ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Rule by immigrant

Tucker Carlson correctly identifies the fundamental failure of the US immigration system that was created by the confluence of immigration and excessive democracy:
For the left, whether the country benefits is not the point. Congresswoman Ilhan Omar––herself a symbol of America’s failed immigration system if there ever was one, someone who hates this country coming here at public expense––spent yesterday demanding the abolition of ICE, the decriminalization of illegal immigration itself, and an end to all deportation programs. She demands open borders, the unlimited arrival of anyone who wants to come to America, whether they have anything to contribute or not, and by the way you get to pay for it.
Tom Wolfe saw this coming at the turn of the century. I doubt it escaped his attention that the disastrous 1965 Naturalization Act that destroyed the USA was championed by immigrants and the children of immigrants.

Did anybody high or low look for a Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi to create a new tribute on the order of the Statue of Liberty for the nation that in the twentieth century, even more so than in the nineteenth, opened her arms to people from all over the globe—to Vietnamese, Thais, Cambodians, Laotians, Hmong, Ethiopians, Albanians, Senegalese, Guyanese, Eritreans, Cubans, as well as everybody else—and made sure they enjoyed full civil rights, including the means to take political power in a city the size of Miami if they could muster the votes?

And as soon as American immigration restrictions were relaxed in the 1960s, people of every land, every color, every religion, people from Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean, began pouring into the United States.
- Tom Wolfe, Hooking Up

Labels: ,

52 Comments:

Blogger God Emperor Memes May 19, 2019 8:02 AM  

Indeed, they do not have The Right Stuff.

Blogger Shimshon May 19, 2019 8:25 AM  

Vox, thanks for turning me on to the fascinating Tom Wolfe essay about Silicon Valley. For the interested, it first appeared in Esquire, and is available online here.

Blogger John Rockwell May 19, 2019 8:42 AM  

Also relevant:
https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/gangs-in-el-salvador-a-new-type-of-insurgency

MS-13 and other gangs that are composed mainly of El Salvadorian immigrants that the USA has.

Are insurgencies challenging state power.

They have successfully driven out the official government and its law in certain areas and established its own.

Organized crime when powerful enough morphs into a warlord fief where criminals can act with impunity murdering and raping.

Blogger The Lab Manager May 19, 2019 8:54 AM  

But the libertardians love unlimited immigration. It's all about 'cheap' labor. I'm sure you can take anyone from any turd world country and they would know NAP and PPS concepts.

Blogger Stilicho May 19, 2019 8:54 AM  

Make America American Again!

Blogger NP_see May 19, 2019 9:23 AM  

Trudeau said “there is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada… those are the qualities that make us the first postnational state.”

Problem solved.

Blogger Lovekraft May 19, 2019 9:42 AM  

If I could put the psychological impact (among others) of having a culture connected to the Middle East and Africa (socialism/communism, BLM, globojihad, darkoilmoney, Omar/Tlaib/Ellisons, to name a few), I estimate that around 40% of our potential and well-being is drained in having to deal with them.

If this could be put in some type of easy-to-understand metrics, it could help drive the movement for westerners (and whites in particular) to 1. push for galaxy-level reparations and 2. disentanglement/separation.

The globalist propaganda is pushing all the above on us, while at the same time pushing news that shames criticism and falsely elevates.

Blogger Damn the torpedos May 19, 2019 10:03 AM  

If the American people ever understand what has been done to them

The neo Palestinians will be expelled from a 110 country

Blogger LES May 19, 2019 10:17 AM  

ICE to move 225,000 illegals across country. (Drudge)
Why were they let in? Were the migrant caravans allowed to cross the border? Is this to cause despair and resignation in the citizens of the US? Who is in charge?

Blogger David Ray Milton May 19, 2019 10:22 AM  

Tucker is a brave man for 2019. He has got some stones to say what he correctly says in such a hostile cultural context on such a large platform. I’m often baffled to why he has not been silenced yet. God give him the strength to continue.

Blogger Hammerli 280 May 19, 2019 10:39 AM  

@6: Maybe it's time to mount an effort to shatter Canada and pick up some pieces...those with lots of natural resources.

And yes, it's clearly time to shut immigration down and remove the deadweights who have been imported to our land.

Blogger Damn the torpedos May 19, 2019 10:41 AM  

“But the libertardians love unlimited immigration. It's all about 'cheap' labor.”

The more thought I give to that position the more sickening it is. Libertarians publicly celebrate the stagnant wages of their countrymen.

Blogger DonReynolds May 19, 2019 10:56 AM  

Some of the history buffs spend a bit of time speculating about what the coming US civil war II might look like and to do that they naturally pull from the nearest example they can find, rather than simply think "it will be like last time". They may be familiar enough with military history without being too interested in current military methods and plans and equipment. Yes, technology has changed the battlefield in many ways but there are some things that never change.

I am going to go ahead and vote on the Spanish Civil War of the 1930s as the one most similar to the coming US civil war II. It is not because I like the story, because I do not, nor do I care for the causes, but the parallels are difficult to ignore for very long. Given my own preferences, I had rather follow the Irish experience in the 20th century, but we probably won't be so lucky as the Irish.

Americans have become of two incompatible minds and the American tradition of compromise and peaceful coexistence appears to be a lost art form. We have lost our ability to "horse trade". No one wants to negotiate and there is no forum where that can take place on a national level and there is no one who wants to. That makes for a dangerous situation and it fills me with all kinds of dread.

The Left is impatient. For all their Marxist talk about being on the "right side of history" and "demographic inevitability", they show no interest in letting their fruit ripen and fall into their hands. They want it all today and they are willing to chop down the tree in order to more easily collect that fruit. They have given up on political persuasion and the slow march of Fabian Socialism. They demand power over the rest of us without wanting our surrender. They have no intention of winning any hearts and minds because they do not want us in THEIR society, not even as slaves. They want the rest of us dead and destroyed and buried and forgotten. So they have made their impatience a matter of survival for the rest of us. A grim reality that will only become more bitter with time and continue until one side or the other is gone from this land.

Blogger Right Republican May 19, 2019 11:15 AM  

If there's any issue that proves MPAI it has to be illegal immigration. Trying to talk logic and numbers and consequences to these people who favor it is beyond frustrating. They fully believe in the Zeroth Amendment, the Magic Dirt Theory, and Diversity Is Strength. Trying to get them cite evidence only solicits accusations of racism.

Blogger Tars Tarkas May 19, 2019 11:21 AM  

Tucker is cucking. We don't need any immigrants at all. I don't want to import a new foreign elite anymore than I want to import a new criminal class.

I really wish Trump would stop doing this stupid shit. Build the wall and drain the swamp. The majority of GOP voters and the vast majority of his base want all immigration massively slowed down if not halted altogether.

Blogger bdoran May 19, 2019 11:30 AM  

Latin American Politics followed North as naturally as cusine- and yes criminal cartels as political parties and armies are essence of Latin American Politics since the Spanish were overthrown. Same with Islam, dare we say others...


There’s nothing new about any of this - its just new to us.

Blogger bdoran May 19, 2019 11:32 AM  

Agree. We are quite on the path Spain walked - if not Germany.

Blogger Owen May 19, 2019 11:45 AM  

Thanks for the link. Good read.

Blogger cloom May 19, 2019 11:56 AM  

I think the elevation of foreigners over our own kind started in families. The old-country immigrant-fathers belittled his own children, and elevated the new world over his own children, especially the mixed-marriages, Irish/Italian/French/German/English.
Those children do not love their own kind, just as their own family do not love them. Maybe those children are the 1960s promiscuous hippies, or the chain reaction goes back farther than that.

Blogger TheMaleRei May 19, 2019 12:17 PM  

@6

What the fornication is a "postnational state"?

It sounds like Trudeau wants Canada to become the United Nations - a place where corruption is endemic, strife is widespread, peacekeepers / police are regularly investigated for corruption-rape-prostitution-smuggling, the rule of the shrieking prevails over reason, where the elites rule without consequence...

Sounds like he's looking for a class, an ethnic group (or mix thereof) that he can rule because of their self-satisfied and proud deliberate ignorance and incompetence and rejection of logos...

What a nightmare Canada has chosen for itself...

Blogger Red Bane May 19, 2019 12:54 PM  

"1965 Naturalization Act that destroyed the USA was championed by immigrants and the children of immigrants."

I like this euphemism. Not quite as punchy as 'rootless cosmopolitans', but expressive none the less.

Blogger Primus Pilus May 19, 2019 1:10 PM  

Tars Tarkas wrote:The majority of GOP voters and the vast majority of his base want all immigration massively slowed down if not halted altogether.

Sadly, there's a huge chunk of BoomerCons that still rally behind "AS LONG AS IT'S LEGAL"

Blogger Longtime Lurker May 19, 2019 1:15 PM  

Ilhan Omar. Making the Alt Right inevitable since 2019.

You go girl!

Blogger lowercaseb May 19, 2019 1:17 PM  

For those who want a great video on the Spanish Civil War...I HIGHLY recommend as it really gets into the weeds as to the underlining causes. There are a lot of parallels that we can learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RhewkQbOk

Blogger binks webelf May 19, 2019 1:20 PM  

In the late 60's, Justin's father the dreadful radical Pierre Trudeau changed Canadian immigration laws from requiring immigrants to have provable skills & education, to a free-for-all, and a indiscriminate refugee system. More recently, Trudeau Jr. has taken on on the Macron-Merkel model of suicide by ever-increasing Muslim immigration to Canada-- mostly from the third world-- of people who almost immediately go on welfare and start a fresh no-go sharia zone upon arriving.

I'm sure it's fine.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia May 19, 2019 2:34 PM  

David Ray Milton wrote:Tucker is a brave man for 2019. He has got some stones to say what he correctly says in such a hostile cultural context on such a large platform. I’m often baffled to why he has not been silenced yet. God give him the strength to continue.

Four reasons why he hasn't been silenced, not necessarily in order of importance.

First, he's absolutely intellectually honest. Some of his positions are great, some not so, but he takes ownwership of what he says.

Second, he's a dedicated father, husband, and great boss. Talk to anyone who has met with him or dealt with him. A character guy.

Third, he's REALLY good on TV. When he reads the prompter, it's him. He's got presence, a confidence that occasionally morphs into brashness, but even then, he's himself.

Fourth, and finally, his rating are REALLY good. The Murdochs ride winners, their cuckiness not withstanding. Tucker is winning.

Blogger Archella May 19, 2019 3:03 PM  

I just read this transcript yesterday, of Buchanan interviewing Trump from a 1987 Crossfire episode and interestingly, when asked his favorite author, Trump replied, Tom Wolfe. https://buchanan.org/blog/buchanan-interviews-donald-trump-on-cnns-crossfire-1987-136960

Blogger binks webelf May 19, 2019 3:26 PM  

Some exciting African vibrancy during a visit by Arnie to South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh6DmEUXh5g

Blogger Sherlock May 19, 2019 3:36 PM  

This is the issue that led me away from NAP and any other libertarian theory. Lots of Target Liberty folks here...

Blogger sammibandit May 19, 2019 3:41 PM  

@binks

I work on a road near a welfare building. Regarding the clients about 1/3 are disabled, 1/3 native, 1/3 entitled muslims who try to steal our parking. The natives are young and clearly down on their luck/demoralized. Most are quite nice people. The disabled people are similar, a bit older and white or metis, and both are glad for decent, human interaction. The muslims either drive brand new, low OAC vehicles, or crappy and old domestics, and they're all entitled. They seem completely unaware of how disliked they are by the working class, retired boomers of all classes, and Ally country immigrants. It's kind of funny how clueless they are. We have a saying here: fit in. Or eff off. We're not uncordial but we are without feeling for the time being.

Blogger sammibandit May 19, 2019 3:47 PM  

Well said @KP. Can't cuck the Tuck YouTube compilations are made exactly because he's a premiere showman and rigorously honest. He reminds me a lot of old school presenters. I liked how he played against Benny Hawk that local job security is foundational to national health. It had rhetoric and dialectic and exposed Shapiro's psychopathic lack of empathy. Stuff like that is why he's re-watchable.

Blogger Nate May 19, 2019 3:48 PM  

tucker's derisive laugh is one of the most deadly weapons on television.

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim May 19, 2019 3:54 PM  

Neo-Babel approaches its expiration date. God showed Mercy the first time by merely separating them, what he does to quell this second Global rebellion of Humanity could be far worse.

Blogger Clint May 19, 2019 4:11 PM  

Nate wrote:tucker's derisive laugh is one of the most deadly weapons on television.

Nate, Tucker Carlson face is one of the best things of the past decade.

Blogger wahr01 May 19, 2019 6:05 PM  

@9

ICE and DHS are flying these illegals to Democrat/Sanctuary districts like Trump said he would.

This is hilarious.

Blogger weka May 19, 2019 6:18 PM  

Trudeau is already corrupt, his courts are converged, and there have been multiple scandals in the police and defence force.

Trudeau is post UN.

Blogger VFM #7634 May 19, 2019 6:56 PM  

Problem is, most of what the Trump administration can do in tightening the screws on immigration is being done quietly where the average American doesn't know about it.

For example, births in the U.S. in 2018 to Asian mothers are down 5.2% from 2016, and those to Hispanic mothers are down 3.5%. This, despite a healthy economy and the fact that death rates among both groups are still very low.

Blogger wahr01 May 19, 2019 7:49 PM  

@38

Trump winning in immigration is not good for ratings.
Last month Trump won a huge case allowing him to ship many migrants right back to Mexico to wait for their hearings.

The SJW media won't report it because it's a loss for them.
Right-leaning "immigration hawk" outlets like Breitbart won't report it because it won't give them rage-clicks.

So nobody knows unless they're diligently searching for news on this.

Blogger Harry_the_Horrible May 19, 2019 10:11 PM  

Neah.
It's gonna look like the Lebanese civil war.

Blogger Damelon Brinn May 19, 2019 10:36 PM  

@39, And it wouldn't help for Trump himself to trumpet those victories because that could result in people getting complacent. He needs to keep people angry and frustrated because the problem is still vast and he needs more pressure on Congress and the courts to cooperate with him. Possibly he will talk more about the wins on the campaign trail; but for now, as you say, you have to pay attention and read past the narrative to see them.

Blogger Zaklog the Great May 20, 2019 1:03 AM  

Could've sworn I posted a comment here. Did I misspeak somehow and not get approved? Or did I fail to hit "Publish" before I went to a different site?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 20, 2019 1:54 AM  

Zaklog the Great wrote:Did I misspeak somehow and not get approved?
Thanks to the huge volume of fgts and anklebiters, Vox has implemented full moderation. There are more than a dozen vounteer moderators, and the standards are intentionally vague.
If it was deleted (likely) then either you were responding to a fgt like Spooner that slipped through and you got spammed along with him when a moderator noticed, or you said something that struck one of the moderators as offensive or gamma or otherwise not up to the standards of the venue, and it was deleted.

Blogger Frank Ness May 20, 2019 4:38 AM  

"If there's any issue that proves MPAI it has to be illegal immigration. Trying to talk logic and numbers and consequences to these people who favor it is beyond frustrating. They fully believe in the Zeroth Amendment, the Magic Dirt Theory, and Diversity Is Strength. Trying to get them cite evidence only solicits accusations of racism."

Hear that brother. When it's family that all for globalism/open borders because "muh racism" it's even more frustrating if you can believe it. You feel like disowning them so they can enjoy their new diverse "family". The ironic thing is that the foreign invaders have ZERO intention of adopting them. MPAI can't be fixed.

Blogger Frank Ness May 20, 2019 4:47 AM  

"I think the elevation of foreigners over our own kind started in families. The old-country immigrant-fathers belittled his own children, and elevated the new world over his own children, especially the mixed-marriages, Irish/Italian/French/German/English.
Those children do not love their own kind, just as their own family do not love them. Maybe those children are the 1960s promiscuous hippies, or the chain reaction goes back farther than that."


This. I have noticed it as well. The "muh racism" charge is so perverse in causing capitulation it definitely caused an increase in inter-racial porn. MPAI whites will do ANYTHING not to be labeled racist and I mean anything.

Blogger Frank Ness May 20, 2019 4:55 AM  

And Christians are the biggest dupes of all for immigrant invasion/Tower of Babel 2.0. What part of most of those invaders are mooselimbs that serve the devil via their false religion don't you "brothers and sisters" get!!?? No wonder some atheists look at Christianity as a suicide cult. Yeah just bring in all the mooeslimb rift raft from around the world who btw are persecuting and murdering your fellow "brothers and sisters" in their country of origin and it should be all good because "magic dirt".

Obviously MPAI applies to Christians as well but Lord have mercy it shouldn't be that bad!!??

Blogger OneWingedShark May 20, 2019 10:27 AM  

Stilicho wrote:Make America American Again!
"But Mexicans and Guatemalans are Americans!" /s

I wonder how long it'll take before "let's just kill them" becomes a mainstream thought/solution to the invasion — this seems to be one of the thoughts that is ruthlessly stamped out by the globalist media/government alliance, and I wonder if it's further along [to the mainstream] than anyone really knows.

Blogger S1AL May 20, 2019 10:29 AM  

@Zaklog I've had some issues with the Blogger comment function breaking temporarily. It ate two comments yesterday.

Blogger OneWingedShark May 20, 2019 10:48 AM  

VFM #7634 wrote:Problem is, most of what the Trump administration can do in tightening the screws on immigration is being done quietly where the average American doesn't know about it.
A-10s and M-109s can be used, publicly and openly — there's no need for this "secret enforcement" BS and, indeed, such would be far more counterproductive precisely because (1) the Constitution demands it, (2) international law allows it, and most importantly (3) the [real] Americans want it… but then again 'our' elites really love globalism and want to see us destroyed.

Forgive me, but I do not "Turst the Paln!", I do not believe "secret executions" are Justice, and I do not believe that there is a solution without bloodshed absent a Biblical-scale miracle — and I want to see traitors hanged, publicly.

Blogger chronoblip May 20, 2019 11:47 AM  

Frank Ness wrote:No wonder some atheists look at Christianity as a suicide cult.

That's projection. Christians believe there is another life after this material life ends, and our temporal sacrifices can reap eternal rewards. Atheists, excluding the eternal, judge actions based on an entirely material context, and so will have a distorted view on appropriate Christian behavior, because they're supplementing their own relevant criteria while pretending that such selections of criteria are universally applicable.

Likewise, "Christian idiots" are fixated on isolated attributes of God, but the attribute isn't false, they're just doing exactly what always happens when one acts on any attribute viewed in isolation.

Like harshly judging the value of Darkstreams through a video which only includes the insults and gamma callouts that Vox has made, he has still made them, but there was a lot of other important content which can't be disregarded just because it is true he said those things.

Folks who can't handle subtlety throw out the baby with the bath water.

Blogger Sherlock May 20, 2019 12:14 PM  

We Christians would do well to recognize that God created nations, acknowledges them in Scripture, and does not disparage them.

Blogger Frank Ness May 20, 2019 2:01 PM  

""That's projection."

Probably.

"Christians believe there is another life after this material life ends, and our temporal sacrifices can reap eternal rewards."

Are Christians really "sacrificing" by letting in the invaders or just deceived?

"Folks who can't handle subtlety throw out the baby with the bath water."

Satan is subtle, so I am not sure what point you're trying to make. But we are instructed to not tempt the Lord by suicidal actions...Matthew 4:6

Blogger Ominous Cowherd May 30, 2019 9:02 AM  

sammibandit wrote:The natives are young and clearly down on their luck/demoralized. Most are quite nice people.

Nice. Canadian. It's you-all's curse.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts