ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, May 21, 2018

The Leopard and the Chickenhawk



A partial transcript of the Darkstream: Ben Shapiro is a Swamp Creature

Something very significant has just happened, something with global ramifications has just happened, and what that is is that the United States has finally lost its perceived moral superiority. It has lost the perceived moral high ground that it possessed for most of the last 50 or 60 years.

We've been arguing for decades that the US system is better than the Chinese system, that it's better than the Soviet Union, that it's better than the other competing systems, in fact, that's where Francis Fukuyama came up with this idea of the End of History. Because what the End of History meant is that the neo-liberal world order had triumphed finally, once and for all. Now, we know that's not true, Fukuyama himself has been backtracking on on that just because he wants to maintain his intellectual credibility,  but what we're seeing is that the United States system is just as corrupt as everywhere else.

You know I was reading a book called Il Gattopardo by an Italian writer and it's a fascinating book because the author was a member of the Italian aristocracy himself, although he was writing about his grandfather who was a member of the Sicilian royal house, and what was fascinating to me, and what was very significant is the way that the unification vote in Sicily completely destroyed the faith of the Sicilian people of this particular town in the system because the guy who was conducting the vote falsified it. It was the very first chance they had to vote, they were voting on the unification of Italy which is called the Risorgimento, and all the different towns and and principalities and so forth were given the  opportunity to vote on unification. In that town, the vote was reported as unanimous even though a number of people voted no, and knew they voted no. And the prince is talking to his gamesman, who admitted that he had voted no, and the prince realizes that through that act of faithlessness, through that act of corruption, through that desire to present a united, unanimous front, the people conducting the vote had rendered the entire process corrupt and false.

And that's exactly what has happened with the revelations that the FBI was using the swamp creature Stefan Halper to interfere with the most recent presidential election, to interfere in the 2016 election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. But the damning thing the thing that is going to do, and is currently doing so much international damage are the revelations that Halper has been engaged in this activity since the Carter Administration.


This is the passage from Il Gattopardo, by Giuseppe di Lampedusa, to which I referred with regards to the false reporting of the vote that took place in Donnafugata, and was reported by Don Calogero Sedara as 512 Yes, 0 No. Don Fabrizio, the Prince of Salina, smells a rat despite having voted yes to unification himself, and asks his ferociously loyal attendant, Don Ciccio, how he voted.
The cool air had dispersed Don Ciccio's somnolence and the massive grandeur of the Prince dispelled his fears; now all that remained afloat on the surface of Don Ciccio's conscience was resentment, useless of course but not ignoble. He stood there, spoke in dialect, and gesticulated, a pathetic puppet who in some absurd way was right.

"I, Excellency, voted 'no.' 'No,' a hundred times 'no.' I know what you told me: necessity, unity, expediency. You may be right; I know nothing of politics. Such things I leave to others. But Ciccio Tumeo is honest, poor though he may be, with his trousers in holes" (and he slapped the carefully mended patches in his shooting breeches), "and I don't forget favors done me! Those swine in the Town Hall just swallowed up my opinion, chewed it, and then spat it out transformed as they wanted. I said black and they made me say white! The one time when I could say what I thought, that bloodsucker Sedara went and annulled it, behaved as if I never existed, as if I never meant a thing! I, Francesco Tumeo La Manna, son of Leonardo, organist of the Mother Church at Donnafugata, a better man than he is! To think I'd even dedicated to him a mazurka I composed at the birth of that . . ." (he bit his thumb to rein himself in), "that mincing daughter of his! "

At this point calm descended on Don Fabrizio, who had finally solved the enigma; now he knew who had been killed at Donnafugata, at a hundred other places, in the course of that night of dirty wind: a new-born babe: good faith; just the very child who should have been cared for most, whose strengthening would have justified all the silly vandalisms. Don Ciccio's negative vote, fifty similar votes at Donnafugata, a hundred thousand "nos" in the whole Kingdom, would have had no effect on the result, would in fact have made it, if anything, more significant; and this maiming of souls would have been avoided.

Six months before they used to hear a rough despotic voice saying, "Do what I say or you'll catch it!" Now there was an impression already of such a threat being replaced by the soapy tones of a moneylender: "But you signed it yourself, didn't you? Can't you see? It's quite clear. You must do as we say, for here are the I.O.U.s; your will is identical with mine."

Don Fabrizio had always liked Don Ciccio, partly because of the compassion inspired in him by all who from youth had thought of themselves as dedicated to the arts, and in old age, realizing they had no talent, still carried on the same activity at lower levels, pocketing withered dreams; and he was also touched by the dignity of his poverty. But now he also felt a kind of admiration for him, and deep down at the very bottom of his proud conscience a voice was asking if Don Ciccio had not perhaps behaved more nobly than the Prince of Salina. And the Sedaras, all the various Sedaras, from the petty one who violated figures at Donnafugata to the major ones at Palermo and Turin, had they not committed a crime by choking such consciences?

Don Fabrizio could not know it then, but a great deal of the slackness and acquiescence for which the people of the South were to be criticized during the next decades was due to the stupid annulment of the first expression of liberty ever offered them.

Labels: , ,

34 Comments:

Blogger bob kek mando - ( Creepy Joe Biden always asks for consent before changing your baby's diaper ) May 21, 2018 5:08 AM  

who will work to build a system
...
which they know is being used to subvert and harm them?

Blogger wreckage May 21, 2018 5:53 AM  

The people at the top have decided that every precept of the American system is inconvenient. They are remaking it in their preferred image.

Blogger jla May 21, 2018 6:42 AM  

Ben hasn't tweeted since Friday.

Anonymous Anonymous May 21, 2018 6:46 AM  

Letting the people vote is all fine and well until they don't vote the way they are supposed to vote. So said the ruling class.

If you must have a nation-state then it must be as small as possible or else it will become a tyranny. For the well being of the people, it must also be of one (1) people. One people who share language, religion, culture, ethnicity, and a history.

As far as I can tell it has always been that way. God did not have to create different peoples; he chose to do that for his own purposes. (that we do not know exactly)

Blogger Dane May 21, 2018 7:26 AM  

I half remember a bit of American mythology. During WW2 when America was recruiting German scientists one scientist during the entire citizenry rigmarole pointed out a flaw in the Constitution which could be exploited to in fact turn America into a dictatorship.

What he told them was never revealed, and to this day is classified, but whatever it was was serious enough to warrant a discussion with the FBI.

I don't know if its true. I cant recall the name of the scientist but I wonder if he didn't outline the plan the Deep State has used for the last 50- 60 years to subvert America. The Bifactional Uniparty, the rise of credentialism and reinterpretation of the laws and Constitution by the Judiciary etc

Blogger Bastion Harm May 21, 2018 7:46 AM  

@Dane: I believe you are referring to Kurt Gödel, and he was probably referring to Article V (amendment process: i.e. using the Constitution to amend the Constitution) which likely triggered Kurt because of its self-referential nature and the paradoxes that ensue from such things.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 21, 2018 7:47 AM  

In a bit of irony I heard that the Swamp is bringing Christianity out of the closet to march on the White House to reclaim Jesus from Trump.

Blogger Avalanche May 21, 2018 7:53 AM  

@3 "Ben hasn't tweeted since Friday."

He claims to be Orthodox: maybe he forgot to leave his phone/computer on and his voice-transcoder turned on... so he could talk AND 'not use tools' on the sabbath?

Blogger mark auld May 21, 2018 7:54 AM  

We did in fact elect DJT,so we're not yet defeated...the battle for America is on going in real time.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd May 21, 2018 8:23 AM  

Dane wrote:I half remember a bit of American mythology. During WW2 when America was recruiting German scientists one scientist during the entire citizenry rigmarole pointed out a flaw in the Constitution which could be exploited to in fact turn America into a dictatorship.

Just read the Anti Federalist Papers. That is full of pointers to the many flaws.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd May 21, 2018 8:25 AM  

Mr.MantraMan wrote:In a bit of irony I heard that the Swamp is bringing Christianity out of the closet to march on the White House to reclaim Jesus from Trump.

Churchianity. And was that Bishop really in the closet? I though all the CoE Bishops had come out long since.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira May 21, 2018 8:28 AM  

What Americans know about Sicily (or Italy in general):
- The mafia controls literally every aspect of life
- Nonnas
- Pizza

Imagine being that deprived of knowledge.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 21, 2018 8:46 AM  

It's too bad Shapiro isn't mixed up in this FBI/DOJ garbage

Blogger VFM #7634 May 21, 2018 8:53 AM  

"If he was genuinely a conservative Republican, wouldn't he be celebrating the vast majority of what the God-Emperor has achieved? Why isn't he doing that? Why is he continuing to attack Donald Trump?"

Then there's Ron Paul...

Blogger SDaly May 21, 2018 8:54 AM  

There is no perfect blueprint for government. There are "flaws" in any system that can be exploited. The only guarantor of liberty is the virtue of the people - which is why we are fucked.

Blogger Al Du Clur May 21, 2018 9:31 AM  

The American people simply do not have a bull shit detector. How else can one explain the success of Shapiro?

Blogger Mr. Deficient May 21, 2018 9:58 AM  

One reason the IDW is full of it is because they have Rubin and Shapiro, both of whom aren't even pretending to be genuine intellectuals.

Blogger Brick Hardslab May 21, 2018 10:15 AM  

There's always someone who will work for the system. Collaborators, traitors, Quislings, trustees, whatever they are called they are the same creature. Human weakness craves the power they feel is their due regardless of how their fellow man is treated.

I'm sure the NR crew and little Benji are convinced they are patriots and what they are doing is for the good of the whole world. Omelettes and eggs and all that. That makes them more dangerous not less.

Blogger pyrrhus May 21, 2018 10:23 AM  

A beautiful example of the power of literature to illuminate the world. Once again, we are looking at the attempted murder of democracy....

Anonymous Anonymous May 21, 2018 10:26 AM  

"But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Blogger Robert Divinity May 21, 2018 10:39 AM  

@19:

What Pyrrhus wrote: this is beautiful and a fine analogy.

Regardless of what happens, Americans now realize they live in a post-democratic state. It's likely been that way since the Cold War started, but we are certain now the United States has been a Zombie Republic since 1980. Godawful what has been done to this country via the borders, via immigration, and via the implementation of a police state. Is there any wonder why the rest of the world laughs whenever the United States hectors others about liberty?

Blogger Allen Skeens May 21, 2018 10:40 AM  

We didn't need foreign help to wreck the constitution.

Blogger Allen Skeens May 21, 2018 10:43 AM  

We're russia with a nicer smile.

Blogger Allen Skeens May 21, 2018 10:47 AM  

Like everything in our civilization, our christianity is now fake.

Blogger Beau May 21, 2018 10:50 AM  

Heavenly Father,

Continue to reveal the truth about America so we may repent. I ask this in Jesus' name.

Blogger Jule May 21, 2018 12:45 PM  

God intervenes in the affairs of men. For those with eyes to see and ears to hear the 2016 election is evidence. God is using Trump to shine the light on the cockroaches. God is warning us he is ready to clean house. Repent and be on the Lord's side when he cleans house.

Blogger TM Lutas May 21, 2018 1:50 PM  

I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong regarding the loss of moral high ground Vox because you have mistaken the relevant players. The US system *by design* includes a lot of different players from a lot of different power factions specifically to make it difficult if not impossible to successfully corrupt the election process.

Now it *is* true, that President Obama floated a trial balloon to remove certain safeguards and to have the feds actually run their own elections. That went over really poorly and was quickly withdrawn in a sea of self-interested fears of loss of patronage power throughout the 50 states. This too is by design.

The US system is not better because we're better people. The US system is better because we have engaged the corrupt to fight the corrupt on so many levels that getting all the mewling awfuls in the corrupt political class can't get their act together to actually destroy the republic.

It is *that* mess of self interested, corrupt, idiocracy that has the moral high ground over the Chinese and Russian systems and all the rest. The US retains that high ground.

Blogger Othello May 21, 2018 1:54 PM  

Vox,

Is the fall of this government the Judicial Branch's failure to apply the law? And the other two branches failing to put judicial overreach in check?

Legislators are mostly lawyers. Obama - lawyer. Clinton - lawyer. Lawyers code of ethic is not the American ethic. Lawyers at the border giving immigration law seminars aren't doing that for America.

In the history of governments, how is the fall of the American government the same or unique from the fall of any other?

Is the first thing the Alt-Right ought to do is kill all the lawyers like Shakespeare wrote?

Blogger FP May 21, 2018 5:54 PM  

"The US system is not better because we're better people. The US system is better because we have engaged the corrupt to fight the corrupt on so many levels that getting all the mewling awfuls in the corrupt political class can't get their act together to actually destroy the republic."

And yet here we are. The fed system is corrupt in many ways and several states are even worse. Oregon for example elects many of their judges at the local and state level. Thing is, most state supreme court and appeals court judges are appointed by the governor and then go on to run unnopposed as incumbents. It is rare to have two judge candidates competing for a supreme court seat. The retiring judge quits with one year left on his term, the governor (a dem in Oregon's case for 30+ years now) then appoints a new judge to fill out the rest of the term and then runs as an incumbent. Some judges have been so lazy or cheap that they don't even bother to file a candidate info statement for the voter's guide.

How does one have faith in the court system when it is so rigged to favor one party, even in a state that has a Dem majority and thus voters will likely support judges that lean left?

Blogger ted beale May 21, 2018 7:06 PM  

" intellectual credibility "

ya beale, sort of like hooking your line to mikeCF and faglo? are you going to pretend you never invited those frauds in and promoted them? look, jordan peterson is a fawking clinical zombie (anti-depressants are depressing), and he ain't mensa that is for sure- but even he isn't dumb enough or dishonest enough to attach himself to mikeCF or faglo. all of you get the bullet. churchians and jews alike. you know this to be true. what are you waiting around in limbo for, little guy? RCIA in italy would be rad. hot chicks beale. get after it. fag.

jla wrote:Ben hasn't tweeted since Friday.
he's probably at temple with luke ford. seriously. luke probably tried to fuck ben's mom at orthodox yiddler temple at one point in west la, i swear to GOD. on a side note, i find it fascinating that i made a post about that mentally ill anglo jew convertard right here some months ago, and immediately within days he was being booked on (((trs))) and given a platform. i know what controlled op looks like, but i've never seen it try and promote a sex addicted australian adventist ortho yiddler that quickly. it's why i beleive you to be a fraud, a grifter, or a mental midget, beale. i told you i've been datamined and ripped off, but jesus fuck, you people make supporting right wing movements futile. you make it gay. all of you. all of you are jews or begging for jewish money. none of you are real. you know it beale. you all could just ask for my number, but you know damn well i can't be bought. i wish i could tell you how much money i've made the last 2 years. truth.

Daniel Paul Grech Pereira wrote:What Americans know about Sicily (or Italy in general):

- The mafia controls literally every aspect of life

- Nonnas

- Pizza

Imagine being that deprived of knowledge.


americans are fucking stupid. it's why beale moved to italy. ask him. also: stay the fuck outta the south, fajs. rome is mine and if anyone else wants to stick a hot sword through a south american jesuit, then ride with me. going forward it will be no jews, no mormons, and no churchians. yall can go to hell. make your peace now bros. i am the one and it's gonna be sweet.

Blogger TM Lutas May 21, 2018 7:07 PM  

@29 FP, if you want competitive elections, you have to do the work. Recruit candidates and actually force the political candidates (not just judges but certainly including them) to campaign. Some of them will fail.

Blogger SirHamster May 21, 2018 7:29 PM  

TM Lutas wrote:It is *that* mess of self interested, corrupt, idiocracy that has the moral high ground over the Chinese and Russian systems and all the rest. The US retains that high ground.

This is reminding me of the touted self-correction of Science.

As less worse as it may be, it may be bad enough and not good enough to require razing.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 22, 2018 1:15 AM  

TM Lutas is a good reason to not smoke crack

Anonymous Anonymous May 22, 2018 6:22 PM  

> Letting the people vote is all fine and well until they don't vote the way they are supposed to vote. So said the ruling class.

Which is why the USA having elections in Islamic areas is a sham.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts