ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, August 05, 2018

How to not get banned here

Dire Badger kindly provides newcomers with a useful basic guide to commenting at Vox Popoli without getting publicly mocked and banned:
  1. It's not about Vox Day. If you make it about him, you get banned.
  2. You cannot talk crap about VD unless it's actually true. And relevant to the conversation at hand. And it 'seems' like VD revels in being called stuff like 'arrogant' and 'uncompromising'.
  3. When he tells you the topic is over, shut up about it. Don't try to get the last word, because the last word has already been spoken... and usually, when he says shut up about it, the rest of the board stops following the conversation... so getting the last word is pointless anyway, since mostly no one is going to read it.
  4. It's not about you. Personal anecdotes to illustrate a point is one thing, as long as it is a a valid illustration... but "not all _ are like that" with a personal anecdote that shows a statistical outlier just makes you look like a stupid troll with nothing of value to add... and people with no value are likely to get banned since it really won't hurt anything.
  5. Figure out your sociosexual hierarchy position, your personality profile, or any other shit like that yourself. No one wants to answer your 'what am I?' question. This is not a facebook personality quiz stream.
  6. Figure out what people here are like. You can disagree, but if you voice a disagreement that has been covered a million times, you are going to get hazed. Don't post a million times countering a million arguments, and especially don't respond to every single insult because you said something most people here think is stupid. That's spamming. (see the last word comment)
  7. Cussing should be sparing. This is not HALO. Talking trash just for the sake of talking trash will get you banned as fast as making it all about VD.
  8. When someone asks you a direct question without qualifiers, answer it. Even if the answer is "I don't know", or "I googled it but my search Fu was weak, I will find it later." if they ask you a question that starts with 'considering that...' or adds a weird goalpost-shifting frame like "Answer in a Haiku" or "Without using examples or Allegories..." feel free to answer or tell them to kiss your butt.
  9. Statements of known fact are okay. Patronizing statements sharing your secret king wisdom "Because you all need to know this" will get you mocked and banned, especially if you never bothered to notice that there was an article about that very thing less than two days earlier. I suggest lurking for at least a month before making your first post, so you can figure out what kinds of people are here, and maybe even learn a thing or two before you open your mouth.
  10. DO NOT GET DEFENSIVE! When you are wrong, admit it. Being able to learn from your mistakes is vastly more important (and more respect-worthy) than 'winning' an argument in the thread... mostly when you 'win' it's because people have just gotten bored with arguing with you. That doesn't mean apologize. Men only apologize when their actions have inadvertently harmed others. If you go off on a tirade and insult someone and find out later that you were wrong, an apology is cool, but don't apologize for being wrong. Just admit it, fix it if you can, and move on.
I would add that this blog has been here for 15 years. Readers, moderators, and blogger alike, we know what we're doing. VP was here before you. VP will be here after you. And the better you understand that VP simply does not need you or your comments, the more likely it is that your comments will be valued by the other readers.

Labels:

64 Comments:

Blogger Mark Stoval August 05, 2018 5:39 AM  

Dire Badger, that was a great list. Thanks for taking time to do that.

Maybe there should be a multiple choice test based on that list.




Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 6:01 AM  

@Mark Stoval-

Oh lord... There was a test from Dragon Magazine about 'what kind of adventurer are you?' where one of the answers to "What's the best way to kill a Dragon?" was something like "While it's flying, hanging onto the foul Dragon's danglies with one hand whilst hacking away at it's belly with the other."

A test like that for "What kind of Gamma are you?" could be utterly hilarious.

question 12: What is your favorite movie?
1. The Craft, since it treats real life magic and paganism with the sensitivity it deserves.
2. Revenge of the Nerds. Because Nerds wind up owning tech startups and Jocks are doomed to sell used furniture or tires.
3. Everything Anime is better than anything American.
4. Rampage. Not because it is a good movie... it sucks, but it is a laugh riot from beginning to end.
5. Das Boot. But only in the Original German. And you have to point out every single plot hole, logical error, and timing/photography flaw to anyone that watches it with you or sits in the same theater. Even though you don't actually speak German.

Blogger Brett baker August 05, 2018 6:08 AM  

Would an alternative answer be the porn parodies of the above? That would be a good #6

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 6:15 AM  

Brett baker wrote:Would an alternative answer be the porn parodies of the above? That would be a good #6

That question is, itself, a good answer #6.

Blogger Miguel August 05, 2018 6:28 AM  

Fantastic.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 6:28 AM  

question #26- who's picture do you keep on your desk next to your computer?
1. Carol Anne Duffy. She broke through the patriarchial control of the arts in a spectacular way.
2. Albert Einstein. one of my very few peers.
3. Psylocke. from X-men swimsuit issue #2
4. My ex-girlfriend in a Bikini from our Oahu vacation.
5. Nikolai Tesla. The guy that was totally gypped by Thomas Edison and created inventions we still cannot understand or reproduce because he was just that smart.

Blogger VD August 05, 2018 6:31 AM  

1. The Craft, since it treats real life magic and paganism with the sensitivity it deserves.

Real reason: Katie Holmes takes her shirt off.

2. Revenge of the Nerds. Because Nerds wind up owning tech startups and Jocks are doomed to sell used furniture or tires.

Real reason: The biggest nerd gets the sorority girl.

Blogger VD August 05, 2018 6:32 AM  

question #26- who's picture do you keep on your desk next to your computer?

7. You can't fool me with a trick question. I keep my pictures on my smartphone. See!

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 6:49 AM  

question #14- What is your Dream Job?
1. University teacher, so I can share knowledge and insight with the next generation.
2. Politician. My abilities are sure to eventually net me the job of president, just as soon as I move out of my Mom's basement. Or maybe I'd be like Steve Jobs.
3. Con Organizer. I'd get to meet and shake hands with all of the great scifi actors and I can leave all that pesky financial and legal stuff for my staff.
4. I am kind of content with my job already, but if things change I'd like to be ready to move into a new role.
5. The whole concept of working for 8 hours a day at a job you hate, spending hours in transit each way, giving away half your income in taxes, only to pay the bills and have nothing left at the end of each month, is a tool for oppressive slavery of the masses.

Blogger Silent Draco August 05, 2018 6:50 AM  

Ah, the What Type of Gamma answer set unlocks the delivery chute into the VFM lair. There might be one set of answers which doesn't open the chute under your feet. Better still, just walk away from the test; but we know the Gamma MUST push all the wrong buttons.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 6:54 AM  

VD wrote:question #26- who's picture do you keep on your desk next to your computer?

7. You can't fool me with a trick question. I keep my pictures on my smartphone. See!


Yep, it might have to be more than 5 answers. not all Gammas are like that.

#6 HAS to be 'My cat'.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 7:07 AM  

answer key:
Add up each answer category, and whichever answer received the MAJORITY of your answers, That is the kind of Gamma you are.
1. You found a way for even a Secret King to get laid. Yes, all your 'girlfriends' are purple haired bisexual trannies that identify as neuter Aliens, but at least you think you will get murdered LAST when Islam owns America. Congratulations.
2. You are a master of the internet because you will be lucky if you can hold down a job at Burger King. You are truly a secret King.
3. At least you will always have the company of your pristine, mint-condition action figures to keep you company. You aren't Japanese, but have you considered identifying as a Grass-Eater?
4. I bet you got a real kick taking this test, Jackass. Deltas aren't gammas.
5. take the total score you received from each question, multiply that by your birthday in 6 digit code, and break the result into 3 number groups. apply each number to rotational ascii and then break it down into Binary numbers and compare your binary result to the chart on the following website, http://www.autism-society.org/living-with-autism/.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 7:18 AM  

@Brett baker-

Excuse me, that was a bit snarky. 52 hours on a coke zero binge trying to meet game art deadlines set by a sadistic coder (look, 3d assets are quick and easy! see? I just made a stick figure in 3dstudio max!) can have that effect.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira August 05, 2018 7:19 AM  

@6

It's a picture of the Virgin Mary. God have mercy on these Gammas.

Blogger James Chinery August 05, 2018 7:28 AM  

Real reason: The biggest nerd gets the sorority girl.

Only after committing rape by deception first. Every nerds dream.

Blogger Mignon510 August 05, 2018 7:59 AM  

Katie Holmes showed the goods in The Gift (movie with Cate Blanchett), not The Craft.

Blogger dienw August 05, 2018 8:05 AM  

3. Psylocke. from X-men swimsuit issue #2

Didn't he become a loan shark who demanded as collateral a pound of your soul?

Blogger Loyd Jenkins August 05, 2018 8:08 AM  

Gammas read rules?

Blogger VD August 05, 2018 8:08 AM  

Katie Holmes showed the goods in The Gift (movie with Cate Blanchett), not The Craft.

I stand corrected. I've never seen either.

Blogger Zander Stander August 05, 2018 8:57 AM  

Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!

Blogger Nate August 05, 2018 9:03 AM  

amen and amen.


By the by... Ilkmoot was this weekend... hosted by the esteemed Beau. I'm dealing with some trivial physical issues so I couldn't attend myself... but by all reports it was an awesome time.


So thanks and kudos to Beau for being... well... Beau.

Blogger Roger Hill August 05, 2018 9:07 AM  

It took me about 2 visits to realize I was better off reading VD's posts and merely skimming through the comments, than trying to enlighten any of the regulars here. The flow of wisdom has been exclusively in the other direction.

Blogger Dexter August 05, 2018 9:14 AM  

So you seem to be saying... wait, never mind.

Blogger Dave August 05, 2018 9:19 AM  

VD wrote:Katie Holmes showed the goods in The Gift (movie with Cate Blanchett), not The Craft.

I stand corrected. I've never seen either.


Mr. Skin is not amused.

Blogger Harambe August 05, 2018 9:21 AM  

Roger Hill wrote:It took me about 2 visits to realize I was better off reading VD's posts and merely skimming through the comments, than trying to enlighten any of the regulars here. The flow of wisdom has been exclusively in the other direction.

Some of us have been here for literally over a decade. You don't get that far just by *pretending* to be awesome.

Blogger James Dixon August 05, 2018 9:31 AM  

> > Katie Holmes showed the goods in The Gift (movie with Cate Blanchett), not The Craft.

> I stand corrected. I've never seen either.

Now you see folks, that's how you correct Vox.

> By the by... Ilkmoot was this weekend

Next year, maybe. We'll see.

Blogger Dave August 05, 2018 9:53 AM  

Dire Badger wrote:@Brett baker-

Excuse me, that was a bit snarky. 52 hours on a coke zero binge trying to meet game art deadlines set by a sadistic coder (look, 3d assets are quick and easy! see? I just made a stick figure in 3dstudio max!) can have that effect.


I had to read that twice to confirm the "zero" part...I stand with Mark Stoval "that was a great list"

If I might suggest consider adding an item:

X. Words and phrases that will result in ridicule, skepticism, and scorn:

>Seems
>Concerning
>Troublesome
>Problematic
>Genuinely
>Me atheist

Blogger Arthur Tintagel August 05, 2018 10:02 AM  

rule No. 11

don't be a Pagan larper

Blogger Brian Dean August 05, 2018 10:15 AM  

Does this mean that if I were to bring up Doodieman, that you guys would accuse me of talking shit?

Blogger Avalanche August 05, 2018 10:18 AM  

(Can I just say, in a small voice from over here in the corner: God, I LOVE you guys!!)

Blogger Doug Walker August 05, 2018 11:12 AM  

I read and lurk more than comment. But this entire thread, along with the original post, is very cool.

Blogger Forge the Sky August 05, 2018 11:38 AM  

#12 Hah, nice! 4 on each list had me thinking something was a bit off-pitch but I didn't get it till I saw the 'key.' Nice delivery.

Blogger Welsh Woodsman August 05, 2018 11:45 AM  

" The whole concept of working for 8 hours a day at a job you hate, spending hours in transit each way, giving away half your income in taxes, only to pay the bills and have nothing left at the end of each month, is a tool for oppressive slavery of the masses."

Yet ...they will never take the initiative to break free - like starting their own business.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 12:17 PM  

Dave wrote:If I might suggest consider adding an item:

That's the magic of comments, you just did! Cool, huh?

Blogger Uncle John's Band August 05, 2018 12:19 PM  

Intention is so important with "seems" and other equivocal terms. It is one thing when commenting on something unclear; in that case, seems comes with an implicit admission of uncertainty, and the honest commentator will refine their position with more information. Gammas use it as a rhetorical tactic to dishonestly misrepresent arguments with plausible deniability for their lies. You can see how they quickly start using the “seems” as accepted fact without any further argumentative support. There is a moral failure there as well as an intellectual one.

It seems academia has almost as many gammas as journalism.

@33. Welsh Woodsman
“Yet ...they will never take the initiative to break free - like starting their own business.”

They can’t, for various causes. Nor can they face the possibility of a failed attempt. Objectively, they are losers. The kingship is secret for a reason.

Blogger Harris August 05, 2018 12:20 PM  

I don't know about all those rules. My simple rule for staying as a commenter to to reflect on the fact that this blog belongs to Vox Day, and I am his guest. If he rebukes me for overstepping a line, I treat him like I would the owner of any home in which I am a guest. I submit to his rebuke.

Vox Day engages in all sorts of thing in which I have no direct interest - similar to how at a dinner party, there may be many conversations that don't tempt me to enter. So, I simply find a conversation that interests me, and offer my opinions there. I have never felt that Vox Day insists that I agree with him on every point, or that I have the same level of interest he has in the subjects on which he offers posts.

I guess what I'm saying that it seems to me that simply displaying good manners is enough for Vox Day to allow you to stay in his blog community. I suppose that those who have a problem with that simply have never been taught good manners, or refuse to employ them. If you don't have an interest in a subject, stay out of the thread. And if you disagree, do so politely. It's not a personal failure if we don't all agree. It's simply a disagreement. And the truth is that in some cases (the viability of the Trump Presidential campaign comes to mind), I've been proven wrong.

Blogger Hammerli280 August 05, 2018 12:22 PM  

Really Short Version: Do not post anything you would not say to someone's face in Vox's living room.

Blogger Gritón del Desierto August 05, 2018 12:31 PM  

I think they do,but they laugh at them and say "I'm a freethinker,I don't need rules, Everyone here is a a mere mortal and a retard that will be impressed with all the things that I've to say"

Blogger Harris August 05, 2018 12:34 PM  

I would add to my comment above that the reason I visit isn't to find agreement. It's to find disagreement. Reading some of the blog posts bores me. But other blog posts provoke me to consider argument I may not have considered. This happens to be one of the few places I visit where someone is actually smarter than me, and I enjoy being challenged by that. It's boring to always be the smartest guy in the conversation. The fact of Vox Day proving me wrong from time to time is the exact thing that keeps my interest.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 1:02 PM  

VD, I have to ask.... did you repost this as sort of a Field Guide for spotting Secret Kings? It looks like half the posts can have one or other of the points applied to them.

MUAHAHA! WE ARE LEGION!

Oh, wait, that's a bad thing. We are secret Kings. we aren't like anyone else. Oops. Musn't lose my Gamma Cred.

Blogger James Dixon August 05, 2018 1:27 PM  

> Yet ...they will never take the initiative to break free - like starting their own business.

But that would be, like, work. :)

Seriously, most people simply don't have the skill set required. I know I don't, which is why I'm a mere worker bee in the IT department.

> if you don't know anything about the subject at hand, then do not comment about it.

Oh you're allowed to post all the questions you want. This blog is great for learning.

Blogger Zander Stander August 05, 2018 1:28 PM  

Participate within the two standard deviation tolerance. That is all I have to say about that.

Blogger CM August 05, 2018 1:44 PM  

It's not about you. Personal anecdotes to illustrate a point is one thing, as long as it is a a valid illustration... but "not all _ are like that" with a personal anecdote that shows a statistical outlier just makes you look like a stupid troll with nothing of value to add... and people with no value are likely to get banned since it really won't hurt anything.

This one was the hardest for me to learn.

Still working out the personal/anecdote thing, but really, women do communicate through personal anecdote. If it seems over the top, I'll just not comment (most of the time...)

Some of the others have gotten me, too. VD is patient and doesn't ban on first offense.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 1:46 PM  

James Dixon wrote:Seriously, most people simply don't have the skill set required. I know I don't, which is why I'm a mere worker bee in the IT department.

WELL AKSHUALLY....

If you are working for yourself or only have one or two close associates assisting you, you can do quite well for yourself. Make your rent, and never have to mess with a Boss, other than yourself or your customers, or an HR department ever again.

Find a hobby you like. Figure out how to monetize it by yourself. Set a schedule and stick to it. Pay your taxes or research what other requirements are required to avoid running afoul of the law. Clean your room (hehe).

That Hobby could be writing books, making jewelry and selling it on etse, running a stream, writing apps, or robbing banks. As long as there is a route to a decent income and a way to avoid going to jail, all that education about management can be avoided with some time and Google-fu. At least if you are not planning on starting a big business with scads of employees, huge overhead, and multiple complicated certifications and guidelines to meet.

Yes, it's a lot of hard work. If you are not having fun doing that hard work, you are in the wrong job.

That old statistic about 90% of all businesses failing kind of ignores the self-employed. There are MILLIONS of Handymen, crafters, and other self-employed types, especially once the internet exploded, that never really had the CHANCE to fail... because if ends don't meet, they just keep plugging away and earning income into the wee hours until ends DO meet.

Besides, what greater credit to your personal achievements is there than people willing to good money for it? It's exhilarating.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 05, 2018 1:59 PM  

@45 Dire Badger

If you would like to share some tips to young kids to think about as they head off to high school; and not just believe that only "college grads" are successes, I would love to share some of your thoughts with some middle school kids.

You can e-mail anything to me at mark.stoval AT gmail

Being a hillbilly, I love anecdotes (parables?) as teaching tools. So, any portion of your own story (redacted as needed) would be great also.

Thanks in advance if you find the time. Totally understand if you don't.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 2:27 PM  

@Mark Stoval-

While ejaculating my secret king wisdom on the young is very flattering, my 'road' to paying for a house without a mortgage or a boss absolutely SUCKED and took decades I wouldn't have wasted if I weren't an idiot.

I can, however, share some really fun statistics I learned recently.

The Median income for a Plumber is 51k a year in the united states. becoming a certified Apprentice costs between 3k and 23k, and takes about 6 months.

By contrast, the median income for an attorney in the United States is 46,000 dollars, requires 4 years (minimum) of education (lost income) and for a grand total, on average, of a quarter of a million dollars, plus the costs of getting certified, barred, and specialty training, which is about another 75-100 thousand dollars.

Podiatrists have a vital, critically important job, and yet they do not have to be on-call, get to set regular hours and take vacations and spend time with their families. They get paid just as well as a heart surgeon.

If you work for 4 years on an Oil rig and don't blow everything you make, you can generally afford (with a Pell Grant) to send yourself through medical school. if you work for 5 years on an Oil rig you are very likely to gain a nickname like "Lefty", "Captain Hook", or "cyclops".

A decent 1 year blog or portfolio with no schooling whatsoever will net you a better, higher-paying job as a 'journalist' or other creative artist than a 6 year liberal arts degree.

Tech schools have a far better 'job placement in trained field in the first year' rate than any college degree except Registered Nurse. And there are tech schools for registered nurse.

Good luck.

Blogger One Deplorable DT August 05, 2018 2:42 PM  

@47 - I wish I had known some of this when I was younger. Hell, I wish ANYONE who was paid to educate me (private K-12 then college) would have had even the faintest clue about what it really takes to have a successful career, or what real opportunities were out there.

Blogger One Deplorable DT August 05, 2018 2:48 PM  

@36 - I don't know about all those rules. My simple rule for staying as a commenter to to reflect on the fact that this blog belongs to Vox Day, and I am his guest. If he rebukes me for overstepping a line, I treat him like I would the owner of any home in which I am a guest. I submit to his rebuke.

Well said.

Love covers a multitude of sins. And proper respect preempts a multitude of sins. Asking the question would I speak this way to someone I deeply cared about and respected? would likely prevent many bans.

Blogger VD August 05, 2018 3:11 PM  

Still working out the personal/anecdote thing, but really, women do communicate through personal anecdote.

And Chinese people communicate through speaking Chinese. That doesn't mean it's acceptable to speak Chinese here.

We neither need nor want anyone communicating through personal anecdote here, particularly on subjects that concern science, history, logic, statistics and probabilities.

If we're talking about favorite movies, fine.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener August 05, 2018 3:19 PM  

What's this crap about plot holes in Das Boot?

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 3:55 PM  

Noah B The Savage Gardener wrote:What's this crap about plot holes in Das Boot?

Beats me, I am the wrong kind of Gamma.

Blogger Nate August 05, 2018 3:55 PM  

"But that would be, like, work. :)"

no no… its not the work that is the issue. Plenty of gammas can and do work. The issue is one of risk. The Gamma avoids any situation where failure is even possible... much less almost guaranteed. So starting a business is something that almost categorically rules out the possibility of gamma.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 05, 2018 3:57 PM  

@46 Dire Badger

That was great, thanks. I have a girl that is going to make a poster of those stats and I am going to post in my room.

I already tell them the story from a former teacher at our school who claimed the richest guy from her graduating high school class did not go to college. He became a plumber and then started his own plumbing business. He is now a multi-millionaire

Note to Vox Day: sorry for being so off-topic; especially on a thread concerning not getting banned!!

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants August 05, 2018 4:00 PM  

I thought the Revenge of the Nerds answer would be-Because I really identify with nerdy, dweedish gamma Ashkenazim who get the hot blonde goyim in the end, due to their high IQs.

Obviously, I don't know how this game is played.

Blogger Clint August 05, 2018 4:07 PM  

It was a grand time. You were missed and prayed for. See you at the next one .

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 4:11 PM  

@Mark Stoval-

Those stats were from 2016. recent changes in small business law (Thank you Trump!) have made small, production/maintenance, and personal businesses considerably more profitable since 2017, so I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the disparity has risen even farther.

I wouldn't dissuade anyone from attending medical school if they can afford and hack it, though. Surgeons, GP's, specialists, and trauma workers are always desperately needed and in short supply.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 05, 2018 4:33 PM  

@ Dire Badger

"I wouldn't dissuade anyone from attending medical school if they can afford and hack it, though."

Not to worry. My objective is to get them to look at the options while they go through high school. I ask them to take a hard look at the statistics and their own nature and decide. Just "going to college" is not good enough.

I don't want the kids in the "gender studies" swamp piling up debt and wasting 4-6 years of their life. I want the kids I teach to know that a lot of what they are going to hear about "going to college" is not the whole truth.

Since I teach math, and statistics is BIG in the curriculum now, I am going to do word problems about mean, median, and mode suggested by this conversation today. What is the median income of a master mechanic vs. a business major?

I really mean it when I say thanks for your input today. I have a lot to think over now. Good on you.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 05, 2018 5:52 PM  

Mark Stoval wrote:If you would like to share some tips to young kids to think about as they head off to high school; and not just believe that only "college grads" are successes, I would love to share some of your thoughts with some middle school kids.

Working on the North Slope as an engineer, I noticed that most of the people who had more responsibility and bigger paychecks than I had started out in the trades, mostly as union apprentices.

If you are really college material, you won't be working your tools many years after you turn out. You'll be doing QA, or you'll be a supervisor running a project, or an estimator. If you aren't that smart and aren't that motivated, college isn't going to change that.

In short, anyone who can't do well without college can't do well with four+ years of college, while anyone who can consistently solve complicated issues and carry out responsibilities can do very well without any college.

I'm a graduate engineer with multiple degrees, and I have tried to talk my children out of college.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 05, 2018 6:47 PM  

@58 Ominous Cowherd

Great information. Thanks for taking the time. I will use all these personal observations over time.

Blogger James Dixon August 05, 2018 7:43 PM  

> no no… its not the work that is the issue. Plenty of gammas can and do work. The issue is one of risk.

Well, there's a degree of both. But you are correct that risk is what paralyzes gammas and thus makes it an almost impossibility for them.

Blogger James Dixon August 05, 2018 7:47 PM  

> I'm a graduate engineer with multiple degrees, and I have tried to talk my children out of college.

The only reason to go to college is to get an education. That can be a STEM field or it can be a true liberal arts educations (though the places you can get the latter are almost nonexistent now). But that's the only reason to go. There are now a host of reasons not too, not the least being that in almost all cases you'd be better off investing the cost of college than getting the degree.]

Blogger Jack August 05, 2018 8:38 PM  

If you follow these guidelines on this blog, you might just carry some of them over into real life and become a better person.

Blogger Peter Gent August 06, 2018 6:33 AM  

James Dixon wrote:> I'm a graduate engineer with multiple degrees, and I have tried to talk my children out of college.

The only reason to go to college is to get an education.

Most of the people I know learned more on their own than they ever got in college. I think the only reason to go to college is if the job you want demands a degree. If that is true, then get that degree as cheaply as possible. That usually means finding out the transfer requirements for the school you intend to end up at and then taking every course you can at a community college that will transfer to your chosen school. Friends who have gotten their children to do that have saved at least $100,000 dollars and the community college courses were good, usually with much lower class sizes and more accessible professors.

Blogger Packers And Movers Chennai August 11, 2018 6:25 AM  

Packers and Movers Chennai Give Safe and Reliable ***Household Shifting Services in Chennai with Reasonable ###Packers and Movers Price Quotation. We Provide Household Shifting, Office Relocation, ✔✔✔Local and Domestic Transportation Services, Affordable and Reliable Shifting Service Charges @ Packers And Movers in Chennai

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts