ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Darkstream: 2018 midterms live



Last night's extended Darkstream on the 2018 midterms, complete with my failed call about the Republicans successfully holding the House. Everyone enjoyed the livestream at the time, although there is apparently an amount of subsequent irritation about my having been proved incorrect. All I can say is that I legitimately did think at that time that Republicans had done what they needed to do in the early key races, and that their success in the East would carry over to the Midwest and the West. Obviously that did not happen. 

Lucius Cincinnatus asks why won't Republicans go after the white vote? Because there are way too many civic nationalists in the Republican Party. They pride themselves on considering themselves color-blind, it's integral to how they see themselves, and so it's very, very difficult for them to separate the macro from the micro. It's very difficult for them to think about the long-term implications of their position. Essentially you're trying to force people to think about the future of their children rather than how they feel about themselves.

It's very, very difficult for a civic nationalist to accept the reality of identity politics, especially when they have been taught for generations that such things are bad, and so you have to be very patient with civic nationalists and understand that it's usually not coming from a place of hypocrisy, it's not
usually coming from a place of malice or anything, it's coming from their good intentions and their
preference for thinking highly of themselves for assuming the best of others.

People have a problem differentiating between individuals and groups? Well, some people do. The Chinese do not have that problem. The Jews do not have that problem. Most people don't have that problem. Europeans have that problem because they tend to be the most individualistic people on the planet, and that was a big benefit 200 or 300 years ago, but now that travel is so much easier it is no longer a benefit of any kind. That's where you see the the problem that Europeans have in competing with other peoples. You see this on the Right as well. Look at all the people on the Right who simply refuse to cooperate.

Look who came on the Darkstream the day that IndieGoGo cancelled Alt-Hero. You know who suddenly showed up, and was suddenly, "hey, we all have to stick together." It was 2VS, old Two-Face Van Sciver, but look at what happened the moment that he called IndieGoGo and talked to them, and they reassured him that they weren't going to treat him the way that they treated us. Now,  I personally wouldn't put any faith in people who behaved like that, but he's dumb enough to do so. So people only join forces, you know individualistic people only join forces so long as they feel an  active and imminent sense of threat.

Until most people of European descent feel that way, they will not change their behavior.

Labels:

142 Comments:

Blogger Matamoros November 07, 2018 10:20 AM  

I wonder if Trump will go after the massive vote fraud that is the obvious reason why Republicans lost the house.

If Sessions was any good, he would pick 5 or 10 of the most egregious loses and go after the Democrats, not certifying the results, and if vote fraud is found (heh) then ordering revotes for those congressional districts.

Perhaps we now need a hashtag #NotMySpeaker and #NotMyHouse

Blogger Cecil Henry November 07, 2018 10:21 AM  

Two narratives exist side by side, despite their contradictory premise;

"Demographic changes are happening, inevitable and pulling the country Left, and that's a good thing!" v "Ethnicity and culture don't matter, racist!

Have better ideas, Nazi!"

The incongruity is intentional.



What Diversity™ really means: And how to tell

https://i.imgur.com/RgGbmxN.png

Blogger pyrrhus November 07, 2018 10:38 AM  

Trump not going on defense....https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/11/07/trump_celebrates_republican_gains_threatens_house_democrats_138577.html

Blogger lowercaseb November 07, 2018 10:43 AM  

We got a bloody nose last night...but it wasn't the ass kicking that was being promised. There's a lot of blessings in disguise. Garuna called it well last night:

Garuna wrote:
Biggest takeaways:

1) No blue wave

2) Trumpism is the future

3) Cuckservatism is finished

Last night really flushed a lot of NeverTrumpers out of position of leadership...that going to help a lot as we regroup this year and get ready for 2020.

Another good thing was that it was a great wakeup call. As a tribe, it seems that Europeans respond quicker to the stick rather than the carrot. The new Dems are going to be obnoxious in the house and are going to overplay their hand early. They WILL try to punish us and the civnats are going to take the brunt of it. It's not going to be a tenable position anymore because the embolden crazies will not accept the idea of a good normie white. They are going to have to choose a side.

Right now, we realized that we can not be lazy. We are wired to either be lean and fit or fat and lazy...we just don't have the genes to have a middle ground. The good news is the successes of our god-emperor show us that don't have to accept being weak. We have the leadership that shows us how to be strong and we have the danger of losing everything in 2020 to get us back into fighting form.

Blogger dienw November 07, 2018 10:44 AM  

there is apparently an amount of subsequent irritation about my having been proved incorrect

Nobody, including me, is irritated at you.

Blogger Matt Robison November 07, 2018 10:51 AM  

No one shoots 100% from the free throw line. And the game continues.

Blogger Frank Brady November 07, 2018 10:53 AM  

That the people of Kansas (KANSAS!) elected a cage-fighting lesbian socialist to displace a four-term Republican congressman says everything that needs to be said about the utter worthlessness of the Republican Party and the terminal state of public morality in the United States.

Blogger VD November 07, 2018 10:54 AM  

Nobody, including me, is irritated at you.

You might want to read the YouTube comments....

Blogger Gurpgork November 07, 2018 10:56 AM  

Needless to say, but you truly have no credibilty left Vox. ;-)

Blogger Raggededge November 07, 2018 10:57 AM  

We lost this battle, but we didn't get annihilated, so it onward and forward. Like most have already said, a lot of cucks and NeverTrumpers (I repeat myself) are done and gone, good riddance. My home state of TN got rid of Corker and replaced it was a MAGA approved Blackburn. AZ looks like it got itself rid of flaky Flake and the replacement is a MAGA approved McSally.

You could tell by the liberal response last night that they knew they'd done okay, but far from the knock out victory that they were hoping for.

Blogger electricsheeple November 07, 2018 10:58 AM  

If the Senate Majority gets to 55 or higher, which I believe it already is, then Trump can fire Sessions and replace him with his own guy pretty quickly I believe. He will have to wait to January, but Trump should have plenty of leeway in picking his own DOJ.

Blogger Out of Nod November 07, 2018 10:59 AM  

I appreciate the commentary. The key take aways:

1 - demographics is destiny
2 - it's hard to get folks to think beyond themselves
3 - gridlock is not good, but the red still has the Senate
4 - the heretics have been culled, Jesus is Lord, and Trump is the GE

Let's keep pushing the battle lines in the areas we can push - comics, books, and games!

Blogger Boorn Boorm November 07, 2018 11:02 AM  

The most honest spin for the house is that it was a good case of chemotherapy for House Republicans.

I remember reading George Will noting how even many republican conservatives were more pro-immigration that center right european parties, back in 2008.

Trump ran as a de facto third party candidate, because it's almost impossible otherwise against both parties that are pro-immigrant, pro-big state, anti-nation.

If the demise of the US is correct, it doesn't bother me. I bet the US is where the EU goes to die. Hell, maybe the US will be a true federation that way.

Blogger Warunicorn November 07, 2018 11:02 AM  

Frank Brady wrote:That the people of Kansas (KANSAS!) elected a cage-fighting lesbian socialist to displace a four-term Republican congressman says everything that needs to be said about the utter worthlessness of the Republican Party and the terminal state of public morality in the United States.

You're telling me. I live in Massachusetts. (No stranger to the terminal state of public morality.) The people voted to continue entertaining delusions and allowing trannies to use women's bathrooms. (Not to mention that c*ntwaffle Elizabeth Warren overwhelmingly won her re-election.)

The level of craziness, evil and immorality is reaching new lows. I'm OK with it all; I'll just keep fighting.

Blogger DonReynolds November 07, 2018 11:07 AM  

Very good, Vox.

The civic nationalists are determined to be color-blind, most especially the ones who do not engage in obvious virtue signaling. They are the original "magic dirt" advocates and it is a very old refrain in American history...e pluribus unum.

To myself, they are guilty of the worst sort of wishful thinking. They seem to be stuck in the 6th grade. If everyone will simply obey the rules, everything will be perfect. Those who do not can be locked away in prison for a long time, so the rest of the class can live in harmony. Too many Libertarians think like civic nationalists in this regard. One need not be an egalitarian to insist on a color-blind society. All they need to do is assume away all human differences as unimportant to YOU, even if it still matters very much to THEM.

It is a bit like being a gambler and having unlimited wealth and not being money motivated somehow. The losses do not matter....but neither do the wins. What difference does it make? They play the game for the fellowship. Who gives a damn about keeping score?

Blogger Boorn Boorm November 07, 2018 11:09 AM  

@Warunicorn
Nationalism, social conservatism, champagne socialist "social democracy, and ethnic nationalism can all be separated. I know Vox talks about naive american whites, which contribute to New England's voting patterns.
But there is also the California phenomenon; a champaigne socialist coalition of trust fund babies, technocrats, and the lowest wage and/or parasitic welfare moochers, and MEXICANS. You can count ethnic cohesion of non whites, but you can also count on nepotism and bribes funded by taxes.

Blogger English Tom November 07, 2018 11:19 AM  

@Frank Brady

Re: Kansas electing a cage fighting lesbian.

I believe that was your cue to say "we're not in Kansas anymore Toto"!

Blogger lowercaseb November 07, 2018 11:22 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger James Dixon November 07, 2018 11:24 AM  

> It's very, very difficult for a civic nationalist to accept the reality of identity politics, especially when they have been taught for generations that such things are bad...

Exactly. And I'm as guilty of that as anyone.

The final turning point for me? Kevin Williamson's article in Nation Review where he stated "The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible."

That made me finally realize that the libertarian and "conservative" principles he and National Review espoused didn't care about the people in those communities. To them principles were everything and people were merely in the way.

Well, those "downscale" communities are my people. We've lived here for hundreds of years now. We lived here long before Kevin Williamson and his "principles" came along. We've farmed our land, cut our timber, and mined our land. But to him, we deserve to die because those things are no longer important.

My people mean more to me than any abstract principles. So given that choice it was time to abandon those principles and vote for candidates who support my people. Trump was the only one who did so, so he got my vote.

And when the voting fails, as it eventually will? Well, my people haven't changed since the civil war, despite what Kevin Williamson and his ilk think. One of them was Stonewall Jackson.

Blogger Brian Dean November 07, 2018 11:36 AM  

Who here among you can interpret PZ Myer's recent comments?

https://postimg.cc/4mSXQXN5

Blogger Garuna November 07, 2018 11:37 AM  

there is apparently an amount of subsequent irritation about my having been proved incorrect.

It's just a couple of faggots. Youtube comment sections always have at least a couple of faggots.

I lost a lot of respect for Larry Schweikart though. There are people who were optimistic about the House and turned out to be wrong, like Vox and Robert Barnes, who even bet money on his prediction. That's perfectly respectable. Especially considering it wasn't far off from the real results. Dems only took the House narrowly by 11 seats after all.

But Larry spent months saying: "NO WAY they Dems get more than 15 seats! I've run the numbers! I guarantee!" He increased the guarantees as the early votes came in. And then right before the election, he started hedging like Nate Silver.

I think he was dishonestly cheerleading to get more retweets and followers from the Bill Mitchell crowd. I unfollowed.

Blogger Tars Tarkusz November 07, 2018 11:37 AM  

"Lucius Cincinnatus asks why won't Republicans go after the white vote? Because there are way too many civic nationalists in the Republican Party. They pride themselves on considering themselves color-blind, it's integral to how they see themselves, and so it's very, very difficult for them to separate the macro from the micro."

If this were actually true, it would be much better. But it's not true. The GOP and even Trump constantly name various other groups. Bragging about black unemployment or how many Mestizos voted Republican etc. The one group they will NOT name is their voter base, the white people and especially white males. The Democrats constantly name us, only they do as naming the enemy. The anti-white rhetoric is getting more and more brazen and open. No dog-whistles here either. Just open contempt and bigotry.

Blogger lowercaseb November 07, 2018 11:41 AM  

Sorry to repost...normally I ignore a typo or two, but one sentence was mangled beyond English in the last posting

For people that are worried about the crazies being empowered...this is a good thing.

They don't have the power like they do in Europe yet, and they sure as hell don't have the toughness or the discipline of the European extremists. So this means that they are going to be a huge nuisance to ordinary folks for the next 2 years. This is going to get a lot of folks to have skin in the game whether they like it or not...because the crazies have no discipline when they are winning. They are not going to reward virtue signaling normies.

We all have skin in the game now. The G-E is giving us good taste of winning, and crazies are giving us a good look at what awaits us if we lose. Americans rise when we are presented with binary choices.

Blogger Lovekraft November 07, 2018 11:42 AM  

With the economy pushing to the fore, it will be interesting to see whether groups will shift away from regular issues. If more people turn towards economic growth and the related benefits, the left's stale message will be even more odious. The alt-right will then find a new way to capitalize on this.

Blogger Boorn Boorm November 07, 2018 11:45 AM  

@20

" Who here among you can interpret PZ Myer's recent comments?

https://postimg.cc/4mSXQXN5 "

This looks like a classic case of projection. This guy defended a student desecrating the Catholic Host, which would fit any definition of hate speech that I have found at least somewhat coherent.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 07, 2018 11:52 AM  

So we only lost 23 seats. Many sitting presidents' lost far more. There is a 1-5 seat majority. Are there any blue dog Democrats left who are targets for defection? That is a seriously weak majority. Every D has to vote in lockstep. Every time. It should be harried and demoralized as much as possible.

We gained seats in the Senate.

The cucks like Yoder got BTFO.

Civic Nationalism is dying.

Trump gets to hang the economy, for better or for worse, around the Democrats' neck. He now has his foil.

Plus, we get to watch crazy people kick and scratch at the dirt for two years.

Where is the downside? We are surrounded, good! We can fire in every direction!

Blogger Garuna November 07, 2018 11:54 AM  

Who here among you can interpret PZ Myer's recent comments?

It really kills me to admit that Vox was right about free speech. Liberals used the "free speech" meme to get rid of our standards. And now they're using the "hate speech" meme to impose theirs.

Liberal behavior in these last few years has been a very persuasive case for certain kinds of right-wing authoritarianism.

Blogger Miguel November 07, 2018 11:55 AM  

You predicted early on that there would be no blue wave. You were right.

Blogger RobertT November 07, 2018 11:55 AM  

Every scenario was planned for. Losing the house won’t stop Trump’s agenda because he can switch to a more powerful Senate. He’s not in a weak position. If the Dems can’t stop the Trump train, how big a deal is the house anyway? Looking back, holding the house was basically impossible. But the Senate & the courts are clearly the key. And he got that. Moving forward.

Blogger Mister Excitement November 07, 2018 11:56 AM  

@19 James Dixon

Your journey was very similar to mine, sir.

Z Man did a podcast about this. Conservatives obsess about Economics.

Well, normal people don't really care about "The Economy."

They care about their neighborhood, their town, their kids, their people. Normal people don't sit around ruminating about economic indicators.

Blogger jandolin November 07, 2018 12:08 PM  

The final turning point for me? Kevin Williamson's article in Nation Review where he stated "The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible."

The (((neocons))) hijacked the conservative movement to advance their ethnic interests in the 1970's. The Mel Bradford controversy represented the defeat of true conservatism.

Blogger Frank Brady November 07, 2018 12:09 PM  

@26. Stg58/Animal Mother wrote, "The cucks like Yoder got BTFO."

He sure did. Yoder was an open border RINO. I see that I somehow omitted an important part of the cage fighting lesbian's bio (the one that defeated Yoder). I intended to write, "cage-fighting lesbian INDIAN socialist". She was hence the perfect triple threat candidate to appeal to suburban SJW "Republicans". Mea Culpa.

Blogger kurt9 November 07, 2018 12:10 PM  

To me, the House elections are more a result of ethnic identity than white progressivism. The lack of a "blue wave" makes clear that white progressivism is actually dying. However, that people voted along racial lines as opposed to economic self-interest suggests that what you are calling civic nationalism is also dying. My "blue" state rejected a "global warming" carbon tax. That this initiative was promoted on the argument that it was "pollution control" with no mention of global warming, a fraudulent hype, suggests to me that the global warming fraud may finally be running its course.

That this election demonstrates "demographic is destiny" does not bode well for the future of our republic. If the USA does implode around the early 30's, it will be due to a combination of factors including ethic identity politics, national debt, the possibility of losing a war with China/Russia, and the Millennial generation becoming the majority working-age population of the USA. I do not think any one of these factors alone can bring down the USA. But a combination of any of the first three factors with the Millennials running things does not bode well for the USA.

Speculation: What will a post-USA world with a Balkanized North America be like?

Blogger Dirk Manly November 07, 2018 12:12 PM  

Trump is on the radio now, listing the names of all the Republican Representatives who lost, and specifically noting those who REFUSED Trump's support of their re-election campaign (rallies, campaign ads, etc.).

Nearly every one of the losers refused Trump's "embrace" as he calls it. He particularly excoriated Mia Love for having called him frequently over some hostage situation in South America, and then turned up her nose at any campaign support from Trump. Trump sums it up as, "Too bad, Mia."

The cucks are getting a boot in the rear on the way out.

Blogger Cynic In Chief November 07, 2018 12:16 PM  

Of all the words of screen and pen
The saddest are these:
"Vox was wrong this time."

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 12:20 PM  

It's very, very difficult for a civic nationalist to accept the reality of identity politics, especially when they have been taught for generations that such things are bad, and so you have to be very patient with civic nationalists and understand that it's usually not coming from a place of hypocrisy, it's not
usually coming from a place of malice or anything, it's coming from their good intentions and their preference for thinking highly of themselves for assuming the best of others.


And yet we know the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Blogger Dirk Manly November 07, 2018 12:25 PM  

"Last night really flushed a lot of NeverTrumpers out of position of leadership...that going to help a lot as we regroup this year and get ready for 2020."

And it was fun to hear Trump dancing on their graves.

Blogger Jeffrey Johnson November 07, 2018 12:27 PM  

The more that I've thought of last night, the more convinced I am that this will probably work fairly well for the God Emperor. President Trump's biggest problem the last 2 years was Paul Ryan and the #NeverTrump cuckservatives in congress. Well guess what? Every single one of them was voted out of office.

President Trump couldn't be seen to publicly fight with his own party so he had to sit there and let them send him crappy spending bill after crappy spending bill and he couldn't veto them. He couldn't just use the military to build The Wall because then he'd have Paul Ryan and the other cuckservatives up on their hind legs talking about how he's violating 'muh Constitution or some other nonsense.

Now President Trump can use his executive powers and the GOP cucks will say nothing because they want to get back into power in 2 years. He can govern how he wants and if Nancy Pelosi gives him crap, he can just shutdown the government. He's got the power to ram his judges through. And here's the kicker, President Trump's taxes have already been approved by the IRS. He filed them years ago. On top of that I guarantee you that Obama and Hillary already used the IRS and the DOJ to secretly go through his taxes looking for dirt. There's literally no there, there.

Every single one of these Democrats that won in swing districts all ran the same campaign ad. They all said that they will reach across the aisle where possible and that they won't vote in lockstep with Pelosi. Well guess what? On Day 1, each and every single one of them is going to vote for Pelosi for Speaker of the House and she's going to force every single one of them to vote in lockstep for whatever nonsense she tells them too. A whole bunch of that crop of Democrats will get voted out of office in 2 years.

Since somebody mentioned Mia Love, do you want to know how dumb she is? In my town she's got several billboards up talking about how her opponent is Nancy Pelosi. Only here's the problem, my town isn't in her district. She literally did some expensive advertising in a town that isn't in her district and can't vote for her. That's how dumb she is.

Blogger Jose Miguel November 07, 2018 12:28 PM  

I lost a grand on this election, my conclusion is to take my "fun money" and save it to fund Arkhaven and Castalia movies over the next 2 years instead of using predictit. It'll make a much larger impact in the long run, even if the next election is a full on Trumpslide.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan November 07, 2018 12:30 PM  

CivNat nonsense will die soon enough, if we picked up the word "equality" for out political rhetoric which is now there for the taking all of this egalitarian bullshit will fall to identity politics.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 07, 2018 12:34 PM  

@10

"We lost this battle, but we didn't get annihilated,"

Well, it turned into a fighting withdrawal, with the wounded (self-inflicted) cucks sacrificed as a rear guard while the healthy main body escaped. Of course, if the cucks had not spent so much time and effort mutilating themselves, they wouldn't be among the corpses. They have received their just deserts.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 12:38 PM  

Now we wait to see what big nothing Mueller has or whether it will be quietly dropped.

Blogger CM November 07, 2018 12:43 PM  

Essentially you're trying to force people to think about the future of their children rather than how they feel about themselves.

I must be really, really dense, because I don't see how right of center people don't think of the future of their kids.

These Civ Nats believe in the basic goodness of minorities to think of them the way they think of the minorities.

This shouldn't be so hard to break, as everyone can point to the fully segregated cafeteria at work or school and see ethnic tables with their "token" white person or two.

They must have some really positive experiences to override these basic observations... unless they are the token white person in the group.


Or maybe they are the white group with their token black person.


I don't know what point it was that I figured it out (the shooting of the baby in the stroller? ~2013) but they hate us. Why try to make a common space with a group who hates us? Sure, not every one of them does, but enough do to be a huge problem.

And they are soooo anti-grouping. Like do they not realize we teach our kids the ability to sort at a very young age? It helps us make connections and draw conclusions - it is a necessary skill to be able to group and regroup things by like-characteristics. But they are so anti-labeling. It is ridiculous.

Blogger Looking Glass November 07, 2018 12:46 PM  

https://twitter.com/Peoples_Pundit/status/1060208307674202114

This thread is worth a read.

"2. First the infamous "thumbs down" �� moment absolutely devastated GOP enthusiasm. Tracked in the 80s post-2016 and crumbled afterward. Donald Trump addressed this first problem. No one juices GOP enthusiasm like Donald Trump, the campaigner..."

Baris is one of the best pollsters in the business. GOPe was paid for keeping ObamaCare in place, and it cost all of them their seats. Repeal & Replace and it's a RedWave.

Disloyal R's are a much bigger problem. Traitors are the worst for a reason.

Blogger kurt9 November 07, 2018 12:47 PM  

Dirk Manly wrote

So, it really was the "Never Trumpers" that lost their seats last night and cost the GOP the House.

Blogger Looking Glass November 07, 2018 12:48 PM  

@45 kurt9

And +4 Senate seats.

Blogger James Dixon November 07, 2018 12:56 PM  

> Repeal & Replace and it's a RedWave.

To hell with replace. All they had to do was repeal it and restore the status quo before it was passed. But no, they couldn't do that.

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 12:57 PM  

I lost what was left of my CivNat leanings when Obama ran in '08 and got half of nominally "conservative" blacks to vote for him. I'd already lost most of it anyway, witnessing Mexican behavior in So Cal back in the '80s, and spending the late 90's and early 00's working with people from around the world at a "global" company.

I saw the "best and the brightest", the "most American" of these other races, and realized they would still vote en-bloc for someone who looked like them regardless of ideology.

I wouldn't say it was hard to give up my CivNat feelings, it was actually pretty easy since it was so obvious. But it was sad. Sad to realize some of my friends would end up as enemies, sad to realize a dream was phony, and sad to realize how much sorrow we were in for unwinding this mess.

Blogger Looking Glass November 07, 2018 12:57 PM  

James Dixon wrote:> Repeal & Replace and it's a RedWave.

To hell with replace. All they had to do was repeal it and restore the status quo before it was passed. But no, they couldn't do that.



UniParty bought & paid for ObamaCare. They wanted their Insurance Cartel and will defend it through all of the means possible.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 12:58 PM  

But no, they couldn't do that.

Because "Never Trump". There are less of them now.

Blogger lowercaseb November 07, 2018 1:03 PM  

This actually is going to be remembered as a Pyrrhic victory for the Dems...those NeverTrumpers in office they voted out would have been their greatest strength in 2020. Concern Trolling works...and those NeverTrumpers have been Concern Trolling the nation for the past 2 years. Now, most of the threats we need to deal with are out in the open.

Game on folks...

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 1:04 PM  

If the Senate Majority gets to 55 or higher, which I believe it already is, then Trump can fire Sessions and replace him with his own guy pretty quickly I believe. He will have to wait to January, but Trump should have plenty of leeway in picking his own DOJ.

Yep, we should finally discover whether it's been Sittin' on his Ass Sessions the Sloth, or Knife-fighter In the Dark Jeff.

Blogger Doktor Jeep November 07, 2018 1:07 PM  

"Look at all the people on the Right who simply refuse to cooperate."

Story of my life...

I'm out of black pills and ready to hoist the colors...

Blogger Looking Glass November 07, 2018 1:08 PM  

Trump went full Chad today. Because it's in the interim period, no one will remember it tomorrow. Minus Acosta's charred ass.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 1:11 PM  

Now, if only President Trump would fix this:

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/hhs-vaccine-safety-reports-lawsuit/

No vaccine safety reports have been filed for 30 years.

Blogger Garuna November 07, 2018 1:15 PM  

Trump is on the radio now, listing the names of all the Republican Representatives who lost, and specifically noting those who REFUSED Trump's support of their re-election campaign (rallies, campaign ads, etc.).

Nearly every one of the losers refused Trump's "embrace" as he calls it. He particularly excoriated Mia Love for having called him frequently over some hostage situation in South America, and then turned up her nose at any campaign support from Trump. Trump sums it up as, "Too bad, Mia."


lmao BASED God Emperor.

Blogger lowercaseb November 07, 2018 1:16 PM  

Jack Amok wrote:I wouldn't say it was hard to give up my CivNat feelings, it was actually pretty easy since it was so obvious. But it was sad. Sad to realize some of my friends would end up as enemies, sad to realize a dream was phony, and sad to realize how much sorrow we were in for unwinding this mess.

Don't feel bad. I'm Northern California born and bred. I was taught all through school that CivNat stuff. I'm not an especially smart or hard, but if I...living in the heart of Gamma World can shake off the indoctrination and get hard...I'm sure there is hope for the rest of this nation where they are brought up tough young.

I used to believe in Live and Let Live...but after 2008 it's pretty obvious that the other side doesn't believe the same.

It's like the old flag says..."Unite or Die"

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 1:17 PM  

The people pointing out this cleared a lot of cucks out of the GOPe I think are correct. Mid-terms have a habit of clearing out the moderates in the President's party, since the opposition runs against him and intentionally polarizes things. Either you support the President and bank on his popularity with your side, or you get replaced by someone from the other side.

Blue Dog Democrats were thin on the ground after '94, and after '10 the party didn't have anyone in leadership that wasn't an utter fringe loon.

Blogger DJT November 07, 2018 1:18 PM  

Manchin goes full SJW on Trump after victory
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-manchin-west-virginia-senate-win-trump-2018-11

You retards who voted for Manchin because MUH COAL, MUH LOYALTY get what you deserve.

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 1:18 PM  

I'm Northern California born and bred.

Me too (no hashtag).

Blogger Xiety November 07, 2018 1:20 PM  

For whatever it's worth, VD, that was a thoroughly enjoyable extended stream.

Blogger Adlow November 07, 2018 1:22 PM  

The two House seats flipped in south Florida were telling. Cubans were reliable Republican voters so long as they had first-hand experience of Castro's Cuba. Their children and grandchildren...not so much the natural conservatives.

Blogger James Dixon November 07, 2018 1:24 PM  

> You retards who voted for Manchin because MUH COAL, MUH LOYALTY get what you deserve.

You have to understand that the alternative was a carpetbagger New Yorker raised in New Jersey who was a DC lobbyist for years and only moved to WV because he thought his money could get him elected there. It's no surprise he lost, even with Trump's support.

Blogger Duke Norfolk November 07, 2018 1:37 PM  

So, does Trump hire Kobach to be DHS sec? Or some other role in his administration?

Blogger justaguy November 07, 2018 1:43 PM  

Advice from a young Boomer: The country can turn around with leadership and vision from the top. I try to see Trump in the mold of Reagan-- not in terms of policies, but in a change in the direction of the country. Think about the 1970s-- it was pretty bleak: total control of House by Ds for decades, control of senate off and on, control of federal handouts, lots of changes in law/rules, elite giving up on winning or even lasting against Soviets-- 12+ countries lost in Carter's one term and elites with media start preparing masses for communism (TV show Amerika etc.) Thousands of bombing by radical left although they are in power, incredibly bad economy that has not been experienced by those that are not Boomers. Along comes Reagan, against R's wishes and US changes. He gave us 12 years to hold back socialism, win against USSR, and revitalize US in terms of jobs/industry. The changes were phenomenal to those of us that lived through the times.

Now we have a similar situation. While we have the huge demographic issue to contend with, Trump is showing the majority what the fight is all about-- crazy socialist with no concept of reality or a chance to lift yourself as high as you can go. Right now lots of silent majority feel betrayed by Rs that cucked on them—and they voted for sane sounding Ds, or at least what media said was sane sounding moderate Ds. 40 R cucks retired. They couldn’t take the new world or Trump so they abandoned their advantages as incumbents and left their voters out in the cold.

As media monopoly/reliance slips and as Trump pushes message-- maybe a new turnaround. What wasn't really visible in 1978-- that US could turn around was obvious by 1986-- all due to 1 guy with vision and the ability to talk to the US people. Nothing says it can’t happen again. It seems to be—although Trump seems to have to fight his own party to do anything.

We can't help the demographic horde voting D-- it will keep doing it at 90%/ maybe 85 for Latinos. But we can buy time by convincing the rest about what is at stake. A turn-around now buys more time. I can’t figure out how to fix 2030, but I can see getting now right so there is a much better 2030s for my progeny and they have a chance to fix their own time.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 07, 2018 1:45 PM  

I must be really, really dense, because I don't see how right of center people don't think of the future of their kids.

They do think of the future of their *own* kids, at least in the short term. That's why they (like liberals) live where they do to make sure they get into a "good school." Every realtor understands that to mean a mostly white school, perhaps with a handful of talented-tenth minority children of white-collar government workers.

In the long term, they firmly believe that other groups can be brought up to speed by getting the civics right. They may not quite believe in Magic Dirt, but they do believe that assimilation is key, and would just happen pretty quickly if things like welfare and bilingual education didn't work against it.

Very few understand that genetics and regression to the mean means that the nice black attorneys who move in next door will have great-grandchildren who are a lot like the ones who live in the part of town they never go to. Maybe their children and grandchildren, if you're not lucky.

On the other hand, there are other whites they really don't like. The ones they'd never invite to a neighborhood party. The ones who attend Trump rallies and wear MAGA hats unironically. The ones who complain about the lack of manufacturing jobs instead of getting with the program of college and STEM. The ones who keep having too many kids. The last thing they want to do is identify with those people or imagine their kids mixing together.

Blogger Solaire Of Astora November 07, 2018 1:51 PM  

I don't know the historic norm but I thought the Republicans gaining a few seats in the Senate and losing their majority in the House by a bit was actually a decent performance. When you consider they managed this with the demographics as they are this isn't that bad. Hopefully this reminds people that Trump is only giving us a reprieve and that his greatest gift is giving people more time to prepare for the inevitable. I don't even see this as Vox being wrong where it matters. This is information that can help calibrate how close the US is to the edge.

I still hope more people stop listening to Nate Silver and his overly specific percentages. There are people who called this election the old fashioned way without overly sophisticated bs models.

Blogger gunner451 November 07, 2018 1:58 PM  

It is interesting that a financial blog has this Democrat win as still being long term Bearish for the Dems (Bearish being in decline).

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/us-political-2018-midterm-elections/

Would say that Trumps was basically a third party candidate so this loss by the Repubs is not surprising. I knew as soon as they started talking about record turnouts that the vote would go against the Repubs. In any case this gives Trump a whipping boy other than the Fed if the economy starts to decline or any other bad things happen.

Blogger Bernard Brandt November 07, 2018 2:09 PM  

VD,

I was going to send the bulk of this message as a comment, but I thought it better to do so in a private e-mail.

I want you to know, though, that I find your weblog to be most informative, and I do not wish to stop reading it because of a small, and entirely understandable, mistake.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 2:11 PM  

The repubs need to understand that it is the Trump Party now ... IMO.

Blogger DJT November 07, 2018 2:12 PM  

You have to understand that the alternative was a carpetbagger New Yorker raised in New Jersey who was a DC lobbyist for years and only moved to WV because he thought his money could get him elected there. It's no surprise he lost, even with Trump's support.

Then doubly retarded that it wasn't a native WVian who challenged him. But at this point in history, better an R than a D.

All politics is national.

Blogger RC November 07, 2018 2:20 PM  

Kobach is a gifted, principled man, completely aligned with TGE. I'm sure he'll have a prominent role in the administration. Kansas will be worse for the nation's gain, a worthwhile sacrifice. Johnson county's white women need to be severely chastised.

Blogger James Dixon November 07, 2018 2:23 PM  

> Then doubly retarded that it wasn't a native WVian who challenged him.

There was, but he was running as a Libertarian. The Republican party of WV has never been noted for their intelligence or aptitude. :(

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 2:26 PM  

I must be really, really dense, because I don't see how right of center people don't think of the future of their kids.

They do think of the future of their *own* kids, at least in the short term. That's why they (like liberals) live where they do to make sure they get into a "good school."


Yeah, and your point that "On the other hand, there are other whites they really don't like..." is true as well. Put the two of those together, and you have a group protected by temporary prosperity from the problems diversity creates using diversity to gain money, status and (increasingly) emotional "feelz".

The Mexican gardener mows his lawn cheap, and the dot-Indian IT department and the Chinese offshore factory save millions at work so Mr. Goodwhite can pocket a bigger bonus.

A community is a commons that all it's members share, and the liberal Whites have been leeching off it for decades, using it for their own gains in a way that degrades and eventually destroys it, like grazing too many sheep in a field.

The libertarian solution to a tragedy of the commons is to privatize the commons, but the only way to privatize a community is to return to feudalism where the Lord of the Manor literally owns the community.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 07, 2018 2:26 PM  

They chose Morrissey over the native WV coal mine guy.

Blogger DJT November 07, 2018 2:29 PM  

Anyone see Trump's press conference? Top entertainment. To every foreign journalist he said "I can't understand the accent."

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 07, 2018 2:30 PM  

Is Trump taking the gloves off?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan November 07, 2018 2:37 PM  

I know twitter is a blowhole of a shiteater but the CivNats are carping about D party prog "racism" as we speak.

Blogger Unknown November 07, 2018 2:38 PM  

I have a sincere question: how did you realistically expect a 20-30% black vote for a party (& voting base) that fully supports Rep. King (IA), Brian Kemp (who disparaged Abrams racially more than once) and a president that openly supports people doing real, physical harm to minorities?

When you talk about self-interest, doesn't that include taking into consideration that the overt and rampant racism in the Republican party and processing that no one on that side of the aisle can be trusted not to turn on you because they genuinely believe you are inferior?

I point this out because there is much in the Koch brothers agenda I could support (& subsequently vote R on) but I will not vote for a party that consistently tells me I'm inferior to whites purely on skin color.

And I have reason for this, since like Vox I have a high IQ (tested twice in my teens; second time because they didn't believe the first outcome). And I'm black. So your generalities don't apply to me at all. Voting Republican regardless of the economic benefit is against my best interest.

But perhaps if you answer my question I can better understand your viewpoint.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener November 07, 2018 2:41 PM  

Oh well, it was a good call at the time and there's little point in losing sleep while obsessively watching election returns come in, helplessly analyzing each new development. Much better to focus on the long game.

To that end, Trump now has a real enemy to focus on for the next two years. Normies will understand him fighting the Dem Congress because he will do it with such style and energy that they won't be able to not love it. What was hard for most people to comprehend was Trump constantly having to fight the backstabbers in his own party. Those who didn't understand what was going on thought Trump was petty and irritated. Now that should be largely done with. In a few years we might look back on the cucks being driven out of the party last night as a huge positive. In 2012 it sucked seeing Obama get reelected, but if that hadn't happened we would probably still be stuck with a President Romney.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 07, 2018 2:46 PM  

SESSIONS OUT AS AG

Blogger SemiSpook37 November 07, 2018 2:46 PM  

@82

Well, THAT was quick. Looks like the game is afoot...

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener November 07, 2018 2:48 PM  

@81 FUCK. YEAH.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 07, 2018 2:48 PM  

Sessions just resigned.

Blogger Confederate Sun November 07, 2018 2:49 PM  

It looks like CG is fracturing. https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/9utmkv/selfpost_so_whats_up_with_this_recent_shakeups_in/

Blogger BassmanCO November 07, 2018 2:52 PM  

Unknown wrote:I have a sincere question: how did you realistically expect a 20-30% black vote for a party (& voting base) that fully supports Rep. King (IA), Brian Kemp (who disparaged Abrams racially more than once) and a president that openly supports people doing real, physical harm to minorities?

When you talk about self-interest, doesn't that include taking into consideration that the overt and rampant racism in the Republican party and processing that no one on that side of the aisle can be trusted not to turn on you because they genuinely believe you are inferior?

I point this out because there is much in the Koch brothers agenda I could support (& subsequently vote R on) but I will not vote for a party that consistently tells me I'm inferior to whites purely on skin color.

And I have reason for this, since like Vox I have a high IQ (tested twice in my teens; second time because they didn't believe the first outcome). And I'm black. So your generalities don't apply to me at all. Voting Republican regardless of the economic benefit is against my best interest.

But perhaps if you answer my question I can better understand your viewpoint.


Your first paragraph alone shows you are a disingenuous liar. Trump has never said or done anything to openly support harming minorities, and any such contention is pure projection.

Blogger Pierre Truc November 07, 2018 2:55 PM  

HA HA HA holy f-- that's some meme power!

Blogger VFM #7634 November 07, 2018 2:57 PM  

@Adlow

Cubans are idiots. Not as much as Puerto Ricans, but you can never trust a Cuban on immigration. Ever. Including the Republican ones. They'll always betray you in favor of open borders.

Blogger VFM #7634 November 07, 2018 2:59 PM  

@RC
True, but as with Roy Moore, there were good reasons PDJT backed his opponent in the Republican primary.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 3:00 PM  

Sessions has resigned, it seems.

Blogger James Dixon November 07, 2018 3:02 PM  

> I have a sincere question:

No, you don't have a sincere question.

Blogger James Dixon November 07, 2018 3:07 PM  

> ...but you can never trust a Cuban on immigration. Ever. Including the Republican ones.

Can you say Ted Cruz? I knew you could.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 07, 2018 3:10 PM  

Yea, Cruz handing out fucking teddy bears at the border fills me with confidence.

Blogger Random #57 November 07, 2018 3:12 PM  

@43 CM:

I must be really, really dense, because I don't see how right of center people don't think of the future of their kids.

More like you haven't seen enough of humanity. Plenty of right of center people only care about themselves. For one of the most obvious albeit difficult to change examples, how many of them subject their kids to the public school system, then if they're generous enough with the money send them off to a college which teaches their kids to hate them and everything they stand for? Which for many is an easy sell after having been raised by self-centered parents.

You acknowledge part of this example when you note, emphasis added, "as everyone can point to the fully segregated cafeteria at work or school."

Blogger Unknown November 07, 2018 3:15 PM  

@Bassman & James Dixon, thank you for making my point. No one on this blog realistically thought you were getting 20% of the black vote. Not if you can't even engage on a simple question.

And yes as a black person, when you do not condemn violence against minorities but take time to condemn removing statutes and support "very good people on both sides", you my friend are hostile against minorities. You can dispute the phrasing but not the underlying point.

But I didn't really think anyone would answer. Just thought I'd try.

Blogger VD November 07, 2018 3:15 PM  

I have a sincere question: how did you realistically expect a 20-30% black vote for a party (& voting base) that fully supports Rep. King (IA), Brian Kemp (who disparaged Abrams racially more than once) and a president that openly supports people doing real, physical harm to minorities?

Because if black people were capable of reasonably perceiving their self-interest, they would understand that the material benefit of a strong economy is much more important than the largely nonexistent rhetoric that you reference.

I will not vote for a party that consistently tells me I'm inferior to whites purely on skin color.

DNA, Unknown, not skin color. As to being inferior or not, that entirely depends upon the metric. Which element of the Republican Party platform was it that makes you feel inferior? Do you really not understand that it is the Democrats who believe you are inherently incapable of behaving like adult white people and therefore require their assistance?

And I have reason for this, since like Vox I have a high IQ (tested twice in my teens; second time because they didn't believe the first outcome). And I'm black. So your generalities don't apply to me at all.

If you were genuinely smart enough to grasp the relevant data, you would know that is statistically impossible.

Blogger Unknown November 07, 2018 3:19 PM  

@VD, I don't understand your relevant data point. Could you elaborate? Then I can respond. Thanks.

Blogger VD November 07, 2018 3:19 PM  

And yes as a black person, when you do not condemn violence against minorities but take time to condemn removing statutes and support "very good people on both sides", you my friend are hostile against minorities.

Are you sure you don't mean "statues"?. Because I'm quite confident that the God-Emperor does not condemn removing statutes. You really should drop the "Me Smart Black Guy Like You Seed on tha TeeVee" act. It's not convincing.

Blogger Unknown November 07, 2018 3:21 PM  

It's not the platform (as I said), it's the people implementing the platform. How do I trust them? When they don't condemn the racism in their ranks.

Blogger VD November 07, 2018 3:22 PM  

I don't understand your relevant data point. Could you elaborate? Then I can respond. Thanks.

The median African-American IQ is 85. The standard deviation for IQ is 15. Given a normal distribution, what percentage of African-Americans possess an IQ of 150 or more?

Blogger VD November 07, 2018 3:26 PM  

How do I trust them? When they don't condemn the racism in their ranks.

You shouldn't trust any politician. And no man is responsible for another man's words or actions. If you're dumb enough to trust people because they condemn other people, then you're a sucker who will be taken for a ride every single time.

Here is the truth, like it or not. Neither Republicans nor Democrats actually care about you. They don't care about me. Politics is not about that, it's just a polite form of substitute war that allows people to share power without killing each other.

Blogger Unknown November 07, 2018 3:27 PM  

@VD, really? your going to jump on my typos? When Nate consistently has them in his posts. Not that I've seen him post on a while. But I don't visit every day anymore.

Grasping at straws to discredit me rather than just answering. More reason why your delusional to think you will ever get more than 10% support.

And condescension (such as you're showing me) counts as treating someone inferior. Especially when you aren't sure who you're actually talking to. I'm not getting benefit of the doubt based on being black (your relevant data comment).

So again, thank you for proving my point.

Blogger Hammerli280 November 07, 2018 3:32 PM  

I think the best pitch to the Civic Nationalists may be a revival, not abandonment.

Civic Nationalism, like Conservatism, lost its way in the last few decades. Both morphed into simple greed...Civic Nationalism into individual greed, Conservatism into corporate greed.

For CivNat to work, there must be an agreed American national culture (because we certainly can't come up with a common faith or race) - and we must insist that people adhere to it. Theodore Roosevelt's admonition that an immigrant must become wholly American is the only possible way for a Civic Nation to work.

The attack axis is that the racial identity politics is a violation of that principle. Meaning that people who adhere to it must be removed from the body politic.

I think that such an argument will win over a lot of modern Civic Nationalists. Of course, the Left will call us "raciss". But they were going to do that in any event. Ask Justice Kavanaugh about the propensity of the Left to smear anyone they disagree with. (an argument also worth having ready)

Blogger Long Live The West November 07, 2018 3:33 PM  

"It's not the platform (as I said), it's the people implementing the platform. How do I trust them? When they don't condemn the racism in their ranks."

Did you seriously miss all the bowing and scraping most republicans do everytime some liberal calls them a racist?

And the ones who don't, don't apologize simply because there's no point. The left calls everyone a racist. The word might as well be synonymous with 'republican' if you're going to go along with the way most people use the word.

Also I have a question: is it racist to notice differences in other groups of people?

Answer: If there were no differences this wouldn't be a question because everyone would be the same.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener November 07, 2018 3:35 PM  

There is, for the time being, practically zero violence committed against minorities by whites in the US. However I will condemn those blacks who rape 30,000 white girls every year and as well as those who tacitly support it by drawing our attention to fictitious problems instead of real ones.

Blogger VD November 07, 2018 3:40 PM  

Grasping at straws to discredit me rather than just answering. More reason why your delusional to think you will ever get more than 10% support.

I'm not grasping at any straws. You're a fraud. You have also clearly mistaken me for a civic nationalist. I have never believed the vast majority of Blacks will ever vote for the Republican Party, no matter how desperately white Republicans try to kiss your collective ass. Nor do I think the Republicans should bother making any attempt whatsoever to pursue the Black vote, as it will be increasingly irrelevant over time.

And condescension (such as you're showing me) counts as treating someone inferior.

You are intellectually inferior to me. This is an easily proven fact. Now, had you been honest and polite, I would have treated you differently. But since you're a dishonest jackass who is pretending to be something he observably is not, I treat you with the open contempt that you merit.

Now, run along and cry to someone who cares about how the mean Indian racissed you.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan November 07, 2018 3:41 PM  

"Racism" total voodoo word, maybe he can stop playing witch doctor and explain what bigotry he sees in the GOP or conservative ranks.

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 3:44 PM  

SESSIONS OUT AS AG

Well, we have our answer.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 07, 2018 4:18 PM  

@78

|I know twitter is a blowhole of a shiteater but the CivNats are carping about D party prog "racism" as we speak."

Let's hope they continue to complain about it for the next 2 years -- maybe by then they'll figure out what's important when they get into a voting booth.

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 4:21 PM  

No one on this blog realistically thought you were getting 20% of the black vote. Not if you can't even engage on a simple question.

Unknown trolls us with an interesting question, though not the one he pretended to oh so sincerely ask. The real question is why would anyone think 20% of Blacks might vote Republican?

Well, cause there's the possibility that a mid-90s IQ might just be sufficient to realize the Democrat plantation, formerly run by White - and (((White))) - liberals is now under the new management of LATAMs who have been running Blacks out of traditionally Black neighborhoods, and Arabs from countries currently running actual slave markets.

You think Whitey was racists? Wait till you meet the new Massah.

Blogger Paul Thompson November 07, 2018 4:23 PM  

According to historian John Greer, what we're seeing here is the process of Anacyclosis, in action. In modern parlance, it goes "Dictatorship" --> "Junta" --> "Democracy" and back to "Dictatorship". Political gridlock is the end-stage of Democracy. All that's needed now, to push the U.S. into Dictatorship, is an existential crisis that the government can't respond to, because - gridlock.

Say, an invasion, maybe?

The only remaining question is what form the dictatorship will take - Communist (maybe, that's why the Left is engineering the "caravan" crisis?) or something else - and that will determine whether the Constitution (and with it, the U.S. itself) survives. Given what's happened yesterday, I think that question will now be settled, in November 2020.

Blogger MrNiceguy November 07, 2018 4:31 PM  

For the most part, yes, but as a Kansan, not having Kobach as governor is going to make the next 4 years uncomfortable. Especially considering the number of RINOs in the state legislature.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 07, 2018 4:32 PM  

Jack Amok,

The 20% of blacks with the >90 IQ spend that intellectual currency screwing over their fellow spear checkers. Not voting Republican.

Blogger RC November 07, 2018 4:34 PM  

@VFM7634: "@RC
True, but as with Roy Moore, there were good reasons PDJT backed his opponent in the Republican primary."

Not a consequential mistake but you're not correct. Trump Jr attended a Wichita fund-raiser for Kobach, Trump himself endorsed Kobach in the primary via Twitter days before the election, and Trump held a rally for him in October in Topeka. I was there for it all including the defeat party last night and know the complete backstory on securing the endorsement.

Blogger Jack Amok November 07, 2018 4:39 PM  

The 20% of blacks with the >90 IQ spend that intellectual currency screwing over their fellow spear checkers. Not voting Republican.

Yeah, they're pretty much just like the 105 IQ White midwits that do the same thing. Smart enough to get patted on the head by the teacher in third grade, too dumb to see the obvious ruination just down their gold-brick road.

Blogger Barberquer November 07, 2018 5:05 PM  

"Because if black people were capable of reasonably perceiving their self-interest, they would understand that the material benefit of a strong economy is much more important than the largely nonexistent rhetoric that you reference."

We've had strong economies and weak economies under both Democratic and Republican administrations and control. Either claiming much responsibility for the good ones is politics and I think most people know that. Democrats would tell us that the current economy is a continuation of what was going on the last two to three years under Obama. And they'd be right. Trump would tell us that his Tax cuts has juiced the economy into overdrive....and He'd be right.

The economy isn't the argument that will turn Blacks to the GOP. And Trump supporters just look dumb trying to convince blacks to do so, when at the same time they don't take serious the primary issues that concern blacks whether those issues or serious or not.

Politics is simple: What have you done for me lately? And no one wants to be told something has been done for them that they don't think is important being done. And that's why the GOP lost the Black vote years ago (one of the reasons).

Blogger Pierre Truc November 07, 2018 5:15 PM  

If Unknown's claim about IQ is true, then he demonstrates that identity politics trump everything, including IQ. This is not surprising, but still a useful redpill for those who were sleeping at the back of the class.

Democrats want civil war, Republicans want to avoid it. Unknown votes Democrat though, which means he assumes his chances of survival in a civil war are good enough. Since he is Very Smart, presumably he knows that republicans own a gorillion guns, while democrats do not. Thus he reminds me of the libtard who said I was a nazi the other day, while knowing I wouldn't punch him in the face because I'm really a nice guy. Or maybe a very nice nazi. Totally worth it just for the entertainment value.

Some people would fight to make their country better, but it takes a very special kind of retard to want to fight to make your country more like Venezuela. Is this what you want, Unknown?





Blogger MrNiceguy November 07, 2018 5:16 PM  

I was at the Trump rally in Topeka. When Trump was introducing Kobach, he joked about hoping he lost so he could keep him in his administration.
Maybe he'll end up in Session's old job.

Blogger Up from the pond November 07, 2018 5:42 PM  

"Individualistic people only join forces so long as they feel an active and imminent sense of threat. Until most people of European descent feel that way, they will not change their behavior."

They won't change it even then. What inspires people of European descent is a shared ideal that they can pull for, not threats, active, imminent, or otherwise.

Look at South Africa. White South Africans are under total assault, yet did the alt-retards' "Awakened Saxon" emerge in South Africa in response? Did the "Awakened Saxon" show up in Zimbabwe?

The way to get Whites to fight is not to back them into a corner, strangely enough. With any other people or animal, that would work. For some reason, as the evidence shows, it doesn't really work with Whites.

To get them to fight, you have to give them something to fight FOR. If all they have is something to fight against, then they may protect their individual farms and families, but they will not band together effectively against the hordes.

All cynicism aside, Whites are a uniquely idealistic people. It is our blessing and our curse.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 5:48 PM  

@100: There is also evidence that the SD for blacks is around 12 ... which puts a 150 IQ at around 5.4 SDs above the black mean, rather than 4 and a bit.

Blogger Jack (LJCSOGHMOMAS) November 07, 2018 6:20 PM  

Essentially you're trying to force people to think about the future of their children rather than how they feel about themselves.

Exactly. If you ask the average person whether they would kill in self-defense to save their child, most would say yes. If you ask them whether they would racially discriminate - again, in self-defense - to save their child, I bet you could not get half as many to say they would, even though in practice they do it every day. "This neighborhood has good schools."

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 6:30 PM  

They couldn't help themselves in Zanzibar or Haiti, what makes you think ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7bXBJaH484

Blogger Azimus November 07, 2018 7:47 PM  

While a Red Wave woukd have been preferable, the lower house can only prevent a budget from being passed - so I guess that means no wall. A larger majority in the upper house w/no McCain and fewer never-Trumpers, means appointments including the Supreme Court are protected and passed freely for the mext two years. Look at SCOTUS. We could potentially replace 2-3 more in that time! Might be a good time for Thomas to retire if he wants to enjoy his golden years - even though I love that man, if he's going to leave his office on hos feet now is the time.

Blogger Crew November 07, 2018 8:04 PM  

@123: Maybe RBG will feel it is safe to retire in 2020, thinking that Trump will not get a second term!

Blogger Garuna November 07, 2018 8:05 PM  

Trump had the 3rd best Senate performance for any POTUS in over 100 years of midterms (net 3 gains). One of only 6 times that POTUS's party actually gained seats.

House losses (updated to 34 net) are average.

https://i.imgur.com/5a4u3x5.jpg

Blogger Edgar Abbey November 07, 2018 8:14 PM  

Some may remember a comment I made on a blog post here a few days ago in which I stated that one of the things that had most galled me about GW Bush was how meekly he folded and cowered when he lost the House, and there was that televised White House meeting, where Bush's body language was submissive, and Pelosi's body language was aggressive and triumphant. And I said that if Trump were to lose the House, I expected him to have the opposite reaction, to be even more defiant and more aggressive than before, just to make sure the Democrats knew who the alpha dog was.

Well, after the tweets today, one of which was a direct threat toward the Democrats about wasting time investigating and then the press conference, where Trump pimp-slapped Jim Acosta like a cheap whore, I believe my prediction is going to be borne out as fact.

Blogger DonReynolds November 07, 2018 8:22 PM  

Solaire Of Astora wrote:I don't know the historic norm but I thought the Republicans gaining a few seats in the Senate and losing their majority in the House by a bit was actually a decent performance. When you consider they managed this with the demographics as they are this isn't that bad. Hopefully this reminds people that Trump is only giving us a reprieve and that his greatest gift is giving people more time to prepare for the inevitable.

I said the same thing publicly many times during the 2016 campaign. Trump is not the solution and he cannot solve the problem. His main achievement is to buy some time for the people who matter. They need this time to mentally prepare for what comes next. Had the election not gone to Trump, the inevitable would simply have fallen in our laps much sooner. Hillary would have pulled the trigger. Trump is giving us a chance to get ahead. Use this time wisely.

Blogger Meng Greenleaf November 07, 2018 8:36 PM  

Two more years of the House doing do-little is not as good as two more years of DEM proving they're the Party of Hate. They pretty much HAVE to go bat-poo-crazy, their base demands they mirror their insanity. As such, it was the IDEAL outcome. A slim hold on the House wasn't doing the GOP any favors. Whereas allowing the PoH show their true colors is going to be paying off for a generation, at least.

Blogger Garuna November 07, 2018 8:57 PM  

GENERATION ZYKLON IS REAL

https://i.imgur.com/fF4FuhR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nqMDY62.png
https://i.imgur.com/RXDkiCR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7N0zKSn.jpg

Born in the 21st century, Generation Zyklon represents only about 1/7th of the 18-24 range. But they're already shifting the electorate rightwards.

Some now say that 1995 is the true beginning. Maybe. But 1995-1999 is a transitional range with a mix of spiritual Millennials and Proto-Zyklon. 21st century born represents a cleaner break from Millennials on a cultural level. Teenagers.

Blogger DonReynolds November 07, 2018 8:58 PM  

Unknown wrote:I have a sincere question: how did you realistically expect a 20-30% black vote for a party (& voting base) that fully supports Rep. King (IA), Brian Kemp (who disparaged Abrams racially more than once) and a president that openly supports people doing real, physical harm to minorities?

If you were half as intelligent as you claim, you would already know from reputable sources that the "real, physical harm" in this country against "minorities" does not come from whites. When it comes to rape, and murder, and assault, often combined with robbery, that comes from other people of the same race OR other minority groups. White on black rape is almost unknown. White on black crime in all categories is less than a tenth as great as black on white crime. Either you are lying when you say you do not know or you are just dog stupid.

I do admit that the significance attached to your ethnic group is wildly exaggerated in the USA media today and their voting habits invite being disregarded altogether. If blacks are going to habitually vote Democrat, for reasons that must be their own, and Hispanics are much more numerous, it would be silly to throw away money trying to court their votes....votes that are already committed. Just how much influence do you suppose 12.6 percent of the population could possibly be at election time, when a disproportionate number of them are underaged children and a third or more of the men are convicted felons, neither of which have a lawful vote to cast???

Truthfully, I do not expect Negroes to vote for the Republican party anymore, even though they were the only Republican voters in many Southern states for many decades, aside from carpetbaggers and scalawags. What I wish, if you are interested, would be for blacks to vote in their own self interest and not in the best interests of people who are replacing them with foreign low-life migrants.

But just remember this, in just a very few decades, the same Democratic party that you habitually vote to support has managed to replace YOU and millions of other blacks in this country with unskilled and semi-skilled foreign labor and their families from Hispanic countries. YOU have been pushed out of the workplace, pushed out of the housing, pushed out of the marketplace, pushed out of the schools and universities by the "New Americans", invited and encouraged by the same Democrat plantation owners you support on election day.

The Hispanics are not replacing whites, bubba.....they are replacing YOU. Just ask any of your older peers what kind of work they did most of their lifetime and why they are not doing it anymore. Ask them where they grew up and why they no longer live there, and who does.

Blogger eclecticme November 07, 2018 9:23 PM  

Way OT but I needed cheerng up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zmIj_4LFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTgkTEDDog

Blogger Up from the pond November 08, 2018 12:14 AM  

Jack (LJCSOGHMOMAS) wrote:If you ask the average person whether they would kill in self-defense to save their child, most would say yes. If you ask them whether they would racially discriminate - again, in self-defense - to save their child, I bet you could not get half as many to say they would

Yep. The post WW2 brain-rinsing was thorough and deep. It was psy-terrorization: people are SCARED even to notice they are being dispossessed and displaced, SCARED to do this even in the privacy of their own minds! Frightened to think the cultural equivalent of "2+2=4" because they believe that doing so will cause their souls to burn in hell! They will be Nazis, racists, misogynists, genocide will break out, mass-murder will occur, and the false God of social approval will hate them! They are not only frightened of being reported as a crimethinker and having their lives destroyed, they are also burdened with a type of Stockholm Syndrome. Thought was freer in the Middle Ages than in the Soviet Union or in any cosmopolitan-ruled urban polity. This is TERRORISM; a people living under terror, being violently replaced all the while.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 08, 2018 12:44 AM  

@117

"
Some people would fight to make their country better, but it takes a very special kind of retard to want to fight to make your country more like Venezuela. Is this what you want, Unknown? "

Hey, I'll let you know, Unknown was the smartest retard on his short yellow bus.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 08, 2018 12:59 AM  

@124

"Maybe RBG will feel it is safe to retire in 2020, thinking that Trump will not get a second term!"

I think we should try putting a large bowl of oatmeal in front of her seat in the court. When she falls asleep and face-plants... Suffocation doesn't that that long.

If Scalia can die with a pillow over his head, then RBG can die with a bowl of oatmeal under her nose.

Blogger Theproductofafineeduction November 08, 2018 1:32 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger nswhorse November 08, 2018 4:53 AM  

I love the media. Headline on the local news here in Oz: "Trump's Tantrum".

Blogger kmbr November 08, 2018 11:05 AM  

@134

hehehe. You were on to something here.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia November 08, 2018 11:10 AM  

VD wrote:

It's very, very difficult for a civic nationalist to accept the reality of identity politics, especially when they have been taught for generations that such things are bad, and so you have to be very patient with civic nationalists and understand that it's usually not coming from a place of hypocrisy, it's not usually coming from a place of malice or anything, it's coming from their good intentions and their preference for thinking highly of themselves for assuming the best of others.

Bravo.

Just when I think you are always a prick -- in the right way of course, but a prick nonetheless -- you say this.

Coming to awareness is a very hard thing for many, especially for those who souls may be kindly in general but whose mentality is weak.

This is also the problem with many women who vote with their ovaries.

Civ nationalists have a feminine sensibility.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd November 08, 2018 11:37 AM  

Crew wrote:@100: There is also evidence that the SD for blacks is around 12 ... which puts a 150 IQ at around 5.4 SDs above the black mean, rather than 4 and a bit.

Without evaluating the integral, +5SD would be around 1 in a million? There might be more than one 150IQ AA in America. There might not even be one.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd November 08, 2018 12:08 PM  

DonReynolds wrote:Just how much influence do you suppose 12.6 percent of the population could possibly be at election time, when a disproportionate number of them are underaged children and a third or more of the men are convicted felons ...

Don Reynolds, it doesn't really matter what pleases Africans, it doesn't really matter what might tilt them to vote GOP. They are a stupid, violent, tiny minority who are electorally dispensable and cannot live with other races.

You don't get to choose your side unless the side also chooses you. No side is going to choose Africans.

It stinks to be black in America. God made 'em, God loves 'em, God made a continent just for 'em. Why do they want to be here?

Blogger Unknown November 08, 2018 5:50 PM  

I think the Senate map, as it compared to the 2016 presidential election, how the States that shocked Democrats by flipping to Trump, which flipped back on 2018 Senate races, is a good place to start in re-evaluation. As for the House incumbents with an R that did not run again, it seems unlikely that people just voted D instead, as there were likely candidates with an R for them to select. Likely parts are ailing Baby Boomers, urban to rural sprawl, new voters taught by Millennials, and relations to Trump expectorations and realities. On the latter, expectations of "you'd be in jail" not meaning the likes of Paul Manafort, as a small example. Investigating and persecuting the Swamp, not those that helped Trump. When it goes on at first, there is fire, but for a while longer, smolder.

Blogger xevious2030 November 08, 2018 11:01 PM  

141 is me.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts