ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Cargo Cultists respond

A Jordan Peterson fan responds to my apology to Jordan Peterson:
Vox Day is an arrogant creep who thinks he's the burning bush and everyone else is stupid. If you met him in real life, or ever tried to correspond with him in any serious way, you would know that. He's also envious of anyone who achieves more success and notoriety than him, or even threatens to achieve more of a following.

In short, this is not a good person who is the least bit interested in anything approaching unity on the alt-right or new right or whatever you want to call it. He is only interested in his own self promotion and achieving some level of fame and fortune by hawking his own books and maybe latching on to some of his own sycophants if he thinks they can sell some books on his label too, so he can make more money off people he views as his intellectual inferiors and does not really view as a threat.

Basically he's a failed musicians who tries to give you this impression that he is on Jordan Peterson's level as an intellectual, with these phony claims about his supposed genius IQ, and BTW it wouldn't even matter if that were true because it doesn't make you a good person, and he's not. Lastly, Jordan Peterson was raised in a tough place around tough men, and that teaches you things like humility and respect for others, cause the alternative could be a punch in the face. Vox Day, OTOH, grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, around other effeminate male who were no threat to him physically, and it shows in his demeanor. Thats why he's such an arrogant pr*ck with a smart mouth.

In closing, I'll guarantee you Peterson is the kind of guy you would want to have a few drinks and laughs with, whereas Vox Day wouldn't give you the time of day, unless he thought you could help advance his career and perhaps make him some money. I know his fan-club will jump all over me for this, but I've encountered the man and he is NOT a nice guy, he's only not nearly as smart as he wants you to believe that he is. In that respect he is not even in Jordan Peterson's league.
Far from being upset by these imprecations, I find these retreats to attempted rebuttal by ad hominem to be very satisfying indeed. They make it very clear to all and sundry that Peterson's most enthusiastic defenders have no way to even begin trying to defend his evil philosophy, his inept syllogisms, or his insane mission.

After all, what possible reason could anyone have for questioning the intellectual and philosophical legitimacy of a man who has already done so much good for the world and only wishes to do even more by eliminating group identification, war, and evil.
  1. It's very strange that no one believes I am envious of Jensen Huang, NN Taleb, John Carmack, Richard Garriott, or Neal Stephenson, the men of talent I admire who happen to have considerably more success than the individuals I criticize. It's downright inexplicable that no one ever accuses me of envying Milo, Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, or Stefan Molyneux despite the fact that they all have much larger followings than I do.
  2. If I was primarily interested in self-promotion, then why do I turn down 99 percent of the interviews and media appearances that are offered to me? All one has to do is ask anyone who has tried to get me on their show or podcast, or interview me for their newspaper or magazine or television show, to learn how interested in self-promotion I am. I don't have an agent, I don't send out press releases and I don't ask to appear on anyone's show. Not even my friends' shows when I have a new book out. I don't think people understand how often the media contacts me for various reasons; I literally just got off the phone with my friend James Delingpole from Breitbart and The Spectator after he called me with some questions about a piece he is working on. It's not about me and it may not even mention me.
  3. The band I founded, Psykosonik, had four Billboard Top 40 Club Chart hits, (three of which I co-wrote), beat out Prince for Best Dance Record at the Minnesota Music Awards, had our music featured in movies and Nintendo games, played live at First Avenue and Glam Slam, and was invited to play at the second Lollapalooza. I do not consider that to be a failure.
  4. Jordan Peterson is, by his own admission, a physical coward who literally ran from fights in his school days. I spent six years in the best mixed martial arts school in the state, have sparred with several national Tang Soo Do and Karate champions, have won school fights, street fights, and ring fights, and was given the name "Berserker" by a nationally respected sensei. The reason I don't fear being punched in the mouth isn't because I am surrounded by effeminate males, but because I know for a fact that I can take a punch and I can give it back with interest.
  5. I have no idea who this "Whiskey Slick" is. I suspect our "encounters" are limited to him reading my blog.
Another cargo cultist can't believe that Peterson claimed human thought was fundamentally different as little as five centuries ago.
Yeah.......where in the world did you read JBP say men 500 years ago thought differently? One of JBP's arguments is that a significant part of our behvior and thought processes are older than trees...
In Maps of Meaning, by Jordan Peterson.
  1. Prior to the time of Descartes, Bacon and Newton, man lived in an animated, spiritual world, saturated with meaning, imbued with moral purpose. The nature of this purpose was revealed in the stories people told each other—stories about the structure of the cosmos and the place of man. But now we think empirically (at least we think we think empirically), and the spirits that once inhabited the universe have vanished.
  2. The consequence of exploration that allows for emotional regulation (that generates security, essentially) is not objective description, as the scientist might have it, but categorization of the implications of an unexpected occurrence for specification of means and ends. Such categorization is what an object “is,” from the perspective of archaic affect and subjective experience. The orienting reflex, and the exploratory behavior following its manifestation, also allows for the differentiation of the unknown into the familiar categories of objective reality. However, this ability is a late development, emerging only four hundred years ago, and cannot be considered basic to “thinking.” Specification of the collectively apprehensible sensory qualities of something—generally considered, in the modern world, as the essential aspect of the description of reality—merely serves as an aid to the more fundamental process of evaluation, determining the precise nature of relevant or potentially relevant phenomena.
  3. The distance between the idea and the action has widened within the course of recent evolutionary history. Medieval people, unused to rhetorical speech, were easily seized emotionally or inspired to action by passionate words.
Perhaps he doesn't realize that the furthest back we can place that reference to Descartes, Bacon, and Newton is 1561 AD, when Francis Bacon was born. And then we have this double-team:
So the argument from this guy is that because he doesn't understand Dr. Peterson, that Peterson must be crazy? Isn't that called Dunning-Kreuger effect?

Vox Day frequently discusses the 30 IQ point communication gap. If this Peterson affair has taught me nothing else, it has driven this point home. Dr Peterson is rumored to have an IQ of 158 btw. I've kept a close eye on Vox's commentary at the blog. The "arguments" made against Peterson there are no more substantive there than they are here--at least to someone who refrains from using the term "Dark Lord".
To the contrary, it is because, unlike nearly all of his fans, I do understand what Jordan Peterson is writing that I say he is crazy. It seems strange that this is in any way debatable, considering that the man is open about being prescribed medication for his mental illness. And if the arguments I have presented here are not real, actual, of a considerable amount quantity, or having practical effect, then obviously I shall have to continue to dig deeper and present even more substantial evidence and arguments against Dr. Peterson.

I note that this implication that all the combined arguments presented in the videos and on the blog are not substantive was made just yesterday. And then, there are a fair collection of comments like these.
You are a master at double speak! and very snide. People need to watch out for sophists like you. You try to look intelligent with your leather bound books but your thinking is as shallow as a paddling pool.
Always nice to hear from the rhetoricals. But this comment probably takes the cake.
Alright..... Just stepping into the war-room you have going against Jordan Peterson here.... How's it going, guys? Just pouring myself some coffee, don't mind me.... Okay.... We've got the map over the table, the radar-reports coming in, the jeeps rolling by.... The choppers thundering overhead.... Cool cool cool! Good to see us all making progress, hey? At this rate, our forces will be in Toronto by as early as NEXT WEEK! Ahh, yes! There's Admiral-Lieutenant-Commander mastermind, Vox Day I see entering the headquaters tent.... TEN HUTT!!! .....Say, Vox, like.... What's the VICTORY CONDITION here anyway? Assuming you do win this rather sad and autistic deathstruggle you have going against Peterson and his people.... (Ohh, and I'm sure it's ALL VERY EPIC AND AWESOME AND THOROUGHLY PLANNED OUT TO THE LAST ACT, DUDE! -Stop looking at me like that, Vox! Stop looking at me like I'm some spy sent from the Enemy to sabotage your incredible efforts here! I'm just a neutral observer from a Foriegn Power taking notes, alright? Don't mind me!) Like.... What do you hope to GAIN, by helping Peterson's enemies, even if you DO manage to win and take the guy down, huh Vox? A kiss from Kathy Newman? Is THAT what you're looking for? How about a handjob from Yvette Flarka? Have a thing for Mrs. Flarka, Vox? Is THAT what this anti-Peterson crusade of your's is about? How about an endorsement from Black Lives Matter? Maybe a gold star awarded to you from King Richard Spencer to cherish and show your family when you get home from this war? I'm sure THAT fake-ass "Conservative" race-pimp Sociaoist creep would like to see Peterson out of the way as well! Maybe, uhhh..... Hillary Clinton might spend a little more time with you, Vox? Gain you some of that noteriety you seem desperate for? Yeah- I'm sure praise from the Clintons or the Treudeaus for taking out an annoying rival of their's will be JUST THE KIND OF GOOD PR you need, huh boy? Look, what I'm getting at here, Vox Day, is that you can tell a hell of alot from a man by the enemies he makes, can't you? All the characters I mentioned above really would be quite pleased if you took Jordan Peterson down for them, believe me they would! What the fuck do you think you're trying to accomplish here, Vox? Seriously? My own people would like to know.... Who's side are you REALLY on? You and the halfbrained fools who kiss YOUR ass for a pat on the head? Antifa, Vox? Are you some Antifa pig in disguise? I'm wondering about that, you know? I mean, just recently, these last two weeks, you certainly have decided that you are MIGHTY THREATENED by the likes of Jordan Peterson, and that the time has come to mobilize against him. I'm telling you, Vox- if you ever needed a way to commit politocal suicide for you, your website and your publishing company, this is it, right here! I'd laugh at how ridiculous you are being about this, if I didn't suspect some other plot you have cooking is up, and that taking down Peterson is only the tip of the iceberg. It's gotta be something hidden and Machiavellian like that, because, Vox- honestly- I KNOW you're not a fucking moron, dude..... There MUST be an actual reason you want Peterson off the board! 
It's utterly bizarre to me to see how Peterson fans like these still believe that Jordan Peterson isn't on the same team as Hillary Clinton, George Soros, Jacob Zuma, John Podesta and all the other globalists and eminent persons. As I mentioned to the Peterson die-hard Rick Flair, Peterson isn't opposed to globalism, the United Nations, or utopianism. He's trying to FIX globalism by creating a dynamic utopianism that works because he is aware that the static utopianism of the 20th Century variety doesn't.

Labels: ,

109 Comments:

Blogger Steve May 27, 2018 1:08 PM  

I spent six years in the best mixed martial arts school in the state

Cobra Kai?

Blogger Dangeresque May 27, 2018 1:08 PM  

As you've observed, most Jordan Peterson fans has never seen more of his work than a bunch of 5 minute clickbait-titled videos on YouTube. I get recommended about 50 of them a day on there, all put up by no-name single-purpose channels that are probably owned by whoever is promoting these guys as the newly approved leadership of the right. That and all the videos of "Ben Shapiro, like, totally WRECKS leftist with just ONE SENTENCE!"

Blogger Jack Ward May 27, 2018 1:16 PM  

Surely Vox is going to write at least one book about Peterson. A book I will gladly buy and read. You can say that Peterson is definitely a 'target rich' environment!

Blogger VD May 27, 2018 1:18 PM  

Cobra Kai?

Pretty much. We even wore black gis. The difference is that we didn't merely have guys who won big tournaments, we actually swept several of the state tournaments, winning every level from white belt to black.

And the tradition was that everyone got DQ'd from their first tournament. Usually that was the first time we ever saw anyone who dropped their guard.

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook May 27, 2018 1:20 PM  

"Such categorization is what an object “is,” from the perspective of archaic affect and subjective experience."

He even writes like your typical SJW shitlib proff. I'm embarrassed to admit I liked some of his videos.

Blogger Pounders May 27, 2018 1:24 PM  

Vox, if I could recommend a name for the book:

Maps of Madness: Ramblings of the Mad Messiah

Blogger Dave May 27, 2018 1:27 PM  

arrogant creep who thinks he's the burning bush

This has to be more Canadians, right? They crack me up. A burning bush? Even when they're trying to be nasty their niceness only allows them to go so far.

Vox, you hoser with your leather bound books, I hope you're saving these to put into a collection someday.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 27, 2018 1:29 PM  

I knew a girl at Miramar who had a burning bush.

Blogger Dave May 27, 2018 1:31 PM  

The British Infantry could have an interest.

Blogger Nick S May 27, 2018 1:31 PM  

...I shall have to continue to dig deeper and present even more substantial evidence and arguments against Dr. Peterson.


I would thoroughly enjoy that! Nobody gets a free pass just because they occasionally strike a harmonious chord on the periphery.

Blogger VD May 27, 2018 1:31 PM  

I should mention that I HATED point-fighting. I got DQ'd from my first tournament for punching my opponent twice in the face, then took second-place in my second tournament, losing in the championship round in OT to one of my best friends and dojo mates. After that, I stuck to free sparring and ring fights.

I vastly preferred competitions where hitting hard wasn't penalized.

I even got DQ'd from a point-fighting tournament as a coach. This guy started to come in on my brother spinning in his first tournament, which my brother had never seen since we NEVER did that, so I told him to just kick the guy in the back if he did that. The judge said, "Don't tell him to do that." I said, "What, you can't defend as long as the attacker comes in butt first?"

He threw me out. Then the guy spun again, my brother kicked him in the back again, and he got thrown out too.

Blogger Heterodox May 27, 2018 1:33 PM  

"So the argument from this guy is that because he doesn't understand Dr. Peterson, that Peterson must be crazy?"

Quite the straw man. You have given many examples of the things Peterson has said that led you to your conclusion. I'm not sure how anyone thinks it's normal to dream of your cousin -- whom you lust after -- being slaughtered, prepared, and served to you as a cannibal feast every night for months on end. Of course, the charges leveled are damning and difficult to address, so instead we get these ridiculous straw men.

To the cargo cultist who took this line of attack, I suggest a thought experiment: Imagine that I told you about a guy I know who is on meds and dreams the dream described above every single night. What would you conclude? That you should pattern your life off of his advice, or that he might be just a bit off?

Blogger GAHCindy May 27, 2018 1:40 PM  

My goodness. Even if you really were jealous, really were the worst person ever, really didn't understand Peterson, wouldn't the best way to handle your arguments be to...I dunno...handle your actual arguments? I see arguments here. Why not refute them, since it's so easy, PBJ lovers?

I know. These poor guys are emotionally unequipped for that. But I'll bet your office is really, really not clean (except for what you let us see of the bookshelves full of leatherbound My Little Pony coloring books), Vox, and you forgot to take your pills, too!

Blogger Brick Hardslab May 27, 2018 1:50 PM  

Point fighting turns into a pose-off where they shout and pose for the judges. Makes you lazy and ruins your rhythm.

Blogger Nate73 May 27, 2018 1:55 PM  

I think the problem with the UN 2012 document is that it has multiple names on it, therefore one can always fall back to blaming his co-writers for anything objectionable or smelling of NWO propaganda in it. When I brought this up with a friend we found a video where he says borders are good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5yi_UQ21EM

Blogger Dave May 27, 2018 1:56 PM  

Oh my Vox, you're really starting to wind them up. I just went looking on the apology video for the burning bush comment and saw 1 day ago someone posted 14 straight comments on this video that was posted May 21. Where's the burning bush comment? How many days ago? I've got to see the replies and maybe add a few of my own.

Blogger English Tom May 27, 2018 1:58 PM  

Vox, you certainly have a knack for putting people's knickers in a twist judging by those comments from the Jordanites.

Blogger VD May 27, 2018 1:59 PM  

I think the problem with the UN 2012 document is that it has multiple names on it, therefore one can always fall back to blaming his co-writers for anything objectionable or smelling of NWO propaganda in it.

Peterson openly claims that he wrote the narrative.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 1:59 PM  

Meanwhile Z Man Damns Chicken Hawking with faint praise

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 27, 2018 2:02 PM  

As far as Chickenhawking goes, you're all wrong. I've been reliably informed by a guy who calls himself "Logical Libertarian"...I know I know...that just because an able bodied man of prime military age declares a war to be the most important war evaaarrr, doesn't mean he had to fight in it or else he's a coward.

Blogger RobertT May 27, 2018 2:05 PM  

Heterodox >> another in a long list of inexplicable events.

I'm bored with the Peterson stuff. Can we go back to NK Jemisin?

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 2:06 PM  

The last comment seems to indicate that whatever is causing JP's psychosis is contagious. We can only hope it is more genetic than memetic.

Blogger wreckage May 27, 2018 2:11 PM  

That last one was physically and psychologically painful to read. I think I actually got more gamma just from reading it.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 2:14 PM  

@11 - perfect analogy for the cuckservatives.
The referees that say don't fight using proper tactics, or even what your opponents do, but respect the Kata even if you get crushed.

There are no lines in active combat.

(I would only add many cucks support torture - over FBI known effective interview techniques - well after the battlefield - they will only attack and do so without conscience or mercy someone who is defenseless.).

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 2:15 PM  

@23 We need a gamma dosimeter to measure the radiation so we can keep it to safe levels.

Blogger Garuna May 27, 2018 2:16 PM  

Alright..... Just stepping into the war-room you have going against Jordan Peterson here.... How's it going, guys? Just pouring myself some coffee, don't mind me....

These people reek of gamma. But what else do you expect from people who need to be taught as adults to clean their room, stand up straight, and wipe their ass?

From the way they respond to criticism and also how they talk about masculinity, you can tell none of them had a strong father/masculine figure in their lives to teach them how to behave like an adult man. All the talk of jealousy is clearly projection from people of low socio-sexual status.

After these past few weeks and especially after the messiah complex became clear in the past few days, I'm at the point where I feel physically repulsed when I hear the name "Jordan Peterson".

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 2:17 PM  

College has apparently perfected the art of making students more stupid, maybe JP is working at making them more crazy.

Blogger VD May 27, 2018 2:22 PM  

I'm bored with the Peterson stuff. Can we go back to NK Jemisin?

No one cares. Not until she wins her third straight Best Novel Hugo.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 2:25 PM  

Tripping over this in a search:
There is nothing the matter with Americans except their ideals. The real American is all right; it is the ideal American who is all wrong ~ G.K. Chesterton


From Chapter 2 of Orthodoxy

The madman's explanation of a thing is always complete, and often in a purely rational sense satisfactory. Or, to speak more strictly, the insane explanation, if not conclusive, is at least unanswerable; this may be observed specially in the two or three commonest kinds of madness. If a man says (for instance) that men have a conspiracy against him, you cannot dispute it except by saying that all the men deny that they are conspirators; which is exactly what conspirators would do. His explanation covers the facts as much as yours. Or if a man says that he is the rightful King of England, it is no complete answer to say that the existing authorities call him mad; for if he were King of England that might be the wisest thing for the existing authorities to do. Or if a man says that he is Jesus Christ, it is no answer to tell him that the world denies his divinity; for the world denied Christ's.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 2:29 PM  

I should have included the followup paragraph:

Nevertheless he is wrong. But if we attempt to trace his error in exact terms, we shall not find it quite so easy as we had supposed. Perhaps the nearest we can get to expressing it is to say this: that his mind moves in a perfect but narrow circle. A small circle is quite as infinite as a large circle; but, though it is quite as infinite, it is not so large. In the same way the insane explanation is quite as complete as the sane one, but it is not so large. A bullet is quite as round as the world, but it is not the world. There is such a thing as a narrow universality; there is such a thing as a small and cramped eternity; you may see it in many modern religions. Now, speaking quite externally and empirically, we may say that the strongest and most unmistakable markof madness is this combination between a logical  completeness and a spiritual contraction. The lunatic's theory explains a large number of things, but it does not explain them in a large way. I mean that if you or I were dealing with a mind that was growing morbid, we should be chiefly concerned not so much to give it arguments as to give it air, to convince it that there was something cleaner and cooler outside the suffocation of a single argument. Suppose, for instance, it were the first case that I took as typical; suppose it were the case of a man who accused everybody of conspiring against him. If we could express our deepest feelings of protest and appeal against this obsession, I suppose we should say something like this: "Oh, I admit that you have your case and have it by heart, and that many things do fit into other things as you say. I admit that your explanation explains a great deal; but what a great deal it leaves out! Are there no other stories in the world except yours; and are all men busy with your business? Suppose we grant the details; perhaps when the man in the street did not seem to see you it was only his cunning; perhaps when the policeman asked you your name it was only because he knew it already. But how much happier you would be if you only knew that these people cared nothing about you! How much larger your life would be if your self could become smaller in it; if you could really look at other men with common curiosity and pleasure; if you could see them walking as they are in their sunny selfishness and their virile indifference! You would begin to be interested in them, because they were not interested in you. You would break out of this tiny and tawdry theatre in which your own little plot is always being played, and you would find yourself under a freer sky, in a street full of splendid strangers." Or suppose it were the second case of madness, that of a man who claims the crown, your impulse would be to answer, "All right! Perhaps you know that you are the King of England; but why do you care? Make one magnificent effort and you will be a human being and look down on all the kings of the earth." Or it might be the third case, of the madman who called himself Christ. If we said what we felt, we should say, "So you are the Creator and Redeemer of the world: but what a small world it must be! What a little heaven you must inhabit, with angels no bigger than butterflies! How sad it must be to be God; and an inadequate God! Is there really no life fuller and no love more marvellous than yours; and is it really in your small and painful pity that all flesh must put its faith? How much happier you would be, how much more of you there would be, if the hammer of a higher God could smash your small cosmos, scattering the stars like spangles, and leave you in the open, free like other men to look up as well as down!"

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2018 2:29 PM  

Dr. Peterson wrote this:
The central ideas of Christianity are rooted in Gnostic philosophy, which, in accordance with psychological laws, simply had to grow up at a time when the classical religions had become obsolete. It was founded on the perception of symbols thrown up by the unconscious individuation process which always sets in when the collective dominants of human life fall into decay. At such a time there is bound to be a considerable number of individuals who are possesed by archetypes of a numinous nature that force their way to the surface in order to form new dominants.

I would wager that the majority of his defenders can't even understand what he's saying here. Certainly the structure and jargon get in the way.

First, he outright lies about Christianity. No person with any knowledge of history would ever make that claim, nor would anyone who ever actually investigated either religion.

Next he claims that Christianity is a desperate gamble by the symbols latent in the collective unconscious to defend the self against the discrediting of previous dominant symbols.

Lastly, he's saying that Christianity was built by the effort of symbols forcing themselves into the collective consciousness.

After this passage, he claims that Jesus, like all reformers is "possessed" by ideas, adopted as a radical defense against the overwhelming threat of empirical thought.

Which of these is not either a deliberate lie, or a desperate psychological defense mechanism?

Blogger FP May 27, 2018 2:35 PM  

VD, I get Carmack or Lord British but Leather Jacket Huang? Maybe ten years ago but not today post bumpgate or 3.5GB.


Blogger Phelps May 27, 2018 2:37 PM  

"So the argument from this guy is that because he doesn't understand Dr. Peterson, that Peterson must be crazy?"

Rule 3.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 27, 2018 2:40 PM  

"just because an able bodied man of prime military age declares a war to be the most important war evaaarrr, doesn't mean he had to fight in it or else he's a coward."

Did you tell lolburtarian that the word "parasite" was invented for him before biology borrowed it from politics?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2018 2:41 PM  

So the argument from these guys is because he understands neither PBJ nor Vox, and PBJ makes them feel good, that Vox is stupid and jealous?

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 27, 2018 2:49 PM  

Azure,

I just asked him if he was a Shapiro sock puppet account, because out of nowhere he started repeating Shapiro's defense of Deep State Spygate and the FBI / CIA actions. It was so uncanny, like Shapiro himself was talking to me and just stated repeating himself .

Blogger Jay Karknee May 27, 2018 2:50 PM  

In addition to very often agreeing with his views, I also admire how Vox unhesitatingly links to his detractors' comments. Not too long ago Mark Levin was involved in a feud with Tom Woods. Levin would never link to Wood's responses but Woods always linked to Levin. The guy with the stronger arguments isn't afraid to let you see what his opponents have to say.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 27, 2018 2:50 PM  

"Perhaps the nearest we can get to expressing it is to say this: that his mind moves in a perfect but narrow circle."

Solipsism by degree.

"Next he claims that Christianity is a desperate gamble by the symbols latent in the collective unconscious to defend the self against the discrediting of previous dominant symbols."

"Symbolic-inertia Christianity must die so that genetic-inertial globohoyhnhmnhomoism can live!"

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 27, 2018 2:53 PM  

"It was so uncanny, like (((Shapiro))) himself was talking to me and just stated repeating himself."

It would appear that men without chests may beget chests without men.

Yes, you have witnessed the incarnate boob.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 27, 2018 2:54 PM  

Do any of the Dark Web Dorks ever punch left?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 27, 2018 2:55 PM  

Only while using the neckties of the right as silk knuckles.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums May 27, 2018 2:57 PM  

"I'm a Jordan Peterson fan, DEBATE ME" shirts when?

Blogger AbsurdityIsPeace May 27, 2018 2:58 PM  

Vox, you need to work on your troll radar. It's obvious the last guy was just trying to get a response out of you. Nobody actually writes like that if they're being serious.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 27, 2018 3:04 PM  

Azure,

While Shapiro was Chickenhawking, I was sitting in Okinawa at Camp Hansen. I get it if you're old and shit, saying we need to fight, but did you fight yourself when asked? If you didn't fight in the last bullshit war like Vietnam, how can you demand younger generations do the same?

Blogger The Deplorable Podunk Ken Ramsey May 27, 2018 3:04 PM  

Mongrels resort to ad hominem every time. Witness SJWs. It is revolting to behold.

Vox Day came to my attention shortly after he published The Irrational Atheist, and I have been following him with interest ever since. It's been a wild ride! But can say this about Vox, I vouch for him. He is a man of good character. And, he's fair.

Vox now has put together a case against Jordan Peterson that is damning. You Peterson fanboys have to do better in response. You have to address the particulars. Calling Vox Day names is bullshit. He did the work, laid it all out, and the absolute most damning articles of his critique were when Vox quoted Jordan Peterson at length from his own WRITINGS.

All you Jordan Peterson fanboys need to open your eyes. You are not on the path of truth if you are following Jordan Peterson. This has been proved.

Blogger The Deplorable Podunk Ken Ramsey May 27, 2018 3:17 PM  

Furthermore, let me add that if you are following Jordan Peterson, not only are you not following the truth, you are following dreams. Literal dreams. It is amazing how often Peterson cites explication of his literal dreams, when he is sleeping, as powerful forces that reveal truth.

Maybe that's what you always get when you're dealing with a Jungian psychoanalyst, but come on. You may encounter inspiration and insight from your dreams at night, I'll give you that, but for Pete's sake don't cite them with authority without doing a lot of additional legwork. And I mean a lot of additional philosophical legwork. Even theological legwork if you are going to involve God, as Peterson does.

He does none of it seemingly.

What was really, really funny to me was when his old ally and supporter, Mr. Schiff, called him up say, "Jordan, wtf?" And Peterson's reply was basically, "My wife had this dream ….". Okay, so he realizes his own dreamworld bullshit wasn't flying with Schiff. So he fell back to his wife's! Amazing.

Blogger Sam Spade May 27, 2018 3:23 PM  

It's funny how gammas dislike Vox. Do gammas tend to hate sigmas more than alphas?

Blogger Nate May 27, 2018 3:27 PM  

Everyone I have met that has met Vox in person has said Vox was far more friendly, engaging, and kind than they had expected him to be. I've been here for...well its going on decades... plural. And I've dealt with Vox here and else where. He is nothing like this moron describes.

Apart from that... the evidence is plain in his behavior here. For example... how many commenters have been banned... and then after a time.. have come back... their behavior now changed... and been accepted without so much as apology?

I've seen it over and over again. Vox is extremely forgiving. Far more so than folks like Larry Corriea... but Larry is considered a super nice guy.. and Vox is considered the Dark Lord.


Why?


Because MPAI.

Blogger Man of The West May 27, 2018 3:28 PM  

That first Petersonophile’s comment is such obvious projections

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook May 27, 2018 3:32 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Dr. Peterson wrote this:

The central ideas of Christianity are rooted in Gnostic philosophy, which, in accordance with psychological laws, simply had to grow up at a time when the classical religions had become obsolete. It was founded on the perception of symbols thrown up by the unconscious individuation process which always sets in when the collective dominants of human life fall into decay. At such a time there is bound to be a considerable number of individuals who are possesed by archetypes of a numinous nature that force their way to the surface in order to form new dominants.

I would wager that the majority of his defenders can't even understand what he's saying here. Certainly the structure and jargon get in the way.

First, he outright lies about Christianity. No person with any knowledge of history would ever make that claim, nor would anyone who ever actually investigated either religion.

Next he claims that Christianity is a desperate gamble by the symbols latent in the collective unconscious to defend the self against the discrediting of previous dominant symbols.

Lastly, he's saying that Christianity was built by the effort of symbols forcing themselves into the collective consciousness.

After this passage, he claims that Jesus, like all reformers is "possessed" by ideas, adopted as a radical defense against the overwhelming threat of empirical thought.

Which of these is not either a deliberate lie, or a desperate psychological defense mechanism?


So he's saying Religion is a meme then? Where have we heard this before (thinkingemoji)??

Blogger Mark Stoval May 27, 2018 3:32 PM  

@48 Nate

That was a great comment. I agree completely.

maybe the reason I think it was a great comment, eh?)

Blogger Johnny May 27, 2018 3:36 PM  

Don't know about Peterson's political connections and don't care. On an ideology level a lot of what he is pushing is closer to a repeat of what we teach in school than original thinking. He is just promoting it in the public square what has been pushed in the more sheltered environment of a classroom. The social sciences quit trying to be objective on a college level around the 1970's.

Blogger Anno Ruse May 27, 2018 3:38 PM  

VD must be exercising some personnel demons with all this Peterson talk. 2-3 posts a day now. Obsession.

Blogger S'mon May 27, 2018 3:38 PM  

James Delingpole is a cool dude. I saw him recently at the Bow Group at the Palace of Westminster. When he said that David Davis had totally cucked out on Brexit, I was the only one in the room full of Tories who laughed...

Blogger S'mon May 27, 2018 3:46 PM  

IQ leagues - maybe his depression hurts his functioning IQ (I am sure it does mine, though I don't take anti depressants) but listening to Peterson talking to other smart people, he really doesn't seem all that bright. He throws out a great sound and light show in lectures - Vox I do think you should take 30 minutes to sample his performances. But for those who know, they are full of errors. He is great at demolishing dimwit female journos who think they got where they are by being better than the men rather than by affirmative action - I just saw him overwhelm economist editor Anne McAlvoy. But in the end there is very little behind it.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener May 27, 2018 3:47 PM  

Some conjecture here on my part: the Peterson fans don't understand what he's saying and mostly haven't read his writings. They're watching his videos and tuning into body language and tone of voice that convey an air of friendly professorial authority. They're literally mesmerized by him.

Thus the frequent response we hear from the Peterson fans to the effect of, "Did he really say that? Did he really write that?"

Blogger Lovekraft May 27, 2018 3:51 PM  

Peterson's fans likely are just hoping this whole thing blows over so they can go back to video games, talking about marxism, and figuring out how to pay off student loans while making $9.70 at Starcucks.

Vox has demonstrated that he isn't shy in taking on a media darling. Who is on my wishlist for a full dissection: Bill Maher, Stephen Colbert, Talcum X, Farrahkhan, Jay Z, Justin Trudeau, Kamala Harris, Sarsour, Theresa May.

Blogger S'mon May 27, 2018 3:59 PM  

@Noah - yes his performances before a crowd really are masterful. That is what lost souls are reacting to.

Blogger NO GOOGLES May 27, 2018 4:11 PM  

Re: the guy complaining about how criticizing JBP is somehow damaging the "unity" of the alt-right/new right...

You know that JBP has categorically denied being right wing at all, right? He's left wing and says so. He constantly says he doesn't like the alt-right and "knows" that they are wrong, etc. You're worried about shooting at friendlies when the guy people are shooting at is shouting at you that he's not on your team.

Blogger Peaceful Poster May 27, 2018 4:21 PM  

Who is on my wishlist for a full dissection: Bill Maher, Stephen Colbert, Talcum X, Farrahkhan, Jay Z, Justin Trudeau, Kamala Harris, Sarsour, Theresa May.

In his movie, Religulous, Maher cherry picked low IQ Christians to debate, and/or heavily edited the footage.

An honest debate between Maher and VD on Christianity would be fantastic.

Blogger McJibblits May 27, 2018 4:38 PM  

*steps into war room*
*nuzzles your chin, oWo!*

Blogger Ghost Tiger May 27, 2018 4:42 PM  

<< Jordan Peterson is, by his own admission, a physical coward who literally ran from fights in his school days. I spent six years in the best mixed martial arts school in the state, have sparred with several national Tang Soo Do and Karate champions, have won school fights, street fights, and ring fights, and was given the name "Berserker" by a nationally respected sensei. The reason I don't fear being punched in the mouth isn't because I am surrounded by effeminate males, but because I know for a fact that I can take a punch and I can give it back with interest. >>

^ Pure GOLD!

Are you not entertained? Is this not WHY you are here?

Blogger Ghost Tiger May 27, 2018 4:48 PM  

https://imgur.com/CQeXfMu

Blogger Looking Glass May 27, 2018 5:20 PM  

VD wrote:I should mention that I HATED point-fighting. I got DQ'd from my first tournament for punching my opponent twice in the face, then took second-place in my second tournament, losing in the championship round in OT to one of my best friends and dojo mates. After that, I stuck to free sparring and ring fights.

I vastly preferred competitions where hitting hard wasn't penalized.

I even got DQ'd from a point-fighting tournament as a coach. This guy started to come in on my brother spinning in his first tournament, which my brother had never seen since we NEVER did that, so I told him to just kick the guy in the back if he did that. The judge said, "Don't tell him to do that." I said, "What, you can't defend as long as the attacker comes in butt first?"

He threw me out. Then the guy spun again, my brother kicked him in the back again, and he got thrown out too.


As someone that's dealt with overly annoying "officials" like that a few too many times, that's one of Vox's best stories.

FP wrote:VD, I get Carmack or Lord British but Leather Jacket Huang? Maybe ten years ago but not today post bumpgate or 3.5GB.



Jensen is now worth a couple of billion, after they gave the Nvidia stock a massive ride in the last year.

Blogger Unknown May 27, 2018 5:23 PM  

@ Anno Ruse

Obsession maybe. More likely boredom. Perhaps relief in finding another skilled player in the propheteering business. Niche, but target-rich and an opportunuity to sell more tickets. Propheteering needs a goal like a whacka needs a mole.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2018 5:37 PM  

Oh great, a pointless low-IQ Peterson fag has found Tad.

This should be glorious.

Blogger Joseph Maroney May 27, 2018 5:45 PM  

"Next he claims that Christianity is a desperate gamble by the symbols latent in the collective unconscious to defend the self against the discrediting of previous dominant symbols.

Lastly, he's saying that Christianity was built by the effort of symbols forcing themselves into the collective consciousness."


It's more evidence that he's influenced by Rosicrucianism. The symbols they use are ubiquitous in society, and apparently, predominant in his dreams.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2018 5:46 PM  

Vox is extremely forgiving. Far more so than folks like Larry Corriea... but Larry is considered a super nice guy.. and Vox is considered the Dark Lord.
Why?

Because, like any rational person, he doesn't consider emotions relevant, except as a rhetorical motivator.
Making a moron feel bad doesn't bother him.

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2018 6:02 PM  

@29- Speaking of Chesterton, I often think of such phenomena as the nonexistent "intellectual dark web" in terms of the Man Who Was Thursday. Except instead of all the members being undercover cops, they're all double-agents or useful idiots.

Who is Sunday is always the real question.

Blogger Nate73 May 27, 2018 6:07 PM  

I looked at the introduction to the UN document in question. There's not enough here to convince the average peterson fan of anything. The word "border" appears 3 times, the word "immigrant" appears once, and most of it is bureaucrat-speak about "sustainability". And if you search for Peterson he is mentioned exactly once, as an advisor to James Balsillie.

And if you bring any of this up to a peterson fan, they will simply reply that he said in that video he REWROTE the narrative, as in someone else wrote it and he just changed it slightly.

Blogger kh123 May 27, 2018 6:07 PM  

Had an earlier comment aimed at any wandering Jordanites, suggested reading from a few ancient and medieval authors (Thucidydes, Xenophon, Aquinas), and then comparing it to Peterson's 3 points described above.

...But if they're as superficial and scatter brained over parsing historical details and non-binary situations as JP is within his own wheelhouse, what would be the point. Moths to a flame and all that.

As always, the comments from the defenders are probably the best antidote to anyone on that side of the fence with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2018 6:14 PM  

@50- I'm going to assume you mean Dawkins. He went further by calling religion a virus, as I recall. A virus from which Dawkins himself suffers, because whatever he believes, he didn't come up with on his own. Nor was it given to him by Science or secular "humanism." Rather, his beliefs are mostly no doubt derived from Christianity, one of the pillars of our civilization. Civilization within which Dawkins thrives, despite kicking at the pillar.

Peterson at least recognizes the roots of his thoughts in Old-Time Religion and such things. Which puts him one-up on Dawkins. But Dawkins is a kabillion-up on Peterson when you factor in not being crazy and actually making sense when he writes and talks.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 27, 2018 6:15 PM  

I was just listening to my nine year old son, who lets me know he has to tell me something when he has important ideas to discuss.

He told me he needs a suitcase, so he can do important things. He has to pack his suitcase, go to hotels (the newest hotels), meet with people, then come home. This is the limit of what he can comprehend from what I tell him about my job, oil and gas technical sales.

This is cargo cult thinking at its most harmless and adorable. So the Jordanologists are at the level of my nine year old son.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira May 27, 2018 6:16 PM  

This may be a low IQ opinion... but he's just a boring Canadian mangia cake. He is borderline relevant and once confronted, will blow away like *cough* leafs in the wind. Leafs not leaves, because the Toronto Maple Leafs. He ranks lower than Randy's gut in respect to important Canadians.

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2018 6:18 PM  

"Isn't that called Dunning-Kreuger effect?"

No.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 27, 2018 6:19 PM  

I know a lot of Canadians who are sharp as a whip. I know a Canadian physicist who would eat Peterson alive.

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook May 27, 2018 6:26 PM  

@71 Theyre both from the same ideological tree and end at the same conclusions even if Peterson doesnt say as much nor even wish to end up there. Hes trying to move beyond Darwinist/Communist ideology while still using the jargon and the tools that Darwinists/Communists use. Hes deathly afraid of SJWs but at the same time he cant let go of the same beliefs that spawned them in the first place.

Blogger kh123 May 27, 2018 6:47 PM  

...One other thing that hasn't sit right with me since I saw it: Peterson's claimed that he collects Soviet art, since to him it embodies the dynamic of struggle between true artistic expression (the human) and the stranglehold of Soviet bureaucracy (the State). E.g., the huge mural of Lenin giving a speech that he has on his living room wall.

Putting aside the fact that most of the approved art from that era is technically stiff as hell (and he'd probably say that this is the "struggle" he talks about seeing), why would he choose a Vlad the Imperator cartoon to showcase when there's an excellent example from the pre-Soviet era that has more life to it.

All of those aspects he talks about are there, more freely expressed. The artist himself had to buck against his patrons when they asked him to paint a bright eyed girl in the foreground to represent the silver age of Russian cultural glory, and instead went with the characters that he did. The State censored art and literature then as well, and the gendarmes are shown both as dignified and reserved as well as cudgeling peasants; but the artist went out of his way to stick to his guns. This is Dostoyevsky's Russia, which Peterson claims he's keen on.

I think the key thing is: The picture Repin represents is not binary. It's a mess of a situation, clearly and expertly rendered. It's genuinely more human without overtly endorsing or villifying the characters shown.

I think the most important thing though is that it comes uncomfortably close to showing personal belief in the metaphysical that is both national in character and socially binding, without being propagandized through the art. There is no "hidden prophet" aspect to owning and displaying a copy of an evil amulet, all while interpreting for your audience what this piece of Jericho's wall truly means.

Blogger Alphaeus May 27, 2018 6:57 PM  

"envying Milo, Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, or Stefan Molyneux despite the fact that they all have much larger followings than I do."
Larger, perhaps, but you've got the edge when it comes to quality. I'm a prime example. Thank you.

Blogger DBSFF May 27, 2018 7:11 PM  

Its amazing that these retards come over here trying to connect you to Spencer (DISQUALIFY!) or whomever without even bothering to Google "vox day Richard Spencer"

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 27, 2018 7:18 PM  

"but did you fight yourself when asked?"

When asked? When asked when exactly? I graduated from highschool in 2007. I voluntarily joined the Navy in 2011. At the end of first stint I decided I did not wish to continue, and now I'm almost off IRR.

That being said, I don't understand the purpose of your question. I suspect we've miscommunicated somehow... OH, are you talking about me calling libtards parasites? I mean that they can only exist in a society they can neither create nor sustain, much like pacifists don't survive unless someone else is doing the fighting they hold their noses in the air and refuse to do for themselves.

I'm not hawking anything. I'm not demanding that anyone fight. I'm just observing that sooner or later someone's going to have to, for some reason or other. That's life.

"An honest debate between Maher and VD on Christianity would be fantastic."

I disagree. Maher is a moron. Even the Jesus-lookalike actor guy was handing him his a** more often than not.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 27, 2018 7:20 PM  

It would be like watching a Green Beret use a S.A.W. on a newborn kitten.

Not entertaining.

Blogger Jail Cussox May 27, 2018 7:29 PM  

Captain Word Salad's monkey imitators do cute word salad novellas... directors of distraction theatre... masters of wasted effort.

And so I realized too that Maps of Meaning... Jordanetics... is every videogame experience where symbols and profound references had no meaning beyond its namesake.

example - the Xenosaga series.
example2 - Lost.

Maps of Meaning and Jordanetics is that same shitty and empty experience.

Blogger S1AL May 27, 2018 7:34 PM  

For a second I thought that last comment was Nate trolling, then I realized there was too much capitalization and too few ellipses.

Blogger Michael Maier May 27, 2018 7:37 PM  

Peaceful Poster wrote:Who is on my wishlist for a full dissection: Bill Maher, Stephen Colbert, Talcum X, Farrahkhan, Jay Z, Justin Trudeau, Kamala Harris, Sarsour, Theresa May.

In his movie, Religulous, Maher cherry picked low IQ Christians to debate, and/or heavily edited the footage.

An honest debate between Maher and VD on Christianity would be fantastic.


When has Maher EVER debated honestly? Or well? (Serious question.)

Blogger tublecane May 27, 2018 7:42 PM  

@77- On Soviet art, some of it is good. They took your man Repin as a model, and that's much better than, for instance, Cezanne or Picasso.

But the best you can say is it's better than Western modern and postmodern art. Stiff is better than junky, ugly, or vicious.

As for the whole embodiment of struggle against...whatever thing, I don't think Peterson is interested in struggle against the state as such. The struggle against tsardom isn't what attracts him to Dostoyevsky. Rather, it's probably the sick characters and proto-existentialist themes.

On the other hand, Peterson is keen on 20th century real-life dystopia, in the Boomer style. The old Fascinatin' Fascism effect. Except more Soviet than Nazi.

I don't know if he has any futurists, Arno Breker, or Albert Speer in his house. But that's probably just because he's of the Red left instead of the Brown left. The Browns can't be artistic to such people, for uncountable reasons. Soviets can, because...just because.

Most lefties nowadays reject socialist realism. A 30s-era commie certainly wouldn't fit in with Current Year SJWs, much like Peterson. Further intimations of fake opposition.*

*Neocons, also fakies, didn't like socialist realism and championed abstract art as good, old Americanism because they despised Stalin. I don't know where Peterson lands on the left vis-a-vis Stalin.

Blogger Matt May 27, 2018 7:52 PM  

Was Jordan Peterson raised north of the Wall?

Blogger bob kek mando - ( Creepy Joe Biden always asks for consent before changing your baby's diaper ) May 27, 2018 8:19 PM  

31. Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2018 2:29 PM
First, he outright lies about Christianity. No person with any knowledge of history would ever make that claim, nor would anyone who ever actually investigated either religion



it is, however, the exact argument that a Satanist would make.

and i'm not being facetious or Rhetorical about that.

if you listen to Satanists describe themselves, they always claim to be from a "tradition" or "secret knowledge" which long predates Christianity. by thousands of years.

when then asked why they adopted the "Satan" terminology of what they claim is a YOUNGER religion, they will claim that the concept perfectly describes what they worship
...
but that the Christian understanding of that concept is False and in Error.

ie - they continually speak out of both sides of their mouths.

just as you would expect a Liar to do.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 8:53 PM  

They are not merely cargo cultists, but cargo occultists, perhaps into spirit cooking and corporal cannibalism. Roach Motel Hell.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 8:57 PM  

Shapiro is a chickenhawk, but it is not chickenhawking to act prudently. This is a long comment I posted at stream.org off the top of my head, so excuse any imprecisions, typos, or grammatical errors.

Part 1:

My father was combat wounded in WW2, so was half lucky. Decoration Day is just before the anniversary of D-Day where many gave their lives.

For what? So that Europe can be a haven for Muslims who create sharia no-go zones, slit the throats of priests, and rape European women while demanding more and better handouts? And so that the same thing can happen to Mogadishu on the Mississippi, AKA Minneapolis? And not only bring their quaint customs like Female Genital Mutilation, but diseases like highly drug resistant Tuberculosis, measles, and things not seen in the USA for a generation. My father had to work hard. I have to work hard. Refugees get free food, free medical care, free large homes for their 3 wives and 10 children, and a stipend. Citizens get the shaft.

So that people can come here illegally, if a woman, get pregnant, drop anchor baby - using the ER and running up a huge bill citizens will have to pay, they don't have to buy car insurance, or pay taxes, and if caught they are released and told to show up while citizens are jailed if they can't make bail, and their lives can be ruined even if they could - There was not Ferguson MO where illegals were treated like blacks.

For what? So the billionaire banksters can place huge bets, and when they blow up their banks and the economy they can be bailed instead of jailed and pay themselves bonuses? While the good people who are like my late Father who did nothing wrong, didn't take risks, lost their house, their family, their health, their savings, and after big pharma addicted them, their lives to an opioid overdose - or is it suicide from hopelessness?

So that the high tech jewel which was the silicon valley of the 1920's where he grew up - Detroit - would just decay and the crown jewels like Grand Central Station can be left to decay along with many other old landmarks - unlike the Buddahs the Taliban dynamited - these are left neglected and unprotected. Why did Detroit become bankrupt? Because no one would be politically incorrect and simply speak plain truth because any accusation even of blatant cronyism or incompetence was met with a storm of shouts of "RACIST!" - and that was before Twitter, Doxxing, and the alt-right.

Blogger tz May 27, 2018 8:57 PM  

Continued:


So that our longest and apparently never-ending war (which Trump doesn't seem to be winning either) to "nation build" with Afghani bricks, and the Chaos that was Iraq, and many more undeclared wars like Congo and Yemen can just go on, and on, and on, where only Lockheed and whatever Blackwater calls itself today can get rich. WW1 caused a general to write "War is a Racket". It only got worse. Like the leaked memo where treating disease is better for profits than a cure, containing the enemy is better for profits than winning.

So that Gays can get married and force Christians to cater their weddings, that 60 million babies can be slaughtered in the Abortion Holocaust (I can show no outrage over the tiny incident long before I was born in Germany BECAUSE no one seems to care about the wholesale slaughter of innocents for the last generation). So that pornography can be shown on tv, mainstream theaters, and livestreamed, with lots of profanity and vulgarity where they claim copyright so it can't even be edited out (see VidAngel).

Is this what my Father shed his blood for? Is this what so many gave their lives for? If so, they didn't even die for nothing, they died for the global elite enemy, yes they were deceived, but it would have been better and more honest to dispense with the pretense of fighting evil and just acquiesce to our slave masters.

I think if my Father and the rest of the Greatest generation came back, they would have concluded they should have just let the Nazis win as it would not be as evil - if only because the evils would be obvious instead of subtle or censored - as what everyone not only tolerates today, but you are deplatformed, hounded out of your job, SWATted, doxxed or worse if you raise your voice against it - what first amedment?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 27, 2018 8:58 PM  

He has this difference from Satanists:
His law is not "Do as thou willt."
Peterson's law is "Truth is what I need it to be.

Blogger Werekoala1066 May 27, 2018 9:57 PM  

Jeebus Vox, I've heard of taking flak over the target but that last screed you pasted from a JP fanboi was more like an orbital bombardment. Clearly, you've touched an entire central nervous system.

Blogger Lyon May 27, 2018 10:37 PM  

"I'll guarantee you Peterson is the kind of guy you would want to have a few drinks and laughs with, whereas Vox Day wouldn't give you the time of day..."

Ah, no. I wouldn't have a drink with Peterson. So much for your guarantee. Not that I'm a big drinker these days, but I'd gladly share a pint with Vox.

Blogger Student in Blue May 27, 2018 11:02 PM  

@82. Jail Cussox
And so I realized too that Maps of Meaning... Jordanetics... is every videogame experience where symbols and profound references had no meaning beyond its namesake.

example - the Xenosaga series.


Yes. Yes.

I used to think it was nothing but sheer midwittery that resulted in muddy-yet-snobby prose like that, but Jordanetics is leading me to believe mental illness might be a key ingredient as well.

He's certainly not the first nor the last to fall prey to this "let's use ten dollar words incorrectly and incessantly" syndrome. Pretty much every time there's words and concepts being drastically misused in order to stretch a point, you can look and find "psychology".

But I repeat myself. Mental illness and midwittery.

Blogger Thomas Howard May 28, 2018 1:03 AM  

Yes, this is highly entertaining and one of the very best reasons to come here.

Blogger Raben Wulf May 28, 2018 1:11 AM  

Wait a minute? Vox founded Psykosonic? This is news to me. I should still have their first album (cd) floating around in a binder somewhere. I listed to the **** out of "Welcome to My Mind" back in the 90s. This is a pleasant surprise.

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 1:55 AM  

Raben Wulf wrote:Wait a minute? Vox founded Psykosonic? This is news to me. I should still have their first album (cd) floating around in a binder somewhere. I listed to the **** out of "Welcome to My Mind" back in the 90s. This is a pleasant surprise.

I'm still somewhat surprised that Vox never mentions that they had a song on a platinum selling soundtrack.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Mortal_Kombat:_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack
This song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqHcYvPIdY

Though, personally, I'm partial to the one on the followup release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbLnEbf1W38

And, just because I found it, here's an image of the band. Our hairless host is on the right: https://kek.gg/i/3f9xvD.jpeg

Blogger Sim1776 May 28, 2018 2:35 AM  

As a professional, Peterson should know that mixing psychotropics and alcohol is a really bad idea. I read somewhere that he's rather fond of wine. Perhaps that explains some of the weirder stuff.

Blogger Doktor Jeep May 28, 2018 2:53 AM  

So the main symptom of a Jordonist is to spew word salad

Blogger VD May 28, 2018 3:47 AM  

Wait a minute? Vox founded Psykosonic?

Yep. It was my connections in the game industry that got us on the X-Caliber 2097 soundtrack, thanks to Kelly at Activision. I also co-founded Power of Seven with Paul, which did the soundtrack for Bungie's Marathon.

Blogger veryfunnyminion May 28, 2018 11:00 AM  

Well it seems pretty obvious to me from what I hear Peterson's supporters say he helped them with that they were mostly raised by single mothers. Cappy Cap's "The father could not be reached for comment..." line applies to most of their comments I've seen.

They finally found a father-figure and any perceived slight of him activates their emotional incontinence.

Single mothers are cancer with aids, especially to their sons.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants May 28, 2018 11:56 AM  

Comment #7,429,657

"Stop saying mean things about my (pseudo)daddy,Jordan Peterson!"

Blogger Helldoge Desotryer May 28, 2018 1:34 PM  

People that overuse elipses really piss me off.

Blogger OneWingedShark May 28, 2018 3:04 PM  

Mr.MantraMan wrote:Do any of the Dark Web Dorks ever punch left?
Of course not, at least not with any real force; that would run counter to their true purpose.

You see, Ben and Peterson are controlled opposition but with very different purposes. Ben's is simply to look good and sound intelligent, to make it seem that "leftists are getting WRECKED with this ONE SENTENCE!" -- that is, Ben provides the illusion that there's any sort of real action going on "on our side".

Peterson, on the other hand, is designed precisely to PREVENT real action. His spiel of "Clean your room bucko!" and "Join society, because society wants/needs you!" are -- while perhaps inherently good -- designed to keep the young men from banding together to violently overthrow their oppressions/oppressors.

What oppressions? Well, take STEM as an example: there's "a huge shortage!!" but look at the job-postings and they want 3/5/7/10 years experience for "entry level", they want super exact requirements [like OS and SW versions], they sometimes even want more experience than a technology has been extant. / All of this together is pushing citizens out of Tech/STEM, who are replaced by H1B, and this is normalized to make the job-postings even more ridiculous.

IOW, Shapiro and Peterson are both there to keep the masses from revolting until it's too late.

Werekoala1066 wrote:Jeebus Vox, I've heard of taking flak over the target but that last screed you pasted from a JP fanboi was more like an orbital bombardment. Clearly, you've touched an entire central nervous system.
Indeed. It's quite fascinating.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 28, 2018 6:32 PM  


Even if you dissect everything JPB ever did, the PBJs won't get it. They are invested in whatever meaning they projected into his word salad. Even if it has nothing to do with what he actually said.

Blogger Raben Wulf May 29, 2018 12:15 AM  

VD: "Yep. It was my connections in the game industry that got us on the X-Caliber 2097 soundtrack, thanks to Kelly at Activision. I also co-founded Power of Seven with Paul, which did the soundtrack for Bungie's Marathon."

Well damn... just hearing that is giving me a bit of nostalgia. Even then, without that knowledge, many of us still ended up reading your blog. Small world.

Blogger B.J. May 29, 2018 9:39 AM  

Seems like every response to JP critique is either:

"You're jealous"
or
"He's doing good that counts for something."

Surely we can do better than a milquetoast Canadian headcase?

Blogger Nick May 30, 2018 2:22 PM  

But did you sweep the leg?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts