ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Wikipedia: the information manager

This little exchange on a Wikipedia Talk page demonstrates the vital importance of Infogalactic as well as the fact that even the highest-ranking Wikipedians are well aware of the Planetary Knowledge Core and its potential significance. You will note that Wikipedia admins are primarily concerned with managing "publicity" and concealing relevant information from the public instead of making it available to them.
Pictures of murderers?
Is there a reason why they are not shown in the article? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 93.142.184.18 (talk) 19:05, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

Why do you want to give them publicity? Doug Weller talk 19:40, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

They're available on Infogalactic here: https://infogalactic.com/info/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom — Preceding unsigned comment added by 216.228.112.21 (talk) 22:32, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

The pictures of those disgusting criminals are shown in nearly all news articles covering the event. I think we should show the pictures so their faces are forever associated with that act of evil they committed. Mr Ernie (talk) 18:02, 6 April 2018 (UTC)

Wikipedia is not here to WP:RIGHTGREATWRONGS, that's not a good reason. As for the IP's comment, Infogalactic is an alt-right website created by Vox Day and a bad example. Doug Weller talk 06:31, 8 April 2018 (UTC)

User:Doug Weller their photographs were routinely shown by the local newspaper (The Knoxville News Sentinel). There were constant updates about the trial by reporter Jamie Satterfield, whose reporting probably constitutes the bulk of all reporting about this saga. I don't understand your argument that showing their photos gives them "publicity." It's also a bit odd for you to ascribe RIGHTGREATWRONGS to my comment. There is nothing to RIGHT as they were convicted of their crimes. Mr Ernie (talk) 14:11, 9 April 2018 (UTC)

IIn any case, "so their faces are forever associated with that act of evil they committed." means to me that your reason is not that it would be encyclopedic but you want to use the article to as you say associate their faces etc. But no one or at least no one who wasn't closely involved is ever going to remember their faces. Although I guess they might remember they were black. Which would be a terrible reason to include their faces of course. It would certainly publicise that fact. Doug Weller talk 14:40, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
The Wikipedia editor attempting to bury the fact that the murderers of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom were black is an administrator on the English Wikipedia for 9 years, 6 months and 23 days, who is on the Arbitration Committee, has checkuser rights, and is an oversighter on the English Wikipedia. He is also is identified to the Wikimedia Foundation as one with access to nonpublic data.

And the fact that the 536 active administrators are almost uniformly SJWs intent on utilizing Wikipedia for social justice is why Infogalactic will be an increasingly vital resource in years to come. Infogalactic is not "an alt-right website", and this will become increasingly clear to even the most inveterate SJWs over time.

Labels: ,

50 Comments:

Blogger Lovekraft April 10, 2018 6:10 AM  

If SJWs understood the concept of fair, then they would accept then that this policy would extend to all races, therefore no group would ever receive negative mention.

But their agenda doesn't allow them to see this logic, so they keep the double standard, mental gynastics, hypocrisy etc.

What they are so afraid of is that one little crack that will bring their entire house down, so they keep patching it up, installing extra locks, forbidding inquiry etc.

Blogger TheMaleRei April 10, 2018 6:28 AM  

SJWs, not just for erasing history already in the from of books and statues and monuments, but for pre-censoring history yet to be written. Why wait for the memory hole, just put a hole in people's heads already- but we shouldn't give them ideas, even if that is what they wish of the rest of us.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club April 10, 2018 6:43 AM  

"Although I guess they might remember they were black. Which would be a terrible reason to include their faces of course."

That's one of the top two reasons to include their faces.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira April 10, 2018 6:45 AM  

Wikipedia has always been obviously very SJW. Thank God for infogalactic, I never patronise the satanists and wikipedia.

OpenID markstoval April 10, 2018 6:45 AM  

@ Vox (and others)

Vox, would you say that donating time and effort as volunteer for Infogalactic would be a good way to help with the effort. The effort to save Western Civ that is.

How can we help to make Infogalactic bigger and better?



Blogger Duke Norfolk April 10, 2018 6:47 AM  

The truth must be controlled (AKA hidden) by the wise ones. It's for the greater good, dontchaknow.

Blogger tublecane April 10, 2018 6:49 AM  

I never had faith in Wikipedia's, but if I had it would've been destroyed by reading a hilarious discussion page on whether or not to include homosexuality in the article on Leopold and Loeb.

Someone tried to argue it wasn't relevant, despite the fact that the article talks about Loeb being killed in prison possibly for coming on to a fellow prisoner.

Blogger Uncle John's Band April 10, 2018 6:50 AM  

The steady improvements in Infogalactic are apparent; it is very fast to use now. For what it's worth it is the only site of this type that I will link to. Other than the odd image from Commons, I don't use Wikipedia at all anymore.

Blogger Resident Moron™ April 10, 2018 6:51 AM  

Mark

join the burn unit, get the t-shirt.

http://infogalactic.com/info/Infogalactic:Donations

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira April 10, 2018 6:51 AM  

Found this little article about our friend Doug. Ok lads, don't do anything stupid.

https://mynewbestarticles.blogspot.ca/2017/06/who-is-doug-weller-inside-wikipedia.html

Blogger LP999-16 April 10, 2018 7:10 AM  

How so is Infogalactic a bad example?!

I use IG only. Wiki is like Fcbok about grace by the GE's ire.

Wiki lies, insults Vox, posts wrong info about other people, they might as well converge with the ACLU/ADL then again Wiki=SJWland.

Blogger LP999-16 April 10, 2018 7:16 AM  

I wish other media figures would quote from IG over Wiki so when wiki is mentioned I post in the comments "try Infogalactic instead of quoting from wiki", as its real alt tech.

Forgot to mention RE: Voxiversity, wonderful videos, very educational, congrats on the successes. Very sharable. For example, via email and social media anyhow other users are able to upload Vox's work for a while; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16-hyrQQpxY

Blogger wreckage April 10, 2018 8:16 AM  

And so, the final argument the SJW had was, "we can't show the faces of black criminals because they all look alike to me".

SJWs always project.

Blogger ChanChanRight April 10, 2018 8:22 AM  

you wrote:
"And the fact that the 536 active administrators are almost uniformly SJWs intent on utilizing Wikipedia for social justice ..."

I think you're missing the main dynamic here...it's not that SJWs have taken over wikipedia and are using it to advance their politics...what has happened is that SJWs were put into power at wikipedia (and in tv, media, academia, hollywood etc) because SJW politics makes the rich richer...and the rich like getting richer...so the rich, who are powerful, make sure that SJW politics reigns dominant in all white collar professions...

why can't anyone understand this seemingly obvious dynamic?

Blogger lazlo azavaar April 10, 2018 8:26 AM  

Infogalactic is inevitable.

Blogger Rocklea Marina April 10, 2018 8:40 AM  

"what has happened is that SJWs were put into power at wikipedia (and in tv, media, academia, hollywood etc) because SJW politics makes the rich richer...and the rich like getting richer...so the rich, who are powerful, make sure that SJW politics reigns dominant in all white collar professions..."

I like to think of it as being akin to yoyos, a fad that will burn itself out and pop up again from time to time. In the late 17th century, at the tail end of the mini ice age, Witch Trials were all the rage. I like to think of them as Feminist Trials. I wonder what the flames will be like with all that hair product?

Blogger Dirk Manly April 10, 2018 8:42 AM  

Someday, in the not-to-distant future, Wikipedia is going to lose a massive number of these malevolent SJW control freaks to sudden trauma and lead-poisoning.

Blogger Cyril April 10, 2018 8:49 AM  

Is there an updated extension for redirecting Wikipedia to Infogalactic for Chrome?

Blogger seeingsights April 10, 2018 9:20 AM  

Two points:

1. Wikipedia shows pictures of murderers, for example Richard Speck
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Speck
So the decision not to show a picture of the murderer in the article being discussed is arbitrary and likely worse.
2. An encyclopedia should present relevant facts. A picture of the murderer is a relevant fact. Therefore, an encyclopedia should present the picture of the murderer.

Blogger Dave April 10, 2018 9:40 AM  

Wikipedia with SJW editor filter built-in. Better than 99% coverage.

Can't wait to see the day when it dawns on the Wikipedia Admins/Editors they are just another filter on Infogalactic.

Blogger VD April 10, 2018 9:42 AM  

Is there an updated extension for redirecting Wikipedia to Infogalactic for Chrome?

I don't think so.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd April 10, 2018 9:56 AM  

My students will be forced to use infogalactic from here on out. It was previously included as an option, but now it's time to make it mandatory.

Wikipedia will decline faster if we all do our small parts.
Infogalactic is significantly better, regardless of politics. It's a great achievement. Future scholars and students are going to benefit immensely from an online encyclopedia that actually attempts to be objective.

Blogger James Dixon April 10, 2018 9:57 AM  

> And the fact that the 536 active administrators

Remember when the original goal was that anyone would be able to add information to Wikipedia? Preferably without fear of censorship? Yeah, me neither.

Blogger Purge187 April 10, 2018 10:15 AM  

I remember how someone had linked an article from Roosh's page about Souad Faress's false rape accusation on Wikipedia a while back. Needless to say, it didn't last long.

Blogger Eze Garcés April 10, 2018 10:29 AM  

There will be versions of Infogalactic in other languages?

Blogger VD April 10, 2018 11:40 AM  

There will be versions of Infogalactic in other languages?

If people who speak those languages support them, yes.

My students will be forced to use infogalactic from here on out. It was previously included as an option, but now it's time to make it mandatory.

How fortunate the admins of Wikipedia are all but forcing you to do so.

Blogger JL Domingo April 10, 2018 12:18 PM  

For me, climategate was the grave of Wikipedia, especially after wikipedia founder took the side of a quite prevaricating, and now famous administrator that was curating that topic while being a member of the British green party.

Blogger rycamor April 10, 2018 1:24 PM  

markstoval wrote:@ Vox (and others)

Vox, would you say that donating time and effort as volunteer for Infogalactic would be a good way to help with the effort. The effort to save Western Civ that is.

How can we help to make Infogalactic bigger and better?


Become an expert in some knowledge domain.
Become an editor at Infogalactic.
Edit and update Infogalactic articles regularly.

The knowledge is the key.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener April 10, 2018 2:25 PM  

Is Infogalactic close to having a privacy policy in place? Wikipedia is presumably keeping records of IP addresses and site usage at a minimum. It would be nice to see Infogalactic have an explicit option to prevent the logging of this information, if that's feasible.

But even with the lack of a formal privacy policy I trust Infogalactic far more than Wikipedia.

Blogger Zeke OF Confettii April 10, 2018 3:04 PM  

I am proud to be an original Galaxian.

Blogger bob kek mando - ( I love the smell of Autism on the internet. It smells like ... victoREEEEEEEEE ) April 10, 2018 3:37 PM  

is there any consideration of instituting a button on the edit panel to force a load of the newest wiki version of the page?

i noticed this because IG doesn't appear to have pulled new pages from wiki since early 2016. Khabib Nurmagomedov, for instance, has fought several times since Darrell Horcher.

even if you get the rescanning process rebooted, a manually forced update button may still be handy.

Blogger Unknown April 10, 2018 5:37 PM  

Sophistry. Or a bit tetchy because you were named in an unflattering way? Judging by what you've posted, that Arbitration Committee administrator isn't "attempting to bury" anything, he's making a reasonable argument against using Wikipedia as a shaming and condemning instrument. He's NOT saying bury the fact that the evil-doers were black, he's saying to the editor make sure your reasons for posting the photos are for encyclopedic purposes. This is anti-SJW logic. We should be applauding the fact that there are people at Wikipedia willing and able to do this. This is about being careful about motives and not just seizing opportunities to promote your derivative site, right?

Blogger Wynn Lloyd April 10, 2018 5:41 PM  

Well, I've been endorsing it and all but making it mandatory for a couple of years now. I haven't been able to tolerate Wikipedia since one of my articles was butchered several years ago.
I'm sure some would say it's bad form to force people to use certain sources, especially online ones, but as you said, there's no option right now. Plus, 90% of the critics will be teaching false material anyway.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd April 10, 2018 5:47 PM  

"Objectivity" only comes into play when one of our side goes on the offensive.
You can scream it until you are blue in the face when the leftists are pushing their own false narrative, and no one will bat an eye. A lot of us see through the screen, and dont really care to keep playing with one hand tied behind our backs.

Of course, infogalactic has always been much more objective than wiki. By leaps and bounds.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd April 10, 2018 6:21 PM  

I'll prove the sincerity of my support eventually, I hope. More donations would probably help there.
Right now, even plugging infogalactic in a classroom is something that can get you attacked, since many of these fanatical professors think Wikipedia is too right wing, which is absolutely absurd. Attacking and condemning infogalactic, which is about as objective as possible, is the digital equivalent of a book burning. It's better to be anonymous and strike within the system if possible, but some issues require open support. Being blacklisted is inevitable now, so it's not as though we are doing much other than delaying the inevitable by playing along with the system. I'll model my response on those who have already survived deplatforming.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants April 10, 2018 6:49 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants April 10, 2018 6:55 PM  

Vox,

Please watch this video! It keeps getting pulled down, forcing people to try to mirror it on their channels but some of those have been pulled, as well. It has a fascinating bit about just who (((is))) censoring Wikipedia,(and,much more of the internet), how they do it, why, where, etc. Very informative, IMO.
Thank you.

https://youtu.be/87IK4WwCa_A

Blogger VD April 10, 2018 7:22 PM  

Sophistry. Or a bit tetchy because you were named in an unflattering way? Judging by what you've posted, that Arbitration Committee administrator isn't "attempting to bury" anything, he's making a reasonable argument against using Wikipedia as a shaming and condemning instrument. He's NOT saying bury the fact that the evil-doers were black, he's saying to the editor make sure your reasons for posting the photos are for encyclopedic purposes. This is anti-SJW logic. We should be applauding the fact that there are people at Wikipedia willing and able to do this. This is about being careful about motives and not just seizing opportunities to promote your derivative site, right?

I don't know if you're lying or if you're genuinely that stupid. Either way, I don't care. But this is your one warning to not try to make the subject about me.

Do it again and you go into spam.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 10, 2018 7:28 PM  

Unknown wrote:This is about being careful about motives and not just seizing opportunities to promote your derivative site, right?
That excuse might have worked the first ten million times. Then you run into the problem that it only applies one way. Motives are never questioned when the action supports the Narrative that the editors believe.

And you are obvious an apologist for the dishonest slimeballs that edit Wikipedia.

Blogger TM Lutas April 10, 2018 7:31 PM  

I used to go in full throated and do these fights but not anymore. I literally have thousands of pages I could add to wikipedia that meet notability requirements and are not even controversial ideologically (well, except for New York but they're just weird). It's a comprehensive listing of the governments of the United States.

Wikipedia won't allow it. Theoretically, it's all good but there's always some editor from New Zealand or Turkey who is absolutely sure that I've mistakenly added a school district and they do a speedy delete on a page stub. The really minor special purpose governments I never even started.

So when the database is set better, it'll all go to infogalactic and if Wikipedia wants the full set, they can copy the pages over from there.

Oh, and the page is in error. Footnote 48 references text that does not exist in the linked story.

Blogger James Dixon April 10, 2018 7:34 PM  

> he's making a reasonable argument

Nothing about his argument is reasonable.

> he's saying to the editor make sure your reasons for posting the photos are for encyclopedic purposes.

The race of the perpetrators isn't appropriate for an encyclopedia article on the crime? Whatever you're smoking must be good stuff.

> And you are obvious an apologist for the dishonest slimeballs that edit Wikipedia.

Or he's simply lying to further the narrative. I know which way I'd bet.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 10, 2018 8:04 PM  

James Dixon wrote:> And you are obviously an apologist for the dishonest slimeballs that edit Wikipedia.

Or he's simply lying to further the narrative. I know which way I'd bet.

You say that as if those were two different things...

Blogger SirHamster April 10, 2018 8:48 PM  

rycamor wrote:Become an expert in some knowledge domain.

Become an editor at Infogalactic.

Edit and update Infogalactic articles regularly.


On becoming an editor, I requested an account through the IG website a few weeks ago, but haven't seen any responses.

Anyone know if that part of the site/process is working, or if I need to send an email to Crew?

Blogger bob kek mando - ( I love the smell of Autism on the internet. It smells like ... victoREEEEEEEEE ) April 10, 2018 10:29 PM  

32. Unknown April 10, 2018 5:37 PM
Sophistry.



i like how you defined your post with the first word.

Blogger Pinandpuller April 10, 2018 11:33 PM  

A news report today said there was a robbery at an auto parts store. The perp was six feet tall in a hoodie with a gun. Oh, and male. That almost describes me though, so maybe I need an alibi.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 11, 2018 1:40 AM  

So they've decided everyone knows robberies, rapes and murders are committed by Black people, so they only have to report the exception.
Lazy, but understandable, given the numbers.

Blogger tublecane April 11, 2018 2:01 AM  

@42-Of course apologetics can be full of lies, like all other forms of argument. But we usually reserve the term for people who are in earnest, I think.

Blogger LP999-16 April 11, 2018 4:58 AM  

This week per playing Nioh I wanted more information about Oda and IG has it better than wiki; https://infogalactic.com/info/Oda_Nobunaga

Awesome.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd April 11, 2018 7:00 AM  

Great game. Are you a Koei fan in general?
Nobunaga was fascinating. I've visited the temple where he committed seppuku. Those Koei games really capture the periods they are set in.
IG is better on virtually every non-western history article, imo.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 11, 2018 9:21 AM  

@32

Shut up, Tad

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts