ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Mailvox: R U bored?

A Youtube commenter wonders if I find life to be boring:
Because of your understanding of human behavior, is life boring to you? Or have you lost your faith in humanity?
People are mostly boring to me. Their behavior is highly predictable, both on the micro and macro levels. I have no interest in what Suzy said about Jennifer or in learning that yet another alpha or gamma has offered additional evidence to support what I know to be his natural behavioral patterns. An Alpha cheated on his wife? Quelle surprise! A Gamma is depressed because his One True Love failed to return his affections? Color me shocked! A Delta's wife thinks he works too hard and was wrongly passed over for promotion? Will wonders never cease!

But I have not lost my faith in humanity because my faith is it is not based on unpredictability or entertainment. My faith in humanity is continually refreshed by the small tokens of good faith, of loyalty, of generosity, and of self-sacrifice that I witness on a daily basis.

While people are boring, life is always intriguing. I wouldn't be bored if I had 500 lives to live. Every day, I wish there were more hours because there are so many different things I would like to do, so many questions to answer, so many objectives to accomplish.

And I haven't even begun to write what I anticipate will be my magnum opus. AODAL is merely the warmup.

Labels: ,

68 Comments:

Blogger inthebriarpatch October 21, 2018 11:06 AM  

I hate sleep. I could be doing and learning.

Blogger CoolHand October 21, 2018 11:25 AM  

I realize I have no room to talk here, since I've been "building" the same racecar chassis for five or six years now, but if you really do have a magnum opus in you and it's not AODAL, you're gonna have to increase the pace a bit, or you will be dead before it is written.

It's entirely understandable why it's taking so long, you already produce more work than two or three normal people, I'm just sayin'.

I have to keep telling myself the same thing about that chassis, or I'm going to be too old to run the damned thing before I get it done.

Unfortunately, I have nothing like your prodigious quantity of unrelated output to present as an excuse for my own lack of progress.

Whatever your opus ends up being, I hope you get it written, because if AODAL is your warm up act, your ultimate work will be something for the ages.

I also hope you finish AODAL before you move on though. I am very much looking forward to seeing how that story resolves.

Blogger Laughingdog October 21, 2018 11:26 AM  

Now that you mention AODAL, is there any estimate on when the final book in that will be out?

The *only* thing about Sea of Skulls I found disappointing was when I was about 80% through it, and realized "Oh crap, this isn't the final book. Now I have to wait to find out how it ends."

I haven't felt that way about a story since I was a teenager, and had far lower expectations in an author's ability to tell a story.

Blogger Silent Draco October 21, 2018 11:51 AM  

Ah, so there may be a Magnum Sacrificium, as counterpart to the Silmarillion and Lost Tales? The mind boggles at origin tales of Amorr, the Elven kingdoms, and the great fight against the Witch Kings.

Seriously, you're challenging all you readers on a daily basis to up our individual games and keep them up. We can improve others' faith in humanity by our continued small acts of charity (caritas) and good faith. Thanks for pushing us to improve our individual efforts.

Blogger Jackie Chun October 21, 2018 11:59 AM  

I'll have to check alphagame again, I don't remember deltas marrying women who act like a middle-class lady Macbeth.

Blogger seeingsights October 21, 2018 12:01 PM  

Low intellects are interested in people.
Mid level intellects are interested in events.
High intellects are interested in ideas.

Blogger Jefferson Kim October 21, 2018 12:06 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Revelation Means Hope October 21, 2018 12:17 PM  

The question comes from a place of nihilism. Major tell.

The Christian could never, ever be bored in this life. Your life is connected with the source of joy, with peace, with wisdom, and most of all love. There is too much of creation to study, learn, and so much to do that there just aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish a fraction of it.

Understanding people just means that you don't waste time pondering over why people do this or that, who is doing what to whom, and what was said at what time for what reason. Pretty simple, really. And really reinforces that sense of joy and peace and yes, love. Because if you accept that Most People Are Idiots, you can take them as they are, and stop trying to force them into some mold of how you would have done things in their position.

Blogger rekrapt October 21, 2018 12:38 PM  

inthebriarpatch wrote:I hate sleep. I could be doing and learning.

I completely agree. The worst thing about living is having to sleep. So much time lost.

Blogger McChuck October 21, 2018 12:49 PM  

Proof that there is still some joy in life:
Flamingos mobbing a t-rex.
https://oldnfo.org/2018/10/21/decorations/halloween-decorations-2/

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook October 21, 2018 12:54 PM  

Good to hear the saddest thing to see is a smart person who hates life.

Blogger maniacprovost October 21, 2018 1:05 PM  

The trouble with anticipating your next work is you lose interest in the current one.

The solution is to figure out a way to make the current job better without increasing the total work requirement.

Blogger Homesteader October 21, 2018 1:14 PM  

Ennui is a disorder of the spirit; a form of vanity, really.

It's the assumption that we've seen it all; that all of God's works have been revealed to us.

How foolish.

Blogger Blume October 21, 2018 1:21 PM  

@Jackie Chun, it's just the major quality of a delta will be hard working and his wife will appreciate his best qualities and expect others to see them as well.

Blogger Resident Moron™ October 21, 2018 1:28 PM  

"And I haven't even begun to write what I anticipate will be my magnum opus. AODAL is merely the warmup."

You bloody tease. Just finish the book already.

Blogger Zaklog the Great October 21, 2018 1:31 PM  

Tangentially related: Valerie Jarret describing Obama as having been bored his entire life was amusing to me. She offered this as evidence of his superior intelligence. I don't think genuinely intelligent people are easily bored. A smart person can find something or create something to occupy his mind out of almost nothing.

Not to brag, but if I'm stuck with nothing else to do, I can pull up one of the dozens of poems I've memorized, recite it, and think about it a while. I can hold a conversation in my own head with some of the great minds of history, by virtue of committing their works to memory.

Being easily bored is a mark of immaturity, not intelligence.

Blogger Zaklog the Great October 21, 2018 1:39 PM  

By the way, a minor bit of self-promotion mixed with Castalia House promotion. Fans of Kai Wai Cheah's work may find this discussion of No Gods, Only Daimons interesting.

Blogger tublecane October 21, 2018 1:41 PM  

"Only boring people are bored" runs through my head whenever I feel inclined to wallow in boredom .Because there must always be something to do. If one can't find the right people with whom to interact, one can always pull an unread book off the shelf or learn the piano or run a mile. I think boredom has a lot to do with laziness.

But then there's spiritual or psychology lassitude. Great men had dark periods of inactivity. Churchill had his famous "black dog." But that ought to be temporary.

Some book, can't remember which but I think it was Barzun, posited boredom as a great unexplored aspect of the human condition. And a dangerous one at that. How much trouble is started on its account? Saul Bellow, I think, talked or had a character talk of writing a History of Boredom. Somebody should get on that.

Blogger Gregory the Great October 21, 2018 1:41 PM  

Resident Moron™ wrote:"And I haven't even begun to write what I anticipate will be my magnum opus. AODAL is merely the warmup."

You bloody tease. Just finish the book already.


Damn right, waiting too.

Blogger Timmy3 October 21, 2018 1:43 PM  

Older and grumpier. That’s life.

Blogger tublecane October 21, 2018 1:43 PM  

@13- Kierkegaard's Repitition is intriguing on that subject.

Blogger tublecane October 21, 2018 1:55 PM  

@16- Of course, smart people very easily can be bored under the right conditions. But Obama went to Columbia and Harvard, worked at the University of Chicago, and was in Chicago, Illinois, and national politics. What, none of that challenged him enough? He was too cool for all those schools?

Stupid people are bored all the time. Intelligence has no special claim to boredom. Thinking boredom is evidence of intelligence reminds me of people who think depression is a sign of profundity or autism causes creativity. Do they know how many autistes are retards? How utterly uninteresting most depressed people are?

Spend any time in the mental health industry and you'll realize you might as well be at the DMV.

Blogger Thumos October 21, 2018 2:03 PM  

Homesteader wrote:Ennui is a disorder of the spirit; a form of vanity, really.

It's the assumption that we've seen it all; that all of God's works have been revealed to us.

How foolish.


Ennui is a phenomenon of modern, bourgeois liberalism. The thing about the modern world with its materialist worldview/presupposition is that it makes God a nonstarter, it makes the world profoundly uninteresting, and it is destructive to knowledge, simply due to the limited epistemology of observation/empiricism. This enlightenment crap is man's attempted apotheosis. "Has not god made foolish the wisdom of the world?" The only way out is to change our entire worldview, and that directly relates what Vox says about Christianity vis-a-vis the West. When you really hone your faith see Genesis 1:31, every bit of matter testifies loudly to the glory of God, and the depths of it all demand investigation. The reason all these alt-right guys are "blackpilled" and drinking themselves stupid on livestreams and bickering with each other is because they're bougie enlightenment liberals who think they're all woke and redpilled because they rejected racial equality. l

Blogger Up from the pond October 21, 2018 2:36 PM  

Staying up late almost every night is a good way to have an early heart attack. You would be better off smoking two cigars to the butt every day. I don't care what organic fruit you consume.

Blogger Avalanche October 21, 2018 2:54 PM  

@6 "High intellects are interested in ideas."

Which is why we're often without anyone to talk with!

Blogger bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) October 21, 2018 3:00 PM  

2. CoolHand October 21, 2018 11:25 AM
I realize I have no room to talk here, since I've been "building" the same racecar chassis



what class?

Blogger Johnny October 21, 2018 3:01 PM  

22

>>Thinking boredom is evidence of intelligence reminds me of people who think depression is a sign of profundity or autism causes creativity. Do they know how many autistes are retards?

A form of wishful thinking. Lets all pretend they are other abled, because it makes a nicer world.


>>How utterly uninteresting most depressed people are?

I can't remember the details of it anymore, I think it was in France about fifty years ago. Back then a study was made of how people ended up in a mental institution. It turned out that what got people locked up in the nut house had almost nothing to do with the mental health care industry. The thing is that what caused the future patients to end up at the entry was almost never a mental health care professional, and nearly everybody who was brought in was accepted as a patient. Thus it was the non professionals that caused a person to get locked up.

What it amounts to is that a person can be nutty as hell, but if they can get by and are not unduly irritating, there was a good chance they would never get locked up. Of course now there is a good chance we would not warehouse them regardless.

Blogger Peaceful Poster October 21, 2018 3:03 PM  

SJW's would lock us all up.

Blogger Johnny October 21, 2018 3:07 PM  

While boredom can be a matter of circumstance, from what I have seen boredom is mainly a matter of temperament. Some people find things to be interested in, and some don't, and still others don't mind being mentally empty.

Blogger Ahärôwn October 21, 2018 3:20 PM  

Being easily bored is a mark of immaturity, not intelligence.

Indeed - I haven't complained of boredom since I was a child.

Blogger L. Beau October 21, 2018 4:01 PM  

I appreciated and agreed with every word of this post. It's now on my hard drive.

Blogger Lance E October 21, 2018 4:27 PM  

seeingsights wrote:Low intellects are interested in people.

Mid level intellects are interested in events.

High intellects are interested in ideas.


Is that so? Color me skeptical.

Intellectuals, particularly introverted ones, are interested primarily in ideas. "High intellect" covers a much wider range of people including many extroverts and "makers".

I don't think Vox added the word "mostly" for no reason. People are mostly boring because most people are average and predictable. I am also bored by most people... but some people are fascinating to me.

Likewise, there are many ideas I've heard thousands of times before and find extremely boring - one of those being the idea that there are these neat little tiers of intellect that correspond precisely to interests and personality types.

Blogger SmokeyJoe October 21, 2018 4:28 PM  

"...life is always intriguing. I wouldn't be bored if I had 500 lives to live. Every day, I wish there were more hours because there are so many different things I would like to do." -VD-

I so agree!

So many books. So many places to visit and explore. So much knowledge, history to uncover, things to experience. Yet nappy time and dreamland, however necessary and pleasant it can be, would suit me if just a bit less time consuming!

And thank you Vox and Ilk for the mind expanding concepts, thoughts and perceptions.

Blogger GammaCatch October 21, 2018 4:36 PM  

The best thing about getting older, if you've done things right, is having the infrastructure of experience and wealth. Being content is one hell of a reward for years of BS and if, the sooner, you get there the better you can measure your success in life.

Blogger Dirk Manly October 21, 2018 4:39 PM  

@16

" I don't think genuinely intelligent people are easily bored. A smart person can find something or create something to occupy his mind out of almost nothing."


Genuinely intelligent people in the U.S. spend most of their childhood being bored. They comprehend the 1-hour lesson in the first 5-10 minutes, while the rest of the class struggles to understand the 50-minute follow-up explanation to drag them the 3-steps from A to B.
When they try to do something to alleviate the boredom, most teachers will punish them for "goofing off", even if it's reading a book, rather than paying close attention to the ploddingly-paced explanation. Typically, the teacher herself can't fathom HOW the truly intelligent student can so quickly understand that once the connection between A and B is brought up, that it's fairly obvious... because she herself struggled with it for days...possibly weeks before she finally mastered it.

The key sign of a kid who's really intelligent is that unless he's going out to play, he never leaves the house without a book in his hand -- precisely for the purpose of making sure that he's not bored once he arrives at wherever he has to wait for something...or while sitting in the car travelling back and forth. The smarter kids usually bring 2 or more books.

Blogger Dirk Manly October 21, 2018 4:52 PM  

@28

"SJW's would lock us all up."

SJW's would kill us all, through whatever means they can figure out. (And a lot of them, they can't figure out...)

Blogger Stickwick Stapers October 21, 2018 4:56 PM  

My best buddy in college once said he wanted to live hundreds of years, so he could go on learning and experiencing all kinds of things. I was an atheist at the time, and I still found the notion horrifying.

I'm not an unhappy person, but I hate this fallen world with every ounce of my being. It's like a prison sentence. Because God is merciful, it won't last very long. I have a purpose that drives me to be productive every day -- and there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I need to do -- but the one thing that really keeps me going is knowing that every moment I'm here is just one minute I'm closer to being with Jesus.

Blogger Tracy Coyle October 21, 2018 5:05 PM  

When I tell people I plan on living to 137 (at least), they always ask WHY!?? I tell them, it will take at least that long to do what I want to do NOW... Who knows what else I will want to put on my plate later. (I'm 60 now)

I can not understand the people that only want to live to 60, or 70... damn little time

Blogger Silent Draco October 21, 2018 5:14 PM  

Not being a true Son of the South (other side of the family), the phrase "I'm bored" makes a good substitute for "Well, Bless Your Little Heart." My friends hear that and know someone is in big trouble.

Think of a large Maine Coon Cat amusing itself with a German Shepherd.

Blogger Michael Maier October 21, 2018 5:52 PM  

Stickwick Stapers wrote:My best buddy in college once said he wanted to live hundreds of years, so he could go on learning and experiencing all kinds of things. I was an atheist at the time, and I still found the notion horrifying.

I'm not an unhappy person, but I hate this fallen world with every ounce of my being. It's like a prison sentence. Because God is merciful, it won't last very long. I have a purpose that drives me to be productive every day -- and there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I need to do -- but the one thing that really keeps me going is knowing that every moment I'm here is just one minute I'm closer to being with Jesus.


Wow... that's rather surprising, considering your other writings.

Blogger Rex Leroy King October 21, 2018 6:13 PM  

Stickwick Stapers wrote:My best buddy in college once said he wanted to live hundreds of years, so he could go on learning and experiencing all kinds of things. I was an atheist at the time, and I still found the notion horrifying.

One of the vilest things Borges wrote was "The Library of Babel", in which humans are trapped in a vast library where each book contains apparently randomly generated text. There seems to be no end to the library, and people occasionally find books which have a few intelligible words or sentences.

I take this as an attack on eternity.

Blogger Rex Leroy King October 21, 2018 6:15 PM  

The promise of Christianity is resurrection with an imperishable body, and all the time to learn and do all the things we can't here. And then to share them and talk over them with billions of new friends.

Blogger Stickwick Stapers October 21, 2018 6:26 PM  

The promise of Christianity is resurrection with an imperishable body, and all the time to learn and do all the things we can't here. And then to share them and talk over them with billions of new friends.

Precisely. Of all people, I knew you would understand.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia October 21, 2018 6:29 PM  

Zaklog the Great wrote:Tangentially related: Valerie Jarret describing Obama as having been bored his entire life was amusing to me. She offered this as evidence of his superior intelligence. I don't think genuinely intelligent people are easily bored. A smart person can find something or create something to occupy his mind out of almost nothing.

Being easily bored is a mark of immaturity, not intelligence.


It's also a sign of emptiness and solipsism. When all you have is yourself, and your self is empty, boredome ensues.

With Obama, people confused smooth talking with intelligence. He's the perfect creature formed from the vacuous academy. Sounding good always gets you far in that world.

Blogger North October 21, 2018 6:58 PM  

Obama wasn’t bored, that is just the bs narrative that says Obama could have done anything cause he’s so smart but instead he suffers through the boredom to be a community organizer for you, it’s a weird false Jesus story of sacrifice for the common man. In real life he’s s guy who never did anything substantial but is constantly praised.

Blogger SciVo October 21, 2018 7:23 PM  

If our self-styled "elites" were actually half as smart as they seem to think they are, then they would be busy enough with their own stuff that they wouldn't need to try to run/ruin everyone else's lives. They'd be fine with letting a guy be happy just riding his quad and providing for his family, like a guy that I met at the bar this one time, who had nothing to talk about. Life doesn't have to be complicated to be meaningful.

Blogger Scott Birch October 21, 2018 7:28 PM  

There are plenty. Women are never satisfied and the wives of deltas are not satisfied with society's assessment of their competent and helpful mate.

Blogger Ahärôwn October 21, 2018 7:41 PM  

The promise of Christianity is resurrection with an imperishable body, and all the time to learn and do all the things we can't here. And then to share them and talk over them with billions of new friends.

I'm looking forward to that.

Blogger Garuna October 21, 2018 7:51 PM  

OT: Roosh got a tip that Peterson cucked on Kavanaugh because he's about to cash-in with a TV show.

9:00 - 11:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcFE1zh8r_M&t=9m3s

Blogger Johnny October 21, 2018 8:56 PM  

The thing about Obama is that he was very likely the smartest one among his peers when he was young and he always thought of himself as the anointed one. Then as one of the successful black guys he had white people pandering to him. He had the the kind of attitude a royal is apt to get if they know they are headed for the throne; if not guilt, then the self sanctification of knowing they have it coming.

Obama's vanity was so complete he didn't even feel he had to work at being president. That is why Obamcare is such a screwed up mess. Put together by Congress, it is what Congress will always produce, a complete sellout to the special interests. And if the rest of us don't like it, then it is our fault, not his.

And so when he wasn't pandering to his vanity in some way, or in some recreational activity, he would be bored because their was nothing else.

Blogger LP999-16 October 21, 2018 9:02 PM  

Youtube or utubebidbigsocial is like the yahoo IM mentality so of course they will ask insulting silly questions.

49 good. thanks to Vox. also if you recall Roosh heard or must have heard a previous peris' from months back on JP - Roosh is very aware, very dependable always informative. Roosh helps men, JP, well, costs young men their girlfriends which could be LTR's.

Besides Baby metal is news and so is new Disturbed - its at youtube.

Blogger Josh Randle October 21, 2018 9:45 PM  

"And I haven't even begun to write what I anticipate will be my magnum opus. AODAL is merely the warmup."

-heavy breathing intesifies-

Blogger CoolHand October 21, 2018 9:54 PM  

bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) wrote:2. CoolHand October 21, 2018 11:25 AM

I realize I have no room to talk here, since I've been "building" the same racecar chassis


what class?


Around here they're just called "Modifieds", basically a highly modified open wheel oval racing car based on the front half of an American made passenger car frame. That and the front lower control arms are the only stock parts on these cars. Everything else is either built from scratch or highly modified before use.

On the pavement (which is what this car will run) if you're running under NASCAR sanction they usually call them Grand American Modifieds or if ICAR sanction it's Top Speed Modifieds, Lucas Oil runs a touring series out west with the same kind of cars on pavement, and the dirt version runs all over the midwest under IMCA, UMP, USMTS, WISSOTA, NASCAR, and dozens of other sanctioning bodies.

They're probably the most popular dirt racing class in the country, being much cheaper to run than a Late Model or Super Late Model. I ran dirt modifieds for many seasons back in the 90's and early 2000's.

I'm converting one of my old bent dirt chassis to pavement, which means cutting basically everything but the front stub and the main cage off of it and starting over. Suspension and even the structure of the chassis is totally different for a pavement car, and I'm too cheap and too much of an engineer to buy a ready-made pavement car.

The one I'm working on uses a 1968 Chevelle front stub and lower control arms. Everything else is tubing, built to purpose.

I love these cars because the rule sets let you build and innovate inside a pretty wide envelope. The rule book is one page of text, front and back, and one page of crude drawings showing where the critical dimensions will be measured from.

The wide open rule set would normally get way out of hand cost wise very quickly (as an example, see ISMA Winged Super Modifieds), but in this class it is kept in check by the rule mandated spec tire, which is only 8" wide and quite hard (as racing tires go).

Doesn't make any sense to build an 800hp fire breathing engine that costs $50k, when those two rear tires will only handle about 300hp without smoking anyway.

The tires make the cars slide around a lot, and the stock stub based front suspension coupled with a purpose built rear suspension make them very challenging to drive at a high level, while keeping the cost somewhat in check.

The hard tires also keep the speeds fairly reasonable. There is a big jump in cost and construction styles for the cages when your average speed gets up over about 135mph or so. The bigger tracks and higher speeds demand tougher cages and more metal to survive the harder hits you can get where the average speed might be up over 150mph.

About the fastest places you'll find these kinds of cars are on the high bank half miles at Bristol and Winchester, and maybe a big sweeping half mile like Irwindale out in CA.

If you want to see what they look like on track, do a search at YouTube for Lucas Oil Modified Series (LOMS). There are dozens of full races from that series posted there.

Blogger wreckage October 21, 2018 10:00 PM  

Boredom is a tool. It's the form of pain that forces you to move, rather than one that punishes you for moving in the wrong direction.

Blogger InformationMerchant October 21, 2018 10:11 PM  

+1 AODAL über alles. Those books are like crack.

If your magnum opus is the economic work you spoke of when you were asked what you'd do if all your works disappeared, remember to write it while there's still time to adapt it to video lectures.

Even Hollywood, who will subject people to lectures about social justice in a movie, know that any sustained period talking about economics to the masses must be done ala The Big Short.

Blogger LP999-16 October 21, 2018 11:38 PM  

Edit: to the person whom wrote in I was not intent on stating anyone is stupid.***

Blogger Resident Moron™ October 21, 2018 11:57 PM  

My grandmother used to say to us:

“Only boring people get bored.”

Then she’d look over her glasses and say, quietly,

“Would you like me to find you something to do?”

Cured us of boredom real fast.

Blogger LP999-16 October 22, 2018 12:24 AM  

Another non applicable aspect of boredom I have only observed in life, meaning I dont really understand the status of being bored but bored lonely people are lonely for themselves in that they do not know themselves (lack of self awareness not in touch with their goals) or those around them and that is not the case with the Day's: content, Christians that are busy.

It reminds of pple saying they are 'so alone,' sure they dont know themselves or wish to expand their edu or knowledge base.

(It is the book class versus the tv heads to state it boldly.)

Blogger Dire Badger October 22, 2018 1:37 AM  

"The Invisible Plane is the fictional DC Comics superheroine Wonder Woman's venerable, though now seldom-used, mode of transport. Created by William Moulton Marston as an allegory of the feminine compliance that women of the Depression era relied on to survive in the male-dominated work place, it first appeared in Sensation Comics #1 (Jan. 1942).[1]"


This is why we do not trust wikipedia anymore. This is the very first paragraph in the 'invisible plane' entry.

The invisible plane was supposed to be a DC writer's idea of a stealth aircraft.
That was it. it was a stupid idea, but it was not an allegory for anything.

Blogger bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) October 22, 2018 1:44 AM  

hah. yes, i know what a Mod is. i've seen Teddy Christopher run a few times at New Smyrna.

whereabouts are you located? i'm assuming that when you say "Winchester", you mean IN and not VA.

Blogger CoolHand October 22, 2018 2:50 AM  

bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) wrote:hah. yes, i know what a Mod is. i've seen Teddy Christopher run a few times at New Smyrna.

whereabouts are you located? i'm assuming that when you say "Winchester", you mean IN and not VA.


Yeah, IN.

The Featherlight, SK, and Tour modifieds are a different animal to the stuff we run out here in the midwest. Much more highly refined and MUCH bigger tires than what we run here. Much more expensive too. Love to watch 'em race though, always put on a show. Wish I'd been alive to see them run at Daytona and Pocono back in the day.

Those cars are much more closely related to a Late Model or Super Modified, whereas our mods are more closely related to a Street Stock or Sportsman, because of the mandated use of the stock front stub.

Those Tour modifieds are all purpose built tube frames, no stock parts at all.

I'm in the deep dark rural backwoods of MO. I live a few miles outside the largest town in the county, which has ~1,500 people in it. Closest WalMart is a 25mi drive.

Just the one paved short track left in MO, Lebanon I-44 Speedway. Nice little 3/8mi high banked racetrack. Been there for about 40 years, just repaved back in 2007 or 2008. Very fast for such a short track.

Blogger bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) October 22, 2018 2:58 AM  

you're too far out to go visit.

give me a heads up if you trek out to Winchester some time.

Blogger CoolHand October 22, 2018 3:40 AM  

bob kuk mando ( i'm sorry you raped Andrea Dworkin and i disavow your Patriarchal Cisheteronormative Bourgeois Consciousness in shame ) wrote:you're too far out to go visit.

give me a heads up if you trek out to Winchester some time.


Will do, that's on the bucket list for sure.

Probably end with a bent racecar and a hell of a story, but that's how it goes.

Blogger The Greay Man October 22, 2018 8:13 AM  

Vox,

Keep it up Good work

Blogger MrNiceguy October 22, 2018 12:09 PM  

Somehow he predicted the YouTube comment section.

Blogger Matthew McDaniel October 22, 2018 12:54 PM  

What is it about Eco’s writing that makes you value him so much ?

Blogger LP999-16 October 22, 2018 2:53 PM  

I would imagine its boring for smarter people of higher IQ's to be inundated with stupidity so of course they'd avoid the Club Stupid.

I didn't know we have a valley jeep club. Over the weekend we went thru amazing trails on private land, paid to enter camp set up, etc. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it, it was surprisly fun, complete with pictures of waterfalls, creek beds major mud covering a jeep then a huge truck the hauling power was so cool. Then we did donuts in a ultra, beyond my mind mustang, the jeep, truck were covered in mud, I dont even know how the guys power washed the under carriage or underneath the vehicles from serious mud. The guys pulled four rubicons out of major mud then around 2 or so Saturday (Jefferson county Ohio semi redeemed itself) the rain began along with some winds. Still a new cool time I didnt even know would be fun, the foliage was so hand of God. Learned a great deal about the truck or jeep versus nature which is to be respected.

The kindness and care of others in Christ pulled me like a truck or jeep stuck in terrible mud, deep trenches unpassable hills not to cheapen my nature but brought me immense healing and moved me from the terrible outcomes of unacceptable behaviors.

Bottom line, God's love, my parents love and Christians reached me. I just didn't realize what I was asking for: "Lord, stop me, stop all this and turn me around for the best.." And sure enough in time I was vastly improved. And learned the lesson of rest and chilling out.

It was so happy and cool. What a weekend!

Blogger LP999-16 October 22, 2018 3:02 PM  

65 those youtube comments are appalling some of those people are "2faces crowd" according to my research. They use the same name/profile and are well, bores.

Moving on, life is still and always beautiful.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts