even consider himself an alpha.

@7 They asked for it. Literally. They said "we will only release the names with a court order."

Anonymous Justin Bailey September 08, 2017 11:24 PM  

Now Andrew is posting deep and meaningful movie clips, I think he finally snapped.

At least it wasn't Harry Potter.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 08, 2017 11:24 PM  

That should be:

"Torba's family has *already* been under harassment".

Anonymous CitizenOutkast September 08, 2017 11:25 PM  

Hmmm....kind of glad I decided not to invest...

Anonymous Sharrukin September 08, 2017 11:26 PM  

55. VFM September 08, 2017 11:22 PM

Gab needs us.

For what?

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:27 PM  

Raw Cringe wrote:Everyone who is not a VP regular is laughing at you.

Laugh at your peril. You may be right, but that would be a small thing, a blip on the radar. You may be wrong, and that would be a big thing. Like a game changer. Then you would have to laugh out of the other side of your face.

Blogger Ransom Smith September 08, 2017 11:28 PM  

Weren't the stormfags all mocking Gab when it first launched? Now they're actively co=opting it.
Is Torba so short sighted he can't see he's been played like a $2 banjo?

Blogger ZhukovG September 08, 2017 11:28 PM  

I don't understand why Torba lost it.

Requesting the court order was fine, and once served, compliance would in no way impugn Gab's reputation.

The scum are exposed to whatever justice Vox decides to pursue. Likely just an apology and retraction. Gab remains pristine in its support for Free Speech.

I don't see any excuse for Torba to lose his temper and start acting like a loon.

Blogger Michael Neal September 08, 2017 11:29 PM  

I downgraded my account. I'm risking my personal reputation by being on a site known as a Nazi hangout because I believed in creating a viable alternative to Twitter but this isn't it. The site is like a giant trailer park honestly, lots of good people there but the undesirables always bring down the neighborhood even with some decent people in it.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 08, 2017 11:29 PM  

Wait, so you are complaining about Torba saying that he would release private emails when you threatened to do so first? Even your shills can see through that.

Look dude, you can do whatever you want but you should step outside your zone of incestuous amplification and see how this looks to normal people that aren't shills feeding your ego.

Your lawsuit, if it goes to a US court, doesn't have a chance in hell of success. The best you can hope for is bluffing them into settling.

Blogger Todd Brown September 08, 2017 11:30 PM  

Vox literally advocated calling someone a pedofile as effective rhetoric. That cat is out of the bag now. Stop digging.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:31 PM  

Michael Neal wrote:The site is like a giant trailer park honestly, lots of good people there but the undesirables always bring down the neighborhood even with some decent people in it.

Well said. Property values are still important.

Blogger Aquila Aquilonis September 08, 2017 11:32 PM  

I am also wondering if your social media allies will prove to be allies during this affair.

Anonymous VFM September 08, 2017 11:32 PM  

Vox NEVER said to call anyone pedophiles. That's defamatory. Prove your claim or get lost gamma.

Anonymous CoolHand September 08, 2017 11:32 PM  

For being so "edgy" and "pushing the envelop" (via Nazi Cosplay), these folks sure are awfully concerned about what other people think of them.

It's almost as if they were some form of fluffy herd animal . . .

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:33 PM  

Todd Brown wrote:Vox literally advocated calling someone a pedofile as effective rhetoric. That cat is out of the bag now. Stop digging.

Not true. As Vox has pointed out specifically, all the people he called pedophiles were in fact, known pedophiles.

So fuck off.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 08, 2017 11:34 PM  

@16 You should read Milo's book.

@30 I am always baffled by people's lack of understanding of the difference between "can" (possibility or capacity) and "may" (permission).

@37 Just a tip. You can say most things about VD and he won't care. But do not talk about his wife. If you are lucky, the mods will simply spam you. If you are not lucky, she will reply to you.

Blogger Cail Corishev September 08, 2017 11:34 PM  

I just wish I understand what the hell is going on.

Well, I'm not familiar with the other people involved, so it's hazy to me too, but let's spitball a little by looking at the timing of things happening:

- SJWs come after Anglin.
- Drive Anglin from Internet.
- Except not after all. Why not?
- SJWs come after Gab using Anglin post.
- But they back off again after showing their power.
- Gab and Anglin's people now seem chummy, considering.
- Next shoe to drop is....?

There are other possibilities besides a man cracking under pressure in a way surprising to those who have worked with him, though those possibilities may not be any more complimentary.

Blogger Ransom Smith September 08, 2017 11:34 PM  

Vox literally advocated calling someone a pedofile as effective rhetoric.
Always sad when the trolls can't spell.
D-, remedial classes recommended.

Anonymous LurkingPuppy September 08, 2017 11:35 PM  

((( bob kek mando ))) - ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) wrote:does Torba have a coke habit? that would certainly explain his bizarre behavior coupled with his delusions of grandeur.
Stress hormones (‘endogenous corticosteroids’) can drive people crazy too.

Cynic In Chief wrote:Going Conservative -> Alt-Right, you don't understand the near-absolute free speech advocates.
Anyone who has seen the Pizzagate images—artwork depicting children before and after they were murdered, artwork depicting and glorifying cannibalism, artwork glorifying rape of children—or who has read the excerpts from ‘Hogg’ in the Castalia House blog post series ‘Safe Space as Rape Room’, and is still a free speech absolutist, is not a good person.

Anonymous VFM September 08, 2017 11:36 PM  

So when are we going to find out that BOTH Anglin and Torba are feds? Frankly, none of this smells right to me.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:39 PM  

Free speech should not be used to promote wickedness.

Because people have lost the ability to perceive wickedness, some one who can has to intervene.

Anonymous Sharrukin September 08, 2017 11:39 PM  

69. VFM September 08, 2017 11:32 PM

Vox NEVER said to call anyone pedophiles.

Yeah he did.

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/11/throw-out-oed.html

19. VD November 13, 2016 2:09 PM

How do you respond to someone that calls you a racist or other shaming word?

Call them a pedophile. Or a Satanist. Or something worse than a racist.

For the Nth time, it's NOT about making any fucking sense. How many times do I need to tell you this?

I do not understand those who hear someone babbling nonsense, then think responding by talking sense to them is somehow going to be relevant in any regard.

"But they're not a pedophile!"

So the fuck what?
You're not a racist.

Blogger Student in Blue September 08, 2017 11:40 PM  

I always hope and wish that one day, Gammas will understand that for other types, defending yourself does not require flipping out.

Blogger Lazarus September 08, 2017 11:40 PM  

VFM wrote:So when are we going to find out that BOTH Anglin and Torba are feds? Frankly, none of this smells right to me.

They do not have to BE feds, they just have to be advised by people that are Feds.

Anonymous Original H September 08, 2017 11:40 PM  

To those who say they might leave Gab over this: Why? Yes, Torba is throwing a tantrum. How does that diminish the value of the platform?

If he started banning people left & right like Twitter, I could see leaving, but the founder freaking out because a friend doesn't agree with him on all his ideas about free speech hardly affects the use of the platform...

That said, @27 bob mando, yeah, that sequence looks about right.

Anonymous Anonymous September 08, 2017 11:46 PM  

this is 2nd hand, but....

Good friend of mine works for Y Combinator (proper, as tech staff, not for one of the startups). Friend's opinion of Torba: "douchebag with a chip on his shoulder. Everything was always discrimination with this guy. Constant pain in the ass." ... i.e. Total Gamma

Torba is not someone to do business with, especially under social pressure. Let Gab die. There's no way it can survive him.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 08, 2017 11:47 PM  

It does not speak well of the intelligence of the commenters here that most of them think that a company will just hand over private information just because they were asked to do so. That is illegal just about everywhere.

Vox Day is clearly in the wrong but he is doubling down. I didn't realize that SJWs Always Lie was an autobiography.

Blogger Dr. Nguyen Van Phauc September 08, 2017 11:47 PM  

@ 73.

Yes, this is working out surprisingly well in terms of boosting Gab's e-cred with the younger, tech savvy Alt-Right types that are getting forced off other platforms

They probably will never really trust it, but if it's intended to get more of them to use it, it looks like it will work.

It's almost like a psy-op to raise Torba's e-cred. (Even if his bantz is kind of amateurish, people like that fighting spirit.)

Blogger Lemur September 08, 2017 11:48 PM  

Vox i took it upon myself to deliver the spirit of your Dark Lord message to those Anglin bots who have hijacked gab. The mere invocation of your persona sends them scurrying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAsJnX53Xsg

Anonymous JB September 08, 2017 11:48 PM  

Anonymous wrote:this is 2nd hand, but....

Good friend of mine works for Y Combinator (proper, as tech staff, not for one of the startups). Friend's opinion of Torba: "douchebag with a chip on his shoulder. Everything was always discrimination with this guy. Constant pain in the ass." ... i.e. Total Gamma

Torba is not someone to do business with, especially under social pressure. Let Gab die. There's no way it can survive him.

Blogger tz September 08, 2017 11:48 PM  

Now that the Devil (Diabolo - the "divider") has insured God's judgment with hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, etc. he has time to instigate petty quarrels. He lost to St. Michael, but is apparently actively recruiting.

Of course if you want to do blood-shots out of skulls, Planned Parenthood says it can help.

Anonymous Kat September 08, 2017 11:49 PM  

Twitter is hostile territory, and so long as the alt-reichtards have free reign at Gab so is it. Yeah, I can mute people. I've tried to use gab and can't get any traction due (at least partly) to the high number of whackadoodles and malignants who congregate there.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 08, 2017 11:49 PM  

@81 It sets a bad precedent. Nobody wants to be on a place where you can be libeled and possibly have your reputation ruined without any kind of recourse. VD is pretty much antifragile and that affects him little (other than violating his rule of never letting people attack his family), but can you imagine that happening to you?

Can you imagine what happens if your employer became aware of the fact that you are being acused of pedophilia on a social network?

And you can't even defend yourself because the site is shielding your accuser due to a overeaching ideal of free speech?

Blogger Mastermind September 08, 2017 11:49 PM  

@71

Not true, he offered it as general advice:

https://i.imgur.com/ATIZq4U.png

Blogger The Aardvark September 08, 2017 11:50 PM  

" just to get revenge on 3 nobodies for making fun of you."
Accusations of being a pedophile goes a shade beyond "making fun".

"With extreme prejudice" is the response indicated.

Blogger ZhukovG September 08, 2017 11:51 PM  

@Sharrukin: Calling someone a pedophile is an insult. Two posts I read specifically accused Vox of committing criminal sexual acts involving children. That is crossing the line and is something that needs to be dealt with immediately.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants September 08, 2017 11:51 PM  

The "Anglin Collective?" Some of you have got to get out of the comment section of this blog & stop with the whacky conspiracy theories. This stuff sounds nuts. You do realize all this, "Alt-retards this," "Alt-Reich that," also sounds like petty 14 yr old boys, dick waving, right? I guess it was too much to hope for large groups of such disparate men to set aside differences in the pursuit of a higher goal. Maybe I was the crazy one, thinking it could be done.

Blogger Mastermind September 08, 2017 11:52 PM  

@91 not true, context matters.

Blogger Michael Neal September 08, 2017 11:53 PM  

The platform is like a trailer park next to a nice neighborhood, nobody wants that shit next to their home. There has to be some better standards and stable leadership. I think the entire alt-right is coming down personally it's toxic because it tolerated the alt-retards for too long. Everyone who hears alt-right now thinks "Nazi". Time for a better movement and some soul searching. I've felt alone in the wilderness for so long because every political movement seems so flawed at the moment.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 08, 2017 11:54 PM  

@83 Originally, VD reported the posts and asked them to be removed. Gab refused. The escalation happened because Gab refuses to enforce their own ToS and Torba basically told VD: "Make me."

Blogger Thucydides September 08, 2017 11:55 PM  

So assuming this goes poorly and Gab explodes (or is it implodes?) is there a plan "C" in effect to provide an alternative Social Media messaging platform? Is there an already existing alternative to both Gab and Twitter?

I'm feeling a bit foolish for having spent a great deal of time promoting Gab and encouraging people to move to that platform, so I'd like to find a way to provide new alternatives if needed.

Blogger Solaire Of Astora September 08, 2017 11:56 PM  

Torba isn't even a free speech absolutist. Even if we somehow lived in a totally lawless society I doubt he'd allow people to post child porn on his platform, for instance. No doubt in my mind he'd remove it. I'd be amazed if he didn't have moral limits on what he considers acceptable. This over reaction is over where that moral limit lies since the law preexisted Gab (hence it's bull that VD is damaging Gab, the law that is being used here limited 'free speech' when it was passed into law, not when someone decided to exercise it).

Also, to that goofball who keeps saying the power of the state is being used to damage free speech here, you should know that free speech is defended by those very same guns considering it is enshrined in the very document that established the law. Swords have two edges.

Anonymous Wooly September 08, 2017 11:57 PM  

@75

If nobody was allowed to ever repost those images, you would never have seen them, and would never have known about this darkness that permeates the elite.

I agree with Raw Cringe above, for the most part. I don't laugh at Vox, though I disagree. If we revisit the 16 Points, "We don't care" is mentioned somewhere, I'm sure. Call me what you want.

Unless there are pics of Torba with one hand over one eye, with a monarch butterfly on his melon, wearing a t-shirt with a giant eye on it, while standing on a chessboard floor, then I think this action of Vox's is counterproductive.

If those pics DO exist, then yeah, GO VD!

Anonymous kHz September 08, 2017 11:58 PM  

The Fox News appearance was another stressful moment, clearly, and should have been handled better.

Whilst I can understand the annoyance at not knowing when you're going to be on, and it being last minute, and having an apparently 20 minute segment reduced to a mere few; they agreed to the terms before hand so it was a bit meh to call them out afterwards like they that.

Saying they were going to red pill the nation and drop massive bombs prior to their appearance was perhaps why they had their time curtailed.

The events of the last few weeks present themselves as fantastic learning opportunities. If one were so inclined.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 12:00 AM  

"Nobody wants to be on a place where you can be libeled and possibly have your reputation ruined without any kind of recourse".

This comment is moronic, and here is why. No company is going to offer up personal information of one of their customers just because you have a complaint. Facebook won't do it. Twitter won't do it. And Gab won't do it.

What would have been far worse is Gab offering up the personal information of those users as demanded by Vox Day. That would have been the end of Gab because they break the law and refuse to protect personal information. Gab rightly told Vox Day to **** off and get a court order (in a competent court not the third world courts of "Antigulla" that VD is talking about) if he wants the information.

This is the crux of it - Vox Day is having a hissy fit about not being able to impose a ToS on Gab (sound familiar), and then after that failing to get Gab to comply with his unlawful demand.

Truly absurd.

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 12:00 AM  

I wonder how many pedophiles are in the ranks of the dread ilk and vfm.
Will you guys tell me?

Blogger Cail Corishev September 09, 2017 12:01 AM  

Yes, Torba is throwing a tantrum. How does that diminish the value of the platform?

Seriously? A web site is just a program running on a computer. It can be turned off at any time, so a founder having "a tantrum" makes one wonder if he might decide to call the whole thing off. Using a social media platform is an investment of time; recommending it to friends is an investment of reputation. One generally tries not to invest those things into something that might just disappear or turn into something undesirable.

I'm not saying people should abandon it; I'm just saying it's reasonable for people to be thinking about it.

Blogger The Aardvark September 09, 2017 12:02 AM  

@94
If you're good with being accused of pedophilia, whatever the context, you just have fun with that.

Anonymous Strigiformes September 09, 2017 12:03 AM  

I'm with VD here but I understand Gab's position too, they clearly thought they were making something unprecedented in the history of the internet. A true free speech platform and several people have been showing them that is impossible. I sympathize with them, it's a grand ideal, but unworkable in reality. Whether they decide to go down swinging or not depends on how long it takes them to realize their ideals aren't workable.

Blogger Jack Ward September 09, 2017 12:03 AM  

Like a lot of regulars to this blog, today I'm wondering just WTF is going on.
I don't use any social media. Regard it all as a waste of time. But I really liked the idea of a replacement for twitter. Maybe Vox had some alarms go off in his thinking where Gab is concerned. Have no idea. I think I would still like to not see Gab break into little pieces and go into the dustbin of history. Maybe some sanity will rear its rare head.

Blogger allyn71 September 09, 2017 12:03 AM  

I think the entire alt-right is coming down personally it's toxic because it tolerated the alt-retards for too long.

Yep, indulging them was a mistake. They have always been failed losers, they fuck up anything they touch. Good thing they can't get laid and have kids.

Anonymous Wooly September 09, 2017 12:03 AM  

Eh, just scroll down at Vigilant Citizen and look at all the "Symbolic Pics of the Month" posts.

Somehow, people who rise to the top end up taking a one-eye publicity pic at some point in their careers. It's all random fashion, or fad, or something, right?

I bet GRRM has a few. Wouldn't surprise me if Yorba did, too. After all, he rose to the top.

Anonymous Battlefrog September 09, 2017 12:04 AM  

I thought VD was being silly with the libel claim. There is no credibility in an anon calling you a pedo, and absolutely no one would take it seriously. It can't compare to someone like CNN claiming the same. But he has every right to try and track them down by legal means. The optics aren't great, but I know he doesn't care. I don't see any 4D chess. I see him as extremely territorial when it comes to anything related to his children and fatherhood. That is the only reason he would go to such extremes on something like this. (The idea that his intention was to heroically try and sharpen Gab's iron against his own is just ridiculous, IMO.)

So that said, Torba had the high ground as far as optics were concerned. He should have professionally asked them to get a subpoena and leave it at that. So, the fact that he is now trying to turn it into a meme war is completely baffling to me. I think he actually is suffering from fatigue and is acting out under extreme stress. It's unfortunate that there is no one else at Gab who can pull him aside and tell him to get his shit together. The peanut gallery is cheering him on, and I understand their support, but it's hurting more than helping at this point.

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 12:04 AM  

"The events of the last few weeks present themselves as fantastic learning opportunities."

I hope Mr Torba has the opportunity to learn from these events. If Mr Torba does not curtail his grandstanding there will be reprecussions the next time Gab approaches investors for money to scale up his infrastructure. At the least the investors will ask him to step down from leadership.

Anonymous Rum Raisin September 09, 2017 12:05 AM  

the founder freaking out because a friend doesn't agree with him on all his ideas about free speech hardly affects the use of the platform...

Doesn't it?

Things that reveal a man's true character:

... How he deals with fame or fortune.

... How he chooses to deal with disagreement with a friend in public.

... How he responds under stress.

Anonymous Neobali September 09, 2017 12:08 AM  

Torba snapped. In just the past few days, he's been pushed around by a domain registrar, by Andrew Anglin & the Nazicucks, and now by Vox. I think he was feeling like a cuck and wanted to re-establish a sense of "alpha".

After Vox wins this conflict, Torba will probably hold a grudge forever.

Blogger SouthRon September 09, 2017 12:09 AM  

Thucydides, we need anti-social media.

If you're going to do a Facebook, Twitter, Gab or even an Infogalactic, a method of dealing with antisocial behavior needs to be naked in, whether the antisocial behavior is criminal behavior like libel or kiddie porn, or simple defacement of wiki pages you have to be prepared to deal with it before it shows up, or you will be left scrambling afterwards. Kinda like security, it's hard to bolt on afterwards and have a thorough and proper system. This is one of the many problems with MVP software delivery.

Blogger SouthRon September 09, 2017 12:09 AM  

Baked in

Blogger Lazarus September 09, 2017 12:10 AM  

"Andrew Torba is not ready for prime time"

Vox Day on darkstream.

Anonymous Dread Blacksmith September 09, 2017 12:10 AM  

Bingo, and obvious to anyone paying attention.

Blogger ZhukovG September 09, 2017 12:12 AM  

@Battlefrog: The posts went beyond simple insults to specifically suggesting actual knowledge of Vox committing criminal acts against children.

Again, if I call you a pedophile I may have insulted you, but I haven't accused you of committing a crime. If however I start describing the specific acts I am suggesting you are guilty of then that is a great deal more serious.

Blogger Nate September 09, 2017 12:14 AM  

Torba is why people with poor emotional control should not run things

Anonymous andon September 09, 2017 12:14 AM  

not looking good here:

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/140832467/vox-gay-getting-absolutely-wrecked-by-torba-and

Blogger S1AL September 09, 2017 12:14 AM  

Watching the CEO of a tech company throw a public bitch-fit about a customer complaint doesn't exactly instill me with a huge amount of confidence.

Anonymous Freestater September 09, 2017 12:16 AM  

The real question is, how will Mike ((( new media ))) Cernovich make money off this saga!

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 09, 2017 12:18 AM  

@101 Gab already has a ToS. VD merely requested that they enforce it. Their own community guidelines say they obey all laws regarding Free Speech, which we know to not to cover libel.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab September 09, 2017 12:19 AM  

Torah should have just asked for a court order and kept quiet until it was all over. If he says he cannot turn over the info unless he's served he can hardly complain when someone seeks a court order.

Blogger 1337kestrel September 09, 2017 12:20 AM  

As near as I can tell, Andrew Torba and @u freaked out and took it completely the wrong way when Vox approached them about how he was going to lay waste to gab trolls.

However... Vox, please get some rest and don't post about the drama any more for 24 hours.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab September 09, 2017 12:20 AM  

Torba damn spell check.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener September 09, 2017 12:20 AM  

@117 No, one of the posts claimed Vox viewed pictures of prepubescent boys, which is not a crime. The innuendo may be that it's child porn but that's not explicitly stated.

And as far as Torba goes, this isn't just about Vox. Some other guy has said he contacted the DNS registrar because he was called a child rapist, and I think that is what really pissed Torba off. He's trying to send a message that he won't tolerate endless demands for noncriminal speech to be taken down.

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 12:20 AM  

I wouldn't trust someone as emotionally incontinent as Vox around kids. "Supreme Dark Lord?". Seek psychiatric help now!!!

Anonymous Looking Glass September 09, 2017 12:21 AM  

I see the Alt-Reichtards are attempting to recreate what happened on election night making this their own echo chamber. Ha.

I expected them to wait until a few hours before the beatdown Vox is going to give before claiming victory. They're trying early. Sad!


@120 S1AL

Correct. It's why Torba needs to knock it off and de-escalate. His emotions have gotten the better of himself. Get offline for the weekend and get some rest.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 09, 2017 12:22 AM  

@106 I think VD is following the advice Milo gave on his book. Milo repeatedly states that he quickly sues whoever libels him and that anyone from the right should do the same. The point is to prevent a narrative.

Blogger 1337kestrel September 09, 2017 12:23 AM  

Again, if I call you a pedophile I may have insulted you, but I haven't accused you of committing a crime. If however I start describing the specific acts I am suggesting you are guilty of then that is a great deal more serious.

This is where you're misunderstanding the system. Being a pedophile is not a "criminal" offense, but any allegations of pedophilia can be used to take your children away forever. There is no due process because The Children.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener September 09, 2017 12:24 AM  

@127 Shut up, Rufus.

Blogger SmockMan September 09, 2017 12:26 AM  

It's sad to see Andrew crack under the pressure from the last week or so. GAB had promise, but I dunno now...

Anonymous LurkingPuppy September 09, 2017 12:27 AM  

Wooly wrote:If nobody was allowed to ever repost those images, you would never have seen them, and would never have known about this darkness that permeates the elite.
That's not what I mean. The stuff we have seen, because the ruling class takes pride in it, is sickening to any normal person. Actual child pornography is much, much worse.

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 12:27 AM  

"Vile Faceless Minions" "Dread Ilk" WTF!
The neighbors probably watch their kids when you freaks are out and about.

Blogger Heian-kyo Dreams September 09, 2017 12:28 AM  

At the rate Torba is going, he might dox his own customers. He's acting erratically. Hope a good night's sleep does him well.

Blogger S1AL September 09, 2017 12:29 AM  

Noah, why are you playing idiot semantic word games about what calling someone a "pedophile" means? Your spergy defense lately is getting a little odd.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 12:29 AM  

122. Leandro Novaes

"Gab already has a ToS. VD merely requested that they enforce it. Their own community guidelines say they obey all laws regarding Free Speech, which we know to not to cover libel."

When will we see a book called "Vox Day Followers Always Lie"? Because since the start of this saga all I have seen is deceitful shilling

https://gab.ai/about/guidelines

Gab doesn't make determinations about what is libelous or not. That is decided by a court of law.

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 12:32 AM  

Wait a minute, didn't Vox used to believe in that ridiculous "Neanderthals were wiped out by Melonheads from space" bullshit. Is Koanic still here? Im sure he is DONE with Vox after all this faggotry.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener September 09, 2017 12:33 AM  

@136 I mention it because it would likely come up in court. I would just like to see this whole shitshow die a sudden death. It's not good for anyone.

Blogger Ransom Smith September 09, 2017 12:33 AM  

@137 I'm willing to bet serious money the ToS were in fact violated.
Care to wager if this rule was broken?
You will not create multiple accounts on Gab with overlapping uses

Why didn't Torba remove those accounts as per the ToS? Really makes ya think.

Blogger Sevron September 09, 2017 12:34 AM  

Can't understand Torba's actions. Have no idea about the legal merits, but I don't think there's any way to actually get Vox to back off from his goal.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 12:44 AM  

140. Ransom Smith,

If you have proof of overlapping accounts, report it. I see no evidence of it so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Blogger Ransom Smith September 09, 2017 12:46 AM  

@142 Looks like Ransom is getting paid!
How can you be on the internet and be so dumb as to not know about sock accounts?

Anonymous LurkingPuppy September 09, 2017 12:47 AM  

Matt@Occidentalism.org wrote:https://gab.ai/about/guidelines
Hmm.
Gab AI Inc wrote (emphasis added):Gab has a zero tolerance policy for all illegal pornography. Applicable materials will be removed and relevant accounts will be dealt with appropriately as per the advice of our legal counsel. We reserve the right to ban accounts that share said material in question. We may also report the user(s) to local and/or federal law enforcement, as per the advice of our legal counsel.
Their legal counsel, if they have ever had any, is utterly incompetent. Reporting child pornography to the Feds is not optional; if they discover it in the course of operating their service, they MUST report it to NCMEC. See 18 USC § 2258A.

Anonymous Wooly September 09, 2017 12:47 AM  

LP. if we had never seen it because it wasn't allowed to be posted, (the Pizzagate images), we would never have known about it.

Let the enemy talk. Let them expose themselves. They're getting pretty bold about that, lately.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 12:47 AM  

141. Sevron,

"Can't understand Torba's actions. Have no idea about the legal merits, but I don't think there's any way to actually get Vox to back off from his goal"

He isn't asking Vox Day to back off. He is asking Vox Day to get a court order from a competent court. Not a third world court like "Antigulla" like Vox Day has been talking of recently.

There is no way that Vox Day can win this case, especially when he himself has given advice to call detractors "pedophiles". You can't win a lawsuit against someone following your advice.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 09, 2017 12:48 AM  

@140 As I said a long time ago, back on the start of the thread, I suspect those accounts are related to Gab somehow. I think they may be employee sockpuppets.

Blogger John Deer September 09, 2017 12:49 AM  

>abstract moral principles don't exist as laws of the physical universe, therefore I won't aspire to them.
>Time to sue a troll

Truly only 200 IQ expat tri-racialists can aspire to understand the Kurt Eichenwald maneuver.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 12:51 AM  

143. Ransom Smith,

"How can you be on the internet and be so dumb as to not know about sock accounts?"

I know of the concept of sock accounts. I am asking where your proof is that the 3 accounts that VD complained about were sock accounts.

Kindly follow the rules of this blog, one of which is "you are expected to back up your assertions". Put up or shut up.

Blogger Matt September 09, 2017 12:51 AM  

Xanatos ploz

Blogger SemiSpook37 September 09, 2017 12:53 AM  

The posturing is what did it for me. I saw ZMan telling Torba that once counsel was invoked, all communications needed to go through said counsel. The doubling down, including the alpha posturing and the snark, really isn't helping Torba and Utsav in any way. The Alt-Retards are loving it, because to them it's one gigantic pig sty to wallow in, but for those of us supportive of both Gab AND VD, it's some really bad optics.

I've gone from both Torba and VD being right to subtly pulling in favor of the Supreme Dark Lord. He does not suffer fools lightly, and the foolishness displayed by Torba and Utsav should definitely give us pause. If you're going to sperg out on a couple of names, I'd hate to see what happens in a Cloudfire-on-TDS shutdown situation that'll likely be executed for less.

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 12:53 AM  

"You can't win a lawsuit against someone following your advice."

Matt please provide proof that the three posters on Gab followed the exact advice of VD. As you pointed out the rules of the blog either retract or provide proof.

Blogger Matt September 09, 2017 12:54 AM  

Watch out guys..hes way more alpha

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener September 09, 2017 12:56 AM  

@152 It's all over Gab. Here is just one instance but there are others.

Blogger Cail Corishev September 09, 2017 12:59 AM  

He's trying to send a message that he won't tolerate endless demands for noncriminal speech to be taken down.

The time to send that message was probably when he received the first such demand, not the second one. Caving to the first one -- regardless of whether he had any real choice -- guaranteed there would be more.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 09, 2017 12:59 AM  

@154 So you're saying VD called them racist so they played his own advice against him by calling him a pedophile?

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 1:00 AM  

@154. Did they indicate they were calling people pedophiles because of what VD wrote? If the 3 posters on Gab did not state they were following the advice of VD then how can said advice be used to counter the legal action being brought forward by VD?

Blogger Lemur September 09, 2017 1:00 AM  

https://kek.gg/i/3w32h3.png

hot takes from /pol/

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 1:02 AM  

152. Chiva,

"Matt please provide proof that the three posters on Gab followed the exact advice of VD. As you pointed out the rules of the blog either retract or provide proof."

How do you respond to someone that calls you a racist or other shaming word?

Call them a pedophile. Or a Satanist. Or something worse than a racist.

For the Nth time, it's NOT about making any fucking sense. How many times do I need to tell you this?

I do not understand those who hear someone babbling nonsense, then think responding by talking sense to them is somehow going to be relevant in any regard.

"But they're not a pedophile!"

So the fuck what? You're not a racist.

http://voxday.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/throw-out-oed.html#c811805376896174815

Vox Day also gave similar advice on twitter. Also on the Daily Shoah episode 81.

This whole thing is idiotic. Vox Day should get his IQ retested. His latest periscope was delusion. If he believes what he was saying in it he should get help.

Blogger rekrapt September 09, 2017 1:02 AM  

Something simply doesn't seem right about this whole thing. It reeks of an intentional attempt to damage Vox over his criticisms of the #AltReich retards. Makes me wonder if the Gab folks are secret Jew-haters. Weird.

Blogger SirHamster September 09, 2017 1:03 AM  

Going to keep my opinion to myself and wait things out for the weekend, but I subscribed to Gab as a VFM supporting Alt-Tech.

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 09, 2017 1:04 AM  

"No company is going to offer up personal information of one of their customers just because you have a complaint."

Unless you're Gab.

And you randomly decide to ignore libel but publish private emails because you have a complaint.

OpenID thetroll September 09, 2017 1:05 AM  

> It's obvious that Vox was putting Gab to the test to see how they would handle a confrontation. If you thought Vox was being rough with Gab, you haven't even begun to consider how rough the SJWs would be once they run one of their swarming attacks on Gab complete with Soros funding backup for lawsuits.

Yup, that was what I figured too, Vox was using this as a chance to see how Gab would handle the kind of thing that was bound to happen once the SJWs burrowed out of the dying carcass of Twitter and humped themselves over to Gab.

Then it ... got kinda weird ...

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 1:07 AM  

162. VFM #6306

"Unless you're Gab.

And you randomly decide to ignore libel but publish private emails because you have a complaint."

You have it back to front, shill. It was Vox Day that threatened to release emails first. Torba's threat to release was contingent on Vox Day releasing.

Gab rejected Vox Day's unlawful demand for private information. BTFOd.

Blogger pyrrhus September 09, 2017 1:08 AM  

My reaction is that the situation has escalated completely out of control, which really cannot be a good thing for either party.

Anonymous Ivan Throne September 09, 2017 1:09 AM  

@163 - I know better than to impute motivation to Vox Day, but this is not insensible speculation.

I think the most likely answer is quite simple.

He doesn't care.

I do respect that.

Regards,

Ivan

Blogger Retrenched September 09, 2017 1:10 AM  

Me too.

Blogger John Deer September 09, 2017 1:13 AM  

Ivan Throne is probably the only person weaker and cringier than creepy Vox Day.
"Dark Triad Man"...
Another gamma compensating for lifelong losing!

Anonymous Wooly September 09, 2017 1:13 AM  

Ivan, if Vox didn't care, he wouldn't be acting this way, in this situation.

I'm mystified. Could be 4-D chess, for all I know.

Anonymous Jack Amok September 09, 2017 1:13 AM  

I know you don't need my opinion or approval Vox, but I'm behind you 100% anyway.

Blogger Cynic In Chief September 09, 2017 1:13 AM  

@109
Good summary. Everyone here seems to be Anglin trolls, chicken littles, and a few have their head on straight.

First of all, Gab isn't falling apart and the sky isn't falling. They're sticking to their guns and not letting Vox get an exception to their privacy policy. Vox may not like it, but it's the best way to keep Gab as open as possible. Take your ball and go home, but the rest of us are enjoying the free speech that Gab has.

Second, to all the people who want Gab to start censoring idiots: If you want censors, go back to Twitter. You want your cake and want to eat it too. The only way to get a platform censored the way you want it is to start your own (call it Conservitwitter), but that will go about as far as Conservipedia. Put together a list of idiots and mute them all, but don't go around demanding that Torba become your private filter.

Third, Vox has his share of the blame here. It's not surprising Torba threatened to release calls/emails since Vox did that right before he did. The Aguilla threat was stupid, Vox was threatening to do to Torba what the SJWs attempted to do. Besides, even if he was to get a libel judgement in Aguilla it would be meaningless in the US per the SPEECH act. Vox was hypocritical about calling people pedophiles as counter-rhetoric, but it was from ignorance instead of malice (which he admitted on yesterday's darkstream).

Fourth, there's a reason that I called it "nearly absolute free speech". Child pornography is always illegal and has to be removed to avoid possession charges. Even Tor and I2P, which can't prevent it from being on their network due to their design keep it out of almost all their public areas. Most of the rest are clear-cut (terrorism as listed on the state department list), require takedown notices (copyright infringement), or require legal judgements. Since it's a civil suit, Gab lets the courts decide whether a post is libelous or not. Vox has a good case, but due to their privacy policies Gab isn't just going to hand out people's info.

Both Vox and Torba can de-escalate this, and they need to do it fairly soon to avoid serious damage to their friendship. Stop the threats, stop the saber-rattling, and let the legal system work. Focus your fire on the retards behind this instead of letting them bait you into a civil war with an ally.

Anonymous Ooh lol lol September 09, 2017 1:14 AM  

VFM and Dread Ilk are reaching Louise Mensch levels of delusion in order to deal with the cognitive dissonance of their fearless leader being exposed as a faggoty gamma. The rats are abandoning this sinking ship in droves, and who can blame them? Most of Vox's casual readership - the real measure of his influence - have already abandoned him after seeing his true colors in this episode. The Dread Ilk are beginning to trickle away as well. Soon only the true believers will remain - utterly blinded by self-delusion. They will no doubt go down with the ship. Hell, who knows, maybe this blog will even still be around in another year. But by then it will just be Vox rambling to himself while a dozen of the world's most cringeworthy online cult members circle jerk each other in the comments. "MUH GAMMA! MUH IQ! MUH ALT-RETARD!"

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is nothing but pain ahead for Vox Day and the Ilk. Within two years Vox will be reduced to making appearances at gay bathhouses alongside MILO and eight black gentlemen, in a collaborative piece of performance art they will call, "THE DARK LORD MEETS THE DARK CONTINENT." But don't panic, Dread Ilk, Vox will still have a valuable role for you - someone has the prep the bulls.

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 1:15 AM  

"How do you respond to someone that calls you a racist or other shaming word?"

I don't care if someone calls me a racist or some other "shaming" word. But if that someone broadcasts to the public false accusations that I do illegal activities then I will take that person to court.

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 09, 2017 1:16 AM  

@164 VD situation wasn't the first case. They got a complaint last week about a NSFW post, and promptly took it down because it violated the guidelines. Keep in mind that the post wasn't even illegal. It was obscene (that is allowed on the platform) but wasn't tagged as NSFW. That was enough for them to take the post down.

However, VD got libelled, which is actually against the law, and they suddenly decided to double down on "free speech."

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener September 09, 2017 1:16 AM  

@157 All they have to do is claim that they were following Vox's advice at the time they made the defamatory statements and their claim will be presumed to be true unless they can somehow be refuted (good luck with that).

Would that be enough to get them off the hook? I don't know for certain, but a defendant following a script provided by a plaintiff almost verbatim is an unusual element to a defamation suit.

Anonymous Wooly September 09, 2017 1:17 AM  

And, I also understand that Vox may not care what people think about his actions, regarding this libel. Personally, I wouldn't care about the libel in the first place, but if I decided to care about it, and take action, and were of Vox's mind, I suppose I would deign to care about people's reactions to that action.

It's not confusing at all.

Anonymous Ivan Throne September 09, 2017 1:19 AM  

@169 - I refer to whether Vox cares about the poor control I see coming from Gab executive management.

As a business professional I do not find Gab's corporate conduct to be sustainable.

We will, of course, see.

Regards,

Ivan

Anonymous HoosierHillbilly September 09, 2017 1:19 AM  

Aww heck, quit the hand wringing. "I just don't know if I can follow the alt-right label any longer! It has been overtaken."

Its three to four iterations away from anything like a nice, little, national platform like you are dreaming of. Political swings and shifts don't magically appear in a final portfolio, all ready to go. We are in the action phase boys, and if you are just playing along at home like me, then enjoy this fascinating stage in the ride.

This sure beats the drudgery of the alternating MonoParty in the US before this.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 09, 2017 1:20 AM  

"Gab rejected Vox Day's unlawful demand for private information. BTFOd."

You people really aren't tall enough for this ride.


@162 VFM #6306

Gab's original position of "not clear TOS violations that may be libelous" to leave a desire for PII on the party that's potentially been libeled to see legal redress isn't the worst option. Most Libel will fall in such a way that it would violate the TOS. The current case is such that it can fall right in that gray area between Gab's policies and need for legal recourse.

By the time this is done, calling someone is a pedophile that isn't will be classified as a TOS violation, with the post removed. It's a specific "edge case" because it has potential real-world harm implications just for making the charge.

@163 thetroll

I think Torba has had an exhausting couple of weeks and took something the wrong way. Emotions escalated from that, for him, and now he needs to de-escalate the situation.

Anonymous User September 09, 2017 1:21 AM  

@166 What's your brother's take on Torba?

Blogger Leandro Novaes September 09, 2017 1:23 AM  

@171 I tend to tell people "Everybody is a conservative. We only draw different sand lines on where we should start the conservation."

Your speech is nice and all. Until it is you.

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 1:24 AM  

@Noah. If the 3 poster had followed VD's script then they would have stopped at "pedophile". The contents of their posts went beyond that.

Anonymous kHz September 09, 2017 1:25 AM  

Torba reposting this gab from an account named 'Hitler was right':
One of the perks for you @a of Gab being a free speech platform is that by mocking a certain (now former) customer you are actually reinforcing your image as a free speech advocate, whereas ingratiating yourself to this whiny customer, as many business owners would do, would weaken that image.

AltRetards have a retarding ray, confirmed.

Anonymous Charlottesvillain September 09, 2017 1:25 AM  

rekrapt wrote:Something simply doesn't seem right about this whole thing. It reeks of an intentional attempt to damage Vox over his criticisms of the #AltReich retards. Makes me wonder if the Gab folks are secret Jew-haters. Weird.
Nazis here, nazis there, nazis everywhere!

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 1:26 AM  

Just realized Spacebunny is a female(?) version of Bill Whittle. Gross.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 1:27 AM  

171. Cynic In Chief

"Both Vox and Torba can de-escalate this, and they need to do it fairly soon to avoid serious damage to their friendship. Stop the threats, stop the saber-rattling, and let the legal system work".

That is a very good summation, except for the first line. I tried to reach him in a previous thread but he is being egged on by his shills feeding his negative ego. He even insinuated that I am a swastika loving hater of God.

I don't think there are any Anglin trolls here because there is no coordinated campaign. Its just people that have seen Vox Day's recent antics on Gab and been offended by the BS. If you watch his latest Periscope in which he talks about Torba's 'threat' to release emails, Vox Day is totally deceptive, denying his role (as per your third point).

I am inclined to think that Vox Day is having some sort of nervous breakdown. Either that or I was wrong about him.

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 1:28 AM  

I dont believe the pedophile rumor, but Id keep Vox (And the mentally deranged Dread Ilk) away from kids just to be safe.

Blogger Sentient Spud September 09, 2017 1:29 AM  

It seems a lot of the people in the Torba camp are missing the optics here.

Now, I will preface this by saying that I know only the following: 1) Vox wanted three posts removed, 2) Torba told him to get a court order, 3) significant drama has followed. If there is more, it hasn't been factored into this analysis.

How exactly is Gab supposed to be a viable micro-blogging alternative when one guy can cause this much trouble so easily? One. Guy.

How are Torba and company supposed to stand up to any real assault on their platform (i.e. media targeting of registrars and other service providers Gab is dependent on to function) if this is all it takes to get under the executives' skin?

Nazis?

That's distasteful, but it's free speech.

White supremacists?

That's distasteful, but it's free speech.

You want posts calling you a pedophile removed?

Not on my watch! See you in court!

This tells anyone with functional eyes that Gab does not have the leadership or the demographics to supplant Twitter. Not because it is or isn't libel. Not because it is or isn't "muh free speech." Rather, because it demonstrates quite clearly that Torba and crew are strategically ill-equipped to fight the adversary. They want to do everything by the letter of the book (like conservatives and libertarians) in an arena that only rewards marketing and rhetoric. And their vocal user base, the ones whose accounts will be paraded on TV, don't care about Nazis or abusive posts calling people pedophiles...because free speech.

The media and other platforms will use this to limit Gab's market appeal to that of a Tor-tier service.

Gab just played itself.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener September 09, 2017 1:29 AM  

@155 Are you referring to Anglin's Heather Heyer post? If so, the major difference is that the complaint about Anglin's post came from the registrar and they weren't left with any good immediate options. But Torba is working on setting up his own registrar so that Gab won't be subject to that kind of blackmail once the new registrar is up. But until that's done Torba is between a rock and a hard place. Vox's threat of a suit isn't a problem in itself, only a minor annoyance, but to the extent that it influences others to demand that Gab take down defamatory speech and then complain to the registrar if they don't comply, there's an existential threat to Gab here.

Anonymous HoosierHillbilly September 09, 2017 1:30 AM  

Give it about seventy more comments before someone types "Guam will tip over and capsize!" into their breathless fantasies of downfall.

Blogger Woo September 09, 2017 1:33 AM  

Vox will tip over and capsize!

Blogger ZhukovG September 09, 2017 1:34 AM  

@HoosierHillbilly: Ah Guam, lovely island, good food, great scuba diving.

Blogger Matt@Occidentalism.org September 09, 2017 1:34 AM  

173. Chiva,

"I don't care if someone calls me a racist or some other "shaming" word. But if that someone broadcasts to the public false accusations that I do illegal activities then I will take that person to court."

You asked for evidence of what your fearless leader wrote, and I provided it. Vox Day told people to call their detractors pedophiles, and he got called a pedophile. This is the reason he got called that particular word rather than another word.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 09, 2017 1:34 AM  

Matt@Occidentalism.org wrote:There is no way that Vox Day can win this case, especially when he himself has given advice to call detractors "pedophiles". You can't win a lawsuit against someone following your advice.
Learn that in law school, did ya?
you have no f***ing clue as to what constitutes libel. But by God you're gonna shriek your uninformed opinion!

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 1:36 AM  

@Matt.
I took cause with you statement "You can't win a lawsuit against someone following your advice."
Again, how do you know they were following VD's advice?

Blogger Chiva September 09, 2017 1:37 AM  

Good to see you again Snidely.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 09, 2017 1:38 AM  

Noah B The Savage Gardener wrote:If so, the major difference is that the complaint about Anglin's post came from the registrar and they weren't left with any good immediate options.
And who complained to the registrar? We all know it was Anglin or or one of his fork-in-toaster brigadiers.
Noah B The Savage Gardener wrote:Vox's threat of a suit isn't a problem in itself, only a minor annoyance, but to the extent that it influences others to demand that Gab take down defamatory speech and then complain to the registrar if they don't comply, there's an existential threat to Gab here.
That is a completely hypothetical concern. Vox has never indicated in the slightest that he would even consider do so.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 09, 2017 1:39 AM  

Hi Chiva.

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 09, 2017 1:40 AM  

"Gab rejected Vox Day's unlawful demand for private information. BTFOd."

Then turned around and threatened to release private phone calls and emails for no other reason but "angry 'alpha.'"

Because "principles?" Because "free speech?"

No. Because amateur.

Now Torba is stuck accepting Utsav's white supremacy libel and only having chortling AltReich for support as he runs a doxxing service.

Talk about unintended consequences.

I'm guessing temper + money/scaling stress made for a terrible mix.

Anonymous Scintan September 09, 2017 1:42 AM  

81 emails?

This just keeps getting more ridiculous.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine September 09, 2017 1:42 AM  

This isn't hard. SJWs are a retarded cannibal-shitstorm. Nazi LARPlets are a retarded long-pork-shitstorm.

Torba decided to let the retarded long-pork-shitstorm continue their retarded shitstorming instead of forcing them to behave like adults, because this is where Torba planted his white knight flag.

This is bad news for Torba, because neither people nor reality care about the abstract "ideal" of free speech. They both care about Truth, by nature.

This is easily demonstrated in a very simple fable that I'd expect nearly everyone is familiar with. The story of the boy who cried wolf. A young boy, who lives in a small village screams "Wolf! Wolf!" just for the fun of it, to see people react. Eventually, they no longer come running when he screams "Wolf! Wolf!", because he's lied about it so many times. Turns out that this time there actually IS a wolf, and the boy gets eaten (in some variations of the story he's a shepherd and the sheep get eaten as well, or the wolf eats the boy's younger siblings also).

Are we going to support his free speech? Sure, right up until he's got some of our sheep in the flock that is inevitably going to be eaten by wolves along with him. Should he be crying wolf, and as a twist on the fable (to match more closely the Nazi LARPing) even dressing up as one at the same time? Heck no, and a responsible society will punish him for it, assuming he survives the attempt.

Torba has decided to protect the boy (Anglin and Co.) from the responsible legal punishments they ought to receive for their moronic actions, and he did this by effectively saying that he himself will guard the boy against wolves.

Vox is demonstrating that Torba, in fact, has no intention of guarding against wolves, contrary to his statement. If Torba keeps his word, does his legal duty and calms down, he'll live. If not, Vox will bitchslap him with both the law and Torba's own hypocrisy.

If Torba still doesn't/can't learn from that... inevitably he'll leave himself open to the cannibalistic rabbits that his rabbit-squealing will call.


BTW, Sharrukin, just about every time you post here anymore, my opinion of you and your self-discipline falls drastically. This happens because you repeatedly demonstrate your inability/unwillingness to get a grip on your rage-feels (read: juvenile butthurt) and use something else to think with.

Here's the important thing, Sharrukin. Truth matters. Any lesser thing posing as it, or attempting to substitute for it as a virtue, will eventually and inevitably be ripped to shreds by reality because the Truth is ultimately inviolable.

Nazi LARP? Not truth aligned. If you cling to it, you'll get ripped to shreds along with it. If you cling to people who cling to it, you'll get ripped to shreds along with them. The LARPlets repeatedly demonstrate their adherence to their own set of lies, and they WILL die by their lies if they don't wake up.

Are you going to throw yourself on the pyre with them?

1 – 200 of 383 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts