ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Jordan Peterson is a feckless coward

First he offers a ridiculous, long-winded justification for his "Kavanaugh should step down" tweet:
I asked myself a question, after reading these posts: “Is there an alternative to confirming or not confirming Kavanaugh?” When a choice appears starkly binary, a third path appears impossible, by definition — but might possibly still be worth seeking. I tried to place myself in Kavanaugh’s position, while generating a potential answer (and think that I can do so with some justification, having been publicly identified as reprehensible by many people—prominent journalists, activists, and academics among them).

I thought, “He can’t withdraw, prior to the nomination, because his reputation has been savaged so badly that withdrawal would not only mean loss of the Supreme Court nomination, but demolition of his entire career and future life.” So the only way for Kavanaugh was forward, through the FBI investigation, on to the nomination hearing, and the hope that he would be… what? Cleared? Not cleared, because it is too late for that, even given the favorable or at least not damning FBI report. A large percentage of the American public does not believe that he is an appropriate choice for the highest bench position in the land (51%, according to NY Mag: https://nym.ag/2RwLUGt, citing a CNN poll). I’m not claiming, necessarily, that CNN’s poll is reliable. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that there is very widespread opposition to his candidacy, much of it generated not by people’s belief in his innocence or lack therefore but by their objection to the manner in which both parties handled the nomination process.

It’s not a good thing when there is general discomfort with the manner in which something as important as the naming of a new Chief Justice is undertaken. It doesn’t bode well for the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps–perhaps–there is nothing more important to preserve than that).

So I thought, “What might I do in such a position?” Withdrawing, prior to a full investigation, did not constitute an acceptable option. But it’s not clear that accepting the position, given the scale of opposition to my candidacy (“my,” in my simulation of his situation). So what if the FBI cleared me, I received the nomination, but then decided that it might be best for medium- to long-term peace and the good of the country if someone who shared my views but who had not been contaminated, rightly or wrongly, by the horrors of the nomination process in question be put forward as a candidate in my stead? Objections to that might include:
  • Perhaps the Democrat opposition would mount a similar campaign against my putative successor. But that would provide virtually unassailable evidence for the purely manipulative and political motivation of the accusers, forcing them to duplicate their strategy a second time. That would help reveal the machinations for what they were, in a manner that would be virtually undeniable.
  • Perhaps time is of the essence, and there would be no way to place another candidate of conservative leaning on the bench before the November elections. As they say, however: “act in haste, repent in leisure.” It might be acceptable to wait a month and test the democratic waters: if the Republicans do well in November, then their moves to nominate the candidate of their choice have been fully and evidently vetted by the electorate. That’s not a bad medium-to-long-term strategy.
  • Perhaps it is necessary, as an act of patriotism, to sacrifice personal ambition for the broader welfare of the country.
  • Perhaps that would also enable “me” (Kavanaugh) to regain the moral upper hand, in some permanent manner: with my name cleared, enabled in at least some manner to go on with my life, I could clear the way for the next, hopefully less contentious candidate.
So those were my ideas.
Then he threatens to hold his breath until he turns blue quit Twitter because he can't take the well-merited heat.
 I was laboring yet again under the naïve misapprehension (and should have known better at this stage in the media war) that I could offer an idea—not a certainty—for consideration on that platform. I should have known better not least because I had already discussed the dangers of Twitter, for example, with my son, who insisted over many months that if I engage in contentious issues online that I should do so with a longer blog post, and link to that with Twitter. I should have known better because Twitter appears primarily to be a forum where errors are magnified and outrage and vitriol almost certain to emerge whenever uncertainty about motive manifests itself.

I honestly don’t know what to do with Twitter. It’s a very dangerous platform, and may well be doing more harm than good. But I have something approaching a million followers. Do I owe them a certain allegiance? Should I just abandon my account, or should I try to use it properly, whatever that means? I think it would be safer for me to leave Twitter and it would almost certainly better for my mental health and ease of mind and conscience.
Jordan Peterson has NO intention of quitting Twitter. He's a fame whore and he's just desperately trying to get his disappointed followers to buy into the "clarification" narrative.

UPDATE: I didn't notice this on the first read-through. Jordan Peterson is also an ignoramus.
It’s not a good thing when there is general discomfort with the manner in which something as important as the naming of a new Chief Justice is undertaken. It doesn’t bode well for the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps–perhaps–there is nothing more important to preserve than that).
The charlatan who has been contemplating this matter so very deeply apparently didn't spare one single thought for the fact that Justice Kavanaugh was not named Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. The naming of a Chief Justice is indeed a significant government event, but it doesn't have anything to do with the recent Kavanaugh confirmation.

Labels: ,

100 Comments:

Blogger Longtime Lurker October 10, 2018 5:33 PM  

Canadian concern troll is concerned.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener October 10, 2018 5:41 PM  

You have destroyed this man.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash October 10, 2018 5:42 PM  

Even with his twitter account, he is playing the "I'm just mulling everything over and over Andover and Dover" bullshit game he always plays with everything.
Here's a rule for life, Jordan; Shit or get off the pot.

Blogger Dave October 10, 2018 5:50 PM  

Did any one ask this f*cking schmuck for his input? Please leave Twitter right now, and go back to Canada, you lying POS.

Blogger ar10308 October 10, 2018 5:55 PM  

If confirmed, Peterson should step down from Twitter.
Bucko.

Blogger JRH, esq. October 10, 2018 6:04 PM  

We have a Chief Justice already, Kav is an Associate Justice. This is a significant distinction because a Chief Justice must be confirmed by the Senate even if the individual is a sitting Assoc. Justice on the SC. That's why they are often nominated for the SC as a new judge rather than a sitting judge.

Maybe that's how Canadians refer to their high court, but if you can't get the small stuff right, why should I take you seriously on the big stuff?

Also, all of those concerns he discusses? Excuses for losing. Period. If you let the other side dictate the terms of victory you will never win.

Blogger SciVo October 10, 2018 6:11 PM  

It is not complicated! As Stacy McCain always says, "Losers lose and winners win." Now there he is speaking about the silliness of boys whining that they can't get a girl instead of doing something about it, or of lonely, barren old maids giving life advice to young women; but it is true in general that if someone is advising you to lose, then he's either a loser or not on your side. Or both.

Blogger Grampy Niemira October 10, 2018 6:16 PM  

Go back to Canada and worry about your own country you don't .

Blogger Dave October 10, 2018 6:16 PM  

Jordan,

Please resign your Twitter account immediately. You have caused untold mental anguish and health concerns among your followers due to your troubling and problematic public experiment in thought. Only by stepping down can the healing process begin. Do the right thing, Jordan, for yourself, your followers, and the country.

Signed,

A concerned citizen.

Blogger Jeroth October 10, 2018 6:20 PM  

He may have a million followers, but they barely pay attention to him. While replies mocking him like this one get the most likes in his threads, with absolutely no pushback from fans.

Blogger DonReynolds October 10, 2018 6:21 PM  

Of course, Jordan Peterson would find this the perfect response.

Similarly, if a person were wrongly accused of murder and the evidence failed to convict (or was found completely innocent by a jury), then the acquitted man should hang himself anyway to placate those who wished him executed, because that would satisfy everyone at the same time! Those who believe in justice would be satisfied that he had been acquitted. Those who insist that he was guilty (of something) would also be satisfied that he was dead. The hope of Peace would be restored to the Republic at the expense of an innocent man.

This must be the Peterson logic.

Blogger Lucius Cincinnatus October 10, 2018 6:21 PM  

We need to get Peterson to chat with Vox. He seems willing to talk with practically anyone. I'd pay to make this happen.

Blogger Jeroth October 10, 2018 6:25 PM  

Lucius Cincinnatus wrote:We need to get Peterson to chat with Vox. He seems willing to talk with practically anyone. I'd pay to make this happen.

No he's not. He tries to create that impression, but there isn't a chance in hell he'd talk with Vox.

Blogger Laramie Hirsch October 10, 2018 6:27 PM  

He's a long-winded blowhard, and a worm.

Blogger RobertT October 10, 2018 6:29 PM  

Has anyone ever blown up faster than that.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash October 10, 2018 6:30 PM  

Lucius Cincinnatus wrote:We need to get Peterson to chat with Vox. He seems willing to talk with practically anyone. I'd pay to make this happen.
This will never happen. Peterson is deeply, intrinsically dishonest, and lives a life bounded and directed by fear.
That's part of why he always strikes his fake pose as if he's some deep thinker, thinking about something for the first time ever, for the 40th time on a public stage. He's afraid to actually commit to his ideas, at least partially because he knows they are lies.
JBP knows VD would eat him alive and expose his fraud. He will never ever converse publicly with Vox.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother October 10, 2018 6:36 PM  

My eyes glazed over. Spit it out!

Blogger Unknown October 10, 2018 6:36 PM  

Threatening to quit twitter = begging for a social media blowjob. Tells you everything you need to know about little jp.

Blogger Dave October 10, 2018 6:38 PM  

Has anyone ever blown up faster than that.

Not really, ask again if he cancels his speaking tour.

Blogger MJ Meyers October 10, 2018 6:42 PM  

*CRINGE*

Blogger Gregory the Great October 10, 2018 6:50 PM  

I cannot read through this gibberish.
At first I liked him because of his stance on the gender BS. Then I thought I would listen to his bible talks one by one. Frankly I never got past the first half of the first bible talk because somehow I could not find anything inspiring in his stream of unconsciousness mumbo jumbo.

Blogger widlast washere October 10, 2018 6:52 PM  

I have always had a problem with supposedly intelligent people that have the habit of constantly framing every discussion with a laundry list of "what ifs". Deal with what IS, not fantasy.
Kavanaugh is so clean he squeaks, he is a perfect candidate for the Supreme Court, the libs hate him cuz haters gonna hate.

Blogger Nathan Wright October 10, 2018 7:04 PM  

> But that would provide virtually unassailable evidence for the purely manipulative and political motivation of the accusers, forcing them to duplicate their strategy a second time.

JBP is just digging deeper -- this is either criminally stupid, or insane. Did he drink another class of apple cider? Is he actually envisioning a future column by Krugman entitled "Dems have gone too far with new evidence-free rape accusation"? It shouldn't even need pointing out that it would be "Yet another credible allegation proves that Rethuglikkkans are all rapists". Unreal.

Blogger Rough Carrigan October 10, 2018 7:06 PM  

After having time to think about it he comes out with this crap instead of simply saying something like, "My mistake. I was being too flippant about the issue."

He's thought it over and decides to hang his hat on the complete bullshit justification that somehow resigning would be good for the welfare of the whole nation?! Any reasonable person can see at a glance would it would be exactly the opposite for encouraging irrational children to simply shriek anew whenever anything they don't like is proposed. How the hell would that be good for the welfare of the whole nation. My god.

Blogger Nathan Wright October 10, 2018 7:08 PM  

Kudos Vox, you nailed JBP from the start. He's given the clearest possible sign that when the battle reaches its most critical point, he will turn and run or defect to the other side. Anyone who defends him after this is a fool.

Blogger Didas Kalos October 10, 2018 7:09 PM  

I needed a good reason to have a belly laugh today. LOL x 1000

Blogger Careless Whisper October 10, 2018 7:11 PM  

What a hilarious Canadian stereotype this clown is. He would have been great on SCTV playing Bob and Doug McKenzie's wormy yuppie neighbor from Ontario. It would have been gold!

Blogger Bob Roos October 10, 2018 7:13 PM  

Jordan became famous precisely for standing up to the mob over Bill C-16. If "stability and peace of the state" is now the summit of the hierarchy of values, well, you best submit to the state then, bucko.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother October 10, 2018 7:14 PM  

That would have been awesome.

Blogger The Greay Man October 10, 2018 7:18 PM  

He goes Full Gamma with how many parentheses he puts in every post.

Good grief.

Blogger Brad Matthews October 10, 2018 7:22 PM  

Just tried to logon to your blog from Wi-Fi at a Colton's steak house. Blocked due to intolerance. WTF?

Blogger Pierre Truc October 10, 2018 7:23 PM  

Anonymous Conservative knows how to find the words...

If you take him at his word, then every tweet he gives should be ignored. Now everything he says is not his opinion, or even correct. Every tweet is basically just him talking out of his ass randomly and spouting whatever pops into his head at that moment. If you want that, there is no shortage of people you could follow on twitter who will provide it, and many will be funnier and more entertaining than Peterson.

Second, the logic he espouses is so defective it is beyond reprehensible. If Kavanaugh stepped down, that is what the left wanted. That would only encourage them to use lies to character assassinate the next nominee, just as much as if he was not voted into the office. In a battle between good and evil, there is no third way. That he thinks that even possible shows he lacks the ability to reason effectively, and the will to stand for good, no matter how unpleasant. Even his premise – Kavanaugh was horribly slandered, but the people who oppose him, and slandered him, should have their wishes considered – is totally ridiculous. This is a great thinker?

Blogger Robert What? October 10, 2018 7:23 PM  

What is Peterson saying that is resonating with people so much that he has so many followers? You know he is the officially approved fake opposition because he is still on Twitter. If he was the real deal he would have been booted off of Twitter long ago.

Blogger DJT October 10, 2018 7:26 PM  

Using so many words to say so little.

Blogger The Greay Man October 10, 2018 7:32 PM  

Brad,

Make a complaint.

Blogger DJT October 10, 2018 7:34 PM  

Not only parentheses, but even m-dashes within parentheses.

Blogger ant becker October 10, 2018 7:37 PM  

His mate has apparently destroyed "the argument that culture is intrinsically tied to race."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gclnMhG1Arw

Blogger Cecil Henry October 10, 2018 7:46 PM  

Peterson's rationalizations boil down to:

'I want you to lose, but there's no reason you can't get some virtue signalling in along the way.'


Peterson tells half the truth well. But the other half of reality he avoids studiously like a gatekeeper.

'Here ye may go BUT no further bucko!!'



Half-baked will poison you just as much as no bake. Damn its disappointing to watch the selective conscience. How, how can he not see how bad this looks??


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqtPsEXZTec

Blogger English Tom October 10, 2018 7:46 PM  

@Don Reynolds

Re: Peterson logic.

He is right that if Kavanaugh stepped down and the same leftist hideousness was perpetrated on the latest appointee, that people would identify it as a tactic. But,do the left care? Someone several posts ago mentioned expediency and power regarding their motivations. They'll continue with a successful tactic ad nauseam infinitum.

Blogger English Tom October 10, 2018 7:49 PM  

BTW

He always has to get his mental health angle mentioned. Maybe he just needs to put more effort into cleaning his room!

Blogger Daniel October 10, 2018 7:51 PM  

Twitter is so Dark Web.

Blogger pyrrhus October 10, 2018 7:52 PM  

Awwww, poor little Jordan...

Blogger Damelon Brinn October 10, 2018 7:59 PM  

What is Peterson saying that is resonating with people so much that he has so many followers?

As best I can tell, it's mainly two things. He has challenged people to be more responsible, basically telling them basic things their fathers would have if they had fathers in their lives. And he opposed some SJW gender crap in a college or somewhere. That's about it. Those are the things that always come up when people talk about why they do/did follow him.

He's also getting pushed hard, like Shapiro, so it's not all natural following. There may be a great deal of astroturfing going on with both of them.

Blogger S. Thermite October 10, 2018 8:02 PM  

Dear Jordie:

TL/DR.

Don’t care.

You suck.

Signed,
A Former Fan Who Attended One of Your Sold Out Shows

P.S. Did I mention you suck?

Blogger basementhomebrewer October 10, 2018 8:17 PM  

His argument is very weak and it destroys his position on many other issues he never talks about. Particularly he never really addresses illegal immigration, the wall etc. In America, a much larger portion than 51% of the population supports strict enforcement of immigration laws. Further, not enforcing them causes great harm to the nation.

If this excuse for his reasoning was even remotely accurate he would be regularly be talking about the need to enforce immigration laws in the US.

Blogger Jean Durtal October 10, 2018 8:26 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Jean Durtal October 10, 2018 8:27 PM  

Anonymous Conservative has just posted an excellent breakdown of the duplicitous nature of this blog post, and how Peterson is a "pied piper" for the Left. He also credits Vox for being the first to see Peterson for the charlatan he is.

Blogger The Deplorable Podunk Ken Ramsey October 10, 2018 8:30 PM  

The original Tweet length was 140 characters. That made good tweet creation into an artform (I melancholy that this has been abandoned). Jordan Peterson, before most others, would do well by this limitation. Saying something effective in so few characters is impossible to do in bafflegab.

It would up his game. Jordan should not abandon Twitter! He should, however, resign from the new luxuries of all these newfound bytes, and limit himself to 140 characters.

Which he can't type unless suited in a hairshirt. As penance for his manifold crimes. It's fitting.

Blogger Lance E October 10, 2018 8:45 PM  

The message Peterson should have written if he had the tiniest shred of integrity:

"I'm sorry for my obtuse tweets. I got swept up in all the rhetoric and didn't take the time to learn the facts. In my attempt to sound clever and 'above it all', I let down my friends and my audience. Obviously it would be absurd for him to step down now or any time based on false claims and manufactured drama, and by my own experience I should have known better than to believe that anything positive could come out of such a withdrawal. I hope that people will come to see and forgive this as a stupid mistake, not a deliberate betrayal of the principles that I claim to stand for."

But of course, he said the exact opposite. The "51%" was especially galling - is that not the clearest proof you need that naked partisanship is what's driving the CNN "poll"? And he's smart enough to know this, therefore we must assume he's deliberately trying to mislead.

Blogger Johnny October 10, 2018 8:51 PM  

@38
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqtPsEXZTec

That Peterson is one odd guy. What I noticed in the clip provided is that the question about whether our current policy regarding Russia had anything to do with (((their))) hostility to Russia hit him so hard he practically left the stage. About the biggest tell I have ever seen.

Blogger Arthur Isaac October 10, 2018 8:53 PM  

He forgot to clean his Twitter account before he went off to change the world.

Blogger Jail Cussox October 10, 2018 9:13 PM  

Peterson never quit his Approved Opposition tv tour when a "large" percentage of the Canadian population was arguing with him about gender pronouns.

Blogger Steve October 10, 2018 9:15 PM  

Perhaps the Democrat opposition would mount a similar campaign against my putative successor. But that would provide virtually unassailable evidence for the purely manipulative and political motivation of the accusers

Ha. After the Mitt Romney "War on Women" libel, the flurry of sexual assault accusations against Donald Trump immediately before the 2016 election (never mentioned by the media since), Roy Moore's thot patrol troubles, and the attempted murder of Brett Kavanaugh's reputation, imagine thinking that the malice and mendacity of the She Ra Man Haters Club is something that needs to be proven.

This is like sticking your own head into the slicepath of an active helicopter rotor to demonstrate how safety doesn't work.

Of course, it's an option. But what then?

Non-Leftists already know the Left is lying about this stuff. The Left knows that you know, and doesn't care. (They may even prefer it that way - see Dalrymple's theory on the role of humiliation and lies in the progressive playbook.)

Whose minds are going to be changed by someone on the red team committing righteous career seppuku just to provide another example of how SJW's always lie? Does he think the media is suddenly going to start saying "hmmm... maybe these turkey-necked trollops with the suspiciously vague, evidence-free, and politically-motivated accusations aren't entirely on the up and up! Let's get our best investigative reporters on the case!"

Btw, something that struck me at the time when Blarney Ford was still hiding out in California pretending to be afraid of planes: wasn't it interesting how the entire US media decided not to do any actual journalism?

By that, I mean there was no attempt to do anything except recite Democratic Party talking points and what Ford's lawyers were saying.

Normally, with a big story like this, you'd expect reporters to be camped outside her house, interviewing friends, family, neighbours and students, or at least digging up other photographs of the accuser (for days, the only pictures being circulated of the most talked-about woman in America were an old lo-res snap of her wearing sunglasses and one photo from her high school years - both of which probably came from her coven of lawyers).

The media behaved as if in agreement not to provide any actual reporting on Ford until receiving further instructions. They're still covering for her, in fact. I wonder if they planned this via JournoList 2.0, or just had the native cunning to understand that Ford's story wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny?

Blogger Stannous Baratheon October 10, 2018 9:29 PM  

A friend of mine made the exact same suggestion to a week ago, that Kavanaugh ought to step down because there was now just too much bad blood. Now he is an intelligent fellow but is still badly deranged about Trump, so I took this as evidence of major cognitive dissonance on his part. By my reading he actually believed Kavanaugh, or at least didn’t believe Blasey, but he just simply couldn’t support anything associated with Trump, so he tried to leap as close to the middle as possible for some sort of idealistic “reasonable” solution. Obviously never read Vox Day ;)

I’m actually optimistic though. Because he’s heading to the center in order to get away from the Left. He’s not ready to accept Trump as a good President but he’s getting there.

Blogger Bill October 10, 2018 9:46 PM  

The moment I first saw Peterson, I dismissed him as a typical feminine, feeble humanities professor. Then he fooled me into thinking he's brilliant. Never ignore your gut.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey October 10, 2018 9:53 PM  

I'm very concerned by this blatant attempt by a foreign national (likely working on behalf of a foreign government) to meddle in the American political process through the illicit, deceptive use of social media.

It borders on leafhackery, tbh.

The FBI should investigate immediately.

Blogger tublecane October 10, 2018 10:13 PM  

@48- I have detected no significant difference in quality before and after the expansion of twitter's character limit. It's not as if posters were a bunch of Alexander Popes beforehand.

Anyway, Peterson is in trouble for a tweet that was as short and to the point as possible. This long-winded puffery is from his blog.

Blogger weka October 10, 2018 10:14 PM  

Nothing ever good comes from the University of Toronto

Blogger tublecane October 10, 2018 10:23 PM  

"the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps--perhaps--there is nothing more important to preserve than that.)"

The state happens to be run by evil commie megalomaniacs, therefore I must conclude that's what Peterson wants.

Oh, wait. He said "perhaps" twice. That means he's right no matter what. I forgot.

Blogger Lazarus October 10, 2018 10:29 PM  

LESSON:

Don't Tweet on drugs.

Blogger doctrev October 10, 2018 10:38 PM  

JRH, esq. wrote:

Maybe that's how Canadians refer to their high court, but if you can't get the small stuff right, why should I take you seriously on the big stuff?


The Supreme Court of Canada has a Chief Justice and eight junior judges, identical to the United States. The process of appointing a Chief Justice is different in Canada- but as absolutely no one cares about that, including Canadians, it's not actually indemnifying. I'm sure Vox would address it if he didn't have to admit considering something about Canada noteworthy.

That Jordan Peterson's blindingly obvious yet comforting Youtube pablum is considered high intellectualism baffles me: that anyone takes him seriously after this disastrous foray is depressing. If he couldn't see the absurd smears coming since the Robert Bork nomination, he really is too stupid to be on Youtube. So much for the Dork Web (who all supported Pristine Ford).

Blogger eclecticme October 10, 2018 10:47 PM  

Vox read JP so we did not have to. Thank you for that. I could not read what he said. My eyes glazed over.

Blogger Shamgar October 10, 2018 10:57 PM  

If he had just stuck to his original thinking, it would be better. But cowards and liars know what they are, and desperately try to hide it and backtrack it.

Blogger R.G. Camara October 10, 2018 11:01 PM  

Jordanetics is good rhetoric. Having read up on Dianetics, and absorbed interviews from escaped Scientologists, I've noticed even those who have run screaming away from Scientology have insisted that the introductory parts of it are worthwhile and useful.

Much like Peterson's "make your bed/grow up" introductory advice, many people benefit from Scientology's initial lessons in effective thought organization, communication, and reading skills. Even the initial e-meter stuff is useful for many folks, because it causes people to confront emotional issues that are legitimately causing them problems.

Of course, its around this time Scientology starts to show its problems. The E-meter is a kooky fake tool used to justify continuous and ever-more expensive Scientology therapy sessions with a person literally recording every dark secret you throw at them in these sessions, all to blackmail you and keep you line. And the cult's indoctrination thus continues. It's not until you wake up one day locked into your room on the compound or reading some "secret" gnostic text about Xenu and volcanic explosions that you realize what a crock it all is.

Same thing with Peterson. His followers repeat nonsense like "race doesn't matter" and "Kavanaugh must resign" and "nationalism is evil", all because he stood up for five minutes against trannies and told people communism was bad and your bed needs a-making. It's a devlishly clever con.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash October 10, 2018 11:01 PM  

Stannous Baratheon wrote:A friend of mine made the exact same suggestion to a week ago, that Kavanaugh ought to step down because there was now just too much bad blood.
He's telling you exactly where he would have given up. He probably recognized that in the actual case, Kavanaugh, and by extension Trump, wouldn't actually quit. He's saying "I couldn't stand it, why won't he just give up like I would?"

Blogger Up from the pond October 10, 2018 11:16 PM  

Jordeo-Peterson could have said,

"Oops! I'm a leaf who hasn't really followed this at all. I only heard it was a controversial nomination. So I thought, well maybe he could win then resign. Didn't know the context. I need to spend less time on Twitter because I'm tempted to do hot takes. Apologies."

IOW he could have said: it's my fault, I made an error. That's what any normal honest person would do.

But no.

He can't admit error. That, in itself, is a bad sign.

He has to justify himself. He has to double-down. He has to explain and explain, explain that he's right. Probably because it wasn't really a mistake - he meant it, it's what he really thinks.

Blogger R.G. Camara October 10, 2018 11:20 PM  

@ Up from the pond

As Vox wrote, SJWs consider any confession of guilt/wrongdoing not as an apology, but as a confession to a crime, to be used to flog the confession in a show trial. Consequently, they have a gamma-like refusal to admit to any failure or wrongdoing, as they fear the show trial they themselves cheer on for others.

Blogger Jack Amok October 10, 2018 11:23 PM  

Ha. After the Mitt Romney "War on Women" libel, the flurry of sexual assault accusations against Donald Trump immediately before the 2016 election (never mentioned by the media since), Roy Moore's thot patrol troubles...

Now Steve, Jordie is a Canuck, he can hardly be expected to know the history of every obscure Colonial politician like Trump, Moore, Clarence Thomas or Robert Bork. He may assume American leftists are as sane and rational as... well, as no leftists ever have been but Canadians are required by law to pretend they are.

Alternately, he's either an enemy agent or else dumb as a box of lobsters. I say we throw in him the box of lobsters to find out.

Blogger Jack Amok October 10, 2018 11:29 PM  

He's telling you exactly where he would have given up...He's saying "I couldn't stand it, why won't he just give up like I would?"

Excellent observation Snidely. This guy is like so many gun control advocates, so ashamed of what they know to be their own cowardice that they want to outlaw bravery.

A man who refused to shelter in place is an intolerable reproach to their own shortcomings.

Blogger Jack Amok October 10, 2018 11:32 PM  

Hmmmm, Jack's Law of LSMV:

Ugly women want to outlaw beauty; craven men want to outlaw bravery.

Blogger bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) October 10, 2018 11:32 PM  

OT:
an entire racing series is being formed which is wholly devoted to the spectacle of mass Hultgreen-Curie.

https://wseries.com/

Blogger Azimus October 10, 2018 11:51 PM  

"It doesn’t bode well for the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps–perhaps–there is nothing more important to preserve than that"

Anybody else think of Patrick Henry:

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!"

Blogger Up from the pond October 10, 2018 11:51 PM  

Jordeo-Peterson isn't as smart as he thinks he is. He gives hot takes on things outside of his reasonable area of expertise (which is prob his clinical practice, idk).

1. He explains that Kavanaugh should resign as Chief Justice, when Kavanaugh is not Chief Justice.
2. He explains that "racism" is unscientific, using a 40+ year old theory that he's apparently unaware was long ago identified as fallacious (Lewontin's Fallacy).
3. He can't (won't) properly interpret the data on Jewish IQ.
4. He "explains" the Bible to adoring crowds, after reading it for the first time.

Even disregarding everything else we know about him, just these four points (there are more) show that he's a provincial mediocrity trying to be a guru.

It's worse, of course.

Blogger buzzardist October 10, 2018 11:59 PM  

How curious, in all of Peterson's deliberations, considerations, and options for what Kavanaugh might and ought to do, that he never landed on this one:

Get confirmed and then proceed to be the best, most unassailable justice on the court.


Peterson starts from the premises that someone else or some other time would promote more unity and harmony and that unity and harmony are paramount in society. Both premises are false.

The current state of the Left is such that no one to the right of Elizabeth Warren is acceptable for any role in public life, particularly a high government office. No one Trump nominates would be accepted by at least 45 percent of the country, and at least 10-15 percent of the radical Left would be vitriolic in their protests.

Peterson tries to come up with this brilliant trap to catch the Leftists at their game--nominate someone else and see if the Lefties do the same thing to that person. But that's stupid. We already know the liberal game plan. Gaining more evidence of it is not going to add silver linings to defeat.

Unity and harmony may be desirable in society in the right conditions, but there is no gesture that would bring them about in our current state of politics, nor are they even desirable under current conditions. No good comes out of forging unity with people who are so married to falsehoods. No harmony is possible with people who are determined to destroy Western culture and Christianity. Harmony with the Left means letting them have their way, which is precisely what Peterson's surrender monkey thought experiment ultimately would do.

Peterson is pursuing a false idol, and the grand gesture that he proposes wouldn't even achieve that idol.

Blogger SciVo October 11, 2018 12:00 AM  

Steve wrote:The media behaved as if in agreement not to provide any actual reporting on Ford until receiving further instructions. They're still covering for her, in fact. I wonder if they planned this via JournoList 2.0, or just had the native cunning to understand that Ford's story wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny?

A bit of column A, a bit of column B? Perhaps the "credible" mantra was an analogue to the "debunked" of PizzaStorm, a signal that "here be dragons, look no further."

And like good servile bootlickers, the MSM jumped to obey; or rather, all they had to do was remain crouched before their masters. "Do nothing," the favorite order of sloths, cowards, and the weak-spirited.

Blogger GammaCatch October 11, 2018 12:00 AM  

My guess: JBP will pull the Bill Nye act in years to come if he does not off himself after this.

Blogger Up from the pond October 11, 2018 12:33 AM  

If you were in JP's position, what would you do?

I would tweet, "Thanks for the support. It has been fun. I'm now returning to my clinical practice" and delete all my social media and stop lecturing. Then eat a reasonable diet and taper off the meds.

He has made his fortune already. Even if he is sick of his practice, he could end it and travel, sell rugs for fun, read books other than Jung et al, read some Alt★Hero comic books.

It seems that it would be so easy even for someone in his current position to turn to a more decent life.

Why he apparently isn't doing this is a tell of his problems, IMO. He is seemingly compelled to be a fake Jesus.

All would-be Jesuses have one thing in common. They don't believe in Jesus.

Blogger bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) October 11, 2018 12:50 AM  

65. Snidely Whiplash October 10, 2018 11:01 PM
He's telling you exactly where he would have given up.


to the extent that you discount Jordie Peterson's rise to fame as an extensive psyop, this idea is already disproven.

Peterson has received vociferous criticism on an international basis.

one thing about Leftists you must remember:
their base Hypocrisy.

they ALWAYS preach one principle for YOU, while refusing to abide by it for themselves.

so, Peterson receives millions in donations explicitly for REFUSING to kneel before the Borg.

but he demands that Kavanaugh NOT follow the route to success which Jordie already knows worked for himself.

things that make you say, "hmmmm".

Blogger Snidely Whiplash October 11, 2018 2:08 AM  

bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) wrote:

to the extent that you discount Jordie Peterson's rise to fame as an extensive psyop, this idea is already disproven.


I was talking about the other guy.
But in this case, no, Peterson got exactly to that point when he gave in.
He was nominated.
He was confirmed.
Then he surrendered.

Blogger S. Thermite October 11, 2018 2:30 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger S. Thermite October 11, 2018 2:40 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger S. Thermite October 11, 2018 2:50 AM  

What sort over overly-wordy, fake-stream-of-consciousness pseudo-illumination can we expect next from Jordie la Forgery? Perhaps an exposition on how his terrible, horrible, no-good cider-drinking experience (Cider House Rules?) mirrors Eve in the Garden, or Socrates’s forced hemlock imbibery. With a tie-in to Ecclesiastes’s “Nothing new under the sun” of course. Archetypes...archetypes everywhere! Also, Snow White eating the poisoned apple...if there’s no Disney tie-in it’s not Woke enough. Lift your Lobsteritas high, Bucko! Only Peterson can put the Pro in Pronouns, amirite?!

Any sufficiently-addled midwit can speak Bafflegab...

Blogger Gregory the Great October 11, 2018 3:05 AM  

Rule 13: regularly check if any of the side effects of your pills are setting in. If so increase the dose.

Blogger Nick Siekierski October 11, 2018 3:50 AM  

In case anyone needed confirmation that Peterson is a loon, this is it. His stream of consciousness schtick may work to fool many on video but when it’s written down its painfully clear that most of his “thinking” is incoherent, the rest is dishonest. No one was angry at the “manner” of the confirmation hearings, they were angry either because they bought the lies about Kavanaugh or they saw what a transparent political hit job it was.

Blogger tublecane October 11, 2018 4:12 AM  

I check Peterson's feed to see whatwhat he wants us to believe is on his mind, and find him blaming Twitter for his unpopular opinions. He links me to a Sam Harris YouTube clip on Kavanaugh, and that objective and judicious bright is against Kavanaugh because he was a "drunk Christian jock a-hole." Which I take it is the worst thing a person can be to Sam Harris.

He also insists that everyone his and Kavanaugh's age know what the word "boof" is, full-stop. No exceptions. Therefore, Kavanaugh raped.

Blogger Resident Moron™ October 11, 2018 4:20 AM  

@Noah B

You have destroyed this man.

He, he ... broke him.

Seriously tho, the man has destroyed himself. Other people can insult you, assault you, even kill you.

Only you can destroy you.

Blogger Shimshon October 11, 2018 4:20 AM  

That's some breathless verbiage! JP writes like a girl. A long-winded girl. He (also) uses (way) too many (parenthetical) statements, (just) like a girl. I could go (on). Does he secretly identify as one?

Blogger Zwiebel October 11, 2018 4:44 AM  

What does he mean, he can't offer an idea for discussion on Twitter? Of course he can. He has. It was dismissed as stupid. End.

It's not less stupid just because he adds more words to it.

Blogger OGRE October 11, 2018 5:41 AM  

@85 tublecane

I listened to that Sam Harris video a couple days ago. I knew full well what to expect, but I was still taken aback at the level of self-delusion involved. They want to act so certain about what was meant by the yearbook slang, when theres plenty of evidence that contradicts it which is so conveniently ignored. But I guess its hard for atheists to step out of that mindset: "I don't want it to be true, therefore it isn't. Thats the way it works!"

Blogger Don't Call Me Len October 11, 2018 5:53 AM  

"I asked myself a question . . ."

"and I am such a spineless wondertard, I couldn't give a clear correct answer to my own question."

His "stream of consciousness" sure has a lot of weasel words flowing through it: perhaps, might, virtually, in some manner, hopefully.

And what sort of basic bitch mewls about "discomfort" in an adversarial arena such as politics? Al Bundy was right: "And I'm telling you, your kid is going to end up a sissy mary if you don't let him play sports."

Blogger InformationMerchant October 11, 2018 6:36 AM  

Ooh, the 51% opposition from a CNN poll compared to the 55% approval of most other polls going around. Well, the Presidential elections would have the same problem and a lifetime supreme court appointment is designed to counter momentary whims of the plurality of the population (ie democracy).

"It doesn’t bode well for the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps–perhaps–there is nothing more important to preserve than that)."

He could have just tweeted this, it'd have saved everyone time. He's said this kind of thing before, this shouldn't surprise anyone that actually listens to what he says, but his followers tend not to do that.

So far he's sticking to his typical advocacy of the right appeasing the left.

The patriotism well has been poisoned by Scott Adams when he suggested the FBI letting Clinton off the hook despite being guilty was due to patriotism.

"It might be acceptable to wait a month and test the democratic waters: if the Republicans do well in November"

That's the entire Democrat goal.

His other two reasons are laughably bad.

If the Democrats do it again, we'll know they're lying. As if the drugging and gang raping parties might have happened.

His other reason is amazing, moral upper hand. He's got to be digging himself in deeper, surely?

"here’s a mea culpa (in keeping with my conviction that it is best to look to your own misbehavior if things go sideways): It was an error for me to use Twitter to express such thoughts, particularly in the condensed form that Twitter requires."

1: He's only sorry he said this on twitter. So far his entire blog post hasn't changed what he did.

He's complaining about certainty but he used 6 words in his tweet. He could have put "maybe" or "maybe the best thing would be" or "perhaps" or "I'm considering the option that" in front of his tweet. The character limit allowed for that before they doubled it.

There's something about when he mentions talking to his son that's interesting but I can't quite articulate it. It's a private conversation with someone no one knows but it seems to be his go-to when he needs to dig himself out of a hole. (The Faith Goldy incident come to mind.)

"I would also say, however, that Kavanaugh compromised himself somewhat during this process. [...] But I don’t exactly buy his explanations of his high school slang, nor his refusal to admit drinking to the point of being unable to remember. It’s very common for young men to joke in a denigrating manner about women, often to mask their fear (and very rarely as a consequence of genuine anger) and it doesn’t require that much alcohol to produce failure of memory (certainly no more than the typical wild-partying teenager might imbibe, particular before the development of tolerance for drink and familiarity with the effects of over-indulgence). I also think that he made a strategic mistake insisting upon the partisan nature of the nomination process (even though what he said was at least in part accurate). That wasn’t timed well. Kavanaugh made mistakes."

Well, he kept digging. As his only apology was for making a tweet rather than a blog post and he doesn't seem to be of the opinion that he was actually wrong, merely that he's open to the possibility that he could've been wrong (he said that on twitter), I'm fairly sure he's made it worse. His weaseling might get some of his followers off of his back but in terms of substance, he hasn't added anything that helps him.

Blogger Boorn Boorm October 11, 2018 8:31 AM  

The most disingenuous part is that the opposition to Kavanaugh is genuine. NO! It's almost all manufactured. The largest scandal here is with Senator Feinstein. There are no excuses, it leaked WITH HER, and so the BUCK STOPS WITH FEINSTEIN.

To understand how people like Owen Benjamin feel, here is a good link!
https://media.giphy.com/media/4ay2l5wyVAFvG/giphy.gif

Blogger Damelon Brinn October 11, 2018 9:37 AM  

IOW he could have said: it's my fault, I made an error. That's what any normal honest person would do.

That would only be honest if what you suggest was true, that he spoke without understanding the situation and made a mistake.

I don't think that's the case at all. I think he was following the situation and understood it as well as most people, and thought he was offering a clever new take that would make him look smart. His followup attempts to defend the position before abandoning it show that it wasn't an uninformed, off-the-cuff idea.

Denying all that would be no more honest than the usual celebrity dodge of claiming he was hacked.

Blogger bosscauser October 11, 2018 9:48 AM  

Jordan who?

Blogger Nostromo October 11, 2018 10:25 AM  

Again the abscence of a like button is missed. Thumbs up, with a Fonzie "Aaaaaaaaaaaaa...".

Blogger Lance E October 11, 2018 11:10 AM  

Damelon Brinn wrote:he was following the situation and understood it as well as most people, and thought he was offering a clever new take that would make him look smart.

And most of his fence-sitting fans would have forgiven him if he'd simply owned up to that and admitted that he flubbed the execution.

He wouldn't have deserved the forgiveness; but in any case, he just couldn't do it and instead spent a half-dozen rambling pages digging the hole even deeper.

There is a category of people who look brave to us for not apologizing to SJWs - until we find out that they never apologize to anyone, no matter how deep that hole is.

Blogger Edgar Abbey October 11, 2018 4:13 PM  

PETERSON: It doesn’t bode well for the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps–perhaps–there is nothing more important to preserve than that).

My first thought on that comment was how similar it sounds to comments made by communist governments like China in the 90s, whenever they were criticized by the United States. To the left, there is nothing more important than stability of the state.

Blogger SirHamster October 11, 2018 9:51 PM  

buzzardist wrote:Peterson tries to come up with this brilliant trap to catch the Leftists at their game--nominate someone else and see if the Lefties do the same thing to that person. But that's stupid. We already know the liberal game plan. Gaining more evidence of it is not going to add silver linings to defeat.

Where do you get the idea that JBP is setting a trap to hurt Leftists?

JBP advises Kavanaugh to cravenly throw away his hard-won confirmation, enabling the Left to retake lost ground and claim victory.

It's a trap, alright, but not for the Left.

Blogger CYGNUS FACETIOUS October 12, 2018 3:00 AM  


R.G. Camara wrote:I've noticed even those who have run screaming away from Scientology have insisted that the introductory parts of it are worthwhile and useful.
It's all fun and games until the Ascended Master -- whom is also your Hot Cousin -- insists on pegging you.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash October 12, 2018 2:12 PM  

"It doesn’t bode well for the stability and peace of the state (and perhaps–perhaps–there is nothing more important to preserve than that)."
There's the word-doubling tell that Vox has pointed out. This is the core lie of his statement.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts