ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The rise of the real alternative

Senator-to-be Roy Moore is what the real alternative Right looks like. Anti-establishment, Christian, nationalist, and populist.
Firebrand jurist Roy Moore has won the Alabama Republican primary for U.S. Senate, defeating an appointed incumbent backed by President Donald Trump and allies of Sen. Mitch McConnell. In an upset likely to rock the party establishment, Moore clinched victory Tuesday over Sen. Luther Strange to win the GOP nomination for the Senate seat previously held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Moore will face Democrat Doug Jones in a Dec. 12 special election.

Moore is the state's former chief justice who was twice removed from his duties for defying federal courts over same-sex marriage and the public display of the Ten Commandments. Propelled by evangelical voters, Moore consolidated support from a number of anti-establishment forces, including former White House strategist Steve Bannon.

Incumbent Sen. Luther Strange wished jurist Roy Moore well after losing the Alabama Republican primary for Senate. Strange told his supporters Tuesday night that "we wish (Moore) well going forward."

But he quickly shifted to his own bewilderment at the race he just finished. "We're dealing with a political environment that I've never had any experience with," he said. "I'm telling you, the political seas and winds in this country right now ... are very hard to navigate, very hard to understand."
And this is why it is a mistake for the Alt Lite to fear accepting the Alt-Right label. The failed attempts of Richard Spencer, Greg Johnson, and Andrew Anglin to "brand" it as their own preferred ideology are no more significant than the attempts of the media to brand it as National Socialism.

But it doesn't matter what it is called. You can't kill an inevitable philosophy with guilt-by-association. The conservative movement has failed. The libertarian movement has failed. The neo-liberal world order has failed. Multiculturalism has failed. Civic nationalism has failed.

An alternative Right is the only possible alternative to the failed right-wing ideologies and philosophies of the past. The label is irrelevant, what is clear is that whatever it is is an alternative, it is Right, and it is winning.

Notice that Roy Moore has seen considerably more setbacks than the average individual. He has seen far more pressure and opposition from the Republican and media establishments, and been literally discredited and disqualified. But now he is very likely to be the next Senator from Alabama, because the Alt-Right is inevitable.

Labels: ,

146 Comments:

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) September 27, 2017 5:20 AM  

Make
Alabama
Great
Again


( implying that it's not right now, just to tweak Nate )

Blogger Al From Bay Shore September 27, 2017 5:30 AM  

And if Bannon were still in the White House, he never would have been able to throw his support and influence behind Moore's campaign.

On a side note, every time I see the name "Roy Moore", I read it as "Rudy Ray Moore".

Blogger SteelPalm September 27, 2017 5:31 AM  

Read a very good article about Judge Roy Moore recently;

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/267989/two-fighters-come-together-alabama-daniel-greenfield

As the article notes, Moore is a hell of a fighter even in the face of overwhelming hatred and opposition from the Left. A man like that is never going to compromise or cuck on his convictions.

Blogger wreckage September 27, 2017 5:35 AM  

Voters will keep moving Right until they get what they want.

Primarily, they want a nation again. With borders. Maybe even a flag?

There is no limit to how far from the center they will go to get this; note that all the media's "TRUMP BETRAYED YOOOOOU" hype has done has pushed voters FURTHER right.

If Trump and co. don't want to see more of this, they need to get cracking on the wall, get immigration ordered again, and start removing illegals. If they don't... people will keep moving right until they find someone who will. There is nothing more fundamental to a nation than its sovereign territory. Nothing.

Anonymous Sammy September 27, 2017 5:42 AM  

Trumpism is bigger than Trump.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 5:42 AM  

Moore gave away an AR-15 the other day. Twitter seemed in agreement that's only a 1/2 point. He should have shot a journalist to ensure a 60% result.


More on point, something I've been contemplating is that much of the problem with all of the post-1850s ideologies is they actually don't believe in anything tangible. All Leftist variants are Utopian. The "conservative" Leftism cares more about Style & Approach than anything tangible.

Maybe this was Bill Buckley's biggest issue: he wanted a Leftism that was grounded in Reality. But we all know that isn't possible, which explains so much of the problems on the "Right". We can contrast this with Judge Moore, who's believes in something & has fought for it. It took the right opportunity to vault to the National level, but that did finally happen.

A very interesting contrast. I look forward to Sen. Moore & Rock putting forward co-sponsored bills. Because, why not? Best Timeline.

Anonymous TheTruthIsNeverAcceptable September 27, 2017 5:48 AM  

I have been a Moore fan for a long time. I love how he took out a handgun at his rally last night to show his support for the second amendment.

On a side note, crazy Hillery said in an interview in which she compared Trump to Putin: "Hopefully He Hasn’t Ordered the Killing of People and Journalists."

If that is not a case of SJW projection, I don't know what is. Look in the mirror woman.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 5:53 AM  

@4 wreckage

As our first poop of the thread shows, there's a clear angle they want to push on this. But the thing coastals don't understand is that the non-urban areas actually better understand the nature of politics than the corrupt city livers do.

As for Trump's "support" of Strange, it wasn't exactly the most sterling push for Strange. That was pretty clear horse-trading. Supporting Strange produced the best results for MAGA & Trump. A populist, right-side Firebrand that also isn't going to be played by the media is extremely valuable for Trump. Heller & Flake are only getting artillery fire from Trump.

As for the non-coastal electorate, they'll keep moving more quietly violent with each passing phase. Eventually you get a Duterte. People do understand that you can solve a lot of problems by killing them. The problem becomes the Left will do everything in their power to make the response have to be worse & worse. That will end badly... for them.

Blogger Lovekraft September 27, 2017 6:03 AM  

As more people wake up to truth, the efforts to hide it intensify (firings, obfuscation, distraction).

These efforts go against human instinct to determine the condition of their environment (if only we were allowed to worry about our immediate surroundings, but the cultural marxists have eliminated this with there pervasiveness)

The Damore firing at google is a perfect example. Other than the vanilla milkshake mary sues and their Indian h1b1 cabal, it toxifies the environment that no amount of 'inclusiveness training' can ameliorate.

Blogger Lovekraft September 27, 2017 6:03 AM  

*their

Blogger AdognamedOp September 27, 2017 6:09 AM  

What the hell is a "Firebrand"?

Anonymous Aeoli Pera September 27, 2017 6:23 AM  

a person who is passionate about a particular cause, typically inciting change and taking radical action.
"a political firebrand"
synonyms: radical, revolutionary, agitator, rabble-rouser, incendiary, subversive, troublemaker
"a group of political firebrands"

Anonymous Aeoli Pera September 27, 2017 6:28 AM  

On a side note, crazy Hillery said in an interview in which she compared Trump to Putin: "Hopefully He Hasn’t Ordered the Killing of People and Journalists."

If that is not a case of SJW projection, I don't know what is. Look in the mirror woman.


I wonder whether the strings "Assange" or "Can't we just drone this guy?" appear in her new book.

Anonymous Mandos September 27, 2017 6:33 AM  

"I'm telling you, the political seas and winds in this country right now ... are very hard to navigate, very hard to understand."

These are the words of the POTUS-endorsed candidate in a conservative state primary.

Yeah, very hard to understand indeed, cupcake. Tell us, you seasoned veteran of such a complex political landscape: what part of BUILD THE FUCKING WALL keeps eluding you?

Blogger Cataline Sergius September 27, 2017 6:38 AM  

Steve Bannon is back to being "The Kingmaker."

Blogger SouthRon September 27, 2017 6:39 AM  

I like the *old* Webster 1828 definition.

2. An incendiary; one who inflames factions, or causes contention and mischief.

He also doesn't mind drawing fire from the enemy. Senator-to-be Moore is the perfect example of our own motto. We don't care.

Blogger Elizabeth September 27, 2017 6:39 AM  

TheTruthIsNeverAcceptable wrote:I have been a Moore fan for a long time. I love how he took out a handgun at his rally last night to show his support for the second amendment.

On a side note, crazy Hillery said in an interview in which she compared Trump to Putin: "Hopefully He Hasn’t Ordered the Killing of People and Journalists."

If that is not a case of SJW projection, I don't know what is. Look in the mirror woman.


Sheesh. Ever hear of the term "Arkancide"?

SJWs always project.

Blogger ZhukovG September 27, 2017 6:42 AM  

The Presidency of Donald Trump is the last chance for the Globalist Left in the US to repent. But like everywhere else, they assume that the rise of the Alt-Right is just a fluke.

I guess they will continue to make this mistake, until they board the last helicopter.

Blogger Cataline Sergius September 27, 2017 6:43 AM  

Turtleman has got to pissed this morning. This brightens my day.

I can understand having to put up with Susan Collins because she really is the best you are going to get from a state where a sizable chunk of the population speaks Canadian-French.

There was no need for a squish at all in bedrock Red Alabama.

McConnel backed Strange because Cuck calls to Cuck.



And maybe he liked the name.

Blogger AdognamedOp September 27, 2017 6:46 AM  

I wanna be a firebrand!

Anonymous TheTruthIsNeverAcceptable September 27, 2017 6:48 AM  

AdognamedOp wrote:I wanna be a firebrand!


No one is stopping you but you! Just do it...

Blogger GraceIronwood September 27, 2017 6:50 AM  

Great to see the Steve Bannon push working.
People staking out uncompromising ("extremist") positions are very useful for the ongoing work on the Overton window.

Some reports say there was a low turnout - is this true? any locals able to bring their perspective??

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 6:52 AM  

@18 ZhukovG

Something I discovered back in college is that Leftists instinctively never want to talk about the French Revolution, at least on the American side. The History of France, from their view, goes "send support to Colonists in Revolution, then... Napoleon!". They hate talk about the French Revolution because it shows exactly how they are.

And one of the things about "how they are" is that they won't change course, even when they start executing themselves. They end up in this place of Faux Christianity, where they'll martyr themselves for the "cause". Whatever the "cause" is that week.

They make it clear they won't change course until they're with the ferryman going across the Styx. That's how blind they are to what is coming.

Blogger Felix Bellator September 27, 2017 6:59 AM  

Yes, turnout was low, only Moore supporters seemed motivated. Few listened to the high dollar campaign of Strange, it was everywhere and failed yugely. The retired crowd at a local breakfast place were all in for Moore. It was unreal.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer September 27, 2017 7:08 AM  

Few listened to the high dollar campaign of Strange, it was everywhere and failed yugely.

It was stupid. They accused Moore of being soft on gun rights and a career politician. As a host on one of the local talk radio shows said, every time they run one of those adds Strange probably loses votes. The people who voted against Moore did so because they think he is too far to the right.

Blogger VD September 27, 2017 7:10 AM  

I told you to go away, Lemur. Didn't you know Swastika Panties aren't allowed on the Internet anymore?

No more Fake Right commenters are permitted here. You've got Gab and the Daily Stormfront. Go there. Stay there.

Blogger ZhukovG September 27, 2017 7:11 AM  

@GraceIronwood: That which supports American Nationalism should be embraced.

That which provides cover to the Globalist Left, such as the antics of Anglin and co., should be firmly rejected as the Fake-Right, Fake-Nationalism that it is.

Blogger Akulkis September 27, 2017 7:13 AM  

Even conservative radio host Mark Levin was advocating for Moore over Strange.

Blogger Stilicho September 27, 2017 7:18 AM  

The GOP voters in alabama voted for a man who shares their beliefs, who has fought for them in the past without compromising his principles and who the voters justifiably believe will keep his promises to do so in the future. No wonder a GOPe operative doesn't understand what happened.

Anonymous Sensei September 27, 2017 7:18 AM  

Trumpism is bigger than Trump.

And Alabama was where it began to some extent. Trump was just the conduit most aligned with the flow of this thing currently called the alt-right but which remains inevitable regardless of branding. Now he's slowly turning away from it, and Bannon-Moore-etc becomes the most-flow-aligned outlet. Hopefully Trump will not let his ego trick him into thinking he himself is the movement, but if so he has served his purpose in a way very few individuals in the world are capable of.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 7:25 AM  

@30 Stilicho

Moore paid a heavy cost for defending what the voters in Alabama valued. And got smeared by DC and the Professional Class for it.

Also, be honest. I'll go to battle with anyone that openly told the Supreme Court to stuff it on ground he was legally correct on. He knew where the proper targets are. Which probably means he will look to get himself on the Judiciary committee. That'll be a blast.

Blogger Cail Corishev September 27, 2017 7:37 AM  

It was stupid. They accused Moore of being soft on gun rights and a career politician.

Yeah, that was just puzzling. It's like they were using the same strategy that failed for NeverTrump on Trump: "His right-sounding rhetoric is just an act; he's really more liberal than Hillary, you'll see." That failed against Trump, even though they could point to past statements by him as evidence. It sure wasn't going to work on the man the whole country knows as the Ten Commandments Guy. It smacked of desperation.

Blogger Stilicho September 27, 2017 7:39 AM  

I wonder how much money the cuckservatives will give to the democrat candidate this time? It didn't work for Hillary, it didn't work for pajama boy, and it won't work this time, but like a dog returns to his vomit, cuckservatives return to the left.

Anonymous Rocklea September 27, 2017 7:41 AM  

"McConnel backed Strange because Cuck calls to Cuck.

And maybe he liked the name."

Cockhoo, cuckhoo.
It's Strange love.

Blogger Salt September 27, 2017 7:43 AM  

Quite a trouncing Moore gave Strange. How did Trump not see this coming?

Blogger ZhukovG September 27, 2017 7:46 AM  

@Akulkis: Some people, possessed of a strong survival instinct, can be expected to increasingly gravitate to the Alt-Right.

In some cases these folks should be welcomed warmly. In other cases, that caution normally reserved for dealing with vipers is called for.

Trust your Mother, but cut the cards.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 27, 2017 7:53 AM  

Voters will keep moving Right until they get what they want.
Excellent.
Trumpism is bigger than Trump.
Too true.
much of the problem with all of the post-1850s ideologies is they actually don't believe in anything tangible. All Leftist variants are Utopian.

I love reading the comments here. Insights commonly encountered run rings around the drivel of celebrity pundits & academic ideologues.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine September 27, 2017 7:58 AM  

"Some people, possessed of a strong survival instinct, can be expected to increasingly gravitate to the Alt-Right.

In some cases these folks should be welcomed warmly. In other cases, that caution normally reserved for dealing with vipers is called for."


DING DING DING!

Some of them will be orcs with strong survival instincts. If they so much as think of returning to orc traditions...

If a viper bites, crush its head.

Blogger Cluebat Vanexodar September 27, 2017 7:58 AM  

I don't think that Trump was honestly backing Strange. I think he agreed to stump for the establishment pick because they promised to move some agenda item forward for him. And I expect it to happen again. PDT will let them believe that they are consolidating their base, but He knows, in fact, that the people who elected him are not done shaking up the system. Fortuitous, that we had a vote on ACA just as the special elections were taking place. Trump stumped, but GOPe failed. In both cases. This will not go well for them. They are now beginning to realize that the movement is beyond their control and will soon be frantic.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 8:02 AM  

@36 Salt

Politically, Trump plays Center-Right. Supporting Strange was to Trump's political advantage. Trump never went anti-Moore. (Remember, Trump "supported" McCain in his primary.)

Everyone that apparently isn't in the GOPe knew Moore was going to win the run-off, but Strange was the current Senator and the GOPe was going to support a guy that already worked with them over the populist firebrand. (Remember, these people already attacked Moore in the years back, so he doesn't exactly love them much.) For everyone that's going to say Trump's endorsement didn't help, they'll tell themselves that because they don't want to accept that it didn't matter. Trump ran because it was the opportunity and the right environment. He wouldn't have otherwise. Future Sen. Moore is simply riding the same tide.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 27, 2017 8:04 AM  

@ wreckage, to your point, what if the less energetic Trump appears with respect to the wall and immigration reform, the more there's a groundswell to dump GOP RINO's in their upcoming primaries?

Don't give angry voters what they demanded as a means to energize them for the midterms.

It could work.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 8:09 AM  

@40 Cluebat Vanexodar

Trump seems to push "losing" congressional battles during key voting periods. Moore over Strange assures even stronger Primary opponents for the GOPe. Corker already threw in the towel.

@40 Cluebat Vanexodar

Trump backed Strange, but it was pure calculation. "Support Strange" was the better play. He loses nothing for backing Strange in a Primary; he only loses if he went hard Anti-Moore, which he didn't. And some of the early word is already that the GOPe is rattled by this. If they didn't see this coming, it's no wonder that Trump is playing them for a fiddle.

We're, fairly soon, going to need to break out the "you're not tall enough for this ride" line with regards to most of the GOPe. They're devious players, but Trump is constantly playing them.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer September 27, 2017 8:10 AM  

Hoping Bannon can keep things rolling. There are a lot of incumbents that need to be replaced in primaries this spring.

Anonymous Rocklea September 27, 2017 8:11 AM  

Perhaps the media will take the decision to amplify Bannon, thinking this will hurt Trump, with the added benefit of 'proving' the republican's are turning Nazi. In their minds this will be winning and improve their midterm success.

Can Bannon replace all the cucks? People will certainly be watching his picks.

Anonymous Lara Mycroft September 27, 2017 8:12 AM  

Trumpism is bigger than Trump.

Yes.

If Trump were the true leader of the movement, Strange would have won in a landslide.


Blogger Johnny September 27, 2017 8:13 AM  

>>Voters will keep moving Right until they get what they want...

That is me pegged on this. Too far right by my sentiments, but apparently there is no getting what you want in Washington with the more moderate types.

Anonymous Roundtine September 27, 2017 8:13 AM  

Trump supported Strange out of loyalty. Nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd September 27, 2017 8:16 AM  

wreckage wrote:Voters will keep moving Right until they get what they want.

If Trump and co. don't want to see more of this, they need to get cracking on the wall, get immigration ordered again, and start removing illegals.


Why would our president not want to see more people moving further right? That is what it will take to implement his vision and MAGA.

Salt wrote:Quite a trouncing Moore gave Strange. How did Trump not see this coming?

He very likely did. If Strange had somehow won, he would have owed President Trump, limiting his ability to McCain us. When Strange lost, President Trump and America won big. Either way, Trump's strategy helped us.

Blogger WynnLloyd September 27, 2017 8:17 AM  

This is great. Moore is filled to the brim with courage. With him in the senate the God Emperor will have an ally to encourage him in MAGA.

Blogger Jew613 September 27, 2017 8:19 AM  

This seems a very strange battle for the establishment. They went all in for a moderate gope type for Jeff Sessions's old seat. They look weak and the perception of invincibility will be impossible to restore.

Anonymous Fran September 27, 2017 8:20 AM  

I'm thinking that Trump supporting Strange was just another case of him playing 3d chess while everyone else is playing checkers.
If Trump comes out in support of Moore, the left would have gone even more nuts because of Moore's perceived extreme right wing views. Now he has plausible deniability. He had nothing to lose as the polls were showing Moore well out in front anyway.

Blogger tuberman September 27, 2017 8:21 AM  

Hearing all sorts of crap from BB now, to paraphrase:

Don't need Trump to be Trumpian, etc. Well, maybe.

1) Moore was backed by such stars as Mark Levin, and other long-term GLOBALIST, let me repeat GLOBALIST NeverTrumpers

2)Bannon and Mercer were pro-Cruz "constitutionalists," before jumping on the TrumpTrain, after it was a cleear win. BB is shouting out even more anti-Trump, and we can do it better than Trump stuff since Bannon let WH.

I'm not saying Trust, but Verify here. I am saying Verify first before you give any real trust, as too many muh "constitutionalists" on board here. And, many of these are controlled opposition, who owe their souls to the "company store"

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 8:22 AM  

@42 dc.sunsets

We're going to need to find some new phrases, I think, to describe what is going on. Or resurrect ones that no one uses. The GOPe is "locked" into their Strategic Position. They can't flinch on the larger parts of the Wall & Enforcement. The main "payers" for them want the immigration. Partially for economic, partially for ideological reasons.

It means Trump knows, generally, how they'll react and their objectives. (He's also got them completely judged, at the personal level.) Thus the objective is to break Ryan & McConnell without it coming back on Trump. So, what *is* Bannon up to? :)

Anonymous Jeff September 27, 2017 8:22 AM  

Trumpism is bigger than Trump

MAGA is bigger than Trump.

Judge Moore received significant support from a new, grassroots superpac called Maga Coalition which is run by Adam Gingrich and others. Their plan is to support MAGA candidates in every state in the nation. These guys are doing God's work.

Blogger Johnny September 27, 2017 8:23 AM  

I was thinking Moore won by a big margin the way the margin of victory was hard to find. I have come to really hate the routine bias in the press.

>>Moore led 56 percent to 44 percent with 74 percent of precincts reporting when the GOP runoff was called...

Blogger Cail Corishev September 27, 2017 8:24 AM  

How did Trump not see this coming?

I would assume he did, since everyone else did, even a guy in Illinois barely paying attention.

So he backed Strange for a reason: loyalty. Here's the theory he's operating on, as I understand it. There are GOP Swamp creatures who are just evil, like McCain. But there are others who would like to do the right thing once in a while, but they're cowed by the higher-ups in the establishment, through either direct blackmail or the threat of being sidelined and run out of office. They lack Trump's courage and ZFG attitude, so they've had to play ball.

He's trying to tell those people: If you side with me, I'll protect you. Be loyal to me, and I'll be loyal to you, even if our politics don't match perfectly. You don't have to keep going along to get along. You can be a winner.

Backing Strange, even with Bannon backing Moore, demonstrated that if people are loyal to him, he won't dump them as soon as a shinier, more Trump-like candidate comes along. We'll see if it pays off over time in easier passage of legislation.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd September 27, 2017 8:27 AM  

wreckage wrote:Voters will keep moving Right until they get what they want.

If Trump and co. don't want to see more of this, they need to get cracking on the wall, get immigration ordered again, and start removing illegals.


Why would our president not want to see more people moving further right? That is what it will take to implement his vision and MAGA.

Salt wrote:Quite a trouncing Moore gave Strange. How did Trump not see this coming?

He very likely did. If Strange had somehow won, he would have owed President Trump, limiting his ability to McCain us. When Strange lost, President Trump and America won big. Either way, Trump's strategy helped us.

Anonymous Lara Mycroft September 27, 2017 8:33 AM  

Trump supported Strange out of loyalty. Nothing wrong with that.

Common sense should rule, not loyalty.

E.g., Trump is loyal to Ivanka. Should he therefore support her positions on immigration and refugees?

Trump admitted that he "might have made a mistake" by supporting Strange. Perhaps he recognized that his loyalty steered him wrong.

Blogger Artisanal Toad September 27, 2017 8:34 AM  

Luther Strange = "more of the same"
Roy Moore = "stand for what is right"

Football is practically the state religion in Alabama. The recent antics of the (black) NFL players' refusal to stand for the anthem probably had a not-insignificant impact on Moore's win because he's widely known in Alabama as *the* man who stands for what is right.

Call it reactionary if you want, but I've been hearing some interesting anecdotes lately that illustrate the anger of a lot of people who are unable to voice an opinion on current events or politics because it might cost them their job. Voting for a man like Moore (who isn't afraid to say what he thinks) is a natural solution for these folks.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 8:46 AM  

@52 tuberman

Strange didn't seem to inspire much energy from any sector. Moore was the pretty clear polling leader when a *lot* of those endorsements started rolling in. I'd take that as more of a "jump on the winning horse" play.

Strange at least went to bat for Trump on a few things, which is why it was a safe support play by Trump. Someone like Flake or Heller? Nah, Trump will seek to remove them. Strange would have been bound to having to hear it from the home town without full support.

@dc.sunsets

https://infogalactic.com/info/Prophylaxis_(chess)

That's about the best term I have so far.

Strategically, the GOPe is locked in. They'd actually rather be in opposition (it's a lot easier & they get to fail and not get hit for it), but they have to make a "good show" of it all. Trump knows this. Thus his real play is to give them a small step to take, while making not taking that step extremely damaging.

Of course, Trump isn't one to leave much up to chance. So he's using double-sided leverage. MAGA wants them on pikes, while the GOPe Funder Class wants them to scuttle all MAGA laws. Trump thus pushes the GOPe to fail, badly, on MAGA laws. Why? Easy! Gives Trump more & more leverage while discrediting the GOPe. They assume they'll still win re-election. Something they clearly don't see isn't going to happen.

Anonymous The Original Arrogant Alejandro Villanueva Fan September 27, 2017 8:47 AM  

Glory hallelujah, this is truly good news... I've followed this guy's saga for years and years. Nobody deserves it more. Nobody has sacrificed more. Just think of the courage on display here. What matches it in our time?

Yeah, I'm a die hard Penn State fan. But on this special occasion... Roll Tide, Roll...

Now, the watchful waiting must be for assassination attempts and "accidents." This guy is truly a threat to the establishment.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd September 27, 2017 8:53 AM  

Posting this for the third time, because it keeps disappearing ...

wreckage wrote:Voters will keep moving Right until they get what they want.

If Trump and co. don't want to see more of this, they need to get cracking on the wall, get immigration ordered again, and start removing illegals.


Why would our president not want to see more people moving further right? That is what it will take to implement his vision and MAGA.

Salt wrote:Quite a trouncing Moore gave Strange. How did Trump not see this coming?

He very likely did. If Strange had somehow won, he would have owed President Trump, limiting his ability to McCain us. When Strange lost, President Trump and America won big. Either way, Trump's strategy helped us.

Blogger Nate September 27, 2017 9:01 AM  

i love that the win is being called an upset. Roy Moore can be anything he wants in Alabama. In fact we all assumed he would be Governor. but apparently he would rather be a senator. Ok with us.

Roy was never going to lose. He was never going to do anything but steam roll Luther Strange. And steam roll anyone else that has the sad misfortune to get in his way.

Blogger Nate September 27, 2017 9:02 AM  

"He very likely did. If Strange had somehow won, he would have owed President Trump, limiting his ability to McCain us"

/facepalm

Luther Strange is a ridiculously hard right dude. It is retarded to compare him to that walking zombie.

Blogger Duke Norfolk September 27, 2017 9:03 AM  

SteelPalm wrote:Moore is a hell of a fighter even in the face of overwhelming hatred and opposition from the Left. A man like that is never going to compromise or cuck on his convictions.

Indeed. He has proven time and again that he has true steel in his spine.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 27, 2017 9:09 AM  

BLM invades T-town players get upset, Saban rolls on to his back denounces Moore, Alabamians cuck.



Blogger tuberman September 27, 2017 9:09 AM  

59. Looking Glass

I was not pro-Strange either. I don't usually go with FUD, but to me, both of these guys have plenty of baggage.

Here's the thing from my viewpoint, trump came in not owing anyone, and this was good as Globalists have loaded all sorts of "paid-off" controlled opposition in many directions, some who are at odds with others.

So question is, who does Moore owe now? Who controls the strings of those he owes? People on here need not be suckers, just watch with a jaundiced eye toward likely betrayal in a Globalist direction. There is a reason why BB is no longer connected to IG News here.

I expect Moore to be another "do-nothing", because muh Constitution. Strange may have been worse.

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. September 27, 2017 9:14 AM  

We tried to tell you Yanks. You wouldn't listen.

The South will rise again.

Blogger tuberman September 27, 2017 9:14 AM  

Looking Glass,
"Of course, Trump isn't one to leave much up to chance. So he's using double-sided leverage. MAGA wants them on pikes, while the GOPe Funder Class wants them to scuttle all MAGA laws. Trump thus pushes the GOPe to fail, badly, on MAGA laws. Why? Easy! Gives Trump more & more leverage while discrediting the GOPe. They assume they'll still win re-election. Something they clearly don't see isn't going to happen."

Hoping you are correct here, as Trump does most of this stuff on instinct. I do believe there is going to be a lot of Primary and mid-term changes that will help MAGA.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 9:18 AM  

@62 Nate

Senator has better hours. Governor really does take a lot more work, even if you have more direct power. And future Sen. Moore may want to get back at SCOTUS in the way sitting Senators can.


@66 tuberman

Strange isn't Flake or Heller. Trump made the best Game Theory play. I know of Moore from the previous run-ins that made national news. As I'm not up on AL politics, I don't know too much more beyond the fact that Moore was the likely winner anyway. For a "swamp creature", Strange seemed pretty low on the problem list. This was a freebie for Trump, which is what I care about, and Moore as the anti-establishment type has value.

Hopefully, it doesn't become the "Freedom" Caucus problem.

Blogger wreckage September 27, 2017 9:25 AM  

All of this sniffling is unseemly, tuberman.
Protocol should be followed.
First, the drinking of mead from the skulls of enemies; then the drunken revelry, THEN the sobering up and fingering of knives whilst staring suspiciously at our erstwhile champion.

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 9:25 AM  

@68 tuberman

I would have given you the "instinct" play a few months ago. At this point? What you might view as instincts looks to me like extremely well-planned Strategic plays. His instincts for playing to his Strategy is deep, so it looks semi-effortless. However, that's likely more just deep experience of someone that is a master of their craft, rather than any real instinct.

When you see a professional athlete play a game of pickup, the difference is night & day against the nominally in-shape competitors. The Professional is so used to everyone moving so much faster that they're actually thinking beyond the local pick-up king. Some of this stuff probably seems easy for Trump, as the DC players really do seem... slow. And stupid, a lot of the time, beyond just being paid opposition in most cases.

Blogger Cail Corishev September 27, 2017 9:26 AM  

We're so used to choosing between bad and worse that it's hard to recognize a choice between good and better.

Blogger Nate September 27, 2017 9:28 AM  

"I expect Moore to be another "do-nothing", because muh Constitution."

sure... that's reasonable... because you know the guy that put the 10 commandments up on the state house wall then told the united states supreme court to fuck off is totally going to do that.

Anonymous johnc September 27, 2017 9:29 AM  

Can you believe that the VD / AA tiff is already bearing fruit? I mean just look at this completely sane and sober position: https://dailystormer.is/official-daily-stormer-statement-on-december-28th-march-against-communism-event/

Blogger Nate September 27, 2017 9:32 AM  

The general opinion in Alabama is that Trump wanted Strange to win because Strange was his boy and would continue to be his boy. Trump did not want Moore because Moore is no one's boy. You can't push Roy Moore around. Ever.

Blogger allyn71 September 27, 2017 9:35 AM  

Roll Tide!

Blogger tuberman September 27, 2017 9:36 AM  

wreckage wrote:All of this sniffling is unseemly, tuberman.

Protocol should be followed.

First, the drinking of mead from the skulls of enemies; then the drunken revelry, THEN the sobering up and fingering of knives whilst staring suspiciously at our erstwhile champion.


Aye, you be correct, and I've been living too long in Fargo, must needs to reconnect to Viking past. Pass me Rove's skull!

Blogger Akulkis September 27, 2017 9:36 AM  

@AdognamedOp

Are you, by any chance, millennial?

Anonymous Kat September 27, 2017 9:40 AM  

Strange win - Trump says "Listen up, boys and girls. That's the power of my endorsement. Do you want it?"

Moore wins - Trump shrugs "Look I can't just lead my base around by the nose. They'll vote how they like - so how about that wall allocation?"

Either way, it's a useful display of power that can be used for bargaining.

Blogger Ransom Smith September 27, 2017 9:43 AM  

The South will rise again
Sic Semper Tyranus.

Blogger Ransom Smith September 27, 2017 9:44 AM  

Bah. *Tyrannis

Blogger Cail Corishev September 27, 2017 9:49 AM  

Judge Roy Freakin Moore wins his primary -- gun literally in hand -- and people find a way to bitch about it. I swear, one of these days I'm going to stop being surprised at the persistence of defeatism.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 10:11 AM  


i love that the win is being called an upset. Roy Moore can be anything he wants in Alabama. In fact we all assumed he would be Governor. but apparently he would rather be a senator. Ok with us.


Would love to see someone commission a Saban vs Moore poll just for kicks.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 10:12 AM  

So question is, who does Moore owe now? Who controls the strings of those he owes?

Why do you assume he owes anyone?

Blogger Ostar September 27, 2017 10:12 AM  

30 million - that's what the GOPe wasted on Strange.
I do mean wasted - recent nationwide research has found that the average effect of political advertising is ZERO in the vast majority of cases.

Only the consultant class and advertisers profit from this scam.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 10:15 AM  

30 million - that's what the GOPe wasted on Strange.

Where did you get that number?

Blogger Lupus Rusticus September 27, 2017 10:19 AM  

We in Alabama have been the vanguard on the Right for the better part of this resurgence. Heritage protection, a good spring cleaning in the GOP, AG Sessions, and so forth. Judge Moore is just the latest of our contributions to the cause.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 27, 2017 10:27 AM  

There's no middle ground left to snivel to. This is a great example of how intensity of devotion matters. A senate race hinged on intense, local commitment to what the Old View sees as a polarizing figure.

This is truly what dooms the Republican Party's old guard. They are the epitome of centrists under the old Narrative where the center wasn't "center" at all, it was Left, and not all that Left-lite.

The Old Guard Republicans literally have no constituency now. It's only a matter of time before each of them is either primaried or wakes up, smells the coffee and breaks Hard Right. All the campaign donations in the world won't save them as their constituents shift right beneath their feet.

In a few election cycles the Republican Party will either represent something entirely different from the last 30 years, or it (like the Democrat Party) will be consigned to the archives alongside the Whigs and Know-nothings.

Anonymous Andrew E. September 27, 2017 10:32 AM  

...AG Sessions, and so forth. Judge Moore is just the latest of our contributions to the cause.

Can we find a way to have Sen. Moore and AG Sessions switch with each other?

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 10:33 AM  

@82 Josh

I have Saban at roughly 65-35.

Not for Senate. I mean for King of Alabama. Considering his support in the State, I might be underestimating it.

@81 Cail Corishev

60+ years of trained losing takes a while to undo.

Blogger Matthew September 27, 2017 10:40 AM  

Nate wrote:The general opinion in Alabama is that Trump wanted Strange to win because Strange was his boy and would continue to be his boy. Trump did not want Moore because Moore is no one's boy. You can't push Roy Moore around. Ever.

This is a great example of why we don't take your opinion seriously when you're out of your element.

Anonymous BBGKB September 27, 2017 10:41 AM  

I said before that if TRUMP turns away from the parade it will keep marching on.


I wanna be a firebrand!No one is stopping you but you! Just do it

See my videos on how to start a fire with just a koran, bacon grease, and potassium permanganate.

OT: Refugee kid loving German football team releases "viral video" pushed by all EU news orgs against the AFD. Team gives free tickets to rapefugee boys.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/09/25/no-nazis-dortmund-stand-against-rise-far-right-afd-party-after-german-election-viral-video

Borussia Dortmund have released a viral video on social media condemning the rise of Germany's far right nationalist AfD party.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 10:48 AM  

No, I bet none of us have! Tell us all about this fascinating topic we've never before encountered...

Blogger tz September 27, 2017 10:49 AM  

There is a backstory

The AL governor appointed an Attorney General on the condition he support Moore, but he backstabbed both and was made a Federal Judge by Dubya. And they tried to get him to deny Christ 3 times at a hearing.

Baldwin does not like Trump, but that is because he is too slow and is surrounded by cucks at present. I get his point, and we must pray for Trumpmand insist he keep his promises.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 10:54 AM  

This is a great example of why we don't take your opinion seriously when you're out of your element.

Alabama politics aren't Nates element?

Blogger Stilicho September 27, 2017 10:55 AM  

The true question is which landmark legislation will ultimately be most beneficial to the nation, the Moore-Rock Act or the Rock-Moore Act?

Anonymous gxg September 27, 2017 10:57 AM  

Some Observations from Alabama...
As far as voter turnout, low compared to what? There was only one item on the ballot, and in general, Democrats couldn't vote. (If they voted in the Democrat primary, they were banned from voting in this round.) No doubt, it was low compared to a presidential election, but for a single-issue, one-party election? Turnout and interest seemed relatively high. The "low turnout" angle might be the establishment spinning it to make it seem less significant.

Where I voted, the turnout was good. But to quote the people manning the polling station, "Turnout here is always good."

As far as Strange being a swamp creature, the big establishment money was firmly behind him. His ads against his opponents (Moore and Brooks) were brutal attack ads, filled with half-truths. Also, he was appointed to Session's senate seat under shady circumstances, which didn't help his cause.

Maybe Strange is a fine, principled man. Maybe this is a case of guilt by association, but with so much of the swamp firmly behind him, it left a stench of swampiness that would hard to ignore. (Yes, Trump officially supported Strange, but it seemed more like an obligation thing.)

Big money was spent on this election, and it showed. For this election, I received more robo calls and polling calls than I did for the recent presidential election. Where I live, the perception of Strange was that he was McConnell's man, not Trump's.

Whether Strange is a true swamp creature or not, this was a blow to the swamp. They spent a lot of money and influence on this. They were embarrassed, as they should be.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 27, 2017 10:57 AM  

Dude, where's my wall?

Tuesday was a good day because Moore and groundbreaking day for 8 wall prototypes near San Diego. Back in the summer it was "work will begin in September" remember? The shills were busy with "no, won't happen, Trump played you losers!", remember?

Well, it's September. 8 prototype Wall sections are being built on Otay Mesa near San Diego. On schedule.

Now the line will be:
Hiram Soto said his organization and others were not mounting a protest because that wall was “political theater” that had no chance of ever being fully built out, as Trump has promised, because of Congressional opposition and no funding.

Well, I guess we'll just see. Or maybe this also:

Villareal said a free speech area for any protests that may occur would be set up nearby, but the exact location was not confirmed by sheriff’s officials. The location identified by federal officials Tuesday is a dusty, unshaded, weed-choked lot overlooking Otay Mesa and more than 1.5 miles away from construction.

has something to do with the lack of protest.

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Grass September 27, 2017 10:58 AM  

ZhukovG wrote:The Presidency of Donald Trump is the last chance for the Globalist Left in the US to repent. But like everywhere else, they assume that the rise of the Alt-Right is just a fluke.

I guess they will continue to make this mistake, until they board the last helicopter.


This 1000x. They're looking confidently to 2020 or 2024 expecting it to be back to business as usual. The whole political class, the journalists, TV anchors, etc. are in for a very rude awakening.

They'll continue to whine and moan about how they really are moderate, etc. People will respond with We. Don't. Care.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera September 27, 2017 11:00 AM  

Judge Roy Freakin Moore wins his primary -- gun literally in hand -- and people find a way to bitch about it. I swear, one of these days I'm going to stop being surprised at the persistence of defeatism.

You're assuming defeat is not the preferred outcome for a large proportion. All evidence suggests the contrary and, in fact, neuroscience tells us that winning releases cortisol in the brains of perpetual defeatists.

Blogger Dave September 27, 2017 11:03 AM  

Lupus Rusticus wrote:We in Alabama have been the vanguard on the Right for the better part of this resurgence. Heritage protection, a good spring cleaning in the GOP, AG Sessions, and so forth. Judge Moore is just the latest of our contributions to the cause.

As of now claiming Sessions' AG tenure as a resurgence is shaky.


Andrew E. wrote:...AG Sessions, and so forth. Judge Moore is just the latest of our contributions to the cause.

Can we find a way to have Sen. Moore and AG Sessions switch with each other?


Calling the race for Moore already?

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 11:04 AM  

Moore wasn't backed by Levin in the primary, Mo Brooks was. Once the runoff was afoot, he refused to support Strange.

Frankly, running down Roy Moore as a GLOBALIST just makes you an ignorant faggot.

Blogger The Gray Man September 27, 2017 11:10 AM  

If anyone has any contacts with the Roy Moore campaign, please let Vox know. I am looking to help his campaign and work for his staff if possible. I sent Vox an email about it, so he has my email address and name, etc.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 11:12 AM  

Calling the race for Moore already?

Dude... it's Alabama...

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 27, 2017 11:13 AM  

Nate wrote:The general opinion in Alabama is that Trump wanted Strange to win because Strange was his boy and would continue to be his boy. Trump did not want Moore because Moore is no one's boy. You can't push Roy Moore around. Ever.

Yep. Trump wants loyalistas, which is not a bad thing at all, but I have a feeling that he and Moore will get along just fine.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 11:14 AM  

I am looking to help his campaign and work for his staff if possible.

https://www.roymoore.org/Volunteer/

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 11:15 AM  

We tell 'em and we tell 'em, but they don't hear.

We LOVE Roy Moore because he loves us. Like Coach Bryant, he is what an Alabama man strives to be.

Blogger Lazarus September 27, 2017 11:16 AM  

The Gray Man wrote:If anyone has any contacts with the Roy Moore campaign, please let Vox know. I am looking to help his campaign and work for his staff if possible. I sent Vox an email about it, so he has my email address and name, etc.

How about just contact the campaign directly:

https://www.roymoore.org/

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 11:17 AM  

Where can I get some of what you're obviously abusing?

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 11:25 AM  

Moore for Gov. Saban needs to keep KEEPING BAMA GREAT!

Anonymous Looking Glass September 27, 2017 11:43 AM  

@95 Stilicho

Future Infogalactic Article:

"The Rock-Moore Act of 2019 provided authorization & funding for automated turret systems on the Southern & Northern borders, a 5-year immigration freeze and a doubling of the US Military's helicopter fleet. Critic claimed the Act violating the civil rights of criminal aliens. Senator Roy Moore (R-Alabama) was quoted by the AP as saying, "This was a solid first step. I look forward to working with my colleagues and the President on the complete elimination, by whatever means necessary, of illegal aliens from the United States." Democrat opposition was expected by be fierce, but that opposition ended after the still unexplained disappearance for 2 Senators and 5 Congressmen, all Democrats."

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr September 27, 2017 11:44 AM  

Trump needs to realize that he may be riding the wave, but he is NOT the wave. And if he fails to deliver, he'll face a strong primary challenge in 2020.

The Alt-Right - the Right With Fight - is more than one man. And NO Republican officeholder is immune. 2018 will be a primary bloodbath that will make 2010 look like a shaving nick.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) September 27, 2017 11:59 AM  

101. Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 11:04 AM
Frankly, running down Roy Moore as a GLOBALIST just makes you an ignorant faggot.



Mark Levin is an ((( ignorant faggot )))?

you DON'T SAY!

Blogger Dave September 27, 2017 12:02 PM  

@110 Looking Glass

Don't forget AP's quote from Sen. Rock: "Hell Yeah!"

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 27, 2017 12:10 PM  

Of course he is. But he also supported Mo Brooks, not Judge Moore.

Anonymous Gen. Kong September 27, 2017 12:56 PM  

Lupus Rusticus wrote:
We in Alabama have been the vanguard on the Right for the better part of this resurgence. Heritage protection, a good spring cleaning in the GOP, AG Sessions, and so forth. Judge Moore is just the latest of our contributions to the cause.

AG Sessions??? He's cucked on everything. He's not removed the massive nest of Clinton/Bush/Obama operatives working for to overthrow Trump in the DOJ, allowed Lerner to skate, allowed the absurd special prosecutor to proceed, refused to prosecute lawless mayors and state officials who openly declare their refusal to enforce laws, etc. Hell he hasn't even rescinded the 'Holder letter' (the one which ordered all Fed. prosecutors not to pursue charges against the criminal Banksteins like Country-Wide (((Sandlers))) for their racketeering in the mortgage bubble).

He was halfway decent as a Senator but he must like spirit-cooked pizza way too much to be anything other than a worthless cuck as AG. The rest of your point was good enough. Moore does have a track-record of standing up to the Marxists. It will be interesting to see if his stand for Christianity is actually that or more posturing for the Judeo-Christ abomination.

Anonymous Pennywise September 27, 2017 1:03 PM  

The Alt-Right is a regurgitation of the Tea Party movement. Some political candidates who hold up to those ideals will be elected on this agenda.
That is the "inevitable part" But as far as there being a reversal to the "good old days" of Christian patriarchy, with tens of millions of "cuck" skulls being collected, nationalism and popularism Trump style will be stymied in the long-term.

Blogger Desdichado September 27, 2017 1:21 PM  

The Gray Man wrote:If anyone has any contacts with the Roy Moore campaign, please let Vox know. I am looking to help his campaign and work for his staff if possible. I sent Vox an email about it, so he has my email address and name, etc.
Since when did Vox become Roy Moore's personal secretary?

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 27, 2017 1:27 PM  

@116 Evil Clown Troll
The Alt-Right is a regurgitation of the Tea Party movement

That is remarkably stupid, even for a shill.

Blogger James September 27, 2017 1:46 PM  

Looking Glass wrote:
Also, be honest. I'll go to battle with anyone that openly told the Supreme Court to stuff it on ground he was legally correct on. He knew where the proper targets are. Which probably means he will look to get himself on the Judiciary committee. That'll be a blast.


This should be interesting to watch. This is where party politics stymies the will of the people. I don't think McConnell or the swamp wants him on the Judiciary Committee. There will be a quid pro quo attached for him getting on that Committee. He doesn't seem like the type to agree to it.

Blogger Lupus Rusticus September 27, 2017 2:00 PM  

@ Gen. Kong, I think Judge Moore will hold fast on his faith. He’s not backed down yet and has been been adversarial to overreach from the central government.

You make legitimate points about AG Sessions, but I maintain optimism that on the whole he’ll be better than any of his recent predecessors.

Anonymous Gen. Kong September 27, 2017 2:22 PM  

@Lupus.

Sessions could be essentially neutralized by the deep-state, much as I expect Trump himself is. Moore could indeed be just the type of person needed to help undermine and collapse the deep-state, assuming he actually understands how completely rotten to the core it really is. That in itself can be a very difficult thing for a guy like Moore to accept. Shine the light on the floor and watch the cockroaches crawl.

Blogger Mercy September 27, 2017 2:26 PM  

@6 Looking Glass
More on point, something I've been contemplating is that much of the problem with all of the post-1850s ideologies is they actually don't believe in anything tangible. All Leftist variants are Utopian. The "conservative" Leftism cares more about Style & Approach than anything tangible.

And when you don't believe in anything tangible, the tangible becomes disposable...an annoying hindrance. People are tangible.
A bit out of my wheelhouse, but I'll also point out that God became Man, tangible.

Blogger Nate September 27, 2017 2:31 PM  

"This is a great example of why we don't take your opinion seriously when you're out of your element."

fascinating. The politcs of Alabama... where I live... are out of my element. Which you can see... from Texas.

If you would bother to read what I wrote you would see that I am simply reporting what I hear people around alabama say and write. Political Alabama talk radio for example... that point of view is nigh to universal.

I did not say its a point of view that I share.

My own view is that Moore will be Trump's best friend in the Senate.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) September 27, 2017 2:40 PM  

AG Sessions??? He's cucked on everything. He's not removed the massive nest of Clinton/Bush/Obama operatives working for to overthrow Trump in the DOJ, allowed Lerner to skate, allowed the absurd special prosecutor to proceed, refused to prosecute lawless mayors and state officials who openly declare their refusal to enforce laws, etc. Hell he hasn't even rescinded the 'Holder letter' (the one which ordered all Fed. prosecutors not to pursue charges against the criminal Banksteins like Country-Wide (((Sandlers))) for their racketeering in the mortgage bubble).

Which items on your list are part of the trump agenda?

Blogger Clint September 27, 2017 3:26 PM  

Matthew wrote:Nate wrote:The general opinion in Alabama is that Trump wanted Strange to win because Strange was his boy and would continue to be his boy. Trump did not want Moore because Moore is no one's boy. You can't push Roy Moore around. Ever.

This is a great example of why we don't take your opinion seriously when you're out of your element.


Matthew trolls are the best trolls.

Blogger Ostar September 27, 2017 3:59 PM  

Josh (the sexiest thing here) wrote:30 million - that's what the GOPe wasted on Strange.

Where did you get that number?


Steve Bannon mentioned it on Hannity, later quoted in a FoxNews article. It incorporates the first 3-way primary as well as the run-off.

Anonymous Pennywise September 27, 2017 5:43 PM  

A Deplorable...

The Alt-Right is a regurgitation of the Tea Party movement

You responded "That is remarkably stupid, even for a shill." I would get your head examined. The Alt Right, borne out of the Tea Party, espouses similar ideas, like:

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Special interests must be eliminated.
3. Gun ownership is sacred.
4. Intrusive government must be stopped.
5. English as our core language is required.
6. Traditional family values are encouraged.

You must have Portuguese ancestry not to be aware of this basic fact. You have to go back.

Blogger Scott C September 27, 2017 5:45 PM  

Vox, since when is Rick Santorum alt-right? Moore has essentially the same positions as Santorum.

OpenID Sidehill Dodger September 27, 2017 5:58 PM  

Ostar wrote:30 million - that's what the GOPe wasted on Strange.

I do mean wasted - recent nationwide research has found that the average effect of political advertising is ZERO in the vast majority of cases.


Yes! And I think that this is due to the rise of the internet as a trusted communications medium for most people. Political funds can dump all the money they have into the MSM and paid advertising--it makes no difference because ever more people simply don't trust those media. They turn to the internet--and particularly social media and alternative news services--for their information and to exchange political views.

The internet has transformed democracy: it has made the centralized control of public opinion imposssible.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 27, 2017 6:05 PM  

@127 Creepy Clown Troll
I would get your head examined.

Just had that done. Passed.

The TEA Party is mostly people over 50 whose idea of cosplay is dressing like Uncle Sam and petitioning the government to obey its own rules. Middle class whites, many of them retired. Few of them supported Trump until the general election, and even then some stayed home. If they know who Milo is, they would be shocked by him.

The alt-Right is something...different. As anyone can plainly see, with the exception of the average leftard shill.

Your creepy-clown-world comparison is stupid, even for a shill. Run along and terrorize some children.

Blogger Dire Badger September 27, 2017 7:17 PM  

Still not tired of winning...

Anonymous Gen. Kong September 27, 2017 7:23 PM  

Which items on your list are part of the trump agenda?

They would fall under "draining the swamp", which is fouler than ever. Sessions has been a failure. It might not be his fault though. He was much better than the usual Gay Old Pedobear swamp-denizen as Senator. Enforcing laws - which is actually his job - against officials in several states (Illinois, Texas, California and others) who openly defy them would be a decent start. This of course kind of assumes there is a rule of law in the Fake Banana Empire, which is a false assumption. So there he sits, possibly with his hands tied.

Anonymous Pennywise September 27, 2017 7:51 PM  

“Just had that done. Passed.”

Your chart was read upside down. That’s what you get for going to a free clinic. Damn Negro nurse.


“The TEA Party is mostly people over 50 whose idea of cosplay is dressing like Uncle Sam and petitioning the government to obey its own rules.”

False characterization. The Tea Party consisted of lower and middle class conservatives from a wide age range who opposed leftists, globalists, and statists.

“Few of them supported Trump until the general election…”

But the point remains they did support him. A group that was vital to put him over the top against Shitlery.

“and even then some stayed home.”

A number of eligible voters stayed home.

Both candidates were miserable.


“If they know who Milo is, they would be shocked by him.”



The Tea Party are decidedly familiar with him. And, you are right, they are shocked the Alt Right, that bastion of Christian values, have engaged in political fellatio with a openly gay man who in a patriarchal, Bible-based society would be hung from the gallows. He must go back.

“The alt-Right is something…different.”

In leadership and tactics, perhaps. But not in ideology, as I conclusively demonstrated.


“Your creepy-clown-world comparison is stupid, even for a shill. Run along and terrorize some children.”

I thought no enemies to my right. Considering you are a man-child, it is other than surprising for you to clearly violate that basic principle.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 27, 2017 8:09 PM  

@113 Creepy Clown Troll
I thought no enemies to my right

That's what you get for "thinking".

Blogger Rough Carrigan September 27, 2017 9:19 PM  

The lie that clown turned insect is trying to use is the name Tea Party. When it started being used circa 2008 it meant a small number of people like Peter Schiff and Karl Denninger who objected to the whole Bush/Obama regime of bailouts and doing away with capitalism to save capitalism. Then, over a couple years the label got taken over, coopted by the barely more conservative than average parts of the GOP and became Mitch McConnell in a tricorne till it meant almost nothing. I know that Denninger, for one wanted nothing to do with what the tea party became.

Does clown-bug think the GoP establishment will easily co-opt the alt right?

Blogger Matthew September 27, 2017 9:29 PM  

Clint wrote:Matthew trolls are the best trolls.


ssssshhh.

Anonymous Sim1776 September 27, 2017 9:31 PM  

This is very true but please don't lump all of us coastals in with the progs. They're mostly in a few enclaves. The county map from the election says it all. They're surrounded in their "utopian" islands.

On the Duterte note, I'm reminded of Kratman's "Caliphate." Political assassinations become Federal crimes and are promptly pardoned. I find it rather interesting that the MSM was all over Abu Sayyaf taking over a city right up until the troops rolled in and took care of business then the "news cycle" rolled on to the next hand-wringing crisis probably the latest Trump outrage...

Blogger Lazarus September 27, 2017 9:48 PM  

Pennywise wrote:....... as I conclusively demonstrated.



You have indeed conclusively demonstrated something, but it is not what you think it is.

Blogger The Overgrown Hobbit September 28, 2017 12:31 AM  

My husband said that what is commonly referred to as the Alt-Right on this blog, the New Right elsewhere, or The Last Crusade at SciFiWright.com is like a mountain looming on the horizon.

Danes point to it and say it's a berg; Finns acknowledge the vuori; French call it la montagne. Social justice warriors shriek that it's RAPE!!!!! because of the Belarus (rapa) and the Nazi snowflakes slaver and drool and wet themselves because OMG rape!

But the mountain is still there.

Anonymous Pennywise September 28, 2017 7:41 AM  

Paradigm—Indeed, this is what I get for thinking that you won’t double down again.

Rough/Lazarus—The Tea Party set the stage for the Alt Right. They share similar traits. Hate facts, I realize.

Blogger Jimmy The Freak September 28, 2017 8:28 AM  

Pennywise the Shill demonstrates preferred GOPe tactics to co-opt a grassroots movement:

"See, we were for your cause before you even knew what your cause was! Follow us to Freedom!" otherwise known as gas-lighting.

Anonymous Pennywise September 28, 2017 9:55 AM  

Mental note to self--Shilling refers to someone noticing Sailer style. Expect to be pilloried by the third teamers from the VFM.

Blogger DonReynolds September 28, 2017 11:22 AM  

"We're dealing with a political environment that I've never had any experience with," he said. "I'm telling you, the political seas and winds in this country right now ... are very hard to navigate, very hard to understand."

It is not hard to understand, Luther. It is just not purely about cash money. I am sure it is difficult for career politicians like Luther to function in a world that is not completely driven by dollar bills. In Luther's mind, which is apparently the common political viewpoint, money talks and nothing else matters. The Golden Rule is....He who has the gold, makes the rules.

Political campaigns are not political at all, they are fundraising contests and the heavy hitters are the cash donors. Voters do not decide elections, money and money donors decide elections, and they are repaid by government contracts, favorable legislation, tax cuts, government appointment, and favors for friends and relatives. THAT, boys and girls, is what Luther understands very well. He and his friends and allies outspent Judge Moore by 30 to 1 and lost the primary election. That is NOT how the world turns in their world and they understand none of it.

Blogger DonReynolds September 28, 2017 11:56 AM  

Pennywise wrote:The Alt-Right is a regurgitation of the Tea Party movement.

You are more correct than not. I was active with the Tea Party movement early on and it was determined to not be partisan in the least. That was before it made Sarah Palin their favorite pin-up and the Rockefeller Establishment Republicans and Chamber of Commerce showed up. Remember when TEA meant, Taxed Enough Already? Yes, it did not take long at all for the Tea Party movement to be fitted with a muzzle. "We cannot talk about that!" was a phrase I heard about fifty times before I believed they were serious, and that was when I walked out. So did quite a few people and they were replaced by Liberal minded Evangelicals and civic nationalists. All talk about the Tea Party becoming the Third Party dried up pretty quickly, once the Republicans showed up. Why? Because the Tea Party as Third Party would have decimated the Republican Party, not the Democrat Party.

I don't really know the genesis of the Alt-Right movement. I was probably too busy with Miss DD 5'8" in those days. My viewpoint has not budged since I graduated from college and it was like finding a new favorite restaurant. They had nearly every one of my favorite foods on the same menu. How they decided on that menu, I am sure I do not know, but as long as they hold to the present course, I will be considered to be Alt-Right. When they decide to "compromise" and put up a bigger tent, we will see.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts