ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Impeachment attempt fails

And it wasn't even close, because "racist, racist" isn't working any better than "Russia, Russia" did:
The House voted on Wednesday to table a resolution from Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, to impeach President Donald Trump over racist comments he made about four Democratic congresswomen of color, effectively killing the measure.

The vote — 332 to 95, with one lawmaker voting "present" — marked the first time the Democratic-controlled chamber had weighed in on impeachment, an issue that has created a widening schism within the party. Progressive newcomers and several 2020 candidates have pushed for impeachment proceedings, but the House leadership, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has been resistant.

All Republicans joined with 137 Democrats and the lone independent, Justin Amash, to table the resolution.
Meanwhile, Americans are chanting "send her back" about the Somali woman squatting in the US Congress who allegedly married her own brother:
President Donald Trump slammed Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the members of 'squad' at his campaign rally Wednesday night with supporters responding with shouts of 'send her back, send her back.'

While the president raged against all four lawmakers who make up the squad individually - and railed against several of the Democratic presidential contenders - it was Omar, who is a frequent target of his ire, who bore the brunt of his criticism.

Trump accused Omar of blaming terrorists attacks on our country just hours after igniting a debate over rumors she was married to her brother.

'She smeared U.S. Service members involved in Black Hawk Down,' he said referring to the failed 1993 raid in Mogadishu by the U.S. military. 'In other words, she slandered the brave Americans were trying to keep peace in Somalia. Omar minimized the September 11th attacks on our homeland saying some people did something,' he added.

Outside the White House earlier that day he had said, 'I hear that she was married to her brother,' repeating claims which have swirled around Omar since her 2016 campaign.

A Somali blog first accused her of marrying her brother and of being a bigamist. It prompted her to issue statements which have not helped in disproving the claims.
That sound you're hearing is the Overton Window shattering again. And I do so enjoy the delicate phrasing of the term "prompted her to issue statements which have not helped in disproving the claims" which is considerably more accurate than the false US narrative of the claims being "baseless".

Labels: ,

75 Comments:

Blogger tublecane July 18, 2019 5:41 AM  

"to impeach President Donald Trump over racist comments"

Was there even an effort to cook up phony charges, or are we just going to pretend saying something allegedly "racist" is a high crime and/or misdemeanor?

Blogger Quicksilver July 18, 2019 5:49 AM  

It is indeed a clown world. And trump is exposing and shattering it at the same time. That's very skillful

Blogger Lovekraft July 18, 2019 6:07 AM  

Meanwhile the pathetic DNC presidential candidates are sitting and watching for any slipup by Trump.

Not outlining a better economic/immigration alternative. No. That would require 'heavy lifting'. The Obama vision has taken root in these marxists and they have no idea the jig is up. There will be another cultural wave in which African/ME culture is extolled, but it will be seen by many as base pandering and fake 'real'

Blogger Brett baker July 18, 2019 6:20 AM  

Time to make sure the helicopters are ready to fly?

Blogger ScottC July 18, 2019 6:31 AM  

The (((establishment))) let Trump get away with it because Omar has criticized the Israeli lobby.

Blogger Rek. July 18, 2019 6:38 AM  

Trump @ NC rally: "Omar has a history of launching vicious antisemitic screech."

Crowd: "Send her back!! Send her back!! Send her back!! Send her back!!"

Blogger Salt July 18, 2019 6:47 AM  

Question is, if a Somali woman from Minnesota divorces her husband are they still brother and sister?

Blogger mgh July 18, 2019 6:57 AM  

She is no more an American than a man claiming to be trans is a woman. Fake Americans, fake women, fake news, everything is fake.

Blogger Cederq July 18, 2019 7:04 AM  

Salt, in the South, yes.

Blogger Stilicho July 18, 2019 7:20 AM  

"Trump accused Omar of blaming terrorists attacks on our country just hours after igniting a debate over rumors she was married to her brother."

I will enjoy watching Omar and the media deny the incestuous bigamy story while claiming Trump is making it up only to have Trump reveal proof. The pattern repeats and the retarded left is struggling to touch the hot stove. Again. Face first.

Blogger The Cooler July 18, 2019 7:21 AM  

HONK HONK

Blogger Doktor Jeep July 18, 2019 7:26 AM  

Wonder how the Jews in Congress voted...

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 18, 2019 7:34 AM  

I read yesterday that Omar the Crazy Brave is going to introduce as a bill a BDS bill which will be burnt upon receipt. But damn she is valuable, Trump has to love her and I think she is great, she still has to go back but if she takes Lil Ben under one arm and Kristol under the other, she's gold.

Blogger God Emperor Memes July 18, 2019 7:58 AM  

I would love to see ICE investigate Ilhan Omar for visa fraud and then deport it.

Blogger Stilicho July 18, 2019 8:25 AM  

I'd rather see her burned at the stake as befits a witch, but I'll take what I can get for now.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 18, 2019 8:26 AM  

Meanwhile, Ben Shapiro had to declare on Twitter that he does not have dual citizenship. Of course, he left out the fact that he doesn't need it in advance because he can walk into Israel any time and do the paperwork later. But it's still instructive that he had to say it, and it's not unconnected from this situation.

Blogger Thad Tuiol July 18, 2019 8:29 AM  

You won't believe how deranged people are about all this in my office. Trump knows how to push their buttons, and by not backing down and never apologizing he really is making their liberal heads explode.

Blogger Rick July 18, 2019 8:41 AM  

I’m wondering who will play Q Baby in the Disney movie 10 years from now.

Trick question! They’ll be no more Disney 10 years from now.

Blogger Duke Norfolk July 18, 2019 8:42 AM  

tublecane wrote:Was there even an effort to cook up phony charges, or are we just going to pretend saying something allegedly "racist" is a high crime and/or misdemeanor?

We get more third-world-like every day. Imagine that.

Blogger Desdichado July 18, 2019 8:51 AM  

Stilicho wrote:I'd rather see her burned at the stake as befits a witch, but I'll take what I can get for now.
All in due time. In the meantime, there are still people who are hearing what her "anti-Semitic" remarks and coming to the same conclusions that the right already has come to about anti-Semitic that they've previously come to about accusations of racist. In her own way, and not because she means to, she's still doing Americans a service of sorts.

Blogger Sargent.matrim July 18, 2019 8:53 AM  

That the measure lost is great, but the fact that it got 95 votes is a worrying sign of a lack of intelligence and think skin in the Congress.

Fancy impeaching a President because he's mean. Wow!

That's up there with Richard Dawkins argument that God can't be real because he is too mean.

Blogger Whitecloak July 18, 2019 9:00 AM  

@13 We should arm and equip her and the Somalis in MN to filibuster Mogadishu.

They all have to go back, but we can send them with armaments and well wishes.

Blogger Bucephalus July 18, 2019 9:08 AM  

I have never been more motivated, and it’s because of Donald J Trump. We have someone that punches back. If I was using a sports analogy I would say he is the type of coach that you not only wanna play for but want to run through walls for.

Blogger Miguel July 18, 2019 9:11 AM  

She is as american as Ben Shapiro.

Blogger Dan in Georgia July 18, 2019 9:41 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger ChicagoFire July 18, 2019 9:47 AM  

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1151284073387581441

"NEW: The RNC releases a brutal new campaign ad highlighting the extreme rhetoric coming from Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)"

The GOP is finally starting to get it. I could be wrong but it looks like the average citizen is realizing the Democrat party has lost its mind.

Blogger Dan in Georgia July 18, 2019 9:48 AM  

“Meanwhile Ben Shapiro had to deny that he has dual citizenship”

That actually makes it worse.

He could just have divided loyalty, but his sole loyalty is to a foreign government.

What’s the word for that again?

Blogger Honkler Bear July 18, 2019 9:50 AM  

(((Some people))) tried to impeach some president and failed.

Send her back.

Blogger Gettimothy July 18, 2019 9:55 AM  

Meanwhile, Americans are chanting "send her back" about the Somali woman squatting in the US Congress who allegedly married her own brother

And Bill Kristol's twitter feed is condeming us for chanting it.

Blogger Gettimothy July 18, 2019 10:01 AM  

@26

The slogan America. One "Squad" Under God
is going to force a debate the globalists do not want.

The predictable "which god?" debate and pushback is going to occur.Watch for Trump to amplify and double up by affirming Christendom and Christ

Blogger BastionHarm July 18, 2019 10:09 AM  

The predictable "which god?" debate and pushback is going to occur.Watch for Trump to amplify and double up by affirming Christendom and Christ

Trump is beholden to "JUDEO-Christ", so this won't happen.

Blogger Submitted2Christ July 18, 2019 10:22 AM  

"And it wasn't even close, because "racist, racist, racist" isn't working any better than "Russia, Russia, Russia" did:"

Although reports claim that many in the Trump administration are trembling over the new Marcia, Marcia, Marcia strategy.

Blogger Silent Draco July 18, 2019 10:25 AM  

Bill Kristol is complaining? Send him back, too.

/sarcasm on
His cousin can get him a ticket below wholesale price. Such a deal! /sarcasm off

Blogger Gettimothy July 18, 2019 10:26 AM  

@31 and when it does your kind will move on to the next black pill.

Blogger nidus of inflection July 18, 2019 10:34 AM  

mgh wrote:She is no more an American than a man claiming to be trans is a woman. Fake Americans, fake women, fake news, everything is fake.

She's transnational. She was born a Somali. Despite her or anyone else's delusion, she will always be a Somali.

Blogger BastionHarm July 18, 2019 10:37 AM  

@31 and when it does your kind will move on to the next black pill.

What exactly is "my kind?"

Pointing out that Trump is thoroughly beholden to Judeo-Christ and therefore isn't going to come out and start "affirming Christ and Christendom"...is simply stating the Truth.

Tell you what though, if he ever does, I will be the first to admit I was wrong and I would welcome his move (rather than, contra your assertion, I will just "move on to the next blackpill").

But I just don't see any reasons to believe that Trump will ever do such a thing. He never has before, and I don't see anything in his character or his Boomer outlook that tells me he will ever do such a thing.

But if you are so sure about that (Trump coming out one day and affirming Christ and Christendom)...how much would YOU be willing to wager that he will do so?

Blogger anorganicbear July 18, 2019 10:40 AM  

Can we send Amash back too?

Blogger Tars Tarkas July 18, 2019 10:41 AM  

Stilicho wrote:will enjoy watching Omar and the media deny the incestuous bigamy story while claiming Trump is making it up only to have Trump reveal proof.

From what I read, this was a immigration scam and that her brother she was married to lived with her and her boyfriend who is the father of her children and moved out shortly after getting a green card.


I really don't get why this was supposed be so racist. Have we really reached a point where criticizing someone not white is de facto racism?

Blogger IrishFarmer July 18, 2019 10:47 AM  

The Overton window isnt shifting or cracking or smashing in any meaningful way here. Ilhan Omar went up against the chosen, so Trump is being allowed off the leash a bit to piss on her lawn that's all. In the meantime, those same chosen know they need to intercept rising nationalist tendencies, so they do seem willing to cede a few inches of rhetorical ground. And besides, Trump has been linking his criticisms of Omar and company with accusations of antisemitism so...we can see that this rhetoric will be allowed only insofar as it serves a chosen interest.

But the fact is, "racism" is still well outside the Overton window. Trump himself will tell you his tweets weren't racist. We might say they are, but the fact that he would dent it means the overton window remains mostly unmolested in any meaningful way. And if you vote for him thinking this is leading anywhere useful, despite what I've told you today, then when the disappointment sets in in 2020 after the election and we go back to the status quo I want you to remember this post....remember....

Blogger Nostromo July 18, 2019 10:57 AM  

Ummm... been that way since Zero was in office. (Actually before, but it was weaponized then)

Blogger Jim the Curmudgeon July 18, 2019 10:57 AM  

I don't understand why the centrist dems aren't jumping on this. They can probably take out Omar with the marriage/fraud business, and Ocasio-Cortez still has the issue of that redirected campaign money over her heard (i.e., where her Indian campaign manager pulled a typical Indian stunt).

Pelosi allegedly wants to get rid of these ultra-left types, yet they aren't doing much about it when there are two obvious routes to discredit the most visible of them.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 18, 2019 11:00 AM  

Pointing out that Trump is thoroughly beholden to Judeo-Christ and therefore isn't going to come out and start "affirming Christ and Christendom"...is simply stating the Truth.

You come off as a blackpiller because you overstate it. Judeo-Christianity has been pushed as a foundation of civic nationalism, so Trump as a civic nationalist is not likely to start dedicating his rallies to Christ the King and calling for a crusade to take back the Holy Land from the perfidious Jews. Granted. But throwing around absolutes like "thoroughly beholden" ignores reality in favor of a false narrative. If he were so beholden, 90%-plus of Jews wouldn't be calling him Hitler and throwing money and votes at his opponents. They wouldn't be on Twitter right now screaming that they'll be next right after Omar. When he talks about nationalism and sending people back, they hear him affirming Christendom and call it a dogwhistle. Do you ever consider they might hear right?

Blogger Gettimothy July 18, 2019 11:03 AM  

@36 He already does.

Three data points demonstrating it.

1. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/07/16/president-trump-hosts-cabinet-meeting-with-media-review-video-and-transcript/

note the opening prayer during a public cabinet meeting

2. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/07/17/president-trump-showcases-one-united-american-squad-under-god/ the "One Squad Under God"

3. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW53geuDo50
Mrs. Trump leading the crowd in a prayer "Our Father"


Combine those with Trumps proven record of leading from the middle. He knows our people are Christian and he knows that we want God and that our politics should reflect that.

For these reasons I am optimistic. Judeo is losing. Logos is rising.

Now, if I am wrong and Trump goes Kristol on us, I will own the error. However, I will admit no error when Trump does his usual coalition building and you freak out about it.

fair enough?

Blogger anorganicbear July 18, 2019 11:03 AM  

@41: It's hard to bend over backward claiming you want anyone and everyone to be able to come to America payed for by The Gubmint and also lobby to enforce existing immigration laws.

Blogger Gettimothy July 18, 2019 11:05 AM  

@42 thanks. well stated

Blogger Duh-ave July 18, 2019 11:35 AM  

Will the Overton Window ever open itself to "...extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."?

Burn the witches, hang the Swamp Things and send the rest back.

Justice.

Blogger RA July 18, 2019 11:38 AM  

Slightly off topic, but this is about Disney and it's too rich not to share.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7255947/Disneyland-visitors-say-park-ghost-town-opening-Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge.html

get woke, go broke?

Blogger Avalanche July 18, 2019 11:42 AM  

@22 "They all have to go back, but we can send them with armaments and well wishes."

Was gonna ask: hasn't that already been done before... but no, that was Liberia.

Blogger Noah B. July 18, 2019 11:45 AM  

I really don't get why this was supposed be so racist. Have we really reached a point where criticizing someone not white is de facto racism?

Yes. The ground rules are that white people are inherently racist. By extension anything you can possibly do is also racist.

Blogger Amy July 18, 2019 12:04 PM  

Someone help me out, please.

SIL says it’s profoundly ironic that people are saying “if you don’t like the country, leave” are also telling “asylum seekers” (heh) to stay and fix their own countries...

I’m not interested in arguing with her because I don’t yell at brick walls and she’s always right, anyway /sarc

But, talking points? Flaws in theory? Holes in logic? I know it will come up again, with others, and I like to be armed.

Blogger Whitecloak July 18, 2019 12:10 PM  

@50 It's rhetoric, and it's a stand-in for something more profoundly jaw-dropping to a post-Western type- what we really mean when we say that is 'you aren't one of us, you don't belong here, you need to go'.

Coherent with 'they should stay where they are' in that we don't want them here. That's the common thread. We don't want them here.

Blogger anorganicbear July 18, 2019 12:20 PM  

@50 Amy: The hypocrisy game always works both ways. If they won't stay and fix their own countries, what makes her think they can fix ours? Just as hypocritical.

Blogger Noah B. July 18, 2019 12:27 PM  

@50 There is no contradiction between those two statements. Immigrants failed to fix their own countries. That means they aren't qualified to fix other countries either.

Blogger Amy July 18, 2019 12:40 PM  

My thoughts too.

Further, I’ve considered that seeking “asylum” (gibs) suggests a level of humility and acceptance of charity, and a duty to return once danger has passed in the homeland.

Instead we get ingrates full of hate for our not doing enough, seeking to change *our* ways to suit their preferences.

Blogger Sheila4g July 18, 2019 12:52 PM  

@38 Tars Tarkas: "Have we really reached a point where criticizing someone not white is de facto racism?"

Where have you been?
We're long past that point.

Blogger cloom July 18, 2019 12:57 PM  

@30 I saw "America. One "Squad" Under God" as a Mark Dice-video comments meme and it did not get a big up-thumb response. I think few knew if was the ending message of the Trump 75s video on twitter, where it was more effective with the build-up of 70 seconds of images and music.

I know my church is 40% foreign nationals and we are not going to be united just because we are Christian under one God. Maybe the test audience at Mark Dice also knows it is not true; ie. no unity, except by nation and God.

Blogger basementhomebrewer July 18, 2019 12:58 PM  

Someone help me out, please.

SIL says it’s profoundly ironic that people are saying “if you don’t like the country, leave” are also telling “asylum seekers” (heh) to stay and fix their own countries...

I’m not interested in arguing with her because I don’t yell at brick walls and she’s always right, anyway /sarc

But, talking points? Flaws in theory? Holes in logic? I know it will come up again, with others, and I like to be armed.


There is a big logical fail on her part. The people who need to leave did not originate here. They, or their parents came here and now they are trying to "fix" our country. All this while expressing affinity for their country of origin. They need to go to their country of origin and fix it first before they try to help us with our country.

If their identity was American then the logic wouldn't work. Since their identity is "Latina", or Muslim, or Somali, or Palestinian then that is where they need to go to bless with their "help".

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box July 18, 2019 1:16 PM  

All I'm thinking is:

Hey Liberals, Leftists and Cucks: It's our turn now, b*****s!

Blogger Jeroth July 18, 2019 1:29 PM  

And now Trump disavowed the chant: "I was not happy with it. I disagree with it.".

He is constantly caving to Jewish pressure. This is his most fundamental weakness.

Blogger Jeroth July 18, 2019 1:41 PM  

He's disavowing how own supporters for repeating his own rhetoric. It's downright embarrassing.

Blogger Tars Tarkas July 18, 2019 2:46 PM  

@60 This is why I have more or less stopped following what Trump says. What does he think he is gaining by disavowing his own rally?

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 18, 2019 3:13 PM  

@61, A bit of reassurance to the Nice White Ladies of the party that he's not going full Vlad the Impaler like the TV keeps telling them, I'd imagine. After 2+ years of handholding, they're pretty much on board with Wall and deportations, but they still cling to beliefs about "good immigrants" and fear that innocent people could get hurt if it gets out of hand.

I don't necessarily agree that he needs to do that, but I can see the idea behind it. If he just plays to us in the cheap seats all the time, the rest of the audience will get restless.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 18, 2019 3:19 PM  

Amy wrote:SIL says it’s profoundly ironic that people are saying “if you don’t like the country, leave” are also telling “asylum seekers” (heh) to stay and fix their own countries...

He keeps doing two steps forward and one or two steps back, but over time it does add up to a little travel in the right direction.

Blogger cloom July 18, 2019 3:53 PM  

@50 Amy: Your sister-in-law's false premise is "stay and fix". She is a "hope&change" fan. She is saying "change and fix" both USA and Somalia. Rhetoric would attack the change and fix recipes of the Somalian Omar and the Puerto Rican Cortez.

Blogger cloom July 18, 2019 4:19 PM  

@50
Simpler:
Does USA need fixing? No.
Does Somalia need fixing? Yes.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 18, 2019 4:20 PM  

Would Trump please kill the Big Bad Boogie Monster named "Racist", for crying out loud a bunch of grownups fretting about cult marx rhetoric as if it is Godzilla on roids instead of what it is friggin rhetoric.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl July 18, 2019 5:19 PM  

No, they aren't. Don't be fooled by one semi-woke ad.
The only animosity anyone in the GOP feels toward Omar is due to her "anti-Semeticism."
Even the president refused to condemn her anti-white rhetoric and has now thrown the chanting rally goers under the bus. Not that he means it, of course. This is all just a game.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl July 18, 2019 5:24 PM  

Disney isn't going to go broke, just like Gillette, Nike & all the other multi billion dollar corporations aren't going to either.

The whole get woke, go broke thing needs to be relegated to 2017.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl July 18, 2019 5:27 PM  

You go to a church that's only 60% ppl like you?
Why????
That sounds insane, to me.

Blogger cloom July 18, 2019 5:35 PM  

@Houelle It was 99.99% my people when I was born here. Leaving and giving up my territory is cowardly.

Blogger Rhys July 18, 2019 6:48 PM  

If only one of the armchair presidents who regularly posts on VP would run. Then our country would be fixed in a day! Because that's possible! They would know, they've spent years fantasizing about it.

Blogger Doktor Jeep July 18, 2019 8:40 PM  

Annnnnnd he cucked.

Blogger OneWingedShark July 18, 2019 9:56 PM  

tublecane wrote:"to impeach President Donald Trump over racist comments"

Was there even an effort to cook up phony charges, or are we just going to pretend saying something allegedly "racist" is a high crime and/or misdemeanor?

The absolutely hilarious thing about the whole mess is they could hit him with an impeachment that would be easy to make stick, easy to show as making him unfit for the presidency — the reason they don't is because it's something they're guilty of too! — simply put the Constitution requires the federal government to protect the states from invasion (art 4, sec 4), and he has said multiple times that there is an invasion, yet he does not order the military to use all necessary [read "lethal"] force to prevent entry.

Rek. wrote:Crowd: "Send her back!! Send her back!! Send her back!! Send her back!!"
Looks like the people are getting fed up with foreigners meddling in US politics.

Jeroth wrote:And now Trump disavowed the chant: "I was not happy with it. I disagree with it.".
He is constantly caving to Jewish pressure. This is his most fundamental weakness.

And this is why Trump is behind the curve of populist/nationalist sentiment now!

Blogger Glaivester July 19, 2019 12:58 AM  

I notice that Russia Russia Russia is not hurting Salvini, either, whose League is still polling north of 35% in all but one poll, and is only doing minimal damage in Austria, where the Freedom Party is still hovering around 20% despite tape of someone in the party dealing with Russians.

Blogger Desdichado July 19, 2019 2:18 PM  

SIL says it’s profoundly ironic that people are saying “if you don’t like the country, leave” are also telling “asylum seekers” (heh) to stay and fix their own countries...

I’m not interested in arguing with her because I don’t yell at brick walls and she’s always right, anyway /sarc

But, talking points? Flaws in theory? Holes in logic? I know it will come up again, with others, and I like to be armed.


How is that ironic? Those who don't like their countries still have a responsibility to fix them, and we have no responsibility whatsoever to take them in.

Ask your SIL why she's so willing to throw her own children and own people under the bus to peacock about her supposed moral superiority. Take care of your own first, and then look outward for someone else to help if you must.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts