ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Why we crack down hard

Takimag's elimination of its comment section underlines why the moderators and I act so swiftly, and ruthlessly, to eliminate commenters who even appear to be inclined to attempt disrupting the discourse, hijacking the mic, changing the subject, or disqualifying and discrediting me.
While we would prefer to have a free and open forum for our readers, a few bad eggs seem incapable of communicating as though they were in good company and have in so doing, ruined it for the the rest of you. So in a way, yes, you can blame (((them))), or at least those who blame (((them))), for this gag.

However, many of you do have something to add, and we would like to hear from you. Please email the mailroom so that we may post a selection of letters from our readers on a weekly basis, and in so doing, perhaps raise the bar above the pale from where it fell off.

As many of you will appreciate, Takimag is run like a dictatorship, rather than a nanny state, and therefore a moderated site is not an option we are considering at this time. Up until now moderation has been ineffective and seems to only encourage the bastards who ruin the exchanges many of you enjoy and will likely miss.

At this point, we would be ever so grateful if you would kindly give the steady stream of childish threats to abandon Takimag forever a rest and be grateful we provide this platform for you and our writers, and that they have something intelligent to say week after week.
For more than a decade, we kept the comments open and anonymous while primarily focusing our moderation efforts on the trolls, of the psychologically unstable, ideological, and professional varieties, as they popped up. This approach was fairly effective, but time-consuming. However, as our understanding of the socio-sexual hierarchy has developed and deepened, we've come to understand that there are certain classes of commenters who will reliably, over time, become disruptive even if it is not their intention to do so. We also found the task of moderation to be increasingly Sisyphean, as the more stubborn trolls simply changed their names again and again and again. Hence my decision to lock down the comments and limit them to registered commenters.

Now, one of the strengths of this blog is the pattern recognition possessed by both me and the long-term commenters. If we haven't seen it all before, we've seen an awful lot of it. So, if you're a monomaniac, an attention seeker, or someone who is "just having fun", the chances are that you're not going to last long before going into the spam trap. To summarize, if you insist on creating work for me and the moderators, for any reason, then we don't want you here. Don't ignore or blow off a warning, because the chances are there will not be a second one. The blog was here before you started commenting and it will be here long after you stop.

Given the trouble that some commenters appear to be having with Blogger not playing nicely with their browser, I should also point out that I will always tell you that you are being spammed. If you have not been so informed, then you should assume that the issue is with your browser, not your commenting status, and that the only possible fix is on your end. So, if you are having problems commenting, please don't ask me or inform me about it. There is literally nothing I can do for you in that regard, except tell you to try different browsers and browser settings.

It's been two months or so since I locked down the comments and I have to say that despite a few dire predictions, the end result has been entirely satisfactory. Traffic remains strong, the number of trolls has been significantly reduced, and the amount of spam has fallen by more than 95 percent.

Labels: ,

81 Comments:

Blogger Avalanche April 03, 2018 8:16 AM  

Huzzah for both you and your moderators! And thanks for the excellent leadership(of your own blog).

Blogger pdwalker April 03, 2018 8:20 AM  

It’s hard to argue with effective results.

Blogger maniacprovost April 03, 2018 8:43 AM  

Takimag thinks the option is either (1) Complete free speech, OR (2) No comments at all. Interesting.

Blogger LibertyPortraits April 03, 2018 8:45 AM  

Makes me wonder if there are any other ways to deal with bad apples who ruin it for everyone.

Blogger maniacprovost April 03, 2018 8:45 AM  

Oh, Vox, your position on private speech is quite similar to the Hoppean position on private law / communities / borders.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) April 03, 2018 8:49 AM  

So in a way, yes, you can blame (((them))), or at least those who blame (((them))), for this gag.

Ironic that they keep getting kicked out of their host communities.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira April 03, 2018 9:04 AM  

It's true, some of the troll activity has died down lately.

@4 The first time I ever used a 2400 baud modem to log onto a BBS (long time ago), the first thing I encountered was shitposting on a guitar tabs board. So, no. It seems to be natural human behaviour. Enjoy it when you can!

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 03, 2018 9:05 AM  

"Takimag thinks the option is either (1) Complete free speech, OR (2) No comments at all."

Or maybe they just don't have the infrastructure to make a quality compromise.

Blogger Linda Fox April 03, 2018 9:08 AM  

Just checking to see if I can still comment - I spent most of yesterday eliminating the linkages between FB and other sites. I'm finding that keeps me from commenting on some blogs.

Blogger Steve April 03, 2018 9:11 AM  

So in a way, yes, you can blame (((them))), or at least those who blame (((them))), for this gag.

The monomaniacal net nazis over at Taki's place were a drag. You couldn't read an article about, say, Venetian architecture or the movies of Tom Cruise without hearing a rumbling in the comments section.

Vroom! Vroooom!

"Uh oh," you'd think. "It's the Tard Reich!"

Vrooooom! screamed their rhetorical mobility scooters. Then they'd debouch, fursuits encrusted with pizza sauce and miscellaneous biological fluids, plastic stalhelms askew, a whiff of chicken tendies in the air.

"Has anyone mentioned... ((((((((DA JOOOOOZ))))))))))?"

Blogger Mint April 03, 2018 9:17 AM  

I had trouble posting Easter greeting on Easter post day. The comment just vanished after the page gave message that my comment was published. Nowhere to be seen. Oh well, it happens more than one or two times too many already to bother to re-type that one. Reading here is the main objective for me. That is enough. Thank you for the reading materials these many years.

Blogger Uncle John's Band April 03, 2018 9:26 AM  

Good to hear that the metrics reflect the qualitative experience. This is such a unique venue - it's my favorite place to read and post for what that's worth.

Thank you for taking the time and steps to maintain this.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan April 03, 2018 9:27 AM  

I assume a large portion of the shit posting concerning (((them))) is from them, because as distasteful as a lot of it is it benefits them in their evolutionary way.

Same for whites, all the white power tardreich crap and all the essays from the suit and tie WN and little to show for it, but wind up an anti-white lunatic and you have gold. It is why I say White Zionism its time has arrived.

Blogger RC April 03, 2018 9:30 AM  

@Linda Fox: This kind of post always strikes me. Why wouldn't you just run a test on an old played-out post instead of forcing thousands to read about your test? It just seems like common courtesy.

Blogger James Dixon April 03, 2018 9:31 AM  

> Takimag thinks the option is either (1) Complete free speech, OR (2) No comments at all.

The fact that someone makes a choice doesn't necessarily mean they think that's the only choice available.

> Makes me wonder if there are any other ways to deal with bad apples who ruin it for everyone.

The government frowns on using an updated Chernobyl virus to fry their motherboards.

Blogger Sherwood family April 03, 2018 9:33 AM  

The blog rules are part of what makes this place great. And VD and the moderators do a fantastic job facilitating real discussion even when it gets heated without letting it degenerate into mindless monomania or trolling.

If Vox Popoli is not a daily visit for you I don't know what's wrong with you. And if you do not read the comments here you are missing out on half of the value of the blog.

OpenID turk187 April 03, 2018 9:36 AM  

I've never heard of Takimag, but I am far less likely to spend time on a site with no commenting at all. I'm fine with moderation, but I like a bit of discussion about an interesting or full-of-s*** post.

Blogger VD April 03, 2018 9:42 AM  

Banned from commenting, Mr. BAD. That is different from being spammed.

Blogger bob kek mando - ( I love the smell of Autism on the internet. It smells like ... victoREEEEEEEEE ) April 03, 2018 9:47 AM  

11. Mint April 03, 2018 9:17 AM
The comment just vanished after the page gave message that my comment was published. Nowhere to be seen.



that's Blogspot. it's been happening to a lot of us for the last six months.


just happened to me again over at Cataline's a couple of days ago.



14. RC April 03, 2018 9:30 AM
Why wouldn't you just run a test on an old played-out post instead of forcing thousands to read about your test? It just seems like common courtesy.



because Facebook linking might be an issue for some other people?

it would actually be amusing if Vox Popoli were to start flagging accounts that were Facebook linked.

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 9:54 AM  

You guys can't have a discussion because that's not what you want. You want to be right. Then you say the non-conformist isn't adding to the discussion (echo chamber). Then you throw out the first invective (ie whiplash). Your a bunch of middle age wimps.

Blogger Steve April 03, 2018 9:56 AM  

Your a bunch of middle age wimps.

Vrooom! Vrooooom, I say!

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 10:02 AM  

" our understanding of the socio-sexual hierarchy has developed and deepened"
What Neo-Freudian Psycho Babble from guy with a BS in Economics and had hair.

Blogger Lazarus April 03, 2018 10:02 AM  

@11

That happens with Pale Moon. I switched to IE and use it if I want to share my whimsical treasures and pithy insights.

Also at Takimag, Theodore Dalrymble on Uncivil Society:

The totalitarian impulse did not die with the Soviet Union, but rather fractured into many different monomanias. The freedom that many people desire is the freedom to limit other people’s freedom, which they find much more gratifying than the mere expression of their own opinion, which has at most the effect of throwing a pebble into a pond, causing a ripple that soon disappears and is forgotten. Surely I am more important than that, and my opinion deserves to dictate to others?

http://takimag.com/article/an_uncivil_society_theodore_dalrymple/print#ixzz5BcLHEqma

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) April 03, 2018 10:07 AM  

Your a bunch of middle age wimps.

*ur

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 10:10 AM  

@22
Quit responding to ghosts a-hole.

Vrooom! Vrooooom, I say.

Blogger AnvilTiger April 03, 2018 10:11 AM  

I locked down FB yesterday by disabling applications. I will see how that impacts my ability to comment on other sites.

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 10:11 AM  

@22
Ditto what I said to Stevie.

OpenID markstoval April 03, 2018 10:12 AM  

Vox: "Banned from commenting, Mr. BAD. That is different from being spammed."

I don't understand the difference between "spammed" and "banned". Could someone give a guy a little help please.

Oh, and I would like to say that the comment section here is very good. The moderators and our host do a great job.

Blogger The Kurgan April 03, 2018 10:12 AM  

It’s not an unreasonable position to take. And if duelling to the death in person for outrage at a comment was actually possible, then comment sections would be at last civilised very quickly.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) April 03, 2018 10:15 AM  

I don't understand the difference between "spammed" and "banned". Could someone give a guy a little help please.

My understanding is that "banned" only prevents you from commenting here, while "spammed" can prevent you from commenting on any blogger site.

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 10:18 AM  

Spammed and banned are synonyms. They both mean VD doesn't like you.

Blogger The Kurgan April 03, 2018 10:18 AM  

I for one look forward to this brave digital knight charging on his warhorse at a VD shaped windmill.

Blogger Rabbi B April 03, 2018 10:19 AM  

OP poster children, OP poster children everywhere ...

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) April 03, 2018 10:21 AM  

Vrooom! Vrooooom, I say!

GOOD DAY SIR!

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Blogger Jamie-R April 03, 2018 10:22 AM  

Sidenote:
"Let their screams be our hymms as we ascend into heaven"
This Far Cry 5 game really is like fighting the Dread Ilk.

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 10:25 AM  

Come on, fight me like a man VD. Show some of that Warrior spirit that is running hot in your loins.

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 10:31 AM  

As a longtime reader and commenter at Taki's, the main attraction of the site was the high level of much of the commentariat, many of whom were quite scholarly. While Jim Goad, Dalrymple, and Taki produced some fine articles, many of the contributions were of a much lesser quality.
It's quite clear that the banning of comments was due to the fact that comments about (((them))) made Taki and his daughter, who move in High Society, nervous. Ironically, many of the recent comments linked the spunky 2% to increasing censorship....

Blogger Rambam April 03, 2018 10:32 AM  

@27
You're quite a bit like Don Quixote yourself.
Except you have on more X.

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 10:39 AM  

The quoted paragraphs, no doubt written by Taki's daughter Mandolyna (because Taki is a much better writer than that) are quite disingenuous and even churlish in light of the fact that Taki's has never had any rules or guidelines about commentary.
But word of mouth is that several commenters had been banned, temporarily or permanently, for comments about Those Who May Not Be Criticized.

Blogger Gordon Scott April 03, 2018 10:41 AM  

I suspect Takimag does not have the volunteer moderators that this site enjoys. It might be interesting to read a book on how to recruit, select and moderate the moderators/volunteers that have made Castalia, Arkhaven and other projects successful. Of course, it presumes you have the influence to attract the recruits.

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 10:44 AM  

Last year, Safari eliminated the comment box on this blog, and apparently some others, so I had to move to Chrome. Not sure if that was a glitch, because Safari is also losing other functions, or intentional.

Blogger pdwalker April 03, 2018 10:55 AM  

@34 pyrrhus,

Add a ?m=1 to the end of the url and you’ll get your comment box back.

There seems to be a theme problem between the mobile safari browser on tablet sized pages which causes the comment box to disappear. The/ current solution is to force the desktop theme, our use a desktop browser.

Blogger SidVic April 03, 2018 10:59 AM  

I agree pyrrhus. The comments at taki's were often the best part. However, i have noted a decline in the recent past. check out comments after "England’s Assisted Suicide" article by Goad. I agree with VD that the dross is mostly just boring.

I was shadowbanned from powerline several months ago for very mild criticism of jonah Goldberg. I also enjoyed gently trolling national review (they irritated me by firing derbyshire and steyn) but they have now closed open comments! What's a boy to do?

Blogger Steve April 03, 2018 11:06 AM  

GOOD DAY SIR!

I SAID GOOD DAY!


ACKSHUALLY, every day is a good day in the ethnostate. It's like the Big Rock Candy Mountain, but raciss.

OpenID luismanblog April 03, 2018 11:06 AM  

A German conservative blog has just reported, that the BKA (the German FBI) runs a number of accounts for the purpose of commenting on "right wing" blogs, in order to undermine the blogs with distracting comments, often citing their "holy scripture" (Marx, Frankfurt school, etc.) without identifying the source. There are also a few half-private organisations which do that, sponsored by mainstream media and grant from government sources.

In case the link doesn't work: the name of the blog is "conservo.wordpress.com" and the post is from April 3 (today). Translate with DeepL (better than google translate).
https://conservo.wordpress.com/2018/04/03/vorsicht-deutsche-behoerden-schleichen-sich-in-chats-und-internet-foren-ein/

Blogger Bufface April 03, 2018 11:09 AM  

While there are plenty of degenerate kneckbeards who plague internet opinion forums, there is also something more insidious going on.

Money from deep-pocket elites(Soros and such) are used to control or disrupt forums that could potentially threaten the narrative. The money needed to do so is chump change to those attempting the control, but is quite large and important to opinion forums who rarely ever make any money except through donations.

Two examples:

1. Large imporatant forums are influenced directly with "donations"
Example: Freerepublic.com
This was one the earliest forums on the right and has been constantly begging for money since the day it went up. During the Bush jr. years the website owner made an abrupt change in opinion. Initially he was opposed to the Bush family, however he soon came to tightly control any criticism of the Bush administration to the point of banning many posters who rightly pointed out the disasterous path the Bush 2 presidency was following.

The reason for this change was revealed during the regular beg-a-thons where the owner joked that a mysterious "Cowboy from Texas" had stepped up to donate a large check and satisfy the beg-a-thon donation goal.


2. Forums that are smaller and less important are instead targeted for destruction by paid disrupters.

Example: Libertypost.com

This forum was started as an alternative to freerepublic.com, but was plagued by a number of individuals who posted disrupting comments hundreds of times a day. Many of the legitimate posters consantly wondered why these disruptors were allowed to continue to post. Eventually it was revealed that these "trolls" would regularly cut checks for thousands of dollars to the websites owner in order to avoid being banned. Likely these "trolls" were being funded by Soros-type interest groups.

Even if the forums owner has integrity and does not accept money from those who seek to control public opinion, the forum will be constantly attacked by paid trolls.

It is not difficult to imagine that there are deep pockets who are capable of supporting many otherwise unemployable losers for $20-30k a year to comment all day on forums that threaten the ruling elite.

Blogger GK Chesterton April 03, 2018 11:19 AM  

"It's quite clear that the banning of comments was due to the fact that comments about (((them))) made Taki and his daughter, who move in High Society, nervous"

If Taki is nervous he would have been nervous long ago. He's open about his opinions and as far as I can tell always has been.

Blogger Cloudbuster April 03, 2018 11:20 AM  

If a whole bunch of your readers email you to say they're not going to visit the site anymore because of a change you've made, that's not childish. I've seen many, many Taki's readers remark over the years that they come for the comments. Calling those who bothered to express their displeasure childish seems akin to Hillary Clinton calling half of the U.S. population "deplorable." As with Spinal Tap, I predict Taki's appeal will become ... more selective.

OpenID bgkoranburner April 03, 2018 11:33 AM  

It did take me a while to get back to commenting, but it is a lot cleaner now.

OT: Someone finally beat my crazy Murse stories.
Diversity is Strength

"A 31-year old woman was admitted to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center yesterday after the 14-month old toddler she was babysitting got stuck in her vaginal cavity." http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/babysitter-transported-to-hospital-after-inserting-a-baby-in-her-vagina/

Blogger Quilp April 03, 2018 11:36 AM  

Well, aren't they special. You should be grateful to read them at all, and stop being childish because they have taken away your comment privileges based on the actions of others. Be grateful they provide you with a forum to read their wonderful thoughts at all.

Blogger bob kek mando - ( I love the smell of Autism on the internet. It smells like ... victoREEEEEEEEE ) April 03, 2018 11:45 AM  

43. Quilp April 03, 2018 11:36 AM
Be grateful they provide you with a forum to read their wonderful thoughts at all.



this is similar to the position of the Colorado Republican party, who thinks you should be grateful to vote for whomever the party picks as the nominee, regardless of who the popular support was for.

Blogger Warunicorn April 03, 2018 12:02 PM  

Aw, man. I used to comment there a lot for their weekly "The Week That Perished" article. (I highly encourage you guys to check it out every Sunday; it's a laugh riot.)

I used to comment here under the pseudonym, "Iacobus," until VD locked it down so now I'm forced to comment under my Google account...which I'm not entirely comfortable with as some I work with might see my alt-right leanings should they go looking. But that's OK. I wanted a war anyway.

It's not paranoia or a conspiracy if it's true. Everywhere (((they))) go, they cause trouble for any freedom-lover with nationalist leanings. (((They))) can be nationalists, though, because reasons. Remember that, goy.

Blogger Jack Amok April 03, 2018 12:06 PM  

Comments are great if the people making them have some notion of respect for the readership. Trolls of course don't, their entire purpose - paid or not - is to degrade the experience for the readership. Self-centered nitwits, monomaniacs, and moral exhibitionists don't either, they just see someone else's readership as a resource to exploit.

All Vox's rules here do is insist people show a little respect for the place.

Blogger Zagg April 03, 2018 12:25 PM  

31. pyrrhus: I also was a long-time regular commenter at Takimag. The Takitariat were among the best group of commenters I've seen anywhere on the Net. Yes, there were some who were prone to bang on about (((them))). Sometimes those comments were a propos, sometimes not. There was some ragging about having such comments deleted. And there were protests about some who made such comments being banned. But I fail to see how such comments were a serious problem. Eliminating the comments section seems an over-reaction. It's there site and they can do what they want, of course. But it does make me wonder what, and who, they are afraid of.

Blogger Zagg April 03, 2018 12:26 PM  

47. "their site" of course.

Blogger James April 03, 2018 12:30 PM  

I was banned from commenting on TakiMag about a year ago. Some mixed race black was using all the standard excuses for black behavior and performance, like racism, White privilege, race is a social construct, micro-aggressions, etc. I was able to post some "unpleasant" truths for about 4 times before I got the message about being banned. While there are some good articles on Taki's, I lost all respect for them at that time. I was not rude, just factual. But, in today's society the victim gets to play offended. I would go by about every 3 months and see if the ban was lifted. Nope. At least now, everyone is banned.

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 12:38 PM  

VD's moderation of comments should be a model for all opinion websites....Taki's is a disaster.
BTW, we readers put up with Taki's highly obnoxious and distracting popup ads for only one reason. That reason has disappeared, so good luck with the advertising revenue...

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 12:43 PM  

@49 It's strange, because I have made plenty of comments on Taki's that violated some of the apparent rules, and never been banned or received any messages...On the other hand, I have always praised articles and comments that I felt were outstanding.
Nor were commentators like Boris Badenov or Marcus Aurelius ever bothered....no consistency at all.

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 12:50 PM  

@47 Zagg, a few off target comments did not distract from the really impressive overall level of the comments. Indeed, many newer readers would comment that, for certain article writers, they would routinely skip the article and go straight to the comments...If you spent quality time on the site, as I did, you know which writers I am talking about.
In any event, that was high praise, and well deserved..

Blogger pyrrhus April 03, 2018 12:59 PM  

@41 Calling those who bothered to express their displeasure childish seems akin to Hillary Clinton calling half of the U.S. population "deplorable." As with Spinal Tap, I predict Taki's appeal will become ... more selective.

Precisely...The person responsible for that paragraph is the childish one, which I'm quite certain was Taki's daughter.
The fact of the matter is that Taki frequently published articles by friends of his, some of which were either hilariously irrelevant to anything, or just plain nuts.
The commentators performed a really useful function in keying off the nonsense to produce a good product for readers.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 03, 2018 1:44 PM  

RC wrote:Why wouldn't you just run a test on an old played-out post instead of forcing thousands to read about your test?
Because many sites, notably Ace's, will treat replying to an old post as a spam tactic and IP ban you.

OpenID Dave April 03, 2018 1:44 PM  

I'm not angry at Taki over this, and won't immediately stop reading its articles, but I also won't waste time writing a "letter to the editor" that will most likely be tossed in the trash.

Right-wingers will continue leaving comments on right-wing websites that link to Taki articles, but no one at Taki will read them, so Taki will drift into left-wing virtue-signaling until no one reads it any more.

Blogger tublecane April 03, 2018 2:12 PM  

@10-I blame society at large for pretend-Nazi trolls. If we were allowed to talk about certain things openly, that energy would be diffused across a wide variety of venues. Instead, we throttle it. Not as vociferously as in the U.K., for instance, but enough so that when people have the freedom to bring it up they go hog wild, like college kids on spring break .

Blogger D. Bay April 03, 2018 2:27 PM  

Same thing happened at the Internet Movie Database. Trolls got some of the best message boards online shut down.

Blogger VD April 03, 2018 2:38 PM  

Same thing happened at the Internet Movie Database. Trolls got some of the best message boards online shut down.

Indeed. It's almost as if those Nazis were Fake Right provocateurs....

Blogger Franz Lyonheart April 03, 2018 3:33 PM  

Safari eliminated the comment box on this blog, and apparently some others, so I had to move to Chrome.

Not just Safari, but everything Apple. Including Chrome (or any other browser) on iPad, iPhone, iMac,... I went as far as installing Brave on Ubuntu insiders a VirtualBox on my iMac, just to be able to comment on VP. Needless to say..., it was awkward and I didn't do it often anymore.

Blogger Franz Lyonheart April 03, 2018 3:36 PM  

Add a ?m=1 to the end of the url and you’ll get your comment box back.

Excellent. Indeed this works (Chrome on iPad). Thank you Sir.

So I'm back. I'm BACK. It's da Jooooooooooooos....... Sorry lol won't happen again.

Blogger Kona Commuter April 03, 2018 3:38 PM  

Trolls are utterly destructive. I've seen more than one forum destroyed because the moderators refused to do anything about the trolls. Just look at the nonsense in the comments section of Zero Hedge. Once one of the best sources for comments now it's utter drivel. Briebart comments are worthless as well.

I fully support one warning (for those that are just having a laugh) then ban on the second attempt.

Blogger Nathan April 03, 2018 3:42 PM  

It's sad, but I had honestly stopped scrolling down to the comments at Taki's a long time ago. Anyone claiming that there was high-level discourse going on must have been willing to sift through more obvious trolling and "I made $6,000 dollars from my house in Malaysia" spam than I ever could. I'll continue to read the articles and get my commenting fix from the contributor's websites if I need it.

Now, IMDB, on the other hand, has been rendered useless without the bulletin boards. Sure, they were stupid more often than not, but now what's the point of the website?

Blogger steve brown April 03, 2018 3:49 PM  

Yes, good job Vox, this seems to be working well. Now we need a rating system that will enable us to read the best comments first. Thanks!

Blogger Vaughan Williams April 03, 2018 5:05 PM  

About comments being eaten: today I found if I click the "back" button in time, my post is restored and I can click "publish" again.

Like a previous commenter, I'm not comfortable with my comments being linked to my gmail account, but I'm glad your moderation workload has dropped to a twentieth. It has been interesting being treated as a "new commenter".

Blogger Vaughan Williams April 03, 2018 5:06 PM  

Also, using Brave, I had to "drop shields" for commenting to work here.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 03, 2018 5:07 PM  

VD wrote:Indeed. It's almost as if those Nazis were Fake Right provocateurs....
Don't be ridiculous VD, who would pay people to disrupt the conversations on websites run by their ideological opponents. That would be dishonest! It would be dishonorable! Not cricket, old man.
We must be sure to always treat our honorable opposition as we would want to be treated, and I'm sure I speak for the activist Left that they would never countenance such a tactic.
Rather, we must take responsibility for our extremists, and make sure to destroy them for the Left. Failure to do so would make us like Stalin and Hitler and John Birch!

Blogger Lovekraft April 03, 2018 5:15 PM  

After the comments went down for a couple days, the "Week that Perished" article appeared, and so did the comments section.

I scrolled through about 70 of them and found nothing over the line. Many commented that they returned because traffic dropped off. I commented on a line in the article tut-tutting a South African woman for using the n-word (basically I pointed out that if this act gets condemned then takimag must be calling for tactical nukes and swift invasion of the country considering what the marxists are doing there).

Blogger Lovekraft April 03, 2018 5:17 PM  

I wonder if takimag was such a rich target (for speaking the truth) that there were attempts by the editors to clamp down on the Nazi larpers but couldn't keep up with the relentless attacks, thus closing down comments entirely.

I don't really care either way, as long as we still get Sailer, Goad, Derb and even Billy Bob.

As for Vox Popoli, this site is very important and I think myself and others can handle upstarts quite well.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 03, 2018 5:25 PM  

Nathan wrote:Sure, they were stupid more often than not, but now what's the point of the website?
The only point it ever really had. To answer the question "Oh, who is that guy that plays the murderer. I saw him in something last week. Didn't he play the whore's brother in "Dallas Vice Squad?"

Blogger Ahärôwn April 03, 2018 5:56 PM  

Thanks for the change, Vox. It made reading the comments section much nicer, and of course less time wasted for you and the other mods.

Blogger Dire Badger April 03, 2018 6:09 PM  

pyrrhus wrote:The quoted paragraphs, no doubt written by Taki's daughter Mandolyna (because Taki is a much better writer than that) are quite disingenuous and even churlish in light of the fact that Taki's has never had any rules or guidelines about commentary.

But word of mouth is that several commenters had been banned, temporarily or permanently, for comments about Those Who May Not Be Criticized.


I have been banned twice by criticizing (((Our Leaders)))

Blogger JWM in SD April 03, 2018 10:20 PM  

Test...havent posted in awhile.

Blogger Rambam April 04, 2018 12:40 AM  

Testing, testing gamma test:

Shirley Whiplash is an unemployed asshole.

Blogger tublecane April 04, 2018 3:22 AM  

I never had much use for Taki's comment section. Wouldn't rate it all that far above YouTube.

There are only two websites I visit regularly for the comment sections: here and Unz, mainly for Sailer. (But also for the Derb and others.) The mixture of people and moderation are superior here and there .

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts