ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, August 04, 2018

No gammas

Okrane S. is now banned from commenting here.
Okrane S. August 04, 2018 7:50 AM
You seem weak and angry. Are these some of those nice Christian values you preach?
I neither know nor care who is the target of this comment, but this is exactly the sort of passive-aggressive gamma bullshit that is no longer tolerated here. If you're an emotionally incontinent gamma male, just don't try to comment here. It's not going to go well for you and you will end up being banned sooner or later.

Read and learn, or read and go away and snark about it somewhere else, but either way, your comments are neither wanted nor permitted here.

Labels:

72 Comments:

Blogger Matthew August 04, 2018 10:16 AM  

This is an impressive example of highly concentrated disingenuousness. No wasted words.

Blogger Argus Bacchus August 04, 2018 10:21 AM  

Okrane S seems like a sniveling little attention whoring mangina. Those are the nice progressive values he preaches.

Blogger Ferdinand August 04, 2018 10:32 AM  

Righteous anger is indeed a christian value.

Blogger Gritón del Desierto August 04, 2018 10:34 AM  

Why most atheist are gammas?

Blogger Longtime Lurker August 04, 2018 10:39 AM  

"seem." The gammification of rhetoric.

Blogger VD August 04, 2018 10:44 AM  

Why most atheist are gammas?

Because their neurological atypicality negatively affects both their ability to believe and their empathy. This lack of empathy and belief results in behavior that tends to reduce their social status.

Blogger Jew613 August 04, 2018 10:46 AM  

Griton, because every atheist believes himself to be the secret king of creation, the pinnacle of existence. The Divine will always be higher then man, so for the secret king he must insist there is no G-d.

Vox, maybe this is just me but I would enjoy a book which is just a collection of your blog posts/comments where you slap down Gammas.

Blogger Doug Cranmer August 04, 2018 10:52 AM  

> "seem." The gammification of rhetoric.

So what you're saying is ...

Blogger Dave August 04, 2018 10:59 AM  

Well, that was only a matter of time. The genuinely curious part nailed it for me sometime ago...

Okrane S. wrote:Any evidence for all of this or are we supposed to believe it just like kids believe in Santa?

I find it telling that the same people who believe in such an esoteric concept like God to explain the complexity of the world we live in, are also the ones who will readily believe that there's a massive conspiracy at hand to explain bad outcomes instead of millions of independent actors making choices in a complex system which can sometimes lead to chaos.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to troll here; I'm perfectly willing to accept what you are saying provided I see some strong evidence to point in the direction of your conclusion. I am genuinely curious here, but not convinced.

Thanks

Blogger Longtime Lurker August 04, 2018 11:02 AM  

@8: "seem" is a tell, an indicator that one is likely dealing with a gamma. In this case, it is especially blatant because seem is the main verb in a simple accusation.

Blogger Brad Matthews August 04, 2018 11:03 AM  

Succinct.

Blogger VD August 04, 2018 11:07 AM  

The genuinely curious part nailed it for me sometime ago.

Yep. Gammas always, always, always lie. First to themselves, then to everyone else.

Blogger riffer73 August 04, 2018 11:09 AM  

I don't understand the need for ad hominem attacks. It's like these people have never had to debate an issue before. What do they do at work when they need to persuade someone to come over to their viewpoint?

Blogger Mocheirge August 04, 2018 11:13 AM  

Advice for everyone: before you hit "Publish", peruse your post for instances of "seem" or any of its conjugations. It seems like it has a nasty tendency to slip in secretly!

Blogger Longtime Lurker August 04, 2018 11:19 AM  

@14: That's the spirit.

Blogger pyrrhus August 04, 2018 11:35 AM  

@13 Ad hominem attacks are the standard mode for leftists, as a useful way to divert attention from the subject matter....and because they really do hate you..

Blogger pyrrhus August 04, 2018 11:39 AM  

@9 Other telltale signs are aspersions against Christianity or its holidays, reference to your "sky god", and attempts to paint opponents as hillbillys...

Blogger Doktor Jeep August 04, 2018 11:47 AM  

Mental obesity leads to physical obesity.
And gammas? It's getting to a point where you can spot them a mile away. Most remarkable is that a gamma can dress in Carhart swag and grow a beard and still come off, in body language alone, as prissy or effeminate.

Blogger Matthew August 04, 2018 11:53 AM  

re: use of "seem"

There's an episode of News Radio where the running gag is Dave over-using the word "apparently" when he's trying to explain to his new girlfriend why he hasn't actually broken up with his old girlfriend.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 04, 2018 11:57 AM  

Another tell; "I'm genuinely curious." Especially when it immediately follws a series of insults and dishonest paraphrases.
It' always a lie, and usually a gamma.

Blogger Red Rover August 04, 2018 12:01 PM  

This blog is a terrific resource. I learned quickly to read, learn and don't poke the bear. There's a reason he's called the Supreme Dark Lord.

Blogger Damelon Brinn August 04, 2018 12:14 PM  

His second comment showed his whole hand, when he set up and objected to the strawman of a binary choice between evolution or religion. I was just waiting for a "sky daddy" mention.

Blogger English Tom August 04, 2018 12:21 PM  

@Riffer73

What do they do at work when they need to persuade someone to come over to their viewpoint?

They snark and shame them into line.

Blogger phunktor August 04, 2018 12:27 PM  

" millions of independent actors making choices in a complex system "
you disingenuous fop! misunderestimate much?
coordinated action has a very different statistical signature:"three times is enemy action"

Blogger wreckage August 04, 2018 12:32 PM  

So, "genuinely" and "curious", feed it through VoxDay's SJW Black Box, we get "disingenuous and incurious", lo and behold; the Black Box, despite being unintelligent, is once again accurate.

I've gotten away with saying "genuinely curious" and "seems"; my magic trick is to actually mean it. It helps to not transparently phrase it as a "subtle" backhander.

Blogger wreckage August 04, 2018 12:34 PM  

" millions of independent actors making choices in a complex system "
But never under any circumstances acting in any form of common interest, because that's CRAZY TALK.

Blogger Dave August 04, 2018 12:44 PM  

wreckage, the difference is you've been here awhile; this is about relative newcomers that show up tossing out tear gas canisters all over the place.

Blogger S1AL August 04, 2018 1:02 PM  

There's also a difference between using "seem" in reference to a person versus in reference to a phenomenon.

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume August 04, 2018 1:12 PM  

Seem, seems, genuinely, curious...

All perfectly good words ruined by d-bags.

Blogger tuberman August 04, 2018 1:16 PM  

25.wreakage

Yep, it does depend on whether or not you actually mean it. Context is important. Snark added on is not a good sign, especially when it insinuated that who he was talking to is a dumb redneck with all that such caricatures suggests (Nazi, etc).

The term "seems" is usually poor writing even when not gamma snark. I'm guilty of this. Such passive-agressive equivocation "seems" to come from the soy-bound academic sphere.

Blogger tuberman August 04, 2018 1:29 PM  

Ad hominem attacks happen against globalists/leftists after you realize that facts are all over and obvious, and they don't really care to look.

A small percent of these are not total zombies, and the extremism of the left wake them up a bit at a time. It's always the left itself, through various instabilities, and insanity that turns people away. #WalkAway is real.

Blogger Anno Ruse August 04, 2018 1:34 PM  

"the difference is you've been here awhile"

This is often the only difference. Stay in a community long enough and the rules stop applying to you. Trolls and moderators tend to want the same thing from a community. They tend to get it.

Blogger Daniel Babylon August 04, 2018 2:18 PM  

I think a big part of my hatred towards liberals comes from their passive aggressiveness. The fact that conservatives are using the same strategy is disappointing.

Blogger VD August 04, 2018 2:19 PM  

This is often the only difference. Stay in a community long enough and the rules stop applying to you. Trolls and moderators tend to want the same thing from a community. They tend to get it.

Not here, at least with regards to the gammas. There are no old school gammas, because gammas always crack and melt down sooner or later.

Blogger wreckage August 04, 2018 2:19 PM  

Reputation is important. That's both reasonable and positive adaptation. It is unreasonable to show up, exhibit classic snark, and expect patience. I've done this a couple of times as an outsider in different groups. It's not terribly hard, and Vox is very clear about his/this community's expectations.

Blogger Longtime Lurker August 04, 2018 2:24 PM  

To seem, or not to seem, that is the question.

It's not about avoiding use of particular words that gammas use, per se. It's about evaluating rhetorical constructions in ways that help us understand type of opponent and tactical intent.

In the example above, Okrane is trying to goad his interlocutor into a defensive denial of a baseless charge (You seem . . .). He is, in effect, begging his opponent to validate his own dim view of said opponent.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 04, 2018 2:52 PM  

Well, it seems to me that Okrane S. was being a dick head.

;-)

Blogger By My Greybeard! August 04, 2018 3:23 PM  

Interesting take, that both traits have a root in the person's neurological architecture.

I find the thought interesting enough to initiate an “as it presents itself” data collection on it.

I never considered that physical angle, but rather considered it as symptoms presenting from a diseased soul.

[aside]
Mr.Vox Day, may I email you to get your thoughts on self-retraining after a series of severe strokes?

My judgement has been impaired since the incident sixteen yrs ago, but experience has taught me a deep distrust of modern medicine & medical men, so I've ‘went it alone’.

I ask you b|c I want my 167IQ back, and after reading the insight in your articles,(and for other reasons,) I think you might be able to point me at information I can trust.

Anyway, if possible, I'd like to use email to discuss this instead of an open forum.

Thank you for your time.
– BmG

Blogger Gritón del Desierto August 04, 2018 3:47 PM  

I didn't know that there were neurological factors in the behavior of those atheist.Now I have a lot of questions.What happens if an gamma atheist becomes Christian? Are there Christian gammas? Where We can draw the libe that divides biological behaviour from spiritual influence?

P.S. I don't know when Okrane S. Logged here for the first time,but the first time that I saw one of his comments,I kind of "feel" that the ban was coming sooner or later.First I thought it was just a newbie who didn't read the rules or a troll.But his comment was...wrong,I mean it was a post about Christianity and his comment came out of nowhere,saying that Christianity is 2000 years old hoax,and typical atheist stuff.And treating everyone else as being retards.I think he was asking for it.

Blogger Gritón del Desierto August 04, 2018 3:48 PM  

In other words,he put his own ego on pedestal

Blogger Gritón del Desierto August 04, 2018 3:49 PM  

It seems :v that everybody is talking about "It seems", but What about " Actually"??? :v

Blogger Miguel August 04, 2018 3:59 PM  

OT:

VD, Dinesh is starting to claim that the organizers of "Unite the Right" (specially liberal Spencer) are plants.

The Fake Right is in big trouble when even mainstream conservatives are on to them.

Blogger Galt-in-Da-Box August 04, 2018 4:07 PM  

*ROFPMPLMMFAO!!!*
L8, rack 'im.

Blogger Daniel Babylon August 04, 2018 4:09 PM  

Gritón del Desierto wrote:It seems :v that everybody is talking about "It seems", but What about " Actually"??? :v
"Actually" is a perfectly fine way to introduce a new idea in contrast to a commonly held idea. "Um actually", however, deserves to end with life imprisonment.

Blogger Daniel Babylon August 04, 2018 4:12 PM  

Gritón del Desierto wrote:Are there Christian gammas?
Christianity has its fair share of liberals and soyboys and women (although not all women display gamma behavior).

Blogger VD August 04, 2018 4:25 PM  

Mr.Vox Day, may I email you to get your thoughts on self-retraining after a series of severe strokes?

While I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, I have no thoughts whatsoever on the matter. That's completely outside my area of knowledge and I have precisely zero free time these days.

Are there Christian gammas?

Absolutely. Christian singles groups are full of them.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 04, 2018 4:26 PM  

Daniel Babylon wrote:(although not all women display gamma behavior).
Gammas display stereotypically feminine social behavior. That's why they're creepy, narcissistic, and rejected by women.
Most women are rational, dispassionate, self-critical and logical from time to time. A gamma never is.

Blogger VFM #7191 August 04, 2018 4:46 PM  

Sargon of Akkad loves the "genuinely curious" line, especially when he debates people to his right.

"I'm genuinely curious..."

No, you're not, Sargon. You're genuinely dishonest.

Blogger LP999-16 August 04, 2018 4:58 PM  

What a Gammatude.

Where is anyone here or Vox mean and weak?

Debate and conversations are mere communication now deemed a problem? Good Lord. Anyhow!

The GE is using reverse psych on the pro open borders 3rd world vibe, the POTUS said, "no matter what I do, they dont like me, well, I will just tell everyone we are not building a wall then everyone will want the wall." Something like that, fox was on at the nursing home.

Blogger LP999-16 August 04, 2018 5:08 PM  

33 Exactly, if an truthful observation is made that offends someone they are rejecting good counsel.

38, Walk, walk and walk, de stress and give your body time the most important thing is to pray for whatever parts were oxygen denied will be infused again with oxygen and life within the brain, fight your body to some degree, throw on some pain cream and try basic yoga on youtube. Practice breathing, if you cry or laugh at unknown times, its part of it, it flares up and passes by, dont fight it, dont hate it, its part of the body recovering.

Take food slowly and swallow hard, if your on a thickening solution dont worry it wont last as a forever thing.

Beau's been though some matters that I do not know but he is doing well, we must fight, never give up and seek health for the time being the next day or alleged prognosis is for tomorrow, not your today.

Strokes and heart attacks to even cancer are a complex battle, come back with a good report in time. Prayers, LP

Blogger weka August 04, 2018 5:47 PM  

Note that the neuroatypicality is a consequences of deficient neural networks.

And that there is no pill for this.

Blogger Expendable Faceless Minion August 04, 2018 6:12 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger VFM #7634 August 04, 2018 6:14 PM  

"Gammas display stereotypically feminine social behavior. That's why they're creepy, narcissistic, and rejected by women."

@47 Snidely
It has become clear to me that a huge part of the mating dance that women do, such as shit tests, beta bait, and all that, is to weed out Gammas and weak Deltas.

Blogger Tanjil Bren August 04, 2018 6:21 PM  

I sense that the rejection of Christianity is ramping up significantly, as is the irrationality underpinning many of the increasingly hysterical attacks I am witnessing (though a raised consciousnesses might be why and I am merely noticing it more).
I was shocked, though, to see it in one of my own children, when suddenly blaming Christianity for so often 'holding us back'.
I was lost for words and didn't counter this assertion well, other than to return that the roots of the Scientific Method (the very reason we enjoy the civilization that we do) were buried deep in Christ's truth, and that Papisim (and its inquisitions) and Christianity were *not* the same thing.
I struggle not get angry, which is utterly self-defeating and weak.
But it is a struggle.

Blogger tuberman August 04, 2018 6:23 PM  

38. By My Greybeard!

You have to go to the top experts in these areas, and University of Alabama Birmingham is known to have the best experts on stroke recovery, especially after a long period. And, experiment.... keeping the mind active, will obviously already help. Many people have good results from things like racetams, and also anti-stress adaptagens, including mushrooms, of all sorts. Tons of things to try, but most you are on your own (as is usual).

Blogger Stickwick Stapers August 04, 2018 6:33 PM  

Greybeard: Mr.Vox Day, may I email you to get your thoughts on self-retraining after a series of severe strokes?

Look up Dr. Berg's channel on YouTube. He's a big advocate of the ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting, both of which are excellent for increasing the health of your brain. He has a regular call-in show on YouTube during which he dispenses personalized advice -- you might want to give him a call during his next one and ask about your situation.

Blogger Some Guy August 04, 2018 6:50 PM  

And young men who can’t help but try and please everyone. Like 90% of associate pastors.

Blogger Stickwick Stapers August 04, 2018 7:01 PM  

I've been increasingly active on Twitter with overtly Christian commentary, and of course any time a Christian says anything about faith on Twitter, this is the signal for gamma atheists to come scurrying out from under their rocks.

What's interesting is that they're particularly persistent and nasty with Christian women. There's one atheist fruitcake who has serially harassed every female apologist I know on Twitter, including contacting employers to try to get us fired from our regular jobs.

I can't quite figure out what the deal is here. The sheer amount of bitterness, anger, and ferocity with some of these guys, it's crazy. Are they taking all of the frustration from years of rejection out on us? Do they see us as softer targets than men? Do they straight-up hate women? All of the above?

Whatever it is, the creep-level is pretty high. I'll take Vox's style of annihilating contempt over the tender snarky embraces of a gamma any day.

Blogger Tanjil Bren August 04, 2018 7:48 PM  

"What's interesting is that they're particularly persistent and nasty with Christian women...The sheer amount of bitterness, anger, and ferocity with some of these guys, it's crazy."
When boys bully girls, it is often because they actually (perversely) like the target; the bullying is an overcompensating (and often unconscious) blind to cover up the fact.

Blogger David The Good August 04, 2018 7:51 PM  

"Are there Christian gammas?"

Yes. Calvary Chapel.

Blogger Xellos August 04, 2018 8:19 PM  

Daniel Babylon: ackchyually

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 04, 2018 8:47 PM  

On stroke recovery: I've heard that hyperbaric oxygen therapy can help. Ketogenic diet seems to be generally healthful, although I'm not sure how it might help with stroke recovery. If that diet seems too extreme, at least ingest some coconut oil or medium chain triglycerides daily.

That information is more than I know about the subject. God bless.

Blogger My Dead Gramps August 04, 2018 9:16 PM  

@58

As someone who had that mentality in high school, it's pure envy stemming from the fact that the object of their desire chose the jock, the cad, the 'dumb stoopid Christian'; essentially, their perceived inferior competition over the supreme gentleman.

They hate the supposed untermensch who bested them. They hate the woman who choose those men by proxy.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 2:27 AM  

VD wrote:There are no old school gammas, because gammas always crack and melt down sooner or later.

I figured out years ago the trick to not being banned when you post Gamma crap.

1. It's not about Vox Day. If you make it about him, you get banned.
2. You cannot talk crap about VD unless it's actually true. And relevant to the conversation at hand. And it 'seems' like VD revels in being called stuff like 'Arrogant' and 'uncompromising'.
3. When he tells you the topic is over, shut up about it. Don't try to get the last word, because the last word has already been spoken... and usually, when he says shut up about it, the rest of the board stops following the conversation... so getting the last word is pointless anyway, since mostly no one is going to read it.
4. It's not about you. Personal anecdotes to illustrate a point is one thing, as long as it is a a valid illustration... but "Not all _ are like that" with a personal anecdote that shows a statistical outlier just makes you look like a stupid troll with nothing of value to add... and people with no value are likely to get banned since it really won't hurt anything.
5. Figure out your sociosexual hierarchy position, your personality profile, or any other shit like that yourself. No one wants to answer your 'what am I?' question. This is not a facebook personality quiz stream.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 2:27 AM  

6. Figure out what people here are like. You can disagree, but if you voice a disagreement that has been covered a million times, you are going to get hazed. Don't post a million times countering a million arguments, and especially don't respond to every single insult because you said something most people here think is stupid. That's spamming. (see the last word comment)
7. cussing should be sparing. This is not HALO. Talking trash just for the sake of talking trash will get you banned as fast as making it all about VD.
8. When someone asks you a direct question without qualifiers, answer it. Even if the answer is "I don't know", or "I googled it but my search Fu was weak, I will find it later." if they ask you a question that starts with 'considering that...' or adds a weird goalpost-shifting Frame like "Answer in a Haiku" or "Without using examples or Allegories..." feel free to answer or tell them to kiss your butt.
9. Statements of known fact are okay. Patronizing statements sharing your secret king wisdom "Because you all need to know this" will get you mocked and banned, especially if you never bothered to notice that there was an article about that very thing less than two days earlier. I suggest lurking for at least a month before making your first post, so you can figure out what kinds of people are here, and maybe even learn a thing or two before you open your mouth.

Last but certainly not least,
10. DO NOT GET DEFENSIVE! When you are wrong, admit it. being able to learn from your mistakes is vastly more important (and more respect-worthy) than 'winning' an argument in the thread... mostly when you 'win' it's because people have just gotten bored with arguing with you.
That doesn't mean apologize. Men only apologize when their actions have inadvertently harmed others. If you go off on a tirade and insult someone and find out later that you were wrong, an apology is cool, but don't apologize for being wrong. Just admit it, fix it if you can, and move on.

and to reiterate rule #3. When VD says the topic is done, it is DONE. Even if you KNOW you have the perfect refutation or evidence. Every second he spends dealing with your sorry ass is a second he is NOT spending writing his next book, working out the details to the next Alt-hero, creating a darkstream, getting a GREAT book by another writer published that is VASTLY more entertaining than your 'perfect refutation'.

So, my fellow secret Kings, THAT is how you avoid getting banned on vox popoli. Now it's time to go back to looking for that woman desperate enough to ignore our self-absorbed gloating, or that ugly woman we settled on because she's too stupid to notice that we ignore pretty much everything she has to say except when we repeat back a sentence to make it sound like we are listening occasionally.

Happy blogging!

Blogger Tanjil Bren August 05, 2018 2:31 AM  

"64. Dire Badger"

There's a way simpler axiom: have nothing to prove.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 3:34 AM  

Sure, but that's not as much fun as typing out 10 funny rules.

Blogger Tanjil Bren August 05, 2018 3:46 AM  

67. Dire Badger

I *totally* didn't mean to detract from your rules.

They *are* fun.

Blogger Dire Badger August 05, 2018 5:13 AM  

Well, they aren't blog rules. They are just ten things for gammas to do to avoid the ban hammer. You can still tick people off, act like a jackass, and spread your stupidity around liberally, but while you may get ridiculed, ignored, and discounted you are unlikely to get perma-banned.

I don't think there's an actual blog rule against being an autistic moron.

Blogger wreckage August 05, 2018 7:25 AM  

For the most acidic atheists, it's all psycho-sexual. All of it. Turning vindictive on women is part of the same dysfunction that is intertwined with their belief system. Not all atheists are such; but for those as are, the atheism is just one symptom of the disorder.

Blogger Harambe August 05, 2018 9:23 AM  

What these people don't realise is that between you and Spacebunny, you're the nice and accommodating one.

Blogger James Dixon August 05, 2018 10:29 AM  

> I don't think there's an actual blog rule against being an autistic moron.

If there was I'd have been banned long ago.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts