ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, November 03, 2018

The Killstream gets KIAd


Further evidence of the complete inutility of virtue-signaling. It will not save you once you have been targeted for deplatforming.
Killstream is known for both its controversial guests and similarly toxic chat. Users have been known to take advantage of YouTube’s Super Chat system to buy and pin toxic messages in the live chat, further defaming the stream’s reputation.

This prompted show host Ethan Ralph to fight back by holding a charity stream to benefit St. Jude’s, a research hospital for children with catastrophic diseases. However, YouTube’s new policy on harmful Super Chats has caused a major rift between Ralph and the platform, as well as the Wall Street Journal - which he is now accusing of taking money away from sick children.

Ralph claims that an upcoming article from the Wall Street Journal pressured YouTube into taking action against his stream, causing the company to cancel over $26,000 in donations, which St. Jude’s is now reportedly refunding.

An email taken from a journalist at the WSJ claims that the Ralph Retort livestream is featured in an upcoming piece, which will detail how the alt-right is using YouTube’s Super Chat function to spread to ‘problematic’ ideology.
Of course what the Wall Street Journal did was wrong. Of course it was ridiculous that St. Jude's refused the donation. Of course it is wrong for YouTube to deplatform Ethan.

What about any of this is even remotely a surprise? Stop virtue-signaling. Stop trying to appease those who hate you. Start utilizing independent platforms and concentrate on supporting those who are doing the same.

From Infogalactic to Castalia House, we are actively working on this. That's why Castalia House Direct exists, that's why we are considering the best way to offer an alternative to Kindle Unlimited, and that's why Voxiversity and the Darkstream are on BitChute instead of relying solely on the vagaries of YouTube's Trust and Safety Council or whatever they call their thought police. We're also working on other projects about which we have not yet said anything.

But we can't make anyone stop using Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, and YouTube. All we can do is offer an alternative.

Labels: , ,

77 Comments:

Blogger stevo November 03, 2018 9:30 AM  

By the way, does anyone know if the Darkstream will be available in podcast form again?

Blogger Bogey November 03, 2018 9:49 AM  

The Wall Street Journal also went after Pewdiepie. This only shows that they never rest.

Anyone have an opinion on Minds?

Blogger HalibetLector November 03, 2018 10:00 AM  

This follows an observation I made a few years ago: they don't go after the offensive alt-right channels first. They go after the positive and inoffensive ones because they're the ones who can do the most damage to the narrative. There was a twitter user a while back called 'WhiteMotivation.' The only things he posted were memes about being proud of your white heritage. I've never seen a twitter account get banned so fast and for so little reason.

Blogger Teleros November 03, 2018 10:00 AM  

Some updates:

What about any of this is even remotely a surprise?

According to Ethan's interview on Infowars, the only surprising bit was the refunding part of it - he's used to being banned from livestreaming on YT though. YouTube's policy regarding muh nazi superchats BTW is that instead of refunding the money or giving it to the streamer, YT will send it to a charity instead, which is doubly amusing under the circumstances.

YT also owe him personally ~$16k from superchats which he's hoping to get, but no idea if they'll cough up the money under the circumstances.

But we can't make anyone stop using Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, and YouTube. All we can do is offer an alternative.

The Killstream did a show on Dlive.tv instead of YouTube, but they run on AWS so there's the threat of Amazon SJWs pulling the plug on them if they don't behave. Ethan also talked about doing it on his own site, but given how Dlive struggled with his 6k viewers suddenly jumping on the site he may just stick to them instead.

Bogey wrote:Anyone have an opinion on Minds?

Not really, except that they do not allow you to delete an account. You can close it, or delete everything from it, but you cannot delete the account itself. Makes me suspicious about data harvesting and such.

Blogger David Ray Milton November 03, 2018 10:06 AM  

Hate the one or despise the other.

You cannot serve the Right and Silicon Valley.

Blogger Resident Moron™ November 03, 2018 10:07 AM  

Every time I read of Google’s useless daughters of hairdressers Trust & Safety Council I am reminded of 1 Thessalonians 5: 3

“For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them,”

It just fits.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 03, 2018 10:11 AM  

In related news, it looks like Google is scrubbing certain searches involving Joe Biden. Save your Creepy Uncle Joe archives if ya got 'em.

I've never seen a twitter account get banned so fast and for so little reason.

I think my own Twitter account got shadow-banned this week, less than a month in. I kept it light, no profanity, no insults worse than "globalist shill." I wasn't automating anything, no bot-like activity, just a couple tweets a day. I was starting to get dozens of likes, but now nothing at all for a few days. Oh well. It was a lark anyway. As you say, those are the kind of accounts they have to suppress, before they get bigger and more people would notice. They'll keep some really offensive ones around for media consumption and so they can claim they don't take sides.

Blogger The Deuce November 03, 2018 10:13 AM  

I wonder if torrent technology could be adapted to work on livestreams similarly to how Bitchute uses it for uploaded videos. If so, just about any site would be able to host huge livestreams with little overhead. In fact, the more people watching, the smoother and more self-sustaining it would get.

Blogger Marcus Marcellus November 03, 2018 10:16 AM  

I remember the day one was finally unable to log onto YouTube without creating a Google account. It's been all downhill since. Pre-Google YouTube was the Wild Wild West and probably the best and social media I enjoyed. I actually met people on old YouTube I'm friends with today. Whatever Google touches becomes Evil.

Blogger Bultz November 03, 2018 10:19 AM  

@8 in order to take on silicon valley resources, there does need to be ways of sharing workload that cannot be taken down. Probably why they went after bitchute payment processing

Blogger Taqiyyotomist November 03, 2018 10:40 AM  

And when we make our own platforms?

Then the ISPs will get involved in the banning.

We'll have to make our own internet, infrastructure, backbone?

I'm down with that.

Blogger tz November 03, 2018 10:41 AM  

@1 there are youtube to mp3 converters available. Or downloaders.

Blogger Wanderer November 03, 2018 10:42 AM  

@7 Social media sites track your browser footprint. If you used twitter on your regular phone/pc where you also visit "problematic" sites then you will be put on the blacklist.

Blogger Taqiyyotomist November 03, 2018 10:44 AM  

@6 wins the thread with Paul's admonition to Thessalonica.

Such a perfect comment.

Blogger Tars Tarkusz November 03, 2018 10:59 AM  

The problem with building your own social media is that you end up in a ghetto, which is what happened with Gab, minds and Bitchute.

Having our own payment processors is a different story. Of course, you are still stuck with Visa and MC.

The scammers use gift cards. There is obviously a way to get money off of gift cards or they wouldn't be doing it. We need to figure out a way of allowing gift-card money.

Blogger The Deuce November 03, 2018 11:05 AM  

Just because Bitchute et al are a "ghetto" now doesn't mean they always will be. As the ghetto grows, it ceases to be one. Bitchute already has a lot more content than it had months ago, and is capable of operating on a shoestring budget. The main thing is for the alternative sites to be more FUN than the established players. That's what brings people there, and it's what Youtube and others are helping to make happen.

Blogger Up from the pond November 03, 2018 11:11 AM  

People keep yelping that YouTube is stupid for "working against content creators."

These people don't understand that YouTube isn't stupid. It wants content creators.

But those content creators have to be ABC, NBC, CBS, Netflix, CNN Hollywood studios, etc.

It does not want the plebs as content creators.

It seems clear that YouTube did not intend, and did not anticipate, the plebs making a business doing political commentary on its platform. Or doing any eyeball-attracting commentary, or even creating any eyeball-attracting content.

We plebs are supposed to stay in our box.

We weren't supposed to have anything.

The whole "common people as paid content creators" was like a bug not feature of YouTube.

So stupid of us deplorable nobodies to expect that YouTube would act in good faith, and go into business with us, or let us have anything.

The elites don't want you to succeed, YouTubers. Why don't you understand that? YouTube WANTS to get rid of all non-corporate content creators. It EARNESTLY DESIRES that you go away. It's working hard on that.

I bet if YouTube could push a button and get rid of all content creators who aren't corporate or in close collaboration with same, it would push that button. The only reason YouTube doesn't push that button is some concern over backlash. Whether from Congress or from another Nasim Aghdam. (There will probably be another Nasim Aghdam.)

Are you a YouTuber? Then please clearly understand this: YouTube doesn't want you. It WANTS you to go away. It is doing everything in its power to run you off.

Stop thinking that YouTube is acting in good faith and is merely making some stupid mistakes in "content creator outreach" or whatever. It is trying to kick all of you off, by any means necessary as long as the backlash for doing so is kept within manageable parameters.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 03, 2018 11:17 AM  

I wonder if torrent technology could be adapted to work on livestreams similarly to how Bitchute uses it for uploaded videos.

Yes, it can. Here's a demo of doing a livestream over IPFS, which uses torrent-type block distribution similar to Bitchute.

Blogger Up from the pond November 03, 2018 11:19 AM  

Bogey wrote:Anyone have an opinion on Minds?

They allow users to employ malicious downvoting bots against other users. When contacted, they point-blank refuse to help. Also, as mentioned, refusing users' requests to delete their own accounts isn't good.

Blogger Bultz November 03, 2018 11:27 AM  

I'm not bothered at all about social media disappearing, platforms like youtube and twitter make creative people lazy when it comes to getting their content seen. Something like online publishing houses would take care of the creative/monetization aspect that is the only thing social media is good for anymore - all other aspects of it is literal NSA data farming

Blogger Up from the pond November 03, 2018 11:37 AM  

Turns out "free enterprise" means free enterprise for the elites only - using the plebs' tax money, in the form of subsides, tax breaks, regulatory favoritism etc.

The plebs had a shining moment of hope - like "I'm becoming a multi-millionaire with YouTube!" - before the elites caught on and swiftly moved to close that ugly door.

Never let an elite praise "free enterprise" or "free speech" or "letting the common people have their say" or whatever, ever again.

They don't mean it. They never meant it. It was just a corporate slogan, like "Don't be evil" or "We are one big family here at Globo International."

In other words, a damnable lie.

Blogger Franz Lyonheart November 03, 2018 11:48 AM  

Google is scrubbing certain searches involving Joe Biden. Save your Creepy Uncle Joe archives if ya got 'em.

Do you mean YouTube like this Joe Biden on hot mike?

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 03, 2018 12:03 PM  

@22, So far, I've only seen it in Google site searches of reddit, which is where a lot of it is catalogued. Searches will still turn it up in other places, including Youtube, but we'll see how long it lasts. Hard to tell in cases like this whether it's policy or one individual taking it upon himself to filter something.

Blogger Krymneth November 03, 2018 12:17 PM  

Tars Tarkusz wrote:The problem with building your own social media is that you end up in a ghetto, which is what happened with Gab, minds and Bitchute.

Well, that's the mistake a lot of conservatives have made. You can't just think about now and tomorrow; you need to think about the long term.

You can use their platforms. And you'll get some viewership and maybe some money. And right when it hurts you the most, you'll be deplatformed and sent back to nothing.

Or, you can use the alternatives. Your audience is smaller initially, sure, but you won't get deplatformed. There's a guaranteed crossover point, because when you get deplatformed on the SJW platform, your viewership is now 0. True, true, that's not a "ghetto", because it's simply no voice at all.

So which is better, to have viewers or to not have viewers? That's increasingly the question you're facing.

And it's actually worse than that. What if everyone who is getting deplatformed on the SJW platforms after years of work had actually put the work in on a platform that won't deplatform them at the worst possible time? What if all these channels were somewhere else, instead of supporting and growing the SJW's platforms? Maybe it wouldn't have been such a ghetto after all. Maybe a viable platform would have emerged, if so many conservatives hadn't foolishly supported the SJW platforsm and deliberately hogtied themselves to them.

Vox is right. I don't have much to contribute beyond the money to his efforts (although that is certainly still something), but the right needs to stop thinking they have to do literally everything themselves, and start building useful platforms. If the right had been doing this all along, we wouldn't be in a place where deplatforming was such a devastating weapon in the first place, which would reduce the temptation to use it. Google/Facebook/Twitter only get to do what they're doing at all precisely because we've let them become an oligarchy.

Blogger DJT November 03, 2018 12:20 PM  

I wonder how long until they get JF. He has been judicious about censoring superchats that would violate Canadian law, but it has to be only a matter of time.

Wait till the Dems lose the midterms. All hell will break loose. I hope content creators are bracing for impact and have contingency plans.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 November 03, 2018 12:28 PM  

Don't wait on Bitchute for livestreaming.

DLive already works.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 12:31 PM  

DLive already works.

I set up an account there today, but I have no idea how to connect StreamLabs OBS to DLive yet.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 12:34 PM  

The problem with building your own social media is that you end up in a ghetto.

That is short-sighted, defeatist thinking. As Fox News and Castalia House have shown, what starts out as a ghetto can become a strong, growing community.

Your thinking is the same mistake that convinces parents to send their children to public schools. Sun Tzu warned us not to fight on the enemy's ground thousands of years ago.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 12:34 PM  

Google/Facebook/Twitter only get to do what they're doing at all precisely because we've let them become an oligarchy.

Precisely.

Blogger Peaceful Poster November 03, 2018 12:37 PM  

I wonder how long until they get JF

I have wondered the same thing given the topics he covers and regular guests like the Duke of David.

Maybe the Duke really is "controlled opposition" but he is certainly an excellent guest.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums November 03, 2018 12:54 PM  

Peaceful Poster wrote:Maybe the Duke really is "controlled opposition" but he is certainly an excellent guest.

David Duke is no opposition to anything because the media doesn't care about him anymore. JF is the only guy keeping his name alive. Right now the guy is irrelevant so I doubt the opposition would even bother to try to buy him.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 03, 2018 12:56 PM  

If they got rid of David Duke, they could no longer tell Boomers, "But David Duke supports Trump, how can you?"

Blogger Tars Tarkusz November 03, 2018 1:30 PM  

Perhaps sites built by us can eventually compete, but in the meanwhile we should at least use a multiple post program while you have access to the larger sites.

I really wonder if these things are viable in the long term. The only real advantage any of them have is the size. It's not like Twitter is better than Gab or Minds.
Social media has absolutely poisoned society. It is used for evil too. Twitter and FB facilitate riots IRL as well as the virtual outrage mob. I think their revenue model is questionable at best and deceptive at worst. These things have become the giants they are during a period of easy money that is not going to last forever, not to mention the stock market boom. The stock market more than tripled during the worst recovery in modern history.
Worse, I don't think the government is likely to force these companies to allow anonymous or quasi-anonymous posting. If they do regulate, you will have to show ID. This only partially gets around the censorship aspect. After all, while you have to show your face in public, you are not required to wear a shirt with your full legal name on it either.

Blogger JAU November 03, 2018 1:39 PM  

Ralph didn't virtue signal. Fake News. The point of the healstream was not to "fight back" against hate speech.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 1:52 PM  

Ralph didn't virtue signal. Fake News.

Of course he did. He was trying to show what a nice boy he is. To worse than no avail.

Blogger David The Good November 03, 2018 2:04 PM  

Playing nice is a show of weakness. Just triggers the attack. Blood in the water.

Blogger JAU November 03, 2018 2:50 PM  

That's more cynical than is fair to Ralph. He was trying to help kids with cancer.

Blogger Alexandros November 03, 2018 2:57 PM  

This was never about virtue signalling. If you watched the stream, they knew it was going to be taken down; it was for laughs and charity from the beginning. This spawning the #WSJKillsKids hashtag on twitter was also hilarious.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 3:00 PM  

That's more cynical than is fair to Ralph. He was trying to help kids with cancer.

Don't be naive. I like Ethan. But he doesn't have a long history of making a public point of helping kids with cancer. I'm not saying he isn't sincere in wanting to help them, in fact, I'm certain he is because he is a decent guy. Nevertheless, he was definitely trying to demonstrate that decency to offset the Killstream's negative PR.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 3:02 PM  

This was never about virtue signalling. If you watched the stream, they knew it was going to be taken down; it was for laughs and charity from the beginning.

You are disturbingly naive.

Blogger JAU November 03, 2018 3:09 PM  

"he was definitely trying to demonstrate that decency to offset the Killstream's negative PR."

As you like, but, if so, then having holocaust deniers on stream to rant about roller coasters of death was an interesting way to go about that.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 3:19 PM  

having holocaust deniers on stream to rant about roller coasters of death was an interesting way to go about that.

I assume he calculated that "raising money for kids with cancer" would be sufficient to offset that. And that's a reasonable perspective. The problem is that SJWs are a) not reasonable and b) they don't care about kids with cancer.

They literally live to destroy.

Blogger Joseph Maroney November 03, 2018 3:28 PM  

"This prompted show host Ethan Ralph to fight back by holding a charity stream to benefit St. Jude’s, a research hospital for children with catastrophic diseases. However, YouTube’s new policy on harmful Super Chats has caused a major rift between Ralph and the platform, as well as the Wall Street Journal - which he is now accusing of taking money away from sick children."

This attempt to rehabilitate his image gives him something in common with drug lords. If it was about sick kids he wouldn't have waited until he was in hot water. I can't fault someone for fighting, though.

Blogger Xiety November 03, 2018 3:47 PM  

Alexandros wrote:This spawning the #WSJKillsKids hashtag on twitter was also hilarious.
That's not even a short time-preference.

Blogger Bultz November 03, 2018 3:56 PM  

the funniest thing about that healstream was that he didn't want to sing out loud the lyrics to a moonman song. I was thinking "ralph, you just had a 2 hour holocaust denial debate" - I think he was just too drunk at the time to even think about what was going on

Blogger Jay in DC November 03, 2018 4:09 PM  

I'll give you one thing Vox. You have definitely been ahead of the curve w/ this deplatforming craze. I remember before it even started in earnest you posting about having backup plans.

It is mystifying to me that anyone to the right of Little Benny S. can be shocked and start rheeeeeing when they are non-personed. It is an eventuality almost at this point due to the totally arbitrary nature of the thought police's point & shriek.

It reminds me so much of a big IT shop with no backup / disaster recovery plan and then they tank completely when the crash finally does happen. It defies logic but then, many humans often do defy logic.

The --primary-- challenge of the next few years will be alternative infrastructure unless Trump brings down a God Hammer so strong that no shitlib or NPC dare ever challenge it again. I don't see evidence for that at the moment so proceed with planning until that Rod from God arrives.

Blogger Rhys November 03, 2018 4:10 PM  

The #WSJkillskids hashtag is pretty hilarious rhetoric though.

Blogger JAG November 03, 2018 4:33 PM  

There is a silver lining here. Once we are forced by the left into creating and developing our own separate infrastructure we will be that much closer to a societal divorce.

Of course, the left will panic like you've never seen before once it becomes apparent that the non-left is fully able to walk away.

#USATwoStateSolution

Blogger Cynic In Chief November 03, 2018 4:58 PM  

@35 @37
Yeah, neither of you seem to have listened to the origination of the Healstream. It started as a ploy to try and get Sargon of Akkad to do a debate on the Killstream. They were going to claim that Sargon hated kids with cancer if he didn't come on (which he didn't). It then evolved into an 8 hour extravaganza with various guests coming on (mostly drunk), talking about various topics, and bashing Sargon a bit. Ralph got blackout drunk and the cohosts and most of the guests didn't fare much better. It was still one of the most entertaining and hilarious streams he's done, and raising $26K+ for charity was pretty good.

Ralph has known that his time on YouTube was limited and has had several strikes in the past. He was just surprised by the speed and severity of the deplatforming, as well as St Judes cucking the way they did and refunding the money. DLive seems to be treating him well so far, but there are a few project underway to provide fallback solutions for streaming, video hosting, and communications when Twitter, Patreon, and others all decide to InfoWars him.

Blogger Xiety November 03, 2018 5:00 PM  

Ethan Ralph on the twitter earlier today:

"The admins of Stream.me reached out to me this morning as well. Not only did they deny that they would censor us like I was told, they were pretty eager for us to test the site."

Might be worth checking out.

Blogger Blume November 03, 2018 5:08 PM  

Everybody talks like the ghetto is a bad thing but if the alt reichs are right then the Jews conquered the world from the ghetto. Additionally, Jazz and rap were both created in the ghetto and took over music.

Blogger Brick Hardslab November 03, 2018 5:33 PM  

What are the plans for Castalia unlimited? If you can get me a bunch of ebooks for a cheap price I'm in.

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 5:47 PM  

What are the plans for Castalia unlimited?

We're working on the details now. We'll probably have something in the new year.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums November 03, 2018 6:03 PM  

I'm a long-time listener of the Killstream and the charity stream did start out as a ploy to make fun of Sargon.

Basically they were brainstorming how to get him on and then YouTube released the superchats of charity feature. Ralph is from Memphis and he makes this painfully known as he never shuts up about it. He picked St. Jude's because of this and eventually sold himself the idea of doing a charity stream whether Sargon shows up or not.

It wasn't about virtue signaling in the end. At first it most certainly was just to get Sargon on he could brag to his UKIP pals what a great activist he is. In the actual charity all-star stream they were laughing at how maybe they should put a clause that the money should only go to helping white kids. Also the first thing that happens in the stream was a holocaust debate. JF came on at some point just to say he doesn't support the stream because it might actually find a cure for cancer.

They knew what the optics were, they knew St. Jude's would have declined the money if they saw the stream, and they knew YT might cancel the charity altogether. They still went along with it because the superchats for charity feature was described as having no middleman, meaning the money from each superchat goes directly into St. Jude's bank account more or less anonymously.


On a side note Torba was there too. HE was the one doing it for optics. The moment they started the holocaust debate he quietly left the stream without a word.

Blogger Were-Puppy November 03, 2018 6:07 PM  

@7 Damelon Brinn

I think my own Twitter account got shadow-banned this week, less than a month in.
---

Check this - a way to F with their suppression algo.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1048410436650115078.html

Blogger Were-Puppy November 03, 2018 6:09 PM  

@12 tz
@1 there are youtube to mp3 converters available. Or downloaders.
---

There is such a tool included with Avast antivirus.

Blogger Mark Stoval November 03, 2018 6:31 PM  

This is off-topic for this thread, but not off theme for this site.

Here is a "best comment of the week" winner over at American Renaissance. I really liked this one.

Comment:
-------------------------------------

L.A. and Miami have a lot in common. Both were culturally American cities—that is to say, white—well into the 1970's but have since been transformed into massive forward bases of Hispanic-Afro-Caribbean dysfunction. Also, neither is ever going back to what it used to be.

Of the many sad and frustrating aspects of this transformation, one stands out in my mind. It's the fact that no one today under the age of about 40 has any conscious memory of a time when those cities were, in a sense, bigger and sunnier versions of any other American city. You have to be at least 50+ to remember a time when Miami or L.A. was not full of "vibrancy".

Young people today have no experience of a world where neighborhoods, schools and sitcoms didn't look like the international departure lounge at JFK airport.

They don't know that we were a country once.

Blogger tz November 03, 2018 7:13 PM  

we can't make anyone stop using Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, and YouTube, said on blogger, a Google property as I anxiously await the YouTube Darkstream, and the next Amazon published book while others here who have Facebook and Twitter accounts post.

Torba's error is the same. Stay in Sodom, or take a long slow look back, be turned into a pillar of salt.

The problem is deeper. How can alternatives thrive when those saying that they should be used will REFUSE to move to them until they are deplatformed.

If you build it, they will come, but maybe not until you are already gone from bankruptcy?

If you build it, they will not only not come, but find 99 ways you are doing it wrong and are jut not , not sufficently principled to support them or move there.

Either this is a war where we need to choose sides and FOLLOW generals instead of second guessing them even if you disagree or "we will all hang separately".

It seems the latter is the chosen alternative.

Blogger CitizenOutkast November 03, 2018 7:55 PM  

tz wrote:The problem is deeper. How can alternatives thrive when those saying that they should be used will REFUSE to move to them until they are deplatformed.

I'm not personally into social media. I have little use for it, being mostly anti-social. Or "selectively social," maybe. However, I have conservative friends and the like. If they are on FB and want to leave, their problem is always their family members. The people they connect with won't leave FB and have no concern for "politics," or are leftists and like seeing the right removed. Twitter users are the same.

Those on the right have no stomach for disconnecting from their families, even the members of which are leftists and would rat them out in a heartbeat to help institute a glorious leftist Utopia. So even a good FB replacement wouldn't attract many from the right. In my own experience, I've used Oneway and Tea Party Community, and found neither to be equal in use to FB, which is important to those I've suggested leaving FB. Heck, TPC is so cucked I was banned from there for my "racist" nationalist postings and memes. Format-wise, though, it wasn't a FB killer. So if anything is going to replace FB, it has to be attractive enough to draw the right AND the mouth-breathers who are the bulk of FB users. Only then will conservatives migrate because their family will. Promises of free speech, no censorship, etc. just don't interest most of the public. As long as they get to see pics of someone's food and hear about someone's new relationship status, they just don't give a damn about anything else.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums November 03, 2018 8:00 PM  

tz wrote:How can alternatives thrive when those saying that they should be used will REFUSE to move to them until they are deplatformed.

It's not them it's the audience. They're passive listeners/watchers so they're not used to taking an active approach to consuming the content. As long as the creator is not deplatformed there will always be that part of the audience which will refuse to move to a new platform and complain that the content isn't uploaded on YT as well.

If Ralph would have moved to DLive willingly his audience would have bitched about him not simulcasting on YT as well. Beggars can't be choosers and choosers always find something to bitch about.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 03, 2018 8:01 PM  

tz wrote:The problem is deeper. How can alternatives thrive when those saying that they should be used will REFUSE to move to them until they are deplatformed.


I used to think you were relatively smart.

Blogger Meng Greenleaf November 03, 2018 8:17 PM  

I always assume the 'elites' are idiots. Sure, they use nepotism and fiat debt creation to help maintain their status (two great advantages) but are otherwise idiots. At least the elite I've known. Whether Asian elites or otherwise.

As for YouTube / Google, I'm of the mind that they reflect CA culture. I've known Michiganders who've moved to CA and within 5 years are totally cucked. Are there some people at both want a free and open internet? Sure, but others are slowly taking over these corporations - purely because they want thought-control.

It may even be why they're successful inside Google and YouTube? They control people, it works, they advance. Then they apply their heuristic like a pigeon in a Skinner box to people outside their organizational control / us (for the same reasons the pigeon would - working on very similar reward pathways).

Solution?

Use the capital built up by YouTube and Google to build alternative options perhaps consider using non-English based Apps (I'm always looking around for Japanese options). In time both YouTube and Google will be superseded by newer and better technology.

BPS (a YouTuber) suggested the use of cockney-slang replacing bad-thought-words with iconic brands like NBC, Ford, etc... to mess with their AI. I would add, at the same time, supporting the alternative platforms with normal-speak :) Watch as the AI directs traffic to the normal platforms :D

Blogger Raker_T November 03, 2018 8:19 PM  

Lots of people talking about deplatforming, but how often do people also mention their alternate location? That is, if most people were regularly saying "I'm also at (OneWay, Minds, etc) this is my username", then it would be something like a trend on the right. Could people do one post at big site, then the next post a partial teaser, with a link to the smaller site? Is there a static page somewhere that lists and describes alternate sites?

Blogger AdognamedOp November 03, 2018 8:34 PM  

I started reading the WSJ article about this and laughed when they said someone in the superchats donated 2 dollars to say; " How do you get a Jewish girls number, roll up her sleeve."
I've seen worse on EVS' chats yet he's still raking in SC funds while kids die..

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums November 03, 2018 8:50 PM  

Raker_T wrote:Could people do one post at big site, then the next post a partial teaser, with a link to the smaller site? Is there a static page somewhere that lists and describes alternate sites?

What use it for a creator to upload their content too all these other sites when the audience can get the same content on YT? What you're suggesting has been tried before. I know AiU (the leftist version of Andrew Anglin) was kicked off YT dozens of times. At some point he used to post trailers to his new videos on YT, the videos being hosted on other sites. Guess what, the guy's still using YT.

The ball is always in the court of the audience. I thought Molyneux was making a mistake staying on YT because I assumed his podcast site was getting a lot more traffic. It doesn't so he didn't.

Or look at Minds. From an user standpoint it's far better than YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter combined. It's a wasteland of accounts that people don't bother using.

Or look at Myspace. People complain and complain about Facebook but Myspace still exists and is a tried and tested formula for social networking. Again, nobody bothers using it.

The key to migrating to an alternative is deplatfoming. No other method seems to work.

Blogger Raker_T November 03, 2018 9:58 PM  

"The key to migrating to an alternative is deplatfoming. No other method seems to work."
OK, but what I'm talking about is attempting to familiarize your audience with the other location, so that when the deplatform happens, some will find it, not think, "Oh shite,he's completely vanished". Several years ago, I used to regularly look at WND,but I stopped. Now I'm looking at Info Wars because it was already up and running. I went there to bolster his visits after the big event, but liked it enough to drop in every couple of days.

Blogger Bob Loblaw November 03, 2018 10:01 PM  

The Deuce wrote:Just because Bitchute et al are a "ghetto" now doesn't mean they always will be. As the ghetto grows, it ceases to be one. Bitchute already has a lot more content than it had months ago, and is capable of operating on a shoestring budget. The main thing is for the alternative sites to be more FUN than the established players. That's what brings people there, and it's what Youtube and others are helping to make happen.

That's true, but the attack is very broad. IMO the fact that youtube or twitter can ban you is a minor obstacle, as these services can be replaced. But how can you make money if no financial institution is willing to work with you?

Blogger VD November 03, 2018 10:18 PM  

we can't make anyone stop using Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, and YouTube, said on blogger, a Google property as I anxiously await the YouTube Darkstream, and the next Amazon published book while others here who have Facebook and Twitter accounts post.

Stop fucking whining all the damn time, TZ. I am confident that I am not the only one sick of your constant bitching about every perceived lack of purity and perfection.

This blog WILL stay on Blogger until they kick me off. Got it? I have always made that perfectly clear to everyone for years.

Why are you even commenting here, you complete hypocrite? Why do you have a Google account?

While you bitch and whine, many of us are actually taking action. But it's not fast enough for TZ. It doesn't meet with the Secret King's oh-so-lofty standards for everyone else. If Rome isn't built in a day, then it's not worthy of him.

I've spent literally the last two fucking weeks working on alternative platforms until 4 AM every night, so I'm not in the mood to listen to whiny little fucks like you crying about this blog still being where it has been for the last 15 years. Again.

Blogger Tars Tarkusz November 03, 2018 10:53 PM  

YouTube is now stealing money off of people. They are using their algorithm to flag 'hate speech' on superchats and instead of giving the money to the streamer, they are giving it to charity.

This is just another example of the fall of the rule of law. How in the world can they do this?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 04, 2018 12:07 AM  

Tars Tarkusz wrote:How in the world can they do this?
Nobody has sued them yet, and if somebody did sue them, there's no guarantee that the law would factor in the court's decision.

Blogger Bob Loblaw November 04, 2018 12:59 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Tars Tarkusz wrote:How in the world can they do this?

Nobody has sued them yet, and if somebody did sue them, there's no guarantee that the law would factor in the court's decision.


I'd be very surprised if you didn't sign away all your rights when you use their platform.

Blogger Lurker November 04, 2018 1:15 AM  

"I'd be very surprised if you didn't sign away all your rights when you use their platform."

Including human rights?

Blogger Dirk Manly November 04, 2018 1:13 AM  

Rights are rights. Judges are taking an increasingly dim view on the concept that someone can be alienated from their inalienable rights -- EULAs be damned.

Blogger Bob Loblaw November 04, 2018 1:23 AM  

Which inalienable right do you believe has been infringed here?

Blogger Dirk Manly November 04, 2018 1:53 AM  

The Right to Free Speech for one, obviously.

If you say, "But they don't have a right to use YouTube's network to do it." That's easily destroyed with the Left's favorite tool to be used against whoever they would call bigots -- "Youtube has made themselves a PUBLIC ACCOMODATION" and therefore, can't kick people out for merely saying disagreeable things.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 04, 2018 1:56 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Dirk Manly November 04, 2018 11:48 AM  

If you want to see the destruction of the theory that public accomodation trumps the right of Freedom of Assembly, the ONLY way to do it is to make the left eat that shit-sandwich, too.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts