ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Forget moderation, stand up and fight!

I'm not going to pretend that this new SJW-swarming is unexpected... or that it isn't mildly amusing, especially in light of how soon after our initial exchange it happened. But that doesn't make it right, or anything that we will ignore. The thing is, you can either learn from someone else's example or through your own experience. Ethan van Sciver, the talented DC artist whom you may recall lecturing me about the importance of being nice and civil and respectful to SJWs, is presently learning the lessons of Social Justice the hard way. Moderation won't save you. Civility won't save you. Nothing will save you except standing up to them and fighting them openly, because they are all offense, no defense.

Because they don't need your permission to attack you, and if they can't find an excuse to do so, they will manufacture one.
Asher Elbein @asher_elbein
I've been watching the Ethan Van Sciver harassment of @darrylayo over the weekend, and hearing stuff about him for a lot longer. I'd like to write about it for The Atlantic, so I'm putting out a call: if you've been harassed by him or his trolls, DMs and email are open.

Brendan H. Wright@BrendanWasright
Comics is worse for having Ethan Van Sciver in it. The fact that one of the major publishers’ major artists faces no consequences for sustained racist attacks on a fellow artist says about all one needs to know about DC. He has no place among decent people.

Tim Doyle@NakatomiTim
Ethan Van Sciver is tweeting artistic collaboration with deeply transphobic, woman hating, Milo-loving, darling of the Alt-Right-Jordan Peterson...In case you needed more evidence EVS is a disgusting trash fire of a human.

Kieran Shiach@KingImpulse
If you’ve been harassed by Ethan Van Sciver, Richard C. Meyer or their army of trolls and would like to talk about it, you can get in touch with either myself or @asher_elbein, in confidence, to tell your story.

davidbathsheba‏@hermanos
Ethan Van Sciver is what happens when an industry prizes professionalism over checking bad actors on sight.

darrylayo@darrylayo
All Ethan Van Sciver does is fuck with people, pick on people, attack people, direct others to attack people and occasionally draw I dunno, green lantern or some shit

Matt Santori@FotoCub
Yes. @DCComics needs to decide if putting Ethan Van Sciver on books is worth losing sales and promotion from sites that will refuse to review/advertise ANYTHING his name is on, as mine informed them directly.

Mark O. Stack@MarkOStack
I haven't said anything because I didn't know what I could add to the situation, but I really just added towards a culture of silence that lets bad people get away with things. Ethan Van Sciver is a bigot and a bully leading harassment campaigns. @DCComics should cut ties.

Layman@themightylayman
Is it my feed, or my imagination, or is the comics community growing weary of Ethan Van Sciver’s asshole antics and his fuckhead cadre of alt-right bullies?
This is a textbook swarming complete with the open appeals to the presumably amenable authorities at SJW-converged DC Comics. We'll see if they're successful or not; it doesn't look like they are making much headway with either the media or the masses, but then, the obvious goal here is merely provide cover for their fellow SJWs at DC to pull the trigger. There is only one way to answer these people, and that is to fight back at every opportunity, show neither hesitation nor remorse, and defeat them resoundingly. Which is exactly what we have done and what we will continue to do. Speaking of SJW-swarms, thanks VERY much to all the 802 backers and counting, as we have just hit the fifth and final goal for Will Caligan's Comic!

UPDATE: The campaign has ended. All goals achieved. A clean green sweep. Now THAT is what winning looks like! The first stage, anyway. The next win will be when the first Arkhaven comic illustrated by Will Caligan hits the market. And it will be glorious. Thanks very much to all 822 of you who made this happen!

Labels: ,

64 Comments:

Blogger Jim January 29, 2018 6:14 PM  

Maybe he needs a job.

Blogger tuberman January 29, 2018 6:18 PM  

It was at $57,441, and I put in for $65 on 3rd Hardbound, but someone else added about the same time. Anyhow great news!

Anonymous Man of the Atom January 29, 2018 6:22 PM  

Outstanding!

Blogger tuberman January 29, 2018 6:23 PM  

Now it begins for EVS. Will he read VD's books, or will he apologize, and face even worse?

Blogger MendoScot January 29, 2018 6:28 PM  

If you want a laugh at all those saying that the artwork on AltHero and Arkhaven comics are not up to industry standards - go have a look at Darryl Ayo's work.

XKCD is Leonardo fucking DaVinci compared to his scribbling.

Blogger L' Aristokrato January 29, 2018 6:34 PM  

Oh yes, the genocidal monster Ethan Van Sciver... Truly, his reign of evil must be stopped!
SJWs really are a "special" breed. If anything, EVS' biggest flaw is being too nice.

Anonymous Wooly January 29, 2018 6:38 PM  

@5

XKCD is Leonardo fucking DaVinci compared to his scribbling.

I looked. You're right. Does this guy make his money doing this?

Blogger Dave January 29, 2018 6:39 PM  

Suppose you've heard of somebody who has hundreds of VFM at their beck and call. Surely there must be some immediate tactic whereby these VFM stand and fight a SJW twitterswarm and nip it in the bud?

OpenID markstoval January 29, 2018 6:39 PM  

Here is a guy fighting back. (don't know much about his platform --- I just like YouTube getting it in the shorts)

Resurrecting YouTube's Banned Videos and Channels

http://www.unz.com/announcement/resurrecting-youtubes-banned-videos-and-channels/

Blogger CM January 29, 2018 6:43 PM  

Wow. They make him sound so extreme.

Blogger Astrosmith January 29, 2018 6:45 PM  

Vox, may we assume you have already forwarded a copy of SJWAL and/or SJWADD to EVS?

Blogger Cataline Sergius January 29, 2018 6:48 PM  

Ethan, you can be savage in your boldness or just go under.

There is no third choice called being nice to everybody because we are in a civil war and those are very uncivil.

Good luck to you anyway.

HAIL MEDUSA!

Blogger VD January 29, 2018 6:50 PM  

HAIL MEDUSA!

I love it when a joke finds a life of its own.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab January 29, 2018 6:51 PM  

Unz loves him some illegals. He estimates you have a better chance of being hit by lightning than killed by an illegal. See, he doesn't look at the actual numbers, he models it to fit.

Anonymous Wooly January 29, 2018 6:52 PM  

"Whoomp, There it Is!" still makes $50k/yr in royalties, so I could see Ayo making money.

I've been doing life wrong. I'm working too hard for too little. I need to start making stupid shit and selling it to the MPAI...

...for my soul.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan January 29, 2018 6:54 PM  

With my super power bow tie in place I would say those anti-EVS comments are representations of unimpeachable moral legitimacy.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club January 29, 2018 6:58 PM  

The notion of "if we're reasonable, they're reasonable" is surprisingly common among non-SJWs. Is it mere inexperience, willful blindness, or the rather childlike belief that if you act nice, people will "see" you're a good person?

OpenID markstoval January 29, 2018 7:03 PM  

Ok, I am in under my other name. Best charity offering in years.

Good bless all the guys who could give big money.

Anonymous Looking Glass January 29, 2018 7:03 PM  

The Asher guy at the top actually blocked EVS before looking for dirt.

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/958019466364882944


Medusa is actually probably more apt. When it comes to SJWs, chop of the head (metaphorically), then use it to turn the rest to stone. Considering how quickly they normally flee in terror when you destroy one of them, maybe we should call it Offense the "Perseus Program" or something.

Anonymous Man of the Atom January 29, 2018 7:04 PM  

Vox: Campaign just ended. I think the Freestartr guys gave you the European time for the conclusion.

$58,476 and 819 backers.

Blogger 63worldseries January 29, 2018 7:08 PM  

but but we had til midnight!!!

Anonymous Spike January 29, 2018 7:09 PM  

How many of you are willing to bet they smelled his fear during the Jon Malin interview

Blogger pyrrhus January 29, 2018 7:09 PM  

Unz loves him some illegals. He estimates you have a better chance of being hit by lightning than killed by an illegal. See, he doesn't look at the actual numbers, he models it to fit.

Ron overlooks the fact that we can't do anything about lightning strikes, but we can do a lot about illegals....Nevertheless, Ron has been a tremendous resource for the right, and I was honored to support his campaign at Harvard.

Blogger Rashadjin January 29, 2018 7:09 PM  

@17 Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club

It's projection, actually. You see others as how you think the world is tinged with how you are yourself.

SJWs see bigotry in everything because they think the world is full of bigotry (and are themselves total bigots).

EVS sees the world as full of reasonable people because he, himself, is ever so reasonable.

Ethnocentrism is this projection writ large.

Blogger tublecane January 29, 2018 7:14 PM  

Vox, you clearly revved up your reality-bending device to create the illusion of a swarm around this Van Scriver person, just to make a point. Nothing else could explain the alacrity with which his position became untenable after grappling with you.

Kindly place reality back in a position where moderation is the only reasonable way forward, and safe spaces from the Culture War not only exist but are the natural state everything without extremists (especially rightist ones) interfering./s

Blogger eharmonica January 29, 2018 7:15 PM  

I was able to donate as of 4:12PM Western.

Blogger James Dixon January 29, 2018 7:23 PM  

> The next win will be when the first Arkhaven comic illustrated by Will Caligan hits the market.

And the final win will be when Will has 2 or 3 continuing series published under the ArkHaven banner and available at a comic store near you.

It's only a matter of time.

Anonymous IncoherentM January 29, 2018 7:27 PM  

Proud to do my part, as small as it was, toward meeting Mr. Caligan's Comic goals. Excited to read the comics.

BTW, the FreeStart website shows the campaign has ended.

Blogger VD January 29, 2018 7:28 PM  

How many of you are willing to bet they smelled his fear during the Jon Malin interview

Precisely. He showed weakness and thereby encouraged an attack.

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky January 29, 2018 7:49 PM  

I can't even follow this dispute. It seems like everything erupted on Twitter, with some YouTube interviews thrown in the mix, and those interviews don't have transcripts so that's hours of audio/video to pour through. In the Jon Malin interview EVS repeatedly said he thought Darryl Ayo was a man of honor, too, despite differing politics.

It's impossible to see what the SJWs are shrieking about, what their trigger was exactly. They are raising a cackling, shrieking warren that must be appeased because -- it's a cackling, shrieking warren.

What tyrannical, vile little worms, these SJWs. Everybody is going to cheer the day when we all are free of these wormish tyrants.

Blogger Bradley Matthews January 29, 2018 7:51 PM  

Called it. Better send him a copy of your book ASAP. Just got in at the end of Will's campaign. Sorry for the delay. Been very busy. Bought all 3 paperbacks. That was an honorable campaign Vox. My already high esteem for you just went a little higher.

Blogger eharmonica January 29, 2018 7:52 PM  

Sorry, I was able to donate as of 4:12 Pacific Time.

I had initially written the EST time, but then changed it to my own time zone, oppo of East is West and, ah, shit.

Anonymous IndecisiveEvidence January 29, 2018 7:53 PM  

These stock pics of Will's work are really good. What are they all from?

Blogger wreckage January 29, 2018 8:03 PM  

These people don't understand that radicalizing the moderates and collapsing the center is going to see them destroyed.


Blogger tuberman January 29, 2018 8:12 PM  

33. wreckage

Question is: Will we run out of popcorn?

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd January 29, 2018 8:12 PM  

OT, but interesting:
WASHINGTON — Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, disregarding Justice Department warnings that their actions would be “extraordinarily reckless,” voted Monday evening to release a contentious secret memorandum said to accuse the department and the F.B.I. of misusing their authority to obtain a secret surveillance order on a former Trump campaign associate.
From https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/us/politics/release-the-memo-vote-house-intelligence-republicans.html


Written by teh Ebil Repukes, so the Dems and the nudes media will wave their duct-taped magic hamster and declare it partisan and bogus, while the competing Sekrit Memo written by the Dems is True and Beautiful.

I like the extraordinarily reckless part. The GOP hasn't show such fortitude in decades. I wonder how the GOPe intend to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and how Trump will drag them to victory despite their best laid plans.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 29, 2018 8:15 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:Trump will drag them to victory despite their best laid plans.

So very true.

Anonymous trev006 January 29, 2018 8:16 PM  

Ah, dammit. I was counting on being able to donate when I got home. Quite the accomplishment overall though!

Blogger tublecane January 29, 2018 8:21 PM  

The playbook says to choose a target, isolate it, and point and shriek until it's outside polite society. You don't have to have anything in particular to shriek about, though it helps. At least in the early stages.

Later on, it may actually help not to have no specific complaint. Because you're attacking the entire personhood of the target, not something that could be excused. And they don't need to wait around for regular people to be triggered into action. There are mobs waiting around for something to shriek about.

Blogger Cetera January 29, 2018 8:42 PM  

OT:
Saw this on Reddit, loved it, thought of Arkhaven:
https://i.redd.it/63t1v8wqr2d01.png

I'm super glad that the campaign hit all the stretch goals. Way to be, guys!

Blogger Nate January 29, 2018 8:44 PM  

So... looks like Ethan is gonna be looking for work here pretty soon.

Blogger Brad Matthews January 29, 2018 9:27 PM  

His campaign may sound a bit odd: nonveteran, unk religious affiliated, SJW friendly comic artist swarmed by SJW hive of former colleagues for interviewing Nazis....

Anonymous Kat January 29, 2018 9:44 PM  

Meh, I doubt he gets a campaign.

What he might get a call one evening asking if he'd like to trade in his bow tie for a skull and cross bones.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd January 29, 2018 9:54 PM  

What the hell did this guy do? Did he firebomb a Mississippi church or something?

These people don't do themselves any favors when they act like mild-mannered guys are as threatening as a bloodthirsty African warlord somewhere.

Blogger maniacprovost January 29, 2018 9:55 PM  

Well, I was at work for the entire window in which Book 3 was available, so I couldn't order it. Might look into emailing someone.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd January 29, 2018 9:59 PM  

Thanks very much for sharing that. It looks great.

Blogger Bob Loblaw January 29, 2018 10:20 PM  

Ethan Van Sciver is tweeting artistic collaboration with deeply transphobic, woman hating, Milo-loving, darling of the Alt-Right-Jordan Peterson...

Wow. They sure get their panties in a bunch when you point out men are men and women are women.

Blogger Ostar January 29, 2018 11:14 PM  

Damn it, I missed the window to help by hours. Any chance of making a late contribution?

Blogger wreckage January 30, 2018 12:01 AM  

@46 I was totally unprepared for that sentence to end with "Jordan Peterson". The guy is the darling of every practically minded person from the centre-left on over.

Blogger Bobiojimbo January 30, 2018 12:06 AM  

If EVs does get canned, I wouldn't mind backing him on Freestartr. I got some free time now, so maybe I'll join the counter attack on Twitter.

Anonymous Just another commenter January 30, 2018 12:52 AM  

@48 - Likewise. But when you are far enough to the left, the center looks an awfully long way off, so it MUST be hard right, right?

Though to be fair, I'd bet that he'll end up a part of the Alt-Right eventually, because he's smart, logical, educated, and likes principled consistency.

Blogger tublecane January 30, 2018 1:47 AM  

@50-While true, that's not why they mentioned Jordan Peterson. Rather, it's because his interview with that brain-dead woman (I repeat myself) has been giving the alt-right aid and comfort recently. He is therefore objectively alt-right, as a Marxist might say.

Blogger The Overgrown Hobbit January 30, 2018 2:26 AM  

Good show, Vox Day and the Ilk. You do yourselves proud.

Blogger John M January 30, 2018 3:48 AM  

wreckage wrote:These people don't understand that radicalizing the moderates and collapsing the center is going to see them destroyed.



You can look at Nancy Pelosi, under her leadership the Blue Dogs Democrats went extinct and the House Democrats went from majority to perpetually members of the suck thumb brigade. Yet her power and influence in the party grew stronger. These SJWs only care about power, and you can have much of that even without winning.

Anonymous The authors who bought into VD are prob confused at the turn to comics January 30, 2018 5:33 AM  

Nate wrote:So... looks like Ethan is gonna be looking for work here pretty soon.

At the shop that authorized the original Quantum Mortis cover?

The same shop that now denigrates Ethan?

Mayhap Ethan has more options than that.

Anonymous Killua January 30, 2018 5:46 AM  

Awesome campaign. Thank you for this Vox.

Blogger James Dixon January 30, 2018 5:58 AM  

> Mayhap Ethan has more options than that.

I'm sure Ethan thinks he will. I'm also sure he's going to be surprised when he finds that's not the case. It's possible one of the independents will pick him up; under a false name, at half the usual rate.

Anonymous Quantum Mortis is mediocre art January 30, 2018 6:06 AM  

James Dixon wrote:> Mayhap Ethan has more options than that.

I'm sure Ethan thinks he will. I'm also sure he's going to be surprised when he finds that's not the case. It's possible one of the independents will pick him up; under a false name, at half the usual rate.


Mediocre artists are always available. Ethan is not a mediocre artist.

Blogger VD January 30, 2018 6:41 AM  

The same shop that now denigrates Ethan?

Who is denigrating Ethan? The SJWs are. Not us.

Blogger wreckage January 30, 2018 7:18 AM  

Another of those conversations that indicates that the group consciousness of SJWs is schizophrenic:

VD: Sciver is getting mobbed, for shame!
SJWs: I DON'T LIKE THE QUANTUM MORTIS COVER!

Listen up, you inveterate losers: just as you created the Alt-Right, and White Identity Politics, you are now creating the Right Wing Comics Industry. You are the will causing it to come into being; Vox is merely proximate.

It is your self loathing that brings this about, every time, but your cowardice that forces you to proxy your self-mutilation by attacking others and destroying systems until inevitably they turn on you; like an abused dog or a mishandled power tool, respectively.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 30, 2018 10:19 AM  

@30 a deplorable rubberducky

It's impossible to see what the SJWs are shrieking about, what their trigger was exactly. They are raising a cackling, shrieking warren that must be appeased because -- it's a cackling, shrieking warren.
---

They are in a point and shriek. Who knows what the exact infraction is. I would have thought EVS having VD on a vid at all would have caused one. Looks like I still have a lot to learn about them.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 30, 2018 10:28 AM  

@51 tublecane
@50-While true, that's not why they mentioned Jordan Peterson. Rather, it's because his interview with that brain-dead woman (I repeat myself) has been giving the alt-right aid and comfort recently.
---

I've seen some epic "So you're saying that ..." memes from that exchange :P

"So you're saying that" is very similar to the gamma tell "seems" - "You seem to be saying" blah blah.

Does anybody like talking with someone who tries to rephrase everything you say right after you say it?

I meant what I said the first time, beyotch!

Blogger Were-Puppy January 30, 2018 10:34 AM  

EVS is a nice guy, and very talented. This episode is going to be an education on SJW swarms.

Will he ignore them?
Will he fight back?
Will he bend over and let them rob him of his career?

Blogger S1AL January 30, 2018 3:48 PM  

Latest Update:

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/958375940006006784

Looks like the long-and-short is that the lead SJW's got their bluff called. But EVS has painted a target on his back now.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts