ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, May 04, 2018

Mailvox: that's EXACTLY how good I am

Jordan Peterson's fans are starting to get upset because apparently they think I am too mean. Perhaps Warning: Award-Winning Cruelty Artist At Work Ahead should be attached to my Peterson-related videos.
By the way, how do you know Jordan Peterson is depressed?  You diagnosed him by reading some of his interviews and 2 chapters of that dumb book?  That's pretty amazing.  You could put a lot of psycholgists out of business and revolutionize the field with your kind of ability. Peterson has a practice doing psychiatry for decades.  Is it not possible that Peterson picked up a lot of this information and developed these methods, from working with his patients?   How do you know Peterson must be talking about himself all the time?
I didn't need that much. I could have diagnosed him from nothing more than reading Chapter 2 of 12 Rules of Life. Think about it: if you are giving the whole world advice, and you decide that the second-most important thing you have to tell them is "remember to take your pills, because you are not too ugly, ashamed, worthless, and cowardly to deserve to take care of yourself", then there is absolutely zero chance that you are mentally healthy and the odds are very high that you are suffering from depression, among other mental illnesses.

I suspect many people don't realize how much an author's writing unintentionally reveals about the author, particularly to an editor who has been able to see how many authors approach similar subjects in different ways. Frankly, I know more than I want to about the interior lives of the novelists I edit from nothing more than the choices they instinctively, and habitually, make.

But, as it happens, I did not have to do so, because I already knew that Peterson was depressed and taking some sort of drugs for it by his own admission. Chapter 2 is merely iron-clad confirmation that Peterson is telling at least part of the truth about his mental health issues and an enlightening illustration of how deep they run.

Another viewer questions my objectives.
Vox, I question where you are going with this and what you are hoping to achieve. I think there’s great value in critiquing Peterson’s work but again you’ve made a series of unverifiable ad hominem claims regarding Peterson’s mindset and motivations. This is completely unnecessary for the purposes of critiquing the subject content. I’m not questioning your analysis of Peterson - you may be correct - I’m questioning your decision to deploy that analysis in your critique. 
It's not merely my purpose to critique the content of the 12 Rules of Life. It is my purpose to expose Jordan Peterson for the intellectual charlatan and professional con man that he is. The man is preying upon the intellectually and emotionally vulnerable and is selling them an evil, destructive philosophy while trying to divert them from the objective truths of logic, science, Christianity, and history. My statements about Peterson's mindset and motivations are far from unverifiable; to the contrary, they are frequently based on Peterson's own direct statements, verbal and written.

Yet another commits the genetic fallacy while confusing me with the Fake Right.
I'm no huge fan of Peterson, but for someone who repeatedly emphasizes his "high IQ" and how literate and well-read you are, it's rather astonishing to see you accuse Peterson of being self-obsessed.   Every time I've watched your videos, you seem a bit neurotic and thin-skinned, as you routinely call your viewers "morons" and kick them out when they say something that bothers you.  What are you trying to accomplish with these ongoing rants about Peterson, anyways?  The Alt-Right, which you are a self-proclaimed proponent of, is imploding.  They just shut down your buddy Richard Spencer's website.  Don't you have other, more important, issues to address?
First, Peterson is self-obsessed. By observation and by his own admission, his talks are more inward-focused self-dialogue than proper lectures. Second, whether I am Hitler or Mother Theresa makes no difference concerning what Peterson is. Third, MPAI. Fourth, I kick people out because they repeatedly attempt to disrupt the Periscope. What I am attempting to accomplish with these "ongoing rants about Peterson" is to expose the truth about Jordan Peterson, which is that he is an intellectual charlatan and professional con man preying upon the intellectually and emotionally vulnerable. And fifth, the Alt-Right is not imploding, but to the contrary, is inevitable. Sixth, Richard Spencer is not my buddy. And seventh, no, I don't have any more important issue to address.
Vox, are you going to formulate a well reasoned argument at some point or  just keep insulting someone because they may have mental health problems? When did you get your PHD in psychiatry?
It's not an either/or proposition; I intend to do both. That being said, it's not an insult to observe that Jordan Peterson is mentally ill or that his mental illness has significantly influenced his worldview, his philosophy, and his most recent book. To the contrary, it is a highly pertinent fact. One does not need a PhD in psychiatry or anything else to observe that someone is crazy or to observe the effects of that craziness. Jordan Peterson isn't wandering through the night with a knife in his hand muttering "don't be evil" to himself, he's doing an intellectual version of that by weeping on stage with a mic in his hand as he begs people to not be too ashamed to take their prescribed medication.
"remember to take your pills" is more of an analogy of you need to do what you need to do to progress you life even if you don't want to. 
It's really not. Re-read the chapter, and as you do so, keep in mind that the author has himself been prescribed medication for his mental illness.

And this emailer obviously didn't think through the consequences of his question.
Criticize Peterson's ideas and attribute his success to media manufacturing as much as you feel you need to, but do ask yourself why hundreds of people are not lining up to ask you questions like, "My brother committed suicide, and I’m taking care of my sister’s kids (ages 7, 3) until she’s stable. How can I help them cope with the loss of their uncle?"
I don't need to ask myself that. I haven't been anointed by the media as the prophet uniquely in touch with the wisdom of the ages and the answers to the meaning of life. I suggest the reader should ask himself whether he thinks it is a good thing that these hurting and vulnerable people are being directed to seek answers from an intellectual charlatan and professional con man who teaches that the Bible is myth and metaphor.

What is Peterson going to tell them anyhow? Affect dominant postures? Clean their room? Make sure they take their vitamins daily? Don't holocaust anyone? Or is he just going to get weepy on stage again? Perhaps he can draw upon the deep wellspring of his philosophy and tell the children that their suicidal father was pure evil for unnecessarily causing their suffering. That should do wonders for their psyches.

Not everyone disagrees with me, of course. Future Israeli has already seen enough to reach a verdict:
I was a fan of Vox Day and Jordan Peterson... now I'm just a fan of Vox Day.
And this viewer has figured out the true purpose of Jordan Peterson, which is to preach Holocaustianity to a generation that knows nothing and cares less about WWII-era history. (And that sound you just heard was Avalanche's tender heart shattering.)
I felt something was off as soon as Jordan Peterson showed up he already teaming up with: Ben Shapiro, Denis Prager, Gaad Saad, Ezra Levant, Dave Rubin, Christina Hoff Sommers, Mark Levin (CRTV), Bret Weinestine, Steven Pinker etc etc
His peculiar obsession with Nazis and the Holocaust is the primary reason for Peterson's unexpected and otherwise inexplicable rise to prominence in the media. Peterson was discovered by TV producer Wodek Szemberg, the producer of Big Ideas, who is, we are told in the Foreword to the 12 Rules of Life, "always on the lookout for potential public intellectuals, who knows how to spot people who can really talk in front of a TV camera and who look authentic...." Then he was picked up and pushed heavily by Ezra Levant of Rebel Media until he was embraced by the neocons and Never Trumpers.

Labels: , , ,

170 Comments:

OpenID genkong May 04, 2018 9:23 AM  

Peterson has a practice doing psychiatry for decades.

No, he has a practice doing psychology. A psychiatrist actually has to pass Medical School - which is admittedly nothing near the standard that it used to be with the abolition of standards because muh diversity (especially in places like Soviet Kanuckistan) - but it's not quite (yet) to the level of sheer quackery that psychology (a field long stuffed from floor to ceiling with SJWs, Pedos and Mountebanks of every type known).

Blogger electricsheeple May 04, 2018 9:28 AM  

Too mean? There's always been a certain amount trash talk in debate when it comes to Philosophy, Science, or any Academic debate. It's simply natural when you are putting someone else's ideas on trial.

Michael Shermer of Skeptic Magazine is often accused of being to mean but stated the same thing that I just wrote above in a Joe Rogan interview once.

Blogger Rocklea Marina May 04, 2018 9:29 AM  

McRapey has his own topic label. Just sayin. Weepy Jordie?

Blogger RandyB May 04, 2018 9:31 AM  

"I felt something was off as soon as Jordan Peterson showed up he already teaming up with: Ben Shapiro, Denis Prager, Gaad Saad, Ezra Levant, Dave Rubin, Christina Hoff Sommers, Mark Levin (CRTV), Bret Weinestine, Steven Pinker etc etc"

#MeToo

Sometimes, you can take the measure of a man by observing who his friends are.

Blogger FUBARwest May 04, 2018 9:34 AM  

"who look authentic...."

Do they realize how disengenous that sounds?

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 9:35 AM  

The moron that said Spencer is VD's buddy was told he was wrong multiple times, and even where to check on that. He just ignores the truth and goes on like the SJW he obviously is.

The next phase, where he will be held up as a savior by Bennie Boy, and Mark Levin has been exposed, and the results will be fun to watch.

Cut off the Cucks at the Pass!

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 9:37 AM  

Do they realize how disengenous that sounds?

Apparently, because the next words are: "because they are (the camera picks up on that)."

Right. I know when I'm concerned about authenticity, the metric upon which I rely is how the individual comes off on camera.

Blogger Jack May 04, 2018 9:37 AM  

I've only ever listened to one or two interviews with Peterson, but I recall thinking that his invocations of The Nazis as the ultimate evil and doing a bunch of unnecessary Hitler analogies was at best silly and at worse a kind of pandering to the narrative. If that list of people he's teaming up with is accurate, there can be little doubt that he's either a phony or an idiot.

Blogger Dangeresque May 04, 2018 9:40 AM  

I had kind of a revelation today thinking about the Peterson stuff when I realized exactly how many of tens of his videos I get recommended everyday on my YouTube homepage (along with videos of "Ben Shapiro totally DESTROYS leftist in one sentence", etc...) Then I thought for a moment about all the right-wing figures I have followed in some capacity over the last few years and realized there were so many that there were some I even forgot existed. Then I went looking for them and found they were still out there creating just as much as they had always been but for some reason I had just stopped seeing it.

Maybe this is the best metric for who is controlled/approved opposition. Those that seem to be magically immune to the memory-holeing...

Blogger Meimou May 04, 2018 9:43 AM  

I felt something was off as soon as Jordan Peterson showed up he already teaming up with: Ben Shapiro, Denis Prager, Gaad Saad, Ezra Levant, Dave Rubin, Christina Hoff Sommers, Mark Levin (CRTV), Bret Weinestine, Steven Pinker etc etc

Attack of the parentheses!!! What's wrong with Sommers or Rubin though?

By the way, Alex Jones says he's going to "get in Sharpios business" after the Little Bennie tweet spat. Alex implies that he has some file on him that he's going to use.

VD is taking down Peterson, AJ is taking down Sharpio - the stars have aligned.

Inside Ben Sharpiros Twisted plan to take over Gleen Becks Collapsed Empire with Texas Money.
https://youtu.be/e_OJzgA1zmg

Blogger Bobiojimbo May 04, 2018 9:43 AM  

It's the stages of grief. I await your final review.

Blogger Z Malfoy May 04, 2018 9:45 AM  

I admit I was initially taken in by the clips I saw of Peterson. "Ah!" I thought. "Here is a professor finally speaking sense!"

But then I caught complete interviews and was disappointed. Then I saw his collection of soviet art he keeps in his home office (this was the Louder with Crowder interview, iirc) and was disturbed. While a few of the pieces were not terrible in a technical sense, none of them were beautiful, none were inspiring. The most technically proficient was disturbing in subject matter (I remember there were men bound with ropes). The lack of beauty or inspiration in his chosen art for his home work space greatly disturbed me, because Beauty, Truth, and Goodness hold hands, and if one chooses to forsake one, one has forsaken all.

I couldn't get through a single complete interview, even only half listening while mopping the kitchen floor.

Then I tried to listen to his lectures about the bible, and no. While I didn't sit down and list all the errors of understanding (because bills need to be paid and chores need to be attended), I remember thinking to myself "Here is a guy who is going out of his way to miss the point. He might have some valid insights, but such deliberate blindness indicates that such insights are likely just psychological BS made to fit into Bible Stories." He reminded me of my college years, where students would commonly have an "insight" that they would then force the material to fit.

All in all, I couldn't quite identify what was wrong with what I was hearing (because, tbh, I never took the time to really apply my brain to my disquiet), but I did stop listening to anything with him in it, and I never read anything he wrote. I am glad Vox is taking the time to expose this, and to go after him hard.

Blogger Bobiojimbo May 04, 2018 9:47 AM  

@Meimou Sommers is a femminist who wants to save femminist. From her own words at the Kilroy event.

Blogger Avalanche May 04, 2018 9:48 AM  

"(And that sound you just heard was Avalanche's tender heart shattering.)"

(I'm a girl; I 'm SUPPOSED to have a tender heart! {wink})

Blogger CarpeOro May 04, 2018 9:49 AM  

@4

One friend isn't an indicator, but when it is multiple questionable people it goes from a point to being a line pointing the direction you are heading.

@Vox
Never had any interest in reading Jordan Peterson to be honest. That said, all that is required to figure out that he is depressed is the chapter two title, an average IQ and a teaspoon of commonsense. I seem to recall a line of advice to writers "wright what you know"... and generally successful books are written by people writing about something they are familiar with. It tends to shine through/permeate the work.

Blogger OGRE May 04, 2018 9:50 AM  

Meimou wrote:
Inside Ben Sharpiros Twisted plan to take over Gleen Becks Collapsed Empire with Texas Money.

https://youtu.be/e_OJzgA1zmg


This is quite enjoyable.

Blogger Harry C May 04, 2018 9:56 AM  

I smelled a rat the moment I realised Peterson's idols are Jung, Nietzsche and Sartre. He teaches a brand of 'psychological Christianity' derived from myth and metaphor that played a paramount role in the deChristianisation of the West during the 20th century. It is therefore grimly amusing to see so many Christians wet the bed in praise of him; as though the same road that led us away from a Christian society, is the one that can take a generation of depressed Millenials back into it. I saw all this early on, but Vox has the courage to call it out. I've been too busy 'looking for the good and leaving the rest' - i.e. engaging in useless 'dialogue' with Churchians instead of simply wiping them off FB...or better yet, shutting off the computer and going to the gym. The Dark Lord teaches many lessons.

Blogger Johnny May 04, 2018 9:57 AM  

Just a comment on the psychoanalytic profession.

I currently don't watch TV. Back when I did, something I found very irritating was when the announcer declares that the people in some kind of stressful event should consider seeing a therapist. Or when they have these school shootings, they flood in the therapist to cure the kids for symptoms they have yet to show.

The problem is that people are very given to suggestion. Suggesting to a group of people that they should be mentally ill is not helping with a cure, it is selling mental illness as a behavior. The prior expectation always should be that you are mentally strong and not in need of help, until you do. Otherwise it is the equivalent of ambulance chasing by lawyers.

Blogger Chief Osage May 04, 2018 9:59 AM  

Whoever cast doubt about Peterson's depression hasn't watch much of his video's. He has talked at length about it. He has periodic boubts of depression which severely hamper his productivity; even in the last couple of years.

I've gotten value from Peterson, but I'm psychologically healthy and can sort the good from the bad.

I'm hoping you tear apart his radical individualist anti-identity approach as thats his primary anti-altright message.

It won't be hard, even the Littlest Chickenhawk delivered devastating 2 sentence takedown of it on the Rubin report when he as Peterson appeared on it.

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 04, 2018 10:00 AM  

It is notable that none of the Peterson followers address any of the numerous substantive arguments that have been made. It is very dishonest to keep repeating the same accusations without assimilating the responses. When you read the words, rather than worrying about how someone looks on camera, you can process and respond to what is being said. If you don't understand, ask.

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 04, 2018 10:03 AM  

@ 19. Chief Osage

It's clear Peterson is a Rorschach blot that can be whatever his followers want him to be. What he actually says means no more to them than it does to him.

Blogger Mocheirge May 04, 2018 10:05 AM  

Meimou wrote:Alex implies that he has some file on him that he's going to use.

And VD has Benny's old emails. The AJ-VD interview is sounding more... explosive.

Blogger Robert Browning May 04, 2018 10:09 AM  

From Craiglist, free stuff, I picked a set of World Book Encylopedias circa 1970 no entry for Holocaust. WTF?

Blogger Crew May 04, 2018 10:15 AM  

The (((media))) seems to have been popularizing Jordan Peterson of late, an in an interesting way:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/putting-monsterpaint-onjordan-peterson/550859/

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/03/jordan_peterson_is_driving_his_critics_to_desperate_attacks.html

They seem to be casting Peterson as an underdog and talking up his appeal to conservatives.

Also Conor Friedersdorf was one of the early snakes to attack the Alt-Right.

Blogger Crew May 04, 2018 10:17 AM  

@23: What? My local library has a large section on Muh Holocaust but a WB Encyclopedia from 1970 had no entry? Unpossible!

Blogger Some Guy May 04, 2018 10:18 AM  

I'm more convinced than ever that Peterson's fame has less to do with his philosophy and more to do with the number of people who have psychological issues in our society and this results in an almost cult like following. I'm guessing fatherless homes is the major contributing factor. People appear to resonate more with his practical advice than with his philosophical "wisdom", but it's entirely possible that I'm projecting here. I'm watching the show Wild Wild Country on Netflix and I see something very similar happening with Peterson and his online following. In both cases, the philosophy is garbage, but the man is addressing a crowd of people with practical advice that helps them with their immediate problems. They also both appear to be Gammas. I will say, that if you are a Gamma and/or have mental problems (whether serious or just heavy anxiety) then follow the rules. They will help you appear as a functional person in the real world. They probably won't help you overcome the internal issues you are dealing with, but will help you project better in public. If you believe anything deeper than that from Peterson, you need to look elsewhere.

Blogger FUBARwest May 04, 2018 10:19 AM  

I'm not sure if this is a good heuristic or not but if anybody is really successful relatively quickly, especially in the field of media, one should be wary and a tad more suspicious.

Blogger Chief Osage May 04, 2018 10:21 AM  

@ 21 Uncle John's Band

Well yes and no. He has many good ideas. But he strenuously avoids anything that would kill himself with the media while talking about digressive topics.

So the right reads into the gaps thinking he is secretly one of them not realizing he's just another centrist avoiding cog dis. Not much unlike every GOP candidate of the last half century as they duped the base time and time again to support politicians who mouths just enough right platitudes to get their support.

The funny thing is this whole 'intellectual dark web' garbage. The thinkers actually on the dark web have no qualms about dealing with the JQ. Reminds me of all the tough talking 'dangerous' talk radio personalities who daily mewed out GOP talking points in support of the neocons.

Blogger Mr. Deficient May 04, 2018 10:21 AM  

#19 actually it has been fairly constant until recently it just varies in degree. He has stated it took him an hour to become awake for most of his life, which is a very obvious tell for depression, but yes it gets so bad it puts him out of comission.

Blogger Dad29 May 04, 2018 10:28 AM  

So happens I work in a retail (car) store near a large, heavily-funded, psychological hospital and rehab center.

My associates and I have determined that the people working at that center are just as crazy as the patients within it--or maybe more so.

Granted, generalizations are unfair to some....but what we observe, we observe.

Blogger Cubby8126 May 04, 2018 10:32 AM  

Every morning i wake up to a new piece of jp's soul and flesh cut open ans thrown on the ground by the dark lord. Its a good life.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 10:41 AM  

Time to expose all the Cucks. Cucks ---> Cucks Everywhere!

Blogger Alphaeus May 04, 2018 10:44 AM  

"It is my purpose to expose Jordan Peterson for the intellectual charlatan and professional con man that he is. The man is preying upon the intellectually and emotionally vulnerable and is selling them an evil, destructive philosophy while trying to divert them from the objective truths of logic, science, Christianity, and history. "

Most people hate the truth and therefore they will instinctively reject a logical argument. Most people are also too stupid to follow a logical argument anyway. But you don't need to convince most people, you just need to share what you know and understand and whosoever has an ear can hear it.

I'm convinced at this point that JPB is controlled opposition. He has hidden support from the Marxist Globalists who would have destroyed him by now if he wasn't helping them. I think it's a case of praising him with faint damns. Also it's too obvious that he attacks the nationalist right viciously but appeals plaintively to the globalist left, as if the left can be reasoned with but the right cannot.

Blogger David Power May 04, 2018 10:46 AM  

Jordan Peterson is the crazy lying scumbag responsible for introducing thousands of young men to bullshit works such as Paradise Lost and The Gulag Archipelago.

He must be stopped!

Blogger Some Guy May 04, 2018 10:49 AM  

@34

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Blogger FUBARwest May 04, 2018 10:51 AM  

"Jordan Peterson is the crazy lying scumbag responsible for introducing thousands of young men to bullshit works such as Paradise Lost and The Gulag Archipelago."

Is this sarcasm? What's the issue with Paradise Lost and the Gulag Achipelago?

Blogger Nathan May 04, 2018 10:53 AM  

VD has connected some dots for me about Peterson's philosophy feeling off. In his interview with Jocko, he talks about how he thinks it is useful to invert psychological assumptions. "Why are people anxious" becomes "Why arent people anxious and paranoid all the time". I didn't give the statement much thought until VD started to write about Peterson. Now it is obvious these thoughts come from a mixture of denying God (who has created his creatures to be joyful and healthy) an a long history of mental anguish made worse by psychotropics.

Blogger Bob May 04, 2018 10:54 AM  

Gotta quit eating so much popcorn.

Blogger kennymac May 04, 2018 10:56 AM  

Somewhat OT, you’re quite a popular subject in the comments over at a man’s place, Vox. Seems everyone is all up in arms over what a big meanie you’ve been to poor ole JP. I’m amazed at how many commenters are able to discern your motives without actually having to bother reading anything you wrote. Quite a talented bunch over there.

Blogger OGRE May 04, 2018 10:57 AM  

A little off topic here, but I was perusing the JordanPeterson subreddit and noticed this recent posting:

[Letter]Theism vs. Atheism Is The Answer Spirituality?

[Letter]I am not a Theist or an Atheist, I am a Realist. I would like to see the intellectually rich people like Matt Dillahunty, Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson work towards creating unity. This God/Atheist debate only furthers the divisive splits we see happening more and more in Western civilization.

I think to deny or challenge either the Atheist or the Theist is a vain pursuit. It's unhelpful to the cause of peace and unity which we desperately need right now.

Would we debate the validity of Spiritual sensations of love, stress, anger, joy, peace, beliefs, frustration, etc.? These sensations are unique and knowable only within the experience of the individual, despite our agreement on their understanding. If this is inaccurate please explain and enlighten me on this topic, if it is a reasonable deduction why would god beliefs or lack there of be any different?

Rather than defending Religious ideals can we agree on Spiritual ideals to enrich the debate and attract converts not conflict?


https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/8gzia0/lettertheism_vs_atheism_is_the_answer_spirituality/

This is what I've been warning about with Peterson, its already starting. We're going to see a call for integrating religious beliefs and traditions within a framework of materialism and psychology into "spirituality." Its reminiscent of the use of the Solidarity Service in Brave New World--spiritualism empty of religious truth being used for social and psychological manipulation.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 04, 2018 10:57 AM  

Same old game. They manufacture your culture through staged & scripted events & personas.
Spoofs, hoaxes, scams, lies, false flags, phony crises, fake reality.

"
[[[They]]] got their fingers in pies of all flavors
Employing guys people despise and call traitors
They get hit with the tomatoes
The world's a stage, but you don't get to see the writers or creators
Not to mention the producers or directors
War is a theatre. Your leaders are all actors.
"


Alex Jones is also an apostle of Holocaustianity and 'Germanic death cults'

Blogger David Power May 04, 2018 10:58 AM  

I think the saying is... a stopped clock. It's possible for a broken clock to never be right.

However my grip with Peterson is that he keeps banking on about Milton and Solzhenitsyn and yet never ever have I heard him recommend even one comic book!

Blogger Nathan May 04, 2018 10:59 AM  

Also, the SJWs in charge of our major newspapers and internet sites genuinely despise him. The NY Review of Books smeared him as a "fascist mystic" (?) who exploited his friendships with Native Americans to protect him from charges of racism. The Vice interview was edited to make him look like the Green Goblin. And so on.

So, I do not think he is being propped up by the fanatic core as controlled opposition. But perhaps some of the saner elements on left are pushing him to fame and notoriety. Maybe they realize they need to retrench and return to even Bill Clinton leftism after Trump's victory.

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 11:00 AM  

He must be stopped!

He will be. Nothing you do or say is going to stop it now. And very, very few of his fans are ever going to read Milton or Solzhenitsyn... as if that would justify his philosophy anyhow.

you’re quite a popular subject in the comments over at a man’s place, Vox.

What man is that?

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 11:00 AM  

So, I do not think he is being propped up by the fanatic core as controlled opposition. But perhaps some of the saner elements on left are pushing him to fame and notoriety.

It's not them, it's the Buckleyite media.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 11:01 AM  

David Power wrote:Jordan Peterson is the crazy lying scumbag responsible for introducing thousands of young men to bullshit works such as Paradise Lost and The Gulag Archipelago.

He must be stopped!


Go away. The fact that he does some easy target positive things is no different then his attacking easy target negatives. JP is just a slightly more intellectual Ben Shapiro.

Blogger David Power May 04, 2018 11:01 AM  

What's the issue with Paradice Lost an the Gulag Archipelago?

You tell me....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1017s&v=Rys45B4OhV0

Blogger Some Guy May 04, 2018 11:02 AM  

@42

Yeah, I hate when people bank on about Milton and Solzhenitsyn.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 04, 2018 11:05 AM  

The more authentic it looks, the more confidence the target audience will have in the conman, the easier it is to pull off a con job.

They prefer to operate behind the curtain because you are more willing & likely to trust an apparent member of your group or (((fellow))) traveler.

Blogger Nathan May 04, 2018 11:05 AM  

David Power @42 What would Milton say about Peterson's disbelief in God? Why does JP emphasize the evil of "unnecessary suffering" even though Paradise Lot (and the Bible) insists that evil is rooted in humans acting in opposition to God's will, regardless if that rebellion causes "suffering" that we can perceive in the moment or not?

These are important questions. Peterson can both point to true beauty created by Christendom, and be a broken sinner who refuses to ask for God's forgiveness at the same time.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 11:09 AM  

David Power, please tell us who you are? Safe space here. Tell us who are your heroes? National Review? Buckley? Romney? Cruz? Rush? Mark? Ben? If not, who is, come out with your position or STFU.

Blogger Crew May 04, 2018 11:09 AM  

It will be interesting to see who the Buckleyite media decides to prop up next.

Blogger tz May 04, 2018 11:09 AM  

I remembered the name of the positive thinking preacher in the Crystal Cathedral (that went bankrupt after his death). Robert Schuler. His books were even weaker than Churchian, e.g. "The Be-Happy-Attitudes" which I can't call heresy because the discussion is so disjointed and apart from the actual text and any rational intent of the Matthew 5 text.

This seems a recycled but spiced up and more intellectual sounding version of the same new age spirituality gobbledy gook, but without the dream-catchers and crystals.

The game now is to try to get to Christendom without Christianity, Christians, or Christ, but that can't work. (It also needs Pagan virtue, law, and philosophy, and European Culture and custom). Grace flows FROM Christ, through Christians, who build a version of Christendom from the best things in their culture.

What you have without Jesus in this case is a Crazy Christ Cargo Cult that tries to insert some kind of Telos into Darwinian survival of the fittest without becoming amoral or nihilistic by adopting some pieces.

This is like a bunch of Atheistic actors with really good voices acting out a Latin sung high mass - it would be both beautiful and meaningless.

Worse, there really is no morality or virtue. In his attempted discussion with Sam Harris, the case of a Woman who had an affair came up, but his defense was "I testified in many, but you aren't asking how the husband treated her to cause her to have the affair". Woman are imbeciles or infants without moral agency? Divorce first then it wouldn't have been adultery. Meanwhile his book is trying to get people to - I can't even say "take responsibility". He isn't calling for that. As far as I can tell, he wants people to put on virtue masks - act nice, not good, and hope your heart won't eventually rot you from he inside.

Christendom is the opposite of "Nice" compliant citizen-bots. It is a constant fight against the Devil and evil and darkness. Good and evil are disjoint from nice and nasty. The alt-Right is good. Cuckservatives are nice. And things have decayed so far that you cannot be both good and nice. JP has chosen nice evil.

Blogger Nathan May 04, 2018 11:10 AM  

VD @45 - Ah I am young and I don't know anything about the Buckleyite media, except that the National Review is a den of NeverTrumpers. I didn't think they had enough power anymore to get an intellectual noticed by their friends on the left.

Blogger David Power May 04, 2018 11:12 AM  

very, very few of his fans are ever going to read Milton or Solzhenitsyn

That's demonstrably untrue.

Check out any version of the Gulag Archipelago on YouTube and you will find the comment section filled with people talking about Peterson being the reason they are there.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 11:14 AM  

54. Nathan

The Buckleyites are far more than NeverTrumpers, as they are the jerks who threw all the fighters out of the "conservative movement," and made them the Washington Generals.

Blogger Nathan May 04, 2018 11:15 AM  

tz @53 I think he wants people to take responsibility, except when it becomes an actual sacrifice. Clean your room, pay your bills, do well at your job... but don't beat yourself up if you break your vows or dishonor yourself and family.

Blogger Crew May 04, 2018 11:17 AM  

Uh oh. When Snopes is pulled in to affirm Muh Holocaust you know there are problems with people believing it any longer:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/04/17/how-holocaust-denial-works/

Blogger Nathan May 04, 2018 11:19 AM  

tuberman @56 is there a good book about the Buckleyites written from a paleoconservative or traditionalist perspective? I'd like to know more about it.

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 11:20 AM  

Check out any version of the Gulag Archipelago on YouTube and you will find the comment section filled with people talking about Peterson being the reason they are there.

It's a book, not a movie, David. Besides, if there is one thing we now know about you Peterson fans, it's that you don't actually read any of the stuff that you are so enthusiastic about.

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 11:21 AM  

The game now is to try to get to Christendom without Christianity, Christians, or Christ, but that can't work.

Exactly. Crazy Christ's Cargo Cult is a good way to describe it.

Blogger Dave May 04, 2018 11:22 AM  

Peterson was discovered by TV producer Wodek Szemberg, the producer of Big Ideas, who is, we are told in the Foreword to the 12 Rules of Life, "always on the lookout for potential public intellectuals, who knows how to spot people who can really talk in front of a TV camera and who look authentic...." Then he was picked up and pushed heavily by Ezra Levant of Rebel Media until he was embraced by the neocons and Never Trumpers.

Ah, things are starting to come into focus now. JBP had put out one book (in the late 90's) that up until a few years ago had sold around 500 copies. Then he zooms from relative obscurity to a million YouTube subscribers in months. Hmmmmmm, how 'bout that.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 11:22 AM  

JP is obviously a Cuck, and a full bore (or boar) Cuck, and will lead people into a loser mentality.

There are all kinds of Cucks that come up with good things, but will lead people down a bad path.

Blogger kennymac May 04, 2018 11:25 AM  

Zman’s place. Didn’t catch the autocorrect change, sorry about that.

Blogger John Best May 04, 2018 11:25 AM  

I enjoyed it when you said the stuff he says about crabs is a load of crap. He plucks things out of nowhere and people think he must be seeing something they can't, but nope he is just grasping for things which make no sense.

Blogger tkatchev May 04, 2018 11:25 AM  

Depression is not a mental illness, it's a spiritual illness. Not understanding the difference is what got the West into this quagmire in the first place.

Blogger select star May 04, 2018 11:29 AM  

"Is this sarcasm? What's the issue with Paradise Lost and the Gulag Achipelago?"

Its a rhetorical tactic that's made up of a mishmash of fallacies like Argumentum ad populum, appeal to authority, strawman etc...

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 04, 2018 11:29 AM  

42. David Power

"However my grip with Peterson is that he keeps banking on about Milton and Solzhenitsyn and yet never ever have I heard him recommend even one comic book!"

That's quite a grip you have there. You should use it to grab hold of a substantive argument.

Blogger Dave May 04, 2018 11:38 AM  

Get a grip, man.

Blogger Rocklea Marina May 04, 2018 11:38 AM  

One of the comments on Alex's video, https://youtu.be/e_OJzgA1zmg

Leave Dr. Peterson out of it. Just go after the dungeon )00 Ben Shapiro. You will regret ever attacking Dr. Peterson that I can personally promise and guarantee.

There are many more. Monday's show should be good. I wonder if the Peterbots will win the thumbs up/down war?

Blogger Disciple of Kek May 04, 2018 11:38 AM  

Spotting people who "look authentic" and "are authentic" are too different skills.

I was a casual fan of Peterson, I liked his opposition to the far left, Communists, and the Canadian gender pronoun laws. However, digging deeper... It's not just aout what somebody fights against, but what they fight for. To deny objective truth is ridiculous... You have to live in your head and not in the world. Intelligence is a double edged sword, and only with truth and faith can we use intelligence for Good.

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 11:39 AM  

Zman’s place.

With the exception of the guy who wanted to declare a jihad against my reputation, I thought they were downright civil, all things considered. C'est la vie.

I didn't even disagree with Z-man's observations; there is an intrinsic problem with looking to e-celebs and media figures as leaders. The skillsets and the responsibilities are entirely different, which is why I constantly tell people that I am not a leader, I am not looking to be recognized as a leader, and if offered leadership I will refuse it.

Blogger Bogey May 04, 2018 11:46 AM  

Wonder if this will be as Brutal as VD's takedown of Scalzi.

Blogger Kpeg May 04, 2018 11:48 AM  

https://youtu.be/A6g_geYeL4U

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 04, 2018 11:48 AM  

tuberman wrote:David Power, please tell us who you are?s
I'm thinking Tad, but I could be wrong.

Blogger Alphaeus May 04, 2018 11:48 AM  

"I am not a leader, I am not looking to be recognized as a leader, and if offered leadership I will refuse it."

So, what you're saying is, if nominated you will not run, if elected you will not serve?

The guy who said that was already a leader, he just didn't want to be a politician and go to Washington because he knew it was a nest of crooks, as he tried to warn his buddy US Grant.

So, what I'm saying is, you're a leader because of what you do, not because you're trying to be a leader as such. People want to find out where you're going and go there with you, or without you, if you leave them, because leadership is about where you're going and not about who is doing the leading. At least to me, but what do I know, I don't want to be a leader either, I'm one of those despised MGTOW's.

Blogger exfarmkid May 04, 2018 11:49 AM  

"Jordan Peterson's fans are starting to get upset because apparently they think I am too mean."

OK. It's watched. I thought you were surprisingly gentle.

Blogger Crew May 04, 2018 11:51 AM  

Meanwhile, GEOTUS is quietly working away. There will be lots of splodey heads when the media realizes:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-stands-religious-freedom-united-states/

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 11:52 AM  

I thought you were surprisingly gentle.

I know. I think it's funny that they think this is me being mean, let alone cruel.

Blogger Dave May 04, 2018 11:53 AM  

One of the comments on Alex's video, https://youtu.be/e_OJzgA1zmg

Leave Dr. Peterson out of it.


Leave Britney Alone!

Blogger Crew May 04, 2018 11:54 AM  

I am not a leader, I am not looking to be recognized as a leader, and if offered leadership I will refuse it.

There are different types of leaders. There are those who lead in the area of providing good philosophical underpinnings for whatever movement and there are those who take those philosophical underpinnings to the people and change hearts and minds. Of course, sometimes you have to break some eggs ...

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 11:54 AM  

76. Alphaeus

Doing is important, and helping to create the Culture Wars from the right is critical. An extension of that is exposing the "Official Opposition" that the Cucks and MSM project.

Blogger kennymac May 04, 2018 11:57 AM  

True, they were rather tame compared to your usual detractors. I just found it funny how they all knew your reasons for hammering JP, same ones put forth by the JP fanboi gamma patrol.

Blogger R Webfoot May 04, 2018 11:59 AM  

"It is therefore grimly amusing to see so many Christians wet the bed in praise of him; as though the same road that led us away from a Christian society, is the one that can take a generation of depressed Millenials back into it."

It is probably because there are many churches whose preaching of the Scriptures is even more meaningless than Peterson's. Some preach that God is Love so we should all be Commies, some preach Your Best Life Now, some preach for an hour and a half about the specific meaning of a single verse as explain by John Calvin. And none of this helps an antisocial Gamma with a dirty room learn to be a functional adult. Mushroom Soup For the Soul seems to be a step up.

Blogger Eze Garcés May 04, 2018 12:00 PM  

Children of single mothers crave For a father figure and it's probable that they see Peterson as one

OpenID Rusty May 04, 2018 12:03 PM  

Peterson's philosophy is fairly standard for someone who rejects Christ and also rejects nihilism. He's basically constructed his own meta-mythology.

Unfortunately, people like him tend to get totalitarianism good and hard in the end. When he finally lands in canadian jail for thoughtcrime he will be like Solzhenitsyn - wondering if he should have bashed that policeman's head in with a fire poker.

Blogger Eze Garcés May 04, 2018 12:05 PM  

Like the New Age

Blogger Owen May 04, 2018 12:08 PM  

Molyneaux also cries on screen but he has other redeeming qualities. He wants to be genuine for the audience

Blogger vanderleun May 04, 2018 12:12 PM  

Lots of words to cloak what is a strange case of deepening envy. The need is not for division but for unity on all fronts.

Again, the insistance on too much perfection is a mistake. And yet it continues to be a "always double down" form of behavior.

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 04, 2018 12:16 PM  

@ 75. Snidely Whiplash

"tuberman wrote:
David Power, please tell us who you are?

I'm thinking Tad, but I could be wrong"

There's a degree of glibness to him, but he struggles with complex arguments and throws red herrings. He's basically what it looks like when verbal ability outstrips the other cognitive domains.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 12:16 PM  

Going to go read my 6th Chuck Dixon novel now. Enough to keep me busy until the comics come out.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 04, 2018 12:22 PM  

vanderleun wrote:The need is not for division but for unity on all fronts.
Unity with whom, vanderleun? With whom?
Shall we Unify with the Communists? With the ethnic Imperialists? With the antifa clown brigade?
Why would we ally with someone so obviously opposed to our very existence?
Jungian anti-rationalists are not our allies.

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 12:23 PM  

You're banned, David Power. Don't comment here again.

Lots of words to cloak what is a strange case of deepening envy. The need is not for division but for unity on all fronts.

Jordan Peterson is not on our side. What fellowship can light have with darkness? Or, for that matter, madness.

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 12:25 PM  

My guess is that many on here have read both Paradise Lost and The Gulag Archipelago, and some have read other Aleksander Solzhenitsyn books such as "Cancer Ward," so what? By the time I was in my mid-teens I'd read these. the people on here are often book readers.

Blogger FUBARwest May 04, 2018 12:25 PM  

"The need is not for division but for unity on all fronts."


https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=17s&v=1OeWGMr_tns

I dont know man, unity with someone who says they aren't on your side seems like a weird request to me.

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 04, 2018 12:31 PM  

@ 93. VD

"Lots of words to cloak what is a strange case of deepening envy."

He was quick to the revealing ad hominem. No matter how hard they front, they really just can't help it.

Blogger repent or perish May 04, 2018 12:32 PM  

Looking at those with whom he aligns himself, both in time and in quantity, it's clear he's of the left, or at the very-least, cuck right. This trend has only strengthened over time, which is why many on the right have become disillusioned with him as of late, even before Vox began his crtique of the man. I see much of the right still holding onto the man simply because he continues to be attacked by some on the left, leading them to the conclusion that he must be on our side. Over time, the 'true-right' will decisively reach the conclusion that he's not one of us.

Blogger FUBARwest May 04, 2018 12:36 PM  

How much of this confusion is due to binary thinking?

"I think JP is agaisnt using trans pronouns and SJWs, therefore he is against the left, therefore he is on my side on the right."

The enemy of my enemy is my friend only goes so far and you arent supposed to conflate that "friend" as yourself.

FYI folks he isn't against trans pronouns. He is against the government forcing him to use them. A position that has changed over the past year as I'm sure his advisors told him looked better and was more palatable for the most amount of people.

Blogger Iamblichus May 04, 2018 12:36 PM  

The issue is Peterson is taking the wrong medication, he should be taking testosterone

Blogger Cecil Henry May 04, 2018 12:46 PM  

This interview really left me stunned as to Peterson's blindness about (((liberal))) interviews.


Peterson is a smart man, but that only makes it all the more shocking to see how he misses just how he is being used for an agenda. Why can't he see this?



At 2:13:00 the interviewer completely discredits himself and reveals HIS agenda. Took a while for the mask to come off but it did. Lots of dishonesty behind that.

That Peterson didn't see he was being USED-perhaps all along, is really shocking.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC1pvjyKYr4&t=7980s

Blogger select star May 04, 2018 12:48 PM  

Peterson is a smart man...

It’s a psychological problem, not an intellectual one.

Blogger VD May 04, 2018 12:48 PM  

How much of this confusion is due to binary thinking?

Most of it, I would assume. We're not dealing with rocket scientists here.

Blogger Go clones May 04, 2018 1:00 PM  

haha, just read one of the comments about Peterson at Infowars and hate to say it ... don't know who the dude is ... but actually ... IMO... the dude nailed it even better than Vox has been able to articulate.

For the win .. ZOAR:
"Peterson does not profess to be a Christian or a conservative. He also does not take a hard stance against any of the major political issues of the day effecting the West. His game seems to be doing damage control for the Left and try to steer white liberals back into the fold that were appalled and sickened by the SJWism and race-baiting that was overused during the election. He's the thoughtful white guy sickened by liberalism who isn't going to take it anymore character, only he doesn't place blame where it belongs but shifts it to a nebulous 'marxism' that apparently he thinks is separate from the DNC and liberal politics in general (it isn't). Go head and hate those ridiculous anti-free speech laws, but don't dare vote conservative because OMG right-wing fascism is totally horrible. Notice how neither of them openly support Donald Trump? They want the wily uncontrolled conservative voters to go back to voting for neo-cons (quasi-liberals). Shapiro does it by trying to make 80's era Republican tropes the answer. Peterson does it by urging tax paying citizens to buck up and make themselves more competent earners so they can finance wave after wave of immigrants who won't be paying anything into the system. He's de-facto trying to make us OK with the creeping socialist state by telling us 'don't worry about the future of your own nation, that's for Nazis. Be one of the good guys and vote for lukewarm neo-cons'."

And ... haha ... is Alex pissed at Shapiro or what ... gonna get some popcorn. Monday is gonna be interesting !!!

Blogger LP999-16 May 04, 2018 1:01 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger vanderleun May 04, 2018 1:15 PM  

ZMan is on this kind of behavior today:

"This lust for recognition is certainly at the root of the endless in-fighting we see among the alt-right personalities. An alt-right person gets some traffic to their YouTube channel and before long they are picking fights with everyone they used to call allies. Because the drama results in more traffic, it becomes a feedback loop. The traffic releases endorphins in the brain of the e-celeb. It’s like crystal meth for these guys. Each hit increases their craving for the next hit. Eventually the drama blows up into nasty feuds and vendettas."

http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=13732

Blogger LP999-16 May 04, 2018 1:16 PM  

I think mentioning 'word salad' in the latest peri was very important and that is where JP fans got upset and wrote you; look into psycho motor retardation in relation to depression you might already know of it but perhaps that will help with this JP matter.

Jordan has wept in some Q/A videos I've heard, regarding depression and suicide, a question arrived about a family member whom ended their lives and JP was answering with how depression runs in his family and its present today. He was emotionally moved by such.

That is understandable but not good, sometimes its best to leave feelings behind and just push through the struggle and endure the best you can.

++

"you seem a bit neurotic and thin-skinned, as you routinely call your viewers "morons" and kick them out when they say something that bothers you. "

I dont comment at peri, I dont need more accounts, log-ins etc., but I saw some comments here and there, its his right to block them.

So that comment reads like a projection that the person emailing VD is neurotic not Vox. Maybe its a confusion for having a rapid razor focus which smarter people tend to exhibit that not neurosis.

Vox to other around here and on the alt right of the 16 points to my estimation are misunderstood and insulted for nothing.

Pple dont read, or listen to notice what AWCA/MPAI mean. Vox has mentioned how it is not enjoyable for him to be around stupidity or dishonesty, that's all. His blog and peri's are his playgrounds so to speak or his way of expression and communication, the rules are reasonable and easy to follow.

So I seriously disregard the unfair irrational criticism in those rec'ed emails Vox posted.

1 Gen on! I always enjoy your comments, correct; JP is a teacher of psychology not a psychiatrist whom hands out meds.

I was once a drug rep and its very sad to report that the drug cartel and medical cartel are terribly similar. And yes alot of pysch is kinda fake the DSM is helpful so to speak but with cultural decline the DSM is expanding into a book of crazy; gender issues all that from what I have heard. I dont want to gas light the industry b/c its money, push pills, never get better, live longer wronger - every high is a new low, very low means a new high, its a horrendous cycle.

I had a horrible time getting away from those cough tussin pebbles for 3 months of pneumonia late 2017 into 2018. I was annoyed I had to show ID for mucinex and stupid sedatives which I finally broke from - I dont know what HRC had but I nearly died and it was considered hospital acquired pneumonia from surgery in 11/2017, 4 damn months of immense fatigue and endless annoying symptoms.

Then I was ill since 4/2015 with other psychical problems, family deaths and it took a over year to get better, 90% ok, 10% still having to use my friend's homemade wine for pain along a anti nausea pill I cut in half to eat and survive, its hell and I'm almost 40. I mentioned alot of this to Markku, he was compassionate and kind.

Anyhow, in the West; Canada, America, people are drugged into submission for mental and physical problems that can be healed from or not, some people never get better and have real diagnoses.

I expected to lose this "friend" she's anti Trump, very liberal communist whom is severely bi-polar parton of yoga and water classes. I am so sorry but I was kind and totally fine with her dumping me as a pal due to Trump and this constant telling me she is an atheist, I said, "I dont care, I do never talk with you about God, you are not receiving validation from me for whatever you beleive, I dont care."

Similar to JP, I think she and him to others speak from the illnesses meaning the illnesses are talking for them.

Upon reading JP's book that was gifted to me, I am telling you its a huge epic disappointment and very flawed but I am not a public figure, not even an intellectual.

Upon completing JP's book, I doubt Vox is going to let this topic go anytime soon.

Blogger Iamblichus May 04, 2018 1:18 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger LP999-16 May 04, 2018 1:20 PM  

105 yeah, a dope or dopamine hit then reactions that are not needed and fights that are POINTLESS.

The alt right 16 points work the other stuff doesn't, I still laugh about how conservos could not conserve the women's bathroom, daily meme war, to how equality, "diversity, mulitculti, neocons", and rest all failed, I was loosely quoting something that the host said a while back, it was a longer list.

Blogger Iamblichus May 04, 2018 1:23 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Cecil Henry May 04, 2018 1:31 PM  

@106:

Yes, his latest book '12 Rules' is really disappointing. ITs a popularizing failure. Although it will probably be hailed as great.

Maps of Meaning does have a lot of substance in it, and this interview from 2015 really shows his best ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis

If you listen from 1:09:00 to around 1:15:00 his Darwinian argument comes out.

I do think he has a lot of insightful thinking on religion and society. Why he is only going half way in telling the truth is what is shocking and a big disappointment. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, no one is perfect, and Peterson has something to offer.

I fear a lot of that value came out BEFORE he was in the mainstream. Now he is being (((subverted))).

Quelle surprise.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 04, 2018 1:34 PM  

Lamblichus, if you're expecting anyone here to click a blind link on a google drive, you're asking for disappointment. This isn't a Peterson forum on reddit, full of morons.
Instead of trying to link out, why not say what you have to say?

Blogger Al May 04, 2018 1:37 PM  

I'm delighted to see Vox and others express skepticism of Peterson, as Peterson raised my skeptical antennae from the very beginning. I sensed he was simply yet another agent of the Approved Opposition, or alternatively, the stupid man's smart man. Those having seriously studied philosophy and theology quickly see through the likes of Peterson.

How Jordan Peterson Can Lead to Freud and Darwin, not God
http://www.tfp.org/how-jordan-peterson-can-lead-to-freud-and-darwin-not-god/

Blogger Iamblichus May 04, 2018 1:38 PM  


Its just a Peterson meme, maybe try this one

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/822258844437542572/

Blogger Iamblichus May 04, 2018 1:39 PM  


btw my name is Iamblichus

Blogger Avalanche May 04, 2018 1:42 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger The Service May 04, 2018 1:46 PM  

On yesterday's Darkstream, someone asked: "How does Jordan Peterson have so many fans?"

Vox speculated that "maybe the world is just that broken that someone who is broken himself resonates with them."

That's certainly a reasonable speculation if you're talking about Peterson's 12 Rules book. But that's exactly why the "take your meds" injunction in the subtitle of chapter 2 is not necessarily due to Peterson's being a deranged solipsist.

Let's remember that Peterson was a practicing psychologist. We can be sure that has given exactly that advice to countless patients. And since this book is directed at the kinds of people who need help, it makes sense that "take your meds" would be one of the rules Peterson stresses.

So while Peterson might be speaking about himself when he stresses taking your meds, he isn't doing it solipsistically. That advice is intended for a certain pre-selected audience.

Also, the speculation that Peterson's media success is mainly due to his having been falsely elevated by the Buckleyite right doesn't ring true, and the comparison to Ben Shapiro's engineered rise is really the opposite of the truth.

Peterson's media rise was, to all appearances, an organic youtube phenomenon first. It happened when his views on the Canadian transgender pronoun law became controversial, and many people liked what they saw in him. After that, sure, the Buckley types might have seen some potential there, and decided to elevate him in the MSM. But even so, the elevation was organic in the sense that Peterson already had a massive audience, and they simply decided to give him a more official platform for speaking to that audience, and for growing it.

That is the opposite of Ben Shapiro's inorganic elevation by the Buckleyites. Shapiro has none of Peterson's charisma, and his writing is dull, too. He was obviously forced on the public from above, whereas Peterson had an initial surge of organically won popularity, which was, perhaps, later exploited by the conservative establishment. Not the same thing at all.

Peterson's success as a youtube personality is easy to explain. He might be crazy on the page as a writer, but he is not crazy in his public debates and interviews. In fact, he is charismatic, pragmatic, sensible, and clear, and he says things well that really do need saying. That's why even many non-broken people enjoy watching his videos.

I am an intensely happy man, and I have never taken any psychiatric meds. Whatever my flaws and limitations, I am the opposite of broken. And yet, like many people people, I enjoy watching Jordan Peterson in interviews and debates, and it's not because he's entertainingly nuts. He really does have interesting things to say, and he says them well.

Obviously, that doesn't mean he's a brilliant thinker. Nor does it mean that, when you get down to the roots of his philosophy, he's not a bit nuts. Perhaps he is. So far, Vox Day is making a compelling case that he is.

But a complete picture of Peterson, one that really understands his appeal to the public, will have to contend somehow with the gap that separates the mental messiness of his writing from his reliably interesting and sane-seeming interviews and debates.



Blogger Alphaeus May 04, 2018 2:56 PM  

"his refusal to play along with the trans-activists."

You're probably too young to know about "2 steps forward, 1 step back." And the saying, "the action is in the reaction." Maybe you're heard of the Hegelian Dialectic? ", "Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis,"
not to be confused with The Aristotlean and the Vox-Day-ean Dialectic.

So what if Professor Kermit the Frog kinda sorta poses as a resistor against the psychotic and wicked transgender pronoun garbage? He half-asses even that when he says that he's only resisting the government requiring it but he's not willing to tell one of the mentally ill people to their face that they are out of their ever loving minds.

Blogger Chief Osage May 04, 2018 2:58 PM  

"On yesterday's Darkstream, someone asked: "How does Jordan Peterson have so many fans?" "

What he has to say resonates with and helps many young men and its delivered by someone who for the first time in their lives spoke to them with compassion.

There are problems with his ideas, but he has done immense good in the lives of many many people. From what I've seen he's had greater positive impact on individual mens lives in a shorter period of time than any Alt Right personality out there.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener May 04, 2018 3:13 PM  

@116 Peterson's success as a youtube personality is easy to explain. He might be crazy on the page as a writer, but he is not crazy in his public debates and interviews. In fact, he is charismatic, pragmatic, sensible, and clear, and he says things well that really do need saying. That's why even many non-broken people enjoy watching his videos.

Youtube doesn't magically make a man sane. What's actually happening is that, when he speaks, Peterson is spewing insanity so quickly that most people can't grasp it. They're especially blinded when they're looking for an inspiring message buried somewhere within the nonsense. Since most of what Peterson says on Youtube isn't transcribed it's more difficult for critics to thoroughly examine what he's saying. Thus his apparent success on that medium.

Blogger August May 04, 2018 3:21 PM  

@110,

If Vox gets into Maps of Meaning, it will be no better. Clear evidence of mental illness. And the map is wrong- i.e. not accurate.

Blogger tublecane May 04, 2018 3:21 PM  

@55- YouTube comment sections on famous books are proof people are actually reading them?

Has Peterson sold you Florida swamp real estate, too?

Blogger tublecane May 04, 2018 3:32 PM  

@59- There's a book put out I think by the Birchers called William F. Buckley, Jr.: Pied Piper of the Establishment.

Paul Gottfried had interesting writing on the subject, but I can't remember a specific book.

There's a book by the paleoconnish libertarian Justin Raimondo with plenty on Buckleyites and neocons called Reclaiming the American Right.

Murray Rothbard wasn't a conservative, but he had a good book on the subject called the Betrayal of the American Right.

There is of course also Vox's book on the conservative movement: Cuckservatives.

You'll see the word "betrayal" come up a lot.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 04, 2018 3:34 PM  

For high levels of American betrayal porn, also check out BOHICA, by Scott Barnes.

Blogger tublecane May 04, 2018 4:04 PM  

@43- "Maybe they realize they need to retrench and return to even Bill Clinton leftism"

Interesting you put it that way, because someone posted about an interview Peterson did on CBC wherein he used the term "radical right." Which I've always considered a tell--even though the term may be perfectly appropriate for some on the right--that the person's vision of the right is Tim McVeigh and wacky militias. That was a popular one in the Clinton era.

Sounds about right, although Trump himself reminds me a bit of a Clinton Democrat. Only without the PC and without the swampiness.

I don't know if Peterson is swampy, though I'm sure we'll hear about his "gonnegtions" soon. But he definitely is too PC. Remember, by the time we got to Clinton the Long March through the Institutions bad already happened, and PC was already upon us. They weren't SJWs, but they also weren't right in the head.

OpenID voidecho May 04, 2018 4:32 PM  

This interactive calculator can be used to demonstrate the mathematically invalid nature of the thesis of Jordan Peterson's essay 'On the so-called "Jewish Question"':

https://jewcalc.neocities.org/

Enjoy.

OpenID voidecho May 04, 2018 5:46 PM  

I appreciate your efforts to cut Jordan Peterson off at the knees intellectually, VD. It's important that his poisons be neutralized, as by this time time it's plainly evident that he is being intentionally memed by the MSM as a kosher alternative to political ideas that pose an actual threat to the established Western power structures.

The most dangerous aspect of what Peterson is doing is that his political ideology is totally (and intentionally) enmeshed with his self-help advice. In fact, the root hypothesis of Peterson's self-help advice is that anyone who is further to the Left or the Right than he is has a pathological mental illness (a metaphorically and/or literally messy bedroom, due to "pathological resentment" rooted in a failure to take personal responsibility).

The result of this is that people who could not function in society, and then found some stable ground by following Peterson's advice to actually try to achieve something with their lives, become utterly dedicated to Peterson's political ideology (and to Peterson himself, the source of the "salvation" -- a word that they sometimes literally use). They cannot separate Peterson's political ideas from the advice they followed to improve their lives, and they thus become the enemies of anyone whose political ideas do match those of Peterson's.

The question is, was this done by accident, or did Peterson know full well that he had tailored his message such that it would create a rabid cult following? There are reports of "Jordan Peterson Study Groups" popping up around North America now, and without a doubt this is the beginning of serious cult-like activity.

I think the answer is that Peterson it too intelligent to have done this by accident, especially considering his insight into human psychology.

Another insidious thing that Peterson does is that he equates the horrors of Marxism with "tribalism", highlighting White "tribalism" explicitly as a paramount evil that must be headed off at the pass. The result is that his fanbase is "anti-collectivist", equating the very concept of White people working together politically to protect the ethnic/racial composition of their countries as "reprehensible collectivism" that is no different than Marxist class/cultural warfare.

In many cases, I have seen Peterson's ideology wielded by non-Whites who clearly have found a form of anti-White politics that they can feel comfortable pursuing, since it's not the blatant genocidal rhetoric of the Marxists. The only difference is that instead of telling Whites to move out of the way to make room for the third world, they are telling Whites to move out of the way for "the individual". In the end, for many of these people it's just one more way for non-Whites to justify their presence in White homelands, since after all, Peterson has proclaimed that the concept of a country belonging to one ethnic/racial group is "reprehensible tribalism" that is "not Western".

For the most part, I think people are grossly underestimating just how much of a stumbling block Peterson actually is. Most people I speak to on the Right tell me that we should leave Peterson alone because he is "a good entry redpill/gateway", however I think the truth is that he is a gatekeeper whose strategy is far more insidious than it seems at first glance.

I've spent some time in the past few months trying to dialogue with Peterson fans. I have seen people saying that he is a literal prophet (something Peterson has himself alluded to more than once, even saying that he has prophetic dreams), and people saying that Peterson is the savior of the West and we must support him no matter what the cost.

It is of utmost importance that Peterson's flawed ideology and ideas be discredited and mocked for the snake oil that they are. This is a problem that is only going to get worse as time goes on.

Blogger Dirk Manly May 04, 2018 5:53 PM  

@10

"Attack of the parentheses!!! What's wrong with Sommers or Rubin though?"

Christina Hoff Sommers isn't an anti-feminist. She's trying to save it from SJW-feminism.

As for (((Rubin))), why do you even ask?

Blogger Carmina Fuentes May 04, 2018 6:06 PM  


All I care about is, "Netanyahu lied and Americans will died".

Blogger R Webfoot May 04, 2018 6:34 PM  

The question is, was this done by accident, or did Peterson know full well that he had tailored his message such that it would create a rabid cult following? There are reports of "Jordan Peterson Study Groups" popping up around North America now, and without a doubt this is the beginning of serious cult-like activity.

Am in one.
I have not seen anything cultish yet, but I am looking for it.

I expect the troubles to start with sex, and some mushrooms.

Because evolution.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 04, 2018 6:50 PM  

He really is Judeo-Peterson.

Most of the time when I hear the term psychology, it's along with warfare.

Blogger tublecane May 04, 2018 7:09 PM  

@126- Psychologists may be particularly susceptible to individualism. If they're not committed leftists, which of course many are. Though leftist think individualistically when it suits them.

I say so because some form of individualism is just a biological fact. And though of course there are social psychologists, I take it Peterson's work is mostly with self-help.

The thing about "tribalism" continues to annoy me. Because it's a word most people use, I think, to get away from atomistic individualism and rootlessness. Not because they're social atavists. Collectivism has nothing to do with it.

I might have thought only idiot Objectivists bought into the false individual/collective dichotomy. The importance of family, peer groups, community, region, country, and civilization is boilerplate in our culture, and that shouldn't change just because SJWs are crazy and you think there are too many Nazis.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 04, 2018 7:29 PM  

@10 Meimou

Inside Ben Sharpiros Twisted plan to take over Gleen Becks Collapsed Empire with Texas Money.
https://youtu.be/e_OJzgA1zmg
---

This is good. Can't imagine the potent energies unleashed when you mix a rampaging Alex Jones with VD going after Judeo-Peterson and Lil Benji. Monday promises to be an EPIC segment !

Blogger tuberman May 04, 2018 8:25 PM  

Were-Puppy wrote:@10 Meimou

Inside Ben Sharpiros Twisted plan to take over Gleen Becks Collapsed Empire with Texas Money.

https://youtu.be/e_OJzgA1zmg

---

This is good. Can't imagine the potent energies unleashed when you mix a rampaging Alex Jones with VD going after Judeo-Peterson and Lil Benji. Monday promises to be an EPIC segment !


This is getting very good isn't it, and just when they thought the false opposition was getting a renewal.

Blogger LP999-16 May 04, 2018 8:31 PM  

133 Yeah AJ mentioned it this week.

I wish Vox could also at another time or some point explain the 16 points of the alt right.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 04, 2018 8:50 PM  

"...the potent energies unleashed when you mix a rampaging Alex Jones with VD going after Judeo-Peterson and Lil Benji."

You might have phrased that better.

Blogger Rocklea Marina May 04, 2018 8:57 PM  

"...the potent energies unleashed when you mix a rampaging Alex Jones with VD going after Judeo-Peterson and Lil Benji."

You might have phrased that better.


Consequences of Super Male Vitality.

Blogger tz May 04, 2018 9:15 PM  

All proper thinking is binary - good or evil, true or false, beautiful or ugly.
Or JP's own "male OR female".
There is no non-binary thinking, only a series of uncorrected bit errors that are 1s when they should be 0s or vice versa.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 04, 2018 9:22 PM  

@23 Robert Browning
From Craiglist, free stuff, I picked a set of World Book Encylopedias circa 1970 no entry for Holocaust. WTF?
---

That was before Judeo-Christ consolidated zis power.

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 04, 2018 9:58 PM  

You can see the narrative - the devil Spencer and his evil Alt-Right bigots are swept away for Peterson to spread his anti-Western falsehoods. Heralded by Lil Ben, his very own Judeo-John the Baptist. It looks great, until the real Alt-Right nationalists show up...

Yes, I can't wait for the Jones show.

Blogger Y. May 04, 2018 10:22 PM  

Vox & Dread Ilk

You don't get it.

He isn't preaching Holocaustianity. If you look at what's he's doing, he's warning more often about communism.

His message is actually that Nazism and Holocaust isn't actually that special. It's just a case of people getting really high on ideology and then doing what comes naturally, which is kill their enemies in large numbers.


He's a prophet of Gnon. But of course one can't expect a blog aimed at self-identified 'alphas' and christian literalists to have the mindset to appreciate prophets of Nature.

Still, you'll get the message in time. Don't worry.

@lamblichus

He isn't taking any medication anymore, he's said. He used to take some anti-depressant, but after he went on a meat/vegetable only diet the needs to do so went away.

@VD

I'll get in contact with you regards John Fuerst and his data on Ashk. intelligence. I may know some people who know some grad students.. that kinda thing.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 04, 2018 10:30 PM  

@103 Go clones
And ... haha ... is Alex pissed at Shapiro or what ... gonna get some popcorn. Monday is gonna be interesting !!!
---

I'm really looking forward to it.

Blogger tublecane May 04, 2018 10:33 PM  

@Y.- Wow, people get carried away by ideology. How insightful.

Did the Green Man whisper that to him at the last Witches' Sabbath in the dark woods?

Blogger insanitybytes22 May 04, 2018 10:39 PM  

This is a hysterically funny projection. Tragic but quite comical. The narcissist's hall of mirrors, indeed.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 04, 2018 10:43 PM  

@126 voidecho

The question is, was this done by accident, or did Peterson know full well that he had tailored his message such that it would create a rabid cult following?
---

It will be quite a psyop if this comes out as true.

Blogger Rocklea Marina May 04, 2018 10:44 PM  

He's a prophet of Gnon. But of course one can't expect a blog aimed at self-identified 'alphas' and christian literalists to have the mindset to appreciate prophets of Nature.

Still, you'll get the message in time. Don't worry.


Always nice to hear from The Ministry of Saint Jordan, Patron Saint of The Gamma Hierarchy.

OpenID voidecho May 04, 2018 10:47 PM  

Y. wrote:Still, you'll get the message in time. Don't worry.

How very typical of a Peterson cultist, condescendingly proclaiming that we just don't understand the genius that is your cult leader because we haven't yet properly digested his gospel.

To top it all off, you're declaring that Peterson is literally a prophet, which is also typical cult-like behavior.

Y. wrote:He isn't preaching Holocaustianity. If you look at what's he's doing, he's warning more often about communism.

He preaches Holocaustianity when he affirms the mainstream holocaust myth narrative, which he has done both in his lectures and his books (both 'Maps of Meaning' and '12 Rules').

Y. wrote:His message is actually that Nazism and Holocaust isn't actually that special. It's just a case of people getting really high on ideology and then doing what comes naturally, which is kill their enemies in large numbers.

His message is that White people must never again be "tribal", which he falsely equivocates with Marxist class/cultural warfare identity politics, or else, according to him, another holocaust will inevitably result.

He presents this message alongside education about the horrors of Marxist communism, as you said, declaring that for the same reason we must never again revisit Marxist communism, we must never again revisit a time when White people saw themselves as a greater whole and protected the ethnic/racial demographic character of their countries.

He has masterfully rewoven the Holocaustianity narrative, and repackaged it right alongside the atrocities of Marxist communism, weaponizing the holocaust myth once again for a new generation right along with its condemnations of ethnic nationalism. Only this time, the atrocities of Marxist communism are used as a bonus multiplier, since according to Peterson the holocaust and the gulags were caused by the same pathological rejection of "radical individualism".

Enjoy following your false prophet into perdition.

OpenID littl3x May 04, 2018 10:50 PM  

Dear Peterson fans:
I've been reading this blog for 12 years (or so). He will not stop until the carcass is unrecognizable.

Blogger Dirk Manly May 04, 2018 11:18 PM  

@30

"So happens I work in a retail (car) store near a large, heavily-funded, psychological hospital and rehab center.

My associates and I have determined that the people working at that center are just as crazy as the patients within it--or maybe more so."

My mom is a nurse. She said that it was obvious even in the first-year nursing classes who would be the ones who would go into psych-nursing. As she put it, "they go into the psych field looking for a cure for their own problems."

Blogger tublecane May 04, 2018 11:25 PM  

@140- "Gnon" I take it is a pagan reactionary thing. Or supposed to be. Probably not something in which anyone actually believes, but a shibboleth for people on the internet to recognize kindred idiots.

Peterson is a progressive, not a reactionary. Though if we're talking reactionary in the fake right sense, I don't suppose there's a difference.

Blogger tublecane May 05, 2018 1:05 AM  

I'm watching Peterson's video introducing Maps of Meaning to some poor group of students. He eventually gets around to warning them that nothing he says is true. He purportedly wants them to relentlessly hack away at his and their own beliefs until there's nothing left but what's strong enough to serve as a foundation for when they go through hard times.

Which certainly sounds like a philosophical method a mentally ill person would invent.

What stands out to me is the narrowness of his horizon, despite his obvious learning and intelligence. Despite studying history, philosophy, religion, mythology, and so forth, he's thoroughly modern. We moderns can't easily think our way out of modernity, but Peterson is over-modern.

He believes, for instance, there was something unprecedented about Freud's "discovery" that we aren't aware of everything in our minds. As if no ancient ever hit upon unconscious passion influencing action. Including his hero Nietzsche.

That, and most all his examples are from the 20th century. You know, Nazis and commies. And when he goes beyond, it's to stuff moderns are stereotypically interested in. Pragmatism, because that's the dominant 20th-century center-left mindset. Dostoyevsky and Nietzsche because they prefigure existentialism. Christianity and other religions for their stories the way Jung used them.

Someone (maybe Leo Strauss) once told me philosophical modernism is split into two camps: positivism and existentialism. That split is fundamental to Peterson's outlook from what I can tell. He emphasizes the existentialist side, or the pragmatic/Darwinian/maybe even vitalist side, and that's what he's talking about when he looks to the distant past or deep within the unconscious.

This he contrasts with what he calls the Newtonian view of things. Which is all about objectivity and scientism, and which he has as unprecedented in human history before a very short time ago. But it's not as if he's pitting the Wisdom of the Ages against it. It's really just one side of modernism against another.

Like how commies pretend Nazis are on the extremist of the extreme right, but really they're just a bit to their right.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 05, 2018 1:51 AM  

Ok, on the suggestion of tublecane(Thanks, muchly), I looked into the Harris/Peterson debate which definitely makes JBP looks very confused on the nature of truth. Perhaps, he is onto some deep concept that eludes me, but it just strikes me as ivory tower bafflegab.

That said, I don't think there's much evidence he's controlled opposition or what have you. I've seen him identify with the left much more than with the right (such as on Youtube's "a left wing case for free speech") and I agree that his popularity is essentially an organic phenomenon (as someone above said).

I do think he does some good work - his takedown of the BBC anchorwoman in real time was a thing of beauty IMO.

I do like his work on the Bible, even though he does not approach them from a religious POV. I did find it interesting the extent to which the Biblical stories actually work well simply on the level of stories. His presentation actually put me in mind of the Sunday school as a youngster when I definitely did not grasp the significance of the stories religious meaning but I was drawn to the drama and adventure of Noah and Samson. I am sure that this is a subtantial reason for Peterson's popularity.

Cheers. :)

Blogger Laramie Hirsch May 05, 2018 1:57 AM  

Vox, I'd love to read a book by you about right-wing frauds like Shapiro and Peterson.

Blogger Laramie Hirsch May 05, 2018 3:14 AM  

Btw, has the infowars interview already happened?

Blogger Y. May 05, 2018 5:12 AM  

I'm not going to argue with Holocaust deniers, because that is basically pointless. Holocaust denial is magical thinking, a belief that Jews have supernatural powers and can somehow make millions of people have false memories of WWII.

Yeah, they brainwashed the entire Police Battalion 101 into making all the shit up. (For those who don't know, that was a Hamburg police unit sent to Poland to help with ghetto clearance and mopping up. Somehow uniquely, they were all thoroughly interviewed by German police in the 1960's on their wartime memories.

Like I say, magical thinking.

@voidecho

>How very typical of a Peterson cultist, condescendingly proclaiming that we just don't understand the genius that is your cult leader because we haven't yet properly digested his gospel.

If you don't have a basic science education and good layman's knowledge of evolutionary psychology, psychology, basic biology and such, you can't even understand the message.

Plus, there is this whole thing that highly religious people often lack the questioning mindset and instead try to fit everything within their own narrative and dismiss the evidence that doesn't fit. I'm fine with that, and fine with being called foolish, following a false prophet and so on.

Hence people like you, and liberals with their false ideas about the world dismiss whatever Peterson says as 'waffling'. They can't or won't even try to understand it.

That you do so doesn't mean anything to me.


The truth is what works. Doesn't the bible say the same thing?

Matthew 7:16

Somehow, I don't see the Jews-have-magical-powers camp ever accomplishing anything even remotely interesting except trolling Canada.

OpenID voidecho May 05, 2018 6:01 AM  

Y. wrote:I'm not going to argue with Holocaust deniers, because that is basically pointless.

Then why did you write a post arguing with me about the holocaust?

Y. wrote:Yeah, they brainwashed the entire Police Battalion 101 into making all the shit up. (For those who don't know, that was a Hamburg police unit sent to Poland to help with ghetto clearance and mopping up.

Rounding people up and putting them in work camps is not evidence of a genocide. The USA did the same thing during WW2 with Japanese citizens.

Six million Jews did not die and there is no evidence of either homicidal gas chambers or a plot to exterminate Jews. Here is a Jew name David Cole (the son of Elvis' doctor, incidentally) proving that homicidal gas chambers are wartime propaganda turned myth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFrJF-noN7A

But of course, you won't examine the evidence, because the holocaust is part of your foundational world view, part of your religious-like conception of what is good and what is evil in the world.

If you were to examine this evidence you would risk not only becoming a heretic in the social order you so desperately want to neatly fit into, but to risk a paradigm shift in your conception of reality such that you may even be forced to question who you are at a foundational level of being.

Nothing like that for you. You're a good member of your social tribe who has moral virtue, who hates the same evil as the rest of your tribe, and who can be trusted to not disrupt the established order. You're safe. No one will ever call you a heretic and ostracize you. For if that happened, you might freeze to death in the cold wilderness, alone.

Y. wrote:The truth is what works. Doesn't the bible say the same thing?

The flesh of some fruit may be very sweet indeed, but yet the core still totally rotten, once you get to the center of it.

Using self-help advice as a distribution vector for an ideology is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Ask any ex-Scientologist.

Y. wrote:I don't see the Jews-have-magical-powers camp ever accomplishing anything even remotely interesting

Jewish intellectuals created Cultural Marxism. Maybe not a magical power, but it is a curse that has damned the West to the current predicament we find ourselves in.

Small minority groups need to understand the subconscious undercurrents of the majority group of their host nation as a matter of survival. With knowledge comes power.

It was no mistake that Derrida (postmodernist intellectual) was a Jew.

Maybe try tackling Solzhenytsin's '200 Years Together' if you'd like another example of "magical Jews" accomplishing acts of astonishing sorcery in the Soviet Union.

Blogger Rocklea Marina May 05, 2018 6:14 AM  

Y. wrote:

The truth is what works.

Zyklon B worked. And as Jordan Peterson says "evil is the desire to cause suffering, where suffering is not necessary."
They were starving in those camps. Thank Nature the compassionate Germans saw fit to alleviate their needless suffering. Peterson truly is the Prophet we are thirsting for.

Blogger Daniel May 05, 2018 7:19 AM  

Starting to skip jp posts. Boring.

Blogger The Mad Dad May 05, 2018 7:36 AM  

I enjoy Jordan Peterson, but when Vox started calling him out, my initial reaction was curiosity, not anger or defensiveness. My secondary reaction was a mini existential crisis to figure out if I wasn't also mentally ill and creating some framework in which to function. My conclusion is that Vox Popoli and the Darkstreams contribute far more to my sanity than JP.





Blogger Alphaeus May 05, 2018 9:48 AM  

"highly religious people often lack the questioning mindset "

Except when they question the holocaust, vich ist verboten, ja?

I my self think that some large number of Jews were systematically killed first by Einsatzgruppen and then industrially in gas chambers by the Nazi's and their SS, but what I don't believe is how because that happened I have to accept communist Globalism. Slavery and colonialism happened too but that doesn't convince me that I now have to accept the tyranny of Dirt Bag Supremacy.

Blogger Al May 05, 2018 9:58 AM  

Vox Day, you're excellent in print. However, for video presentations you need to upgrade. It's time to: 1) fully abandon permanent adolescence and lose the t-shirts, and 2) lose 30 pounds (see forksoverknives.com)

Notice how that great American hero known as Jared Taylor never looks like a permanent adolescent slob.

Blogger Al May 05, 2018 10:05 AM  

Here's a highly religious man, that great hero Bishop Richard Williamson, laying out the fundamental opposition in this world; namely, the war between Jews and Catholics:

The Fundamental Opposition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcge-ne08Q

Here he is questioning the modern dogma of the myth of progress:

"We are today in a situation like just before The Flood"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsRsBMzGbA

And here he is questioning the modern dogma of equality:

The Order of Creation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnsMMm0_jk



Blogger VD May 05, 2018 10:39 AM  

Vox Day, you're excellent in print. However, for video presentations you need to upgrade. It's time to: 1) fully abandon permanent adolescence and lose the t-shirts, and 2) lose 30 pounds (see forksoverknives.com)

If I lost 30 pounds, Jordan Peterson would think the Holocaust 2.0 had begun. I weigh three pounds more than my fighting weight.

Do you Millennials simply not know what muscle looks like?

Blogger VD May 05, 2018 10:40 AM  

Starting to skip jp posts. Boring.

Then you'd better skip the blog for the next two months or so.

You're obviously not a long-time reader.

Blogger Student in Blue May 05, 2018 12:20 PM  

What cunning wit we're witnessing today, "ur fat lolo".

Blogger VD May 05, 2018 12:47 PM  

Stop lying, Al.

Blogger tublecane May 05, 2018 4:11 PM  

@154- "millions of people have false memories of WWII"

That is the weakest possible argument against "Holocaust denial." Aside from the fact that no one has or had the memory of 6 million exactly being killed, no one of whom we're aware has the memory of the Final Solution being a deliberate plot to exterminate European Jewry. Not counting people who were tortured into confessing.

More importantly, eye witness accounts are notoriously unreliable. If you wish to rely upon vaunted Jewish Memory, you're stuck with stuff like conveyor belts leading people to be hammered to death, mass electrocution, giant pits of burning bodies (inefficient), guards masturbating as they peep through glass into gas chambers, etc.

Peterson I have heard go on about Hitler's obsession with fire, citing the Nuremberg rallies. And "holocaust" literally means burnt offering. But you know, the whole fire association stressed dramatically in Elie Wiesel's Night got superseded by gas. Because I guess at some point everyone realized it was impossible to have killed that many people in fiery pits.

If you wish to see how well eye witness Holocaust testimony holds up under cross-examination, see the Ernst Zundel trial.

"The truth is what works. Doesn't the Bible say the same thing?"

You mean by their fruits ye shall know them? If that's all pragmatism added up to, it wouldn't bother me. But that's just the story they tell rubes in intro philosophy class. Actual pragmatism ain't that.

Blogger joe stalin May 05, 2018 5:11 PM  

When it comes to truly gifted intellectuals, the insufferable Vox Day is the brightest star in his own universe. Being in the same room with him would torturous indeed.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 05, 2018 5:36 PM  

joe stalin wrote:When it comes to truly gifted intellectuals, the insufferable Vox Day is the brightest star in his own universe. Being in the same room with him would torturous indeed.
Damn, Vox, you sure know how to trigger the gammas.

Blogger Meng Greenleaf May 05, 2018 7:45 PM  

Why do so many of Peterson's followers / groupies think he is an MD when he's not?

It's because he markets himself as a "Clinical" psychologist.... one who completed his PhD dissertation on theology.

Yeah, "Clincal".

Other than the IQ test, very little of what "research" that is derived out of psychology, is actually replicable. Thereby making it nonscience, by definition.

Anyway, psychiatrists are the MD's you never want with a knife in their hands. Many hack MDs are encouraged to specialize into psychiatry just for this purpose.

OpenID voidecho May 05, 2018 10:39 PM  

Jordan Peterson in 2012: "I take anti-depressants and I always will."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x35Rbe81vkU

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts