ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Battleground state voter registrations

Trumpslide 2020 is in progress:
  • AZ: R +4k
  • CO: D +42k
  • FL: R +93k
  • IA: D +6k
  • NC: R +185k
  • NV: R +26k
  • PA: R +70k
  • NM: R +7k
  • NH: D +7k
Translation: Trump will hold onto the states he won in 2016 and pick up AT LEAST another two or three.

Labels: ,

74 Comments:

Blogger CCP August 17, 2019 8:34 AM  

I'm not even paying attention to mainstream news polls and experts this time

Blogger camcleat August 17, 2019 8:41 AM  

I sure hope that R increase for NC is an indication that we are going to get rid of Tillis. That dude is a first rate disaster.

Could also be response to Cooper. Shannon Watts has been snooping around the state again. I'm not sure yet what results she's gotten.

NC was one of the states that "gave" 2016 to Trump, at least in the minds of the MSM eggheads. I sometimes worry the State is rapidly turning blue, but this number is encouraging.

On a related note, we visited King's Mountain battlefield recently. Here's to hoping NC men have what it takes to fight for home again.

Blogger White Knight Leo #0368 August 17, 2019 8:51 AM  

I'm in full agreement that Trump is in a good position - and it won't surprise me if your prediction comes true. But if the NeverTrump crowd is any indication, there are plenty of people who will literally ignore how bad the Democrat candidate is in order to oppose Trump.

My own grandmother has been a die-hard Bill Clinton fan for many years, but I think I've got through to her - she despises Trump, but she also admitted that open borders and/or reparations would be a deal-breaker even for her, and she's very uncomfortable with the fact that the candidates aren't pushing back on either issue.

Blogger rumpole5 August 17, 2019 9:02 AM  

These statistics may be deceptive. I have thought about reregistering as a democrat so that I can vote for the least disgusting candidate (Tulsi Gabbard?) in the primary. There is just no action (praise God for that) on the Republican side. It's Trump, Trump, TRUMP! Also, I could go to a Trump rally wearing a "Democrat for Trump, MAGA" hat.

Blogger FUBARwest August 17, 2019 9:04 AM  

Had a discussion with a Boomer who insisted that Trump was going to lose in 2020 to Kamala Harris.

First interaction with a Boomernin awhile. No idea how you can live with them.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 17, 2019 9:07 AM  

We have over a year to sharpen our rhetorical swords and stow our dialectic nerf bats, so yeah Trump has a chance.

The old we gonna educate them libruls waste of time conservatism model is collapsing, not that conservatives wouldn't jump at a chance to go back to the bow ties and lifted eye brows shtick but hey thank the Left and its discredit and disqualifying blitzkrieg for destroying that crap for good.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 17, 2019 9:09 AM  

"Boomercon" will become a perjorative, definition, tube zombie who spouts silly tropes easily disproved by reality.

Blogger Salt August 17, 2019 9:20 AM  

White Knight Leo #0368 wrote:and it won't surprise me if your prediction comes true.

Ahhhh...

Blogger Dirk Manly August 17, 2019 9:31 AM  

"There is just no action (praise God for that) on the Republican side. It's Trump, Trump, TRUMP!"


Who's fault is it if none of the Republicans congress-critters want to jump onto Trump's winning bandwagon? Certainly not Trump's!

Blogger kmbr August 17, 2019 9:49 AM  

It is ASU move in day today and the news here covers it to infinity.

I got a text from an old neighbor/friend last night. She very much gets her news from "traditional" sources and has a solid normalcy bias.

It read:

"Is it me or when I see move in day stories on TV I hardly see any white kids. Nearly all Indians, blacks, hispanics and so on"

They are starting to notice. How can you not?

Blogger lynnjynh9315 August 17, 2019 9:51 AM  

Where's Minnesota? Are we not considering it battleground? We should.

Blogger Peter Millen August 17, 2019 9:54 AM  

Biden is a disaster and there are reports that his staff floated the idea of having him not campaign later in the day when he is more gaffe prone.

This is Sickly Hillary 2.0

I just hope the economy holds up. I expect it will.

Blogger IrishFarmer August 17, 2019 9:56 AM  

Trump has walked a tight rope between seeming to give his enemies what they want by failing on his promises, and secretly working with a cabal of Patriots to rid the US of its enemies and destroy a global network of sadists, pedophiles, and whatnot. We will see if it pays off I really feel like this could go either way but I haven't successfully predicted anything so who knows.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 17, 2019 10:57 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger kurt9 August 17, 2019 10:58 AM  

Rod Dreher talks of an anti-Trump landslide. Of course, I consider Dreher to be a ninny

Blogger Dirk Manly August 17, 2019 11:01 AM  

@12

Fortunately, Biden is just Dumb and Ambitious, where as Hillary is Evil, stupid, and ambitious.

Biden is always trying to be around and touch prepubescent girls because he's honestly (although sickly) attracted to them.

Hillary wants them, because she thinks abusing their innocense will give her magickal (that's with a "ck" not a "c") powers.

People long suspected that Hillary was a witch before "The Wings" coven let it slip. Biden is disgusting, but he ain't no warlock.

Nevertheless, the man is still both dangerous AND CREEPY.

Blogger Crew August 17, 2019 11:07 AM  

@5: Polls suggest Harris is an also-ran. She is consistently in fourth place:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primaries/democratic/national/

Just to make certain, perhaps register as a Democrat in CA so you can vote against her.

Blogger Purge187 August 17, 2019 11:14 AM  

@#3 - She may have been red-pilled by the whole Epstein circus. When even a dingbat like AOC starts asking questions, well...

Blogger Lovekraft August 17, 2019 11:29 AM  

Rest assured that any truce that comes from Tlaib/Omar and Israel will end up with whites being the agreed-upon target

Tim Pool is a big Gabbard fan. I leave regular suggestions that he appeal for her to switch and run as repub

California and its widespread and well-known electoral corruption and immigrant vote-stacking should be in a separate category - Imminent Banana Republic Status

Blogger Damelon Brinn August 17, 2019 11:34 AM  

Dreher has to see an anti-Trump landslide coming. It's the only thing he can stand to see.

Blogger tuberman August 17, 2019 11:37 AM  

16. Dirk Manly

In a sense, you are correct. Bill and Hill, Obama and his "wife," and even Bush 41 have set the bar so low that Biden's pedo fondling of little girls in public is almost normal. Not to mention completely selling his own country out with both the Ukraine and China. Still compared to the above five monsters?!

Blogger kurt9 August 17, 2019 11:40 AM  

Damelon Brinn wrote:Dreher has to see an anti-Trump landslide coming. It's the only thing he can stand to see.

Dreher has always hated Trump. I don't know why. I suspect it is simply that Trump is unapologetic alpha and Dreher is a wimp and a ninny. Every so often Dreher will write something insightful.

Blogger Ingot9455 August 17, 2019 11:49 AM  

@5 @17 Kamala might still wind up getting past the Democrat's massive Super Tuesday primary, for no reason other reason than she has name recognition in California and will get a massive number of California delegates on that day.

She'll also have Google and so forth pulling for her.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 17, 2019 11:49 AM  

rumpole5 wrote:I have thought about reregistering as a democrat so that I can vote for the least disgusting candidate (Tulsi Gabbard?) in the primary.

Do you really want to help the Dems run a candidate who isn't barking mad, isn't going to scare the normies? They probably still couldn't beat Trump, but Tulsi's coat tails might help down-ticket. Kameltoe's coat tails are likely to sweep some down-ticket folks out of office.

Only a Boomer Cuckservative would be trying to save the Left from the consequences of their stupidity.

Blogger DonReynolds August 17, 2019 12:10 PM  

Without agreeing or disagreeing with predictions or making any new ones, we should have some basic historical facts on the blackboard.

The Blue Wall is the term used to describe those 18 states that reliably voted Democrat in every presidential election from 1992 to 2012. Those states are Hawaii, the West Coast states, the three Great Lakes states, Illinois, every state from Pennsylvania-Maryland to the tip of Maine, except New Hampshire, and the District of Columbia. (While not a state, DC has cast 3 electoral votes since 1964, all Democrat.) It is the Blue Wall states that have given the Democrats a reliable advantage in electoral votes, 242 of the 270 required to win.

The Republican equivalent is called the Red Sea. It is much less significant to the election, totally only 102 electoral votes. The Red Sea consists of every state from Texas to Canada, plus Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Alaska, Mississippi, Alabama and South Carolina. These states have reliably voted Republican the last seven presidential elections. States that have voted Republican in six out of the last seven elections are Georgia, North Carolina, Montana, Arizona and Indiana. Adding these states to the Red Sea, raises the electoral votes to 158. Kentucky and West Virginia have voted Republican in five of the last seven presidential elections, so the Red Sea could be up to 171 votes. In PRACTICAL terms, the only remaining state in the Deep South is Louisiana, with 8 electoral votes, and the Mid South or Upper South states (which I know as Interstate 40)...Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and North Carolina would be another 42 electoral votes, raising the total in a hopeful Red Sea to 221 votes.

All I have done here is set up the board and placed the pieces on the hexes. It is from here that you play the game. This is the starting position.

Blogger wreckage August 17, 2019 1:31 PM  

@25; it seems largely irrelevant to me. The "Starting position" as outlined, with the erstwhile reliable EC votes at 242 to 171 suggests Dems holding the Presidency more frequently than the Pubs. The history shows an even split.

Given that, I don't see any predictive power in your proposed gaming of the election.

Blogger NO GOOGLES August 17, 2019 1:37 PM  

Let Colorado be a lesson to you: you cannot win in a state when fraud is the default. Mail in ballots an absolute joke. You might as well just ask the DNC who they think won the election.

Blogger NO GOOGLES August 17, 2019 1:42 PM  

@25
The problem with this analysis is that it discounts recent trends. For example - nobody thinks KY is going Democrat in 2020 but they used to be reliable Democrat. In your analysis they have only started voting Republican about 20 or so years ago.

As for polls etc - it's far too early for them to be of any use even if they weren't fudged beyond all recognition. Think about all of the things that could happen between now and election day. I'm optimistic about Trump 2020 because he's finally started to come around on silicon valley - especially since social media was a huge part of his 2016 victory. Now at least he has an actual record people can vote on and overall it's pretty good. I think the DNC mostly forgets how important the economy is in most elections. They were trying to get Americans used to the EU economic model of tepid 1-2% "growth" (read: inflation) during the Obama years but Trump has blown that out of the water.

Blogger Theproductofafineeduction August 17, 2019 1:59 PM  

God willing 2020 will be an epic blow out. People in deep blue cities, at least mine, still haven’t internalized why he won. If he gains on 2016 the reaction will be double plus good glorious.

Blogger tuberman August 17, 2019 2:26 PM  

25. DonReynolds

The Blue Wall was major talking point for the MSM during 2016 election, as to why Trump could not get elected. Interesting that you should use a MSM talking point. How did that work out for them in 2016? Well, Trump smashed the Blue Wall.

Also, who were the so-called Right running in the years
1992 - 2012? No Name McCain, Romney, and the Bushes were R president material, everyone of those four were as DS as the Left, or insiders to the Club... A Blue Wall against them, hardly represents a Blue Wall that will hold against Trump.

Thus the Blue Wall argument for 2020 is STUPID PROPAGANDA.

Blogger VFM #7634 August 17, 2019 2:48 PM  

1992 - 2012? No Name McCain, Romney, and the Bushes were R president material, everyone of those four were as DS as the Left, or insiders to the Club... A Blue Wall against them, hardly represents a Blue Wall that will hold against Trump.

None of those four actually voted for Trump. They almost certainly wouldn't be in the same political party with him, if we had a parliamentary system instead of a first-past-the-post two party system.

Blogger Richard Rahl August 17, 2019 2:54 PM  

Vox, do you recommend certain analysts and/or sources for reliable election predictions and analysis?

Blogger Crew August 17, 2019 3:10 PM  

@26: No, the Deep State has reliably held the presidency until 2016.

That is a fact. The party affiliation the candidate clams is generally irrelevant.

Blogger DonReynolds August 17, 2019 3:15 PM  

NO GOOGLES wrote:@25

The problem with this analysis is that it discounts recent trends. For example - nobody thinks KY is going Democrat in 2020 but they used to be reliable Democrat. In your analysis they have only started voting Republican about 20 or so years ago.


I put Kentucky in the Red Sea, so we are in agreement.

"Kentucky and West Virginia have voted Republican in five of the last seven presidential elections..."

There is no analysis, just some historic information. But you must be young if you cannot remember when Kentucky was a reliable Democrat state (like Arkansas and Tennessee and West Virginia), but that was well before the War on Coal. Organized labor may well have been lost by the Democrats in the coal region.

tuberman wrote:25. DonReynolds

The Blue Wall was major talking point for the MSM during 2016 election, as to why Trump could not get elected. Interesting that you should use a MSM talking point. How did that work out for them in 2016? Well, Trump smashed the Blue Wall.


The Blue Wall was not actually smashed in 2016...the usual big Democrat states, California and New York, still voted Democrat, even though New York was Trump's home state. The biggest single-state loss for the Democrats in 2016 was Florida (which Obama carried twice). Florida has the same electoral votes as New York (29).

Minnesota and Illinois stayed in the Blue Wall, but Michigan (10), Wisconsin (10), and Pennsylvania (20) were lost from the Blue Wall. Even Maine gave up one electoral vote to Trump.

West of the Mississippi River, the only other difference between 2008, 2012, and 2016 was Iowa (6) being won by Trump. The rest of the electoral vote in the West was completely unchanged.

From the Republican viewpoint, the 2020 election will be decided in the Mid-West states and around the Great Lakes and Pennsylvania. The Democrats seem to be stalking bigger game....flipping Florida (29) back to Democrat or even an upset win in Texas (36), neither of which are impossible, due to the New Americans.

The Democrats are also betting that Trump cannot hang on to ALL of the Midwest and Great Lakes states he carried in 2016. That may not be a losing bet.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 17, 2019 3:32 PM  

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump winning over whatever Dem gets the nomination will be much better than the alternative. No doubt at all.

However, it seems that most people don't seem to be able to grasp that it is the Government itself that is our problem. I should say The Empire. Blaming one generation for all our woes is just not going to help. Hell, mother born in 1934 voted for the politicians that gave you the horror of the '60s.

Democracy is the God that failed as the book famously said. But what government does not enslave the people over time? What government other than that of God remains true to the people?

Most of us know the distant past only though newspapers, movies, history books, and other such lies.

But I understand it is not my job to argue with the narrative here, so I will go on instilling skepticism into my young charges as well as I can. They actually pay me for that.

May the wind be at your back.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia August 17, 2019 4:16 PM  

FUBARwest wrote:Had a discussion with a Boomer who insisted that Trump was going to lose in 2020 to Kamala Harris.

First interaction with a Boomernin awhile. No idea how you can live with them.


Hey, dickface -- and all you other anti-Boomers -- you'd better hope we make into 2020 in sufficient numbers to make a difference in the GE's re-election.

See:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2016/11/10/the-demographic-blowback-that-elected-donald-trump/

https://www.salon.com/2016/11/10/boomers-in-revolt-was-trumps-shocking-win-an-act-of-generational-warfare/

https://www.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11

Blogger Crew August 17, 2019 4:20 PM  

Deep State lap dogs come running!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/wow-scaramucci-talks-with-never-trump-leader-bill-kristol-on-how-to-force-trump-off-2020-ballot/

Blogger Dirk Manly August 17, 2019 4:42 PM  

Haxo... exactly how many times have you been told to f off?

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 17, 2019 4:56 PM  

Dirk, he'd have to take his shoes off to count that high just for today. You do not want to smell that.

Blogger map August 17, 2019 5:02 PM  

Elections do not turn on how massive the voter numbers are. There are millions of people who will vote Democrat no matter what and there are millions of people who will vote Republican no matter what. Electoral change, however, happens at the margin, with the marginal voter, who asks, “What do I gain, What do I lose and When do I get it?” This marginal voter is who got Trump elected in 2016.

Let’s take stock of the last 12 years or so:

1) In 2007-2008, the Federal Reserve crashed the economy. 14 million people lost their jobs. 4 million people lost their homes. Markets tanked, with retirements delayed and losses in the standard of living. Under these conditions, the party that presides, will always lose.
2) Obama gets elected. Why was he elected? To fix the economy.
3) Instead of fixing the economy, Obama pushed ObamaCare, something nobody wanted.
4) In 2010, the voters, seeing that Obama wasn’t doing anything about the economy, voted to give Congress to the Republicans.
5) The Republicans were voted in to fix the economy. Instead of fixing the economy, they focused on repealing ObamaCare.
6) By 2010, the economy was so bad, people were willing to give ObamaCare a try. The high level of unemployment meant most people did not have insurance, since insurance was had through a job. Worse, health insurance cannot be bought the way auto insurance is bought, because of the moral hazard problem. In fact, nobody had any issues with pre-existing conditions before ObamaCare took hold because corporate healthcare never bothered asking. Why? Health insurance companies like insuring businesses because your health is uncorrelated to where you work. Being unemployed, people were willing to try ObamaCare at this stage since they had no other choice.

(continued)

Blogger map August 17, 2019 5:03 PM  

7) Instead of fixing the economy, the Republicans made a big show out of attempting to repeal, and then failing to do so, ObamaCare. This farce went on for six years.
8) Trump throws his hat in the ring and finally talks about fixing the economy, creating better healthcare, getting out of the useless wars, upending trade and immigration, and the marginal voters inside the “Blue Wall” push him into the margin of victory.
9) Paul Ryan maneuvers Donald Trump into the healthcare issue…once again, before fixing the economy. Trump wanted a “repeal and replace” and all Ryan wanted was a repeal. This is what did the Republican House in in 2018. Nancy Pelosi dusted off the whole 2005 healthcare playbook, illustrated the dozens of times the Republican House tried to repeal ObamaCare, and defeated Paul Ryan.
10) The House loss is significant because Republicans were ousted in areas that previously voted for Trump. The reasons were simple. The blue-collar workers wanted the ObamaCare in place because they did not pay the high premiums and they still got healthcare. The suburban soccer moms wanted ObamaCare in place because they could pay the high premiums and they wanted the catastrophic care insurance.
11) John McCain, ironically, saved the Senate for the Republicans by voting down repealing ObamaCare.
12) Trump does deliver on healthcare by removing the ObamaCare penalty, thus putting money in people’s pockets.
13) Trump delivers on the economy by pushing supply-side tax cuts, that increased the after-tax returns to capital by up to 40%. The economy starts to recover finally, in spite of the Feds monetary attacks of raising the federal funds rate.
14) Trump starts the trade deals and the immigration issues.

Trump is operating on the pulse of the marginal voter. Trump thinks at the margin. Notice how healthcare has moved to second place and immigration has become the number one issue. Marginal voters create these priorities based on where their interests lie from moment to moment. Trump understand this.

Trump is also not an austerity junkie. He understands that the marginal voter likes it when the government lowers his taxes and spends money on him. The marginal voter doesn’t care about budget deficits, the national debt, environmentalist energy austerity, or seeing his pocket picked for foreigners, illegals and grievance groups.

Trump is in a very good position, which is why he can fill a stadium while Biden can’t fill a high school auditorium. It’s much easier to fake a pool than to pay 100,000 people to show up at a rally.

Blogger map August 17, 2019 5:07 PM  

Crew wrote:Deep State lap dogs come running!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/wow-scaramucci-talks-with-never-trump-leader-bill-kristol-on-how-to-force-trump-off-2020-ballot/


Yeah...the mooch needs to protect his Chinese investments.

Blogger map August 17, 2019 5:09 PM  

wEz wrote:Florida he may lose because of the black felon vote that the Dems can try and get now.

He doesn't lose Wisconsin. Won't happen. PA and Michigan are more likely. Sadly, I think Trump will lose, but I thought that last time, so we'll see.


the kind of felons that were released were on various drug charges. Florida prisons have a disproportionate percentage of white people in this category. category.

Blogger Mystic On Main August 17, 2019 5:35 PM  

" But if the NeverTrump crowd is any indication, there are plenty of people who will literally ignore how bad the Democrat candidate is in order to oppose Trump."

Trump could grow a tail and walk around with a pitchfork and the Dem candidate could kill their mother on 5th Avenue and both would still get 40% of the vote.

I think a lot depends on whether or not we go into recession and what kind of news we get over the next 12 months on the national debt. Mass shootings would hurt Trump too. Trump should hope lots and lots of Dems staying in the race and keep picking at each other. But it looks like its coming down to Biden, Warren, Sanders and Harris. I think Harris would be his biggest problem and Sanders would be the easiest to beat.

Blogger Doktor Jeep August 17, 2019 6:17 PM  

Hogg and Co are trying to get a gun vote on the Florida ballot that basically says "register your guns or become an instant felon".
Even the boomers can't hide from that prospect.

Blogger VFM #7634 August 17, 2019 6:24 PM  

Where's Minnesota? Are we not considering it battleground? We should.

@11
From the link, it appears MN doesn't register by party. Although certainly it appears to be more competitive than Rocky Mountain High these days.

Blogger Primus Pilus August 17, 2019 7:01 PM  

KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia wrote:Hey, dickface -- and all you other anti-Boomers -- you'd better hope we make into 2020 in sufficient numbers to make a difference in the GE's re-election.

Figures a Boomer would /demand/ that we thank him for the fact that every generation after them is far less white as a percentage of the population.

If only we could figure out who was responsible for that.

Blogger Karhu August 17, 2019 7:17 PM  

@47 Primus Pilus:

"Figures a Boomer would /demand/ that we thank him for the fact that every generation after them is far less white as a percentage of the population.

If only we could figure out who was responsible for that."

In all fairness to Boomers it was Silents and older generations who set up the conditions which allowed the passage of the 1965 Immigration Act, Boomers couldn't vote in a national election until 1968.

Blogger Crew August 17, 2019 7:24 PM  

@42: Why does Scaramucci hate Americans so much?

Blogger rumpole5 August 17, 2019 7:25 PM  

Gabbard IS Barking mad. Just less so than the other inmates in her particular asylum cell. I'm thinking more in terms of diminishing the damage if (God forbid) something happens with Trump.

Blogger rumpole5 August 17, 2019 7:28 PM  

AMEN brother KPK.

Blogger Retrenched August 17, 2019 7:42 PM  

I just hope Trump walks back his apparent surrender on gun control, this red flag BS. If not, then he's going to have trouble getting big turnout from the rural whites he's going to need to win the swing states.

Blogger rumpole5 August 17, 2019 7:44 PM  

Re: "the fact that every generation after them is far less white as a percentage of the population.

If only we could figure out who was responsible for that."

Answer: the immigration act of 1965. I assure you that no Boomers could even vote in 1965 because the age for sufferage was 21. Therefore, the Silent Gen, the "Greatest" Gen and the Lost Gen were responsible, because they were the ones who could vote. All of the subsequent generations (including you) are responsible for not changing things back to the sensible 1924 law.

Blogger Mark Stoval August 17, 2019 7:45 PM  

@48

"Boomers couldn't vote in a national election until 1968."

The election of 1968 was the last U.S. presidential election in which the minimum voting age was 21.

Not many Boomers could vote in '68 and not many of those born in 1947 and before did vote. Yes, do the math. Hell, I could not even drive to a polling place much less vote.

Now by 1974 those born in 54 and earlier could vote. Not all Boomers but many of them. The older people still vastly outnumbered those boomers who could vote.

On the other hand, the generation that got us into WW2 did vote for all the evil that was the the late 50s, 60s, and early 70s.

Blogger Chris Mallory August 17, 2019 8:27 PM  

DonReynolds wrote:Kentucky was a reliable Democrat state (like Arkansas and Tennessee and West Virginia)

All four states flipped Red in the 2000 election. It had more to do with the war on guns than the war on coal. If Gore had won any of those states he would have been president. I lived in Kentucky in 2000 and guns were much more of an issue than coal. Coal really didn't get into play until Obama.

Blogger Theproductofafineeduction August 17, 2019 8:54 PM  

GOP won Texas by over 13 percentage points in the 2018 gubernatorial against a Hispanic Democrat. It's going GOP in 2020

Blogger Dirk Manly August 17, 2019 10:13 PM  


@48

"In all fairness to Boomers it was Silents and older generations who set up the conditions which allowed the passage of the 1965 Immigration Act, Boomers couldn't vote in a national election until 1968."

They have had ALL of the political power since 1980. What have they done to repeal the 1965 Immigration Act, or at least replace it with something sane?

Oh, that's right.... NOTHING.
Not even a committee hearing.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 17, 2019 10:22 PM  

My mom, who is a Silent, I remember her complaining vehemently about the 1965 Immigration Act before I even started kindergarten, in 1970.

Mom was born in 1942. If she could see the built-in consequences of that law so quickly, then every other adult can, too.

The fact is, the Boomers LIKE the depressed wages, despite the HORRIBLE financial and social impact it's having on their kids and grandkids. Because "MY HOUSE WILL SELL FOR A HIGHER PRICE" and "MY STOCK PORTFOLIO!"

What kind of assholes happily watch their progeny get sabotaged, and do nothing about it...

Oh yes, as Jesus said, "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil."

And Boomers are proving it. Because what they are doing is absolutely evil.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 18, 2019 12:06 AM  

"Hey, dickface -- and all you other anti-Boomers -- you'd better hope we make into 2020 in sufficient numbers to make a difference in the GE's re-election."

Shut up before we decide to stop waiting for you to die.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 18, 2019 12:09 AM  

I'd rather have a minority of non-narcissists than a majority a large fraction of whom literally won't shut the f*** up for long enough for those of us still capable of doing things to do the things that need doing.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 1:07 AM  

Looks like Trump is going to have better approval numbers with blacks than even Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7luNiPtD0c

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 18, 2019 1:46 AM  

Karhu wrote:In all fairness to Boomers it was Silents and older generations who set up the conditions which allowed the passage of the 1965 Immigration Act, Boomers couldn't vote in a national election until 1968.

Once they could vote, they overwhelmingly voted for the traitors who had passed Hart-Celler and for the traitors who followed them.

Blogger Roy Lofquist August 18, 2019 4:45 AM  

1. During the 2016 election I followed the USC/Dornsife poll.

https://cesrusc.org/election/

Take a look. Most accurate (and realistic) of them all.

2. Overwhelming indicator that Trump will win: Donald Trump has been the most maligned politician I have seen since I started paying attention to politics in 1952. In spite of this, or perhaps because of this, he attracts record setting crowds to his political appearance; every week, week after week, in the dog days of summer, in a year without an election. I have never seen anything like it. You have never seen anything like it. No living soul has ever seen anything like it.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 4:59 AM  

Most maligned since Joe McCarthy... and still nowhere near what the left has done to Joe's name and reputation.

Blogger NRx August 18, 2019 5:02 AM  

"Democracy is the God that failed as the book famously said. But what government does not enslave the people over time? What government other than that of God remains true to the people? "

Republics always fail in other then small homogeneous states. The Republic's time has passed, it has long been a dysfunctional oligarchy where the elite/deep state manipulate and buy off voting blocs anyway. As soon as they let women vote it was doomed but reversing the 19th is not possible under the current system so the question is how turbulent the Republic's death throes will be as it gives way to the rule of one man.

Best case is for Trump to win the election, the left to attempt a very badly planned Spartacus (referring to the attempted communist revolution in Weimar Germany not the ancient slave uprising) type rebellion that is rapidly crushed, one that causes just enough damage to give Trump something like absolute power and for Trump to while theoretically saving the Republic becoming something like Augustus. They'll be elections for a while after... but rigged for our side. Trump's successors will openly rule as monarchs or dictators.

The other scenarios are all worse.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 5:24 AM  

@NRx

There won't be any need to rig elections once the illegals have all fled back home and the leftists and "secret society" types have been purged.

Alas, the "secret society" control of government was baked in ... as the War for Independance was a Freemason project.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 5:28 AM  

Read the last chapter of The Temple and the Lodge: The Strange and Fascinating History of the Knights Templar and the Freemasons, by Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh.

Blogger NRx August 18, 2019 6:07 AM  

"There won't be any need to rig elections once the illegals have all fled back home and the leftists and "secret society" types have been purged."

You still have some ideas from the conservatism inc. memeplex in your head if you think this. Solving the illegal problem will delay the communist doom of Democracy but it won't stop it. You still have the single woman voter problem and the eternal appeal of free shit problem.

To solve this problem you need to restrict the vote to property owning males only (or males of a certain net worth at least) but its not possible under the system we have now to go back to this.

To purge leftism from the education and the media (the media... even most of the entertainment media, is somehow controlled by the deep state probably through some hidden arm of the intel agencies but I confess I cannot trace the command and control and enforcement mechanisms from the outside) you need a ruler who can send troops into university social science departments, fire most of the CIA, and helicopter ride leftist intellectuals (starting with women's studies professors).

Indeed to even merely deport illegals en masse in the way Anne Coulter and the blackpillers want Trump essentially needs absolute power.

"Read the last chapter of The Temple and the Lodge: The Strange and Fascinating History of the Knights Templar and the Freemasons, by Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh."

Haven't read it but if you blame the Masons for how awful our current government.

Mason here (not York Rite)... while I can't speak for continental freemasonry (which I've heard is indeed full of various subversives) American freemasons are overwhelmingly right wing and the Craft is most popular within the fanatically pro Trump Southeastern US.

Based St. Brevik was a Knight's Templar Mason and although not York Rite I know that the Knight's Templar degree is Christian's only and that part of the degree oath is that the Knight's Templar Mason must defend Christendom.

The most anti-social thing within Masonic oaths is that you have to swear to observe something like Omerta in regards to fellow masons (with the exception of murder and treason). So if you are opposed to Masonry I understand but Masonry is not (within the US) part of a leftist conspiracy of any kind.

Blogger NRx August 18, 2019 6:12 AM  

Excuse me I was apparently incorrect Brevik was only a regular "Blue Lodge" Mason who thought of himself as a modern day Templar.

Blogger Robert What? August 18, 2019 6:45 AM  

I am remaining cautiously optimistic. But there are two things to remember: Firstly, Trump supporters have been banned from Social Media and Google and so cannot influence anyone. Secondly, the Democrats will be pulling out all the stops on election fraud.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 6:58 AM  

@68

"Solving the illegal problem will delay the communist doom of Democracy but it won't stop it. You still have the single woman voter problem and the eternal appeal of free shit problem."

In a civil war, it's open season on all of the parasites (including "strong, empowered wymmin, who every time there's a job involving lifting more than 5 pounds or walking 10 feet, they need to summon a man to do it for them" types. Easily identified by dangerhair and overall beach-ball shape. Anybody who is eating enough food to feed 3 people and at the same time is demanding that the government subsidize their life... is a parasite. And that's a problem which doesn't need to be solved, merely eliminated.)

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 7:03 AM  

Freemasonry isn't a leftist conspiracy... but it IS a power conspiracy. And from conversations with those who were children of 30+ higher degree Freemasons, the top of the pyramid is doing things that the bottom 1/3 tiers totally oppose. I don't think it started out that way... but that's what it has become. Miles Mathis has noted in his essays (indirectly, merely by pointing out the associations) that the upper end of the Freemasons started treating the country as their own toy, sometime around the end of the 1st quarter of the 1800's.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 18, 2019 7:07 AM  

@Robert What?

The White House had a page to report partisan censorship on social media platforms. The reporting page required enough details to be used as court evidence (i.e. not just "screen name" but real name, and contact info).

Expect Social Media to be experiencing sudden... difficulties... once the primaries end.

Blogger James Lovebirch August 18, 2019 8:42 PM  

@68

There's no reason to give credibility to anything you say when you claim to be part of a society that is foundationally about keeping secrets.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts